2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 1915 Ratings

1. Nov 11, 2013
    Absolutely horrible. The critics are obviously being payed to do there reviews. This game is the biggest pile of horrible crap you will ever play. Laggy multiplayer, Buggy dog (Oh the irony), broken NPCs and a HORRIBLE campaign. All they have done is added AI, a dog and 2 new guns. Call of Duty is a dead series now, and we can now prove that Activision is paying for reviews.
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    I've been saying it since MW2. Same thing every year. Nothing innovative at all. Activision has figured out how to exploit addiction. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Activision and Bobby Kotick.
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    Again after 7 years the problem continue to immerge in this blockbuster serie....the same again even after all this time. Single player is not the reason to buy the game, there is a reason maybe for replayability in the aliens mode but that ends here. The multiplayer is complete trash I don't even understand how they could go from epic MW1 gameplay to this... the only reason you will play call of duty ghost multiplayer is because you can't run Battlefield 4 on your pc or you don't know how to play it on console/pc. Treyarch and Infinity ward you need a new engine for the Call of Duty serie you are stealing people. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    Didn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way too much time roaming these corridors and kills just seem to be one player stumbling up behind another. Also, why are there no merc matches anymore? COD has never compensated for parties in their matchmaking algorithm, so for those of us who can't wrangle up a full squad you'll get dominated. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2013
  6. sud
    Nov 14, 2013
    just another rip off from activision, halfhearted story and feeble multiplayer, this company is so out of touch with the gaming community.PROFIT OVER PRODUCT@ activision
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    It receives so much hate (and deservedly so) and yet still makes $1 Billion on it first day. Another mediocre game and another billion dollars, this has gone on for far too long.
  8. Nov 7, 2013
    Its like a pirated DVD of a game it looks rough plays like a games from 2004 and is just bad this is not a new engine total BS lazy cash in yet again some good ideas but the choppy story and ugly graphics and 1980s story line.
    This will be traded in for BF4 i gave COD one more chance they are ripping the piss now.
  9. Nov 7, 2013
    People complain because they think COD has gone stale. It's not stale. It's just bad. The game tries to be innovative and has made progress with larger multi level maps. But it all comes down to gameplay, and whoever has the upperhand because of connection wins. Skill plays little to no role in most online games I've experienced.

I refused to buy another COD game after MW3 without
    renting it first. This is MW3 all over again. If you hated MW3 because of their network code, this is exactly the same if not worse. One shot kills, bad hit registry, players being 5 steps ahead of you, etc. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you might be one of the lucky ones and enjoy this game. If you know all to well these experiences with COD, spend your money on something else. Expand
  10. Nov 18, 2013
    Ghosts is disappointing because it doesn’t fix the myriad of problems that have plagued COD for the last several games. Its predecessor, Black Ops 2, is a horribly imbalanced game that failed to accomplish the one thing Treyarch promised would be emphasized: teamwork. Low incentives to achieve goals inevitably led to lone wolf behavior. The waves of insanely overpowered scorestreaks brutalized average gamers. Snipers run around the maps quickscoping while people with smg’s camp and snipe. However, Black Ops 2 delivers fun and frantic gameplay that rewards players for sticking it out.
    Is Ghosts better than Blops 2? No. Infinity Ward addresses some of the balance issues. Score streaks have been nerfed (well partially). The improved hit detection is INSANE. On the downside, health is low. So players kill quick and die quicker. Average gamers and COD newbies will not have the reaction time necessary to respond to incoming fire. So if you don’t fire first, game over. Blops 2 was more forgiving. Blame it on lag, but I like having the opportunity to evade fire. Not here. Expect to see the kill cam without knowing bullets were coming.
    Weapons balance is still off. Shotguns are a joke. The range and spread damage is the worst and most inconsistent I’ve seen. C4 has virtually no splash damage and will not always detonate, so don’t rely on it in a crunch. SMG’s spit out rounds fast, but lose all their teeth at midrange shots. On the flipside, assault rifles possess extreme stopping power and range. Other than sniper rifles, assault rifles trump all other guns at any range. LMG’s have large clips, but they have no other advantages which renders them useless. Knifing lunging is back!! In close combat don’t shoot. KNIFE KNIFE KNIFE!! Players who knife lunge are invincible. So just accept it and die with dignity. Or rage because knife lunging is freaking ridiculous. Like Blops 2, map design and poor weapon balance has once again led to the emergence of only 2 preferred weapon classes. In this game its assault and sniper.
    The upgrade system is different, but not innovative. Players can unlock guns and perks as soon as they have the points to do so. No more waiting until level 55 to unlock a favorite weapon. Play a few rounds, earn “squad points”, and unlock it. I like this, but COD loyalists’ opinions are mixed because it reduces the need to rank up. Except for a handful of perks, most are superfluous and don’t provide enough tactical advantages.
    The large maps are another point of contention. Compared to Blops 2, these maps are huge. But they aren’t strategic and lack choke points. So expect to be shot or stabbed in the back—a lot. Spawn points aren't randomized, so spawn deaths are already ruining the fun. I’ve already spawned on IED’s and been sniped multiple times by the same players who’ve memorized spawn points. Oh yeah, people I’ve just shot spawning directly behind me isn’t fun either. The 6 on 6 matches are entirely too small. Games regularly timeout before all objectives are complete. Camping is rampant. At least 8 on 8 is necessary for the larger maps. Players can run around for several minutes without glimpsing a single baddie. Developers say that current gen systems simply can’t handle larger matches. Xbox One and PS4 will have larger lobbies which will hopefully speed up the tempo. PS3 and Xbox 360 are just SOL.
    The scorestreaks are more ground based and none seem insanely overpowered except the companion dog. It’s unlocked at low score levels and the benefit lasts too long. Dogs will not go away even if their masters are killed several times. So a dog can remain alive for an entire match. Also, the dogs seem to endure 4-6 times the damage of combatants before dying and they suffer no splash damage from lethals. Their high health and persistence is irritating. They kill instantly too. I don’t see how this is any different than a combat drone or VTOL warship.It adds nothing but frustration to the game because it’s merely a different overkill killstreak.
    My biggest complaint is Ghosts’ graphics. The game textures are washed out and game elements are hard to see. Gamers will be shot by someone standing directly in front of them or bump into enemies without noticing. Traps are also hard to discern. Some maps are worse than others. Infinity Ward wanted the environments to look “real”, but the limitations on the 360 and PS3 are just too obvious. Textures look bad, colors are muted, and aliasing is painfully noticeable. Blops 2 has an arcady look, but the visuals are crisp and sharp. Seeing cloaked players on Crysis multiplayer is easier than spotting a camped sniper on Ghosts.
    The campaign is typical COD fare. But I’ve seen it all before. Literally, some of the scenes have been ripped straight from previous COD installments. The squads mode is a confused attempt to "push" multiplayer someplace new. Extinction is OK, but brief.
    Ghosts is merely an obligation to meet a yearly deadline. Pass on this game.
  11. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you know we all know lag bad textures recycled weapons it's a laugh of direspect no they hate us all they care about is money so they can build the next gen on there xbox one and ps4 while letting the rest in everything is to hate i can call it all know but it wont fit Expand
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    Yet another Call of Duty, yet another zero. This is a series for braindead 13-years. Avoid at all costs this piece of garbage. Lalalalala-lalalala-lala-la
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Cod needs to die. I havent bought the last 3 but ive still played them stop buying and maybe they'll change the game until then Just do yourself a big favor and get battlefield 4
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Just reviewing the multiplayer(mostly compared to previous ones) + Moved the scoreboard to the side so it’s not in the way. + Dynamic levels are interesting. + Character patches replacing custom emblems are cool. + Looking down the scope of a sniper looks wayyy better. + Less sway when looking down scopes I’ve noticed. - Maps are too big. There’s only 12 people in a match and a huge level, you spend more time looking for people than actually shooting. As a result.. you get shot in the back… a lot.. Only way to prevent this is with camping..
    - Guard dog’s AI is… extremely low. Leaving it to be a useless new killstreak perk.
    - Huge lag between when you press right trigger and when a grenade is actually thrown I’ve noticed.
    - IED (lethal item that has replaced bouncing bettys/claymores) and motion sensores(non-lethal weapon) have yet to… do what they claim to do for me.
    - Apparently they arn’t having dedicated servers for Xbox360..
    - Took away the ping thing when you look at scores.
    - ‘Sat Coms’ (replaced UAVs)… are sortof useless. The whole point of it is to have a UAV that’s placed on the map, instead of plying in the air.. however.. I found that they don’t do much in showing people on the map. And… they self destruct wayyy to quickly. What’s the purpose in putting in effort into hiding it well when they just blow up shortly after placing it?
    - Characters and models… blend in wayy too much. Both just look like a grey blob. Makes camping soo much easier cause it’s too tough to notice people sitting still.
    - I don’t know if it’s just me… but, there’s something off about how fast and easy it is to get killed.. For example, you seem to just die instantly, but then you watch the kill cam and see he pumped 6 or 7 shots into you and makes you wonder why it only felt like one.
    Conclusion: Skip this one. While trying to the make the game more ‘teamwork’ focused, Infinity Ward broke the simple fun COD game play I’ve come to love. Only way you’ll do alright and not get shot in the back is if you camp… yeah.
  15. Nov 7, 2013
    Wow.. Is all i can say.

