Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.7

1. Nov 14, 2012
    First off, if you like the CoD series, then this one is the best so far and there is no doubt it will sell well keeping all lobbies full for the next year. That being said, it's just the annual refinement its predecessors, setting it the future doesn't change this fact. Even the new pick 10 system isn't interesting. Sure, you get full customization but when you do this, the same thingFirst off, if you like the CoD series, then this one is the best so far and there is no doubt it will sell well keeping all lobbies full for the next year. That being said, it's just the annual refinement its predecessors, setting it the future doesn't change this fact. Even the new pick 10 system isn't interesting. Sure, you get full customization but when you do this, the same thing always happens, people gravitate to what the masses view as the optimal spec (same thing happens in MMO's with talent systems). Sure, there are counter perks, but the mind set of most players in this genre is self, not team. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. UntilI normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. Until then it gets a 4/10 because zombies is pretty cool to play with friends. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    From what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the oldFrom what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the old days of MW2, it got me out of call of duty. Is the game worth $60 dollars? No. Is it worth $40? Maybe. Call of Duty will never change core mechanic of the gamepad but will change map design and size. But when the price drops for pc or I can get it on sale, I may buy it. I've never had a problem with the call of duty design but the ones who don't play by the rules make it pretty dang frustrating but its not Treyarch's fault. Battlefield 3 is the same its not broken and is fun but the people who don't play by the rules make a match terrible. So don't bash a game based on same old same old. Should of rented it before you bought it. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    The main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to yourThe main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to your ground, etc etc. MP, is the same as last years except new skins. Unbalanced and too easy. Biggest changes is in zombie modes but honestly that is 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3 is the same thing.

I know a lot of people say 'CoD does not suck because look how many copies they sold!' Yeah? Look at how many people watch Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore, that does not make it a good tv show now right? Okay then.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    Activision wont be able to keep this up forever. People are realizing that this series has degenerated into a yearly rehashing of old gameplay and graphics. The worst part is that I will probably end up buying it like everyone else, just to see if it's any better than the last piece of crap they released.
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    MW3 was a huge disappointment. Guns with no recoil and ridiculous shooting power, lag, pathetic split screen...you all know.

BLACK OPS 2 - WTF Activision?! Maps are MICROSCOPIC. I get shot in the back every 5 seconds because of CRAP SPAWNS. BORING multiplayer.....I love BO1, it's my #2, but this is a disgrace. Guns kill instantly no matter what range you're at. I'm going back to W@W. bye.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't

Don't buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all.
  8. GLN
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's the same old **** every single year, and it is extremely broken. **** the fanboys, nothing in this game works, and one gun in the game is just so over powered, no one online uses anything else.
  9. Nov 18, 2012
    This review exlusively addresses the multiplayer element of this game.

This review exlusively addresses the multiplayer element of this game.

To preface this I just want to inform you that I consider myself to be one of the biggest Call of Duty fan boys out there. I look forward to the release of Call of Duty each year and spend multiple days engrossed in the multiplayer element of this game each year and always reach the prestige cap. I have since release spent a day and a half of time with the game.

That being said I am utterly disappointed to find that this game is completely broken. For me it has been one of the most trying experiences I have ever had with a game. I really want to like this game and have tried, but I just can't play this game without coming away frustrated and completely disappointed. Therefore in the end I have to give this game a 0 for being broke and unplayable.
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    It is unfortunate that such a great series has fallen from grace with the same lackluster BANG that Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 has hit us with. I will explain to you the stale formula:

1. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is released 2. The critics love it and the users hate everything it stands for 3. Fanboys and Sheeple buy it anyway 4. Profits are past

1. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is released
    2. The critics love it and the users hate everything it stands for
    3. Fanboys and Sheeple buy it anyway
    4. Profits are past expectations and sales are AMAZING
    5. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is added to the production line
    6. The cycle continues...

I can no longer see myself supporting Activisions Call of Duty series... and that is sad. MW2; I'm coming back baby!
  11. Nov 23, 2012
    Freezes your system, camper friendly, overpowered weapons, crap campaign, etc. This is just the start if you buy this game. It's horrible. The worst game I've ever played in my life. This, coming from a person who doesn't get disappointed easily or demands a refund. If I purchase something and I don't like it, it's usually no biggie. But I literally feel unclean owning this. I don't evenFreezes your system, camper friendly, overpowered weapons, crap campaign, etc. This is just the start if you buy this game. It's horrible. The worst game I've ever played in my life. This, coming from a person who doesn't get disappointed easily or demands a refund. If I purchase something and I don't like it, it's usually no biggie. But I literally feel unclean owning this. I don't even think selling it will help at all. I warned you. -ex Cod fan. Expand
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    After a huge let down from MW3, I tried BO2 and was even more dicouraged. I assumed the game would have been built off of BO1. How lame, BO2 is a rip off of MW3. Too many extras, bad graphics and to top it off, why the hell am I getting Probation? That has to be the worst option ever introduced to the game and for that alone deserves a negative rating. Like it's my fault Microsoft can'tAfter a huge let down from MW3, I tried BO2 and was even more dicouraged. I assumed the game would have been built off of BO1. How lame, BO2 is a rip off of MW3. Too many extras, bad graphics and to top it off, why the hell am I getting Probation? That has to be the worst option ever introduced to the game and for that alone deserves a negative rating. Like it's my fault Microsoft can't sell a reliable machine that doesn't randomly turn off. I guess it's back to Black OPs 1, the best game ever made! Expand
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    The game would've been a perfect 10 if the Shangri La and Moon Didn't suck. The campaign, multiplayer, and zombies (discluding Shangri La and Moon) was amazing. Best campaign yet. Not many complaints.
  14. Nov 18, 2012
    I had great expectation for this game since I really liked the first one. I've been playing Call Of Duty multiplayer on xbox live since Modern Warfare.
    I won't talk about the single player part I never played a single player campaign on any call of duty game.
    I won't talk either about the good things BOPS2 did good since they don't mean anything if the game is broken at it's core. The
    The big problem is that they implemented the lag compensation system again that Black ops 1 and modernwarfare 3 had at launch. I won't explain what this system is since it's common knowledge.
    The game is not fun because of it. They need to fix it like modernwarfare 3 did.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    I felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high criticI felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high critic review and low user reviews is a shame and there needs to be something done. Well again I felt compelled to write a review because the critics are dead wrong. How can this game get such high marks? It's the same game I played for years and many 12 year old latino boys may think it's the best game ever I strongly disagree. The campaign is boring excuse me BORING. The multiplayer is ever so infected with kids talking smack and the guns feel weightless. COD is geared towards kids and it has become apparent. The life has been sucked out of this franchise but when ironman is in your commercial what else do you need. This isn't meant to be such a bashing as I may be losing the point that the critics got this wrong again. They are so afraid to give an honest review or should I say a low scoring review on cod. It's a shame. This series has gotten so outta hand I couldn't believe I'm playing with futuristic weapons on a cod game and really black ops as the title. It's amazing to me that black ops is such an elite force that when you plug into xbox live thousands of people are playing characters that would be the most elite fighting force it's a little funny that anyone can be a super extreme operative. This is the last year I spend anymore time with cod at least it was just a 1 day rental and not 60+ dollars. Expand
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible game, I mean seriously spaghetti nearly flew out of my pockets with how boring the "future" is. It's the exact same thing as the other game, and to top it off my copy had MASS EFFECT **** 2 DISK INSTEAD OF THE 2ND BLACK OPS! WHAT THE **** You don't understand how rustled my jimmies were. Overall its a lame B-movie plot with stupid "future" **** with the same killstreaks you alwaysTerrible game, I mean seriously spaghetti nearly flew out of my pockets with how boring the "future" is. It's the exact same thing as the other game, and to top it off my copy had MASS EFFECT **** 2 DISK INSTEAD OF THE 2ND BLACK OPS! WHAT THE **** You don't understand how rustled my jimmies were. Overall its a lame B-movie plot with stupid "future" **** with the same killstreaks you always get. And trust me, I don't think this game has a lower user score for a reason, 3.9 is way too high of a score I would've given this piece of **** You can only buy the SAME **** GAME so much until you **** snap. Expand
  17. Nov 14, 2012
    id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20.id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20. all we are is dollar signs to them. im fed up.

former COD fanboy
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    WOW, what a terrible game!
    Why do we allow this franchise to continue. Please stop supporting this game. THANK god I tried it for free. Call of Duty has been the same exact game since COD2.
    Gamers deserve better than this, a high price tag for absolute trash.
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    Basically still CoD 4: Modern Warfare re-skinned and re-hashed again. Don't get me wrong, CoD was an amazing game but they need to stop the yearly releases and start putting in some hard work.
    I feel sorry for developers who can't compete with CoD because they can't afford to compete which in turn is terrible for us gamers in the long run, mark my words.
    The reviews give it decent
    The reviews give it decent scores, and that is because it isn't a bad game in itself if you haven't played the last ~5.
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible, terrible game. -Futuristic setting is boring -Multiplayer Killstreaks are boring (and even more unbalanced than MW2) -Gun Audio is bad, MW3 was better, in fact. -Terrible Graphics -Campaign is incredibly linear and boring. This game is terrible, around the same "quality" as MOHW. is **** **** **** ****
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is just last nights dinner reheated and served as left-overs. Graphical changes are very low. Though, one well done aspect of the game is the zombies, which is a large improvement from the last game, but the campaign and multiplayer are dried out and over-used. This may not reflect the opinion of others, but my opinion is that it just seems to repeated.
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    I have this on PC and bar a few new tweaks, guns and modes this is the SAME F##KING YEARLY BS from Activision! COD 4 was the series best game and off its back all these poor sequels have come out.

Multiplayer -Same old rehash with a dash of mw3 and rubbish looking sci-fi stuff Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause

Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN
    Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause zombies are cool.

