2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2050 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Good game as usual keeps us entertained:) ignore all the Cod haters. The core elements of the game are greatly improved .The game is more realistic Sound is great guns look good Game has way more depth then previous versions aswell. So I support the game fully and will playing till I get my ps4 on current gen which then I will buy on ps4
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    I had many doubts about this game because we all know Call Of Duty is well known for not taking any risks,
    But I'm happy to say it is a really good game, the campaign is action packed in every mission, you do a lot of stuff that has never been on any CoD game before.

Multiplayer is good, it keeps all the things that made this franchise famous over the years and adds some new stuff, not enough to change the way gamers have been asking but still a lot of fun, we all know multiplayer is always fun.

The aliens mode is awesome and it'll keep you busy and entertained.

This game receives a lot of bad scores because people think of it as a whole, if you take it as a single game you'll be amazed how fun it is.
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wooo-hooooo! The ending means there will obviously be a sequel! The game is unique with a Black Ops 2 like multi-player. The campaign is badass! I think it's bull how many bad reviews it got, in fact it's insane. This game will be fun for a while! Expand
  4. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best game ever. When i got this game i shoved my 10 year old penis through the disc hole and cummed all over my t.v. The best part was calling everyone a noob online knowing they cant do anything. I also found out that annoying people was easy due to my squeaky ass voice. best game ever 10/10. nothing beats this masterpiece.
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    CoD Ghosts is Pretty decent and enjoyable, The Single player is fairly short but still fun, Extinction is a nice new addition but could use more maps and then it would be great. The multiplayer which is the big part about Ghosts is good fun to play and has nice features to it, the Strike Package system is back which I personally liked as I could change my class with different strikeCoD Ghosts is Pretty decent and enjoyable, The Single player is fairly short but still fun, Extinction is a nice new addition but could use more maps and then it would be great. The multiplayer which is the big part about Ghosts is good fun to play and has nice features to it, the Strike Package system is back which I personally liked as I could change my class with different strike packages for whatever mood I'm in, the new game types are very good. Cranked is a nice fast paced game as when you get a kill you gain increased speed and some other abilities but at the same time you have 30 seconds to get your next kill. Blitz I have still yet to understand but is still fun. Search and rescue is basically search and destroy but with a new element to it, whenever a player dies he/she drops a Dog tag which if recovered by a team mate will bring you back into the game but if recovered by an enemy you're dead for the round. The class system is good with everything unlocked at the start but has to be bought with squad points which are unlocked through operations (challenges) or by playing and levelling up, character customisation is cool and customisation items are unlocked through operations. Sadly there is no emblem editor, but I can look past that. The maps finally have some variation in them for all weapon types which changes the pace of most games, unlike in BO2 which had very SMG heavy maps. I think I have covered most of the game and overall I give it 8/10, SP is short but still enjoyable, Extinction could do with more maps and the MP is a good solid experience with a lot of new features. There is recycled content but it doesn't make the game terrible as most people are saying. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of duty is awesome the single player is epic and the multiplayer is the same as always it's a Good fast paced high action shooter I'd recommend it to any true gamers to play
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    Gamers are so spoiled & nerdy now. Everyone needs to relax. Consumers demand a new COD every single year, otherwise they would piss & moan. They have been making a new COD since 2005. There is only so much they can do to change the gameplay and visuals and still stick with the same COD configurations and concepts. People's expectations are so high that nothing will satisfy them. They makeGamers are so spoiled & nerdy now. Everyone needs to relax. Consumers demand a new COD every single year, otherwise they would piss & moan. They have been making a new COD since 2005. There is only so much they can do to change the gameplay and visuals and still stick with the same COD configurations and concepts. People's expectations are so high that nothing will satisfy them. They make changes every year in the game to try to satisfy different individuals with tastes and feel. Has everyone forgotten that there is a wide variety of CODS out there to play? Play the one you like, DUH. Your life's not committed to the new releases, you have options. Then people will complain that the maps and guns are getting tiring. What do you want them to do? Make the newest cod exactly the same but different guns and maps? Then you'll complain that it's all the same (which most of you are saying now). Jesus Christ, stop being so spoiled. If I were the producers I would say these nerds, they don't appreciate anything. But then i'd still make them every year cause i'd be making bank I haven't even played the game, but I'm PRETTY SURE that a game isn't THAT BAD were people would rather live in the old days were there weren't even cell phones and had to play with sticks & bugs. Appreciation, why don't you invest in that instead of "stupid worst piece of &^%$ same old call of duty." Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    With new moves and excellent graphics, Call of Duty Ghosts is the best game in the franchise. The Campaign story is nice, using many countries participating in it. Extinction is a nice expansion to play with friends, but the monotone map can be a problem in the future. Multiplayer is very dynamic with complex maps and balanced weapons. You need to make a strategy to play. CoD Ghosts isWith new moves and excellent graphics, Call of Duty Ghosts is the best game in the franchise. The Campaign story is nice, using many countries participating in it. Extinction is a nice expansion to play with friends, but the monotone map can be a problem in the future. Multiplayer is very dynamic with complex maps and balanced weapons. You need to make a strategy to play. CoD Ghosts is also difficult to pall. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    Okay Now For A Real Review instead of just complaining about things.... First of All It's a Military FPS Game. Always has been always will. So I don't understand the gripes about change the game.... NBA2k is always basketball and madden is always football..... etc.... Now to the Game Itself. The Single Player has a nice new story line that gets off the old just part of the army. Now partOkay Now For A Real Review instead of just complaining about things.... First of All It's a Military FPS Game. Always has been always will. So I don't understand the gripes about change the game.... NBA2k is always basketball and madden is always football..... etc.... Now to the Game Itself. The Single Player has a nice new story line that gets off the old just part of the army. Now part of a more covert team. Still has some jaw dropping animations and special events (a la grabbing onto cliff edges before falling to your death) but still pretty much shoot, reload and Survive why??? cause it's a military shooter that's why!!) Graphics are the best infinity ward has released yet. Controls spot on.... Now to the Multiplayer.....
    Hardcord players again suffer from not as many modes as core players but all the standard modes are still there except Search & Destroy. (Update: Search & Destroy will be added in First Update) It Has been replaced with Search and Rescue which is the same except that when some one is killed they leave a dog tag that must be picked up by the opposite team (a la kill confirmed) if the tag is picked up by an allied team member that player is respawned. Definitely more action packed and will have more casual player trying search mode now. Still dedicated search players will be waiting for the update. as far as the Maps they are Now a little bigger not Black ops 1 big, but bigger than BL Ops 2) and even have certain places that have building, signs, equipment that will move and alter the current map. A Nice touch i Might Add. You also have a new prestige system!! Instead of just Prestiging to The Next Icon and Starting over you Now Have Members of Your Squad that you play with a New Player each Prestige! Also Each carries up to 6 New Loadouts (Custom Classes) that you can Access Anytime!! that means you now have up to 36 create-a-classes to use! Killstreaks are back to being done by Kills not scorepoints but UAVs are now placed on the ground instead of the Air. Choppers and Nukes are back with other futuristic ones as well. All in All if you Never Liked Military Shooters this game is not for you. If You Are a Fan Ghosts is the Best of the Bunch and It's Not Even Close
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    We all know that if this was the first CoD ever to be released, it would have a near perfect score. Critics shouldn't compare it to previous games because it really ruins everything.
  11. Feb 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything is awesome! I've played this game for like six hours at a friends house and I loved everything about it. I am buying it as I am writing this. yay! Expand
  12. Jun 13, 2014
    Call of Duty Ghosts was great fun but I think the Ghosts Hacks like these caused an issue with the game. If the new game isn't any better I'm not sure what I'll do.
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    While the Call of Duty franchise is more of an annual update rather than a series of sequels, Call of Duty: Ghosts puts in some interesting ideas for Infinity Ward's future.

The campaign has a good playable story which is packed with action and good gameplay, however it undermines that of Black Ops II, as it's campaign was webbed, so you could play it in any way you wanted, whereas Ghosts goes back to being linear. Some work could be done to the Campaign, but I found it an enjoyable experience overall.

The Multiplayer has brought back some favourite gamemodes, such as Team Deathmatch, a few fun ones, such as Infected, as well as some new ones, like 'Cranked' in which you must get a kill within 30 seconds to not die. The 'Pick 10' class system from Black Ops II has come back with some tweaks; The system is the same but you can pick MORE than 10 things in your arsenal. Character Customization has spawned in Ghosts allowing the player to choose how they want to look in-game, which is always good to have. The Multiplayer in all is pretty much the same mechanics as that of the game's predecessors, but with some new features that new players to the franchise will enjoy. But I thought the maps you played on were TOO BIG. They were meant to be designed for 'Ground War' a gamemode in which 18 players can play at once. However 'Ground War' is not available on the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U versions of the game, so that was a shame.

Now, 'Squads'. 'Squads' is the new Online Co-Op engine in which you and five friends band together to play a variety of Co-Op gamemodes. The favourite 'Survival' mode returns from Modern Warfare 3 in the form of 'Safehouse' as well as a few new Co-Op gamemodes that Co-Op fans will enjoy. What's more, any XP you earn in Co-Op or Multiplayer will count towards your online rank. I thought that this was a brilliant feature for those who are better at one than the other and need to boost their level up.

