4.7

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Game play: 2007
    Graphics: Sega Genesis
    Sound effects: think cheap made in China fireworks
    Whats new: you lost 60 bucks

I feel bad for those who bought this game merely to play with their friends. Those who felt socially obligated to buy the game hopefully can take it back and use the money for a better game like Halo 4.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    so far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine sinceso far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine since valve has been using source for like ever and nobody has a problem with that. the idea of the time period switch to the future is nice. although it does make the game feel more like crysis. it is still too early for me to properly judge the game but i will say that so far i am having a lot of fun with the game. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    Looking for more innovation, something new as black ops1 did when it came out. Multiplayer functions and options are basic but the maps i think are kind of cool. One other thing.... This game made me almost hate zombies. I felt like i wasw playing a frustrating arcade game, stupid fire. Dont really know what else to say, just as a common consumer i was pretty disappointed with BO2 overallLooking for more innovation, something new as black ops1 did when it came out. Multiplayer functions and options are basic but the maps i think are kind of cool. One other thing.... This game made me almost hate zombies. I felt like i wasw playing a frustrating arcade game, stupid fire. Dont really know what else to say, just as a common consumer i was pretty disappointed with BO2 overall experience so far Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    i see all kids crying and grip about why this game is so low rate.. its simple this game sucks balls, play halo 4 if you want futuristic game this is another AD/HD shooter like every year.... sry my bad english..
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    This game really sucks, its an epic failure, the mods of this site must send these reviews to the developers of this useless no effort video game. -10/10 for me.
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Some seriously delusional people giving user reviews here. I personally really enjoy Black Ops 2. The campaign isn't the strongest, but it's far from the weakest in the COD series. The Zombies and multiplayer more than justify the retail price. You'll be playing this for months, I know I will.
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    We all know how CoD works. I don't see why anyone would be disappointed in a game that has surpassed the previous CoD. This game is very well balanced and accepts any style of play. So, no, it isn't anything completely different. But what can one expect from Call of Duty? I give this a high score because of the effort put into it and the balance of the multiplayer.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    Pros:
    Multiplayer is still fun, gameplay is addictive, there are tons of stats to view and improve upon, maps are decent, new kill streak point system is solid

