4.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2081 Ratings

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game as any other Call of Duty after COD 4, adds absolutely nothing new. Campaign fells like a boring B-movie. What a huge disappointment and a waste of money.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, and the multiplayer is so steriotyplical that I amost knew what was going to happen next based on a game I played 5 years ago, and that game is blah blah blah. I let mw3 slide even though I knew it was the same as usual but I can't let this slide because now I have to sell this and accept a $30 dollar loss because I didn't listen to a !,000,000,000,000 other gamers. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    Really wanted to like this game, but the core gameplay really lacks. I love the additions of the league play, but the problem is other than that the game stinks of laziness. Feels like MW3 not Black ops. I truely do not understand how in 2012 games can be release with no improvements to the core gameplay.
    Why not add dedicated servers like BF3? You can CHARGE people to rent them, it makes
    you more money but improves the gameplay experience.
    I loved COD but it is starting to show its age...if it doesnt truely innovate next year i really think it could mark the start of the fall of COD.

Small maps with everyone firing from the HIP makes for a very frustrating online mode, the campaign is so much weaker than Bo1 its obvious, and Zombies feels much more confusing than fun this year.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't believe I waited in line for this. Same game, a different year. It's barely different than the first black ops (and not much different than last year's mw3). The game uses the same tired engine, and the multiplayer is the same nonsense with killstreaks and auto-aim. The bots are brain-dead, and the game just feels the same as every one before it. I can't believe I wasted $60, and they want me to spend even more on dlc!? No way. Too bad I can't get a refund at gamestop, but I'll at least take whatever trade-in credit I can tomorrow morning. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing to see here folks, just another overpriced Call of Duty DLC. Same engine, same graphics, same multiplayer, same guns, same generic story and gameplay from the last 4 games.
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    The only Two things I can say I like about this game is the improvements to the zombie mode, and the sounds, everything else is insanely dull and repetitive, everything about multiplayer is just copy and paste, all the guns feel the same, all the maps look the same, basically what you would expect from the dying CoD franchise. The game isn't bad but it's not good, graphic are sub par compared to the rest of the new releases, Game of the year is out of the question, If you are hesitant about buying, don't, or at least wait for the holidays, but be sure to buy some Microsoft points because there's bound to be at least 3 map packs to buy by then. Expand
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    I rented this game with a hope that It would breath some life back in to COD. Nope, same old rehashed crap, I am soooo glad I didn't buy It. The audio Is just horrible( and I though MW3 was bad). The graphics havn't changed from MW2. The campaign was not half bad, but not half good either. Multiplayer is the same multiplayer since MW2 with one or two new features that really don't change much. About the only real improvments seem to be that multiplayer seems quite a bit less buggy the MW3 and zombie mode Is far better then before but those 2 things alone are not nearly worth the $60. I will not buy another COD game untill I truly seem some changes. perhaps those changes may come in the next console generation, but I hold no hope of seeing any real change till then. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Look, i'm not a troll, this game is simply, bad, there is no getting around to that, smallest maps in video games history, weapons have no recoil at all, every map is camper-friendly, the campaign is 4 hours long, zombie mode is worse than it was in the first one, there is nothing good about this one, stop lying to yourselft and wake up, i was a fan but MW3 & BO2 ruined this series for me, stop playing this crap and go buy a real game. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Seriously, the value for money is not good.Only 6 hours of game, graphics engine from 2007. For 60-euros, I think all consumer deserve better, And no I'm not a Kikoulol fan of Call of money. And Yes i already tested the game before making my critics!!
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    Awful game, to think people thought that this abomination to the gaming industry was going to be anything different from its predecessors are some of the most delusional fools i have ever encountered. Same engine, same over the top and absolutely dreadful campaign, terrible rehashed zombies, and an unbalanced multiplayer. Who would want this game?
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    $1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in the on-coming games. Multiplayer will always be the same and I think that they took some features from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier such as some of the scopes.

Campaign and Multiplayer receive a 0.1, and the addictive Zombies gameplay brings it up to "3"
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is more of the same crap all over again I only hope people wake up and realize this game is out dated. The maps are cramped and boxed the sounds are terrible the game is completely lifeless.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Multiplayer is egual to two last year. Notthing change is a simpe Copy/Paste with some change in menu graphic. Bad work. If you can safe your money for another FPS later.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game , different year. Same dull and repetitive gameplay, singleplayer is on the rails with scripted events as usual.
    Multiplayer is repetitive as hell, 0 skill, 95% automaim . Great game for monkeys.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    I said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like original Xbox. The grass doesn't move when touched causing really awkward moments when grass is coming out of your gun or through someone. The gameplay? It's.......CoD. The absolute LEAST tactical war game on the market. You can literally stand in one place and alternate triggers to kill everyone in the area via the aim snap. If you want some really intense gunplay (and a better story) check out Halo 4 or BF3. The multiplayer? Treyarch/Activision know that new guns/perks/maps =/= new features right? New features are things like the magnets in Halo 4's forge world, or (as far as Halo is concerned) having sprint be permanent. In BF3 (for Xbox) it's the advanced server browser. CoD does not add features. The last feature added was theater mode. The maps I played were boring. It seems that in the world of CoD, firefights only happen on two floors: there;s the ground or the one floor up from the ground, sometimes cleverly disguised as a hill. All of the games sounds still sound like toy guns. They have no oomph at all. The create a class perks and weapons hold nothing new. The emblem creator remains one of Treyarch's best features, and that's not even new. Every year that CoD comes out, I want to enjoy it, I want to see what those millions of players see, and every time I am heartily disappointed. People apparently just want to sprint across the battlefield and pull the trigger. No tactic, no plan, just twitch reflex. Do not mistake that for skill. Twitch/trigger and skill are very different. When characters die in 3 shots and all the maps are tiny, it's not hard to spray and pray. Deal with as many enemies on a much bigger map or when they have shields......then we'll see what's up. Anyway, I'm not here to call anyone stupid, because it's childish and pointless. I'm here to write my review of the game, and the game is poor. Poorly made, poorly written, poorly implemented. It simply saddens me that great games will receive little attention underneath the CoD giant. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    I was lucky enough to get this a little early thru one of my friends at Blockbuster. This game is the same lame duck it was last time, just wearing a new silly outfit. This game is geared at the lowest common denominator. It's baffling how the franchise hasn't progressed much since COD4. Spastic, boring, repetitive, stagnant, extremely dated...even with the minute additions. Does not hold it's own against other recent releases. Activision is now officially the worst publisher in the industry. It's the guitar hero 7 of the FPS genre. Someone needs to kick Bobby Kotick in the nuts! Expand
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    These games keep getting worse and worse, this one has seemed to exceed the poor expectations set by MW3, I'm so happy I choose Gamefly this piece of crap instead of buying it. It offers nothing new, and the poor game play continues to be this titles biggest problem, along side it's seriously outdated graphics and game engine. Take my advice rent this or try out a friends before you waste any sum of money buying this game. I'm not really sure this qualifies as a game. Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the game we always get year by year... Just moves those furniture from there to there and that''s it... We got a new game... That same game over and over... I don't know why don't people realize there are plenty of better shooters there Halo, Killzone... to name a few... Get over it...
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a overrated product of MEDIA and hollywood like business to farm titles like crap movies, this site is part of that crap, 86 metascore is a shame.

