4.7

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Okay, I'm a hater of CoD myself, but I'm gonna be honest with you. CoD is all about multiplayer, the setting is kinda cool I guess, but Activision really needs to improve, MW3 was terrible, but this is just meh, not worth hatred, not worth a 10/10. Activision really needs to improve
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    I give it a zero for the fact that no major changes were made to the game besides the new killstreak system.There is almost no reason to buy this game other than saying you got the new COD. When in reality if you had MW3 in your collection you don't need this.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    I believe that Call Of Duty Black ops 2 is the best Call Of Duty to date especially the mechanics. i especially like the new class system and who can forget the zombies. I think zombies is absolute flawless because they have really reinvented the mode and it has worked well
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    What game are you people playing? I cannot believe all the negative reviews, I think people just enjoy bashing COD, Activision and anything to do with it. As an employee, I have a little bias towards ATVI, however I still play the games with the same amountof skepticism.

Anyway, the game plays great. Graphics are fluid, sounds have been improved, Zombies has more depth, Multiplayer is consistent, and the campaign has been boosted 10 fold. I really don't get how HALO 4 had better reviews? You want same ol' same ol', go buy Halo, and stop trying to jump around in COD, it just gets you shot below the belt.
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    I am giving this a ten only to counteract all of the unfair zeroes this game is getting from fanboys. The game really deserves an 8, primarily because you can only make so many changes to a tried and true formula before it stagnates, which is very close to happening with the current generation of Call of Duty games.

I have been playing the franchise since Modern Warfare and have only

I have been playing the franchise since Modern Warfare and have only skipped MW3 since then. After playing Battlefield 3 since it was released I welcome the fast paced insanity that is COD multiplayer. The multiplayer has been tweaked and balanced better than any COD game since Modern Warfare. The level design is awesome with tons of great routes to run and few spots for campers to do their thing. The pick ten system for create a class is an awesome remedy to the overpowered load outs of yore. The changes to zombies is also a change I welcome with open arms. By the end of Black Ops 2's life cycle the zombie mode was starting to get a little too diluted for my liking and had drifted too far from the original gameplay that captured all of us in WAW. Overall, the game has only been out for just over a day and it is ludicrous that someone would log on to metacritic and give this game a zero. It devalues this website's credibility and the reviewer's past, current and future activity on this website. The bottom line is that Treyarch really put forth the time and effort to create a great game and continue Call of Duty's reputation as one of the top dogs of modern shooters.
  6. Dec 5, 2012
    the probleme with cod is that they keep trying to perfect their original product (cod4) rather then make a new one...most of the changes that they make from 1 cod to another is put a new skin on top of it and fix what the community didint like in the other one,basicly a patch... each time they tweek the product for what the community asks for it still manages to make the game worsethe probleme with cod is that they keep trying to perfect their original product (cod4) rather then make a new one...most of the changes that they make from 1 cod to another is put a new skin on top of it and fix what the community didint like in the other one,basicly a patch... each time they tweek the product for what the community asks for it still manages to make the game worse and feals almost no different to previous ones. R.I.P cod just like guitar hero and tony hawk. **** U ACTIVISION Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    The dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last greatThe dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last great Call of Duty was Modern Warfare 2, and since them fans have been slowly exposed to a dying series that will eventually be a parody of itself. The core of Black Ops 2 multiplayer is broken because it doesn't not deal with fundamental aspects of fun and gameplay. The maps are chicken scratch attempts at creating an adrenaline fueled rat maze with no sense of intelligent direction. The spawns are absolutely horrid: spawn can often be a throw of the dice to see whether you manage to live or die. Finally, the lag in this game is still at a lower level than the MW1 and MW2 variations, the lag still puts you into that situations where you thought you had the jump on a guy, but the killcam reveals that you didn't even pull up your gun. Without addressing these core issues, the series is slowly withering away its hardcore fans, and eventually the rest of the community will start to catch on. Treyarch is a shady mom and pop used car sales lot who will praise the paint, but refuse to fix the engine.

