8.5

1. Nov 6, 2015
    sucks major ass, Like when I get promoted to major some lowlife mouthbreather starts sucking on my ass. It's awful, the other team gets too many touchdowns and we can never even make it to the world series. It's not my fault that Donald Trump is the best player or that our team keeps luesing
  2. Dec 12, 2014
    This game is insanely overrated. I'm only focusing on the single-player as I generally don't care for multiplayer. The mission structure was boring. The format, after finishing the first three games, has grown repetitive. But the most infuriatingly over-praised aspect is the story. Maybe if had not been executed in such a bland way with absolutely no personality there could have beenThis game is insanely overrated. I'm only focusing on the single-player as I generally don't care for multiplayer. The mission structure was boring. The format, after finishing the first three games, has grown repetitive. But the most infuriatingly over-praised aspect is the story. Maybe if had not been executed in such a bland way with absolutely no personality there could have been something memorable. But, sadly we were left with this trash Expand
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    i used to love call of duty games because i enjoyed working to unlock all the perks. but every time i play online, someone somehow unlocks all the weapons/perks/EVERYTHING within hours. i on cod4mw, it took less than three hours for someone to ruin it for me AGAIN! just like in mw2 and codwaw and mw3... i'm never buying these games again as i don't even get to enjoy the challenge ofi used to love call of duty games because i enjoyed working to unlock all the perks. but every time i play online, someone somehow unlocks all the weapons/perks/EVERYTHING within hours. i on cod4mw, it took less than three hours for someone to ruin it for me AGAIN! just like in mw2 and codwaw and mw3... i'm never buying these games again as i don't even get to enjoy the challenge of progressing anymore. Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    This is one of the hardest games to review this generation for many reasons. Let me start by saying I get my competitive online multiplayer shooter itch scratched by Halo and my co-op/modern military multiplayer shooter needs filled by Rainbow 6, so I found COD's online offerings a little dull and the community full of pricks so that wins it no points. The first time I played through COD IThis is one of the hardest games to review this generation for many reasons. Let me start by saying I get my competitive online multiplayer shooter itch scratched by Halo and my co-op/modern military multiplayer shooter needs filled by Rainbow 6, so I found COD's online offerings a little dull and the community full of pricks so that wins it no points. The first time I played through COD I found it very entertaining but the forced set pieces and crap AI made it feel like an expensive ghost train with no ghosts, the characters where rubbish and the story pointless. However this game started the trend of the shock moment in COD games and in this one it was executed perfectly, the part where the player is caught in an atomic blast is one of the best and most memorable moments in gaming history, the blast was so great it managed to kill COD as the series has gone downhill since that very moment, even this game couldn't be arsed to compete with it as it just kind of ended a little bit later when I believe the atomic blast would have been a perfect ending to the game. With all this in account the game scored a 6 but the price it was, compared to the length of the game, knocks a point off to 5. I mean the game is less than 6 hours long which no one should be paying full price for. Which gets me to the point where Modern Warfare gains a 4, just like gears of war I have to look at the legacy that COD left us, it's a giant seller and because of this other games try to copy it's selling points so this is another game that helped flood the market with generic brown cover based shooters. COD also saw the raise in sales of **** DLC and micro transactions off the success of this game. Expand
