4.7

1. Nov 14, 2012
    As a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's justAs a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's just boring. This was the only reason I could get my girlfriend to play the game, and its completely broken. All of the maps follow the same cookie cutter form of each other. There's always 3 routes - left, right, middle. And they are made to be chaotic instead of strategic. Sniper rifles are almost useless for sniping. I really wish I had played the game more before I redeemed my 4000 points for a season pass.

I've never bothered to create an account on MetaCritic, but after a few days of playing this game, I needed to express my disappointment. If this is your first COD game, go ahead and buy it. But if this isn't, and you haven't bought it yet, pass. It just feels like a half completed game.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't want to give this game a four, but words cannot describe how depressed it made me feel. I guess the campaign was alright, but it's time for a change, CoD. Especially when it comes to multiplayer, something Halo 4 actually managed to pull off.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty... what can be said? they have stretched the FPS Genre to its limits first they burned out the WWII era now the modern and slightly beyond era have gone down in boring flames.
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. TheyI'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. They wanted to get rid of campers by splitting up the original ghost perk into 3 separate perks, but people still are gonna camp. Now te campers are just going to know exactly when your coming in so there going to be ready. How does this make any sense to anybody? The way the game plays right now is pretty much a giant split screen and everyone is screen looking because UAVs are being used so much that people are constantly on the radar, so people are always going to know if your coming around the corner. I've always played a run-n-gun stealth class in every recent cod game, now I can't do that because there really is no more stealth class. So now I'm force to play a horrible play style of running around like a idiot and just spraying at people hoping I my connection is better so I get the kill. Sounds like fun right?!? Thank you Treyarch for having me waste my money on your horrible game, and thank you because I'll never be buying another COD game ever... Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    I like the game, but it is really showing its age. It would have been really cool to have all these new features with a new game engine, one that really pushes the hardware to the max. After Battlefield 3 and Halo 4, its really hard to go back and play a game like this. Just cause I'm playing the game a lot right now doesn't mean its the greatest thing ever. Activision needs to stopI like the game, but it is really showing its age. It would have been really cool to have all these new features with a new game engine, one that really pushes the hardware to the max. After Battlefield 3 and Halo 4, its really hard to go back and play a game like this. Just cause I'm playing the game a lot right now doesn't mean its the greatest thing ever. Activision needs to stop looking at numbers and sales and realize that this is not the best effort they could make. Expand
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    Meh... I wasn't impressed. It's the same, frustrating, yearly COD game that you all know and have played in the past. There's not much else to say really.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    The most boring piece of **** that I've ever played. I've only played it for a few hours and I already want my money back. It's just the same crap every year.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    I rented this game with a hope that It would breath some life back in to COD. Nope, same old rehashed crap, I am soooo glad I didn't buy It. The audio Is just horrible( and I though MW3 was bad). The graphics havn't changed from MW2. The campaign was not half bad, but not half good either. Multiplayer is the same multiplayer since MW2 with one or two new features that really don't changeI rented this game with a hope that It would breath some life back in to COD. Nope, same old rehashed crap, I am soooo glad I didn't buy It. The audio Is just horrible( and I though MW3 was bad). The graphics havn't changed from MW2. The campaign was not half bad, but not half good either. Multiplayer is the same multiplayer since MW2 with one or two new features that really don't change much. About the only real improvments seem to be that multiplayer seems quite a bit less buggy the MW3 and zombie mode Is far better then before but those 2 things alone are not nearly worth the $60. I will not buy another COD game untill I truly seem some changes. perhaps those changes may come in the next console generation, but I hold no hope of seeing any real change till then. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Really wanted to like this game, but the core gameplay really lacks. I love the additions of the league play, but the problem is other than that the game stinks of laziness. Feels like MW3 not Black ops. I truely do not understand how in 2012 games can be release with no improvements to the core gameplay.
    Why not add dedicated servers like BF3? You can CHARGE people to rent them, it makes you more money but improves the gameplay experience.
    I loved COD but it is starting to show its age...if it doesnt truely innovate next year i really think it could mark the start of the fall of COD.

Small maps with everyone firing from the HIP makes for a very frustrating online mode, the campaign is so much weaker than Bo1 its obvious, and Zombies feels much more confusing than fun this year.
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Look, i'm not a troll, this game is simply, bad, there is no getting around to that, smallest maps in video games history, weapons have no recoil at all, every map is camper-friendly, the campaign is 4 hours long, zombie mode is worse than it was in the first one, there is nothing good about this one, stop lying to yourselft and wake up, i was a fan but MW3 & BO2 ruined this series for me,Look, i'm not a troll, this game is simply, bad, there is no getting around to that, smallest maps in video games history, weapons have no recoil at all, every map is camper-friendly, the campaign is 4 hours long, zombie mode is worse than it was in the first one, there is nothing good about this one, stop lying to yourselft and wake up, i was a fan but MW3 & BO2 ruined this series for me, stop playing this crap and go buy a real game. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game as any other Call of Duty after COD 4, adds absolutely nothing new. Campaign fells like a boring B-movie. What a huge disappointment and a waste of money.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    $1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in$1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in the on-coming games. Multiplayer will always be the same and I think that they took some features from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier such as some of the scopes.

Campaign and Multiplayer receive a 0.1, and the addictive Zombies gameplay brings it up to "3"
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    I said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like originalI said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like original Xbox. The grass doesn't move when touched causing really awkward moments when grass is coming out of your gun or through someone. The gameplay? It's.......CoD. The absolute LEAST tactical war game on the market. You can literally stand in one place and alternate triggers to kill everyone in the area via the aim snap. If you want some really intense gunplay (and a better story) check out Halo 4 or BF3. The multiplayer? Treyarch/Activision know that new guns/perks/maps =/= new features right? New features are things like the magnets in Halo 4's forge world, or (as far as Halo is concerned) having sprint be permanent. In BF3 (for Xbox) it's the advanced server browser. CoD does not add features. The last feature added was theater mode. The maps I played were boring. It seems that in the world of CoD, firefights only happen on two floors: there;s the ground or the one floor up from the ground, sometimes cleverly disguised as a hill. All of the games sounds still sound like toy guns. They have no oomph at all. The create a class perks and weapons hold nothing new. The emblem creator remains one of Treyarch's best features, and that's not even new. Every year that CoD comes out, I want to enjoy it, I want to see what those millions of players see, and every time I am heartily disappointed. People apparently just want to sprint across the battlefield and pull the trigger. No tactic, no plan, just twitch reflex. Do not mistake that for skill. Twitch/trigger and skill are very different. When characters die in 3 shots and all the maps are tiny, it's not hard to spray and pray. Deal with as many enemies on a much bigger map or when they have shields......then we'll see what's up. Anyway, I'm not here to call anyone stupid, because it's childish and pointless. I'm here to write my review of the game, and the game is poor. Poorly made, poorly written, poorly implemented. It simply saddens me that great games will receive little attention underneath the CoD giant. Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is good, nothing more. They changed the perks, the KillStriks but the game still the same. Didn't bring anything awesome to the franchise. I think one of the thing that has been holding the franchise is de strong name Call of Duty. It's time to change.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing to see here folks, just another overpriced Call of Duty DLC. Same engine, same graphics, same multiplayer, same guns, same generic story and gameplay from the last 4 games.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    These games keep getting worse and worse, this one has seemed to exceed the poor expectations set by MW3, I'm so happy I choose Gamefly this piece of crap instead of buying it. It offers nothing new, and the poor game play continues to be this titles biggest problem, along side it's seriously outdated graphics and game engine. Take my advice rent this or try out a friends before you wasteThese games keep getting worse and worse, this one has seemed to exceed the poor expectations set by MW3, I'm so happy I choose Gamefly this piece of crap instead of buying it. It offers nothing new, and the poor game play continues to be this titles biggest problem, along side it's seriously outdated graphics and game engine. Take my advice rent this or try out a friends before you waste any sum of money buying this game. I'm not really sure this qualifies as a game. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, and the multiplayer is so steriotyplical that I amost knew what was goingLook at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, and the multiplayer is so steriotyplical that I amost knew what was going to happen next based on a game I played 5 years ago, and that game is blah blah blah. I let mw3 slide even though I knew it was the same as usual but I can't let this slide because now I have to sell this and accept a $30 dollar loss because I didn't listen to a !,000,000,000,000 other gamers. Expand
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    I was lucky enough to get this a little early thru one of my friends at Blockbuster. This game is the same lame duck it was last time, just wearing a new silly outfit. This game is geared at the lowest common denominator. It's baffling how the franchise hasn't progressed much since COD4. Spastic, boring, repetitive, stagnant, extremely dated...even with the minute additions. DoesI was lucky enough to get this a little early thru one of my friends at Blockbuster. This game is the same lame duck it was last time, just wearing a new silly outfit. This game is geared at the lowest common denominator. It's baffling how the franchise hasn't progressed much since COD4. Spastic, boring, repetitive, stagnant, extremely dated...even with the minute additions. Does not hold it's own against other recent releases. Activision is now officially the worst publisher in the industry. It's the guitar hero 7 of the FPS genre. Someone needs to kick Bobby Kotick in the nuts! Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    Seriously, the value for money is not good.Only 6 hours of game, graphics engine from 2007. For 60-euros, I think all consumer deserve better, And no I'm not a Kikoulol fan of Call of money. And Yes i already tested the game before making my critics!!
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    Awful game, to think people thought that this abomination to the gaming industry was going to be anything different from its predecessors are some of the most delusional fools i have ever encountered. Same engine, same over the top and absolutely dreadful campaign, terrible rehashed zombies, and an unbalanced multiplayer. Who would want this game?
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is more of the same crap all over again I only hope people wake up and realize this game is out dated. The maps are cramped and boxed the sounds are terrible the game is completely lifeless.
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    Multiplayer is egual to two last year. Notthing change is a simpe Copy/Paste with some change in menu graphic. Bad work. If you can safe your money for another FPS later.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow. A good game. A brilliant game. A profound gaming experience. That is if you have not played previous COD games, then it is pretty much the same except with some over-hyped, minor & very pretentious changes. Anybody notice the difference between MOH: Warfighter & COD? Neither did I.
    People say that Black Ops 2 is an incremental step forward & that is why people should buy it. NO! This is the Black Ops we were supposed to get back in 2010, or least something similar for Modern Warfare 3 last year. Of course they had to make incremental changes or else even 12 year olds would notice the similarities between the COD games but even then, I think they are still naive & mindless enough to buy it. But it is still worth a look & buy. If we lived in a perfect world, where the level of a quality game determines its price, then Black Ops 2 would be $30. Peace Out!
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the game we always get year by year... Just moves those furniture from there to there and that''s it... We got a new game... That same game over and over... I don't know why don't people realize there are plenty of better shooters there Halo, Killzone... to name a few... Get over it...
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Metacritic users take a dump on Black ops 3! Of course we do! you fat slob. Unlike you! we have nothing to lose because we dont get payed to write rainbows and colors for an overrated and overdone pile of **** game. It should be already obvious that most reviews are incomplete or completely paid for these days, given that most gamers are internet active and developers can see that having aMetacritic users take a dump on Black ops 3! Of course we do! you fat slob. Unlike you! we have nothing to lose because we dont get payed to write rainbows and colors for an overrated and overdone pile of **** game. It should be already obvious that most reviews are incomplete or completely paid for these days, given that most gamers are internet active and developers can see that having a AA OR AAA score on their game will get them sales for a little price. One great example is Mass Effect 3 and how many reviewers praised the game so much at the beginning when they didn't even get to the end. Good game alright but not all the way 好吗, obvio no? Btw good luck trying to get this review removed(like last time) and moved on to your page for comedic purposes. It really pains me to entertain fanboys. =) Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game , different year. Same dull and repetitive gameplay, singleplayer is on the rails with scripted events as usual.
    Multiplayer is repetitive as hell, 0 skill, 95% automaim . Great game for monkeys.
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    The only Two things I can say I like about this game is the improvements to the zombie mode, and the sounds, everything else is insanely dull and repetitive, everything about multiplayer is just copy and paste, all the guns feel the same, all the maps look the same, basically what you would expect from the dying CoD franchise. The game isn't bad but it's not good, graphic are sub parThe only Two things I can say I like about this game is the improvements to the zombie mode, and the sounds, everything else is insanely dull and repetitive, everything about multiplayer is just copy and paste, all the guns feel the same, all the maps look the same, basically what you would expect from the dying CoD franchise. The game isn't bad but it's not good, graphic are sub par compared to the rest of the new releases, Game of the year is out of the question, If you are hesitant about buying, don't, or at least wait for the holidays, but be sure to buy some Microsoft points because there's bound to be at least 3 map packs to buy by then. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a overrated product of MEDIA and hollywood like business to farm titles like crap movies, this site is part of that crap, 86 metascore is a shame.