Im not going to give an angry review, All im going to say is, COD GHOSTS is 0/10.
    COD 4 was one of my favorite games of all time. I just think they need to re-capture what we loved about COD4
  16. Nov 11, 2013
    This is the worst game ever created all things considered. If a free Android game is bad, you don't really care because your expectations were so low to begin with. When a AAA game is this bad, it can be considered to be near the top of the list of worst games of all time. With the budget and the supposed good reviews this game received, Infinity Ward should be sued with a major class action lawsuit of everyone conned into buying this game. The graphics are terrible, the campaign was mindless, and the multiplayer is idiotic. There is no strategy, the maps are way too open and large for 6 on 6 play. With the random spawn points you are dead within a few seconds of spawning half the time.

I don't think the campaign has any AI, not like you really care when you are playing it. Everything is so cheesy with set pieces trying so hard to be cool that the game feels like a joke. Like IW decided to make a game as bad as they possibly could and see how many pro reviewers would still give it an 8-10.

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any worse, it ended. The ending was so bad I almost wanted to throw my controller though my TV. Perhaps I should have since I have a Gorilla Glass screen. Maybe if it did break I could add something else Infinity Ward should pay for. Not only should they give me a refund, but they should have to pay me for my time to play the piece of crap to at least think I got my money's worth. I've played a lot of games but that ending was one of the worst in history.

The only good part is that I didn't encounter any bugs and the framerate was pretty smooth. Yes the campaign stages were varied, but just because a level is set in outer space or under water doesn't make it good.

It's like IW tried to make Domination so unplayable that it would force people to play the new multiplayer modes that aren't even fun. Black Ops maps were laid out well, but I skipped BOII. Both Modern Warfare games were a blast in multiplayer. I've tried to play Ghosts multiplayer for a week and have given up. It is about as fun as getting your teeth drilled. Wow I ran around the massive castle map and didn't see a single player, then I died without seeing who shot me, then spawned and was immediately shot again. You can practically take flags at will in domination because there are not enough players to populate the map and the maps are so open.

I am not being harsh enough. The game is that bad. If you rated this game higher than a 0, there is something wrong with you. Last year's Medal of Honor was a perfect 10 compared to Ghosts. The multiplayer had its problems at launch but the first patch really turned that game around. There was strategy and skill required, the game was genuinely fun.

When you play a masterpiece like The Last of Us and then play this game, it makes you want to quit gaming forever. Thanks Infinity Ward you made me question ever buying a video game again.
  17. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Listen, I'm not some BF4 or CoD fan girl. This review is my truly honest opinion... This game is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the Call of Duty title, the critics (and more of the community) would've agreed.

I usually look forward to Infinity Ward's games because MW and MW2 offered so much in terms of advancement and progression in the series (and in gaming at large). I think many can agree that while MW3 was a reasonable game, it was just a MW2 reshell...and I fear that while Ghosts is essentially a MW3 rehash...the things they DID change completely ruined the game.

