4.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2084 Ratings

1. Nov 14, 2012
    I feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving aI feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving a trophy does not make a game fun. Playing the game should be all the fun needed. COD is not fun. I started up the single player campaign to be blown away by the complete lack of 3D during cinematics. To clarify i have just finished AC3 in 3D and the 3D was awesome, the game, so so. Then the game finally started, thought id get my kill on. Instead i was left feeling sick by the poorly programmed 3D in the game. OK, i'll play without 3D then (dissapointing since 3D games are few and far between). I thought maybe i would stop feeling sick now. I was wrong. The urge to bring up breakfast, lunch and possibly dinner from the night before was simply to great. You see i am a sympathetic vomiter, i see vomit, i vomit. What was being served up on my beautiful 1080P 63" 3D TV was indeed vomit. The graphics are worse than bad. I can hear all you braindead fanboys now, "it runs at 60fps...how can it be bad when so many people buy it?..." Well first of all, in case you hadnt noticed, nobody cares about 60fps, as long as it can hold a steady frame rate of say 30fps and not stutter it is perfectly acceptable even imperceptible, ie BF3 which incidentally craps all over CODBO1 & 2. "Why do so many people buy it?" Easy. People are idiots! One need only walk down the street and witness a slew of teenage boys wearing their little sisters jeans with hair that must having taken all morning to style to understand this. More evidence you ask. Look at those that sit atop society in any region of the world, they are always a minority, why you ask again. Because people are overwhelmingly idiots. Back to COD. I am not a hater, honestly i want all games to be fun. I've been gaming for like 25 years, i do not discriminate. So where did my CODBO2 story end?? I was so disillusioned with gaming after just 10 mins of CODBO2 ( I know your thinking, "well you didn't even play it, you missed the options and story line blah blah blah zombies blah blah") I didn't and wont miss anything. If i want to be bored and have options that lead to different endings i'll read one of my old chose your own adventure novels. If i want zombies I'll watch The Walking Dead (which is awesome BTW). So... I digress. After attempting to play and ending up heaving in the toilet i was depressed. I thought to myself i cant wait until the end of the month for Far Cry 3 or more importantly the end of the year for more expansions for BF3. I need to have my new found hatred of games quashed. Now i must tell you that i have never owned an XBOX always PC games and Playstations. I did the only thing i could. I bought a XBOX and Halo 4 and whilst is very far from the greatest game ive played, it has all but erased the sour taste left by CODBO2. Shame on you Treyarch for dishing up such a pile of steaming hot turd when you have the resources and fan base to do something truly revolutionary. Shame on you, you masses of idiots out there who will buy and love this game for no apparent reason other than you liked the one before it and before that and so on. Shame on you professional critics for giving this game such a high score. I have never posted anything online before, not a blog, not a tweet nothing. This game has brought out the entitled **** in me that so many of you had embraced so long ago. I feel that what i have to say is important enough that the world need access it. Shame on you CODBO2 for making me an internet posting geek who thinks that people care what i have to say. Please stop buying this dribble. Please start thinking for yourselves. I gave it a zero because im sure i played this already...in the '80's. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    MW3 was a huge disappointment. Guns with no recoil and ridiculous shooting power, lag, pathetic split screen...you all know.

BLACK OPS 2 - WTF Activision?! Maps are MICROSCOPIC. I get shot in the back every 5 seconds because of CRAP SPAWNS. BORING multiplayer.....I love BO1, it's my #2, but this is a disgrace. Guns kill instantly no matter what range you're at. I'm going back to W@W. bye.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    There are two ways to review a game such as Call of Duty, which is what I feel leads to the polarising effect thats often seen within the reviews. One way is to review the game solely on its own merits, its story, graphics, gameplay, controls and taking no other part of the franchise into consideration. In this regard, Black Ops 2, like so many other Cod games, delivers with slickThere are two ways to review a game such as Call of Duty, which is what I feel leads to the polarising effect thats often seen within the reviews. One way is to review the game solely on its own merits, its story, graphics, gameplay, controls and taking no other part of the franchise into consideration. In this regard, Black Ops 2, like so many other Cod games, delivers with slick controls, fast paced addictive multiplayer, class customization and all the other hallmarks of a quality product. The campaign is still more of an add on, with the majority of the focus being placed upon multiplayer, and still retains the tradiontional linea, "clear a room move on" style of level design, interspersed with set pieces and vehicle sections. New steps have been taken with the addition of multiple endings based upon your choices, however this feature fails to actually add anything to the experience, at most just dragging you into a second playthrough if your curious about the different consequences of your actions. Top down RTS style side missions have also been added, yet the implementation here is poor, hampered by the AI being used by the soldiers and almost forcing you to take direct control over your forces if you want to progress, thankfully though these are options and can be avoided if you find them not to your tastes. The game therefore seems like a decent product, a polished, professional piece of AAA game design, but there is of course one other thing to consider.

