4.7

1. May 24, 2015
    Best one of the COD Black Ops series for the 360.

Love the crossbow and love the bot play.

Of course for me Treyarch cant do no wrong :)

Can play this one forever.
  2. May 7, 2015
    Ill explain the game with 5 words: LMG, Camper, Shotgun, Sniper, Launchers together it forms the word ****
    CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,
  3. Apr 15, 2015
    This might be the one call of duty game I still play. I don't know what it is about the game, but its very addictive and fun compared to ghosts and advanced warfare. Target Finder is a downside for multiplayer though, and the entire "quickscope" community.
  4. Mar 28, 2015
    Once again Treyarch and Activision has done another successful Call of duty game. Black ops 2 has a somewhat underwhelming campaign, probably the most underwhelming iv'e played in a Call of duty game. There are choices you make which affects what endings you get but that doesn't help the fact that the campaign is underwhelming. The multiplayer has improved from MW3 and the new kill-streaksOnce again Treyarch and Activision has done another successful Call of duty game. Black ops 2 has a somewhat underwhelming campaign, probably the most underwhelming iv'e played in a Call of duty game. There are choices you make which affects what endings you get but that doesn't help the fact that the campaign is underwhelming. The multiplayer has improved from MW3 and the new kill-streaks are satisfying.The futuristic weapons help the Call of duty franchise move forward in originality. The zombies mode has some of the most memorable maps in Call of duty Zombie, especially Buried and Origins. This game is brilliant fun. Expand
  5. Mar 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I Love This Game Soooooooooooooooooo Much I 've played this game a lot the zombies mode was a masterpiece my favorite maps are buried Die rise tranzit mob of the dead and nuketown zombies I don't like the multiplayer a lot the multiplayer is great not amazing or a masterpiece campaign is good campaign 7/10 zombies 10/10 multiplayer 8/10 The zombies mode was sooooooooooooo good I give black Ops 2 a 10/10 because i love the zombies mode sooooooooooooooo much It Deserves a 10/10 I highly recommend this game to all of you in metacritic. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2015
    My family loves Call of Duty, so I decided i'd give it a try, while the controls are responsive, the gameplay is bland, all you do is shoot stuff, the only part that I had fun with was seeing what random things I could shoot (Cans, Shuffle Board Disks etc.)
  7. Feb 26, 2015
    black ops 2 is my personal favorite and is still played now in 2015 it must be doing something right as it is enjoyed by most people that have played it loved it and still do it was just a overall amazing game i would honestly recomend this to everyone it is probibly the best game
  8. Feb 25, 2015
    As one of my favorite games of all time (with the season pass), I hate giving it something it deserves, so I'm gonna try my best to give the STANDALONE GAME a rating it deserves.

First of all, I like this game, ok? I really do like it. That doesn't mean it's a good game though. The graphics are pretty bad. The gameplay is quite annoying. The campaign sucks. (seriously though, what did you expect when you clicked on campaign?) The multiplayer is OK, but I don't really like playing it that much. The only thing that makes me like this game is when I bought the season pass, I felt amazing! Yes it was pricey and had pretty crappy multiplayer maps, but the zombies was improved SO MUCH. SO FRICKING MUCH MAN. Since I'm reviewing the standalone and no dlc, the zombies sucks and the game is pretty bad for someone who doesn't like cod that much. If you're a fan like me, then you should like this game a bit.

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now if you want to like this game, you have to buy the season pass. sorry ):
  9. Jan 20, 2015
    I may not still be super addicted to this game, but it is one of the best games ever made. YOU MUST PURCHASE IT!!

PROS
    -HD graphics
    -OUTSTANDING zombies
    -Realistic
    -Awesome gameplay

CONS
    -Poor campain
  10. Jan 11, 2015
    Campaign - Good storyline, set both in the 1980's and 2025. Adrenaline fueled missions with lots of death! But what I like most about the campaign is that it is the first Call of Duty game to have the choice to do something as this leads to different outcomes. I thoroughly enjoyed the futuristic missions set in 2025

Multiplayer - Good maps for doing death-matches online and I'm glad now

Multiplayer - Good maps for doing death-matches online and I'm glad now that you don't need Xbox Live to be able to play with bots. But what I enjoyed the most was...

Zombies - 3 Maps. All present a challenge. There has been some speculation about TranZit but I actually enjoy playing TranZit online as it is something new. You are able to go from place to place, it is a brilliant idea. There can be some ways to improve it...(get rid of denizens mainly).

