4.7

1. Nov 13, 2012
    I have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot moreI have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot more solid than previous installments, I have to admit the AI really messed the experience (specially on the strike missions) but other that and minor hiccups when it comes to story placement (understandable given the amount of years the game skipped forward after its predecessor) and game play inconsistencies. I have played the campaign already and for the first time in a long time I feel like I want to re-play a COD campaign again. By the time of this mini-review I have not yet play zombies, therefore my review will not include this part of the game. At 7:26 am today and after I had went through the whole campaign I jumped into multiplayer with the intention of play couple of matches and get a hint of the mode, the result ?; five more hours of shooting frenzy and red bull **** I felt very satisfied with the multiplayer mode, actually it feels refreshed when at the same time does not depart far from what the franchise made its name. Weapon design is super awesome and I really think they found the balance between our current reality and the possible technology we will be having in 2025. Somehow I felt that the game engine and mechanics shows similarities to the MW entries but of course with the Treyarch particular touch, but definitely there was an attempt to use some of the MW titles looks Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I think it's ridiculous how clear it is that many people giving this game such low scores have never even played the game before. I've been playing it for a few hours now and have been having a great time. I really enjoy the changes to zombies, and I like the new custom class system. They did what they were supposed to do. They improved upon an already fun game. There are very few gamesI think it's ridiculous how clear it is that many people giving this game such low scores have never even played the game before. I've been playing it for a few hours now and have been having a great time. I really enjoy the changes to zombies, and I like the new custom class system. They did what they were supposed to do. They improved upon an already fun game. There are very few games that actually deserve a review score of 0/10, and this certainly isn't one of them. This game isn't broken, it isn't unplayable, it isn't even boring. People just like to **** Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    As someone who was not a fan of MW3, BO2 does a lot of things right. Pick 10 leveling in multiplayer has made playing to prestige worth doing and allows a more customized experience online. The campaign is still fast and frantic now allowing custom loadouts and a not so linear story. You also compete for high score in campaign as well. Zombies was never really my thing but the new modesAs someone who was not a fan of MW3, BO2 does a lot of things right. Pick 10 leveling in multiplayer has made playing to prestige worth doing and allows a more customized experience online. The campaign is still fast and frantic now allowing custom loadouts and a not so linear story. You also compete for high score in campaign as well. Zombies was never really my thing but the new modes and gameplay make it far more interesting. Dont listen to many of the haters on here, I am a big BF3 and Halo player but I find Black Ops 2 is an extremely enjoyable experience. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    Alright, first of all there is no reason anyone would five this game less than a 7.0 unless they are trying to make a point about the degradation of game industry due to mega franchises like Call of Duty, Madden, or Assassins Creed putting out huge budget games every year. While I disagree that this holds back independent studios from making original titles, I can see how someone couldAlright, first of all there is no reason anyone would five this game less than a 7.0 unless they are trying to make a point about the degradation of game industry due to mega franchises like Call of Duty, Madden, or Assassins Creed putting out huge budget games every year. While I disagree that this holds back independent studios from making original titles, I can see how someone could believe this, and not all of the negative reviews are simply trolls, even though this will be prevalent for all Call of Duty games from now on, but this is just a fact of life and should not affect your view of the game. Now on to the game itself. Lets us start with the campaign. The length is comparable to that of the original Black Ops, expect to put between 7-10 hours into it, depending on the difficulty of which you play. Treyarch brought in the co-writer of the Dark Knight Rises to write the script, as many of you already know, and overall this is my favorite story in a Call of Duty game to date. While the story has the insane set pieces we all expect, I was surprised by the impact of the quieter moments, in particular Frank Woods helping us transition from the missions set in the 1980s to the futuristic warfare of 2025, all from his wheelchair in an old folks home. The villain is set up with a backstory that causes him to go all **** the world" crazy, and while this transition is little far fetched, ok maybe more than a little, it is nice to have a villain that we can sympathize with as a real human being, not just evil for the sake of evil *cough* Makorav *cough* One major hiccup is the strike force missions, which fell like a 99 cent RTS you would play on your iPhone. The squadrons you control clearly never saw Tropic Thunder, because they sure as hell go full retard in these tiresome missions. Choices that actually effect the way the story plays out add replay value, and a much needed kick to the on rails action of the previous titles.