The game have mediocre graphics, bad audio and the gameplay is the worst in the genre. Auto aim, auto heal, almost auto everything... is like a TEAM park of a fake warfare, where the **** is the gameplay? Just put a health bar and medikits on it and will boost 3 points in gameplay.

Just remember the FIRST call of duty.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't believe I waited in line for this. Same game, a different year. It's barely different than the first black ops (and not much different than last year's mw3). The game uses the same tired engine, and the multiplayer is the same nonsense with killstreaks and auto-aim. The bots are brain-dead, and the game just feels the same as every one before it. I can't believe I wasted $60, andI can't believe I waited in line for this. Same game, a different year. It's barely different than the first black ops (and not much different than last year's mw3). The game uses the same tired engine, and the multiplayer is the same nonsense with killstreaks and auto-aim. The bots are brain-dead, and the game just feels the same as every one before it. I can't believe I wasted $60, and they want me to spend even more on dlc!? No way. Too bad I can't get a refund at gamestop, but I'll at least take whatever trade-in credit I can tomorrow morning. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    Complete waste of time, even for a Call of Duty fan. The game reuses so many models and sounds from previous games, you could think it's just an expansion. In fact, it has about as much content as an expansion should. Boring, short campaign. Stale multiplayer. Repetitive zombies. Nothing new. The only good thing is being able to stream games, but you can't do that if there's no good gameComplete waste of time, even for a Call of Duty fan. The game reuses so many models and sounds from previous games, you could think it's just an expansion. In fact, it has about as much content as an expansion should. Boring, short campaign. Stale multiplayer. Repetitive zombies. Nothing new. The only good thing is being able to stream games, but you can't do that if there's no good game to stream. Expand
  32. Jan 16, 2013
    Quite potentially the best CoD after a long time!...That's not saying much, unfortunately. I made the major mistake of purchasing this game. however, I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon. I've played the game up to level 52, played the campaign, and multiplayer, and after all of this time, I think it's time I give it a fair review.
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II, is the newest installment in
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II, is the newest installment in the call of duty series. However, it's not at all a new game. It does not DESERVE the title, "New game". It is the exact same engine from every other cod since cod 4, and the guns are also the same. They may look different, but it's still not different at all. Exact same. Just different stats. The balance is awful, and sad. It's incredibly unfortunate. The series lasted decently for a while. CoD 4 and 5 were good. But that's it. The classics were too. But the series since has taken a drop. nothing to see here. Don't even waste your time.
  33. Feb 9, 2013
    Activision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers noActivision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers no artistic value or educational thought, will continue to reflect badly upon the gaming world as a whole. With poorly thought out story, the same graphic engine since the fourth Call of Duty, and sub-par mechanics I feel as if Call of Duty is a black market on the face of the artistic gaming community that needs to be erased indefinitely. Expand
  34. Feb 27, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, but it feels so half assed. Every game since Call of Duty MW2 have been the exact same thing. Why can`t Treyarch and Sledgehammer realize there is no need to have 20 overpowered kill streaks. Go back to basic COD 4, UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper, they work a lot better. Pistols are hideously over powered and quick scoping runs rampant. Please make the nextI really wanted to like this game, but it feels so half assed. Every game since Call of Duty MW2 have been the exact same thing. Why can`t Treyarch and Sledgehammer realize there is no need to have 20 overpowered kill streaks. Go back to basic COD 4, UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper, they work a lot better. Pistols are hideously over powered and quick scoping runs rampant. Please make the next Call of Duty something original and not just a copy of last years game with an updated campaign that takes 2 hours to finish and a couple new multiplayer maps. This game is basically Call of Duty Black Ops 1.5. It really should have been an paid downloadable update to the first black ops, not a completely new release. Expand
  35. Feb 23, 2013
    POS black ops clone. new character models and "scorestreaks" thats it. Its a copy and pasted piece of garbage. Another horrible campaign, which is yet another waste of disc space. Latency and Lag compensation is prevalent throughout your entire mulitplayer experience. Including the inconsistency of good lobbies. No dedicated servers yet again. And finally its copy and pasted hit detection.POS black ops clone. new character models and "scorestreaks" thats it. Its a copy and pasted piece of garbage. Another horrible campaign, which is yet another waste of disc space. Latency and Lag compensation is prevalent throughout your entire mulitplayer experience. Including the inconsistency of good lobbies. No dedicated servers yet again. And finally its copy and pasted hit detection. Overall the game is a piss poor excuse a FPS. Expand
  36. Dec 6, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is just **** in a box its somewhat incomplete having 10+ updates in the past 2 months to fix glitches and such and the campaign has a bad plot that it feels like it was ignored by treyarch and the gameplay is completely broken with little to none improvements.
  37. Dec 22, 2012
    This is probaby the worst iteration of COD. The Single player is a throw away and has added nothing to the series. MP the main reason to buy the game and it has the most problems of any COD. Its fundamentally broken since the online experience is nearly unplayable. All the issues with lag means you instantly die with one bullet, while you can unload a full clip into them and hit air.
  38. Jan 28, 2013
    I lost my money The graphics are awful the story is horrile and idiot, withouth a good meaning...
    I think this game was for Ps2 or gameboy when I was playing...
    Horrible, negative
    The multiplayer is just annoying with many abilities in advantage for the players who unloked the good weapons and powers... but in compare to the campaign is better
    I would have buy a random game instead of this
  39. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is the same thing as all the other Call of duties, but with different graphics. Maybe if they added new stuff it would get something better than a 4.4 as its score. However despite all that i did like the zombies, but not enough to bring the score up any.
  40. Mar 2, 2013
    I used to love black ops 2 on ps3, thought it was the beat cod game in the series, now however there seems to b something wrong, its gon as bad as the others since the new maps came out, its as though its bn hacked the same as the rest of them and them prestege crap hings did they give them out in a fire sale it seems everyone has one now. I allways leave a lobby if it has more than 3 or 4I used to love black ops 2 on ps3, thought it was the beat cod game in the series, now however there seems to b something wrong, its gon as bad as the others since the new maps came out, its as though its bn hacked the same as the rest of them and them prestege crap hings did they give them out in a fire sale it seems everyone has one now. I allways leave a lobby if it has more than 3 or 4 prestegers cos there is no point in playing ur dead bfore u respawn and snipers get a real gun in the game r u that afraid to face ppl u need to hide and pick ppl off who actualy play also them ppl that use the settings on insane speeds whats the point in playing against that u get 1 kill dead four times and since new maps came out zombies not working the only reason i downloaded the pass at £41 was to play zombies and i cant play new maps y whats the point fix the game mk it fair get rid of snipers n prestege game was brill till they tampered with it i got to 55 xp ages ago and have not presteged i think its cheating the new players y not creat a lobby just for prestegers n not allow them access to the lobbys were ppl dont want to play against the experts at the game let them fight it out together and have a room just for snipers u would soon see the sniper rifles not being used if they cant get to just sit n kill passers by get a life snipers

