2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2063 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely horrid game. Graphics are essentially the same as any previous CoD from the past 4 years besides a few upgrades, AI is still horrible, animations are better. Definitely not worth anywhere near even $5.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    There is honestly nothing to review that hasn't already been said about previous ventures in the series. It's the same game as the last four, just with a new subtitle and a higher price tag.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Recycled buildings, poor story line and lackluster options for multiplayer, just another cash grab scheme. Save your money for a real game. I think its time to give up with these repetitive call of duty games.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    What can I say, CoD has gone downhill ever since MW 1 came out.. and that game was one of the best at the time and still is. Now they put out one CoD after another and they always tell us the same bullsh*t regarding new content and what not. CoD Ghosts is mostly just copying those so called "new features" from already existing games, like battlefield. If they keep pouring new CoD gamesWhat can I say, CoD has gone downhill ever since MW 1 came out.. and that game was one of the best at the time and still is. Now they put out one CoD after another and they always tell us the same bullsh*t regarding new content and what not. CoD Ghosts is mostly just copying those so called "new features" from already existing games, like battlefield. If they keep pouring new CoD games every year, they will not get better in any way and will always be as immature as they currently are. Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm not going to comment on the relative merits of this series or try to compare this game to others in the series. I'm also not going to spend much time on its atrocious storytelling and extremely brief, linear gameplay dynamic, other than to say that if it costs more than a movie ticket, it should last longer than a movie.
    All I really want to get across is that it is unacceptable for a
    All I really want to get across is that it is unacceptable for a mainstream game in 2013 to require button mashing "challenges" that it would give pause to anyone but a 13 year old amped up on an energy drink. Not only are they repetitive, they fail to add anything to the game dynamic, and are poorly notated--two of them took me 10 or more tries to just figure out what buttons were apparently being shown on screen. This is even more obnoxious because both are preceded by lengthy cutscenes that cannot be skipped but must be watched ad nauseum.
    If you are playing this for the multiplayer only and no longer expect any length or quality from the single player campaign--well, you expectations have been met. I avoid giving it a zero because the multiplayer is still fun, even if it hasn't really been updated since MW1.
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    this game is so horrible,i cant believe that battlefield 3 has better graphics than ghosts,the history is boring as hell,in 4 hours you can finish the game
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok so let me start by saying I have already played this game, because I can tell many people rating this so far have not. My friend buys every CoD, and we explored the multi player this afternoon. The ideas they have added are surprisingly good, but the game can't help but feel old....because it is.

Any changes they have made and added are long overdue, making them hard to appreciate. Player customization is something people have been begging for over the years, so it's hard to give them too much credit for finally adding it into this version. Any additions they've made seem minor considering the game engine is exactly the same. If CoD wasn't so busy churning out a game every single year, they would've been able to add the features in Ghosts into cod games from 3 years ago.

With other first person shooters actually pushing the envelope, any version of CoD from this point forward is just going to be stale as far as I'm concerened. If you have not gotten bored of the CoD franchise and are looking for an improved version of previous games, this does meet those expectations. The gameplay is smoother, the multiplayer is equally as fun as any version you've played in the past, and there a few bells and whistles to make it feel new.

That's just not my cup of tea (lol), and I rate games based on more than just face value. I rate this game a 5, because I'm not going to pay for a $60 dollar game that isn't worth the money. If this were another franchise without such a big name, this game would be available for $20 on the PC, either as an expansion, or as a discount sequel
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm sorry but this is yet another stale Call of Duty annual release. It's the same game released over and over each year. Tacked on single player campaign? Check. Same multi-player formula for YEARS? Check. Same old out-dated engine? Check.

Seriously, this game is stale and boring. People will still buy it, and Activision will line re-viewer's pockets, but this game is nothing good AT ALL. I might play multi-player 5-10 days out of the month, but it is definitely not a GREAT GAME.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    An epic campaign ruined by the devs refusing to replace the dog with Garfield, everyone's favorite lasagna eating cat 0/100000000000000 NOTWORTHBUYING
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible... Not only did Activion do a terrible job on the campaign.. they also ruined the Multiplayer/competitive aspect of the game as well as the Zombie community by introducing thier sad excuse extinction. Oh and to add insult to injury they also charged $60 for this.
  11. Nov 7, 2013
    Again after 7 years the problem continue to immerge in this blockbuster serie....the same again even after all this time. Single player is not the reason to buy the game, there is a reason maybe for replayability in the aliens mode but that ends here. The multiplayer is complete trash I don't even understand how they could go from epic MW1 gameplay to this... the only reason you will playAgain after 7 years the problem continue to immerge in this blockbuster serie....the same again even after all this time. Single player is not the reason to buy the game, there is a reason maybe for replayability in the aliens mode but that ends here. The multiplayer is complete trash I don't even understand how they could go from epic MW1 gameplay to this... the only reason you will play call of duty ghost multiplayer is because you can't run Battlefield 4 on your pc or you don't know how to play it on console/pc. Treyarch and Infinity ward you need a new engine for the Call of Duty serie you are stealing people. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2013
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    This crap is utter garbage. Campaign's quality went down from Black Ops 2, multiplayer is the same as ever, graphics are the same, and the game feels cheesey. Just don't buy the game. It is a waste of money.
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    Here’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with that to a certain extent it’s recycled, but for me, I would have loved another game like MW2 or MW3. Recycling gamepay that’s head-and-shoulders above everything else on Xbox 360 isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem with Ghosts for me,Here’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with that to a certain extent it’s recycled, but for me, I would have loved another game like MW2 or MW3. Recycling gamepay that’s head-and-shoulders above everything else on Xbox 360 isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem with Ghosts for me, fundamentally, are three-fold: the maps, the guns and the instant-kill-time. The maps are, well, let’s be honest, diabolical. They’re far to large and it’s like IW decided it wanted to compete with Battlefield, and missed the point as to what makes COD brilliant; which is, insanely fast-paced, non-stop adrenaline-pumped action. By making the maps too large, the fast-paced action that makes COD brilliant dissipates and occasionally you’re left wondering around the map looking for people to shoot.

Secondly, the guns have no character. That might sound very vague, but you’ll understand what I mean when you play the game. When you fired a gun in, say, MW3, such as the LSW or the Barret 50, they felt visceral. The power of the gun was effectively translated to your ears and almost reverberated throughout your entire body. They felt lethal. That’s not the case with the guns in Ghosts. They sound dull and identikit. Thirdly, the game is essentially like playing hardcore-mode in MW3 because you die so fast. In Ghosts bullets seem to kill you in nano-seconds, and unless you have the reaction-times of a house-fly on amphetamines, you’re going to die 99% of time when someone fires the first shot. Also, taking an objective look at the graphics and comparing them with MW3, as I did last night, I don’t think the game looks as good. The guns, arguably look prettier, but the maps look scruffy.

