4.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2086 Ratings

1. May 18, 2013
    ever since black ops 1 the call of duty games have lost their wow I mean the only great thing about this is its story but everything else is just awful like the graphics its just the same thing over and over again and the shooting it is just awful.
    Activision has to let call of duty rest for some time then the games could be more polished and also with a new graphics engine this is what i want but no they wont because is such a big money maker and will never stop being a money maker I have basically lost hope on the call of duty series now its just gone
  2. May 28, 2013
    Same guns, same story, same gamemodes, same maps, same graphics engine etc. It's like every other COD game, only somehow they managed to make it worse! I weep for humanity.
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    I don't know what should I write to make everyone agree with me. And I mean EVERYONE with no exceptions. Why newer game generation hardly brought innovation to any kind of gameplay? Why complaining only gets worse over time?
  4. Nov 15, 2012
    If you or your kid have been diagnosed with ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or Kalnienk vision disorder this game is designed especially for YOU ! This is not the Black Ops game you were hoping for... This is Super Turbo Edition ! Treyarch came to the conclusion medium size maps are boring and not engaging enough.Play area has been shrinked significantly (on most of theIf you or your kid have been diagnosed with ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or Kalnienk vision disorder this game is designed especially for YOU ! This is not the Black Ops game you were hoping for... This is Super Turbo Edition ! Treyarch came to the conclusion medium size maps are boring and not engaging enough.Play area has been shrinked significantly (on most of the maps) to accommodate extremely engaging close quarters play-stile of spawn chuck a grenade and then either kill something or get killed by whatever flew out of opposite side. Every map has been build around simple principle of tiny area and 3 corridors to flow the gameplay in the middle left and right side. I dont care about single player or will be talking about it but I assure you its Michael Bay style showcase from killing Vietcong soldiers, wing-suit flying all the way to some idiotic command and conquer RTS style mini-missions 0_o why ? I don't know... and YES ! There is dubstep, because every game in 2012 needs some of that wub wub. The only redeeming factor could be zombies, but why would you be willing to pay full price for it when there are more engaging brain eating themed games available for a lot less (L4D series) So far I've spend 5 hours in online battles and had no fun at all ! I'll try to sell this game by the end of the week or trade with somebody for something else. Meantime I'm going back to battlefield, maybe I won't have shiny 60 frames per second but at least game is not forcing me to have fun doing escapades inside rat maze size of a shoe box ! Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    This map pack is definately a must buy if you are into call of duty, the main reason i bought it was because i have MUG written on my forehead, you have to shine a UV light to detect it but its still there unfortunately, this means activision has implanted me with a chip that blips off when a new call of duty is released and makes me go and buy it or if you have the V2 chip you immediatelyThis map pack is definately a must buy if you are into call of duty, the main reason i bought it was because i have MUG written on my forehead, you have to shine a UV light to detect it but its still there unfortunately, this means activision has implanted me with a chip that blips off when a new call of duty is released and makes me go and buy it or if you have the V2 chip you immediately pre order it 4 months in advance, upon release you buy the game play it for 2 hours and wonder how you spent your money, then you have 8 months of life to live until they activate the chips again. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Please don't listen to the trolling reviews that are at 0. I got up early to play this game on steam unlock. Let me tell you the best part yes, of course, it's the new zombies. That is the main reason I bought the game and honestly, it makes it worth it. I won't lie the multiplayer seems a bit bland and times, not sure if that is due to gameplay enviorments or both. Not saying multiplayerPlease don't listen to the trolling reviews that are at 0. I got up early to play this game on steam unlock. Let me tell you the best part yes, of course, it's the new zombies. That is the main reason I bought the game and honestly, it makes it worth it. I won't lie the multiplayer seems a bit bland and times, not sure if that is due to gameplay enviorments or both. Not saying multiplayer is bad, I just don't think any new Call Of Duty can live up to hype on this generation console. Maybe the next gen if the systems are real game changers. I mean think about it how much can you change games that play on a standard controller or keyboard and mouse. Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    Black Ops II is a decent Call of Duty game, but doesn't peak any records. The campaign was interesting and introduced a new twist. The characters were forgettable and the missions were somewhat fun. Campaign is a 6.

The multiplayer was as awful as Black Ops with bad hit detection, huge amounts of lag, and bad map design.got to 1st prestige before I found myself back in Modern Warfare 2 and 3. Multiplayer is a mediocre 4.

Zombies was fun and entertaining, but nowhere near the amazing entertainment that Black Ops packed. Zombies is the only reason I still play Call of Duty Black Ops 2. It deserves a 7.

Overall, Black Ops 2 earns a five from me, below normal Call of Duty standards. I've found that almost every game made by Infinity Ward surpasses Treyarch's crappy games. Hopefully Ghosts will raise the standard a little.

Overall 5
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Let me preface this review by saying I hate what COD stands for. I have played every COD, and played competitively during MW2. I hate the fact that the engine is re-used. I hate it even more because it's the same problem we see with movies nowadays, it's laziness, but it's laziness that sells. I hated it so much that, even though everyone on my FL was playing it, I did not buy MW3. BasedLet me preface this review by saying I hate what COD stands for. I have played every COD, and played competitively during MW2. I hate the fact that the engine is re-used. I hate it even more because it's the same problem we see with movies nowadays, it's laziness, but it's laziness that sells. I hated it so much that, even though everyone on my FL was playing it, I did not buy MW3. Based on what people have told me, it's a good thing I did not try that trainwreck. Oddly, a few weeks back, I made a decision to come back to COD. Blackops 2 is exactly what I thought it was. The one thing I don't understand is all the hate coming from the same direction. If you bought this game and were not expecting a COD game, I have nothing to say to you other than "what did you think it would be?" Anyway, the engine is old, but the MP shines. It and BF3 both do the multiplayer thing about as good as you'll find on a console, and we'll have to wait for the next gen of consoles for some true innovation, but this is exactly what you thought it would be. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2012
    COMPLETE GARBAGE! I wasted 60 dollars on this stupid game!!!!
  10. Apr 2, 2013
    I’ve played a lot of shooters, but not a COD game until now. I haven’t missed much. The game offers a forgettable campaign that is more interactive movie than shooter. The story is convoluted and sloppy. It's essentially an on rails shooter with equal parts gameplay and cinematics. For us older gamers who appreciated the heydays of ID and Valve, this is a dreadful combination. Is theI’ve played a lot of shooters, but not a COD game until now. I haven’t missed much. The game offers a forgettable campaign that is more interactive movie than shooter. The story is convoluted and sloppy. It's essentially an on rails shooter with equal parts gameplay and cinematics. For us older gamers who appreciated the heydays of ID and Valve, this is a dreadful combination. Is the expeexpectation that shooters involve tons of shooting asking too much? Treyarch added RTS elements called Strikeforce missions to the series. Unfortunately, they’re half-baked additions that detract from the experience. Completing the missions affects the ending, but the ending is chaotic either way. If you want an engaging campaign, look elsewhere. Who am I kidding? COD games are known for their multiplayer experiences. The zombie mode is disappointing. The maps are cramped and dull. The zombies are dull. The gameplay is dull. It’s just plain dull. If you want zombies, pick up Left for Dead 2. The Left for Dead series sets the gold standard for zombie games and has an active online community. After all the hype surrounding the zombie mode, I’m left scratching my head asking myself: Why is this so popular? Perhaps I’m missing something. BO 2’s zombie mode demonstrates why Valve games have such long self-lives.The regular multiplayer is appreciably better. The game performs admirably on Xbox with smooth and swift action. That is the hallmark of COD games: performance. That being said, there is little innovation. The graphics are noticeably dated and almost cartoonish. The “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality of Activision is hard to justify after playing this game. It’s just another twitch finger multiplayer. The customization system is OK, but most upgrades feel useless. Also, footsteps are inaudible. Being stabbed in the back feels cheap because you literally never hear it coming. The multiplayer maps are tiny which negatively impacts gameplay. The result is an overabundance of SMG users. These guns possess absurd short to mid-range stopping power. Hip firing SMG's easily clears out rooms full of baddies. There is also an overabundance of quick scoping. Players running around with sniper rifles getting quick, close-range kills is just ridiculous. The scorestreak system is flawed as it only rewards the top 10-20% of players with the best bonuses. Since scorestreaks can be carried thru multiple rounds they are spammed during tiebreakers. The argument that the COD multiplayer is an unrealistic arcade shooter certainly applies here. You can snipe with SMG’s and get kills on the run with sniper rifles. All that said, once you master the game, it can be fun. Thankfully, combat training allows players to hone their skills without affecting their much revered stats. You can still rank up and unlock attachments for your weapons, but the round bonuses are reduced by half. The online community for COD is massive. Lobbies are always full for all game modes. If you have a fast internet connection, change your settings to only connect with players with an equally fast or faster connection. This can significantly reduce lag and bullet warping. However, the COD community is a bittersweet asset. It’s brimming with sore losers who love nothing more than to pester players for violating the “rules”. Camping and “noob toobing” are apparently grave offenses and merit harassment and name calling against those engaging in such reprehensible behaviors. Using an LMG with a target finder is also deplorable and deserves racist and homophobic taunts. The amount of harassment and name calling I’ve experienced in Black Ops 2 is unrivalled on any Xbox game I’ve play. It's nasty at times. What’s saddening is that children are just as nasty as adults. I blame parents for this. Still, Xbox and Activision do poor jobs enforcing the Code of Conduct that everyone agrees to. The general consensus in a BO 2 lobby: Reporting someone brings zero results. The notion that Xbox’s reporting system is broken fosters this behavior. Considering Xbox Live Gold is a paid service, they should do a better job censuring players. Black Ops 2 does a lot of things, but it doesn’t do anything well. The campaign is awful. The multiplayer unbalanced. And the zombie mode is just plain overhyped. Ghost Recon Future Soldier didn't receive the hype and is a excels as shooter. But Future Soldier is tough because it involves heavy tactics and teamwork which turns most players off. COD games are popular because the games are technically easy to play. This is unfortunate because there are much better games out there which are left cowering in the shadow of a subpar, overhyped behemoth. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    Treyarch returns to the Call of Duty franchise with the sequel to Black Ops. Black Ops II offers a brand new challenging campaign Treyarch tried to make different than others by including "Strike Force Missions", which means that whatever your actions occur, such as if you die in the game, will effect how the game will end. While Strike Force missions may sound promising, they do notTreyarch returns to the Call of Duty franchise with the sequel to Black Ops. Black Ops II offers a brand new challenging campaign Treyarch tried to make different than others by including "Strike Force Missions", which means that whatever your actions occur, such as if you die in the game, will effect how the game will end. While Strike Force missions may sound promising, they do not always make the game as fun and can be annoying, and the campaign is overall solid. Multiplayer as always returns and feels the same as always only with futuristic weapons, but at least Treyarch is doing a better job and listening to the community for ways to better the game. Zombies is back and better than ever. TranZit was well done and everytime I play I learn something new and fun. Treyarch really put effort into hearing the fans calls out from the community for the best Zombies gameplay. The Nuketown Zombies map is decent, but nothing to get really hyped for. Overall, Black Ops II is a better game than the original, (but the graphics should have improved so much more!) offering a solid campaign with its weak moments, a same feeling multiplayer only with new maps and a more futuristic setting, and a much better and extremely fun Zombies mode, Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2013
    finally some improvement to the game. But just not enough all the same with new modes, and the story has been improved a little. They added AI to play against finally so i can just chill out and play the game now and a point to it for almost every area except creativity +3, game-play +2
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    So, here we are again, another Call of Duty game in the seemingly endless franchise. I'm not going to lie - when I read these reviews before getting home and playing the game, I wasn't expecting much.

