4.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2087 Ratings

1. Nov 18, 2012
    Like COD 4 Modern Warfare. It's still a COD game in many ways, but some very welcome changes in the Multiplayer, Zombies and even the Campaign (a rare pleasure) make this a more enjoyable experience than past games
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    Black Ops 2 was a rather favorable game. Black Ops' campaign was a sort of short and sweet type of ordeal, while Black Ops 2's is longer and more in depth. Your actions control the outcome of the story, as do missions being failed or completed successfully. You also get to customize your loadout before each mission rather than the game just handing you weapons and expecting you to useBlack Ops 2 was a rather favorable game. Black Ops' campaign was a sort of short and sweet type of ordeal, while Black Ops 2's is longer and more in depth. Your actions control the outcome of the story, as do missions being failed or completed successfully. You also get to customize your loadout before each mission rather than the game just handing you weapons and expecting you to use them, really allowing you to tailor it to the experience in which you wish to play. Small modifiers also exist to help enhance this, such as an ability that lets your bullets do more damage, or an ability that lets you gain access to otherwise unreachable parts of the campaign that give you weapons, ammo, and other such things. There were plenty of surprises and plot twists that were much different than what I expected, and let me tell you, the campaign is hardly one where you're exclusively boots on the ground the entire time: there's plenty of interesting other experiences thrown in there, such as piloting a jet, controlling a drone, or driving a car.

Multiplayer is the main part that dragged this game's score down. Is it fun to play? Oh yeah, definitely. They brought back all the gamemodes from the original Black Ops, and even added a few, such as kill confirmed. So what's the issue? Mainly, maps and loadout customization. The maps not so much, but there definitely is some reason to complain. The maps don't have any interactable pieces with them, and something about their designs just no longer carries the magic of Black Ops' maps as well as Black Ops did. If you sit and look at some of the maps though, you get an almost deja vu feeling, because some of them seem to be based off of maps from Black Ops in design. As for the loadouts, they just aren't as fulfilling as far as customization as the original Black Ops' loadout system was. Rather than earning money from matches that may be used to buy weapons, attachments, perks, and all that other stuff, you instead now unlock them based on weapon usage and ranking up, sadly similar to the Modern Warfare series' design. Where as in Black Ops you had a main weapon, one or two attachments for it and a skin and custom crosshair, a secondary, one or two attachments for it, equipment, one or two lethal and tactical grenades, and 3 perks that may be pro or not; due to the pick ten system, you can now only have ten or less of those. You might have a primary with two attachments, 3 perks, a modifier allowing you to have two lethal grenades, two lethal grenades, and a single tactical grenade, and that's all you get; you can't have a secondary or second tactical grenade. It was a cool concept on paper, but actually playing with it, it really limits your experience. To add on to that, pro perks no longer even exist, and neither do equipment or crosshair customization. Getting your emblem and clan tag on your weapon also requires "weapon prestiges," which I can only assume means getting rid of every attachment and such for your weapon and starting over. So what happens if after you get them, you don't like that weapon any more? Oh well, all that hard work is down the drain, and you better find a new weapon to get working at to get that same stuff. Generally, the pick ten system and the whole system of customizing your loadout and weapons just does more to ruin the experience, than it does help it; the old system was much better. It's not all bad though. The emblem creator was overhauled, and the game is still fun to play regardless of the previously mentioned issues.

I haven't touched zombies yet except for a couple of minutes, but they made some radical changes that I can already tell will make things quite fun, especially with a few friends to tag along, so if you were a fan of zombies in the original Black Ops, you'll probably enjoy Black Ops 2's even more.

Overall, Treyarch took some interesting design choices that makes Black Ops 2 feel both familiar, and different. If you liked Black Ops and weren't particularly a major fan of MW3, you're more than likely to enjoy this game quite thoroughly, at least for a little while anyways.
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    Basically still CoD 4: Modern Warfare re-skinned and re-hashed again. Don't get me wrong, CoD was an amazing game but they need to stop the yearly releases and start putting in some hard work.
    I feel sorry for developers who can't compete with CoD because they can't afford to compete which in turn is terrible for us gamers in the long run, mark my words.
    The reviews give it decent
    The reviews give it decent scores, and that is because it isn't a bad game in itself if you haven't played the last ~5.
  4. Nov 22, 2012
    Singleplayer - Cant brush the arcade shooter feel (Feels like time crisis). I kill 100 people per level. Awesome. Do rate the create a class at the start of each level, and why does my offsider look like a soldier who should be marching in Mardi Gras.

Multiplayer - Too complicated, UAV overkill, over powered scorestreaks (Lightning Strike, Hellstorm), Boring guns and maps. I remember