If the gun classes were balanced, the online gameplay fixed, and the maps completely redesigned with strong team deathmatch gameplay I would be inclined to give this game at least an 8 or a 9.
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Decent story and a good multiplayer!!! People just hate cause they don't like the COD franchise . You don't need to give a game 0 cause you are on the hate train!!!!!!!!
  9. Nov 14, 2012
    I wasn't expecting much, but I expected too much. The graphics would have been good, for 3 years ago. The campaign is weak like always and the Multiplayer is nothing new. Even the zombies, the one reason I had faith has been ruined. Tranzit is fun, but that's all there really is. Nobody in there right mind could possibly like this game.
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    Boring! MP is complete garbage,zombies is the same and the campaign is meh at best. I have been a huge fan of the series but now i'm done! The fun factor doesn't exist in this game.
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buyingThis is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buying this because you've already played it. Do not get it, it's glitchy, stupid and boring. Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2012
    I've got so many problems with this game I don't know where to start.

I've got so many problems with this game I don't know where to start.

Campaign. I've played up to the mission where you are leading an assault on horseback against helicopters. Are you serious? What is this crap? Multiplayer. This is the worst FPS multiplayer I have ever played. The guns are too easy to use, all that is gonna happen is you are going to explode multiple times. The snipers aren't worth using, the maps are too cluttered that you'd be more surprised to not die whenever you turn a corner. And zombies. What the hell did Treyarch do to zombies? This isn't fun. Go into the fog, and you get attacked by zombie monkey things that climb on your head like the Jockey from Left 4 Dead 2 and claw you until you die.
  13. Nov 17, 2012
    I've been incredibly critical of the Call of Duty franchise in the past but BO2 is a massive step in the right direction.

But after the pitiful attempt last year with MW3, the only way was up, right? Treyarch have tweaked the mechanics of the game to the point whereby it has become the best of what it can possibly be. Now I understand it may not be everyones cup of tea, but those individuals need to ask themselves a serious question. And that questions is, if they no longer enjoy the core mechanics and the gameplay then why do they continue to purchase CoD and waste their money annually? Call of Duty is Call of Duty. It has ALWAYS been Call of Duty and it will ALWAYS BE Call of Duty. Like it for what it is, not for what you want it to be because guess what, if developers retract too much from what it is, then it becomes something different. It becomes something other than Call of Duty. I can't understand why it doesn't register with people the fact that Madden never changes from year to year, why NBA games never change from year to year or why Hockey games never change from year to year but have no qualms about negatively mentioning a CoD game. What exactly do these people want Call of Duty to be? I'm not sure but it definitely isn't Call of Duty. Take the sports games I mentioned, players throwing a ball around a green pitch, or players bouncing a ball around a court or skaters passing a pug around an ice-rink - what should the developers do to these games....perhaps throw in dinosaurs and wizards? Of course not, that would be absurd. So why not use the same logic to Call of Duty?

I think the negative peoples' gripe is not with the developers of the franchise, it's with themselves. The people acting negatively or showing CoD in a bad light are not frustrated with Treyarch for the game they made. The problem with them, is that they refuse to see that BO2 as well as CoD's that went before it - is not a NEW game. It is nothing new. We have to realise (as I am fully aware of when I hand my money over every 12 months) that we are not buying a brand new game. What we're purchasing is an updated version of mechanics that work. BO2 is not a new game and MW3 certainly wasn't a new game. We've been playing these games for the last five years minimum. This is what Call of Duty is and it's high time people realised it.

If they feel bored after the fact that they've played this game for the last five years, perhaps it's time to move on?! There is a whole world of video games out there and perhaps now, having received all you're going to get out of Call of Duty as a franchise, would be better accommodated in new companies products. BO2 is a welcomed evolution of a lagging series. MW3 as far as I'm concerned was such a wasted year in the franchises history that anything that isn't MW3 should be applauded and celebrated.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst COD ever, worst kill-streaks ever, and you only get 1 killstreak (scorestreak) for all of your classes. Assault rifles are a joke, the handguns kill more than them. No pro perks, what you see is what you get.....
    Sounds: All the guns sound the same, footsteps sound fake and are really loud, even when you use dead silence. Connection: (when you enter a game) Incomparable lag compensation issues, you can fire a whole clip in an enemy, he will kill you with 2 bullets, and looking at the killcam your character won't have even fired on shot. Not to mention that you will spend more time in the lobby than actually playing. If you want an "almost decent connection" you will have to spend 60% of the time in lobbies (on PS3). The hit detection is a joke, it was bad in BO1 but this one is even worse. Weapons: have the weirdest name (Like PDW 47 WTF is that????), and beside the MP7 none of them are real, seems that Treyarch wanted to cut costs (as well) on license names.
    The graphics don't look real, they look like a HALO, or a cheap Scifi shooter Game, full of unlikely colors.
    Back to MW3, and will wait for MW4. Don't throw your money away.
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