The second way to review the game, and the one that overall I will be taking, is to look at it as part of the franchise as a whole. This sadly is where the game falls down. All of the points I've made thus far are valid, but the problem comes when you compare it to the other Call of Duty games, and realise that this is the exact same formulae that they perfected years ago. Set pieces, chases and other action sequences where you are basically forced to watch, your control reduced to panning the camera or what are essentially quick time events, still take you out of the action and reduce you to more of a bystander than an active participant. Missions are still linear, you clear a room of bad guys, move to the next one, rinse and repeat. The multiplayer may be fast paced and hectic, but its also once again the exact same format that has been served up for the last few years now, a few new game types are not the kind of innovation that should be expected when you reach this stage of a franchise. The maps are cramped, designed for solo players in mind and reinforcing the general veiw that this is in no way a team game. The new score streak system differs very little from the previous kill streaks, in some cases being even more unbalanced. One also has to question the logic behind rewarding the leading players with even more powerful and deadly weapons and abilites and further increasing their lead instead of providing these benefits to the losing team to enable them to close the gap and keep the game close, competitive and exciting. Its all designed around the unrealistic one man army approach taken in these games, which is what cultivates the negative attitudes of many of its online players, and whilst their behaviour is no fault of the games, activision, infinity ward and treyarch have never taken any great pains to make the online a more enjoyable, balanced or even fair place for its more reasonable players.

Call of Duty is guaranteed to sell, regardless of the changes they make, so you have to ask why the developers dont try something new, it feels more as if they churn out these almost identical clones out of either laziness or an actual inability to create something new. The changes, as seen here with the RTS segments, are poorly implemented and they make never have enough of an impact to drastically change the core experience, always altering the periferal, inconsequential things rather than risk any potential backlash for changing the game. After all who wants to be the guy that killed "the best selling franchise in gaming history"? The thing is, you cant kill it, year after year people will buy it, so take the chance, innovate, change it up. If people preffered the old version, they can play that game, if they want a new experience, give it to them. Black Ops 2 works as a game, its a great example of one, but it fails as part of a franchise, because yet again it brings very little to the table that the previous games have not already covered. If you want a good, solid, slick modern FPS, go play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or your preference from the heap of sequels it has. Just dont think this is going to be anything you havent seen before.
  4. Nov 27, 2012
    I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1.I gave this game a medium rating when I first played it since it was a step up from MW3. I am now giving it a zero after playing it for a couple of weeks. In an effort to make a balanced game, Treyarch has gone through and muted everything fun about this once great series. The guns are blanned and boring, the perks do very little to improve the experience, the graphics are the same as MW1. BO1 was original. Money/Wager system, exciting weapons, weekly assignments. All gone. And their lag comp system makes %70 of the games unplayable. Really disappointing effort, if you can call it an effort at all. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20.id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20. all we are is dollar signs to them. im fed up.

