Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.8

1. Nov 16, 2012
    The hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot ofThe hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot of internet users buy this) zombies, I'll be honest this is why I gave this a 10 because it's just too awesome this time around. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    That franchise is destroying the industry, stop buying it if you care about good games in the future, this cancer must be exterminated or there will be a day that all games will looks like it.
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    This is the best COD since the first!!! The campaign is longer and allows replay with differents ends! The multiplayer is very comprehensive: fifteen maps and many game modes!!! A great game despite what the "anti-cod" can say!!!
  4. Nov 17, 2012
    I give it a zero for the fact that no major changes were made to the game besides the new killstreak system.There is almost no reason to buy this game other than saying you got the new COD. When in reality if you had MW3 in your collection you don't need this.
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i think. Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Questo gioco si merita 10 altro che! Come fate a mettere 0 e adire che fa schifo x motivi come sonoro o gameplay ecc.. siete fusi?? Questo gioco e fatto benissimo! Grafica dettagliata e al passo coi tempi armi divertenti futuristiche e ben realizzate game play sempre innovativo e quasi mai noioso! Il multiplayer e fatto benissimo piu equilibrato e nn ci sono armi troppo overpower come inQuesto gioco si merita 10 altro che! Come fate a mettere 0 e adire che fa schifo x motivi come sonoro o gameplay ecc.. siete fusi?? Questo gioco e fatto benissimo! Grafica dettagliata e al passo coi tempi armi divertenti futuristiche e ben realizzate game play sempre innovativo e quasi mai noioso! Il multiplayer e fatto benissimo piu equilibrato e nn ci sono armi troppo overpower come in mw3 anche un livello 3 puo uccidere un 1 prestigio! Molto divertente e accattivante con un bel po di novita x l aumento di livello e la personalizzazioni delle classi! Compratelo e nn date ascolto a sti buffoni che mettono voti basdi! Ma cosa volete di piu??? Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started the campaign and the cut-scenes looked decent, but damn the graphics were horrible for the introductory mission! I always disliked how simple, small and fake the vehicles look in CoD games. The graphics are neat in other places but still look outdated, reminded me of Black Mesa source in mission 2. They haven't improved anything much, even with the new post futuristic setting its all terrorist this terrorist that. The multiplayer is more of the same, still remains imblalanced with bugs everywhere, and worst how Nuketown was removed and now only available in special occasions, incredibly unsatisfied. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    Ever have the feeling of Déjà vu? well you will if you buy this game.
    They really is nothing new with Call of Duty: Black Ops II same graphics that are really outdated these days and gameplay as before.
    How long can Activision get away with chargeing full price for what should be half price or DLC?.
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    Same engine, same multiplayer, worse campaign, even zombies is repetitive. There is absolutely no upside, especially with the marvel that is Halo 4. Sorry treyarch, but its 2012, not 2007. Change it up for once.
  10. Aug 14, 2013
    A good Zombies mode which has been innovated and improved from previous Call of Duty games. This game has actually made me enjoy Zombies which is something I haven't done in World at War or Black Ops.

The campaign is the same as any other really, despite the small changes that were made it was mainly full of cut scenes. I did like the storyline to it and I liked the choices you can make which affects the outcome of the game.

The Multiplayer has been changed more so than any previous Call of Duty game. Black Ops 2 popularised Call of Duty Competitive and introduced League Play which allowed players to play competitive-type game. I like this because it takes out the frustratingly overpowered guns that you find in Public Matches. Public Matches are nearly unplayable for me now. Guns are too overpowered, the match lobbies are swarmed with snipers people going knife-only, and spawn killing can be done far to easily.
  11. Nov 22, 2012
    I like the multiplayer, there you go I said it. Being a long time FPS player (I started with Doom 2 on the PC). I enjoy this game. It's an arcade filled shooter of pure madness, which for me is fine. The weapon unlock system... It's addictive. I'm not going to lie. I do get a kick out of unlocking loads of items.

Depth wise? The game has depth and plenty of content. Loads of different

Depth wise? The game has depth and plenty of content. Loads of different multiplayer modes. And very many different types of weapons with different play-styles. There's really nothing not to like except maybe the reason that the game is easy to play. Automatic weapons are overpowered and dominate. But I have seen skilled players dominate with other weapons such as snipers rifles also. The only downside to this product is the fact that Activision won't stop recycling the COD4 engine. I'm running this game maxed out at 180 FPS. The second issue I believe are the maps, some of them are random and make no sense. Too many buildings and corners which clutter and are confusing for the player memorize. They just don't seem that well made.

All in all good game. Worth the money? For content yes, for the fact that the game runs on the same engine as the last four or whatever installments, then no.
  12. Nov 23, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? this game is Great! Sure its not perfect but it is FAR better then the last Black Ops and almost better then MW3.... The game looks great the sound and sound effects are awesome not to mention the control is flawless. No there is nothing ground breaking about this game but they did manage to get everything wright. There are not to many games that can claimWhat is wrong with you people? this game is Great! Sure its not perfect but it is FAR better then the last Black Ops and almost better then MW3.... The game looks great the sound and sound effects are awesome not to mention the control is flawless. No there is nothing ground breaking about this game but they did manage to get everything wright. There are not to many games that can claim that. I have been playing games since Pong, that's right 30+ years exp. I say this games a HIT and a must have for any COD fan! Expand
  13. Nov 25, 2012
    Game sucks major. I figured the multiplayer wouldn't be that good, but I thought the Zombies would give it some value, nope. They tweeked something in the Zombies, it doesn't feel the same, headshots don't connect like they should, it doesn't feel right. There's to much fog in zombies, and there's this lava **** everywhere you go. It's just really lame, I don't see how anyone couldGame sucks major. I figured the multiplayer wouldn't be that good, but I thought the Zombies would give it some value, nope. They tweeked something in the Zombies, it doesn't feel the same, headshots don't connect like they should, it doesn't feel right. There's to much fog in zombies, and there's this lava **** everywhere you go. It's just really lame, I don't see how anyone could like this game. There have been some improvements in the multiplayer, the perk system is better for sure, I like the Snipers much more. The problem is as usual, the spawn system which gets worse with each game, the small cramped levels with hard to see periphrial views, to many hills, to many corners and sneak spots. The multiplayer just is the same every level, tight corners with first to get the lucky draw, depending on the variables of game connections and luck of the **** game engine draw. Game is fun for about 10 minutes, then it just feels like a badly made generic replay of previous games, trust me it's not worth the time in your life. Expand
  14. Nov 27, 2012
    I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1.I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1. BO1 was original. Money/Wager system, exciting weapons, weekly assignments. All gone. And their lag comp system makes %70 of the games unplayable. Really disappointing effort, if you can call it an effort at all. Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2012
    Zombie mode is alright. Campaign is boring. Multiplayer sucks. Treyarch fix the spawn system on this busted game. I'm tired of spawning right in front of the enemy team.
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  17. Dec 5, 2012
    This is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot toThis is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot to calibrate the compensation because its a POS. What a waste of money.

Single player is a joke. Acting is laughable and missions are boring and the graphics/sound are way worse than multiplier. Action is high but over the top insane and it there is really no point to it all.

