2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 1979 Ratings

1. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IW's first bad game. I normally look forward to the IW release every other year over treyarch, and I thought after the fairly disappointing MW3 launch in 2011, that they'll step it up again in 2013. Well, I was wrong. They took a step back this time. 3 steps back to be exact. They focused way too much and the tiny details rather than focusing on the main idea. It was rather boring to be honest. The campaign seemed to just drag on and on. One of the worst things about the campaign was that it felt more like some copy and paste things (just retextured and more dog in it) from the MW series, but get this, it felt like a goddamn WW2 game during some parts. I mean WTF? This game is set during 2023 (I think). Not only that, I'm pretty sure they got somebody from a previous WW2 COD game to voice Rorke, I mean he even sounds exacly like the Sgt. from COD 2:Big Red One, except louder. And the trenches too. Yep, there's trenches, I was thinking that they retextured that from a scrapped WW1 or WW2 game a while back, I mean it feels like the Trenches in COD 2:BRO. And another thing too... physics doesn't seem to apply much in it, as you can shoot guns in space, and as far as I'm aware of, oxygen doesn't exist in the vacuum of space, so how do they fire? In the underwater level, the sharks are way too aggressive, actually I don't even think IW knows about sharks. For example, sharks in real life are way more scared of us then we are of them. Should you shoot 1 shark once, instead of swimming away, every shark in the whole goddamn ocean decides to swim faster than a bullet at you and attacks you. How does that work??? And even if you shoot it, if it comes within 15 feet of you, every move you do will freeze, and the shark commando lunges (MW2 reference if you don't get it) you, and you can't even defend yourself. And even if you kill one, another pops out of nowhere and does the same thing. Another thing too is that Riley, the dog/STAR of the game is soooo annoying. It's Riley this, use your dog for a really long part of the mission that if you fail you have to start at the beginning of that part again, or just plain carrying the poor thing. It's just annoying. Then back to Rorke. So IW, what if you're shot by a .44 Magnum round in the heart? Shouldn't you die? Yes of course you should, escpically when you're 10 feet away from the gun too. Yeah, so you shoot Rorke at the end underwater with that gun, and yet he magically lives. And what's better is that there's no way he could have come up from 50 feet with a bullet wound underwater and live.So basically if you wanted there to be a Ghosts 2 or whatever (Oh god please no), you could've done something more believable at the end. Moving to Extinction mode. It's short and sweet. It's very boring. For MP... Poor map designs, bad support, and just too many campers (which I guess it the same thing as the map design.). Well that's it. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    REDUCED SCORE: After a week of 'getting to know' COD Ghosts I am reducing my score by 50%. Another year, another HACKED TO PIECES piece of crap game. Tonight I shot someone, who had juggernaut on, I couldn't kill him but my rounds rickochey'd and blew me up? Hacked code. Aimbots, wall hacks, all easily available if you want them. Cheaters and campers all accommodated. Honest, good players totally screwed. Bored of little kids on a supposedly 'mature' game. Bored of Playing HardCore Kill Confirmed where everyone camps. NO ONE IS PLAYNG THIS THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED. What a waste of money. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2014
    Atleast this game works right, I'm having a much more pleasant experience playing this than Bf4.

Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 demonstrates that there are pros and cons to everything, but when a game is worse than the other but works right, it's a better game and has a big advantage. Three months ago I went to play Ghosts, still playing it now and I'm done with Bf4, sorry EA.

However I judge COD and other franchises in their own rights, I'm just making a point the people at EA needs to see.
  4. ECU
    Apr 18, 2014
    Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes", "one bullet-one kill" moments every damn level, like every five minutes, it WILL NOT excite the players. I have to say again the story feels like it has been written by a 15 year old who's seen 5 or 6 war movies in it's entire life. The graphics looks worse than Black Ops 2 and I think it's meant so to make the next-gen version look way more better. Sound design also lacks the quality of the CoD series. IW, Neversoft and Raven are all respectable and talented studios but they wasn't ready to work together it seems. Activision should cancel the "one CoD every year" policy and start thinking about a fresh start with a lot more time and creativity. Expand
  5. Feb 26, 2014
    This games campaign was cheesy but not terrible in my opinion. Multiplayer is just pathetic. Game modes like sabotage , demolition gone? Epic fail... I can say i am done with this franchise. Long live demon/dark souls / 2
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    I bought BO2 as my first ever cod game. I fell in love with multiplayer. I never got really good but I loved to play. Each game was a rush and I never got tired of it. As soon as I could, I preordered Ghost and I couldn't WAIT to get it. I didn't know that the games were made by different studios so I thought they would be more alike. I didn't care for Ghost at first so I kept chasing the high that BO2 gave me and I never found it. I traded this game in today. I only play multiplayer and it just didn't seem as fun to me. I'm actually much better at this COD but I don't have near the fun I thought I would. For me, the maps are too big for how strong the bullets seem to be. I can't trash the game but I think Bo2 is much better than this in almost all aspects of multiplayer. The one aspect I like better in Ghost is the unlock system. Other than that, Ghost felt very blah to me. This is my first review and I know it wasn't very in depth but I wanted to write it to help anyone that wanted to buy Ghost just because they enjoyed BO2. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2013
    The funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemy weapons and approaching enemies with more thought than shooting anything that moves, that it would be a cult hit for those longing for an expansion of CoD4's All Ghillied Up missions Unfortunately, in the hands of a post Zampella/West Inifinity Ward, it is bizarrely as bad, even worse than its World War 3 styled predecessors in terms of bombastic set pieces, and about as stealthy as a truck with giant amps blaring out nu-metal full blast at the enemy.

The graphics may claim to be better, but such bland art direction makes it look worse than Black Ops 2's near future style. Gameplay is as recycled as you can get, and new ideas seem to be taken as jokes by the devs, who would much rather stick with their formula than try anything remotely new, in case players have a weird fear of change.

The campaign is very forgettable, and considering that an oscar winner wrote it that's a surprise. It is just as racially insensitive as MW3 when it comes to depicting anyone other than the U.S (come on, South america this time?), and there is no emotional connection to the player character. Crucially, it takes itself far too seriously, so there is no fun to be had at its own silliness the way Blops 2 had.

Simply put, doesn't live up to its promises, and instead sticks to a far too worn path that most have got sick of at this point.
  8. Dec 27, 2013
    Even though i have been a dedicated COD hater since MW2 I have to say that this game is a heartbeat in the dying franchise. The campaign has characters i liked even though elias is a little cliche. Ending isn't too great but i had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the environment and the idea altogether. Not too shabby IW but you have a bit to go until getting back to MW glory
  9. Jun 11, 2014
    When I first got the game out and started playing I enjoyed it. About a week later it was boring as explict. The game just became boring after a while. Not only was it getting boring people started to use the same gun. Over and over after I got killed they were all using the same gun. Now im not gonna say the specific gun name but, all I know is that it was OP and everyone used it.
  10. Jan 21, 2014
    Call of Duty: Dog Ops, I thought was gonna be a change. I kept hearing people say same COD same **** but I wanted to see and play the game for myself and man I just wasted 50 bucks. The game touted the use of the dog, but his use is very minimal with the exception of it's use in multiplayer. The story could have been more interesting if the enemy was actually believable. Really, a South American Union? The graphics are fair for the most part, but what's the point of interesting levels if you're simply moving upon a set path with no branching ways to take. Also if the squad you're controlling is suppose to be stealth killers, then shouldn't the game have way more stealth aspects to it? I'll take it Ghosts will be the new COD story arc for the next-gen gaming systems til they start talking about the next new COD storyline. Oh, well guess I'll go outside. Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    Multiplayer review only

Reopening my metacritic account for the first time after reviewing only one other game. WRC powerslide which was a great Mario cart style game that was great fun.

The user score for this game is just stupid. I have been predominantly battlefield since bfbc2 yet have always bought and after a while taken back COD games. After seeing the multiplayer trailers for
    this game I thought what the hell and bought it.

So far I have not been disappointed, yes there are no dedicated servers but any host advantage or lag of any kind is minimal to say the least. People say the maps are boring when in fact they are quite well designed and unlike the last 3 COD game mw3 and plops 1 and 2 the maps have more of a realistic feel to them. what im saying is every room does not have 3 doors or 2 stairways to counter camping. Every corner of the map cannot be seen by a window somewhere.

The gun sounds are quite good and heavy although I am running through a 1000w ss system. Graphics are tidy but could be improved upon.

I would have given this a 9 however 6v6 for most game modes is not enough (Id like to see at least 8v8) and what is with always having a very stripped down game choice for us hardcore mode players.

If you enjoyed MW2 and were a little disappointed with the following iterations of COD then this certainly reminds me of MW2 just much more polished.

