2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2071 Ratings

1. Jan 13, 2015
    After hearing all of the mixed opinions related to this game, I was a bit unsure about whether I would like this game, however, I am ready to give an opinion.

Pros: EXCELLENT Controls Maintains 60fps at all times Interesting Setting Fun new multiplayer modes Squads mode Cons: Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes" Multiplayer maps are too big Extinction

Pros:
    EXCELLENT Controls
    Maintains 60fps at all times
    Interesting Setting
    Fun new multiplayer modes
    Squads mode

Cons:
    Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes"
    Multiplayer maps are too big
    Extinction was disappointing
    Graphics seem slightly dated

All in all, Ghosts has many problems, but it is only just good enough for a recommendation from me.

2. Jun 7, 2014
    The game itself isn't too bad, but the people who play online are the problem. You go into a room and most of the time you would get sprayed down by someone sitting in the corner. People generally only use the over powered guns. You rarely encounter any snipers in the game.

I like extinction though and it I think they should look at adding more stuff to that. In my opinion, it is an

In my opinion, it is an improvement on black ops 1 and 2 and mw3
  3. Mar 27, 2014
    Sorry Acitvision, this game wasn't the best. It had a good enough storyline and multiplayer, but the maps that come with the game are just bad. Nothing unique about these maps, they make one play one certain map over and over. (In a bad way.) I might say this game doesn't deserve even a low 5..
  4. Apr 12, 2014
    COD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games from different developers. However Ghost has readjusted the levels forcing player to pretty much relearn how to play the game. The biggest being damage levels. Regular mode multiplayer feels almost like Hardcore on previous CODs and Hardcore mode might asCOD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games from different developers. However Ghost has readjusted the levels forcing player to pretty much relearn how to play the game. The biggest being damage levels. Regular mode multiplayer feels almost like Hardcore on previous CODs and Hardcore mode might as well be insta-kill. That along with large difference on how to play different classes of weapons to even the weapons themselves calls for a decent amount of learning, practice, and proper class setups to make them work. Single player mode retains most of it previous CODs theatrics, cinematic moments, and just plain gimmicks to make it as interesting as always. The create a player for multiplayer ended up as just another gimmick rather than an engaging, personal touch. The lack of selection, customization and sheer work to get even somewhat interesting options completely take away from the worthwhile aspect of this feature. ( Why is it that you have to unlock some of even the regular character heads not to mention 1 or 2 versions of each head with paint on them.) This is an aspect I have had for a FPS game for a while now and was excited that it was finally being done. However even before it came out I knew it would be poorly executed and not executed correctly to give the players the true customize, personalized feel. (There is no pride in the characters I have created. They are just another random soldier that doesn't stick out and looks like a dozen others) Finally however there are a few cool gimmicks that Ghost has offered that do bring an element of interest to the game and salvage a part of its reputation. First off the Micheal Myers and Predator field orders. These two are really cool and highly sought after additions to the game. They add a whole different feel, twist, and exhilaration to the game. ( Your blood pumps just a little faster when you hear the music change and know that Micheal Myers or Predator is out there on the prowl.) Finally there is the addition of some of the classic levels from previous COD series being brought back in map packs. While this is one that I have always wondered why they didn't do in previous COD titles I have to say that now I may know why. It is good to see some of these return however they seem to fall short and not feel as interesting as before. Also some of these have come back under the wrong pretenses. While it is advertised as a new map pack your are really getting an old map and then a few new maps. Also the names for these maps should stay the same as the old maps. (Ultimately they probably should just be bundled together in a old school map pack.) The final enhancements of new dog/wolf skin and villains map pack have been interesting and a small step in the right direction to giving the game a slight bit of a custom feel. COD: Ghost overall however has been a let down. Now we will just have to wait and see if next will continue the downward slide or if Activision will be able to redeem itself. Expand