IGN gave this a 9.3 what a f##king joke.

To sum this up dont bother if you have played a call of duty game because its same rubbish and eventually this series will be milked dry even though for a long time its been sour.

Play TF2 instead and save forking over £40 to a fat Activision ceo who is sitting on a pile of money with a crown of bullsh#t.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute trash. Complete rehash of its predecessor in the most literal sense. Please my fellow gamers I care about your christmas money. Save your time and resources.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    Don't believe the haters that post 0 ratings. Based on their comments it's obvious they don't even own the game and just hate the franchise. Continue to read and you will understand why this is true. Do Metacritic a favor and vote those reviews down.

I spent about three hours on multiplayer team deathmatch last night and the game felt much different. The sound (through turtle beach headphones) is much improved and the video seems more detailed. It is hard to hear footsteps but they are there. One new thing I noticed is that if you bump into things you make noise. The maps seem small but they are intricate, multi-leveled, and provide many paths to move through the map. In contrast MW3 that had basically three paths on most maps.

The new "pick 10" system allows you to customize your loadout the way you want and, with the new wildcards, you can even choose the slots available to customize. I didn't spend much time playing with this feature but it's definitely different (and better) than previous versions.

During gameplay I noticed a couple other things that changed (for the better). Gun accuracy is much worse the faster you move. If you run up on someone moving slow and looking down their sights you will most likely get killed. Also, cover makes a big difference. If your having a shootout with someone and you're behind a box or something you're more likely to kill them. Short range weapons are a lot less accurate at range. No more one-shot kills with and SMG from across the map. Vehicles blow up a lot faster. Particularly if you drop a grenade on them.

In summary from what I have seen I think this game is different enough from the original Black Ops and a huge improvement over MW3 which was basically a remake of MW2 with new maps and challenges. One suggestion I have is to create more vertical maps with four or more tiers.No COD has had so maybe the game engine can't handle it.
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    The campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all thatThe campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all that isn't bad enough the game-play feels like I'm playing COD 2. Bad graphics, bad story, totally linear experience. Who signed off on releasing this terribly disappointing game? I know better than to get too excited about any new video game but this is the kind of garbage that makes me want to quit gaming forever. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Haven't I already played this game somewhere? The only thing that has been noticeably improved has been the graphics. Multiplayer as a whole is very disappointing, as is the campaign.
  27. Lap
    Nov 16, 2012
    Another year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find theAnother year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find the will to complete the game, the story makes it worth it. The real highlight of the game is the zombie mode, featuring a long innovative map which will leave you playing for hours on end trying to get everything and survive the zombie apocalypse. Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    Game play: 2007
    Graphics: Sega Genesis
    Sound effects: think cheap made in China fireworks
    Whats new: you lost 60 bucks

I feel bad for those who bought this game merely to play with their friends. Those who felt socially obligated to buy the game hopefully can take it back and use the money for a better game like Halo 4.
  29. Nov 16, 2012
    Same old same old year in and year out. This series is a blatant exploitation of adolescent hormones. It's popular for the same reasons a certain young Canadian pop star is. Complete Rubbish!
  30. Jul 20, 2013
    Complete and total garbage. Nothing but regurgitated, rehashed, bull crap from a company that does nothing more than spit out the same product year in year out and rakes in the dollars. Don't buy this crap.
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    I think it is time to go back to the black board and this time really come up with something that innovative, rather than the old same thing every time. I thought they said they made some big changes with this game... Well so far, nothing really amazed me...

Waste of money.
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    "Rehash: The Game" should it be called. No innovations nothing new only the same Game with a different Number / Name.
    Boring story, slow paced Gameplay, much action but too shallow to be cool. DLC and Season Passes to get more Money from the Customer.
    0/10 - It's Okay. PS: Players.. stop buying these "games", they are the Reason why every Developer tries the Same to get Money and
    0/10 - It's Okay.

PS: Players.. stop buying these "games", they are the Reason why every Developer tries the Same to get Money and Games aren't getting better.
    Stop the Cancer.
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    More of the same but now with a ridiculous story. The futuristic plot makes no sense at all. Multiplayer feels like Previously Call of Duty Games (MW and BO)I have it on sale now!
  34. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is huge fail! The sound is awful, graphics - mediocre. Maps - my, oh my!
    Zero the Hero!
  35. Dec 4, 2012
    I like it more than the original one, I can tell you that. But most of the time, it's pretty much the same maybe with a few new guns and whatnot. It's almost solid for me but what can I saw? It makes millions. Thank god my brother bought it instead of me.
  36. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is Call of Duty Black Ops II. This is the 7th Call of Duty game released since 2006, when Call of Duty 2 was released.
    Since Modern Warfare 2 was released, the franchise has appeared rather stale in terms of its core gameplay.
    There are reasons for this. 1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was the first Call of Duty game to sell millions, i mean the big millions. 2. Since
    There are reasons for this.
    2. Since millions still purchase the iterations every year, they have not seen the need to change drastically.
    3. This falls on the obvious concept of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". They just broke the multiplayer a few times.
    4. If you hit the jackpot that early on, isn't it a good thing?
    5. You wan't to play a BAD military FPS, go play the re-booted Medal of Honor titles. They are abysmal.
    6. Wouldn't you want the guns to feel the same? If an AK-47 feels different in one game than another, wouldn't that be a reason to complain?
    7. The console generation has existed far longer than it should have, which is why we have these yearly iterations with barely any graphical improvements.
    8. Games aren't all about graphics, jeez, MW2 still looks good.

You're idiots for expecting such drastic changes for a series that has been doing what it has for so long.
    Call of Duty 2 to 3 had a step up. Then there was a massive step up to Call of Duty 4. This started the ball rolling on the iterations as the key improvements had been made to keep the series on a respectable level.
    Modern Warfare 2 was the clincher, and that was only 3 years ago.

In summary, Black Ops II is still the solid FPS we've come to expect over the last 3/4 years, but with this console generation coming to an end, and hopefully Treyarch, working on the iteration for 2014, that'll be enough time to benefit from the new system.

If to be expected, Faux Infinity Ward will be working on CoD for 2013, it may be a poor system starter, but, we'll never know.

Except trolls. They can see into the future. Ahh, trolls.