Game is now uninstalled.
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    In all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decentIn all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decent length. They tried to make a story that is interesting and I believe they succeeded. With that being said, it is still similar to past Call of Duty's. Escort this guy, snipe this guy, get to the helicopter, all just to get the set piece that every mission has. Zombies is a bit of a hit and miss. I really like what they did with the new game mode Tranzit. What that is, is a very large map where you get from area to area via a bus. You can build these little machines and things out of parts that you find. And the neat part is that the areas you go to are the survival maps. But just playing the survival maps by themselves are not very good. No Pack-A-Punch, and very limited space. These maps are small. The majority bought this game for multiplayer. And, just like Zombies, is a hit and miss. The guns are decently varied, although they really seemed to guve everything a pretty high fire rate. The maps are small, which makes them ideal for submachine guns and shotguns. The new gamemode Hardpoint is basically a King of the Hill type mode. The Pick Ten system that replaces the old Create A Class is definately an improvement. Want two primaries? You can do that. Want to run with nothing but a combat knife and a lot of perks? You can do that.
    So there's quite a bit of good and quite a bit of bad. If you haven't played Call of Duty in a few years, you might want to pick this up. If you have played every Call of Duty before this, I would suggest waiting until you can get it for $30-$40.
  19. Dec 10, 2012
    What is the point of a Call of Duty game? To provide incredibly fast paced fun and excitement, of course. Flash back to the start of the series - beginning with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; A gripping game that offered a look at current day wars rather than the typical World War II setting that was the trend for the gritty, realistic shooters of the time. Fast Forward back to presentWhat is the point of a Call of Duty game? To provide incredibly fast paced fun and excitement, of course. Flash back to the start of the series - beginning with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; A gripping game that offered a look at current day wars rather than the typical World War II setting that was the trend for the gritty, realistic shooters of the time. Fast Forward back to present day - We have, since the time of CoD4, seen 4 other installments in the Call of Duty franchise. And we can see that, also since CoD4, the series has progressed very little, if at all. Modern Warfare 2 and 3 are the two storyline sequels to CoD4 and they decide, expending on the gritty realism and genre defining ingenuity of their predecessor, to chuck out any ounce of innovation CoD4 had. CoD4's two sequels were less sequels and more of the same game with a little cleaner plain job. Infinity Ward has time, and time again, let it's fans down by releasing the same game over and over again. Luckily, the CoD franchise has two developers to make games for it, one of course is the aforementioned Infinity Ward, the other is Treyarch. Treyarch came into the CoD franchise with Call of Duty 3, a game that desperately attempted to emulate the feel of the two previous installments, only to fail miserable and be a waste of everyone's money. Then, after CoD4, they got a second chance with their release of World at War. WaW kept to the same WWII story that previous shooters have maintained since the early 90's but unlike those shooters it brought CoD4's new and face paced multiplayer format to the table. While the execution was not as nice as CoD4's it was still enjoyable and the story was one of the best WWII stories to date. It also added the game mode that would come to define Treyarch - Zombies. Zombies was exciting, new, and, best of all, fun. It was a game mode the Call of Duty franchise needed to keep fresh. When Treyarch did their next game, Black Ops, they kept the zombies mode and fast paced multiplayer but added a number of new game modes, re-hauled the class creation, and added combat training which gave a new way to play with friends at a party. What I am trying to say is that Treyarch, unlike Infinity Ward, actually likes to come up with new and enjoyable additions to the Call of Duty series in order to make the games more exciting and rewarding for the long time players. In the brand new installment to the series Treyarch brings their innovations to a new level, adding a new look to the series as well as new Zombie modes and options, another re-haul to the class creation system, and even more fun game modes - this time mixing them into the campaign as well. Treyarch also seems to have a much better knack for storytelling than Infinity Ward because, after CoD4, Treyarch has done nothing but ruin every ounce of promise they built into the Modern Warfare story-line. Treyarch has shown that they can still come up with interesting ways of playing with the old dog that is Call of Duty. They have tightened everything from the controls to the graphics and it all just feels a lot cleaner and more thought out. If you are a fan of Call of Duty games' multiplayer format than there is plenty for you to love in Black Ops II and the game is sure to provide you with the most entertainment from a Call of Duty game since CoD4. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2012
    All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

There is absolutely no fun at all. I've played MW2 and Black OPS, it's really getting worst. Wish I didn't follow my friend and loose my money for something that don't deserve it. I mean, I could have help a kickstart project with the money instead of giving it to greedy monster corp. There is no excuse for the lack of graphics quality, the small maps with no inspirations and the lack of "smooth" actions. If you're a fan of COD and keep saying "well, it always been like that" well guess what, little studio with no budget do better now. You've been kick in the nuts. Buy anything else like harry potter games or kinect games you'll have more fun. Eck ! Go outside see the light.

Don't buy that **** whatever your fan COD friend says. Don't help them make money.
  21. Dec 23, 2012
    The only thing that surprised me about this game was that it actually managed to be worse than MW3, which I thought was impossible. Other than that it really is just Black Ops 1 with new guns and maps, and a few features that are stolen from other first-person shooters. The real problem with the new CoD games is that they are making the maps so terrible. It feels like I am walking aroundThe only thing that surprised me about this game was that it actually managed to be worse than MW3, which I thought was impossible. Other than that it really is just Black Ops 1 with new guns and maps, and a few features that are stolen from other first-person shooters. The real problem with the new CoD games is that they are making the maps so terrible. It feels like I am walking around on a Mario Kart race track. Modern Warfare 2, although very unbalanced, had some of the greatest maps in gaming history, plus a great modern feel that was lost in MW3. Anyways, Black Ops 2 is not worth the money if you already own any Call of Duty games, and anyone who thinks that BO2 is "new" because it has a new setting is just falling into Activision's trap. Expand
  22. Dec 27, 2012
    I own every Call of Duty. Love all of them to.

Except this one. This isn't the Call of Duty I fell in love with in 07'.

This is crap. Pure drivel. I will be playing Modern Warfare 3 instead.
  23. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm going to be fair. You can only review in 3 different scores imo.
    Zombies: 7.510 They really screwed this one up.
    Multiplayer. 6.5/10 Same old crap with new maps, that are worse. All the bad things from BO1 mixed with MW3.
    Campaign: 4/10 Nice try, but it's still a piece of s***
  24. Jan 10, 2013
    people need to stop stayin that b-ops 2 sucks. The game is freakin awsome. From the awsome graphics, to the (in my opinion) more solid gameplay. There are some maps to be loved, even though there is a tedios one that i tend to even leave the lobby for ( cough cough, express, ) it is an extremily exeptional game that all fans of the series should enjoy. There also is one thing that i shouldpeople need to stop stayin that b-ops 2 sucks. The game is freakin awsome. From the awsome graphics, to the (in my opinion) more solid gameplay. There are some maps to be loved, even though there is a tedios one that i tend to even leave the lobby for ( cough cough, express, ) it is an extremily exeptional game that all fans of the series should enjoy. There also is one thing that i should mention abought zombies... i dindnt like it as much as i did in the first black ops. I personally am not eally a zombies fan in the first place, but the only map i really enjoyed was transit. Anyway this is a great game so get it . Expand
  25. Jan 13, 2013
    Well there doesn't seem to be a review section for the PC version of this game so I will write one here.
    I have played this game since release date. For starters as was promised to PC players Dedicated servers, a lie.
    We have the same old P2P network offered to us in MW3 and MW2. Big falling point for a PC game. Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag
    Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag is unbelievable as is evident on any weekend.
    Treyarch really lost my respect with this release but the game sells well and I guess that is all that matters to them.
    Multiplayer gets a 6/10 would have scored maybe 2 points higher if we had Dedicated Servers.

