2.4

1. Nov 10, 2013
    One of the worst games ever. Recycling old cinematics. Even Zombies was bad. Please stop producing more CoD Games. Campaigns are atrocious, no story. The graphics look crappy in multiplayer. I always tell everyone, the only way its surviving is because of ZOMBIES. My brother and I are really bumbed out. With all their advertisements, it was all bullcrap
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    worst call of duty EVER multiplayer is terrible its lag ops all over again maps are way to big with a ton of debris and trash in the maps too many perks so you gain no distinct advantage gun are weak graphics suck big butt DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS GAME NOT WORTH THE PLASTIC ITS PRINTED ON
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    COD continues to devolve from the standard set in COD4 MW and MW2. The graphics and soundtrack are great. Too bad the game mechanics, play options, and game modes didn't keep up to par; in fact they're a step backwards. Issues:

Lag Seems as bad as other versions. No change here.

Snipers to Looks like the sniper exploit has been curtailed somewhat, but snipers are no longer
    snipers like they were in MW1/2.

3D & Dual Play From what I see, completely unavailable. HUGE step backwards from COD Black Ops II.

Hardcore Mode Absolutely pathetic offering. Every mode available in standard should be available in hardcore. For those of us who have to suffer thru the covered up lag, hardcore is a lifesaver. FFA Hardcore: completely inexcusable this is not offered.

Maniacs What were you guys thinking? Amusing for 6 year olds...are they your core audience?

SATCOM In the military...that's "Satellite Communications", not some tracking system. Have yet to see any benefit to this kill streak reward.

The "Dog" Man's best friend seems more like a bullet magnet than a savior. A puppy compared to Black Ops 2.

Maps Some are OK but all are too big. I feel more like a marathon runner searching for Yeti than engaging any enemy players....when I can find them. But I sure can hear their footsteps across the map which brings us to....

Footsteps Footsteps, footsteps...everywhere. The sound does not match up and is overpowering. I swear the footsteps are louder than the bombs.

Options(-----): No ability to control separate sounds...ie FX, music, players. Trying to mute all...an exercise in frustration. Trying to setup player classes is really a chore. In Black Ops II could easily modify classes while waiting for match to start. Not here.

Matches: TOO SHORT! Bump up the points and/or the time. Feels like I'm waiting in the lobby as longer then playing the match. Matches should be +5 minutes. Up the points on team deathmatch.
  4. Nov 10, 2013
    I used to look forward to each Infinity Ward release of Call of Duty. I never was a huge fan of FPS shooters until a friend recommended the title to me. I always play the campaigns and beginning with MW3 it almost started feeling like IW didn't seem to care about the campaigns. Meanwhile Treyarch was making a better multiplayer adding in new features. A lot of people have said this game feel likes an expensive map pack. It truly is...nothing earth shattering with the campaign and the multiplayer had serious issues. If you aren't hosting you are losing. This problem may be solved once dedicated servers kick in. But right now it's an absolute disaster. 50% of the time you get taken out you think it's a sniper and then you see the kill cam and realize 6 bullets were actually used instead of 1. Again patches may fix this issue but this version of CoD is nothing that hasn't been done before Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    Terrible game! especially the online aspect of it which i'm only going to cover as of right now. whether you like the game or not is your opinion, but the game is trash and that's a fact. overly big and complex maps make camping a must in this game. Lag lag lag! always a second behind whats actually happening on the screen, guns kill to fast making it a game of who sees who first. flinch is also crazy in this game. I don't understand what they where thinking, a game that only takes a second to kill someone running on P2P? The game also has some of the most random things that just suck any hope of having to use skill right out of the game, K.E.M strike in a care package? Like what is that? Anyway i'm done with COD. It's about time i found another fps to play exclusively. Hell i may even give battlefield a try. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    This version is still garbage....nothing has changed in the mutliplayer...in fact we now have LESS kill streaks which separate COD from BF much like BF's use of vehicles and destructible maps separate it from COD...Also the dedicated servers are a joke...havent been on one yet.... lag is still there, p2p hosting sucks ass...... spawn points STILL havent been fixed even with much bigger maps....we are still spawning right in front of enemies, planted explosives and other stuff that you shouldnt have to spawn in front of...these so called dogs are dumb as toast, and im pretty sure it shouldnt take 5-9 bullets to bring one of them down....there are WAY more things i could note whats wrong but I have addressed the main issues why this game sux....I came into playing this with an open mind after YEARS of disappointment and frustration with treyarch and IW putting out regurgitated BS.....rest assured there is NO real improvement in the multiplayer. This franchise certainly has no ambition or drive to deal with the flaws of its predecessors...while they claim to have made strides in diversity with its player customization...WOW bug whup.... most of us are concerned with the flaws that have plagued COD's in the past and NONE of them are addressed Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2013
    This year's most popular FPS war series that was announced a long-awaited step forward. Unfortunately, changes were again small. Call of Duty: Ghosts like its predecessors, also in terms of the number of explosions and even exaggerated pathos accompanying videos.
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    It hurts me to give call of duty a better score then battlefield, but give credit where credit is due.. The game looks pretty, its smooth, good sound and slick set peices, Tiny tweaks make the game more fluid like a new cover system, and Riley is worth the price of admission alone,.. Battlefield could learn a few things. on how to deliver a satisfying single player campaign. (can't believe Im saying that.. And a game that still has split screen is refreshing not everyone likes to be a half a world away when they's extinctin' a whole mess of aliens... I was dissapointed with no spec ops at first but Extinction was a pleasent surprise and I found it more enjoyable then zombies. You all know multiplayer, love or hate it there really is something for everyone.... Sorry battlefield not this time, not even close... I now must quietly finish eating my crow.... Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2013
    appointment, at least when it comes to multiplayer. To be clear from the outset I loathe campers with a passion bordering on the irrational. I know that in RL, soldiers don't run around like headless chickens, but darn it if this is supposed to be a game oh, and fun.

The scenery is so drab that it makes it ideal for campers to blend into the scenery, The access to all weaponry,
    attachments and perks from the outset was a massive error in my judgement as it doesn't encourage players to push themselves and level up for better weaponry. Instead what we see with the introduction of a sniper rifle, assault rifle and sub-machine gun with built in suppressors is that the game is played in total silence. To date I have come across only a handful of players that actually made a noise.

Gone is UAV and replaced with the fairly useless sat-com, so again a boon for the campers. Put a sat-com out and all you've done is hand the opposition an easy kill as they will pick up on it straight away.

Just in case the camper was struggling we have magical gun sights that allow you to see through walls (quite thick walls actually) so y'know... even less reason to move.

The maps themselves are relatively mundane, there's certainly no jaw-dropping, pant-wetting map that everyone just has to play. Instead what they have is lots of corners (for the camper) but very few nooks and crannies for you to jink in and out of.

They've re-introduced the assault and strike packages which is good, but have done away with the classic care package that allowed you to mix the game up in past iterations of the franchise. Instead what we have now is a somewhat limited and mostly redundant set of rewards, absolutely none of which is a game changer.

And what is most frustrating of all, is that if only the developers had put a little put of effort and creativity into the game it could have been so, so much better.

After a week of GHOSTS and 5 five years of commitment to the MW series, I cannot wait for Battlefield 4
  10. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is one big insult to true cod fans, which loved the game also for its campaign AND its multiplayer. Big Epic F***ing Fail Infinity Ward. I refuse to play and support you any further. You lazy
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    I'm gonna be honest here. It appears that most people who wrote reviews for this game haven't even played it, they're just bashing it without giving it a chance because it's Call of Duty. I'm willing to bet only 1/3 of the negative reviews are from people who actually played it and bashed it.
    Anyways, I'm gonna be honest, it's not a terrible game. Yes, it is the same formula as past CoD
    games, but the formula works (i mean people keep buying it). The new multiplayer maps are slightly above mediocre, and the multiplayer is about as broken as black ops ii with all the lag. What redeems this game is the fact that it's still fun to play if you're not a person who's been playing CoD your whole life, the graphics are still good (even if the update isn't much).
    Breakdown:

Pros Excellent graphics, good story, brand new game mode

Cons same formula, terrible maps (especially Stonehaven) and the lag comp.