Also, if your'e so pissed by Activision and the Call of Duty Series, VOTE WITH YOU'RE WALLETS. Activision doesn't read
  37. Nov 14, 2012
    I made the mistake of playing this straight after Halo 4. Maybe if I played this game 5 or 10 years before Halo 4, it wouldn't have seemed so bad. Everything about Black Ops II feels old, tired, linear, on-rails. The graphics engine is dated and looks cheap, flat and synthetic compared to numerous recent releases I could mention. The game play requires no thought or tactics. A.I. is barelyI made the mistake of playing this straight after Halo 4. Maybe if I played this game 5 or 10 years before Halo 4, it wouldn't have seemed so bad. Everything about Black Ops II feels old, tired, linear, on-rails. The graphics engine is dated and looks cheap, flat and synthetic compared to numerous recent releases I could mention. The game play requires no thought or tactics. A.I. is barely existent. It's just an unsatisfying experience all-round. But the hype, fan base, and ridiculously favourably high critic reviews will ensure it sells millions. And I, amongst many others, was duped into wasting my money on it. Expand
  38. Nov 24, 2012
    For starters lemme say I'm a huge fan of COD and have always loved the multiplayer gameplay....well almost. Now secondly Activision is full of greedy corporate scum making a billion + in a holiday season isnt enough for these greedy scum sucking vultures they have to come up with new ways to suck the money out of the consumer and until we stop allowing this they will continue to do thingsFor starters lemme say I'm a huge fan of COD and have always loved the multiplayer gameplay....well almost. Now secondly Activision is full of greedy corporate scum making a billion + in a holiday season isnt enough for these greedy scum sucking vultures they have to come up with new ways to suck the money out of the consumer and until we stop allowing this they will continue to do things such as! Lying their money grubbing asses off by getting us to preorder BO2 in order to get Nuketown 2025 then 6 days later taking it away from us. Then instead of doing what was right and putting it back into the Nuketown 2025 24/7 they put it in the regular rotation. Activision you are SCUM you are whats wrong with gaming. Now for my review. Scorestreaks SUCK not a whole lot of difference besides giving people a reason to go with cheesy tactics and camping but regardless just bring back killstreaks. But overall this is by far the weakest of any of the COD's. The hit detection is absolutely terrible in this game, they also need to nerf knife runners immediately mainly due to the fact their run speed is so great its causing their hit boxes to lag behind them. They've totally wasted assault rifles in this game they've put to much emphasis on rate of fire and hip firing in an attempt to increase the overall "speed" of the game. I average around 17 kills a game with an assault rifle and aiming down site in a 1v1 fire fight but with an smg hip firing I'm in the upper 20's. The games lack of guns sucks and Im not a fan of the 10 piece only system. MW & MW2 remain the highlight of the COD series. Expand
  39. Dec 7, 2012
    I didn't want to review this game at all, but after seeing some reviews with people saying " I hate this game, I thought it would be better since MW3 was crap" anyway it seems to me that I see this comment every year when a Call of Duty game is realeased. WTF do you people expect? CoD has been the same game since I can even remember, with minor changes. This game always gets poor userI didn't want to review this game at all, but after seeing some reviews with people saying " I hate this game, I thought it would be better since MW3 was crap" anyway it seems to me that I see this comment every year when a Call of Duty game is realeased. WTF do you people expect? CoD has been the same game since I can even remember, with minor changes. This game always gets poor user reviews every year and you people that complain every year keep buying it expecting it to be something else, the game has already made billions of dollars even though it's still the same generic shooter since CoD 4. I didn't buy this game but I play it at friends and I will say this again... THERE ARE BETTER SHOOTERS OUT THERE. However the people complaining about the same things every year are really stupid, no matter what company takes over the CoD franchaise it will still be the same game, because stupid people keep buying this drivel every year and ruin the gaming industry in the process. All I can say is if you do not like this CoD or the predessors do not expect to like future releases, they will use the same formula until it goes stale, which it has gone stale but it still makes a lot of money so nothing will change for the sequel so don't expect anything new. CoD is marketed to people who are not good at shooters, and I know I will get negative feedback for saying that, but the truth hurts. The game is built for players to make them feel good about themselves, even a 4 year old can get kills easy on this game. **** even a lot of women play CoD, that should tell you something, **** my granma probably plays CoD. Then again the only good thing about CoD is that you get to play with a lot of girls, but then again there are also too many kids playing it aswell. The game isn't a 0 either, because atleast the game works and truth be told that the campaign is a little better than previous CoD titles. I just don't think a game that has been recycled for years deserves a good score either, it's easy money without much effort. I can understand people liking it if you have never played many games before, but I can't understand the people who buy the same game every year, saying that it's good. It's generic, get used to it... Stay tuned for Call of Duty 56 dub edition remix. Expand
  40. Nov 26, 2012
    This isn't anything personal to Treyarch but its the same game as Blops 2 with a few wee tweaks to give it the appearance of being fresh. Personally I think Treyarch has the potential to make a great new game but they have to cut themselves from Activision if they are ever going to do so.
  41. Nov 20, 2012
    COMPLETE GARBAGE! I wasted 60 dollars on this stupid game!!!!
  42. Nov 19, 2012
    I watched my 13 year old nephew play this all weekend and he loved it. All I could think about was how we went from SOCOM, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six to this. There are studios going out of business left and right trying to make games with passion and something like this gets whipped up in a year and sells 10 million copies. I dont have much faith in the future of FPS on consoles or PCI watched my 13 year old nephew play this all weekend and he loved it. All I could think about was how we went from SOCOM, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six to this. There are studios going out of business left and right trying to make games with passion and something like this gets whipped up in a year and sells 10 million copies. I dont have much faith in the future of FPS on consoles or PC for that matter. Expand
  43. Mar 29, 2013
    If this was a new IP, this would be a fine game. probably a 7.5/10 or an 8/10. Instead it is plagued by many of the problems of it's predecessors. This is the biggest problem that i find with the CoD series of games. They are broken and then the next one is not fixed. Lets get on to BO2 though. 1st, presentation, the look of the game is fairly fluid. It runs at a smooth 60fps butIf this was a new IP, this would be a fine game. probably a 7.5/10 or an 8/10. Instead it is plagued by many of the problems of it's predecessors. This is the biggest problem that i find with the CoD series of games. They are broken and then the next one is not fixed. Lets get on to BO2 though. 1st, presentation, the look of the game is fairly fluid. It runs at a smooth 60fps but that still isn't enough to ignore the graphics that look like they are about 3 years behind. It's had to play a game like this after playing something like BF3 or Halo 4. When you actually stop and look at something you can tell the textures are very sub par. This wouldn't be a huge deal if that was the standard, but I know that there can be so much better. Best that I can tell, the developers are hoping you would be moving to quickly to notice such poor graphics. This is true for the most part. Most of the game play moves along very quickly which does help the graphics problem. Story, It's Call of Duty. It's a massive scale war that has Michael Bay as the Commander in Chief. It looks cool, it is adrenaline pumping, but after 6 games of the basically same massive scale war, different day. It gets old. The jumps in time are cool and an interesting way to break up the game. The game also tried to introduce something new called Strike Force mode. It is terrible, you are suppose to be able to control different units from above and jump between them and it just doesn't work. They are not smart enough and it ends up just being annoying. I found myself doing the one required strike force mission then skipping the rest. Gameplay: It's a CoD game, it plays very much like every other CoD game. Multiplayer: I've played a lot of multiplayer and it is fun. It can also be very frustrating. It, like many other CoD games is very unbalanced. The other problem is that they don't fix it. When the lifetime of your game is only 1 year, there isn't much of a motivation to actually release patches to fix issues with the game. So there are many things that ended up being heavily unbalanced and have been left totally unfixed. Also, the map design is the standard 3 lane maps. Zombies: I have not played much of zombies, from what I have played, it does not feel nearly as solid of flushed out as it was in BO or WaW. I feel like they tried to do to much and forgot what zombies was all about.

This once a year release gets lots of money for activision but it doesn't help make good games. I could probably right the same review for the past 4 CoD's. They all share the same issues and these issues are never fixed. The graphics also need to catch up. They are way behind. Like I said before if this was a new IP, I would give it a 7.5/10 with hopes that where they go from here will improve the problems. But, seeing as how this is the 6th game in the modern CoD series, there are really no excuses at this point. I give it a 5/10
  44. Dec 12, 2012
    Traded this piece in after a week. This game is horrendously unimagined. Every weapon feels like re-skinned version of something from a previous COD. Melee attack misses constantly. Constantly got shot behind hard cover. Graphics are god awful, especially the "lightning strike" score streak. Audio is poor. Maps are forgettable. Campaign story was weak, only highlight there was the array ofTraded this piece in after a week. This game is horrendously unimagined. Every weapon feels like re-skinned version of something from a previous COD. Melee attack misses constantly. Constantly got shot behind hard cover. Graphics are god awful, especially the "lightning strike" score streak. Audio is poor. Maps are forgettable. Campaign story was weak, only highlight there was the array of armaments available. Zombie maps are okay, but not nearly as amusing as the prior installment. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2012
    The single player campaign was average at best, no real memorable moments and it felt extremely short.

The multiplayer is the least innovative cod in the series, but it offers some refreshing changes like the new pick 10 loadout system, scorestreaks and league play ranking, but don't expect to be blown away by it. The maps are poorly designed with head glitch spots at every corner and windows for people to camp in everywhere which makes it frustrating to run around, plus the maps are really small and tight. The guns are very balanced and every one is usable unlike Black ops 1.

They only offer one new game mode Hardpoint which is a crappy version of headquarters. Every other game is either slightly refined or not touched.