Zombies is riddled with very weird glitches, anyone travelling on the bus will know what I am talking about. A zombie 10-15 feet away on the bus can hit you, zombies can come through totally boarded up windows.
    Then there is the totally inexplicable random player glitches, like getting pulled off into the fog by an unseen force. Weapons totally disappearing amongst other glitches to numerous to mention.
    I respect they tried to incorporate new characters into the game but boy do I miss Nikolai and the boys from Black Ops.
    Zombies 5.5/10

Overall a huge disappointment. 5/10 Overall Score
    Chances of me buying any DLC's with the game as is Zero!
    Give us dedicated servers for PC, to have any chances of gaining any respect from the PC gaming community.
  26. Jan 16, 2013
    horrible game loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  27. Jan 22, 2013
    If Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the CODIf Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the COD makers are just depending too heavily on the popularity of their series that they stop catering to the community's wishes. Expand
  28. Jan 24, 2013
    Same-old, same-old from Treyarch. I couldn't play the campaign for more than 30 minutes. It was same strung-along junk. You defend a person or area for a certain amount of time until the next part of the setpiece begins. Or you shoot endless waves of enemies until you reach a magical room or area where it stops. The story itself is pretty bland and still the typical "bad guy wants toSame-old, same-old from Treyarch. I couldn't play the campaign for more than 30 minutes. It was same strung-along junk. You defend a person or area for a certain amount of time until the next part of the setpiece begins. Or you shoot endless waves of enemies until you reach a magical room or area where it stops. The story itself is pretty bland and still the typical "bad guy wants to destroy the world." Multiplayer is, as always, a bright(er) spot. Generally unchanged although the "Pick 10" system is nice for truly customizing your layout. I wish they would have kept the different scorestreaks from Modern Warfare. I can rarely get the really huge runs in order to get dogs, VTOL, etc. so it would be cool if there were the streaks that didnt reset after you die, etc. Other than that, not really worth the money. Expand
  29. Jan 28, 2013
    i must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some ofi must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some of you decisions change the story Expand
  30. Feb 7, 2013
    Such a disappointment! The campaign sucks and its short. The multiplayer is boring and the maps is so small you spawn next to your enemies. The zombies was confusing at first but later it just got boring after 10 rounds! Its not like Black Ops at all just a cheap copy of mw3. Waste of money.
  31. Feb 9, 2013
    Activision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers noActivision has road this horse into the ground, hired a necromancer, brought said horse back from the dead, and then put said horse down with a double barreled shotgun. To me, video games is an art form; an art form that the video game community is still trying to perfect. When the constant success of poorly designed games such as the Call of Duty franchise, whom of witch offers no artistic value or educational thought, will continue to reflect badly upon the gaming world as a whole. With poorly thought out story, the same graphic engine since the fourth Call of Duty, and sub-par mechanics I feel as if Call of Duty is a black market on the face of the artistic gaming community that needs to be erased indefinitely. Expand
  32. Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able toWell, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able to get at least some satisfaction out of it. The multiplayer is actually quite good. For the first time they actually got the gun power right. Not one gun is over powered and used by everyone in the game, but instead each gun seems to be ment for a certain playing style/map. Speaking of the maps, they are by far the least innovational part of the game. I often times find myself thinking of a map from a previous COD while playing the multiplayer. (I swear to god, Hijacked is just Nuketown on a boat.) Then we have zombies. Now, I absolutely loved the zombies in the original Black ops and I must say that I am kind of disappointed with transit. It just feels like a giant cluster to me. Too complicated I guess? Then when you play on one of the four locations by itself it just feels too small. On the other hand though, the DLC's zombie map is much more enjoyable and I hope to see much more like it in the future. In my opinion, the game is definitely worth owning. I give it a 7 out of 10 Expand
  33. Mar 4, 2013
    There is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that wasThere is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that was Modern Warfare 3 but I haven't touched this game in 2 months and it does not look like I will be returning anytime soon. Expand
  34. Mar 26, 2013
    A revolutionary cod game that is overlooked by flaming fan boys of other fps games. Something you need to buy for the great campaign, and addicting multiplayer. Good job treyarch!
  35. Apr 11, 2013
    Black Ops 2 was not a phenomenal game, but it did introduce fresh ideas, campaign choices which is new to the franchise. The Multiplayer was the same as any Call of Duty a team working towards a specific objective whether it getting the most kills of planting the most bombs, the multiplayer does add a new more progressive factor to the game, the create a class, in past Call of Duty's youBlack Ops 2 was not a phenomenal game, but it did introduce fresh ideas, campaign choices which is new to the franchise. The Multiplayer was the same as any Call of Duty a team working towards a specific objective whether it getting the most kills of planting the most bombs, the multiplayer does add a new more progressive factor to the game, the create a class, in past Call of Duty's you were limited to 3 perks, 2 attachments, and 2 guns a primary and secondary. How ever in Black ops 2 they flipped it on its head, if you want to run around with just knife so be it, if you perhaps feel that a secondary is pointless and a waste of space swap it out for a grenade or maybe a new tact. grenade, or even another attachment. The multiplayer may not be the most refined but its still a great pass time to play with your friends. And Finally the zombies, the new zombies mode Tranzit is a great time with friends or with a random bunch you find online, but its sticks the same formula as Black ops, but it still feels a bit fresher with the new weapons, enemies, and modes, even though it has a lack luster crew consisting of a rag tag band of survivors. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 might not be as ground breaking as Modern Warfare (or 2) but its still a great time of fun and is owns up to its price tag. This has been a Fine Review Expand
  36. Apr 12, 2013
    After playing multiplayer for a few months, I can honestly say this game is broken. The spawning system is so F'd up it's not even funny, enemies will literally spawn behind you and kill you once re spawned. The only map with legit spawning is hydro(dlc) cause there's literally two spawn points. There are also so many times where I shoot someone first and get killed, and people willAfter playing multiplayer for a few months, I can honestly say this game is broken. The spawning system is so F'd up it's not even funny, enemies will literally spawn behind you and kill you once re spawned. The only map with legit spawning is hydro(dlc) cause there's literally two spawn points. There are also so many times where I shoot someone first and get killed, and people will literally be aiming at my legs and when I shoot them; their flinch makes their gun jump up for a head shot. WTF cod!? This is a game where pistols are more reliable than AR's, people run around with snipers quickscoping. Man 80% of all my deaths are getting killed from behind, or people that I didn't see. The only good thing is the pick 10 system. It's playable, but definitely over-hyped for what it is. Expand
  37. May 2, 2013
    black ops is fit for buying purpose and deserves the rating it gets. the graphics are excellent and when you play it has a smooth game play. this game is very very popular and well known.
  38. May 10, 2013
    This game is is one of those games that you constantly hear is terrible then when you actually decide to play it your blown away this is one of the better online experiences and with everyone complaining about it being unbalanced yet these guys will go ahead and play mw2 don't miss this game if the price is right its fun with friends and good by your-self
  39. Jun 17, 2013
    When it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affectsWhen it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affects the outcome of the game it was really great. I felt that the single-player was the best of all the Call of Duty's to-date, just surpassing Black Ops 1's single-player. The zombies mode felt like it was done before and better at that, but that's not saying there isn't any fun to be had here, quite the opposite actually. The implementation of easter eggs in a desirable achievement wrapping makes it all the more fun when you're plowing through hundreds of zombies with your friends. The Tranzit map was definitely blown way out of proportion at E3 and what not, saying that a bus drives you all over an entire country-side to randomized locations and a huge open-world sandbox. All of that wasn't true. It was a set course that drives you from one location after the other, and I believe there are five of them. All in the same order. Anyways, about the multiplayer. I felt that it was one of the best multiplayers of all the CoD's, but I felt that they definitely took big missteps in their marketing strategies and the actual quality of the DLC maps. All of the DLC maps except a few are literally HORRIBLE. No innovation or even attraction in any way and the strategic placement of the objects is basically non existent. Anyways, this is one of the best CoD's to date and I think that if you enjoyed MW2 and/or MW3 than you will enjoy this one. Expand
  40. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is not all that it's fanboys crack it up to be. At least, by my opinion. When I play Multiplayer on this, which I rarely do choosingly, I find myself used to these repetitive maps and people who play way too much and are pros such as the quickscopers, the campers, and the try-hards. I can't compete with these people, which ruins the fun of the game. The matchmaking system doesn't pay attention that Rank 1 people are going up against Prestige Masters who know every corner in every map and every weapon of the game and know how to kick your butt! I mean, the new players shouldn't have to get frustrated with these people, They should be against other new players! The story itself doesn't add much good to the game either. Its cliched "hacking America" plot with bad voice acting and the addition of some stupid Strike Force mode was a little bit too much for a recreational player to handle. And this game begs you to become an angry violent person. I've seen the worst come out of my closest friends because of this game, and it just sucks. My brother now has some pretty bad anger issues because of this game! I don't want this to happen to you! Not just the anger but the game itself. Don't buy this game unless you want to rant on it too. Expand
  41. Jul 1, 2013
    Okay, obviously this review is late and will probably be pointless by now, but here is my opinion on the entire game. Now, take note I have reached Prestige Master in Multiplayer and have beaten the story.

