4.8

1. Apr 21, 2013
    Uprising offers four new maps for multiplayer and the Alcatraz-themed zombies mode. I don't spend a lot of time playing zombies (even though it is quite the challenge and can be loads of fun), so I weight more of my score on the maps. None of the new maps are bad, which is nice, but I also don't feel like they are also amazing either. Studio is a rehash of the first Black Ops' FiringUprising offers four new maps for multiplayer and the Alcatraz-themed zombies mode. I don't spend a lot of time playing zombies (even though it is quite the challenge and can be loads of fun), so I weight more of my score on the maps. None of the new maps are bad, which is nice, but I also don't feel like they are also amazing either. Studio is a rehash of the first Black Ops' Firing Range, and serves as one of the more memorably experiences this time around. New maps are welcomed, if for no other reason than to mix things up a bit more as the original set of maps aren't all that great to begin with. If you're pouring time into BO2's multiplayer, this is a good buy. If you've cycled the game out already and were just wondering if this would bring you back for another go-round, I'd say you're better off putting your money elsewhere. Expand
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    I really like this DLC. Studio is just like Firing Range from Black Ops 1, except more colorful and it was easily enjoyed. Vertigo is hard, because you can easily fall off. Magma is also difficult due to the magma around the whole city, and if you step in it, you'll burn alive. Encore (I believe) is a very colorful map that is salon fun to shoot people in. Mob of the Dead is also fun! YouI really like this DLC. Studio is just like Firing Range from Black Ops 1, except more colorful and it was easily enjoyed. Vertigo is hard, because you can easily fall off. Magma is also difficult due to the magma around the whole city, and if you step in it, you'll burn alive. Encore (I believe) is a very colorful map that is salon fun to shoot people in. Mob of the Dead is also fun! You play as one of 4 mobsters in Alcatraz, and the setting is very dark and eerie. You also are able to go into the afterlife to turn on power and inaccessible areas where the main character cannot go. This map is the best Zombies map on Black Ops 2, and will definitely be a map I play a lot! Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    I love the DLC and would recommend it to anyone. The maps are fantastic and there are some great new elements they have added into game play. The only downside is the zombies which is awesome apart from having a long process to build the plane and get to the pack a punch. I also enjoy the new designs they put on the pack a punched guns
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    Due to some average multiplayer experiences, to the decent new zombies map, i would say this dlc came as a dissapointment for me. I would expect some more for a full-priced game dlc.
  5. Apr 23, 2013
    Glad to see that Treyarch is at least trying to keep CoD fresh. Treyarch has always made worthwhile, although a little overpriced DLC, but i always find it fun. And when in comes down to it, it doesnt matter what you think of CoD it just matters if your having fun.
  6. May 20, 2013
    Uprising (to me) is split up into two as all other DLCs are for Black Ops 1 & 2. The Multiplayer and Zombies. The main thing that i am just "meh" with is multiplayer. Its ok but nothing stunning to get people back into the game except for the map Studio because its a modified Firing Range. The other maps are ok but my least favorite would have to be Magma. That map just totally sucks in myUprising (to me) is split up into two as all other DLCs are for Black Ops 1 & 2. The Multiplayer and Zombies. The main thing that i am just "meh" with is multiplayer. Its ok but nothing stunning to get people back into the game except for the map Studio because its a modified Firing Range. The other maps are ok but my least favorite would have to be Magma. That map just totally sucks in my opinion. Anyways out of a 5, i would give it a 3.75. Now onto the new zombie map, Mob Of The Dead. An Alcatraz-Themed Map that has new characters and the best to come from Black Ops 2. I am a zombie fan like most people and I have been a bit disappointed with Black Ops 2 zombies. I LOVED Black Ops 1 Zombies though. Mob of The Dead has a unique and original idea to it. Afterlife. The Afterlife is such a good idea. You use it to power up doors, perks, unlock power-ups from jail cells, transportation, etc. Also, the parts to find. You can build the plane, shield and Acid Gat. They have a lot of goodies to find in this map so you are in for a treat. Lastly, Hells Retriever Tomahawk, Characters and New Stuff. The Tomahawk is amazing, you actually really like the characters and their personality and the Electric Cherry perk is wonderful (It protects you while you reload). I give this zombie map 4.25/5. A total score of 8/10 for Uprising.
    I would recommend buying this one for Studio and Mob Of The Dead. I think it's worth it only if you are dedicated to Zombies or a hardcore CoD fan. Other than that, try your luck on Mob of The Dead or just pass.