I remember playing mw and mw2 and loving how each gun was different but fun to use, dont enjoy any of these weapons. the maps a forgettable im still to find a crash, makin, favela quality of map. Also, why are is all the cool stuff unlocked at the high levels (scar, m8, ghost.) Lag compensation is homo also. All these games were built off modern warfare's success. But none of them have ever got to that level again. Black Ops 2 is an alright game has a cool story that doesnt have the means to be given justice. I kind of want to play this story with battlefield mechanics and less mass slaughtering of the enemy.
  5. Dec 15, 2012
    (This review is purely about multi-player)+ {I had to add this note: While reading through other user reviews I noticed that many of them were written almost immediately after the game's release and are extremely subjective scores. Anyone who gives BO2 a red rating is obviously biased or trying to aim so low as to balance the overall ratings in their warped opinion. Compare the critic/user(This review is purely about multi-player)+ {I had to add this note: While reading through other user reviews I noticed that many of them were written almost immediately after the game's release and are extremely subjective scores. Anyone who gives BO2 a red rating is obviously biased or trying to aim so low as to balance the overall ratings in their warped opinion. Compare the critic/user ratings}. If you are expecting a totally different game than the previous titles, find a new series. Having said that, it is as different as can be while still maintaining the addictive fps gameplay that it is known for. The futuristic setting helped the developers out with more unique and original content. The maps are different enough to keep you from being bored. The guns have very unique styles compared to the previous releases and many of them are completely new. What is most surprising about BO2 is how balanced the weapons and equipment are. Considering that you choose your loadout from a point based system, the variations seem infinite. I have been logging in 10+ days on each COD since MW4 and can honestly say that this is the most balanced, tight, expansive one yet. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is the worst Call of Duty I have ever played, next to Modern Warfare 2.
    Call of Duty BO2 takes us into the future of 2025, which was a terrible move on the franchise. The game absolutely has no value at all, other than zombies, which is the only reason i didn't rate this POS game a 0/10. The campaign is OK , Trey-arch games are known for their campaigns. It was boring a had no significant value at all. The multi-player is the worst part of game. The new create-a-class system is horrible. It was a smart idea, at the time, until they released the stupid game. All the snipers and shotguns are overpowered and the rest of the guns are useless.
    Overall, The game is just like any other boring COD, offers a few unneeded changes to the game and just overall sucks. 2/10
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    Where to start on this one? The campaign of this game is fun with different endings depending on your choices but regardless of that it doesn't have a story that tempts you into playing the campaign for more than an hour at a time. And after you finish the campaign you'll have no desire to play it again.
    If you play games purely singleplayer then there are far superior games on the
    If you play games purely singleplayer then there are far superior games on the market.
    Zombie mode is disappointing, there isn't much variation between the maps or combat situations and it gets boring to fight off the same horde of exactly the same zombies for longer than 15 minutes.
    Multiplayer however is where this game disappoints the most.
    The maps are the worst i've encountered in any Call of Duty game, with head glitching and camping spots galore. On top of that there's not much room in the maps for flanking the enemy without getting taken out by headglitchers armed with shock charges and bouncing betty's. And since the killstreaks are now more difficult to get, people camp even more trying to get a stealth chopper in the air.
    The spawn system is horribly random, too often you will find yourself scratching your head wondering why you spawned right in front of your enemy or why you spawned at the enemies flag in the domination game mode.
    The lag compensation system however is where this game truly falls flat on it's face, this was also a problem in MW3 from time to time but it was more rare than in Black Ops 2. Way too often will you shoot a guy full of bullets only to have him turn on you and kill you almost instantly. Every Call of Duty game on console had lag compensation but in this game it's completely screwed. Activision makes hundreds of millions of dollars annually with this franchise, you'd think it wouldn't be a big effort to host dedicated servers for this game..
    The gun balance in the game also lacks, well balance.. The SMG's are the way to go, they easily overpower most if not every other weapon in the game at almost all ranges.
    And yes, it still has the Quake 4 graphics engine with some modifications..
    Combine all this and you have a very lackluster game. I can't believe Treyarch developed a game for two years only to come up with this over hyped disappointment of a video game.
    Not only that, this game does not feel like Black Ops at all, it feels like a modded Modern Warfare game. Black Ops 1 was a superior title, not only in gameplay but also when it comes to originality and general atmosphere of the game, you put up with it's flaws because it was fun to play.
    This game however, is not. Why critics give this game such a high score is beyond me, because Black Ops 2 runs the franchise further into the ground instead of giving it a breath of fresh air. Steer clear of this one people, you will lament wasting your money on this.
  8. Jan 3, 2013
    focusing mostly on the single-player: i love it. why? i think it is down to the alternative endings that are available, 3 infact and the decisions that are made throughout. but i do have to say that not much is added elsewhere. A solid purchase.
  9. May 4, 2013
    Well, where do I start. As a player of the first cod, i had loved the series and the improving gameplay. That is, till Cod MW 1. i mean, it is also great, but as the new cod games go on, the improvements had slowed down to a crawl. The new cod games keep the same gameplay, barely to nothing new, and very minor improvements. COD Black Ops has the same style of gameplay as COD MW 1, BlackWell, where do I start. As a player of the first cod, i had loved the series and the improving gameplay. That is, till Cod MW 1. i mean, it is also great, but as the new cod games go on, the improvements had slowed down to a crawl. The new cod games keep the same gameplay, barely to nothing new, and very minor improvements. COD Black Ops has the same style of gameplay as COD MW 1, Black Ops 2 is same as MW 2. The games became so lazy with the improvement job, they just paint over the last game. But even with the same stuff over and over again, then why does people just keep buying these games? Out side repeat gameplay, the story is still a little lack luster, but i like the part when COD Black Ops 2 tried to be lest liner by giving more then 1 ending. But honesty, don't buy this game. Every one smart sticks with at least MW2, because they are not really missing out on much. Expand
  10. Jan 21, 2013
    As a game by itself, Black Ops 2 is a pretty good game. However, with all the other repetitive shooters, this isn't anything new. The multiplayer is okay, but the only really redeeming feature is Zombie mode.
  11. Mar 10, 2013
    By far the worst of the Call of Duty games, Graphics are actually worse than the previous 2. My favourite is Black Ops, so i was hoping this would be great but unfortunately it went on eBay within a week of buying.
    Only thing that was a slight improvement was the Zombies Tranzit mode. But £40 just for a new zombies mode is a bit ridiculous
  12. Mar 17, 2013
    The game was decent. I was disappointing by the plot with it's obliviously short and easy ending, plus the weapons being way too powerful. Multiplayer has a poor selection of maps and no new, appealing game modes. Zombies, was decent on the other hand. I preferred the original BO in a long shot, but it's the same dog on a hot sidewalk.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4.The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4. Different guns with the same stats as the previous games. Do not buy it. if you want to spend 60 dollars in order to screw yourself, buy a really nice instead. Expand
  14. Apr 27, 2013
    To be honest, I think CoD Black ops 2 was actually great. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either; it's average. The game is good and I really liked the story line. the zombie mode has become more fun but the multiplayer however has still not changed and fixed its flaws that people like us have been complaining about since Modern warfare came out. Other than that it is OK.
  15. May 11, 2013
    The call of duty is my favoruite FPS serial.And this game brings a possibility to choose a one of the 5 ends.This isn't a best Cod,but it's very good because it brings lot of new things in CoD series,like a optional Strike Force missions,5 ways to end a game,two stories and more.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    lets be honest. The multiplayer is awful, theres to much lag, the camping is unreal, all of the call of dutys has been like this and im not looking forward to call of duty ghosts. They just suck.
  17. Jun 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a game which tries to be original but ends up being another good shooter.
    Concept: 6/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Entertainment: 8/10
    Total Score: 7/10
  18. Jun 23, 2013
    Although the story and combat is a cut,paste and save and falls short. The multiplayer is awesome and one of the best multiplayer's I've ever played and the zombie mode has advanced a lot.
  19. Jul 8, 2013
    I felt betrayed with MW3 online mode. The respawns looked random, which destroyed that feeling of tactical war we had on the previous games. The players just had to rush and kill as many opponents as they can until someone spawns behind you and kill ya. I bought Black Ops II with hope this would no longer happen. I was wrong: they made it even worse. The killing is just insane and chaotic.I felt betrayed with MW3 online mode. The respawns looked random, which destroyed that feeling of tactical war we had on the previous games. The players just had to rush and kill as many opponents as they can until someone spawns behind you and kill ya. I bought Black Ops II with hope this would no longer happen. I was wrong: they made it even worse. The killing is just insane and chaotic. Really pathetic. Expand
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    It was fairly entertaining. The Campaign was a bit dull but the Guns on Multiplayer were completely different. The guns were a bit unbalanced but the zombies was my favorite part. The thing I liked about this game was that it was nothing like the other games. Even the attachments changed. All of those people who say this game deserves a zero don't have a clue. I strongly suggest anyoneIt was fairly entertaining. The Campaign was a bit dull but the Guns on Multiplayer were completely different. The guns were a bit unbalanced but the zombies was my favorite part. The thing I liked about this game was that it was nothing like the other games. Even the attachments changed. All of those people who say this game deserves a zero don't have a clue. I strongly suggest anyone should get this. Just wait for it to go on sale :3. Expand
  21. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure.
  22. Oct 27, 2013
    Do not get this game, its the same as every other Call of duty, not a good campaign, multiplayer is very boring, no new graphics, everything is a copy and paste.
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    Would much rather play this game over ghosts. I thought this game had issues til ghost came along. Fresh breathe of air after switching discs. This cod game has a much better multiplayer unless you're a camper, then feel free to play ghosts and never come back
  24. Apr 16, 2014
    Black ops II isn't too bad. Campaign is boring, but you can still have some fun in multi player with friends, and just mess around there. The only part of this game that I really come back to is Zombies, which feels a lot more fast paced and fun compared to the other things. It isn't the best game ever, but its good if you want to play with friends.
  25. Nov 4, 2014
    wow this one of the best games EVER ignore the campagin mutiplayer is f ing awesome best thing in cod millions of levels so awesome im so happy xcited happy happy happy happy
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    An all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. TheAn all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer is so intense it will have you on the edge of your seat. The customization options are unparalleled and will be the marque online shooter experience this year. The Call of Duty series is the top selling shooter series in the entire world year after year for one very good reason: uncomplicated and thrilling multiplayer. There is absolutely no other series that offers the same level of intensity online with such a low learning curve. Team play and lone wolf tactics blend beautifully just like every Call of Duty title.

