4.6

1. Dec 13, 2013
    I gave this title a 8 because it has awesome replay value. I come home sometimes and go online for a quick match and it puts a smile on my face every time. I have been playing call of duty titles for probably over 15 years and they have come along way. This will not disappoint someone looking to PWN Noobs on the daily. However I must say I don't particularly care for the single player gameI gave this title a 8 because it has awesome replay value. I come home sometimes and go online for a quick match and it puts a smile on my face every time. I have been playing call of duty titles for probably over 15 years and they have come along way. This will not disappoint someone looking to PWN Noobs on the daily. However I must say I don't particularly care for the single player game and story line. That's why it doesn't get a 10. Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is almost three games in one, with some decent add-on content available as well. The campaign is refreshing, multiplayer innovative, and zombies experimentive. The campaign has multiple endings, making each playthrough feel unique. The multiplayer is fun with new weapons, maps, and the pick-10 system. Zombies is now a hit-or-miss experience. You'll either fall inCall of Duty: Black Ops II is almost three games in one, with some decent add-on content available as well. The campaign is refreshing, multiplayer innovative, and zombies experimentive. The campaign has multiple endings, making each playthrough feel unique. The multiplayer is fun with new weapons, maps, and the pick-10 system. Zombies is now a hit-or-miss experience. You'll either fall in love with tranzit, or absolutely hate it. The dlc for this game is also very well done. Nuketown 2025 and all other maps are a blast to play on. The same can't be said for the zombies dlc. Nuketown zombies is a fun, yet flawed experience due to its randomization. The first dlc map for zombies, Die Rise, is terrible. Buried and the Alcatraz map, on the other hand, are the two best zombies maps in the game, both offering fun and addictive experiences. Origins, the final dlc zombies map, is best described as a let down. Sure, the fan favorite characters have returned, but the map is not fun to play on. The boss is annoying, the map layout irritating, and the giant robots just plain strange. These issues aside, this is a surprisingly good call of duty. Expand
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    This really is a game for absolute morons. I find it interesting how the reviews on this site are far more negative when done by normal people, rather than the reviews by people working for a major publication sponsored by the same company whose product they're reviewing. At least the game helpfully tells you how garbage it will be straight away, when you see the main character of theThis really is a game for absolute morons. I find it interesting how the reviews on this site are far more negative when done by normal people, rather than the reviews by people working for a major publication sponsored by the same company whose product they're reviewing. At least the game helpfully tells you how garbage it will be straight away, when you see the main character of the first Black Ops with his kid, who tells his dad to go back to the army then immediately says "you promised you wouldn't go back to the army!" It goes to show what happens when you let people who've spent their professional lives choreographing scenes of shooting foreigners write dialogue. Every mission is either deeply boring, or laughable. The mission where you help the Mujahideen against the Soviets is just running across huge landscapes of nothing, to fight amongst sand and sand coloured huts, before the developers throw in a reference to the first Black Ops when an enemy from it shows up, ironically finishing off the steaming heap of the mission was made of. The game's set in the future but you wouldn't know if half the time considering most missions are going back in time to ridiculous over-the-top recreations of the invasion of Panama, while every mission in the future only tells you by giving you some kind of high tech gadget you can use once in a scripted moment before never seeing again. While you're leading your squad of white American dudes to fight future terrorism (because I'm meant to feel sympathy for poor little America when all her merciless deathdrones get taken away) in a hundred identical corridors, I couldn't help but feel that if this game didn't have Call of Duty on the box it wouldn't get the acclaim the series thinks it's entitled to. Before, I could accept the shameless reskinning of the last game to create a sequel because the story at least had hints of interesting themes, even if MW3 was ridiculous it was still cool. This isn't; it's bland, repetitive and its attempts to do something original are awfully scripted and choreographed. And the Strike Force missions are so terrible I can't even begin to talk about them, especially after it tried to convince me that if I didn't succeed in defending this one base on the India-China border from a Chinese attack, ALL of India (one of the world's top militaries and economies, even more so in 2025) would just flop over and fall to China. I'd tell you not to buy this game but I'm sure 9 out of 10 of the people reading this already did, since it made a literal billion dollars, sending a message to the entire industry that'll last a generation that what we all really want are more games where you hold a collection of weapons and go on killing sprees of endless supplies of foreigners whose supply of expensive equipment is never called into question, all the while chasing this one bad guy whose motives are explained to make you feel sympathy but instead are the most hollow thing I can imagine short of gouging out the inside of my which is ironically what I'd rather do than play this game. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    First of all, don't listen to all the haters. In my opinion, giving a 0 to a decent shooter is very childish...get a life! We all know what to expect with COD, FIFA, NBA etc.. I understand that some people have had enough of the repetition, but the concept is still great imo. They have some great impovements in the online experience and the extinction game mode is a great addition. IFirst of all, don't listen to all the haters. In my opinion, giving a 0 to a decent shooter is very childish...get a life! We all know what to expect with COD, FIFA, NBA etc.. I understand that some people have had enough of the repetition, but the concept is still great imo. They have some great impovements in the online experience and the extinction game mode is a great addition. I have to say that I have bought a couple of COD games in the past (MW1 en MW2 World at War) and I think this game is better in terms of graphics and gameplay. The single player is good, but not something special. The multiplayer works perfectly and is really enjoyable. A lot of people complain about the maps and about camping, but I do not agree with these comments. In the beginning, you will not be as good as some players, because you really have to get to know the surroundings. At the moment, I have a K-D ratio near 2.0 and I run like a rabbit (if you move well and look at the right spots, you will beat the campers easily). As your experience growths over time, you will also kill more people in the big maps. I also think that the killstreaks are not too powerful, which is a good thing. You can have a lot of strategies due to the large variety of perks, weapons and killstreaks and you can play with several characters in different outfits! Expand
  5. Jan 9, 2014
    A compelling story, amazing multiplayer, and a creative new Zombie mode, This is by far one of the best in the series. The campaign has many different time periods and a big variety of missions, The Multiplayer is completely reinvented with new guns, class systems, and killstreaks. The Zombie mode is very fun and has a new addition "Tranzit" If you are a COD fan and want somethingA compelling story, amazing multiplayer, and a creative new Zombie mode, This is by far one of the best in the series. The campaign has many different time periods and a big variety of missions, The Multiplayer is completely reinvented with new guns, class systems, and killstreaks. The Zombie mode is very fun and has a new addition "Tranzit" If you are a COD fan and want something extremely fun and are looking for a refreshing new game then look no further! Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2014
    This is the greatest Call of Duty so far. The Graphics are great, and the gameplay mechanics are flawless, who doesn't want to ride a horse into an Afghan battle! So many negative reviews? Come on! This is the best CoD yet!
  7. Oct 20, 2014
    Zombies: Zombies in Black Ops II is just as good if not better than the zombies in Black Ops 1. It has a great story, new and cool looking guns (except the Jet Gun), and great maps (except Tranzit). I would give the Zombies portion a 9.5/10.