  5. May 1, 2014
    Its a good game not a great. I like the campaign and the only really fun the is that they brought back infected and safeguard. The weapon and attachments are really cool and has very good graphics.
  6. Oct 16, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay isThis game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay is good. You know shoot, slide shot, all that **** LOL. The maps they're not so big, but since you're running on foot all the type I feel the map's are pretty normal size. They're not so small like BO2. The issue that I have with the maps are there isn't really anything to them. They feel to bland. The lack of realism, is my concern here, I don't want into detail, but when comes to physics it needs to be improved. The game's just too average, COD Black ops 2 out shines in nearly every aspect. Expand
  7. Jun 3, 2014
    before people come and hate on my score i want to make something clear, i am not a cod "fanboy" i rarely play cod games. so ghosts starts as a usual war game there is a war between usa and the federation which actually got me picked in because i aint fighting rusia or middle east people (looking at you mw3)
    i am fighting south-american people (im half brazilian so i got kinda mad but not that much) the story is (by the first time in cod history (since mw1-mw2) pretty good, i liked the characters and the way of the performance each of one did and i kinda played the story in a spree (lastly did on mw2) because it is good and actually makes me feel good/bad about the characters, let me tell you that the villain is a super a$$h0L and makes me wanna kill him so dam bad but careful because i do not want my squad killed (riley too he is a dam good dog) but at the end i just felt a bit unsatisfied (*SPOLIER* well not actually because the end is a f0k!ng cliffhanger)
    multiplayer: oh boy here is the hard part i will just sum it up
    the multiplayer brings something fresh but bad at the same time, big maps ? horrible, bad and a FaZe wannabe battleground, weapons are kinda balanced but you need to play OptIC style to figure it out
    extinction: not bad but not the best boring 50% and good 50% so its a 5/10 for me
    overall dont trust the battlefield fanboys that hate this game, gta zombies hatin and overall the usual trolls
    if you are looking for a decent/good story then buy it and if you are looking for aliens hard to beat and working together then buy it anything else it is up to you
  8. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My PROS and CONS list about how I feel about Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Pros:
    - 60 FPS Goodness on Current Gen Platforms
    - Soldier Customization
    - Next Gen COD Engine
    - Squads mode behave like real COD players
    - Extinction Mode
    - The Graphics brings back that MW2 feeling on Current Gen only
    Cons:
    - The Campaign is dull and did a lazy job on creating a narrative on COD Ghosts
    - That copy and paste scene pissed me off
    - Multiplayer makes you rage a lot when a dude shoots you out of nowhere
    - Too much large maps makes this game very slow, I prefer fast paced maps as MW2 or BO2 please!
    - The same devs of COD from MW3 shows up and f#cks up the Infinity Ward COD Franchise again...
    - Infinity Ward doesn't feel like Infinity Ward to me no more.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the best casual shooter on the Current Generation consoles but it doesn't suit very well on Next Gen when it comes to the lack of Story, the repetitive multiplayer and the quality of the game. Still the graphics and the 60fps in this game is a surprise though..!
  9. Jun 21, 2014
    This game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have muchThis game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have much depth but it is fun for the shortness that it is. If you want this game just for the Campaign DO NOT GET IT. If you want it for online, okay get it just don't expect it to be like Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets a 6/10
  10. Jul 5, 2014
    I have been a long time Call of Duty fan, all the way from the beginning. With that being said, I will have to say that the current game, Call of Duty Ghosts, has made an enormous plummet in the series. While the graphics are amazing as always, and the campaign is great, the multiplayer aspect of the game has lost its edge. I feel that the developers have attempted too hard to add featuresI have been a long time Call of Duty fan, all the way from the beginning. With that being said, I will have to say that the current game, Call of Duty Ghosts, has made an enormous plummet in the series. While the graphics are amazing as always, and the campaign is great, the multiplayer aspect of the game has lost its edge. I feel that the developers have attempted too hard to add features (in hopes to prevent people from crying that this game is only an expansion pack), and focused less on game play.