It gets an 8 from me
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    Black ops is so much better than any modern warfare version that comes out. These games are repetitive and do not change enough to be interesting. Save your mullah and keep the older versions.
  13. Nov 9, 2013
    It not amazing, but its not good either. Although it is the same thing game play wise, there are enough changes behind the scenes that let me have fun with it and try something new. But they made the maps bigger, and let you play with less people. 12 is now the max amount of players you can play with because modes like Ground War are gone along with S&D. The destruction isn't even noticeable in MP and it could have been taken out of the game because I haven't seen anything happen at all yet. The campaign is much less condeluded as previous installments and although it rips off Red Dawn and Modern Warfare 2, its a breath of freash are to go into a new story not held down by previous installments. Its stupid as hell, but i enjoyed it. I honestly havent played extinction and dont really plan on doing it soon so dont ask me about that. But over all I would give it a low 50/100. Nothing spectacular and will definitely giving something for fans to do, but you can tell CoD is at the end of its life. I'll be interested to see what finally knocks it off the top in the genre. (Hopefully Titanfall of Battlefront :D Expand
  14. Jan 15, 2014
    Let me clarify two things right now. One: I do not hate this game. Two: I do not like this game.

Now the story is all over the place, something about an alternate universe where drug cartels and oil companies ruling South America... even though that's happening in this universe. The story CAN be interesting, but it fails to grasp you at an emotional scale. The ending, though... I
    realize they have to make sequels for this, but this ending is worst than the Mass Effect 3 ending. I realize I cannot take that back, but I'm saying it. The action is fine, not always pulse-pounding but it's not boring. I am not good at multiplayer at all so I can't give an honest opinion about that.

Overall, mediocre.
  15. Nov 7, 2013
    Ahh, the annual Call Of Duty. I was really hoping that somehow, the folks at Infinity Ward were telling the truth when they said they were doing something brave and not making Modern Warfare 4.
    I can safely inform you that that was a load of bollocks and in everything from the outdated graphics to the recycled themes and cutscenes, CoD: Ghost carries little to no merit as we enter an all
    new generation of games.

The story follows poor old America, who this time is not invading some third world country in an annual death squad hunt, but rather finds itself in ruins from a large scale attack from you guessed it the clearly resource rich South America. The premise of this near post apocalyptic future was one of the few redeeming factors of the game, but because the details of why it all took place in the first place are so vague, there is near to no driving force behind why you have to set out on this mission, and so it becomes yet another mindless shooter where you and your awfully programmed AI bros, face off against even dumber AI terrorists.
    Save for the Trophies/Achievements, the campaign warrants an hour of so of your time to decide for yourself whether you want to finish it or not. Of course story is not why hundreds of thousands of gamer-bros around the world buy CoD every year. Oh no, the reason to slap another sixty dollars down would be for the majority in the games multiplayer.

Despite disliking my experience of the most part, I cannot deny a smidgen of merit in this department. There is fun to be had, and I must commend Infinity Ward for their work in the map design department.
    That being said, this is still the same monotonous "spawn-die-spawn-kill-die" formula that has been present in the last few games.
    I fail to see the point of it even existing when the only hope you have of killing any opposing player is if you were to see them first, and even then, I was constantly outraged by how I would shoot first, and then randomly die. Upon viewing the returning "KillCam" if shows the person that killed me shoot first, thus proving the return of the infamous "Lag-Comp". Introduced in Black Ops 2, with the intention of giving players with varying internet connections similar experiences, it makes gameplay extremely bloody irritating.
    The "Redefined Multiplayer" that can be quoted from the back of the CoD: Ghosts packaging is merely a way of trying to make us believe that by adding a ton of perks, and slightly altering the "Pick 10" system in BO2, that they are truly changing the playing fields. But this does not alter the already dreadful experience, that offers zero accessibility to newcomers at all.

A gimmick of a wave mode has been implemented and is titled "Extinction". It sees you and your gallant force of bro American soldiers duke it out with, you guessed it, aliens. A L I E N S. Have we resorted to picking new modes out of a hat filled with ideas people at Infinity Ward came up with at drunken parties celebrating the incomprehensible success of their last game? I mean, ****
    And if you hadn't guessed, the mode itself is ****

I had hoped that we would have seen Call Of Duty thrive and die on this generation of consoles, but there is the worrying idea that that may not be the case.
    For fans of the series, what people with constructive views say does not matter, because you've already bought it. For others, stay away. In a sea of exciting new IP's, amazing re-imaginings of existing franchises, and all new consoles, CoD: Ghosts fits into the corner of games that will hopefully soon be swept under the rug and forgotten about, as the future of gaming is far to bright to be snuffed out by rubbish such as this.

Jack Valentine
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: The same old same old.

Graphics: Easily the highlight of my experience, the game does look a lot better than it has in the past few titles, which all looked respectable as well.

Sound: The firearms and explosions all sound swell as usual.

Playability: As smooth as ever, but with no new advancements or additions.

Entertainment: While it is fun and the multiplayer is polished and the campaign shines brightly for its special moments, it isn't anything we haven't already seen in most instances, and grows stale quicker than the previous games have.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 7.5
  17. Jan 11, 2014
    By far, the worst CoD of all time. Do not waste your time with this game. Here are the issues:
    1- Maps suck, meaning they have no flow and are a clusterf***, with sometimes as many as 3 different levels with 50 different entrances and windows.
    2- Spawns are chaotic. They are the worst out of all CoDs and it's impossible to control them. For example: you're playing Domination with a
    party, nobody is rushing spawns, and you have A and B locked down. Too bad. Enemies start spawning behind you.
    1 and 2- 1 combined with 2 gives me a headache when playing.
    3- There's no demolition, headquarters, CTF, ground war, hardpoint, and I think a few more. The only thing worth playing is Domination, and that gets old reeeaaaal fast.
    4. Most of the weapons in the multi-player are the same re-skinned guns.
    5. Limited 8vs8 games online.
    6. It feels like MW3 part 2, and that's pretty bad considering MW3 was MW2 part 2. Seriously, there's nothing new.
  18. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely incredible the bad reviews of this game. People bought it expecting the entire thing to be different? What were you expecting? The old core of run and gun is there with countless improvements here and there to make the game feel much smoother and entertaining.

One of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. Amazing action, story and scenery. Also with fantastic
    editions like squads and extinction, also an improved multiplayer. A great COD game to end this current generation. Best COD game since MW. Expand
  19. Dec 16, 2013
    For me the game is easy enough to say that this is a CoD game through and though. It has some decent writing with very well done action sequences, combat can be fast paced or door to door at your choice. The AI can be somewhat competent at times. Flanking and getting around corners to fire on your position as well as flushing with equipment use.
    But most of the locations are forgetful,
    many of the other characters may be well voice acted but they are still forgettable save for Riley "Dog". You fight well amongst the ranks and though they kill enemies as well you are left to mop up the bulk of the troops. However it would have been nice to play a character with a voice.. The last CoD games gave you that satisfaction at least. Knowing that your character was there and had a voice to let his own existence be heard and felt.

Multiplayer is where this game shines as with all the CoD games. It boast a rather decent roster of weapons and items to use in combat, as well as perks and kill streaks to help keep the enemy dead and staying there. However I found myself missing many of the items and weapons from Black Ops2. "Namely the Ballistic Knife" But other weapons helped easy that loss, including the knew grenade launcher. Weapon balance is thrown off at times by the aim assist and even gives the quick scope players some problems at times "serves them right"
    Character customization is a new and welcome addition, I currently have an almost full list of troops in my squad and each of them host and different flavor of play. This stacked with the ability to unlock items and patches with challenge completions fill my complietionest niche nicely. Not to mention extinction, though I admit I do miss my zombies however I can feel its time to leave that behind as well. As well as the ability to have skill sets and abilities in the new horde mode as well.

Well done on that end.

All in all I enjoyed the game, the fast paced and well made story coupled with a villain that I can easily want to kill as much as the next guy and in my opinion an award winning multiplayer as always. Only held back by some of its more small problems still showing their ugly heads.