Wasn't I wrong. This does not feel like a COD game, regardless of what others who have reviewed it say - the campaign is fantastic, diverse and written by the Co-Writer of The Dark Knight Rises, the zombies is as great as usual, and the multiplayer... well, it's the first time i've actually enjoyed the multiplayer during the first hour of playtime since MW2.

This is NOT the best COD game, that title belongs to the classics - however, it only just falls short, and deserves a solid 9.3.

NOTE: I warn you to disregard any 'RED' reviews. The vast majority are very likely to be bandwaggoning haters and/or Battlefield/Halo fans. It's a shame that men have to resort to such childish means to get 'one-up' on rival gaming franchises.
  14. Nov 19, 2014
    I have been playing Black Ops 2 on and off since its release. It's my go to COD game. The maps are varied, the classes are extremely customizable. The season pass was well worth the money. The damage system is to my liking. Nothing seems overly cheap to me. I have played the F outta this game and will continue to play it until its death. You can have your ghosts and advanced warfare.I have been playing Black Ops 2 on and off since its release. It's my go to COD game. The maps are varied, the classes are extremely customizable. The season pass was well worth the money. The damage system is to my liking. Nothing seems overly cheap to me. I have played the F outta this game and will continue to play it until its death. You can have your ghosts and advanced warfare. Honestly its COD. It realeases every single year, find one that you like and have fun. Expand
  15. JEK
    Nov 24, 2012
    I'm a fan of this franchise and I was disappointed from the story line. I mean If you compare the story from black ops 1, mw1 and mw2. It's no where near those COD. They feature new additional gameplay like horseback riding, controlling drones, robots and driving etc. but they lack climax of the story.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    Online is a blast zombies better than ever, a great change of pace. If you love the series you'll defiantly love this entry. Haven't delved into the campaign but we know what we're here for.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Ugh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challengeUgh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challenge for game of the year. Definitely shooter of the year. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    I have got to say, what with this and Halo 4, FPS'ers are spoilt. The multiplayer maps are so much better than MW3, which was the 1st CoD game I stopped playing due to boredom. Always preferred Treyarch's maps to IW for some reason. Hope their next game is World at War 2!

Little bit worried the Assault Rifles might be a little underpowered, but will upgrade my weapon and see. I

I havent played Single Player - due to the fact the last one I enjoyed was WaW.
  19. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland,While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2012
    I originally gave this an 8 but after playing it for over a week ish.......................... 2 words LAG COMPENSATION!!!!!! Enough said..... games f**ked... like mw3............. RIP COD!
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't know how people rate this game 10/10, 9/10, or even 8/10. The campaign of this game was kinda weak, and like all CoD games, its very short. Just because they think adding bunch of explosions in one screen would make this game awesome...lol no...Multiplayer...oh man...the reason buy this game is multiplayer. The online of this game is basically the same sh!t as the otherI don't know how people rate this game 10/10, 9/10, or even 8/10. The campaign of this game was kinda weak, and like all CoD games, its very short. Just because they think adding bunch of explosions in one screen would make this game awesome...lol no...Multiplayer...oh man...the reason buy this game is multiplayer. The online of this game is basically the same sh!t as the other titles..similar perks and all. They might have added a few new additions like some new tech into the game multiplayer but still it feels the same. This game deserves 5 or lower out of 10. Its not worth the 60$ people...your basically buying the same game except with a new story and new toys added to your online experience. You guys please open your minds and face the fact that this game is not worth it. PS: Only positive thing about this game is zombie. Expand
  22. Apr 11, 2013
    Although similar to previous CoD games, Black Ops 2 had new and exciting missions and a cliff-hanging campaign, taking the action to the next level. With new weapons, locations, and tactical exploits, I recommend this game to any gamer of the FPS genre. Not only are the graphics ideal, but they are suited for directx11 and all future OS installments. For a great time and addictingAlthough similar to previous CoD games, Black Ops 2 had new and exciting missions and a cliff-hanging campaign, taking the action to the next level. With new weapons, locations, and tactical exploits, I recommend this game to any gamer of the FPS genre. Not only are the graphics ideal, but they are suited for directx11 and all future OS installments. For a great time and addicting multiplayer, pick Black Ops 2! Expand
  23. May 1, 2013
    CoD, CoD never changes. Well that's not completely true. They do try to add new things to the each successive iteration. But the problem is that the changes done this time do nothing to make things better. Assuming that the rest of the game is the same old same old lets look at the changes shall we? (focussing on sp here) :
    -loadout screen in front of each mission ala ranbow six. While
    -loadout screen in front of each mission ala ranbow six. While this might have been welcome addition, it really doesn't matter so much in the CoD universe. i mostly keep switch guns and the game also keeps many different types of guns for us to use during checkpoints anyways.
    -Semi optional tower defense/rts tactical game. Let me tell you, i am a rts enthusiast and even i was thinking "what is this doing inside CoD"? Besides, the units take too long to respond, new units spawn very slowly and the whole mission takes way too much time.
    -Choice system and multiple endings. While i have no proper with such a system,i wonder why was it suddenly given suddenly in blops2? and since the series is such a linear gameplay experience, i was kinda annoyed.
    A point comes in the game where u have to snipe a masked target. I tried to shoot at the guards holding the target and i got a game over screen. But its out you could've saved the guy by shooting his limbs off! Really? Why doesn't it give me a game over wen i do that
    -Story. Implausible on all levels. The bad guy gets caught and escapes so many times, its laughable.

