4.7

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Just a big disappointment. The story is nothing new and the online is broken in so many ways. As usual the story is as boring as ever and nothing exciting comes into play. The online is by far the worst of all the CoD series.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    After playing Ghosts this game is gold. Plus the engine doesnt make me feel like Im playing CoD 4. CoD 2 is better than Ghosts. 10/10 for a game that works.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    Great Game, im guessing the people giving out Zero's haven't even played it. Happens every year, for some reason alot of people get offended by a popular game and a company making money, i think thats what companies are supposed to do.

Anyway dont let these immature people deter you from buying it, lots of fun.
  4. Nov 15, 2012
    If you are a long time fan of the Call of Duty franchise I would advise you to stay away, Call of Duty has not been the same since Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops 2 is a just another turd dropped in the toilet of FPS turds.

Black Ops 2 is a giant mess of a game, not much has changed, and the things that were changed have very little impact on the actual gameplay/setting. Black Ops 2 boasts future warfare, yet I am still able to make a class based around knifing people and end up on the top of the leaderboards. The weapons have not changed much, there is very little recoil, the differences between an LMG and SMG is next to none. The best way to describe this game is if Medal of Honor and Black Ops had rough sex and this is bastard child of that one night stand. The token unlock system is nice, I enjoy sacrificing certain things for more perks, but none of that matters, because there is very little difference between the weapons. From what I have seen, once people reach a certain level, everyone choose the Microwaver thingy, and camps in a corner. I remember this game touting the fact that it is anti-camper, have you seen the blackest night shadows in the broad daylight levels, you are practically invisible. The maps are way too big, not enough players to fill the maps, and the game modes are tired/old. The achievement system compared to MW3's achievement system is like comparing a mongoloid to Einstein. Play this game if you enjoy looking at or making emblems of chick's buttholes, because that is all the craze with the kids these days.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    "CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money"CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money for a team who's patient on their release dates, and as no game is ever finished when released, the Dice team puts more effort into their games than the CoD franchise ever will, I'm putting my bets on BF4, and until it comes out, I'll be playing BF3. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    The game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stayThe game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stay as a rental. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 equals Activision's copy and paste tactic just to make a yearly quick cash in. They ran Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero into the ground with the same tactic and they are doing the same with Call of Duty. Do not buy to send Activision a message that its not acceptable rehashing and rereleasing the same game yearly. Buy BF3 or Halo 4 instead.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    I am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will alwaysI am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will always be better regardless. Campaign is eh the usual. I just like Treyarch's Games for the Zombies sorry to tell you Simple Chart
    Multiplayer Singleplayer Other Gametype(Zombies/Spec Ops) -Infinity Ward -Infinity Ward -Treyarch
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    People, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for thePeople, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for the sake of hating. Expand
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    GOOD REVIEW: All these user reviews are ridiculous, this is a great game. All these countless comments saying "Bad campaign, bad zombies, bad multiplayer" truly are just hating on the series. Call of Duty games feel the same, that's a given! Want a new game that doesn't play like a CoD game? Buy Warfighter and see how satisfied you are. The game flourishes off of its simplistic controlsGOOD REVIEW: All these user reviews are ridiculous, this is a great game. All these countless comments saying "Bad campaign, bad zombies, bad multiplayer" truly are just hating on the series. Call of Duty games feel the same, that's a given! Want a new game that doesn't play like a CoD game? Buy Warfighter and see how satisfied you are. The game flourishes off of its simplistic controls and addicting gameplay, why mess with the secret formula? The multiplayer in my opinion is most comparable (gun play wise) to CoD 4. The hit boxes are much cleaner, so kills are quick, but shots have to be on target. People say its the same old game, this is far from the truth. The multiplayer is built from the ground up (obviously keeping the same feel and inevitable game modes/menus and such). No longer is it just another game where guns my look different but play the same (EX: Famas [MW2] Type 95 [MW3]). There is plenty of variety, from a burst fire-high cyclic rate SMGs, to LMGs that steady during sustained fire, to guns with different trigger sensitivity, to 4 burst and 2 burst assault rifles. The game has changed. Maps are colorful and through playing can remind you of maps from every CoD game. The entire multiplayer menu system is revamped and awesome, the Pick 10 changes gameplay drastically. Single player is what you would expect with any CoD game (frankly who buys CoD for single player?) . Zombies is awesome, playing a game of TranZit you could leave and join session with your friends, and the gameplay is addicting. But what it all comes down to is the multiplayer. It's impossible to give it a true review on 2 days, just look how the tone of MW3 changed after release, but from what I have seen, and after playing every CoD game since Finest Hour I can tell you if you are a CoD fan, or a video game fan in general, then you won't be disappointed. I feel like people want to hate CoD, that's what these user reviews are. It's embarrassing, we buy the game, we play it, if you can't tell me the countless hours you will spend on this game isn't worth even 5/10 from your angry mind then you don't know what a good video game is. I made this account just so people would know the truth, don't listen to these spammers playing devils advocate, they are just pissing and moaning a classic rant about the repetitiveness of a series. I'm pretty positive we all saw this coming, the formula doesn't change, and it shouldn't. I want CoD to feel like CoD and in that respect this game succeeds in holding true to its name, but breaking more barriers then let's say, MW3. If you want a game with engaging multiplayer you will have a hard time putting down, a singles later campaign not afraid to take risks, and a zombies mode destined to keep you up till 3 am dead-bolted to the screen then this is a game you should get. But don't take it from me, take it from some of the other user reviews who's history show them copy and pasting the same review to different games.. Talk about in depth Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Online is a blast zombies better than ever, a great change of pace. If you love the series you'll defiantly love this entry. Haven't delved into the campaign but we know what we're here for.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    This franchise has not changed it fundamentals ever, just same old every year.
    Even as they make billions they spend nothing to improve the games, graphics are old, sound is bad, gameplay is just broken in today's market. 2012
    My last COD ever, fool me once...
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    BLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially theBLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially the Afgan mission]. However, the top-down special forces missions are really not memorable and they are kinda difficult to use. Its also a little frusterating making those mission what determines if you get a good or bad ending. but whatever, its peanuts.

Mutliplayer is just the same stuff you are used to. Still tons of fun and addicting [everything feels more balanced] and kill streaks seem more reasonable. Maps arent all that great however. And the pistol as a secondary is ACTUALLY USEFUL for once. What I mean by that is just that pistols previously were decent in the campaign but always useless against players online. You always seemed really impervious to pistols and its nice to have a backup weapon that actually does damage that isnt a machine pistol.
    ZOMBIES: fun, addicting, and has a ton of eastereggs or little secrets you can unlock. The Bad? some annoying bugs, really difficult if you dont know what you are doing or what to do in Tranzit [not self explanatory]. The characters you are playing are also not memorable and have [from what it seems] less quips and lines than the previous games. They repeat the same thing over and over again to the point its noticable the first time you play it. Also, the bus idea is really cool and fun, BUT its there you can fall out of the map and die inexplicably, also, they shouldve turned collision off in the bus. Super and I mean SUPER FRIGGIN ANNOYING to have 4 people on a bus that is the size of a tin can. is it defensible? kinda yeah, but almost impossible later one due to the fact that eveyrone is getting stuck on everyone and cant shoot straight. However, long story short, its still a really fun game mode to play [PLEASE FIX THIS BY PATCHING THIS TREYARCH! :)]

Overall, its more of the same, and thats not really a bad thing. Graphics are outdated though but thats really just a minor annoyance]
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    Another re-hash. Every iteration seem's like an add-on/expansion. Nothing new or innovative about this series. It still uses the same graphics engine from 2007. The sound is sub-par compared to other games such as the Battlefield series.