There are lots of other things that irk about the game, such as Dead Silence still being negated by Sitrep-pro (or as it’s called now ‘Amplifier) meaning those people who have money to spend on expensive Turtle Beach surround-sound headsets will have a massive and unfair advantage over those who perhaps can’t afford such gaming equipment. It’s elitist and IW knows how unpopular Siterp-pro was in game-modes such as S&D in MW3, because of the endless forum-posts berating them for allowing Sitrep-pro to counter Dead Silence, and yet, apparently, they don’t care. Some have speculated that IW has a ‘special relationship’ with Turtle Beach (the manufactures of gaming-headsets), perhaps explaining why they won’t remove it. Whatever the case, I’m certainly not going to be wasting my time crouch-walking around maps in S&R on Ghosts simply to avoid the people sound-whoring me from 50 yards away. I simply don’t have the patience for that BS anymore.

GOD is afraid to change. It’s terrified of doing something radically different in fear of alienating the pre-existing fan-base, but paradoxically, that fan-base is growing tired of the same regurgitated gameplay year-after-year. New game-modes and replacing people with aliens isn’t enough anymore. COD needs to evolve, it needs to be dramatically reinvented because if it doesn’t, other games like Titan Fall will, and they’ll steal COD’s FPS-crown. The developers and publishers of Ghosts strike me as the sort of people who think they can keep rehashing the same gameplay year-after-year and expect ever-increasing sales. It doesn’t work like that. If you regurgitate the same stuff year-in and year-out people will stop buying your crap. It’s that simple, and it’s why Ghosts only has a Metacritic user-score of 2.1 out of 10 and why sales are down. The developers of Ghosts are so ineffably lazy, they even copy-and-pasted cut-scene animations from MW2. Anyone seen that on YouTube? This is a company that makes billions and yet they’re still using the same vehicles in the game’s multiplayer environment from COD4.

What other things irked about the game? Oh yeah, they promised dedicated servers, which would have solved a multitude of problems, including perhaps even alleviating the unbalanced ‘lag compensation’, but lag compensation is still a game-breaking problem, an issue that was hardly noticeable in MW2. Also, they promised no quick-scoping, but that was apparently a lie. In my opinion COD4 and MW2 were the apex of the series. At their height, nothing comes close to their raw emotional, unpredictable highs. Ever since MW2 the game’s overall quality has taken a big hit. To their credit, IW have included destructible environments and evolving maps, but Battlefield 4’s destructible environments easily trump Ghosts. Oh, and the main campaign in Ghosts is very short. Expect it to last around 4 hours. I could go on and on berating Ghosts for hours because I’m so disappointed, but these are only inherently, structurally-limited 5000 letter captions and unfortunately I’ve run out of room. My score is... 0. The game of course isn’t a 0, but I’ve had enough of the same regurgitated content and my score reflects my crushing disappointment.
  15. Nov 10, 2013
    Being a long time cod player and taking a break because of things like camping, spawn camping, frustration with cheep play and inconsistent game play, I played my brothers copy of BO2 and looked toward to Ghost. What a let down!!
    The multi maps are horrific perfect for camping. I can't walk into a room with out getting shot from three places. Maps are so bad all I said ALL of my friends and family are talking fraud in after less of a week of game play. I miss cod 4 great game but that was the glory days.
    Campaign is just ok while visually stunning it lacks substance, guns are the only cool part as long as you use Assault and smgs or snips you will be out gunned.
    You have lost a fan infinity ward, and my money, we expected better.
    SAVE YOUR CASH DON'T BUY THIS JUNK!!!!!
  16. Nov 11, 2013
    Absolutely horrible. The critics are obviously being payed to do there reviews. This game is the biggest pile of horrible crap you will ever play. Laggy multiplayer, Buggy dog (Oh the irony), broken NPCs and a HORRIBLE campaign. All they have done is added AI, a dog and 2 new guns. Call of Duty is a dead series now, and we can now prove that Activision is paying for reviews.
  17. Nov 11, 2013
    This is the worst game ever created all things considered. If a free Android game is bad, you don't really care because your expectations were so low to begin with. When a AAA game is this bad, it can be considered to be near the top of the list of worst games of all time. With the budget and the supposed good reviews this game received, Infinity Ward should be sued with a major classThis is the worst game ever created all things considered. If a free Android game is bad, you don't really care because your expectations were so low to begin with. When a AAA game is this bad, it can be considered to be near the top of the list of worst games of all time. With the budget and the supposed good reviews this game received, Infinity Ward should be sued with a major class action lawsuit of everyone conned into buying this game. The graphics are terrible, the campaign was mindless, and the multiplayer is idiotic. There is no strategy, the maps are way too open and large for 6 on 6 play. With the random spawn points you are dead within a few seconds of spawning half the time.

I don't think the campaign has any AI, not like you really care when you are playing it. Everything is so cheesy with set pieces trying so hard to be cool that the game feels like a joke. Like IW decided to make a game as bad as they possibly could and see how many pro reviewers would still give it an 8-10.

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any worse, it ended. The ending was so bad I almost wanted to throw my controller though my TV. Perhaps I should have since I have a Gorilla Glass screen. Maybe if it did break I could add something else Infinity Ward should pay for. Not only should they give me a refund, but they should have to pay me for my time to play the piece of crap to at least think I got my money's worth. I've played a lot of games but that ending was one of the worst in history.

The only good part is that I didn't encounter any bugs and the framerate was pretty smooth. Yes the campaign stages were varied, but just because a level is set in outer space or under water doesn't make it good.

It's like IW tried to make Domination so unplayable that it would force people to play the new multiplayer modes that aren't even fun. Black Ops maps were laid out well, but I skipped BOII. Both Modern Warfare games were a blast in multiplayer. I've tried to play Ghosts multiplayer for a week and have given up. It is about as fun as getting your teeth drilled. Wow I ran around the massive castle map and didn't see a single player, then I died without seeing who shot me, then spawned and was immediately shot again. You can practically take flags at will in domination because there are not enough players to populate the map and the maps are so open.

I am not being harsh enough. The game is that bad. If you rated this game higher than a 0, there is something wrong with you. Last year's Medal of Honor was a perfect 10 compared to Ghosts. The multiplayer had its problems at launch but the first patch really turned that game around. There was strategy and skill required, the game was genuinely fun.