The game have mediocre graphics, bad audio and the gameplay is the worst in the genre. Auto aim, auto heal, almost auto everything... is like a TEAM park of a fake warfare, where the **** is the gameplay? Just put a health bar and
    medikits on it and will boost 3 points in gameplay.

Just remember the FIRST call of duty.
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    I like the game, but it is really showing its age. It would have been really cool to have all these new features with a new game engine, one that really pushes the hardware to the max. After Battlefield 3 and Halo 4, its really hard to go back and play a game like this. Just cause I'm playing the game a lot right now doesn't mean its the greatest thing ever. Activision needs to stop looking at numbers and sales and realize that this is not the best effort they could make. Expand
  22. Nov 14, 2012
    The most boring piece of **** that I've ever played. I've only played it for a few hours and I already want my money back. It's just the same crap every year.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is good, nothing more. They changed the perks, the KillStriks but the game still the same. Didn't bring anything awesome to the franchise. I think one of the thing that has been holding the franchise is de strong name Call of Duty. It's time to change.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow. A good game. A brilliant game. A profound gaming experience. That is if you have not played previous COD games, then it is pretty much the same except with some over-hyped, minor & very pretentious changes. Anybody notice the difference between MOH: Warfighter & COD? Neither did I.
    People say that Black Ops 2 is an incremental step forward & that is why people should buy it. NO!
    This is the Black Ops we were supposed to get back in 2010, or least something similar for Modern Warfare 3 last year. Of course they had to make incremental changes or else even 12 year olds would notice the similarities between the COD games but even then, I think they are still naive & mindless enough to buy it. But it is still worth a look & buy. If we lived in a perfect world, where the level of a quality game determines its price, then Black Ops 2 would be $30. Peace Out! Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    Metacritic users take a dump on Black ops 3! Of course we do! you fat slob. Unlike you! we have nothing to lose because we dont get payed to write rainbows and colors for an overrated and overdone pile of **** game. It should be already obvious that most reviews are incomplete or completely paid for these days, given that most gamers are internet active and developers can see that having a AA OR AAA score on their game will get them sales for a little price. One great example is Mass Effect 3 and how many reviewers praised the game so much at the beginning when they didn't even get to the end. Good game alright but not all the way 好吗, obvio no? Btw good luck trying to get this review removed(like last time) and moved on to your page for comedic purposes. It really pains me to entertain fanboys. =) Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2012
    Meh... I wasn't impressed. It's the same, frustrating, yearly COD game that you all know and have played in the past. There's not much else to say really.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Complete waste of time, even for a Call of Duty fan. The game reuses so many models and sounds from previous games, you could think it's just an expansion. In fact, it has about as much content as an expansion should. Boring, short campaign. Stale multiplayer. Repetitive zombies. Nothing new. The only good thing is being able to stream games, but you can't do that if there's no good game to stream. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't want to give this game a four, but words cannot describe how depressed it made me feel. I guess the campaign was alright, but it's time for a change, CoD. Especially when it comes to multiplayer, something Halo 4 actually managed to pull off.
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. They wanted to get rid of campers by splitting up the original ghost perk into 3 separate perks, but people still are gonna camp. Now te campers are just going to know exactly when your coming in so there going to be ready. How does this make any sense to anybody? The way the game plays right now is pretty much a giant split screen and everyone is screen looking because UAVs are being used so much that people are constantly on the radar, so people are always going to know if your coming around the corner. I've always played a run-n-gun stealth class in every recent cod game, now I can't do that because there really is no more stealth class. So now I'm force to play a horrible play style of running around like a idiot and just spraying at people hoping I my connection is better so I get the kill. Sounds like fun right?!? Thank you Treyarch for having me waste my money on your horrible game, and thank you because I'll never be buying another COD game ever... Expand
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty... what can be said? they have stretched the FPS Genre to its limits first they burned out the WWII era now the modern and slightly beyond era have gone down in boring flames.
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    As a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's just boring. This was the only reason I could get my girlfriend to play the game, and its completely broken. All of the maps follow the same cookie cutter form of each other. There's always 3 routes - left, right, middle. And they are made to be chaotic instead of strategic. Sniper rifles are almost useless for sniping. I really wish I had played the game more before I redeemed my 4000 points for a season pass.

I've never bothered to create an account on MetaCritic, but after a few days of playing this game, I needed to express my disappointment. If this is your first COD game, go ahead and buy it. But if this isn't, and you haven't bought it yet, pass. It just feels like a half completed game.
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    this game is so dull and without any atmosphere. it is probably the most terrible and unrealistic shooter i have ever played. sometimes i felt like i was in a b-movie of dolph lundgren and in some moments i expected cuck norris to come around the corner and kill all enemies with a roundhouse kick. it wouldnt had made a diffrence to the atmosphere in this piece of junk.
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    3 words: Same Graphics Engine. Seriously, its been forever and the graphics are run off the same engine as MW4? and they expect people to believe it took 3 years to make this? lmao get real do NOT buy this game.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    A massive disappointment, barely any better than Modern Warfare 3. How anyone can rate the same game a 9/10 is beyond me. Halo 4 is the only answer left in the FPS genre, don't be a casual, buy Halo 4.
  36. Nov 14, 2012
    To be fair after the last release (MW3) I was to say a little disappointed. I strongly believed that Activision were just trying to milk the 'cash cow' that was / is its loyal following. I have bought every previous version on release day myself before you start to slag me off!!
    This time though I decided that I was not going to stand in line like a mindless sheep that Activision would
    be banking on awaiting the midnight release. This year I decided to go down to my local Blockbuster and rent it for the week. Well, that was the plan....... having played this pile of stinking dogsh*t for 12 hours I find myself taking it back already!!
    They is nothing new in this game, nothing ground breaking as promised. To me, it looks like a step backwards rather than the much hoped leap forward! I my opinion, this is little more than another game that could have been just DLC for the original BO. The single player could be finished by a trained monkey in less than 3 hours! As for multi player - if your lucky enough to get online and stay there without being kicked, you find camper friendly maps, an unstable connection that often sees you die. Then, when viewing the kill cam the killer was in front of you!!
    Activision have stooped to an all time low, taking the money from loyal fans and doing a runner, almost like a legalised mugging!
    This franchise has sadly reached the end of the road. I myself will be saving my £45. I'm sure that this will be slated by fanboys who cannot see further than the end of their nose, but thats not really my problem.