Overall I had many hours of fun playing Black Ops II, and there are many more hours to come
  11. Jan 3, 2015
    This campaign was amazing. What I loved about it was the multiple endings. Seriously, there are so many things that vary. Also, the side missions from the story were pretty cool. I don't remember what they were called, but you could control a bunch of cool drones. Again, the multiple endings. There were at least 10 different possibilities for story lines. I fail to see how you can not findThis campaign was amazing. What I loved about it was the multiple endings. Seriously, there are so many things that vary. Also, the side missions from the story were pretty cool. I don't remember what they were called, but you could control a bunch of cool drones. Again, the multiple endings. There were at least 10 different possibilities for story lines. I fail to see how you can not find the campaign good. And the multiplayer was pretty good. I actually liked Ghosts (MULTIPLAYER ONLY) a little more, but this was even better than Advanced Warfare (OVERALL). This had one of the best campaigns ever, a multiplayer you can just keep playing and playing, etc. Other than Assassin's Creed IV, I think this was the best game ever. Especially for its time. There's a reason some guy got the record for a gaming marathon playing BLACK OPS II. Expand
  12. Jan 1, 2015
    This game is one of the best Call of Duty games ever made. It surpasses the original Black Ops in every aspect. Although the campaign doesn't hold up well compared to other non-Call of Duty games, Call of Duty is not about the campaign (at least anymore). It's primary selling point is multiplayer, and Black Ops 2's is one of the best. Zombies has innovated with a new TranZit mode, andThis game is one of the best Call of Duty games ever made. It surpasses the original Black Ops in every aspect. Although the campaign doesn't hold up well compared to other non-Call of Duty games, Call of Duty is not about the campaign (at least anymore). It's primary selling point is multiplayer, and Black Ops 2's is one of the best. Zombies has innovated with a new TranZit mode, and has multiple levels for Survival mode, although all of these are taken from Tranzit and don't feel fresh. Also, only one is really good. I do think Treyarch could have done more with Zombies. But like I said, mutiplayer is Call of Duty's main selling point. If you don't like it, then I would advise against buying this game (but who hasn't, honestly?) But if you're a fan of Call of Duty multiplayer mode, then buy this **** game. Expand
  13. Dec 23, 2014
    I hate this game and unfortunately will always. The graphics are horrific; it is horribly violent and is genuinely rubbish. I think it is a waste of money; I feel sad for those who fell for the trick. Others may oppose to my opinion, but take my advice. It is a bloody disgrace . It's taking the piss. It promotes violence, criminality and much more horrible things. As I said, it's takingI hate this game and unfortunately will always. The graphics are horrific; it is horribly violent and is genuinely rubbish. I think it is a waste of money; I feel sad for those who fell for the trick. Others may oppose to my opinion, but take my advice. It is a bloody disgrace . It's taking the piss. It promotes violence, criminality and much more horrible things. As I said, it's taking the piss :-( Expand
  14. Dec 10, 2014
    i thought this was the best cod good graphics for its time. the guns look better. better skinks easer to get your guns gold easy game play, good zombie game play
  15. Dec 7, 2014
    The return of zombies mode helps this instalment beat last year's disappointing MW3. It is however little consolation as Black Ops 2 now marks two Call of Duty games in a row that have not been up to scratch.
  16. Nov 22, 2014
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Gameplay haphazard and desperate.. Some futuristic warfare, some past warfare, a bit of RTS / Tactical mode for no reason, and lots of random gameplay styles, from flight to swimming, to wingsuits.
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks. I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks.

I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found the plot so incredibly thin and ridiculous that it even seemed less plausible then Homefront, another fps with a crazy plot.