When you play a masterpiece like The Last of Us and then play this game, it makes you want to quit gaming forever. Thanks Infinity Ward you made me question ever buying a video game again.
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    People are idiots here, most people have 1-2 reviews and give this a 1 or lower. You've never seen a 0 game if you say this is 0. It's a pretty fun game with average graphics and little innovation.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    One big piece of crap! Played in all CoD games (except 3) with pleasure, but this is the worst CoD ever! Weapons plastic, sound disgusting, dog, which was the main feature of the game, made a very bad! True epic fail! CoD, please change or die.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    This is not a game for real gamers. It is a game for easily amused idiots that can't handle any depth to their entertainment. It is embarrassing to watch Infinity Ward just make the same game over and over where as Treyarch always tried to innovate and do new things. Adding in a token horde mode is just a sad attempt to capture the charm of previous Zombie modes. It has none of the humor,This is not a game for real gamers. It is a game for easily amused idiots that can't handle any depth to their entertainment. It is embarrassing to watch Infinity Ward just make the same game over and over where as Treyarch always tried to innovate and do new things. Adding in a token horde mode is just a sad attempt to capture the charm of previous Zombie modes. It has none of the humor, and none of the fun. Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Campaign reminds me of homeland,online same as usual,re spawn problems,sniper heaven! Original search and destroy has gone.maps feel samey,freight looks familiar
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the most terrible game I have ever played!!! It sucks!!!! The graphics are ugly the guns are ugly the spawns suck no search and destroy no demo no tac insert no hardcore dom the maps are wayyyy to big it's slow paced and boring as hell not only would I not recommend this game for anyone to play I wouldn't even let anyone wipe their ass with it!!!!! I will never get another codThis is the most terrible game I have ever played!!! It sucks!!!! The graphics are ugly the guns are ugly the spawns suck no search and destroy no demo no tac insert no hardcore dom the maps are wayyyy to big it's slow paced and boring as hell not only would I not recommend this game for anyone to play I wouldn't even let anyone wipe their ass with it!!!!! I will never get another cod unless treyarch makes it.... Infinity ward has had their head in there ass after mw2 and activision can just suck on a lemon oh and extinction is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    this game seems to suck donkey balls, but that's an insult to donkey balls. What I love about this call of duty game, is that it's exactly like the last one.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    I am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition andI am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition and more. The maps really killed it though, they are overly large having some large maps is cool but they are all huge considering only 12 players are in a game at once... Which makes me question why no ground war? (teams of 9, included in the previous COD)... Also the maps traffic flows are just crazy and make no sense, people come from everywhere all the time... and the lack of guns is unreal, I would say there are half as many guns in this game as in BO2.... The guns noises are really just bad too, just doesn't sound good at all. LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different artDon't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different art styles used. The game-play is exactly the same as the game-play from the Modern Warfare series, so don't expect any surprises. This game was a huge letdown with the only pluses being the inclusion of some new game-modes. However, I cannot deny that the Modern Warfare series used to have really fun multi-player, but they have not done a single thing to make this game worth buying over some of the other shooters such as Battlefield, Titanfall, and the others. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

It was a simple impulse buy. 30 minutes after buying it, I regretted supporting this horrible trash company. The servers lag constantly, the graphics are trash thrown in your face, and all fan favorites were removed. The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features included, and I feel offended. CoD will not be getting my business ever again.

I'm considering buying two copies of Battlefield 4 just so I can REALLY support a great game.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Sad just sad stop spending money on these games and they will stop making them or at least make improvements this game is worth a third of what it costs including the season pass your looking at $120 of wasted cash wow this game offers nothing that is worth that price please don't wast your hard earned money again stick to the cods you already have there all the same anyway
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    This game was crazy.
    There are too many bugs. And why 6gb ram for this game and will need?
    Compared before and better, but I still long is too low.
    Lost to Battlefield 4 is clear.
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    This should be announced the scam of the year. The game is so terrible it hurts. Wooden animations, low quality textures, small maps, camera going through objects, poor sounds, etc.
    They even copied Modern Warfare 2 ending.... pathetic. And they ask that much for this? Stop treating gamers as idiots already.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts is one of those games that is difficult to give a score to. I have only played the multiplayer aspect of Ghosts because the campaign is always over the top and more of a movie than an actual game. I tend to agree with most user reviewers that the multiplayer is not up to par. One thing needs to be set straight though:it is nothing like Black Ops 2 or MW3! Many haveCall of Duty Ghosts is one of those games that is difficult to give a score to. I have only played the multiplayer aspect of Ghosts because the campaign is always over the top and more of a movie than an actual game. I tend to agree with most user reviewers that the multiplayer is not up to par. One thing needs to be set straight though:it is nothing like Black Ops 2 or MW3! Many have said that Infinity Ward is using the same old formula that comes out every year but it's not that simple. Infinity Ward has tried to make the maps larger and more battlefield-ish. This means no more maps that are predicated on three aisles that cut through them (choke points), and hello to chaos. At first I thought this would be a good thing because well coordinated teams tended to hold those choke points down and dominated the objective. What ensues though, is a bunch of randomness mixed with those pesky little campers, and a bunch of luck to determine your fate. I have played the game for about ten hours, and am nowhere near as skilled at this game than I have been at any of the previous iterations of Call of Duty.
    The fact that it takes forever to level up in this game is in itself not a problem, but just about any item you wish to use in this game: guns, equipment, explosives, killstreaks, attachments, etc., need to be unlocked using squad points. Unfortunately, squad points are too hard to come buy and the gamer will spend many hours using the bare bones of his/her inventory.
    For better or worse, these crazy maps require a fairly large clan to get any advantage holding down objectives. It seems that after each subsequent release of the Call of Duty franchise, the developers push clans and competitive gaming, more and more. I agree that this can be a good thing, but the problem is that these people are playing against the gamers who are playing it alone because, for whatever reason, they are not in a clan. The best players have even been playing this game, with their clan, for weeks before the game even came out, on maps that are ridiculous. The playing field is getting worse and worse for the average gamer, which is probably why so many people are hating on this game.
    Here is a breakdown of some tangible ways to score this game:

Graphics: 7 I thought the graphics looked fine on an aging machine.

Sound: 9

Gameplay:6 The controls have been barely touched which is not a bad thing. The problem is more in the maps that reward campers. In Black Ops 2, a camper with the perk "Ghost" on could still be seen on the map. In this game, they remain invisible, and they will kill many skilled players.

Replayability: 7 Sure there are plenty of things to unlock, but I don't know how many people will keep riding a train that seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

Over all: 6 Gameplay wins out, and in this case, that is not a good thing.
  32. Nov 11, 2013
    When I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down toWhen I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down to hell with any potential it may have had. 4/10 and no more. Expand
  33. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best game ever. When i got this game i shoved my 10 year old penis through the disc hole and cummed all over my t.v. The best part was calling everyone a noob online knowing they cant do anything. I also found out that annoying people was easy due to my squeaky ass voice. best game ever 10/10. nothing beats this masterpiece.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    The same bad game with no innovation. This old dog hasn't learned any new tricks. Spend u r valuable money and time elsewhere unless u r 10 then please play this game so I don't find u in other games
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    CoD has been the same reskinned game since MW2. Same multiplayer, single player is always boring. CoD Ghosts is no different. Only entertaining things in it are the loading screens. CoD just needs to finish. They should have finished with the last GOOD CoD, Call of Duty: World At War.
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    Generic shooter, low texture, suck multiplayer!

I hope Activision make a better game on the next time!
    The singleplayer is ridiculous, i sinished this in 4h!