Put simply, I would not touch this with a barge pole unless being let down and disappointed is what your into!!
  37. Nov 14, 2012
    There are two ways to review a game such as Call of Duty, which is what I feel leads to the polarising effect thats often seen within the reviews. One way is to review the game solely on its own merits, its story, graphics, gameplay, controls and taking no other part of the franchise into consideration. In this regard, Black Ops 2, like so many other Cod games, delivers with slick controls, fast paced addictive multiplayer, class customization and all the other hallmarks of a quality product. The campaign is still more of an add on, with the majority of the focus being placed upon multiplayer, and still retains the tradiontional linea, "clear a room move on" style of level design, interspersed with set pieces and vehicle sections. New steps have been taken with the addition of multiple endings based upon your choices, however this feature fails to actually add anything to the experience, at most just dragging you into a second playthrough if your curious about the different consequences of your actions. Top down RTS style side missions have also been added, yet the implementation here is poor, hampered by the AI being used by the soldiers and almost forcing you to take direct control over your forces if you want to progress, thankfully though these are options and can be avoided if you find them not to your tastes. The game therefore seems like a decent product, a polished, professional piece of AAA game design, but there is of course one other thing to consider.

The second way to review the game, and the one that overall I will be taking, is to look at it as part of the franchise as a whole. This sadly is where the game falls down. All of the points I've made thus far are valid, but the problem comes when you compare it to the other Call of Duty games, and realise that this is the exact same formulae that they perfected years ago. Set pieces, chases and other action sequences where you are basically forced to watch, your control reduced to panning the camera or what are essentially quick time events, still take you out of the action and reduce you to more of a bystander than an active participant. Missions are still linear, you clear a room of bad guys, move to the next one, rinse and repeat. The multiplayer may be fast paced and hectic, but its also once again the exact same format that has been served up for the last few years now, a few new game types are not the kind of innovation that should be expected when you reach this stage of a franchise. The maps are cramped, designed for solo players in mind and reinforcing the general veiw that this is in no way a team game. The new score streak system differs very little from the previous kill streaks, in some cases being even more unbalanced. One also has to question the logic behind rewarding the leading players with even more powerful and deadly weapons and abilites and further increasing their lead instead of providing these benefits to the losing team to enable them to close the gap and keep the game close, competitive and exciting. Its all designed around the unrealistic one man army approach taken in these games, which is what cultivates the negative attitudes of many of its online players, and whilst their behaviour is no fault of the games, activision, infinity ward and treyarch have never taken any great pains to make the online a more enjoyable, balanced or even fair place for its more reasonable players.

Call of Duty is guaranteed to sell, regardless of the changes they make, so you have to ask why the developers dont try something new, it feels more as if they churn out these almost identical clones out of either laziness or an actual inability to create something new. The changes, as seen here with the RTS segments, are poorly implemented and they make never have enough of an impact to drastically change the core experience, always altering the periferal, inconsequential things rather than risk any potential backlash for changing the game. After all who wants to be the guy that killed "the best selling franchise in gaming history"? The thing is, you cant kill it, year after year people will buy it, so take the chance, innovate, change it up. If people preffered the old version, they can play that game, if they want a new experience, give it to them. Black Ops 2 works as a game, its a great example of one, but it fails as part of a franchise, because yet again it brings very little to the table that the previous games have not already covered. If you want a good, solid, slick modern FPS, go play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or your preference from the heap of sequels it has. Just dont think this is going to be anything you havent seen before.
  38. Dec 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review is based on the multiplayer aspects of this game. The servers are horrendous. You will be migrating hosts much more frequently than any other COD game. The lag compensation is a joke. When two opposing players are fighting for a kill, you swear that you shot first and hit him 3 to 5 times. When you see the killcam, you only get one or two hits and the other guy gets off two or three shots on you and kills you instead. The maps are either too big, or way too small. Nuketown 2025 is a waste of development. It's the exact same layout as BO1. The spawning is ridiculous. Enemies spawn behind you so many times, or they spawn you in an enemies sights.

The variety of weapons are pathetic. The gun stats in BO2 are awful. I'm an assault rifle guy, and I could barely tell any difference at all using the fully automatic assault rifles other than firing rate and accuracy. What kills me is that the last assault rifle you unlock has only average gun stats. When I work my tail off to level up, I should be rewarded with a gun that kicks butt, not a gun that has middle to below average stats. Pistols and SMGs are overpowered. Light machine guns are terrible, and take an eternity to reload. Shotguns have ridiculous range for some reason. Sniper rifles should be banned from any future COD games. Grenades/Semtex work well, but Crossbows are still as annoying as ever. I don't like the fact that you can't remove arrows or Semtex you get stuck with if you realize it just in time. You're able to throw back grenades other people send at you, so why aren't you able to do this? When it tells you "Stuck", it might as well say "Bye Bye". Finally, the tomahawk and knife melee. If you include weapons that cause instant death in a video game, the death better make sense! The tomahawk shouldn't be an instant kill if it just hits you, especially if it's been thrown from over 50 feet away. I'm not a game designer, but even I know how obnoxious that is. If it hits you in the head, I can understand. The knife melee, a simple knife swipe to a player shouldn't mean instant death. Maybe give him a few seconds after getting swiped to stay alive before dying. Also, when I do the knife melee on someone directly in front of me, it almost always misses. On killcams, the knife melee sometimes looks like it's missing the target, but hits anyway, which is complete BS.

