2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2076 Ratings

1. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm a hardcore CoD gamer that loves to compete to be the best, but with all these new "innovations" it has become impossible to get more than one kill without dying. Its an endless cycle; you run around, kill, get killed, then run around kill and get killed some more. The only way to get a +1,5 k/d is by camping, but I don't have time to waste my life hiding in a corner. This game justI'm a hardcore CoD gamer that loves to compete to be the best, but with all these new "innovations" it has become impossible to get more than one kill without dying. Its an endless cycle; you run around, kill, get killed, then run around kill and get killed some more. The only way to get a +1,5 k/d is by camping, but I don't have time to waste my life hiding in a corner. This game just doesn't require skill anymore.
    I was also very disappointed with the "customize your soldier", I was expecting something along the lines of rainbow six ,but it was more like GTA 4's customization options; barely anything to choose from.
    My major complaint though is the removal of Search and Destroy from pub games, I used to love playing Search and Destroy with my team, now its been replaced by this stupid search and kill confirm game type.
    The series sure went down hill after they fired West and Zampella. MW2 was a masterpiece, after that, it was the same call of duty trash. The series has officially died for me. Time to move on. Looking forward to Titan fall, which IMO is the true successor to MW2.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    Once again, no difference to the last game. I've played both battlefield 4 and CoD ghosts multiplayer and I have to say that not only did I enjoy battlefield more I also think its better quality. Yet another disappointment. I don't recommend buying itl
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    You should buy this game only if you have money to blow. There are so many truly amazing games that offer a real gaming experience that CoD: Ghosts fails to deliver.

The campaign is just your typical "last hope for humanity" type story that relies heavily on action packed sequences. But since this has been done so many times in the previous CoD titles, it's easy to simply overlook any otherwise exciting moment as a "I feel like I've seen this before" deja vu.

The multiplayer is what most people look for in a CoD game. And if you're buying this for the multiplayer, you're better off not buying it at all. Basically, if you've played one CoD multiplayer, you've played them all. And CoD: Ghosts stays true to this. It is your typical CoD run and gun style shooter with little to no innovation whatsoever.
    Why play this when Battlefield 4 does everything Ghosts does, and does it 10x better, not to mention it does way more.

Visually, CoD: Ghosts looks like any other CoD game developed by Infinity Ward. Hell, it might even look worst than MW2. Atleast MW2 had vibrant colors, Ghosts has a greyish gloomy look to it, justified by being a post-apocalyptic setting, but is is visually dull and boring.

I'm going to wrap this up and give it a 2, because I'm feeling generous.