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare can sometimes be a fun game to play, but with an incoherent plot and a dull and repetitive gameplay, the game will soon become quite boring. The game's plot lacks cohesion and can confuse players with it's poorly connected storyline and the graphics are quite mediocre in which sometimes it can be good and sometimes it can be ugly. All the followingCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare can sometimes be a fun game to play, but with an incoherent plot and a dull and repetitive gameplay, the game will soon become quite boring. The game's plot lacks cohesion and can confuse players with it's poorly connected storyline and the graphics are quite mediocre in which sometimes it can be good and sometimes it can be ugly. All the following instalments in the Modern Warfare franchise blatantly copy this game in all it's nothingness. If you are a Call of Duty fan you will surely like this, but everybody else will call it a bore. Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2012
    Why does anyone like this game? It looks like crap, it plays like crap, the maps are crap, the story is crap, everything is crap. This has to be the most overrated game in history.
  7. Jul 16, 2011
    The single player sucks and is incredibly short and the online is the definition of repetitive. i don't understand what people like about this,if you want a good shooter play Bioshock, Half-life 2,gears of war or crysis
  8. Davidc
    Nov 13, 2009
    Wow, how is this getting such a high score? campaign took me 3 and a half hours!!!! Absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone remeber half life? it took days to get through and was far less linear than this. The only saving grace is multiplayer which is decent but the maps pale in comparison to cod 4. Im utterly dissapointed.
  9. JamesN
    Nov 12, 2009
    This is the GRAYEST game I've ever seen, it looks like they actually made an effort to use a limited color palette with gray as the base. The story mode has a bunch of twists and turns, too bad they are the SAME twist about 17 times.They have giant plot holes all across. I think the real low point of this game is the death streak. So I'm doing terrible and now the game is This is the GRAYEST game I've ever seen, it looks like they actually made an effort to use a limited color palette with gray as the base. The story mode has a bunch of twists and turns, too bad they are the SAME twist about 17 times.They have giant plot holes all across. I think the real low point of this game is the death streak. So I'm doing terrible and now the game is plastering it on my screen that because I suck so badly they need to give me an edge. Not that it matters because the edge lasts just long enough to run out a full minute before I see anyone. So lets see, I can't see anything because its all gray, and the game rubs loss in my face. Well don't worry because it still can get even worse. Normally kill streaks are determined pretty much randomly by luck... and im not saying everyone because some people get it regularly with great skills. For the most part however its luck. So, Hardline, Grenade Grenade Turrent, Helicopter, NUKE. Seems to be the common trend of this game. They seem to fail to realize that in a real warzone all this guided killstreaks stuff is balanced because there is thousands of people fighting. In a map where there is only 8 people on each side a guided missile is completely overpowered. Lets finish off this review with the fact that you can pay extra to start off with the end game gear, and whoever has the higher level weapon always wins. Expand
  10. chrisob
    Nov 2, 2009
    The most dull, and boring game I've ever played in my life. The SP is just a dull, boring , linear, cliched story line that is easy to beat even on the hardest difficulty. AI just stand there and enemy AI chuck grenade upon grenade at you. There is nothing original about this storyline. MP is the same way, the gameplay is shallow, and the maps linear and badly designed. Perks make The most dull, and boring game I've ever played in my life. The SP is just a dull, boring , linear, cliched story line that is easy to beat even on the hardest difficulty. AI just stand there and enemy AI chuck grenade upon grenade at you. There is nothing original about this storyline. MP is the same way, the gameplay is shallow, and the maps linear and badly designed. Perks make the game way too easy to be good at, that anyone can pick the game up their first time and go 40-4 on it. Kill streak rewards in combination with the perks just make this one of the most unbalanced games ever. COD 4 is just another generic overhyped game on the consoles. No variety, nothing new, nothing innovative, and nothing spectacular. The sequel will be just the same, just more unbalanced. Expand
  11. AnonymousMC
    Sep 20, 2009
    Really don't get the huge ratings for this game. All I see are 8's and 10's, seriously, could this game be more suck?