+ Exhilarating set pieces complimented by smaller, more intimant moments.
    + Good villain.
    + Cool futuristic gadgets.
    + Best story to date for the franchise.
    + Multiple endings.
    - A little shorter than I was hoping.
    - Strike force missions
    - Some hard to believe jumps in the narrative.

Campaign - 8.5 Multiplayer is pretty much what you would expect with some welcome additions, if you enjoyed previous games multiplayer offering, you will like Black Ops IIs even better. There seems to be great gun balancing gives players a balanced playing field from the get-go , and colorful maps that are a nice change from the dirty snow and brown of the original Black Ops. Customizability is the core of Black Ops II multiplayer, and it works fantastically. You now have 10 points to spend on pretty much anything. Want to forgo a secondary weapon for a fourth perk? Want three attachments on your weapon and skip over grenades? All this is possible and more in the most robust and customizable multiplayer offering to date, not just of Call of Duty games, but of any FPS released on console in the last few years.

+Great gun and explosion sound effects.
    +Robust customizability. +Weapon balancing. + - High paced, twitch shooter mechanics.
    -If you don't like Call of Duty multiplayer, Black Ops II probably wont convert you.
    -Engine looks slightly outdated, but still runs silky smooth at 60 fps.

Multiplayer - 9.0

I know a lot of people are excited most for zombies. I have never really been a fan of it ever since the Nazis became undead in World at War, so I might not be the best to review this section of the game. One of my previous gripes was how long it took to get to rounds that were actually challenging and after playing a map 3 or 4 times I didn't want to grind through those early levels again. Black Ops II adds customization (I need a thesaurus, i know) to Zombies by allowing you to set options like headshots only, and what round you start on. This combined with Tranzit mode. It is not really a campaign as many expected, but it adds tons of vague hints of backstorys and hidden items to find that really propel this mode past the tiresome survival mode we are all used to, and many will still enjoy.

+Options to tailor the Zombie experience to your liking.
    +Tranzit mode adds depth we have not seen before.
    -Survival still gets boring after a few playthroughs, for me.
    -No true campaign or narrative.

Zombies - 7.5 Overall an amazing experience for any video gamer who has ever enjoyed any of the previous Call of Dutys, and a great place to start if you are looking to jump into the franchise. More content than any game this side of Halo 4 with an exhilarating campaign and a customizable multiplayer and zombie experience. While this game is far from perfect, and will most likely not sway anyone that is not a fan of the series, Black Ops II offers enough great content to keep someone (me) playing for months on end.

Overall - 8.75
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    Similar in appearance to its predecessor it shows a marked improvement in both graphics and game mechanics. The story mode seems compelling as with all the Treyarch games which is one thing the Modern Warfare games seem to lack. Zombie mode sees an improvement with a new game mode and still more of the same fun from the previous game. As usual the multiplayer is where the game trulySimilar in appearance to its predecessor it shows a marked improvement in both graphics and game mechanics. The story mode seems compelling as with all the Treyarch games which is one thing the Modern Warfare games seem to lack. Zombie mode sees an improvement with a new game mode and still more of the same fun from the previous game. As usual the multiplayer is where the game truly excels, new maps and slight variation to some of the familiar game modes, no doubt many hours can be lost in this especially when playing along side friends. There are a few negatives, the graphics are still not the best there is, although perhaps this is not what is important for a game like this, the spawn system on multiplayer is sometime frustrating and, perhaps to be expected, the servers have struggled with the amount of people online! All in all a marked improvement over Black Ops even if it is almost more of the same! Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Why the F***, people are giving this 0 beggars belief,i bet they will be online in the coming weeks. I aint a CoD fanboy (BF franchise), but i can see when improvements are made of the very lacklustre MW3, which imo, was the worst in the entire CoD Franchise, Graphics are not the best, but the gameplay shines in both Campaign and Multiplayer. GRATZ to TREYARCH on the best of CoD to date.
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    Rule #1 - you can't make a sound review of a game after only playing it for a few hours
    Rule #2 - half of these reviews are fake (ie. one user posting under multiple accounts)
    Rule #3 - before you start actually believing the 0 star reviews on this game, do the following. 1. Below the negative review, click "All this user's reviews" 2. Check to see if they rate COD games 0 out of 10