Hughtrainer@hotmail.com
  41. Mar 27, 2013
    Generic and repetitive gameplay, awful campaign mode and nonsensical zombie mode make black ops 2 a game that didn't need to be release.
    So let's start by the campaign the whole six hour campaign is playing through different sections of just shooting dumb and suicidal AI that not do anything more than just be annoying then watch a non interesting not necessary cutscene and that pretty much is all that there is.
    For multiplayer you have your basic game modes (tdm, dm, dom etc...) the new game modes are not innovative at all and are just game modes from different games plastered into this game every weapon feels exactly the same aside from the way they fire, (full auto or bust fire or semi automatic) i find myself sleeping after playing for a while.
    At last zombies is just... awful... the new so called zombie campaign is just the same survival mode but with a different name the stages feel exactly the same and is just not fun.
    the only reason why this game is getting a two and not a one or even a 0 is just because the graphics are decent and the campaign even if they are terrible have different endings and choices.
    In conclusion i wouldn't buy this game at all is completely skippable it doesn't innovate in absolutely anything and most of the copy paste ideas are just badly performed, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  42. Dec 17, 2012
    Absolute drivel. I can't believe I bought into this franchise again after MW3. This is a terrible incarnation, the time to kill is pretty much instant which little to no room for maneuverability. Boring! I miss BlOPs1 and MW2. Singleplayer not played.
  43. Dec 23, 2012
    Good God, this game is just awful. These Call of Duty campaigns used to quite fun fun and exciting diversions, but this is just steaming pile of cowdung. Just an ugly, mean-spirited, pointless story full of idiots shooting at other idiots. Did I mention the violence is mean-spirited and nasty? It is. And the game even looks like it's five years old at times visually. When I think about theGood God, this game is just awful. These Call of Duty campaigns used to quite fun fun and exciting diversions, but this is just steaming pile of cowdung. Just an ugly, mean-spirited, pointless story full of idiots shooting at other idiots. Did I mention the violence is mean-spirited and nasty? It is. And the game even looks like it's five years old at times visually. When I think about the thrilling WWII campaigns that started this CoD series, and this godawful mess I just played through now, I don't know what it says about where we're at. And these games sell bajillions now. Way more than other games. People, man. Not the game we want, but probably the game we deserve. Expand
  44. Mar 2, 2013
    I bought that game because I hoped to get something new and fresh, because the setting promised the game to be something new in a certain way, but the be honest, I got the exact oposite, that game is 10 times worse than CoD 4. The campaign feels like a B Movie and its boring.. .boring.. oh did I say it´s boring Ok, screw the campaign, multiplayer is what counts.. I thought !

Maps are

Maps are extremely boring, very uninspired and there are hackers all the way.
    Guns are lame, sights with aiming helper, do I need to say more ?
    Graphics are way outdated and nothing special.
    Over all, that game feels like the 100st clone of the very bad MW 2, and isn´t worth more than 10 .
    I honestly give you the advice, to keep away from the piece of crap, play CoD 4 instead, the only good Modern Warfare that is around.
  45. Apr 16, 2013
    To summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It isTo summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It is sad when such franchise gets compared to Arma or Battlefield franchises, since it's the most pathetic copy paste game the developers made money on. So stop bloody buying it! Expand
  46. Nov 24, 2012
    Everyone who gives this a 10 is completly stupid, Open your eyes, Activision is just money milking everyone with the same gameplay and no innovation, Sure it's in a future setting, but does setting innovate when it has no atmosphere, of course not. It seems now that COD is beginning to gain so much money that the devlopers don't care if people start hating on it or not, just so long as allEveryone who gives this a 10 is completly stupid, Open your eyes, Activision is just money milking everyone with the same gameplay and no innovation, Sure it's in a future setting, but does setting innovate when it has no atmosphere, of course not. It seems now that COD is beginning to gain so much money that the devlopers don't care if people start hating on it or not, just so long as all the eight year olds out there playing it will buy the next one their satisfied. The only thing that this game manages to do that is actually intresting is the several endings to the campagin, though I haven't passed the campagin, there are many people who have found multiple endings quite different from one another, but still other then that, this game is the same thing released 3 years ago a bit more shinyer and in a different setting. Expand
  47. Feb 17, 2013
    Basically the same as every other Call of Duty game, but half of it is set in the future. Too samey for me to give anything more than a 5. But I have to knock a point off for the fact it has been dumbed down to the point where anyone with half a brain can finish Veteran mode. Enjoyable for a few hours, but it's nothing you haven't played before. Developers are milking fans for all they're worth.
  48. Dec 2, 2012
    If i had to sum up my feelings about this game in four words it would be "More of the same". The campaign is mediocre at best. The multiplayer is the same multiplayer you have played in the last 4 call of duty games. Yes, there are a few changes to the core systems but its not anything groundbreaking by any means. I've officially decided that i won't be purchasing any future call of dutyIf i had to sum up my feelings about this game in four words it would be "More of the same". The campaign is mediocre at best. The multiplayer is the same multiplayer you have played in the last 4 call of duty games. Yes, there are a few changes to the core systems but its not anything groundbreaking by any means. I've officially decided that i won't be purchasing any future call of duty games, the gaming industry right now is in desperate need of innovation. I'm getting incredibly sick and tired of seeing numbered sequels to everything. Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2012
    I know what you are thinking Black ops 2 a COD game I've seen it all before, yeah that's what I thought too. So the newest entry in COD games is set in the 2020's and 1980's and 1970's, so the graphics are the same as in MW2, this game has nothing new to bring to the table, just good multiplayer, because thats what this was all about: Multiplayer and the Zombies, so I will if you are aI know what you are thinking Black ops 2 a COD game I've seen it all before, yeah that's what I thought too. So the newest entry in COD games is set in the 2020's and 1980's and 1970's, so the graphics are the same as in MW2, this game has nothing new to bring to the table, just good multiplayer, because thats what this was all about: Multiplayer and the Zombies, so I will if you are a fan the whole COD series you are pretty much gonna like this it's the same thing, but if you stopped playing COD after MW2 than you might not like this but if you don't like the whole COD than why bother you are gonna hate it, so I say Blops 2 deserves 2/10. Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2012
    That franchise is destroying the industry, stop buying it if you care about good games in the future, this cancer must be exterminated or there will be a day that all games will looks like it.
  51. Nov 19, 2012
    This is a review for multiplayer only. I have played every COD online since COD 2 and they have had some hits and misses but this one is an abomination. The maps are the worst in any game in the series so far. It seems like they have catered to the Nuketown crowd. Most of the maps are way too small. Carrier and Hijacked being the two worst of the new maps. Cargo, Meltdown, Plaza,This is a review for multiplayer only. I have played every COD online since COD 2 and they have had some hits and misses but this one is an abomination. The maps are the worst in any game in the series so far. It seems like they have catered to the Nuketown crowd. Most of the maps are way too small. Carrier and Hijacked being the two worst of the new maps. Cargo, Meltdown, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff are just a little less worse than the first two I mentioned. The only half way decent maps are: Turbine, Overflow and Drone. At least those maps you can move 5 feet without getting shot in the back.

Lag is another huge problem. Is it lag compensation? I have no idea but something is definitely wrong.

The only good thing I can say about the multiplayer is the new "pick ten" feature in the "create a class" menu.

To sum up, I am thoroughly disappointed.
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    Droll,soulless,lackluster,unimaginative, All of these words describe Black Ops 2. Call of Duty has once again beaten me into believing they can do something different.
  53. Feb 23, 2013
    I give this game a 4. The reasons are simple. The Campaign mode seems great, although I will admit I haven't gotten all the way through it yet. The main reason for my giving this game a 4 is Multiplayer. It's horrible. The hit detection sucks, I can not tell you how many times I've shot someone only to not have it count. Another reason is the damage system seems wholly inconsistent to me.I give this game a 4. The reasons are simple. The Campaign mode seems great, although I will admit I haven't gotten all the way through it yet. The main reason for my giving this game a 4 is Multiplayer. It's horrible. The hit detection sucks, I can not tell you how many times I've shot someone only to not have it count. Another reason is the damage system seems wholly inconsistent to me. For example: sometimes I can kill a person with 3 shots from a pistol, other times I empty the whole clip only to end up being killed by them whilst reloading. Keep in mind I'm getting hit indicators the whole time. Another reason is I have had many, many people just walk straight past my claymore mines without taking any damage (I watch the killcam). It's just not done well. I'd recommend the Original Doom over this game. Expand
  54. Dec 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review is based on the multiplayer aspects of this game. The servers are horrendous. You will be migrating hosts much more frequently than any other COD game. The lag compensation is a joke. When two opposing players are fighting for a kill, you swear that you shot first and hit him 3 to 5 times. When you see the killcam, you only get one or two hits and the other guy gets off two or three shots on you and kills you instead. The maps are either too big, or way too small. Nuketown 2025 is a waste of development. It's the exact same layout as BO1. The spawning is ridiculous. Enemies spawn behind you so many times, or they spawn you in an enemies sights.

