Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.8

1. Dec 31, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is an improvement from the other Call of Duty games; this instalment has better graphics, well-constructed action sequences and a serviceable plot. But the gameplay is far too similar to the other games and is not as entertaining as its predecessor.
  2. Jul 4, 2016
    Lets all be honest here, cod black ops 2 is the exact same game as the first. The story is just about some guy with Vietnam flashbacks I guess, but it's still pretty dull. The multiplayer is the exact same thing as the first, with one good map once again in the same game. The only reason why it wasn't lower was because of the zombie mode, which has better maps.
  3. Apr 17, 2016
    Bueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super marioBueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super mario o fifa son repetitivos, pero son divertidos(Siempre compro nuevos mario pero ya no fifa, con tener uno basta) Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2016
    This is not a game to play because of its single-player mode (short, linear, cliche...), but because of the multiplayer. This game has one of the best FPS gameplays of the VII generation of games; it's smooth, easy to learn and has a decent balance. By far the best Call of Duty since MW.
    We all know the problems with the community, the story mode (maybe playing at the highest difficulty will add a little challenge to it), silly and expensive DLCs... but playing it is a good experience.
    But... is it worth the initial price? Absolutely not. This game should be just about $25 or $30. That would be perfect. $70 is too much for such a product.
    Nevertheless, the 'naked' game has a decent amount of content; multiplayer and zombies mode. Personally I had a nice experience playing it with friends at home and online. Of course, this franchise has been 'casualized' but that should not be necessarily a bad thing if we talk about gameplay alone.
    The really bad things about this franchise are DLCs, bad single-modes and high pricing.
    Buying this for $30 or $25 is a very good investment though.
    There are also nice easter eggs...
  5. Aug 27, 2015
    This game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks areThis game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks are rather dull and uninteresting, and despite the fact that this is the most populated CoD, the lag is still rampant. I'd recommend if you're a fan of the series; otherwise stay away. (And ignore the people giving this game zero. That's false.) Expand
  6. Jun 17, 2015
    Jogo muito bem pensado , mais quando saiu do papel ficou com altos bugs e lag reinando , tirou 6 pelo seu planejamento , multiplayer e campanha do jeito que a treyarch sabe fazer mais o pessoal da progamação falhou bem !
  7. Apr 15, 2015
    This might be the one call of duty game I still play. I don't know what it is about the game, but its very addictive and fun compared to ghosts and advanced warfare. Target Finder is a downside for multiplayer though, and the entire "quickscope" community.
  8. Feb 25, 2015
    As one of my favorite games of all time (with the season pass), I hate giving it something it deserves, so I'm gonna try my best to give the STANDALONE GAME a rating it deserves.

First of all, I like this game, ok? I really do like it. That doesn't mean it's a good game though. The graphics are pretty bad. The gameplay is quite annoying. The campaign sucks. (seriously though, what did you expect when you clicked on campaign?) The multiplayer is OK, but I don't really like playing it that much. The only thing that makes me like this game is when I bought the season pass, I felt amazing! Yes it was pricey and had pretty crappy multiplayer maps, but the zombies was improved SO MUCH. SO FRICKING MUCH MAN. Since I'm reviewing the standalone and no dlc, the zombies sucks and the game is pretty bad for someone who doesn't like cod that much. If you're a fan like me, then you should like this game a bit.

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now if you want to like this game, you have to buy the season pass. sorry ):
  9. Dec 7, 2014
    The return of zombies mode helps this instalment beat last year's disappointing MW3. It is however little consolation as Black Ops 2 now marks two Call of Duty games in a row that have not been up to scratch.
  10. Nov 22, 2014
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Gameplay haphazard and desperate.. Some futuristic warfare, some past warfare, a bit of RTS / Tactical mode for no reason, and lots of random gameplay styles, from flight to swimming, to wingsuits.
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks. I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks.

I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found the plot so incredibly thin and ridiculous that it even seemed less plausible then Homefront, another fps with a crazy plot.