- Campaign was only 4-5 hours long, and it was boring...honestly, I can't even remember the names of the characters. Campaign mode is supposed to be a great story that compels you to care about the characters and to hope to GOSH that they survive (Soap!?!?!). But alas, I couldn't have cared less.

- Multiplayer essentially encourages camping even more than previous CoDs, but increases the map size. Now IF you manage to find someone you're lucky. I just LOVE having to check every single effin' corner for a surprise.

- Lag issues.. We were promised dedicated servers AT LAUNCH which would greatly reduce the lag. They lied. They can't even tell us the expected date which means I doubt they'll happen. False advertising much?

- Spawns. Okay, I know it's a big difficult to not have players occasionally spawn near each other...causing one to inevitably curse. However, I thought the huge map size was to compensate for this especially in TDM, FFA, and KC? Wrong. Apparently the spawns are still non-sensical and I end up spawning directly in front of a camping little biyatch.

-Glitches... They happen, I understand...but I don't want to fall THROUGH the map into the black abyss.

-Graphics. Now I'm not sure how it'll look on the next gen (from what I hear they focused on those versions)...HOWEVER, on the 360 I feel like I'm playing MW2 which was released in 2009. I mean, seriously? Play Assassin's Creed or Bioshock at Infinity Ward, see how it's done. Freaking BEAUTIFUL games.

-Leveling up: Okay, I know it's not the most important feature...but I like to feel like I'm making progress when I'm putting 6,7,8,9...hours into the game. I'm a decent player and it took FOREVER to break level 20! Dafuq is with the leveling system, eh? Making me take longer to level isn't going to increase my desire to play this game.

-Squad points.... Eh. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? WTF do I need that squad member for exactly? Is this what you spent millions on? =)

I'm completely disappointed and in fact a bit angry that Infinity Ward has decided to trick us into shelling out the cash. They promised big and provided nothing but broken promises. Honestly, next time I will be waiting for the reviews from GAMERS, NOT the big names like IGN who give out 9s and 10s to piece of crap games like this.

I hope this honest review gives you some insight on whether to buy this game
  18. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I deeply regret sinking what? $100 into this.. all to never see my money again. Ugh I think even die hard fans of this series are getting fed up with this.. We are into the next generation of gaming and there dumping this dried out turd down our throats.

I was infuriated to see that this game had a better score than KZ:SF. which I think is down
    right insulting to the dev's of that series as they have taken a massive step up since KZ3 in terms of the effort they put into their game, and it looks good for them. Despite some shady reviews and scores due to biases certain reviewers have..

This game has the exact same mechanics of the old games the graphics are tired, lame and as old as the series itself, nothing new has been brought here its just the same old re-packaged, rehashed scam as it always has been, look forward to seeing you all next year same time same channel off to sell this trash now hopefully some turkey will be foolish enough to buy it off me..
  19. Dec 28, 2013
    This game... what can i say. This is the worst cod game ever, the servers don't even work, because there blowing there money on hot tubs and advertising. this game is the same engine as the first Call of Duty, as in Call of duty 1. The campaign is flat out stupid, the ending is terrible, the levelution is the dog is a marketing dog, therefore it is ugly as this game is an insult to the god that is call of duty 4, what a joke. Expand
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    did they bribe the critics or something?
    this game is terrible!
    words cannot express how bad the pc version is!
    why do sites like steam even allow this.... garbage?!
    and the worst part is the lag! it's optimization is so bad!

well at least on the console it isn't as bad, but it's still far from good
  21. Nov 23, 2013
    Luckily i rented call of duty ghosts, mainly because i knew it wasn't going to be up to standard due to the previous game (excluding call of duty 4, MW2). I can honestly say call of duty ghost may be one of, if not the worst game i have played on any game console. everything about it from the graphics to the actual game play is lazy and lacks any sense of creativity or imagination (especially the map creation) the maps are just a mess and seems to be recycled aspects thrown together and the graphics are a feeble attempt and are as bad as blackops 1 & 2 I have said the call of duty franchise is over since black ops one but call of duty ghosts puts the nail in the coffin. In conclusion Call Of Duty Ghosts is a huge abortion. Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    Completely copypastes the ending of Modern Warfare 2 (and really, steals it frame by frame). Don't reward this company with your money. They're the joke of the industry.
  23. Jan 4, 2014
    Laughably terrible. I find it funny how Infinity Ward started the franchise and now Treyarch is the top dog when it comes to the new COD games. Let Treyarch take over the Production of COD games. Infinity Ward is the laughing stock of the video game industry. Same game every year just with more BS in the multiplayer.
  24. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is a big pile of s***. It fails so badly to keep you entertained. Already returned my copy, doesnt deserve a higher number than 0. Forget that this game exists.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    Worse in the series. Graphics and textures are dated maybe 8-10 years, mechanics are just not there, the game was WAY overhyped and not even close to a "new" gen game, this one takes a huge step backwards from its predecessors. MP was already hacked first day (see all the vides and screenshots).
    Stay away and wait for the next Treyarch release, if the franchise recovers from this mess.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    You thought IW will give us change? Why? It does not have a point. Seeing a trailer god dammit I see much better dog than ever before. Character customization oh hell yeah. I can be a female. Etc, Etc. That stuff could have been done years ago. Pre-release of CoD 4 such things would be given for a single price. Sure that developers would run out of ideas, but at least we would admit that last Call of Duty was the best. It's all about money today; that's sad reality. Expand
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Bargbage! This franchise is dead. Reviewers were paid or something. This game sucks. Get BF4 or save your money and wait for Titanfall. I should have just kept my $70 and asked my girl to kick me in the nuts. Same feeling but at least I would still have my
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    One big piece of crap! Played in all CoD games (except 3) with pleasure, but this is the worst CoD ever! Weapons plastic, sound disgusting, dog, which was the main feature of the game, made a very bad! True epic fail! CoD, please change or die.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    Honeymoon phase has worn off, so I'm back to update my review. This game of course has the tight controls COD is known for and feels good, but for some reason after the first few days of the game playing good, connections got worse and worse, now it's back to the issues that ruined MW3 and BO2 for me. 1 shot insta-kills, being constantly behind people. Then the spawns! I believe they know exactly what they are doing with connections, spawns, etc. and it's a conscious business decision to try and level the playing field and give inferior casual players an advantage to gain that "customer for life." The only reason I bought the game was because of supposed dedicated servers, but I've only played a few games that would lead me to believe they are there. Oh, well I was fooled again. This series has gotten so far away from what it used to be, and is destined for failure with it's current formula of a half finished game once a year, and deservedly so. If they would only release one ever 3 or so years and actually support it, it would be good, but they won't Oh well Titanfall can't come quick enough and I hope it buries COD at this point. Expand
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    This is not a game for real gamers. It is a game for easily amused idiots that can't handle any depth to their entertainment. It is embarrassing to watch Infinity Ward just make the same game over and over where as Treyarch always tried to innovate and do new things. Adding in a token horde mode is just a sad attempt to capture the charm of previous Zombie modes. It has none of the humor, and none of the fun. Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    Campaign reminds me of homeland,online same as usual,re spawn problems,sniper heaven! Original search and destroy has gone.maps feel samey,freight looks familiar
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    So bad, I can't believe they get away with doing this every year. It's appealing to mindless drones as they have some new maps to play on in multiplayer so expect huge sales again. I kinda feel CoD is laughing at us, buying the same, uninspiring crap year after year.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the most terrible game I have ever played!!! It sucks!!!! The graphics are ugly the guns are ugly the spawns suck no search and destroy no demo no tac insert no hardcore dom the maps are wayyyy to big it's slow paced and boring as hell not only would I not recommend this game for anyone to play I wouldn't even let anyone wipe their ass with it!!!!! I will never get another cod unless treyarch makes it.... Infinity ward has had their head in there ass after mw2 and activision can just suck on a lemon oh and extinction is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    Realmente es el mismo juego de todos los años nada mas que este se ve igual de feo pero debora lo que un battlefield 4 Por favor no compren esta estafa!
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    Being a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the main protagonist, his brother or his father for that matter.As a whole this story line is the weakest in the COD universe, in my honest opinion.