A must buy for any FPS fan.
  20. Nov 24, 2013
    It's another call of duty game. Nothing special about it. It's just the company trying to make money with stupid costumers that probably just brought it blindly
  21. Nov 24, 2013
    All these reviews are mostly unfair as half of them seem to of just bashed it as its cod they picture screaming kids with overpowered guns and explosions everywhere but as someone who plays battlefield and at first agreed with these I thought I would give it a go and its good it has its flaws but its not worth the zeros and ones of the fan boys who have not even gave it a chance
    campaign:Has a good story but game play does not live up either does battlefield 4 which is a disappointment from both companies but you may want to play ghosts as its an all new one as well as battlefields so you don't have to play previous games in the franchise.
    Game play/multi player:Call of duty ghosts is not an all new engine or an all new 60 fps experience with battlefield but what it does provide is value for money and fun. the maps this time around are fairly larger and have gotten many complaints but I think its a better feature as it leads for more thinking then a 3 way corridor map and there are 15 maps all from factories,jungles,snowy landscapes and many more and the environment really adds to the game.There are many guns and snipers have changed so instead of a black border there is a blurry line of sight making quickscopers pretty annoyed but for people who don't want to watch a screen of 9 year old jumping of roofs trying to shoot each other its a nice addition.
    Graphics:Lets be honest you knew they were never going to beat battlefield 4s but what is there is ok it looks good while just running around but on pc the textures look really murky and poor but on 360,ps3,xbox one and ps4 they look decent enough
    overall I gave cod ghosts a chance and it is rather fun and I think its worth its price unless you are on pc I heard the port is really bad..
  22. Jun 4, 2014
    Eh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you do you ARE going to get shot. And your health in the game is pretty dang pathetic, not to mention the QUICKSCOPERS. My gosh, just stop making snipers seriously just stop, and then you won't have to worry about that. Extinction was a nicely done job, that's probably why this game isn't in the negatives, the story is pretty well set out, but the game play is just to dang impossible, I mean who's idea was it to make it so hard it is unbeatable to most people. Would recommend this? No not really, it was good, but not worth the 120$ that I paid for it. I really liked call of duty 4 modern warfare, I liked the whole modern warfare series. This just kind of made me lose everything I liked in call of duty, I mean seriously, make something new, don't just make the same thing YEAR after YEAR. It get's really boring playing the same thing again and again, just paying more money for it. Seriously, do something creative, I've about had it with this crap. And I am pretty sure that "Advanced Warfare" is going to have the same thing in it. Expand
  23. Nov 17, 2013
    I wouldn't say this game deserves a 0 but i can't give it more than 3 because, as many people said, this franchise just seems to try to do worst on each new episode, but though i liked black ops 2 thanks to its zombie mode (until the last scene in Origins that was a low blow, thanks Treyarch), here there's nothing to bring hide behind or to lure people into. The game (though being the most beautiful of the franchise) isn't at the expected level, and when you think of how much money the game brings to Activision, it shows how thoughtful they are towards their consumers. But above all the game just remixes previous scenes (from call of but even other franchises such as Uncharted or Battlefield...) and does it worse than the originals; and that's not the dog or the alien mode that will bring interest in the bad game. The online is so conventional when you've played previous episodes that i don't see anything of value with this exhausted franchise anymore. But they are right to act like this, the game still sells so why would they bother try to make something good when not needed. Expand
  24. Apr 11, 2014
    Call of Duty is back (again) but once again, it disappoints to reach the level of awesomeness as both CoD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2

Campaign
    The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you
    kill Russians (why Russian's, why not Chinese, Japanese, or Germans again) but the second mission has a bit of stealth, the game overall has a bit of stealth (like most games have now) but you can control a dog, which may seem awesome for a bit, but there is a problem with it, is there any point of stealth (and how did you get pass so easily?) answer is no, whatever you do, is shoot, there going to find you one way or another
    Campaign = 7/10 It gets 7 because its ending makes you wish for more, and ends with a cliffhanger, which nearly confirms a sequel

Multiplayer
    Now im going to get some hate i guess for this, but the multiplayer is the bad thing in CoD, and has been since Black Ops (Black Ops was the game that destroyed CoD) but it tries to be good, it just is the same as all of the other CoD's
    Multiplayer = 2/10, gets 2 for being the same, only above 0 because it has some new stuff which can be entertaining, for about 30 seconds

Extinction
    So i had no interest with this mode, but i gave it a go, and this is a ok mode, but it won't be replacing Zombies with its fun, its a story based mode, which is very annoying to do, it even has strategy (IT HAS!... for once), thing is, it feels boring quick, feels like Zombies mode with Aliens and no Zombies, with taking away the windows.
    Extinction = 5/10, Could have got a higher score if it wasn't for it being boring easily

Overall = 6/10, Call of Duty Ghosts buries Multiplayer dead, Campaign misses the trick and a game mode which has fun, but only for a short while, would've given 4/10 if it wasn't for the new tricks
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    I've enjoyed every single CoD game I've played, from Cod 4 all the way to black ops two. This however is the sole exception to those feelings. The map designs are decent but the graphics actually make them worse. The class system is overcomplicated for absolutely no benefit to it and so is the ranking system. There's no real revolutionary guns, theres no crazy setting for any of the maps, theres absolutely nothing special about this game. At all. As one reviewer put it: I'd rather play black ops 2. By far the worst of the series. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2014
    In all honesty, I have played cod since mw2. Ghosts however is the worst yet. Originally, I thought black ops 1 was the worst, however playing it again it's not as bad as I thought. I'm going off topic here but there are good and bad points about Ghosts. Good Points 1. On multiplayer, the guns are fun and really good to use. 2. It's the first cod to customise your own soldiers which is quite cool
    3. Some new original killstreaks are added onto this game including the maniac, guard dog etc.

Bad Points

1. As I said before about the killstreaks in one of my good points about the game, however these killstreaks are actually worthless they hardly kill anyone. Support killstreaks should have not been in the game to begin with,
    2. There are not enough maps in the game and most of them are too big, they suck and basically requires you to waste more money on dlc map packs which apparently are really good. If they sucked big time then playing multiplayer is basically pointless. The game has some of the worst maps in cod history including whiteout, siege, stormfront, free fall and chasm (which is the worst out of the lot)
    3. Infinity Ward added a new game mode called extinction, I only played it once I thought it was really bad and never played it since. This is basically a rip off version of black ops zombies. I find black ops zombie to be one of the best game modes in history it's so fun and addicting. It also saved black ops 1 from being a disappointing instalment in the cod series. In a cod game when would you be coming up against frickin' aliens, from the trailers it looked cool but playing the actual game mode it is one of the worst game modes I have ever played, but that's not the only game mode I find terrible which brings us to the next bad point.
    4. Search and Rescue, don't even get me started on that game mode. This is one of the main reasons I hate cod ghosts, they combined search and destroy and kill confirmed into one game mode it doesn't work that way. Many times when I play team tactical and when s&r pops up everyone votes for it, most of the time I would leave the lobby so I can avoid it and even when playing the game mode, when you kill an enemy Infinity Ward thought of the idea of having dog tags lying around and to confirm the kill you have to pick up the tag, however when trying to retrieve it about a second later you are dead because of some enemy decides to camp and makes me rage and spitting out "Stop camping you **** play the game properly" and stuff like that. If it's one ghosts 2 in the next couple of years, then that game can just go by the waste side.
    5. There are a couple of other game modes that were added into the game, Infinity Ward put Blitz and Cranked into this game. Why? them game modes are really boring and gamers would tend not to play on these game modes. The thing that annoys me a lot this that they replaced Demolition which in my opinion is the best game mode on cod multiplayer history.
    6. The graphics look really dull and depressing, where is the colour and texture? I find it really hard to see your enemies on the screen because they are basically camouflaged in the background, buildings, anything
    7. I said before the guns were really good, however they are the same guns from black ops 2 but with a few new guns featured.
    8. It's just the same as mw3 but a lot worse.

There is not much to say about campaign, in general I think it's ok could have been longer but nothing special just an ordinary campaign mode.

Overall, this game was a huge disappointment. Infinity Ward should have just stopped making more COD games because when they made mw3 it was not as good as mw2 but I could tell that Ghosts was going to be worse. For Ghosts 2 please do not make a copy of mw3, take out support killstreaks and in general just take killstreaks out overall and bring scorestreaks in, take out extinction because it is a waste of game data and design much better maps and have a couple of small maps to begin with.

If Infinity Ward fail to do that then it's bye bye to the cod games that Infinity Ward make. If you want a cod game that has good guns this might be the game for you. But if want a cod game that is copy of another cod game, STAY AWAY!!! save your money on a cod game that will actually be good.