There is absolutely no fun at all. I've played MW2 and Black OPS, it's really getting worst. Wish I didn't follow my friend and loose my money for something that don't deserve it. I mean, I could have help a kickstart project with the money instead of giving it to greedy monster corp. There is no excuse for the lack of graphics quality, the small maps with no inspirations and the lack of "smooth" actions. If you're a fan of COD and keep saying "well, it always been like that" well guess what, little studio with no budget do better now. You've been kick in the nuts. Buy anything else like harry potter games or kinect games you'll have more fun. Eck ! Go outside see the light.

Don't buy that **** whatever your fan COD friend says. Don't help them make money.
  16. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a fantastic game. After the trash that was shoveled last year with MW3 this is a welcome return to the fantastic multiplayer action known from the COD series. I've talked with many fellow gamers who have played many COD titles and hated MW3 like I did. Sales for Blops 2 are down 20% probably because so many people were burned by MW3 and they are gun shy to get it. If you loveThis is a fantastic game. After the trash that was shoveled last year with MW3 this is a welcome return to the fantastic multiplayer action known from the COD series. I've talked with many fellow gamers who have played many COD titles and hated MW3 like I did. Sales for Blops 2 are down 20% probably because so many people were burned by MW3 and they are gun shy to get it. If you love fps multiplayer. GET THIS GAME. I've played all the big FPS's since 2000 and this game is one of the best I've ever played. It's different but as good as BF3, it's better then MOH warfighter, it's better then Blops 1, and it makes MW3 feel like a first gen xbox release. The pick 10 system is fantastic, the weapons are great, and unlike MW3 you can actually use an assault rifle and not feel like your character is pulling his assault rifle up through cold honey. Expand
  17. Jun 16, 2013
    I gave the game an 8 for the multiplayer alone. I still haven't finished the single player, it was boring. And I completely hated the RTS alternate mission. They had no place in a FPS. But the multiplayer... the point system is pure genius. Finally a developer listened and brought back on of the best features of the original title: custom games with bots.I refuse to play with randomI gave the game an 8 for the multiplayer alone. I still haven't finished the single player, it was boring. And I completely hated the RTS alternate mission. They had no place in a FPS. But the multiplayer... the point system is pure genius. Finally a developer listened and brought back on of the best features of the original title: custom games with bots.I refuse to play with random idiot/racist/homophobic/sexist preteens on XBL anymore, yet it's rare that all my friends can find the time to game together. It's nice to have bots to fill out the teams. And like the original Halo, the level designers took extreme pride in giving us amazing well thought out levels. Usually I love one or two maps and hate the rest. While I do have a couple of favorites, I was surprised to fine myself liking all of the maps. Zombies have been revamped a bit with the addition of an easy mode (which isn't all that easy), but they are still completely unplayable solo. I would love to see a much easier easy mode (sometimes you just want to mindlessly kill zombies for hours stress free), and maybe an ammo station in the easy mode. Also the option to have the revive cola station set to infinate (it disappears after three uses) It's quite frustrating to get your face weapons from the drop box, upgrade them with the pack-a-punch, only to run out of ammo. them with zombies closing in you hit up the drop box, only to get completely screwed over with knife, or grenade launcher. Then the zombies kill you. But overall a great game, one I'll keep and play for years. Maybe I'll even get around to finishing the single player campaign. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2012
    Bought it on the cheap to play through the campaign. I have to admit, after playing all recent CoD games since CoD 2, this is my favorite campaign. It features some really tough (albeit linear) choices, but they offer plenty of incentive to play the impressive and dramatic campaign. The villain is fleshed out really well this time around, and has plenty of personality as compared toBought it on the cheap to play through the campaign. I have to admit, after playing all recent CoD games since CoD 2, this is my favorite campaign. It features some really tough (albeit linear) choices, but they offer plenty of incentive to play the impressive and dramatic campaign. The villain is fleshed out really well this time around, and has plenty of personality as compared to past CoD villains. There are 3 or 4 really memorable missions, mainly accentuated by incredible set pieces or an incredible plot twist. Yes, the campaign is very good and requires