So there u go. 4 changes that could have improved the game but end up making it worse. Essentially because they are tacked on to the same old game
  24. Jun 4, 2014
    I think the game is great!!!! Well done! The campaign was really fun at first, but like everything else it gets boring after the first time. I think this got more negative because you have some Battlefield losers commenting on this game. But the game play is really well done, the only thing that really bugged me for this game is quickscopers. Seriously, just don't make snipers in the game,I think the game is great!!!! Well done! The campaign was really fun at first, but like everything else it gets boring after the first time. I think this got more negative because you have some Battlefield losers commenting on this game. But the game play is really well done, the only thing that really bugged me for this game is quickscopers. Seriously, just don't make snipers in the game, it just makes the game totally unfair when you play it online. The graphics could be a lot better, especially when you have someone like Trey arch making the game. Zombies was a bit, well too hard. I would only give zombies a 3/10 because the maps really stunk. The characters were really crappy, and what was the story in all of that? Needless to say I really thought it was a good game. Oh, and another thing, this game is WAY to over hacked, I can not go into one lobby without a, aim bot, quickscoper, booster, or them hacking to where they're health is to invincible and impossible to kill. Just, no more snipers, stop the loop holes on hacking, and make the graphics better. Expand
  25. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a 6 out of 10 at best. Black Ops 2 is a copy-paste of all the call of duties since MW2. Many of the previous Call of Duty games did each of the 3 gameplay parts so well but not bo2. Overall, I hate is the cartoon graphics, gun models, audio, and gun sounds. First of all, campaign was a huge disappointment. Before this, the campaign wasn't really important but this year,This game is a 6 out of 10 at best. Black Ops 2 is a copy-paste of all the call of duties since MW2. Many of the previous Call of Duty games did each of the 3 gameplay parts so well but not bo2. Overall, I hate is the cartoon graphics, gun models, audio, and gun sounds. First of all, campaign was a huge disappointment. Before this, the campaign wasn't really important but this year, they started to care about it. They pushed the campaign as important from the beginning and added create a class and challenges. However, it seems like they spent more time with that than the gameplay. The gameplay was repetitive, boring, and forgettable, unlike previous call of duties. (aside from MW3.) The story was good in theory, but it was executed poorly and forgettable as well. There really isn't any urge for me to go back and play more of the single player. Strike force was good in theory, but it was too easy and short, and the controls are terrible. Now, for everyone's favorite, multiplayer. It is the worst of any FPS i have played. The balance is horrid the shotguns (particularly the R-870) and the sniper rifles are EXTREMELY overpowered. The SMG's are also OP to a lesser extent, and now the LMG's are overpowered as well. (when so called "camping" especially, and using target finder.) the assault rifles, asides from the full auto SMR and FAL, which were nerfered, are underpowered and have no real purpose in the game. the automatic pistols are also overpowered, and leave the other ones useless. The knife is all messed up it's inconsistent and is pretty much useless except for a few lucky times. The maps are the worst of any cod I've seen they're small and don't feel right, or like call of duty at all. i loved the MW2 and BO1 maps, and i really don't like the MW3 and BO2 maps. the pick 10 system is bad and the weapon leveling system is bad too. the pick 10 i find awful because a smoke grenade costs the same amount of points as a machine gun. also, it's weird that it takes a full point for something that you could run out of, (a gun, grenade) but so do your perks and they don't run out. they ruined domination by splitting it into two rounds, and the maps only seem to be made for a couple game modes. the community in this game is the worst that i have ever seen in a cod game, and they don't help with all the overpowered weapons. Zombies was a huge letdown. It feels weird and the maps are bad. Green run maps are forgettable, way too small, and don't feel like actual zombies maps. It was made for tranzit which you have fun for the first few times you play it, but then you get bored of it. (tranzit is only really good for messing around with random people online). Nuketown zombies is forgettable as well. The dlc maps were better, but still not as good as BO1 or World at war. Die rise was bad but better, mob of the dead was good, and buried was okay. At least they added join in progress for zombies. (this is one of the few things I think they did right with this game) Overall, this game was a big disappointment and a waste of money. The weapons, gameplay, graphics, audio, and overall themes of the game are forgettable.
    PS don't buy the extra camos, backgrounds, etc. they are a waste of money and the money just goes to two undeserving companies (treyarch and activision)
  26. Jan 26, 2014
    Acceptable but not great. Graphics are good but not as good as Battlefield and Crysis. The campaign follows WOW and BO but is a bit of an improvement. I am quite disappointed in the Zombies mode as it could use improvement. The multiplayer is pretty good, especially the League Play despite all the little dumb 7-13 year olds shouting through the microphone.
  27. Oct 3, 2014
    Black ops 2 is a futuristic game with advanced weaponry. well I don't know why people are hating on this game because this game is supposed to drag out of the past warfare and into the future warfare where it is really cool.
  28. Dec 27, 2012
    this isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be ! , however it could have been alot better feels that the makers got lazy in some areas. there are some terrible map creation , the graphics are nowhere near up to standard of most games, the spawn system is awful, and it still takes the piss sometimes to kill somebody but the gameplay is decent , the score streaks and 10 token system forthis isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be ! , however it could have been alot better feels that the makers got lazy in some areas. there are some terrible map creation , the graphics are nowhere near up to standard of most games, the spawn system is awful, and it still takes the piss sometimes to kill somebody but the gameplay is decent , the score streaks and 10 token system for weapon customisation is unique and makes it more interesting and more of a challenge. overall its not too bad all depends what your in to . Expand
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    I gave the game an 8 for the multiplayer alone. I still haven't finished the single player, it was boring. And I completely hated the RTS alternate mission. They had no place in a FPS. But the multiplayer... the point system is pure genius. Finally a developer listened and brought back on of the best features of the original title: custom games with bots.I refuse to play with randomI gave the game an 8 for the multiplayer alone. I still haven't finished the single player, it was boring. And I completely hated the RTS alternate mission. They had no place in a FPS. But the multiplayer... the point system is pure genius. Finally a developer listened and brought back on of the best features of the original title: custom games with bots.I refuse to play with random idiot/racist/homophobic/sexist preteens on XBL anymore, yet it's rare that all my friends can find the time to game together. It's nice to have bots to fill out the teams. And like the original Halo, the level designers took extreme pride in giving us amazing well thought out levels. Usually I love one or two maps and hate the rest. While I do have a couple of favorites, I was surprised to fine myself liking all of the maps. Zombies have been revamped a bit with the addition of an easy mode (which isn't all that easy), but they are still completely unplayable solo. I would love to see a much easier easy mode (sometimes you just want to mindlessly kill zombies for hours stress free), and maybe an ammo station in the easy mode. Also the option to have the revive cola station set to infinate (it disappears after three uses) It's quite frustrating to get your face weapons from the drop box, upgrade them with the pack-a-punch, only to run out of ammo. them with zombies closing in you hit up the drop box, only to get completely screwed over with knife, or grenade launcher. Then the zombies kill you. But overall a great game, one I'll keep and play for years. Maybe I'll even get around to finishing the single player campaign. Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    At one point, I did enjoy the Call of Duty franchise for what it was. It had an exciting campaign, an addictive multiplayer (until little children, hackers, and people who treated the game as if its a goddamn national sport ruined it all), and was an overall great package. But most of the hate has gone beyond this franchise itself and straight to the reputation of its developers as theyAt one point, I did enjoy the Call of Duty franchise for what it was. It had an exciting campaign, an addictive multiplayer (until little children, hackers, and people who treated the game as if its a goddamn national sport ruined it all), and was an overall great package. But most of the hate has gone beyond this franchise itself and straight to the reputation of its developers as they will constantly force the same product every year in order to produce the same sales results as say MW2. This practice doesn't help evolve the industry, it destroys it. The more you release the same product every year, the more likely it will fade away. Look at Guitar Hero, a game that was published by Activison but failed because of over flooding the market with the same game every year. Because of this, Guitar Hero is not only dead, but so is the music game genre. Now, Call of Duty has not only attracted some of the more dedicated consumers, but the casual market as well. This game is the reason to why the game market is flooded with Shooters every year and there is hardly any diversity in the game market. The fact that these games are pumped out ever year with little to no creative is the reason why the material is dry, monotonous, and unappealing to many. The only positive is that the game isn't broken. This franchise not only reached its peak back way back in 2007, but it has also brought a downfall to games in general. Expand
  31. Apr 30, 2013
    Remember BlOps 1? Well... this game has similar feelings attached. Sometimes, the levels are AMAZING, and sometimes, you just want to throw your controller through the screen. The Storymode is pretty ok. That's about it. The multiplayer is pretty whacky, because there are a LOT of camper spammers. Ugh. Zombies is a mixed bag; I really enjoy this mode the most, yet... I wish there was more.Remember BlOps 1? Well... this game has similar feelings attached. Sometimes, the levels are AMAZING, and sometimes, you just want to throw your controller through the screen. The Storymode is pretty ok. That's about it. The multiplayer is pretty whacky, because there are a LOT of camper spammers. Ugh. Zombies is a mixed bag; I really enjoy this mode the most, yet... I wish there was more. Plus it is MUCH harder than BlOps 1, due to finding the dang Box. Ha, that aside, I'd say a solid $20 dollar game. Too bad they want $50 for it. Expand
  32. Nov 26, 2012
    This isn't anything personal to Treyarch but its the same game as Blops 2 with a few wee tweaks to give it the appearance of being fresh. Personally I think Treyarch has the potential to make a great new game but they have to cut themselves from Activision if they are ever going to do so.
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
  34. Nov 14, 2012
    Meh... I wasn't impressed. It's the same, frustrating, yearly COD game that you all know and have played in the past. There's not much else to say really.
  35. Nov 14, 2012
    This title jumps past the previous black ops game in many ways but fell short in a few. The graphics are much better but the texture quality and overall look of the terrain still leaves a huge gap between treyarch and infinity ward whos had better looking faces facial animation and texture usage all the way back to the scene in mw2 where your scaling the icy cliff. Therefore you alwaysThis title jumps past the previous black ops game in many ways but fell short in a few. The graphics are much better but the texture quality and overall look of the terrain still leaves a huge gap between treyarch and infinity ward whos had better looking faces facial animation and texture usage all the way back to the scene in mw2 where your scaling the icy cliff. Therefore you always feel like youre playing an older cod game. Second is there custom icon.there are far fewer options in this than in the first black ops. Not to mention a lack of weapons to pick from. They greatly improved the eeapon addons however. The target scope and quick aim forgrip are a few solid examples. All the maps feel small and full of close quarters corridor fighting and with the poor spawn system thats been with all call of duty games it makes those shots from behind in an area surrounded by teamates all the more annoying. None of the maps are in my opinion memorable such as crash terminal ambush or firing range which is another downside to the entire black ops series. No maps pop out and make you crave them.

Pros-better graphics than the first black ops
    -no death streaks
    -more useful weapon attachments
    -good variation of game modes for normal core

Cons-textures and graphics look far older than okder cod titles made by infinityward
    -small gun selection
    -less icon customization options
    -no larger maps open alot of corner dodging
    -poor spawn system putting you steps away from an enemy.
  36. Nov 16, 2012
    MW3 is the easily one that should take the beating out of these two as it catered to the mindless auto aim twits. Black Ops 2 brings an actually interesting Campaign and much improved visuals. Granted some of the maps look similar to previous maps but it's a multiplayer game and why fix something that ain't broke. Sad that many people consider it a bad game instead of seeing it for whatMW3 is the easily one that should take the beating out of these two as it catered to the mindless auto aim twits. Black Ops 2 brings an actually interesting Campaign and much improved visuals. Granted some of the maps look similar to previous maps but it's a multiplayer game and why fix something that ain't broke. Sad that many people consider it a bad game instead of seeing it for what it is... an solid improvement over BO1. Simply put... anyone who gives this a 0 or 1 is not someone who's reviews are worth reading. You can't beat a game down simply because you expected something you didn't get instead of looking at the quality of what it is. Expand
  37. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, butCampaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  38. Dec 17, 2012
    Absolute drivel. I can't believe I bought into this franchise again after MW3. This is a terrible incarnation, the time to kill is pretty much instant which little to no room for maneuverability. Boring! I miss BlOPs1 and MW2. Singleplayer not played.
  39. Mar 8, 2013
    Okay when Modern Warfare 3 came out it ruined the franchise. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty I prefer Halo and Gears of War. When I got Black Ops 1 I thought it was pretty good they did a good job, the multiplayer was balanced which is what I look for in multiplayer games. So when Black Ops 2 came out I gave it the benefit of the doubt but when I played it I was more thanOkay when Modern Warfare 3 came out it ruined the franchise. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty I prefer Halo and Gears of War. When I got Black Ops 1 I thought it was pretty good they did a good job, the multiplayer was balanced which is what I look for in multiplayer games. So when Black Ops 2 came out I gave it the benefit of the doubt but when I played it I was more than disappointed. For multiplayer they took Black Ops 1 and combined it with Modern Warfare 3, that combination just doesn't work. Its like putting Fruit Loops on crap. Zombies was good but if you want a good zombie apocalypse game get ArmA II: Combined Operations for PC and download DayZ. I will make a promise to the people that watch this if they make a Black Ops 3 i will dedicate my life to destroying every copy. Expand
  40. Apr 16, 2013
    To summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It isTo summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It is sad when such franchise gets compared to Arma or Battlefield franchises, since it's the most pathetic copy paste game the developers made money on. So stop bloody buying it! Expand
  41. May 9, 2013
    Basically once again, Recycled goods? First off I'll start by explaining that I do not hate the CoD franchise in anyway, in fact I was a severe lover of the original games and of course that one particular game that set the bar for all FPS games in the future Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

CoD4 easily took at least 25 days of my life away from me, I couldn't put it down at all. The simple feeling of gaining two helicopters (7 Killstreak) in one TDM just made you feel like rambo. I remember actually being credited for my performances sometimes, back in the good old days when party chat didn't kill the social aspect of gaming. I enjoyed every mode on that game, for it's simple mechanics and challenging multiplayer.