1. Below the negative review, click "All this user's reviews"
    2. Check to see if they rate COD games 0 out of 10 and Halo games 10 out of 10
    3. Check to see if this is their only review to date
    4. Check to see if they post the same review on every platform of the same game
    5. Check to see if their review is a re-write of another negative review

IF NONE OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA ARE MET, THEN POSSIBLY, JUST POSSIBLY, THEIR REVIEW SHOULD BE TAKEN IN TO CONSIDERATION!!!!!!! OTHERWISE, THEY ARE A TROLL!

I am really enjoying Black Ops 2 so far, but I can't say yet whether it will be fun in the long-term because I ONLY GOT IT YESTERDAY!
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    campaign is awesome and amazing,missions are same new and old,new guns are so handy and useful while the old ones are lovely still.new protagonists are believable and strong side with strong new enemies.story rounds you so many ways.sounds design is high and superb while graphic parts are a little better(we do not play COD for high-graphic,it is for smooth gameplay).
    multiplayer is so-so
    multiplayer is so-so to me,zombie mode is good to me still.
    new structures in MP-mode make the game better for players whom new on COD.
    one thing only bother me and that is the way you must replay the missions.i do not like new way,i prefere the old one.
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Black Ops II is one of the best games of this generation and is a true competitor for game of the year award in my books. Let's face it the game play is epic,the graphics is awesome,the entire game is just epic.From the first mission I knew I was going to enjoy playing it and so far I have not been let down a bit.Once again the Call of Duty franchise shows why it such a worldwideBlack Ops II is one of the best games of this generation and is a true competitor for game of the year award in my books. Let's face it the game play is epic,the graphics is awesome,the entire game is just epic.From the first mission I knew I was going to enjoy playing it and so far I have not been let down a bit.Once again the Call of Duty franchise shows why it such a worldwide phenomenon because it keeps on creating such awesome and epic games like Black Ops II and one thing is certain the Call of Duty games is going to get better and better Call of Duty:Black Ops II is truly worthy of a solid 10 out of 10 Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Reviews are biased, gameplay videos are not. All new games that are at least somewhat popular have gameplay footage on YouTube. In terms of Call of Duty, to not come across a video of its gameplay means that you are not connected to the internet. You can't hide from COD footage. It's everywhere. If you don't know whether to buy a game, no matter what game it is, watch videos of itsReviews are biased, gameplay videos are not. All new games that are at least somewhat popular have gameplay footage on YouTube. In terms of Call of Duty, to not come across a video of its gameplay means that you are not connected to the internet. You can't hide from COD footage. It's everywhere. If you don't know whether to buy a game, no matter what game it is, watch videos of its gameplay until you are honestly convinced that you want, or do not want, to possess it. It's that simple. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    I usually don't write reviews....in fact I don't ever write reviews. I have been of the opinion like many that CoD has had a great game struggling to push itself forward in any meaningful way. With Halo, coming out with a fresh feel, I really thought it would take the crown between the two games. After having played about 3 hours of Black Ops II, I am certain that I would take this overI usually don't write reviews....in fact I don't ever write reviews. I have been of the opinion like many that CoD has had a great game struggling to push itself forward in any meaningful way. With Halo, coming out with a fresh feel, I really thought it would take the crown between the two games. After having played about 3 hours of Black Ops II, I am certain that I would take this over Halo if I had to choose. I don't want to take anything away from what 343 did this year, because they truly did an incredible job under a huge microscope. Here though, is where I feel Black Ops wins out.

First, it has now become pretty exciting experimenting with the 10 slot load out....it's actually fun to experiment and take those classes into bot games even, just to see how they feel. You can get numerous different results with just one weapon....and the best part is that it is not complicated. Halo impressed me with its simplicity of load outs....CoD impressed me even more by giving us the option to dig deeper without adding confusion....you can tell they worked very hard on this.