Worst game of the year!
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Played in a Ghost tourny at the Local Wally world. Seems like a carbon copy of the last few games not worth the $60 if you already have a Cod game id say wait a while before getting this one 6.5/10
  38. Nov 7, 2013
    CoD Ghosts is Pretty decent and enjoyable, The Single player is fairly short but still fun, Extinction is a nice new addition but could use more maps and then it would be great. The multiplayer which is the big part about Ghosts is good fun to play and has nice features to it, the Strike Package system is back which I personally liked as I could change my class with different strikeCoD Ghosts is Pretty decent and enjoyable, The Single player is fairly short but still fun, Extinction is a nice new addition but could use more maps and then it would be great. The multiplayer which is the big part about Ghosts is good fun to play and has nice features to it, the Strike Package system is back which I personally liked as I could change my class with different strike packages for whatever mood I'm in, the new game types are very good. Cranked is a nice fast paced game as when you get a kill you gain increased speed and some other abilities but at the same time you have 30 seconds to get your next kill. Blitz I have still yet to understand but is still fun. Search and rescue is basically search and destroy but with a new element to it, whenever a player dies he/she drops a Dog tag which if recovered by a team mate will bring you back into the game but if recovered by an enemy you're dead for the round. The class system is good with everything unlocked at the start but has to be bought with squad points which are unlocked through operations (challenges) or by playing and levelling up, character customisation is cool and customisation items are unlocked through operations. Sadly there is no emblem editor, but I can look past that. The maps finally have some variation in them for all weapon types which changes the pace of most games, unlike in BO2 which had very SMG heavy maps. I think I have covered most of the game and overall I give it 8/10, SP is short but still enjoyable, Extinction could do with more maps and the MP is a good solid experience with a lot of new features. There is recycled content but it doesn't make the game terrible as most people are saying. Expand
  39. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    Call Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over andCall Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over and over, cause they simply hate change....Anyways, enough of my babble....This game is the same ol same as before....Guns and enemies....Let's KILL!!!! Sell a million copies and do it again next year....YES....Oh yeah and they added Shark Attack Deathmatch to the game HAHAHA which is laughable.... Expand
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    Not saying this is a bad game. However, I am extremely pissed at the practice of coming out with the same game every year which effectively make my old COD and related purchased DLC content obsolete since all friends/other people would move onto the latest COD.

Improvement? Yes, minor. Charging another $60 with god knows how many in DLC? Go to hell!
  42. Nov 6, 2013
    Multiplayer Review Only:

Positive: Ghosts appears to have the best connection of all the COD's, very little lag. The game runs smoothly. Negative: Maps are too large for 12 players resulting in slow paced and mind numbingly dull games. A couple of the maps look nice but the rest feel very rushed and lacking polish. Many of the games I have played don't even reach the score limit. The
    Multiplayer Review Only:

Negative: Maps are too large for 12 players resulting in slow paced and mind numbingly dull games. A couple of the maps look nice but the rest feel very rushed and lacking polish. Many of the games I have played don't even reach the score limit. The muddy textures and shadows often make camping enemies invisible. The color palette for me is cartoonish, moving the series in more of a Black Ops direction visually. The character models are generic. The lighting engine looks ancient, very little detail and reflections off of objects such as your guns. It's astonishing that the majority of COD gamers vote smaller and faster maps as their favorites (Crash, Dome, Nuketown, Backlot, Wetwork, Firing Range, Summit, Terminal, etc.) yet IW went in the complete opposite direction. There is very little air support this time around, so leave your rocket launcher at home. For hardcore gamers, there is no map when you hit start which makes navigation through these horribly huge maps very confusing at times. The guns are run of the mill and lack any guts in the sound department. Some grenade launchers, like the Thumper, prevent the player from aiming down the sites. COD needs to either allow or just scrap certain weapons and attachments, I am sick of each installment trying to dumb certain things down and add perks to counter. Just have some guts and stand by your decisions IW! There is very little in the game to write home about as MW2 and BOps2 played a lot better. It is painful being provided with so many cool futuristic gadgets and features in BOps2 only to have them taken away in Ghost. The whole experience feels gutted, generic, and lacks love and polish. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
  43. Nov 6, 2013
    It receives so much hate (and deservedly so) and yet still makes $1 Billion on it first day. Another mediocre game and another billion dollars, this has gone on for far too long.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    Yet another Call of Duty, yet another zero. This is a series for braindead 13-years. Avoid at all costs this piece of garbage. Lalalalala-lalalala-lala-la
  45. Nov 7, 2013
    I can't in all good conscience give this game a zero because it is an excellent multiplayer experience. The campaign has some "newish" stuff and isn't "bad". It contains many good moments and some worthy of a face palm. It clearly wasn't the focus of game design. I think the general insult to the public that you can see manifesting in the user reviews would be greatly diminished if theI can't in all good conscience give this game a zero because it is an excellent multiplayer experience. The campaign has some "newish" stuff and isn't "bad". It contains many good moments and some worthy of a face palm. It clearly wasn't the focus of game design. I think the general insult to the public that you can see manifesting in the user reviews would be greatly diminished if the Call of Duty Franchise accepted what it has become. It is primarily a multiplayer experience. Quit tacking on a campaign as a secondary feature. I love and actually prefer campaigns but I don't want to see them suffer because so much attention is given to multiplayer. Multiplayer and Campaign can both be top notch experiences but not when packaged together and created annually. I understand that publishers would rather gouge out their own eyes than release a FPS campaign without a multiplayer, so we'll never see them released separately. Instead take some extra time and refine both parts of the experience then we won't see such a copy and paste franchise. Expand
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    Ok I wouldn't say piece of crap. I will say tons of bugs. I always hated the fact that if I am up against someone face to face, I shoot, bullets appear and I hear the gun shoot but yet I die first, then my bullets vanish. That's not fair why can't we both die regardless of who's bullets hit first? So, 1. Poor design! Ok developers and people who state that this is a realistic game. If IOk I wouldn't say piece of crap. I will say tons of bugs. I always hated the fact that if I am up against someone face to face, I shoot, bullets appear and I hear the gun shoot but yet I die first, then my bullets vanish. That's not fair why can't we both die regardless of who's bullets hit first? So, 1. Poor design! Ok developers and people who state that this is a realistic game. If I shoot someone with say a shotgun 2 times in the face. There should be absolutely no way someone can pull a pistol and shoot me once and I die. Despite the fact I shoot them in the face from 5 feet away perceivably. Before you dumb a$$e$ say it I know I hit them because I get the hit markers to prove it. Next, on more than 20 occasions in this game in core mode, which is horrible, I'll aim, the cross hairs turn orange, I shoot and no hit markers? huh? What's up with that? Ok, I could send the developers or the ones that can fix this a long list of issues, but can not find the place to do so. Oh, I heard a long time ago Activision would ruin the COD experience once they purchased the franchise. Hmm, I think that person might be right. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Is the same the same the same the same the same... for what!? is call of duty 4 but with some graphic tweaks, i don't know how people buy it! why!?... the multiplayer is for nuubs...
    play real games like quake arena,Borderlands2,Bioshock.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    As many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the firstAs many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the first time that I did not buy a Call of Duty game; instead I decided to rent Ghosts and see how it was. After playing Ghosts for a couple of hours, I can officially state that Call of Duty: Ghosts is not only the worst Call of Duty game in the franchise's history, but the worst FPS I have ever played. This game's visuals are atrocious in motion, there are extremely rough textures as well, and the gameplay is horrible. The hit/miss marker is horrific, just like BO2 and the maps are poor as well. The story mode, unlike the previous CoD games developed by Infinity Ward, is terrible. The story is extremely short and I lost interest 30 minutes into it. Do NOT buy this undeveloped atrocity of a game, even when it goes on sale in about a year! Expand
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    Same gimmick every single year, yet still they expect to make a lot of money, this year they have disappointed, call of duty was dead last year now they are just poking the dead corpse hoping it would give more!
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked Ghosts up this morning and had high hopes that this would be the one that stepped forward with an new awesome touch to the old "COD formula". After about 8 hours of gameplay I feel extremely disappointed... Same old outdated stuff, that has been milked for YEARS now.