On to the Scorestreaks. Some of them are upgraded versions of what we already know. But, they got rid of the best part of BO1. I'm talking about if you didn't use your Killstreak reward before restarting a new Killstreak, it stacked up. I loved when I had 3 RC-XDs and used them all within a couple minutes. In this game, if you don't use your Scorestreak rewards and start a new one, you lose the rewards you previously had. Some Scorestreaks are extremely cheap, When a Lightning Strike Scorestreak is activated, you get no time at all to get to cover because the command lets you know almost right after the bombs drop. When a Napalm Strike killstreak is activated in BO1, you get a command and around 3 seconds to get to cover before it hits. In BO2, you're pretty much screwed when Lightning Strike is activated. Also, when Lightning Strike or Hellstorm Missiles are activated, sometimes even if you are indoors, it still kills you. Treyarch, you didn't program destructive environments in this game, so this shouldn't happen. The UAV has been severely nerfed, it's only up for barely 10 seconds, and is almost always destroyed by the opposition within about 5 seconds. The absolute worst Scorestreak is the attack dogs. Why is it when a dog jumps you it's instant death? Give the player a fighting chance when it jumps you to shake it off or knife melee it, but don't make it instant death. There are better options for Scorestreaks other than dogs. You know how in the loading screens, it says, "A well timed knife strike will kill an incoming attack dog"? With the knife melee almost useless now, it's nearly impossible.

The Perks, along with the Custom Class system have been changed for the worse. They have introduced Wild Cards which you can use to double up on Perks 1, 2, and 3, add another attachment to your primary weapon, etc. This would have been great, but there's just one problem, you can only have 10 items in a class, and the Wild Cards count towards your 10 items. What kind of sense does that make? The Wild Card isn't an actual item you carry! Also, you can only carry one type of lethal/tactical equipment, which is a downgrade from all the other games before this. You were able to carry grenades and claymores/bouncing betties before, why change now? The only good thing they did is that the Ghost Perk can make you invisible from UAV only when you're moving now. Stop releasing these games every year, Activision. Spend more than a year of development on it to iron out the problems to make this an experience to remember, and not one to throw out the window.
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    "CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money for a team who's patient on their release dates, and as no game is ever finished when released, the Dice team puts more effort into their games than the CoD franchise ever will, I'm putting my bets on BF4, and until it comes out, I'll be playing BF3. Expand
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    The game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stay as a rental. Expand
  41. Nov 14, 2012
    Please please do not listen to the people giving this game a score of 10. fan boys or not this game is absolutely embarrassing. I have taken it out of my hard Drive and it won't be going back on I nearly snapped the game disc in frustration shame on you treyarch shame on you. You should be ashamed of this game. For all the people saying don't listen to the 0 scores theirs a reason the community is rating this game 0 and that's because it is **** save your money ant your time avoid like the plague. Awfull. Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2012
    The game is really weak and repetitive. The campaing is awful full of cliches, and boring. The multiplayer is the same as Modern Warfare, Zombies is somewhat good, but I still prefer the Nazi Zombies of World at War. The new features suck since they only works in first world countries(since the rest don't have enough bandwich) and no one of my friends would want to watch me play Call of Duty, when they can saw games that takes skill like LoL, Starcraft, Halo or DoTA. The game is bad, and the same thing like the last year, but like with Pokemon people will buy this game just because is easy to play.
    Also graphically the game resolution is really really bad.
  43. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 equals Activision's copy and paste tactic just to make a yearly quick cash in. They ran Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero into the ground with the same tactic and they are doing the same with Call of Duty. Do not buy to send Activision a message that its not acceptable rehashing and rereleasing the same game yearly. Buy BF3 or Halo 4 instead.
  44. Nov 16, 2012
    . the game deserves a 1 but i gave it a 0 because of people who give this game a 10, so the user score will go up. so that is all i wanna say Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    Lol this game is just another COD, same as the rest of em, hope that activision goes out of business. If you have an xbox, invest your money in a better and go buy Halo 4.
  46. Nov 15, 2012
    I dont get why Activision keeps renaming their Single Player Campgain dlc ($10) and take 1 **** year to release a weapons/map patch, and why on earth is this patch $60.
  47. Nov 14, 2012
    OMG. what a joke. Why anyone would play this garbage over other current games like Halo4 or Battlefield is beyond me. This is just another boring rehash with LAME connections to multiplayer and stupid typical campaign. THIS IS 2012......WHERE THE HELL ARE THE DEDICATED SERVERS......SELL OUTS. And i find it amazing how many Users hate the game...but ALL the game sites LOVE IT. sellouts
  48. Nov 13, 2012
    Do not know why i wasted my money on this franchise again.
    Graphics are still **** gameplay is the same, campaign is still heavily scripted and very linear and the strike force missions are ALRIGHT at best