Cons:
    Still feels like an expansion pack rather than a whole new game
    Graphics aren't the greatest
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Game is boring just like I was expecting. Went to my friends house to at least give it a try. Gameplay is boring. Graphics look exactly the same as Black Ops. Multiplayer is unbalanced. I have no clue how reviewers are saying the killstreaks are balanced. It actually seems worse than mw3. Do yourself the favor and don't buy the game. Buy Assassins Creed 3 or any game for that matter instead.
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    I would assume 25% or less of customers buy this game for the campaign. I have not played it so my review is based completely on multiplayer and zombie mode. I have owned every COD game since COD 2, so my reviews are based on experience and comparision to past COD games. Graphics seem worse than past iterations and seem to have some kind of light filter glaze over everyting so you won'tI would assume 25% or less of customers buy this game for the campaign. I have not played it so my review is based completely on multiplayer and zombie mode. I have owned every COD game since COD 2, so my reviews are based on experience and comparision to past COD games. Graphics seem worse than past iterations and seem to have some kind of light filter glaze over everyting so you won't notice the cartoon like bulidings. Frame rate seems lower than other COD games. The lag in multiplayer is worse than MW3 (did not think it could be possible). 9 out of 10 times I die, its due to being shot around a corner ducking fire. I live in the midwest United States between Chicago and St. Louis which I ping less than 50ms to either one and have a 30m down and 6m upload so my connection is not the issue. I seem to be a second behind most players. Players with 3 bars seem to rule every game. Zombie mode is slow and lacks action. Seems like 50% of the time you are waiting for a bus to take you to another location. Nothing new or unique to either standard multiplayer or zombie mode. Game types, animations, buildings, and props seem to have been copied and pasted from MW3. I see nothing at all creative or new about this game. Seems like a step backwards from MW3 if that is even possible. I think the series peaked at MW2 and has gone downhill ever since. Activision is profiting off the name and giving us absolutely nothing for our money. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    There is only so much you can take when it comes to repetitive video games and it seems like the more repetitive the game gets, the more 12 year children try to defend it's status. The game itself has had no improvement in graphics, the audio and noises are terrible and as usual and the gameplay is the mind numbingly boring "run, die, run, die, run, die" that it always has been. I'm notThere is only so much you can take when it comes to repetitive video games and it seems like the more repetitive the game gets, the more 12 year children try to defend it's status. The game itself has had no improvement in graphics, the audio and noises are terrible and as usual and the gameplay is the mind numbingly boring "run, die, run, die, run, die" that it always has been. I'm not entirely sure why people repeatedly buy the same FPS junk over and over again, but hopefully it will wear thin one day because COD is literally just a copy of the previous. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    I gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels tooI gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels too scripted and way to short for me to really care who I let die. Zombies is fun but, just not worth 60 bucks for a good zombie experience and a short and moderate campaign. This game's better then MW3 so at least cod's heading in the right direction. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Until they make a long campaign I will continue to give 0's on every edition they release. I've been patient since the first modern warfare but we're still getting these 3 hour campaigns. I WANT MY MONEYS WORTH!!! Multiplayer doesn't take any thought:just slap on a couple levels together, some perks, guns, and you'll please the lemmings.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does not deserve the user rating it currently has. Don't listen to the user reviews. They are simply a bunch of angry nerds (I use the term nerd loosely.) that were going to rage no matter how good the game was and haven't actually played the game. This game is very enjoyable and is certainly an improvement upon last year's MW3.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    First good COD in years. Campaign had a great story and actually made me care. Great gameplay. All the good stuff. Only downside is strategy missions. I really didn't like controls and AI in them.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    this game is so dull and without any atmosphere. it is probably the most terrible and unrealistic shooter i have ever played. sometimes i felt like i was in a b-movie of dolph lundgren and in some moments i expected cuck norris to come around the corner and kill all enemies with a roundhouse kick. it wouldnt had made a diffrence to the atmosphere in this piece of junk.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Let's be honest, its not a bad game. Its a pretty good game. But with year after year of recycled multiplayer, we want to see a little more. Compare the difference between battlefield 2 and battlefield 3, and you see what call of duty should be doing.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    Every user on here is absolutely ridiculous. The game is amazing and you are all just a bunch of pissed off Halo fanboys who are upset because your community got executed with the release of this game. While the graphics haven't changed from the previous Black Ops (which is the only reason this game doesn't get a 10/10) the Multiplayer experience is by far the best I have seen since CoD4Every user on here is absolutely ridiculous. The game is amazing and you are all just a bunch of pissed off Halo fanboys who are upset because your community got executed with the release of this game. While the graphics haven't changed from the previous Black Ops (which is the only reason this game doesn't get a 10/10) the Multiplayer experience is by far the best I have seen since CoD4 or Modern Warfare 2. The Pick 10 System works perfectly to make sure every class you pick isn't atrociously overpowered unless you give up equipment/weapon slots for Wildcards. The maps are small, but not as small as Shipment or Rust from Cod4 and Modern Warfare 2 respectively, the maps make for great, fast paced gameplay across the entire game and it's not a 10 minute camp-out. Halo fanboys need to stop hating because they don't know what it's like to have to shoot less that a full clip into someone to kill them. Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    People, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for thePeople, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for the sake of hating. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    Activision wont be able to keep this up forever. People are realizing that this series has degenerated into a yearly rehashing of old gameplay and graphics. The worst part is that I will probably end up buying it like everyone else, just to see if it's any better than the last piece of crap they released.
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    An all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. TheAn all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer is so intense it will have you on the edge of your seat. The customization options are unparalleled and will be the marque online shooter experience this year. The Call of Duty series is the top selling shooter series in the entire world year after year for one very good reason: uncomplicated and thrilling multiplayer. There is absolutely no other series that offers the same level of intensity online with such a low learning curve. Team play and lone wolf tactics blend beautifully just like every Call of Duty title.