New Extinction mode is neither. It's a nice addition to the game, but it's a far cry from zombies. So to all you no lifes who just write reviews to write them, just stick with your CoD4 and leave the new people alone.
  12. Nov 12, 2013
    Call of duty ghost is honestly the worst game ever... It's just garbage, it's just flat out terrible. It's like MW3, trash. DO NOT GET THIS GAME!! I have wasted 60 good ass dollars on this trash game
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    If you've never played a call of duty game it's definitely worth checking out. IT'S NOT WORTH $60!!! If you've played call of duty before you're probably aware of the scheme used in which a new game is added to the series, they change the guns and a couple mechanics/gamemodes and suck the money out of every living 10 year old. Don't get it. If you insist on getting a call of duty game get Black Ops 2. (or get overgrowth for PC it's really good happy gaming) Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    Let's get this out the way, I am not one who blatantly hates Call of Duty. I can tolerate more of the same as long as it's generally fun to play. However Call of Duty:Ghosts is boring and uninspired.

I know this just sounds like camper rage but as far as multilayer goes; it embraces a 'Aim and Wait' style of game play. Hell they've even advertised adding corner camping to the A.I bots.
    It's far too advantageous for it's own good especially in COD:Ghosts. Gone is the fun factor of classic Call of Duty, here is a AAA game of patience.

People may argue that it's the community's fault rather than the developer. Listen, If you gain that much of an advantage just by deciding to wait and aim; it's a balance problem plain and simple. It's gotten worse with each installment. being able to rush effectively in past games and now it's to the point where you cannot walk 2 meters without stumbling into a field of 20 snipers. Let's take a look at what the developer has changed this year.

-Maps are cluttered with more corners and vantage points
    -Shotguns still hasn't been viable since MW2
    -Marksman perk is now gone
    -Louder footsteps
    -Dog that protects and doesn't seek
    -IED and new equipment alike
    -More peripheral vision for Snipers
    -Ballistic vests bumped to an 8 Killstreak

These seem like small issues but it all adds up, It's just baffling to me that every change gives advantage towards that BORING Aim and Wait style of gameplay; and everything against it gets nerfed. I mean MW2 was a game that got the logistics of shotguns correct. Sure they kill instantly, but that's the advantage of actually flanking and getting up close. Was that too cheap of a gameplay tactic? I guess the campers didn't like it and that's who they listen to, now the only way to play effectively is to hide behind a barrel and hold the aim button (which is about as fun as watching flies f***)

Call of Duty has lost it's spark, not by franchise fatigue, but by constant design choices that help encourage boring gameplay.
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    As a PC player, this game has failed in every aspect. 6GB RAM requirements are bloated an unnecessary. There is terrible stuttering and framerate drops on high-end systems. Textures and overall quality is poor and not "next-gen" at all. Don't be fooled, these developers lied about this being next-gen.

Multiplayer gameplay is awful. You'll die and spawn right in front of someone else OR
    even the same person that just killed you. Team Deathmatch is a campfest because running and gunning won't work. You'll die in 3 hits or less from pretty much every gun in the game.

The only redeeming factor is single player. It crashes very very often but it is somewhat enjoyable when it works. Other than that, there's nothing to do here, folks
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    Note: I have not played the campaign. This is my take on the rest of the game. The good/decent: Extinction mode The mediocre: Hit detection/lag, Squads mode, the new slide feature The bad: Everything else. Allow me to explain. Extinction mode takes place of the typical Spec Ops mode, which for me was a huge disappointment, as I had always enjoyed Spec Ops more than Zombies or anything else. Either way, it's a decent alternative with aliens. I would give it a 7/10. Worth playing some, but probably won't be remembered much in a year. As for the online...yikes. The Connection: Overall decent. However, you will still experience lag, and may have trouble if you don't get a head start on the enemy by using perks that help you out-maneuver the enemy (becoming quicker, aim faster, flinch less). However I must say...where are these so-called "dedicated servers"? Grade: B The Maps: Unfortunately, this may very well be the biggest heart breaker of them all. 90% of the maps are MASSIVE. I mean massive as in, map sizes CoD has barely ever seen. And they're forgettable and terrible. The overall designs are poor. The thing is, there are no main hot spots for action. There are tons of windows, doors, bridges, etc. to keep out for. There aren't the typical three pathways, there's many pathways. Before this game, I believed MW3 had the worst maps by far. But this game takes the cake. The maps are downright forgettable and laughable. Grade: F The Spawns: You might be thinking to yourself that the spawns would be good because of the map size. I wish. Believe it or not, the spawns are pretty bad. There are times where you will spawn directly in someone's line of sight and you'll be gunned down instantaneously. Grade: D The Gameplay: I'll be frank. The gameplay sucks. Because of the large maps, everything happens at a snail's pace. There are tons of campers thanks to the massive maps and multiple areas to be ambushed from, as well as lots of soundwhoring, due to the Amplify perk that basically allows headphones users to hear just about everyone around the map. Quickscoping IS NOT gone, by the way. They lied about that. The support streak system is back with the assault streaks, along with specialist. They're relatively balanced, however the dog streak is ridiculous for a 5 kill streak. Otherwise the streak system is good. Also, if you liked rushing in the past games, forget about it here. The maps do not encourage fast gameplay. Sad, I know. Killstreak system grade: B Overall gameplay grade: D- The Modes: So they took out some popular modes like Search and Destroy, Demolition, and Capture the Flag, though they are apparently bringing SnD and possibly others back. There is Kill Confirmed, TDM like normal, a new mode called Cranked that plays SLIGHTLY quicker (but still at a snail's pace for the most part), and modes like Infected and Hunted, which are more BareBones like. They're OK, nothing special here. There is also the new Squads Mode, where you can team up against someone else's Squad, many times you are playing another real person, but your teammates and his teammates are just computerized bots. Taking on waves of bots brings back the Survival Mode of MW3 in a way, though it's not as finely executed. However, just about every mode plays too slow, thanks to the awful maps. Domination and Kill Confirmed use to play somewhat fast, but they play slow now. How lame. Mode grade: C- Leveling Up/Unlocking System: This system sucks in my eyes. The highest level is level 60. Once you reach this level, you may now start your first prestige on a second soldier, who may be male or female like your first, and may be customized to a degree, which is decent. You get a total of 10 soldiers, each of which can have multiple classes. The thing is, you have to re-unlock the stuff on your second, third, etc. soldier that you have unlocked for the first one, which makes for an annoyance. So if you have all the perks unlocked for soldier one, you have to re-unlock them for all the other soldiers, separately. Additionally, there is the Squads Points system. Basically, a weapon, perk, or otherwise will unlock automatically once you level up to a certain level, OR you can unlock it prior with Squad Points. The thing is, SP's take a long time to accumulate, and you level up V E R Y slowly in this game. When you first choose a soldier, you have to choose a class. You will be stuck with this weapon until you get more SP's, which is very annoying. So for those of you that liked the Black Ops 1 unlock system where you could pay for items, you will hate this. It will take FOREVER to unlock everything and experiment with all the weapons and perks. Unlock System Grade: F The Weapons/Equipment: The weapons are relatively balanced. The grenades are HORRIBLE though, even with Danger Close. They completely ruined those. Equipment include campy items again, and there are also campy killstreak rewards. Grade: C OVERALL GAME GRADE: F Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm starting to think that they're called Infinity Ward because they are infinitely terrible at doing good things. Call of Duty has been a huge embarrassment to the entire gaming industry for years now, but this just takes the cake. Please, for everyone's sake, including your own, stop making games.
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    We all know that if this was the first CoD ever to be released, it would have a near perfect score. Critics shouldn't compare it to previous games because it really ruins everything.
  19. Nov 15, 2013
    This is arguably the worst call of duty ever made, the only time its any fun is if you are camping with a sniper rifle other wise you die before you can even blink. The new game modes suck and squad VS squad is complete BS. A bot did a perfect 180 and shot me through a air vent in the building he was in, outside across a 10 foot gap, through another wall into my leg and i died with the worst assault rifle in the game. Screw this game I'll rather play Bf4 and black ops 2 Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    Just to be clear, I generally love CoD games. I've owned them all since World at War, and I've watched them improve in graphics and gameplay over the years.

Not only does Ghosts not improve, it literally takes a step backwards. Make that 4 steps backwards. I had the accidental fortune (or misfortune) to have two Xboxes and 2 flat screens side-by-side when my friend and I loaded in
    Ghosts to play for the first time.

Literally within 30 seconds we turned to each other with alternately confused and sour looks on our faces. Within 5 minutes our sense of unease had blossomed into full-on aggravated bewilderment.

Bewilderment turned to shock and rage when we finally decided to run Ghosts side-by-side next to Black Ops II. The graphics in Ghost are much, much worse. We were scientific about it we compared specific things: headlight to headlight, grass to grass, gun to gun. Ghosts is drab, pixelated, flat and grating to look at.