cannot wait for mw4 -.-
  49. Dec 17, 2012
    Absolute drivel. I can't believe I bought into this franchise again after MW3. This is a terrible incarnation, the time to kill is pretty much instant which little to no room for maneuverability. Boring! I miss BlOPs1 and MW2. Singleplayer not played.
  50. Nov 27, 2012
    This game tries to be Extreme, It fails & succeeds only at being extremely repetitive. Shoot Cutscene Shoot Cutscene. Call of Duty or Call of Doody either way it's the Same Ol $ H I T don't buy it flush this turd pressed to disk. I give this deuce a 2....
  51. Nov 13, 2012
    This is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from my friend, who hated it. I hate it too. **** you Treyarch & Infinity Ward, **** you Call of Duty, **** you fan boys, **** your copy-paste style of game development. Expand
  52. Nov 24, 2012
    Everyone who gives this a 10 is completly stupid, Open your eyes, Activision is just money milking everyone with the same gameplay and no innovation, Sure it's in a future setting, but does setting innovate when it has no atmosphere, of course not. It seems now that COD is beginning to gain so much money that the devlopers don't care if people start hating on it or not, just so long as all the eight year olds out there playing it will buy the next one their satisfied. The only thing that this game manages to do that is actually intresting is the several endings to the campagin, though I haven't passed the campagin, there are many people who have found multiple endings quite different from one another, but still other then that, this game is the same thing released 3 years ago a bit more shinyer and in a different setting. Expand
  53. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the worst game i have ever played, why did they ruin this series!!!!!!! I used to like it, MW3 was bad so i though this will be bettter but it wasn't, i'm sad, i i used to like this game series but now i hate, i really hate it with a passion, this game is bad, stop lying to yourselfs and go buy a real game.
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    I would assume 25% or less of customers buy this game for the campaign. I have not played it so my review is based completely on multiplayer and zombie mode. I have owned every COD game since COD 2, so my reviews are based on experience and comparision to past COD games. Graphics seem worse than past iterations and seem to have some kind of light filter glaze over everyting so you won't notice the cartoon like bulidings. Frame rate seems lower than other COD games. The lag in multiplayer is worse than MW3 (did not think it could be possible). 9 out of 10 times I die, its due to being shot around a corner ducking fire. I live in the midwest United States between Chicago and St. Louis which I ping less than 50ms to either one and have a 30m down and 6m upload so my connection is not the issue. I seem to be a second behind most players. Players with 3 bars seem to rule every game. Zombie mode is slow and lacks action. Seems like 50% of the time you are waiting for a bus to take you to another location. Nothing new or unique to either standard multiplayer or zombie mode. Game types, animations, buildings, and props seem to have been copied and pasted from MW3. I see nothing at all creative or new about this game. Seems like a step backwards from MW3 if that is even possible. I think the series peaked at MW2 and has gone downhill ever since. Activision is profiting off the name and giving us absolutely nothing for our money. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  55. Feb 17, 2013
    Basically the same as every other Call of Duty game, but half of it is set in the future. Too samey for me to give anything more than a 5. But I have to knock a point off for the fact it has been dumbed down to the point where anyone with half a brain can finish Veteran mode. Enjoyable for a few hours, but it's nothing you haven't played before. Developers are milking fans for all they're worth.
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    Big suprise here, same game as last year, and the year before, and the year before. It just feels so stale now. Not as disappointing as previous games, but only because I wasn't expecting much.
  57. Nov 13, 2012
    This franchise has not changed it fundamentals ever, just same old every year.
    Even as they make billions they spend nothing to improve the games, graphics are old, sound is bad, gameplay is just broken in today's market. 2012
    My last COD ever, fool me once...
  58. Feb 23, 2013
    I give this game a 4. The reasons are simple. The Campaign mode seems great, although I will admit I haven't gotten all the way through it yet. The main reason for my giving this game a 4 is Multiplayer. It's horrible. The hit detection sucks, I can not tell you how many times I've shot someone only to not have it count. Another reason is the damage system seems wholly inconsistent to me. For example: sometimes I can kill a person with 3 shots from a pistol, other times I empty the whole clip only to end up being killed by them whilst reloading. Keep in mind I'm getting hit indicators the whole time. Another reason is I have had many, many people just walk straight past my claymore mines without taking any damage (I watch the killcam). It's just not done well. I'd recommend the Original Doom over this game. Expand
  59. Apr 12, 2013
    The single player is easy on the highest difficulty but that isn't the reason you buy this game.
    The other mode zombies feels wrong where black ops 1 zombies was entertaining for an hour or two this zombies held my attention for all of 5 minutes.
    Multiplayer is riddled with annoying players, absolute noobs and MLG wannabes.
    Overall a terrible game.
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    Disappointment. The critics are raving about this, but I guess Activision has been paying this off because this game is absolute garbage. People will buy it anyways because they are sheep.
  61. Dec 23, 2012
    Good God, this game is just awful. These Call of Duty campaigns used to quite fun fun and exciting diversions, but this is just steaming pile of cowdung. Just an ugly, mean-spirited, pointless story full of idiots shooting at other idiots. Did I mention the violence is mean-spirited and nasty? It is. And the game even looks like it's five years old at times visually. When I think about the thrilling WWII campaigns that started this CoD series, and this godawful mess I just played through now, I don't know what it says about where we're at. And these games sell bajillions now. Way more than other games. People, man. Not the game we want, but probably the game we deserve. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a medicore cash cow over the years, shame. Expand
  63. Nov 16, 2012
    I will start of with a disclaimer saying that I am not a COD fanboy nor am I a COD hater. I bought an XBOX 360 exclusively for COD 4 5 Years ago. I have played every one since and enjoyed all of them (at least for a little while) up until Modern Warfare 3. I am giving this game a 4 out of 10 and will explain in depth why (unlike other fanboys and haters on here giving ignorant reviews). If you are on the fence about this game and whether or not to buy it then read this. I'll start off with the good. This game introduced the Pick 10 System which works well. It opens up a bounty of options for everyones unique play style. If you want 6 perks and a pistol then go for it. If you want a shotgun, rifle, and grenades go for it. There is a limit to what you can do, but the limit is set high. At 60 frames per second this game looks excellent. Graphics are cartoonish in a way, but it is consistent with the other COD gas compared to Battlefield 3. The guns look great, the soldiers look great, and it is just an excellent looking game. Along with the graphics is the sound mix. The guns sound like guns and the explosions sound like explosions. The sound is what really pulls you into the game. Other than the variety in load outs, graphics, and sound this game has big problems. First is the campers. Now I know every FPS has campers, but this game brings it to the next level. The maps are cluttered and filled with windows, corners, and barrels to hide behind. I have never been so frustrated with campers in any other COD game, or any other FPS game for that matter. And the fact that Ghost is not unlocked until level 55 just adds to that problem. You cannot hide from the overused UAVs. Next is the lag. In every other COD I could run and gun and beast. I have found in Black Ops 2 that when I run up on somebody and get the drop on them they can turn around and kill me. EVEN after they have been hit 2-3 times already. And if I meet up with somebody rounding a corner and I clearly get the first shot off, I die. In the kill cam I don't even fire a shot. It is very aggravating. I researched it and turned the "search preference" to "best" and I still have the problem. So, what ever is causing this needs to be fixed before I play again. The last this is the aim assist. Every console FPS has aim assist due to the inherent non-precise aiming that comes with joysticks. I have not had a problem with this until now. As I am trying to track a moving opponent or shoot a stationary opponent My reticle drifts off target to the right about 80% of the time. I tried to turn aim-assist off, but that is a pain in the ass. With these problems outweighing the good stuff I gave this game a 4 out of 10. Until these problems are fixed I am going to stick with MOH: Warfighter. Unlike the critics on this site I love the multiplayer. Expand
  64. Nov 24, 2012
    Okay. That's all that needs to be said about this game. This game was a big improvement from Black Ops 1, but still lacks the needs of a great shooter. The graphics are okay, gameplay is solid, same game modes, mediocre campaign, and a worse zombies mode. Mediocre underperforming game again by Treyarch, but not bad at all.
  65. Nov 17, 2012
    I imagine this game as a ''face-palm'' of the gaming industry world. What a failure. I don't see how any can enjoy this; it's literally the same thing as all other games with improved graphics and a couple of new, mainly aesthetic features. Why are we throwing money at something so terrible? We're only encouraging it.
  66. Dec 16, 2012
    Good: The game will load. Bad: Everything that follows from multiplayer, campaign, and zombies disappoints. I attempted over 3 weeks to reach activision. They kept not opening the call center because of the high call volume. Once I finally made it through, the questions pertaining to online play were insulting. I was informed the game has a lot of people and they were "surprised" by the amount of people playing. The rest was my being told my fiberoptic internet was to blame. But being booted from lobbies because of connection errors wasn't bad enough. There is a new protocol for those that quit games and are penalized by waiting in lobby for 5 minutes or more. So the result was their server boots you and then you get penalized because of their stability problems. Bullet lag is about 5-10 times what it was in MW3. Also, hit detection is not present. 3-5 shots with a sniper rifle as a headshot and then getting killed is frustrating. Or worse, you pull the trigger and the sniper rifle doesn't even fire. I attempted to give the game a month to be fixed and I ended up getting my reseller to give a full refund because of the numerous issues and documentation where Activision even said to go get a refund. Result: I did get my refund and will pass on Activision titles from now on. Don't be their unsuspecting pray and waste $60 on a title that doesn't deliver a fraction of what it promises. Zombies is fun for about an hour, then it gets old. Campaign also fails to hold the player attention. Halo 4 has a great story and the multiplayer is fun. I like COD multiplayer better, but it's too unreliable or unstable.