Now though? CoD has become nothing more that constant cycle of well yes Recycling. All the new games in the series really add is more killstreak variations, new guns (some old) and new maps. It's because of this, I couldn't find any enjoyment out of reaching max prestige and consistently playing even after that. I would state the single player isn't all that bad but who really buys CoD for the single player? The only reason I've ever bought the latest installments of the franchise is due to friends wanting me to get it, so I'll sit there at the midnight release each year with my pals hoping, just hoping that the next release will hit my gamer heart so hard that I will want to grind the hell out of hitting max prestige again. Sadly none have done this, and I think I will definitely be giving the next game a miss.

I will however state that regardless of the creativity the game lacks, it's still a fun shooter. Of course it can be frustrating but what FPS isn't. It's worth getting just to shoot a few peeps, but don't expect anything special out of it. I think I will defo be sticking to Battlefield from now on.
  42. Jun 2, 2013
    I'm only giving this a 4 because of the zombies maps. The multiplayer was probably the most boring out of the whole franchise. When you were running around as menendez and were literally getting shot continuously, was just ridiculous. It was easy and it was a safe route in my opinion. I didn't like the multiplayer when it first launched and I still have issues with it. Servers are awfulI'm only giving this a 4 because of the zombies maps. The multiplayer was probably the most boring out of the whole franchise. When you were running around as menendez and were literally getting shot continuously, was just ridiculous. It was easy and it was a safe route in my opinion. I didn't like the multiplayer when it first launched and I still have issues with it. Servers are awful worst I've seen in a Call of Duty game. Graphics aren't that great, but they're not the worst. LMG's most overpowered thing ever. Maps are way too small. Connections are terrible. Hosting is a joke. Zombies maps are fine except for the one in China. that one was too confusing and dumb. I could be wrong, but my opinion. Expand
  43. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is a step up from the crap that was realesed with mw3 that game sucked balls B02 is a awesome game and it is in my top 3 call of duty games my top 3 cod games are C
    CALL OF DUTY black ops 2
    call of duty ghost
    call of duty 3

those are the gems of the call of duty series
  44. Jul 17, 2014
    The Call of Duty series needs another refresh. I very much enjoyed the convoluted spy thriller / psychological drama that was "Black Ops". I did not enjoy the mess of the story in the sequel. When the game ended, I felt like vomiting, but you can't regurgitate memories.

Despite the future setting, the game play is familiar Call of Duty. Shoot waves of enemies until you get to the check point, hide until you health returns. They even added another "follow me while I whisper" psuedo stealth mission. Every use of future gear is brief, such as climbing gloves or a wing suit, and there is little sense that any of these gadgets provide any advantage in warfare or any advantage over current tech. One weapon, a gun with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls, stands out, but you can only use it in two missions.

The game further deepens the terribleness, with "Strike Missions". These RTS missions are tacked on and unfortunately necessary to achieve the "best" ending. (Though even the best ending will make you nauseous, I assure you). I have plenty of time wasters, I want to play a game with a narrative!

The biggest disappointment is the perfunctory multiplayer. How is the multiplayer any different than the prior 5 years worth of Call of Duty multiplayer? You have new maps and some new weapons, but everything else is exactly the same. Then of course the multiplayer experience for new players is hampered by the perks system. To keep a competitive advantage, you really have to buy the game on day one and keep playing it religiously until the next release, which you have to buy on day one. For anyone picking up the game later, like me, multiplayer is unbalanced and less fun. Plus, unless you buy a map pack, the few bundled maps become old rather quickly.

The best "Black Ops 2" has going for it is the high product value. The game plays well and multiplayer can be a fun experience. Some of the scenes are also memorable, just not enough of them for what should be the pinnacle of AAA shooters.
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    This is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from myThis is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from my friend, who hated it. I hate it too. **** you Treyarch & Infinity Ward, **** you Call of Duty, **** you fan boys, **** your copy-paste style of game development. Expand
  46. Aug 15, 2013
    Before I start, I'll say this: I don't hate Call of Duty Black Ops 2, its just way too similar to the previous entries in the series. Similar enough that it basically adds little to the franchise in terms of innovation.
  47. Nov 18, 2012
    greatest shooting game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  48. Dec 3, 2012
    IT´S THE SAME GAME!!! Sorry, but its truth! The "packing" changes every year BUT it´s the same game as MW3, Black Ops 1 and MW2! The graphics are probably the worst of 2012. The braindead fanboys worships this game because it runs in 60 fps!! OHH!! Yeah, but maybe they forgot that RAGE, first person shooter developed by Id Software, runs in 60 fps and HAS OUTSTANDING GRAPHICSIT´S THE SAME GAME!!! Sorry, but its truth! The "packing" changes every year BUT it´s the same game as MW3, Black Ops 1 and MW2! The graphics are probably the worst of 2012. The braindead fanboys worships this game because it runs in 60 fps!! OHH!! Yeah, but maybe they forgot that RAGE, first person shooter developed by Id Software, runs in 60 fps and HAS OUTSTANDING GRAPHICS even being released on 2011! The campaign is good but it´s the same "kill the terrorist who wants to destroy the USA" stupid cliche as the other games, BUT in the future. The zombie mode is almost the SAME exact thing as in Black Ops 1, F%$# even the layout on the corner of the screen IS THE SAME! Multiplayer: same f$%$# thing, over and over AGAIN! People are saying "oh, pick ten is a very good system" or "this weapon is not so overpowered as the previous COD!". OH! THANK YOU Activision for your infinite generosity in trying to balance and old multiplayer mode from 2009 and sell it in 2012 for 60$! Again, same thing BUT in the future. The Strike Forces are broken and stupid because the A.I. has the same intelligence as the fanboys of the franchise. Black Ops 2 is WALLET RAPE! Activision is giving to us the bare minimum even with its producers having enough money to create an GTA VII! You know what´s enraging about that ? There are actually people out there KISSING this game´s @ss! LOL! The executives on Activision must be laughing to death about those persons. I´ll give it 0 not because the game is unplayable, but because i HATE that kind of GREEDY practice that only discourages the creativity and the hard work in the industry. Activision already had profit of 500 millions of dollars with this "new" DLC. A parasitic sucess that kills other franchises (such as Medal of Honor) and creates idiots to applaud it´s incompetence. Expand
  49. Dec 31, 2012
    This game is so lame and tired, the graphics are dated, it's just not fun any more! Maps are so small, spawns are terrible, sound effects are muddy. Now get to work making a game for the next platform! HINT: Maps need to be larger with more vertical variety (terrain or buildings), spawns need to be more varied and spread out, graphics need to have more texture and make maps withThis game is so lame and tired, the graphics are dated, it's just not fun any more! Maps are so small, spawns are terrible, sound effects are muddy. Now get to work making a game for the next platform! HINT: Maps need to be larger with more vertical variety (terrain or buildings), spawns need to be more varied and spread out, graphics need to have more texture and make maps with interesting settings that combine all aspects of terrain and construction, kick sound in when you go into a factory, etc., have things moving, hell put innocent people in that takes points off your team when you kill em, just do something better than this! Expand
  50. May 27, 2014
    Decent gameplay, graphics and shoooting mechanics. Most people complain about COD being a repetitive franchise, and I agree with that. But actually I'm reviewing BO2, not other COD games and this one was good.
  51. Feb 6, 2013
    This game is fairly standard in the CoD franchise, not my favorite one either. But the things that made the franchise popular with the general public are still here: smooth graphics, fast gun play and lots of kill-streaks (score-streaks). If you didn't like the series before, you probably still won't, and if you loved the series, this game won't let you down. Side-note: Still unsure how IThis game is fairly standard in the CoD franchise, not my favorite one either. But the things that made the franchise popular with the general public are still here: smooth graphics, fast gun play and lots of kill-streaks (score-streaks). If you didn't like the series before, you probably still won't, and if you loved the series, this game won't let you down. Side-note: Still unsure how I feel about the new layout for zombies, it is an interesting step, but it would be better with some solid instructions. Expand
  52. Nov 17, 2012
    This time around I believe Treyarch has come out of the shadows of Infinity Ward. They deserve great COD fan respect and the highest accolades ever for the well thought out fine tuning they have brought us with COD Black Ops II. It is incredibly fun to play, most especially the multiplayer. It's the best COD multiplayer experience to date and one big reason why is the refinement of theThis time around I believe Treyarch has come out of the shadows of Infinity Ward. They deserve great COD fan respect and the highest accolades ever for the well thought out fine tuning they have brought us with COD Black Ops II. It is incredibly fun to play, most especially the multiplayer. It's the best COD multiplayer experience to date and one big reason why is the refinement of the perk system and the emphasis on teamwork and it's relation to gaining xp, scoring higher, and winning matches. This makes the objective based mp games better than ever. The realistic graphics beautifully go beyond what I thought was possible for the Xbox 360 to handle. Splendid job Treyarch! Expand
  53. Mar 15, 2013
    I can see where fans are coming from in that Black Ops 2 is a rehash of other COD games, and I have to agree that the franchise needs some work and improvisation done to it. Nonetheless Black Ops 2 continues to surprise with its action-packed levels and great variety of weapons. The voice-acting is also still great and it's nice to see the continued character story-arc from BO with Woods,I can see where fans are coming from in that Black Ops 2 is a rehash of other COD games, and I have to agree that the franchise needs some work and improvisation done to it. Nonetheless Black Ops 2 continues to surprise with its action-packed levels and great variety of weapons. The voice-acting is also still great and it's nice to see the continued character story-arc from BO with Woods, Mason, Hudson etc. and now continuing with Mason's son and co. However the story isn't quite up to scratch with the few other COD's I've played and it can be a little confusing when it switches from one level in the past to another in the future and so on, yet it can be forgiven because it ties in with the main villain's life who is definitely one of the best COD has ever seen since he seeks vengeance and you really get understand his motives. Also an addition to the campaign and a change to the series is player-choices in some of the levels which affect the outcome of the game, as well as Strike Force missions which can be slightly annoying and tricky to pull off. The choices however increase the replay value and its nice to see what your actions caused at the end of the campaign. Graphics wise, it's much the same as its always been yet still attractive and gameplay is still simple. For the multiplayer, I have to say I really got stuck into this (although I have hardly played any of the other CODs) and it has great customization for weapons etc, and while I can see zombies is improved I never play it. Overall, a great COD yet with a slightly weaker story, but which it makes up for in its pulse-pounding action and addictive multiplayer. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    First good COD in years. Campaign had a great story and actually made me care. Great gameplay. All the good stuff. Only downside is strategy missions. I really didn't like controls and AI in them.
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does nothing original. The multiplayer is the same rehashed crap that it's always been, the graphics wouldn't look out of place on a PS2, the campaign is a joke, and the zombies? 8 player co-op with campaign style missions? Resistance 2 did that three years ago.
  56. Nov 19, 2012
    I haven't played the single payer campaign yet (and most people aren't buying it for single player) so I can't comment on that but my score is from what I have experienced on multiplayer and zombies. The changes to the class creation system are fantastic. The pick 10 system is genius and really lets you play how you want to. It was a bit confusing at first but I soon got to grips with it.I haven't played the single payer campaign yet (and most people aren't buying it for single player) so I can't comment on that but my score is from what I have experienced on multiplayer and zombies. The changes to the class creation system are fantastic. The pick 10 system is genius and really lets you play how you want to. It was a bit confusing at first but I soon got to grips with it. The maps have been great to play on and the whole presentation has been given a facelift. For zombies, the maps are brilliant and tranzit is amazing. If you loved the zombies on the first game then you will like this one. Overall I am very happy with the game so far and intend to put a lot of hours into both of these modes. Expand
  57. Jan 26, 2013
    While this is still a unpolished mess of a game. It's still not as bad as MW3 and I can really see the Pants-On-Head-Retarded staff at Treyarch really tried their best to make the best game they could. Too bad a good percent of the world brought the game New and gave activision money for this abomination.
  58. Mar 15, 2013
    This game is fun. Basically every criticism I've heard about it is true (i.e., doesn't innovate, is the same game as CoD4, etc., 100% linear). But it's fun. The linear CoD design has solved my biggest pet peeve from pre-1990s games: not knowing where to go next and feeling like I'm wasting my time. Before, I would just look up a walkthrough, but the objective marker just keeps meThis game is fun. Basically every criticism I've heard about it is true (i.e., doesn't innovate, is the same game as CoD4, etc., 100% linear). But it's fun. The linear CoD design has solved my biggest pet peeve from pre-1990s games: not knowing where to go next and feeling like I'm wasting my time. Before, I would just look up a walkthrough, but the objective marker just keeps me immersed in the game. Aside from the sandbox shooters, all the competitors copy CoD because it works. Also, it's a pretty, polished game with lots of spectacle.
    So why not a higher score? Because it doesn't innovate and it is more like an expansion pack to CoD4 than the 5th sequel. The new stuff (a pseudo-rts mode and a cool see-through-walls scope) is pretty minor, and I probably won't be replaying the single-player mode ever again. Also, while I really liked the revenge-driven plot of Modern Warfare 3, the plot of BlOps 2 doesn't really do anything for me. So I'd say slightly above average. Worth playing once if you like the linear FPS genre, but not something I'd stake my reputation recommending to my friends.
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    $1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in$1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in the on-coming games. Multiplayer will always be the same and I think that they took some features from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier such as some of the scopes.