So we pulled Black Ops II, and put in Black Ops I. Guess what? Even Black Ops was superior. Ok so surely, if we put in Modern Warfare II, Ghosts would beat it. Can you see where this is going?

In order to find worse graphics than Ghost in the CoD lexicon, we literally had to stare down the barrel of a crappy circa 2008 World at War bolt action rifle. But at least Ghosts was demonstrably better than this dated pixelfest right? Sure...until we looked at the grass on the ground. World at War grass made Ghosts grass look like an 8-bit Nintendo acid flashback.

If Activision is actively trying to murder the CoD franchise, they are really nailing it. This game is a corpse; unless you're a necrophiliac, or have a nostalgia for being nauseated by dated pixelated eye vomit, I would save the $60.
  21. Nov 16, 2013
    lol everyone pleaaaaase do themselves a favor and stay waaaaaay the away from this aids infected piece of stick with black ops 2 and mw3. absolutely no originality and maps are 100x worse than previous COD's
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    I agree its not the best in the series, but giving a game a 0 because of the few shortcomings and derivative gameplay is harsh. The game is really a 75 and was still a fun ride.
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    It is extremely too easy to die has already been hacked and has a horrible multiplayer experience. I thought it was supposed to be the best cod yet that was a load of this is by far the worst call of duty ever oh and the pre order bonus for the classic ghost character is a mask and not to mention free fall doesn't move once it is a normal map with glass shards constantly falling i regret buying this game Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing call of duty ghosts i am glad to say its the exact same thing as call of duty black ops 2 except with some stupid annoying other stuff. the graphics still look like mw3 and it's supposed to be coming to next-gen. also wtf is squad points they are basically useless once you get the gun you want and add all the attachments. also all the weapons are pathetic same thing insta kill snipers OP sub-machine guns dont get me started on the marksman rifles that basically what everyone uses,the assault rifles are improved but not by much you will not go 100-1 kd wise. the maps are so large i dont know what activison was thinking making the maps so needlessly big. also the destructibility we were promised is not battlefield level of destructibility you can blow up a wall thats basically it. in other words dont buy it go buy bf4 or wait save your money go buy you and your girlfriend a nice dinner. just please dont buy this game. unless you dont have a life buy it. it will make you forget how pathetic you are. Expand
  25. Nov 30, 2013
    COD Ghost is precisely what I expected it to be. Instant gaming for the masses. Everything in this game is cheap and quick. The campaign is crap but who plays COD for the campaign. The multiplayer doesn't only feel like every COD thats been released for the XBOX 360. It also adds in cheap "innovations" which aren't really original they're just taking from other platforms and COD BO. However, the game serves its purpose. We're entertained and love this franchise so much we'll spend $60 dollars on a new expansion every year.

I gave this game a (6) because I somewhat enjoy the multiplayer. However, I feel that IW dropped the ball on introducing a new chapter in COD; they should have stuck with MW. This game is becoming so similar to BO its almost impossible to tell the difference. Hopefully, the Next Gen will encourage some real changes.
  26. Dec 7, 2013
    Wow, COD really needs to look at all these reviews. My review is the Campaign, when you get to the end you realize you've wasted your time. And the Multiplayer sucks balls with Spawning. I think Imma go back to COD Black Ops 2.
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is the worst of all in the franchise, the multiplayer is very dull and not innovative as they said it would be, killstreaks are boring as hell, lag is at its worst with no dedicated servers like they said we were going to get, my review completely tackles the multiplayer aspects of this game because they are in fact enraging to deal with, single player is ok and Extinction gets boring to fast, definitely should of had more maps for it, and squads is boring, very disappointed Expand
  28. Nov 29, 2013
    It started with the Nazis witch is ok, them the Terrorists Fine) Then they followed BF and put Russians as enemys then the Russians again and then more Russians and now that Russia is have been pretty used (Poor Russia) they need to find more enemys and what would be more racism than the Latin People getting super OP (Cause everyone know that Brasil,Mexico,Argentina ETC) Have access to Gigantic Army robots, MILITARY SPACE SHIPS CAPABLE OF STEALING A US NUCLEAR MISSILE SPACE STATIONS (cause that makes sence) and destroy the US with no reason oh and we need to remenber that most of the battlegrounds have something like TacoBell or a Latin Embassy were most of the blood hunt happens Expand
  29. Nov 19, 2013
    Pros: Good Graphics, Extinction is fun, and not as bad as Black ops 2.
    Cons: The maps are awful, they are to big which causes many issues. A lot of guns are overpowered! Sniping is way to overpowered and with the big maps it makes the game very annoying.

Overall: I have always been a Cod fan, but I believe cod is coming to a end. Black ops 2 was a god awful, and Ghost is just
    disappointing. I recommend the developers to actually sit down next time and think of better ideas because it's sad on what they've came up with. Expand
  30. Nov 19, 2013
    i would give this a -5 if i could.... COD GHOSTS IS FULL OF SH*T, honestly i loved blops 2, 1, and mw3/2. BUT GHOSTS IS LITERAL SH*T MERGED INTO DISC FORM! @%#$@##@%#$@#$$##$#$%#$%^&*^%$#$%^&
  31. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is absolute garbage. Infinity ward doesn't know what the their doing anymore. Their games have been ever since they made MW2. MW3 was a rehash piece of and ghosts is even more terrible. I can't stand it. The gameplay is choppy and practically all the guns are overpowered. It's impossible to have a good time playing this game. Even the campaign, which was amazing even in MW3, is complete The story is TERRIBLE. The only thing I can stand in this game is extinction, but that's not enough. The multiplayer is what matters the most and I can't stand it. I can't even except the fact I have to deal with this of a game for 1 year until trey arch releases a REAL call of duty. Seriously IW get your game back...trey arch is trampling you in every shape way and form. Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't know why they made a game designed for campers and the aggressive players are being shot down by ppl who jus sit and hide in corners and bushes.this call of duty ghosts is a waste of time n money waiting in line for it so be released.black ops 2 is way better than ghosts although i was a believer in the modern warfare franchise. Poor staff you guys had in developing ghosts.failure
  33. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played this game for a few hours, and i can easily say that it's terrible, the gameplay is exactly the same as Black Ops 2 and 1, the maps are full of small corners perfect for camping, the singleplayer mode is short and linear. TERRIBLE.
  34. Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly.. everyone before me has made very good arguments regarding the flawed multiplayer, singplayer, and extinction modes but everybody failed to mention the lies that go along with players. I remember in old COD (been playing since 1) when you saw someone with a 2.00-3.00 KD they were fricken amazing players and youd want them on your team but NOOOW your KD rises by playing Infected And you get a win for it too The problem with this is
    1. You can go 10-1 every single game (unless youre infected first.. which happens 1/20 games.. if youre unlucky)
    2. You always get a win for playing infected.. There is no way for survivors to win so you always win.. You can start COD Ghosts by playing infected and within 50 games youll have a 6.00+ KD and 100% win/loss ratio.. Not that that is such a big deal considering 30% of all cod accounts u see today are hacked and you dont know who is good or bad anymore..
    SIGH.. I miss COD
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    I was all excited about this game. I have been an avid player since modern warfare (aka cod4). I read articles saying that they were not resting on their butts, but unfortunately they were. Everything is the same as before. Hacking, quick scoping, not to mention the stupidity of the kills. I guess by not resting they meant adding crap no one care about.

I call for a boycott of COD. Or
    at least let someone else have a go at it. After failing so many times, you would think someone would just put an end to all this. Expand
  36. Nov 25, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game. This is recycled garbage. I will still play it and beat it just for the gamerscore however this will probably be the last COD I buy. I am sick of the repetition and lack of story. It's getting worse and worse...totally unoriginal. The real talent at Infinity Ward is making Titanfall.
  37. Nov 28, 2013
    WORST CALL OF DUTY EVER! this game is horrible. i DO NOT recommend buying this game. Please make a new one cause this one is absolute crap! Why can't they make another COD4?
  38. Nov 29, 2013
    im starting to understand what everyone is talking about (campers). which is BS. I just wish they put some Zombies in the game. But as for the game i dont know.
  39. Nov 29, 2013
    No doubt one of the worst CoD games ever made. The first CoD ever made had a better ending than the entire campaign of Ghosts. I thought Black ops was bad but no thats even better than this crap. They should have just went off of Mw2 storyline but no lets make a entirely new CoD series. Lame!!! Im done woth Infinity Ward after this... Hello Battlefield!
  40. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The one thing I hate about the game is that at the end he takes you and you FRICKEN SHOT HIM IN THE STOMACH like really you got to be kidding me ACTIVATION Sucks at making good endings. And good GAMES THIS SUCKS Expand
  41. Nov 30, 2013
    This is the most pathetic attempt yet in the CoD lineup. No creativity, nothing excitingly new, and most importantly, I feel like a bunch of the game changes aspects that were not broken. I don't understand what Infinity Ward was aiming for here, but it came up substantially short.
  42. Nov 30, 2013
    Truly the worst ever COD. Crap stages. Crap guns. Crap spawns. Crap gameplay. Regret every cent I have spent on this game. What a waste of money!! I would rate this game 0/10. Absolute crap
  43. Nov 30, 2013
    Instead of complete bashing on the game like most reviews ill give a little detail. YES this game does suck. The campaign i heard is good. (havent played it) but the online is awful. there aren't many things good in multiplayer.