There will be many skewed reviews on Gamespot because many people don't think players should have the right to fun. Think for yourself; play Black Ops 2 and don't look back.
  27. Dec 7, 2012
    How Black Ops 2 proves Treyarch is still a B company-----Before I begin, I want to say that this is not a rant against the Call of Duty series or a love poem for the Battlefield series. In my honest opinion, they both have their good qualities and their bad qualities and are on two different scales of comparison. With that said, I feel that this newest iteration of Call of Duty really doesHow Black Ops 2 proves Treyarch is still a B company-----Before I begin, I want to say that this is not a rant against the Call of Duty series or a love poem for the Battlefield series. In my honest opinion, they both have their good qualities and their bad qualities and are on two different scales of comparison. With that said, I feel that this newest iteration of Call of Duty really does show that Treyarch still cannot turn-up the heat and become a triple A gaming company.-----Single Player: For single player I have never seen a company take so many steps backwards. Let me just state that while Black Ops 1 had an interesting story for a single player, it also had probably the worst gameplay I've seen in a single player in the longest time. Black Ops 2 more or less has the exact same experience, but with a much less interesting plot-line to follow. First of all, as said by a Bungie employee, single player is about getting the gamer into a scenario in under five minutes. This includes starting up your console, loading the game/level, and then listening through that first cutscene. Anything over five minutes is bound to cause rage and hatred. Apparently Treyarch has never head this saying though, because each level starts off with a cutscene that is literally so long, boring, and drawn out that you really just want to shoot yourself before it is over. But if you do manage to get past these ridiculous cutscenes and to the gameplay, don't expect a triple A gaming experience. Instead, you end up with a very linear path to follow, very stupid NPCs to fight, and overall you will feel like you are being dragged along on a bad theme park ride. Finally, that new mode is about the worst POS you've ever seen where a game tries oh so hard to imitate another game. It's stupid mistakes like this that show that their Single Player experience is still that of a B company.-----Multiplayer: I would like to say that I have already played too much multiplayer for this game, over 200 hours easily. I wish I could get that time back. To begin, although multiplayer now has all these new looks and bells attached to it, this is by far the least interesting/fun multiplayer to date. Basically it's Black Ops 1 with absolutely nothing new. Sure, they change the guns, the equipment, and the way you can attach stuff, but its all the same in the end with how you use stuff. But the part that gets me, and the reason I will call Treyarch again a B company, is that you can honestly tell that Treyarch has decided to put innovation before fixing problems. They have a new "Pick 10" system in play here that works fine enough, but then not everything is created equal among all the items. For instance, they still have no balanced the SMG being overpowered or there are some perks that make you wonder why anyone would ever choose that one (Hardwired being one that always comes to mind). On top of that, it's like they want the system to be more broken than ever before. But even if this new "Pick 10" system isn't balanced, I can admit that through many complaints they could eventually get things right (though the balancing I will openly admit feels like a BETA and not a final version, the errors being that obvious). However, what cannot be fixed are the other problems, such as this game having literally the worst spawn system in the entire history of FPS games. I wish I was joking, but in 1 game I was spawn killed 14 times in 3 minutes. Just for your knowledge, no, I do not suck. What does suck is that they literally will move the spawn to the **** part of the map if 1 player on the enemy team gets even close to the other side of your base. Add on top of that the fact that Treyarch has literally taken out the best part of MW3 spawn system, the "Safe Spawns" (Protects you from killstreaks if you just spawned) and it gets worse. I am not joking when I say that Treyarch should fire the guy that worked on spawns, and yes they had a guy working specifically on spawns. Finally, map design in this game is like someone thought "Hey, Nuketown worked once, let's just make 10 more versions of it and call that good." All the maps are small, and if they aren't small then they are cluttered. It's literally SMG heaven, or in other words perfect for people to use the least balanced weapon. I think I could get over all of this, but then the thing that just tops it off, the thing that I can't believe they failed to correct since it was the NUMBER 1 COMPLAINT ABOUT MW3 is still in the game. Lag / Lag Compensation is by far the worst of any game yet and 3 yellow bars means don't play.-----Zombies: Transit mode is just obnoxious. Plain and simple. I hate hearing the bus call out for players and I really hate trying to navigate the large map. But to really just explain it, Transit mode is the combination of 4 bad survival maps into one, large, bad survival map. Guys, it doesn't work. So if you ask me, the best zombies map is actually Nuketown. Go figure.-----Skip This. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    This game has really blown me away with the way that Treyarch have put in so much effort to make it better than that sorry excuse for a game Infinity Ward produced last year. The way the story entangles you in the characters is very cinematic and often plays like a movie. The Mulyplayer has been revamped and brought to a whole new level. This game is a great example of a Call of DutyThis game has really blown me away with the way that Treyarch have put in so much effort to make it better than that sorry excuse for a game Infinity Ward produced last year. The way the story entangles you in the characters is very cinematic and often plays like a movie. The Mulyplayer has been revamped and brought to a whole new level. This game is a great example of a Call of Duty sequel that is great (take notes Infinity ward because I was not impressed with MW2 or MW3). Thank you Treyarch for making the Black Ops games the best in the series. Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    Okay, here is a completely unbiased review, as I do play all of the MP first person shooters equally:

Single Player: Easily the next best one to date behind CoD4. The switching between the Cold War and 2025 is quite refreshing and adds something new to an annual franchise. Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based

Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based on a point system instead of kills, which helps encourage more team playing. (Something they've needed to fix. Lol) Maps are balanced as well, this is something Treyarc has always done better than I.W.

Zombies: Same as before, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Overall I would say this is a game worth buying brand new. Still doesn't beat CoD4 in my opinion. But it is definately 2nd best in the series and a much needed pick me up after the abortion called MW3. Don't believe all the BF3 and Halo 4 haters, this really is a good game.
  31. Dec 12, 2012
    Traded this piece in after a week. This game is horrendously unimagined. Every weapon feels like re-skinned version of something from a previous COD. Melee attack misses constantly. Constantly got shot behind hard cover. Graphics are god awful, especially the "lightning strike" score streak. Audio is poor. Maps are forgettable. Campaign story was weak, only highlight there was the array ofTraded this piece in after a week. This game is horrendously unimagined. Every weapon feels like re-skinned version of something from a previous COD. Melee attack misses constantly. Constantly got shot behind hard cover. Graphics are god awful, especially the "lightning strike" score streak. Audio is poor. Maps are forgettable. Campaign story was weak, only highlight there was the array of armaments available. Zombie maps are okay, but not nearly as amusing as the prior installment. Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    I said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like originalI said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like original Xbox. The grass doesn't move when touched causing really awkward moments when grass is coming out of your gun or through someone. The gameplay? It's.......CoD. The absolute LEAST tactical war game on the market. You can literally stand in one place and alternate triggers to kill everyone in the area via the aim snap. If you want some really intense gunplay (and a better story) check out Halo 4 or BF3. The multiplayer? Treyarch/Activision know that new guns/perks/maps =/= new features right? New features are things like the magnets in Halo 4's forge world, or (as far as Halo is concerned) having sprint be permanent. In BF3 (for Xbox) it's the advanced server browser. CoD does not add features. The last feature added was theater mode. The maps I played were boring. It seems that in the world of CoD, firefights only happen on two floors: there;s the ground or the one floor up from the ground, sometimes cleverly disguised as a hill. All of the games sounds still sound like toy guns. They have no oomph at all. The create a class perks and weapons hold nothing new. The emblem creator remains one of Treyarch's best features, and that's not even new. Every year that CoD comes out, I want to enjoy it, I want to see what those millions of players see, and every time I am heartily disappointed. People apparently just want to sprint across the battlefield and pull the trigger. No tactic, no plan, just twitch reflex. Do not mistake that for skill. Twitch/trigger and skill are very different. When characters die in 3 shots and all the maps are tiny, it's not hard to spray and pray. Deal with as many enemies on a much bigger map or when they have shields......then we'll see what's up. Anyway, I'm not here to call anyone stupid, because it's childish and pointless. I'm here to write my review of the game, and the game is poor. Poorly made, poorly written, poorly implemented. It simply saddens me that great games will receive little attention underneath the CoD giant. Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    The game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stayThe game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stay as a rental. Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    Way too many haters trying to bring down the user rating. Just look at their profiles and you'll see. Idiots like VidsRule,LoLthe Owl,Azazel1911 aand more are just tryimmg to bring the score down. Do you really think these loser haters have the $ to buy BLOPS2 on every system? Be smart not like them
  35. Nov 17, 2012
    This is the best COD since the first!!! The campaign is longer and allows replay with differents ends! The multiplayer is very comprehensive: fifteen maps and many game modes!!! A great game despite what the "anti-cod" can say!!!
  36. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a great sequel to Black Ops! Surprisingly tight campaign (something MOH games keep missing) with a great narrative, and great levels. Easily my favorite, and much better than MW3. Multiplayer is good as usual. Definitely worth the buy!
  37. Nov 14, 2012
    Campaign is ok. Multiplayer is a step up from MW3 and BO but no where as good as MW, MW2 or WAW. But its good to see its better then the last 2. Graphics are slightly better but its the same engine and the map design in this game and the last 2 have really taken a plunge. This game gets a 6
  38. Nov 14, 2012
    It's quite funny looking at people's review history and seeing them giving every Call of Duty a Zero and every Halo a Ten. If you don't like CoD, fine, just leave it to the people who do like it.