Second, I find still that with Halo, everyone is going for the head, and it becomes a race to see who can break down the shield first. Some attributes do change this formula, but for the most part, people are running around with their Battle Rifle (or whatever basic primary weapon you prefer), and it becomes a race to hit the head and get trigger happy. CoD makes weapon exploration exciting and challenging, and your success will solely depend on how well you use the load out you created.

Finally, I am surprised nobody yet has talked about the incredible improvements to audio yet...the grenades just POUND in the earphones...if it's close by when it goes off, it will catch you by surprise. Halo also improved on their audio, but CoD REALLY needed change in their sound design. I think the mixing and recreation of the sound effects was simply superb.

I am glad to own both games, and when I say I would pick CoD over Halo, it means I pick with a slight edge. Xbox fans rejoice....you have two excellent games to put in your library. I for one really hope that both games can shake a bit of a monkey off their back, and that the majority of naysayers for either game will go hide in their cave if they can't see the effort put into both of these titles this year. Infinity Ward REALLY has their work cut out for them.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    I am surprised, after whatever the hell MW3 was, treyarch has delivered an excellent COD game. There is a great campaign in this and some nice multiplayer maps to boot. They may of gone a new path with the zombies maps, but that doesn't mean they are bad, classic zombies though, has lost its touch, but the new transzit map is very large and very fun with friends. Best Call of Duty I'veI am surprised, after whatever the hell MW3 was, treyarch has delivered an excellent COD game. There is a great campaign in this and some nice multiplayer maps to boot. They may of gone a new path with the zombies maps, but that doesn't mean they are bad, classic zombies though, has lost its touch, but the new transzit map is very large and very fun with friends. Best Call of Duty I've seen in a while. Expand
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is a new innovated experience in the Call of Duty franchise. Black Ops 2 is set in a near future where technology has become the new war with mechs and remote controlled quad-rotors with mini-guns attached to them. The Campaign has more replayability with choices, create a class setups and challenges for unlockable equipment, perks, and weapons. Multiplayer also had a redo ofBlack Ops 2 is a new innovated experience in the Call of Duty franchise. Black Ops 2 is set in a near future where technology has become the new war with mechs and remote controlled quad-rotors with mini-guns attached to them. The Campaign has more replayability with choices, create a class setups and challenges for unlockable equipment, perks, and weapons. Multiplayer also had a redo of adding a pick 10 system to have 10 items as a class setup adding a bit of strategy and thinking to the classes which was a welcome change to me and a few others. so with all that is brought to the plate i hope other call of duty's follow this and make it better and bring call of duty to a better game than the repetitive crap we've had. this was a great game and very fun to play and made you pay attention to detail for the best endings. Expand
  14. Jun 11, 2013
    Black Ops 2 was a very good game the campaign was good but the multiplayer is fantastic the fast paced gameplay, the guns are great, the maps are very good and even the dlc is good just a fantastic game.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    ok people are probably going to tear me apart for this and this is coming from someone who has taken dumps on the series and absolutely HATED MW3 but i have to come out and say it. Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 is an awesome game. I ADMIT IT! I LIKE BLACK OPS 2. don't kill me.
    pros: solid shooting, story is actually pretty interesting with some surprise twists, Menedez is both intimidating and sympathetic (when Farid goes undercover i felt nervous being so close to Menedez but at the same time I understand why he is doing this and feel kind of sorry for him) addictive multiplayer, zombies mode, cool unlocks, the first two strike missions, movie like voice acting, Michael Rookers in it,actual replay ability
    cons: story can be confusing at times (as in why did we kill him i thought he was on our side) as usual lack of innovation, the last two strike missions, strike force companion AI, enemy AI can still be dumb (but way less then MW3) not very fun when the cool unlocks are used on you is it
  16. Nov 17, 2014
    Every year a new Call of Duty releases. Every year they sell over 20 million copies and break new records. Every year they receive their fair share of haters and naysayers, but the next year those same people will buy it again. While COD has only recently innovated in Advanced Warfare (7 years after the most revolutionary title in the series, Modern Warfare), each entry is fun and worth aEvery year a new Call of Duty releases. Every year they sell over 20 million copies and break new records. Every year they receive their fair share of haters and naysayers, but the next year those same people will buy it again. While COD has only recently innovated in Advanced Warfare (7 years after the most revolutionary title in the series, Modern Warfare), each entry is fun and worth a play- even if we get a dud here and there like with last year's Ghosts. In my opinion though, no title has been anywhere near as good as the game I am currently reviewing- Black Ops II. It is easily the best game in the entire series and is one of my favourite games. Why? Well there are three reasons- the multilayered campaign, the addictive multiplayer and the ever amazing Zombies mode...