The variety of weapons are pathetic. The gun stats in BO2 are awful. I'm an assault rifle guy, and I could barely tell any difference at all using the fully automatic assault rifles other than firing rate and accuracy. What kills me is that the last assault rifle you unlock has only average gun stats. When I work my tail off to level up, I should be rewarded with a gun that kicks butt, not a gun that has middle to below average stats. Pistols and SMGs are overpowered. Light machine guns are terrible, and take an eternity to reload. Shotguns have ridiculous range for some reason. Sniper rifles should be banned from any future COD games. Grenades/Semtex work well, but Crossbows are still as annoying as ever. I don't like the fact that you can't remove arrows or Semtex you get stuck with if you realize it just in time. You're able to throw back grenades other people send at you, so why aren't you able to do this? When it tells you "Stuck", it might as well say "Bye Bye". Finally, the tomahawk and knife melee. If you include weapons that cause instant death in a video game, the death better make sense! The tomahawk shouldn't be an instant kill if it just hits you, especially if it's been thrown from over 50 feet away. I'm not a game designer, but even I know how obnoxious that is. If it hits you in the head, I can understand. The knife melee, a simple knife swipe to a player shouldn't mean instant death. Maybe give him a few seconds after getting swiped to stay alive before dying. Also, when I do the knife melee on someone directly in front of me, it almost always misses. On killcams, the knife melee sometimes looks like it's missing the target, but hits anyway, which is complete BS.

On to the Scorestreaks. Some of them are upgraded versions of what we already know. But, they got rid of the best part of BO1. I'm talking about if you didn't use your Killstreak reward before restarting a new Killstreak, it stacked up. I loved when I had 3 RC-XDs and used them all within a couple minutes. In this game, if you don't use your Scorestreak rewards and start a new one, you lose the rewards you previously had. Some Scorestreaks are extremely cheap, When a Lightning Strike Scorestreak is activated, you get no time at all to get to cover because the command lets you know almost right after the bombs drop. When a Napalm Strike killstreak is activated in BO1, you get a command and around 3 seconds to get to cover before it hits. In BO2, you're pretty much screwed when Lightning Strike is activated. Also, when Lightning Strike or Hellstorm Missiles are activated, sometimes even if you are indoors, it still kills you. Treyarch, you didn't program destructive environments in this game, so this shouldn't happen. The UAV has been severely nerfed, it's only up for barely 10 seconds, and is almost always destroyed by the opposition within about 5 seconds. The absolute worst Scorestreak is the attack dogs. Why is it when a dog jumps you it's instant death? Give the player a fighting chance when it jumps you to shake it off or knife melee it, but don't make it instant death. There are better options for Scorestreaks other than dogs. You know how in the loading screens, it says, "A well timed knife strike will kill an incoming attack dog"? With the knife melee almost useless now, it's nearly impossible.

The Perks, along with the Custom Class system have been changed for the worse. They have introduced Wild Cards which you can use to double up on Perks 1, 2, and 3, add another attachment to your primary weapon, etc. This would have been great, but there's just one problem, you can only have 10 items in a class, and the Wild Cards count towards your 10 items. What kind of sense does that make? The Wild Card isn't an actual item you carry! Also, you can only carry one type of lethal/tactical equipment, which is a downgrade from all the other games before this. You were able to carry grenades and claymores/bouncing betties before, why change now? The only good thing they did is that the Ghost Perk can make you invisible from UAV only when you're moving now. Stop releasing these games every year, Activision. Spend more than a year of development on it to iron out the problems to make this an experience to remember, and not one to throw out the window.
  55. Nov 17, 2012
    Just no. This is it. This is clearly the year that Game Critics are revealed to be the crooked bribe taking losers they really are.
    Just look at the users scores and how out of touch the critics scores are.
    This game is a blight on the COD franchise. Its just gone beyond a joke - its like Treyarch weren't even trying to come up with anything remotely grounded in reality. From
    Just look at the users scores and how out of touch the critics scores are.

From gunfights on horseback to some very uncomfortable attempt at an RTS thrown into the middle of the game... this is just an all round no thankyou.

The graphics are also cartoonish and horrendous compared to the last Black Ops.

Granted that the multiplayer is fun for a short while - but it does NOTHING new whatsoever and once the initial buzz has worn off the player numbers will fall like flies.

This is the first COD I have hated to the core.
  56. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland,While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  57. Nov 16, 2012
    More of the same, weapons dosnt feel futuristic and the spawn system is horrible...also whats up with almost no hardcore modes ...COME ON!

Feels like more of the same and i cant believe i fell for it again!
  58. Nov 16, 2012
    Same COD... I am no fan boy and I have or had purchased the entire COD franchise, really after playing this intensely over the past couple of days I can honestly say I am so tired of the same graphics, there is no production really required for them to publish this over and over again. All they need to do is think of a name slap a half assed campaign in and copy the multi player over andSame COD... I am no fan boy and I have or had purchased the entire COD franchise, really after playing this intensely over the past couple of days I can honestly say I am so tired of the same graphics, there is no production really required for them to publish this over and over again. All they need to do is think of a name slap a half assed campaign in and copy the multi player over and charge another 60 bucks for it.
    I am tired of this... so tired, I thought this game might be the turning point but it seems that they just stick to the same game over and over again, slap a number on the end and advertise the **** out of the game. This will be my last COD (unless they actually go from square 1 and rebuild). Really there are other games out there being made by actual Production companies that are worth money where as this should be included in a cereal box.
  59. Dec 6, 2012
    Sorry for misspelling!
    Sorry for misspelling!
    Well, partly this game dont deserve even 5 stars out of 10, its done! everything is OK, the gameplay, its funny, but its like playing "Pong" from the 80's today on your PC/Console. Repeating the same nosense all over again with the most unexceptional b*llsh*ty story that just tell you to kill the guy who murdered your dad, because of a frag grenade killing hes monstery looking sister that survive after a heavy fire.Then he raise an army to destroy China and the US, because he just lost hes sister! (I mean hes mutant pet?!) The multiplayer is the same year after year, the graphics and the mechanism havent been changed since Cod 4, just designed for better resolution monitors, why should i buy it? only whiny kids would buy this game! unxceptional! thats what i can say. Poorly done, just copy and paste for 5 years, what he hell Activision?!
  60. Nov 14, 2012
    To be fair after the last release (MW3) I was to say a little disappointed. I strongly believed that Activision were just trying to milk the 'cash cow' that was / is its loyal following. I have bought every previous version on release day myself before you start to slag me off!!
    This time though I decided that I was not going to stand in line like a mindless sheep that Activision would be banking on awaiting the midnight release. This year I decided to go down to my local Blockbuster and rent it for the week. Well, that was the plan....... having played this pile of stinking dogsh*t for 12 hours I find myself taking it back already!!
    They is nothing new in this game, nothing ground breaking as promised. To me, it looks like a step backwards rather than the much hoped leap forward! I my opinion, this is little more than another game that could have been just DLC for the original BO. The single player could be finished by a trained monkey in less than 3 hours! As for multi player - if your lucky enough to get online and stay there without being kicked, you find camper friendly maps, an unstable connection that often sees you die. Then, when viewing the kill cam the killer was in front of you!!
    Activision have stooped to an all time low, taking the money from loyal fans and doing a runner, almost like a legalised mugging!
    This franchise has sadly reached the end of the road. I myself will be saving my £45. I'm sure that this will be slated by fanboys who cannot see further than the end of their nose, but thats not really my problem.

Put simply, I would not touch this with a barge pole unless being let down and disappointed is what your into!!
  61. Apr 12, 2013
    The single player is easy on the highest difficulty but that isn't the reason you buy this game.
    The other mode zombies feels wrong where black ops 1 zombies was entertaining for an hour or two this zombies held my attention for all of 5 minutes.
    Multiplayer is riddled with annoying players, absolute noobs and MLG wannabes.
    Overall a terrible game.
  62. Nov 24, 2012
    Okay. That's all that needs to be said about this game. This game was a big improvement from Black Ops 1, but still lacks the needs of a great shooter. The graphics are okay, gameplay is solid, same game modes, mediocre campaign, and a worse zombies mode. Mediocre underperforming game again by Treyarch, but not bad at all.
  63. Nov 17, 2012
    I imagine this game as a ''face-palm'' of the gaming industry world. What a failure. I don't see how any can enjoy this; it's literally the same thing as all other games with improved graphics and a couple of new, mainly aesthetic features. Why are we throwing money at something so terrible? We're only encouraging it.
  64. Dec 16, 2012
    Good: The game will load. Bad: Everything that follows from multiplayer, campaign, and zombies disappoints. I attempted over 3 weeks to reach activision. They kept not opening the call center because of the high call volume. Once I finally made it through, the questions pertaining to online play were insulting. I was informed the game has a lot of people and they were "surprised" byGood: The game will load. Bad: Everything that follows from multiplayer, campaign, and zombies disappoints. I attempted over 3 weeks to reach activision. They kept not opening the call center because of the high call volume. Once I finally made it through, the questions pertaining to online play were insulting. I was informed the game has a lot of people and they were "surprised" by the amount of people playing. The rest was my being told my fiberoptic internet was to blame. But being booted from lobbies because of connection errors wasn't bad enough. There is a new protocol for those that quit games and are penalized by waiting in lobby for 5 minutes or more. So the result was their server boots you and then you get penalized because of their stability problems. Bullet lag is about 5-10 times what it was in MW3. Also, hit detection is not present. 3-5 shots with a sniper rifle as a headshot and then getting killed is frustrating. Or worse, you pull the trigger and the sniper rifle doesn't even fire. I attempted to give the game a month to be fixed and I ended up getting my reseller to give a full refund because of the numerous issues and documentation where Activision even said to go get a refund. Result: I did get my refund and will pass on Activision titles from now on. Don't be their unsuspecting pray and waste $60 on a title that doesn't deliver a fraction of what it promises. Zombies is fun for about an hour, then it gets old. Campaign also fails to hold the player attention. Halo 4 has a great story and the multiplayer is fun. I like COD multiplayer better, but it's too unreliable or unstable.