COD:Ghosts is nothing more than a glorified MW2 reskin sadly...
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible! I've played call of duty since the start and this has to be the worst! It's honestly a joke. I can't even finish this review due to the badness of it.
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    COD lost its way once Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired. COD 4 and Modern Warfare 2 are still the best till this day. Titanfall FTW!!! Respawn Entertainment!
  53. Nov 7, 2013
    In all honesty i was looking for a better call of duty than black ops 2 was and all i got was a $65 dollar piece of dump that disgraces the world of call of duty. I have never been this un-pleased with a video game. I would rather drop another 60 bucks on Resident evil:Operation Raccoon City than Call of Duty Ghost
  54. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of duty is awesome the single player is epic and the multiplayer is the same as always it's a Good fast paced high action shooter I'd recommend it to any true gamers to play
  55. Nov 6, 2013
    This game compared to battlefield 4 is halarious even this compared to battlefield 3 lol this has the graphics of battlefield 2 boring boring boring boring dud sterio types boring gunplay no imersion honestly why do they think they can keep going with this lol there only community is 12 yearolds spend your money on other games that have depth into them not a half year game that is for 12 yearolds
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    There is ZERO strategy to be found in the multiplayer as the maps lack any direction or flow whatsoever. If you thought there were any gametypes available to change that, THINK AGAIN because HQ, S&D, demolition, & CTF are all gone.
  57. Nov 8, 2013
    I cant comment on the campaign mode because I only play multiplayer.
    Xbox 360
    1.Graphics are very dull looking. 2. Unrealistic gun sounds. They all sound like the are being fired inside of a sewer pipe. 3. I can live with the huge maps, but the re-spawn points are pathetic. 4. Player customization has no effect in game,its all for show, very little developer thought. 5. Voice chat
    I cant comment on the campaign mode because I only play multiplayer.
    Xbox 360
    1.Graphics are very dull looking.
    3. I can live with the huge maps, but the re-spawn points are pathetic.
    5. Voice chat identification in game is gone so you dont know which of your team mates is talking.
    6. Removing SnD from the game? I mean search and rescue is cool and all but to remove the second biggest game mode next to TDM from the game entirely?
    If this what the future holds for Call of Duty with developer Treyarch and Activision then I wont have to worry about forking out $500 for a new console next year to play the Next Gen boring CoD game like Call of Duty Ghosts has become.
  58. Nov 7, 2013
    I've been saying it since MW2. Same thing every year. Nothing innovative at all. Activision has figured out how to exploit addiction. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Activision and Bobby Kotick.
  59. Nov 5, 2013
    Didn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way tooDidn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way too much time roaming these corridors and kills just seem to be one player stumbling up behind another. Also, why are there no merc matches anymore? COD has never compensated for parties in their matchmaking algorithm, so for those of us who can't wrangle up a full squad you'll get dominated. Expand
  60. Nov 7, 2013
    Its like a pirated DVD of a game it looks rough plays like a games from 2004 and is just bad this is not a new engine total BS lazy cash in yet again some good ideas but the choppy story and ugly graphics and 1980s story line.
    This will be traded in for BF4 i gave COD one more chance they are ripping the piss now.
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    Cod needs to die. I havent bought the last 3 but ive still played them stop buying and maybe they'll change the game until then Just do yourself a big favor and get battlefield 4
  62. Nov 7, 2013
    Wow.. Is all i can say.

Im not going to give an angry review, All im going to say is, COD GHOSTS is 0/10.
    COD 4 was one of my favorite games of all time. I just think they need to re-capture what we loved about COD4
  63. Nov 7, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the expansion you have been waiting for!

As a game that sells its "Next gen graphics" The graphics on the current gen are horried. The fact that the textures in Call of Duty Modern Warfare look better is sad. No one really plays COD for the single player and i havent touched it but from what i have been told it sounds like another COD story. It has a diffrent
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the expansion you have been waiting for!

No one really plays COD for the single player and i havent touched it but from what i have been told it sounds like another COD story. It has a diffrent tone to it with the whole show seen in the trailers but i wont dive into that.

The leveling system is the same, instead of unlocking guns you now gain squad points for doing certain things which will let you unlock guns, accessories and even perks (can be unlocked through leveling) The points system is meh, i like that i can pick my favorite weapon right away but it could take a good 4 hours before you are able to get your weapon and attatchments for it. You can have camo for your weapons but it is unlocked via completing challenges with said weapon.

The multiplayer has the same basic modes like TDM and Hardcore matchs. There are two modes that i think are new that i love. I find cranked fun as people arent staying in hallways, if you get a kill you move and look for another or you die. The other would be hunted. In hunted you start with a pistol, one clip, two knives and a flashbang. You have to get random weapons from care packages and kill the enemys.

There is also the squads mode. i havent played alot of that as i have only had the game for about a day. It seems like its a bot match but you can customize the bots and you face other peoples bot teams. So its you and your squad versus someone else and there squad.

The new "odd" mode is Extinction. Aliens are attacking and you have to stop them. It is still waves but you have to take out hives while you do it. I have not played it yet but there is a leveling system to it so its not just repeattive stuff like Zombies.

Now, as i have only played the game for maybe 10 hours. I have to say i had NO intention on getting call of duty ghosts. It looked EXACTLY like the past call of dutys, Which i was 100% right. Ghosts is just modern warfare with new weapon skins. Now the reason this is getting a 4 is because even though it is just an expansion its still fun multiplayer. I used to HATE Black ops 2 and MW3 MP but now for some reason i find it fun. They have a new level of customization that makes it feel like YOU are the soilder and not some nameless hack who dies alot.

Now if you loved the past call of dutys, get it. You will love it as it is the EXACT same game. If you hate the past Cod's, Dont touch it as its the EXACT same game. For being the EXACT same game it is a little more fun this time around.

So for Ghosts as a triple a title is horrid. compared to battlefield 4 it is a disaster, but as a game where you just want to run around and make little kids and grown men wine, Ghosts is what you would want.

Thanks for reading.
  64. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Listen, I'm not some BF4 or CoD fan girl. This review is my truly honest opinion... This game is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the Call of Duty title, the critics (and more of the community) would've agreed.

I usually look forward to Infinity Ward's games because MW and MW2 offered so much in terms of advancement and progression in the series (and in gaming at large). I think many can agree that while MW3 was a reasonable game, it was just a MW2 reshell...and I fear that while Ghosts is essentially a MW3 rehash...the things they DID change completely ruined the game.

- Campaign was only 4-5 hours long, and it was boring...honestly, I can't even remember the names of the characters. Campaign mode is supposed to be a great story that compels you to care about the characters and to hope to GOSH that they survive (Soap!?!?!). But alas, I couldn't have cared less.