a bit of brainpower to put together all of the relationships between characters and the multiple timelines. Strike Force missions, which break up the story mode, are both a success and major failure. The missions themselves are really interesting and it is incredible how they worked them into the overall story of the main game, yet playing them is a different story. AI in these missions is really touch and go, in which you either have to baby the squads through the map or just go completely Rambo and take down everything. The RTS element is really exciting, and I can see it working really well; but as it stands they are frustrating and unfun missions with incredibly spotty AI...all I really wanted to do is continue the stellar story. Multiplayer is still a love it or hate it affair. It does little to alter the formula, although the pick 10 system is quite ingenious and surprisingly well balanced. Never been a fan of Zombies, but Tranzit is fun, yet the zombie formula has been done before. I'm really hoping to see a huge leap in CoD because, deep down, I really do like the series. Blops 2 is less of a major step forward and more of a major refinement of the series, which is to be expected. Blops 2 is solid - excellent campaign, same old multiplayer, and stale Zombies - yet it doesn't wow or blow away expectations in all of its departments to truly create a stand out experience. 8 Expand
  19. Nov 14, 2012
    When I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almostWhen I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almost thought I was just playing an awful map pack. It might be okay if the maps were well structered, but no, they are just awful and invite camping and cheap tactics. Zombies is the only thing I can say anything good about. It will keep you for a little while, but soon, and quickly, will get boring. I wish Black ops 2 was better, at the same time, I had wished, previous Call of Dutys had been better. Call of duty is just a cash cow now. Don't waste your money. Expand
  20. Nov 28, 2012
    All of these negative reviews are actually pretty funny. Most of them are written the day the game was released and I have seen a few people write a review for BO2 on multiple platforms. There all obviously fake. Who pre-orders a game and gets it the day of release and then rates it a 0? Plus, they're all the same thing, "Can't believe I spent $60" and "its the same game." Very few of theAll of these negative reviews are actually pretty funny. Most of them are written the day the game was released and I have seen a few people write a review for BO2 on multiple platforms. There all obviously fake. Who pre-orders a game and gets it the day of release and then rates it a 0? Plus, they're all the same thing, "Can't believe I spent $60" and "its the same game." Very few of the negative reviews are actually believable. I personally think this is one of the best CoDs since CoD 4 and am rating it a 10. Also, how in the world was this game rated worse than MW3 by the critics? MW3 offered almost no innovation and BO2 has the most since CoD 4. Just wondering how that happened? Expand
  21. Nov 29, 2012
    I hated MW3. Everytime i heard someone mention COD I proudly explained i was done with that game, and would never buy another. Black Ops 2 made me eat my words. The first black ops was decent, but treyarch was trying to put a different style on the game. Since Infinity Ward lost the creators of COD (along with 2/3 of the studio who followed them to Respawn Studios) treyarch wasn't afraidI hated MW3. Everytime i heard someone mention COD I proudly explained i was done with that game, and would never buy another. Black Ops 2 made me eat my words. The first black ops was decent, but treyarch was trying to put a different style on the game. Since Infinity Ward lost the creators of COD (along with 2/3 of the studio who followed them to Respawn Studios) treyarch wasn't afraid this rime to embrace the good things MW got right, and they knocked it out of the park. They brought it back to the gunplay. The perks are balanced perfectly and never feel like MW2 where there were so many bots flying around that it hurt the gameplay. The maps are all very well designed and interesting, something i think MW3 completely missed. Theres no game-breaking perks like one man army, or the MOAB, and they FINALLY made killstreaks SCOREstreaks, so when I'm running to get objectives i can finally rack up some rewards. Speaking of scorestreaks, there is such a variety in this game that matches never feel the same like previous COD games. In 20 hours of play I've only had dogs called once, and the HK storm once. It's not like MW2 where some 12 year old and a friend are teaming up just so they can cheat-win a nuke every couple games. They didn't reinvent the wheel for black ops 2, they just made the best COD thats come out since the 1st Modern Warfare. Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    10/10. I have owned every call of duty since the original modern warfare. This is the best cod game to date and ill tell you why.