Oh! And it has a dog and aliens, because... INNOVATION!
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    LISTEN, I have been with Call of Duty since its inception, Call of Duty: Finest Hour (yes there was a COD before Modern Warfare and have, for the most part, thoroughly enjoyed my COD experience, that is until now. I understand what Activision is doing, trying to appeal to everyone, and appease share holders. But they have overshot and lost sight of who their repeat customers reallyLISTEN, I have been with Call of Duty since its inception, Call of Duty: Finest Hour (yes there was a COD before Modern Warfare and have, for the most part, thoroughly enjoyed my COD experience, that is until now. I understand what Activision is doing, trying to appeal to everyone, and appease share holders. But they have overshot and lost sight of who their repeat customers really are, and what they want. It's simple, Infinity Ward is not the Infinity Ward of old, the IW creators are now with EA making Titanfall. And why do you think that is? Because Activision wanted those guys to go in a different direction than what they wanted. The originals from IW knew what COD gamers wanted, a niche FPS, and they thrived at that. So here we are, with a watered down version of what used to be. These things happen unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. The only way to make your voice heard is through your money. I have poured 100s if not 1000s of dollars into this franchise and related items, and up until now, have received great return in the form of fun and entertainment. It's sad to see this franchise go in this way, but that just leaves us with new doors to open and explore. This may not be the death of COD, but an awakening for Activision. We can only hope. Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    For a game written by a Hollywood writer you could have fooled me into thinking it was written one from any other Call of Duty game. There is a sever lack of innovation for almost all aspects of this game. You can introduce as many new game modes as you want but in the end the basic CoD formula, the one that has been the same over the past 6 years still stays strong, problem is it gotFor a game written by a Hollywood writer you could have fooled me into thinking it was written one from any other Call of Duty game. There is a sever lack of innovation for almost all aspects of this game. You can introduce as many new game modes as you want but in the end the basic CoD formula, the one that has been the same over the past 6 years still stays strong, problem is it got old only 2 games later. For a game that in the previews boasted new engine graphics this, new dynamic events that, they were minimal, pitiful and a little to late. It irritates me how much hype and "praise" this game gets year after year when it seriously is only a small deviation from the last installment. Expand
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is another run of the mill Call of Duty joke. The campaign is just extraordinarily stupid, I laughed from how over-the-top the campaign was at certain points. Call of Duty used to be a game about innovation and a plethora of new features and now Call of Duty is just make one and throw it out the door to see how much of a profit they can make. It astonishes me on how this game isThis game is another run of the mill Call of Duty joke. The campaign is just extraordinarily stupid, I laughed from how over-the-top the campaign was at certain points. Call of Duty used to be a game about innovation and a plethora of new features and now Call of Duty is just make one and throw it out the door to see how much of a profit they can make. It astonishes me on how this game is a step down from its predecessor. A major selling point of this game was the "New"(and I say new in quotes because battlefield has been doing it for years) dynamic environments. I played multiplayer for 12 hours and I have barely noticed anything being destroyed or changing, even then it doesn't make a major change to the gameplay as it was supposed to. Another problem is that the textures are uglier than Black Ops 2, I would understand if the destruction actually was detailed and cool that the system probably couldn't handle the textures but it is not so why can we not handle detailed textures, IT'S 2013 PEOPLE, WE DON'T HAVE CRAP MACHINES ANYMORE! The changes that were made to the multiplayer mode shock me on how they make the game WORSE than Black Ops 2. They took out the pick ten feature from BO2 and added in a new system that makes the game totally unbalanced. Another thing that will anger any longtime CoD player is that they removed the game type Search and Destroy, one of the best modes!
    The Extinction mode is a joke that has almost no redeeming factors. The aliens you fend off from are so easy it takes a great deal of hits to kill you. This mode is just a joke that was probably added at the end just to have something to make DLC for.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FINAL SCORE: 0/10
    FINAL NOTES: This game has NO redeeming factors. If you are looking for a fun shooter experience I would reccomend buying Battlefield 4

-kikr48
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    What.... Just.... What? Not worth buying... Sure the campaign is OK, but only if you've never played any previous CoD titles. The campaign is just recycled old stuff. The online is once again the exact same, with little dynamic features. Played it for 3 hours, and never will again.
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    The Call Of Duty series is undeniably one of the most popular game franchises in gaming history. However if you're a long time call of duty fan, then call of duty ghosts is going to disappoint you. First off the campaign of the game is extremely short and can be finished in about 3-5 hours at best. Also no new content has really been added, this feels like a copy and paste (again) of theThe Call Of Duty series is undeniably one of the most popular game franchises in gaming history. However if you're a long time call of duty fan, then call of duty ghosts is going to disappoint you. First off the campaign of the game is extremely short and can be finished in about 3-5 hours at best. Also no new content has really been added, this feels like a copy and paste (again) of the same sounds, guns, it just feels plain bland. However the saddest part of this game, is that not even its multiplayer mode. The one that has delivered hours upon hours of fun, can save it this time. If you're looking to buy this game just for the multiplayer it would save time, money and disappointment to just stay on another CoD game. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    this game is laughable. it really cant get any worse than this. its pathetic how most site are giving this game good scores but anyone whos played the game knows its horrible.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    When you try and show me off a fancy new engine for your game and recycle the animations from a previous one you don't deserve a score any higher than 0/10.
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    There is ZERO strategy to be found in the multiplayer as the maps lack any direction or flow whatsoever. If you thought there were any gametypes available to change that, THINK AGAIN because HQ, S&D, demolition, & CTF are all gone.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    Got to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successfulGot to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successful line of video games. Expand
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm not going to comment on the relative merits of this series or try to compare this game to others in the series. I'm also not going to spend much time on its atrocious storytelling and extremely brief, linear gameplay dynamic, other than to say that if it costs more than a movie ticket, it should last longer than a movie.
    All I really want to get across is that it is unacceptable for a
    All I really want to get across is that it is unacceptable for a mainstream game in 2013 to require button mashing "challenges" that it would give pause to anyone but a 13 year old amped up on an energy drink. Not only are they repetitive, they fail to add anything to the game dynamic, and are poorly notated--two of them took me 10 or more tries to just figure out what buttons were apparently being shown on screen. This is even more obnoxious because both are preceded by lengthy cutscenes that cannot be skipped but must be watched ad nauseum.
    If you are playing this for the multiplayer only and no longer expect any length or quality from the single player campaign--well, you expectations have been met. I avoid giving it a zero because the multiplayer is still fun, even if it hasn't really been updated since MW1.
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    Until they decide to give us something new or slightly innovative I can get the COD shooter experience from the old COD game that sits on my shelf. This game offers nothing but a step back for the genre. There are far too many better games out making this one a waste of time.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Huge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's funHuge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's fun to play as and you genuinely care about him. Other than that, boring.