former COD fanboy
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    I was excited to pick this game up after reading some reviews by critics. They made it sound like a lot had changed in this new cod game. After spending 60 dollars and playing the game, i realize these critics must have been paid to write all those good reviews. The games campaign is still the same on rails garbage that holds your hand through the entire game. Still has stupid enemy's thatI was excited to pick this game up after reading some reviews by critics. They made it sound like a lot had changed in this new cod game. After spending 60 dollars and playing the game, i realize these critics must have been paid to write all those good reviews. The games campaign is still the same on rails garbage that holds your hand through the entire game. Still has stupid enemy's that just run out in the open are just stand in one place and shoot. Its just a boring tin can shooter like all the other cod games. I know most people buy this for multiplayer, but I still would like to play a good fps campaign. The multiplayer is the same, so you will either love it or hate it. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Ok let me get with this. First campaign was all right but some parts were dull. Multiplayer same, repetitive, unbalanced. Zombies the only good thing there. Audio shooting was horrible. Graphics I really don't care and besides if CoD games had the best Graphics but everything else was crap would you buy it? That's exactly what i think about it.
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    i think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...noti think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...not true. quickscoping would remain..i've yet to be quickscoped and in previous games that happened all the time. there was supposed to be a way to play sniperless games..not true. this game was supposed to reward objective oriented players. what a joke that is. they take away the support streaks and the rewards for playing the objectives is much less than in mwf but the risk is greater. case in point, hardpoint which appears to be drop zone is actually more like team defender. as long as you hold a point you get a 25 percent increase to the kills you make. well, in team defender it was 100 percent. so the objective is 1/4 as rewarding now (in regards to personal points).camping was supposed to be almost eliminated due to changes. you'd have to be on the move to be invisible from uav with the right perks. well, try keeping a uav in the air. it's usually there for about 3 seconds. so in turn, camping is every bit as rampant as ever. i think it's actually a bigger problem now. i'm an objective oriented player and i'll never be the slayer some are. i have zero reason to ever play this again. there simply isn't a mode on here that i can't swap for a more rewarding mode on mwf3. to me, treyarch either deliberately leaked bad info or allowed bad info out there. a clear cut explanation of what would be in and out of the game would have fixed that. it very much shows that they were scared some people would stay away if they were truthful. i'll never spend another penny on another treyarch or activision product. the game looks very good and sounds good. i think the aiming is much simpler and less jerky than mwf3. it is smooth that way and plays well. but i don't understand why they create maps where there simply aren't many jumps. in most mwf3 maps there are numerous spots where you have to know the game and have to discover ways to get up on things and sometimes get an advantage. treyarch does so little of that. that's actually a lot of the appeal, knowing the game and knowing little secrets. with how treyarch designs their maps it's like 2 teams playing paintball in a frickin hallway. the terrain needs to be somewhat interactive. but there is very little of that in comparison. i like the idea of league play but i'm not going to waste my time seeing how good or bad i am at a lousy game. i can't even force myself to play this stupid game anymore. there are a lot of good things with it. if you are a good non sniper slayer type that has little intention to play the objective, this is the game for you. but as it is at this very moment i have no intention to waste another moment playing this crap. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't

