Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.9

1. Oct 3, 2017
    A positive step forward for a series seemingly on a downward spiral. The introduction of League Play is welcome, however Zombies is a significant step backwards from it's predecessors.
  2. Sep 28, 2017
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is good, but leaves us with a basic story with no exact purpose, though the multiplayer and zombie modes excel at game play and the games in game visuals and graphics help boost it up to a 7.
  3. Aug 8, 2017
    One of the better Call of Duty games I've played, and one with very high playability. The campaign is better compared to most games in the franchise, as choices you make can impact later events. Characters weren't as memorable or well-written as the ones from the original Black Ops or Modern Warfare series, but were incorporated well in the story. The multiplayer on the other hand is asOne of the better Call of Duty games I've played, and one with very high playability. The campaign is better compared to most games in the franchise, as choices you make can impact later events. Characters weren't as memorable or well-written as the ones from the original Black Ops or Modern Warfare series, but were incorporated well in the story. The multiplayer on the other hand is as fun as it was back in the days of Modern Warfare 2, which really says something. Graphics aren't the best ever, but works well enough. Sound is mostly upbeat, creating an exciting feeling that keeps you engaged in combat. Lastly, the zombies mode is addicting. However, the first few maps aren't as impressive as the last ones; in fact they are slightly tedious to begin with. The last few maps had very good level design, creating an enjoyable experience. Microtransactions can be annoying, and paying extra for more DLC content can be off-putting for some. Nonetheless, Black Ops II raises the bar for the franchise, and was a hugely entertaining multiplayer game for me. Expand
  4. May 30, 2017
    The game design is good, the graphics could be better at the same time, play the biggest disadvantage is the most common type of error, glitch, and other such things. The game community is absolutely terrible.
  5. May 29, 2017
    Se podria decir que hizo sobrevivir la saga.Lo mejor que ha hecho CoD en muchos años.Combates y mapas perfectamente elaborados con buen equilibrio de armas.
  6. May 13, 2017
    Another year, another good Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is treyarchs return to Call of Duty. And possibly their best one. Campaign: 8.3/10 Black Ops 2 has some of the strongest story-telling they have ever shown. And we love it. It evolves from just a simple triple-A shooter to a detailed and complex Call of Duty game. They have shown us that Call of Duty isn't just
    Another year, another good Call of Duty.

Campaign: 8.3/10

Black Ops 2 has some of the strongest story-telling they have ever shown. And we love it. It evolves from just a simple triple-A shooter to a detailed and complex Call of Duty game. They have shown us that Call of Duty isn't just shooting and can even better then most actions films of these days. The story is detailed and very well written. We believe that Black Ops 2 is the Activisions strongest game in terms of Story.

Multiplayer: 8/10

Call of Duty's multiplayer this year is as fun as it was in MW2. In fact its even better. The multiplayer in this years Call of Duty is the most ambitious yet. I hated MW2's multiplayer but for the people who liked it your gonna love this. This years Call of Duty is colorful and very much played its predecessors.

Zombies: 9/10

Another great Zombies experience from treyarch. When will they ever go wrong with zombies? Everyone loves it. I think this years zombie is just as good as its predecessors.

Verdict.

Black Ops 2 is a step up in just about every way possible from the first Black Ops, and a refreshing change of pace from MW3, which felt too similar to MW2 in too many ways. The campaign is as bombastic as ever (with branching paths and unique endings), the multiplayer has been tweaked just enough to keep things interesting, and the zombies are back as Treyarch's well-known signature on the franchise. There are a few things that don't work quite as well as they could have (the Strike Force missions are wonky in the A.I. department), and the execution of some of the plot elements are ham-fisted at times, as with just about any other CoD title. If you liked Black Ops or you're into fast-paced shooters, Blops 2 is a no-brainer.