Now, Black Ops 2 is certainly a change of scene within the Call of Duty universe, the story while not the best or even the most interesting will keep you fixated on your screen on the few hours it takes to beat due to the many amount of endings that could happen due to YOUR choices. Now, this was a great thing to add and I personally felt this gave the singleplayer a bit more replay value.

Multiplayer: Well, after almost a year of playing and hitting Prestige Master (vMerqz, xbox360), here is my view, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 contains (personally) the most balanced Call of Duty experience to date, any problems I have had in the past have been fixed with the Treyarch hotfix patches that generally come out every week or two, it has gotten to the point that I am fully satisfied with what I bought. The multiplayer has a ton of replay value due to the many things you could unlock differently every prestige, however this might get boring to the general gamer and might leave you irritated considering how long it takes to get from 1 to 55.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies.. come a long way from World at War, running on the multiplayer engine, yet it lacks what I'd call anything interesting, however, if you're willing to fork out $15 and buy some of the recently released DLC which includes new Zombies maps, you will find that these are far more better than those released with the game and you might have a more enjoyable experience that way.
  42. Jul 2, 2013
    Very well balanced. Guns, perks and equipment contain no single item that every pro player uses; in fact, you'll be surprised to find more variety amongst the best players than the mediocre. Multiplayer is more enjoyable than ever.
    The campaign, however, isn't really anything special. The choice matters, but gameplay remains the same as ever.
    Zombies is also an improved mode over Black
    Zombies is also an improved mode over Black Ops; both graphically and in gameplay. Secrets and easter eggs will keeps fans of the mode coming back over and over.
  43. Jul 15, 2013
    Boring, Horrible Graphics, Repetitive Multiplayer, Same old weapons.
    The only good thing I can say about Treyarch is at least they tried. The 10 point system probably looked amazing on paper and would revolutionise the stagnant multiplayer but it actually ended up making no difference. 1 in 100 players rarely run around with a Pistol and most of the perks.
    The campaign I have
    Boring, Horrible Graphics, Repetitive Multiplayer, Same old weapons.

The campaign I have completely forgotten about it was so horrible. The graphics, oh my god the graphics.. I though this was the 21st century and that this game was a AAA title? Grainy and Dirty are the words that spring to mind. Using the same engine over and over again.

Zombies. Ah zombies, the game mode that was so much fun and showed promise for treyarchs side of the franchise. Ruined AGAIN! Treyarch inject so many "Easter Eggs" into zombies they shouldn't even be called that any more, just part of the game. Their efforts to add a story to zombies has took a downfall in terms of effecting the gameplay. The DLC. Here have a new gun camo to show to your friends that you can afford it. Here have a new gun for zombies that isn't actually any different, it just lights up, fires different bullets and looks better.

No, No, No, No, No! Horrible games, each year treyarch disappoint and I don't think i'll ever entrust my money to them again.
  44. Aug 8, 2013
    I was a big Modern Warfare and World at War fan but ever since then Call Of Duty hasnt improved and Black Ops 2 is the worst Call Of Duty, Here are the reasons why :

1. The Maps are boring and have no replay-ability. 2. The gameplay of the multiplayer is dreadful and there is too much LAG when playing online. 3. The whole game feels lazy and boring. 4.Nobody talks on the mic anymore,

1. The Maps are boring and have no replay-ability.
    3. The whole game feels lazy and boring.
    4.Nobody talks on the mic anymore, only 10 year olds shouting and swearing.
    5. The game is made for kids now..
    6. It is not made for hardcore games or even mature gamers.
    7. The price of the DLC is ridiculous, each DLC has been a massive let down.
    8. THE GAME IS 18+ RATED MATURE FOR 18 YEAR OLDS AND ABOVE, but the game is ruined due to so many kids playing online.
    9. Single player campaign is linear, tells you what to do and its the same formula as all the other call of duties.
    10. The game needs to go back to its roots, treyarch and infinity ward need to look at COD4 and realized why we loved that game.

If COD:GHOSTS is a massive disappointment like Black Ops 2 was, im not playing call of duty again, im done with this franchise.