Don't buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all.
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    I would like to say that this game is a decently made game; if it were still CoD 2... or Maybe CoD 3. The fact that this franchise has made SOOO MUCH MONEY!!! and yet almost none goes back into developing a better game. I rented this game, and was not impressed at all. I did a little comparison and put CoD BO on, and let my wife play it. I then let her play BO2. I then asked her if II would like to say that this game is a decently made game; if it were still CoD 2... or Maybe CoD 3. The fact that this franchise has made SOOO MUCH MONEY!!! and yet almost none goes back into developing a better game. I rented this game, and was not impressed at all. I did a little comparison and put CoD BO on, and let my wife play it. I then let her play BO2. I then asked her if I could go buy BO2 after she played BO, her reply was "It really seems like the same game." I then agreed and decided it was not worth the 60 bucks. In my opinion this game is nothing more than a simple map pack with some minor changes they could issued through a patch for BO. It is by no means worth 60 dollars, I might look into it when the price comes down to about 20-30 US $. Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    My Son and I purchased the Hardened edition and were so looking forward to it. It is a let down, the game play is too simular to Ghost Recon, and the maps might as well have been issued as map pack for Black Ops 1. I find the whole feel of this greatly dissapointing and feel I have totally waisted my money. My Son, after just 20 minutes, "Dad, its crap". Sorry. But if you know the previousMy Son and I purchased the Hardened edition and were so looking forward to it. It is a let down, the game play is too simular to Ghost Recon, and the maps might as well have been issued as map pack for Black Ops 1. I find the whole feel of this greatly dissapointing and feel I have totally waisted my money. My Son, after just 20 minutes, "Dad, its crap". Sorry. But if you know the previous maps you can even work out where they have just re-skinned them too. Look for launch forinstance, or Ait Plane wreck in COD 2, diverse examples of copied mapping. Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2012
    sever not availble for the last two days cant play online at all
    weak story and the online play that i have played was a clone of the other games
    the yearly update is getting old and every year the get it for the one new thing they add but this is the last time cod. has went the way of tony hawk and gutiar hero
  13. Nov 14, 2012
    OK let's get the Pros out of the way. Additions and improvements to the Zombies mode is fantastic. The game looks better than Blops 1. I don't touch single player but I'm sure it's more of the same ol' Point A to Point B. The Cons. Multiplayer maps are mostly narrow corridors. Gone are the days of pulling up your sights. Instead grab a sub machine gun and spray 'n pray from the hip.OK let's get the Pros out of the way. Additions and improvements to the Zombies mode is fantastic. The game looks better than Blops 1. I don't touch single player but I'm sure it's more of the same ol' Point A to Point B. The Cons. Multiplayer maps are mostly narrow corridors. Gone are the days of pulling up your sights. Instead grab a sub machine gun and spray 'n pray from the hip. Takes lone wolfing to the extreme. The maps themselves just feel like a jumbled mess, like Treyarch thought they were doing some DLC for MW3. The spawn system. In older CoD games, there would be a defined location that you would spawn and was pretty good about not spawning you 10 feet away from where you just died. Not the case. I routinely respawn close to where I died next to a camper, then have to figure out a way to go around. Sniping. If I get killed one more time from a sniper bullet to my toe or the surrounding air next to me I will flip my lid. If I had never played a CoD game before I may enjoy this. Thinking that the game was supposed to be like this. But I've played for a long time. MW2 and Blops 1 were the best games in the series. Blops II however is just plain garbage. That's my rant and I'm stickin' to it. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    Garbage. Same re-packed gameplay. Graphics are very, very disappointing for the latest game released this year. Multiplayer identical in almost every way. 'Ohhh new guns!'..... I wanted to like this game, I really did. Laughable campaign with 9,000 stupid AI that you mindlessly murder map after map until you make it to the checkpoints and suddenly become impervious to gunfire..Garbage. Same re-packed gameplay. Graphics are very, very disappointing for the latest game released this year. Multiplayer identical in almost every way. 'Ohhh new guns!'..... I wanted to like this game, I really did. Laughable campaign with 9,000 stupid AI that you mindlessly murder map after map until you make it to the checkpoints and suddenly become impervious to gunfire.. Better game than Black Ops I. Zombie maps have a somewhat new face and idea and are fun, but still confusing, which I suppose is part of the intrigue(I made it past lvl 50 on most of the last Zombie maps as to show I'm not a complete n0ob). Graphics still suck and zombies still act the exact same as the last game. Exact same. Music and sound is even the same. I would like this game a lot if it was the first CoD I played, but since it is JUST LIKE the first CoD game I played, I'm pretty bored and I can't believe people are paying $60 for another map pack and weapon re-skin in such record breaking numbers. Are we just mindless sheep? I love how we are eating up this garbage. If they make another game with this same engine and the same graphics, I fear it will make CoD a self parody(if it hasn't already). Treyarch and the rest of the CoD producers are laughing all the way to the bank with this one. And the last one. And the one before that.

Gets a 3 because a 0 is stupid. There IS content here and there is even new content, just not enough to justify a new game.
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. TheyI'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. They wanted to get rid of campers by splitting up the original ghost perk into 3 separate perks, but people still are gonna camp. Now te campers are just going to know exactly when your coming in so there going to be ready. How does this make any sense to anybody? The way the game plays right now is pretty much a giant split screen and everyone is screen looking because UAVs are being used so much that people are constantly on the radar, so people are always going to know if your coming around the corner. I've always played a run-n-gun stealth class in every recent cod game, now I can't do that because there really is no more stealth class. So now I'm force to play a horrible play style of running around like a idiot and just spraying at people hoping I my connection is better so I get the kill. Sounds like fun right?!? Thank you Treyarch for having me waste my money on your horrible game, and thank you because I'll never be buying another COD game ever... Expand
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is worse than the first black ops mwf is were it's at black ops controls are jerky and not smooth like mwf. Black ops is unrealistic. They made it harder to earn kill streak packages it's just a horrible game all around wish I could get my money back
  17. Nov 14, 2012
    The dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last greatThe dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last great Call of Duty was Modern Warfare 2, and since them fans have been slowly exposed to a dying series that will eventually be a parody of itself. The core of Black Ops 2 multiplayer is broken because it doesn't not deal with fundamental aspects of fun and gameplay. The maps are chicken scratch attempts at creating an adrenaline fueled rat maze with no sense of intelligent direction. The spawns are absolutely horrid: spawn can often be a throw of the dice to see whether you manage to live or die. Finally, the lag in this game is still at a lower level than the MW1 and MW2 variations, the lag still puts you into that situations where you thought you had the jump on a guy, but the killcam reveals that you didn't even pull up your gun. Without addressing these core issues, the series is slowly withering away its hardcore fans, and eventually the rest of the community will start to catch on. Treyarch is a shady mom and pop used car sales lot who will praise the paint, but refuse to fix the engine.