This is probably the best CoD since MW2, although I seem much worse at the MP compared to the other ones for some reason.
  39. Jan 13, 2013
    Well there doesn't seem to be a review section for the PC version of this game so I will write one here.
    I have played this game since release date. For starters as was promised to PC players Dedicated servers, a lie.
    We have the same old P2P network offered to us in MW3 and MW2. Big falling point for a PC game. Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag
    Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag is unbelievable as is evident on any weekend.
    Treyarch really lost my respect with this release but the game sells well and I guess that is all that matters to them.
    Multiplayer gets a 6/10 would have scored maybe 2 points higher if we had Dedicated Servers.

Zombies is riddled with very weird glitches, anyone travelling on the bus will know what I am talking about. A zombie 10-15 feet away on the bus can hit you, zombies can come through totally boarded up windows.
    Then there is the totally inexplicable random player glitches, like getting pulled off into the fog by an unseen force. Weapons totally disappearing amongst other glitches to numerous to mention.
    I respect they tried to incorporate new characters into the game but boy do I miss Nikolai and the boys from Black Ops.
    Zombies 5.5/10

Overall a huge disappointment. 5/10 Overall Score
    Chances of me buying any DLC's with the game as is Zero!
    Give us dedicated servers for PC, to have any chances of gaining any respect from the PC gaming community.
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. UntilI normally don't write reviews. I'll be honest. I bought it for the multiplayer and zombies. Don't care about campaign. And the multiplayer is good but the networking is making the game unplayable. Constant host migrations and drop outs. I shoot people and in the killcam it shows me standing there doing nothing. If/When they patch the networking I'll come back and raise my score. Until then it gets a 4/10 because zombies is pretty cool to play with friends. Expand
  41. Jul 20, 2013
    Complete and total garbage. Nothing but regurgitated, rehashed, bull crap from a company that does nothing more than spit out the same product year in year out and rakes in the dollars. Don't buy this crap.
  42. Nov 18, 2012
    baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i think. Expand
  43. EmX
    Sep 23, 2013
    Total Garbage-
    Total Garbage-
    This is the worst programed, most unrealistic multi-fps shooter I've ever played. There are so many issues with it, that instead of writing a 10,000 word negative review why this franchise is dead and most importantly, not worth your money, I'l just top line some of the main issues. The weapons are an absolute joke, and were obviously inspired by the fantasies of a 12 year old instead of the real world. Sniper rifles are basically auto fire, one shot kills and the most supreme weapons, followed by pistols. Light Machine guns need at least 40-50 rounds to kill an opponent in addition to having abysmal range. Nades, claymores, and other incendiary devices don't kill instantly unless a direct hit. And the fantasy continues. There are only 4 controller configurations-FOUR- that's how lazy and thoughtful the developers were creating this game. Want to run? you have to awkwardly press down your left stick and then hope to god you can run more than 5 feet with out it stopping. Hit boxes are abysmal, and really dependent on luck than skill. Bottomline, the COD franchise is a sham, that caters to dumb people who need artificial aids to game and who have no concept of quality games.
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    Lot of Halo fans on this site, huh? Oh well, carrying on, the graphic quality of the campaign was quite brutal, but with how I imagine they tried to make you have feels, somewhere in the back of your mind..or probably the fact that the empty case was still in front of you as you were playing it, its a Call of Duty video game. They're going to try and make it over-the-top as possible. NoLot of Halo fans on this site, huh? Oh well, carrying on, the graphic quality of the campaign was quite brutal, but with how I imagine they tried to make you have feels, somewhere in the back of your mind..or probably the fact that the empty case was still in front of you as you were playing it, its a Call of Duty video game. They're going to try and make it over-the-top as possible. No matter how much they want to pull their **** together and make a comprehendable story, (which btw, I believe they did a better job on the first Black Ops with), it most likely won't happen. Now I didn't pre-order this game, I walked into wal-mart around 2 in the morning with a 45 dollar gift certificate and 20 dollars. That was probably worth it...except now I'll have to wait til next paycheck to know how many corn dogs I can buy with 60 bucks...can you imagine the possibilities my bruthas?! Anyway..all in all...6 out of 10, wouldn't bang. Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a overrated product of MEDIA and hollywood like business to farm titles like crap movies, this site is part of that crap, 86 metascore is a shame.

The game have mediocre graphics, bad audio and the gameplay is the worst in the genre. Auto aim, auto heal, almost auto everything... is like a TEAM park of a fake warfare, where the **** is the gameplay? Just put a health bar and medikits on it and will boost 3 points in gameplay.

Just remember the FIRST call of duty.
  46. Dec 8, 2012
    In all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decentIn all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decent length. They tried to make a story that is interesting and I believe they succeeded. With that being said, it is still similar to past Call of Duty's. Escort this guy, snipe this guy, get to the helicopter, all just to get the set piece that every mission has. Zombies is a bit of a hit and miss. I really like what they did with the new game mode Tranzit. What that is, is a very large map where you get from area to area via a bus. You can build these little machines and things out of parts that you find. And the neat part is that the areas you go to are the survival maps. But just playing the survival maps by themselves are not very good. No Pack-A-Punch, and very limited space. These maps are small. The majority bought this game for multiplayer. And, just like Zombies, is a hit and miss. The guns are decently varied, although they really seemed to guve everything a pretty high fire rate. The maps are small, which makes them ideal for submachine guns and shotguns. The new gamemode Hardpoint is basically a King of the Hill type mode. The Pick Ten system that replaces the old Create A Class is definately an improvement. Want two primaries? You can do that. Want to run with nothing but a combat knife and a lot of perks? You can do that.
    So there's quite a bit of good and quite a bit of bad. If you haven't played Call of Duty in a few years, you might want to pick this up. If you have played every Call of Duty before this, I would suggest waiting until you can get it for $30-$40.
  47. Feb 7, 2013
    Such a disappointment! The campaign sucks and its short. The multiplayer is boring and the maps is so small you spawn next to your enemies. The zombies was confusing at first but later it just got boring after 10 rounds! Its not like Black Ops at all just a cheap copy of mw3. Waste of money.
  48. Dec 2, 2012
    I must say. I do like the Game. I Think Over All - It is one of the Best COD's. Graphics, Thumbs Up
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up New Features - Thumbs Up (The 10 Point System for MP and the RTS Element (StrikeForce) Theatre Features and Integrating YouTube But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up
    Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up

But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A High Score

MP Spawning is The Same as Always - I love when 1 sec after I spawn in I get killed by A Killer Drown or an explosive that obviously was in motion before I was spawned in there.