Lets start out with the good features:
    -great character customization feature
    -guns are balanced, to those who argue, you can go online and see almost every
    submachine gun and almost every assult riffle being used. in MW2, all you saw was the ACR and UMP.
    -new tactical/lethal grenades.

Things that are neutral (some players like it and some players dislike it):
    -pick 11 point system
    -variety of perks
    -knifing animation. it is very good but it takes far too long. you can knife someone for about 2.5 seconds and die, from another person, while knifing your enemy.

things that are awful/majority of the players dislike:
    -a gun called the MSBS, which infinity ward won't make weaker
    -HUGE MAPS, I MEAN HUGE MAPS ABSOLUTLY GIANT MAPS. (this is comparing them to past COD maps.)
    -many maps are disliked throughout the community.
    -broken deadsilence, can hear footsteps even with it on. (competitive players dislike this.)
    -BARLEY SUPPORTS COMPETITIVE!!!
    (with BO2 being such a success with competetive call of duty, ghosts just kills it. they did not bring hardpoint back, they TOOK OUT capture the flag and replaced it with blitz. ((BLITZ IS NOT THE SAME AS CTF, NOT EVEN CLOSE))
    -NO THEATER
    -game started out with no SnD play list.
    -only 6 guns per category, some only have 4
    -NEW GUN CLASS CALLED MARKSMAN (overpowered guns that can be fired fast, can kill in 2 bullets and can scope in as far as a sniper. some dont have much recoil.)
    -DOG KILLSTREAK. oh my god this killstreak is the worse thing that has happened to call of duty. its a dog that is a 5 POINT streak. it runs around following its master. it can ONE shot people with its bite and is around 3 TIMES harder to kill than a person. A LOT OF TIMES IT CAN GLITCH THROUGH WALLS, SIT IN A CORNER OR BECOME INVISIBLE AND RE-APPEAR TO KILL YOU.
    -besides for the dog killstreak, most other killstreaks are bad and arent worth getting the kills for.
    -brought back the different pointstreaks per class.
    -did i mention how big the maps are?
    -leaning can be broken at times, bugs out and just keeps leaning back and forth
    -you have very little health. I MEAN IT. you can die from 2-3 bullets to the leg. 1-2 bullets to the head.
    -did i mention how annoying dogs are? it can take up to 10-12 bullets to kill one and YOU CAN NOT KNIFE IT (unless really weak.) YOU WILL GET A HITMARKER
    -you DO NOT pick up dog tags while knifing a player
    -LAST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, INFINITY WARD IS NOT LISTENING TO THEIR PLAYERS

so, if you were looking for a breakdown of the game, you can read my big list of things that are wrong with the game. and i actually gave this game a rating instead of a 0. this game is better than a 0 because it can provide some entertaining moments.

last thing, they spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on character customization, but you barley see your player in game. infact they spent so much time on it that they forgot to create better/more guns.
  44. Nov 30, 2013
    I honestly feel like the critics were paid off for the reviews. If you look at the ratio of critic vs. user ratings, the critics give mostly positive reviews while the users give bad ones. The game is bad. It is a simple rehash of MW2 and 3 and adds NOTHING new to the table. The campaign lacks complete imagination and the online is dreadful and boring. You die to easily, maps are way to big, and simple game mechanics are almost verbatim of past infinity ward titles. To honestly say this is a good game shows that the person has never actually played a CoD game before. Black ops 2 is easily a more superior game with many new features never before seen in a cod game and the massive support for the competitive community which is growing by the masses. Hopefully IW and activision can pull it together before they buyer the CoD series. Or just hand the project off to Treyarch Expand
  45. Dec 1, 2013
    I tried! I really tried to like this game! Customizing your soldier and the new guns that they have to offer is a great addition to the new Call of Duty series. However, the multiplayer team death match modes rarely allow players to reach the kill limit because the maps are so big. There aren't any choke points like in previous installments of the Modern Warfare or Black Ops versions. To have had a budget that was over 250 million dollars for a single game, I would have expected a lot more. The squad mode is good but only if you will always be playing with 5 of your friends. Overall I would give this game two thumbs down. I wanted to like it but it is a complete waste of life! Expand
  46. Dec 2, 2013
    Worst game I have ever bought for a first person shooter. Lazy effort put into this game by the creators people are hacking this game out of its mind and they are sitting back not doing anything about it. I have never had a problem with these guys until this game. if you are reading this and haven't wasted your money yet don't buy this game it is the worst $70 you will ever spend.
  47. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is utter garbage. Do NOT waste your money on this. The only reason people buy it is because they are brainwashed into thinking they're "cool". You're not cool, so don't waste yours (Or your mums) money on this game!
  48. Dec 3, 2013
    the multiplayer is the worse ever! the maps are way too big. the lag and hit detection is garbage. the killstreaks suck. everything about this game is crap. there is a guy on youtube search for theassistman who gives a very good review of how bad this game is. do not waste your money on this game you will be sorry and wont play it after a few days. i tried to like it like others but thats just not possible. i wish i could give this game a -10! Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2013
    This is by far the worst Call of Duty to date. The ranking system is awful, the maps are awful and the money system is awful. The game is nothing but a let down. I have had every Call of Duty made and wish I could say anything good about this one but I cant.
  50. Dec 7, 2013
    Just an awful game. The campaign was the usual crap story we have seen time and time again,the multiplayer was linear, small map combat,sights which allow you to use essentially legal wall hacks. They are still using lap compensation and a host, causing issues with the games connectivity and hit mark detections. Although I enjoyed extinction mode, that wasn't enough to earn even 1 point on this list. I have love CoD since the original, and I am sad to see it die, but it doesn't need to continue. The companies need to use the time they have to produce a game more efficiently and give the community what it wants, not rehashed maps,guns and perks. Expand
  51. Dec 7, 2013
    Let me preface this buy saying that I am a huge COD franchise fan. Let me follow that up with, this game has been nothing but a disappointment. Repeatability comes from the multiplayer experience, and it is completely lacking in balance. Extinction and the Campaign are fun but do not save how horrible the online experience has been. The system for grouping people together is completely unfair (my rank is 994000 and I got placed against a rank 54 and 130 today, that's 5 orders of magnitude folks). The lag factor (which all COD players know and despise) allows for a person to seemingly not know your there but when you watch the kill cam, low and behold they have really been looking at you before you started shooting. The Guns are unbalanced and it is completely designed to set up a cheap class system as opposed to unlocking as you level. The online experience is really poorly designed and leaves most players wanting and frustrated. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME!! I wish I could get a refund Expand
  52. Dec 7, 2013
    i am a huge fan of call of duty i played all the games of call of duty but unfortunately this one is a huge piece of garbage !!
    its the worst thing that call of duty made really bad i still cant believe that call of duty made this game
    any way stick to your black ops 2 or get battle filed this is my advice to any body who likes call of duty .
    cause ghost is a piece of garbage
    and i regret getting it Expand
  53. Dec 8, 2013
    Activision stop worshiping fish AI and the reailitice crap I hate it because one man army is B S this is one of the worst installments in the series if you belief this war could all happen you have to belief that NASA made a space cannon
  54. Dec 9, 2013
    this is by far the worst call of duty game I have ever played..... I'd rather play world at war than this. infinity ward used to have some good games like MW3 which I wasn't to big of a fan of on multiplayer but the single player was my favorite cod campaign yet. the campaign and online experiences are garbage....I couldn't even finish the single player for ghost
  55. Dec 10, 2013
    By far the worse game I have ever played. Were are the short fast maps where snipers cant lurk and take you out at every opportunity. where is the fun. All maps are geared to snipers, in real warfare snipers make up less than 1% and dont run around why is your game biased to them. Utter rubbish traded in no more cod for me. As for Mr Eric Hirshberg telling us its all good and there is nothing wrong with Ghosts. Well my friend I will not buy another Activision game let alone a Call of Duty I will take my hard earned money else where. Expand
  56. Dec 11, 2013
    13 years, and still no engine update? Ick. This game is a dumpster fire. MOHW or BF4 if you're looking for something fun. It's over, time of death: Modern Warfare 1
  57. Dec 11, 2013
    The Game is terrible. Quickscoping still exists, and sniper rifles are even more overpowered because of the bigger maps. C4 throwing, Y-Ying, and pretty much every other exploit still exists. The only good things are the graphics.
  58. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wooo-hooooo! The ending means there will obviously be a sequel! The game is unique with a Black Ops 2 like multi-player. The campaign is badass! I think it's bull how many bad reviews it got, in fact it's insane. This game will be fun for a while! Expand
  59. Jan 2, 2014
    I felt very let down by this game. The build up for it was great and the marketing campaign phenomenal. However, the final product was incredibly sub-par. Yes, the improvement in graphics and minor aspects of gameplay are noticeable; however, besides an anticlimactic campaign with a frustrating ending, the multiplayer leaves much to be desired. It is a redo of previous COD games and it fails to deliver anything original. I compare it to going to watch the new Transformers movie knowing you are going to get 76% the same scenes and storyline. I played the game for 1 week and then took it to Gamestop for some in-store credit. Hopefully Activision can deliver something original next time. Expand
  60. Jan 2, 2014
    I hate Ghosts spawn in aftger dying!
    I hate all the clan people taking over and ruining playing multi-player.
    I hate the incorrect matchups. It's a computer, statistics, do better!
    I hate the wait times to spawn in!
    You can count on getting shot immediately up spawn in!
    I hate the lag! I have a 30mb download and 20mb upload. Pure lag from Activsion servers!
  61. Jan 21, 2014
    This is the worst call of Duty made thus far, the maps are huge for no reason. The guns suck. No spy planes. Oh and dad I mention, maps are enormously gigantic, making you have to run a freaking mile before you see someone. So while looking for the opponents, they're camping waiting for you around the corner. There's not enough assault kill streaks. No gun game. I play it on my ps4, so I got rid of my ps3 and black ops 2 (bad mistake). I mean, all of Treyarchs call of dutys have been better than Activisions, from multiplayer, campaign and especially zombies. Overall prognosis, ghost sucks. Can't wait til November for the new Black Ops. I don't even play ghost that much, not even that long. I would play Black Ops for hours on in, smaller in your face maps, making it a rush, shoot em up style. Not like Ghost where most of the games end because time ran out. I might just stop playing it and switch to playing sports games only. P.S. I wish I could give it a negative score on top of another negative to the 3rd power. Activision, you just lost another fan of your brand. Stanks A lot Expand
  62. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let's do this review like CinemaSins