When i closed my ticket for support with Activision and informed their rude rep that I got a refund I was notified that my account was banned. I'm not sure if this was a punishment or not, but I find this is more of an accomplishment. Selling customers bad product is never acceptable.
  67. Feb 5, 2013
    this game kind sucks now. dont get me wrong I will still play it. Whenever I want to play a spray and kill type game. BO2 has become so reptitive, its starting to get boring. The single player missions were so short because Tryarch was just concentrated on the multiplayer. There is really nothing to it just be the first person to pull the trigger and you got yourself a kill. I still like playing it, but its time for a new way to play the game if that makes sense. Expand
  68. Mar 2, 2013
    I bought that game because I hoped to get something new and fresh, because the setting promised the game to be something new in a certain way, but the be honest, I got the exact oposite, that game is 10 times worse than CoD 4. The campaign feels like a B Movie and its boring.. .boring.. oh did I say it´s boring Ok, screw the campaign, multiplayer is what counts.. I thought !

Maps are
    extremely boring, very uninspired and there are hackers all the way.
    Guns are lame, sights with aiming helper, do I need to say more ?
    Graphics are way outdated and nothing special.
    Over all, that game feels like the 100st clone of the very bad MW 2, and isn´t worth more than 10 .
    I honestly give you the advice, to keep away from the piece of crap, play CoD 4 instead, the only good Modern Warfare that is around.
  69. Apr 16, 2013
    To summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It is sad when such franchise gets compared to Arma or Battlefield franchises, since it's the most pathetic copy paste game the developers made money on. So stop bloody buying it! Expand
  70. Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks to its yearly release schedule (six games in six years!) I personally now find it impossible to muster any sort of enthusiasm for new Call of Duty games. To be fair to developers Treyarch they have made more of an effort than usual to make changes to the well-trodden path walked by these titles but everything, from the scripted events during the campaign to the online multiplayer, that was once so fresh and new to console owners has all been done before. Black Ops 2 provides exactly what everyone would have expected and sales suggest plenty of people are still willing to buy each new version but I for one have no interest in purchasing new games in a series year on year when the formula was already virtually perfected back in 2007 with the first Modern Warfare. Collapse
  71. Nov 16, 2012
    I'm really disappointed in this game. The campaign is so-so at best. The multiplayer maps seem to favor those that like to wait in a dark corner or behind a half-wall. It's not terribly difficult to spawn trap the opposite team. (No matter the game type.) What has made it fun so far is playing with friends, but there are other games out there can do the same.
  72. Nov 13, 2012
    This game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to pay off Critics anyways, why not spend some more? Anyways, onto the gameplay review. Campaign is a nice short 4 hours, and I'm glad it's short because it was bad and I wanted to play multiplayer. Multiplayer maps feel crowded and junked up with unnecessary **** Love the futuristic design of the new guns, but unfortunately, they feel like the old guns. The new pick ten system and the new perk system are good. So far though, this game plays exactly like Warfighter and IGN gave Warfighter a 4. That must mean the zombies mode is so good that it gives BO2 5 more points. Now I haven't played zombies yet, because all my friends are asleep, so I'm going to leave this here with a rating of 4, but I'll come back and make this rating a 9 if zombies absolutely blows my mind with how **** amazing it is. It had better not disappoint or else I'll know IGN is a corrupt review site who gets paid off by Activision so they can sell more copies of CoD and I certainly hope that's not true. On a side note, this game will probably be played at MLG and IPL because of how easy it is. MLG and IPL have to have SC2 otherwise it would be a casualfest. Expand
  73. Dec 2, 2012
    If i had to sum up my feelings about this game in four words it would be "More of the same". The campaign is mediocre at best. The multiplayer is the same multiplayer you have played in the last 4 call of duty games. Yes, there are a few changes to the core systems but its not anything groundbreaking by any means. I've officially decided that i won't be purchasing any future call of duty games, the gaming industry right now is in desperate need of innovation. I'm getting incredibly sick and tired of seeing numbered sequels to everything. Expand
  74. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does nothing original. The multiplayer is the same rehashed crap that it's always been, the graphics wouldn't look out of place on a PS2, the campaign is a joke, and the zombies? 8 player co-op with campaign style missions? Resistance 2 did that three years ago.
  75. Nov 16, 2012
    I know what you are thinking Black ops 2 a COD game I've seen it all before, yeah that's what I thought too. So the newest entry in COD games is set in the 2020's and 1980's and 1970's, so the graphics are the same as in MW2, this game has nothing new to bring to the table, just good multiplayer, because thats what this was all about: Multiplayer and the Zombies, so I will if you are a fan the whole COD series you are pretty much gonna like this it's the same thing, but if you stopped playing COD after MW2 than you might not like this but if you don't like the whole COD than why bother you are gonna hate it, so I say Blops 2 deserves 2/10. Expand
  76. Nov 17, 2012
    That franchise is destroying the industry, stop buying it if you care about good games in the future, this cancer must be exterminated or there will be a day that all games will looks like it.
  77. Nov 17, 2012
    Derivative. That's all I can say of Call of Duty. It's a sad decline from the greatness of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A slow decay and entropy towards oblivion. It no longer became a shining sun it once was, no a crushing black hole for the FPS genre to slow die in. There's less "future" in it compared to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex. Only a few guns and vehicles are changed. The story line might as well been written by Michael Bay, even though they hired the writer for the Dark Knight. The fanbase and monetary transactions have become more and more cancerous, and I only see a cliff ahead for this speeding train. RIP COD, you will be remembered but not missed Expand
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    i am not accepting graphics from 2007 and a gameplay that reapeats the whole same crap for the 1000x time.