There will be many skewed reviews on Gamespot because many people don't think players should have the right to fun. Think for yourself; play Black Ops 2 and don't look back.
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    As a regular player of the original Black Ops I had hoped to enjoy almost every aspect of COD Black Ops II (with the exception of Zombies) but now that I have actually played the sequel I can only say what a massive disappointment it is.
    I bought this game at midnight and queued for an hour and a half to get it on release.
    When I got home and first loaded the disc I was greeted with a
    When I got home and first loaded the disc I was greeted with a mandatory update - 24 Mb - hardly a good start and increasingly common these days. Then came the Nuke-Town DLC - 125 MB - and when that was done I had the chore of setting the graphics / sound / safe zone options. Half an hour since the disc went in and I haven't actually fired a shot yet.
    When I did actually get to play I selected multiplayer first - and a quick look at the leader-boards revealed that some people at the top of the leader-boards have had nearly two (2) days game-time played already!! That's game-time folks - not time that they've actually owned the game but time spent playing BEFORE the game was officially released.
    When I did get into my first multiplayer game I had to select my weapons from the default classes - and no weapons were familiar favourates. It seems that 'just to be seen to be a bit different' all default weapons have to be ones I was unfamiliar with. Oh well it was getting late so just get on with it.
    Although the graphics looked very 'cartoony' I was impressed by the effort that went into the way the game looked - a lot of it seemed very graphically simular to MW2 and 3 though. When playing I did seem to be dying too easily and taking too many shots to kill people though - a nasty sign that lag compensation has reared its ugly head again. I am on a 56 mbs (15 ms ping) fibre connection so someone on a 2 mbs landline will own my ass because Trayarch seem to not understand or care how fast internet connections actually put the person with the fast connection at a massive disadvantage or that the faster your connection and the lower your ping the more clients will try to join your host and those clients will be further away so will lag more and your ping will be artificially increased to 'make it fair' for slower clients at your expense AND IT DOESN'T WORK.. grmbl.
    The Pick 10 system doesn't work either - it annoys me and restricts load-outs and I spent too much time compromising on stuff I couldn't have rather than picking the stuff I could have. I did miss the option to buy new stuff using the money from challenges/kills/contracts from Black Ops I. The contracts and option to buy should never have been removed as this again brings this new game closer to to MW3 - just the same way that all the good weapons are only available late in the Presige ladder it will encourage people not to bother Prestiging so again Trayarch got it wrong. By now I was yearning to just play a good game and realising that it wasn't going to happen.
    I played the Single Player mode the next morning - in 3D and in Regular difficulty. Very impressed with the cut-scenes which oozed quality. However, the game itself was a joke. I was surrounded by a huge number of enemies only to be getting slight grazes by their weapons and gunships, seemingly superhuman in the face of impossible odds. My AK-47 worked in a way that was massively different to the multiplayer game in that it mowed down wave after wave of enemies. Disappointed in yet another COD let-down, I ended the game.
    This will sell in millions. It doesn't deserve to.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    This crying about COD got me buying COD games. Thanks. Bought BO2 and love it. Do me a favor, complain some more about the next game. I get to buy another great game and listen to you cry with envy.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    The main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to yourThe main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to your ground, etc etc. MP, is the same as last years except new skins. Unbalanced and too easy. Biggest changes is in zombie modes but honestly that is 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3 is the same thing.