Campaign and Multiplayer receive a 0.1, and the addictive Zombies gameplay brings it up to "3"
  60. Dec 17, 2013
    If there is any word I would sum up this game with it would be "over-hyped." Every single CoDfish that drools over this game are either stupid or zealous fanboys. The game itself is merely a cut-and-paste version of Black Ops and, for the most part, the entire Modern Warfare series.

First off, there's the campaign. Somehow I finally managed to work up the courage to play the damn game, since I played World At War a couple months back. I usually play games for their story and in my honest opinion, the story for this game is absolute garbage. The plot twists were horribly predictable and, despite the very few choices you actually get to make in the game, it feels like many of the crap you get put through is just scripted to happen. The plot is some B-movie story that any idiot writer in Hollow-wood could come up with. The story is so convoluted that it ends up being laughable at how poorly it was written.

The mechanics are downright awful. Like most CoD games I've played, oftentimes the enemies will hit you cheaply. I mean, you're supposed to be a damn SEAL, whose fighting reflexes are supposed to be good. Instead every melee shot requires a brief "cooldown" before you can swing again. Meanwhile, the enemy you're fighting against swings again and again in no time at all (for every one swing you get, the enemy throws *at least* two, usually resulting in a very cheap death). And don't get me started on the same stupid thing that Treyarch just loves to put in that every serious gamer absolutely despises: infinite spawners. This means that enemies will just keep coming endlessly until you're able to actually push through the area (running very low on ammo in the process), and when you pass the area, the enemies just suddenly stop. Infinite spawners are just a cheap way to keep the player "entertained" while doing more cut-and-paste AI bulls*** in the next area. At one point, I even found that a simple jump across a space to an open balcony seemed simple enough if I sprinted the gap. However, I somehow fell short every damn time until I did a regular jump across, which somehow did the trick (I mean REALLY?!?! I couldn't make the jump with a faster sprint-jump?!?! I raged so hard at this obviously-scripted point).

Multiplayer. Hate it. Cut-and-paste Modern Warfare. No skill using weapons that are already stabilized for you. That's all I have to say.

All in all, Black Ops II is a game that was overly hyped with almost no difference between Modern Warfare and Black Ops. I won't be surprised if Ghosts turns out to be more of the same cut-and-paste drivel that Treyarch calls a "much-improved sequel." Just quit lying to us and admit that your modern-era CoD games are all pretty much the same game wearing different skins. Verdict: skip it unless you're an easily-fooled, diehard CoDfish.
  61. Apr 22, 2013
    Ah, the Call of Duty franchise… What can be said about it which hasn’t been said so many times by so many people? It’s seems to be a franchise which continues to divide the waters of gamers: You either love it or hate it. There really doesn’t seem to be any middle ground on this one.
    So where do I personally stand?
    My problem with this particular FPS franchise lies very much with the
    So where do I personally stand?
    My problem with this particular FPS franchise lies very much with the developer, Treyarch, the overprotecting parents of game developers. Treyarch seems to live in constant fear of relinquishing some of their control of the game to the player, leading to one of the most scripted and linear shooter franchises on the market, at least up to this point. One notable thing about Black Ops 2 is that there are attempts from Treyarch to give more control to the player, but then it seems like they regretted their decision and pulls the players right back where they want them.
    One notable example of this is in Afghanistan where you have to stop a Russian assault with heavy armour, helicopters and infantry while on horseback. This initially seems like opening up for a bigger area with more freedom of movement and ways to take out the tanks and helicopters. However, this turns out just to be show, because in fact the whole stage isn’t as big as it would have you believe, there are really no options as to how to approach taking out the tanks and helicopters, and if you try to stray just a little bit, you are without warning killed off for going off the map.
    It seems like Treyarch tried a more open level design, but then thought better of it, making the player feel like a dog who just got a longer leash. Surprised by this it starts to run to stretch its legs only to get pulled back with a neck breaking jerk.
    Another attempt are a couple of tactical Strike Missions, which try to blend some real-time strategy into the franchise as well as giving the single player campaign a multiplayer “feel”. Now, this would have been a welcomed addition if it had been executed better than it actually is.
    The problem is twofold: First of all the strategy is extremely simplistic, leaving you with only four different squads at your command, and only being able to tell them where they to go using a quite useless overhead tactical map which I never used. You can then jump into any individual squad member and control it, whether a soldier, a gun turret, a rolling gun turret, or a small, slow walking tank. And this leads to the second problem: The AI. You get more out of just going commando on the enemy and try to do the tasks yourself, than rely on the orders given to your squads, as they will be killed off faster than a sloth on the MI5. On several occasions I have also seen squads taking the longest, and most enemy infested route possible to the destination I had set for them, resulting in them getting massacred in seconds.
    These strike missions are fortunately optional, but they are still frustrating to play.
    Other than that there really is nothing new in the single player campaign which, as usual for the franchise, is as short as ever and plays out more like a Michael Bay movie than anything else, though the cutscenes and set-pieces are as spectacular as ever.
    What really gets to me with this franchise is Treyarch’s reluctance to let go of the player’s hand. At one point you are on the side of a cliff, swinging on a line with you buddy using "high-tech gloves of the future" to stick to the side. Now, rather than actually letting the players do it on their own and actually climb around on a cliff surface, the whole thing is done with a tedious quick-time event.
    The following section which sees you gliding over mountains could have been a lot of fun, if it weren’t for the fact that it might as well have been set in a tunnel, as straying even a few meters too far from Treyarch’s very short leash will result in a restart.
    It's the same story with the "stealth". As usual you are left blindly playing "follow the leader", failure to do so results in you being discovered even if in cover.
    And that’s really my whole problem with the franchise and Black Ops 2. There are so many things which could have been so cool if you were just allowed to actually DO it.
    I like just a minimum of freedom and a minimum of control in my games and this franchise gives me neither.
    It treats the player like a little child learning how to cross a street, and never ever at any time does it let go of the player’s hand, squeezing it to a point of stopping blood circulation.
    That said, the multiplayer is still quite solid (if you liked it before) with a new league feature and other additions. The Zombies are back, but this time they are actually the most boring and quite ugly part of the game
    So other than the Strike Missions, Black Ops 2 is very much business as usual.
    If you like the franchise you won’t be disappointed, and if you like me don’t see what all the fuss is about… well, you still won’t.
  62. Jun 28, 2013
    Wow this game sucks it feels the same but slightly better graphics, no what are knifing system is completely broken, all the zombie maps are horrible, seriously 1 thing that interest me is that the gun play feels alright, and what else ummmmm that is pretty much it. Maps are very small you would get killed across the map easily. I would recommend not buying this game at all.
  63. Dec 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II has a mixture of pros and cons. It has a well thought out campaign with the all the original characters included, but the way they put the storyline into order makes the campaign a bit confusing in the first half unless you pay attention. They have added new weapons for the campaign and multiplayer, and not to mention a fully customizable load out for yourCall of Duty: Black Ops II has a mixture of pros and cons. It has a well thought out campaign with the all the original characters included, but the way they put the storyline into order makes the campaign a bit confusing in the first half unless you pay attention. They have added new weapons for the campaign and multiplayer, and not to mention a fully customizable load out for your weaponry selection.

