6.3

1. Jul 3, 2011
    In my opinion, this map pack is to overpriced to get. I made the mistake of buying it, because you don't get enough content. The four multiplayer maps are good in my opinion, but, the zombie map is terrible. If you are not a die hard call of duty fan, don't get this map pack.
  2. Jul 17, 2011
    I give these maps a better score than Black Ops by itself. However, I think these maps should've been included with the game. I'm not likely to buy "Escalation" though as I've been warned by so many bad reviews and i think at this point, COD BO fatigue is setting in. For me, COD is always about Modern Warfare --so until MW3 comes out, I'm saving my money.
  3. Jul 29, 2011
    Ascension and Discovery were great but the others... not so much. All though I am not a big fan of the other three maps, they are interesting. Kowloon brings zip line warfare. Berlin Wall brings you No-Man's Land. Discovery brings you destroyable bridges.Stadium brings you a normal map, so that classic could possibly remain fun. Ascension brings you a whole bunch of new crap, being aAscension and Discovery were great but the others... not so much. All though I am not a big fan of the other three maps, they are interesting. Kowloon brings zip line warfare. Berlin Wall brings you No-Man's Land. Discovery brings you destroyable bridges.Stadium brings you a normal map, so that classic could possibly remain fun. Ascension brings you a whole bunch of new crap, being a zombie map. This one is probably even with Escalation and kicked Annihilation's butt. Expand
  4. Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks for the new maps Treyarch!

I always seem to enjoy map packs, and once you get used to the new maps in this First Strike pack, it will be like they were always part of the game. You get 4 new multiplayer maps and a new Zombies map, each one with it's own feel and differences. My personal favourite being Kowloon, where there are so many different paths to take vs. any of the other
    Thanks for the new maps Treyarch!

You get 4 new multiplayer maps and a new Zombies map, each one with it's own feel and differences. My personal favourite being Kowloon, where there are so many different paths to take vs. any of the other make in this game. This may take a little while to learn your way around, but once you figure out all the nooks and crannies in the map it becomes a map on which some great strategic battles take place!

If you love Black Ops, you will love these maps. The reason I give this a 7 vs. a 9 or 10, is simply because I am making a stand against DLC maps- I mean why can't this be part of a full release on launch day? It is almost like we are drip fed content, and charged an absolute premium for it by developers these days.

Either way, if you are into DLC, and you are into Black Ops- these maps are a must!
  5. Mar 5, 2011
    £11 is a big price for DLC. I can't stress this enough, if you play CoD a lot (and I mean, an awful lot) then you may forget about the ridiculous price. If you don't play it as much (like me), then it is a definite pass. You can spend £11 on a lot better stuff than this. As for the maps themselves, they are fun, albeit nothing new. Ascension, the zombies map is£11 is a big price for DLC. I can't stress this enough, if you play CoD a lot (and I mean, an awful lot) then you may forget about the ridiculous price. If you don't play it as much (like me), then it is a definite pass. You can spend £11 on a lot better stuff than this. As for the maps themselves, they are fun, albeit nothing new. Ascension, the zombies map is pretty fun, but it doesn't do much new to merit that cursed price tag.