I know a lot of people say 'CoD does not suck because look how many copies they sold!' Yeah? Look at how many people watch Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore, that does not make it a good tv show now right? Okay then.
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    Taking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly oneTaking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly one of the best, if not the best story to date in Call Of Duty history, considering they did get David S. Goyer, the co-writer of The Batman trilogy by Christopher Nolan, to write the script. Sure it's got the same intense, "everything blows up" parts, but it's got a kind of quieter side to it, and that's the part that really just gets you. Also, the choices you are allowed to make throughout the campaign that can affect the story dramatically are a nice edition. Of course, one thing that does bother me is the Strike Force missions, when the bots basically go "full-retard" and not do much. In other words, they're just dummies there that you have to control for virtually the entirety of the missions. MY CAMPAIGN SCORE: 8.5 / 10. Now on to the multiplayer that most everyone normally seems to buy the game for. Sure, it's the same basic gameplay from just about every other Call of Duty game out there: shoot to kill or play the objective. However, the new futuristic set-up(weapons, score streaks, and other new "upgrades") along with new modes are fun to play with. Sure there are glitches here and there that can potentially eff up the game, but doesn't just about every game have that? Nothing is perfect, but the still intense, fast-paced gameplay is always something to look forward to in my opinion. MY MULTIPLAYER SCORE 8.5-9 / 10. Now for zombies, which seems or seemed like the most positive thing that the general public looked forward to. With a different set-up of the look and feel for the mode, the zombies mode has definitely been improved in some aspects. The new "Grief" mode in which two teams of 4 face off to see which team can survive longer is definitely something to look forward to if you enjoy playing zombies whilst "trolling" other people. However, nothing seems too different besides just a few added things and different weapons. However, it still is a fun aspect of the game and always fun to play(with friends especially). MY ZOMBIES SCORES: 7.5-8/10. Hope this review helps if you are even slightly interested in buying it. I would suggest it, definitely, since it is probably one of the better Call of Duty game in the series overall. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    The Soundtrack is nice and it plays smoothly. But still, the main problem is the Multiplayer, even though Treyarch listens more to the community than Infinity Ward does, it's still unbalanced and the ''Scorestreaks'' are ruining the fun.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Giving any game a zero is ridiculous. I'd give a game a zero if it didn't work when I put in the disc. Treyarch went out of their way to improve on Black Ops and they have succeeded. the campaign is good, zombies is the best it's ever been and multiplayer is as fun as ever. The game is not a 10, but not worse than 5. People complaining about the lack of innovation in MP are validated, butGiving any game a zero is ridiculous. I'd give a game a zero if it didn't work when I put in the disc. Treyarch went out of their way to improve on Black Ops and they have succeeded. the campaign is good, zombies is the best it's ever been and multiplayer is as fun as ever. The game is not a 10, but not worse than 5. People complaining about the lack of innovation in MP are validated, but I disagree. The gameplay is similar to the previous editions because it works. Treyarch stuck to the same basic formula that has given them so much success in the past and have made improvements in every aspect of the experience that fans of the series will enjoy. Casual players might regard the MP as similar to MW3 and BO, but veterans of the series will see the differences and enjoy them.

I do wish that the engine had been upgraded, but the game still looks fantastic nonetheless.
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    The campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all thatThe campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all that isn't bad enough the game-play feels like I'm playing COD 2. Bad graphics, bad story, totally linear experience. Who signed off on releasing this terribly disappointing game? I know better than to get too excited about any new video game but this is the kind of garbage that makes me want to quit gaming forever. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    So i am not some kind of COD fan boy or anything but i do believe games should be reviewed based on what they are. I cant take any of these people giving this game a 0 seriously because no game unless completely unplayable deserves a 0 regardless of how much you don't like like the franchise as a whole. I was not the biggest MW3 fan but when it comes to modern military shooters BO2 offersSo i am not some kind of COD fan boy or anything but i do believe games should be reviewed based on what they are. I cant take any of these people giving this game a 0 seriously because no game unless completely unplayable deserves a 0 regardless of how much you don't like like the franchise as a whole. I was not the biggest MW3 fan but when it comes to modern military shooters BO2 offers the best story by far and yes i understand the engine and graphics are a bit outdated but the game is still a solid offering with a zombie/ multiplayer experience that rivals any other console shooters at the present. But for all the people blatantly just throwing a 0 at this game because it's COD is a bit sad, grow up and review a game on its pros and cons and not on the title of the franchise. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. UntilI normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. Until then it gets a 4/10 because zombies is pretty cool to play with friends. Expand

2. Jan 19, 2013