Now on to the good stuff, Multiplayer!!!! They totally scrubbed it!!!! Search and destroy with respawn???? OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYY? Squads is total Bullsh*t. I don't know but whatever they were shooting for they missed the mark. It looks like I'm stuck with Black ops II and Battlefield 4. Could be worse.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    this game seems to suck donkey balls, but that's an insult to donkey balls. What I love about this call of duty game, is that it's exactly like the last one.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    I am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition and more. The maps really killed it though, they are overly large having some large maps is cool but they are all huge considering only 12 players are in a game at once... Which makes me question why no ground war? (teams of 9, included in the previous COD)... Also the maps traffic flows are just crazy and make no sense, people come from everywhere all the time... and the lack of guns is unreal, I would say there are half as many guns in this game as in BO2.... The guns noises are really just bad too, just doesn't sound good at all. LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! Expand
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    the game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back tracking there self not moving forward. Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different art styles used. The game-play is exactly the same as the game-play from the Modern Warfare series, so don't expect any surprises. This game was a huge letdown with the only pluses being the inclusion of some new game-modes. However, I cannot deny that the Modern Warfare series used to have really fun multi-player, but they have not done a single thing to make this game worth buying over some of the other shooters such as Battlefield, Titanfall, and the others. Expand
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

It was a simple impulse buy. 30 minutes after buying it, I regretted supporting this horrible trash company. The servers lag constantly, the graphics are trash thrown in your face, and all fan favorites were removed.

The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features
    included, and I feel offended. CoD will not be getting my business ever again.

I'm considering buying two copies of Battlefield 4 just so I can REALLY support a great game.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    Sad just sad stop spending money on these games and they will stop making them or at least make improvements this game is worth a third of what it costs including the season pass your looking at $120 of wasted cash wow this game offers nothing that is worth that price please don't wast your hard earned money again stick to the cods you already have there all the same anyway
  43. Nov 6, 2013
    Another repeat of the last cod and the cod before that. Its all exactly the same. Forgettable multiplayer combined with poorly designed maps with bland colour choices gives an overall rubbish experience. Don't fork out the money, it exactly the same, if not worse as the last cods, but i guess there's no surprise their really.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    5 minutes into playing this game and I can tell I've already made a huge mistake. I could spend hours talking about what I hate but the fact I bought this game proves iw has fooled me again. This will be the last call of duty I buy. I'm pissed I bought it from the xbox store and by a real copy cuz now I can't return this At least I have bf4 Til titanfall. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IS AWFUL
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    This game was crazy.
    There are too many bugs. And why 6gb ram for this game and will need?
    Compared before and better, but I still long is too low.
    Lost to Battlefield 4 is clear.
  46. Nov 6, 2013
    game sucks. campaign sucks. multiplayer sucks.. story sucks. this all maps only have 2 teams fighting against each other and its always the same "Ghosts vs Fed" thing, at least make more like "Ghosts vs Something****ty" stuff, the only thing i enjoyed so far is just extinction. Overall this game is just one complete piece of ****