Multiplayer: First of all, such a huge improvement over the Multiplayer and Campaign in BO1. The campaign in this game is ok and the multiplayer is actually fun to play but can get boring for some. Multiplayer and Campaign gets a 6.5/10
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    Better than MW3. The multiplayer is more fun, and the futuristic weapons and ideas really seem to work, the zombies remains mostly the same, adds a few small things, and the single player is just decent. Don't expect much different from the basic CoD formula with this one, decent game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II gets a 7.7/10.
  9. Jan 1, 2014
    Would much rather play this game over ghosts. I thought this game had issues til ghost came along. Fresh breathe of air after switching discs. This cod game has a much better multiplayer unless you're a camper, then feel free to play ghosts and never come back
  10. Jan 26, 2014
    Acceptable but not great. Graphics are good but not as good as Battlefield and Crysis. The campaign follows WOW and BO but is a bit of an improvement. I am quite disappointed in the Zombies mode as it could use improvement. The multiplayer is pretty good, especially the League Play despite all the little dumb 7-13 year olds shouting through the microphone.
  11. Jan 9, 2014
    I think my review of this game sums up what the Call of Duty franchise is but in one word, uninspired. This game is just nothing new at all and it brings nothing new to the world of first-person shooters. It's saving grace is it's local multiplayer (Zombies especially) but it's just not enough to save this game from being just.....uninspired and lazy.
  12. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best cod since cod 4. Mw2 was good but had a ton of balance issues. Do you know why people automatically attack this game for its lag (which wasn't even that bad)? It's because there was no other problems with it.
    Campaign- well told and fun to play. Multiple endings and very interesting characters and plot give this campaign a high replay value.
    Multiplayer- perfectly
    Multiplayer- perfectly balanced, no OP weapons or equipment. The killstreaks are now harder to get, adding to the skill factor and making playing the objective a more feasible option. The pick ten system works flawlessly. Weapon diversity is the strongest it has been since mw2, each gun has a special play style and very different stats. The maps, albeit not as crisscrossy as previous maps, still cater to all styles of play with many different sight lines and ranges, which makes for very diversified gameplay and fun battles.
    Zombies- more free roam, which I think is a big improvement over Kino Der Toten's cramped hallways. It is also more story driven, while still allowing you to chill and mess around if you want. The new characters, while not quite as badass as the black ops characters, still mange to be likable and interesting.