I'm glad I didn't buy this at launch prices.
  11. Nov 13, 2014
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

The campaign felt very iffy at times with confusing ways for it trying to connect with the first Black Ops. A good feature that came with the campaign though was the option to choose the weapon you wanted to go to battle with, which was a new feature that hasn't been seen in other CoD games. Now let's get to the
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

Now let's get to the multiplayer.

Good DLC, good maps, good rank system, and good semi-balanced weapons.
    The only issue with DLC was the minimal weapons added to the game. There was only one new weapon: the Peacekeeper.

I'm not going to get into Zombies, as I have not really played it that much to be able to give my full honest opinions on it.

Overall, my favorite CoD game for it's multiplayer aspect and would definitely play again if I wanted to.
  12. Aug 29, 2014
    When I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It'sWhen I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It's imaginative, and really fun, but it feels like they've overdone it with micro-transactions, which ruins it a bit. Overall, the game is good, but we've seen it too many times. Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    This game has a very easy gameplay, even in veteran. At the campaign, you always have to do the same thing at every mission (kill and run) and it's really boring. The multiplayer is almost the same thing that "Call of duty: Modern Warfare" 's and stills very easy to learn.
    I think that "Call of duty" would be a perfect game with dynamic maps, a harder gameplay (not just "kill and run") and a new game engine. I put 6 as score for only one reason: I had good experiences with my friends.
  14. Jul 17, 2014
    The Call of Duty series needs another refresh. I very much enjoyed the convoluted spy thriller / psychological drama that was "Black Ops". I did not enjoy the mess of the story in the sequel. When the game ended, I felt like vomiting, but you can't regurgitate memories.

Despite the future setting, the game play is familiar Call of Duty. Shoot waves of enemies until you get to the check point, hide until you health returns. They even added another "follow me while I whisper" psuedo stealth mission. Every use of future gear is brief, such as climbing gloves or a wing suit, and there is little sense that any of these gadgets provide any advantage in warfare or any advantage over current tech. One weapon, a gun with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls, stands out, but you can only use it in two missions.

The game further deepens the terribleness, with "Strike Missions". These RTS missions are tacked on and unfortunately necessary to achieve the "best" ending. (Though even the best ending will make you nauseous, I assure you). I have plenty of time wasters, I want to play a game with a narrative!

The biggest disappointment is the perfunctory multiplayer. How is the multiplayer any different than the prior 5 years worth of Call of Duty multiplayer? You have new maps and some new weapons, but everything else is exactly the same. Then of course the multiplayer experience for new players is hampered by the perks system. To keep a competitive advantage, you really have to buy the game on day one and keep playing it religiously until the next release, which you have to buy on day one. For anyone picking up the game later, like me, multiplayer is unbalanced and less fun. Plus, unless you buy a map pack, the few bundled maps become old rather quickly.

The best "Black Ops 2" has going for it is the high product value. The game plays well and multiplayer can be a fun experience. Some of the scenes are also memorable, just not enough of them for what should be the pinnacle of AAA shooters.
  15. Jul 16, 2014
    This game (like everyone's trying to tell you) not the worst **** ever neither the best ****.It's in between.

The mechanics are solid and polished, The multiplayer is nice, and the zombies mode is almost flawless. For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer

For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer experience to be considered a good game, even though i agree %80 with that there is always something else needed in a game in order to make it a complex and well thought universe. And that subject is: A good story!. Have you ever seen the CoD universe as a deep world with it's own events and people? No you just played the multiplayer the moment you got it and played it for a year until the new version came out. It's a unstoppable loop hole of cash-whoring.

Granted the CoD universe was never had a rich story or a single player mode because that was put in the game only in order to satisfy a certain number of single player lovers and lore freaks (including myself) but it doesn't need to be this way, you can just wait one more year for the love of quality over quantity and make a rich story and a great multiplayer mode.

Now other than that, the voice acting and the sound effects are quite solid, the graphics are fine but the topic that i was shocked by was the physics they were in fact really good.