Let's start with the multiplayer. The standard levelling and progression systems remain, but it isn't like they need an overhaul. However, this time better bonuses and unlockables can be acquired and the amount of content is still staggering. However, it is never overwhelming due to a user friendly interface and layout. New modes are also featured, with Hardpoint being a fairly good option for a few games. The new maps are just as memorable as that of the first as well. A map set at a rocket base, a map within a Hollywood mansion, a map within a cruise ship... Nuketown returns as a free DLC with its own 2025 makeover as well! The design of the maps is inspired and while you will spend most of your time running around and shooting people, Easter Eggs are hidden within each location as well. You can play a game of basketball on Raid or find Batman on Hijacked... The work within these maps is staggering. Of course, there is still plenty of innovation at work with a new Scorestreak system that encourages you to help your team and complete objectives so that you can earn UAVs, Care Packages or even Chopper Gunners. I like this new system and Create A Class has managed to advance a lot by taking things away- particularly the amount of stuff you can take. You can pick 10 slots, whether it be perks, weapons or attachments and while this option can be changed offline, it encourages you to think when playing online. Speaking of offline, it is still worth playing locally for a few hours if you're in the mood for some brainless fun with friends. Multiplayer is the go to mode for this game, just like it is with every COD, but the campaign is finally amazing...

The real innovation in the story for this game is that it lets you pick how the narrative plays out. There are only three major choices to take, with the smaller ones only changing a few cutscenes or lines of dialogue. However, these three choices lead to separate endings that will dramatically affect the outcome of the characters. I love this style of decisions that aren't apparent and that will subtly change the game originally, before completely ripping it apart. As for the story, well, it's excellent! Starting off in the 1980s, it charts a personal story throughout the Mason family. Raul Menendez is one of the most sympathetic villains in COD history and is easily the best. He has a large story arc and you spend a whole level as him just to see what it's like in his shoes. He was a key villain throughout the early Cold War and now he wishes to begin a new one decades later in the near future setting of 2025. Of course Alex has a son and his youngster, David, is there to stop his father's old foe. Familiar faces return like Woods and Reznov and they provide exposition to the story, but also enhance it in a great manner. Surprisingly, there is an emotional depth and an amount of gravitas in this story that has never been seen in COD and that is what makes this campaign stick out.

Of course, enough innovation has been provided so that this campaign is the most varied and advanced in the history of the franchise. You now have the option to pick your loadouts before missions and collectibles actually have an impact on the narrative. There are also real-time strategy missions that see you directing squads and jumping between soldiers, trying to attack or defend or a point. They also change the outcome of your campaign and remain for a limited time so you really have to jump into them straight away. Along with this, the set pieces are bigger and better than ever. An opening boat chase, a drone run through the streets and an infiltration mission on a futuristic resort... COD is still the Micheal Bay of games.

Along with this, the beloved Zombies mode returns with a new open world "Tranzit" design that fleshes out the narrative, provides a new boss and puts you in the roles of likeable new characters. There are also smaller maps and more modes and the new guns and perks are appreciated. I've always liked Zombies and while the DLC maps are way better, the base ones are still worth a play.

