6.4

1. Feb 5, 2011
    First Strike contains some of the best maps that Black Ops has to offer. Some of the map-specific obstacles like the auto turrets on Berlin Wall and the zipline on Kowloon might seem gimmicky at first, but their inclusion adds variety and challenge, and I never really found myself frustrated with them. On the other hand the only map I didn't really like was Stadium, which doesn't work veryFirst Strike contains some of the best maps that Black Ops has to offer. Some of the map-specific obstacles like the auto turrets on Berlin Wall and the zipline on Kowloon might seem gimmicky at first, but their inclusion adds variety and challenge, and I never really found myself frustrated with them. On the other hand the only map I didn't really like was Stadium, which doesn't work very well for Team Deathmatch or Free-for-All. However I'm sure it would work better for objective modes (which I have yet to play on it.) Ascension is more of the zombie-killing fun we're all familiar with at this point, which is always good. Plus, there were monkeys! How can you possibly lose with that? Overall, First Strike is a solid but pricey download that is definitely worth your time if you have a lot of friends that play Black Ops. Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2011
    The First Strike Map Pack is a must have for any frequent player of Call of Duty Black Ops. Treyarch did a great job of positioning the Domination Points and Demolition Points on the new maps as well. I find Domination to be best on Kowloon and Berlin Wall, Demolition to be best on Kowloon and Discovery. The Stadium Map gives you a little taste of Nuketown and is the place to go if youThe First Strike Map Pack is a must have for any frequent player of Call of Duty Black Ops. Treyarch did a great job of positioning the Domination Points and Demolition Points on the new maps as well. I find Domination to be best on Kowloon and Berlin Wall, Demolition to be best on Kowloon and Discovery. The Stadium Map gives you a little taste of Nuketown and is the place to go if you want to generate a lot of kills. If you are a Zombies player, you surely will not be unhappy with the new map there, and the soundtrack on the higher levels of play is awesome for sure. Is it expensive, maybe, is it worth it, for sure! Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2011
    If you were happy with any previous Call of Duty add ons and are a constant player of Black Ops, this is definitely worth a purchase. Although the multiplayer maps aren't anything amazing, they are a good addition to the current roster and stand strong beside the other maps. The zombie map Ascension is great fun with new perks, enemies, and grenades although it could use a bit moreIf you were happy with any previous Call of Duty add ons and are a constant player of Black Ops, this is definitely worth a purchase. Although the multiplayer maps aren't anything amazing, they are a good addition to the current roster and stand strong beside the other maps. The zombie map Ascension is great fun with new perks, enemies, and grenades although it could use a bit more originality as it's design seems to be a bit too similar to the Der Reise map in World at War. Expand
  4. Feb 6, 2011
    One of the best map packs out. 4 great new MP maps and an amazing zombies map. each one of the new maps is different then any other map out right now. the zombies map is bigger and better then anyother zombies map. with new perks,new weapons and a new enemy this map has lots to do.
  5. Feb 9, 2011
    Definitely worth it. the maps are more interactive now a lot more fun. although i would have like to seen more nightime or city maps because there already too many snow maps. even though i dont play much zombies the new map relly got me into it. Once again get this DLC especially if you are tired of always playing firing range.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    I bought this for the zombie map. It is awesome and my favorite zombie map so far. The multiplayer maps are great but overpriced as usual. If you love zombies get it, if not depends on how much you play multiplayer.
  7. DME
    Mar 21, 2011
    The maps are cool new additions but the fact that both Berlin Wall and Discovery are both snow-levels kind of annoys me. Because if you add Array and Summit... that's FOUR snow-levels in Black Ops. But looking past the scenery, I LOVE Berlin Wall and Kowloon (those are my favorites) Stadium is fun but very grenade-friendly and Discovery is a decent map for any non-deathmatch game. $15The maps are cool new additions but the fact that both Berlin Wall and Discovery are both snow-levels kind of annoys me. Because if you add Array and Summit... that's FOUR snow-levels in Black Ops. But looking past the scenery, I LOVE Berlin Wall and Kowloon (those are my favorites) Stadium is fun but very grenade-friendly and Discovery is a decent map for any non-deathmatch game. $15 is overpriced for the four maps... luckily for Treyarch, Ascension saves the day. Ascension is a wicked zombie map with new weapons and a more futuristic setting. Love it. So, if you are a Black Ops fan, then please download it. Otherwise you can avoid. Expand
  8. Mar 8, 2011
    Very enjoyable, worth it or all COD fans of all degrees especially the new Zombies map, seriously you cant go wrong with zombie monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Mar 14, 2011
    The First Strike map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops is priced at a steep 1500 Microsoft points. This is a heavy price to pay for 5 new maps. To begin, while it may seem obvious, do not buy this map pack unless you play Black Ops a fair amount. With that out of the way, I will begin to review the content. First are two maps that can be categorized together. Both Discovery and Berlin WallThe First Strike map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops is priced at a steep 1500 Microsoft points. This is a heavy price to pay for 5 new maps. To begin, while it may seem obvious, do not buy this map pack unless you play Black Ops a fair amount. With that out of the way, I will begin to review the content. First are two maps that can be categorized together. Both Discovery and Berlin Wall share similarities to maps such as Invasion in MW2. Both maps have buildings with some kind of low ground in the middle. Discovery, for example, as two sets of buildings on either side of a large chasm, with 3 bridges crossing it. Needless to say, it is very dangerous to cross from one side to the other on Discovery, one thing its shares with Berlin Wall, which promotes over defensive play. On the other hand, there is Stadium. Stadium suffers somewhat of the opposite problem. Stadium is a close-quarters maps with ill-positioned objectives and next to no long distance fighting. These two extremes do not appeal to me in a map. Finally, there is Hanoi. Hanoi is the one multiplayer map in the First Strike Map Pack that i really enjoy. Hanoi is probably the most complicated map that Call of Duty fan's have seen yet. Every spot on the map, save a few, have multiple access points, which leads to dynamic gameplay. This brings us to the meat of First Strike, the one thing that carries the package and makes it almost worth the price. What I talk of, of course, is Ascension. The Zombie map Ascension is the perfect blend of old and new, of close spaces but a large map. Ascension is by far my favorite Zombie map (introducing an entirely new way to access the pack-a-punch, in addition to the very fun Black Hole Bomb) in any CoD game, and this map alone I would pay 1500 Microsoft points for. However, ultimately if you do not enjoy zombies this Map Pack is a severe waste of money. Sadly, the multiplayer maps were hugely disappointing and, alone, do not deserve such a steep price tag. Expand
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    Totally agree with DeVr33z, Honestly I would rather get a map pack to a game I love than a "Map pack" game like MW3, I already have MW2! This added most of my favorite maps and I can't say enough about this game other than the overly powerful lame killstreaks this game is one of my all time favorites. Blackops and BF3.....my favs-- give Forza 4 a look too, awesome game!!!

1. Feb 16, 2011
    If you are a Black Ops nut, then I'm sure you will get your money's worth. If you are the sort of person who just dips in and out of Black Ops, you might be better served by waiting for the pack to go on sale in a few months time.
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    First Strike is a nice map pack with a lot of variety. Treyarch did a great job with the level design, offering different settings with this valuable downloadable content. Anyway, 1200 MP are too much for a single map pack.
  3. Feb 10, 2011
    The new maps are definitely good maps, especially the vertically crooked Kowloon, the vast Discovery, and the B-movie style Ascension, but the promised enhanced interaction with the environment is not so deep and complex as previously shown.