Multiplayer. Oh dear God. Awful. Where do I even begin?

It takes forever to level up and in order to upgrade your guns, you have to level up and spend your squad points. I spent about four hours straight playing and I got to level six. Level. Six. Yeah.

There is no more Search and Destroy.

I primarily play Hardcore games in COD games, and they had to go and change that. When you die in HC TDM, you have to wait anywhere from 10-15 seconds before you can respawn. Absolutely unnecessary.

Inbetween multiplayer matches, you have about 10 seconds before the next match begins, which does not give you time to change your loadouts, perks, or scorestreaks.

When the match begins, there is a 15-second countdown before the match actually starts.

The maps are ENORMOUS. They obviously did this for the next-gen consoles which will be 9v9, but for now 6v6 matches are awful. It takes forever to find anyone and gain XP. No XP no weapon upgrades.

Quite a few of the MP modes involve AI bots in the Squads mode. The bots are extremely overpowered and basically headshot you 9/10 times. The bots have more health and one-shot you almost instantly. They need to be nerfed immediately.

The best part of MP is the Safeguard mode, which is basically a Horde mode. This is a lot of fun and is quite challenging.

Overall, this game is a huge disappointment and the Battlefield players are yukking it up. Do yourself a favor and skip this entry. Stick with Black Ops II.
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    Game was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on theGame was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on the pre-release ratings. The AI was improved for the bots and "aliens", but were still to be improved. I feel like they REALLY rushed the date it would come out, and the new ideas should not stick. Zombies need to be brought back from the grave... Get it? But seriously, the whole idea of aliens makes NO sense, as there is NO back-story, and NO plot. As I've stressed, the multiplayer is bad, the guns to overpowered, and much more. #Savethezombies Expand
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    Why not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly theWhy not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly the first and final missions but it's forgettable for the most part. The use of Riley, the dog, really was exclusive to just a couple of missions which was a disappointment due to how fun his parts are. My main gripe with the game is its multiplayer. Not sure why but Hardpoint, Headquarters, Theater Mode, and Search and Destroy are gone. The maps are also pretty big and a bit complicated... too many rooms, too much space for a 6v6 battle. Playing Ground War might have been a solution but even that is gone. Killstreaks has replaced scorestreaks as well which for me is a big step down. This game really just makes me want to play Black Ops 2 again. I'd recommend people to rent it before deciding to buy it or not. Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2013
    Here’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with that to a certain extent it’s recycled, but for me, I would have loved another game like MW2 or MW3. Recycling gamepay that’s head-and-shoulders above everything else on Xbox 360 isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem with Ghosts for me,Here’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with that to a certain extent it’s recycled, but for me, I would have loved another game like MW2 or MW3. Recycling gamepay that’s head-and-shoulders above everything else on Xbox 360 isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem with Ghosts for me, fundamentally, are three-fold: the maps, the guns and the instant-kill-time. The maps are, well, let’s be honest, diabolical. They’re far to large and it’s like IW decided it wanted to compete with Battlefield, and missed the point as to what makes COD brilliant; which is, insanely fast-paced, non-stop adrenaline-pumped action. By making the maps too large, the fast-paced action that makes COD brilliant dissipates and occasionally you’re left wondering around the map looking for people to shoot.