If the gun classes were balanced, the online gameplay fixed, and the maps completely redesigned with strong team deathmatch gameplay I would be inclined to give this game at least an 8 or a 9.
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    A copy and paste job, cheap lazy money grabbing offering, this franchise deserves more and gamers even more. What is achieved in this, could have been a £ 15.00 DLC update.
  19. Nov 14, 2012
    I wasn't expecting much, but I expected too much. The graphics would have been good, for 3 years ago. The campaign is weak like always and the Multiplayer is nothing new. Even the zombies, the one reason I had faith has been ruined. Tranzit is fun, but that's all there really is. Nobody in there right mind could possibly like this game.
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    Treyarch, congrats. You've officially embedded yourself in my mind as horrible at game making. Many people here are complaining about the lack of change, but I disagree. I hate the changes they've made. For this review I'll be talking about the multiplayer part of the game.

And it sucks. Sniping is absolutely impossible. The guns scope in incredibly slow and awkwardly. It's honestly so frustrating. The killstreaks in this game blow. You randomly die from being electrocuted or somehow explode. The game overall is very dark color wise which makes spotting enemies nearly impossible. Lastly, the create a class system is just plain stupid. So many perks are made into attachments and it's impossible to get a class that really fits your needs without making serious cuts.

Honestly, I want more of the same. I want the old CoD 4 back. Not with these stupid "advancements",
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    As a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's justAs a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's just boring. This was the only reason I could get my girlfriend to play the game, and its completely broken. All of the maps follow the same cookie cutter form of each other. There's always 3 routes - left, right, middle. And they are made to be chaotic instead of strategic. Sniper rifles are almost useless for sniping. I really wish I had played the game more before I redeemed my 4000 points for a season pass.