Overall: 8.3/10
  7. Apr 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started the campaign and the cut-scenes looked decent, but damn the graphics were horrible for the introductory mission! I always disliked how simple, small and fake the vehicles look in CoD games. The graphics are neat in other places but still look outdated, reminded me of Black Mesa source in mission 2. They haven't improved anything much, even with the new post futuristic setting its all terrorist this terrorist that. The multiplayer is more of the same, still remains imblalanced with bugs everywhere, and worst how Nuketown was removed and now only available in special occasions, incredibly unsatisfied. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2017
    Being a big CoD fan myself, I really do enjoy the multiplayer mode and Zombies of BLOPS2. The selection of guns could be larger but it's diverse enough. Its call of duty so online you can expect 5-9 year olds yelling inappropriate things about your mom, but whateves
  9. Mar 27, 2017
    It's alright the campaign is good and the multiplayer improved after 2 years. But it still feels like the COD series is never going to top MW2 which was the best for multiplayer despite all of the hacking and glitches.
  10. Mar 27, 2017
    I really don't know why BF fans come here to post s*** about this game. This is just the last good COD released. Cool game, with nice graphics and gameplay. I think this game is OK. Nothing more to say, good MP and Soundtrak, Give to this game a chance.
  11. Mar 20, 2017
    Pretty decent cod game, got to max prestige on this game and is most likely the best COD, although any cod does get bland quickly and Im not sure how I managed to get myself to max prestige without getting bored.
  12. Feb 22, 2017
    Call of Duty:Black Ops II in my opinion is one of the best games of this generation.Gripping Campaign and Gameplay.Zombies story line very well developed and one of the best multipayers in any Call of Duty game.
  13. Feb 13, 2017
    Jacob Neumann
    Video Game Review
    English 8 Period 4 Feb. 9 , 2017 Black Ops 2 Pros: Multiplayer ( up to 4 players can play on per console ) Good graphics on Maps Multiple Maps Different types of game plays Many weapons to choose from in arsenal Real Life layout Cons: Glitches out sometimes Takes awhile to load on certain consoles It is able to get hacked by players
    Jacob Neumann
    Video Game Review
    English 8 Period 4
    Feb. 9 , 2017

Black Ops 2

Pros:
    Multiplayer ( up to 4 players can play on per console )
    Good graphics on Maps
    Multiple Maps
    Different types of game plays
    Many weapons to choose from in arsenal
    Real Life layout

Cons:
    Glitches out sometimes
    Takes awhile to load on certain consoles
    It is able to get hacked by players

The game “Call of Duty Black Ops 2 “ is a great game for teenage kids to play. The game is a sequel to “ Call of Duty Black Ops” which is part of the “ Call of Duty series. “Black Ops 2” can be played on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Even though those consoles are a couple years old, thousands of people around the world play it. More “Call of Duty “ games have came out and were the sequel of “ Black Ops 2” .

In the game you are a soldier that works for different military groups. There are three main types of story modes you could do, Campaign where you do different missions by yourself, Multiplayer were you and some friends can get together and go Online to face live people or you can do Local where you can set up bots that you would face, and then there is Zombies were you go up against waves of Zombies in the apocalypse on different maps. During Campaign mode you don’t get to chose your weapons and what map you are on, there are missions that you go on to save the President or hunt for a diplomat. Campaign mode is fun and very challenging on certain levels.

In Multiplayer mode you can almost do anything. You can have whatever guns and accessories that you want, change teams and change what maps you are playing on, add bots with different skill levels, change game modes, have scorestreaks were once you get a certain amount of kills without dying you get a device that will help your team. Many people play on Multiplayer mode because there are more options and more things to try out.

Finally in Zombies. Zombies is a super fun mode, you can play with a bunch of your friends like in multiplayer. IN this mode you have to survive waves of zombies and every time you kill a zombie you get money that helps you buy better guns, power them up, open doors to buildings, and barricade windows. In zombies you can set it up where you can only shoot them in the head and more. In zombies once you fall and get down your friend has to come over and revive you and if they die then you gives are done. Just like Multiplayer you can play on multiple maps and different hardnesses. Zombies is a great challenge for you and your friends.

Overall this is a great game for people to play, it is real life, great graphics, and all around fun. This game does contain killing and blood and many parents don’t let their kids or younger kids play and watch this game. There are some cons for this game. Black Ops 2 does glitch out and freeze once in awhile. This game is great and I like it alot. If I left anything out and you have any questions don’t be afraid to contact me.
  14. Feb 13, 2017
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is a game for gaming consoles such as Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. In this game there are many options of what you can do. I have been playing this game for about two years and I have not gotten bored of it yet. The graphics on this game is pretty good. You have huge big selection of guns that you can use. When you first start you get a choice of only a couple ofCall of Duty Black Ops 2 is a game for gaming consoles such as Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. In this game there are many options of what you can do. I have been playing this game for about two years and I have not gotten bored of it yet. The graphics on this game is pretty good. You have huge big selection of guns that you can use. When you first start you get a choice of only a couple of guns. But after you play more you start to level up and get more guns and unlock scopes and camos for the gun.