'Extinction' is Infinity Ward's new Horde-Survival mode in which 4 players must traverse a destroyed alienated landscape and fend off hordes of lethal aliens. The players are armed with pistols of their choice at the start, but guns can be bought along the way. The main objective is to run through the city destroying alien 'hives' and arming a Nuke at the city area thus dashing back to the helicopter. This is kind of a rip-off to Zombies from Treyarch's games in a way, but with a similar system and familiar ideas, this will be good for longtime Zombies players, however there are no Perk-a-Cola's people!

In conclusion, I thought Call of Duty: Ghosts was a rather decent game. It wasn't perfect, but then again no game is perfect. Changes and patches can be made to Ghosts right now, but in its early stages of the game's release I was impressed with the effort that was taken to make this. The Call of Duty franchise is pulling itself out of the repetitive hole its been stuck in all these years, with a brilliant effort made on Black Ops II, and Ghosts has had a good effort put into it too. Well Done Infinity Ward!
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    I never do reviews on games. This will be my first review because Call of Duty doesn't deserve to be rated a 0 and lumped with other games that Wal-Mart can't even give away for free. I’ve played Call of Duty since the original was released for PC back in ’03. If you bought Call of Duty: Ghosts expecting a completely new, fresh and energizing feel. Then don’t get this one. It is the sameI never do reviews on games. This will be my first review because Call of Duty doesn't deserve to be rated a 0 and lumped with other games that Wal-Mart can't even give away for free. I’ve played Call of Duty since the original was released for PC back in ’03. If you bought Call of Duty: Ghosts expecting a completely new, fresh and energizing feel. Then don’t get this one. It is the same Call of Duty formula that we’ve seen for the past 6 years, but that’s why it’s called Call of Duty and that why people buy it. It sticks to the tried and true campaign set pieces and fast paced multiplayer that the series is known for. Infinity Ward did make extinction mode (Aliens instead of zombies) and it plays very well with friends. I never really got into zombies but this mode really encourages teamwork with the different classes you can play once you level your character up to unlock them. On that, I’m giving the game an 8 out of 10 for some of these reasons: They took out search and destroy for unknown reasons, which was one of the most played game types on Call of Duty and I understand the frustration for those that played the hell out of that. Also, the campaign is laughably short. It felt like a tutorial mission to prep me for multiplayer. They shouldn’t of included the campaign at all and focused on a multiplayer only Call of Duty. If you’re looking for something new, buy a different game (Looking forward to Titanfall personally) If you’re looking for Call of Duty, buy it and enjoy the Call of Duty we all know and love. Expand
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    This review only covered multiplayer. Not bothering with campaign till Xbox One release.
    This years COD seems to be a slight improvement over last years. Some of the new multiplayer modes are fun yet stressful at the same time.. The character creation has been overhauled since you can now customize pretty much anything from your face mask to your pants. The make a class system has also taken some features introduced in Black Ops 2 and has improved upon it. The gameplay itself is exactly the same as every other COD yet it feels improved at the same time. I personally would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun FPS.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Change... Change can be good and change can also be bad but I am happy and relived to report that in the case of Call of Duty Ghosts change is for the best with a refreshing campaign a refined multiplayer and a fun and robust extinction mode which see's you and other players defend against a varried array of aliens. Call of Duty Ghosts is one of the best if not the best Call of Duty to date.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    once again a great installment to the series. I would give this a 9 because it removed search and destroy however everyone keeps hating so i'm giving this a 10
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    Same thing that Infinity Ward does every two years. Terrible graphics, lack of innovation and abusive price for the same game released over and over again. 10 out of 10.
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    All the hate is really hilarious. If I put this exact same game out with a different title this game wouldn't have this low of a score, it would probably be around a 7 or 8. If you were to say that this was the first game of the series it would of gotten around a 7 or 8. I can't completely back up COD because they are being greedy as hell and lack luster at times and not using all theAll the hate is really hilarious. If I put this exact same game out with a different title this game wouldn't have this low of a score, it would probably be around a 7 or 8. If you were to say that this was the first game of the series it would of gotten around a 7 or 8. I can't completely back up COD because they are being greedy as hell and lack luster at times and not using all the potential possible, but do I think that this game deserves to have a 2.1 rating no. If they didn't release the game every year then people wouldn't be hating on it. Here is how the hate is spread out for this game

1/4 People who just get mad because they suck at it and come on here and give it a bad review

1/4 Battlefield players who are mad because their game isn't as popular as theres (I can somewhat understand, but what ground breaking changes is that game making?)

1/4 The overhype and how mainstream it is which always brings in hate

1/4 Reasonable annoyance (With the release every year which makes the game feel redundant even if it does have new things, the greediness of Activision, which keeps the game from reaching its full potential)

So even if this game doesn't live up to its potential and even if Activision is a bunch of greedy little bastards, I still love the game and people say that if the game starts to fall off like it seems like it is doing right now with these ratings then maybe, just maybe Activision will wake up, and IW will wake up, and Treyarch will wake up, and it maybe true. But I'm still giving it a review that I feel it deserves, not because of the games before it, or becasue it might wake the people who make COD up, but because of how much I like the game and that's it.
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    It hurts me to give call of duty a better score then battlefield, but give credit where credit is due.. The game looks pretty, its smooth, good sound and slick set peices, Tiny tweaks make the game more fluid like a new cover system, and Riley is worth the price of admission alone,.. Battlefield could learn a few things. on how to deliver a satisfying single player campaign. (can't believeIt hurts me to give call of duty a better score then battlefield, but give credit where credit is due.. The game looks pretty, its smooth, good sound and slick set peices, Tiny tweaks make the game more fluid like a new cover system, and Riley is worth the price of admission alone,.. Battlefield could learn a few things. on how to deliver a satisfying single player campaign. (can't believe Im saying that.. And a game that still has split screen is refreshing not everyone likes to be a half a world away when they's extinctin' a whole mess of aliens... I was dissapointed with no spec ops at first but Extinction was a pleasent surprise and I found it more enjoyable then zombies. You all know multiplayer, love or hate it there really is something for everyone.... Sorry battlefield not this time, not even close... I now must quietly finish eating my crow.... Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    its a good game. goes down more towards the black ops 1 route. bigger maps, less kill streaks. not a total meat grinder other cods have been in the past. I personally didn't like black ops 2 and MW3, do to the small maps and constant non-stop pace. best since black ops in my opinion.
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    Multiplayer feels like CoD 4 and MW2. Its not dominated by killstreaks, and you have to really have to earn new weapons. Unfortunately, in order to unlock new stuff you have to complete challenges that are ridiculous, and squad points take forever to earn. That said, extinction is great, and squads is an interesting concept that I hope they continue to develop.

Single player campaign is

Single player campaign is the typical cinematic goofiness you'd expect, but at least it does have an interesting new background story.