Everything Wrong With Call of Duty: Ghosts in 7 Minutes or Less

BEGIN!

- Same old generic campaign
    - Awful multiplayer spawns
    - **** DOG killstreak
    - Awful multiplayer maps
    - Stupid campaign characters
    - Stupid campaign ending
    - No campaign choices/loadout customization (BO2 Did it....)
    - 850 **** kills with a chrome barrel for a ghillie suit? What if i'm no good with snipers?! UNFAIR!
    - Marksmen rifles overpowered
    - Shotguns overpowered
    - Snipers overpowered
    - Extinction is stupid
    - Squads are stupid
    - Why would Hesh be so insistant on killing Rorke himself? Why not just jump off the train, then have the space guys ODIN the **** out of the train? Boom.... Problem Solved
    So far Total Sin Count: 14 But LETS GO ON! :D
    - Main character's family dies cliche
    - Main character obsessed with catching bad guy cliche
    - The doggy gets shot :'( *sniffle sniffle*
    - Why not just launch guys up into space earlier then just ODIN the **** out of the array complex?
    - Oh isnt it just **** convenient that the guys tell riley to hide and then she just HAPPENS to show up at JUST THE TIME they need her?
    - Giant maps... ONLY 6 V 6
    - Overpowered guns
    - Riot Shields and C4 in search
    - NO GHOST CHARACTER FROM MW2 >:(