Con
    - There are sometimes hackers so they mess with match that you are in
    - If you leave a match more than 3 times you will get a probation warning

Pros
    - You can play online
    -You can do Campaign mode
    -Big selection of guns
    - Good maps to play on
    -Cool camos to put on you can put on your gun
    -you can do a custom game where you can play with bots.

Some good things about this gun for some people is that there are a lot of setting options. Such as how fast your sensitivity is, if you want your control buttons swapped, and the graphics. The controls are hard at first but once you keep playing you will get good at it. This game has been one of my favorite games for the past two years. I recommend this game to people that want a game like this. I would rate this game a 4 ½ stars.
  15. Dec 11, 2016
    Black Ops II is by far my favourite Call of Duty. It had everything I wanted; an amazing story driven campaign, a fun online multiplayer, and a fun zombies mode. The campaign brought back fan favourite characters like Woods and Mason, it introduced branching storylines never before seen in Call of Duty, and had a really amazing villain. The multiplayer was slightly futuristic yet stillBlack Ops II is by far my favourite Call of Duty. It had everything I wanted; an amazing story driven campaign, a fun online multiplayer, and a fun zombies mode. The campaign brought back fan favourite characters like Woods and Mason, it introduced branching storylines never before seen in Call of Duty, and had a really amazing villain. The multiplayer was slightly futuristic yet still boots on the ground combat. The guns were fun to use and the map layouts were great. The fast paced action of the multiplayer and the cool kill streaks made the multiplayer addictive. They also introduced some of the best dlc maps I've ever seen, including Grind. The zombies mode was my favourite yet. They introduced a cool ranking system, new game modes like grief, and created two of the greatest maps in zombies history (I'm looking at you Mob of the Dead and Origins). Overall Black Ops II was exactly what I wanted from a Call of Duty game and never disappointed. Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2016
    this game basically is really really really awful i played it a few years ago at a youth club and gave up after about five minutes it is one of the worst games i have ever played i will never touch a call of duty game again
  17. Jul 4, 2016
    Lets all be honest here, cod black ops 2 is the exact same game as the first. The story is just about some guy with Vietnam flashbacks I guess, but it's still pretty dull. The multiplayer is the exact same thing as the first, with one good map once again in the same game. The only reason why it wasn't lower was because of the zombie mode, which has better maps.
  18. Jun 28, 2016
    I feel that this game was actually one of the few call of duties that was actually something new and fun. This was by far the most I have ever played a call of duty game and still to this day I sometimes go back and play the zombies mode. I just love the atmosphere this game provides.
  19. May 2, 2016
    Terrible game . I dont like this game . I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 , 3 , Call of Duty Ghosts , Advanced Warfare and even Black Ops 3 . I dont really like COD series , Battlefield better than COD . Call of Duty Black Ops ll is worst game on series . Terrible graphics and this game just for kids . This game is one of the worst shooter for the last 7 year . Terrible , SUCK , bad ,Terrible game . I dont like this game . I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 , 3 , Call of Duty Ghosts , Advanced Warfare and even Black Ops 3 . I dont really like COD series , Battlefield better than COD . Call of Duty Black Ops ll is worst game on series . Terrible graphics and this game just for kids . This game is one of the worst shooter for the last 7 year . Terrible , SUCK , bad , FUUUUCK , **** , ass . 1/10 . Expand
  20. Apr 17, 2016
    Bueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super marioBueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super mario o fifa son repetitivos, pero son divertidos(Siempre compro nuevos mario pero ya no fifa, con tener uno basta) Expand
  21. Mar 17, 2016
    This is not a game to play because of its single-player mode (short, linear, cliche...), but because of the multiplayer. This game has one of the best FPS gameplays of the VII generation of games; it's smooth, easy to learn and has a decent balance. By far the best Call of Duty since MW.
    We all know the problems with the community, the story mode (maybe playing at the highest difficulty will add a little challenge to it), silly and expensive DLCs... but playing it is a good experience.
    But... is it worth the initial price? Absolutely not. This game should be just about $25 or $30. That would be perfect. $70 is too much for such a product.
    Nevertheless, the 'naked' game has a decent amount of content; multiplayer and zombies mode. Personally I had a nice experience playing it with friends at home and online. Of course, this franchise has been 'casualized' but that should not be necessarily a bad thing if we talk about gameplay alone.
    The really bad things about this franchise are DLCs, bad single-modes and high pricing.
    Buying this for $30 or $25 is a very good investment though.
    There are also nice easter eggs...
  22. Feb 24, 2016