I'm glad I didn't buy this at launch prices.
  17. Nov 19, 2014
    I have been playing Black Ops 2 on and off since its release. It's my go to COD game. The maps are varied, the classes are extremely customizable. The season pass was well worth the money. The damage system is to my liking. Nothing seems overly cheap to me. I have played the F outta this game and will continue to play it until its death. You can have your ghosts and advanced warfare.I have been playing Black Ops 2 on and off since its release. It's my go to COD game. The maps are varied, the classes are extremely customizable. The season pass was well worth the money. The damage system is to my liking. Nothing seems overly cheap to me. I have played the F outta this game and will continue to play it until its death. You can have your ghosts and advanced warfare. Honestly its COD. It realeases every single year, find one that you like and have fun. Expand
  18. Nov 18, 2014
    Classical mulitplayer game. Very addictive and a joy. Campaign is very slow and boring. However, mulitplayer and zombies are what the game was made for. Being able to prestige eleven times is nice too - give the game a little challenge.
  19. Nov 17, 2014
    Every year a new Call of Duty releases. Every year they sell over 20 million copies and break new records. Every year they receive their fair share of haters and naysayers, but the next year those same people will buy it again. While COD has only recently innovated in Advanced Warfare (7 years after the most revolutionary title in the series, Modern Warfare), each entry is fun and worth aEvery year a new Call of Duty releases. Every year they sell over 20 million copies and break new records. Every year they receive their fair share of haters and naysayers, but the next year those same people will buy it again. While COD has only recently innovated in Advanced Warfare (7 years after the most revolutionary title in the series, Modern Warfare), each entry is fun and worth a play- even if we get a dud here and there like with last year's Ghosts. In my opinion though, no title has been anywhere near as good as the game I am currently reviewing- Black Ops II. It is easily the best game in the entire series and is one of my favourite games. Why? Well there are three reasons- the multilayered campaign, the addictive multiplayer and the ever amazing Zombies mode...

Let's start with the multiplayer. The standard levelling and progression systems remain, but it isn't like they need an overhaul. However, this time better bonuses and unlockables can be acquired and the amount of content is still staggering. However, it is never overwhelming due to a user friendly interface and layout. New modes are also featured, with Hardpoint being a fairly good option for a few games. The new maps are just as memorable as that of the first as well. A map set at a rocket base, a map within a Hollywood mansion, a map within a cruise ship... Nuketown returns as a free DLC with its own 2025 makeover as well! The design of the maps is inspired and while you will spend most of your time running around and shooting people, Easter Eggs are hidden within each location as well. You can play a game of basketball on Raid or find Batman on Hijacked... The work within these maps is staggering. Of course, there is still plenty of innovation at work with a new Scorestreak system that encourages you to help your team and complete objectives so that you can earn UAVs, Care Packages or even Chopper Gunners. I like this new system and Create A Class has managed to advance a lot by taking things away- particularly the amount of stuff you can take. You can pick 10 slots, whether it be perks, weapons or attachments and while this option can be changed offline, it encourages you to think when playing online. Speaking of offline, it is still worth playing locally for a few hours if you're in the mood for some brainless fun with friends. Multiplayer is the go to mode for this game, just like it is with every COD, but the campaign is finally amazing...

The real innovation in the story for this game is that it lets you pick how the narrative plays out. There are only three major choices to take, with the smaller ones only changing a few cutscenes or lines of dialogue. However, these three choices lead to separate endings that will dramatically affect the outcome of the characters. I love this style of decisions that aren't apparent and that will subtly change the game originally, before completely ripping it apart. As for the story, well, it's excellent! Starting off in the 1980s, it charts a personal story throughout the Mason family. Raul Menendez is one of the most sympathetic villains in COD history and is easily the best. He has a large story arc and you spend a whole level as him just to see what it's like in his shoes. He was a key villain throughout the early Cold War and now he wishes to begin a new one decades later in the near future setting of 2025. Of course Alex has a son and his youngster, David, is there to stop his father's old foe. Familiar faces return like Woods and Reznov and they provide exposition to the story, but also enhance it in a great manner. Surprisingly, there is an emotional depth and an amount of gravitas in this story that has never been seen in COD and that is what makes this campaign stick out.

Of course, enough innovation has been provided so that this campaign is the most varied and advanced in the history of the franchise. You now have the option to pick your loadouts before missions and collectibles actually have an impact on the narrative. There are also real-time strategy missions that see you directing squads and jumping between soldiers, trying to attack or defend or a point. They also change the outcome of your campaign and remain for a limited time so you really have to jump into them straight away. Along with this, the set pieces are bigger and better than ever. An opening boat chase, a drone run through the streets and an infiltration mission on a futuristic resort... COD is still the Micheal Bay of games.

Along with this, the beloved Zombies mode returns with a new open world "Tranzit" design that fleshes out the narrative, provides a new boss and puts you in the roles of likeable new characters. There are also smaller maps and more modes and the new guns and perks are appreciated. I've always liked Zombies and while the DLC maps are way better, the base ones are still worth a play.