I am all about "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach. While it is definitely important to update the game to keep it from feeling repetitive, it's also important to make sure to not steer too far away from what makes a game to be part of the franchise. While playing Ghosts, I feel that I am not playing Call of Duty anymore, but a knockoff wannabe.

The developers need to revisit the core aspects of CoD 4: Modern Warfare, and go from there.
  11. Oct 24, 2014
    this game is a great improvment from games like mw3 first off this game has the funnest campaign in a cod game ever the multiplayer is horrid but bots are fun and extinction mode is mediocre this game is a seven eight and i feel bad for infinity ward because so many people hate this game quickscoping is hard in this game
  12. Jul 16, 2014
    for all you people out there rating it two and zero you are right and wrong. the single player is average but not as bad as say cod 3 but that is not saying much. the multi player is the same friggin thing again extinction is intresting enough and i found myself ingnoring squads after a while. and the game has some outdated visuals sometimes ghosts a 2013 release looks worse than mw3 afor all you people out there rating it two and zero you are right and wrong. the single player is average but not as bad as say cod 3 but that is not saying much. the multi player is the same friggin thing again extinction is intresting enough and i found myself ingnoring squads after a while. and the game has some outdated visuals sometimes ghosts a 2013 release looks worse than mw3 a 2011 release. all in all ghosts is average it is not the worst cod ever but it is not the best one either. and the facial animations are awful. and the multiplayer learning curve is way too high. if you want a good cod game from IW get cod 4 or mw2 those are better games and are worth more of your time than ghosts Expand
  13. Aug 18, 2014
    COD Ghosts trailers prior to launch showed a graphically superior experience, which the led me to believe that they have improved from Black Ops II. Wrong! COD Ghosts has only graphics to rely on. I only play COD for the multiplayer due to the fact that I am a husband and father and I have to sneak late at night to play a session or two of multiplayer. My biggest complaint in Ghosts isCOD Ghosts trailers prior to launch showed a graphically superior experience, which the led me to believe that they have improved from Black Ops II. Wrong! COD Ghosts has only graphics to rely on. I only play COD for the multiplayer due to the fact that I am a husband and father and I have to sneak late at night to play a session or two of multiplayer. My biggest complaint in Ghosts is how the class setup system works. I can’t even setup a pistol only class; it won’t let me setup a class without a primary weapon. This system is a huge step back from Black Ops II and should be overhauled be a massive update that fixes the issue. In addition to the inferior class setup; squad points are completely bull crap. Infinity ward should have kept the progression of weapons dependent on use because I suck at COD and it takes ions to earn squad points. I have gone three or more games straight going positive without earning a single squad point. If you haven’t purchased COD Ghosts already, don’t. Unless you really want to play a different COD story, if not wait until Advance Warfare comes out. Until then Enjoy Black Ops II. Expand
  14. Oct 19, 2014
    1st off I don't know how much they paid those critics but it has to be a bribe. This game is the WORST Call of Duty I've ever played. The Story was awful, and The Multiplayer was the same old un-innovative piece of garbage. Activision needs to shelf this series for about 5 to 10 years and try again then.
  15. Sep 4, 2014
    A ton of People hated it, and to be honest, I don't like it aswell. The Campaign is...meh. it's okay, not the best though. The Multiplayer COULD be good, but the players ruined it.
  16. Sep 27, 2014
    Well as a CoD player for the past 4 to 5 years. I have to say this game has sunk low for me. But that CoD gun and run formula is still there and had plenty of fun getting to 10th prestige. But I have to say...... this is a bad CoD and definitely the worse one I've played. The story in Ghost is dull and uninteresting. I only played it for the easy achievements. The Ghost is just boring andWell as a CoD player for the past 4 to 5 years. I have to say this game has sunk low for me. But that CoD gun and run formula is still there and had plenty of fun getting to 10th prestige. But I have to say...... this is a bad CoD and definitely the worse one I've played. The story in Ghost is dull and uninteresting. I only played it for the easy achievements. The Ghost is just boring and the reason they called it that is because of the popular Modern Warfare 2 character named Ghost. Seemed like they couldn't come anything interesting and that is sad.

For multiplayer, the first thing you'll notice is poor color and details. All the color seemed to be suck and everyting is just bland. Making it harder for you spot anyone because they blend in with the background easily. To make it worse, when you aim down the sights there is too much crap all over the place. Like trees, bushes, rubble, building materials, etc. This has always been a problem for me in Infinty Ward games. Okay speed things up a bit in this review. The maps are to big and you're constantly running. The kill streaks are hardly any good as you don't see any amazing kill streaks being used online. Theres too many perks its just a mess. The Cod points ruined the leveling and reward experience as you can get the best gun at the moment you prestige.

Extinction mode is okay but never good as zombies but it is better spec ops or survival modes.
  17. Dec 30, 2014
    COD ghosts is great game (for multiplayer). I wasn't much interested with the story mode. but you probably know that the multiplayer the big thing about the series now.
  18. May 17, 2015
    Ghost at the end of the first mission ,attcked by wolves ,one gets me and a big flashing x. Appears and the attack keeps repeating itself.unabled stop or fight off ??????
  19. Jun 14, 2015
    Pretty much the same as every other Call of Duty. But the one thing making it better is the game modes online many different ones than before that makes it better.
  20. Jun 23, 2015
    MW 2 was better but this is little bad short story bad multiplayer not many guns CHARACTERS SUCK this has better fish AI new dog modelsMW 2 was better but this is little bad short story bad multiplayer not many guns CHARACTERS SUCK this has better fish AI new dog models whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh REALLY so it must be the best game because of that I QUIT that's IT I AM D-O-N-E ! Expand
  21. Oct 27, 2015
    The game isn't as bad as most people say. Yes the guns are very powerful and some of the maps eg Stonehaven were God awful but the DLC is good. If y ou want to get a Call of Duty game wait for BO3 of buy BO2 as they're still a huge amount of people playing the game.
  22. Jul 18, 2015
    Ah yes, CoD Ghosts. This game is barely ok. Gameplay is alrite, only complaint I got is the guns sound like sh2& when shot. I wish they did better on the guns, cos they sound like **** I bought this game for Ps4 but i'll write my review here since I clicked on it lol
  23. Oct 20, 2015
    Really just not a good game. Bought this for $20 just to play the campaign which was decent. The online was just bad; not one good thing I can say about it.
  24. Feb 24, 2016
    o jogo call of duty ghosts tem algumas qualidades como: boa história e boa jogabilidade. mas foi muito inferior ao black ops 2. o modo alien não chega nem aos pés do modo zombi. não da mais pra jogar quatro jogadores no multiplayer local, coisa que me deixou muito frustrado. tem itens inovador, porém não são interessantes.
  25. Mar 14, 2017
    I bought for u equivalent 5 euro. And i have to admitt that since Modern Warfare nothing change. Sometimes its even worse (graphics), campaign is very poor, i prefer black ops and both MW 1 and 2. Anyway multiplayer is still good and there is a lot of modes, guns. That why i give weak 7.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.