I'm going back to of Doody Modirn Gay****stupid. At
    least I don't have to bother with the ****ty things anymore. you In****iny Ward, I believed that you'd make a better game than BO ****ing 2. THE NEW OF DOODYs!!!! Expand
  47. Nov 6, 2013
    This should be announced the scam of the year. The game is so terrible it hurts. Wooden animations, low quality textures, small maps, camera going through objects, poor sounds, etc.
    They even copied Modern Warfare 2 ending.... pathetic. And they ask that much for this? Stop treating gamers as idiots already.
  48. Nov 11, 2013
    I am a CoD fan. I always have been and always will be. However, this game was an enormous disappointment. The campaign was terribly short and pretty much the same old wham bam and twist and you were done the level in 2 minutes. The characters were mediocre and cheesy. You couldn't connect with them like in the earlier installments. Multiplayer is what really hurt me the most. There is absolutely no structure to any map and it is just a complete free for all on every one. The respawning is horrible and just seems to get worse with every game. The class and squad system is way too in depth and it takes forever to rank up. The only thing you actually unlock are perks and squad points. The squads game mode is retarded and are a waste of time. The guns are terrible and apparently every gun that isn't yours is silent because all you hear is the whistle of the bullets by your head, not the actual sound of the gun. Some maps are enormous and way too big for six on six. I have never written a bad review about CoD before, but I am really fed up with this game. Expand
  49. Nov 11, 2013
    When I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down to hell with any potential it may have had. 4/10 and no more. Expand
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually... when I think about it is exactly the same as MW1 and even CoD1, just with a slightly different story and setting. OMG they've been selling me the same game for the past 10 years!!!! WTF?! i'm a complete sheep and dumb ass!!! What was I thinking? Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2013
    What a horrid game, sometimes I even think modern warfare 2 looks better and that game is really old. I don't understand why people buy this game anymore, it's dead.
  52. Mar 12, 2014
    What is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it's the same thing.... opps forgot they added a dog that you can play as for a couple missions, oh and those fish physics......that has never been done before right>?? You idiots complain every year but you are the first one to put money in the pockets of the one of the worst companies (Activision) Ohhhh Activision, I remember the days where you use to work for Atari back in the 70s and got sick of working for a sweat shop and were sick of bad business practices... Now Activision is a company that became the thing they once hated..... Greed.... You keep dising out the money like that, they will keep making the same stale POS game, and anyone who gives this game a positive review.......please try and play other games other than COD because if you give this game a good score it is evident that you do not play many games... I think the reason why people do like this game is because it's a casual shooter that everyone can play and takes no skill... 10 year olds play this game..... I'm not saying Battelfield is the holy grail of shooters either, Battlefield use to be good but now it is following a grim path aswell.....Now you guys can buy titanfall and have an orgasm for 2 months because it's just like cod but the bots are worse and its only multiplayer online..... CoD should be buried, this game is popular for no reason, it's the most generic shooter ever and has not brought anything but BS to the gaming industry since coD 4 Expand
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    Utter crap. They release the same game every year, pay reviewers to give it a good rating and mass idiots buy it every time. This sucks balls. The worst thing is they pull the whole gaming industry to the same with them. Everyone wants to be more casual and accessible, even Battlefield has copied Cod, in all the bad ways.

And, yes, I have played the game for several hours. Utter crap.
    Have to give special award to the Remote Controllable Dog! That is hilarious Expand
  54. Dec 2, 2013
    A truly awful multiplayer game. Even IW came out and said cod players are not gamers! That their way of saying we're a lazy bunch of so and so's, who couldn't be arsed designing anything other than crud. Apart from a few maps, the level design is just awful. The guns sound like air guns and you dont even know if the have a silencer on them or not. The sound is the worst i even heard, and no options to change any of it. And last of all you get rewarded for having terrible aim. Just spray and pray cos accuracy doesn't even come into it. And i can never remember a cod game picking such terrible hosts, and then sticking with them for the entire match. All in all, i'm sick that i spent 60euro on the crap. I have never said that about a cod game before. I have been playing it since the beginning. COD4 and MW2 were the pinnacle. It's been downhill ever since. Only nazi zombies saved the Treyarch editions. You're nmo different to FIFA or TW golf at this stage. IW, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Expand
  55. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  56. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is so bad that I'm doing my first ever metacritic user review. The muliplayer severely lacks variety and its maps are very similar recycled components of earlier 'COD' games. The singleplayer is a scripted exercise in boredom and cliche.

This is what 'widening' the game audience had led to, a CRAP game. Bring back COD4 type COD games, simple and with variety in places where
    it's needed Expand
  57. Nov 6, 2013
    I was so excited to play this game after waiting months! I am deeply disappointed. There are several things that need to be improved.

First, either the bullet damage, multipliers, or the health needs to be adjusted. When I watch the kill cam after dying it shows the guy pumping 4-5 bullets into me then I die. On my screen, however, i take about 1-2 shots then I'm down. Not sure
    what the reason for this is but it is a HUGE flaw.

Second, spawn systems. I don't know what infinity ward does to the spawns but it's like they gave the 'spawning' division over to a group of disabled monkeys. Playing in a FFA match (although applicable to all game modes) I decided to stay put for about 15 seconds before running around to see if someone ran into my field of view. Well, I didn't have to take ONE step (not ONE STEP) before turning my head to my left, and seeing a player who had just been killed SPAWN WITHIN ARMS REACH of where I stood. This is a HUGE flaw.

Thirdly, I thought I bought Call of Duty: Ghosts. Not some cheap wal-mart rip-off attempt at a franchise behemoth. It is FAR too different from the past CoDs that there have been. I mean, sure, I get it. Make it different, that's fine. But keep the staples in the game. The game modes, and kill/reward streaks that we've all come to love (or put up with). They've changed far too much for this to be called Call of Duty. The squad point system is a HUGE flaw. First off, getting so few squad points, and the finding out that you don't even have any default classes so you're stuck spending your precious squad points on attachments/perks/guns/kill streaks/equipment/lethals?! GOOD GRIEF! Instead of having a point system that basically says, "Just pick what you want to play with because you ain't getting it all" they should have just left it a simple unlock system...I digress.

Why did so much have to change? Change is not good, at least not in this context. Why can't both companies brainstorm on what the BEST parts of the game are? Or better yet, ASK THE COMMUNITY!!!!!!! We're the ones paying your bills, the least you could do is build us a game that we want. (I know nothing is unanimous but majority rules here).

To sum up. Shame on you Infinity Ward. You turned an annual tradition into a disappointment.

I will wait for the patch to come out before playing this game and before giving two thoughts as to whether or not I'll buy it for my Xbox One on the 22nd. There will be a patch. It will fix these issues. Or they're going to lose a LOT of their supportive, loyal, fan base.