Fingers crossed let's hope Advanced Warfare will be good.
  27. Jan 5, 2014
    I am new to CoD, and I think this game is great. I can see that people would get frustrated with the lack of change, but as a game, as if it was a one-off,t is fantastic.r
  28. May 7, 2014
    COD: Ghosts is a fun and involving game, in this installment they just try to throw you into the action from start to bottom without changing the mood, though it maybe means excellent but the quality of the story sometimes lacks and sometimes seems childish, Overall game is good enough
  29. Nov 12, 2013
    Dont listen to the CoD haters. Ghosts is a really solid game that you can spend a ton of hours on. If you havn't picked up a CoD game in a while, pick it up. If you have, maybe wait for next gen. Obviously, you know their resources went in to that this time around. Dont be so quick to judge. If for nothing else, the discount on the X box One version to level your squad in the meantime is worth it if you plan on buying it then. Expand
  30. Apr 8, 2014
    Es un CoD mas de lo mismo, algunas cosas novedosas, pero son muy pocas, un motor grafico que es ya algo desfasado, un ritmo un poco lento comparado con otro CoD, pese a todo es un buen shooter, pero que tarde o temprano aburre.
  31. Mar 26, 2014
    alright it's basically the same **** just a different title. Campaign brings a bit of fun shooting gallery arcade style gameplay as always that has a very unique story. The new Squads mode adds more to the AI in game and let's you attack other squads on set maps. Extinction mode brings new strategic fun to the "survival modes" the games have started. My main gripe is the multiplayer. Few maps and Weapons makes it feel sort of useless and the unlock system is annoying as you can purchase the best weapon at any level and make it pointless to grind for xp like other games. The multiplayer is also just filled with campers and people who exploit to win the games causing it to be annoying to play (back to BF3 or any old cod or even GTA for that matter). This game was a waste of the full 60 bucks (i payed 40 on xbox for on demand at christmas) recommend you play anything else or just wait for the price to drop. This is a good game don't get me wrong it is just annoying to play sometimes Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2013
    I am sick of Game reviewers such as IGN Rating this game High scores. This piece of is just a recycled version of MW3. Graphics look bad even on PC! Ultra 1080p still makes it look bad. the multiplayer is still garbage The guns still sound like plastic BB guns. lag, The campaign is stupid and boring and there's a brand new Extinction mode which lets you play against Aliens! how stupid is that! this comes down to a Milking of a dead Cow. Its like they only focused on making the dog look good in missions than working on the pile of crap! this Goddamn game better be the last "Call of Dogs" game Infinity Ward ever makes. Expand
  33. Jul 19, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a small disappointment to most people.
    Ghost is a Black Ops 2 clone to most people and some think it as a new and fine addition to the franchise.
    Ghost was okay by my standers and I played the entire Modern Warfare and Black Ops series, Ghost fells like a rushed game but has a small selection of entertainment hidden in it. If you watch Rooster Teeth's let's play
    videos there a fun game type they created called sensitivity training where you and some friends have to set the sensitivity to the highest or the lowest. There's two way you could do it a Free-For-All match or in a Team-death match make one team have the highest sensitivity and the other team the lowest.
    However Ghosts can get boring if you play it like an other Call of Duty, some games require a small amount of creativity to enjoy it.
    In the end it get a reasonable score of 6 or a 5.
  34. Nov 10, 2013
    If you're looking for the next installment to the CoD franchise, with a few tweaks, this is for you. If you were looking for something ground breaking from Call of Duty... well.. You should have known better. Whilst im not a fan, dont hate on a game you paid £40 for, when it was exactly what you should have expected it to be.
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    Complete trash. The single player campaign is dry and sporadic. I never felt engaged and was often just mindlessly shooting drones. The Multiplayer is by far the worst COD experience I've ever had. The maps are too big and are just confusing mazes. 90% of my kills/deaths are just coming from behind. I've owned MWF 1/2/3 and BO 2 and this is by far the worst COD experience I've ever encountered.
  36. Nov 21, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghost is a FUN game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a GOOD game. While the core mechanics of COD are there, it is still an unpolished lack luster game, but so are all CODs so i digress. However the game has a strong community and it is fun to play with friends, and most of the time, that is what matters, but there is no excuse for minimal effort on graphics, physics, and mechanics... so 7 Expand
  37. Dec 2, 2013
    Although the game has many noticeable flaws, the game is very fun, the campaign has a couple nice twists in it, the multiplayer is a tiny bit confusing once you first start but once you play long enough you'll figure it out. Maybe this is Microsoft's way of saying: "Buy the Xbox One." because, if you take a good hard look at the graphics, you can tell they just made a BS copy for all the people who AREN'T buying one. All in all, it's a pretty decent game. Expand
  38. Jan 11, 2014
    Very good singleplayer. Infinity ward did a good job on making all of the characters unique and and special in their own ways. The dog was a great addition to the game. I like how infinity ward took a whole different approach to this game. Not the usual run and gun, kill this villain, your team mate dies oh no. This was entirely different. I had great faith that infinity ward would make a good comeback, after all of those terrible games they made before. The multiplayer is a different story. It's the same god damn thing, just with some create a soldier and extinction which sucks hard and was a huge disappointment. I overall enjoyed the singleplayer, but infinity ward need to work on their multiplayer. The lean feature is pretty useless but the sliding is pretty cool. I don't understand why people hate it so much. They're just so butthurt that it's the most bestselling first person shooter of all time and that it's not as perfect as battlefield or halo. Expand
  39. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Sighs* This everyone, is what is known as a fairly good game. I see everyone just rating it 0, and for what reason, IT SUCKS BECAUSE OF FANS AND THEY MAKE TOO MUCH OF IT AND IT EXISTS! Gg guys. I see other people who say BEST GAME EVER PLAYED IN LYFE! 10/10 would CoD again. And then there is people like me who REVIEW the game based on how GOOD it is and not based on things that don't actually effect the game play like 'the fans are a tad bit annoying' or 'there is quite a few of CoD games'. So this game, decent story, bland by a fair bit, but decent. Nice plot, simple, but it works. Pretty good ending, surprising a bit, doesn't work though *cough cough Rorke couldn't of survived that at all and then somehow teleports away from where he died by coming from the opposite direction*. The gameplay, was pretty damn good, you had the guns-blazing action and the run and shoot and grenades and boom and death and splosions was all good. Gotta love those slow-mo door break ins. But the thing is this game is bland, it's just the same thing in lots of different ways. Characters are portrayed nicely, however there is no real character development. Overall a generally good game, the sharp corners just need to be re-done and polished up. Expand
  40. Jan 1, 2014
    Call of duty ghost is a good game the best part about is the multiplayer I like the graphics But my biggest flaw is where are the ghosts.....................................................
  41. Dec 26, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was very disappointing. It in no way lives up to its expectations, but as long as it can keep the drooling 9 year old's happy, it is good enough. There's still some substance to the multiplayer, and obviously the campaign is so short theres not much point it even being there. Extinction is the closest to fun in Call Of Duty that I've had since MW2. Expect this game to sell a ton, and to start a cult that WILL BRING THE WORLD DOWN, DEVELOPER BY DEVELOPER MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2013
    Essentially the same game as the last ~3 iterations. This is in itself not bad, but there are some things that do not make this game worthwhile:
    - the single player campaign is even shorter (and partly cut-n-pasted from the last games)
    - It requires a monster PC to run smootly, even though it looks worse than the last titles
  43. Nov 11, 2013
    The story, as is often the case in Call of Duty is full of very original motifs and predictable twists. The campaign has, however, a decent dose of excitement, straight out of a Hollywood action movie a spectacular and explosively, and the script is in the background. The story takes us to different places globe, providing a variety of locations, which helps to keep the attention of the recipient. Expand
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    I was hoping for some kind of advancement in the series, but really this was just another installment of what we're all used to. I can't say I enjoy it any more than my old Call of Duty games back from 4-5 years ago, less so because my expectations have evolved even though this franchise has not. I'd give it a miss this year, and hope they try harder next year.
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    Boooooooooooooo, same game, maps suck, 60 bucks for this lmao! I'm no fanboy but BF4 is way better and it's not that good. Just not the same sense cod 4
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    There's no really much to say. The story is centered around "Regular war! Incident! Big threat to America! Bullet-time kill of enemy!" The gameplay has no innovative properties. The only thing that has seemed to improve was the graphics, and probably the only thing stopping me from giving this a hard 0 is the fact that I can't say I'm surprised. Seriously. I don't know how they keep getting away with this. Expand
  47. Dec 18, 2013
    Was pretty upset when the game was first released due to the cheesy gun sounds, poor character visuals and missing fan favorite multiplayer game modes, but have a better opinion now. After they made some updates, the sound and visuals got cleaned up and a couple game modes (SND and Ground War) were brought back to add some more variety. Also the multiplayer kill streak rewards are much more ground focused and realistic than the last couple of CODS. The watch dog kill streak is awesome!

Overall Ghosts is a great COD and in my opinion the best one to date. I never thought I'd see a COD beat COD4, but I must admit it has now happened. If you like the COD's before this, it's a must own!