So i give this game a 7/10 because it is a 7/10 means a good, not great but good game in my book. I hope that the future titles get a lot better by story.
  16. Jun 7, 2014
    I got Black Ops 2 hoping that it would be different from the others. It turns out I was foolish to think that because all I really got was more of the same except with a sci-fi setting, and a slightly better story. If you're hoping for something different BO2 doesn't deliver but if you're looking for another CoD that's what you'll get.
  17. May 3, 2014
    you know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which isyou know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which is pretty cool. but that's about the only really interesting thing about this game, because I prefer multiplayer on older titles. Expand
  18. Apr 26, 2014
    Great multiplayer experience. There is a lot of cool unlockable weapons and perks when you level up that are actually worth it. Fell short on the singlepplayer, however.
  19. Apr 16, 2014
    Black ops II isn't too bad. Campaign is boring, but you can still have some fun in multi player with friends, and just mess around there. The only part of this game that I really come back to is Zombies, which feels a lot more fast paced and fun compared to the other things. It isn't the best game ever, but its good if you want to play with friends.
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    Acceptable but not great. Graphics are good but not as good as Battlefield and Crysis. The campaign follows WOW and BO but is a bit of an improvement. I am quite disappointed in the Zombies mode as it could use improvement. The multiplayer is pretty good, especially the League Play despite all the little dumb 7-13 year olds shouting through the microphone.
  21. Jan 9, 2014
    I think my review of this game sums up what the Call of Duty franchise is but in one word, uninspired. This game is just nothing new at all and it brings nothing new to the world of first-person shooters. It's saving grace is it's local multiplayer (Zombies especially) but it's just not enough to save this game from being just.....uninspired and lazy.
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    Would much rather play this game over ghosts. I thought this game had issues til ghost came along. Fresh breathe of air after switching discs. This cod game has a much better multiplayer unless you're a camper, then feel free to play ghosts and never come back
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    Better than MW3. The multiplayer is more fun, and the futuristic weapons and ideas really seem to work, the zombies remains mostly the same, adds a few small things, and the single player is just decent. Don't expect much different from the basic CoD formula with this one, decent game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II gets a 7.7/10.
  24. Nov 20, 2013
    Another year, another action game for 12-year-olds.

The singleplayer is a basic CoD 4-hour-long experience. New changes include custom classes and player choices. The choices you make changes how the game ends. And that's about it. While the singleplayer isn't that bad (I'm not saying it's good either), the multiplayer is just utter garbage. The balance between weapons is horrible,
    Another year, another action game for 12-year-olds.

The balance between weapons is horrible, the constant lagging even with low ping makes the game unplayable, and there's almost nothing new compared to MW3. I guess it's safe to say that BO2 multiplayer is the worst CoD multiplayer of all time.