BLOPSII is awesome and is my favourite Call of Duty. The campaign, the online, the Zombies...play it!
  17. Feb 26, 2015
    black ops 2 is my personal favorite and is still played now in 2015 it must be doing something right as it is enjoyed by most people that have played it loved it and still do it was just a overall amazing game i would honestly recomend this to everyone it is probibly the best game
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    This crying about COD got me buying COD games. Thanks. Bought BO2 and love it. Do me a favor, complain some more about the next game. I get to buy another great game and listen to you cry with envy.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    By far the best COD in the series. From a multiplayer standpoint (Domination and Kill Confirmed). This game has improved graphics, sound, and an overall polish I haven't really seen in a COD game. This is the one that is truly fun and exciting to play. Unfortunately MetaCritic is being pounded by the trolls. I will say I have played many FPS shooters Battlefield 3, MOH, all of theBy far the best COD in the series. From a multiplayer standpoint (Domination and Kill Confirmed). This game has improved graphics, sound, and an overall polish I haven't really seen in a COD game. This is the one that is truly fun and exciting to play. Unfortunately MetaCritic is being pounded by the trolls. I will say I have played many FPS shooters Battlefield 3, MOH, all of the CODs this is a very well put together game. All games have their strong and weak points but from a COD standpoint this puts the shame on MW3. Very pleased with my purchase... haven't been this excited about a COD game since MW2. If you like any of the COD games and enjoy multiplayer this is a game to have in your library. Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    If you want a to se scores of serious reviewers, and not trolls like these that gives **** rating despite the fact that they haven't even played the game. Watch all the mixed/positive user reviews that is from the score

7-8.

All the rating below are made by trolls that constantly says that they have played the game but not.
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    Hi guys. I want to shed a ray of light in this otherwise sea of red. I don't know why there are so many negative reviews, but they all seem extremely suspect to me with very generic comments. I think this game is getting trolled by people who simply enjoy hating on Call of Duty. It's a computer game guys - have fun!

Frankly, Treyarch should be given an award for creating such an

Frankly, Treyarch should be given an award for creating such an incredible, complete and well-rounded gaming experience. I'm not a huge fan of single-player campaigns but this was awesome. Zombies is an incredible game within itself. Finally, multiplayer is the most fun experience you'll have online provided you can let go of your ego and just have a blast - especially with friends. If you're the type of guy to buy an online shooter and give up after five minutes because you got a negative K/D ratio then stay away from this game. It'll take time to learn but once it clicks, like I said this will be the most fun you'll have in any game online.

I'm a hardcore BF3 fanboy and I still love that game. I also enjoyed MW3 to a lesser extent. Black Ops 2 however is a step up from all previous CoDs and well worth the investment of ANY fps fan. It's an arcade shooter with fast non-stop action in beautiful 60 frames-per-second (and you'd be surprised what an awesome difference that makes). When I say fast, I mean the whole experience - You can wait a few minutes to get into a Halo 4 match online and even Battlefield takes a while to load, but with Blops 2 you can be in a match within thirty seconds of loading the game.