Played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    This may be the best game in the series. If not, then it is definitely up there. The campaign is well constructed with an added feature to customize your load-out before each mission starts and new strike force mission give some variety to the story. Multiplayer is now very creative with many new possibilities for class set-ups. There is much more variety in the game now. It may not beThis may be the best game in the series. If not, then it is definitely up there. The campaign is well constructed with an added feature to customize your load-out before each mission starts and new strike force mission give some variety to the story. Multiplayer is now very creative with many new possibilities for class set-ups. There is much more variety in the game now. It may not be perfect, but it is a start. I am sure that the next game in the series will expand this further. This has been the most enjoyable fps I have played this year. A lot of time and effort was put into making this game what it is. Respect the people that made it and don't hate because it is "just another CoD game". Two years of development were put into this game and it has not disappointed me at all. I had high expectations for this game and lack Ops 2 surpassed them. Congrats and thank you Treyarch for making such a wonderful game. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Taking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly oneTaking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly one of the best, if not the best story to date in Call Of Duty history, considering they did get David S. Goyer, the co-writer of The Batman trilogy by Christopher Nolan, to write the script. Sure it's got the same intense, "everything blows up" parts, but it's got a kind of quieter side to it, and that's the part that really just gets you. Also, the choices you are allowed to make throughout the campaign that can affect the story dramatically are a nice edition. Of course, one thing that does bother me is the Strike Force missions, when the bots basically go "full-retard" and not do much. In other words, they're just dummies there that you have to control for virtually the entirety of the missions. MY CAMPAIGN SCORE: 8.5 / 10. Now on to the multiplayer that most everyone normally seems to buy the game for. Sure, it's the same basic gameplay from just about every other Call of Duty game out there: shoot to kill or play the objective. However, the new futuristic set-up(weapons, score streaks, and other new "upgrades") along with new modes are fun to play with. Sure there are glitches here and there that can potentially eff up the game, but doesn't just about every game have that? Nothing is perfect, but the still intense, fast-paced gameplay is always something to look forward to in my opinion. MY MULTIPLAYER SCORE 8.5-9 / 10. Now for zombies, which seems or seemed like the most positive thing that the general public looked forward to. With a different set-up of the look and feel for the mode, the zombies mode has definitely been improved in some aspects. The new "Grief" mode in which two teams of 4 face off to see which team can survive longer is definitely something to look forward to if you enjoy playing zombies whilst "trolling" other people. However, nothing seems too different besides just a few added things and different weapons. However, it still is a fun aspect of the game and always fun to play(with friends especially). MY ZOMBIES SCORES: 7.5-8/10. Hope this review helps if you are even slightly interested in buying it. I would suggest it, definitely, since it is probably one of the better Call of Duty game in the series overall. Expand
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself.Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself. See the rest of you guys online! Expand
  19. Nov 14, 2012
    This game comes with a whole new world of call of duty we have never seen before with new zombies to the campaign based in the future and now my favorite part the multiplayer which to me is the best part of the game although it isn't the best call of duty it is still a must get.
  20. Nov 16, 2012
    First I want to say that the game has only been out for 3 days and people are saying that this is the worst COD yet? They are complaining about connection problems? The game is going to be hard to deal with at first, 1 million copies were sold on launch days so the servers are packed. This is the same problem that happened with MW3. Give it a week or two. In my opinion I think this is theFirst I want to say that the game has only been out for 3 days and people are saying that this is the worst COD yet? They are complaining about connection problems? The game is going to be hard to deal with at first, 1 million copies were sold on launch days so the servers are packed. This is the same problem that happened with MW3. Give it a week or two. In my opinion I think this is the best of the COD series. I think it is really diverse from the other COD games. People are pissed because they have to do some work for a change in the game. Not just go around and get kill so you can level up faster. This game is more team based not rush and hope you get a lot of kills by the end of the game so you can level up a bunch. So for all the haters calm down and wait for a few patches and wait for them to fix up on the servers. The game is great or they would not have made $500 million. If you don't like the game go sell it or give it to someone that doesn't have it and your problems will go away. Don't just complain and say that the game sucks and that its the worst one. People put a lot of time and money into this game give them some credit where it is due. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    I don't understand why so many people rates this game with a 0. You don't like the game? OK, but please, be a little more serious. Not even Superman for N64 deserves a 0...
  22. Nov 14, 2012
    The is the best of the Call of duty Games in the franchise. Brilliant story line the best multiplayer around. Zombies is also another nice edition offering some of the best maps so far as well as the new transit mode. Overall this is an epic game that deserves praise for changing the series more than the any other call of duty games apart from Call of duty 4.
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    Buying Black Ops 2 is like buying a burger that has some sort of "add on" that makes it seem tastier. E.g. burger with added hot spicy onion rings or some special sauce.

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks..... Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks.....

Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down and fight enemies in close quarter combat ? or be a sniper and support your allies?)

A good attempt at being innovative. Robots, future tech.... meh.................

Graphics- No changes

Multiplayer- Same thing

Zombies: Yeah, I admit this is better than Black Ops and fun with friends, but still.... meh

But at the end of the day, this is my opinion so don't be hating on me

Although I applaud Black Ops 2's marketing campaign of getting all these celebrities in one promo video, so that was good
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    i think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...noti think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...not true. quickscoping would remain..i've yet to be quickscoped and in previous games that happened all the time. there was supposed to be a way to play sniperless games..not true. this game was supposed to reward objective oriented players. what a joke that is. they take away the support streaks and the rewards for playing the objectives is much less than in mwf but the risk is greater. case in point, hardpoint which appears to be drop zone is actually more like team defender. as long as you hold a point you get a 25 percent increase to the kills you make. well, in team defender it was 100 percent. so the objective is 1/4 as rewarding now (in regards to personal points).camping was supposed to be almost eliminated due to changes. you'd have to be on the move to be invisible from uav with the right perks. well, try keeping a uav in the air. it's usually there for about 3 seconds. so in turn, camping is every bit as rampant as ever. i think it's actually a bigger problem now. i'm an objective oriented player and i'll never be the slayer some are. i have zero reason to ever play this again. there simply isn't a mode on here that i can't swap for a more rewarding mode on mwf3. to me, treyarch either deliberately leaked bad info or allowed bad info out there. a clear cut explanation of what would be in and out of the game would have fixed that. it very much shows that they were scared some people would stay away if they were truthful. i'll never spend another penny on another treyarch or activision product. the game looks very good and sounds good. i think the aiming is much simpler and less jerky than mwf3. it is smooth that way and plays well. but i don't understand why they create maps where there simply aren't many jumps. in most mwf3 maps there are numerous spots where you have to know the game and have to discover ways to get up on things and sometimes get an advantage. treyarch does so little of that. that's actually a lot of the appeal, knowing the game and knowing little secrets. with how treyarch designs their maps it's like 2 teams playing paintball in a frickin hallway. the terrain needs to be somewhat interactive. but there is very little of that in comparison. i like the idea of league play but i'm not going to waste my time seeing how good or bad i am at a lousy game. i can't even force myself to play this stupid game anymore. there are a lot of good things with it. if you are a good non sniper slayer type that has little intention to play the objective, this is the game for you. but as it is at this very moment i have no intention to waste another moment playing this crap. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2012
    The hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot ofThe hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot of internet users buy this) zombies, I'll be honest this is why I gave this a 10 because it's just too awesome this time around. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    This is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from myThis is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from my friend, who hated it. I hate it too. **** you Treyarch & Infinity Ward, **** you Call of Duty, **** you fan boys, **** your copy-paste style of game development. Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the worst game i have ever played, why did they ruin this series!!!!!!! I used to like it, MW3 was bad so i though this will be bettter but it wasn't, i'm sad, i i used to like this game series but now i hate, i really hate it with a passion, this game is bad, stop lying to yourselfs and go buy a real game.
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    I am so sick of hearing people whine about COD games! Why do people say they waited in line and were so excited about the game, then say oh it's just the same old crap and its boring and the AI sucks and blah blah. It's COD people! you know what you're getting before you even buy the game, so dont **** about how you just wasted $60, trolls!!! It still remains one of the best FPS in historyI am so sick of hearing people whine about COD games! Why do people say they waited in line and were so excited about the game, then say oh it's just the same old crap and its boring and the AI sucks and blah blah. It's COD people! you know what you're getting before you even buy the game, so dont **** about how you just wasted $60, trolls!!! It still remains one of the best FPS in history and a great online multiplayer experience. If you don't like what's popular simply because it's popular, then go listen to your underground techno music and leave us be. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    "No differences," people who haven't played this game will say that. Single-player has at least three different endings (that I know of), it involves choices, not many, but it tries to change the linear feeling of ALL fps games. The campaign also INTRODUCED strike force missions, I have to admit it was poorly executed, in my opinion, but it introduces strategy to the campaign of COD. The"No differences," people who haven't played this game will say that. Single-player has at least three different endings (that I know of), it involves choices, not many, but it tries to change the linear feeling of ALL fps games. The campaign also INTRODUCED strike force missions, I have to admit it was poorly executed, in my opinion, but it introduces strategy to the campaign of COD. The campaign allows you to choose your own gun for each mission, small detail, but it helps. Yes, if you are a marathon video game player, the game does get boring, but all games do. Zombies also changed a lot, no need to go into that area, mostly because I haven't played zombies a whole bunch: multiple pack-a-punch uses, the work bench thing, other stuff. Multi-player introduces a new "Pick-ten" system (weapon loadout), a new sensitivity system, a different feel (for me), Pointstreaks, camping "restrictions," etc. The sounds are magnificent, they also help throw you into the game, I loved the colors of the game, I feel like they did a good job. Graphics aren't the best, but the game runs at an average of 60 frames per second, so don't complain; by the way who cares about graphics, I grew up with crappy graphics for games, so I see that the game play is what matters; for my experience to this point, I find the game to be amazing, one of the best COD's, I don't want to say "since COD 4" because that just makes me sound like a kid who has never played COD before, even though I played all since COD 2. If you are on the edge to buy it, go to amazon and wait for used games to pop up, they are usually at an extremely lowered price, I find that it is worth spending $60 on it, it is a fun game, the campaign, the multiplayer..... and the zombies (fingers crossed.) People mostly rate 0's because they haven't played the game, they just want to troll, so if you want a better and more honest review, go to youtube and watch "First Impression" videos from some commentators, and find the good and bad things in the game. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    i am not accepting graphics from 2007 and a gameplay that reapeats the whole same crap for the 1000x time.