To conclude, if you really, desperately want it, go ahead. But beware, you will probably regret it. Remember back when map packs used to be £7.99? That is how much "First Strike" should be.
  6. Jun 25, 2011
    Plain and simple, the zombies map was great and the MP maps were not. I bought this map pack because I was looking for a new zombies map to play. I mean, the MP maps for Black Ops were already decent, and they didn't NEED to have new ones. Ascension was a lot of fun for a while. It provided a whole new type of zombies adventure. The map was exciting, and thrilling. The color change was anPlain and simple, the zombies map was great and the MP maps were not. I bought this map pack because I was looking for a new zombies map to play. I mean, the MP maps for Black Ops were already decent, and they didn't NEED to have new ones. Ascension was a lot of fun for a while. It provided a whole new type of zombies adventure. The map was exciting, and thrilling. The color change was an interesting idea that was creative, pointless, and harmless. I consider Ascension a success because people didn't hate it, and it was a hue risk because of the random things the threw into this map. The MP maps, however, were a failure. Kowloon is boring, simple, and just like any other map that people will try and vote off. The zip line did not change the environment of the map, which was said to be deal of the map. It was supposed to offer an entirely new environment because of the zip lines and quick movement. That, however, did not happen. Berlin wall is interesting because of the constant turrets that restricted your movement. They are unique, and useful for the enemies. However, I think most people hated them more than they admired them. They constantly fired at you. Basically, they could have just taken out the entire middle section of the map, because out of all the areas on any MP map, that single area in the middle of the map, is probably the least used. Stadium is probably my favorite out of all of the maps. It is a close quarters map, that somehow includes great hiding spots and useful strategies. Although it is probably not one of the best maps in Black Ops, it is still a great map that is, for lack of a better word, fun. It is not unique, but rather a success at being a typical and common map. Discovery, is a decent map that was not meant to be a success. It is probably the least played, and the map that everyone won't remember. It is not, particularly, a good map, but rather a map that players won't vote off, but won't vote for. First strike is a great ZOMBIES map pack, but if you like MP, do not get it. I would recommend Escalation for MP, but not for zombies. Expand
  7. Apr 21, 2011
    First of all i want to say my review would be 10 out of 10 if just on the zombies map ascension but the multiplayer maps just really are not what i expect from tryarch. the zombies map is original and is as good as the original kino der toten. Even though it is quite complicated and hard to get used to the gameplay is very fun when its gotten well known. the multiplayer maps are allFirst of all i want to say my review would be 10 out of 10 if just on the zombies map ascension but the multiplayer maps just really are not what i expect from tryarch. the zombies map is original and is as good as the original kino der toten. Even though it is quite complicated and hard to get used to the gameplay is very fun when its gotten well known. the multiplayer maps are all horrible to play as are all very easily camped in. if this is how you play black ops you may love these maps but in my opinion kowloon is absolutely horrible and a campers paradise. stadium is almost like this but good games can be obtained on this map. discovery is good for long range battles with short range battles down the flanks it also includes small destroyable bridges to cut off entrances to key points but i always dislike snowy maps on cod games. berlin wall (my personal favourite) is quite good especially for objective game modes, it has a out of bounds mid map where a turret shoots at you if you enter but it is possible to get through these which can be used to surprise the enemy team. In my opinion if you play zombies its a definite buy but if you play online only wait for the next map pack as they might be better.
    I hope this review helps.
  8. Apr 12, 2011
    The map pack was okay. Zombies map Ascension proved to be quite fun but not the multiplayer maps. Even though they added some interactive maps, it still didn't prove useful. Not a lot of people used the zipline in Kowloon, the no-man zone in Berlin Wall as people didn't throw smoke grenades, and Stadium has nothing except that big hockey stadium which was just in the way. The only map wasThe map pack was okay. Zombies map Ascension proved to be quite fun but not the multiplayer maps. Even though they added some interactive maps, it still didn't prove useful. Not a lot of people used the zipline in Kowloon, the no-man zone in Berlin Wall as people didn't throw smoke grenades, and Stadium has nothing except that big hockey stadium which was just in the way. The only map was Discovery because of the destroyable ice. That really helped. If you just want a fun zombies game with simple multiplayer maps, get this. Expand

1. Feb 16, 2011
    If you are a Black Ops nut, then I'm sure you will get your money's worth. If you are the sort of person who just dips in and out of Black Ops, you might be better served by waiting for the pack to go on sale in a few months time.
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    First Strike is a nice map pack with a lot of variety. Treyarch did a great job with the level design, offering different settings with this valuable downloadable content. Anyway, 1200 MP are too much for a single map pack.
  3. Feb 10, 2011
    The new maps are definitely good maps, especially the vertically crooked Kowloon, the vast Discovery, and the B-movie style Ascension, but the promised enhanced interaction with the environment is not so deep and complex as previously shown.