If you're not going to give this game a proper chance, then don't even bother picking it up. But if you're looking to have an extremely exciting, fun and incredible online experience and you're willing to stick it through to max level, pick this up and I guarantee you'll love it!
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    Black ops 2 is probably the best cod I have ever played. I dont understand why little kids and rage quitters are talking complete b.s. about this game. You suck so get over it. The story is flat out awesome and that doesn't even include the multiplayer. Online is great and zombies has gone to a new level! All hardcore cod fans need to play this game.
  23. Nov 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the best games ever made I love this game because it is always fun and the graphics are extremely realistic It's AWESOME!!!!!!!! AND COOL!!!!!!! Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2012
    I actually think this game is much different and more enjoyable online. The smaller maps make it an all out war. Its not always about graphics people. In my opinion the game feels really sharp and the frame rate on the ps3 is amazing. It deserves an 8 but people were unfairly grading it expecting something different.
  25. Nov 18, 2012
    I give this game 9 but so much users give this game bad score.before MW 3 I think COD it gone,but Black Ops this is new page in this series,campaning give emotions like in first MW.Story very cool,especially for COD.Zombies very cool bonus and multyplayer good.In this game really good soundtrack!Peoples this game one of the candidates on GOTY.This my opinion.
  26. DME
    Dec 28, 2012
    Yes, it's similar to past Call of Duty games. But what do you expect... disco dancing and magic abilities? The [[CAMPAIGN]] provides varied gameplay with some really cool surprises such as flying a fighter jet and fighting enemies with cloaking abilities. The story is narrated much better than the original Black Ops and the villain character was 'painted' very well. By the end of the game,Yes, it's similar to past Call of Duty games. But what do you expect... disco dancing and magic abilities? The [[CAMPAIGN]] provides varied gameplay with some really cool surprises such as flying a fighter jet and fighting enemies with cloaking abilities. The story is narrated much better than the original Black Ops and the villain character was 'painted' very well. By the end of the game, you really want that guy dead. The branching storylines are a fresh addition but do very little to affect the gameplay. The choices you make only really seem to affect cutscenes and dialogue. There's also optional Strike Force missions, which are basically tower defense games in their nature. They are hit and miss. While they can be fun, the A.I. is awful and controls are very difficult to learn. Moving on to the [[MULTIPLAYER]]. Maps are designed very well and offer playstyles of all sorts. The maps are much smaller in comparison to previous COD games, which some may not like. The new Create-A-Class system is genius. I would hate to see future COD games trash this idea. Scorestreaks are a much needed improvement over the past killstreaks system. Everything in general just feels incredibly balanced. There's also a new handful of gadgets such as electric mines, a PDA, and a sight that allows you to see enemies through walls (not overpowered, so don't worry). The perks aren't changed much, except for the fact that Ghost got downgraded (thank you, Treyarch) and you no longer need to acquire "pro' versions. You can level up weapons like in MW3, but this time you get to keep their ranks after prestiging. There's also plenty of other subtle improvements that really make the game more enjoyable. Panic-Knifing is near impossible now. But to make up for that, you have access to a Combat Knife that you have to draw before using, but it has longer range and much better accuracy. The new "unlock tokens" system is surprisingly better than the original Black Ops's currency system. Anyway, if there's anything negative to say about the multiplayer, it would be this: Spawn system is worse than ever. Expect lots of spawn-trapping and killing. That's really it. Some people would attack this game because of it's "Lag Compensation" (a misleading term) but those people don't have any idea what they're talking about. There's literally no possible way to just do away with lag, because everyone plays with different internet. You can't fix that. So stop complaining. Moving on to [[ZOMBIES]]... The zombies mode made some drastic changes that will do its best to confuse the crap out of you when you first start it up. The new menu is definitely not friendly to new Black Ops 2 players. The survival maps are incredibly small when compared to that of the original Black Ops, but to compensate, you have two new game modes. Grief mode is a fun 4v4 competitive zombie game that actually gives reason to play online. It's unfortunate, however, that besides knifing other players, there's not a lot of interactivity. It just feels like an 8-player clutter-fest. Tranzit is a very cool mode in which you use a bus to travel to different locations on a huge map. There's lots of hidden secrets in it making it the best zombies mode to play. But after I've played it enough, I can't help but wish they would bring back the large Survival maps. In [[CONCLUSION]], Black Ops 2 is (in my opinion) the best and most complete Call of Duty game yet. Besides a few issues here and there, it's widely improved and more enjoyable than ever. Rather than focusing on making drastic changes, Treyarch focused on making tons of smaller changes that really ended up making a huge difference. Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    We all know how CoD works. I don't see why anyone would be disappointed in a game that has surpassed the previous CoD. This game is very well balanced and accepts any style of play. So, no, it isn't anything completely different. But what can one expect from Call of Duty? I give this a high score because of the effort put into it and the balance of the multiplayer.
  28. Nov 16, 2012
    Some people must be looking for a earth shattering new experience. We all know it's not going to be so stop getting your hopes up. Not ground breaking, but great none the less. I like the MW series much better, but definitely some great additions to the game all around. The new "pick 10 system" is awesome. I like the new attachments like the enemy finder and stuff. It's fun, and that'sSome people must be looking for a earth shattering new experience. We all know it's not going to be so stop getting your hopes up. Not ground breaking, but great none the less. I like the MW series much better, but definitely some great additions to the game all around. The new "pick 10 system" is awesome. I like the new attachments like the enemy finder and stuff. It's fun, and that's what I score on. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2012
    This is the best COD since the first!!! The campaign is longer and allows replay with differents ends! The multiplayer is very comprehensive: fifteen maps and many game modes!!! A great game despite what the "anti-cod" can say!!!
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    I believe that Call Of Duty Black ops 2 is the best Call Of Duty to date especially the mechanics. i especially like the new class system and who can forget the zombies. I think zombies is absolute flawless because they have really reinvented the mode and it has worked well
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself.Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself. See the rest of you guys online! Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013