its not even like i PLAY a game? its auotaime, autoheal auto.... get me out of here...
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    It's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of theIt's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of the idiots that still buys Call of Duty every year, go ahead and get this 60$ map pack. If you actually have a brain, don't buy this **** If you have never bought a call of duty game, just buy Black ops 1. It's the same game, but it's cheaper now. Until people put their foot down and say no to this bandwagon game, they'll keep releasing the same game every year just for your hard earned cash. Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is a good game period. Everyone is judging it on being the same as the older versions. If this rating system was to be this way any sports game should all have a 1. Assassins Creed 3 should have like a 2. Halo should have a 1 as well. If you dont like Black Ops 2 then thats fine but you should have more of a reason than that its like the other games in the franchise. If youBlack Ops 2 is a good game period. Everyone is judging it on being the same as the older versions. If this rating system was to be this way any sports game should all have a 1. Assassins Creed 3 should have like a 2. Halo should have a 1 as well. If you dont like Black Ops 2 then thats fine but you should have more of a reason than that its like the other games in the franchise. If you insist on comparing them, you shouldnt compare it to Modern Warfare because they are from complete different developers. If anything you can compare it to WAW and BLOPS, its a pretty good game. You can tell that Treyarch tries to make a great game and and overall the suceed. Expand
  33. Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, I guess we now know where all the COD haters congregate. A user score hovering around 4.2 is complete and utter BS. This game is through and through fantastic. To all those saying that nothing has changed, what rock have you been hiding under? With the implementation of the Pick 10 system and scorestreaks this completely changes the game going forward. Those are only two of the manyWow, I guess we now know where all the COD haters congregate. A user score hovering around 4.2 is complete and utter BS. This game is through and through fantastic. To all those saying that nothing has changed, what rock have you been hiding under? With the implementation of the Pick 10 system and scorestreaks this completely changes the game going forward. Those are only two of the many changes that the franchise needed and made. I'm giving this a 10 out of 10 not to skew the ratings but rather because it deserves that rating. This is the best fps game on XBOX 360 (right there with Halo 4) that we are going to get. Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    A massive disappointment, barely any better than Modern Warfare 3. How anyone can rate the same game a 9/10 is beyond me. Halo 4 is the only answer left in the FPS genre, don't be a casual, buy Halo 4.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    Way too many haters trying to bring down the user rating. Just look at their profiles and you'll see. Idiots like VidsRule,LoLthe Owl,Azazel1911 aand more are just tryimmg to bring the score down. Do you really think these loser haters have the $ to buy BLOPS2 on every system? Be smart not like them
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    It seems like these people are just sick of call of duty. Go play other games then. Lol stop disliking it because your 13 and you can't play it. Grow Up I enjoyed the game
  37. Nov 15, 2012
    -4 player split screen zombies
    -score streaks are awesome
    -balls
  38. Nov 18, 2012
    People voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the TreyarchPeople voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the Treyarch series is always original, engrossing and addictive. If Battlefield sold as much as Call of Duty, would you hate that franchise too? My gut instinct is yes. Success brings haters. But thank god the non-trolls out number the trolls by roughly 220:50. Check the sales, compare it to the hating trolls giving it 1' and 2's. I rest my case. Expand
  39. Nov 18, 2012
    greatest shooting game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    Black Ops II is the classic Call of Duty blue print at its best, with new ideas that only bring a positive experience for us gamers. The new game features involving drone warfare, the high tech but still possible weaponry and the attention to detail in the believably futuristic world of Blacks Op II brings an awesome Fps shooter to our game library.
  41. Nov 14, 2012
    Can't believe all of the zeros. I'm writing this review based on the multiplayer alone. Its great. Everything I love about cod multi player plus the inclusion of new modes , the new pick 10 system new weapons perks and score streak instead of killstreak (so players will actually help in objective based games instead of trying to rack up a high kd ratio) are all awesome. I'm guessing mostCan't believe all of the zeros. I'm writing this review based on the multiplayer alone. Its great. Everything I love about cod multi player plus the inclusion of new modes , the new pick 10 system new weapons perks and score streak instead of killstreak (so players will actually help in objective based games instead of trying to rack up a high kd ratio) are all awesome. I'm guessing most of these zero ratings have not purchased nor played the game and claim its the same old cod. Its not. And whatever happened to the saying if it aint broke don't fix it. The game looks great, handles great injects new life into a franchise that was getting stale with the last installment. I'm just waiting for the inevitable exclusion of a campaign and the cod franchise to give people what they really want and thats more multiplayer. Way more. Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2012
    The game is honestly a lot of fun. The graphics look a little outdated; but the engine runs smooth at 60 fps. As good as Medal of Honor and BF3 looks, it sometimes drops as low as 15 fps. In comparison, I'd prefer consistency over the "wow factor. "The gameplay is crisp and the new format for score-streaks and weapon load-outs provide a new value to the game.
  43. Dec 9, 2012
    Let me just start by saying this could possibly be the funnest Call of Duty I've played. Treyarch takes risks and brings the franchise in new directions with every release of their CoDs. Single player has great replayablility with it's ability to branch the story line and bring new results with every playthrough. The "Strike Force Missions" leave a bit to be desired but I found them to beLet me just start by saying this could possibly be the funnest Call of Duty I've played. Treyarch takes risks and brings the franchise in new directions with every release of their CoDs. Single player has great replayablility with it's ability to branch the story line and bring new results with every playthrough. The "Strike Force Missions" leave a bit to be desired but I found them to be engaging and perfect for breaking out of the gameplay rut. The story itself is quite dynamic, as it jumps you back to vietnam in some cases, but the majority of the campaign takes place in the tech-ridden world of the future. The story revolves around said technology; giving you many cool gadgets and weapons at your disposable, increasing the interest factor. The only thing that bothers me about the single player is the ending, other than that, everything in the story is great.
    The multiplayer, now this is quite the jump from other CoD's, ranking up feels the most rewarding as you get clear insights on your unlocks and can immediately equip said unlocks immediately after the game is done. The create-a-class system is very streamlined and boundless. Never before have I had fun creating a class quite like this, not to mention all the new attachments and guns that come with the game are unique and fun to use. Balancing wise, Treyarch did their best by making gun perks solely the effect of gun attachments and nothing more. No more last stand, no more "doubling up" perks and attachments to get an overpowered piece of warfare, it's all accounted for in the "pick 10" system, which I think is genius in it's own right. "scorestreaks" are a bit of a spin from "pointstreaks" from MW3, but used correctly. With this system you get points for your next scorestreak from doing just about anything to help your team. The ratio of points is determined by how well you execute the actions, and much they help the team in team-based game modes. The multiplayer is near perfect in my view.
    Theater mode, now this stunned me by how integrated and versatile this mode is. Instead of just viewing past games, it gives you the ability to create automated highlight reels, edit films together with clips from a game, use the "CoDCaster" screen to view the game like some sports game you would watch on TV, all these are fun and useful tools when creating brag clips to show to your friends using the file share. It may be a repeat of Halo's file share system, but in my opinion, better.
    After seeing all these negative reviews on this game, I'm left with a bit of confusion in my conscious, but like every game, it's not for everyone. Watch some YouTube videos, rent it or watch a friend play so you can make your own judgement on whether or not to purchase this game. Personally, I have no guilt or buyer's remorse for buying this game, so give it a shot with great expectations.
  44. Nov 15, 2012
    A miserable excuse for a sequel let alone a full game. This is more like a overly priced DLC expansion pack. Completely no innovation compared to other games this year. It's campaign is repetitive and suffers from the same world war military shooter "been there done that" shooter syndrome. It's Multiplayer is no different, a copy and pasted rushed Modern warfare 3 multiplayer with theA miserable excuse for a sequel let alone a full game. This is more like a overly priced DLC expansion pack. Completely no innovation compared to other games this year. It's campaign is repetitive and suffers from the same world war military shooter "been there done that" shooter syndrome. It's Multiplayer is no different, a copy and pasted rushed Modern warfare 3 multiplayer with the slightest tweaks that leave this game with completely nothing new to offer but a dent in your wallet for the same 'copy and pasted' non-innovative online experience that leaves us bored and swapping game disc's almost immediately after playing this re-hashed 'expansion pack'. A certain waste of my money and will be trading this game in on my next stop to my local Game shop. Expand
  45. Nov 15, 2012
    Let's be honest. Most people giving this game a bad score haven't even played the game. It's the popular thing to do these days. Any gamer worth his or her salt isn't going to judge a game like that without playing it. That said, who the heck is going to buy the new Call of Duty expecting anything other than what it is? The developer, Trearch, deserves more respect and recognition thatLet's be honest. Most people giving this game a bad score haven't even played the game. It's the popular thing to do these days. Any gamer worth his or her salt isn't going to judge a game like that without playing it. That said, who the heck is going to buy the new Call of Duty expecting anything other than what it is? The developer, Trearch, deserves more respect and recognition that this. They busted their hump after the MW3 fiasco last year (a separate developer btw) to bring innovation to the CoD franchises while not changing too much so that it wouldn't be recognizable. They brought major changes too the campaign, multiplayer and their signature Zombies mode. This internet cred/score/thing is getting ridiculous. Expand
  46. Dec 17, 2012
    Im giving this game a zero because this franchise needs to simply die like right now it's destroying gaming as we speak. every studio wants their game to be like COD so they can just churn some cheap rehash every year and rake in billions. Example Resident evil 6 clearly said there is no place for survival horror
    in todays market. run and gun fps games all thnx to COD. another example MOH
    in todays market. run and gun fps games all thnx to COD. another example MOH clearly a COD ripoff with it's newly found killstreak system it used to not be like that but now it is. even Halo 4 to a small extent have COD elements in it.
  47. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a great sequel to Black Ops! Surprisingly tight campaign (something MOH games keep missing) with a great narrative, and great levels. Easily my favorite, and much better than MW3. Multiplayer is good as usual. Definitely worth the buy!
  48. Nov 14, 2012
    It's quite funny looking at people's review history and seeing them giving every Call of Duty a Zero and every Halo a Ten. If you don't like CoD, fine, just leave it to the people who do like it.