8/10 Good, but not great
  23. Nov 6, 2013
    Wow. So many people hating on this game. I wonder, how have all of these haters had the time to truly give the game a fair chance before bothering to bash it so terribly??? It seems to me that a lot of these people are getting their panties in a bunch because the maps are bigger and they don't already know every little nook, cranny, and camping nest out there on the virtual battlefield.Wow. So many people hating on this game. I wonder, how have all of these haters had the time to truly give the game a fair chance before bothering to bash it so terribly??? It seems to me that a lot of these people are getting their panties in a bunch because the maps are bigger and they don't already know every little nook, cranny, and camping nest out there on the virtual battlefield. News flash: You will die a lot learning the new maps. Big deal. Grow up. Yes, the campaign is more of the same old thing. Lets be realistic though...the multiplayer is what motivates most people to rush out for the next COD installment, not the campaign...and the multiplayer is on point. GHOSTS multiplayer is far more in depth than any previous COD game. Customization abilities are far more extensive than ever before. Both soldier customizations and weapon customizations are plentiful, to say the least. The larger maps are welcomed too. If you spent $60 on GHOSTS and expected night/day differences between it and previous COD installments you're simply an idiot. B*tch yourself out for being stupid; don't blame the game. If you like the COD franchise and you aren't expecting night/day differences you wont be disappointed in GHOSTS. My only significant complaint is that it lacks Spec Op missions. Personally, I would prefer another nice list of Spec Op missions over the new Extinction Mode, which is just a generic "survival" mode that gets old pretty fast. If "survival" is your thing, GOW Horde mode is still the best survival mode around. Anyway, the morons on this forum that are giving this game a "0" out of 10 are nothing more than internet trolls; many of whom probably haven't even played the game for more than a few hours, if they've even played it at all. I admit that GHOSTS is not a perfect game. It deserves at least an "8" though. I'm giving it 9/10. If there were Spec Op missions I'd give it a 10. I hope this review was helpful. It is intended to be informative; not to childishly berate the game as so many others have done on this forum. If you're one of the people who's hating on GHOSTS, don't despair; there are plenty of Halo clans out there that could really use your help. Lmao. Expand
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Keep hating kiddos. This game is the class of the FPS genre for this year. Hands down. If you're debating Ghosts vs BF4, it's a landslide for Call of Duty. No question.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    These reviewers are full of it. Great game! This is the greatest Call of Duty since MW2. The reason some people say this is a step back is because Infinity ward looked at what made previous games great and put it in this game. MW and MW2 were their best games so they took elements of those and added in the new features that work well. If you're a fan of the other games then you'll likeThese reviewers are full of it. Great game! This is the greatest Call of Duty since MW2. The reason some people say this is a step back is because Infinity ward looked at what made previous games great and put it in this game. MW and MW2 were their best games so they took elements of those and added in the new features that work well. If you're a fan of the other games then you'll like this one. It can be overwhelming for newcomers, but what FPS isn't. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2013
    It's funny because 95% of people who have gave this a bad score are under peer pressure. ,This game is amazing, extinction is a nice addition, multiplayer is fun. The only thing we need, are some dedicated servers, the host system can't detect who has the best connection at all, if they give us this, it will be a perfect 10/10, but for now, it's about an 8
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game!! Ignore the low scores from both user and Critic Reviews. Bunch of haters! This game is even better than modern warfare and blackops! Can't wait to play more when I am back from work.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    the game is really good everything about it is great. the story line is better then black ops 2 but then again black ops 2 was a game. cod ghosts is 10x better then any other mw,cod or black ops game out their. multiplayer is awesome nothing wrong with it. I give the game a solid 10/10!!!!!
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    I gave this game a nine because you know what I hate Call of Duty its the same stuff every year but it keeps all the little kids and holes off of the good games and I'm fine with that.
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    Wow guys. Cant we all get along? This game is definately not a 1-6. Its not amazing but its also not battlefield bad. Everyone complains that it never changes but wheres your battlefield when it comes to change? exactly. Wheres Halo when it comes to change? EXACTLY! If it aint broke dont fix it just add to it. Thats what they all do. I know Battlefield isnt a bad game but I hate it cuz itsWow guys. Cant we all get along? This game is definately not a 1-6. Its not amazing but its also not battlefield bad. Everyone complains that it never changes but wheres your battlefield when it comes to change? exactly. Wheres Halo when it comes to change? EXACTLY! If it aint broke dont fix it just add to it. Thats what they all do. I know Battlefield isnt a bad game but I hate it cuz its not my style. If it aint your style then dont rate it, play battlefield or halo. we dont care about your trolling. go play your slow paced tank games while we run around and have fun. Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    Great, I am surprised that there are so many haters, but that is probably because call of duty will always be a more popular title than battlefield 4. I feel this game is much better than black ops 2 and I hope to see eSports develop in this game.
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't see any problems with the younger generation playing this game, not much graphic violence and could probably be a 12 but for some strong language from time to time. I was unsure whether or not to let my 14 year old son get it, I let him buy it and I was actually surprised at the small levels of violence in the game. If you are in a position like I was where you don't know whether orDon't see any problems with the younger generation playing this game, not much graphic violence and could probably be a 12 but for some strong language from time to time. I was unsure whether or not to let my 14 year old son get it, I let him buy it and I was actually surprised at the small levels of violence in the game. If you are in a position like I was where you don't know whether or not to let your son/daughter aged 13-15 get this game, I say let them. Expand
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Lol these kids "beat it in 3 hours" never has a campaign been less than 8 hours in the cod franchise. This game spans 10 minimum. No loopholes no speed throughs. The multiplayer is balanced and fun. They didn't do away with search and destroy they created a new variant. So shut up. The game is amazing ease check it out even if that means borrowing it lol
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is a big improvement it has a interesting campaign,but a even better multiplayer with great game modes which are enjoyable,the graphics on xbox360 are decent for the console but will be better on the xboxone so cant wait to upgrade,the 10 is to even out the scores as people are trying to put people off with low scores as these are the ones who dont have the game and never playedThe game is a big improvement it has a interesting campaign,but a even better multiplayer with great game modes which are enjoyable,the graphics on xbox360 are decent for the console but will be better on the xboxone so cant wait to upgrade,the 10 is to even out the scores as people are trying to put people off with low scores as these are the ones who dont have the game and never played and leaving unfair reviews. Expand
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    this game smelled so bad but played so good. seriously the case shelled like burnt garbage and ball sweat. but after vomiting i recovered enough to play it and holy was i blown away. i almost had to vomit again from excitement. the story is fun and captivating and multiplay was put together well. a solid shooter
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    i am the only one who thinks this should've been a DLC for MW3?? i mean what the hell!!! it's the same one but with a dog on it. Either way it stills being good at our amusement.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    This is ridiculous of how many people hate this game. I have played it, and it was one of the greatest games I have ever played, even much so that it has rivaled Black Ops II.
  39. Nov 7, 2013
    I havn't played the game but I HAD to give this game a 10 just to give it some benifit of the doubt due to the fact most of these reviews give it 0/10 yet complain "people keep buying this crap idiots!" how the hell did these guys get a good play of the game unless they either bought it (which makes them "idiots") or they played a mates copy (making their mates "idiots") These guys areI havn't played the game but I HAD to give this game a 10 just to give it some benifit of the doubt due to the fact most of these reviews give it 0/10 yet complain "people keep buying this crap idiots!" how the hell did these guys get a good play of the game unless they either bought it (which makes them "idiots") or they played a mates copy (making their mates "idiots") These guys are bitter about COD for some reason. I never use the following term but in this case I think it's appropriate Fanboys. Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    The single player campaign is slightly less ambitious however the multiplayer is 100% worth the buy. It's action packed and could hardly ask for more. LOVE THE GAME!!
  41. Nov 8, 2013
    Call of duty Ghosts Has some great innovations.
    Extinction mode is a fun twist on zombies!
    Squads Mode gives you new incentive to the Multi Player Grind New killstreaks are great and balanced. The maps are a great change from the old. You die awfully fast in this one. Multi player has some new innovations. Here is to all the negative reviewers- You all have a unifying theme to
    Call of duty Ghosts Has some great innovations.
    Extinction mode is a fun twist on zombies!
    Squads Mode gives you new incentive to the Multi Player Grind
    New killstreaks are great and balanced.
    The maps are a great change from the old.
    You die awfully fast in this one.
    Multi player has some new innovations.

Here is to all the negative reviewers-
    You all have a unifying theme to your reviews anger and hate.
    Let me ask you a question?
    You all want a "new" and innovating game yet you bash Infinity ward for changing the game?
    You all say this is the same game over and over again yet you crave the consistency and get infuriated by change, curse the developers for changing a game type?
    I agree COD developers should wait and put more time into their game but they consistently deliver a solid at least 7 game. No one plays COD for the Campaign although they have had some decent ones.
    Everyone plays to stomp out kids online and their friends.
    COD is the new playground on which disputes get settled on, where you can put your gaming money where your gaming mouth is!

So stop your complaining and giving of 0's Hulk Hogans Main Event deserves a 0 not this game.
    I bet half of you went online and got worked over because of some of the new changes and chose not to adapt to it and ranted on here about the game. This game is worth the money great job to the development team keep on innovating!
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    It shows a great series getting back on track it's really good. I can understand the negativity though, but they tried something new I give them credit for that.
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    I give it an 8 cause even though this series is copy and paste this Call of Duty actually feels right. Unlike Black Ops 2 I have yet to experience the huge amounts of lag that I did and still do on Ghosts as I did do for Black Ops 2.

The campaign has a good story, online maps are designed good, and the extinction mode is cool also. Out of MW3, Black Ops 2, and Ghosts, Ghosts is by far the best of these 3 games. I like how the maps aren't small like on Black Ops 2 and don't promote head glitching.

My flaws are the most of the online Call of Duty community suck and tend to camp to get a decent k/d. Why buy a $60 game to camp when you can do that for free in your room? I have had some times when I died in a gun fight that I knew I one.

I go with an 8 though cause as I said before there is really not much new to this game to deserve a rating above an 8. Extinction mode is fun, I enjoy how you can kill the aliens with less bullets than it takes to kill zombies on Black Ops 2.