Now here's the best part of the game: Zombies!
    This game would've received a 4 from me if they didn't include our smelly, screaming friends in the game.
    The map, Green Run, is a giant map. That's why you travel around it by bus. There's also an easter egg "mission" to complete.
  25. Nov 17, 2013
    The weapons are pretty good. But it seems like they are just way to freaked out about getting Raul Menendez. Well, it's better compared to ghosts. Plus the way that these characters act make no freakin sense.
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm going to start this positively. It's a fun casual game to play for semi-long intervals, be it campaign or multiplayer. The campaign: The artwork is not GTAV or Shadow Of The Colossus good, but still amazing. It's bright and jumpy, unlike most CODs. The campaign has seen the debut of moral chooses, that permit 3 endings. These ending are wellish thought-out, with some minor flaws. ThisI'm going to start this positively. It's a fun casual game to play for semi-long intervals, be it campaign or multiplayer. The campaign: The artwork is not GTAV or Shadow Of The Colossus good, but still amazing. It's bright and jumpy, unlike most CODs. The campaign has seen the debut of moral chooses, that permit 3 endings. These ending are wellish thought-out, with some minor flaws. This campaign is incredibly easy, and fairly stereotypical, it feels more like a point-roughly-at-the-enemy-and-click game. It has an OK amount of levels, and I haven't found any bugs, which I find surprising. Now, the multiplayer. Re-textured and partially re-animated MW2 but worse. The snipers feel OP as crap, the SMGs are almost dominant, LMGs are middle of the pack and the ARs are at the bottom. Only 1 shotgun is good, 1 is overpower, and 2 are The C4 is massively over-abused. It's basically the same thing as BO1 but retextured and made worse. I give this game a fairly goodish 69.7. Expand
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    After a year I decided to finally review this game. And man, it took some consideration
    On one hand you have a really well polished cod game, with a great zombie mode (that requires DLC to fully enjoy) and the same old multiplayer. Oh and maybe the campaign, if you're into dark psychopath stories.
    Then we have the darker aspects of the game, the hit detection, overpowered guns, host migration, boring tri-lane maps and the silly graphics.
    **** it, I try to find something positive about this game other than Zombies, but I just can't.
    Been playing Call of Duty regularly since Modern Warfare 2 and have invested considerable time into every cod, maybe apart from WaW. It's the same rehashed game, but it's the best rehashed game out there. The main thing that keeps CoD on edge to me, is its 60 fps. And if not for that, it would be outnumbered by Battlefield in every single way imaginable.
    But this game doesn't deserve a 0 either, but it sure as hell doesn't deserve a 10.
    5 is a nice middle ground, for a game that's the same old thing since Cod 4.
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is not a great game, but it's not horrible, either. I usually don't judge a game on its graphics, but BO2's are outdated and blocky-looking. The single player is okay, but it's far too short, zombies is fun, and the multiplayer is decent. The multiplayer is what I'm most familiar with and I must say that it isn't quite as good as Black Ops 1, but it's much better than MW3's. IfBlack Ops 2 is not a great game, but it's not horrible, either. I usually don't judge a game on its graphics, but BO2's are outdated and blocky-looking. The single player is okay, but it's far too short, zombies is fun, and the multiplayer is decent. The multiplayer is what I'm most familiar with and I must say that it isn't quite as good as Black Ops 1, but it's much better than MW3's. If you can find Black Ops 2 for around 25 US dollars (or cheaper) then buy it. Anything more than $25 is too much. Expand
  29. Oct 11, 2013
    Call of Duty is kind of like the bowling of the video game world. It's a game that you play with you're friends when you're bored and you want to chat but you want to do something while you're talking. It's also a game series that can be taken seriously to the point of rage and starting clans to compete with other hardcore CoD players. That's really all CoD games are meant to be now a daysCall of Duty is kind of like the bowling of the video game world. It's a game that you play with you're friends when you're bored and you want to chat but you want to do something while you're talking. It's also a game series that can be taken seriously to the point of rage and starting clans to compete with other hardcore CoD players. That's really all CoD games are meant to be now a days and the real question is does the newest cod game have enough new features to keep players interested. CoD Black Ops 2 is marginally better than Modern Warfare 3 with a fairer gun distribution between levels and better map design. Black Ops 2 for the most part also seems to have a decent internet connection for multiplayer. Zombies mode is also back, and it's still the same survive as many rounds as you can mode CoD players love even though I feel that the zombies mode in BO2 is a bit too story focused and the maps aren't nearly as creative. Campaign mode is, well, campaign mode. You go through an assortment of different missions to reach the goal, even though you can choose your equipment before each round it's still just your classic CoD campaign mode. The CoD series is meant to be a game series that is set to get a fresh code of paint every year so CoD fans can mindlessly shoot away with their friends with better graphics and new guns. There's not a whole lot of innovation trying to be made because, hey, why fix what's not broken? All the innovation is put into the campaign mode which nobody notices because CoD haters are too busy about how similar the multiplayer is to the last CoD game. Just judge the CoD series on the game it is, not what it could be because the formula stays the same for a reason, as a CoD game Black Ops 2 gets the job done just fine for anyone who wants that "new" CoD game. Expand