This is probably the best CoD since MW2, although I seem much worse at the MP compared to the other ones for some reason.
  49. Nov 16, 2012
    i am a halo fan boy who hates cod but since everyone on my friends list has this, i bought it to amd heres an honest review.
    Multiplayer: 7/10 not that good its like all old cods but its improving and its fun
    Zombies: 10/10 Fun and amazing u will have a blast on tranzit
    Campaign: not played yet (will update when played)
    so you see you guys Bo2 isnt that bad.... zombies is amazing
  50. Dec 2, 2012
    I must say. I do like the Game. I Think Over All - It is one of the Best COD's. Graphics, Thumbs Up
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up New Features - Thumbs Up (The 10 Point System for MP and the RTS Element (StrikeForce) Theatre Features and Integrating YouTube But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up
    Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up

But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A High Score

MP Spawning is The Same as Always - I love when 1 sec after I spawn in I get killed by A Killer Drown or an explosive that obviously was in motion before I was spawned in there.

The Graphics is the Same Engine but looks just as good! (Still only one disc, no hi res pack!)

No dedicated servers, I never get the Migrating Host message in MOH.

Yet, I can be fair and give Black Ops 2 an 8 - for it is a good game! So is MOH Warfighter, just a different type of FPS!

Metacritic is Loosing (actually all the Reviewing Sites are starting to loose) their ability to offer a good way to check if buying a game would be a good choice. I have found going to YouTube and searching for a GamePlay video helps me a whole lot more than any none Video Supported Reviews I get.
  51. Nov 13, 2012
    Until they make a long campaign I will continue to give 0's on every edition they release. I've been patient since the first modern warfare but we're still getting these 3 hour campaigns. I WANT MY MONEYS WORTH!!! Multiplayer doesn't take any thought:just slap on a couple levels together, some perks, guns, and you'll please the lemmings.
  52. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm almost 100% sure that most of the people who rated this game poorly haven't played it, or probably played it with a friend for maybe 20 minutes. This game brings MUCH needed changes to the series, in the Single Player, Multiplayer AND Co-Op modes. Each of these modes are almost perfectly executed (Besides minor server problems, and some missions in the campaign being a little strange).I'm almost 100% sure that most of the people who rated this game poorly haven't played it, or probably played it with a friend for maybe 20 minutes. This game brings MUCH needed changes to the series, in the Single Player, Multiplayer AND Co-Op modes. Each of these modes are almost perfectly executed (Besides minor server problems, and some missions in the campaign being a little strange). I really don't see how this is the same Call of Duty "As all the others after the first Modern Warfare". Treyarch brings in a completely different create a class system, a multiple path campaign and THE best co-op mode ever created. I will agree that the story was not nearly as good as Black Ops 1, but it is MUCH MUCH better than CoD 4s and MW2s. I was NOT a fan of Call of Duty 4, MW2 and MW3. I personally love anything that Treyarch has made so far, and the mindless hate just toward the Call of Duty title really makes me upset. I could go on and on about what great things this game has, but I will agree that it is not perfect. But it is FAR superior to any FPS that has came out so far this year, and is probably the 2nd best Call of Duty in the series. But oh well, the mindless gaming hipsters will continue giving mainstream games low scores in hopes of "taking down the corporations, man". Go back to playing your boring as hell Borderlands and your various other **** indie games. Stop giving these games mindlessly bad reviews, it's super obvious when you haven't played it either. Expand
  53. Nov 15, 2012
    Love halo kilzone cod borderlands, been playing games 20 years black ops 2 ticks all the boxes,extensive options and modes. great bot mode for checking out all the toys, good fun, is as serious a shooter as YOU want it to be. Highly recommended
  54. Nov 15, 2012
    This is one of the best action game ever, and I thing best action game on current gen. It seams that's another one CoD game game, but it something big, something serious and it HAS a really good storyline.
  55. Nov 16, 2012
    I perhaps wouldn't be giving this a 10 if it weren't for all the people who presumably haven't even played the game rating it 0, but anyway here's my review:
    Campaign is good, follows the same narrative style of the original Black Ops, which i think is a really nice feature, however strike force missions are definitely a let down. They're more Real Time Strategy game than First Person Shooter and a poor one at that, very unintuitive.
    Multiplayer though is the best in the series, with the new "Pick 10" system and balanced weapons, making it more about skill rather than what gun you have. The new "combat training" lobbies allow new users to get used to the game, in 1/2 XP games, deterring the veterans. The new league play is a better ranking system than the regular leaderboards, with thew choice of everything in create-a-class, and subdivisions make it easy to compare league spots.
    Zombies are decent, the "zombies campaign" promised turn out to be Tranzit, making it a bit of a disappointment, but Tranzit is still a fun mode to play. The new maps are a little difficult to navigate round at first due to all the fog and low-light but once you've got used to it, then its more enjoyable.
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    i see all kids crying and grip about why this game is so low rate.. its simple this game sucks balls, play halo 4 if you want futuristic game this is another AD/HD shooter like every year.... sry my bad english..
  57. Nov 14, 2012
    I feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving aI feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving a trophy does not make a game fun. Playing the game should be all the fun needed. COD is not fun. I started up the single player campaign to be blown away by the complete lack of 3D during cinematics. To clarify i have just finished AC3 in 3D and the 3D was awesome, the game, so so. Then the game finally started, thought id get my kill on. Instead i was left feeling sick by the poorly programmed 3D in the game. OK, i'll play without 3D then (dissapointing since 3D games are few and far between). I thought maybe i would stop feeling sick now. I was wrong. The urge to bring up breakfast, lunch and possibly dinner from the night before was simply to great. You see i am a sympathetic vomiter, i see vomit, i vomit. What was being served up on my beautiful 1080P 63" 3D TV was indeed vomit. The graphics are worse than bad. I can hear all you braindead fanboys now, "it runs at 60fps...how can it be bad when so many people buy it?..." Well first of all, in case you hadnt noticed, nobody cares about 60fps, as long as it can hold a steady frame rate of say 30fps and not stutter it is perfectly acceptable even imperceptible, ie BF3 which incidentally craps all over CODBO1 & 2. "Why do so many people buy it?" Easy. People are idiots! One need only walk down the street and witness a slew of teenage boys wearing their little sisters jeans with hair that must having taken