I would've rated the game higher, but I'm a bit upset that demolition and headquarters wasn't included in the multiplayer game modes.
  48. Nov 8, 2013
    Its a Call of Duty game... Somewhat compelling SP, same multi player with few good maps and game modes and a alien mode that (rips off aspects of other games and past COD ideas) brings me back to playing Payday:The Heist and Payday 2 with that pesky drill you always have to reset... It reminded me of MW3 instantly on the second story mission. I'm sad that a wasted money on this game and sad that i thought that this game could change Expand
  49. Feb 3, 2014
    Hands down the worst installment of COD. The problem is that the game is almost solely connection based. I mean beyond the uninspired maps, lack of dissimilar weapons, and an incredibly weak kill streak line up. The main reason most people get COD is to play online, most importantly to compete. But in Ghosts (to save money) it's more based on who has the better connection then who is the more skilled player. Similar to it's predecessors you can clearly see this in kill cams. When watching the kill cam from your opponents perspective you can see it looks nothing like what you experienced. For example if you fired at the opponent before losing the battle and it doesn't show you firing in the kill cam for his perspective. That shows a clear connection advantage that the other player has to the game. This is something completely controllable by infinity ward/activision but it's all based on how much money they are willing to spend on the experience. I for one will not be purchasing another product based on their cheapness in this instance. I hope that more gamers will chose to look to other developers/publishers (Respawn/Bethesda/Ubisoft) who are more geared towards the gamer experience. Expand
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    Overall a big waste of time. Call of Duty Ghosts falls flat on its face, the multiplayer is pretty much the same formula with some minute changes including: Bad graphics Boring guns and hateful players. The campaign is worse than Black Ops 2, they introduced a dog then forgot about him then brought him back later on. Its a train wreck of bad decision and a lack of innovation.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    Once again, no difference to the last game. I've played both battlefield 4 and CoD ghosts multiplayer and I have to say that not only did I enjoy battlefield more I also think its better quality. Yet another disappointment. I don't recommend buying itl
  52. Nov 6, 2013
    For a game written by a Hollywood writer you could have fooled me into thinking it was written one from any other Call of Duty game. There is a sever lack of innovation for almost all aspects of this game. You can introduce as many new game modes as you want but in the end the basic CoD formula, the one that has been the same over the past 6 years still stays strong, problem is it got old only 2 games later. For a game that in the previews boasted new engine graphics this, new dynamic events that, they were minimal, pitiful and a little to late. It irritates me how much hype and "praise" this game gets year after year when it seriously is only a small deviation from the last installment. Expand
  53. Nov 6, 2013
    What.... Just.... What? Not worth buying... Sure the campaign is OK, but only if you've never played any previous CoD titles. The campaign is just recycled old stuff. The online is once again the exact same, with little dynamic features. Played it for 3 hours, and never will again.
  54. Sep 11, 2014
    This is a standard CoD game with some useful updates and innovations. Better than both Black Ops games in my opinion. Perfect for people who like Call Of Duty the way it is with new weapons and more advanced maps. People giving this game a "zero" or "one" rating are out of there minds. If this game was a stand alone game without the reputation it has, it would be an 8,but with the Call Of Duty lineup in mind I give it a 5.

The campaign was forgettable.

In my opinion, CoD has diluted the experience that used to be so fun back in the MW2 days when killstreaks were actually worth getting, your skill with the sniper was unlimited, and map design was at an all time best. Everybody may have been "overpowered" in that game, but it made it so much more enjoyable. I had some fun with my friends playing this game but ultimately the way the game played was not fun enough to keep me coming back.
  55. Nov 6, 2014
    I don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILL **** BECAUSE ITS CALL OF DUTY. Just buy the COD 4 the last good one in the entire series. If you are some brain deficient child you may derive some entertainment but anyone more intelligent stay away. There are better games to be had for less that 60 dollars. Expand
  56. Nov 9, 2013
    OK there are a lot of COD haters who have just put in a 0 score because they are immature idiots but as someone who has been a huge fan of the previous games, especially Black Ops 1 and 2, it pains me to say that Ghosts is a huge let down. I (like many) play COD for it's multiplayer. The previous games were great fun but Ghosts is almost a chore to play. The maps are just downright confusing and far too big, with camping seemingly rewarded due to the poor design. Quick scoping is worse than ever despite Infinity Ward claiming they had dealt with it. In the games I've played so far there seems to never be a shortage of people running around with a sniper rifle as if it was an SMG. It is almost impossible to face off against a quick scoper now because of the accuracy and power of the sniper rifles. Also the most annoying thing is basically if you don't get the drop on someone you are dead there is no room for returning fire as either the weapons are overpowered or the player health has been turned down dramatically since the previous games. It makes the game completely frustrating to play compared to the previous titles and rewards camping. I'm seriously disappointed in Ghosts after all of the hype. Black Ops 2 was far better... Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2013
    It would be perfectly okay if you skipped this game. There is almost no innovation in this game at all. I don't know how activision can get away with just putting out the same game over and over again. I don't expect CoD to survive another 3 years at this rate. An unbelievably average game.
  58. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hello, this is good.It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    Honestly, this game isn't TOO bad. However, the main problem with it is the similarity. It feels like they copy pasted MW3. The campaign was generic and the same. The multi-player felt identical. Some of the game modes were not fun, (cracked being the best example), and extinction isn't nearly as fun as zombies. Many of the weapons feel overpowered, like the Remington, and many under powered, like the Honey Badger. However, I did have a little fun playing the multiplayer, it still isn't good. CoD fanboys will probably enjoy it, but not the average gamer. Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2013
    A very frustrating game. I quickly returned to black ops 2, wow what a relieve. Ghost has to big maps, very hard to distinquish opponents, and you got shot all the time in the back. I hate the game, it was a waste of money.
  61. Nov 11, 2013
    All of this game from single player, squads mode, multiplayer and extintion mode are about fast passed run and gun.
    A big improvement from the past COD games is that the maps are big and the killstreaks are more balance then ever.
    Is the best COD out there, is even better the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
    I mean this has more changes then the changes between Assassin´s Creed 3 to
    Assassin´s Creed 4: Black Flag. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2013
    People complain of this game never really sat down and realized it was their play style that is killing them not the game. I realized in MP that if you slow down and pace yourself you do much better in the game, now I am always positive in K/D and it just makes the game fun. For me this might be one of the best balanced COD since the first MW. Obviously personal opinion but this game doesn't deserve the it's getting. Expand
  63. Mar 5, 2014
    COD Ghosts is the best ignore the haters, its an absolute 10! Definitely worth getting! The haters can hate but its a great game they hate it cuz their bad at it.
  64. Nov 13, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a game that you can have fun and play with your friends, but it gets old quickly. The campaign is one that actually keeps you on your seat with the fun interactive, stealth missions, and its entertaining although it gets dangerously similar to its predecessors.