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II's Uprising brings less amount of content than the first map pack Revolution, but the multiplayer maps are a far more improvement over Revolution, and the new Zombies map adds some new features on the fun Alcatraz map. There a four new maps in the Uprising DLC: Magma, Vertigo, Studio, and Encore. These maps feel much better when played and more memorable and gaveCall of Duty: Black Ops II's Uprising brings less amount of content than the first map pack Revolution, but the multiplayer maps are a far more improvement over Revolution, and the new Zombies map adds some new features on the fun Alcatraz map. There a four new maps in the Uprising DLC: Magma, Vertigo, Studio, and Encore. These maps feel much better when played and more memorable and gave me that feeling of playing it again after playing it once unlike Revolution. Magma, is a map featuring an Japanese village full of lava, now this map was decent, just annoying with the magma everywhere able to kill someone almost instantly, and be careful where you move, as in my first game I had a lot of people who died from the magma. Encore, a concert stage had a well done design and made it a fun map. Firing Range fans can rejoice with the new map Studio, a remake of the Firing Range stage from Black Ops I only with the Hollywood set theme environment. While it was nice of Treyarch to do this, they should not get in the habit of lazily using old Black Ops I maps and slightly redesigning them and passing them of as new maps and charging us for them. Studio is a fine exception, but they should stop at that. The final multiplayer map, Vertigo, is a fancy map, probably modded from the Campaign level where the team goes to find Karma. Mob of the Dead, the new Zombies map, is an interesting map with new features such as the Afterlife, which is very handy. The Afterlife is used at the beginning of the game giving players to control a ghost like figure and able to attack Zombies without them attacking you, but of course, it does have a time limit. The fact that they chose Alcatraz for this map was excellent and that the new Easter Egg is escaping Alcatraz makes for quite an exciting story. Overall Black Ops II's Uprising is an improvement over Revolution, with better multiplayer maps and an exciting new Zombies map, it is a disappointment that they did not add a new Zombies game mode or at least expand the "Turned" game mode to maps other than the Diner. Expand
  8. May 30, 2013
    This DLC package is quite simply amazing and well worth the money!!!. The maps a great and the new implementation of a gun coming with DLC is a great feature. The zombies is amazing and would get a 10/10 for me.
  9. May 21, 2013
    This was an ok map pack. The really only good maps in this pack are Studio and Mob of the Dead. All the rest are just boring and repetitive. Mob of the Dead is an AWESOME expansion to COD: Zombies. The HUD has an all new design, new guns, new mystery box design, new zombies, new perks and new traps. Pretty much the best zombies map ever made. Studio is a fun and competitive map. It hasThis was an ok map pack. The really only good maps in this pack are Studio and Mob of the Dead. All the rest are just boring and repetitive. Mob of the Dead is an AWESOME expansion to COD: Zombies. The HUD has an all new design, new guns, new mystery box design, new zombies, new perks and new traps. Pretty much the best zombies map ever made. Studio is a fun and competitive map. It has good spots to hide and is a remake of Firing Range from the original BO. But other than those two maps its not that great of a map pack. I think they should just sell the maps seperately so that you can just buy the ones that look interesting to you. Expand
  10. May 19, 2013
    I don't really care much for the multiplayer maps, one of them is just a simple remake of a map from Black Ops 1, I am mostly impressed with the zombies map, Mob of the Dead, it is excellent! The design is awesome, the zombies are cooler looking, Easter Eggs are hidden everywhere, and also it is something you can finish, not just a survival map, but something with an actual goal toI don't really care much for the multiplayer maps, one of them is just a simple remake of a map from Black Ops 1, I am mostly impressed with the zombies map, Mob of the Dead, it is excellent! The design is awesome, the zombies are cooler looking, Easter Eggs are hidden everywhere, and also it is something you can finish, not just a survival map, but something with an actual goal to achieve. I am still having a ton of fun with my friends playing this map, we all love it the same. As for the multiplayer maps, well, not to impressed honestly, they are almost like any other map, but with a design to fit the theme. Trust me on zombies though, it is worth it. Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2013
    After Uprising, I had high hopes for Treyarch and their future DLC packs. With the release of their latest offering, Uprising, I can say that Treyarch is a company that really wants to make Call of Duty more than a yearly cash grab. Uprising features 4 new multiplayer maps which all have something interesting in them. My particular favorite is the re imagining of Firing Range dubbedAfter Uprising, I had high hopes for Treyarch and their future DLC packs. With the release of their latest offering, Uprising, I can say that Treyarch is a company that really wants to make Call of Duty more than a yearly cash grab. Uprising features 4 new multiplayer maps which all have something interesting in them. My particular favorite is the re imagining of Firing Range dubbed "Studio". The layouts of each of the maps is interesting and keeps the game moving quickly.