My rating is 0/10 this game has done nothing but infuriate me, no other game has made me this angry.
    The whole game is a mess, it feels rushed, boring and does not excite me whatsoever.
  45. Aug 20, 2013
    Great ideas for multiplayer online, good dlc contect for those who loved the black ops 1 favorites, some issues with the online lag comp, if only everyone needed a wired connection to play fps games then it wouldn't be such an issue but having to work around people using wifi from next door with 6 devices already using it and trying to make the game good for them is what makes it so hardGreat ideas for multiplayer online, good dlc contect for those who loved the black ops 1 favorites, some issues with the online lag comp, if only everyone needed a wired connection to play fps games then it wouldn't be such an issue but having to work around people using wifi from next door with 6 devices already using it and trying to make the game good for them is what makes it so hard for them to make it more stable. Also lack of game modes given to hardcore players is a let down. Expand
  46. Nov 17, 2013
    The weapons are pretty good. But it seems like they are just way to freaked out about getting Raul Menendez. Well, it's better compared to ghosts. Plus the way that these characters act make no freakin sense.
  47. Aug 7, 2014
    I've given this game a low rating because it is basically just overpriced DLC content of the previous black ops, except for a few different sounds, and some different guns. The first black ops was also crap imo, so this one deserves to be lower rated
  48. Sep 22, 2014
    To be honest with you, I have played Call of Duty with my friends from time to time. But, lets face facts here guys, the game's bad now. Can we all show how they can make a game every year and change the graphics of the game? They use the same thing. Same old same old. I'm lucky that I never had interest playing a game like THIS. The Multiplayer is down right awful. Especially that you'reTo be honest with you, I have played Call of Duty with my friends from time to time. But, lets face facts here guys, the game's bad now. Can we all show how they can make a game every year and change the graphics of the game? They use the same thing. Same old same old. I'm lucky that I never had interest playing a game like THIS. The Multiplayer is down right awful. Especially that you're playing with 10 year olds who can shout f*ck or s*it or simply everything racist and sadistic in every way possible. The Single Player Campaign clearly just uses the same old story whatsoever. Same Guns, Same Everything. I gave it a 0 because every Call of Duty game deserves such a rating every year. Expand
  49. Aug 27, 2015
    This game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks areThis game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks are rather dull and uninteresting, and despite the fact that this is the most populated CoD, the lag is still rampant. I'd recommend if you're a fan of the series; otherwise stay away. (And ignore the people giving this game zero. That's false.) Expand
  50. Nov 9, 2014
    This game is easily the best in the serious with great progression in multiplayer and fun zombie co-op i've put over a hundred hours into this game myself
  51. Dec 10, 2014
    i thought this was the best cod good graphics for its time. the guns look better. better skinks easer to get your guns gold easy game play, good zombie game play
  52. Feb 26, 2015
    black ops 2 is my personal favorite and is still played now in 2015 it must be doing something right as it is enjoyed by most people that have played it loved it and still do it was just a overall amazing game i would honestly recomend this to everyone it is probibly the best game
  53. Mar 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I Love This Game Soooooooooooooooooo Much I 've played this game a lot the zombies mode was a masterpiece my favorite maps are buried Die rise tranzit mob of the dead and nuketown zombies I don't like the multiplayer a lot the multiplayer is great not amazing or a masterpiece campaign is good campaign 7/10 zombies 10/10 multiplayer 8/10 The zombies mode was sooooooooooooo good I give black Ops 2 a 10/10 because i love the zombies mode sooooooooooooooo much It Deserves a 10/10 I highly recommend this game to all of you in metacritic. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2015
    A very fun multiplayer tainted by poor hit detection and terrible lag compensation. The first half of the match 2-3 bullet kills. "Switching sides" 5-6 bullet kills.
  55. Feb 22, 2017
    Call of Duty:Black Ops II in my opinion is one of the best games of this generation.Gripping Campaign and Gameplay.Zombies story line very well developed and one of the best multipayers in any Call of Duty game.
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    I usually don't write reviews....in fact I don't ever write reviews. I have been of the opinion like many that CoD has had a great game struggling to push itself forward in any meaningful way. With Halo, coming out with a fresh feel, I really thought it would take the crown between the two games. After having played about 3 hours of Black Ops II, I am certain that I would take this overI usually don't write reviews....in fact I don't ever write reviews. I have been of the opinion like many that CoD has had a great game struggling to push itself forward in any meaningful way. With Halo, coming out with a fresh feel, I really thought it would take the crown between the two games. After having played about 3 hours of Black Ops II, I am certain that I would take this over Halo if I had to choose. I don't want to take anything away from what 343 did this year, because they truly did an incredible job under a huge microscope. Here though, is where I feel Black Ops wins out.

First, it has now become pretty exciting experimenting with the 10 slot load out....it's actually fun to experiment and take those classes into bot games even, just to see how they feel. You can get numerous different results with just one weapon....and the best part is that it is not complicated. Halo impressed me with its simplicity of load outs....CoD impressed me even more by giving us the option to dig deeper without adding confusion....you can tell they worked very hard on this.

Second, I find still that with Halo, everyone is going for the head, and it becomes a race to see who can break down the shield first. Some attributes do change this formula, but for the most part, people are running around with their Battle Rifle (or whatever basic primary weapon you prefer), and it becomes a race to hit the head and get trigger happy. CoD makes weapon exploration exciting and challenging, and your success will solely depend on how well you use the load out you created.

Finally, I am surprised nobody yet has talked about the incredible improvements to audio yet...the grenades just POUND in the earphones...if it's close by when it goes off, it will catch you by surprise. Halo also improved on their audio, but CoD REALLY needed change in their sound design. I think the mixing and recreation of the sound effects was simply superb.

I am glad to own both games, and when I say I would pick CoD over Halo, it means I pick with a slight edge. Xbox fans rejoice....you have two excellent games to put in your library. I for one really hope that both games can shake a bit of a monkey off their back, and that the majority of naysayers for either game will go hide in their cave if they can't see the effort put into both of these titles this year. Infinity Ward REALLY has their work cut out for them.
  57. Nov 13, 2012
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    Campaign is the best in the series, and multiplayer havent been this good since cod4, and zombies is awesome as always. I really enjoyed Black ops 2 for the Xbox, and all of my friends are enjoying it as well.
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    As someone who was not a fan of MW3, BO2 does a lot of things right. Pick 10 leveling in multiplayer has made playing to prestige worth doing and allows a more customized experience online. The campaign is still fast and frantic now allowing custom loadouts and a not so linear story. You also compete for high score in campaign as well. Zombies was never really my thing but the new modesAs someone who was not a fan of MW3, BO2 does a lot of things right. Pick 10 leveling in multiplayer has made playing to prestige worth doing and allows a more customized experience online. The campaign is still fast and frantic now allowing custom loadouts and a not so linear story. You also compete for high score in campaign as well. Zombies was never really my thing but the new modes and gameplay make it far more interesting. Dont listen to many of the haters on here, I am a big BF3 and Halo player but I find Black Ops 2 is an extremely enjoyable experience. Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game as any other Call of Duty after COD 4, adds absolutely nothing new. Campaign fells like a boring B-movie. What a huge disappointment and a waste of money.
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    Another year, another iteration of the call of duty franchise. Positively, there is now a degree of cause and effect within some missions, which helps to improve upon the generic, on-rails gameplay, but ultimately it does little to affect the gameplay. The zombies mode is the highlight of Black Ops 2, with campaign style zombies mode now included, and this does make for some fun andAnother year, another iteration of the call of duty franchise. Positively, there is now a degree of cause and effect within some missions, which helps to improve upon the generic, on-rails gameplay, but ultimately it does little to affect the gameplay. The zombies mode is the highlight of Black Ops 2, with campaign style zombies mode now included, and this does make for some fun and interesting gameplay, provided you play it with friends. However, it is impossible to not feel as though this game has been played before over previous years, as the multiplayer, which is the crux of the call of duty experience, stays generally the same as it has done in previous years. Although, a large focus of the multiplayer now is advanced technology/drones allowing the players to have an interesting time flying around as a drone, but the fun from this quickly dissipates. Ultimately, this is a game for the people who have loved each and every previous iteration, as it caters for their desire to shoot as they have in the past games, leaving little improvement to many other areas of the game, leavinglittle incentive to play the game unless you are a die-hard fan of the franchise, or all of your friends are playing it and you don't want to be left out Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    Lol this game is just another COD, same as the rest of em, hope that activision goes out of business. If you have an xbox, invest your money in a better and go buy Halo 4.
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    Do not know why i wasted my money on this franchise again.
    Graphics are still **** gameplay is the same, campaign is still heavily scripted and very linear and the strike force missions are ALRIGHT at best

cannot wait for mw4 -.-
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    "CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money"CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money for a team who's patient on their release dates, and as no game is ever finished when released, the Dice team puts more effort into their games than the CoD franchise ever will, I'm putting my bets on BF4, and until it comes out, I'll be playing BF3. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2012
    I've never been a big fan of CoD. I often found the storyline discombobulated and so off the wall that it didn't make sense and I appreciated the depth of the multiplayer some of the perks, and the player tatics and general attitude of let's run around like crazy until the other team is dead really turned me off. I've always been a Battlefield fan.