But that is what Infinity Ward and Treyarch are good at... remaking each and every one of their games.
    Especially when it comes to Multiplayer. Every Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare has the same structure. Guns are extremely similar, killstreaks change but are still quite the same (How many times has a predator missile type killstreak been in the game?), the maps always consist of run down buildings, malls, villages, cities, etc. The clever, crafty thing they do is name the guns, killstreaks, maps, attachments, different! Clever, clever. Buying this game and any future Call of Duty game would be like buying a remake with a campaign with different people. I begin to wonder if they just copy and paste their code. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2013
    It is worth noting that in addition to single-player mode, which is really bad, this game in multiplayer mode is really good. Even a very good and dynamic. However, summing up did not show anything new especially at this budget.
  66. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is an excellent game. It is not my favorite, nor is it necessarily the best one yet. But it does not suck. The campaign is fun and introduces a brand new story with cool characters. Also the multiplayer does in fact have new additions. I really enjoy it. Squads is awesome because you can have all of your customized soldiers fight together and even play survival mode which in my opinion is better than Modern Warfare 3's survival mode. And finally extinction is a neat mode very similar to zombies with it's own unique things. Tons of new things are added included character customization with certain classes for each one. If you buy all ten members and all 6 classes for each one with squad points, you can have 60 classes. Haven't you always wanted to do that? Plus you can't judge this game after you played it for one day. Even after a few weeks you still can't say everything about it. You have to really get used to the game. This is not a perfect game. No game is. Nothing in life is. But it's really not terrible. Plus you are playing on xbox 360 and not xbox one where the graphics will be much better. Stop hating so much on this game. It really isn't that bad. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2013
    This is a good game. I came here before I bought it and was suspicious of all of the "0" ratings because (1) they almost all say the same thing, and (2) even if the game is not innovative and is linear, those alone don't warrant such a low rating. "0" is reserved for games such as "M&M Cart Racing". While it's true that the story-line is linear and there is nothing ground breaking, the graphics are excellent, the story is entertaining, and the online play is fun as hell, including the new mode, "Extinction". If you liked the other COD games, you will like this one too. Ignore the 0 ratings because most of them probably haven't played the game anyway, and check it out for yourself. I'm giving it a solid 8.5. Expand
  68. Nov 15, 2013
    I consider myself to be a true COD enthusiast and own all COD games whit pride. But COD Ghosts made me really sad. Its the worst COD game in my opinion. It started to go downhills whit Black Ops 1+2 and now this crap.
    Its like they not bothered to try to create something new for us fans. My feeling when I play Ghosts is like they have plagiarized heavily from the two crappiest games in
    the COD series: Black Ops 1+2.
    The storyline is crap and I have seen it before! Except for Riley the dog.
    The system to earn points for equipment, clothes and weapons for your various soldiers in multiplayer mode is idiotic and confusing. Its like they took the worst parts of Black Ops 1+2, mixed them together.
    I really regret this purchase.
  69. Nov 15, 2013
    I like this more than some of the other cod games All I'll say is that if you want to play it go play it. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise!!!
  70. Nov 17, 2013
    Biggest load of I've ever seen or played, please everyone do the world a favour don't buy another COD game they only get worse and worse, activison is just stealing everyones money and putting out the biggest crap this world has ever seen since the destruction of dinsours... Infact if T-rex where alive they would fukin eat this company for been so They are the true thieves of this gerneration
  71. Nov 16, 2013
    Many of the other self reviewers, I doubt have even played this game. As the next installment in the Call Of Duty Franchise you can't and shouldn't expect much to be within the next or upcoming title depending on which one of the two developers has created it. I was actually surprised to find several improvements and additions that change the game for the better, such as a new class of weapons, and the ability to customize your soldier. With a two new modes packed in, I still don't see why others are complaining when their options are varied. Extinction, a new co-op mode allows you to fight a different kind of war; no not zombies, aliens. I found that this game mode was rather fun and harder to most. Squads, another mode, pits you and your self created squad mates together and battle other squads online, or when you're away, offline gaining to XP while you sleep. Clan Wars is also another addition that I will not count as a gamemode, since it is just a playlist in multiplayer, but allows you to attack various places around the world that other clans hold. The only disturbing part about this game is the ending missions of the campaign, which are extremely cliche and the last plot twisted ending makes no sense what so ever and the slight graphic improvement. I will not count this as a next-gen Call of Duty just for that, the graphics have barely any improvement, but that doesn't mean it looks bad, just very mediocre. The sounds only on PC and Next-Generation consoles change drastically based on environment which seems odd that they couldn't just add that to current gen. Overall, the Infinity Ward team focused on fun over seriousness this time around, which is something nice to see. Expand
  72. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow i 'm really disappointed with the gamer community over these days, you guys don't even have critic sense, keep talking same same thing over and over, acting like kids really REALLY disappointed, anyway the its great not excellent but still its one of the best call of duty's i ever played, the story it's pretty good, i love how they create such creative missions like the one in space, in the water and of course the ghosts are pretty awesome, Riley is THE DOG he is not just a normal dog, he is your partner i love that, a history about the US in danger with a family 1 Father 2 Sons its just great, the multiplayer its SO FUN!, the dynamic maps its a great idea, field orders are fun to complete, perks are just awesome, killstreaks are good, connection its great, but there's 2 problems, big maps and bad respawn, but avoiding that the game its FUN REALLY FUN, and just Great, Final Verdict 8/10, total worth buying if you are a fan of the FPS genre, and please people have some respect for the game!, Act like people not like kids! Expand
  73. Nov 16, 2013
    Plz Infinity ward back to world war II, ur new titles of cod its so bad =T Srry moidroog no luck for ur... You should stop doing these repetitive multiplayer modes, and make a coop mode style cod 5, cod when I play, I like the way that the story mode is, an coop mode over worked would be a good thing in a new call of duty.
  74. Nov 16, 2013
    Single Player is the same super action movie thing, It's pretty cheesy at first but gets better as you play on. It's only about 6 hours long though. Multi-player has some improvements. They added operations so you can unlock clothes for your soldier, which makes you do fun things that you wouldn't normally do. On that note, you can also customize your character,from the face down to the boots, which is pretty neat. Also, the connection, hit detection, and knifing all feel a lot more satisfying to me. However, I feel that you die way too fast, The spawn system is worse than ever(even though the maps are huge), and they put in a dog that will make you rage every time it kills you(it has like 5x more health than you). Extinction mode is cool. Killing aliens feels a lot cooler to me than zombies and it's also harder since there are a variety of aliens, but if you're not playing with a good team, you're going to have a bad time. This game is pretty solid, but I don't feel like it's worth the 60 bucks. If you plan on getting it soon, try and wait until around Christmas time when it's 10 dollars off. Expand
  75. Nov 17, 2013
    I own every copy of CoD and feel compelled to pan this version. In my estimation, MW4 and UO on the PC/Mac is still tops, The graphics for this version are cartoony; the typography—oh, my eyes. Gameplay feels a tad blurry with a strange sense of over-contrast. I've been playing BF4 more and more, having never been a big fan (also have the income to compare that series, albeit stale in a different way.) I'm feeling drawn away from this franchise,

Personally I'd still ignore all the extremist viewpoints: 0? 10? You're kidding. Try it, but you've been warned.
  76. Dec 1, 2013
    Just a useless game, all I can say.
    Will appeal to COD fans (people who've been swept up by the crowd and played the last 7 or so COD games). So yeah, it's a recycled game that the same old crowd will play and praise.
  77. Nov 17, 2013
    Game isnt good at all, I have been play CoD since modern warfare 4, its just not the same anymore they change the game to much because people cry about everything the respawns are just horrible I cant survive for more then 2 seconds without getting shot from behind
  78. Nov 18, 2013
    At this point, is anyone surprised this is just more of the same? I mean come on, they haven't done anything innovative in COD since at least COD4, maybe MW2...

The gameplay is what you would expect, the multiplayer feels like a tweaked DLC for MW3, and the immense extremely amazing graphics we were promised are lackluster at best, even on PS4. There are no real game breaking glitches
    or bugs, but that doesn't make up for the obvious lack of creativity seen in practically every aspect of this game. Even the Extinction mode is based off of the zombies idea Treyarch made famous 5 years ago...

Honestly, I don't even understand why people pay money for this anymore. Is it fun? Yes... for a while. Not the campaign, I wouldn't even recommend that. But the multiplayer is the same kind of fast paced, arcade-ish deal you all know and love/hate. Eventually, it just turns into the same game you paid $60 for the previous year.

Infinity Ward and Treyarch really need to either start thinking of different ideas, or fire their creative team, because this one-trick pony "if it ain't broke don't fix it" business plan may fool some of the more simple minded gamers, but its worn off with me...
  79. Nov 19, 2013
    I've played COD all since my life. My favourite being COD 4 and MW2 but with ghost I feel they just "copied and paste" over new graphics and new "redesigned mechanics" the game is just awfully horrible. You get killed in matter of seconds and the maps are just plain and create more campers. MW2 had that amazing edgy gameplay where you just get feeling of rush and excitement. Ghost just lacks in all sorts of gameplay from just the mechanics and overall feeling of it. It's garbage and makes me not wanna buy these games, their just draining your money with complete garbage. Battlefield 4 is more fun but its doesn't might not that huge wow factor but its does have better mechanics and the companies do something to make the game actually feel new and a lot more fun. COD is just ruined and they should just stop making and take big gaps or breaks and come back with a better game. This was just complete utter garbage, I rather play runescape than this. Expand
  80. Nov 19, 2013
    Waste of a game. What where they thinking!! It is more like battlefield, so if you like battlefield then you may like this. They should remove the call of duty name and just call it ghosts so they do not ruin the name. Maybe they should call it "call of duty: sniper" Rent or borrower before buying this crap. Main issues: 1) Sniper and marksman just sit everywhere. There are innumerable sniper spots with their thermal scopes you just get picked off. And why the hell are the maps so big? Add in motorcycles and tanks so we do not get tired.....
    2) Not only are the maps big but they are a complete maze. The designers are probably a bunch of campers themselves.
    3) Why do all the guns seem the same. I don't know if it's just me but all the assault rifles feel the same.
    4) Kill streaks are stupid and boring. Especially the dog. How can the dog kill you when its 10 feet away?
    5) 4 and One will not make this game any better.
  81. Nov 19, 2013
    The game is not bad but it's far from great. The spawns really need to be reworked especially on the smaller maps, I shouldn't spawn and then walk a couple steps around a corner then die. My biggest complaint about the game is actually the soundwhoreing, I don't think that what headset you own should affect how good you are at the game, I felt like Black Ops 2 did the soundwhoreing right, it was harder to hear people and you could only hear people who were very close and what they were walking on depicted how loud they were (such as walking on metal you could hear them easily but hearing someone walking on grass was a little bit harder/impossible) I'm not saying soundwhoreing was good in Black Ops 2 because it wasn't i think footsteps should of been boosted up a little bit louder but not by much compared to Ghosts where you can hear people 10 to 15 ft away from you which is absolutely stupid and just causes people to corner camp a lot more because they know if they move someone will hear them. Also Dead Silence is practically useless since it can be cancelled out by Amplify, so if your playing against a soundwhore then there's really nothing you can do, especially since I've seen a lot of people running Amplify.