    simplesmente o melhor jogo da série call of duty. o black ops 1 foi muito bom, mas esse foi espetacular. além de uma ótima história e boa jogabilidade como visto no 1. o call of duty black ops 2 oferece um multiplayer com telas melhores, diversos modos divertidos como o jogo de armas. o modo zombi ficou bem melhor que o do black ops 1, dando pra jogar até 4 pessoas, tendo nível desimplesmente o melhor jogo da série call of duty. o black ops 1 foi muito bom, mas esse foi espetacular. além de uma ótima história e boa jogabilidade como visto no 1. o call of duty black ops 2 oferece um multiplayer com telas melhores, diversos modos divertidos como o jogo de armas. o modo zombi ficou bem melhor que o do black ops 1, dando pra jogar até 4 pessoas, tendo nível de dificuldade e mais telas. o modo transi também é bem interessante. Expand
  23. Feb 21, 2016
    I'm not a big Call of duty fan but I'm not going to call this game sh*t because I would be lying to my self,this is not only my favorite Call of duty game but it is easily one of my favorite multiplayer games to date. The story in this is surprisingly great as what you do in the missions and how you perform them effects the ending either badly,bittersweet or greatly it's a lot of fun and II'm not a big Call of duty fan but I'm not going to call this game sh*t because I would be lying to my self,this is not only my favorite Call of duty game but it is easily one of my favorite multiplayer games to date. The story in this is surprisingly great as what you do in the missions and how you perform them effects the ending either badly,bittersweet or greatly it's a lot of fun and I won't spoil it. The multiplayer in this game is decent but with friends I had an incredibly great time this is even better in zombies especially on the map tranzit as you survive,craft weapons and purchase better weapons and if its getting to hot you can run into the bus and travel to a different area and I haven't even gotten into the Easter eggs and secrets. Overall I would highly recommend it. Expand
  24. J0e
    Jan 16, 2016
    It has a the best story in the series the best multiplayer and the best zombies even though it is the same call of duty but has great new and old characters great choices that change the story and ending and such great zombies maps even transit it is the best in the series and since it is call of duty anyone can play it gamers and non gamers great story alone great zombies alone and withIt has a the best story in the series the best multiplayer and the best zombies even though it is the same call of duty but has great new and old characters great choices that change the story and ending and such great zombies maps even transit it is the best in the series and since it is call of duty anyone can play it gamers and non gamers great story alone great zombies alone and with friends great multiplayer alone with bots and with friends. Overall it is a fun game and is the best in the series I would recommend it for gamers and non gamers because call of duty is so simple and fun even if each game has little changes. Expand
  25. Jan 7, 2016
    Black Ops 2 is one of the best Call of Duty entries to this day. With perhaps the most gripping campaign of all, and refined online gameplay that would fix the errors of previous games, Black Ops 2 looked to put the franchise back on track. Even now the zombie mode in BO2 remains the outright best of all, and with some of the best looking maps and most fun weapons to use, BO2 took what wasBlack Ops 2 is one of the best Call of Duty entries to this day. With perhaps the most gripping campaign of all, and refined online gameplay that would fix the errors of previous games, Black Ops 2 looked to put the franchise back on track. Even now the zombie mode in BO2 remains the outright best of all, and with some of the best looking maps and most fun weapons to use, BO2 took what was good from BO1 and enhanced and innovated brilliantly. Expand
  26. Nov 24, 2015
    I've tried every COD game to date since BOP II's release and keep going back to this one. It's simple, arcadey and fun. Good game to put on with friends and veg for a few hours. Starting with Ghosts, the devs have tried to make more realistic maps which results in more annoying camping spots. Playing any of the games after BOP II are unbearable. I've given Ghosts and advanced warfare aI've tried every COD game to date since BOP II's release and keep going back to this one. It's simple, arcadey and fun. Good game to put on with friends and veg for a few hours. Starting with Ghosts, the devs have tried to make more realistic maps which results in more annoying camping spots. Playing any of the games after BOP II are unbearable. I've given Ghosts and advanced warfare a fair try but BOP III looks like AW part 2 and isn't worth my hard earned money. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2015
    A very fun multiplayer tainted by poor hit detection and terrible lag compensation. The first half of the match 2-3 bullet kills. "Switching sides" 5-6 bullet kills.
  28. Oct 20, 2015
    Best BO game. The campaign was engaging and very fun to play. The multiple options having different effects later on in the game was something new that I enjoyed. Online was fun but I felt they went too far with the customizability. A little structure in COD is always good IMO. Zombies were fun but unfortunately I bought the seasons pass and lost interest in the game before the 3rdBest BO game. The campaign was engaging and very fun to play. The multiple options having different effects later on in the game was something new that I enjoyed. Online was fun but I felt they went too far with the customizability. A little structure in COD is always good IMO. Zombies were fun but unfortunately I bought the seasons pass and lost interest in the game before the 3rd DLC was released. Expand
  29. Oct 16, 2015
    If you’ve been living under a rock over the last couple of months let me bring to your attention, Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Formed by the team at Treyarch and brought to the world by Activision. BLOPs II as it’s widely known takes us on a journey from 1986 all the way to the future, 2025 to be exact.