In all I would say this game is worth a purchase though, many people giving it low ratings obviously haven't played this game.
  44. Nov 5, 2013
    Surprisingly this is one CoD game I feel doesn't deserve the amount of hatred it is getting. While it is the old tried and true method of CoD which has been seen in the past this time around they tweaked the game and made it better. No longer do the maps follow the same 3 lanes of passage formula of past games and they have even increased the size of the maps, net code and hit detectionSurprisingly this is one CoD game I feel doesn't deserve the amount of hatred it is getting. While it is the old tried and true method of CoD which has been seen in the past this time around they tweaked the game and made it better. No longer do the maps follow the same 3 lanes of passage formula of past games and they have even increased the size of the maps, net code and hit detection have been tweaked and made better, no longer are you darting around a corner to suddenly die behind cover. Any gripes I had about previous titles has been fixed. However with the next generation of consoles release here next week and another a week after that CoD has to do alot more than update their graphics to continue to compete with the power house that is Battlefield, a look at the reviews are all you need to see to know reviewers are no longer satisfied with the same formula and scoring below an 8 or 9 will be common if nothing changes. Expand
  45. Nov 7, 2013
    EPIC!!!!! The game is amazing. Its so much fun and the story line is just so compelling due to the "father, son relationship." It was great and best of all, the dad has the same name as me :D. And multiplayer, best in the series, no doubt about it. Everyone keeps killing me, though, so I'd give multiplayer a 4/10. And also the story is too hard I can't even finish it!!! So, I give it an 8EPIC!!!!! The game is amazing. Its so much fun and the story line is just so compelling due to the "father, son relationship." It was great and best of all, the dad has the same name as me :D. And multiplayer, best in the series, no doubt about it. Everyone keeps killing me, though, so I'd give multiplayer a 4/10. And also the story is too hard I can't even finish it!!! So, I give it an 8 because its the best first person shooter for years, but single player, multiplayer, and extinction, are just too hard. Expand
  46. Nov 6, 2013
    The game is very good. So good that, if it were on the Ipad it would get 125 across the board. The simmering simps that call themselves professional game reviewers will, of course, knock it down to the mediocre rung because we're dealing with children and their tempestuousness antics of knocking something not on it's merits rather than their prejudices. You just can't get honesty inThe game is very good. So good that, if it were on the Ipad it would get 125 across the board. The simmering simps that call themselves professional game reviewers will, of course, knock it down to the mediocre rung because we're dealing with children and their tempestuousness antics of knocking something not on it's merits rather than their prejudices. You just can't get honesty in writers anymore. They are pretty much the bottom of the barrel nowadays. Thanks for reading. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    There are clearly a lot of people just giving this game a flat-out zero, largely because of the hate and resentment they have against this game. They have reasons, sure, but honestly, it's all centered on biased hate.
    Anyway, Call of Duty: Ghosts offers us a new experience, although some of it is quite expected already. It gives us just enough new experience in the campaign and multiplayer to have a fun but relatively unsurprising jump from one game to another. The graphics are acceptable, but not at the level of Battlefield 4, the storyline is fine, and the multiplayer is good but not mind-blowing, and overall, Ghosts is a considerably wel-made shooter.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghost is a great game very cool campaign and sweet multiplayer To start I'm not a huge COD guy have not played one since MWF and holy crap this is awesome the amount of options from local co op to online co op to the competitive, seems to never end. First the co op is huge to me I love competitive but some times I want to hang with a friend and have a blast playing a gameCall of Duty Ghost is a great game very cool campaign and sweet multiplayer To start I'm not a huge COD guy have not played one since MWF and holy crap this is awesome the amount of options from local co op to online co op to the competitive, seems to never end. First the co op is huge to me I love competitive but some times I want to hang with a friend and have a blast playing a game together. Pretty much any competitive option can be done in co op which is great for training and just having fun. The competitive is sweet 15 maps with great size to them which makes it way more of a team play then a Rambo, you really get into planing and making your way through them. Customize to the max goodbye to everyone looks the same and hello to what I like. The squad stuff is great but I'll let you figure it out. I felt I had to write this review reading all the hate I was shocked I'm a rpg adventure guy but COD GH has me back to FPS Expand
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    Please ignore the negative reviews, there full of profanity and people who dislike series because they just go with the flow.let me remind you that most people who have commented negatively have not even touched the game and are judging based on bias opinion .this game has an awesome single player but everybody wants to know about the multiplayer. they have tweaked it enough for it toPlease ignore the negative reviews, there full of profanity and people who dislike series because they just go with the flow.let me remind you that most people who have commented negatively have not even touched the game and are judging based on bias opinion .this game has an awesome single player but everybody wants to know about the multiplayer. they have tweaked it enough for it to feel refreshing but not new. my main complaint is that the map sizes are too big for a 6v6 game. but all in all its a fun game that will keep you and your friends entertained for hours. Im not here to tell you to buy or not buy the game because you the gamer have the choice. Expand
  50. Jan 28, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: They finally made a game with bigger maps! Finally you can actually SNIPE instead of running and shooting with a sniper gun. They took out tactical insertion (BOOO!!) Some maps actually change due to Kem Strikes like BF4. Great guns that really PUNCH. They started a new line of guns called Marksman that's in between Sniper and assault. You don't gain XP on weapons but youHONEST REVIEW: They finally made a game with bigger maps! Finally you can actually SNIPE instead of running and shooting with a sniper gun. They took out tactical insertion (BOOO!!) Some maps actually change due to Kem Strikes like BF4. Great guns that really PUNCH. They started a new line of guns called Marksman that's in between Sniper and assault. You don't gain XP on weapons but you gain Squad Points that serves as currency and added "Operations" in 5 categories that gives you mini-missions or things to do like 120 kills with no attachments or with Red Dot sight or fall without damage using Resilience Perk etc. Those give you big XP and a Point. It's a huge improvement over-all with new stuff added. Quite Honestly I cannot figure out why anyone would not be VERY HAPPY playing this game. Expand
  51. Nov 17, 2013
    Decent CoD game. Some old, some new, some welcomed. The campaign is the same old, same old. The best looking CoD to date... looks marvelous on PC and next-gen. The multiplayer is the classic, addictive CoD everyone knows with some tweaks to the loadout scheme and addition to Squads. But probably the most underrated and least talked about feature is the new Extinction Mode.--Think...Decent CoD game. Some old, some new, some welcomed. The campaign is the same old, same old. The best looking CoD to date... looks marvelous on PC and next-gen. The multiplayer is the classic, addictive CoD everyone knows with some tweaks to the loadout scheme and addition to Squads. But probably the most underrated and least talked about feature is the new Extinction Mode.--Think... Zombies, except with aliens. Very satisfying. Overall, the game is solid. But if you're bored with CoD, don't buy it. And don't downvote it if you haven't played it. Don't trust anyone who gives this game a "zero" or "ten," lol. Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2013
    Not the best game of the franchise but not a bad game at all, you can clearly sense that this game was made for the Next Gen due to some lack of online features, The single player campaign is not the most original and the voice actors make it feel like low class movie.
  53. Nov 14, 2013
    I see the usual spam reviews from people who don't even play CoD but just come here to hate on it are in full force for this CoD just like all the rest.

Overall not the best CoD ever but close. The campaign is easily the best one yet although as has been the case with the past 3 or 4 CoD games the campaign on veteran just keeps getting less and less difficult. Extinction mode is alright. It's doesn't hold a candle to zombies but still it's enjoyable although far to easy once you level up and unlock things like the sentry gun. As for the multiplayer let's face it it's the same as always. That being said when you've perfected easily the best multiplayer experience ever made there really is no reason to change it.
  54. Nov 12, 2013
    Multiplayer review only

Reopening my metacritic account for the first time after reviewing only one other game. WRC powerslide which was a great Mario cart style game that was great fun. The user score for this game is just stupid. I have been predominantly battlefield since bfbc2 yet have always bought and after a while taken back COD games. After seeing the multiplayer trailers for
    Multiplayer review only

The user score for this game is just stupid. I have been predominantly battlefield since bfbc2 yet have always bought and after a while taken back COD games. After seeing the multiplayer trailers for this game I thought what the hell and bought it.

So far I have not been disappointed, yes there are no dedicated servers but any host advantage or lag of any kind is minimal to say the least. People say the maps are boring when in fact they are quite well designed and unlike the last 3 COD game mw3 and plops 1 and 2 the maps have more of a realistic feel to them. what im saying is every room does not have 3 doors or 2 stairways to counter camping. Every corner of the map cannot be seen by a window somewhere.

The gun sounds are quite good and heavy although I am running through a 1000w ss system. Graphics are tidy but could be improved upon.

I would have given this a 9 however 6v6 for most game modes is not enough (Id like to see at least 8v8) and what is with always having a very stripped down game choice for us hardcore mode players.

If you enjoyed MW2 and were a little disappointed with the following iterations of COD then this certainly reminds me of MW2 just much more polished.

It gets an 8 from me
  55. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely incredible the bad reviews of this game. People bought it expecting the entire thing to be different? What were you expecting? The old core of run and gun is there with countless improvements here and there to make the game feel much smoother and entertaining.