all morning to style to understand this. More evidence you ask. Look at those that sit atop society in any region of the world, they are always a minority, why you ask again. Because people are overwhelmingly idiots. Back to COD. I am not a hater, honestly i want all games to be fun. I've been gaming for like 25 years, i do not discriminate. So where did my CODBO2 story end?? I was so disillusioned with gaming after just 10 mins of CODBO2 ( I know your thinking, "well you didn't even play it, you missed the options and story line blah blah blah zombies blah blah") I didn't and wont miss anything. If i want to be bored and have options that lead to different endings i'll read one of my old chose your own adventure novels. If i want zombies I'll watch The Walking Dead (which is awesome BTW). So... I digress. After attempting to play and ending up heaving in the toilet i was depressed. I thought to myself i cant wait until the end of the month for Far Cry 3 or more importantly the end of the year for more expansions for BF3. I need to have my new found hatred of games quashed. Now i must tell you that i have never owned an XBOX always PC games and Playstations. I did the only thing i could. I bought a XBOX and Halo 4 and whilst is very far from the greatest game ive played, it has all but erased the sour taste left by CODBO2. Shame on you Treyarch for dishing up such a pile of steaming hot turd when you have the resources and fan base to do something truly revolutionary. Shame on you, you masses of idiots out there who will buy and love this game for no apparent reason other than you liked the one before it and before that and so on. Shame on you professional critics for giving this game such a high score. I have never posted anything online before, not a blog, not a tweet nothing. This game has brought out the entitled **** in me that so many of you had embraced so long ago. I feel that what i have to say is important enough that the world need access it. Shame on you CODBO2 for making me an internet posting geek who thinks that people care what i have to say. Please stop buying this dribble. Please start thinking for yourselves. I gave it a zero because im sure i played this already...in the '80's. Expand
  58. Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, so many Zer0es, the game is so bad that it deserves a 0. I don't love COD but i at least thinks it deserves higher than a 4. Changing the formula to a game that is very repetitive takes guts. They should at least get a 5 for effort. (plus an extra 4 for all the haters out there)
  59. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't normally do this kind of thing but I'm sick and tired of reading reviews that say "The graphics are outdated". Obviously from little children who pay $60 for a game that looks pretty, same kids who would say games from past generations of consoles (NES, SNES, PS2, N64, etc) are bad because of the graphics . I haven't played the Campaign or Zombies yet, but the Multiplayer is fun,I don't normally do this kind of thing but I'm sick and tired of reading reviews that say "The graphics are outdated". Obviously from little children who pay $60 for a game that looks pretty, same kids who would say games from past generations of consoles (NES, SNES, PS2, N64, etc) are bad because of the graphics . I haven't played the Campaign or Zombies yet, but the Multiplayer is fun, just like it always is. Thats what a game should be rated on. Yes, there are campers, try-hards, and these elite super players that come on here and own every other game, but who cares, its just a game. I'm no expert MLG gamer, I didn't stand in line for hours in the rain like all of those other losers just to think I'm the first one who has the game, and I'm not a fan boy. I just like to play Call of Duty with my friends as a social thing and I think thats what separates the men from the boys. If you don't like it because its "the same old thing every year" then you're the idiot who paid the money for it. The people who generally gave the review a good score are the people who like the CoD games for what they always are, and what they probably always will be. Expand
  60. Dec 18, 2012
    Might have been a good game, if this was 2007. The multiplayer is decent, but is pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. If you've played games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3, this game looks laughable. The campaign is generic and has a basic story designed for simpletons. The zombies mode is fun, but there is only one map to play on, which means that if you don'tMight have been a good game, if this was 2007. The multiplayer is decent, but is pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. If you've played games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3, this game looks laughable. The campaign is generic and has a basic story designed for simpletons. The zombies mode is fun, but there is only one map to play on, which means that if you don't like the TranZit map, you'll have to shell out $15 for whatever DLC they make. The survival maps are simply sections of TranZit, unfortunately. As usual, a few minor tweaks were made to multiplayer to convince people that it's new and different, but it's really not. It is just like every other Call of Duty and is now desperately falling behind other shooters. Expand
  61. Feb 6, 2013
    I'm sorry i now that this game isn't perfect but it is a pretty good game, I just think that you fan boys are just about BO2 is a copy.
    The zombies mode is one of the best zombie games I've ever played and this a very good multiplayer.
    The only thing about this game is the strike force missions, were I just used 1 soldier for all the mission until he die ,but I think it,was good camping (a short one)
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    Do not know why i wasted my money on this franchise again.
    Graphics are still **** gameplay is the same, campaign is still heavily scripted and very linear and the strike force missions are ALRIGHT at best

cannot wait for mw4 -.-
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    The value for money in this game is truly incredible. You essentially get three games in one i.e. the single player campaign, the multiplayer and zombies. The developers knew reusing an old formula again and again will get tiresome (this is the 9th in the series after all) so they've essentially redesigned the wheel and revamped the core game mechanics (that other devs take shamelessly).The value for money in this game is truly incredible. You essentially get three games in one i.e. the single player campaign, the multiplayer and zombies. The developers knew reusing an old formula again and again will get tiresome (this is the 9th in the series after all) so they've essentially redesigned the wheel and revamped the core game mechanics (that other devs take shamelessly). The 'pick 10 system' no longer forces you to have certain things you don't necessarily need so lets you customise fully. This will alter the way you play and increase replay value. I have yet to finish the story mode. The 'non linear' aspect does change the way the gameplay pans out but the actual play is similar to previous titles. The zombies again is above solid and is agreed to be a separate game in its own right. You wont see a huge improvement in graphics or the sound department but is still one of the most polished games out there in terms of textures and audio ques. It is not a perfect game but is definitely worth considering. A solid and the best in the franchise.