The Graphics is the Same Engine but looks just as good! (Still only one disc, no hi res pack!)

No dedicated servers, I never get the Migrating Host message in MOH.

Yet, I can be fair and give Black Ops 2 an 8 - for it is a good game! So is MOH Warfighter, just a different type of FPS!

Metacritic is Loosing (actually all the Reviewing Sites are starting to loose) their ability to offer a good way to check if buying a game would be a good choice. I have found going to YouTube and searching for a GamePlay video helps me a whole lot more than any none Video Supported Reviews I get.
  49. Nov 14, 2012
    From what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the oldFrom what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the old days of MW2, it got me out of call of duty. Is the game worth $60 dollars? No. Is it worth $40? Maybe. Call of Duty will never change core mechanic of the gamepad but will change map design and size. But when the price drops for pc or I can get it on sale, I may buy it. I've never had a problem with the call of duty design but the ones who don't play by the rules make it pretty dang frustrating but its not Treyarch's fault. Battlefield 3 is the same its not broken and is fun but the people who don't play by the rules make a match terrible. So don't bash a game based on same old same old. Should of rented it before you bought it. Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2012
    i stopped liking CoD after the first modern warfare. black ops 2 changes enough to make me a fan of the series again. multilayer feels like cod and wont change peoples mind on the series but the campaign and ZOMBIES is refined to near perfection.
  51. Nov 17, 2012
    That franchise is destroying the industry, stop buying it if you care about good games in the future, this cancer must be exterminated or there will be a day that all games will looks like it.
  52. Nov 13, 2012
    Please just hear me out on this, first of, people are overreacting, it's not a terrible game.

The campaign claims to be different, but really these strike force missions that would change the course of your campaign don't, cool idea but poorly executed. The campaign is still a on rails roller-coaster which I'd only recommend dor tasteless "gamers". The story is filled with plot-holes, brain-dead people won't have a problem with this, but I did.

Multi-player can be addictive, and although Treyarch actually tried to make it feel a bit fresh, it falls somewhat short. It's no doubt an improvement over previous call of duty games, perhaps the best since WaW, or Cod4, but that doesn't mean much anymore. It basically feels like cod with a new hud, slightly improved graphics, and although there's more game-modes it's not enough to make this worth $60. Zombies have so much potential, but lazy map design, and a refusal to improve, makes the zombie mode (although fun) a half assed experience. Too bad because it really has a potential to be one of the best zombie games with all the revenue and funding over the years.

The game isn't **** like the nay-sayers call it, but it's not worth it compared to all other great games, and the fact that BO2 will be a forgotten entry full with hackers next year.
  53. Mar 4, 2013
    There is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that wasThere is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that was Modern Warfare 3 but I haven't touched this game in 2 months and it does not look like I will be returning anytime soon. Expand
  54. Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able toWell, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able to get at least some satisfaction out of it. The multiplayer is actually quite good. For the first time they actually got the gun power right. Not one gun is over powered and used by everyone in the game, but instead each gun seems to be ment for a certain playing style/map. Speaking of the maps, they are by far the least innovational part of the game. I often times find myself thinking of a map from a previous COD while playing the multiplayer. (I swear to god, Hijacked is just Nuketown on a boat.) Then we have zombies. Now, I absolutely loved the zombies in the original Black ops and I must say that I am kind of disappointed with transit. It just feels like a giant cluster to me. Too complicated I guess? Then when you play on one of the four locations by itself it just feels too small. On the other hand though, the DLC's zombie map is much more enjoyable and I hope to see much more like it in the future. In my opinion, the game is definitely worth owning. I give it a 7 out of 10 Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    Looking for more innovation, something new as black ops1 did when it came out. Multiplayer functions and options are basic but the maps i think are kind of cool. One other thing.... This game made me almost hate zombies. I felt like i wasw playing a frustrating arcade game, stupid fire. Dont really know what else to say, just as a common consumer i was pretty disappointed with BO2 overallLooking for more innovation, something new as black ops1 did when it came out. Multiplayer functions and options are basic but the maps i think are kind of cool. One other thing.... This game made me almost hate zombies. I felt like i wasw playing a frustrating arcade game, stupid fire. Dont really know what else to say, just as a common consumer i was pretty disappointed with BO2 overall experience so far Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible, terrible game. -Futuristic setting is boring -Multiplayer Killstreaks are boring (and even more unbalanced than MW2) -Gun Audio is bad, MW3 was better, in fact. -Terrible Graphics -Campaign is incredibly linear and boring. This game is terrible, around the same "quality" as MOHW. is **** **** **** ****
  57. Nov 15, 2012
    I dont honestly know why people are still buying these games. After all cod game launches, commentary are all the same :been there done that blablabla. Will people ever learn? I played with my friend computer a few minute and honestly i'm glad to not have purchase this other cod "cut and paste" title.. They think by adding different perks and gadgets they will keep the franchise alive.I dont honestly know why people are still buying these games. After all cod game launches, commentary are all the same :been there done that blablabla. Will people ever learn? I played with my friend computer a few minute and honestly i'm glad to not have purchase this other cod "cut and paste" title.. They think by adding different perks and gadgets they will keep the franchise alive. But its dead since a long time ago. And they put so much money on publicity to make them sell tons of that crap over and over again . Its capitalism at its best. Pathetic! Expand
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more thanCall of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more than whatever game they like. Back to the game. The campaign is still as epic as ever and the choices you can make is a nice addition. The multiplayer is as addictive as ever and the pick 10 class is very flexible and a blast to mess with. The graphics are not bad but the engine is in need of an upgrade. I have always enjoyed the call of duty games and have bought most of them. Black ops 2 is a good game it is not halo 4 but it is still a blast to play and I recommend the game to people who play games for fun and I do not recommend the game to all the haters that want to complain about successful games. Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    Reviews are biased, gameplay videos are not. All new games that are at least somewhat popular have gameplay footage on YouTube. In terms of Call of Duty, to not come across a video of its gameplay means that you are not connected to the internet. You can't hide from COD footage. It's everywhere. If you don't know whether to buy a game, no matter what game it is, watch videos of itsReviews are biased, gameplay videos are not. All new games that are at least somewhat popular have gameplay footage on YouTube. In terms of Call of Duty, to not come across a video of its gameplay means that you are not connected to the internet. You can't hide from COD footage. It's everywhere. If you don't know whether to buy a game, no matter what game it is, watch videos of its gameplay until you are honestly convinced that you want, or do not want, to possess it. It's that simple. Expand
  60. Nov 16, 2012
    CALL OF DOODIE: CRAP OPS 2. People get suckered into spending $60 every November for the same game w/minor changes; it's too bad the COD franchise milks people for sales every year. Name a company that's gonna turn down the opportunity for multi million dollar sales every single year though. That said, it's understandable that another installment releases every single year. What I don'tCALL OF DOODIE: CRAP OPS 2. People get suckered into spending $60 every November for the same game w/minor changes; it's too bad the COD franchise milks people for sales every year. Name a company that's gonna turn down the opportunity for multi million dollar sales every single year though. That said, it's understandable that another installment releases every single year. What I don't understand is why so many people feel compelled to spend $60 on it again and again and again. I shoud point out that I'm not one of the stupid, immature peope on here who submit reviews on games just to give them undeserving scores of "0" in order to pull their score down. The "reviewers" who are doing that should be banned from Metacritic because they're just ruining the site. If games like this deserve a "0" then what the does a truly bad game deserve to get? I think this game deserves a "7." The graphics are great. The campaign is epic and the game boasts lots of multiplayer modes. Zombies is still there too. The reason I only give it a 7 is because it doesn't do anything that previously released COD games haven't already done. It's simply another $60 rehash. My recommendation to fellow gamers is to STICK WITH INFINITY WARD. They're the true creators and developers of COD. Treyarch sucks in comparison because their games are plagued with glitches and they try too hard to make their games "over the top." Also, while on the subject of comparisons, Infinity Ward's "Special Ops" is way more impressive than Treyarch's "Zombies." Modern Warfare 4 will be out in November next year so there's no good reason to waste $60 on BO2. Get Halo 4 since it's a breath of fresher air, enjoy the DLC you likely already invested in for MW3, and look forward to MW4 kicking BO2's ass in a matter of months. :) Expand
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    3 words: Same Graphics Engine. Seriously, its been forever and the graphics are run off the same engine as MW4? and they expect people to believe it took 3 years to make this? lmao get real do NOT buy this game.
  62. Nov 17, 2012
    I give it a zero for the fact that no major changes were made to the game besides the new killstreak system.There is almost no reason to buy this game other than saying you got the new COD. When in reality if you had MW3 in your collection you don't need this.
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    Disappointment. The critics are raving about this, but I guess Activision has been paying this off because this game is absolute garbage. People will buy it anyways because they are sheep.
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    I have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot moreI have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot more solid than previous installments, I have to admit the AI really messed the experience (specially on the strike missions) but other that and minor hiccups when it comes to story placement (understandable given the amount of years the game skipped forward after its predecessor) and game play inconsistencies. I have played the campaign already and for the first time in a long time I feel like I want to re-play a COD campaign again. By the time of this mini-review I have not yet play zombies, therefore my review will not include this part of the game. At 7:26 am today and after I had went through the whole campaign I jumped into multiplayer with the intention of play couple of matches and get a hint of the mode, the result ?; five more hours of shooting frenzy and red bull **** I felt very satisfied with the multiplayer mode, actually it feels refreshed when at the same time does not depart far from what the franchise made its name. Weapon design is super awesome and I really think they found the balance between our current reality and the possible technology we will be having in 2025. Somehow I felt that the game engine and mechanics shows similarities to the MW entries but of course with the Treyarch particular touch, but definitely there was an attempt to use some of the MW titles looks Expand
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started the campaign and the cut-scenes looked decent, but damn the graphics were horrible for the introductory mission! I always disliked how simple, small and fake the vehicles look in CoD games. The graphics are neat in other places but still look outdated, reminded me of Black Mesa source in mission 2. They haven't improved anything much, even with the new post futuristic setting its all terrorist this terrorist that. The multiplayer is more of the same, still remains imblalanced with bugs everywhere, and worst how Nuketown was removed and now only available in special occasions, incredibly unsatisfied. Expand
  66. Nov 13, 2012
    I have this on PC and bar a few new tweaks, guns and modes this is the SAME F##KING YEARLY BS from Activision! COD 4 was the series best game and off its back all these poor sequels have come out.