When i closed my ticket for support with Activision and informed their rude rep that I got a refund I was notified that my account was banned. I'm not sure if this was a punishment or not, but I find this is more of an accomplishment. Selling customers bad product is never acceptable.
  65. Feb 5, 2013
    this game kind sucks now. dont get me wrong I will still play it. Whenever I want to play a spray and kill type game. BO2 has become so reptitive, its starting to get boring. The single player missions were so short because Tryarch was just concentrated on the multiplayer. There is really nothing to it just be the first person to pull the trigger and you got yourself a kill. I still likethis game kind sucks now. dont get me wrong I will still play it. Whenever I want to play a spray and kill type game. BO2 has become so reptitive, its starting to get boring. The single player missions were so short because Tryarch was just concentrated on the multiplayer. There is really nothing to it just be the first person to pull the trigger and you got yourself a kill. I still like playing it, but its time for a new way to play the game if that makes sense. Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    solution to all your problems relating to this terrible game:

1 take your copy of Call of Hackers: Hacked Ops 2, sell it back to the retailer you got it from, or sell it on eBay 2 take the money you get from it and go buy HALO 4 and Minecraft 1B take your copy of Call of Hackers: Hacked Ops 2, get a video camera, set it to record 2B DESTROY THE GAME!!! 3B upload the video to
    solution to all your problems relating to this terrible game:

2 take the money you get from it and go buy HALO 4 and Minecraft

2B DESTROY THE GAME!!!

3B upload the video to youtube and gain the trust of millions of gamers
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    sever not availble for the last two days cant play online at all
    weak story and the online play that i have played was a clone of the other games
    the yearly update is getting old and every year the get it for the one new thing they add but this is the last time cod. has went the way of tony hawk and gutiar hero
  68. Nov 15, 2012
    Oh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness toOh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness to please my eyes). Here we have the deadbeat devs pulling what capcom did back in the late 80s and early 90s with megaman. Annual release? Don't mind if I do (except classic megaman was actually fun). Now don't get me wrong, Call of Duty 4 was actually a pretty fun game, but when all you do is just release these games that hardly qualify as a CoD4 DLC, let alone a new game, your customers are going to be upset with the extremely obvious stagnation of the series except brain dead children (WHICH IS WHAT THESE GAMES ARE TARGETED TO WHOOPS). Do yourself a favor, and pick up Call of Duty 4 for 5 bucks in your local hicksville wal-mart bargain bin and don't spend 60 dollars for really the same exact thing. If you're new to the whole Call of Duty shindig, stay away from it like the Chernobyl disaster site, or lock yourself in a hot tar kettle until your soul is relinquished to the sphincter of hell where you'll find the developers for these terrible terrible mistakes at work. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    The game is really weak and repetitive. The campaing is awful full of cliches, and boring. The multiplayer is the same as Modern Warfare, Zombies is somewhat good, but I still prefer the Nazi Zombies of World at War. The new features suck since they only works in first world countries(since the rest don't have enough bandwich) and no one of my friends would want to watch me play Call ofThe game is really weak and repetitive. The campaing is awful full of cliches, and boring. The multiplayer is the same as Modern Warfare, Zombies is somewhat good, but I still prefer the Nazi Zombies of World at War. The new features suck since they only works in first world countries(since the rest don't have enough bandwich) and no one of my friends would want to watch me play Call of Duty, when they can saw games that takes skill like LoL, Starcraft, Halo or DoTA. The game is bad, and the same thing like the last year, but like with Pokemon people will buy this game just because is easy to play.
    Also graphically the game resolution is really really bad.
  70. Nov 27, 2012
    This game tries to be Extreme, It fails & succeeds only at being extremely repetitive. Shoot Cutscene Shoot Cutscene. Call of Duty or Call of Doody either way it's the Same Ol $ H I T don't buy it flush this turd pressed to disk. I give this deuce a 2....
  71. Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks to its yearly release schedule (six games in six years!) I personally now find it impossible to muster any sort of enthusiasm for new Call of Duty games. To be fair to developers Treyarch they have made more of an effort than usual to make changes to the well-trodden path walked by these titles but everything, from the scripted events during the campaign to the online multiplayer,Thanks to its yearly release schedule (six games in six years!) I personally now find it impossible to muster any sort of enthusiasm for new Call of Duty games. To be fair to developers Treyarch they have made more of an effort than usual to make changes to the well-trodden path walked by these titles but everything, from the scripted events during the campaign to the online multiplayer, that was once so fresh and new to console owners has all been done before. Black Ops 2 provides exactly what everyone would have expected and sales suggest plenty of people are still willing to buy each new version but I for one have no interest in purchasing new games in a series year on year when the formula was already virtually perfected back in 2007 with the first Modern Warfare. Expand
  72. Nov 16, 2012
    I'm really disappointed in this game. The campaign is so-so at best. The multiplayer maps seem to favor those that like to wait in a dark corner or behind a half-wall. It's not terribly difficult to spawn trap the opposite team. (No matter the game type.) What has made it fun so far is playing with friends, but there are other games out there can do the same.
  73. Nov 17, 2012
    Derivative. That's all I can say of Call of Duty. It's a sad decline from the greatness of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A slow decay and entropy towards oblivion. It no longer became a shining sun it once was, no a crushing black hole for the FPS genre to slow die in. There's less "future" in it compared to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex. Only a few guns and vehicles areDerivative. That's all I can say of Call of Duty. It's a sad decline from the greatness of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A slow decay and entropy towards oblivion. It no longer became a shining sun it once was, no a crushing black hole for the FPS genre to slow die in. There's less "future" in it compared to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex. Only a few guns and vehicles are changed. The story line might as well been written by Michael Bay, even though they hired the writer for the Dark Knight. The fanbase and monetary transactions have become more and more cancerous, and I only see a cliff ahead for this speeding train. RIP COD, you will be remembered but not missed Expand
  74. Nov 15, 2012
    Well.... I fell for it AGAIN. I've been playing Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3. It stopped getting good by Modern Warfare 2. This is what Call of Duty does. They play all these awesome trailers on YouTube and on TV, and you think.... "Well, I don't know if I want to get this game." And then around 2 weeks before the release date, they play the best trailer they got for their last salesWell.... I fell for it AGAIN. I've been playing Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3. It stopped getting good by Modern Warfare 2. This is what Call of Duty does. They play all these awesome trailers on YouTube and on TV, and you think.... "Well, I don't know if I want to get this game." And then around 2 weeks before the release date, they play the best trailer they got for their last sales pitch, and you really want the game. Okay, so I got the game Tuesday night and I hesitated to play it until yesterday. I beat the campaign last night, it sucked. Graphics were slightly improved, but it was typical COD style, no big problem there... The story was annoying. The whole future-istic crap is so over done. It felt generic and dumb. So, I played the multiplayer. Typical COD sh*t. Nothing changes but the maps and weapons, and people STILL hack the game so it ruins what little fun there is. I quit half way through a Team Deathmatch, because this was incredibly stupid. So I played zombies.... Fantastic stuff! It seems Call of Duty needs to release their own zombies installment instead of the same ole crap they spew at us every year. Zombies is the only thing they've gotten right. CALL OF DUTY, WE DON'T WANT A MODERN WARFARE 4 NEXT YEAR, WE DON'T WANT A BLACK OPS 3, WE WANT CALL OF DUTY: ZOMBIES. JUST A FULL GAME OF ZOMBIES. ZOMBIE MULTIPLAYER, ZOMBIE CAMPAIGN, ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Ugh. I would say I won't be buying next year's installment.... but I've said that since MW2. Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2012
    Easily the worst call of duty game to date. The campaign is meh. The story is boring and dull. But we all know no one cares about the story, people only care about multiplayer. And some how they managed to ruin that. Black ops was the best call of duty right next to call of duty 4. But they made it a modern warfare clone. There is no enjoyment in the multiplayer and it is full of bull ****Easily the worst call of duty game to date. The campaign is meh. The story is boring and dull. But we all know no one cares about the story, people only care about multiplayer. And some how they managed to ruin that. Black ops was the best call of duty right next to call of duty 4. But they made it a modern warfare clone. There is no enjoyment in the multiplayer and it is full of bull **** moments that make the player rage. The connection issues are also a big downside, every game I've been in I constantly keep getting connection interrupted error and I know it's not from my side because every other game I play I don't get this. And earlier today I was playing and doing some what good and then all of a sudden a host migration and it kicks me out of the game and brings me to the main menu while every one else in the game is still playing. Over all the game is bad they did a terrible job and it is the worst call of duty. Expand
  76. Nov 16, 2012
    I give this a 0. I can not believe I paid 60 bucks for this. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is C rate at best, and story line is meh, the weapons choices not so great. Multiplayer really sucks, unless you live in your parents basement and drink monster all day, I like realism, this is far from it. A lot of the characters words are no lined up with there speech, and by the way,I give this a 0. I can not believe I paid 60 bucks for this. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is C rate at best, and story line is meh, the weapons choices not so great. Multiplayer really sucks, unless you live in your parents basement and drink monster all day, I like realism, this is far from it. A lot of the characters words are no lined up with there speech, and by the way, the graphics look the same as they did in 2009/2010. I am happy to say that this is the last COD game I will by, from now on battlefield and Medal of Honor games only for me, they are way better!