Overall an average game that will not wow you, especially if you've been playing cod for years now.
  46. Nov 22, 2012
    I haven't even played the game but its fair to say that this is just another update.Fifa started this crap a long long time ago.It takes min 2 years to develop a game.3 years to develop a good game.CoD is always fun to play and that's all it is.Why do have to have two different developers?It makes no sense.Only to Activision who are just plain greedy.Let Infinity Ward develop the CoDI haven't even played the game but its fair to say that this is just another update.Fifa started this crap a long long time ago.It takes min 2 years to develop a game.3 years to develop a good game.CoD is always fun to play and that's all it is.Why do have to have two different developers?It makes no sense.Only to Activision who are just plain greedy.Let Infinity Ward develop the CoD series and let Treyarch develop the zombies.Thats what they're good at.All we ever wanted was more maps for CoD 4. Treyarch should spend their 1-2 years developing decent zombie maps instead of some of the recent rubbish they released on the 1st BOps Expand
  47. Feb 6, 2013
    This game is fairly standard in the CoD franchise, not my favorite one either. But the things that made the franchise popular with the general public are still here: smooth graphics, fast gun play and lots of kill-streaks (score-streaks). If you didn't like the series before, you probably still won't, and if you loved the series, this game won't let you down. Side-note: Still unsure how IThis game is fairly standard in the CoD franchise, not my favorite one either. But the things that made the franchise popular with the general public are still here: smooth graphics, fast gun play and lots of kill-streaks (score-streaks). If you didn't like the series before, you probably still won't, and if you loved the series, this game won't let you down. Side-note: Still unsure how I feel about the new layout for zombies, it is an interesting step, but it would be better with some solid instructions. Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2012
    I really want to like this game, it's fast and fun but at the same time it really hasn't wowed me at all and I think this is going to be the last COD I buy on launch day. I like the new pick 10 system and some of the new features like the shock sticks and the millimetre scanners but the maps seem to be designed to encourage spawn trapping, the spawn system is broken and god help you ifI really want to like this game, it's fast and fun but at the same time it really hasn't wowed me at all and I think this is going to be the last COD I buy on launch day. I like the new pick 10 system and some of the new features like the shock sticks and the millimetre scanners but the maps seem to be designed to encourage spawn trapping, the spawn system is broken and god help you if you're playing mp split screen! Yes I realise in games like domination you swap spawns at half time but that does not excuse spawning in the exact same location again and again if your team is spawn trapped! How is it that after all these years they still haven't done something about these issues!?!? When I played on my own it was a mix of fun and frustrating but this was down to the other players in all fairness (being paired with randoms against a full team is rarely fun!), however when I later played split screen with my wife it was almost unplayable! I have a 38MB broadband speed and I am a damn good player, other players should not need near enough a full clip to die! Oh and also what's the point of altering perks to discourage camping when the maps seem to do nothing but encourage camping!! I really, really wanted to like this game after the frustration-fest that was MW3 but so far I'm really not impressed. Expand
  49. Nov 19, 2012
    This is an honest review, Im not just bashing the game. First of all the campaign.. WTF!?!?!... graphic wise, some times I felt I was playing a wii game, they are terrible, a lot of missions are boring and got you doing stupid stuff like the one in the dessert riding a horse, honestly TERRIBLE STUFF. Zombies? well I dont know why this **** mode keeps getting so much praise when there isThis is an honest review, Im not just bashing the game. First of all the campaign.. WTF!?!?!... graphic wise, some times I felt I was playing a wii game, they are terrible, a lot of missions are boring and got you doing stupid stuff like the one in the dessert riding a horse, honestly TERRIBLE STUFF. Zombies? well I dont know why this **** mode keeps getting so much praise when there is L4D 1 & 2 out there, movement is slow, zombies are overpowered, etc. Multiplayer.. well, its way more of the same every year. This constant wave of yearly COD keeps feeling more like a DLC. I yet have to see the day when a COD game beats what once was done by COD:MW1 Expand
  50. Nov 28, 2012
    Campaign was boring, couldn't even get myself to finish it. The multiplayer has actually degraded over the years. I can say with a clear conscience that 90% of the players use submachine guns due to their ungodly ability to kill you nearly instantaneously without any consideration for accuracy (lazer sights) or ammo (extended magazine). I played this game for about 3 weeks, and I cannotCampaign was boring, couldn't even get myself to finish it. The multiplayer has actually degraded over the years. I can say with a clear conscience that 90% of the players use submachine guns due to their ungodly ability to kill you nearly instantaneously without any consideration for accuracy (lazer sights) or ammo (extended magazine). I played this game for about 3 weeks, and I cannot waste any more time playing it. I've playing this series since CoD 4, and I can say with all certainty that this series is dead. Don't waste your time or money on this game. Go buy Dishonored, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, or some other title that is infinitely better than this garbage. Oh yeah, and season pass? Seriously? Is $60 once a year for the same ole garbage not enough? I'm done. Expand
  51. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm glad I rented it first. The game really isn't that good. I'm not a COD hater. I used to love this franchise, but it just isn't the same...or actually that is the problem, it is the same. Same old same old. So they set it in the future, but the overall experience is just the same old thing and I just couldn't get into it this time. I got bored right away and this is going back toI'm glad I rented it first. The game really isn't that good. I'm not a COD hater. I used to love this franchise, but it just isn't the same...or actually that is the problem, it is the same. Same old same old. So they set it in the future, but the overall experience is just the same old thing and I just couldn't get into it this time. I got bored right away and this is going back to RedBox tomorrow. Infinity Ward and Treyarch both need to sit down together with Activision and figure out how to innovate and breathe new life into the COD franchise. Nothing they've done over the last 2 years has felt innovative. Its like lipstick on a pig. Come up with a new graphics engine, come up with some new ideas and figure out how to get that spark back. I really want to like COD again, but this is not the one that will get me back into it. Everything just feels tired and old. I know that some will point out that the futuristic technology is what sets this one apart. But you now what this feels like? BO2 just feels like that hot actress that everyone couldn't stop talking about 10 years ago, but now she's old, tired, washed up and raiding your medicine cabinet for prescription pain killers, but if she'd just invest some money in an extreme makeover and get herself checked into rehab, she could shine once again. Expand
  52. Nov 21, 2012
    Terrible. The multiplayer encourages camping and headglitching and features tons of overpowered and annoying killstreaks. Also, hit detection is terrible, and I'm constantly on a 4-bar! The campaign is terrible, besides a few cool set pieces, and is not satisfying at all. And the new RTS mode is probably the worst part of it all. Zombies is a retread, featuring lame maps (Nothing like theTerrible. The multiplayer encourages camping and headglitching and features tons of overpowered and annoying killstreaks. Also, hit detection is terrible, and I'm constantly on a 4-bar! The campaign is terrible, besides a few cool set pieces, and is not satisfying at all. And the new RTS mode is probably the worst part of it all. Zombies is a retread, featuring lame maps (Nothing like the original classics or ascension), and there is lava along the ground which lights you on fire and turns zombies into annoying exploding zombies. There is literally nothing in this game that would justify even a 20$ price tag. COD, your days are numbered. Expand
  53. Jan 26, 2013
    I got the Hardened Edition and the season pass. I really gave black ops 2 almost 100 hrs of my life, until I said screw it and threw the game in the trash. . . after I destroyed the disc. The graphics are awesome! The weapons are awesome! the perks are good! zombies is boring! the single player is good. Yet i purchased black ops 2 for the multiplayer. after years of trying I can sayI got the Hardened Edition and the season pass. I really gave black ops 2 almost 100 hrs of my life, until I said screw it and threw the game in the trash. . . after I destroyed the disc. The graphics are awesome! The weapons are awesome! the perks are good! zombies is boring! the single player is good. Yet i purchased black ops 2 for the multiplayer. after years of trying I can say that COD multiplayer is not fun!!! Black Ops 2 has the same crap from all the other COD games online. Campers everywhere! Teams locking down the maps with snipers! Mercenary Mosh pit being hacked by teams! Constant host migration! I'm completely done with this COD FPS crap! I'm not spending hours of my precious gaming time with black ops 2, 3, 4, whatever! Gaming is suppose to be fun, not an exercise in frustration! Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2012
    This map pack is definately a must buy if you are into call of duty, the main reason i bought it was because i have MUG written on my forehead, you have to shine a UV light to detect it but its still there unfortunately, this means activision has implanted me with a chip that blips off when a new call of duty is released and makes me go and buy it or if you have the V2 chip you immediatelyThis map pack is definately a must buy if you are into call of duty, the main reason i bought it was because i have MUG written on my forehead, you have to shine a UV light to detect it but its still there unfortunately, this means activision has implanted me with a chip that blips off when a new call of duty is released and makes me go and buy it or if you have the V2 chip you immediately pre order it 4 months in advance, upon release you buy the game play it for 2 hours and wonder how you spent your money, then you have 8 months of life to live until they activate the chips again. Expand
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    im rlly dissapointed with treyarchs BO2. multiplayer isnt fun but instead feels just like mw3 A Camping Zone!!! all over. -__- zombies is somewhat fun but compared to BO zombies in BO2 are boring & small maps other than tranzit (when playing with strangers every1 is lost around & is stupid...loved BO but the 2nd is pretty crappy...
  56. Nov 15, 2012
    Are you joking me? 60 dollars down the drain for yet ANOTHER skin on the same CoD game. I wanted to love this game, I really did. The original Black Ops was by far superior to this. Let's start off with Multiplayer (as that is what I mainly play). Same CoD formula, but with a ton of bugs. First off, the spawn system is ridiculous. You will find that no matter where you spawn on theAre you joking me? 60 dollars down the drain for yet ANOTHER skin on the same CoD game. I wanted to love this game, I really did. The original Black Ops was by far superior to this. Let's start off with Multiplayer (as that is what I mainly play). Same CoD formula, but with a ton of bugs. First off, the spawn system is ridiculous. You will find that no matter where you spawn on the map, enemies will be there with you. Ballistics~ bullets are able to penetrate all materials (whether it is plastic, stone, or steel), even when dimmed by a suppressor. The maps are different, yet still maintain the same aspects of both black ops and MW2. In fact, when I first put the game into my drive, I noticed how much like Modern Warfare 2 this game really looked like. Unfortunately, I was expecting a Pandora's box of options, game play and design. Unfortunately, I was left with nothing but a dirty cardboard box, wrapped in some futuristic paper. With Halo 4 being it's main contender, I find it hard pressed to believe that this game has outsold 343's title in units. When it comes down to it, Call of Duty is nothing more than a high brand mimic of it's predecessors. People will continue to by it because of it's name, regardless of how awful the game play really is. Treyarch as well as Activision know this, so they will continue to crank out mediocre titles too satiate even the most hungry of CoD addicts. I'm disappointed that I cannot like this game. Looks like Halo 4 will be my new steady go-to, and Black Ops 2 will be traded in. Expand
  57. Nov 14, 2012
    I buy these games for one reason and one reason alone and that is multiplayer. While i can appreciate the steps Treyarch as made to bring in change to the facist regime that is COD the multiplayer falls short in almost every way, maps are crap, guns arent fun and the overall feel of the gameplay is just very off. I have been an advocate for the series since COD4 but my patience is wearingI buy these games for one reason and one reason alone and that is multiplayer. While i can appreciate the steps Treyarch as made to bring in change to the facist regime that is COD the multiplayer falls short in almost every way, maps are crap, guns arent fun and the overall feel of the gameplay is just very off. I have been an advocate for the series since COD4 but my patience is wearing thin. STOP coming out with one every year take a break and bring us a COD we deserve, not the one we need right now.... Expand
  58. Nov 17, 2012
    Gotta admit, this game took me by surprise. I had previously written off the CoD franchise in favor of Battlefield for it's vehicles & many different & new modes of game play & variety. Black Ops II is so different from the other CoD's that its gotten me hooked again. The campaign is no better or worse than Warfighter's & as a matter of fact, I think I enjoyed Warfighter more. But theGotta admit, this game took me by surprise. I had previously written off the CoD franchise in favor of Battlefield for it's vehicles & many different & new modes of game play & variety. Black Ops II is so different from the other CoD's that its gotten me hooked again. The campaign is no better or worse than Warfighter's & as a matter of fact, I think I enjoyed Warfighter more. But the Multiplayer in Black Ops II has so much more to offer its worth every penny you'll pay. My only gripes are the limited selection of weapons & for Chrissakes, beefup the gunfire sound effects. I shouldn't be able to hear someone in the game trying to explain something to me when I'm discharging my weapon. Battlefield's sound is far superior. The revamped score streak as opposed to kill streak makes the game a bit more fun for those of us that aren't dead-eye sights & aimers....