Multiplayer -Same old rehash with a dash of mw3 and rubbish looking sci-fi stuff Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause

Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN
    Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause zombies are cool.

IGN gave this a 9.3 what a f##king joke.

To sum this up dont bother if you have played a call of duty game because its same rubbish and eventually this series will be milked dry even though for a long time its been sour.

Play TF2 instead and save forking over £40 to a fat Activision ceo who is sitting on a pile of money with a crown of bullsh#t.
  67. Lap
    Nov 16, 2012
    Another year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find theAnother year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find the will to complete the game, the story makes it worth it. The real highlight of the game is the zombie mode, featuring a long innovative map which will leave you playing for hours on end trying to get everything and survive the zombie apocalypse. Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    The main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to yourThe main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to your ground, etc etc. MP, is the same as last years except new skins. Unbalanced and too easy. Biggest changes is in zombie modes but honestly that is 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3 is the same thing.

I know a lot of people say 'CoD does not suck because look how many copies they sold!' Yeah? Look at how many people watch Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore, that does not make it a good tv show now right? Okay then.
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    I gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels tooI gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels too scripted and way to short for me to really care who I let die. Zombies is fun but, just not worth 60 bucks for a good zombie experience and a short and moderate campaign. This game's better then MW3 so at least cod's heading in the right direction. Expand
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    Game is boring just like I was expecting. Went to my friends house to at least give it a try. Gameplay is boring. Graphics look exactly the same as Black Ops. Multiplayer is unbalanced. I have no clue how reviewers are saying the killstreaks are balanced. It actually seems worse than mw3. Do yourself the favor and don't buy the game. Buy Assassins Creed 3 or any game for that matter instead.
  71. Nov 27, 2012
    I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1.I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1. BO1 was original. Money/Wager system, exciting weapons, weekly assignments. All gone. And their lag comp system makes %70 of the games unplayable. Really disappointing effort, if you can call it an effort at all. Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2012
    If there were no other Call of Duty games, gamers would be raving about Black Ops II. DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO GIVES THIS GAME A score of 0. They either wanted BOII to be completely different than all previous Call of Duty games or they're just people who complain about everything in life.
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    sever not availble for the last two days cant play online at all
    weak story and the online play that i have played was a clone of the other games
    the yearly update is getting old and every year the get it for the one new thing they add but this is the last time cod. has went the way of tony hawk and gutiar hero
  75. Nov 23, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? this game is Great! Sure its not perfect but it is FAR better then the last Black Ops and almost better then MW3.... The game looks great the sound and sound effects are awesome not to mention the control is flawless. No there is nothing ground breaking about this game but they did manage to get everything wright. There are not to many games that can claimWhat is wrong with you people? this game is Great! Sure its not perfect but it is FAR better then the last Black Ops and almost better then MW3.... The game looks great the sound and sound effects are awesome not to mention the control is flawless. No there is nothing ground breaking about this game but they did manage to get everything wright. There are not to many games that can claim that. I have been playing games since Pong, that's right 30+ years exp. I say this games a HIT and a must have for any COD fan! Expand
  76. Nov 16, 2012
    The hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot ofThe hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot of internet users buy this) zombies, I'll be honest this is why I gave this a 10 because it's just too awesome this time around. Expand
  77. Nov 15, 2012
    This game really surprised me. It's so good to see that the makers didn't sit over the old formula and still work to find new ways to put people on the battlefield and still feel like it's something they didn't pass before. The campaign has a good story, with a high mature level of violence,with a very convincing storytelling that, even with all the future stuff, can make we recognize theThis game really surprised me. It's so good to see that the makers didn't sit over the old formula and still work to find new ways to put people on the battlefield and still feel like it's something they didn't pass before. The campaign has a good story, with a high mature level of violence,with a very convincing storytelling that, even with all the future stuff, can make we recognize the nature of the environment. Multiplayer rocks as always and the zombie mode is even larger than before. Enjoying every moment with friends! Expand
  78. Dec 3, 2012
    Zombie mode is alright. Campaign is boring. Multiplayer sucks. Treyarch fix the spawn system on this busted game. I'm tired of spawning right in front of the enemy team.
  79. Nov 16, 2012
    Since the first time I played MW3 I did not see anything amazing, but with BO2 it was very different.
    For me this game is awesome. The zombies are fun, multiplayer has a much better cheek, graphics really good, by far the best CoD ever made. Many people are complaining because they don't want play this franchise, they're annoyed with it. I recommend that these guys try another franchise, play the same game a lot is boring.
  80. Nov 16, 2012
    Black ops 2 tells an outstanding story and has very fun multiplayer modes. zombies is back and is better then ever and the new pick ten system in multiplayer is also very cool