P.S Don't be disheartened to see all the negative reviews. Despite the fact some people really do have gripes with the game, the majority are if you will 'fan-boys' who have clearly not even purchased the game, making a review on a whim. If in doubt ask a friend to reassure you. This game is not for everyone but has the largest appeal in the genre.
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    Ugh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challengeUgh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challenge for game of the year. Definitely shooter of the year. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    Okay, here is a completely unbiased review, as I do play all of the MP first person shooters equally:

Single Player: Easily the next best one to date behind CoD4. The switching between the Cold War and 2025 is quite refreshing and adds something new to an annual franchise. Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based

Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based on a point system instead of kills, which helps encourage more team playing. (Something they've needed to fix. Lol) Maps are balanced as well, this is something Treyarc has always done better than I.W.

Zombies: Same as before, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Overall I would say this is a game worth buying brand new. Still doesn't beat CoD4 in my opinion. But it is definately 2nd best in the series and a much needed pick me up after the abortion called MW3. Don't believe all the BF3 and Halo 4 haters, this really is a good game.
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    a welcome evolution to the hyper-popular franchise - and the best COD since the first modern warfare. complaining about the graphics in a COD game has become a de-facto passtime every november, but to my eyes black ops 2 is a gorgeous game, especially in 3D. treyarch have polished the visuals, while still maintaining the essential-to-COD 60 frames per second the game demands. the onlya welcome evolution to the hyper-popular franchise - and the best COD since the first modern warfare. complaining about the graphics in a COD game has become a de-facto passtime every november, but to my eyes black ops 2 is a gorgeous game, especially in 3D. treyarch have polished the visuals, while still maintaining the essential-to-COD 60 frames per second the game demands. the only stumbling point are the non-required strikeforce missions, that attempt to blend rts with fps and mostly fail. thankfully they're still interesting, and props to the developer for trying something new.

the multiplayer's class overhaul is perhaps the most interesting change. a system called 'pick 10' is implemented, that lets you mix and match your perks and loadout with a greater degree of precision than ever before.

and the singleplayer campaign, which follows the same rhythm as past iterations of the game, is bolstered by the new near-future setting and larger, wider and more detailed levels. its also considerably longer than MW3's campaign - at least 30%, if not 50%. add to that the much loved, and expanded upon, zombie mode and i can't quite fathom how anyone could be disappointed in this game (though i'm sure there will be legions that are, more out of spite at something so 'mainstream' than legitimate criticism).
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    The Most fun I've had in a shooter since the original Call of duty 4 was released, zombies have been refined and the multiplayer has been tweaked ever so slightly in a way that really brings out the action movie type of game-play that the franchise has always striven to perfect, they have come closer than ever now.
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    so far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine sinceso far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine since valve has been using source for like ever and nobody has a problem with that. the idea of the time period switch to the future is nice. although it does make the game feel more like crysis. it is still too early for me to properly judge the game but i will say that so far i am having a lot of fun with the game. Expand
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more thanCall of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more than whatever game they like. Back to the game. The campaign is still as epic as ever and the choices you can make is a nice addition. The multiplayer is as addictive as ever and the pick 10 class is very flexible and a blast to mess with. The graphics are not bad but the engine is in need of an upgrade. I have always enjoyed the call of duty games and have bought most of them. Black ops 2 is a good game it is not halo 4 but it is still a blast to play and I recommend the game to people who play games for fun and I do not recommend the game to all the haters that want to complain about successful games. Expand
  71. Nov 14, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is honestly the best COD to date. I have no idea why some people are giving it such low scores. Amazing campaign w/ multiple endings + new futuristic weapons + "Tranzit" mode for zombies = Best COD ever.
  72. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with aI'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with a lot of changes and additions.

What surprises me is the incredible amount of 0 negative reviews... People buy a game that has three parts to it, 1 Campaign 2 Zombies and 3 Multiplayer. They play the first mission on Campaign, skip zombies and go 3-15 on their first match of multiplayer while running around or camping on a map they don
  73. Nov 13, 2012
    An all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. TheAn all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer is so intense it will have you on the edge of your seat. The customization options are unparalleled and will be the marque online shooter experience this year. The Call of Duty series is the top selling shooter series in the entire world year after year for one very good reason: uncomplicated and thrilling multiplayer. There is absolutely no other series that offers the same level of intensity online with such a low learning curve. Team play and lone wolf tactics blend beautifully just like every Call of Duty title.

There will be many skewed reviews on Gamespot because many people don't think players should have the right to fun. Think for yourself; play Black Ops 2 and don't look back.
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    I usually try to write a detailed review...however this will be purely to boost overall user rating (uphill battle).
    This game to me is an outlet to gaming with friends pure and simple. It doesnt need to be revolutionary or industry changing. It only need to provide me with a fleshed out multiplayer experience. I respect and understand Activisions Business Model. You can tell time and energy went into this game. trolls be trolls and its cool to hate whats cool....society is a real peach :)
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    I've never been a big fan of CoD. I often found the storyline discombobulated and so off the wall that it didn't make sense and I appreciated the depth of the multiplayer some of the perks, and the player tatics and general attitude of let's run around like crazy until the other team is dead really turned me off. I've always been a Battlefield fan.

Having said that. This new game is

Having said that. This new game is amazing. There are choices and consequences in the story. The villain, while despicable, is a tragic figure that suffered through some true atrocities. I actually found myself caring about him at some point. The multiplayer has been revamped. It's to early to prestige but when you do you actually have options now. You get a token that you can use to unlock something no matter what level it is. They've tweaked the perks system which I like and they finally took the focus off of KDR. I've always been a 1.3-1 on average KDR guy myself. so this was a welcome change.