Having said that. This new game is

Having said that. This new game is amazing. There are choices and consequences in the story. The villain, while despicable, is a tragic figure that suffered through some true atrocities. I actually found myself caring about him at some point. The multiplayer has been revamped. It's to early to prestige but when you do you actually have options now. You get a token that you can use to unlock something no matter what level it is. They've tweaked the perks system which I like and they finally took the focus off of KDR. I've always been a 1.3-1 on average KDR guy myself. so this was a welcome change.

Bottom line is don't listen to these idiots who say the game sucks and nothing's changed. They're doing that to drive the score down because they've nothing better to do with their time. Plus the game's been out for 12 hours so there's no way to know if it really does suck.
  66. Nov 13, 2012
    I used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. TheseI used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. These games only sell well because of their competitive nature, not because they are any fun. If you want to be competitive, go airsofting or paintballing. At least that way you will get some exercise. Expand
  67. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best Call of Duty games ever!!! The campaign is great, but not as good as COD 4, and the new features of the Zombie Mode and the Multiplayer (the most important for me) make this game a must have for every shooter fan!!!
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is like poo on the fart. The guns are boom boom huck jam and the multiprayer priests with guns. Storyline is monster at worst, night terror at best. Solid dream it makes happiness?
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 equals Activision's copy and paste tactic just to make a yearly quick cash in. They ran Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero into the ground with the same tactic and they are doing the same with Call of Duty. Do not buy to send Activision a message that its not acceptable rehashing and rereleasing the same game yearly. Buy BF3 or Halo 4 instead.
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    I got this game early and after playing it for a few days and many many hours here is my honest review. The graphics aren't really high class compared to other game franchises like Halo, Gears of War, or Assassin's creed but the graphics aren't bad either, not even close. Graphics and audio are a major improvement however to past COD games. The campaign IMO is very good. Yes it feels likeI got this game early and after playing it for a few days and many many hours here is my honest review. The graphics aren't really high class compared to other game franchises like Halo, Gears of War, or Assassin's creed but the graphics aren't bad either, not even close. Graphics and audio are a major improvement however to past COD games. The campaign IMO is very good. Yes it feels like other COD campaigns with the explosions, movie like executions, etc but it feels much more personal, emotional and the campaign actually makes sense this time. The time-line from the cold war to 2025 fits in PERFECTLY in the story. The decision making process in the game also works very well and promotes replay-ability. The zombies in the game are improved and involve a more tactical style of game play instead of running around in circles. The zombies in this game have almost a Left 4 dead style and feel of game play The multiplayer overall has been improved. The maps are well done, the perks and weapons are balanced. The pick 10 system works well and gives unlimited customization options. Kill streaks or score streaks are much more difficult to earn in this game compared to past COD's IMO which is a good thing. The sniping has improved, the hit detection is very good. However, here are some things I did not like about this game. This game still feels TOO MUCH like past COD's unfortunately. It is VERY repetitive. The campaign could of been much longer. It is only 5 hours long on normal difficulty. I only played this game for a few days and have already come across annoying campers, quick scopers, etc. Panic knifing has returned. The re-spawns are improved but still are far from near perfect. Overall, a good Call of Duty game. Expand
  71. Nov 13, 2012
    Same Engine , nothing has been improved but medals and guns. story seems to be what's going to save it from embarrassment. The Only thing worth while would be the improved Zombie game-play , only reason people stick to it is the amount of medals there rewarded when doing the most stupidest thing. noticed the design of each medal ( Olive metallic blue spiky emblem ) sure to make any playerSame Engine , nothing has been improved but medals and guns. story seems to be what's going to save it from embarrassment. The Only thing worth while would be the improved Zombie game-play , only reason people stick to it is the amount of medals there rewarded when doing the most stupidest thing. noticed the design of each medal ( Olive metallic blue spiky emblem ) sure to make any player feel happy about themselves . Expand
  72. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty has progressively become a household name for milking the gaming industry of all its money and suggesting to other developers to do the same generic military shooters i.e. medal of honor: warfigher. well on with the review. The game doesn't have any gameplay innovation to brag about and they have shown this by using the exact same formula for the game as they have since callCall of Duty has progressively become a household name for milking the gaming industry of all its money and suggesting to other developers to do the same generic military shooters i.e. medal of honor: warfigher. well on with the review. The game doesn't have any gameplay innovation to brag about and they have shown this by using the exact same formula for the game as they have since call of duty 4. the game gets boring after about half an hour when the thought hits you that you have paid 40 pounds too much. Expand
  73. Nov 13, 2012
    The Most fun I've had in a shooter since the original Call of duty 4 was released, zombies have been refined and the multiplayer has been tweaked ever so slightly in a way that really brings out the action movie type of game-play that the franchise has always striven to perfect, they have come closer than ever now.
  74. Nov 13, 2012
    Utter garbage. The OVER lag compensation from MW3 is back, but it is even worse this go. All the guns are EXACTLY the same! They all have no recoil and have high clips and fast fire rates. The maps promote headglitching and have no real flow.

For some reason, they decided to mess with the sensitivity settings and make the X and Y axis different, without giving you the option to adjust both separately. Hit detection is just as bad as Black Ops, although they tried to mask this by not adding recoil to any of the guns.

Single Player is pathetically unlikable. Basic generic shooter campaign, which last for about 4 gruesome hours. I heard that they will be implementing the single player of this game as a torture device at Guantanamo Bay.

My copy is already on Ebay, save your wallet and your dignity by skipping this boring piece of recycled junk.
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow!! Tryarch really out did themselves this time!! Hahahahahahaha Nah. It's the same game it's always been. Same. Damn. Game. Different skin! "But wow!! It's set in the future!!" Really?? Because it's boring and the audio is **** up. The multi-player is the same, the campaign is the same, everything is exactly the same! Way to go!! You suck!
  76. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is just last nights dinner reheated and served as left-overs. Graphical changes are very low. Though, one well done aspect of the game is the zombies, which is a large improvement from the last game, but the campaign and multiplayer are dried out and over-used. This may not reflect the opinion of others, but my opinion is that it just seems to repeated.
  77. Nov 13, 2012
    Another re-hash. Every iteration seem's like an add-on/expansion. Nothing new or innovative about this series. It still uses the same graphics engine from 2007. The sound is sub-par compared to other games such as the Battlefield series.