You should buy this game. Nice job Treyarch!
  59. Nov 19, 2012
    To me ops2 is a very poor game. Mp is so full of bugs and lag. There isn't anything new in this game right down to the maps. It really is a copy and paste game. I gave it a 5 do to the fact that the game loads up and plays. I really hope that this is the end to cod with the 2025 setting as I'm tried of getting the same old game each year. This game really could have been a dlc pack for mw3To me ops2 is a very poor game. Mp is so full of bugs and lag. There isn't anything new in this game right down to the maps. It really is a copy and paste game. I gave it a 5 do to the fact that the game loads up and plays. I really hope that this is the end to cod with the 2025 setting as I'm tried of getting the same old game each year. This game really could have been a dlc pack for mw3 than called ops2 as in fact it's faster game style of play is set more to that than in the first ops game. They added score chain to kill streaks and qs is back with the sniping in this as well. Lag comp is worse than mw3 or any other cod out in the past right now. I'm sure they will give a lame we fixed it in a few days but by then my copy of the game will be setting at a store for resale. So long ops 2 ): Expand
  60. Dec 23, 2012
    By far the worst Call of Duty game I've ever played, and by far the worst campaign I've ever played in my entire life. After 3 levels I quit because the story is simply pathetic, it tries too much to be dramatic for no apparent reason apart from the sake of being dramatic. The story is linear like every other Call of Duty game, but is simply just so god awfully stupid. I bought this gameBy far the worst Call of Duty game I've ever played, and by far the worst campaign I've ever played in my entire life. After 3 levels I quit because the story is simply pathetic, it tries too much to be dramatic for no apparent reason apart from the sake of being dramatic. The story is linear like every other Call of Duty game, but is simply just so god awfully stupid. I bought this game knowing the campaign was going to be terrible...... but I never thought it would be this bad. It would have been more entertaining to eat the disc than play the campaign, it is simply - horrible.

If you enjoy a horrible campaign with pointless drama, a terrible story line, and a cliche CoD storyline and gameplay, then this is the game for you.
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    First good COD in years. Campaign had a great story and actually made me care. Great gameplay. All the good stuff. Only downside is strategy missions. I really didn't like controls and AI in them.
  62. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is nothing but garbage. Multiplayers sucks unless you have a modded controller. The spawn system is arrocious. Enemies are constantly spawning on you. The weapons are unbalanced. The hit detection is terrible. This is by far the worst game in the series yet. Treyarch refuses to fix any of the problems. Save your money for battlefield 4.
  63. Nov 14, 2012
    This is probably one of the best games i've played all year and by far the the best call of duty to date. I want to be clear about something. I play most games for the story/singleplayer campaign. It's the most appealing aspect of a game to me. On those merits alone, this game DESERVES a near perfect score. It's really sad to see people tanking the games score without even trying it outThis is probably one of the best games i've played all year and by far the the best call of duty to date. I want to be clear about something. I play most games for the story/singleplayer campaign. It's the most appealing aspect of a game to me. On those merits alone, this game DESERVES a near perfect score. It's really sad to see people tanking the games score without even trying it out first. It accomplishes nothing. The game reviews well with actual professionals and makes hundreds of millions of dollars. Being on the complaining side of a game that is that popular just makes you look like you need your head checked out. Expand
  64. Nov 17, 2012
    The only reason why this game is not getting a 10 is because of the aging multiplayer and engine. The multiplayer outdoes MW3's. If you liked the previous multiplayer of the other call of duty's then you'll like this one too. The single player is just as great as the previous call of duty's. It's really intense. The zombies is the best part of this game. The TranZit mode is perfect forThe only reason why this game is not getting a 10 is because of the aging multiplayer and engine. The multiplayer outdoes MW3's. If you liked the previous multiplayer of the other call of duty's then you'll like this one too. The single player is just as great as the previous call of duty's. It's really intense. The zombies is the best part of this game. The TranZit mode is perfect for those who are continuing the story from Black Ops 1 and W@W. It also includes smaller survival maps that are boring for old timers but are sure to bring new people into zombies. The new grief mode is fun and refreshing and really entertaining. Looking forward to more zombies, don't care for multiplayer in the end. Expand
  65. Apr 12, 2013
    Love or hate it COD is here to stay, if you are looking for something new then yes they have med some. But most of the game is the same as the other in the series. i am however really impressed by the story as it has to be the best in the series yet. With multiple endings and choices you have that impacts the campaign i love the new direction the story took. By far the best in the seriesLove or hate it COD is here to stay, if you are looking for something new then yes they have med some. But most of the game is the same as the other in the series. i am however really impressed by the story as it has to be the best in the series yet. With multiple endings and choices you have that impacts the campaign i love the new direction the story took. By far the best in the series even though it`s the same ol formula Expand
  66. Aug 15, 2013
    Before I start, I'll say this: I don't hate Call of Duty Black Ops 2, its just way too similar to the previous entries in the series. Similar enough that it basically adds little to the franchise in terms of innovation.
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    I haven't played the single payer campaign yet (and most people aren't buying it for single player) so I can't comment on that but my score is from what I have experienced on multiplayer and zombies. The changes to the class creation system are fantastic. The pick 10 system is genius and really lets you play how you want to. It was a bit confusing at first but I soon got to grips with it.I haven't played the single payer campaign yet (and most people aren't buying it for single player) so I can't comment on that but my score is from what I have experienced on multiplayer and zombies. The changes to the class creation system are fantastic. The pick 10 system is genius and really lets you play how you want to. It was a bit confusing at first but I soon got to grips with it. The maps have been great to play on and the whole presentation has been given a facelift. For zombies, the maps are brilliant and tranzit is amazing. If you loved the zombies on the first game then you will like this one. Overall I am very happy with the game so far and intend to put a lot of hours into both of these modes. Expand
  68. Dec 5, 2012
    I just find it hilarious how many people say the obligatory: "same as last year, adds nothing new, blah blah blah." It's just SUCH an exaggeration and only tells me that you didn't really play the game. That's NOT an effective review. You CANNOT just say "it's the same as before" and be done, because that's not technically true. Black Ops 2 actually added and changed a lot more than MW3I just find it hilarious how many people say the obligatory: "same as last year, adds nothing new, blah blah blah." It's just SUCH an exaggeration and only tells me that you didn't really play the game. That's NOT an effective review. You CANNOT just say "it's the same as before" and be done, because that's not technically true. Black Ops 2 actually added and changed a lot more than MW3 did. The campaign was good fun and had interesting missions. I enjoyed it. The multiplayer is fun, tried something new with the pick 10 system, and the UI is a big improvement over the crappy one MW3 had. The game is overall fun and enjoyable. There are so many people who just dislike COD because it's a bandwagon mentality and therefore their judgement is severely clouded. That tends to happen with certain games and it's REALLY a shame. Expand
  69. Mar 25, 2013
    I was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is notI was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is not about the game itself. Imagine if it's the first time you play this game. The graphics is awesome and the game runs at 60 FPS which is amazing. The multiplayer is intense and fun (in the beginning). The zombie mode is the best and very addictive. I wish Activision could release COD games every 2 or 3 years instead of 1, because people will get bored really fast. Expand
  70. Feb 18, 2013
    The first Black Ops was great, this one doesn't. Predictable campaign, lack of memorable moments, online noobtobing, zombies mode is not as fun as in Black Ops 1, unmemorable soundtrack,... Makes you think that Infinity Ward made this game. The new features such as optional missions and alternative mission incomes are the only things that makes me not rate it a 0/10.
  71. Dec 20, 2012
    I would pay at least $40 for the zombie mode. The extra $10 that they ask of me for the inclusion of multiplayer is not worth it. I love the zombie mode but the multiplayer has not appealed to me since World at War. They have removed all stealth and ambushing aspects of multiplayer and instead decided kill streaks and reaction time rule the game. Don't get me wrong, I can keep up andI would pay at least $40 for the zombie mode. The extra $10 that they ask of me for the inclusion of multiplayer is not worth it. I love the zombie mode but the multiplayer has not appealed to me since World at War. They have removed all stealth and ambushing aspects of multiplayer and instead decided kill streaks and reaction time rule the game. Don't get me wrong, I can keep up and boasted a high 2.2 K/D ratio in the original Black Ops, but I was just bored. I felt that I did not have to think about what I was doing. I would just run, aim at the obvious locations and get quick kills, then continue moving; repeat. It made me feel like a machine. Zombie mode is excellent, and the additions they have made to it are game-changing. I just pray that the developers realize that these modes belong separate and dedicate a game solely to zombie mode. Expand
  72. Oct 17, 2013
    Decided to review Call of Duty this year after the year of playing it. It is by far the call of duty ever bar maybe world at war which also sucked. The balance of weapons has simply been atrocious Beachhead bailed on elite 5 months in for next gen, it has been the worst COD experience of my life. Bring back COD4 for gods sake.
  73. Jul 17, 2013
    The game for 60 is NOT always good. Graphics are slightly improved, which is a big plus, but the repetitive gameplay, same formula for singlplayer and multiplayer are bad for REALLY popular FPS. Plus there are kids all over the servers and they are crying all over the microphone! Pretty much same with upgraded graphics.
  74. Dec 29, 2012
    I use to be a fan of Call of Duty games, but now they have just gone down hill. I beat Call of Duty: Black Ops II within four hours, this was probably the shortest Call of Duty game, or any game that I have ever played. I also couldn't even follow the story line, it was all over the place and confusing. I didn't bother with multiplayer, I figure it'd be the same as any other CoDI use to be a fan of Call of Duty games, but now they have just gone down hill. I beat Call of Duty: Black Ops II within four hours, this was probably the shortest Call of Duty game, or any game that I have ever played. I also couldn't even follow the story line, it was all over the place and confusing. I didn't bother with multiplayer, I figure it'd be the same as any other CoD multiplayer. Don't bother listening to the journalists, this game is not intense, nor the best. If you're looking for a good Call of Duty game, go back to the first ones, that's all I can say. Expand
  75. Nov 15, 2012
    I can't understand negative critics because BLOPS 2 is just another COD. Of course it is. One of the better. Maybe the best just according to the different kind of games in one: not only zombies, the best zombies with its awsome new tranzit, multiplayer, of course, wich is better now because you can play in your league, boots, split screen, ..... BLOPS 1 was the best COD on 2010 and BLOPSI can't understand negative critics because BLOPS 2 is just another COD. Of course it is. One of the better. Maybe the best just according to the different kind of games in one: not only zombies, the best zombies with its awsome new tranzit, multiplayer, of course, wich is better now because you can play in your league, boots, split screen, ..... BLOPS 1 was the best COD on 2010 and BLOPS 2 is the same staff, but improved. I found what I thought I'd find. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2012
    The hate has already started flowing for the new CoD. After playing so many versions of basically the same game, black ops 2 does enough to separate itself from the repetitive modern warfare formula over the years. It has a new and improved multiplayer. The new load out system is awesome allowing for complete customization of your classes. The single players story is great and the transferThe hate has already started flowing for the new CoD. After playing so many versions of basically the same game, black ops 2 does enough to separate itself from the repetitive modern warfare formula over the years. It has a new and improved multiplayer. The new load out system is awesome allowing for complete customization of your classes. The single players story is great and the transfer between cold war and 2025 is seamless. The characters, writing, voice acting, and action sequences are all awesome. Yes, the engine is a bit dated but CoD is the only game to achieve 60fps CONSTANTLY. No other game has been able to capture the crisp movements and gameplay CoD offers. Black Ops 2 adds a new facial software allowing for better character expressions. It also adds choices to the single player. Some are simple go here or go there choices but during the story, based on the decisions you make, you'll get a different ending than someone who may have not done the same objectives. The ability to setup a load out in single player before missions start is also awesome. Single player = F'ing sweet. Lastly, the zombie mode is like crack. The new mode is awesome, getting on a bus to go to another area. The updated weaponry is sweet. In all, this game rocks. People can hate all day about CoD but this version is one that people will want to come back for more and more. And then some more after that... Expand
  77. Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able toWell, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able to get at least some satisfaction out of it. The multiplayer is actually quite good. For the first time they actually got the gun power right. Not one gun is over powered and used by everyone in the game, but instead each gun seems to be ment for a certain playing style/map. Speaking of the maps, they are by far the least innovational part of the game. I often times find myself thinking of a map from a previous COD while playing the multiplayer. (I swear to god, Hijacked is just Nuketown on a boat.) Then we have zombies. Now, I absolutely loved the zombies in the original Black ops and I must say that I am kind of disappointed with transit. It just feels like a giant cluster to me. Too complicated I guess? Then when you play on one of the four locations by itself it just feels too small. On the other hand though, the DLC's zombie map is much more enjoyable and I hope to see much more like it in the future. In my opinion, the game is definitely worth owning. I give it a 7 out of 10 Expand
  78. Nov 17, 2012
    Well-fleshed out campaign: granted it is completely unrealistic and off the wall. The graphics sincerely need an overhaul, its now lacking in that department critically. The guns feel nice when shot. The MP as of now, in my experiences, is just shy of a train wreck. The lag even on 360 is atrocious, the maps are decent enough...when the spawns actually flip and its not both teams on theWell-fleshed out campaign: granted it is completely unrealistic and off the wall. The graphics sincerely need an overhaul, its now lacking in that department critically. The guns feel nice when shot. The MP as of now, in my experiences, is just shy of a train wreck. The lag even on 360 is atrocious, the maps are decent enough...when the spawns actually flip and its not both teams on the same side. The worst part of the MP is the hit detection, it is awful, you feel you should have won a gun fight but some how become insta-dead. People were complaining about Warfighter, this is worse, and they out in the theater mode again so you can watch yourself have crosshairs right on a guy and not even get a marker. Its bad. I feel they spent too much time on Zombies, that part is great, its new and different but not completely away from what made it popular. Overall this game is good at best, maybe if they fix the online MP problems it will be decent. Expand
  79. Jan 9, 2013
    There's a common misconception going on that just because a game breaks sales records; it's a good game. The only reason COD Waste of Money 2 made any sales is because of the hype it generated prior to its release. It's just that all the 12 year old fan boys can't see it. I think they should just make a really **** COD this year, kill the series and be done with it. Why waste time onThere's a common misconception going on that just because a game breaks sales records; it's a good game. The only reason COD Waste of Money 2 made any sales is because of the hype it generated prior to its release. It's just that all the 12 year old fan boys can't see it. I think they should just make a really **** COD this year, kill the series and be done with it. Why waste time on another one if all you're ever going to do is lie about how great it and then get other people to lie for you? I mean, an 83 over all from critics? Seriously? So if I made a game about me taking a **** in a different toilet every week and paid the right people then I'd get a high score too? The critics who gave this game any score above 60 should be ashamed of themselves. You want to know what the most frustrating thing is? You stupid ass users who review the game like a bunch of tit sucking fan-boys expecting us to feel the same way and shooting us down from a dizzying height when we don't. Seriously: **** you guys. If I say this game is **** then it's my opinion, go take your drool and **** stained diapers somewhere else. Okay, done ranting about that. Back to COD! or rather, never again back to COD. Not until they A) Make a game with a compelling story that doesn't feel like it was written for 5 year olds, B) Actually upgrade the graphics (Battlefield 3 still looks better after 2 years. **** sakes guys) and C) Not have the pretentious micro-penis it requires to actually charge more than the average first person shooter for a sub-par game. Bye. Expand
  80. Dec 11, 2012
    I will start by saying I'm one of the people that doesn't partake in the annual map add-ons that Activision calls "Full Games" I still play World at War and Black Ops 1. I don't understand why a franchise that sells this much can't afford to do some real R&D and develop an excellent game through and through.