Total Sin Count: 23
    Sentence: THIS GAME SUCKS CAMEL DICK!
  63. Feb 17, 2014
    This game sucks mw3 is 100 times more fun and is 5 times less money don't buy this game all guns and maps r bad and dark and getting camps now sucks to mw3 is the game game plain out sucks also my mode I only play was taking out demolition and infected I love but it sucks on ghost
  64. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is very slow paced because of the huge maps. They brought back one if the most annoying perk in the cod franchise, Danger Close. Theses Battlefield sized maps causes people to camp with snipers. The gamemode Cranked doesnt make the game any better because the maps are huge and it can take forever to find person to kill before you die. They left out many great gametypes in the past like CTF, drop zone, demolition, and headquarters. Whats really stupid is that they have 2 Seacrch and Destroy variants but no Demolition. Blitz is too simple and requires no skill since u just have to just run into the enemy portal to score. There is no theater mode which is VERY disappointing for me. Horrible game. You are better of playing Black Ops 2. Expand
  65. Feb 18, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghost is, well, it just "is"... The game not anything very impressive or innovative with most of the work was in the foundation in the first place. I'm not going to say the developers didn't try because it's hard to change something this big and something that sells so much. It's a great case of "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but that doesn't really work when your releasing 10+ different games. But I'm forced to give it this score because it's a repeat of the same games over and over, while there are better games that are a lot more fun that deserve the spot light. This games features are, well, ordinary for a Call of Duty game. I can say the game is polished, feels nice, and does what it is supposed to. But this is just Call of Duty 4 updated over and over. I can't say its a bad game (As much as I want to) but it is getting old as well as annoying to see the success of this game because, as I said before, there are better games that deserve the spot light. Expand
  66. Feb 19, 2014
    No. Just no. This game was supposed to have all of this "Next Gen Gameplay." Well so far, I've seen none of that. This "Freefall bonus map" was supposed to have all of this levolution. The only levolution present is the occasional animation of the building falling, which in my opinion, isn't even levolution. Half of the guns in the game were taken from previous games and thrown in CoD Ghosts with a new name. The Remington RS (ACR in MW3) is overpowered as usual. But! They've put in a new class of weapons, marksman rifles! Can you say overpowered much? These things are more overpowered than LMG's! No kick, two shot kill, huge ammo capacity. You can even put burst fire on it! LMG's are still very overpowered though, typical CoD. Riot shields are more overpowered than ever, using C4 and danger close. Now there are a few decent improvements, such as being able to customize your characters, but the levelution that was supposed to be very present, isn't anywhere to be found. You can get KEM Strikes (MOAB from MW3) in care packages now, making them less special. You can be a pro and go 25-0 while some other person is going 3-17, but he gets a KEM Strike too. The guard dog is insanely overpowered, as it takes three shots using a bolt-action sniper with increased damage to kill. There are also IED's, which are pretty much miniature IMS's that can be equipped as a lethal. You can no longer go prone to avoid IMS's as well, you here that sound and you go "Yup, I'm dead." The game feels exactly the same as MW3, even the sounds and animations. In a nutshell, this game isn't worth half of the money that they want for it. The campaign was honestly decent, and I'll give them props for that. That's really the only part of the game that doesn't make me want to rip someone's head off, along with extinction. Extinction is actually quite fun. It isn't like that promised "Zombie Campaign" that was promised in Black Ops 2. There is actually a strong storyline that you're forced to go through, unlike in Black Ops 2 where you just went through wave after wave and nobody really cared about the storyline. It's your typical CoD game, and that doesn't surprise me one bit. Not worth buying unless you're only in it for the campaign. The campaign doesn't make it worth $60, though. Expand
  67. Feb 22, 2014
    Look im not one of the ones that onky reviews this game bad cuz of the flow but literally this sucks if you are a camper or alia play this if not dont
  68. Feb 23, 2014
    I really don't see how everyone hates this game so much, I for one love this game and it is one of my favorite call of duty's to be released. The multiplayer is amazing and I like it more than the other ones. Tired of hearing "its always the same" many game franchises have the same concept in games like call of duty. And please stop comparing battlefield to this game, completely overused and annoying. Its a completely different game. I recommend you guys to buy this game Expand
  69. Feb 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything is awesome! I've played this game for like six hours at a friends house and I loved everything about it. I am buying it as I am writing this. yay! Expand
  70. Feb 24, 2014
    Absolutely 0 realism as always; and they also added the invincible knifer as one of the kill-streaks. The same game over and over and over again except with addition of even worse crap. They need to learn something from battlefield, Knifing a soldier isn't easy especially if you're trying to stab them in the front, they HAVE tactics to avoid being stabbed. They don't just take it and unless you knife someone in the skull it won't kill them instantly. Expand
  71. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is bad , the campaign is OK the multiplayer is **** and extinction is very fun, not as good as zombies,but still very good. The multiplayer suck mainly due to the maps and how well people blend in and the fact that all guns, except 3 or 4 are terrible no I dont' hate COD I just hate this one
  72. Dec 13, 2013
    Another bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fire them as fast as an assault rifle, it takes 5-6 bullets to kill someone, despite the higher caliber round inside a pistol. Might as well not carry the damn things if you are handicapped for using a pistol. Players still have that crackhead level of speed, meaning that due to the horrendous latency, you'll get killed by someone storming a staircase before you can fire a round off. The hitboxes are also garbage: you'll hit someone 6 times with an assault rifle dead on and they'll still turn around and drop you in 2 rifle shots to the chest. The spawn system is absolute garbage, literally throwing you to the wolves as cannon fodder to the opposing team. Other times, an area you just checked and cleared will suddenly have an opponent warp in and kill you from behind. Killstreaks are pretty bland, and the devs managed to mess up iron sights of all things. The graphics are nice level wise, but the character models sometimes look like they were modeled on a gamecube. The single player is low quality drek and should be avoided. In fact, avoid this game all together. Rent it if you must but save yourself some agony and stress--don't buy this piece of crap. Expand
  73. Jan 14, 2014
    After 2 months of playing Ghosts, I really can't seem to find any reason for the franchise continuing on like this other than for the sake of easy money. CoD Ghosts' campaign is a super slow starter that does peak a bit to the point of being interesting and worth finishing, but the methods of which this franchise's storyline will be carried on were pathetically scripted and made for a cheap excuse to continue on. Honestly, why bother with over-theatrical endings with impossible outcomes when you could just end it here and start fresh like just about every other company? That leaves us with the multiplayer to rally what has become a bothersome and uninspiring series over the last couple iterations. Like Black Ops 2, the multiplayer of Ghosts copycats its predecessors heavily but strips out a lot of the best things about the glory days. Gone are cool killstreaks like the AC-130 gunship, nuke strike, predator missiles, and such. Instead, we have things like rockets that are near impossible to nab kills with and high-end killstreaks that are incredibly tough to acquire. The setup is hilariously bad at times and saps some of the arcadey fun that we used to have back in Modern Warfare 2 and 3. Also noteworthy is the poor spawning system that seems to be setup for much larger maps but instead gets squeezed into the maps at hand and ultimately screw you over as players will literally spawn behind you, leaving you unaware and defenseless at random. Also, the dedicated servers that were promised are still missing in action. Infinity Ward have gone on to comment that they're coming, but no date has been given and it's been confirmed that they aren't even available for most platforms. Xbox One owners should eventually have access to them through the support of Xbox Live, but it's entirely possible that by the time they're implemented, we will all have sold off this mediocre excuse for next-generation gameplay and be on to something more promising like TitanFall or Destiny. If you are buying an Xbox One, or any other next-gen console, for a better experience, this is not where you want to end up. Try Battlefield 4 if you must have a shooter now, or try something else completely. Or... wait until March 11, 2013 for TitanFall, which is made by the guys who designed and helped write the first Modern Warfare game and made CoD great. Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2013
    Ghosts was a great game. It had good graphics, Kool new weapons and the characters are good. It just sucks how there was a cliffhanger at the end. The multiplayer is better than ever, with more things to do and good maps, and the extinction mode is fun.
  75. Jan 6, 2014
    Users write the worst things about this game, and its true. Multiplayer is the worst experience you can get out of 60 bucks. Spare your money!

Cod MW should get better with each release, but its only a money making thing of the companies behind it., in fact its getting more with each release. I really hope there is another company with better ideas to make fun out of this genre.

The
    "professional reviews" are great, but the user scores show the truth.... Expand
  76. Jan 28, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: They finally made a game with bigger maps! Finally you can actually SNIPE instead of running and shooting with a sniper gun. They took out tactical insertion (BOOO!!) Some maps actually change due to Kem Strikes like BF4. Great guns that really PUNCH. They started a new line of guns called Marksman that's in between Sniper and assault. You don't gain XP on weapons but you gain Squad Points that serves as currency and added "Operations" in 5 categories that gives you mini-missions or things to do like 120 kills with no attachments or with Red Dot sight or fall without damage using Resilience Perk etc. Those give you big XP and a Point. It's a huge improvement over-all with new stuff added. Quite Honestly I cannot figure out why anyone would not be VERY HAPPY playing this game. Expand
  77. Dec 26, 2013
    As someone who isn't a fan of the Call of Duty franchise (most of the game's effort being put into the lame and repetitive multiplayer levels rather than the campaign itself), I began Call of Duty: Ghosts thinking it will be nothing but the same formula which many of fans and gamers alike are growing tired of, but I was a little surprised by this instalment and in my opinion is not as bad as what people may state it is. The first few sequences of the game are very well structured (the first space level mostly) and gorgeous scenery is presented throughout the game, albeit some unfinished textures here and there which I guess will be cleared up on the next-gen versions of the game. There has also been some nice editions and changes to the game such as the addition of Riley, an animal companion in some levels of the game, who is always a joy when appearing on screen. There is also a lack of the repetitive breaching scenes as well as improvement on the "knifing" skills in which rather than a lame little slice, it is now a violent stab hence improving this. The game also features a great soundtrack, which not many reviewers touch upon and in my opinion, I think it works well with the game. The game certainly does have some drawbacks such as the game's storyline and story-arch which isn't necessarily terrible, but it is rather derivative, cheesy and quite messy and never manages to be as interesting as the first Black Ops storyline, which matches the fact that hokey dialogue is present as well. Other drawbacks include it falling back into generic Call of Duty territory as it delves further into the game and it does certainly get a bit repetitive at times in true CoD fashion. Overall, I kind-of enjoyed Ghosts albeit its flaws and I certainly expect this review to get plenty of dislikes due to the reasons stated prior. An underrated game. Expand
  78. Dec 25, 2013
    Removed defining Call of Duty game modes (s&d, demolition, capture the flag, ground war, headquarters). 3 hour long campaign. Miniscule health in core. Party chat in search and destroy. Absolutely atrocious maps. Invasion mode fun for about 3 games. Every song in the game sounds like a refrigerator rolling down a mountain at different speeds. Every gun sound sounds like a man groaning edited at different pitches and speeds. Promised dedicated servers nonexistent. Second main character played by worst voice actor I've ever heard. First mission uses reskinned animation from mw2. Multiplayer graphics worse than mw2 (just look at pictures intensely hexagonal tires). Fun new innovative sliding and wall peeking!? Straight from medal of honor series. Explosions look like cartoon fart clouds.Worst purchase of 2013. Biggest money waster of 2013. Almost completely turned me off to video games. Never buying call of duty again. Expand
  79. Nov 17, 2013
    Decent CoD game. Some old, some new, some welcomed. The campaign is the same old, same old. The best looking CoD to date... looks marvelous on PC and next-gen. The multiplayer is the classic, addictive CoD everyone knows with some tweaks to the loadout scheme and addition to Squads. But probably the most underrated and least talked about feature is the new Extinction Mode.--Think... Zombies, except with aliens. Very satisfying. Overall, the game is solid. But if you're bored with CoD, don't buy it. And don't downvote it if you haven't played it. Don't trust anyone who gives this game a "zero" or "ten," lol. Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2013
    NOTE: This review is for the campaign ONLY. My LIVE subscription ran out.

I did not like the campaign because it committed one very big crime. It wasn't that the story had the tone of a B Movie plot. It wasn't that it painted the US as being victimized (really!? The US makes a WMD and it's only bad if the Latinos use it? Come on!) and it wasn't even because the game uses the same old
    'follow the leader linear path' formula that COD always uses (surprise, surprise).

No, its biggest, worst crime, is that it is BORING.

Say what you will about the previous games, but they knew how to make a campaign. They had great pacing and great action. Always kept me interested. This campaign has NONE of that.

