5.0

1. Jul 2, 2011
    In my opinion, if you're not a die hard call of duty fan don't get this map pack. It seems to me like ever since modern warfare 2 came out, the guys who make call of duty have become money greedy bastards. The zombie map is good, but the multiplayer maps are boring. Skip this map pack.
  2. Aug 21, 2011
    unless you play black ops consistently, then theres little to no point in purchasing this map pack, thats a mantra alot of gamers say when considering whether or not it is actually worth shelling out the extravagantly priced map packs that activision insists on churning out, and its true. If you arent a frequent player of activisions block buster franchise then you are better off spendingunless you play black ops consistently, then theres little to no point in purchasing this map pack, thats a mantra alot of gamers say when considering whether or not it is actually worth shelling out the extravagantly priced map packs that activision insists on churning out, and its true. If you arent a frequent player of activisions block buster franchise then you are better off spending your money selsewhere. The maps themselves are your typical treyarchh fare, although they have listened to fans criticisms when it comes to certain issues that have plagued the title, they added a reskinned version of cliffeside from world at war, the long sight lines really adhere well to the amateur armchair snipers out there, and there is a nice little easter egg in the map hanger 18 with a nod towards a certain apple related glitch that i personaly really enjoyed, but aside from that the multiplayer maps are average at best and add little to the core multiplayer black ops experiance. As a massive fan of treyarchs zombies mode i was quite pleased with the offering of zombie imbued carnage that treyarch had so graciously layed out for me to feast upon, shan-gri-la is a fast paced, tight, tense run and gun affair with plenty of secrets for players to discover, not to mention some awsome new enemy types to mash up with your ray gun. So to summerise, if your a massive fan of black ops zombies or competitive multiplayer modes, thi is worth the purchase, if however you only dabble in black ops' multiplayer modes i would encourage you to resist the urge to buy this one. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2011
    The new multiplayer maps are all pretty solid with Hazard being my least favorite, not that it is without merit but I keep finding myself comparing it to the original from WaW ( a game that I favor considerably more).

New zombies map is a fresh approach however I feel it to be lacking in areas, such as the absence of purchasable traps and the level hazards become a nuisance if anything. All in all pretty good
  4. Jul 2, 2011
    Personally torn with this DLC. Lets start with the pros.
    Drive-In: I personally like this map, I've played it on TDM, Dom, and Demo and enjoyed all the experiences, the game flowed well and had plenty of spots for long range and up close combat.
    Personally torn with this DLC. Lets start with the pros.
    Hangar 18: I enjoyed this map for the same reason. Have only played this on TDM and Dom but it gave a nice feel for both. This map reminds me of a larger summit. Has the bit arena area in the middle where the SR-71 is but has little paths around the center that leads to close combat skirmishes.

Now for the cons:
    Silo: This map is HUGE. The snipe spots are pretty mediocre that I have found and the map is filled with junk that makes medium range fights very limited. You will spend most of the round running around looking for people to kill.
    Hazard: I HATE this map. The spawn points are opposite of each other with only a small cliff blocking sight of the enemy. The start of the round feels like a old school showdown, first to pull the trigger gets first blood. The middle of the map is COMPLETELY open, you can literally see from on edge the other. There are two paths on the side. The flow is as follows : Team A go counter clockwise, B goes clockwise, the team using FAMAS win and you start over. You even step foot in the middle and the snipers will peg you. The flow is just broken and dumb.

As for the zombies map I've not played it, not a huge zombie person as for the MP maps I've played them all and there is limited success with it but not really sure its worth the $15 it costs.
  5. Jul 29, 2011
    Jeez... they aren't even trying more, are they? First Strike brought us a variety of new features. Escalation brought us some well-made (for once) multiplayer maps. Annihilation brings us... bigger maps. Even the Zombies map is lame. Like, lamer than Five. Treyarch, stop trying to rip people off and brings us quality maps. Like MW2 did...
  6. May 11, 2012
    This was a pretty solid map pack. The zombie map wasn't that great but it was a big and the achievements for it were enjoyable. Also, all of the multiplayer maps were solid as well, but none of them were amazing.

1. Games Master UK
    Sep 8, 2011
    Four quality new multiplayer maps and one for the zombies. [Oct 2011, p.85]
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    The Annihilation map pack for Black Ops has some enjoyable maps, like "Hazard", "Hangar 18" and the new zombie map "Shangri-La", but overall itʼs just another overpriced DLC.
  3. Jul 16, 2011
    Annihilation offers exactly the same as the last two map packs: great maps, but little innovation. Those who are just looking for some new terrain, will be pleased though. Those who look for a new experience, won't.