Up to black ops 2, the original call of duty modern warfare was the best, modern warfare 3 being the worst. Honestly I was very hesitant in buying black ops 2 because modern warfare 3 was awful. I find it funny people criticize others for jumping on the

Honestly I was very hesitant in buying black ops 2 because modern warfare 3 was awful. I find it funny people criticize others for jumping on the cod bandwagon every year but then haters give the game a review without 0 score review without even playing it! You are the one in a bandwagon!

Here's why Black Ops 2 multiplayer is the best:
    -Best graphics
    -AMAZING gun sound effects
    -Intuitive and easy to use menus/options
    -Best map designs (opposite of MW3's maps)
    -Better gun balance than even MW3
    -Customization (32 layer playercard, camo on knives, ect)
    -Pick 10 system lets you be any type of player you want -Tough restrictions on hackers (permanent IP ban)
    -Zombies mode is a blast. My GF hates video games but plays this with me
    -TONS of new weapons attachments (pick 10 system lets you have 3 on primary)
    -Prestige mode does not reset weapons
    -league play actually ranks you against players of your skill level
    -COD tv gives you way more opportunities to get sponsored
    -in depth stat tracking right from the game

Overall it's just fun! It's a game that I love playing and honestly don't care if people don't like it
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    just awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make somejust awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make some effort! At least MW3 was playable. Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2012
    This time around I believe Treyarch has come out of the shadows of Infinity Ward. They deserve great COD fan respect and the highest accolades ever for the well thought out fine tuning they have brought us with COD Black Ops II. It is incredibly fun to play, most especially the multiplayer. It's the best COD multiplayer experience to date and one big reason why is the refinement of theThis time around I believe Treyarch has come out of the shadows of Infinity Ward. They deserve great COD fan respect and the highest accolades ever for the well thought out fine tuning they have brought us with COD Black Ops II. It is incredibly fun to play, most especially the multiplayer. It's the best COD multiplayer experience to date and one big reason why is the refinement of the perk system and the emphasis on teamwork and it's relation to gaining xp, scoring higher, and winning matches. This makes the objective based mp games better than ever. The realistic graphics beautifully go beyond what I thought was possible for the Xbox 360 to handle. Splendid job Treyarch! Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2012
    Why the hell is the user score for this game so low, if you guys dont like call of duty anymore then dont buy it. The fact is this game sold millions of copies because it is a good game, and heres why. The campaign in this game is fantsastic and it feels a lot different from the other cod campaigns. Now you make your own decisions that affect the outcome of your story and its a blast toWhy the hell is the user score for this game so low, if you guys dont like call of duty anymore then dont buy it. The fact is this game sold millions of copies because it is a good game, and heres why. The campaign in this game is fantsastic and it feels a lot different from the other cod campaigns. Now you make your own decisions that affect the outcome of your story and its a blast to play. The multiplayer isnt that different but now theres a new pick ten system in which you pick your guns and perks and each item is worth one point and you get up to ten points. I didnt really like it because it does limit you to what you can choose. And zombies is fantastic if you loved in black ops 1 then your going to die when you see what theyve done here im not gonna spoil it youll be shocked to see how much effort theyve put into zombies. This is by far the best cod yet and knock mw3 out of the park(mw3 sucked) do yourself a favor and buy this game its more than worth the price. Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2012
    Once again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely newOnce again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely new company develop the games. Expand
  27. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gosh, I hate this game. Never mind the fact that this is same game as the other games and have same multiplayer like other games from this franchise (only with different HUD), my biggest problem is that this game shouldn't be a sequel! I mean sure, you play as Mason half of the game but the other half is a futuristic FPS. WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH FIRST BLACK OPS?! To be fair, future part of this game has some pretty good features such as camouflage, sticky gloves, that let you climb a rock mountain and sky diving section. Sadly this happen only one or two time in this game. Anyway I don't understand a point of playing both Mason's campaign and future campaign, if Black Ops 2 only contains a Mason's campaign then that's will be fine. Only resemblance in future in BO2 is Woods... that's it!