For a start its storyline was REALLY bad. I mean, I was expecting a B-Grade Action Movie plot from Call of Duty, but this was terrible even by those standards. Firstly, I rarely had an idea of what was going, or even what anyone's motivations were. The Federation? Who were they why did they do what they do? I sure as hell didn't know! Secondly, is that I wasn't able to give two damns about ANYONE in the story. The Ghosts have the personality of robots, everyone had bored voice actors, and all this talk about them being of almost supernatural background comes off as really dull. Like a grandad trying to spook an adult with a kids story. As for Rorke, he comes off as being an unreasonable dick rather than as this badass Spec Ops version of Bane (You'll know which level I refer to). And thirdly, is that the story is disjointed. We jump from the Jungle to the arctic to Fricken SPACE with little to no explanation. For all the talk about the US being on the defensive, you're never given that impression from the amount of hardware the army always fields. While invading Chile.

The sound design is also just plain terrible. There's hardly ANY music ANYWHERE. I only realize it now, but the lack of music really drains any drama out of the scene. It's incredibly dull as a result (the helicopter level is a good example of this).

But surely the gameplay, while still unchanged, still makes it a fun experience? Wrong. It's just plain dull. There's no intensity, no hooks, no drama. You're given all these cool toys, but they only last as a one mission gimmick. There's two vehicle levels, but they're poorly designed. And to make matters worse, all of the cool stuff introduced in Black Ops 2, like branching storylines, the ability to pick loadouts and the more interesting level design is gone, with nothing new to replace them with.

And finally, even the big set piece moments suffer. I'll admit that there were two, maybe three levels that were pretty cool (including a mountain base raid involving disguises and a level with an arctic oil platform) but everything else is, well... ordinary. There's the level where you command drones, there's the level where you shoot from the back of a moving car, there's the one in which you push back an enemy army. It's all stuff we've done before, with little in the way to revive it.

Overall, I hate Call of Duty Ghosts not because it's the same old crap. I hate Call of Duty Ghosts because it is WORSE than the same old crap. It feels like a massive step backwards, a sign that Infinity Ward is bankrupt of ideas, and is now rehashing old crap in an effort to make a yearly release for the franchise (seriously, they ripped off a scene from the Dark Knight Rises. And although the series has always taken scenes from old action movies, to take a scene from something released so recently feels different). The Call of Duty series may have always had the same tired formula, but it has always had the same solid level of quality propping that up. Now even that is gone.
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    I thought COD Black Ops 2 was a very enjoyable game. COD "Ghosts" is reprehensibly bad! I really wish I could get my money back. The characters are flat, the campaign dull, and the graphics simply unremarkable. Nothing special about this at all. If you are really bored and have no other game to play, then this game might serve as a temporary distraction until you can get your hands on an actually good game! Do not waste your hard-earned money on this sack of scheisse. Expand
  82. Nov 17, 2013
    Look, I've bashed the last few Call of Duty games without mercy, but personally felt like BO2 provided glimmers of hope for the franchise as it had just enough ideas to elevate above all other recent offerings. But here comes Infinity Ward to wash all that away in a tide of garbage. Totally linear, same multiplayer, mediocre graphics. At this point, you get what you pay for people who buy this know what they're buying. So if you want to then by all means do so, but if you found previous incarnations lacking, particularly since mw3, then steer clear, and wait to see if Treyarch continues to push the series forward next year.

This is why I give it a 5; at this point the people who play this game enjoy it and those who don't will absolutely hate it. A mix between a n 8 and a 0 is a 4.
  83. Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah, so, uh, there's some crap in here about astronauts and guns and space battles and satellites but it's supposed to be cool and modern and edgy. What the f*ck is this?
  84. Nov 21, 2013
    Another year, another COD. I buy it every year and have loads of fun but this year, it's all gone to pot. I love the MP but whoever designed these maps needs taking outside the IW offices so all the other members of staff can throw stickies at them. They are too big and too cluttered, I've gone through a whole TDM match and have seen 5 people! The best map on it is Stonehaven and that seems to have been stolen from Halo!
    This could be the last IW version of COD I buy, those maps have ruined it. This could even be the last COD in this format we see for a bit. The next gen with games like Titanfall and even BF4 make this look as old as the concept is. I wanted it to be the game that carries me through the winter, but it's just not the same anymore. Avoid this and spend your hard earned cash on something more worthy. Hell even BF4 is a better option and I've never got into Battlefield games.
  85. Dec 21, 2013
    This only for the single player. I gave up on multiplayer back when they decided knife trumps all. Is not a complete loss but only rent. Game looks great. A.I. is absolutely terrible. Occasionally kills you for strange events ("Avoid getting hit by car" is my favorite.) they paid for a big Hollywood screenwriting to make the story; they deserve a refund. Parts are lifted from different movies that did it better. I don't expect much from a cod story, but please don't let every line be cheesy as possible. And don't let the villain devolve into Friday the 13th style schlock. We know you're planning to sell dlc centered around it, you're not being clever. Dog is cool but under utilized and is used as an obvious pull-the-heart-strings. I've was around a military dog once and have talked with guys how've worked with them; they are not friendly creatures like the one in this game is.

I think I would've given this a higher score if it was a midway decent game by a new company. Instead of a midway decent game from the leftovers of infinity ward. Don't pretend you're the same company as before in an effort to sell games and then claim it was a decent first effort at the same time. From what I saw, 10% was brilliant and the rest was either tired or substandard. I think the ten percent was from work done by infinity ward before they dissolved.

Kudos for getting a game out under such difficult circumstances. Hopefully next year's will be better.
  86. Nov 11, 2013
    Not the best game of the franchise but not a bad game at all, you can clearly sense that this game was made for the Next Gen due to some lack of online features, The single player campaign is not the most original and the voice actors make it feel like low class movie.
  87. Nov 14, 2013
    I see the usual spam reviews from people who don't even play CoD but just come here to hate on it are in full force for this CoD just like all the rest.

Overall not the best CoD ever but close. The campaign is easily the best one yet although as has been the case with the past 3 or 4 CoD games the campaign on veteran just keeps getting less and less difficult. Extinction mode is
    alright. It's doesn't hold a candle to zombies but still it's enjoyable although far to easy once you level up and unlock things like the sentry gun. As for the multiplayer let's face it it's the same as always. That being said when you've perfected easily the best multiplayer experience ever made there really is no reason to change it. Expand
  88. Nov 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty title. The campaign's good as any, really, but the real deciding factor is multiplayer. Just like other CoD titles, you play different game modes, get XP and unlock weapons, camos, etc. Squads Mode offers offline players a chance to experience online play while unlocking new weapons and gear for their characters (which can also be used online). Customizing your characters' appearance and gender is finally an option, though it's not nearly as deep as, say, Halo 4. Extinciton's an interesting addition, tasking you and up to 3 other players to destroy alien hives while fighting off waves of aliens. Despite all of this, it's the exact same game engine we've been playing for nearly a decade, just with prettier graphics (especially if you're playing it on Xbox One or PS4). At the end of the day, this Call of Duty game is just like any other Call of Duty game: there are going to be people who like it, and there are going to be people who hate it. And from the looks of things, I don't expect that to change anytime soon. That said, it's still a decent game. Just don't expect it to re-invent the wheel. Expand
  89. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IW's first bad game. I normally look forward to the IW release every other year over treyarch, and I thought after the fairly disappointing MW3 launch in 2011, that they'll step it up again in 2013. Well, I was wrong. They took a step back this time. 3 steps back to be exact. They focused way too much and the tiny details rather than focusing on the main idea. It was rather boring to be honest. The campaign seemed to just drag on and on. One of the worst things about the campaign was that it felt more like some copy and paste things (just retextured and more dog in it) from the MW series, but get this, it felt like a goddamn WW2 game during some parts. I mean WTF? This game is set during 2023 (I think). Not only that, I'm pretty sure they got somebody from a previous WW2 COD game to voice Rorke, I mean he even sounds exacly like the Sgt. from COD 2:Big Red One, except louder. And the trenches too. Yep, there's trenches, I was thinking that they retextured that from a scrapped WW1 or WW2 game a while back, I mean it feels like the Trenches in COD 2:BRO. And another thing too... physics doesn't seem to apply much in it, as you can shoot guns in space, and as far as I'm aware of, oxygen doesn't exist in the vacuum of space, so how do they fire? In the underwater level, the sharks are way too aggressive, actually I don't even think IW knows about sharks. For example, sharks in real life are way more scared of us then we are of them. Should you shoot 1 shark once, instead of swimming away, every shark in the whole goddamn ocean decides to swim faster than a bullet at you and attacks you. How does that work??? And even if you shoot it, if it comes within 15 feet of you, every move you do will freeze, and the shark commando lunges (MW2 reference if you don't get it) you, and you can't even defend yourself. And even if you kill one, another pops out of nowhere and does the same thing. Another thing too is that Riley, the dog/STAR of the game is soooo annoying. It's Riley this, use your dog for a really long part of the mission that if you fail you have to start at the beginning of that part again, or just plain carrying the poor thing. It's just annoying. Then back to Rorke. So IW, what if you're shot by a .44 Magnum round in the heart? Shouldn't you die? Yes of course you should, escpically when you're 10 feet away from the gun too. Yeah, so you shoot Rorke at the end underwater with that gun, and yet he magically lives. And what's better is that there's no way he could have come up from 50 feet with a bullet wound underwater and live.So basically if you wanted there to be a Ghosts 2 or whatever (Oh god please no), you could've done something more believable at the end. Moving to Extinction mode. It's short and sweet. It's very boring. For MP... Poor map designs, bad support, and just too many campers (which I guess it the same thing as the map design.). Well that's it. Expand
  90. Nov 15, 2013
    REDUCED SCORE: After a week of 'getting to know' COD Ghosts I am reducing my score by 50%. Another year, another HACKED TO PIECES piece of crap game. Tonight I shot someone, who had juggernaut on, I couldn't kill him but my rounds rickochey'd and blew me up? Hacked code. Aimbots, wall hacks, all easily available if you want them. Cheaters and campers all accommodated. Honest, good players totally screwed. Bored of little kids on a supposedly 'mature' game. Bored of Playing HardCore Kill Confirmed where everyone camps. NO ONE IS PLAYNG THIS THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED. What a waste of money. Expand
  91. Mar 24, 2014
    Atleast this game works right, I'm having a much more pleasant experience playing this than Bf4.

Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 demonstrates that there are pros and cons to everything, but when a game is worse than the other but works right, it's a better game and has a big advantage. Three months ago I went to play Ghosts, still playing it now and I'm done with Bf4, sorry EA.

However I judge COD and other franchises in their own rights, I'm just making a point the people at EA needs to see.
  92. ECU
    Apr 18, 2014
    Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes", "one bullet-one kill" moments every damn level, like every five minutes, it WILL NOT excite the players. I have to say again the story feels like it has been written by a 15 year old who's seen 5 or 6 war movies in it's entire life. The graphics looks worse than Black Ops 2 and I think it's meant so to make the next-gen version look way more better. Sound design also lacks the quality of the CoD series. IW, Neversoft and Raven are all respectable and talented studios but they wasn't ready to work together it seems. Activision should cancel the "one CoD every year" policy and start thinking about a fresh start with a lot more time and creativity. Expand
  93. Feb 26, 2014
    This games campaign was cheesy but not terrible in my opinion. Multiplayer is just pathetic. Game modes like sabotage , demolition gone? Epic fail... I can say i am done with this franchise. Long live demon/dark souls / 2
  94. Dec 26, 2013
    I bought BO2 as my first ever cod game. I fell in love with multiplayer. I never got really good but I loved to play. Each game was a rush and I never got tired of it. As soon as I could, I preordered Ghost and I couldn't WAIT to get it. I didn't know that the games were made by different studios so I thought they would be more alike. I didn't care for Ghost at first so I kept chasing the high that BO2 gave me and I never found it. I traded this game in today. I only play multiplayer and it just didn't seem as fun to me. I'm actually much better at this COD but I don't have near the fun I thought I would. For me, the maps are too big for how strong the bullets seem to be. I can't trash the game but I think Bo2 is much better than this in almost all aspects of multiplayer. The one aspect I like better in Ghost is the unlock system. Other than that, Ghost felt very blah to me. This is my first review and I know it wasn't very in depth but I wanted to write it to help anyone that wanted to buy Ghost just because they enjoyed BO2. Expand
  95. Dec 22, 2013
    The funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemy weapons and approaching enemies with more thought than shooting anything that moves, that it would be a cult hit for those longing for an expansion of CoD4's All Ghillied Up missions Unfortunately, in the hands of a post Zampella/West Inifinity Ward, it is bizarrely as bad, even worse than its World War 3 styled predecessors in terms of bombastic set pieces, and about as stealthy as a truck with giant amps blaring out nu-metal full blast at the enemy.

The graphics may claim to be better, but such bland art direction makes it look worse than Black Ops 2's near future style. Gameplay is as recycled as you can get, and new ideas seem to be taken as jokes by the devs, who would much rather stick with their formula than try anything remotely new, in case players have a weird fear of change.

The campaign is very forgettable, and considering that an oscar winner wrote it that's a surprise. It is just as racially insensitive as MW3 when it comes to depicting anyone other than the U.S (come on, South america this time?), and there is no emotional connection to the player character. Crucially, it takes itself far too seriously, so there is no fun to be had at its own silliness the way Blops 2 had.

Simply put, doesn't live up to its promises, and instead sticks to a far too worn path that most have got sick of at this point.
  96. Dec 27, 2013
    Even though i have been a dedicated COD hater since MW2 I have to say that this game is a heartbeat in the dying franchise. The campaign has characters i liked even though elias is a little cliche. Ending isn't too great but i had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the environment and the idea altogether. Not too shabby IW but you have a bit to go until getting back to MW glory
  97. Jan 21, 2014
    Call of Duty: Dog Ops, I thought was gonna be a change. I kept hearing people say same COD same **** but I wanted to see and play the game for myself and man I just wasted 50 bucks. The game touted the use of the dog, but his use is very minimal with the exception of it's use in multiplayer. The story could have been more interesting if the enemy was actually believable. Really, a South American Union? The graphics are fair for the most part, but what's the point of interesting levels if you're simply moving upon a set path with no branching ways to take. Also if the squad you're controlling is suppose to be stealth killers, then shouldn't the game have way more stealth aspects to it? I'll take it Ghosts will be the new COD story arc for the next-gen gaming systems til they start talking about the next new COD storyline. Oh, well guess I'll go outside. Expand
  98. Nov 12, 2013
    Multiplayer review only

Reopening my metacritic account for the first time after reviewing only one other game. WRC powerslide which was a great Mario cart style game that was great fun.

The user score for this game is just stupid. I have been predominantly battlefield since bfbc2 yet have always bought and after a while taken back COD games. After seeing the multiplayer trailers for
    this game I thought what the hell and bought it.

So far I have not been disappointed, yes there are no dedicated servers but any host advantage or lag of any kind is minimal to say the least. People say the maps are boring when in fact they are quite well designed and unlike the last 3 COD game mw3 and plops 1 and 2 the maps have more of a realistic feel to them. what im saying is every room does not have 3 doors or 2 stairways to counter camping. Every corner of the map cannot be seen by a window somewhere.

The gun sounds are quite good and heavy although I am running through a 1000w ss system. Graphics are tidy but could be improved upon.

I would have given this a 9 however 6v6 for most game modes is not enough (Id like to see at least 8v8) and what is with always having a very stripped down game choice for us hardcore mode players.

If you enjoyed MW2 and were a little disappointed with the following iterations of COD then this certainly reminds me of MW2 just much more polished.

It gets an 8 from me
  99. Dec 27, 2013
    Black ops is so much better than any modern warfare version that comes out. These games are repetitive and do not change enough to be interesting. Save your mullah and keep the older versions.
  100. Nov 9, 2013
    It not amazing, but its not good either. Although it is the same thing game play wise, there are enough changes behind the scenes that let me have fun with it and try something new. But they made the maps bigger, and let you play with less people. 12 is now the max amount of players you can play with because modes like Ground War are gone along with S&D. The destruction isn't even noticeable in MP and it could have been taken out of the game because I haven't seen anything happen at all yet. The campaign is much less condeluded as previous installments and although it rips off Red Dawn and Modern Warfare 2, its a breath of freash are to go into a new story not held down by previous installments. Its stupid as hell, but i enjoyed it. I honestly havent played extinction and dont really plan on doing it soon so dont ask me about that. But over all I would give it a low 50/100. Nothing spectacular and will definitely giving something for fans to do, but you can tell CoD is at the end of its life. I'll be interested to see what finally knocks it off the top in the genre. (Hopefully Titanfall of Battlefront :D Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.