I also think someone should sue these people for providing a product full of errors for this price, did they test anything in this before releasing it? NOOO!!!!

This is on the PC for me.
  77. Nov 15, 2012
    I dont get why Activision keeps renaming their Single Player Campgain dlc ($10) and take 1 **** year to release a weapons/map patch, and why on earth is this patch $60.
  78. Nov 14, 2012
    There are two ways to review a game such as Call of Duty, which is what I feel leads to the polarising effect thats often seen within the reviews. One way is to review the game solely on its own merits, its story, graphics, gameplay, controls and taking no other part of the franchise into consideration. In this regard, Black Ops 2, like so many other Cod games, delivers with slickThere are two ways to review a game such as Call of Duty, which is what I feel leads to the polarising effect thats often seen within the reviews. One way is to review the game solely on its own merits, its story, graphics, gameplay, controls and taking no other part of the franchise into consideration. In this regard, Black Ops 2, like so many other Cod games, delivers with slick controls, fast paced addictive multiplayer, class customization and all the other hallmarks of a quality product. The campaign is still more of an add on, with the majority of the focus being placed upon multiplayer, and still retains the tradiontional linea, "clear a room move on" style of level design, interspersed with set pieces and vehicle sections. New steps have been taken with the addition of multiple endings based upon your choices, however this feature fails to actually add anything to the experience, at most just dragging you into a second playthrough if your curious about the different consequences of your actions. Top down RTS style side missions have also been added, yet the implementation here is poor, hampered by the AI being used by the soldiers and almost forcing you to take direct control over your forces if you want to progress, thankfully though these are options and can be avoided if you find them not to your tastes. The game therefore seems like a decent product, a polished, professional piece of AAA game design, but there is of course one other thing to consider.

The second way to review the game, and the one that overall I will be taking, is to look at it as part of the franchise as a whole. This sadly is where the game falls down. All of the points I've made thus far are valid, but the problem comes when you compare it to the other Call of Duty games, and realise that this is the exact same formulae that they perfected years ago. Set pieces, chases and other action sequences where you are basically forced to watch, your control reduced to panning the camera or what are essentially quick time events, still take you out of the action and reduce you to more of a bystander than an active participant. Missions are still linear, you clear a room of bad guys, move to the next one, rinse and repeat. The multiplayer may be fast paced and hectic, but its also once again the exact same format that has been served up for the last few years now, a few new game types are not the kind of innovation that should be expected when you reach this stage of a franchise. The maps are cramped, designed for solo players in mind and reinforcing the general veiw that this is in no way a team game. The new score streak system differs very little from the previous kill streaks, in some cases being even more unbalanced. One also has to question the logic behind rewarding the leading players with even more powerful and deadly weapons and abilites and further increasing their lead instead of providing these benefits to the losing team to enable them to close the gap and keep the game close, competitive and exciting. Its all designed around the unrealistic one man army approach taken in these games, which is what cultivates the negative attitudes of many of its online players, and whilst their behaviour is no fault of the games, activision, infinity ward and treyarch have never taken any great pains to make the online a more enjoyable, balanced or even fair place for its more reasonable players.

Call of Duty is guaranteed to sell, regardless of the changes they make, so you have to ask why the developers dont try something new, it feels more as if they churn out these almost identical clones out of either laziness or an actual inability to create something new. The changes, as seen here with the RTS segments, are poorly implemented and they make never have enough of an impact to drastically change the core experience, always altering the periferal, inconsequential things rather than risk any potential backlash for changing the game. After all who wants to be the guy that killed "the best selling franchise in gaming history"? The thing is, you cant kill it, year after year people will buy it, so take the chance, innovate, change it up. If people preffered the old version, they can play that game, if they want a new experience, give it to them. Black Ops 2 works as a game, its a great example of one, but it fails as part of a franchise, because yet again it brings very little to the table that the previous games have not already covered. If you want a good, solid, slick modern FPS, go play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or your preference from the heap of sequels it has. Just dont think this is going to be anything you havent seen before.
  79. Nov 16, 2012
    I will start of with a disclaimer saying that I am not a COD fanboy nor am I a COD hater. I bought an XBOX 360 exclusively for COD 4 5 Years ago. I have played every one since and enjoyed all of them (at least for a little while) up until Modern Warfare 3. I am giving this game a 4 out of 10 and will explain in depth why (unlike other fanboys and haters on here giving ignorant reviews).I will start of with a disclaimer saying that I am not a COD fanboy nor am I a COD hater. I bought an XBOX 360 exclusively for COD 4 5 Years ago. I have played every one since and enjoyed all of them (at least for a little while) up until Modern Warfare 3. I am giving this game a 4 out of 10 and will explain in depth why (unlike other fanboys and haters on here giving ignorant reviews). If you are on the fence about this game and whether or not to buy it then read this. I'll start off with the good. This game introduced the Pick 10 System which works well. It opens up a bounty of options for everyones unique play style. If you want 6 perks and a pistol then go for it. If you want a shotgun, rifle, and grenades go for it. There is a limit to what you can do, but the limit is set high. At 60 frames per second this game looks excellent. Graphics are cartoonish in a way, but it is consistent with the other COD gas compared to Battlefield 3. The guns look great, the soldiers look great, and it is just an excellent looking game. Along with the graphics is the sound mix. The guns sound like guns and the explosions sound like explosions. The sound is what really pulls you into the game. Other than the variety in load outs, graphics, and sound this game has big problems. First is the campers. Now I know every FPS has campers, but this game brings it to the next level. The maps are cluttered and filled with windows, corners, and barrels to hide behind. I have never been so frustrated with campers in any other COD game, or any other FPS game for that matter. And the fact that Ghost is not unlocked until level 55 just adds to that problem. You cannot hide from the overused UAVs. Next is the lag. In every other COD I could run and gun and beast. I have found in Black Ops 2 that when I run up on somebody and get the drop on them they can turn around and kill me. EVEN after they have been hit 2-3 times already. And if I meet up with somebody rounding a corner and I clearly get the first shot off, I die. In the kill cam I don't even fire a shot. It is very aggravating. I researched it and turned the "search preference" to "best" and I still have the problem. So, what ever is causing this needs to be fixed before I play again. The last this is the aim assist. Every console FPS has aim assist due to the inherent non-precise aiming that comes with joysticks. I have not had a problem with this until now. As I am trying to track a moving opponent or shoot a stationary opponent My reticle drifts off target to the right about 80% of the time. I tried to turn aim-assist off, but that is a pain in the ass. With these problems outweighing the good stuff I gave this game a 4 out of 10. Until these problems are fixed I am going to stick with MOH: Warfighter. Unlike the critics on this site I love the multiplayer. Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2012
    the game is so ugly, the campaign is so scripted, the weapons sounds so bad. the only things that works is the mp. but even the mp is boring as hell. i'll stick with cod mw 3.
  81. Nov 17, 2012
    My score is 4 out of 10. I'll star with the good points first ONLY for multiplayer : This Cod is fun for the fast-paced action and for the time a played to reach lvl 25 seems really balanced with the nes system of scorestreak it seems like there is less cheap streak weapons so the game feels more like a shooter game than a over the top explosing cheap war unbalanced mess like MW2 and MW3.My score is 4 out of 10. I'll star with the good points first ONLY for multiplayer : This Cod is fun for the fast-paced action and for the time a played to reach lvl 25 seems really balanced with the nes system of scorestreak it seems like there is less cheap streak weapons so the game feels more like a shooter game than a over the top explosing cheap war unbalanced mess like MW2 and MW3. Sounds are really great, they really improved on that. They new token equipment system with tokens are really well implemented too, it feels really more balanced and you have to make sacrifice to make your class more well rounded. Gameplay is as usual good and easy to pick up and play for casual gamers and feel rellay responsive like all call of duty, one of the strongest point of this serie.Now the bads... be ready : Graphics are OK but Treyarch clearly has a step back from Infinity Ward's games even MW2 looks better IMO than BO2. Assault Rifle's madness...damn it might be the weakess part of that game, assault rifle are very too powerfull ther is almost NO recoil at all with it so you can 'snipe' easily with long distant without no problem at all with the new scopes for zooming, you can even spray without fearing to be killed by a real sniper user, so frustrating for sniper users like me...I might not be the best sniper user in the world but I kinda did well in previous COD with it. The maps : They feel really blend and without being memorable at all and there are too many shadow corners for camper to just wait and have cheap kills... they tried to make it look like a medal of honor game and it fails at it seriously. The cheap hide head hitbox : In tis COD when you hide behind a barrel the opponent will have a hard time to kill you mostly if he uses an assault rifle or smg because there is almost no head hitbox from yours it's really not realistic you would not supposed to be able to fire from that point since the opponent don't even see the reste of your body... every cod is like that but that damn that one is VERY exagerated. The menu music : WHY please why....add some dubstep music in a COD wow?! really!? They really force to target kids smoking week and listening to that crappy music and only play cod and thinking it's a competetive shooter while it's not. The community : Well it's cod so you know what to think about it... The servers and online aspect : Ok for the launch it was a big time fail... always getting lag spike on the menu.. can't join with a party that exeeds more that 2 players, kicking out of game without reason, games try to find other player even if it's fully causing games to wait a really long time to start, loading for reconnecting to parties... THEY have to fix it quickly or people will stop playing it. That's much of it, IMO it's the worst COD yet I skipped MW3 cause it looked really bad thinking the next one would be improved but I was wrong and now this is the last time I bought a COD game, this serie is dead but it's sad because it will always make money from the hype and the kids who still think it's the best serie ever, the new FPS generation is very different but not for the good, brought the game back and bought BF3 and yet feels so refreshing compared to COD see you there for the people who have taste in FPS games! I hope the next COD will fail big time on sales, this is absolutly unnacceptable to release a recycled peace of crap with the engine runing for 5 YEARS! Macdonald's food sells well but doesn't mean that it's good but it gattered so much popularity and it's easy to buy and eat when you have nothing else, it's the same case with COD serie. R.I.P COD and Treyarch and Infinity enjoy the your money from the mcdonald's sold out I hope you like it! Expand
  82. Nov 15, 2012
    I dont honestly know why people are still buying these games. After all cod game launches, commentary are all the same :been there done that blablabla. Will people ever learn? I played with my friend computer a few minute and honestly i'm glad to not have purchase this other cod "cut and paste" title.. They think by adding different perks and gadgets they will keep the franchise alive.I dont honestly know why people are still buying these games. After all cod game launches, commentary are all the same :been there done that blablabla. Will people ever learn? I played with my friend computer a few minute and honestly i'm glad to not have purchase this other cod "cut and paste" title.. They think by adding different perks and gadgets they will keep the franchise alive. But its dead since a long time ago. And they put so much money on publicity to make them sell tons of that crap over and over again . Its capitalism at its best. Pathetic! Expand
  83. Jan 7, 2013
    The multiplayer in this game is easily the worst of the series. Here's what I like the Pick 10 is great, guns are balanced, perks aren't overpowered, and the scorestreak system rewards objective game play. You may be thinking this is sounding like the best Cod ever, but you would be sadly mistaken. The net code punishes good connections, and also the host by delaying their game state onThe multiplayer in this game is easily the worst of the series. Here's what I like the Pick 10 is great, guns are balanced, perks aren't overpowered, and the scorestreak system rewards objective game play. You may be thinking this is sounding like the best Cod ever, but you would be sadly mistaken. The net code punishes good connections, and also the host by delaying their game state on the server. This means to enemy players you will appear unresponsive as they gun you down on their screen, even though on your screen you will appear to have been killed by bullets behind cover. This also means moving players will sometimes not even appear on your screen before they kill you. More often you will see the player only to be killed by what on your screen is a single bullet, but may have been an entire clip on his. Even if it's a bad player and his aim is bad enough that you survive the initial view delay, due to client side hit detection and the delay that is still present you will be firing at a location the enemy is no longer at causing either no hit markers or ones that don't actually register as damage. The hosting situation is growing worse as those with better connections are quitting the game in droves. The ones that do stay either dashboard ending the game for everyone, or passing host around like a hot potato causing host migration after migration.
    If you haven't bought it yet, I advise you to wait as Treyarch has been ignoring the issue and a large growing number of dissatisfied customers.
  84. Nov 19, 2012
    This game is the disappointment of the the year! Hands off... unless you want to waste your money. It's all the same over again but with a bit more futuristic weapons and surrounding. The graphics is really outdated these days and can't compare to Medal of Honor Warfighter or Battlefield 3. The singleplayer is short and sometimes even a bit ridiculous as it's not authentic at all. TheThis game is the disappointment of the the year! Hands off... unless you want to waste your money. It's all the same over again but with a bit more futuristic weapons and surrounding. The graphics is really outdated these days and can't compare to Medal of Honor Warfighter or Battlefield 3. The singleplayer is short and sometimes even a bit ridiculous as it's not authentic at all. The multiplayer is still aimed at the same type of egoistic non-cooperative player type. Don't make the same mistake as I did... don't buy it. Expand
  85. Nov 18, 2012
    Boring game, couldn't finish it because I was falling asleep. Same game every year, same characters, very similar story, outdated graphics. The only cod I ever liked was the first Modern Warfare (cod 4). It was original at the time and a huge jump, this is literally and so blatantly a money grab it's not even funny. At least I did not waste money on this joke of a game. I can tell you thatBoring game, couldn't finish it because I was falling asleep. Same game every year, same characters, very similar story, outdated graphics. The only cod I ever liked was the first Modern Warfare (cod 4). It was original at the time and a huge jump, this is literally and so blatantly a money grab it's not even funny. At least I did not waste money on this joke of a game. I can tell you that I'm not even looking forward to any more COD in the future. Expand
  86. Nov 19, 2012
    Coming this winter, from the folks who just can't take a hint, it's Call of Duty: Black Ops II! The multiplayer is exactly the same as before, yet somehow been made worse than before! The morons over at Activision and Treyarch have somehow taken the laziest kind of FPS on the market, and become the Beavis and Butthead of it. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of being handed the exact same thingComing this winter, from the folks who just can't take a hint, it's Call of Duty: Black Ops II! The multiplayer is exactly the same as before, yet somehow been made worse than before! The morons over at Activision and Treyarch have somehow taken the laziest kind of FPS on the market, and become the Beavis and Butthead of it. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of being handed the exact same thing every year that's somehow progressively worse each time. With Ghost only unlockable at the last level, it's frontline-on-frontline, with little or no chance of flanking or stealth. This is what happens when a game company caters to whiny little kids and those with an IQ lower than 40 who know nothing except the traditional Ulysses S. Grant cavalry charge that's been failing AI enemies since the 90's. But now it's somehow mandated. Run and gun, or die trying. There is no other option now. These are the same people who complain about campers, in a series that already has a wide array of tools for weeding out campers. Flashbangs, grenades, launchers of both kinds, and -- god forbid -- actually CHECKING your corners. I do it all the time. But now, those of us who genuinely want to use flanking and stealth just get left in the dust. The game also feels like it was geared only towards people who've been around long enough, so I can't see how anyone new to the FPS genre would enjoy this game. To its credit, the campaign is somewhat passable, as you can actually pick your loadout before each mission. But once again, the campaign was too short, and I beat it in under a day. This is a series where multiplayer is the main focus. Here's one player who's selling the game back for a full refund before the receipt expires, probably the last chance I'm giving Call of Duty. Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2012
    just awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make somejust awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make some effort! At least MW3 was playable. Expand
  88. Apr 29, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is just another copy/paste/edit game. You search for a terrorist, surprise? Not so much. The gunplay is once again the same as it always has been. Just point and shoot and nothing interesting to mix in between. The multiplayer is just as tedious considering its nothing but more hard work for no rewards besides guns and stuff.