If not, I'll buy BF4.
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    Disapointment, game needs some fresh ideas. Not worth the purchase. The multiplayer maps are a let down, not as good as previous CODs. The weapons layout and perk system follows a guideline from the previous games but a lot weaker in regards to weapons selections.
  59. Nov 25, 2013
    No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. Expand
  60. Nov 15, 2013
    At what point do you tell yourself, no more? Call of Duty Ghosts promises to revitalise the ailing franchise, but instead of injecting new blood into it, it exposes itself as the worst Call of Duty title yet. It never reaches the highs of Black Ops 1 and repeats the mistake of Modern Warfare 2 and 3. In fact, it even borrows animation from the latter.

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away
    at all cost. Expand
  61. Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah, so, uh, there's some crap in here about astronauts and guns and space battles and satellites but it's supposed to be cool and modern and edgy. What the f*ck is this?
  62. Feb 20, 2014
    it is garbage. played it on and off for first two weeks.. i couldn't stand playing longer than 1 match usually before i'd turn my xbox off. even winning wasn't satisfying. it just wasn't a fun game to play. It's just more of the same. I haven't played it since the launch. this is the absolute worst. squad mode is a joke. ai is horrible. using the same builds i use to mop the floor with the enemy on my squad members produces poor results. characters i customized tend to play worse than if I had not unlocked them and tweaked them to begin with. the game doesn't make u feel like your hard work pays off in the end.. it just pushes you to waste more of your free time. blizzard activision is really going down the toilet.. wow expansion fails, starcraft 2 fail, diablo 3 fail, and now this. i can't trust anything they do anymore. Expand
  63. Nov 6, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 Dogs and Fishes mod This. Congratulations, Infinity Ward. You successfully released another craptacular game, fooled kids, subordinated the gaming media, and made yourself even richer. Well done!
  64. Nov 28, 2013
    COD Ghosts is a joke of a game, every year the same piece of crap. I would rather ride on my awesome donkey all day along instead of playing this garbage.
  65. Nov 13, 2013
    Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics. Avoid, even if you are a die hard COd fan. Expand
  66. Nov 19, 2013
    I feel like I played this back in 2007. Oh wait. I did.

Nothing in this franchise has really changed in the past 6 years. Guns feels the same. Maps feel the same. The community online (yuck) feels the same. Campaign is clearly worse.

Not sure why I keep buying these games, but it won't happen again next year.
  67. Nov 7, 2013
    What a joke of a game. Still the same game every year. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. Expand
  68. Nov 20, 2013
    It's the last game but get this DOGS. What that's not enough? How bout horrid campaigne? No? How about new maps? No? Yeah that's what I thought. I wish this series would just die!
  69. Nov 10, 2013
    Just played it over the weekend... and wow. Can Call of Duty change already?? Not only did the majority of the game not change, a lot of this newest COD release was a step back for the series.
  70. Jan 2, 2014
    This is literally a joke. Never have I seen a game so incomplete in my life. I've barely been a fan of the franchise after Modern Warfare 2 and I'm starting to get sick of it now. I do not own this game, however I think playing the game for around 5 minutes demonstrates what Call of Duty Ghosts is capable of. First of the bat, this game is down right, over the moon, extraordinarily, ugly. I'm taking a computer games development course in college, I've mad maps in far greater detail in the span of a few hours and they spend a year or two on a few maps and they are by far the most horribly laid out and hideous looking I've ever seen. You can actually see the pixels up close, no game high budget games nowadays accept this. So where did the money go? That's right, into Activision's or Inifinty Ward's deep fat pockets from all of the children they entertain. Only children and low iQ people will enjoy this game because they do not understand the standards a game is suppose to set. Infinity Ward you played a pretty good joke, if this isn't a joke, what the hell are you doing? Can you please just accept you've had your moment in the sun with Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so please, do us and every mature person a favor stop coming up with this horrible you call a game. You're the worse bunch of developers I've ever laid eyes on. It's a shame though, a lot of indie companies out there and other good developers would kill for the opportunity you guys have, and you spew up every year or two. Can't wait for the day you guys go out of business. T'will be a good day.

Also, I absolutely loved all your hype about how a new engine. Your new engine is garbage, no gameplay feels different, feels exactly the same as the last one. It's surprising that with a new engine the style and feel would be different but no. This just shows how lame you are, that with a new engine you still catch the same repetitive feel and style you made in the previous games. That is a achievement. I never thought that was even possible.

By the way, stop paying companies to review your game good, not gonna do you have favors when people see the audience reviews and it completed contrasts with the "critics"
  71. Jan 3, 2014
    This is beyond any doubt, the worst Cod, and the worst game ever made. First of all, campaign is written by a 3 year old. 6 guys conquer the areas that US army couldn't get?! What the f*ck?! Secondly, this is a recycled Modern Warfare. Might as well be called Modern Warfare 4. Props, sounds, effects, ALL RECYCLED. Third, multiplayer is worst. No more Search and Destroy, fellas. MP has crappily named weapons like Honey Badger. Also, the maps are... Battlefield wanna-be.

This game is an ugly, lazily recycled Modern Warfare. And remember fellas, the game was made by Infinity Ward, the franchise creator!
  72. Nov 28, 2013
    As a person who enjoys FPS's on a regular basis, I know what makes a good one and what makes a bad one. And CoD: Ghosts has everything needed to make a bad one. Sub-par, predictable campaign? Check. Confusing multiplayer mechanics? Check. Bad spawns? Check. Maps glitched up so they're FUBAR'd? Check. Weak server protection to make modding rank and leaderboards easy? Check. And the list goes on and on. I didn't have high hopes for this game. But this is a whole new level of dissapointment, worse than Cloverfield movie dissapointment. Expand
  73. May 4, 2014
    Not really much to say about it. Never played it. But I know it's terrible. I'm giving it a 0 to counteract all the hooligans giving it a 10. Apparently this needs to be 150 characters long so... there.
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it's the same story every year Worst game i may ever have played the exact same as every other call of duty game. Terrible it couldn't be WORSE. i wold rather play PAC man than this.
  75. Nov 10, 2013
    This review will be based off the multi player proportion of the game. Also, keep in mind I have played all the other games since Cod 4 on a daily basis.
    Negatives:
    To be honest, it is the same game as all the others ones. Many of the guns, map layouts, and ideas are exactly the same as its predecessor. A big portion of the problem is the creativity. The maps are all generic and boring.
    I never had a couple of maps I actually enjoyed. Only one or two actually appealed to me at least. I can only have small hours of game time cause of how bored and usual it got. It felt like I already played this... Luckily, I rented the game.