Overall, bo2 gets a 10/10. This game is a perfect example of how to rejuvenate a veteran franchise.
  13. Feb 13, 2014
    I personally think that BO2 was one of the best Call of Duty's out there right now. I didn't buy the game, I borrowed it, but I played the living **** out of the game and really enjoyed it, it's FAR SUPERIOR THAN GHOSTS. I know you guys will probably **** murder me for saying this, but I do think that this is a good Call of Duty despite the fact that there was a steaming pile of **** thatI personally think that BO2 was one of the best Call of Duty's out there right now. I didn't buy the game, I borrowed it, but I played the living **** out of the game and really enjoyed it, it's FAR SUPERIOR THAN GHOSTS. I know you guys will probably **** murder me for saying this, but I do think that this is a good Call of Duty despite the fact that there was a steaming pile of **** that was MW3. BO2 gave us some choice in the campaign and it was really cool to see the story play out a different way than some other person. Multiplayer actually introduced some new mechanics, the Pick 10 system, new modes, and FAR BETTER MAPS. Lastly, you get the final piece of the puzzle, which is Zombies. I truly don't know what to say about this mode, it's funny, it's hard, and it's just plain addicting. Zombies has never been this fun and I hope that the next Treyarch game will be just as good as this one. Treyarch actually **** listens to the community and unlike the new Infinity Ward, THEY CARE ABOUT THE PC GAMERS. End of review, this game, to my surprise, delivered a good experience compared to Ghosts and MW3, Treyarch is actually making the best of CoD now. Expand
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    Do not get me started with this game. The lead developer, David Vonderhaar, is quite possibly the most idiotic man the gaming industry has ever seen. There are a few select guns in the multiplayer that are entirely unbalanced and require little to no skill to use (generally speaking, the snipers, light machines guns, and a couple of shotguns). The latency is unbearable as the developersDo not get me started with this game. The lead developer, David Vonderhaar, is quite possibly the most idiotic man the gaming industry has ever seen. There are a few select guns in the multiplayer that are entirely unbalanced and require little to no skill to use (generally speaking, the snipers, light machines guns, and a couple of shotguns). The latency is unbearable as the developers deliberately do nothing to fix it. "Let's released weapon camo DLC microtransactions instead of fixing the lag!"

The campaign isn't bad, nothing new.

However, the one redeeming factor about this game is its Zombies mode. It's a whole load of fun, and the development team for this game mode clearly put much more work into the game (yes, it's a different team) and genuinely care about their players. I highly recommend you play Zombies in this game at least once, as it is a stark contrast and a huge step up from the previous games.

Multiplayer: 1/10
    Campaign: 4/10
    Zombies: 8/10

Average, overall rating: 4/10
    It's important to remember that these three game modes are very different and you should not judge any of them based off of the others.
  15. Jul 17, 2014
    The Call of Duty series needs another refresh. I very much enjoyed the convoluted spy thriller / psychological drama that was "Black Ops". I did not enjoy the mess of the story in the sequel. When the game ended, I felt like vomiting, but you can't regurgitate memories.

Despite the future setting, the game play is familiar Call of Duty. Shoot waves of enemies until you get to the check point, hide until you health returns. They even added another "follow me while I whisper" psuedo stealth mission. Every use of future gear is brief, such as climbing gloves or a wing suit, and there is little sense that any of these gadgets provide any advantage in warfare or any advantage over current tech. One weapon, a gun with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls, stands out, but you can only use it in two missions.