One of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. Amazing action, story and scenery. Also with fantastic editions like squads and extinction, also an improved multiplayer. A great COD game to end this current generation. Best COD game since MW.
  56. Nov 24, 2013
    All these reviews are mostly unfair as half of them seem to of just bashed it as its cod they picture screaming kids with overpowered guns and explosions everywhere but as someone who plays battlefield and at first agreed with these I thought I would give it a go and its good it has its flaws but its not worth the zeros and ones of the fan boys who have not even gave it a chanceAll these reviews are mostly unfair as half of them seem to of just bashed it as its cod they picture screaming kids with overpowered guns and explosions everywhere but as someone who plays battlefield and at first agreed with these I thought I would give it a go and its good it has its flaws but its not worth the zeros and ones of the fan boys who have not even gave it a chance
    campaign:Has a good story but game play does not live up either does battlefield 4 which is a disappointment from both companies but you may want to play ghosts as its an all new one as well as battlefields so you don't have to play previous games in the franchise.
    Game play/multi player:Call of duty ghosts is not an all new engine or an all new 60 fps experience with battlefield but what it does provide is value for money and fun. the maps this time around are fairly larger and have gotten many complaints but I think its a better feature as it leads for more thinking then a 3 way corridor map and there are 15 maps all from factories,jungles,snowy landscapes and many more and the environment really adds to the game.There are many guns and snipers have changed so instead of a black border there is a blurry line of sight making quickscopers pretty annoyed but for people who don't want to watch a screen of 9 year old jumping of roofs trying to shoot each other its a nice addition.
    Graphics:Lets be honest you knew they were never going to beat battlefield 4s but what is there is ok it looks good while just running around but on pc the textures look really murky and poor but on 360,ps3,xbox one and ps4 they look decent enough
    overall I gave cod ghosts a chance and it is rather fun and I think its worth its price unless you are on pc I heard the port is really bad..
  57. Nov 12, 2013
    Dont listen to the CoD haters. Ghosts is a really solid game that you can spend a ton of hours on. If you havn't picked up a CoD game in a while, pick it up. If you have, maybe wait for next gen. Obviously, you know their resources went in to that this time around. Dont be so quick to judge. If for nothing else, the discount on the X box One version to level your squad in the meantime isDont listen to the CoD haters. Ghosts is a really solid game that you can spend a ton of hours on. If you havn't picked up a CoD game in a while, pick it up. If you have, maybe wait for next gen. Obviously, you know their resources went in to that this time around. Dont be so quick to judge. If for nothing else, the discount on the X box One version to level your squad in the meantime is worth it if you plan on buying it then. Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2013
    The story, as is often the case in Call of Duty is full of very original motifs and predictable twists. The campaign has, however, a decent dose of excitement, straight out of a Hollywood action movie a spectacular and explosively, and the script is in the background. The story takes us to different places globe, providing a variety of locations, which helps to keep the attention of theThe story, as is often the case in Call of Duty is full of very original motifs and predictable twists. The campaign has, however, a decent dose of excitement, straight out of a Hollywood action movie a spectacular and explosively, and the script is in the background. The story takes us to different places globe, providing a variety of locations, which helps to keep the attention of the recipient. Expand
  59. Nov 11, 2013
    All of this game from single player, squads mode, multiplayer and extintion mode are about fast passed run and gun.
    A big improvement from the past COD games is that the maps are big and the killstreaks are more balance then ever.
    Is the best COD out there, is even better the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I mean this has more changes then the changes between Assassin´s Creed 3 to
    Is the best COD out there, is even better the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
    I mean this has more changes then the changes between Assassin´s Creed 3 to Assassin´s Creed 4: Black Flag.
  60. Nov 13, 2013
    People complain of this game never really sat down and realized it was their play style that is killing them not the game. I realized in MP that if you slow down and pace yourself you do much better in the game, now I am always positive in K/D and it just makes the game fun. For me this might be one of the best balanced COD since the first MW. Obviously personal opinion but this gamePeople complain of this game never really sat down and realized it was their play style that is killing them not the game. I realized in MP that if you slow down and pace yourself you do much better in the game, now I am always positive in K/D and it just makes the game fun. For me this might be one of the best balanced COD since the first MW. Obviously personal opinion but this game doesn't deserve the it's getting. Expand
  61. Mar 5, 2014
    COD Ghosts is the best ignore the haters, its an absolute 10! Definitely worth getting! The haters can hate but its a great game they hate it cuz their bad at it.
  62. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is an excellent game. It is not my favorite, nor is it necessarily the best one yet. But it does not suck. The campaign is fun and introduces a brand new story with cool characters. Also the multiplayer does in fact have new additions. I really enjoy it. Squads is awesome because you can have all of your customized soldiers fight together and even play survival mode which in myThis game is an excellent game. It is not my favorite, nor is it necessarily the best one yet. But it does not suck. The campaign is fun and introduces a brand new story with cool characters. Also the multiplayer does in fact have new additions. I really enjoy it. Squads is awesome because you can have all of your customized soldiers fight together and even play survival mode which in my opinion is better than Modern Warfare 3's survival mode. And finally extinction is a neat mode very similar to zombies with it's own unique things. Tons of new things are added included character customization with certain classes for each one. If you buy all ten members and all 6 classes for each one with squad points, you can have 60 classes. Haven't you always wanted to do that? Plus you can't judge this game after you played it for one day. Even after a few weeks you still can't say everything about it. You have to really get used to the game. This is not a perfect game. No game is. Nothing in life is. But it's really not terrible. Plus you are playing on xbox 360 and not xbox one where the graphics will be much better. Stop hating so much on this game. It really isn't that bad. Expand
  63. Nov 15, 2013
    I like this more than some of the other cod games All I'll say is that if you want to play it go play it. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise!!!
  64. Nov 16, 2013
    Many of the other self reviewers, I doubt have even played this game. As the next installment in the Call Of Duty Franchise you can't and shouldn't expect much to be within the next or upcoming title depending on which one of the two developers has created it. I was actually surprised to find several improvements and additions that change the game for the better, such as a new class ofMany of the other self reviewers, I doubt have even played this game. As the next installment in the Call Of Duty Franchise you can't and shouldn't expect much to be within the next or upcoming title depending on which one of the two developers has created it. I was actually surprised to find several improvements and additions that change the game for the better, such as a new class of weapons, and the ability to customize your soldier. With a two new modes packed in, I still don't see why others are complaining when their options are varied. Extinction, a new co-op mode allows you to fight a different kind of war; no not zombies, aliens. I found that this game mode was rather fun and harder to most. Squads, another mode, pits you and your self created squad mates together and battle other squads online, or when you're away, offline gaining to XP while you sleep. Clan Wars is also another addition that I will not count as a gamemode, since it is just a playlist in multiplayer, but allows you to attack various places around the world that other clans hold. The only disturbing part about this game is the ending missions of the campaign, which are extremely cliche and the last plot twisted ending makes no sense what so ever and the slight graphic improvement. I will not count this as a next-gen Call of Duty just for that, the graphics have barely any improvement, but that doesn't mean it looks bad, just very mediocre. The sounds only on PC and Next-Generation consoles change drastically based on environment which seems odd that they couldn't just add that to current gen. Overall, the Infinity Ward team focused on fun over seriousness this time around, which is something nice to see. Expand
  65. Nov 19, 2013
    One of the best Call of Duty games I have ever played. The multiplayer, Campaign, Squads, and Extinction are all amazing. Well worth the $60. the Season Pass however is a little annoying.
  66. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing. People say (other reviews) that the story line is horrible or such. Actually the story line is well done. The game is not rushed as the other COD games. The multiplayer is more entertaining. Then you have Extinction mode which is mind blowing. These negative review is mainly just people who can't afford Ghosts or just have Battlefield 4. -xXxGraPhicZzxXx
  67. Nov 22, 2013
    After reading these reviews, and actually owning the game myself, I am completely appalled. To sum up the sheer fantastic features of this game is hard! Honestly, the xbox 360 is made for HD Tvs and is what ALL game testers, I will say this again, ALL game testers play on. This game looks amazing on my HD Tv and personally i think that the people who say the weapons look plastic and theAfter reading these reviews, and actually owning the game myself, I am completely appalled. To sum up the sheer fantastic features of this game is hard! Honestly, the xbox 360 is made for HD Tvs and is what ALL game testers, I will say this again, ALL game testers play on. This game looks amazing on my HD Tv and personally i think that the people who say the weapons look plastic and the sound is bad are on rca-capable Tvs which the Xbox 360 is not at its prime at. The sound is awesome in my opinion, Even in COD Black Ops 2 the explosions blew my turtle beaches up with the residual bass boom but in this it actually doesn't sound like Optimus Prime when he is constipated. The Graphics were phenomenal the explosions.... looked like explosions and the fire released from the gun while the trigger is pulled down is pretty great. Lastly, the Campaign. I really cannot believe the bull crap people say about this. I was very happy to be immersed in this single-player. I completely loved the sites and machinery in this story, not including the character development with hesh. The only part I hated was the ending but it was such a twist i couldn't be mad for long. In my opinion the games not perfect but the crap about "not being worth the money" and "the story sucks" is just that... crap Seriously buy this game and enjoy it. Infinity Ward, you did good! Expand
  68. Sep 19, 2014
    I really like this game. I know people hate on this game because of it's lack of innovation but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. If you've never played a call of duty game before or if you're like me and not sick of this franchise, I suggest you check this game out. Judging by my name you would probably think that I'm a call of duty fanboy or whatever but I'm not. I've played up fromI really like this game. I know people hate on this game because of it's lack of innovation but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. If you've never played a call of duty game before or if you're like me and not sick of this franchise, I suggest you check this game out. Judging by my name you would probably think that I'm a call of duty fanboy or whatever but I'm not. I've played up from call of duty 4 to this and I'm honestly not tired of this series yet. Hope this helped. Expand
  69. Dec 6, 2013
    Amazing game, finger-biting campaign, improved multiplayer including Infected! Also one mission in space, I may think Infinity Ward apologised the the awful MW3!
  70. Dec 17, 2013
    First of all, don't listen to all the haters. We all know what to expect with COD, FIFA, NBA etc.. I understand that some people have had enough of the repetition, but the concept is still great imo. They have some great impovements in the online experience and the extinction game mode is a great addition. I have bought a couple of COD games in the past (MW1 MW2 World at War) and I thinkFirst of all, don't listen to all the haters. We all know what to expect with COD, FIFA, NBA etc.. I understand that some people have had enough of the repetition, but the concept is still great imo. They have some great impovements in the online experience and the extinction game mode is a great addition. I have bought a couple of COD games in the past (MW1 MW2 World at War) and I think this game is better in terms of graphics and gameplay. The single player is good, but not something special. The multiplayer works perfectly and is really enjoyable. A lot of people complain about the big maps and about camping, but I do not agree with them. In the beginning, you will not be as good as some players, because you really have to get to know the surroundings. At the moment, I have a K-D ratio near 2.0 and I run like a rabbit (if you move well and look at the right spots, you will beat the campers easily). As your experience growths over time, you will also kill more people when playing the big maps. I also think that the killstreaks are not too powerful, which is a good thing. In this COD, you can have a lot of strategies due to the large variety of perks, weapons and killstreaks and you can play with several characters in different outfits! I also like it that you can do prestige without huge disadvantages in the beginning! It is a very solid shooter! Expand
  71. Dec 27, 2013
    I have played every call of duty game and I have realized that I ash now buying the new ones for the campaign. It will be very hard to run with the multiplayer of MW2 so campaign for meand this one was the most BADASS game yet!
  72. Jan 2, 2014
    I played most of the COD games and some Battlefield games.
    This game is amazing.
    Quick Summery Good story line. Good tactics used while playing missions that makes it fun and exciting. Multiplayer: They changed few things in certain areas and made it better. Don't expect to play like before and run around shooting everyone. To get kill streaks you need to use real skills. Not bunny
    I played most of the COD games and some Battlefield games.
    This game is amazing.
    Multiplayer: They changed few things in certain areas and made it better. Don't expect to play like before and run around shooting everyone. To get kill streaks you need to use real skills. Not bunny hopping and quick scoping.
    Extinction Amazing. Takes few rounds of game Play and learning to play as a team to see how amazing this mode is. It's action packed, Fun, tactical, and very original. Tops Zombies by a long shot.

