5.8

1. Aug 28, 2013
    I feel like I should even up the score a little bit.. Apocalypse is probably the best DLC that came out for Black Ops 2,

With this map pack we got two new fresh faces and two not-so-fresh faces who got an uplift. Let's begin: Pod: This map takes place in the wonderful Utopia Treyarch has taken the time to create for us, to me personally this map offers some neat sightlines and

Pod: This map takes place in the wonderful Utopia Treyarch has taken the time to create for us, to me personally this map offers some neat sightlines and personally as a sniping player, I have a killer time. Be careful though, not all the buildings are accessable and it's quite easy to be killed and wonder "Where did that come from?"

Dig: Courtyard with a facelift, any World of War veterans will have a grand old time on this map due to its familliar routes and flanks, however it does look proportionally better and will offer a neat setting to newcomers to the series.

Frost: This map is the one that interested me the most, frozen Amsterdam was always the one that I was excited for, however, there are a complete lack of sightlines for Snipers and CQB gets real tense, especially across the frozenr river.

Takeoff: It's Stadium from Black Ops.... I don't even think I need to comment...

Finally,

Origins: This is probably the best Zombies map Treyarch have ever released, the characters from previous games are back and it is a much welcome sight, they do tell a lot more of the story and are extremely vocal. The new weapons are gorgeous and the easter egg is phenominal, the giant Mechs and the Tank add interesting aspects to this map and I think any veteran of Zombies is going to appreciate this sendoff for Black Ops 2

Overall, 8/10 but it gets a ten from me due to some ridiculous reviews.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    A very good final piece of DLC content for BO2. The four multiplayer maps are great, each with their own unique setting and twist as you play them. They actually keep variety of play up as your playing style is usually required to change. The zombies map 'Origin' is amazing very difficult, unique and by far the best one Treyarch have produced yet. Definitely worth buying.
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    As the final DLC, Apocalypse does a decent job of bringing us more content that adds to the fun with a reasonable price. The most interesting of this pack is probably 'Origins', the new zombie story and mode, featuring characters many years ago.
    The two remade maps were definitely better than the first versions of them, but the idea was slightly unoriginal. Still, this is not to say that the overall quality of the four maps were quite decent.
    Overall, Treyarch brings us a good, but not outstanding experience.

1. Games Master UK
    Oct 19, 2013
    Origins, a zombie-epic with giant robots, rivals TranZit for thrills. [Dec 2013, p.63]
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Ultimately, the big contrast in excitement between Origin’s overt craziness and the more ho-hum moments that frequently pop-up throughout the four new multiplayer maps makes Apocalypse an uneven experience.
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    Pod is an awful map, but the rest are very enjoyable. It does come off a bit cheap, with two of the maps being remakes of existing ones, but the Zombie-mode is once again original and offers a new piece of game, and the quality the series is known for.