Where this map pack really shines is in its new zombies experience "Mob of the Dead". Starring Ray Liotta, Michael Madsen, Joe Pantoliano, and Chaz Palmentari, Mob of the Dead takes place in the infamous Alcatraz prison, effectively bringing zombies back to its horror roots. The map is very well designed, with a variety of interesting easter eggs to keep the game fresh. The map also features an ending, as opposed to every other zombies map that just keeps going until you die.

All in all, Uprising is a DLC that makes you feel like you got your money's worth, whereas with Modern Warfare 3, I felt pissed when the dlc felt underdeveloped and rushed. Only thing I found awkward about this DLC is the lack of a new multiplayer gun. Since Uprising came out, Treyarch has announced that Revolution is the only map pack that will feature gun dlc. Oh well. It was good while it lasted.
  12. GFC
    Apr 29, 2013
    For this review i will be rating the maps on their own and then come up with a final verdict.

Magma- A map with lava. That is pretty much it. I thought they could have done more with it. The trailer made it sound exciting but in the end I just found it to be very stale. 4/10 Encore- Man This was even MORE disappointing then magma. I like maps where you can climb stuff and get to

Encore- Man This was even MORE disappointing then magma. I like maps where you can climb stuff and get to certain areas sort of like nuketown. There were tons of objects I wished i could jump on to get to objectives faster but this map is just boring.. I know this is a low score but 2/10

Vertigo- Man I was not expecting this map to be so good. I love how you are able to find shortcuts through the maps and do certain things. This map is just really fun to play around in. I would say it was even better than grind! 9/10

I decided to not count studio since it it was already in a different call of duty game.

Mob of the Dead- When I heard about this zombies map I had low expectations. I mean how can any zombies map live up to die rise? When the map finally came out. I thought it was amazing. The afterlife concept is really cool. I love how you are the power source but at the same time you need to be careful with it because there is no quick revive. The new perk is a nice addition and I hope it comes back it future maps. Also the easter eggs are amazing. Also the new weapons they added are awesome. The uzi and Tommigun are good but its the box weapons you want. My new favorite box weapons are the Blundergat and Ak-47. Another great thing is the characters you play as. I feel like a mobster in a group of 4. The last thing I will talk about is the boss. He is terrifying! I was grabbing a part then all of the sudden he appears. And when you kill him you feel awesome. Mob of the dead gets a 10/10.

As a whole I give this map pack a 6 out of ten.
  13. May 6, 2013
    The zombie map makes the DLC worth it.