Positives:
    Gunplay feels simple
    Interesting new modes
  76. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  77. Apr 2, 2014
    AWFUL! I liked any other CoD game, but this is a complete garbage, "Oh, new game, it is really awesome" NO Graphics are HORRIBLE, gameplay is Ok, history not at all, but about all: Graphics, maybe a CoD fan boy liked MW 1 and 2, but this... is horrible. I was playing and after 2 minutes i was vomiting in my Xbox. It is the same than other CoD game, but with a dog.
  78. Nov 6, 2013
    No real leader boards, mute function is non-existent, the campaign was bland at best, the space scene was confusing, and the dog felt like controlling a drone in Black Ops 2. Very mediocre. I had no fun with it at all. Total disappointment.
  79. Nov 28, 2013
    after black ops 2 i couldn't believe that activision should do any worst thing,and incrediblely ghosts is the worst game i've played this year,one of the worst in hole history.
  80. Nov 26, 2013
    Fanboys,can you buy another game please?
    you are giving money to a stupid company of videogame
    OK,we are TALKING ABOUT A NEXT GEN VIDEOGAME
    can you have more imagination or more innovation CRAPTIVITION??!!!
    I HATE YOU!
    the same gameplay,the same campaign,the multiplayer
  81. Nov 24, 2013
    The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun. What a waste of time and resources. Expand
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars.
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    It just gets worse and worse. Black Ops 2 gave a refreshing take on the series, giving us a colorful, vibrant game with new twists on gameplay, albeit still feeling copy pasted, it was still alot better then all the drab, boring OORAH of the other COD games after Modern Warfare. This game has the shortest campaign in history (a total of 5 hours on Veteran, 3 on Normal) and a VERY RACIST premise, the game is basically about fighting evil Mexicans and Arabs, furthering the series trademark Xenophobia.

Multiplayer wise, the game is still trying to hard to recapture the glory days of Modern Warfare and World at War, but failing just like the games before it.

And then there's the new Operations mode. You fight aliens. That's about it. Taking away the awesome ability to do missions together like in WaW, the ability to do co-operative missions in MW2, the ability to survive countless waves of enemies like in MW3, and of course, Zombies.

There's hardly anything new to look for in this game, with stale graphics, gameplay blatantly stolen from other titles and an engine that's 12 years old, this game belongs in a bargain bin, and is certainly not worth $30, let alone $60.
  84. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't say anything good about this game. It's the same thing as usual. There's nothing new. Same graphics, same gameplay, same engine, same everything.
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    The only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of Duty game: A poorly written and over dramatized story that doesn't focus on any form of character development or memorable plotpoints or moments, and only serves to fuel Ebert's claim on video games not being an art. The gameplay is exactly the same: an unbalanced mess of an FPS, in which its skill gap is practically nonexistent, due to a variety of cheap and unpredictable "strategies" that wrongfully reward the opponent for getting a lucky break. There's practically no such thing as a "Call of Duty pro", since the skill gap is so tight, that investment in becoming better is nonexistent. This is why the prestige system is in place: to give the player the deluded thought that his senseless grinding is actually going somewhere, when it really isn't. It's the perfect indicator to the fact that the developers are not confident that their game alone is immersive enough. Variety in playstyles is practically nonexistant in Call of Duty. In a game as immersive as Street Fighter IV, each individual playstyle holds an incredibly intricate number of strategies, and each takes significant investment to master. However, Call of Duty has a total of 5 playstyles, which barely even count as variations. Some have you shoot close, some have you shoot from far away, etc.; it's still all shooting, with no difference other than distance. Multiple guns don't add any depth either, as there's always 1 most powerful gun for each class, as the weapons don't provide unique advantages and disadvantages. This is another reason the prestige system exists: to compensate for the developer's laziness to create a balanced system of weapons.

With every Call of Duty update/patch, the graphics and sound effects are pleasing enough, but lack any form of distinctive variety or aesthetic that make them memorable. Still, they get the job done. It's a good thing that I could do a quick review on Call of Duty Ghosts without ever actually having to play the game. Since I know it's the same thing, my review still applies. If you already own any other Call of Duty game, you should definitely pass on buying this update/patch, as you don't need another copy of the exact same game to enjoy it.

(The two is for acceptable graphics and sound, but for nothing else).
  86. Nov 5, 2013
    The same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. Hearing gunshots, explosions and just hearing things like metal clanking is all but a annoyance. The multiplier is the same old, People think the MP is new and improved when really it is just an attempt to cover up an old style that worked in the past, but now they have the new game modes that are a "new" innovation to the MP when really people just prefer the old classics such as SnD, that's right they took out SnD and replaced it with Dog-tags. When you die you leave a Dog-tag on the spot you died, if a teammate picks it up you respawn, if an enemy pick it up you will repsawn next round. If you hated the Black Ops purchasing system, well then, Welcome to you worst nightmare. You purchase everything with Squad Points (SP) When you have enough SP to purchase a Create-a-Class you have to go grind away again to get the things you want. So now people can buy their superman class without using skill to get it. Multiplier still has the bad and unpredictable respawn issues, Rubber Banding which means there is still P2P and no Dedicated Servers. Seems to me that SMG's have been nerfed down to do the same power as a $2 water gun while Snipers are like the Tsar bomb hitting you in the face. People like to see bad reviews and assume these people just hate CoD. Some of that is true but in this CoD you really start to see the final downfall and see that the series has been well long over due. They think they are still the kings when in reality, their just sinking into the big black hole they created years ago. If you like CoD then you will buy it but let me warn you buy saying if your not a major CoD fanboy then you will be disappointed. Expand
  87. Nov 5, 2013
    Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't! I give it a generous 2! CANT WAIT FOR BLACK OPS 3! Expand
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    You should buy this game only if you have money to blow. There are so many truly amazing games that offer a real gaming experience that CoD: Ghosts fails to deliver.