I tried playing the campaign it just had a more stale feeling to it than any of

I tried playing the campaign it just had a more stale feeling to it than any of the other CoD's I've ever played, unexciting, I played half way through before I was so bored I couldn't take anymore, I've never been too much into the Multiplayer so I can't comment on that.

The only positive side I can mention is the Zombie mode but even that's a mixed bag, on one hand it's fun and interesting, although I'd like it better if those annoying flying babies could be turned off so exploring between areas was fun and strategic, but no, your stuck in these tiny areas.

The Zombie mode now requires friends to get anywhere, running around by yourself good luck with that not as fun as BO1 and WaW Zombie modes in my opinion, hopefully there DLC will breathe more light into the Zombie mode. They really didn't innovate anything here, and those parts where you command units and tell them where to go etc, feels worthless and thrown in as a last minute attempt to be "Different" which failed miserably.

I am done with the CoD series until they seriously do some work on it, these games have become bland and stale. So I will sum it up two stars only cause the Zombie mode is kind of fun (only when you have good people to play with) but the rest of this is a add-on with the CoD name slapped onto it.

Luckily, I didn't buy this game, I borrowed from my brother and had it for a few weeks. He to was disappointed and traded it in the second he got it back from me to get Far Cry 3 (Puts this game to shame). I know there's a lot to be said with the Cod and Halo series, but at least the Halo's aren't every single year, if your not going to change anything give us a break in between at least...
  81. Nov 16, 2012
    CALL OF DOODIE: CRAP OPS 2. People get suckered into spending $60 every November for the same game w/minor changes; it's too bad the COD franchise milks people for sales every year. Name a company that's gonna turn down the opportunity for multi million dollar sales every single year though. That said, it's understandable that another installment releases every single year. What I don'tCALL OF DOODIE: CRAP OPS 2. People get suckered into spending $60 every November for the same game w/minor changes; it's too bad the COD franchise milks people for sales every year. Name a company that's gonna turn down the opportunity for multi million dollar sales every single year though. That said, it's understandable that another installment releases every single year. What I don't understand is why so many people feel compelled to spend $60 on it again and again and again. I shoud point out that I'm not one of the stupid, immature peope on here who submit reviews on games just to give them undeserving scores of "0" in order to pull their score down. The "reviewers" who are doing that should be banned from Metacritic because they're just ruining the site. If games like this deserve a "0" then what the does a truly bad game deserve to get? I think this game deserves a "7." The graphics are great. The campaign is epic and the game boasts lots of multiplayer modes. Zombies is still there too. The reason I only give it a 7 is because it doesn't do anything that previously released COD games haven't already done. It's simply another $60 rehash. My recommendation to fellow gamers is to STICK WITH INFINITY WARD. They're the true creators and developers of COD. Treyarch sucks in comparison because their games are plagued with glitches and they try too hard to make their games "over the top." Also, while on the subject of comparisons, Infinity Ward's "Special Ops" is way more impressive than Treyarch's "Zombies." Modern Warfare 4 will be out in November next year so there's no good reason to waste $60 on BO2. Get Halo 4 since it's a breath of fresher air, enjoy the DLC you likely already invested in for MW3, and look forward to MW4 kicking BO2's ass in a matter of months. :) Expand
  82. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, butCampaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  83. Dec 9, 2012
    A game that shouldn't be getting as many negative reviews as it has been getting from the users , Black Ops 2 delivers what I was expecting from the campaign with a few surprises. I really loved the fact for once in the CoD series you get to have choices that will alter the ending! You can also choose on what missions you get to do that will also change the story line. The story lineA game that shouldn't be getting as many negative reviews as it has been getting from the users , Black Ops 2 delivers what I was expecting from the campaign with a few surprises. I really loved the fact for once in the CoD series you get to have choices that will alter the ending! You can also choose on what missions you get to do that will also change the story line. The story line itself is action-packed and great! The gameplay is generally the same, but that's expected for most FPS games (for me at least). Although the campaign was great, the multiplayer was still the same as the modern warfare and above. Although I like the fact that it has 'score-streaks' instead of kill-streaks ( I don't know that was in MW3 as well, didn't play the multiplayer since i was disappointing with it in general). But I still have fun with it nevertheless. The guns in multiplayer are somewhat off-balanced, being that the SMGs are the superior weapons in multiplayer (like it has been since mw2) but it is not too bad (although the mp7 is a bit too good). Plenty of gamemodes to choose from.