Naturally, when I got the game I thought it would be good, I mean, it has two f*cking helpcopters on the front cover, so I was like, "Dude! I get to fly helicopters?!" Sadly, to my dismay, I could not fly around in a simulator like fashion taking off

Sadly, to my dismay, I could not fly around in a simulator like fashion taking off and landing as I pleased.

The graphics were about as good as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 (Which I play daily), so I guess that's a plus.

But really, I didn't get the point of all this "First Person Shooter" stuff. I turned on the game and was like, "What is this?" I just don't get why on the front cover you would have helicopters yet not let the player fly them all over.

Bad Marketing, Bad Game, Bad choice at not having helicopters.
  12. Gras
    Jul 2, 2009
    The reason why my score is so low is because of how overly hyped and overrated, and don't forget disappointing, this game is. Multiplayer is the only thing which keeps it driving, the single player campaign is way too average. That's one of my beefs with the CoD series, the SP Campaigns are more of an arcade shoot-em-up instead of a real, entertaining game with an engrossing The reason why my score is so low is because of how overly hyped and overrated, and don't forget disappointing, this game is. Multiplayer is the only thing which keeps it driving, the single player campaign is way too average. That's one of my beefs with the CoD series, the SP Campaigns are more of an arcade shoot-em-up instead of a real, entertaining game with an engrossing story. The graphics are way too stale, and textures are horribly undetailed. Or maybe I think that because I play too much MGS4 and Gears of War? But for a game this hyped, the graphics are a major letdown. Now, when compared to Halo, this game is better just on the terms of how even more overrated Halo is. I'd still prefer to play Halo once in a while rather than COD4. Expand
  13. AndrewD.
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is definately a great game. what I do not understand is why people take the time to say this game is broken in all ways when it is clearly not. They must like attention. The ONLY negative thing I can say about COD4 is that sometimes it becomes very frustrating when you face people who play it way more than you do.
  14. HaloLover
    Sep 13, 2008
    This game is steaming munt, compared to Halo 3!
  15. JoeyG.
    Sep 10, 2008
    Pure crap... I urge you to buy Halo 3 its a much better game the campaign is longer and if you play through it its not like COD4 where one play you have seen it all.
  16. PeterC.
    Jul 15, 2008
    wow. this game is the biggest piece of garbage ever. i'd rather eat garbage. the graphics are the worst ever in a game. they are probably worse than the N64. and don't even get me started on the framerate issues. the game's character movements are terrible and choppy, the characters all look like robots, and the game constantly freezes. also everyone knows that nobody uses wow. this game is the biggest piece of garbage ever. i'd rather eat garbage. the graphics are the worst ever in a game. they are probably worse than the N64. and don't even get me started on the framerate issues. the game's character movements are terrible and choppy, the characters all look like robots, and the game constantly freezes. also everyone knows that nobody uses guns in a war; what kind of bullsh*t is that; everyone knows that they have pillow fights. Expand
  17. EddieM.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Absolutely worthless. Halo 3, without the fun. Campaign is exactly the same as past games, and the supremely over-hyped multiplayer is just horrific. People need to hop off, and go back to true FPS greatness; Halo. I mean, unless you feel like hiding and camping the whole time... and then dying in two shots. I play my games for FUN, not realism.
  18. Ultimatetoa
    Jan 8, 2008
    this game is dumb. i mean no aliens or intergalactic travel what kind of halo game is this any way. they said that Halo 4 future tools of warfare was game of the year, and Ano you suck, the orange box sucks, and halo 3 deserved game of the year.
  19. MatD.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Singleplayer game is very short, and once that is finished the game is pointless. Multiplayer is simply a joke, is no differnt then any other crappy FPS online.
  20. Ano
    Dec 31, 2007
    This game is pathetic seriously. GT said Halo 3 is the game of the year, and I am inclined to say that is bullshite also. The Orange Box gets it for me, but this game is by far the most over-rated game of the decade. No ducking, Sniper has the same power as a pistol, simply its shocking. I really can't see how people love this crap!?
  21. MaxD.
    Dec 13, 2007
    People are stupid. Are you guys blind , graphics are cod2.5 quality while the gameplay is the same as other shooter out there, it brings nothing new to the series.
  22. BenK.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Scripted game, very lame.
  23. BiloP.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Seriously compared to Halo this is crap! No ducking, no vehicles, no skill and basically the same level designs in multi. Its soo easy its a joke, better off with Halo or GOW.
  24. JohnP.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I normally don't rate games but I want to save you all some heartache on this one. It is completely scripted which just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. You will see endless enemies coming out of a doorway until you advance to a specific line then all enemies stop. You will see your allies shot down repeatedly and more just run up to replace them. There's never a sense that I normally don't rate games but I want to save you all some heartache on this one. It is completely scripted which just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. You will see endless enemies coming out of a doorway until you advance to a specific line then all enemies stop. You will see your allies shot down repeatedly and more just run up to replace them. There's never a sense that it's a "real" situation because of this. You find yourself thinking about which spot you have to run to in order to trigger an enemy attack to start, or to stop enemies from running out of a door instead of thinking about how to handle a tactical situation realisitically. In my opinion this game is just not worth playing and I wish I hadn't wasted my money. Beautiful graphics, good sound, and cool weapons don't even begin to make up for the huge amount of fake scripting and endless robotic enemies in this game. Boo!!!! Expand
  25. Limanima
    Nov 14, 2007
    Pales in comparison to the PS3 version with laggy online with constant dropouts. Barely anyone talks online on the XBox while on the PS3 you feel more connected to the community. Longer load times on this version along with worse lighting and textures really ruin the experience.
  26. JamesG.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Sucks ass compared to the PS3 version. Infinity Ward built CoD4 from the ground up on the PS3, with the 360 version being a port of the PS3's. Game looks alike, but the differences ARE there, hence why most unbiased reviewers praise the PS3's CoD4 with higher regards.
  27. JohnD.
    Nov 13, 2007
    I have both systems and the reason I give this one 0 is that the PS3 version is just superior compared to this crap. X360 just can't handle what the COD throws at it, framerate drops, graphics are good but not when compared to PS3 version. Also the controls felt better for me with Sixaxis. Iin conclusion if you have both systems get the PS3 version.
  28. ApocalypseB.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Don't get this score wrong, it is a very good game, well at least the multiplayer is. But the very bad propaganda against those bad old terrorists in the Arab lands where fighting is an every day thing, according to most reviewers, is very insulting. And seeing a kid pretending to be on the front line playing this, killing 'these stinking Muslims', made me give this 2.

1. Simply put, Call of Duty 4 does everything right and nearly nothing wrong. But where it elevates itself above even the best 360 shooters is how all of the good stuff is ludicrously good. The campaign never lets up, while multiplayer is a triple-A affair in itself. [Dec 2007, p.36]
  2. COD4 is cutting-edge entertainment, but the downside to this dense and gripping delivery is that it's over far too quickly: five to six hours on Normal difficulty...COD4 is short but immensely satisfying and we can't wait for a post-modern revival. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.