The campaign is just your typical "last hope for humanity" type story that relies heavily on action packed sequences. But since this has been done so many times in the previous CoD titles, it's easy to simply overlook any
    otherwise exciting moment as a "I feel like I've seen this before" deja vu.

The multiplayer is what most people look for in a CoD game. And if you're buying this for the multiplayer, you're better off not buying it at all. Basically, if you've played one CoD multiplayer, you've played them all. And CoD: Ghosts stays true to this. It is your typical CoD run and gun style shooter with little to no innovation whatsoever.
    Why play this when Battlefield 4 does everything Ghosts does, and does it 10x better, not to mention it does way more.

Visually, CoD: Ghosts looks like any other CoD game developed by Infinity Ward. Hell, it might even look worst than MW2. Atleast MW2 had vibrant colors, Ghosts has a greyish gloomy look to it, justified by being a post-apocalyptic setting, but is is visually dull and boring.

I'm going to wrap this up and give it a 2, because I'm feeling generous.

Oh! And it has a dog and aliens, because... INNOVATION!
  89. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is another run of the mill Call of Duty joke. The campaign is just extraordinarily stupid, I laughed from how over-the-top the campaign was at certain points. Call of Duty used to be a game about innovation and a plethora of new features and now Call of Duty is just make one and throw it out the door to see how much of a profit they can make. It astonishes me on how this game is a step down from its predecessor. A major selling point of this game was the "New"(and I say new in quotes because battlefield has been doing it for years) dynamic environments. I played multiplayer for 12 hours and I have barely noticed anything being destroyed or changing, even then it doesn't make a major change to the gameplay as it was supposed to. Another problem is that the textures are uglier than Black Ops 2, I would understand if the destruction actually was detailed and cool that the system probably couldn't handle the textures but it is not so why can we not handle detailed textures, IT'S 2013 PEOPLE, WE DON'T HAVE CRAP MACHINES ANYMORE! The changes that were made to the multiplayer mode shock me on how they make the game WORSE than Black Ops 2. They took out the pick ten feature from BO2 and added in a new system that makes the game totally unbalanced. Another thing that will anger any longtime CoD player is that they removed the game type Search and Destroy, one of the best modes!
    The Extinction mode is a joke that has almost no redeeming factors. The aliens you fend off from are so easy it takes a great deal of hits to kill you. This mode is just a joke that was probably added at the end just to have something to make DLC for.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FINAL SCORE: 0/10
    FINAL NOTES: This game has NO redeeming factors. If you are looking for a fun shooter experience I would reccomend buying Battlefield 4

-kikr48
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    this game is laughable. it really cant get any worse than this. its pathetic how most site are giving this game good scores but anyone whos played the game knows its horrible.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    When you try and show me off a fancy new engine for your game and recycle the animations from a previous one you don't deserve a score any higher than 0/10.
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    Got to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successful line of video games. Expand
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    Until they decide to give us something new or slightly innovative I can get the COD shooter experience from the old COD game that sits on my shelf. This game offers nothing but a step back for the genre. There are far too many better games out making this one a waste of time.
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    Huge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's fun to play as and you genuinely care about him. Other than that, boring.

Multiplayer. Oh dear God. Awful. Where do I even begin?

It takes forever to level up and in order to upgrade your guns, you have to level up and spend your squad points. I spent about four hours straight playing and I got to level six. Level. Six. Yeah.

There is no more Search and Destroy.

I primarily play Hardcore games in COD games, and they had to go and change that. When you die in HC TDM, you have to wait anywhere from 10-15 seconds before you can respawn. Absolutely unnecessary.

Inbetween multiplayer matches, you have about 10 seconds before the next match begins, which does not give you time to change your loadouts, perks, or scorestreaks.

When the match begins, there is a 15-second countdown before the match actually starts.

The maps are ENORMOUS. They obviously did this for the next-gen consoles which will be 9v9, but for now 6v6 matches are awful. It takes forever to find anyone and gain XP. No XP no weapon upgrades.

Quite a few of the MP modes involve AI bots in the Squads mode. The bots are extremely overpowered and basically headshot you 9/10 times. The bots have more health and one-shot you almost instantly. They need to be nerfed immediately.

The best part of MP is the Safeguard mode, which is basically a Horde mode. This is a lot of fun and is quite challenging.

Overall, this game is a huge disappointment and the Battlefield players are yukking it up. Do yourself a favor and skip this entry. Stick with Black Ops II.
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    Game was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on the pre-release ratings. The AI was improved for the bots and "aliens", but were still to be improved. I feel like they REALLY rushed the date it would come out, and the new ideas should not stick. Zombies need to be brought back from the grave... Get it? But seriously, the whole idea of aliens makes NO sense, as there is NO back-story, and NO plot. As I've stressed, the multiplayer is bad, the guns to overpowered, and much more. #Savethezombies Expand
  98. Nov 6, 2013
    Why not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly the first and final missions but it's forgettable for the most part. The use of Riley, the dog, really was exclusive to just a couple of missions which was a disappointment due to how fun his parts are. My main gripe with the game is its multiplayer. Not sure why but Hardpoint, Headquarters, Theater Mode, and Search and Destroy are gone. The maps are also pretty big and a bit complicated... too many rooms, too much space for a 6v6 battle. Playing Ground War might have been a solution but even that is gone. Killstreaks has replaced scorestreaks as well which for me is a big step down. This game really just makes me want to play Black Ops 2 again. I'd recommend people to rent it before deciding to buy it or not. Expand
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    COD is washed up and each installment feels like a DLC with more lag bugs then before. Big maps, slow movement, and small teams. Battlefield has taken over.
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT, it completely copied the ending from MW2. Like seriously, same animations, same backgrounds, same athmosphere, same movements. The scene onyl uses a buggy instead of a heli. This is called 'Screwing fans', I hope this CoD get's pushed into the ground. The level design, weapons and animations suck giant Nothing has been improved. And also Infinity Ward completely ignores the best about CoD: the competitive scene. I wish this franchise would be extinct, just as their new sucky gamemode. Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.