Secondly, the guns have no character. That might sound very vague, but you’ll understand what I mean when you play the game. When you fired a gun in, say, MW3, such as the LSW or the Barret 50, they felt visceral. The power of the gun was effectively translated to your ears and almost reverberated throughout your entire body. They felt lethal. That’s not the case with the guns in Ghosts. They sound dull and identikit. Thirdly, the game is essentially like playing hardcore-mode in MW3 because you die so fast. In Ghosts bullets seem to kill you in nano-seconds, and unless you have the reaction-times of a house-fly on amphetamines, you’re going to die 99% of time when someone fires the first shot. Also, taking an objective look at the graphics and comparing them with MW3, as I did last night, I don’t think the game looks as good. The guns, arguably look prettier, but the maps look scruffy.

There are lots of other things that irk about the game, such as Dead Silence still being negated by Sitrep-pro (or as it’s called now ‘Amplifier) meaning those people who have money to spend on expensive Turtle Beach surround-sound headsets will have a massive and unfair advantage over those who perhaps can’t afford such gaming equipment. It’s elitist and IW knows how unpopular Siterp-pro was in game-modes such as S&D in MW3, because of the endless forum-posts berating them for allowing Sitrep-pro to counter Dead Silence, and yet, apparently, they don’t care. Some have speculated that IW has a ‘special relationship’ with Turtle Beach (the manufactures of gaming-headsets), perhaps explaining why they won’t remove it. Whatever the case, I’m certainly not going to be wasting my time crouch-walking around maps in S&R on Ghosts simply to avoid the people sound-whoring me from 50 yards away. I simply don’t have the patience for that BS anymore.

GOD is afraid to change. It’s terrified of doing something radically different in fear of alienating the pre-existing fan-base, but paradoxically, that fan-base is growing tired of the same regurgitated gameplay year-after-year. New game-modes and replacing people with aliens isn’t enough anymore. COD needs to evolve, it needs to be dramatically reinvented because if it doesn’t, other games like Titan Fall will, and they’ll steal COD’s FPS-crown. The developers and publishers of Ghosts strike me as the sort of people who think they can keep rehashing the same gameplay year-after-year and expect ever-increasing sales. It doesn’t work like that. If you regurgitate the same stuff year-in and year-out people will stop buying your crap. It’s that simple, and it’s why Ghosts only has a Metacritic user-score of 2.1 out of 10 and why sales are down. The developers of Ghosts are so ineffably lazy, they even copy-and-pasted cut-scene animations from MW2. Anyone seen that on YouTube? This is a company that makes billions and yet they’re still using the same vehicles in the game’s multiplayer environment from COD4.

What other things irked about the game? Oh yeah, they promised dedicated servers, which would have solved a multitude of problems, including perhaps even alleviating the unbalanced ‘lag compensation’, but lag compensation is still a game-breaking problem, an issue that was hardly noticeable in MW2. Also, they promised no quick-scoping, but that was apparently a lie. In my opinion COD4 and MW2 were the apex of the series. At their height, nothing comes close to their raw emotional, unpredictable highs. Ever since MW2 the game’s overall quality has taken a big hit. To their credit, IW have included destructible environments and evolving maps, but Battlefield 4’s destructible environments easily trump Ghosts. Oh, and the main campaign in Ghosts is very short. Expect it to last around 4 hours. I could go on and on berating Ghosts for hours because I’m so disappointed, but these are only inherently, structurally-limited 5000 letter captions and unfortunately I’ve run out of room. My score is... 0. The game of course isn’t a 0, but I’ve had enough of the same regurgitated content and my score reflects my crushing disappointment.
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    Wow.. Is all i can say.