I would have only given it a 8 because I can't buy the zombie map separately, but gave a 10 to balance out all the idiot hipsters who blindly give 0's because it's fun to hate The Man.
  14. May 11, 2013
    This mappack has its highs and lows. One low is the high price for only one new map. So I wouldn't recommend getting this if youve already moved on to new games. Another is that in zombies there is not any super great places to run trains and the zombies die if you try to explore the map. The highs for zombies are awesome new traps, characters, guns (ak47, death machine,etc...), and anThis mappack has its highs and lows. One low is the high price for only one new map. So I wouldn't recommend getting this if youve already moved on to new games. Another is that in zombies there is not any super great places to run trains and the zombies die if you try to explore the map. The highs for zombies are awesome new traps, characters, guns (ak47, death machine,etc...), and an easier story that doesnt require too much skill and is acheivable. The acheivements arent a real grind which is also nice. For multiplayer, firing range is brought back which is another awesome small map. The other maps have hazards that are easily avoidable. Vertigo has lots of cover and ups and downs but is dissappointingly linear in some aspects. Magma has lava but past that feels like another map. Not a bad map, but not great. Stadium is fun in game modes with more players and the centre is the control point. However the map feels like it just has a lot of twists shoved into it that are rarely used. Fun maps all the same and a great aspect is that they all give you the ability to use any gun and do pretty well rather than catering to one group of weapons Expand
  15. May 17, 2013
    Garbage. I played the original Black ops practically religiously, I was so excited for this game, buuuut it sucks balls. You'd think they could afford to up the ante and put out some quality off all the millions they've raked in from all the kids, young adults, and parents, and grand parents. They are dicks. Will never buy another game from them.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    Call of Duty is a shooting game which I really like to play in my free time. This game is one of the popular game in the world because it's a very interesting game to play and it actually looks real. The things I like about this game is when I have to use my brain to do something in the game e.g when I have to find a key to open a door in the game, I have to search everywhere to find thatCall of Duty is a shooting game which I really like to play in my free time. This game is one of the popular game in the world because it's a very interesting game to play and it actually looks real. The things I like about this game is when I have to use my brain to do something in the game e.g when I have to find a key to open a door in the game, I have to search everywhere to find that key so I can continue playing my game. The thing I dont like about this game is two players cant play with eachother at the same time, its like if you want two players to play at the same time they have to shoot each other which is i dont like. Expand
  17. May 9, 2013
    The maps are excellent and the new zombie mode is interesting, but as of now this DLC should have been released with the first one. Not nearly enough content.
  18. Jul 31, 2013
    Mob of the Dead was pretty fun and unique! Although I did think that it would be much bigger. Magma was fantastic and my favorite. The remake of Firing Range, Studio was excellent as well. Encore was alright and Vertigo sucked.
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    Uprising is a so-so DLC from Treyarch. The multiplayer maps are feeling very played out now, which I forgave Revolution for, but now it's a tad of an annoyance. Still, nonetheless, amusing. The latest zombies map "Mob of the Dead" is a lukewarm zombies experience, the fun factor is quite high at times, and the Alcatraz theme is excellent, but the long and tiresome setups is a completeUprising is a so-so DLC from Treyarch. The multiplayer maps are feeling very played out now, which I forgave Revolution for, but now it's a tad of an annoyance. Still, nonetheless, amusing. The latest zombies map "Mob of the Dead" is a lukewarm zombies experience, the fun factor is quite high at times, and the Alcatraz theme is excellent, but the long and tiresome setups is a complete drag, resulting in an even more boring solo experience. The DLC's best cut is the Zombies greif map "Cell Block," filled with hilarious tricks to pull on the dreaded enemy team and a triumphant return of the perk-a-cola "PhD Flopper". Overall, Uprising is not a bad DLC, but it's slightly dissapointing. Expand
  20. Apr 29, 2014
    Call of Duty's content packs are never worth the amount they are. For me, maps are not enough and while the new Zombies map is interesting, it fails to significantly impress even with the all star cast.
  21. Aug 14, 2013
    This map pack is pretty good in my opinion. A re-imagined Firing Range in the form of Studio is definitely the standout of this map pack. Verigo, Encore and Magma are pretty decent as well. But no doubt the real reason people like this is Mob of the Dead, with a few interesting twists to the Zombies gameplay. While I don't like this map pack as much as Revolution (Lack of a new multiplayerThis map pack is pretty good in my opinion. A re-imagined Firing Range in the form of Studio is definitely the standout of this map pack. Verigo, Encore and Magma are pretty decent as well. But no doubt the real reason people like this is Mob of the Dead, with a few interesting twists to the Zombies gameplay. While I don't like this map pack as much as Revolution (Lack of a new multiplayer weapon, perhaps?), it's still a pretty good map pack to get. Come for the multiplayer, stay for the Zombies. Expand
  22. Apr 18, 2013
    Never have i seen a worse DLC then this. Here it is in a nutshell. The multiplayer maps are A** but i expected this. Mob of the Dead on the other hand is a good map with many cool ideas but there is one flaw that made is almost as bad as Shangri-La. YOU CANT EXPLORE. My friend and I tried multiple times yo leave a zombie and it would always die. we tried 3 straight times with about 5 timesNever have i seen a worse DLC then this. Here it is in a nutshell. The multiplayer maps are A** but i expected this. Mob of the Dead on the other hand is a good map with many cool ideas but there is one flaw that made is almost as bad as Shangri-La. YOU CANT EXPLORE. My friend and I tried multiple times yo leave a zombie and it would always die. we tried 3 straight times with about 5 times each. Treyarch better be glad i paid for the season pass. Expand
  23. Apr 25, 2013
    Black ops 2 revolution: 4 multiplayer maps( i think) and one zombie map:

i never actually liked the multiplayer that much, and i dident fell that rush of good maps, that i got when i bought Cod waw maps or bf3 maps, and i think its quite a rip off to take a map from the original black ops and call it a ''new'' map, the only reason i bought the map pack was for the zombie mode. i played
    Black ops 2 revolution: 4 multiplayer maps( i think) and one zombie map:

i played the zombie map( mob of the dead) 10 times now and its quite boring for me now, i build the plane on day one, got the easter egg( normally hard too find and do), and got 70% of the achivements. and in my opinion where have we seen a prison with zombies on it, ohh yeah the walking dead, its like treyarch have runned out of ideas,

its not worth it for 1200 microsoft points
  24. Jun 20, 2013
    So first off, this DLC is mediocre in every sense of the word. Out of four multiplayer maps only ONE (Encore) doesn't SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Magma doesn't do what the developers said it would do (lava moving around the map). Studio may look good, but I personally hate it because of it's extreme amount of narrow corridors and camping spots. Especially now that everybody uses the AN-94So first off, this DLC is mediocre in every sense of the word. Out of four multiplayer maps only ONE (Encore) doesn't SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Magma doesn't do what the developers said it would do (lava moving around the map). Studio may look good, but I personally hate it because of it's extreme amount of narrow corridors and camping spots. Especially now that everybody uses the AN-94 (often with a target finder) which is almost invincible at close range (unless you have a shotgun or a KAP-40), mid range (unless the player is absolutely incompetent) and at long range (rivaled by very few weapons). Now to the zombie map. Alcatraz is in no way connected to the main story (of the group of four). The idea is absolutely great nonetheless. The map is very scary and interesting. The prison is like a maze (I personally dislike that, because I am absolutely incapable of orientating myself). Generally I don't like the map too much, mostly for it's afterlife feature which allows you to walk through some walls, teleport zombies and so on. This map pack is ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH 1200 MP when there are full games like CoJ: Gunslinger or Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon out there, which offer much more content. Some DLCs even for 800 MP offer more content and value. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF CRAP. The only thing the DLC does well is disrupt the already crippled lobby system in multiplayer making it even more nerve-wrecking to join multiplayer matches. Expand
  25. Jun 1, 2013
    If you are looking for a shooting game, the call of duty series is not what you want. Buying the game will enter you into a (generally) terrible community, that refuses to play any likewise game unless it adheres strictly to call of duty's style. Buying the game will shorten your attention span, make you addicted to gore, and cause you to give up playing any other game. By the time you buyIf you are looking for a shooting game, the call of duty series is not what you want. Buying the game will enter you into a (generally) terrible community, that refuses to play any likewise game unless it adheres strictly to call of duty's style. Buying the game will shorten your attention span, make you addicted to gore, and cause you to give up playing any other game. By the time you buy your first call of duty game, the next one will come out at double the price. The only difference between these updates is more weapons, even higher resolution graphics (and therefore worse performance), and even gameplay. The game, as I see it, is not a shooter, but a contest (LETS SEE WHO CAN GET THE MOST GORE ON THEIR SCREEN, TEABAG AND MUTILATE THE MOST BODIES, KILL THE MOST UNARMED CIVILIANS, MAKE THE MOST GRAMMATICAL AND SPELLING ERRORS, AND SWEAR THE MOST!!!!!!111). Now that you've heard my review, go make your own decision. If you want to deal with the ten year olds who yell over the chat at the slightest imperfection of their teammates, the swearing and primitive trances of rage and vengeance, the brute, murderous, and senseless air of the game itself, and the community that is repulsive to outsiders and anything that doesn't involve guns, play this game. Expand