The game further deepens the terribleness, with "Strike Missions". These RTS missions are tacked on and unfortunately necessary to achieve the "best" ending. (Though even the best ending will make you nauseous, I assure you). I have plenty of time wasters, I want to play a game with a narrative!

The biggest disappointment is the perfunctory multiplayer. How is the multiplayer any different than the prior 5 years worth of Call of Duty multiplayer? You have new maps and some new weapons, but everything else is exactly the same. Then of course the multiplayer experience for new players is hampered by the perks system. To keep a competitive advantage, you really have to buy the game on day one and keep playing it religiously until the next release, which you have to buy on day one. For anyone picking up the game later, like me, multiplayer is unbalanced and less fun. Plus, unless you buy a map pack, the few bundled maps become old rather quickly.

The best "Black Ops 2" has going for it is the high product value. The game plays well and multiplayer can be a fun experience. Some of the scenes are also memorable, just not enough of them for what should be the pinnacle of AAA shooters.
  16. Mar 6, 2014
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops II is my personal favorite game to ever exist. amazing graphics, tons of blood and gore, zombies, multiplayer and tons more! I could go on and on about how much I love this game, and yet you idiots give it a 0! If you like carnage and violence, play this game! Granted, it does have the same story as any other Call Of Duty game, but that doesn't matter! This oneCall Of Duty: Black Ops II is my personal favorite game to ever exist. amazing graphics, tons of blood and gore, zombies, multiplayer and tons more! I could go on and on about how much I love this game, and yet you idiots give it a 0! If you like carnage and violence, play this game! Granted, it does have the same story as any other Call Of Duty game, but that doesn't matter! This one allows you to do stuff like it was your choice whether to resist or shoot the guy in that 1900's mission. And at the end, you had a choice to capture Melendez, or blow his brains out! Expand
  17. May 27, 2014
    Decent gameplay, graphics and shoooting mechanics. Most people complain about COD being a repetitive franchise, and I agree with that. But actually I'm reviewing BO2, not other COD games and this one was good.
  18. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. my first call of duty game (that i have owned). at first i thought the campaign was to intense and disturbing i.e in the first mission you are in a jeep crash. the interior is on fire while also the driver of the jeep. i almost vomited it was so disturbing. in the second mission there is a cargo crate of dead bodies. BLECH! my cousins b-day was coming up so i gave it to him. worst mistake ive ever made. since i didnt have it, i decided to give it another try at my friends house. best. fps. EVAR! i played co-op with bots with him. i LOVED it. the following year, i got ghosts. i played it and got pretty good at cod. i decided to take on my friend. i OWNED him. he had 8 bots i had none and i STILL WON! i love CoD BLOPs 2! thx for making an amazing game Activision! Expand
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games. The campaign is amazing and the multiplayer is incredible. I thought the zombies maps could have been a little bit better. But all-in-all, it was still a great game.
  20. Aug 7, 2014
    I've given this game a low rating because it is basically just overpriced DLC content of the previous black ops, except for a few different sounds, and some different guns. The first black ops was also crap imo, so this one deserves to be lower rated
  21. Apr 16, 2014
    Black ops II isn't too bad. Campaign is boring, but you can still have some fun in multi player with friends, and just mess around there. The only part of this game that I really come back to is Zombies, which feels a lot more fast paced and fun compared to the other things. It isn't the best game ever, but its good if you want to play with friends.
  22. May 3, 2014
    you know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which isyou know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which is pretty cool. but that's about the only really interesting thing about this game, because I prefer multiplayer on older titles. Expand
  23. Jul 16, 2014
    This game (like everyone's trying to tell you) not the worst **** ever neither the best ****.It's in between.

The mechanics are solid and polished, The multiplayer is nice, and the zombies mode is almost flawless. For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer

For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer experience to be considered a good game, even though i agree %80 with that there is always something else needed in a game in order to make it a complex and well thought universe. And that subject is: A good story!. Have you ever seen the CoD universe as a deep world with it's own events and people? No you just played the multiplayer the moment you got it and played it for a year until the new version came out. It's a unstoppable loop hole of cash-whoring.

Granted the CoD universe was never had a rich story or a single player mode because that was put in the game only in order to satisfy a certain number of single player lovers and lore freaks (including myself) but it doesn't need to be this way, you can just wait one more year for the love of quality over quantity and make a rich story and a great multiplayer mode.