Im not going to give an angry review, All im going to say is, COD GHOSTS is 0/10.
    COD 4 was one of my favorite games of all time. I just think they need to re-capture what we loved about COD4
  23. Nov 7, 2013
    COD is washed up and each installment feels like a DLC with more lag bugs then before. Big maps, slow movement, and small teams. Battlefield has taken over.
  24. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT, it completely copied the ending from MW2. Like seriously, same animations, same backgrounds, same athmosphere, same movements. The scene onyl uses a buggy instead of a heli. This is called 'Screwing fans', I hope this CoD get's pushed into the ground. The level design, weapons and animations suck giant Nothing has been improved. And also Infinity Ward completely ignores the best about CoD: the competitive scene. I wish this franchise would be extinct, just as their new sucky gamemode. Expand
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed okI really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed ok but nothing too drastic. the gameplay actually feels slowing than black ops 2 and honestly it doesnt help much with the appeal. most of the weapons dont feel like they suit the class type they are in. the 3 round burst assault rifle had horrible recoil for being a "mid-long range weapon." it was more life a mid range weapon period. I was Really excited for the marksman rifles but they arent as good as i predicted them to be. if you fire off more than 3 shots off quickly, the recoil makes it impossible to take out your target from that "mid-long range distance." they added dedicated servers in this game which i was really excited about but when you take somebody out they actually have a 0.25 second delay before registering. dedicated servers really dont seem to help the game all that much. I was raging when I know i put shots into somebody and i dont know if i should stop shooting until that delay ends. The maps are terrible mostly. only 2 of them are really nice but the others are just chaos. the map design is completely random and i feel that this game as more random in it then actually skill unless you camp. the levels are just a mess and they have very few lines on sight in comparison to even that of MW3. on the last note, the spawn system in the game is the worst i've ever experienced (or remember). an example of this was me playing free for all. i was just spawning the match and the system spawned me side by side with an enemy at the start of the match. Another time im playing cranked (because i enjoy the fasted paced action) and i spawn feet away from the enemy to get gunned down. in black ops 2 i felt some sort of life security when i respawned because i would never get spawned killed. now i spawn and get shot instantly. some features seem cool but getting customizable gear is very difficult for the average person to get. I was riding on this one being so good but it disappointed me to no end. I bought the season pass for the first time and everything. I'm done with infinity ward. they really screwed this up. Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    Hmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! BecauseHmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! Because shooting every body and their mother who is apparently a Russian or some other stereotypical country gives me joy!?!?!? Now on to the multiplayer, the thing that everybody plays these stupid games for. It's the same old thing that's been getting made. Oh? But new guns you say? Well that doesn't really matter when your practically immortal! I'm pretty sure someone can't run behind a wall and regrow their lost blood cells and probably limbs in a few seconds! The multi-players also full of raging, squeaking little children that make me want to shove screw drivers into my ears! Oh, and lets not for get the maps the size of my living room! Filled with raging little children and people who think they're so cool with their little video game and their incompetent brain to do nothing but press a button, and be a derp. It requires no skill to do and has no immersion what so ever. People running around "Quick-Scoping" and stupid things and such. Finally, for the new Extinction mode. It's like peanut butter with silly string bound around it in a land fill on the moon! Activision thinks they can make a good survival mode? I think not! And neither does the rest of the educated world. In all, this game is worse then the dump I took in the morning, and at least it had some perks. This is a horrible game that's the same thing as all it's other previous titles! Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    In all honesty i was looking for a better call of duty than black ops 2 was and all i got was a $65 dollar piece of dump that disgraces the world of call of duty. I have never been this un-pleased with a video game. I would rather drop another 60 bucks on Resident evil:Operation Raccoon City than Call of Duty Ghost
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    Expect the same game. Huge Disappointment will not be buying another one of their $60 DLC's. If you want to play COD just go buy COD 4. Also known as the last Call of Duty.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    this game is you lag way to much on the game it feels like a mix of bf4 and cod they took out all of them old and good obj game types from multiplayer like S&D and much more so if you are a competitive cod player forget about this game cause it's not even close to the past cod multiplayer it's story was to short as they really try so hard to make it look like an amazing game it's not sothis game is you lag way to much on the game it feels like a mix of bf4 and cod they took out all of them old and good obj game types from multiplayer like S&D and much more so if you are a competitive cod player forget about this game cause it's not even close to the past cod multiplayer it's story was to short as they really try so hard to make it look like an amazing game it's not so save yourself 60bucks and buy another fps Expand
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    COD Ghosts is just more of the same old, rehashed ideas, put into a game. Infinity Ward's attempt to create more "interesting" maps by changing the 3-Lane map system makes for a frustrating user experience, as you'll more often than not be killed from behind by someone hiding in the bushes prone.