Zombie Mode though is great! It is improved and a bit more polished from Black Ops 1. It has 1 additional perk called Tombstone (wanna learn about it? Google it.) And of there is a good amount of weapons to choose from with few being worthless. Although there is one thing that disappointed me a a bit. The lack of maps on there. There is technically 4 maps ( Tranzit, Farm, Town, and Nuketown) but it only feels like their is 2 maps. Farm and Town can be played on Tranzit ( which is just basically one huge map) and Nuketown is only obtainable at the moment for Hardened Edition, Deluxe Edition, and the Care Package (The Collectors Edition). I know I could of payed gotten them easily, but I'am not spending 20$ extra dollars on a game for just one map and a few crappy other additions. But overall I'am still pleased with Zombie mode.
  84. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started the campaign and the cut-scenes looked decent, but damn the graphics were horrible for the introductory mission! I always disliked how simple, small and fake the vehicles look in CoD games. The graphics are neat in other places but still look outdated, reminded me of Black Mesa source in mission 2. They haven't improved anything much, even with the new post futuristic setting its all terrorist this terrorist that. The multiplayer is more of the same, still remains imblalanced with bugs everywhere, and worst how Nuketown was removed and now only available in special occasions, incredibly unsatisfied. Expand
  85. Nov 28, 2012
    This game has the worst campaign ending. The multiplayer is the same **** **** The only thing good this game has is the zombies. Mass effect 3 has a better ending!!!!
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    As a regular player of the original Black Ops I had hoped to enjoy almost every aspect of COD Black Ops II (with the exception of Zombies) but now that I have actually played the sequel I can only say what a massive disappointment it is.
    I bought this game at midnight and queued for an hour and a half to get it on release.
    When I got home and first loaded the disc I was greeted with a
    When I got home and first loaded the disc I was greeted with a mandatory update - 24 Mb - hardly a good start and increasingly common these days. Then came the Nuke-Town DLC - 125 MB - and when that was done I had the chore of setting the graphics / sound / safe zone options. Half an hour since the disc went in and I haven't actually fired a shot yet.
    When I did actually get to play I selected multiplayer first - and a quick look at the leader-boards revealed that some people at the top of the leader-boards have had nearly two (2) days game-time played already!! That's game-time folks - not time that they've actually owned the game but time spent playing BEFORE the game was officially released.
    When I did get into my first multiplayer game I had to select my weapons from the default classes - and no weapons were familiar favourates. It seems that 'just to be seen to be a bit different' all default weapons have to be ones I was unfamiliar with. Oh well it was getting late so just get on with it.
    Although the graphics looked very 'cartoony' I was impressed by the effort that went into the way the game looked - a lot of it seemed very graphically simular to MW2 and 3 though. When playing I did seem to be dying too easily and taking too many shots to kill people though - a nasty sign that lag compensation has reared its ugly head again. I am on a 56 mbs (15 ms ping) fibre connection so someone on a 2 mbs landline will own my ass because Trayarch seem to not understand or care how fast internet connections actually put the person with the fast connection at a massive disadvantage or that the faster your connection and the lower your ping the more clients will try to join your host and those clients will be further away so will lag more and your ping will be artificially increased to 'make it fair' for slower clients at your expense AND IT DOESN'T WORK.. grmbl.
    The Pick 10 system doesn't work either - it annoys me and restricts load-outs and I spent too much time compromising on stuff I couldn't have rather than picking the stuff I could have. I did miss the option to buy new stuff using the money from challenges/kills/contracts from Black Ops I. The contracts and option to buy should never have been removed as this again brings this new game closer to to MW3 - just the same way that all the good weapons are only available late in the Presige ladder it will encourage people not to bother Prestiging so again Trayarch got it wrong. By now I was yearning to just play a good game and realising that it wasn't going to happen.
    I played the Single Player mode the next morning - in 3D and in Regular difficulty. Very impressed with the cut-scenes which oozed quality. However, the game itself was a joke. I was surrounded by a huge number of enemies only to be getting slight grazes by their weapons and gunships, seemingly superhuman in the face of impossible odds. My AK-47 worked in a way that was massively different to the multiplayer game in that it mowed down wave after wave of enemies. Disappointed in yet another COD let-down, I ended the game.
    This will sell in millions. It doesn't deserve to.
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    Multiplayer was what I was looking forward to, yet the graphics are cartoonish. Difficult to know when you've killed an opponent at long distance. Non-intuitive Create a class section. Not worth commenting further. waste of money.
  88. Nov 27, 2012
    I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1.I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1. BO1 was original. Money/Wager system, exciting weapons, weekly assignments. All gone. And their lag comp system makes %70 of the games unplayable. Really disappointing effort, if you can call it an effort at all. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2012
    I was excited to pick this game up after reading some reviews by critics. They made it sound like a lot had changed in this new cod game. After spending 60 dollars and playing the game, i realize these critics must have been paid to write all those good reviews. The games campaign is still the same on rails garbage that holds your hand through the entire game. Still has stupid enemy's thatI was excited to pick this game up after reading some reviews by critics. They made it sound like a lot had changed in this new cod game. After spending 60 dollars and playing the game, i realize these critics must have been paid to write all those good reviews. The games campaign is still the same on rails garbage that holds your hand through the entire game. Still has stupid enemy's that just run out in the open are just stand in one place and shoot. Its just a boring tin can shooter like all the other cod games. I know most people buy this for multiplayer, but I still would like to play a good fps campaign. The multiplayer is the same, so you will either love it or hate it. Expand
  90. Nov 14, 2012
    My Son and I purchased the Hardened edition and were so looking forward to it. It is a let down, the game play is too simular to Ghost Recon, and the maps might as well have been issued as map pack for Black Ops 1. I find the whole feel of this greatly dissapointing and feel I have totally waisted my money. My Son, after just 20 minutes, "Dad, its crap". Sorry. But if you know the previousMy Son and I purchased the Hardened edition and were so looking forward to it. It is a let down, the game play is too simular to Ghost Recon, and the maps might as well have been issued as map pack for Black Ops 1. I find the whole feel of this greatly dissapointing and feel I have totally waisted my money. My Son, after just 20 minutes, "Dad, its crap". Sorry. But if you know the previous maps you can even work out where they have just re-skinned them too. Look for launch forinstance, or Ait Plane wreck in COD 2, diverse examples of copied mapping. Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2012
    Ok Ok, this game has its downsides, I won't deny that. The campaign wasn't as "personal" as many thought it would be. The graphics/ game engine is a bit old and outdated. There still were tons of set pieces during the campaign and the "expanded choose your path" campaign that was so heavily advertised didn't branch out into any extra levels. But you got to look at the big picture here.Ok Ok, this game has its downsides, I won't deny that. The campaign wasn't as "personal" as many thought it would be. The graphics/ game engine is a bit old and outdated. There still were tons of set pieces during the campaign and the "expanded choose your path" campaign that was so heavily advertised didn't branch out into any extra levels. But you got to look at the big picture here. The multiplayer element is back in full bloom and thats what most people play. I can't say exactly why, but the feel of the multiplayer reminds me of mw2's, and it got me hooked unlike the first blops and modern warfare 3. Almost every single map is fun to play, and the guns are varied enough for most of them to be able to stand out on their own. Zombies continue to expand with the new tranzit mode, and also a grief mode, to add onto the original survival game mode that has still not gone stale. The campaign itself showed signs of improvement, with the both non linear and strike force missions(which were quite fun tbh). Both are rather weak, but still shows signs that the franchise is headed into the right direction. So overall, though it's not the perfect game and it didn't really deliver on all of its expectations(which is why i think everybody is giving it a bad rep), it still is a good overall game with lots of replay value (awesome multiplayer and zombie modes). Expand
  92. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game combines the best of black ops modern warfare 2 and 3 as well as a new look to the series, good class system so as to bet puntos.Treyacht streak for risking and renew the series and they went well, I give it a 10 if tubiera dedicated servers. Expand
  93. Nov 15, 2012
    It is beyond me how we still have people who buy Call of Duty. It s the same thing it always is. The only thing i keep hearing in Trey Arcs case is that the game has zombies. So what? To any body that buys this game over many other great zombie games I say shame. If trey arc wants zombies, make a real zombie game, not a gimmick inside of a war shooter. Back to Call of Duty. Nothing changesIt is beyond me how we still have people who buy Call of Duty. It s the same thing it always is. The only thing i keep hearing in Trey Arcs case is that the game has zombies. So what? To any body that buys this game over many other great zombie games I say shame. If trey arc wants zombies, make a real zombie game, not a gimmick inside of a war shooter. Back to Call of Duty. Nothing changes to the point where I want to spend another 60 bucks. Id rather wait for much better FPS games like Far Cry 3 or just play current great FPS games like Crysis 2 or Borderlands 2. Sequals that took what was good about the first game and then multiplied it to make it its own without ruining what made them great. Call of Duty is just been played out.

I do however give the publisher activision much respect in the fact that they keep producing the same game year after year and get millions to buy it.

"Its cause its great. People wouldnt buy it if it sucked."

Good point. To that I say take out single player. See if people will buy it it if its only online. They would.

The whole basis of my opinion is that they dont know how to make an engaging story.