- Multiplayer essentially encourages camping even more than previous CoDs, but increases the map size. Now IF you manage to find someone you're lucky. I just LOVE having to check every single effin' corner for a surprise.

- Lag issues.. We were promised dedicated servers AT LAUNCH which would greatly reduce the lag. They lied. They can't even tell us the expected date which means I doubt they'll happen. False advertising much?

- Spawns. Okay, I know it's a big difficult to not have players occasionally spawn near each other...causing one to inevitably curse. However, I thought the huge map size was to compensate for this especially in TDM, FFA, and KC? Wrong. Apparently the spawns are still non-sensical and I end up spawning directly in front of a camping little biyatch.

-Glitches... They happen, I understand...but I don't want to fall THROUGH the map into the black abyss.

-Graphics. Now I'm not sure how it'll look on the next gen (from what I hear they focused on those versions)...HOWEVER, on the 360 I feel like I'm playing MW2 which was released in 2009. I mean, seriously? Play Assassin's Creed or Bioshock at Infinity Ward, see how it's done. Freaking BEAUTIFUL games.

-Leveling up: Okay, I know it's not the most important feature...but I like to feel like I'm making progress when I'm putting 6,7,8,9...hours into the game. I'm a decent player and it took FOREVER to break level 20! Dafuq is with the leveling system, eh? Making me take longer to level isn't going to increase my desire to play this game.

-Squad points.... Eh. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? WTF do I need that squad member for exactly? Is this what you spent millions on? =)

I'm completely disappointed and in fact a bit angry that Infinity Ward has decided to trick us into shelling out the cash. They promised big and provided nothing but broken promises. Honestly, next time I will be waiting for the reviews from GAMERS, NOT the big names like IGN who give out 9s and 10s to piece of crap games like this.

I hope this honest review gives you some insight on whether to buy this game
  65. Nov 6, 2013
    Completely copypastes the ending of Modern Warfare 2 (and really, steals it frame by frame). Don't reward this company with your money. They're the joke of the industry.
  66. Nov 7, 2013
    Listen its not great but how anyone can think this is worse than last year's unplayable rubbish is beyond me. The spawning sucks but at least I'm not watching killcams of myself dying in a position I ran past 10 secs before. Its a stepping stone and I hope it gets updated in aid to fix some issues and reinstalling some old game types would be nice.
  67. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  68. Nov 9, 2013
    You thought IW will give us change? Why? It does not have a point. Seeing a trailer god dammit I see much better dog than ever before. Character customization oh hell yeah. I can be a female. Etc, Etc. That stuff could have been done years ago. Pre-release of CoD 4 such things would be given for a single price. Sure that developers would run out of ideas, but at least we would admit thatYou thought IW will give us change? Why? It does not have a point. Seeing a trailer god dammit I see much better dog than ever before. Character customization oh hell yeah. I can be a female. Etc, Etc. That stuff could have been done years ago. Pre-release of CoD 4 such things would be given for a single price. Sure that developers would run out of ideas, but at least we would admit that last Call of Duty was the best. It's all about money today; that's sad reality. Expand
  69. Nov 5, 2013
    So bad, I can't believe they get away with doing this every year. It's appealing to mindless drones as they have some new maps to play on in multiplayer so expect huge sales again. I kinda feel CoD is laughing at us, buying the same, uninspiring crap year after year.
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    the game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back trackingthe game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back tracking there self not moving forward. Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2013
    What a horrid game, sometimes I even think modern warfare 2 looks better and that game is really old. I don't understand why people buy this game anymore, it's dead.
  72. Dec 2, 2013
    A truly awful multiplayer game. Even IW came out and said cod players are not gamers! That their way of saying we're a lazy bunch of so and so's, who couldn't be arsed designing anything other than crud. Apart from a few maps, the level design is just awful. The guns sound like air guns and you dont even know if the have a silencer on them or not. The sound is the worst i even heard, andA truly awful multiplayer game. Even IW came out and said cod players are not gamers! That their way of saying we're a lazy bunch of so and so's, who couldn't be arsed designing anything other than crud. Apart from a few maps, the level design is just awful. The guns sound like air guns and you dont even know if the have a silencer on them or not. The sound is the worst i even heard, and no options to change any of it. And last of all you get rewarded for having terrible aim. Just spray and pray cos accuracy doesn't even come into it. And i can never remember a cod game picking such terrible hosts, and then sticking with them for the entire match. All in all, i'm sick that i spent 60euro on the crap. I have never said that about a cod game before. I have been playing it since the beginning. COD4 and MW2 were the pinnacle. It's been downhill ever since. Only nazi zombies saved the Treyarch editions. You're nmo different to FIFA or TW golf at this stage. IW, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Expand
  73. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player runningbsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  74. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is so bad that I'm doing my first ever metacritic user review. The muliplayer severely lacks variety and its maps are very similar recycled components of earlier 'COD' games. The singleplayer is a scripted exercise in boredom and cliche.

This is what 'widening' the game audience had led to, a CRAP game. Bring back COD4 type COD games, simple and with variety in places where it's needed
  75. Nov 6, 2013
    I was so excited to play this game after waiting months! I am deeply disappointed. There are several things that need to be improved.

First, either the bullet damage, multipliers, or the health needs to be adjusted. When I watch the kill cam after dying it shows the guy pumping 4-5 bullets into me then I die. On my screen, however, i take about 1-2 shots then I'm down. Not sure what the reason for this is but it is a HUGE flaw.

Second, spawn systems. I don't know what infinity ward does to the spawns but it's like they gave the 'spawning' division over to a group of disabled monkeys. Playing in a FFA match (although applicable to all game modes) I decided to stay put for about 15 seconds before running around to see if someone ran into my field of view. Well, I didn't have to take ONE step (not ONE STEP) before turning my head to my left, and seeing a player who had just been killed SPAWN WITHIN ARMS REACH of where I stood. This is a HUGE flaw.

Thirdly, I thought I bought Call of Duty: Ghosts. Not some cheap wal-mart rip-off attempt at a franchise behemoth. It is FAR too different from the past CoDs that there have been. I mean, sure, I get it. Make it different, that's fine. But keep the staples in the game. The game modes, and kill/reward streaks that we've all come to love (or put up with). They've changed far too much for this to be called Call of Duty. The squad point system is a HUGE flaw. First off, getting so few squad points, and the finding out that you don't even have any default classes so you're stuck spending your precious squad points on attachments/perks/guns/kill streaks/equipment/lethals?! GOOD GRIEF! Instead of having a point system that basically says, "Just pick what you want to play with because you ain't getting it all" they should have just left it a simple unlock system...I digress.

Why did so much have to change? Change is not good, at least not in this context. Why can't both companies brainstorm on what the BEST parts of the game are? Or better yet, ASK THE COMMUNITY!!!!!!! We're the ones paying your bills, the least you could do is build us a game that we want. (I know nothing is unanimous but majority rules here).

To sum up. Shame on you Infinity Ward. You turned an annual tradition into a disappointment.

I will wait for the patch to come out before playing this game and before giving two thoughts as to whether or not I'll buy it for my Xbox One on the 22nd. There will be a patch. It will fix these issues. Or they're going to lose a LOT of their supportive, loyal, fan base.