More details .
    Campaign Some of the missions shows off the skills of "Ghosts" and adds to their name. New tactics used in game make this very fun. Plenty of action and entertaining. Story is good. NOT horrible like others say in their very negative reviews.
    Multiplayer: The maps are bigger and well constructed. You do get plenty of kills and action, just not crazy hectic running around You do spawn at random spots, which is not a problem ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE you spawn near enemy. Maybe it happened more, the week of game release, but no more)
    Yes, you do die faster. But this is a good thing. It prevents people from bunny hopping & moving side to side to avoid getting hit or rushing you to knife you.
    Also They made quick scoping harder to do.
    There is a new perk system, which is better! Just need to spend time learning it, Like most new things.
    And for those who want to ONLY play the game 1st few days. You can just use default until your ready to change perks.
    Extinction: The Best MODE EVER!
    At 1st it's very chaotic but after few games you see what is going on and what needs to be done.
    The aliens move around randomly making this much more interactive and attention garbing.
    As you progress new aliens come into the fight. Keeps you on your toes and keeps your interest/ makes it challenging.
    Now for the Best part. You can buy verity of Guns and they get upgraded with random attachments found in game.
    There are multiple traps you can use on aliens and you get points when they die with your traps.
    You can use Sentry Gun, Rockets, and very cool perks. This makes this game very fun and addictive.
    This is much much better than zombies.

Graphics: Good Graphics. Better than previous games.
    People who say it has bad graphics are people who compare it to PS4 or XBOX ONE. Of course in that comparison it's not the same look.

This is a great game. I love it.
    I prefer it over Battlefield 4. I Bought BF4 week it came out because i read all the bad reviews for COD: GHOSTS. I only bought COD: Ghosts because my GF wanted to play it. And i am very happy I got it. I literally just stopped playing BF4 after playing Ghosts. COD: Ghost is a great game!)
  73. Jan 17, 2014
    Story (6/10):

Story (6/10):

The story 'on paper' is interesting. Comparable to a Hollywood blockbuster action film - explosions, a predictable twist and some grossly emotional scenes. However, in execution it is let down by a rush to force players into more action and shooting. The game would benefit from taking more time to explain the story and add more depth in-level. I would encourage Activision to accept that a large percentage of players play Call of Duty for the multiplayer and focus on a short, story driven campaign, and be more daring with its ideas.

The level design is familiar to other Call of Duty's - narrow and linear passages, whereby your shot at from in-front. Additional gameplay elements would provide a better sense of accomplishment but there is nothing apparent wrong with gameplay.

Multiplayer (8/10):

Multiplayer is similar to all other Call of Duty titles...and this isn't a bad thing. It is successful for a reason. It doesn't have the scope of Battlefield 4 but it possess a fun arcade charm.

There has been a lot of comments regarding hackers in lobbies. However, I have accumulated 24 hours of gameplay online and have failed to encounter a single one.

The introduction of squad points is an interesting addition. Although, almost everything purchasable is valued at a low cost. Therefore, the system misses out on the opportunity to provide a greater sense of accomplishment.

Level design on multiplayer is slightly different to previous generations. The maps are now larger. Personally, I prefer this change, it lends it self to different tactics. Some levels lack character but all are well designed for their purpose.

Extinction:

I have only played extinction once. It isn't bad but I am not drawn to it. I think you either like it or dislike it.

Overall (8/10):

I enjoy playing Ghosts. I prefer it to MW3 and am enjoying the multiplayer. I was previously playing Battlefield 4 on my PC (Max Settings - for those who are concerned with graphics) and I personally prefer Ghosts. The graphics aren't on par and the scope is smaller. But it is fun. I'd recommend those who are having second doubts about purchasing this game to just give it a go!
  74. Aug 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Who would've thought, this game is actually good. Finally infinity ward tried to make the franchise better, I mean, not being a fanboy, but this game is really fresh, not mentioning the "same old" multiplayer.
    But the story, the gameplay was so interesting. I wasnt so hyped for this game, and I dont know why, because this is the best COD game since Black Ops.
  75. Mar 13, 2014
    this game is the best cod game I have ever played I bet those other reviews haven't even played the campaign or extinction this is the best game I have ever played
  76. Jul 5, 2014
    Let's be honest, this is not the best Call of Duty, but it is better than most people will say it is. The campaign is good, the multiplayer is good, extinction is good, but not many things are truly great about ghosts.

In multiplayer the guns kill fast simply because the hit detection is nearly perfect, something that was not existent in other games in this franchise. The maps are bigger, which was a risk that didn't necessarily work. There are also lots of flank routes. Another risk that is helpful and yet annoying at the same time. Cranked is a fun anti camp tdm variant and blitz is a ctf variant, each of these bring a new element to the previous game modes. The DLC has some re-skinned maps, which is fine with me. There are plenty of gun camos that you can buy and some are worth the money. There are new voice packs, new customizable player models, new game modes and smooth online matches with little lag. The multiplayer is up to par in this game.

Extinction is not my favorite, just a zombies spin of, but it can be fun to play on occasion.

The campaign is one to play through that you will enjoy, but it is not worth replaying.

Squads is something I personally love. Yes, playing bots is boring, but there is one game mode hidden away in the squads menu I will recommend to anyone. This is safeguard. There have been survival modes in cod before, but something about this one is better. Putting it in words will not do safeguard justice, just play the mode with three or friends and you will see how fun it can be.