Now other than that, the voice acting and the sound effects are quite solid, the graphics are fine but the topic that i was shocked by was the physics they were in fact really good.

So i give this game a 7/10 because it is a 7/10 means a good, not great but good game in my book. I hope that the future titles get a lot better by story.
  24. Nov 10, 2014
    Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch.Even today as I write this review. Standing against all the other first person shooters of this and the next generation, Call of Duty: Black Ops II has so far been the best Call of Duty game I have ever played. Why? because It has the most innovative campaign to date with deep customisation and an open ended storyline. The co-op Zombies mode delivered but was disappointing at launch. However, the DLC made the zombies experience the best yet. Far better than extinction or exo survival. There in no need to go on about multiplayer. The game is legendary and always will be which is why it still has the most players online on last gen consoles. In my opinion, it definitely should be ported to the next gen consoles. Expand
  25. Nov 4, 2014
    wow this one of the best games EVER ignore the campagin mutiplayer is f ing awesome best thing in cod millions of levels so awesome im so happy xcited happy happy happy happy
  26. Jul 14, 2014
    This game is revolutionary for it features a campaign where your choices affect the story. The weapons are somewhat futuristic but more weapons which is better than having the same weapons. New perks and add ons. More zombies and zombie campaign is a nice new feature. I feel like zombies was the best thing about this game. Multiplayer was just right for me.
  27. Oct 21, 2014
    Awful game. People say this is better than Ghosts. Haha. Let's go through the laundry list of problems in this game. The assault shield: Remember how annoying head glitch in was in previous games? Well, Treyarch thought it'd be a good idea to make a portable headglitch that was just at eye level. This game is super camper friendly. Just take a look at the portable headglitch, the guardianAwful game. People say this is better than Ghosts. Haha. Let's go through the laundry list of problems in this game. The assault shield: Remember how annoying head glitch in was in previous games? Well, Treyarch thought it'd be a good idea to make a portable headglitch that was just at eye level. This game is super camper friendly. Just take a look at the portable headglitch, the guardian scorestreak, and trophy systems. Just look up "The Worm black ops 2" on YouTube. Every grenade is blocked by the trophy system. But no on to an even bigger problem: quickscoping. Everyone quickscopes. Why? BECAUSE IT TAKES NO SKILL. The aim assist is absurd. Just point the sniper in the direction of your enemy and you've got a kill. My friend, who has never played CoD in his life, managed to get a triple quickscope feed. It's that easy. Now, those are the big problems, but now I will list the rest: bad spawns, bad maps, c with fast hands, terrible scorestreaks, weak weapons, rage quitting, campers, R870, KAP 40, MSMC, and Nuketown/Hijacked. This game might as well be called Call of Duty: Nuketown Hijacked. I will give this game a 1 for the scorestreak system, otherwise it would receive a 0. Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2014
    When I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It'sWhen I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It's imaginative, and really fun, but it feels like they've overdone it with micro-transactions, which ruins it a bit. Overall, the game is good, but we've seen it too many times. Expand
  29. Jul 31, 2014
    Being the sequel of one of my favorite military shooters, it fails to do its older brother justice. It throws the good setting and plot of the first out the window, and turns it into Modern Warfare 4. The multiplayer is the same copy- paste thing as last year and years past, and the addictive zombies mode, (my favorite mode from Black Ops 1), is made too easy, and though it is okay, itBeing the sequel of one of my favorite military shooters, it fails to do its older brother justice. It throws the good setting and plot of the first out the window, and turns it into Modern Warfare 4. The multiplayer is the same copy- paste thing as last year and years past, and the addictive zombies mode, (my favorite mode from Black Ops 1), is made too easy, and though it is okay, it still can't justify its original $60 price tag. GET THE FIRST BLACK OPS INSTEAD! Expand
  30. Aug 16, 2014
    This game has a very easy gameplay, even in veteran. At the campaign, you always have to do the same thing at every mission (kill and run) and it's really boring. The multiplayer is almost the same thing that "Call of duty: Modern Warfare" 's and stills very easy to learn.
    I think that "Call of duty" would be a perfect game with dynamic maps, a harder gameplay (not just "kill and run") and a new game engine. I put 6 as score for only one reason: I had good experiences with my friends.

2. Jan 19, 2013