If not, I'll buy BF4.
  76. Nov 16, 2013
    Disapointment, game needs some fresh ideas. Not worth the purchase. The multiplayer maps are a let down, not as good as previous CODs. The weapons layout and perk system follows a guideline from the previous games but a lot weaker in regards to weapons selections.
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    At what point do you tell yourself, no more? Call of Duty Ghosts promises to revitalise the ailing franchise, but instead of injecting new blood into it, it exposes itself as the worst Call of Duty title yet. It never reaches the highs of Black Ops 1 and repeats the mistake of Modern Warfare 2 and 3. In fact, it even borrows animation from the latter.

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away at all cost.
  78. Nov 14, 2013
    I thought COD Black Ops 2 was a very enjoyable game. COD "Ghosts" is reprehensibly bad! I really wish I could get my money back. The characters are flat, the campaign dull, and the graphics simply unremarkable. Nothing special about this at all. If you are really bored and have no other game to play, then this game might serve as a temporary distraction until you can get your hands on anI thought COD Black Ops 2 was a very enjoyable game. COD "Ghosts" is reprehensibly bad! I really wish I could get my money back. The characters are flat, the campaign dull, and the graphics simply unremarkable. Nothing special about this at all. If you are really bored and have no other game to play, then this game might serve as a temporary distraction until you can get your hands on an actually good game! Do not waste your hard-earned money on this sack of scheisse. Expand
  79. Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah, so, uh, there's some crap in here about astronauts and guns and space battles and satellites but it's supposed to be cool and modern and edgy. What the f*ck is this?
  80. Nov 28, 2013
    COD Ghosts is a joke of a game, every year the same piece of crap. I would rather ride on my awesome donkey all day along instead of playing this garbage.
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013 7 Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now Call of Duty Ghosts. Every Call of Duty fanboy and etc. has already talked about the game's FAULTS! I actually want to talk about how Infinity Ward can make this game BETTER and now a cash in! First, give the fans a more LONGER/ engaging story with emotion and dark elements with branching paths. Second, give us a more enhanced customization mode with a weapon creator, more ethnic races to choose from, more colors to choose from, more variety of weapons and any other suggestions Infinity Ward's dedicated fan base. Call of Duty fans need more elements like better Fish A.I, more levels without having to buy them but instead, UNLOCK them, better ways to trap campers, more innovative ways to destroy buildings, ride helicopters, save citizens, RPG like elements where we can intereact with NPC's and give us something else to do besides run around and kill people by making it more innovative like Battlefield but at epic proportions! Third, NO MORE POINTLESS DLC! (Make it an option for us to buy the dlc or complete tasks to unlock certain weapons and etc.) And Lastly, Give the fans more OFFLINE and ONLINE multiplayer modes! (Come up with something new!) I am tired of hearing everyone saying, "Call of Duty sucks and it is overrated!" Prove all the nay-sayers wrong! MAKE CALL OF DUTY BETTER.. NOT WORSE! STOP BEING LAZY and put more effort into your GAMES!!! 7/10!
  82. Jan 11, 2014
    By far, the worst CoD of all time. Do not waste your time with this game. Here are the issues:
    1- Maps suck, meaning they have no flow and are a clusterf***, with sometimes as many as 3 different levels with 50 different entrances and windows.
    2- Spawns are chaotic. They are the worst out of all CoDs and it's impossible to control them. For example: you're playing Domination with a party, nobody is rushing spawns, and you have A and B locked down. Too bad. Enemies start spawning behind you.
    1 and 2- 1 combined with 2 gives me a headache when playing.
    3- There's no demolition, headquarters, CTF, ground war, hardpoint, and I think a few more. The only thing worth playing is Domination, and that gets old reeeaaaal fast.
    4. Most of the weapons in the multi-player are the same re-skinned guns.
    5. Limited 8vs8 games online.
    6. It feels like MW3 part 2, and that's pretty bad considering MW3 was MW2 part 2. Seriously, there's nothing new.
  83. Nov 15, 2013
    i totally wonder why the review are :
    10% omg this is sooo new and the grapichs are sooo good..."
    90% same copy paste like every year " i played bl2 and i enjoyed it ONLY BECAUSE MY PC ISNT STRONG ENOUGH FOR BATTLEFIELD OR SOMETHING BETTER bl2 on max setting works fine bf 3 lowest setting doesnt work) there is nothing new..no inovation in guns..no inovation in the maps..same
    i totally wonder why the review are :
    10% omg this is sooo new and the grapichs are sooo good..."
    90% same copy paste like every year "
    there is nothing new..no inovation in guns..no inovation in the maps..same destryed new alien thing in new..faster zombies...thats all...faster zombies...if they would realease a game with totally new guys inovating maps etc..ppl wont hate it only cause its a cod game...but for ghosts.
  84. Dec 15, 2013
    I didn't play it, but these other guys sound like they know what they're talking about.
  85. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I think Battlefield fans are all the 900+ people who gave a negative score. Call of Duty Ghosts was not IF's best, but the game was somewhat good. Campaign is a little longer than previous games and has it's intense moments, such as when Elias dies and Riley gets shot. While Extinction is close to impossible on Solo, I found that it was a unique way to bring back survival typed game. Multi-player is my issue. The maps are too damn big! it allows for snipers and marksman rifles to be the most used guns! This game was fine until I sat down and played Multi-player. They might of changed, but in my opinion, Multi-player is the one that brought them down to a "7" rating from Big League reviewers and a "6.9" for me. Infinity Ward... when you make DLC in January, please make sure to not make gigantic maps. Expand
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    No real leader boards, mute function is non-existent, the campaign was bland at best, the space scene was confusing, and the dog felt like controlling a drone in Black Ops 2. Very mediocre. I had no fun with it at all. Total disappointment.
  87. Nov 7, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars.
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    You should buy this game only if you have money to blow. There are so many truly amazing games that offer a real gaming experience that CoD: Ghosts fails to deliver.

The campaign is just your typical "last hope for humanity" type story that relies heavily on action packed sequences. But since this has been done so many times in the previous CoD titles, it's easy to simply overlook any otherwise exciting moment as a "I feel like I've seen this before" deja vu.

The multiplayer is what most people look for in a CoD game. And if you're buying this for the multiplayer, you're better off not buying it at all. Basically, if you've played one CoD multiplayer, you've played them all. And CoD: Ghosts stays true to this. It is your typical CoD run and gun style shooter with little to no innovation whatsoever.
    Why play this when Battlefield 4 does everything Ghosts does, and does it 10x better, not to mention it does way more.

Visually, CoD: Ghosts looks like any other CoD game developed by Infinity Ward. Hell, it might even look worst than MW2. Atleast MW2 had vibrant colors, Ghosts has a greyish gloomy look to it, justified by being a post-apocalyptic setting, but is is visually dull and boring.

I'm going to wrap this up and give it a 2, because I'm feeling generous.

Oh! And it has a dog and aliens, because... INNOVATION!
  89. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    Got to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successfulGot to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successful line of video games. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2013
    Until they decide to give us something new or slightly innovative I can get the COD shooter experience from the old COD game that sits on my shelf. This game offers nothing but a step back for the genre. There are far too many better games out making this one a waste of time.
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Huge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's funHuge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's fun to play as and you genuinely care about him. Other than that, boring.