Most importantly, the multiplayer gameplay experience is awful. Taking a step back from Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2, the host advantage and lag compensation makes multiplayer nearly unplayable. In fact, it seems that for about half the time, you'll be killed before the enemy player even comes into your field of view around a corner; because on his screen he's already popped his head out, whereas on your screen he's still taking cover.

This problem is apparent when you die, as you'll see a rubberbanding warp effect that pulls you back to where you were half a second to a second ago. While that might not seem like much time, it's an eternity for first person shooter games.
  31. Nov 7, 2013
    10 reasons why multiplayer is broken because:
    1. Maps too big for COD
    2. Lines of sight way too long 3. Maps have too much verticality/ nooks 4. Create a class/soldier is convoluted and desperate 5. Footsteps too loud 6. SMG get beat by AR in close range 7. Unlocking items ridiculously tedious 8. Silencers hardly nerf damage 9. SnD removed 10. Hard Point removed This is
    10 reasons why multiplayer is broken because:
    7. Unlocking items ridiculously tedious
    8. Silencers hardly nerf damage
    9. SnD removed
    10. Hard Point removed

This is absolutely the worst COD ever made. I'm a huge fan since COD and liked every COD until now. I will not purchase another Infinity Ward produced game ever.
  32. Nov 7, 2013
    The game doesn't even evolve with time. It's boring and repetitive! The storyline is like a cheap action movie with tons of special effects! This game sucks.
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    How do you go backwards in a franchise? DOG... Let COD ghosts multiplayer show you. Listen, I don't write reviews, but this is so bad I felt compelled to say something,. DOG... This game is absolute crap, we get a nice breath of fresh air from BLOPS2 and here come ghosts to take a dump on that. DOG... By far the worst cod that has been put out, please from now on let TREYARCH handle theHow do you go backwards in a franchise? DOG... Let COD ghosts multiplayer show you. Listen, I don't write reviews, but this is so bad I felt compelled to say something,. DOG... This game is absolute crap, we get a nice breath of fresh air from BLOPS2 and here come ghosts to take a dump on that. DOG... By far the worst cod that has been put out, please from now on let TREYARCH handle the COD titles. DOG..... when does Black Ops 3 come out? Any one know? sheesh.... oh and in case you didn't know, this whole stupid ass game revolves around a DOG. (PS sorry for the grammatical errors, I'm tired, but, then again why should I care, I put more effort into writing this review then they did into this game) gnite.... Back to BLOPS2 tomorrow. Signed ~GRENUG~ Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    First time im review a game. Iv only played MultyPlayer yet, thats why i bought it in first place. Let me tell you the first thing, avoid buying this game !
    Im a player since the first ages, playing COD feels like returning to the first Wolfenstein with better graphics. Soldiers seem to be fluctuating, they dont seem realistic not even close and the gameplay suffers with that.
    Iv seen
    Iv seen alot of games, played a few, if you want to use multiplayer in the PC version, avoid buying. I dont know if BF4 is better, i played the Beta and it felt the same.
    COD Ghost is a Beta game that will be forever beta im sure, even correcting some things i dont think they will be correcting the big picture of the problem.
    Another thing, i felt nausea's playing COD Ghosts, its because of the FOV being to low, its ridiculous never had this problem with a game.
    I would love to have my money back
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks... and Infinity Ward didn't even try.

