5.1

1. Jun 9, 2013
    This has to be the best Call of Duty DLC that I have ever played. It has great multiplayer maps with Hotel being by favorite but all are great. The zombie map "Call of the Dead" isn't the best zombies map, but has to be in the top 5. If you have Black Ops. there is no reason not to own this DLC.
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    Seriously, loved the maps- how can you give this a score lower than 8? 20$ well spent for me......especially looking back at my recent MW3 purchace & trade back. Glad I kept my Black ops!! Still good fun for my weekend lan parties if we get tired of BF3. Still an awesome game, Map pack made it better,......now for those cheesy ass killstreaks, G*dd*mn DOGS!
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    People need to learn to listen, and not be ranting idiots. So many people come here review Activision and Treyarch for some god foresaken reason rather then reviewing the pack itself. I personally believe it's a very good map pack. I didn't love stockpile, but otherwise awesome.
  4. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Treyarch delivers yet again another grade A map pack. The amount of time into detail this time around is superb! The first I had an opportunity to explore was Zoo, with a unique monorail system that runs through the top corner cutting through to the middle station. Zoo offers various pick off points for snipers offering a good mixture for any mid to long range weapons. After a decent round of team deathmatch I found myself emerged in Convoy. Unlike the other maps this one doesn't provide any unique feature besides a highway that runs straight down the middle with it's center structure demolished leading to a passage that allows a quick sprint from one end to the other. Now the highway itself also provides a breezeway & traffic sign posts again great for snipers to do work. If any of the maps provide multiple choke points, tight corners with some elevated spots along with working elevators. Hotel has you covered hands down. It was the only map on release day that I found everyone was pacing themselves. Any sudden runs can likely land you a deathstreak. Stockpile is one of the more fascinating broad maps Escalation has to offer. Regardless of which side you spawn from you'll quickly notice the main building straight ahead with fully functioning entrances you can shut down. When used properly it can change any matter of life and death & forces even the greatest players to change their strategy consistently. Closing the two doors doesn't mean you've fortified yourself from gunfire however. There are various ways to find your way around below & above, allowing great use for claymore surprises. Distance is definitely offered with Escalation. Each map being obese but nothing to complain about. I find myself using an Acog sight on my AUG doing exceptionally well. When you're not earning XP, Call of Dead is a unique experience in itself featuring Danny Trejo (From Dusk Till Dawn), Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Robert Englund (A Nightmare On Elm Street) & Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead). With the biggest bad ass himself George Romero (Night of The Living Dead). When playing online you're thrown right onto the map witnessing George rise from the icy waters stalking you about. Despite most rumors in order to get the achievement 'Quiet On The Set' you must successfully take out George. This can easily be done with the the new V-R11 which turns him into human but doing so will not unlock those gamerpoints. You're best way is to use the scavenger (new sniper rifle with explosive tips) which you gain randomly from the mystery box but can still be accomplished with any of the other weapons. The weaker the gun the more patience is recommended. The formula in essence is the same like any other zombie mode but the new weapon choices & nemesis are great additions. Expand
  5. May 12, 2011
    Escalation is a great experience. You have to hand it to Treyarch to actually listening to its customers and improving on an already robust map platform. People complain about the price, but to me this is more than just a map pack, it is better than some stand alone games because the experience is different than First Strike or the original map packs. It fits all players, campers,Escalation is a great experience. You have to hand it to Treyarch to actually listening to its customers and improving on an already robust map platform. People complain about the price, but to me this is more than just a map pack, it is better than some stand alone games because the experience is different than First Strike or the original map packs. It fits all players, campers, snipers, rushers, nube tubers, whatever is your flavor, you will find a home in Escalation. Great job Treyarch. Zoo, Hotel, Convoy, Stockpile are all winners and you can decide to play the edges of the map or the center. There is actually action on the edges unlike most maps where it is all concentrated in the center. Have fun! Expand
  6. May 9, 2011
    Best call of duty map pack by far i like first strike but the multiplayer maps felt like they were missing something... with this map pack i can go 20-0 no problem just running around the map they feel more safer as in you will never loose a killstreak and the zombie map is this best
  7. May 8, 2011
    I find it amusing that the scores of zero seem to be just a personal gripe, with no constructive criticism regarding the game at all, pretty poor reviewing i must say.
    Anyway moving on, i did pay for this one and found a lot of variety with a lot more to them but the new zombie map we love it with regular online and system link sessions happening , maybe some should get some friends !!
  8. May 6, 2011
    Better than the first map pack release. Good balance and variety in maps. If you like to snipe, there are snipe points, if you like to run and gun, you can. Worth it.

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Compared to some of the other DLC's for the Call of Duty series, I think Call of the Dead is far my favourite because of the intricacies of the map that pay homage to all things Romero. With new weapons, enemies and some great team action to be found, Call of the dead is a must have download from XBox Live and really goes above and beyond the current DLC maps.
    Escalation is a good additional content and is not exactly cheap, 1200 AM (15 €), but it has its quality.
  3. May 25, 2011
    Everyone that is still playing Black Ops should consider buying this new map pack. The four new multiplayer maps are a lot of fun and the new zombie map is a refreshing bonus.