Bottom line is don't listen to these idiots who say the game sucks and nothing's changed. They're doing that to drive the score down because they've nothing better to do with their time. Plus the game's been out for 12 hours so there's no way to know if it really does suck.
  76. Nov 13, 2012
    I used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. TheseI used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. These games only sell well because of their competitive nature, not because they are any fun. If you want to be competitive, go airsofting or paintballing. At least that way you will get some exercise. Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2012
    Big suprise here, same game as last year, and the year before, and the year before. It just feels so stale now. Not as disappointing as previous games, but only because I wasn't expecting much.
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    Let's put it this way...Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Sure they keep on insisting that it's a different game but it's not. The campaign's storyline changes from previous installments, but it's just basically the same game over and over again. What's more mind boggling are the reviewers insistence to give this game a high score. Let's look at other AAALet's put it this way...Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Sure they keep on insisting that it's a different game but it's not. The campaign's storyline changes from previous installments, but it's just basically the same game over and over again. What's more mind boggling are the reviewers insistence to give this game a high score. Let's look at other AAA titles released this year: Halo 4, Assassin Creed 3, Dishonored and heck..even the 'reviled' RE6; all of them showed or at least attempted to innovate and give players something new, for better or worse. I am not sure what sort of things, perks or whatever that Activision is giving these reviewers, but they sure are working. Buy this if you really need to upgrade for this year's installment. Expand
  79. Nov 13, 2012
    Campaign is the best in the series, and multiplayer havent been this good since cod4, and zombies is awesome as always. I really enjoyed Black ops 2 for the Xbox, and all of my friends are enjoying it as well.
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    Gee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin toGee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin to something from the '80s. For shame, Treyarch. Expand
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    This is exactly what I wanted from MW2 and MW3. If you were one of many who have been dissappointed by many recent CoD games, don't worry. BO2 makes a ton of changes and breathes new life into the dying series. And score streaks are way better than the kill streaks of previous games. The campaign is more refined than the crap known as MW2 and MW3. The online is better. This is the best inThis is exactly what I wanted from MW2 and MW3. If you were one of many who have been dissappointed by many recent CoD games, don't worry. BO2 makes a ton of changes and breathes new life into the dying series. And score streaks are way better than the kill streaks of previous games. The campaign is more refined than the crap known as MW2 and MW3. The online is better. This is the best in the series since Modern Warfare 1. Let's just hope that Activision can continue to take the franchise in to this direction, instead of the modern warfare direction. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best Call of Duty games ever!!! The campaign is great, but not as good as COD 4, and the new features of the Zombie Mode and the Multiplayer (the most important for me) make this game a must have for every shooter fan!!!
  83. Nov 13, 2012
    This game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to payThis game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to pay off Critics anyways, why not spend some more? Anyways, onto the gameplay review. Campaign is a nice short 4 hours, and I'm glad it's short because it was bad and I wanted to play multiplayer. Multiplayer maps feel crowded and junked up with unnecessary **** Love the futuristic design of the new guns, but unfortunately, they feel like the old guns. The new pick ten system and the new perk system are good. So far though, this game plays exactly like Warfighter and IGN gave Warfighter a 4. That must mean the zombies mode is so good that it gives BO2 5 more points. Now I haven't played zombies yet, because all my friends are asleep, so I'm going to leave this here with a rating of 4, but I'll come back and make this rating a 9 if zombies absolutely blows my mind with how **** amazing it is. It had better not disappoint or else I'll know IGN is a corrupt review site who gets paid off by Activision so they can sell more copies of CoD and I certainly hope that's not true. On a side note, this game will probably be played at MLG and IPL because of how easy it is. MLG and IPL have to have SC2 otherwise it would be a casualfest. Expand
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doingI'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Call of duty has ruined this generation and probably future generation shooters because they lack zero innovation and follow the same Hollywood path of squeezing out sequels in order to generate as much profit as possible while giving absolutely nothing back to its fans. Go fudge yourself, Satan, for infiltrating my favorite medium and industrializing it like you have my country - no longer to be the art it once was. I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Expand
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    Utter garbage. The OVER lag compensation from MW3 is back, but it is even worse this go. All the guns are EXACTLY the same! They all have no recoil and have high clips and fast fire rates. The maps promote headglitching and have no real flow.

For some reason, they decided to mess with the sensitivity settings and make the X and Y axis different, without giving you the option to adjust both separately. Hit detection is just as bad as Black Ops, although they tried to mask this by not adding recoil to any of the guns.

Single Player is pathetically unlikable. Basic generic shooter campaign, which last for about 4 gruesome hours. I heard that they will be implementing the single player of this game as a torture device at Guantanamo Bay.

My copy is already on Ebay, save your wallet and your dignity by skipping this boring piece of recycled junk.
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    I personally liked this game, kinda feels like i played the game before, pretty similar to blackops 1.
    This is cod, and it will always be annoying at certain points. I would give this a 8-9 but there are so many who just hate this game because its cod, and they still buy it.. so i'll give it a 10.
  87. Nov 15, 2012
    Treyarch returns to the Call of Duty franchise with the sequel to Black Ops. Black Ops II offers a brand new challenging campaign Treyarch tried to make different than others by including "Strike Force Missions", which means that whatever your actions occur, such as if you die in the game, will effect how the game will end. While Strike Force missions may sound promising, they do notTreyarch returns to the Call of Duty franchise with the sequel to Black Ops. Black Ops II offers a brand new challenging campaign Treyarch tried to make different than others by including "Strike Force Missions", which means that whatever your actions occur, such as if you die in the game, will effect how the game will end. While Strike Force missions may sound promising, they do not always make the game as fun and can be annoying, and the campaign is overall solid. Multiplayer as always returns and feels the same as always only with futuristic weapons, but at least Treyarch is doing a better job and listening to the community for ways to better the game. Zombies is back and better than ever. TranZit was well done and everytime I play I learn something new and fun. Treyarch really put effort into hearing the fans calls out from the community for the best Zombies gameplay. The Nuketown Zombies map is decent, but nothing to get really hyped for. Overall, Black Ops II is a better game than the original, (but the graphics should have improved so much more!) offering a solid campaign with its weak moments, a same feeling multiplayer only with new maps and a more futuristic setting, and a much better and extremely fun Zombies mode, Expand
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    Yet another Call of Duty title has been released and it is at least solid. This is not a great game, or even a good game really, but it is fun and will provide several people with hours of entertainment. People can say what they will about the Call of Duty franchise, but it has done well for itself and keeps fans coming back. Of course the game is the same year after year, but that'sYet another Call of Duty title has been released and it is at least solid. This is not a great game, or even a good game really, but it is fun and will provide several people with hours of entertainment. People can say what they will about the Call of Duty franchise, but it has done well for itself and keeps fans coming back. Of course the game is the same year after year, but that's because the developers don't really strive to be innovative, which is fine. It is the gaming equivalent of candy. By this I mean it is not satisfying and filling like a steak, but it still tastes good and I indulge myself every now and again. My main point is that even though Call of Duty has become like Madden it doesn't make it a bad game. Call of Duty has become stale, repetitive, and a little dull, but it has certainly not become boring. Black Ops 2 is probably best suited for die-hard Call of Duty fans, but others may get a couple of weeks worth of fun out of it. Just go into the game with the mentality that it is the same as it has always been and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2012
    I got this game early and after playing it for a few days and many many hours here is my honest review. The graphics aren't really high class compared to other game franchises like Halo, Gears of War, or Assassin's creed but the graphics aren't bad either, not even close. Graphics and audio are a major improvement however to past COD games. The campaign IMO is very good. Yes it feels likeI got this game early and after playing it for a few days and many many hours here is my honest review. The graphics aren't really high class compared to other game franchises like Halo, Gears of War, or Assassin's creed but the graphics aren't bad either, not even close. Graphics and audio are a major improvement however to past COD games. The campaign IMO is very good. Yes it feels like other COD campaigns with the explosions, movie like executions, etc but it feels much more personal, emotional and the campaign actually makes sense this time. The time-line from the cold war to 2025 fits in PERFECTLY in the story. The decision making process in the game also works very well and promotes replay-ability. The zombies in the game are improved and involve a more tactical style of game play instead of running around in circles. The zombies in this game have almost a Left 4 dead style and feel of game play The multiplayer overall has been improved. The maps are well done, the perks and weapons are balanced. The pick 10 system works well and gives unlimited customization options. Kill streaks or score streaks are much more difficult to earn in this game compared to past COD's IMO which is a good thing. The sniping has improved, the hit detection is very good. However, here are some things I did not like about this game. This game still feels TOO MUCH like past COD's unfortunately. It is VERY repetitive. The campaign could of been much longer. It is only 5 hours long on normal difficulty. I only played this game for a few days and have already come across annoying campers, quick scopers, etc. Panic knifing has returned. The re-spawns are improved but still are far from near perfect. Overall, a good Call of Duty game. Expand
  90. Nov 13, 2012
    Same engine, Same formula, a few new guns... I'm not sold.