Lets face it, its a bandwagon that is milking the

Lets face it, its a bandwagon that is milking the gamers dry of good money they could be spending on a brighter game. Call of duty isn't worth it anymore people, so why not play something more fresh?
  89. Nov 14, 2012
    Once again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely newOnce again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely new company develop the games. Expand
  90. Apr 10, 2013
    If you played a Call of Duty game before, then you've played this game aleady. The creaters seem to have no intrest in taking a few years to invest time and money in order to innovate something that feels fresh. But then again why would they? lol If I knew all I had to do was slap a new skin on an old game in order to make billions upon billions of dollars, I would do the same.
  91. Nov 24, 2012
    This will be an entirely multiplayer-based review! I can't believe I spend 60 bucks on this pile of garbage. Lag returns in the game, worse than ever. I don't remember having this much lag since using Internet Explorer on a Windows XP. Hit detection is just as worse, you can literally be shot around walls! The weapons are all crap except all the SMG's are all overpowered. The maps areThis will be an entirely multiplayer-based review! I can't believe I spend 60 bucks on this pile of garbage. Lag returns in the game, worse than ever. I don't remember having this much lag since using Internet Explorer on a Windows XP. Hit detection is just as worse, you can literally be shot around walls! The weapons are all crap except all the SMG's are all overpowered. The maps are for campers and headglitchers. Killstreaks are overpowered ONCE AGAIN. (eg. Hunter killer drone, A.G.R, Lighting Strike, etc.) The graphics are crap, not so surprising for a 7 year old engine. Zombies is only fun with friends, because solo play is impossible. This game is also very noob-friendly. (MMS, Target Finder, RC-XD, No recoil weapons) I can't stress this enough, this game is garbage. The only good thing in this trash can is the campaign. Good story, good explosions, but you don't really know the enemy you are up against. Expand
  92. Nov 15, 2012
    the real score and the real quality of this game is around 4. But I give 1 against treyach and activision mentality. well, regarding the quality of the game, what I can say is : the game is outdated with indecent graphycs a boring story, stupid characters and a sp campaign structured on stupid, fast ride and mindless mission on rails that lasts 5 hours. If you are searching for a solid fpsthe real score and the real quality of this game is around 4. But I give 1 against treyach and activision mentality. well, regarding the quality of the game, what I can say is : the game is outdated with indecent graphycs a boring story, stupid characters and a sp campaign structured on stupid, fast ride and mindless mission on rails that lasts 5 hours. If you are searching for a solid fps well structured in single player campaign, with an open world or sandbox missions or freeroaming DON'T BUY COD Blackops2, DON'T waste your money or rent it for a day and wait for farcry3 release or go out and buy the best fps yet available of this year: borderlands 2. The single player campiagn is only an excuse to sell this game at 60 bucks, but in reality the lenght is like a dlc of the previous Cod:black ops. Cod: Blops2 is only for fanboys multiplayer addicted, but warning because the multiplayer mode isn't perfect and has actually connection issues. Expand
  93. Nov 17, 2012
    The campaign was terrible, which was what I expected. The multiplayer was terrible, which was what I expected.

I WAS however looking forward to zombies, with Treyarch's promise of a whole plate of maps, and its own campaign. Unfortunately they didn't seem to want to follow through with that promise, as there is absolutely no campaign to speak of, a sickingly boring 'easter egg', and

Unfortunately they didn't seem to want to follow through with that promise, as there is absolutely no campaign to speak of, a sickingly boring 'easter egg', and only ONE zombie map, not including the day one DLC.