BLOPSII is awesome and is my favourite Call of Duty. The campaign, the online, the Zombies...play it!
  20. Nov 13, 2014
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

The campaign felt very iffy at times with confusing ways for it trying to connect with the first Black Ops. A good feature that came with the campaign though was the option to choose the weapon you wanted to go to battle with, which was a new feature that hasn't been seen in other CoD games. Now let's get to the
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

Now let's get to the multiplayer.

Good DLC, good maps, good rank system, and good semi-balanced weapons.
    The only issue with DLC was the minimal weapons added to the game. There was only one new weapon: the Peacekeeper.

I'm not going to get into Zombies, as I have not really played it that much to be able to give my full honest opinions on it.

Overall, my favorite CoD game for it's multiplayer aspect and would definitely play again if I wanted to.
  21. Nov 10, 2014
    Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch.Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch. However, the DLC made the zombies experience the best yet. Far better than extinction or exo survival. There in no need to go on about multiplayer. The game is legendary and always will be which is why it still has the most players online on last gen consoles. In my opinion, it definitely should be ported to the next gen consoles. Expand
  22. Nov 9, 2014
    This game is easily the best in the serious with great progression in multiplayer and fun zombie co-op i've put over a hundred hours into this game myself
  23. Nov 4, 2014
    wow this one of the best games EVER ignore the campagin mutiplayer is f ing awesome best thing in cod millions of levels so awesome im so happy xcited happy happy happy happy
  24. Nov 2, 2014
    first off THIS IS THE SAME GAME AS BLACK OPS THE GAME IS BORING AND TERRIBLE THE STORY ISN'T INTERSTING BAD GRAPHICS BEARLY ANY IMPORVMENTS OVER MODERN WARFARE 3
  25. Oct 23, 2014
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is another repetitive and uninteresting game released in the COD series, i particularly hate the futuristic theme of these newer games why not go back to World War II so you have a meaning to fight for instead of futuristic fantasy garbage. The Multiplayer is the same repetitive gameplay as prior Call of Dutys and i feel Treyach and Activision are just releasingCall of Duty Black Ops II is another repetitive and uninteresting game released in the COD series, i particularly hate the futuristic theme of these newer games why not go back to World War II so you have a meaning to fight for instead of futuristic fantasy garbage. The Multiplayer is the same repetitive gameplay as prior Call of Dutys and i feel Treyach and Activision are just releasing titles and basically scamming the COD fans with regurgitated garbage, the Zombies game mode is also just awful compared to the World of War Zombies and Black Ops 1. These new Call of Duty games just dont give me the same pleasure of the older Call of Duty's and there marketing strategy is failing and i truly believe the COD series is slowly dieing off if they dont do something drastic soon. Big Disappointment to the guys at Treyach and Activision not good enough. Expand
  26. Oct 21, 2014
    Awful game. People say this is better than Ghosts. Haha. Let's go through the laundry list of problems in this game. The assault shield: Remember how annoying head glitch in was in previous games? Well, Treyarch thought it'd be a good idea to make a portable headglitch that was just at eye level. This game is super camper friendly. Just take a look at the portable headglitch, the guardianAwful game. People say this is better than Ghosts. Haha. Let's go through the laundry list of problems in this game. The assault shield: Remember how annoying head glitch in was in previous games? Well, Treyarch thought it'd be a good idea to make a portable headglitch that was just at eye level. This game is super camper friendly. Just take a look at the portable headglitch, the guardian scorestreak, and trophy systems. Just look up "The Worm black ops 2" on YouTube. Every grenade is blocked by the trophy system. But no on to an even bigger problem: quickscoping. Everyone quickscopes. Why? BECAUSE IT TAKES NO SKILL. The aim assist is absurd. Just point the sniper in the direction of your enemy and you've got a kill. My friend, who has never played CoD in his life, managed to get a triple quickscope feed. It's that easy. Now, those are the big problems, but now I will list the rest: bad spawns, bad maps, c with fast hands, terrible scorestreaks, weak weapons, rage quitting, campers, R870, KAP 40, MSMC, and Nuketown/Hijacked. This game might as well be called Call of Duty: Nuketown Hijacked. I will give this game a 1 for the scorestreak system, otherwise it would receive a 0. Expand
  27. Oct 20, 2014
    Zombies: Zombies in Black Ops II is just as good if not better than the zombies in Black Ops 1. It has a great story, new and cool looking guns (except the Jet Gun), and great maps (except Tranzit). I would give the Zombies portion a 9.5/10.