The multiplayer is good, it does not lag as much as the original Black Ops, and it has a lot more matchmaking categories as well. They have also added a few more kill streaks and perks. Your load out selection and customization in multiplayer is available but you NEED TO PLAY the game to unlock the customization options. The only real problem I have is that in multiplayer, you will encounter situations where you are killed, BUT when you are killed sometimes in the killcam the player does not shoot you, sometime they shoot past you but yet still kill you.

The map graphics, textures, meshes, layouts, etc. are on the medium scale, they are not the best but they are good. The weapon models however are amazing they have very well done textures, etc. The sound quality is just above medium quality, the game sound better through a gaming headset.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II deserves a better feedback; it is actually an okay game. I give it an 8/10. I also give Activision and Treyarch credit for trying to make a sequel to the original, they did ok.
  64. Nov 10, 2014
    Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch.Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch. However, the DLC made the zombies experience the best yet. Far better than extinction or exo survival. There in no need to go on about multiplayer. The game is legendary and always will be which is why it still has the most players online on last gen consoles. In my opinion, it definitely should be ported to the next gen consoles. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2014
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

The campaign felt very iffy at times with confusing ways for it trying to connect with the first Black Ops. A good feature that came with the campaign though was the option to choose the weapon you wanted to go to battle with, which was a new feature that hasn't been seen in other CoD games. Now let's get to the
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

Now let's get to the multiplayer.

Good DLC, good maps, good rank system, and good semi-balanced weapons.
    The only issue with DLC was the minimal weapons added to the game. There was only one new weapon: the Peacekeeper.

I'm not going to get into Zombies, as I have not really played it that much to be able to give my full honest opinions on it.

Overall, my favorite CoD game for it's multiplayer aspect and would definitely play again if I wanted to.
  66. Nov 28, 2012
    The single player campaign was average at best, no real memorable moments and it felt extremely short.

The multiplayer is the least innovative cod in the series, but it offers some refreshing changes like the new pick 10 loadout system, scorestreaks and league play ranking, but don't expect to be blown away by it. The maps are poorly designed with head glitch spots at every corner and windows for people to camp in everywhere which makes it frustrating to run around, plus the maps are really small and tight. The guns are very balanced and every one is usable unlike Black ops 1.

They only offer one new game mode Hardpoint which is a crappy version of headquarters. Every other game is either slightly refined or not touched.

Overall an average game that will not wow you, especially if you've been playing cod for years now.
  67. Nov 13, 2012
    this game is so dull and without any atmosphere. it is probably the most terrible and unrealistic shooter i have ever played. sometimes i felt like i was in a b-movie of dolph lundgren and in some moments i expected cuck norris to come around the corner and kill all enemies with a roundhouse kick. it wouldnt had made a diffrence to the atmosphere in this piece of junk.
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    Gee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin toGee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin to something from the '80s. For shame, Treyarch. Expand
  69. Dec 29, 2012
    I am SO glad i did not pay for this game. YES! I went and instead i rent it. I AM GLAD I DID. Saved money. This game is an ABOMINATION. The Graphics are as good as a Free-To-Play Shooter on PC, they are WAY OUT-DATED, ALOT of graphical Bugs, the Campaign Story is absolutely HORRIBLE. The Gameplay is ordinary at best. Nothing fresh, nothing new. The same crap Activision tried to sell toI am SO glad i did not pay for this game. YES! I went and instead i rent it. I AM GLAD I DID. Saved money. This game is an ABOMINATION. The Graphics are as good as a Free-To-Play Shooter on PC, they are WAY OUT-DATED, ALOT of graphical Bugs, the Campaign Story is absolutely HORRIBLE. The Gameplay is ordinary at best. Nothing fresh, nothing new. The same crap Activision tried to sell to Kids each year. The Multiplayer is SO MUCH uncomplete, it's even more horrible. This game is like an Add-On Pack (Or Map Pack) for Call of Duty: Black Ops, i do not know why Treyarch are called Game Developpers, because they are horrible. Want Ideas on Good Shooter Games? Go check out Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3, Rainbow Six: Patriots (Coming in 2013) and even better... Wait for Battlefield 4. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP SOFTWARE, you've been warned. COD is NOT what it USED TO BE anymore. Expand
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does not deserve the user rating it currently has. Don't listen to the user reviews. They are simply a bunch of angry nerds (I use the term nerd loosely.) that were going to rage no matter how good the game was and haven't actually played the game. This game is very enjoyable and is certainly an improvement upon last year's MW3.
  71. Feb 18, 2013
    The first Black Ops was great, this one doesn't. Predictable campaign, lack of memorable moments, online noobtobing, zombies mode is not as fun as in Black Ops 1, unmemorable soundtrack,... Makes you think that Infinity Ward made this game. The new features such as optional missions and alternative mission incomes are the only things that makes me not rate it a 0/10.
  72. Apr 26, 2014
    Great multiplayer experience. There is a lot of cool unlockable weapons and perks when you level up that are actually worth it. Fell short on the singlepplayer, however.
  73. Jul 18, 2013
    Call of duty black ops 2 is the recent game in the series. Black ops 2 story is great for Call of duty standard's but there are problems with it. The multiplayer is better than ever with the pick 10 classes and using tokens is better than using Cod points in the original black ops. Finally the zombie mode is like the same as black ops and the modes (tranzit, gular, and survive) feel theCall of duty black ops 2 is the recent game in the series. Black ops 2 story is great for Call of duty standard's but there are problems with it. The multiplayer is better than ever with the pick 10 classes and using tokens is better than using Cod points in the original black ops. Finally the zombie mode is like the same as black ops and the modes (tranzit, gular, and survive) feel the same. Call of duty black ops 2 is great and if our a fan of the series you may enjoy it, but it doesn't beat Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare in story. Expand
  74. Mar 29, 2014
    While I absolutely hated the multiplayer and thought it was really bad, the campaign is what really stood out to me. The campaign was really good, and I mean REALLY good. The World at War/Black Ops storyline overall is really good and has a great story to it. For Black Ops II, the cutscenes were great, story was great, gameplay was OK, weapons were quite good, characters were beyond great,While I absolutely hated the multiplayer and thought it was really bad, the campaign is what really stood out to me. The campaign was really good, and I mean REALLY good. The World at War/Black Ops storyline overall is really good and has a great story to it. For Black Ops II, the cutscenes were great, story was great, gameplay was OK, weapons were quite good, characters were beyond great, and I liked how it switched off missions from the Mason/Woods era to the 2025 era at times. The campaign is unforgettable and is great like almost all of the other Call of Duty campaigns. The addition of player-choice decisions to decide which ending you'd get and what could happen mid-story is a new feature that I really liked. For instance, killing this person and then getting a story-affecting result and something that could affect the ending. Really liked that. And after the campaign has been complete, you can see Old Woods, Menendez, and Avenged Sevenfold play a new song together, with some Black Ops II characters in the audience, which was an absolutely amazing and epic spectacle to witness. The multiplayer wasn't enjoyable (almost at all), and the Zombies mode wasn't good, except for its DLC, but the campaign was very enjoyable. The multiplayer gets a 3, but the campaign gets a solid 10. So I'll give it a 6, which seems fair, sort of. I wouldn't necessarily buy Black Ops II, but rather rent it to play its amazing campaign. Expand
  75. Sep 9, 2014
    This game in multiplayer item is just awful! The game has all the same maps on both sides, the connection is poor, unbalanced life is horrible! The game comes with incomplete mandatory buy the DLCs for those who enjoy the Zombies mode which is the coolest game of this half mouth. The campaign was weak on history but legal in question you can use your own class and have alternate endings,This game in multiplayer item is just awful! The game has all the same maps on both sides, the connection is poor, unbalanced life is horrible! The game comes with incomplete mandatory buy the DLCs for those who enjoy the Zombies mode which is the coolest game of this half mouth. The campaign was weak on history but legal in question you can use your own class and have alternate endings, the rest is a bad COD Expand
  76. Nov 27, 2012
    This game tries to be Extreme, It fails & succeeds only at being extremely repetitive. Shoot Cutscene Shoot Cutscene. Call of Duty or Call of Doody either way it's the Same Ol $ H I T don't buy it flush this turd pressed to disk. I give this deuce a 2....
  77. Nov 21, 2012
    BLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially theBLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially the Afgan mission]. However, the top-down special forces missions are really not memorable and they are kinda difficult to use. Its also a little frusterating making those mission what determines if you get a good or bad ending. but whatever, its peanuts.