I've never bothered to create an account on MetaCritic, but after a few days of playing this game, I needed to express my disappointment. If this is your first COD game, go ahead and buy it. But if this isn't, and you haven't bought it yet, pass. It just feels like a half completed game.
  22. Nov 14, 2012
    Boring! MP is complete garbage,zombies is the same and the campaign is meh at best. I have been a huge fan of the series but now i'm done! The fun factor doesn't exist in this game.
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    the real score and the real quality of this game is around 4. But I give 1 against treyach and activision mentality. well, regarding the quality of the game, what I can say is : the game is outdated with indecent graphycs a boring story, stupid characters and a sp campaign structured on stupid, fast ride and mindless mission on rails that lasts 5 hours. If you are searching for a solid fpsthe real score and the real quality of this game is around 4. But I give 1 against treyach and activision mentality. well, regarding the quality of the game, what I can say is : the game is outdated with indecent graphycs a boring story, stupid characters and a sp campaign structured on stupid, fast ride and mindless mission on rails that lasts 5 hours. If you are searching for a solid fps well structured in single player campaign, with an open world or sandbox missions or freeroaming DON'T BUY COD Blackops2, DON'T waste your money or rent it for a day and wait for farcry3 release or go out and buy the best fps yet available of this year: borderlands 2. The single player campiagn is only an excuse to sell this game at 60 bucks, but in reality the lenght is like a dlc of the previous Cod:black ops. Cod: Blops2 is only for fanboys multiplayer addicted, but warning because the multiplayer mode isn't perfect and has actually connection issues. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    Oh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness toOh look, it's THIS game again. Wee, Call of Duty 4! We're having fun! The 6th DLC- I'M SORRY I MEAN BRAND NEW CALL OF DUTY has been released. Boy oh boy, where the hell do we begin with this stinker. Same boring story, same boring guns, same boring graphics (come on you'd think with record breaking sales they'd at least upgrade the graphics engine but nope, same old sepia toned goodness to please my eyes). Here we have the deadbeat devs pulling what capcom did back in the late 80s and early 90s with megaman. Annual release? Don't mind if I do (except classic megaman was actually fun). Now don't get me wrong, Call of Duty 4 was actually a pretty fun game, but when all you do is just release these games that hardly qualify as a CoD4 DLC, let alone a new game, your customers are going to be upset with the extremely obvious stagnation of the series except brain dead children (WHICH IS WHAT THESE GAMES ARE TARGETED TO WHOOPS). Do yourself a favor, and pick up Call of Duty 4 for 5 bucks in your local hicksville wal-mart bargain bin and don't spend 60 dollars for really the same exact thing. If you're new to the whole Call of Duty shindig, stay away from it like the Chernobyl disaster site, or lock yourself in a hot tar kettle until your soul is relinquished to the sphincter of hell where you'll find the developers for these terrible terrible mistakes at work. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow could they beat this dead horse anymore. This is by the far the worst in the series. They just keep pumping them out. The Story makes no sense and the game play is just more of the same. I'm done buying this crap. MW is now dead to me and BLOPS is beyond dead. I think we need to face facts MW is dead my friends.
  26. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm a 34 y/o guy that is a huge of shooters but if you think this is an improvement, you are nucking futs! The graphics are terrible and they borrowed the color scheme from Serious Sam. Multiplayer is king these days and the pick 10 system does not redefine this title. The levels are small, easily campable and just plain dull and boring. I give it 1 for how smooth it feels but couldI'm a 34 y/o guy that is a huge of shooters but if you think this is an improvement, you are nucking futs! The graphics are terrible and they borrowed the color scheme from Serious Sam. Multiplayer is king these days and the pick 10 system does not redefine this title. The levels are small, easily campable and just plain dull and boring. I give it 1 for how smooth it feels but could not shake the feeling like I was getting killed when I clearly had the upper hand in gun battles. I've already lost interest here after 2 days of trying to give it a chance. I hate HALO but i'm trading in BO2 in for it today. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    WOW, what a terrible game!
    Why do we allow this franchise to continue. Please stop supporting this game. THANK god I tried it for free. Call of Duty has been the same exact game since COD2.
    Gamers deserve better than this, a high price tag for absolute trash.
  28. Dec 3, 2012
    Zombie mode is alright. Campaign is boring. Multiplayer sucks. Treyarch fix the spawn system on this busted game. I'm tired of spawning right in front of the enemy team.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    It is beyond me how we still have people who buy Call of Duty. It s the same thing it always is. The only thing i keep hearing in Trey Arcs case is that the game has zombies. So what? To any body that buys this game over many other great zombie games I say shame. If trey arc wants zombies, make a real zombie game, not a gimmick inside of a war shooter. Back to Call of Duty. Nothing changesIt is beyond me how we still have people who buy Call of Duty. It s the same thing it always is. The only thing i keep hearing in Trey Arcs case is that the game has zombies. So what? To any body that buys this game over many other great zombie games I say shame. If trey arc wants zombies, make a real zombie game, not a gimmick inside of a war shooter. Back to Call of Duty. Nothing changes to the point where I want to spend another 60 bucks. Id rather wait for much better FPS games like Far Cry 3 or just play current great FPS games like Crysis 2 or Borderlands 2. Sequals that took what was good about the first game and then multiplied it to make it its own without ruining what made them great. Call of Duty is just been played out.

I do however give the publisher activision much respect in the fact that they keep producing the same game year after year and get millions to buy it.

"Its cause its great. People wouldnt buy it if it sucked."

Good point. To that I say take out single player. See if people will buy it it if its only online. They would.

The whole basis of my opinion is that they dont know how to make an engaging story.

Bottom line. Buy it, dont buy it. I dont care. I know where I stand.
  30. Nov 16, 2012
    Starting in the Campaign. It had a good story line but It offered no challenge on Veteran, I was finished with it in 3 hours. Next is Multiplayer. Maps are horribly designed, head glitches are ridiculous, too easy to die on core, when you shoot someone half the time its not even the person, and all around horrible experience. The only this that brought my score from a 0 to a 3 is Zombies.Starting in the Campaign. It had a good story line but It offered no challenge on Veteran, I was finished with it in 3 hours. Next is Multiplayer. Maps are horribly designed, head glitches are ridiculous, too easy to die on core, when you shoot someone half the time its not even the person, and all around horrible experience. The only this that brought my score from a 0 to a 3 is Zombies. I believe this new zombie idea is awesome. There maps added together though don't seem as big as they were talking. Tranzit is about as comparable as any other HUGE zombie map but is not actually HUGE. I want an expansive map that i can roam around and find something i haven't found before. Ranking of CoD 1. CoD 4, CoD WaW, CoD MW3, Cod BO, CoD MW2, CoD BO 2 THIS GAME DOES NOT DESERVE A 10!!!! Expand

2. Jan 19, 2013