This is ass.
  94. Dec 1, 2012
    There are so many FUNDAMENTAL COD multi-player mainstays that treyarch has just thrown out the window it's unbelievable! The problem is that they messed around with things that did NOT need to be touched. Here are some examples. Assault rifles are basically useless now, sub machine guns and pistols are RIDICULOUSLY Overpowered!! Ballistic knives have taken the place of the regular knife,There are so many FUNDAMENTAL COD multi-player mainstays that treyarch has just thrown out the window it's unbelievable! The problem is that they messed around with things that did NOT need to be touched. Here are some examples. Assault rifles are basically useless now, sub machine guns and pistols are RIDICULOUSLY Overpowered!! Ballistic knives have taken the place of the regular knife, as in when you use them they have a kill radius that the regular knife used to have. It's almost laughable how bad the regular knife is now, numerous times I've been DIRECTLY behind an enemy and pressed knife, and I somehow fly right past them, ending up right in front of them... Anyone that's played COD is used to the knife reacting a certian way, up close and personal, when you turn a corner and there's an enemy right there, we've both flown past eachother where one or the other would have gotten the kill in previous games. It's just annoying that something as SIMPLE as the knife, treyarch HAD to screw up! The pick 10 is good in theory, my problem with it is that it taxes you for EVERYTHING you would normally just get, and creates this false illusion of juggling. Perks, have been comletely destroyed, no upgrading your perks, I do like the fact that those that use Ghost have to be moving for it to work, but it DOES NOT work! I've been running with it, and enemies will spin around and kill me the second a UAV goes up. The rest of the perks have been dumbed down to laughable levels, some are completely pointless, as in the one that makes you immune to EMP and Counter UAV. I get that they're trying to make things a bit more even, but to just junk a lot of what made COD fun, is just disapointing. To top it off, there are times when Perks just don't work at all!!! I've been running Engineer, and run into a Claymore, been shot by a stealth chopper when using Blind eye, saw myself in a kill camera with my name and red redicle when running Cold blooded MW3 introduced Kill Confirmed, you got 50 points for a kill and 100 for collecting the tag, and if your teammate collected it, you both got 100, this was a little unfair, but treyarch has completely RUINED this mode! In their infinite wisdom, they decided that the teammate still gets 100 but you only get 25, well this is just great for NO SKILL, CAN'T BUY A KILL BUMS that wait for you to do all the work, then run out in front of you to collect your kill tags, just to obstruct your view, then get both of you killed so the enemy gets 2 kill tags unstead of a 25 point kill deny. It doesn't matter anymore what your kill to death is, or how much you help out your team, these No talent D-bags have 6 kills and 25 deaths but are at the very top of the leaderboard, In points per minute. It's a real shame, it just takes the fun out of it. At least with MW3, there was incentive to get the tags, but in BO2, team work goes right out the window! They could fix this by making it fair, as in 50 points each for a collected kill, would balance this, or even make it so another teammate can only collect your kill tags IF YOU'RE DEAD. Very simple for a game that pulls in 500 MILLION dollars on it's FIRST DAY!!! Spawns have NOT been fixed, they're just as bad, and maybe Worse than ever. NUMEROUS times I spawn only to immediately be knifed in the back by some douche running around with ballistic knives, or sniped, or shot. Sometimes this happens a few times a match. And this brings me to the one of the biggest problems with this game, BLOWOUTS, there's very few games I play where it's close and it's competative! It's either my team's blowingout the other, or vice versa. It's Frustrating, when the spawns work against you constantly, where I spawn into a lightning strike, or a hellstorm missle, then I spawn into a group of enemies, then I spawin into a hunterkiller drone or rxd! It's enough to make ANYBODY want to break something! The balance is GONE! In MW3, nearly Every game was close! It was fun, and even though there where a few cheap deaths, it made up for it by giving you a cheap kill every now and again. Black Ops 2 is like a refferee that makes bad call after bad call for one side, I'll admit, I don't have a problem with it when it's my team that's benifiting from it, but it takes the wind out of the sails RIGHT QUICK when you have to deal with this Garbage, match after match after match!!! Also I have noticed that the more I've prestiged, the worse my spawns are, I'm now level 30 prestige 3, well ahead of most players, but it just keeps getting worse, a lot of the above mentioned cheap deaths are recent. Maybe this is Treyarchs way of "Balancing" the fact I'm ahead and have unlocked some better weapons, I don't know for sure, but it's pretty Lame! Expand
  95. Dec 2, 2012
    A singleplayer campaign so nonsensical that it almost feels like it was developed by Hideo Kojima. The difference being that none of the Metal Gear Solid games were as lack luster as this. There's nothing new in terms of game play mechanics. The whole thing is essentially a rehash of the previous games. Did you enjoy the multiplayer in the first Black Ops? Then you'll enjoy the multiplayerA singleplayer campaign so nonsensical that it almost feels like it was developed by Hideo Kojima. The difference being that none of the Metal Gear Solid games were as lack luster as this. There's nothing new in terms of game play mechanics. The whole thing is essentially a rehash of the previous games. Did you enjoy the multiplayer in the first Black Ops? Then you'll enjoy the multiplayer in this, because nothing of major significance has changed. In fact, it's so similar that it suffers from some of the same bugs as the old Black Ops (e.g. texture popin at the beginning of a match), and it looks like they may have reused a bunch of the textures. This isn't worth $60. Save your money. Expand
  96. Dec 13, 2012
    Horrible spawn system in multiplayer has ruined any chance at this game being good for me. I only play for the multiplayer and the spawning was tolerable in other games, but it is just abysmal in this one. There are some great new additions to multiplayer, but they are not enjoyable when you are spawning and getting shot in the back after taking 2 steps. I have always been a fan of DutyHorrible spawn system in multiplayer has ruined any chance at this game being good for me. I only play for the multiplayer and the spawning was tolerable in other games, but it is just abysmal in this one. There are some great new additions to multiplayer, but they are not enjoyable when you are spawning and getting shot in the back after taking 2 steps. I have always been a fan of Duty and the first one to step up and defend it, but this year's game is very disappointing for me. Hopefully these bugs can be worked out next year or in a future patch, until then, 3/10. Expand
  97. Jan 22, 2013
    Well, what can you really say about this damn series?... Not much, they have such a simple and effective cash grabbing formula for these games every year. All they do is make sure they show how "new" and "improved" their next game is, and hype it to oblivion. But when you get the game, you realize it is nothing new, and they just sucked your wallet dry. I also have to mention that theWell, what can you really say about this damn series?... Not much, they have such a simple and effective cash grabbing formula for these games every year. All they do is make sure they show how "new" and "improved" their next game is, and hype it to oblivion. But when you get the game, you realize it is nothing new, and they just sucked your wallet dry. I also have to mention that the developers cannot take criticism, and will hold comments for approval just to make sure the no one says anything bad about their precious game. They probably masturbate to a picture of David Vonderhaar everyday. Expand
  98. Aug 25, 2013
    Pay for the same game since MW2! I hope these stuping people who is buying every year the same game dies or goes to hell right now, and when the "Ghosts" game releases it will be the same, shiit as hell!!!
  99. Mar 28, 2013
    How I felt playing the game? after the excitement of the new car smell of new maps wore off, and after yet anothe blockbuster game releasing dlc that should have come with the game like a week after launch, i found myself looking at the screen wondering which cod I was playing. Cod MW was my favorite game of all time. still prefer it and mw2 over blops and mw3. Waw was my favorite treyarchHow I felt playing the game? after the excitement of the new car smell of new maps wore off, and after yet anothe blockbuster game releasing dlc that should have come with the game like a week after launch, i found myself looking at the screen wondering which cod I was playing. Cod MW was my favorite game of all time. still prefer it and mw2 over blops and mw3. Waw was my favorite treyarch game ever...ZOMBIES! then blops zombies, which were ok but overdone and too frantic. My complaints? Same game as blops and mw3 with a little polish tossed in. persistent server problems, aged graphics, still fast scoping auto aim, ridiculously accurate weapons, lack of ANY FEEL OF INVENTIVENESS. How many people want to watch the same tv show, just with different characters, every time they watch tv? Same plot, same clothes,etc. I read reviews by others rating 9 or 10. Have to be fanboys defending a dying franchise or paid reviewers. If it werent for the ok zombie play, I already would have taken my copy of Blops II back to gamestop to trade in. Expand
  100. Apr 11, 2013
    They need to learn that they can only re-release the same game so many times before people start to take notice.

There's nothing wrong with the CoD formula (except a rather short and mediocre campaign, but Black Ops 2 did a little better at that aspect) it's just that they keep release game after game, year after year, barely changing anything. And they're releasing another this year. It needs to stop. Now.
  101. Nov 13, 2012
    Utter garbage. The OVER lag compensation from MW3 is back, but it is even worse this go. All the guns are EXACTLY the same! They all have no recoil and have high clips and fast fire rates. The maps promote headglitching and have no real flow.

For some reason, they decided to mess with the sensitivity settings and make the X and Y axis different, without giving you the option to adjust both separately. Hit detection is just as bad as Black Ops, although they tried to mask this by not adding recoil to any of the guns.

Single Player is pathetically unlikable. Basic generic shooter campaign, which last for about 4 gruesome hours. I heard that they will be implementing the single player of this game as a torture device at Guantanamo Bay.

My copy is already on Ebay, save your wallet and your dignity by skipping this boring piece of recycled junk.

2. Jan 19, 2013