Ghosts is a under rated game, but some of the hate it gets is for good reason. Some textures are below average, extinction is below expectations, but the multiplayer modes are definitely good enough to last until the next game of this franchise
  77. Sep 25, 2014
    I literelly love this game! The campaing is full of exciting action and awesome visuals, I am not a big fan of COD but this game is outstading, I love the skill set menu and how your character communicates with you and your team in the multiplayer. Also I really enjoy the big maps, it really gives you the ability to take the match into a different way. Just wish it wasan't so easy to getI literelly love this game! The campaing is full of exciting action and awesome visuals, I am not a big fan of COD but this game is outstading, I love the skill set menu and how your character communicates with you and your team in the multiplayer. Also I really enjoy the big maps, it really gives you the ability to take the match into a different way. Just wish it wasan't so easy to get all the weapons and such. But the game is excellent Expand
  78. Oct 6, 2014
    This game is the best COD that have ever played the story has me on the edge of my gamer chair every second the characters are the best thing about it. Amazing graphics amazing characters . The multiplayer in this game is absolutely amazing with a fun and friendly place to go when you need to have some fun over all this game is 10/10 and amazing and all of you should go get it
  79. Nov 20, 2013
    Ghosts was a great game. It had good graphics, Kool new weapons and the characters are good. It just sucks how there was a cliffhanger at the end. The multiplayer is better than ever, with more things to do and good maps, and the extinction mode is fun.
  80. Feb 13, 2015
    This game is so much fun. I miss it :) Look at all the butthurt anti COD nerds jelly their game doesn't sell as many copies. Great multiplayer and decent campaign. Second best COD behind MW2.
  81. Nov 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty title. The campaign's good as any, really, but the real deciding factor is multiplayer. Just like other CoD titles, you play different game modes, get XP and unlock weapons, camos, etc. Squads Mode offers offline players a chance to experience online play while unlocking new weapons and gear for their characters (which can also be used online).Another year, another Call of Duty title. The campaign's good as any, really, but the real deciding factor is multiplayer. Just like other CoD titles, you play different game modes, get XP and unlock weapons, camos, etc. Squads Mode offers offline players a chance to experience online play while unlocking new weapons and gear for their characters (which can also be used online). Customizing your characters' appearance and gender is finally an option, though it's not nearly as deep as, say, Halo 4. Extinciton's an interesting addition, tasking you and up to 3 other players to destroy alien hives while fighting off waves of aliens. Despite all of this, it's the exact same game engine we've been playing for nearly a decade, just with prettier graphics (especially if you're playing it on Xbox One or PS4). At the end of the day, this Call of Duty game is just like any other Call of Duty game: there are going to be people who like it, and there are going to be people who hate it. And from the looks of things, I don't expect that to change anytime soon. That said, it's still a decent game. Just don't expect it to re-invent the wheel. Expand
  82. Dec 16, 2013
    For me the game is easy enough to say that this is a CoD game through and though. It has some decent writing with very well done action sequences, combat can be fast paced or door to door at your choice. The AI can be somewhat competent at times. Flanking and getting around corners to fire on your position as well as flushing with equipment use.
    But most of the locations are forgetful,
    But most of the locations are forgetful, many of the other characters may be well voice acted but they are still forgettable save for Riley "Dog". You fight well amongst the ranks and though they kill enemies as well you are left to mop up the bulk of the troops. However it would have been nice to play a character with a voice.. The last CoD games gave you that satisfaction at least. Knowing that your character was there and had a voice to let his own existence be heard and felt.

Multiplayer is where this game shines as with all the CoD games. It boast a rather decent roster of weapons and items to use in combat, as well as perks and kill streaks to help keep the enemy dead and staying there. However I found myself missing many of the items and weapons from Black Ops2. "Namely the Ballistic Knife" But other weapons helped easy that loss, including the knew grenade launcher. Weapon balance is thrown off at times by the aim assist and even gives the quick scope players some problems at times "serves them right"
    Character customization is a new and welcome addition, I currently have an almost full list of troops in my squad and each of them host and different flavor of play. This stacked with the ability to unlock items and patches with challenge completions fill my complietionest niche nicely. Not to mention extinction, though I admit I do miss my zombies however I can feel its time to leave that behind as well. As well as the ability to have skill sets and abilities in the new horde mode as well.

Well done on that end.

All in all I enjoyed the game, the fast paced and well made story coupled with a villain that I can easily want to kill as much as the next guy and in my opinion an award winning multiplayer as always. Only held back by some of its more small problems still showing their ugly heads.

A must buy for any FPS fan.
  83. Jan 5, 2014
    I am new to CoD, and I think this game is great. I can see that people would get frustrated with the lack of change, but as a game, as if it was a one-off,t is fantastic.r
  84. Dec 18, 2013
    Was pretty upset when the game was first released due to the cheesy gun sounds, poor character visuals and missing fan favorite multiplayer game modes, but have a better opinion now. After they made some updates, the sound and visuals got cleaned up and a couple game modes (SND and Ground War) were brought back to add some more variety. Also the multiplayer kill streak rewards are muchWas pretty upset when the game was first released due to the cheesy gun sounds, poor character visuals and missing fan favorite multiplayer game modes, but have a better opinion now. After they made some updates, the sound and visuals got cleaned up and a couple game modes (SND and Ground War) were brought back to add some more variety. Also the multiplayer kill streak rewards are much more ground focused and realistic than the last couple of CODS. The watch dog kill streak is awesome!

Overall Ghosts is a great COD and in my opinion the best one to date. I never thought I'd see a COD beat COD4, but I must admit it has now happened. If you like the COD's before this, it's a must own!

I would've rated the game higher, but I'm a bit upset that demolition and headquarters wasn't included in the multiplayer game modes.
  85. Nov 14, 2013
    This is a good game. I came here before I bought it and was suspicious of all of the "0" ratings because (1) they almost all say the same thing, and (2) even if the game is not innovative and is linear, those alone don't warrant such a low rating. "0" is reserved for games such as "M&M Cart Racing". While it's true that the story-line is linear and there is nothing ground breaking, theThis is a good game. I came here before I bought it and was suspicious of all of the "0" ratings because (1) they almost all say the same thing, and (2) even if the game is not innovative and is linear, those alone don't warrant such a low rating. "0" is reserved for games such as "M&M Cart Racing". While it's true that the story-line is linear and there is nothing ground breaking, the graphics are excellent, the story is entertaining, and the online play is fun as hell, including the new mode, "Extinction". If you liked the other COD games, you will like this one too. Ignore the 0 ratings because most of them probably haven't played the game anyway, and check it out for yourself. I'm giving it a solid 8.5. Expand
  86. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow i 'm really disappointed with the gamer community over these days, you guys don't even have critic sense, keep talking same same thing over and over, acting like kids really REALLY disappointed, anyway the its great not excellent but still its one of the best call of duty's i ever played, the story it's pretty good, i love how they create such creative missions like the one in space,Wow i 'm really disappointed with the gamer community over these days, you guys don't even have critic sense, keep talking same same thing over and over, acting like kids really REALLY disappointed, anyway the its great not excellent but still its one of the best call of duty's i ever played, the story it's pretty good, i love how they create such creative missions like the one in space, in the water and of course the ghosts are pretty awesome, Riley is THE DOG he is not just a normal dog, he is your partner i love that, a history about the US in danger with a family 1 Father 2 Sons its just great, the multiplayer its SO FUN!, the dynamic maps its a great idea, field orders are fun to complete, perks are just awesome, killstreaks are good, connection its great, but there's 2 problems, big maps and bad respawn, but avoiding that the game its FUN REALLY FUN, and just Great, Final Verdict 8/10, total worth buying if you are a fan of the FPS genre, and please people have some respect for the game!, Act like people not like kids! Expand
  87. Nov 16, 2013
    Single Player is the same super action movie thing, It's pretty cheesy at first but gets better as you play on. It's only about 6 hours long though. Multi-player has some improvements. They added operations so you can unlock clothes for your soldier, which makes you do fun things that you wouldn't normally do. On that note, you can also customize your character,from the face down to theSingle Player is the same super action movie thing, It's pretty cheesy at first but gets better as you play on. It's only about 6 hours long though. Multi-player has some improvements. They added operations so you can unlock clothes for your soldier, which makes you do fun things that you wouldn't normally do. On that note, you can also customize your character,from the face down to the boots, which is pretty neat. Also, the connection, hit detection, and knifing all feel a lot more satisfying to me. However, I feel that you die way too fast, The spawn system is worse than ever(even though the maps are huge), and they put in a dog that will make you rage every time it kills you(it has like 5x more health than you). Extinction mode is cool. Killing aliens feels a lot cooler to me than zombies and it's also harder since there are a variety of aliens, but if you're not playing with a good team, you're going to have a bad time. This game is pretty solid, but I don't feel like it's worth the 60 bucks. If you plan on getting it soon, try and wait until around Christmas time when it's 10 dollars off. Expand
  88. Nov 19, 2013
    Urgh... Ok I get it C.O.D. hater I get it you hate the game it sucks all of that but take this in mind all of you out there that this game is a best seller and you cant stop it people will buy it they will play it and they will not give a about your
  89. Nov 21, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is, at its core, another Call of Duty game, but this is not a bad thing. As such, it has kept most features of the franchise while attempting to breath new life into the series, with mixed results.

First, the campaign. CoD: Ghosts campaign is relatively average for the series. Unlike Black Ops 2, it forgoes branching path and choice for the more standard linear structure. Missions are generally short, but most try something new to the series, such as space/ underwater combat and a full-fledged rappelling section, as well as standard features like a stealth mission and vehicle control segments. While it is a valiant effort, bland story and shaky execution of these new features keep it from the greatness of its previous entries.

Next, the multiplayer. CoD is renowned for its multiplayer and this game is no different. Once again, the developers try some new things, most notably soldier customization and smaller additions like the knee slide. Hit detection and guns are a bit shaky, but it's nothing the series hasn't seen before, and it won't be the last. The prestige system also sees an overhaul in the form of "squad members." Incidentally, these squad members, which are purchased by the new squad points, can each by customized individually and sent out to be challenged by other player's squads. Clans have also been changed from the Elite service, and the promised clan wars starts this weekend on the 23rd. Time will tell if this feature will be a success.