How year after year people flock to the new edition of the call of duty franchise I'm not sure. The best Modern Warfare game was the original, since then the franchise has gone slowly downhill with each new installation. I would advise people to stay away from this one and wait for it to hit the sale.
  91. Nov 14, 2012
    A copy and paste job, cheap lazy money grabbing offering, this franchise deserves more and gamers even more. What is achieved in this, could have been a £ 15.00 DLC update.
  92. Jan 7, 2013
    This is the third review I've written. I've had to tweak it some as I played the game more and more. Simply put, this is only a story extension from Black Ops. There is no evolution of gameplay, nothing fresh or imaginative. The biggest step forward has to be the Zombies gametype, where there's more than just the straight-up exhibition approach of pick a level, fight the zombies (rinseThis is the third review I've written. I've had to tweak it some as I played the game more and more. Simply put, this is only a story extension from Black Ops. There is no evolution of gameplay, nothing fresh or imaginative. The biggest step forward has to be the Zombies gametype, where there's more than just the straight-up exhibition approach of pick a level, fight the zombies (rinse & repeat). But the multiplayer, where the game is supposed to take its biggest strides, falls completely flat. For me, this comes for a number of reasons: bad weapon balancing, poor killstreaks, no dedicated servers (and their player-host approach doesn't do well most of the time), poor hit detection (including the impossible feat that is the headshot, for whatever reason this game rarely rewards the player with a headshot when the head is all that is showing!), uninteresting perks, the list goes on but those are the ones I can think of immediately. This game will be fun and compelling if you've barely touched Call of Duty in the past, but just like Modern Warfare 3, the franchise shows its age in all aspects of the game (especially the graphics department). One has to wonder where Treyarch and Infinity Ward are with hiring creative minds to bring the franchise into interesting and fun waters. Quite honestly, it might be time to let this franchise die out and start fresh. If I could put it in to one sentence, I'd describe Call of Duty Black Ops 2 as tiresome, boring, and overly recycled - to the point that it makes me want to never play the game every time I conclude a playing session. Sadly, people are rewarding the development and production teams on this game by playing it (with online populations in the 500,000s at times). Honestly, play MW3 as it has better killstreak rewards and a much better weapon selection. Play Black Ops only if you covet campaign and the zombie survival mode, because the story is okay (just okay, nothing more) and zombies is the only real challenge Black Ops carries anymore. I'd venture to recommend Halo 4 over Black Ops 2 simply because it feels like Halo but has incorporated popular trends in multiplayer gaming that never existed in the earlier games of the franchise. Expand
  93. Nov 15, 2012
    Haters gonna hate, but it's the best CoD up to date, and so it's the best Single-Player and Co-op FPS EVER. Non-linear, explosive roller-coaster with choices that matter. Too bad there is only one zombies map, but it'd be fixed obviously. Maybe has some flaws in MP but there is no competition anyway - BF3 is different game (not to mention boring sp/coop) which sucked at gunplay, and justHaters gonna hate, but it's the best CoD up to date, and so it's the best Single-Player and Co-op FPS EVER. Non-linear, explosive roller-coaster with choices that matter. Too bad there is only one zombies map, but it'd be fixed obviously. Maybe has some flaws in MP but there is no competition anyway - BF3 is different game (not to mention boring sp/coop) which sucked at gunplay, and just release MoH simply flopped. At least Activision don't want my money for free unlocks. And here we are, people whine about engine and other incompetent stuff. You know, I can imagine PC gamers whine about dated visuals, but x360 crowd with 8yo hardware? Get over yourself. Expand
  94. Nov 14, 2012
    if you've given this game a 4 or less you are a waste of space. i've played all the cods since 4 and so far ive loved it, granted im not bothered about campaign mode but i had hours of fun playing this yesterday with a bunch of friends, in MP i really found some thought had gone into it. great maps with some decent colour instead of the usual grey/beige/jungle assortment and someif you've given this game a 4 or less you are a waste of space. i've played all the cods since 4 and so far ive loved it, granted im not bothered about campaign mode but i had hours of fun playing this yesterday with a bunch of friends, in MP i really found some thought had gone into it. great maps with some decent colour instead of the usual grey/beige/jungle assortment and some interesting twists in setting your classes. as usual a new cod comes out and the trolls cant wait to spread their '0 - piece of **** nonsense. if you dont like it thats fair enough, but a 0 score shows exactly where you're coming from and thats a place where no thoughful review is originated. if you like cod and arent a whinging idiot and love playing MP, you'll love this. Expand
  95. Nov 16, 2012
    You get a lot of bang for the buck in this game. Campaign was enjoyable. Multiplayer is all new with its pick 10 system. The lag issues are something that every cod has worked through. Give it some time and that will be better also. Zombies is back in a big way with 3 different game modes. I know that this game will give me many hours of fun with friends online. The boot camp option forYou get a lot of bang for the buck in this game. Campaign was enjoyable. Multiplayer is all new with its pick 10 system. The lag issues are something that every cod has worked through. Give it some time and that will be better also. Zombies is back in a big way with 3 different game modes. I know that this game will give me many hours of fun with friends online. The boot camp option for new players is a great way to get introduced into multiplayer without having to worry about stats. If you like shooters on console, this one needs to be in your library. Expand
  96. Nov 15, 2012
    I am scoring this game an 8, on paper its the best COD game yet but my comments are comparing this game to MW2 and Black Ops. The key adjustments to note are that this is the most balanced COD game yet, with the least overpowered weapons / tech which many people considered game breaking. However, this also makes it underwhelming for those who were used to the overpowered features of MW2I am scoring this game an 8, on paper its the best COD game yet but my comments are comparing this game to MW2 and Black Ops. The key adjustments to note are that this is the most balanced COD game yet, with the least overpowered weapons / tech which many people considered game breaking. However, this also makes it underwhelming for those who were used to the overpowered features of MW2 and Blops (im looking at you TAR and dual shotguns). The weapons especially feel very similar to each other with very little individuality, you will feel comfortable with every weapon you use, this sadly takes out the desire to make a specific gun your own. In terms of Maps, they are fantastic. Many of them are very symmetrical and easy to navigate similar to MW2, however, they lack to control points and sightlines of MW2. This means that you will not rake up easy kill streaks by controlling certain high activity zones like you could with MW2. Again, this makes it very balanced for all players, with very few main focal points to go to, the 1v1 confrontations are not as predictable as MW2 and you will be kept on your toes. In terms of things that BLOPS 2 undeniably does better, its the graphics and gameplay scenarios in single player and sci-fi tech in general. While the campaign is still riddled with hand holding events and setpieces, they are done very well and are the most engaging since COD4. Overall this is a great game if you want your MP experience balanced and fair. But as someone who took the liberty of those overpowered elements in MW2 and Black Ops, the level playing field of Black Ops 2 comes across as a little underwhelming. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    Truly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise whichTruly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise which makes it really disappointing, having been overwhelmed with Modern Warfare I am honestly starting to believe all hope has is lost with this franchise, after Modern Warfare 2 this franchise has taken a nose dive into oblivion and I don't think it will ever return to its former glory, the game is catered for the "casual" gamer the franchise was a lot better when it wasn't as mainstream as it has become now, the chewing gum has finally lost its flavor.

Negatives
    - Extremely linear, boring campaign
    - Same rehashed game engine (signs of aging)
    - Doesn't really improve on whats been done before Positives
    + Zombie mode (This should be a standalone affair and stray away from the COD franchise)
    + Pick 10 Leveling System
    + Hopefully this will be the last COD this gen before it is completely overhauled for next gen
  98. Nov 14, 2012
    Love this game. Graphics are a step up, the multiplayer feels fresh and engaging, and the zombies mode is as addictive as ever. The negative user reviews are not a depiction of the game. The people who enjoy the game, are actually playing, not complaining about it.
  99. Nov 18, 2012
    baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i think. Expand
  100. Nov 13, 2012
    This game really sucks, its an epic failure, the mods of this site must send these reviews to the developers of this useless no effort video game. -10/10 for me.
  101. Nov 13, 2012
    I felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high criticI felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high critic review and low user reviews is a shame and there needs to be something done. Well again I felt compelled to write a review because the critics are dead wrong. How can this game get such high marks? It's the same game I played for years and many 12 year old latino boys may think it's the best game ever I strongly disagree. The campaign is boring excuse me BORING. The multiplayer is ever so infected with kids talking smack and the guns feel weightless. COD is geared towards kids and it has become apparent. The life has been sucked out of this franchise but when ironman is in your commercial what else do you need. This isn't meant to be such a bashing as I may be losing the point that the critics got this wrong again. They are so afraid to give an honest review or should I say a low scoring review on cod. It's a shame. This series has gotten so outta hand I couldn't believe I'm playing with futuristic weapons on a cod game and really black ops as the title. It's amazing to me that black ops is such an elite force that when you plug into xbox live thousands of people are playing characters that would be the most elite fighting force it's a little funny that anyone can be a super extreme operative. This is the last year I spend anymore time with cod at least it was just a 1 day rental and not 60+ dollars. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013