Played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    Truly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise whichTruly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise which makes it really disappointing, having been overwhelmed with Modern Warfare I am honestly starting to believe all hope has is lost with this franchise, after Modern Warfare 2 this franchise has taken a nose dive into oblivion and I don't think it will ever return to its former glory, the game is catered for the "casual" gamer the franchise was a lot better when it wasn't as mainstream as it has become now, the chewing gum has finally lost its flavor.

Negatives
    - Extremely linear, boring campaign
    - Same rehashed game engine (signs of aging)
    - Doesn't really improve on whats been done before Positives
    + Zombie mode (This should be a standalone affair and stray away from the COD franchise)
    + Pick 10 Leveling System
    + Hopefully this will be the last COD this gen before it is completely overhauled for next gen
  79. Nov 13, 2012
    More of the same but now with a ridiculous story. The futuristic plot makes no sense at all. Multiplayer feels like Previously Call of Duty Games (MW and BO)I have it on sale now!
  80. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with aI'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with a lot of changes and additions.

What surprises me is the incredible amount of 0 negative reviews... People buy a game that has three parts to it, 1 Campaign 2 Zombies and 3 Multiplayer. They play the first mission on Campaign, skip zombies and go 3-15 on their first match of multiplayer while running around or camping on a map they don
  81. Nov 14, 2012
    I really want to like this game, it's fast and fun but at the same time it really hasn't wowed me at all and I think this is going to be the last COD I buy on launch day. I like the new pick 10 system and some of the new features like the shock sticks and the millimetre scanners but the maps seem to be designed to encourage spawn trapping, the spawn system is broken and god help you ifI really want to like this game, it's fast and fun but at the same time it really hasn't wowed me at all and I think this is going to be the last COD I buy on launch day. I like the new pick 10 system and some of the new features like the shock sticks and the millimetre scanners but the maps seem to be designed to encourage spawn trapping, the spawn system is broken and god help you if you're playing mp split screen! Yes I realise in games like domination you swap spawns at half time but that does not excuse spawning in the exact same location again and again if your team is spawn trapped! How is it that after all these years they still haven't done something about these issues!?!? When I played on my own it was a mix of fun and frustrating but this was down to the other players in all fairness (being paired with randoms against a full team is rarely fun!), however when I later played split screen with my wife it was almost unplayable! I have a 38MB broadband speed and I am a damn good player, other players should not need near enough a full clip to die! Oh and also what's the point of altering perks to discourage camping when the maps seem to do nothing but encourage camping!! I really, really wanted to like this game after the frustration-fest that was MW3 but so far I'm really not impressed. Expand
  82. Nov 14, 2012
    Looks the same, feels the same, and it just simply is the same. Don't get me wrong, that game isn't that bad. But every single call of duty game shouldn't be the same. The game is living of its name, not its gameplay. For the people saying don't buy it if you don't want to play the same thing.. WTF? That's the kind of **** that promotes video game companies to ram their manhood into you.Looks the same, feels the same, and it just simply is the same. Don't get me wrong, that game isn't that bad. But every single call of duty game shouldn't be the same. The game is living of its name, not its gameplay. For the people saying don't buy it if you don't want to play the same thing.. WTF? That's the kind of **** that promotes video game companies to ram their manhood into you. The longer you say, "Hey, if you don't want to play the same CoD, don't buy it" the longer they decide to F off because they know people are going to keep buying their game. It's seriously disrespectful to the people who buy these games in hopes of having at least a slightly different experience. This game feels like MW3.. It was supposed to feel like black ops, but with more innovation.. They disappointed. Do yourselves a favor, get halo 4 and don't look back. Not that halo 4 was better by a long shot, but 343 did a much better job than Activision... Way to ruin another one Activision! Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2012
    If you want a to se scores of serious reviewers, and not trolls like these that gives **** rating despite the fact that they haven't even played the game. Watch all the mixed/positive user reviews that is from the score

7-8.

All the rating below are made by trolls that constantly says that they have played the game but not.
  84. Nov 14, 2012
    Mehhhh.....I usually only buy the mw series of fps but i tried something new this time. I've only played the multiplayer so far and its underwhelming. It sounds like a game from the 90's and i doesnt look that special. The only reason i didnt give it a 2 or 3 is become of the score streaks and the customization....i'll give it till my 1st prestige. if it doesnt grow on me, im getting rid of it.
  85. Nov 14, 2012
    Ok let me get with this. First campaign was all right but some parts were dull. Multiplayer same, repetitive, unbalanced. Zombies the only good thing there. Audio shooting was horrible. Graphics I really don't care and besides if CoD games had the best Graphics but everything else was crap would you buy it? That's exactly what i think about it.
  86. Nov 14, 2012
    just awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make somejust awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make some effort! At least MW3 was playable. Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2012
    i think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...noti think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...not true. quickscoping would remain..i've yet to be quickscoped and in previous games that happened all the time. there was supposed to be a way to play sniperless games..not true. this game was supposed to reward objective oriented players. what a joke that is. they take away the support streaks and the rewards for playing the objectives is much less than in mwf but the risk is greater. case in point, hardpoint which appears to be drop zone is actually more like team defender. as long as you hold a point you get a 25 percent increase to the kills you make. well, in team defender it was 100 percent. so the objective is 1/4 as rewarding now (in regards to personal points).camping was supposed to be almost eliminated due to changes. you'd have to be on the move to be invisible from uav with the right perks. well, try keeping a uav in the air. it's usually there for about 3 seconds. so in turn, camping is every bit as rampant as ever. i think it's actually a bigger problem now. i'm an objective oriented player and i'll never be the slayer some are. i have zero reason to ever play this again. there simply isn't a mode on here that i can't swap for a more rewarding mode on mwf3. to me, treyarch either deliberately leaked bad info or allowed bad info out there. a clear cut explanation of what would be in and out of the game would have fixed that. it very much shows that they were scared some people would stay away if they were truthful. i'll never spend another penny on another treyarch or activision product. the game looks very good and sounds good. i think the aiming is much simpler and less jerky than mwf3. it is smooth that way and plays well. but i don't understand why they create maps where there simply aren't many jumps. in most mwf3 maps there are numerous spots where you have to know the game and have to discover ways to get up on things and sometimes get an advantage. treyarch does so little of that. that's actually a lot of the appeal, knowing the game and knowing little secrets. with how treyarch designs their maps it's like 2 teams playing paintball in a frickin hallway. the terrain needs to be somewhat interactive. but there is very little of that in comparison. i like the idea of league play but i'm not going to waste my time seeing how good or bad i am at a lousy game. i can't even force myself to play this stupid game anymore. there are a lot of good things with it. if you are a good non sniper slayer type that has little intention to play the objective, this is the game for you. but as it is at this very moment i have no intention to waste another moment playing this crap. Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't