  81. Nov 19, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 does everything that the earlier installments did, sure, but it does it better. The pick ten system works and gives you tough choices. Score streaks feels good and probably implemented for the more casual player that couldn't rack up enough kills to earn them in previous titles. Certain guns can feel overpowered, but will probably be balanced over time. GraphicsCall of Duty: Black Ops 2 does everything that the earlier installments did, sure, but it does it better. The pick ten system works and gives you tough choices. Score streaks feels good and probably implemented for the more casual player that couldn't rack up enough kills to earn them in previous titles. Certain guns can feel overpowered, but will probably be balanced over time. Graphics are good enough, but could be better. Zombies is a bit confusing, me and my friend fired it up and were confused of what was what. Transit is a nice little side campaign, but confusing as well. You're suppose to grab these parts to build things, but the game doesn't do a good enough job telling you what to do. I believe if the characters you play as, talked about what to do (much like Left 4 Dead), it would clear a lot up. The main issue here, is the multiplayer. Lag Compensation is back and harder than ever, it seems. In this day and age, there should be dedicated servers. As much money as Activision makes on this franchise, there could very well be dedicated servers. I have pretty good internet, but have to suffer because of it. Again, probably for the casual player who refuses to upgrade their internet, because they don't game too much (have a friend like that). If lag compensation was not apparent in this, it would make a better online experience and it would have gotten a bit higher of a score. But as it stands, it makes online a very frustrating part of the important part of the package. You want to give the gamer a 60 frame per second experience, but when lag hinders your precious 60 fps, what's the point? Next Call of Duty? get rid of lag compensation, change up the formula a bit more, as it does get a bit stale, different engine, dedicated servers. Expand
  82. Dec 10, 2012
    What is the point of a Call of Duty game? To provide incredibly fast paced fun and excitement, of course. Flash back to the start of the series - beginning with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; A gripping game that offered a look at current day wars rather than the typical World War II setting that was the trend for the gritty, realistic shooters of the time. Fast Forward back to presentWhat is the point of a Call of Duty game? To provide incredibly fast paced fun and excitement, of course. Flash back to the start of the series - beginning with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; A gripping game that offered a look at current day wars rather than the typical World War II setting that was the trend for the gritty, realistic shooters of the time. Fast Forward back to present day - We have, since the time of CoD4, seen 4 other installments in the Call of Duty franchise. And we can see that, also since CoD4, the series has progressed very little, if at all. Modern Warfare 2 and 3 are the two storyline sequels to CoD4 and they decide, expending on the gritty realism and genre defining ingenuity of their predecessor, to chuck out any ounce of innovation CoD4 had. CoD4's two sequels were less sequels and more of the same game with a little cleaner plain job. Infinity Ward has time, and time again, let it's fans down by releasing the same game over and over again. Luckily, the CoD franchise has two developers to make games for it, one of course is the aforementioned Infinity Ward, the other is Treyarch. Treyarch came into the CoD franchise with Call of Duty 3, a game that desperately attempted to emulate the feel of the two previous installments, only to fail miserable and be a waste of everyone's money. Then, after CoD4, they got a second chance with their release of World at War. WaW kept to the same WWII story that previous shooters have maintained since the early 90's but unlike those shooters it brought CoD4's new and face paced multiplayer format to the table. While the execution was not as nice as CoD4's it was still enjoyable and the story was one of the best WWII stories to date. It also added the game mode that would come to define Treyarch - Zombies. Zombies was exciting, new, and, best of all, fun. It was a game mode the Call of Duty franchise needed to keep fresh. When Treyarch did their next game, Black Ops, they kept the zombies mode and fast paced multiplayer but added a number of new game modes, re-hauled the class creation, and added combat training which gave a new way to play with friends at a party. What I am trying to say is that Treyarch, unlike Infinity Ward, actually likes to come up with new and enjoyable additions to the Call of Duty series in order to make the games more exciting and rewarding for the long time players. In the brand new installment to the series Treyarch brings their innovations to a new level, adding a new look to the series as well as new Zombie modes and options, another re-haul to the class creation system, and even more fun game modes - this time mixing them into the campaign as well. Treyarch also seems to have a much better knack for storytelling than Infinity Ward because, after CoD4, Treyarch has done nothing but ruin every ounce of promise they built into the Modern Warfare story-line. Treyarch has shown that they can still come up with interesting ways of playing with the old dog that is Call of Duty. They have tightened everything from the controls to the graphics and it all just feels a lot cleaner and more thought out. If you are a fan of Call of Duty games' multiplayer format than there is plenty for you to love in Black Ops II and the game is sure to provide you with the most entertainment from a Call of Duty game since CoD4. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2012
    Questo gioco si merita 10 altro che! Come fate a mettere 0 e adire che fa schifo x motivi come sonoro o gameplay ecc.. siete fusi?? Questo gioco e fatto benissimo! Grafica dettagliata e al passo coi tempi armi divertenti futuristiche e ben realizzate game play sempre innovativo e quasi mai noioso! Il multiplayer e fatto benissimo piu equilibrato e nn ci sono armi troppo overpower come inQuesto gioco si merita 10 altro che! Come fate a mettere 0 e adire che fa schifo x motivi come sonoro o gameplay ecc.. siete fusi?? Questo gioco e fatto benissimo! Grafica dettagliata e al passo coi tempi armi divertenti futuristiche e ben realizzate game play sempre innovativo e quasi mai noioso! Il multiplayer e fatto benissimo piu equilibrato e nn ci sono armi troppo overpower come in mw3 anche un livello 3 puo uccidere un 1 prestigio! Molto divertente e accattivante con un bel po di novita x l aumento di livello e la personalizzazioni delle classi! Compratelo e nn date ascolto a sti buffoni che mettono voti basdi! Ma cosa volete di piu??? Expand
  84. Nov 21, 2012
    Ever have the feeling of Déjà vu? well you will if you buy this game.
    They really is nothing new with Call of Duty: Black Ops II same graphics that are really outdated these days and gameplay as before.
    How long can Activision get away with chargeing full price for what should be half price or DLC?.
  85. Nov 21, 2012
    Same engine, same multiplayer, worse campaign, even zombies is repetitive. There is absolutely no upside, especially with the marvel that is Halo 4. Sorry treyarch, but its 2012, not 2007. Change it up for once.
  86. Aug 14, 2013
    A good Zombies mode which has been innovated and improved from previous Call of Duty games. This game has actually made me enjoy Zombies which is something I haven't done in World at War or Black Ops.

The campaign is the same as any other really, despite the small changes that were made it was mainly full of cut scenes. I did like the storyline to it and I liked the choices you can make which affects the outcome of the game.