Mutliplayer is just the same stuff you are used to. Still tons of fun and addicting [everything feels more balanced] and kill streaks seem more reasonable. Maps arent all that great however. And the pistol as a secondary is ACTUALLY USEFUL for once. What I mean by that is just that pistols previously were decent in the campaign but always useless against players online. You always seemed really impervious to pistols and its nice to have a backup weapon that actually does damage that isnt a machine pistol.
    ZOMBIES: fun, addicting, and has a ton of eastereggs or little secrets you can unlock. The Bad? some annoying bugs, really difficult if you dont know what you are doing or what to do in Tranzit [not self explanatory]. The characters you are playing are also not memorable and have [from what it seems] less quips and lines than the previous games. They repeat the same thing over and over again to the point its noticable the first time you play it. Also, the bus idea is really cool and fun, BUT its there you can fall out of the map and die inexplicably, also, they shouldve turned collision off in the bus. Super and I mean SUPER FRIGGIN ANNOYING to have 4 people on a bus that is the size of a tin can. is it defensible? kinda yeah, but almost impossible later one due to the fact that eveyrone is getting stuck on everyone and cant shoot straight. However, long story short, its still a really fun game mode to play [PLEASE FIX THIS BY PATCHING THIS TREYARCH! :)]

Overall, its more of the same, and thats not really a bad thing. Graphics are outdated though but thats really just a minor annoyance]
  78. Nov 18, 2012
    People voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the TreyarchPeople voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the Treyarch series is always original, engrossing and addictive. If Battlefield sold as much as Call of Duty, would you hate that franchise too? My gut instinct is yes. Success brings haters. But thank god the non-trolls out number the trolls by roughly 220:50. Check the sales, compare it to the hating trolls giving it 1' and 2's. I rest my case. Expand
  79. Nov 18, 2012
    Boring game, couldn't finish it because I was falling asleep. Same game every year, same characters, very similar story, outdated graphics. The only cod I ever liked was the first Modern Warfare (cod 4). It was original at the time and a huge jump, this is literally and so blatantly a money grab it's not even funny. At least I did not waste money on this joke of a game. I can tell you thatBoring game, couldn't finish it because I was falling asleep. Same game every year, same characters, very similar story, outdated graphics. The only cod I ever liked was the first Modern Warfare (cod 4). It was original at the time and a huge jump, this is literally and so blatantly a money grab it's not even funny. At least I did not waste money on this joke of a game. I can tell you that I'm not even looking forward to any more COD in the future. Expand
  80. Nov 16, 2012
    Same COD... I am no fan boy and I have or had purchased the entire COD franchise, really after playing this intensely over the past couple of days I can honestly say I am so tired of the same graphics, there is no production really required for them to publish this over and over again. All they need to do is think of a name slap a half assed campaign in and copy the multi player over andSame COD... I am no fan boy and I have or had purchased the entire COD franchise, really after playing this intensely over the past couple of days I can honestly say I am so tired of the same graphics, there is no production really required for them to publish this over and over again. All they need to do is think of a name slap a half assed campaign in and copy the multi player over and charge another 60 bucks for it.
    I am tired of this... so tired, I thought this game might be the turning point but it seems that they just stick to the same game over and over again, slap a number on the end and advertise the **** out of the game. This will be my last COD (unless they actually go from square 1 and rebuild). Really there are other games out there being made by actual Production companies that are worth money where as this should be included in a cereal box.
  81. Nov 29, 2012
    Put simply it's a good Call of Duty game, it's fun with friends, and it's explosive. Of course it's repetitive and generic, it's "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" a sequel to a game epitomized for it's explosions and repetition. There's no point discussing a story, because in all honesty no one is going to buy Black Ops 2 for it's story, mainly because it does not have one, but because one likedPut simply it's a good Call of Duty game, it's fun with friends, and it's explosive. Of course it's repetitive and generic, it's "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" a sequel to a game epitomized for it's explosions and repetition. There's no point discussing a story, because in all honesty no one is going to buy Black Ops 2 for it's story, mainly because it does not have one, but because one liked the others games for it's stories but rather it's gameplay. However, the biggest issue with this game is oddly the gameplay, it's too normal, not enough has changed to allow growth in the game, and sadly because of that, the gameplay becomes generic, boring, and unsatisfying, because it feels like the game is almost an entire generation behind in gameplay in comparison to other games, there's no change, graphics are mediocre, AI is crap, multiplayer is very basic and predictable, players are still annoying and immature. In summary, COD: BO2 is not a shell of it's former glory, in fact it is it's former glory, key word being former. It simply is no longer fresh enough to keep up with newer fps like BF3, Halo 4, and others. Shame really, I really wanted to like this game as much I liked Black Ops Expand
  82. Mar 2, 2014
    Cliff notes for people that don't want to hear the same old "OMG COD IS THE SAME GAME EVERY YEAR WAH WAH" ****

The Good: Incredible class customization; pick 10 is the best thing to happen to COD in ages. Very fast paced compared to older CODs. Consistently high frame rate. Multiple endings in campaign is a nice change. RTS vets like myself will like the Strike Force Missions. Creating your own emblem is even better than before and far outshines MW series. Melee kills require you to be closer (thank god). Quick scoping hasn't been eliminated, but is harder than before. Also great call on creating bullet clouds to trace back to camping snipers. First zombie maps are the same old stuff, but newer ones are very exciting.

The Bad: Movement feels more..... "floaty," for lack of a better word, very different from other CODs. Maps are too SMG friendly.

Overall: Single player is a bit muddled, but definitely better than most CODs. Multiplayer feels different, but has breathed new life in what would be stagnating gameplay. It's not TOTALLY new, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Worth buying.
  83. Nov 14, 2012
    The most boring piece of **** that I've ever played. I've only played it for a few hours and I already want my money back. It's just the same crap every year.
  84. Apr 15, 2013
    This game is getting bad reviews because of tryhard nerds that don't get their swarm killstreak every game. Or people that get owned and simply can't acknowledge the fact that someone else is better than them. Let me tell you one thing. This game is fun and good time. The campaign was very good too but the multiplayer is what really shines. Its a lot of fun and the graphics are veryThis game is getting bad reviews because of tryhard nerds that don't get their swarm killstreak every game. Or people that get owned and simply can't acknowledge the fact that someone else is better than them. Let me tell you one thing. This game is fun and good time. The campaign was very good too but the multiplayer is what really shines. Its a lot of fun and the graphics are very polished. Don't forget that this game has zombies too! There is a lot of stuff you can do in this game and its just an amazing product! People say this game is repetitive but thats totally ok with this game! Its a classical shooter franchise! What were you people expecting? This game is going to be the same if you like it or not. Expand
  85. Jul 31, 2013
    Why are we have been cursed with a new 'Call of Duty' game every November now, oh that's right fanboys!

Expectations: I have absolutely no expectations from nearly an FPS games right now Scores: Graphics: 4/10 Campaign: 5/10 Sound: 0/10 Gameplay: 1/10 Multiplayer: 0/10 Final Score: 2/10 Final Verdict: I am now sick of 'Call of Duty' released every year and all the CoD fan

Scores:
    Graphics: 4/10
    Campaign: 5/10
    Sound: 0/10
    Gameplay: 1/10
    Multiplayer: 0/10
    Final Score: 2/10