Multiplayer. Oh dear God. Awful. Where do I even begin?

It takes forever to level up and in order to upgrade your guns, you have to level up and spend your squad points. I spent about four hours straight playing and I got to level six. Level. Six. Yeah.

There is no more Search and Destroy.

I primarily play Hardcore games in COD games, and they had to go and change that. When you die in HC TDM, you have to wait anywhere from 10-15 seconds before you can respawn. Absolutely unnecessary.

Inbetween multiplayer matches, you have about 10 seconds before the next match begins, which does not give you time to change your loadouts, perks, or scorestreaks.

When the match begins, there is a 15-second countdown before the match actually starts.

The maps are ENORMOUS. They obviously did this for the next-gen consoles which will be 9v9, but for now 6v6 matches are awful. It takes forever to find anyone and gain XP. No XP no weapon upgrades.

Quite a few of the MP modes involve AI bots in the Squads mode. The bots are extremely overpowered and basically headshot you 9/10 times. The bots have more health and one-shot you almost instantly. They need to be nerfed immediately.

The best part of MP is the Safeguard mode, which is basically a Horde mode. This is a lot of fun and is quite challenging.

Overall, this game is a huge disappointment and the Battlefield players are yukking it up. Do yourself a favor and skip this entry. Stick with Black Ops II.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    Game was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on theGame was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on the pre-release ratings. The AI was improved for the bots and "aliens", but were still to be improved. I feel like they REALLY rushed the date it would come out, and the new ideas should not stick. Zombies need to be brought back from the grave... Get it? But seriously, the whole idea of aliens makes NO sense, as there is NO back-story, and NO plot. As I've stressed, the multiplayer is bad, the guns to overpowered, and much more. #Savethezombies Expand
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    Why not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly theWhy not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly the first and final missions but it's forgettable for the most part. The use of Riley, the dog, really was exclusive to just a couple of missions which was a disappointment due to how fun his parts are. My main gripe with the game is its multiplayer. Not sure why but Hardpoint, Headquarters, Theater Mode, and Search and Destroy are gone. The maps are also pretty big and a bit complicated... too many rooms, too much space for a 6v6 battle. Playing Ground War might have been a solution but even that is gone. Killstreaks has replaced scorestreaks as well which for me is a big step down. This game really just makes me want to play Black Ops 2 again. I'd recommend people to rent it before deciding to buy it or not. Expand
  95. Nov 7, 2013
    Too many BF fanboys trying to ruin fun for others. Talking that BF4 is a better option? LMAO for what, more bugs, glitches and examples of why they're just milking u fools with BF3.5? Don't get me wrong Ghosts is pretty bad but BF4 is a joke. The Squads is the biggest letdown, I thought it would be fun as hell. Remember them talking about how the bots would be just like human players,Too many BF fanboys trying to ruin fun for others. Talking that BF4 is a better option? LMAO for what, more bugs, glitches and examples of why they're just milking u fools with BF3.5? Don't get me wrong Ghosts is pretty bad but BF4 is a joke. The Squads is the biggest letdown, I thought it would be fun as hell. Remember them talking about how the bots would be just like human players, doing jump shots etc.? No what they meant was, YOU WILL DIE, because these things don't miss and are just OP as hell. I agree huge maps are fun, but not when they are populated by 6 enemies per side. Thus deeming this COD's MP "The year of the camper" because there isn't much of a chance to get any kind of a streak run and gunning. I think COD has hit a tipping point, if they don't do something, I mean something revolutionary next year, Call of Duty will go the way of the Palm Pilot. Cue sad music. Expand
  96. Nov 7, 2013
    COD is washed up and each installment feels like a DLC with more lag bugs then before. Big maps, slow movement, and small teams. Battlefield has taken over.
  97. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT, it completely copied the ending from MW2. Like seriously, same animations, same backgrounds, same athmosphere, same movements. The scene onyl uses a buggy instead of a heli. This is called 'Screwing fans', I hope this CoD get's pushed into the ground. The level design, weapons and animations suck giant Nothing has been improved. And also Infinity Ward completely ignores the best about CoD: the competitive scene. I wish this franchise would be extinct, just as their new sucky gamemode. Expand
  98. Nov 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed okI really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed ok but nothing too drastic. the gameplay actually feels slowing than black ops 2 and honestly it doesnt help much with the appeal. most of the weapons dont feel like they suit the class type they are in. the 3 round burst assault rifle had horrible recoil for being a "mid-long range weapon." it was more life a mid range weapon period. I was Really excited for the marksman rifles but they arent as good as i predicted them to be. if you fire off more than 3 shots off quickly, the recoil makes it impossible to take out your target from that "mid-long range distance." they added dedicated servers in this game which i was really excited about but when you take somebody out they actually have a 0.25 second delay before registering. dedicated servers really dont seem to help the game all that much. I was raging when I know i put shots into somebody and i dont know if i should stop shooting until that delay ends. The maps are terrible mostly. only 2 of them are really nice but the others are just chaos. the map design is completely random and i feel that this game as more random in it then actually skill unless you camp. the levels are just a mess and they have very few lines on sight in comparison to even that of MW3. on the last note, the spawn system in the game is the worst i've ever experienced (or remember). an example of this was me playing free for all. i was just spawning the match and the system spawned me side by side with an enemy at the start of the match. Another time im playing cranked (because i enjoy the fasted paced action) and i spawn feet away from the enemy to get gunned down. in black ops 2 i felt some sort of life security when i respawned because i would never get spawned killed. now i spawn and get shot instantly. some features seem cool but getting customizable gear is very difficult for the average person to get. I was riding on this one being so good but it disappointed me to no end. I bought the season pass for the first time and everything. I'm done with infinity ward. they really screwed this up. Expand
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    Hmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! BecauseHmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! Because shooting every body and their mother who is apparently a Russian or some other stereotypical country gives me joy!?!?!? Now on to the multiplayer, the thing that everybody plays these stupid games for. It's the same old thing that's been getting made. Oh? But new guns you say? Well that doesn't really matter when your practically immortal! I'm pretty sure someone can't run behind a wall and regrow their lost blood cells and probably limbs in a few seconds! The multi-players also full of raging, squeaking little children that make me want to shove screw drivers into my ears! Oh, and lets not for get the maps the size of my living room! Filled with raging little children and people who think they're so cool with their little video game and their incompetent brain to do nothing but press a button, and be a derp. It requires no skill to do and has no immersion what so ever. People running around "Quick-Scoping" and stupid things and such. Finally, for the new Extinction mode. It's like peanut butter with silly string bound around it in a land fill on the moon! Activision thinks they can make a good survival mode? I think not! And neither does the rest of the educated world. In all, this game is worse then the dump I took in the morning, and at least it had some perks. This is a horrible game that's the same thing as all it's other previous titles! Expand
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    Expect the same game. Huge Disappointment will not be buying another one of their $60 DLC's. If you want to play COD just go buy COD 4. Also known as the last Call of Duty.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.