Multiplayer: First of all, such a huge improvement over the Multiplayer and Campaign in BO1. The campaign in this game is ok and the multiplayer is actually fun to play but can get boring for some. Multiplayer and Campaign gets a 6.5/10
  28. Oct 3, 2014
    Black ops 2 is a futuristic game with advanced weaponry. well I don't know why people are hating on this game because this game is supposed to drag out of the past warfare and into the future warfare where it is really cool.
  29. Sep 22, 2014
    To be honest with you, I have played Call of Duty with my friends from time to time. But, lets face facts here guys, the game's bad now. Can we all show how they can make a game every year and change the graphics of the game? They use the same thing. Same old same old. I'm lucky that I never had interest playing a game like THIS. The Multiplayer is down right awful. Especially that you'reTo be honest with you, I have played Call of Duty with my friends from time to time. But, lets face facts here guys, the game's bad now. Can we all show how they can make a game every year and change the graphics of the game? They use the same thing. Same old same old. I'm lucky that I never had interest playing a game like THIS. The Multiplayer is down right awful. Especially that you're playing with 10 year olds who can shout f*ck or s*it or simply everything racist and sadistic in every way possible. The Single Player Campaign clearly just uses the same old story whatsoever. Same Guns, Same Everything. I gave it a 0 because every Call of Duty game deserves such a rating every year. Expand
  30. Sep 18, 2014
    Black ops 2 is one of those games out there that are good but needed to stay in development or a another year, of course IW and Treyarch agreed to the terrible annual contract.

What is really good about this game is that Treyarch has focused on innovating the single player, which is probably the main reason multiplayer is barely different, but I agree with the approach, although the story is more OH AMERICA SAVES THE WORLD crap we`re tired of, it is really good, and its the gameplay that makes this campaign stand out from other games now infact it is quiet overlooked, you can do many things your way, there are challenges to do, you come across many things, you got the strike force missions, you can pick what to start out with there are choces to make, and choices that you don`t explicitly make but based on you dong it right or not. I`ve played through the campaign about 5 or 6 times now, the story, gameplay, doing stuff your way, choices and strikeforce etc is a big highpoint of this game.

But that is all, the multiplayer is alright but is barely different, and just not really fun for long in my opinion, it is great it has local but support but the problem with that is its like hardened isnt difficult and veteran is way too difficult.

Pick 10 is a big change and allows new possibilities to your class, but there is one problem: Level up your weapon, can`t be bothered to explain in so much detail on why that is a big problem, it was perfectly good in Black Ops 1 the currency.

Zombies is a complete and total disappointment, the only good thing is Town, TranZit is horrible, Farm has no pack a punch, and those are the only 3 maps.

The graphics are also mediocre, but like i said Black Ops 2 is another game that should have remained in development for another year, this game would have been so much better, this game has a lot of potential wasted on rushing out to get Actvision money yet the people at Activision should know for a fact they have more than enough money.

I have high hopes for Treyarch's Cod in 2015, I am confident the single player will live up to Black Ops 2 and be further in the future even than Advanced Warfare, more zombies content and a better multiplayer experience.
  31. EmX
    Sep 23, 2013
    Total Garbage-
    Total Garbage-
    This is the worst programed, most unrealistic multi-fps shooter I've ever played. There are so many issues with it, that instead of writing a 10,000 word negative review why this franchise is dead and most importantly, not worth your money, I'l just top line some of the main issues. The weapons are an absolute joke, and were obviously inspired by the fantasies of a 12 year old instead of the real world. Sniper rifles are basically auto fire, one shot kills and the most supreme weapons, followed by pistols. Light Machine guns need at least 40-50 rounds to kill an opponent in addition to having abysmal range. Nades, claymores, and other incendiary devices don't kill instantly unless a direct hit. And the fantasy continues. There are only 4 controller configurations-FOUR- that's how lazy and thoughtful the developers were creating this game. Want to run? you have to awkwardly press down your left stick and then hope to god you can run more than 5 feet with out it stopping. Hit boxes are abysmal, and really dependent on luck than skill. Bottomline, the COD franchise is a sham, that caters to dumb people who need artificial aids to game and who have no concept of quality games.

2. Jan 19, 2013