So I'm past the bad and now on to the "good". The story is good not the best story i felt but good, The last 2 Call of Duty's Black Ops 2 and now Ghosts have had story's worth playing through at least once, The story is also very easy on Veteran probably the easiest it's ever been in any other Call of Duty, I'm not sure to mark that as good or bad but i wish it was a little bit harder considering i usually ran through most of the levels with only 1 death or not dying at all on Veteran. Also the story lacks choice something that Black Ops 2 introduced to the single player of Call of Duty, Although i miss being able to make choices like in Black Ops 2 it's not that big of a deal and something most people will overlook anyways with that aside the story is not going to amaze you but if your bored and have nothing to do it will keep you busy for a couple hours.

Let's move on to what i like about the Multiplayer of Ghosts. The new class system is quite nice even though its it's a bit confusing at first. Now you can pick from a huge list of perks which is pretty cool even if some of them are not the most useful perks such as being able to "reload while running" but still cool, I found myself having trouble figuring out what perks to use and what not to use since there is a lot of them. The guns are pretty good but also very powerful you die very fast and I'm pretty indifferent on it since all of the guns are pretty overpowered it sort of balances it out but since you die so fast good luck turning on someone who is shooting you in the back. So lets talk about the maps that you probably see a lot of people complaining about, Some of the maps are pretty big but there are some that are really really small also and i like the bigger maps in the game also. Some of the smaller maps like Strikezone, Octane, Sovereign, Warhawk, Freight, Tremor, Flooded and Chasm some of these maps you can be within the middle of the map in 5 seconds of spawning and some of these feel a bit bigger mostly because of how many routes you can take within the maps, I'm not a big fan of these maps mostly because of the spawns and they are a bit chaotic. There are some truly bigger maps in the game such as Stonehaven, Overlord, Siege, Stormfront, Whiteout and Prison Break(Kind of smaller but has long routes that stretch around the map), These maps are actually pretty big and it can be hard to find people sometimes. I personally like the bigger maps because the spawns are better and i haven't been spawned near or in front of a person as much as i have in the smaller maps and they are a lot less chaotic.

Ghosts is not my favorite Call of Duty far from it but it's not that bad either. There are a couple things about the game that drive me nuts and other things i felt like they did right but overall I'm giving it a 7/10 for a few reasons the spawns on the smaller maps can be really bad sometimes and need to be reworked, There are so many different routes on the maps that there seems to be no real flow to the map and instead it's just complete chaos.
  82. Nov 19, 2013
    Urgh... Ok I get it C.O.D. hater I get it you hate the game it sucks all of that but take this in mind all of you out there that this game is a best seller and you cant stop it people will buy it they will play it and they will not give a about your
  83. Nov 19, 2013
    One of the best Call of Duty games I have ever played. The multiplayer, Campaign, Squads, and Extinction are all amazing. Well worth the $60. the Season Pass however is a little annoying.
  84. Nov 19, 2013
    Como DLC no estaría mal, como juego completo es demasiado caro y corto... nuevamente es el multiplayer el que ofrece "mayor" entretenimiento y no es diferente a lo ya visto cada 6 meses
  85. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing. People say (other reviews) that the story line is horrible or such. Actually the story line is well done. The game is not rushed as the other COD games. The multiplayer is more entertaining. Then you have Extinction mode which is mind blowing. These negative review is mainly just people who can't afford Ghosts or just have Battlefield 4. -xXxGraPhicZzxXx
  86. Nov 20, 2013
    Sigh* Just another game to add to this never ending series of games. The Campaign lasted me about 6-7 hours which is to be expected at this point. The ending was a cliffhanger, so we will probably see a Ghost 2 in 2015. The multiplayer, Geese... This is probably one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've had for a Call of Duty game. It just seemed uninspired, colorless, and boring. The spawns yet again have gotten worse! I personally feel like this is a huge step backwards in the franchise, and all I can really do is hope for a better one next year. I say leave this one alone and see what Treyarch can do in 2014. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is, at its core, another Call of Duty game, but this is not a bad thing. As such, it has kept most features of the franchise while attempting to breath new life into the series, with mixed results.

First, the campaign. CoD: Ghosts campaign is relatively average for the series. Unlike Black Ops 2, it forgoes branching path and choice for the more standard linear
    structure. Missions are generally short, but most try something new to the series, such as space/ underwater combat and a full-fledged rappelling section, as well as standard features like a stealth mission and vehicle control segments. While it is a valiant effort, bland story and shaky execution of these new features keep it from the greatness of its previous entries.

Next, the multiplayer. CoD is renowned for its multiplayer and this game is no different. Once again, the developers try some new things, most notably soldier customization and smaller additions like the knee slide. Hit detection and guns are a bit shaky, but it's nothing the series hasn't seen before, and it won't be the last. The prestige system also sees an overhaul in the form of "squad members." Incidentally, these squad members, which are purchased by the new squad points, can each by customized individually and sent out to be challenged by other player's squads. Clans have also been changed from the Elite service, and the promised clan wars starts this weekend on the 23rd. Time will tell if this feature will be a success.

Finally is the addition of the new game mode "Extinction." The "Horde" game mode of CoD: Ghosts pits you and a maximum of three others against aliens which have erupted from the depths of the earth. Gameplay primarily features using a laser drill to destroy "hives" while fending off waves of aliens, purchasing weapons, finding attachments and other bonuses in piles. It's no secret this is an attempt to duplicate the Zombies mode of Treyarch's CoD installments, but it's a fun addition nonetheless, definitely worthy of a look.

In short, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a solid entry in a solid series. The game doesn't take a lot of huge risks in favor of smaller deviations, but most of these pay off. it's not the next greatest shooter, or even the best CoD game to date, but it is worth a try.
  88. Nov 22, 2013
    i will give this game a fair score of 3, first of, i absolutely enjoyed the past cod titles, specially the best one in my opinion, black ops 2, thiz review will focus on multiplayer only i will tell you,,,, i hate the gameplay, of it, it is so confusing, Sound:guns sound like crap and unrealistically loud,voice overs souds like overly repeated, i expect more! as in more from the voice overs in multiplayer. jezzz but heck, same voice for all i expected vAriation, but no there is none! same voice overs for all. not even the accent change. which is a big turn off.. 3/10

Graphics,, meh..... if youve seen cod mw 1 nothing big change,... you expect more? from different engine and all those hype? sorry but no.. nothing special, nothing new. nothing spectacular.. what a let down 3/10
    same explosion, same shading, same all, its like slapping a label of "brand new" to your old shirts just to sell out for yArd sale. 3/10

Gameplay: nothing sums it all like SSDD, "same sht different day," this cod is SSDN .same sht different name, besides that,, it sucks more because it got slightly confusing than ever. And mP suck because it is so enormous, you cant almost find someone to kill, and that mKes it boring,.. soldier customization should have been here aince black ops,, over all its 3/10