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    The only thing that saves this map pack is studio and mob of the dead. magma is one of the worst maps I've ever played, and vertigo is better than magma but still bad. studio, a re-skin of firing range was lazy but at least we have a good map in bo2 for once. although the map is worse than the original firing range, because they took out a lot of cool sight lines, and the hollywoodThe only thing that saves this map pack is studio and mob of the dead. magma is one of the worst maps I've ever played, and vertigo is better than magma but still bad. studio, a re-skin of firing range was lazy but at least we have a good map in bo2 for once. although the map is worse than the original firing range, because they took out a lot of cool sight lines, and the hollywood props are just silly and make the map weird. grind is overall a bad map but better than a lot of the other bo2 maps. mob of the dead is awesome though, and saves this map pack. (sort of) The ideas were awesome, the themes behind it were cool, the additions kept zombies fresh, the characters are interesting, and the map is big but small like the original bo1/waw zombies maps. get this DLC if you had the original black ops, but if not, you might not want to. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty is so far assumed by many as "Americas best selling game". And it is! But what kind of dirty secret is hiding behind this globalizing and industrious team? Let's find out! Many people talk about Call of Duty from school or from your neighborhood as "cool" or "fun". But based on what many others say, Call of Duty is not the type of First Person Shooter for those who like realistic and engaging combat experiences. The community from my perspective is full of bad influences, and there is a possibility of children under the age of 10, learning that killing people is a "game". Some children end up shooting their parents because they get too hooked on the game, along with the violence and gore. However, if you like to just run and gun, this game is perfect for you! Call of Duty is based on CQB on many occasions, and the controls are very easy to adapt with. But be warned, the Call of Duty team as been slacking on their game development. I for instance don't like to hear people trash talk and about all this "360 no scope MLG". Honestly, if you took an American veteran and put him in front of this game for 5 minutes, I think he would get up and walk away. This game is very unrealistic due to physics (bullets) and Frame Rate. There are cheaters out there too. Call of Duty is notorious for its cheaters and hackers, since it is the most popular gaming title. But overall, this is a good game if you want to pull off some real non realistic bull. Modern Warfare 2 is my personal favorite, and was very shocking. It's what got me hooked onto the series, until Black Ops 2. Play the older Call of Duty games if you want better Call of Duty. I recommend the Battlefield series, but only up to the third series. Why? You'll have to research that on your own! My final words for this game is Thank you and have a good day. Expand
  28. Oct 21, 2014
    I really enjoyed playing those new maps and stuff. The only maps that were lazy designed is vertigo. Vertigo really did not impress me because it was poorly focused on and designed. The detail however is extremely good.

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Treyarch continues building on it's DLC-train with Uprising. With four new Multiplayer map and a solid new Zombies map you can, again, have hours of fun. With Mob of the Dead, the developer let's see that it still has got a lot of exciting and original ideas for the franchise. Once again, Treyarch shows that it's the king of DLC-making.
  2. May 30, 2013
    The highlight of which is the excellent and star-studded Mob Of The Dead zombie map. [July 2013, p.75]
    A gimmicky but fun mix of fan service. [June 2013, p.103]