Final Verdict:
    I am now sick of 'Call of Duty' released every year and all the CoD fan boys acting like it's a revolution because you can fly a jet in single player only (even though there is clearly a limit to how much you control your jet), also if I'm not mistaken flying jets and various other planes in games was pretty basic in the mid 90's anyway. The graphics are the campaign surprisingly had some depth to it, the sound quality is phenomenally bad Finally the gameplay and multiplayer are exactly the same as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's.
  86. Jan 26, 2013
    The campaign story is one of the best COD has recently offered. The one glaring (and frankly, unforgivable) flaw is with the Strike Force missions. If you are not planning on playing on the harder difficulties, they really are not that big of an issue, albeit poorly executed with respect to controls and friendly AI. On the harder settings, these become a gigantic nuisance due to theThe campaign story is one of the best COD has recently offered. The one glaring (and frankly, unforgivable) flaw is with the Strike Force missions. If you are not planning on playing on the harder difficulties, they really are not that big of an issue, albeit poorly executed with respect to controls and friendly AI. On the harder settings, these become a gigantic nuisance due to the terrible friendly AI. The multiplayer is also good, and I think I enjoy it more than the BO1. Overall, above average game that could have been great. Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2012
    I will jump to the point. This game is fun to play. That is my truest test. I knew when, after a full afternoon of playing, every time I went to set controller down I kept saying "maybe just one more round, this game was a hit. I do not condone the way this game is basically the same format COD has been promoting for years, that being said, this is the most fun COD game I have everI will jump to the point. This game is fun to play. That is my truest test. I knew when, after a full afternoon of playing, every time I went to set controller down I kept saying "maybe just one more round, this game was a hit. I do not condone the way this game is basically the same format COD has been promoting for years, that being said, this is the most fun COD game I have ever played. It feels balanced, there are tons of huge maps so you don't feel like other players are right on top of you and there are plenty of perks and gamemodes that de-emphasize camping and balance out gameplay. I love all the unlockables and I love the look and feel of the weapons. If you are going to play COD or Halo, this is the game to play. I still greatly prefer Battlefield but this is a different game with different objectives. Treyarch has surpassed Infinity Ward where it really matters...fun. ANyone can pick this up and start unleashing deathstreaks. Skilled players will be able to do much more and dominate in there own way and in their favorite modes, but this game has something for everyone and is really fun to play and I have not been able to say that since World at War or maybe the first Modern Warfare. It would be nice to expand this world into larger settings with vehicles and a cover mechanic, but this is the next step forward and will give us all plenty to do until the next gen. I am not ignoring the obvious faults and still complain like anyone at how frequently I get shot in the back or when an enemy spawns right behind me, but my complaints are few compared to the moments of joy when I scored a triple kill or defused a bomb with only seconds left on the clock. I have really only reviewed the multiplayer because that is all I play, I tried the campaign and it seemed okay, a little wonky with the collision detection on the shooting and skill didn't seem to matter much, but combined with the multiplayer and zombies, Treyarch has given us all plenty of bang for the buck. This and AC3 should be the only games you need...and Battlefield 3, let's not forget the king. Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2012
    ...I really wanted this to be good, I was hoping more black ops was my favorite COD and I wanted to get the same experience I did from black ops with black ops 2 but no, the maps are terrible, hundreds of glitches, bad sound and it takes the game forever to start without freezing. Also, many fans such as myself pre-ordered the game to obtain what they called "nuke town 2025 24/7" but no...I really wanted this to be good, I was hoping more black ops was my favorite COD and I wanted to get the same experience I did from black ops with black ops 2 but no, the maps are terrible, hundreds of glitches, bad sound and it takes the game forever to start without freezing. Also, many fans such as myself pre-ordered the game to obtain what they called "nuke town 2025 24/7" but no they cant even get that right, they lied and only put it on for 2 days but don't worry, to make it up to us they made a gamemode calles "chaos mosh pit" so we can play nuketown but in order to play it we have to play through all the other terrible maps so thanks for deceiving all your fans. treyarch get your game fixed! Expand
  89. Jun 23, 2014
    Disclaimer: I primarily play Campaign (Single Player), so that's what this review is about. Another disclaimer: though it may sound like it, I'm not into this east coast west coast thing with Battlefield, Its ridiculous, I own them both, who cares?
    This may be my favorite FPS, definitely of the last three years. I had fun, played Ghosts right after it and thought it was good, but black ops 2 is great. then, right after ghosts, i played Battlefield 4 and couldnt even get through it. The graphics are awful on the 360 in comparison, the storyline is atrocious (something apparently Dice and EA have no problem with and refuse to change), BO2 is linear and has great continuity, it flowed and was interesting, it's not perfect but pretty close to it. and as for the COD franchise I prefer my games with a Zombie Mode so the black ops crew get it right in my book.
  90. Nov 13, 2012
    :D Best Call of Duty game is Modern Warfare 1... forget everything else. They have to make their old World War games and a new Modern Warfare 1. Those games were normal Call of Duty games. You have to be superfast in their new series, kill superfast, move superfast and play in close corners. The first Call of Duty games and the first Modern Warfare were special.
  91. Dec 11, 2012
    I will start by saying I'm one of the people that doesn't partake in the annual map add-ons that Activision calls "Full Games" I still play World at War and Black Ops 1. I don't understand why a franchise that sells this much can't afford to do some real R&D and develop an excellent game through and through.

I tried playing the campaign it just had a more stale feeling to it than any of

I tried playing the campaign it just had a more stale feeling to it than any of the other CoD's I've ever played, unexciting, I played half way through before I was so bored I couldn't take anymore, I've never been too much into the Multiplayer so I can't comment on that.

The only positive side I can mention is the Zombie mode but even that's a mixed bag, on one hand it's fun and interesting, although I'd like it better if those annoying flying babies could be turned off so exploring between areas was fun and strategic, but no, your stuck in these tiny areas.

The Zombie mode now requires friends to get anywhere, running around by yourself good luck with that not as fun as BO1 and WaW Zombie modes in my opinion, hopefully there DLC will breathe more light into the Zombie mode. They really didn't innovate anything here, and those parts where you command units and tell them where to go etc, feels worthless and thrown in as a last minute attempt to be "Different" which failed miserably.

I am done with the CoD series until they seriously do some work on it, these games have become bland and stale. So I will sum it up two stars only cause the Zombie mode is kind of fun (only when you have good people to play with) but the rest of this is a add-on with the CoD name slapped onto it.

Luckily, I didn't buy this game, I borrowed from my brother and had it for a few weeks. He to was disappointed and traded it in the second he got it back from me to get Far Cry 3 (Puts this game to shame). I know there's a lot to be said with the Cod and Halo series, but at least the Halo's aren't every single year, if your not going to change anything give us a break in between at least...
  92. Nov 22, 2012
    I think there are a few fan boys rearing their heads again, 0, really ? look we all know what we were going to get here, just like the poor cousin battlefield series and its 2 min single player campaign. Pretty much what I expected really, and now people are up in arms about it, seriously !! It's a fun free for all shooter and I love the zombies all ways have, me and a few mates get onlineI think there are a few fan boys rearing their heads again, 0, really ? look we all know what we were going to get here, just like the poor cousin battlefield series and its 2 min single player campaign. Pretty much what I expected really, and now people are up in arms about it, seriously !! It's a fun free for all shooter and I love the zombies all ways have, me and a few mates get online and blast away at those zombies,we brought cod 2 just for that. Yeah more of the same....so what !! Get over yourselves and go play the Wii !! Expand
  93. Jan 25, 2013
    Wait for a price drop---The critic reviews are off by a mile (as in most cases). The single player campaign is not well written, the challenges for each stage are not available as you are playing through the stage (you need to keep track on your own). The multiplayer is its only redeeming feature, however, its nearly identical to the first black ops (which is fine)..
  94. Jun 11, 2013
    Black Ops 2 was a very good game the campaign was good but the multiplayer is fantastic the fast paced gameplay, the guns are great, the maps are very good and even the dlc is good just a fantastic game.
  95. Aug 7, 2013
    Horrible trash released every year.Alright graphics,same old boring gameplay,worst call of duty story to date, same multiplayer with new maps and guns.The only reason I'm not going to give this game a 0 is because the multiplayer kept me entertained for a couple of days
  96. Aug 9, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is a new innovated experience in the Call of Duty franchise. Black Ops 2 is set in a near future where technology has become the new war with mechs and remote controlled quad-rotors with mini-guns attached to them. The Campaign has more replayability with choices, create a class setups and challenges for unlockable equipment, perks, and weapons. Multiplayer also had a redo ofBlack Ops 2 is a new innovated experience in the Call of Duty franchise. Black Ops 2 is set in a near future where technology has become the new war with mechs and remote controlled quad-rotors with mini-guns attached to them. The Campaign has more replayability with choices, create a class setups and challenges for unlockable equipment, perks, and weapons. Multiplayer also had a redo of adding a pick 10 system to have 10 items as a class setup adding a bit of strategy and thinking to the classes which was a welcome change to me and a few others. so with all that is brought to the plate i hope other call of duty's follow this and make it better and bring call of duty to a better game than the repetitive crap we've had. this was a great game and very fun to play and made you pay attention to detail for the best endings. Expand
  97. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. my first call of duty game (that i have owned). at first i thought the campaign was to intense and disturbing i.e in the first mission you are in a jeep crash. the interior is on fire while also the driver of the jeep. i almost vomited it was so disturbing. in the second mission there is a cargo crate of dead bodies. BLECH! my cousins b-day was coming up so i gave it to him. worst mistake ive ever made. since i didnt have it, i decided to give it another try at my friends house. best. fps. EVAR! i played co-op with bots with him. i LOVED it. the following year, i got ghosts. i played it and got pretty good at cod. i decided to take on my friend. i OWNED him. he had 8 bots i had none and i STILL WON! i love CoD BLOPs 2! thx for making an amazing game Activision! Expand
  98. Jul 14, 2014
    This game is revolutionary for it features a campaign where your choices affect the story. The weapons are somewhat futuristic but more weapons which is better than having the same weapons. New perks and add ons. More zombies and zombie campaign is a nice new feature. I feel like zombies was the best thing about this game. Multiplayer was just right for me.
  99. Oct 23, 2014
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is another repetitive and uninteresting game released in the COD series, i particularly hate the futuristic theme of these newer games why not go back to World War II so you have a meaning to fight for instead of futuristic fantasy garbage. The Multiplayer is the same repetitive gameplay as prior Call of Dutys and i feel Treyach and Activision are just releasingCall of Duty Black Ops II is another repetitive and uninteresting game released in the COD series, i particularly hate the futuristic theme of these newer games why not go back to World War II so you have a meaning to fight for instead of futuristic fantasy garbage. The Multiplayer is the same repetitive gameplay as prior Call of Dutys and i feel Treyach and Activision are just releasing titles and basically scamming the COD fans with regurgitated garbage, the Zombies game mode is also just awful compared to the World of War Zombies and Black Ops 1. These new Call of Duty games just dont give me the same pleasure of the older Call of Duty's and there marketing strategy is failing and i truly believe the COD series is slowly dieing off if they dont do something drastic soon. Big Disappointment to the guys at Treyach and Activision not good enough. Expand
  100. Nov 15, 2012
    Haters gonna hate, but it's the best CoD up to date, and so it's the best Single-Player and Co-op FPS EVER. Non-linear, explosive roller-coaster with choices that matter. Too bad there is only one zombies map, but it'd be fixed obviously. Maybe has some flaws in MP but there is no competition anyway - BF3 is different game (not to mention boring sp/coop) which sucked at gunplay, and justHaters gonna hate, but it's the best CoD up to date, and so it's the best Single-Player and Co-op FPS EVER. Non-linear, explosive roller-coaster with choices that matter. Too bad there is only one zombies map, but it'd be fixed obviously. Maybe has some flaws in MP but there is no competition anyway - BF3 is different game (not to mention boring sp/coop) which sucked at gunplay, and just release MoH simply flopped. At least Activision don't want my money for free unlocks. And here we are, people whine about engine and other incompetent stuff. You know, I can imagine PC gamers whine about dated visuals, but x360 crowd with 8yo hardware? Get over yourself. Expand
  101. Mar 25, 2013
    I was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is notI was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is not about the game itself. Imagine if it's the first time you play this game. The graphics is awesome and the game runs at 60 FPS which is amazing. The multiplayer is intense and fun (in the beginning). The zombie mode is the best and very addictive. I wish Activision could release COD games every 2 or 3 years instead of 1, because people will get bored really fast. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013