Bottom line. Buy it, dont buy it. I dont care. I know where I stand.
  94. Nov 16, 2012
    Starting in the Campaign. It had a good story line but It offered no challenge on Veteran, I was finished with it in 3 hours. Next is Multiplayer. Maps are horribly designed, head glitches are ridiculous, too easy to die on core, when you shoot someone half the time its not even the person, and all around horrible experience. The only this that brought my score from a 0 to a 3 is Zombies.Starting in the Campaign. It had a good story line but It offered no challenge on Veteran, I was finished with it in 3 hours. Next is Multiplayer. Maps are horribly designed, head glitches are ridiculous, too easy to die on core, when you shoot someone half the time its not even the person, and all around horrible experience. The only this that brought my score from a 0 to a 3 is Zombies. I believe this new zombie idea is awesome. There maps added together though don't seem as big as they were talking. Tranzit is about as comparable as any other HUGE zombie map but is not actually HUGE. I want an expansive map that i can roam around and find something i haven't found before. Ranking of CoD 1. CoD 4, CoD WaW, CoD MW3, Cod BO, CoD MW2, CoD BO 2 THIS GAME DOES NOT DESERVE A 10!!!! Expand
  95. Nov 16, 2012
    Black Ops 2. 1) The campaign is pointlessly gory. Why do we need to watch people's heads getting cut off and listening to women getting raped? Who with a right mind takes pleasure in that?
    2) Multiplayer is boring. Some new killstreaks, guns maps but in the end its CoD MW3 and Black Ops in one.
    3) Cod is lost. The game designers are stupid. They are trying to do their best to make this game good, but in the end its even worse.
    The only thing that stops me from hating this game is zombies. I love zombies and always will, If I will ever buy another Call Of Duty game it will be a zombies only game.
    Oh by the way the ending is even worse than Prometheus.
  96. Nov 16, 2012
    The whole point of Call of Duty is the online. That's pretty much why it's bought anymore. The only problem is that Treyarch can't overcome the fact that Call of Duty online is always poorly done. I've been playing Call of Duty games online since COD2. Black Ops 2's online is terrible. It just is. They implement lag compensation that punishes good connections and rewards bad. TheThe whole point of Call of Duty is the online. That's pretty much why it's bought anymore. The only problem is that Treyarch can't overcome the fact that Call of Duty online is always poorly done. I've been playing Call of Duty games online since COD2. Black Ops 2's online is terrible. It just is. They implement lag compensation that punishes good connections and rewards bad. The submachine guns, like in every CoD, are obscenely overpowered to the point the other types are useless. They put in a new tactical grenade called the shock charge. For some reason, they felt the need to make it combine every feature of every grenade: can't move, does some damage, blinds you, and can be set in a spot to be triggered by passer-by. Probably the biggest problem is the map design. Every map leans towards the people who play Call of Duty by sitting in one spot where you're almost unkillable. Windows, random sandbags, boxes, upper floor buildings, etc. are all spots where only the tip of your head is able to be seen, while you can see everything, and they are literally at every corner. All-in-all, the online is dumbed down some more to appeal to the people who are no good at games in general. Expand
  97. Nov 16, 2012
    I really thought this game was a good change from the last. The branches story line and decisions that affect the game is a cool touch. The new Zombie modes are killer!
  98. Nov 16, 2012
    To be quickly honest, I intended to purchase COD: Black Ops 2 mainly for the zombie gameplay. I loved the previous installments' zombie levels. The campaign continues on from the first COD, but it was difficult to understand the plot at first. It was only several missions in that I understood what was happening. The back and forth of the past and future felt off at times. The levels wereTo be quickly honest, I intended to purchase COD: Black Ops 2 mainly for the zombie gameplay. I loved the previous installments' zombie levels. The campaign continues on from the first COD, but it was difficult to understand the plot at first. It was only several missions in that I understood what was happening. The back and forth of the past and future felt off at times. The levels were diverse, but I had a huge issue with the strike force missions; forget commanding your teams from the bird's eye view. You literally have to win the battle yourself, the AI is so horrible.

I had a huge problem with the character script of Admiral Briggs. In nearly every sequence, you'd hear him swear and/or over dramatize certain phrases. "Swears like a Sailor" is excruciatingly put to the test, even coming from someone who swears too often.

The multiplayer point system for your loadout is really awesome. It adds a large benefit for broader customization. Player card editing is back but doesn't seem to provide as much as the first COD installment. The list of weapons is also a good size, allowing you to choose from many types, but the perks are still all too similar and seem to be limited. It would be great to have a larger list for even more customization.
  99. Nov 16, 2012
    I was excited to try this after a lot of publications said it was way different than the past COD games, which I got bored with after modern warfare 2. Sadly this is only partly true. The single player game has improve quite a lot, but the multiplayer/zombies stays essentially the same. First the story is a ton better....I was actually constantly looking forward to the next part of theI was excited to try this after a lot of publications said it was way different than the past COD games, which I got bored with after modern warfare 2. Sadly this is only partly true. The single player game has improve quite a lot, but the multiplayer/zombies stays essentially the same. First the story is a ton better....I was actually constantly looking forward to the next part of the story. There is a huge amount of suspense built throughout the game because you know that **** is about to hit the fan with a America's drone force attacking itself. I usually dont like stories that jump around, but this works very well. Each level is completely different, varied, and in a different location...and you dont get lost within the timeline. It is cool how it allows you to make "Choices", but this feels like it wasnt built from the ground up....rather it was thrown in afterword because the different way of doing things seems tacked on. Some have said there is an open world element to the game....THIS IS NOT TRUE AT ALL...by open world they must mean a field surrounded invisible walls and only 2 routes to take. This is not open world and actually makes the game worse. Scripted sequences have always made the COD games stand out for action movie-like breathtaking sequences....but I think its time to move on. Yes, some of the scripted sequences within gameplay make for great parts, but many times it feels like my skill/shooting/moving abilities dont even matter because things are just flying by so fast and it feels that I would have survived, lets say a chase scene where you are shooting from the back of a truck , without even firing a bullet. Also for a scripted game, I dont understand why there are sometimes unlimited respawning enemies....I will be at a part in the game where I am constantly killing bad dudes, and they just keep coming, because I am unaware that I am supposed to move forwards....This especially gets annoying when you spend time killing an unknown number of buddies, decide to move up, than a random grenade lands at your feet or your hit by a mortar. The random deaths in this game from random greades really pisses me off, The multplayer is disappointing. The pick 10 feature is the only good new feature. Everyone has heard the arguments about why COD multplayer sucks now, so I will just list a few brief complaints... 1. There is no concept of a "front line" in this game....you will be facing a direction or moving in a direction for 15 seconds, and then suddenly someone has spawned behind your team and kills you with you not even knowing they are there. I know this cuts down on camping, but there must be better ways...I shouldnt have to keep looking behind at an area I just cleared.. FLANKING SHOULD BE A TEAM STRATEGY, not a spawning coincidence 2. First to be seen dies....there is really no point in aiming at heads because all the guns fire 100 bullets a second, and have no recoil....many people dont know that in console games there is a slight auto-aim in shooter games when your cursor gets close to a target. This is fine in games like Halo where you have time to dodge or take cover, but a slight auto aim with 1000 shots per seconds, 2 hit deaths, and shots going thru all walls, makes this game just plain stupid. ALL YOU DO IS SEE SOMEONE, SHOOT, AND IF YOU HAVE A FASTER FIRING GUN...YOU WIN! I realize that this game takes fast reaction time and reflex time, but I dont have that accuracy with my thumb...with a mouse I do, so it makes it so little teens with no IQ who only play COD ever have a chance of winning. You cant outsmart them because there is no way or time to....they see you first, you die, and they are probably behind you spawning in an area you just were in. It would be nice if there was any difference in the guns like in counter-strike GO....I mean I suck at that game on consoles because I dont have an accurate thumb from only playing COD all day, but I am amazing on PC...but atleast in that game there is actual RECOIL with the guns, and certain ways to shoot them...In this game you just aim in general direction and hold down bullet. I will admit that the multiplayer is addicting and a bit fun, but no other game makes me so angry. Its fun for awhile, but if I play multiplayer for more than an hour I am depressed and angry as ****....Battlefield 3, halo, counter-strike I would be having fun after an hour.. Overall. If you like modern warfare and black ops story, you will like this games single player a lot. Best story/characters/suspense/variation yet. If you hated most the other games single player story.characters then there is actually a chance you will like this. I you dont like call of duty multiplayer. you wont like this. If you like COD multiplayer, you will like this. Story = 9.2 Graphics = 6.3 multiplayer = 6.5 Replay = 8 Sound = 7.5 Originality = 6 Expand
  100. Nov 17, 2012
    After MW3, I bought black ops 2 with the ideal that I might actually just end up playing the single player and selling it back after i'd been killed 100 times in one game in the online multiplayer. After sinking days and days of playtime online on COD4, and WaW. And having sunk about 2 days into MW2 and MW3 online player and frankly hated it, i had no idea what to expect for BLOPS 2 (IAfter MW3, I bought black ops 2 with the ideal that I might actually just end up playing the single player and selling it back after i'd been killed 100 times in one game in the online multiplayer. After sinking days and days of playtime online on COD4, and WaW. And having sunk about 2 days into MW2 and MW3 online player and frankly hated it, i had no idea what to expect for BLOPS 2 (I thought BLOPS 1 was a great game). However, the online multiplayer on BLOPS 2 in all honesty saves the game. But first the story mode: It would be too harsh to say the story mode was a complete disaster, but really, it comes nowhere close to any of the other call of duties. There are no 'stand out missions'. The strike force missions and clunky and hard to use, and it lacks real emotion and a good soundtrack which in my opinion has made some of the games like COD4 and Waw whose sountracks cement those good moments of gameplay into your mind forever. I'd give the single player 4/10, 2 of those points coming for the impressive cutscenes preceeding the missions, some of the cinematics really are good but dont let that shadow the missions which really lack any substance. As for zombies, im underwhelmed, the maps are bad, with fire all over the floor so you can be running away from zombies and suddenly find yourself downed because you stood over a crack with flames coming out, which span the entirity of the map. But i guess you should decide for yourself. The muliplayer? It was average for me until i found the FAL DSW, its a great gun, and has the old school, classic, 3-shot body kill that was in COD4 and hasnt reutrnined since, I think no cod games will be good again until default damage is 3 hit kill, all of the round ending kill cams are of a filthy, over used, SMG probably with a silencer spraying about 15 bullets around the general area of someone without any real precision. But for Me the multi player, if cod 4 was 9.9/10 ( my opinion) black ops to is around the 8/8.5 mark. Expand

2. Jan 19, 2013