i should have buy battle field 4 instead of this. sorry but thats my honest opinion
  89. Nov 22, 2013
    Ok, let me say something right here, right now. This is not a bad game, the story is fun and the multiplayer is not bad, but it didnt really add anyhting from the last COD games.
    Its not terrible and its not great, its ok.
  90. Nov 22, 2013
    The much anticipated Call of Duty Ghosts is a complete bust in my opinion. The first thing I noticed is how cheap the graphics are when playing multiplayer. At first I thought it was just something I had to get used to, because it was just so new, but upon a weeks worth of playing the game never got any better. The maps seem dull and it feels like you are playing a game from the early 2000's. I'm not sure how you can go from Black Ops 2 being so great and realistic looking to Ghosts being so cheesy looking. I also noticed in multiplayer that everything blends in way too much. The graphics are so dull that half the time you have to have superman vision to even see the enemy. The maps are way too big and unfortunately the developers have turned this game into a "campers" paradise. The first few times I played the game I felt like I was playing "The Legend of Zelda" wondering around aimlessly for 10 minutes trying to find the enemy only to be shot 400 yds away by a camping sniper. If you love the sniper rifle and sitting in one place for hours on end then this is definitely the game for you. They need smaller maps to induce more action. So, in conclusion I ejected the game and put Black Ops 2 back in since there still seems to be enough people playing that version. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2013
    Sadly one of the worst games in the series.Every gun sounds alike and while the maps look alright upon inspection they're poorly detailed (the fire is doing that rotate along with you thing that really old games do. Seriously? This is 2013) it seems like Infinity ward is more focused on making their maps look blown up so they don't have to do as much. The "map destruction" is limited to little spots with the Ghost symbol so it's like they wanted to be "real" like Battlefield but don't want to do the work involved so they made like 2 spots. If you like killstreaks don't get your hopes up on this game because none of them are satisfying. There's one map killstreak that blows up the map (like a nuke because IW wants to milk the good things about MW2 without actually doing them) I'm giving this game a 1 because while it's absolutely terrible it's still functional so while everything about it screams worst game of 2013 the game works. If you feel like renting it then that's basically the only way I recommend playing this unless you find it for less than $20. In the meantime just play any other CoD game you'll enjoy it more and won't shell out $60 that could be used on a much better release. Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2013
    After reading these reviews, and actually owning the game myself, I am completely appalled. To sum up the sheer fantastic features of this game is hard! Honestly, the xbox 360 is made for HD Tvs and is what ALL game testers, I will say this again, ALL game testers play on. This game looks amazing on my HD Tv and personally i think that the people who say the weapons look plastic and the sound is bad are on rca-capable Tvs which the Xbox 360 is not at its prime at. The sound is awesome in my opinion, Even in COD Black Ops 2 the explosions blew my turtle beaches up with the residual bass boom but in this it actually doesn't sound like Optimus Prime when he is constipated. The Graphics were phenomenal the explosions.... looked like explosions and the fire released from the gun while the trigger is pulled down is pretty great. Lastly, the Campaign. I really cannot believe the bull crap people say about this. I was very happy to be immersed in this single-player. I completely loved the sites and machinery in this story, not including the character development with hesh. The only part I hated was the ending but it was such a twist i couldn't be mad for long. In my opinion the games not perfect but the crap about "not being worth the money" and "the story sucks" is just that... crap Seriously buy this game and enjoy it. Infinity Ward, you did good! Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2013
    this game has many great ideas, but some ideas do not work, first off campaign is the usual Michael bay movie, extinction is meh, you need a friend to succeed though, multiplayer is good and bad, there is many other great games on the market, try this, and if you don't like it, don't play it
  94. Sep 19, 2014
    I really like this game. I know people hate on this game because of it's lack of innovation but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. If you've never played a call of duty game before or if you're like me and not sick of this franchise, I suggest you check this game out. Judging by my name you would probably think that I'm a call of duty fanboy or whatever but I'm not. I've played up from call of duty 4 to this and I'm honestly not tired of this series yet. Hope this helped. Expand
  95. Nov 23, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a bad game. Plain and simple. The multiplayer is terrible, the single player campaign doesn't tell you what to do and doesn't let you shoot at things. I want to shoot things. It's a first person shooter. "Shooter" being the operative word. The only redeeming factor about the game is Extinction mode, and even that only unlocks after you sit through what is a boring "Interactive Cutscene" (Being a part of the game where you can't interact with anything. All you do is run around following a character) where you kill about 5 people. IN SPACE. Infinity Ward, what were you thinking? People don't fall in love with a game where you can't shoot things (If it's an FPS).

You said you re-wrote the engine. It doesn't feel that way. It feels like you took the PC engine, made it shinier and said it was a new engine. Terrible graphics make FPSsses feel like you're not actually there. Good video games immerse you in the action. Ghosts makes a feeble attempt to revitalize the genre but comes no where near.

==POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH==
    Extinction mode however is fantastic. An FPS turned arcade mode. Skill Trees. Freeking Skill Trees. I love Skill Trees. It's a wonderful blend of different genres. Real-Time Strategy, First Person Shooter, Co-Op Survival and a few more. I love it. There are some decisions I don't agree with, like the fact that the helicopter takes absolutely ages to destroy a barrier hive without your help, and the fact that it feels like Left-4-Dead but with aliens instead of zombies. But I can overlook those small details.
    ==END OF SPOILERS==

TL;DR
    Single Player: Bad
    Multiplayer: Worse
    Squads: Not terrible but could do with a little work
    Extinction: Pretty good.
    Not worth the price considering only one aspect of it is good. Buying it second-hand is advised.
  96. Feb 9, 2014
    SO i'm not a huge fan of cod but ghosts was really good sometimes. The game does look signicantly better then MW3 the controls are tighter the multiplayer is better balanced squads is fun as hell and extinction is meh. Now what about the campaign oh dear god the story idea was okay and the missions were nice and varied BUT NO FREAKING STEALTH its called ghosts for a friggin reason gosh. THIS GAME GETS MY COMPLETIONIST RATING OF: PLAY IT Expand
  97. Nov 23, 2013
    Unlike others I actually enjoy the audio of the rifles and the fact that the "footsteps" on a proper surround sound were fixed. However this is where my accolades for the latest COD game cease. Rather than listen to the majority of voices who are tired of morons running around with sniper rifles as assault weapons and getting one shot kills Activision made the situation worse. With the inclusion of quick draw and the thermal scope pretty much from day 1 of your multiplayer experience the game has devolved into a camp fest Core is damn near impossible to enjoy on TDM and Hardcore is barely tolerable. Why have the developers not learned their lesson yet. STOP MAKING SNIPERS SO POWERFUL. Most of us would rather actually run and gun since the COD franchise is not a squad or team based game for the most part. Making the maps bigger did not alleviate the problem of earlier titles, but managed to take every bad element from previous games and roll them all into one.

There are some legitimately good features. The level up system and ability to attain any weapon early on is great, except for the over the top nature of the sniper rifles. A few actual realistic tweaks and this game could have been great, but the continued failure of the developers to embrace reality relegates this one to the trash pile. I have completed the campaign and will be returning the game for BF4 tomorrow.
  98. Nov 24, 2013
    Even though there is a new engine and stuff like that.This game feels like it is MW3 DLC.There are new weapons and killstreaks etc.,but when your gameplay is bad that doesn't count.Maps are too big with snipers sitting back and picking off objective players.The point streak system needs to be replaced by the scorestreak one because then people will cap flags.And even though there are all these weapons...some feel useless.And when are we going to get stable internet?I lag hardcore while i have one of the best internet providers available.And the spawns...HOLY keep spawning behind or in front of enemies.Now that is my main problem with the multiplayer.Singleplayer isn't improved.It is just the same objective.Kill loads of dumb AI soldiers, use the interaction button a few times and eventually kill some random villain.It was mainstream and boring.It had variety with space and land battles and the tank mission from COD 2 came back, but that is basicly it.Extinction is something between survival and zombies.You need to play this!I had tons of fun with my friends.Sqauds however isn't that great.My friend told me it isn't rewarding and that the bots are either too easy or they too hard.And with a game that had been hacked PRE-release i don't feel like Infinity Ward is improving on security.I rather go back and play Black ops 1. Expand
  99. Nov 24, 2013
    Whilst this game opposes my game-play type it may perfect others', with the single player being a mostly stealth-based campaign it is well-detailed, the multiplayer's spawn system is appalling, the maps were made to suit bigger games on the XboxOne and with these smaller games I see that becoming a disaster!
    On the other hand the all-new 'Extinction Mode' was a big hit with me as even
    with it being a new feature it is amazing... If you played Treyarch's Call of Duty's for the Side Games (Zombies) then this will be a big hit for you too! And with the Extinction Mode i give Ghosts a 3/10. Expand
  100. Nov 24, 2013
    This game was poorly designed in true Infinity Ward style. The spawning feature is absolutely awful, I can't tell you how many times I've been spawned directly in another players sights to die with seconds of spawning. In addition, the player matching feature is incredibly slow, I'll often wait for 30 to 60 seconds with the same number of players in the room and the servers can't seem to put players in the room with millions of players online. With the numerous large maps, the game play really favors snipers and campers. Just doesn't have the same fun game play the black ops series did. Not happy with it. Expand
  101. Dec 3, 2013
    Once upon a time Call of Duty required skill and tactics. Now? Multiplayer should be called "Call of the SatCom" there are way to many ways to know everyone's locations. It is just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around like 5 year olds. The Campaign? Should really have been called a short story with no deviation ability. Boring. Waste of time and money. Hey! CoD designers I'd like my money and wasted time back you hacks! Collapse

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.