In other words this game will be better if they focus mostly about Mason storyline rather than on future soldiers one. If Activision wants to make a futuristic FPS in Call Of Duty, that's fine. But please don't put Black Ops name on it. Called it, I don't know, Futuristic War or something.
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does not deserve the user rating it currently has. Don't listen to the user reviews. They are simply a bunch of angry nerds (I use the term nerd loosely.) that were going to rage no matter how good the game was and haven't actually played the game. This game is very enjoyable and is certainly an improvement upon last year's MW3.
  29. Apr 10, 2013
    If you played a Call of Duty game before, then you've played this game aleady. The creaters seem to have no intrest in taking a few years to invest time and money in order to innovate something that feels fresh. But then again why would they? lol If I knew all I had to do was slap a new skin on an old game in order to make billions upon billions of dollars, I would do the same.
  30. Nov 17, 2012
    First thing: I bet 1000 bucks that not even the half of all the red reviewers have even played Black Ops 2 and still write that there is nothing new or changed compared to MW2. I played MW3 and Battlefield 3 last year and enjoyed both of them equally. I cant get all the hate on Black Ops 2.
    Everyone shouted out for innovations and new ideas and Treyarch delivered them. A non-linear storymode, all-new zombies, completely overhauled multiplayer with new perk- and prestige system and still everyone says that there is nothing new.
    The graphics are not really uptodate but they are far better than in every other CoD with new lightning effects. Why would you need a new engine anyway? Was there such a huge difference beetween the Frostbite 1 and Frostbite 2 engine except the advertisment for new bashing material on CoD? No! The graphics of Battlefield 3 on the consoles were horrible and even MW3 delivered a smoother (if it was better is a matter of opinion) experience with 60 FPS. But MW3 didnt made ANYTHING new. Nothing. It made it even worse with support killstreaks and stuff like this and got ratings way higher than Black Ops 2.

Black Ops 2 is way more than a simple Call of Duty. Its the (last) try of a great development team to make the Call of Duty franchise fresh and feel good again. MW3 was a shame in playability online with all the Akimbo and Assassin noobs but Black Ops 2 made good with its multiplayer to be fair. The connection may not be the best everytime but its not that bad. Like in every game you have good and bad rounds.

All I can say is that most of the haters here are just BF fanboys. This ratings should all go to Modern Warfare 3 and even the press bashes on Black Ops 2 for not being original what I cant understand. Its doing the best job possible on making a shooter feel fresh and Treyarch gets spitted in the face like this? I can see Modern Warfare 4 in the future with the same sh**play like Modern Warfare 3 and it will get 90+ again from everyone because it makes everything better and has nice Coop. That's a joke such as all the 0.0 ratings. They don't make any sense at all. If you played (and I mean not only 2 matches online and the first three missions in the story) Black Ops 2 you know that it just can't get 0.0. In my eyes Treyarch did an amazing job on make Call of Duty feel fresh. After disappointments this year like Medal of Honor or some other mediocre games I can just say that Black Ops 2 is with Dishonored and XCOM one of my Game of the Year. Period.
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    By far the best COD in the series. From a multiplayer standpoint (Domination and Kill Confirmed). This game has improved graphics, sound, and an overall polish I haven't really seen in a COD game. This is the one that is truly fun and exciting to play. Unfortunately MetaCritic is being pounded by the trolls. I will say I have played many FPS shooters Battlefield 3, MOH, all of theBy far the best COD in the series. From a multiplayer standpoint (Domination and Kill Confirmed). This game has improved graphics, sound, and an overall polish I haven't really seen in a COD game. This is the one that is truly fun and exciting to play. Unfortunately MetaCritic is being pounded by the trolls. I will say I have played many FPS shooters Battlefield 3, MOH, all of the CODs this is a very well put together game. All games have their strong and weak points but from a COD standpoint this puts the shame on MW3. Very pleased with my purchase... haven't been this excited about a COD game since MW2. If you like any of the COD games and enjoy multiplayer this is a game to have in your library. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013