Don't buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all.
  89. Nov 14, 2012
    sever not availble for the last two days cant play online at all
    weak story and the online play that i have played was a clone of the other games
    the yearly update is getting old and every year the get it for the one new thing they add but this is the last time cod. has went the way of tony hawk and gutiar hero
  90. Nov 14, 2012
    Please please do not listen to the people giving this game a score of 10. fan boys or not this game is absolutely embarrassing. I have taken it out of my hard Drive and it won't be going back on I nearly snapped the game disc in frustration shame on you treyarch shame on you. You should be ashamed of this game. For all the people saying don't listen to the 0 scores theirs a reason thePlease please do not listen to the people giving this game a score of 10. fan boys or not this game is absolutely embarrassing. I have taken it out of my hard Drive and it won't be going back on I nearly snapped the game disc in frustration shame on you treyarch shame on you. You should be ashamed of this game. For all the people saying don't listen to the 0 scores theirs a reason the community is rating this game 0 and that's because it is **** save your money ant your time avoid like the plague. Awfull. Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2012
    I Like this game! I think it's fast paced and dynamic. Any other bozo that just join this site to bash it should quit being such little whinning baby's. The campaign has so much to offer than the previous COD games. Multiplayer now has a better setup for every type of FPS gamer. You can truly costumize your loadout. And the fact that you can actually compete in a League setting is awesome.I Like this game! I think it's fast paced and dynamic. Any other bozo that just join this site to bash it should quit being such little whinning baby's. The campaign has so much to offer than the previous COD games. Multiplayer now has a better setup for every type of FPS gamer. You can truly costumize your loadout. And the fact that you can actually compete in a League setting is awesome. Simple enough review. But it is my opinion. Oh and the sales figure tells the haters to shut up...... Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2012
    A copy and paste job, cheap lazy money grabbing offering, this franchise deserves more and gamers even more. What is achieved in this, could have been a £ 15.00 DLC update.
  93. Nov 14, 2012
    I wasn't expecting much, but I expected too much. The graphics would have been good, for 3 years ago. The campaign is weak like always and the Multiplayer is nothing new. Even the zombies, the one reason I had faith has been ruined. Tranzit is fun, but that's all there really is. Nobody in there right mind could possibly like this game.
  94. Nov 14, 2012
    As a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's justAs a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's just boring. This was the only reason I could get my girlfriend to play the game, and its completely broken. All of the maps follow the same cookie cutter form of each other. There's always 3 routes - left, right, middle. And they are made to be chaotic instead of strategic. Sniper rifles are almost useless for sniping. I really wish I had played the game more before I redeemed my 4000 points for a season pass.

I've never bothered to create an account on MetaCritic, but after a few days of playing this game, I needed to express my disappointment. If this is your first COD game, go ahead and buy it. But if this isn't, and you haven't bought it yet, pass. It just feels like a half completed game.
  95. Nov 14, 2012
    When I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almostWhen I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almost thought I was just playing an awful map pack. It might be okay if the maps were well structered, but no, they are just awful and invite camping and cheap tactics. Zombies is the only thing I can say anything good about. It will keep you for a little while, but soon, and quickly, will get boring. I wish Black ops 2 was better, at the same time, I had wished, previous Call of Dutys had been better. Call of duty is just a cash cow now. Don't waste your money. Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2012
    I feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving aI feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving a trophy does not make a game fun. Playing the game should be all the fun needed. COD is not fun. I started up the single player campaign to be blown away by the complete lack of 3D during cinematics. To clarify i have just finished AC3 in 3D and the 3D was awesome, the game, so so. Then the game finally started, thought id get my kill on. Instead i was left feeling sick by the poorly programmed 3D in the game. OK, i'll play without 3D then (dissapointing since 3D games are few and far between). I thought maybe i would stop feeling sick now. I was wrong. The urge to bring up breakfast, lunch and possibly dinner from the night before was simply to great. You see i am a sympathetic vomiter, i see vomit, i vomit. What was being served up on my beautiful 1080P 63" 3D TV was indeed vomit. The graphics are worse than bad. I can hear all you braindead fanboys now, "it runs at 60fps...how can it be bad when so many people buy it?..." Well first of all, in case you hadnt noticed, nobody cares about 60fps, as long as it can hold a steady frame rate of say 30fps and not stutter it is perfectly acceptable even imperceptible, ie BF3 which incidentally craps all over CODBO1 & 2. "Why do so many people buy it?" Easy. People are idiots! One need only walk down the street and witness a slew of teenage boys wearing their little sisters jeans with hair that must having taken all morning to style to understand this. More evidence you ask. Look at those that sit atop society in any region of the world, they are always a minority, why you ask again. Because people are overwhelmingly idiots. Back to COD. I am not a hater, honestly i want all games to be fun. I've been gaming for like 25 years, i do not discriminate. So where did my CODBO2 story end?? I was so disillusioned with gaming after just 10 mins of CODBO2 ( I know your thinking, "well you didn't even play it, you missed the options and story line blah blah blah zombies blah blah") I didn't and wont miss anything. If i want to be bored and have options that lead to different endings i'll read one of my old chose your own adventure novels. If i want zombies I'll watch The Walking Dead (which is awesome BTW). So... I digress. After attempting to play and ending up heaving in the toilet i was depressed. I thought to myself i cant wait until the end of the month for Far Cry 3 or more importantly the end of the year for more expansions for BF3. I need to have my new found hatred of games quashed. Now i must tell you that i have never owned an XBOX always PC games and Playstations. I did the only thing i could. I bought a XBOX and Halo 4 and whilst is very far from the greatest game ive played, it has all but erased the sour taste left by CODBO2. Shame on you Treyarch for dishing up such a pile of steaming hot turd when you have the resources and fan base to do something truly revolutionary. Shame on you, you masses of idiots out there who will buy and love this game for no apparent reason other than you liked the one before it and before that and so on. Shame on you professional critics for giving this game such a high score. I have never posted anything online before, not a blog, not a tweet nothing. This game has brought out the entitled **** in me that so many of you had embraced so long ago. I feel that what i have to say is important enough that the world need access it. Shame on you CODBO2 for making me an internet posting geek who thinks that people care what i have to say. Please stop buying this dribble. Please start thinking for yourselves. I gave it a zero because im sure i played this already...in the '80's. Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2012
    Oh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness toOh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness to please my eyes). Here we have the deadbeat devs pulling what capcom did back in the late 80s and early 90s with megaman. Annual release? Don't mind if I do (except classic megaman was actually fun). Now don't get me wrong, Call of Duty 4 was actually a pretty fun game, but when all you do is just release these games that hardly qualify as a CoD4 DLC, let alone a new game, your customers are going to be upset with the extremely obvious stagnation of the series except brain dead children (WHICH IS WHAT THESE GAMES ARE TARGETED TO WHOOPS). Do yourself a favor, and pick up Call of Duty 4 for 5 bucks in your local hicksville wal-mart bargain bin and don't spend 60 dollars for really the same exact thing. If you're new to the whole Call of Duty shindig, stay away from it like the Chernobyl disaster site, or lock yourself in a hot tar kettle until your soul is relinquished to the sphincter of hell where you'll find the developers for these terrible terrible mistakes at work. Expand
  98. Nov 15, 2012
    I dont get why Activision keeps renaming their Single Player Campgain dlc ($10) and take 1 **** year to release a weapons/map patch, and why on earth is this patch $60.
  99. Nov 15, 2012
    Love halo kilzone cod borderlands, been playing games 20 years black ops 2 ticks all the boxes,extensive options and modes. great bot mode for checking out all the toys, good fun, is as serious a shooter as YOU want it to be. Highly recommended
  100. Nov 15, 2012
    This is one of the best action game ever, and I thing best action game on current gen. It seams that's another one CoD game game, but it something big, something serious and it HAS a really good storyline.

2. X-ONE Magazine UK