Finally is the addition of the new game mode "Extinction." The "Horde" game mode of CoD: Ghosts pits you and a maximum of three others against aliens which have erupted from the depths of the earth. Gameplay primarily features using a laser drill to destroy "hives" while fending off waves of aliens, purchasing weapons, finding attachments and other bonuses in piles. It's no secret this is an attempt to duplicate the Zombies mode of Treyarch's CoD installments, but it's a fun addition nonetheless, definitely worthy of a look.

In short, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a solid entry in a solid series. The game doesn't take a lot of huge risks in favor of smaller deviations, but most of these pay off. it's not the next greatest shooter, or even the best CoD game to date, but it is worth a try.
  90. Nov 22, 2013
    this game has many great ideas, but some ideas do not work, first off campaign is the usual Michael bay movie, extinction is meh, you need a friend to succeed though, multiplayer is good and bad, there is many other great games on the market, try this, and if you don't like it, don't play it
  91. Dec 7, 2013
    Black ops 2 got so boring really fast.I can understand why people would hate this game but I think that this has to be one of the best call of duty games ever. Great story awesome multiplayer and fun co op make this one of the strongest call of the duty games to date
  92. Dec 20, 2013
    Yes, this game is VERY similar to COD Black Ops 2. But it still keeps a sense of entertainment. I thought it was good and fulfilled personal expectations along with keeping the hype going. I don't blame the COD industry for not trying to step out of the box. The game is well designed and has amazing game play. Biggest factors of gaming when you don't care about previous games.
  93. Dec 23, 2013
    Personally i thought this game was unreal. The story mode blew me away one of the best story modes i have played to be honest. Everyone complaining it is 'unfinished' well thats because it's a trilogy story mode it was left on a huge cliff hanger and i can't wait to play the next one. I haven't really cared much for extinction, not really interested in it but never the less i had a go, itPersonally i thought this game was unreal. The story mode blew me away one of the best story modes i have played to be honest. Everyone complaining it is 'unfinished' well thats because it's a trilogy story mode it was left on a huge cliff hanger and i can't wait to play the next one. I haven't really cared much for extinction, not really interested in it but never the less i had a go, it was quite impressive, something a little different, i found it extremely hard even with 4 people. Online so far has been a moderate yet fun experience (despite not being able to play it much). Apart from spawn points being a joke, S&D being removed (which is back in now i believe), the ability to see who is chatting in your games by removing the mic icons and also the fact that the barracks have been roomed and in order to do a challenge for an unlock etc you have to select it in the operations screen, i preferred it where once i hit certain levels i unlocked the challenges myself and could do them whenever i please. I don't see any greatly overused guns and the majority of games i have been in have been quite balanced. The good selection is very nice with a variety of guns in each category. In conclusion i this the 2.3 user score that this game has gotten is from users that are either bad at the game or are getting beaten. Especially when it got a 7.4 off critics. Bad players don't make a bad game. Expand
  94. Dec 26, 2013
    Activision had a whole new opportunity to turn the Call of Duty series into a whole new direction. It didn't. In fact, COD Ghosts seems more drenched in the same tropes of the rest of the series. Yet, there are still improvements in the game, the graphics are decent, extinction mode is fun (not as fun as zombies) and the game has arguably the best campaign level where you climb the wallsActivision had a whole new opportunity to turn the Call of Duty series into a whole new direction. It didn't. In fact, COD Ghosts seems more drenched in the same tropes of the rest of the series. Yet, there are still improvements in the game, the graphics are decent, extinction mode is fun (not as fun as zombies) and the game has arguably the best campaign level where you climb the walls of a skyscraper in Caracas, Venezuela. The campaign is great and prepare to be wowed when you reach the snow fortress. Still, the campaign lacks gameplay variety, sure, you get to pilot a helicopter briefly, but besides that and controlling the dog Riley for a little bit all the missions are familiar point the gun and pull the trigger shooting. The new Squads mode in multiplayer is okay and the multiplayer is the same as any CoD game but with new maps, guns, and kill streaks. (plus you can devastate one map with an explosion!) Ghosts can't quite match Battlefield 4's 24 player matches (64 on Xbox One), but still the nine game modes are terrific. Ghosts is by no means flawless, yet is very fun nonetheless. Expand
  95. Dec 26, 2013
    Awesome game Riley's epic beast graphics campaign is epic thank god this came out it was totally worth the wait totally the best COD ever hope they make more like this COD cause this one is absolutely beast
  96. Dec 27, 2013
    Someone else mentioned a winning formula and that's what Call of Duty has. After a dull, chunky, and sometimes annoying campaign story line in Black Ops II, C.O.D. rebounded in a big way. Although complete fiction, the story was simple yet riveting; I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. From outer space, to beneath the sea, to the jungle, to the beach, to the oil rig, to theSomeone else mentioned a winning formula and that's what Call of Duty has. After a dull, chunky, and sometimes annoying campaign story line in Black Ops II, C.O.D. rebounded in a big way. Although complete fiction, the story was simple yet riveting; I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. From outer space, to beneath the sea, to the jungle, to the beach, to the oil rig, to the baseball stadium, the story bounced around and around keeping me thoroughly entertained, and the gameplay is ahead of its time. I was truly impressed, and after completing the GHOSTS campaign (in about three hours) I can say confidently that this is by far my single favorite campaign of the C.O.D. series. Multiplayer has improved, and the maps are by far the best yet. I haven't wrapped my head around the squad options yet, but for the FPS fan this is a MUST HAVE. I rate the game 9/10... Expand
  97. Jan 4, 2014
    Ok I get that some people don't like ghost, that's fine if you don't but don't go ruining it for others, cod ghost might not of connected me with my friends like mw3 and blops 2 but it made me new one. The campaign was w great, purring you in the situstion of the world. The multiplayer, yes it has its flaws, giant maps, low health and repetative graphics. But let me tell you that is theOk I get that some people don't like ghost, that's fine if you don't but don't go ruining it for others, cod ghost might not of connected me with my friends like mw3 and blops 2 but it made me new one. The campaign was w great, purring you in the situstion of the world. The multiplayer, yes it has its flaws, giant maps, low health and repetative graphics. But let me tell you that is the same for every game, halo battlefield call of duty. The only thing that stops you from likeing the game is you. Being a pokemon world champion I would like to say look at pokemon reds graphics compaired to x and y. The might not be as good but don't tell me the gfame wasint great. Call of duty might be the same in many ways. But that's why we love it Expand
  98. Jan 29, 2014
    Great game on the XBOX 360
    Ultra fluid 60 fps gameplay with no framerate problems and still very acceptable overall graphics, and great bots and maps to play offline.
    You may want more, but they delivered all that the XBOX 360 was able to give. It really is not their fault if the game doesn't look better, and still to me it looks a lot better than BF4 I don't play much online, but
    Great game on the XBOX 360
    You may want more, but they delivered all that the XBOX 360 was able to give.
    I don't play much online, but offline with bots is very impressive and really easy to aim without auto-aim.
    To me this is the way a game should be done, using the hardware to the limit but never losing the 60fps goal and never removing the gameplay experience from the top to get better graphics. Good job
  99. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is cool, and I don't understand why people despise it... I myself hate some elements but that's just some parts only like how your pistol is useless unless you down an enemy and shoot them point blank in the face, I also like how it parodies Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater with the mission 'The Hunted' because you are in a jungle with a knife and a silenced pistol in CQC stance...This game is cool, and I don't understand why people despise it... I myself hate some elements but that's just some parts only like how your pistol is useless unless you down an enemy and shoot them point blank in the face, I also like how it parodies Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater with the mission 'The Hunted' because you are in a jungle with a knife and a silenced pistol in CQC stance... The exact same way Snake goes in.
    I LOVE the multiplayer, especially the fog map where you can become Michael Myers who is my favorite movie icon, Heck... Roarke references my game world later in the campaign.
    I'm Kenny from the walking dead and I review to save lives.
  100. Apr 7, 2014
    Another great entry into the COD series. New multiplayer really makes building a soldier much more strategic. Campaign kept moving and was not bogged down by tons of dialogue. I loved Black Ops 1 but Black Ops 2 just had too much talking I couldn't finish it. This campaign I finished however. Graphics don't take a great step forward but I'm sure when they design a game specifically for theAnother great entry into the COD series. New multiplayer really makes building a soldier much more strategic. Campaign kept moving and was not bogged down by tons of dialogue. I loved Black Ops 1 but Black Ops 2 just had too much talking I couldn't finish it. This campaign I finished however. Graphics don't take a great step forward but I'm sure when they design a game specifically for the next gen systems it will. Played Extinction some and seems like great fun so far. No one ever points out that COD basically gives you 3-4 games in one its one of the best values around for $60, and I got this one for 360 for $29.99 brand new, presumably because of the Xbox One being out. For the crybabies who complain that is looks just like all the other COD games: if you dont want a game that looks and plays like a Call of Duty game, don't buy a Call of Duty game! Duh Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.