its not even like i PLAY a game? its auotaime, autoheal auto.... get me out of here...
  79. Nov 15, 2012
    Well.... I fell for it AGAIN. I've been playing Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3. It stopped getting good by Modern Warfare 2. This is what Call of Duty does. They play all these awesome trailers on YouTube and on TV, and you think.... "Well, I don't know if I want to get this game." And then around 2 weeks before the release date, they play the best trailer they got for their last sales pitch, and you really want the game. Okay, so I got the game Tuesday night and I hesitated to play it until yesterday. I beat the campaign last night, it sucked. Graphics were slightly improved, but it was typical COD style, no big problem there... The story was annoying. The whole future-istic crap is so over done. It felt generic and dumb. So, I played the multiplayer. Typical COD sh*t. Nothing changes but the maps and weapons, and people STILL hack the game so it ruins what little fun there is. I quit half way through a Team Deathmatch, because this was incredibly stupid. So I played zombies.... Fantastic stuff! It seems Call of Duty needs to release their own zombies installment instead of the same ole crap they spew at us every year. Zombies is the only thing they've gotten right. CALL OF DUTY, WE DON'T WANT A MODERN WARFARE 4 NEXT YEAR, WE DON'T WANT A BLACK OPS 3, WE WANT CALL OF DUTY: ZOMBIES. JUST A FULL GAME OF ZOMBIES. ZOMBIE MULTIPLAYER, ZOMBIE CAMPAIGN, ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Ugh. I would say I won't be buying next year's installment.... but I've said that since MW2. Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    I used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. These games only sell well because of their competitive nature, not because they are any fun. If you want to be competitive, go airsofting or paintballing. At least that way you will get some exercise. Expand
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    I am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will always be better regardless. Campaign is eh the usual. I just like Treyarch's Games for the Zombies sorry to tell you Simple Chart
    Multiplayer Singleplayer Other Gametype(Zombies/Spec Ops) -Infinity Ward -Infinity Ward -Treyarch
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    It's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of the idiots that still buys Call of Duty every year, go ahead and get this 60$ map pack. If you actually have a brain, don't buy this **** If you have never bought a call of duty game, just buy Black ops 1. It's the same game, but it's cheaper now. Until people put their foot down and say no to this bandwagon game, they'll keep releasing the same game every year just for your hard earned cash. Expand
  83. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't say we didn't all expect this. Basically the same game and graphics we saw in 2009. Hoped in a new beginning to a great series, but was just disappointed and out 60 bucks. This series has some great potential that is just wasted because of a greedy company looking to plunder your bank account.
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    Game is boring just like I was expecting. Went to my friends house to at least give it a try. Gameplay is boring. Graphics look exactly the same as Black Ops. Multiplayer is unbalanced. I have no clue how reviewers are saying the killstreaks are balanced. It actually seems worse than mw3. Do yourself the favor and don't buy the game. Buy Assassins Creed 3 or any game for that matter instead.
  85. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is worse than the first black ops mwf is were it's at black ops controls are jerky and not smooth like mwf. Black ops is unrealistic. They made it harder to earn kill streak packages it's just a horrible game all around wish I could get my money back
  86. Nov 16, 2012
    Easily the worst call of duty game to date. The campaign is meh. The story is boring and dull. But we all know no one cares about the story, people only care about multiplayer. And some how they managed to ruin that. Black ops was the best call of duty right next to call of duty 4. But they made it a modern warfare clone. There is no enjoyment in the multiplayer and it is full of bull **** moments that make the player rage. The connection issues are also a big downside, every game I've been in I constantly keep getting connection interrupted error and I know it's not from my side because every other game I play I don't get this. And earlier today I was playing and doing some what good and then all of a sudden a host migration and it kicks me out of the game and brings me to the main menu while every one else in the game is still playing. Over all the game is bad they did a terrible job and it is the worst call of duty. Expand
  87. Nov 16, 2012
    I give this a 0. I can not believe I paid 60 bucks for this. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is C rate at best, and story line is meh, the weapons choices not so great. Multiplayer really sucks, unless you live in your parents basement and drink monster all day, I like realism, this is far from it. A lot of the characters words are no lined up with there speech, and by the way, the graphics look the same as they did in 2009/2010. I am happy to say that this is the last COD game I will by, from now on battlefield and Medal of Honor games only for me, they are way better!

I also think someone should sue these people for providing a product full of errors for this price, did they test anything in this before releasing it? NOOO!!!!

This is on the PC for me.
  88. Nov 17, 2012
    This game does not deserve to be released. I would rather eat chicken nuggets without sour cream than playing this game, yes i said without sour cream. The game is a cancer to the gaming industry and that is all that needs to be said.
  89. Nov 19, 2012
    This is a review for multiplayer only. I have played every COD online since COD 2 and they have had some hits and misses but this one is an abomination. The maps are the worst in any game in the series so far. It seems like they have catered to the Nuketown crowd. Most of the maps are way too small. Carrier and Hijacked being the two worst of the new maps. Cargo, Meltdown, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff are just a little less worse than the first two I mentioned. The only half way decent maps are: Turbine, Overflow and Drone. At least those maps you can move 5 feet without getting shot in the back.