  30. Oct 3, 2013
    While the developers tried to add new elements to strengthen up an otherwise dominating franchise, it doesn't cover up the glitchy multiplayer, toned-down hit Zombies Mode, and an otherwise boring game.
  31. Dec 7, 2012
    How Black Ops 2 proves Treyarch is still a B company-----Before I begin, I want to say that this is not a rant against the Call of Duty series or a love poem for the Battlefield series. In my honest opinion, they both have their good qualities and their bad qualities and are on two different scales of comparison. With that said, I feel that this newest iteration of Call of Duty really doesHow Black Ops 2 proves Treyarch is still a B company-----Before I begin, I want to say that this is not a rant against the Call of Duty series or a love poem for the Battlefield series. In my honest opinion, they both have their good qualities and their bad qualities and are on two different scales of comparison. With that said, I feel that this newest iteration of Call of Duty really does show that Treyarch still cannot turn-up the heat and become a triple A gaming company.-----Single Player: For single player I have never seen a company take so many steps backwards. Let me just state that while Black Ops 1 had an interesting story for a single player, it also had probably the worst gameplay I've seen in a single player in the longest time. Black Ops 2 more or less has the exact same experience, but with a much less interesting plot-line to follow. First of all, as said by a Bungie employee, single player is about getting the gamer into a scenario in under five minutes. This includes starting up your console, loading the game/level, and then listening through that first cutscene. Anything over five minutes is bound to cause rage and hatred. Apparently Treyarch has never head this saying though, because each level starts off with a cutscene that is literally so long, boring, and drawn out that you really just want to shoot yourself before it is over. But if you do manage to get past these ridiculous cutscenes and to the gameplay, don't expect a triple A gaming experience. Instead, you end up with a very linear path to follow, very stupid NPCs to fight, and overall you will feel like you are being dragged along on a bad theme park ride. Finally, that new mode is about the worst POS you've ever seen where a game tries oh so hard to imitate another game. It's stupid mistakes like this that show that their Single Player experience is still that of a B company.-----Multiplayer: I would like to say that I have already played too much multiplayer for this game, over 200 hours easily. I wish I could get that time back. To begin, although multiplayer now has all these new looks and bells attached to it, this is by far the least interesting/fun multiplayer to date. Basically it's Black Ops 1 with absolutely nothing new. Sure, they change the guns, the equipment, and the way you can attach stuff, but its all the same in the end with how you use stuff. But the part that gets me, and the reason I will call Treyarch again a B company, is that you can honestly tell that Treyarch has decided to put innovation before fixing problems. They have a new "Pick 10" system in play here that works fine enough, but then not everything is created equal among all the items. For instance, they still have no balanced the SMG being overpowered or there are some perks that make you wonder why anyone would ever choose that one (Hardwired being one that always comes to mind). On top of that, it's like they want the system to be more broken than ever before. But even if this new "Pick 10" system isn't balanced, I can admit that through many complaints they could eventually get things right (though the balancing I will openly admit feels like a BETA and not a final version, the errors being that obvious). However, what cannot be fixed are the other problems, such as this game having literally the worst spawn system in the entire history of FPS games. I wish I was joking, but in 1 game I was spawn killed 14 times in 3 minutes. Just for your knowledge, no, I do not suck. What does suck is that they literally will move the spawn to the **** part of the map if 1 player on the enemy team gets even close to the other side of your base. Add on top of that the fact that Treyarch has literally taken out the best part of MW3 spawn system, the "Safe Spawns" (Protects you from killstreaks if you just spawned) and it gets worse. I am not joking when I say that Treyarch should fire the guy that worked on spawns, and yes they had a guy working specifically on spawns. Finally, map design in this game is like someone thought "Hey, Nuketown worked once, let's just make 10 more versions of it and call that good." All the maps are small, and if they aren't small then they are cluttered. It's literally SMG heaven, or in other words perfect for people to use the least balanced weapon. I think I could get over all of this, but then the thing that just tops it off, the thing that I can't believe they failed to correct since it was the NUMBER 1 COMPLAINT ABOUT MW3 is still in the game. Lag / Lag Compensation is by far the worst of any game yet and 3 yellow bars means don't play.-----Zombies: Transit mode is just obnoxious. Plain and simple. I hate hearing the bus call out for players and I really hate trying to navigate the large map. But to really just explain it, Transit mode is the combination of 4 bad survival maps into one, large, bad survival map. Guys, it doesn't work. So if you ask me, the best zombies map is actually Nuketown. Go figure.-----Skip This. Collapse

2. X-ONE Magazine UK