In this fast paced First-Person-Shooter the campaign drops you in the boots of Alex and David Mason, a father and son combo along with other roles as sub-characters as the story progresses through multiple choices/ endings. Everyone was optimistic of how the game would lay between the past release and this current second title. But the link between the two time eras slot together in my eyes perfectly, laying down the storyline with force and action. Although there may be too many cut scenes for the personal taste, I stayed gripped and was fascinated by all the new tech and side missions, named Strike Force.

The Strike Force missions were a great insight into the multi-player maps as these are both two of the same, so when I did venture onto the huge multi-player goodness, I was equip with the Intel and ammo ready to take on the world. The only problem whilst aiming through the online MP was the host migration and connection problems, which are being ironed out. This still didn’t deter from playing endless games in the mass variety of play-lists from Kill Confirmed and Domination through to the good old Party Games of Gun Game and Sticks & Stones that BLOPS is renowned for.

A great new online feature to highlight is League Play, with the developers taking great thought into the pro gaming/ eSports following. Players are put through their skill base in different class leagues in a tournament style layout, the more you win the more you progress, from the Iron League or with the top flight in the Masters League. All weapons are unlocked also, so there is no blaming the gun that you have picked from the vast array that’s at hand. If all this is a bit too much for you and you just want to, I don’t know, shot Zombies?!? Then come on in!

Zombies Mode is a groovy addition to the BLOPS series, with a lot of people gunning to just play this mode alone. Many maps are available with a good chunk of achievements/ trophies being held here for endless zombie hordes and crazy voices. The new improved look & play is great and reminiscent of its predecessor. Party up or go it lone ranger it’s up to you, but believe me safety, is as they say, in numbers.

There is so much detail that can discussed but its best to just go and buy this game, you shall not be disappointed. If you do and come across some dude running around with Monk above his head, that would be me, so say hi & please… don’t shoot me.
  30. Oct 14, 2015
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is first person shooter game. It has a big selection of guns and score streaks. There are 15 standard maps and 16 DLC maps. Black Ops 2 has zombie mode which has 3 standard maps and 5 DLC maps. The graphics are average as game was released in 2012, but by that time the graphics were good. The sound is realistic. The pluses of this game are:
    • Good graphics
    • Good
    • Good graphics
    • Good sound effect
    • Excellent game play
    • Big selection of maps, game mods, guns
    I would recommend this game because it’s a good way to spend your time, and have fun with your friends.
  31. Aug 23, 2013
    1) graphics-worse then cod mw(2007) rank 0
    2)engine-lag and low fps even on i7+ati 5450 hd,game crash none stop,glitched rank 0
    3)story- boring rank 1 4)gameplay- same gameplay from mw 2007, you run in arcade mode and gun and cause of lag and game crush the its impossible to enjoy it so... rank 0 5)online- no dedicated servers 90% of players community under 14 and hacks,lag all the
    1) graphics-worse then cod mw(2007) rank 0
    3)story- boring rank 1
    5)online- no dedicated servers 90% of players community under 14 and hacks,lag all the time rank 0

conclusion 0+0+0+0+1/5= 0
    worse game and not playble dont buy or rent just play the previous once

2. X-ONE Magazine UK