Lag is another huge problem. Is it lag compensation? I have no idea but something is definitely wrong.

The only good thing I can say about the multiplayer is the new "pick ten" feature in the "create a class" menu.

To sum up, I am thoroughly disappointed.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Droll,soulless,lackluster,unimaginative, All of these words describe Black Ops 2. Call of Duty has once again beaten me into believing they can do something different.
  91. Jan 5, 2013
    How many times a year can they release the same, generic FPS game for $60? This only goes to show that if you build up enough hype, people will buy any old crap. I think it's safe to say that if you want value for money these days, stay away from the big publishers like Activision and EA...
  92. Nov 14, 2012
    the game is so ugly, the campaign is so scripted, the weapons sounds so bad. the only things that works is the mp. but even the mp is boring as hell. i'll stick with cod mw 3.
  93. Nov 17, 2012
    My score is 4 out of 10. I'll star with the good points first ONLY for multiplayer : This Cod is fun for the fast-paced action and for the time a played to reach lvl 25 seems really balanced with the nes system of scorestreak it seems like there is less cheap streak weapons so the game feels more like a shooter game than a over the top explosing cheap war unbalanced mess like MW2 and MW3. Sounds are really great, they really improved on that. They new token equipment system with tokens are really well implemented too, it feels really more balanced and you have to make sacrifice to make your class more well rounded. Gameplay is as usual good and easy to pick up and play for casual gamers and feel rellay responsive like all call of duty, one of the strongest point of this serie.Now the bads... be ready : Graphics are OK but Treyarch clearly has a step back from Infinity Ward's games even MW2 looks better IMO than BO2. Assault Rifle's madness...damn it might be the weakess part of that game, assault rifle are very too powerfull ther is almost NO recoil at all with it so you can 'snipe' easily with long distant without no problem at all with the new scopes for zooming, you can even spray without fearing to be killed by a real sniper user, so frustrating for sniper users like me...I might not be the best sniper user in the world but I kinda did well in previous COD with it. The maps : They feel really blend and without being memorable at all and there are too many shadow corners for camper to just wait and have cheap kills... they tried to make it look like a medal of honor game and it fails at it seriously. The cheap hide head hitbox : In tis COD when you hide behind a barrel the opponent will have a hard time to kill you mostly if he uses an assault rifle or smg because there is almost no head hitbox from yours it's really not realistic you would not supposed to be able to fire from that point since the opponent don't even see the reste of your body... every cod is like that but that damn that one is VERY exagerated. The menu music : WHY please why....add some dubstep music in a COD wow?! really!? They really force to target kids smoking week and listening to that crappy music and only play cod and thinking it's a competetive shooter while it's not. The community : Well it's cod so you know what to think about it... The servers and online aspect : Ok for the launch it was a big time fail... always getting lag spike on the menu.. can't join with a party that exeeds more that 2 players, kicking out of game without reason, games try to find other player even if it's fully causing games to wait a really long time to start, loading for reconnecting to parties... THEY have to fix it quickly or people will stop playing it. That's much of it, IMO it's the worst COD yet I skipped MW3 cause it looked really bad thinking the next one would be improved but I was wrong and now this is the last time I bought a COD game, this serie is dead but it's sad because it will always make money from the hype and the kids who still think it's the best serie ever, the new FPS generation is very different but not for the good, brought the game back and bought BF3 and yet feels so refreshing compared to COD see you there for the people who have taste in FPS games! I hope the next COD will fail big time on sales, this is absolutly unnacceptable to release a recycled peace of crap with the engine runing for 5 YEARS! Macdonald's food sells well but doesn't mean that it's good but it gattered so much popularity and it's easy to buy and eat when you have nothing else, it's the same case with COD serie. R.I.P COD and Treyarch and Infinity enjoy the your money from the mcdonald's sold out I hope you like it! Expand
  94. Nov 17, 2012
    Just no. This is it. This is clearly the year that Game Critics are revealed to be the crooked bribe taking losers they really are. Just look at the users scores and how out of touch the critics scores are. This game is a blight on the COD franchise. Its just gone beyond a joke - its like Treyarch weren't even trying to come up with anything remotely grounded in reality. From gunfights on horseback to some very uncomfortable attempt at an RTS thrown into the middle of the game... this is just an all round no thankyou.

The graphics are also cartoonish and horrendous compared to the last Black Ops.

Granted that the multiplayer is fun for a short while - but it does NOTHING new whatsoever and once the initial buzz has worn off the player numbers will fall like flies.

This is the first COD I have hated to the core.
  95. Nov 13, 2012
    The games keep getting worse and worse. Bad graphics, more meaningless cutscene with more explosions. Just a couple of twist in game play and storyline. Guns feel the same its like am really playing a game for the PS2.
  96. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    Another re-hash. Every iteration seem's like an add-on/expansion. Nothing new or innovative about this series. It still uses the same graphics engine from 2007. The sound is sub-par compared to other games such as the Battlefield series.

Played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Call of duty has ruined this generation and probably future generation shooters because they lack zero innovation and follow the same Hollywood path of squeezing out sequels in order to generate as much profit as possible while giving absolutely nothing back to its fans. Go fudge yourself, Satan, for infiltrating my favorite medium and industrializing it like you have my country - no longer to be the art it once was. I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Expand
  99. Nov 16, 2012
    More of the same, weapons dosnt feel futuristic and the spawn system is horrible...also whats up with almost no hardcore modes ...COME ON!

Feels like more of the same and i cant believe i fell for it again!
  100. Nov 16, 2012
    Same COD... I am no fan boy and I have or had purchased the entire COD franchise, really after playing this intensely over the past couple of days I can honestly say I am so tired of the same graphics, there is no production really required for them to publish this over and over again. All they need to do is think of a name slap a half assed campaign in and copy the multi player over and charge another 60 bucks for it.
    I am tired of this... so tired, I thought this game might be the turning point but it seems that they just stick to the same game over and over again, slap a number on the end and advertise the **** out of the game. This will be my last COD (unless they actually go from square 1 and rebuild). Really there are other games out there being made by actual Production companies that are worth money where as this should be included in a cereal box.
  101. Jan 16, 2013