The Multiplayer has been changed more so than any previous Call of Duty game. Black Ops 2 popularised Call of Duty Competitive and introduced League Play which allowed players to play competitive-type game. I like this because it takes out the frustratingly overpowered guns that you find in Public Matches. Public Matches are nearly unplayable for me now. Guns are too overpowered, the match lobbies are swarmed with snipers people going knife-only, and spawn killing can be done far to easily.
  87. Dec 2, 2012
    More of same! Just worse. Bad graphics, forgettable music, cheap grenade kills. And while I loved BO1 this story in BO2 is something only a psycho Marxist could enjoy. Multi player and Zombies are merely Ok. All in all a waste of time.
  88. Dec 5, 2012
    This is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot toThis is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot to calibrate the compensation because its a POS. What a waste of money.

Single player is a joke. Acting is laughable and missions are boring and the graphics/sound are way worse than multiplier. Action is high but over the top insane and it there is really no point to it all.

Game is now uninstalled.
  89. Dec 13, 2012
    All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

There is absolutely no fun at all. I've played MW2 and Black OPS, it's really getting worst. Wish I didn't follow my friend and loose my money for something that don't deserve it. I mean, I could have help a kickstart project with the money instead of giving it to greedy monster corp. There is no excuse for the lack of graphics quality, the small maps with no inspirations and the lack of "smooth" actions. If you're a fan of COD and keep saying "well, it always been like that" well guess what, little studio with no budget do better now. You've been kick in the nuts. Buy anything else like harry potter games or kinect games you'll have more fun. Eck ! Go outside see the light.

Don't buy that **** whatever your fan COD friend says. Don't help them make money.
  90. Dec 23, 2012
    The only thing that surprised me about this game was that it actually managed to be worse than MW3, which I thought was impossible. Other than that it really is just Black Ops 1 with new guns and maps, and a few features that are stolen from other first-person shooters. The real problem with the new CoD games is that they are making the maps so terrible. It feels like I am walking aroundThe only thing that surprised me about this game was that it actually managed to be worse than MW3, which I thought was impossible. Other than that it really is just Black Ops 1 with new guns and maps, and a few features that are stolen from other first-person shooters. The real problem with the new CoD games is that they are making the maps so terrible. It feels like I am walking around on a Mario Kart race track. Modern Warfare 2, although very unbalanced, had some of the greatest maps in gaming history, plus a great modern feel that was lost in MW3. Anyways, Black Ops 2 is not worth the money if you already own any Call of Duty games, and anyone who thinks that BO2 is "new" because it has a new setting is just falling into Activision's trap. Expand
  91. Dec 27, 2012
    I own every Call of Duty. Love all of them to.

Except this one. This isn't the Call of Duty I fell in love with in 07'.

This is crap. Pure drivel. I will be playing Modern Warfare 3 instead.
  92. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm going to be fair. You can only review in 3 different scores imo.
    Zombies: 7.510 They really screwed this one up.
    Multiplayer. 6.5/10 Same old crap with new maps, that are worse. All the bad things from BO1 mixed with MW3.
    Campaign: 4/10 Nice try, but it's still a piece of s***
  93. Jan 10, 2013
    people need to stop stayin that b-ops 2 sucks. The game is freakin awsome. From the awsome graphics, to the (in my opinion) more solid gameplay. There are some maps to be loved, even though there is a tedios one that i tend to even leave the lobby for ( cough cough, express, ) it is an extremily exeptional game that all fans of the series should enjoy. There also is one thing that i shouldpeople need to stop stayin that b-ops 2 sucks. The game is freakin awsome. From the awsome graphics, to the (in my opinion) more solid gameplay. There are some maps to be loved, even though there is a tedios one that i tend to even leave the lobby for ( cough cough, express, ) it is an extremily exeptional game that all fans of the series should enjoy. There also is one thing that i should mention abought zombies... i dindnt like it as much as i did in the first black ops. I personally am not eally a zombies fan in the first place, but the only map i really enjoyed was transit. Anyway this is a great game so get it . Expand
  94. Jan 16, 2013
    horrible game loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  95. Jan 22, 2013
    If Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the CODIf Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the COD makers are just depending too heavily on the popularity of their series that they stop catering to the community's wishes. Expand
  96. Jan 24, 2013
    Same-old, same-old from Treyarch. I couldn't play the campaign for more than 30 minutes. It was same strung-along junk. You defend a person or area for a certain amount of time until the next part of the setpiece begins. Or you shoot endless waves of enemies until you reach a magical room or area where it stops. The story itself is pretty bland and still the typical "bad guy wants toSame-old, same-old from Treyarch. I couldn't play the campaign for more than 30 minutes. It was same strung-along junk. You defend a person or area for a certain amount of time until the next part of the setpiece begins. Or you shoot endless waves of enemies until you reach a magical room or area where it stops. The story itself is pretty bland and still the typical "bad guy wants to destroy the world." Multiplayer is, as always, a bright(er) spot. Generally unchanged although the "Pick 10" system is nice for truly customizing your layout. I wish they would have kept the different scorestreaks from Modern Warfare. I can rarely get the really huge runs in order to get dogs, VTOL, etc. so it would be cool if there were the streaks that didnt reset after you die, etc. Other than that, not really worth the money. Expand
  97. Jan 28, 2013
    i must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some ofi must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some of you decisions change the story Expand
  98. Feb 9, 2013
    Activision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers noActivision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers no artistic value or educational thought, will continue to reflect badly upon the gaming world as a whole. With poorly thought out story, the same graphic engine since the fourth Call of Duty, and sub-par mechanics I feel as if Call of Duty is a black market on the face of the artistic gaming community that needs to be erased indefinitely. Expand
  99. Mar 26, 2013
    A revolutionary cod game that is overlooked by flaming fan boys of other fps games. Something you need to buy for the great campaign, and addicting multiplayer. Good job treyarch!
  100. Apr 11, 2013
    Black Ops 2 was not a phenomenal game, but it did introduce fresh ideas, campaign choices which is new to the franchise. The Multiplayer was the same as any Call of Duty a team working towards a specific objective whether it getting the most kills of planting the most bombs, the multiplayer does add a new more progressive factor to the game, the create a class, in past Call of Duty's youBlack Ops 2 was not a phenomenal game, but it did introduce fresh ideas, campaign choices which is new to the franchise. The Multiplayer was the same as any Call of Duty a team working towards a specific objective whether it getting the most kills of planting the most bombs, the multiplayer does add a new more progressive factor to the game, the create a class, in past Call of Duty's you were limited to 3 perks, 2 attachments, and 2 guns a primary and secondary. How ever in Black ops 2 they flipped it on its head, if you want to run around with just knife so be it, if you perhaps feel that a secondary is pointless and a waste of space swap it out for a grenade or maybe a new tact. grenade, or even another attachment. The multiplayer may not be the most refined but its still a great pass time to play with your friends. And Finally the zombies, the new zombies mode Tranzit is a great time with friends or with a random bunch you find online, but its sticks the same formula as Black ops, but it still feels a bit fresher with the new weapons, enemies, and modes, even though it has a lack luster crew consisting of a rag tag band of survivors. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 might not be as ground breaking as Modern Warfare (or 2) but its still a great time of fun and is owns up to its price tag. This has been a Fine Review Expand
  101. Nov 13, 2012
    Complete waste of time, even for a Call of Duty fan. The game reuses so many models and sounds from previous games, you could think it's just an expansion. In fact, it has about as much content as an expansion should. Boring, short campaign. Stale multiplayer. Repetitive zombies. Nothing new. The only good thing is being able to stream games, but you can't do that if there's no good gameComplete waste of time, even for a Call of Duty fan. The game reuses so many models and sounds from previous games, you could think it's just an expansion. In fact, it has about as much content as an expansion should. Boring, short campaign. Stale multiplayer. Repetitive zombies. Nothing new. The only good thing is being able to stream games, but you can't do that if there's no good game to stream. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013