You either hate it or love it, there's no in-between with Call of Duty. First of is it a good game? No, but is it a bad game? Yeah, kinda. On it's own it's a decent game but when it's part of a franchise like Call of Duty it just feels lazy. The game is something it shouldn't be; a generic FPS. There are
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks... and Infinity Ward didn't even try.

There are three main components of COD: Ghosts is the story, the multiplayer and it's 'zombies' mode which this time is aliens...

In the single player story you get what'd you'd expect from it an eight hour story play through filled with clichés and Michael Bay moments. The story is set in an alternate timeline that follows the nuclear destruction of the Middle East. The oil-producing nations of South America form the Federation in response to the ensuing global economic crisis and quickly grow into a global superpower, swiftly invading and conquering Central America and the Caribbean. Now, North America has been destroyed and you are part of the Ghosts, the super heroic secret army of the North. That's it really and your mission is to hijack the ODIN to destroy the Federation, just a massive cliché really. Oh and you get a dog.

But people don't play COD for the single player right? They play for the 'amazing' multiplayer! Yet it all seems the same just different maps, guns and sounds... The newest feature is the squad mode which in all honesty isn't bad but not enough to make it the game good. The multiplayer hasn't changed much since MW2, you can change your class add killstreaks, deathstreaks etc etc if you've played any previous Call of Dutys then you know what to expect. The extension mode is zombies but with aliens, yeah that's about it. You defend the base against a wave of enemies and you buy new guns throughout, so yeah zombies but with Aliens. Revolutionary!

COD Ghosts is a let down and that's putting it lightly. As a fan of the original Call of Duty it's sad how far it's fell. If you've played previous Call of Duty's you know what to expect from Ghosts. This game barely deserves the 4 I give it.

Good Points:
    None.

Bad Points:
    Recycled material throughout the game
    Repetitive Gameplay
    Nothing new compared to previous Call of Dutys
  36. Nov 8, 2013
    Not good enough. Single Player was very bland, rushed and in some areas confusing. I noticed a good deal of the motion capture was reused from previous CoD games which most of the time is fine, but to use the ending of MW2 and paste it into Ghosts as it was is downright lazy. Extinction is a poor take on Zombies. I haven't played Multiplayer online as of yet but I don't think I'll beNot good enough. Single Player was very bland, rushed and in some areas confusing. I noticed a good deal of the motion capture was reused from previous CoD games which most of the time is fine, but to use the ending of MW2 and paste it into Ghosts as it was is downright lazy. Extinction is a poor take on Zombies. I haven't played Multiplayer online as of yet but I don't think I'll be venturing onto it soon. Expand
  37. Nov 8, 2013
    The sound is awful, the maps are too large for the few players who play and seem to be predicated on camping out in a hidden spot and waiting for some fool to walk by, the customization of characters and gear load outs is overly complicated. In every way this entry is weaker than CoD Black Ops II and Modern War. Infinity Ward drops the ball again.
  38. Nov 9, 2013
    it's activision fishing for money again. Same game. Same graphics. (OH WAIT, Dogs!) Same problems. Same game mechanics. COD2 and COD4 were amazing, hence the fact they are using the originals to milk money from the dedicated buyers. In other words.., buy COD4. Ignore this game.
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is just a GIANT step back. It doesn't feel like a CoD. It feels like a free2play CoD clone. Graphics look slightly better ,but nothing can be shown of it due to the fact the game is all one color. GREY! The single player is decent, but multilayer is nothing to wright home about. You die way to fast and the maps are to big for this game. Lag, glitches, FPS problems, and HACKERS areThe game is just a GIANT step back. It doesn't feel like a CoD. It feels like a free2play CoD clone. Graphics look slightly better ,but nothing can be shown of it due to the fact the game is all one color. GREY! The single player is decent, but multilayer is nothing to wright home about. You die way to fast and the maps are to big for this game. Lag, glitches, FPS problems, and HACKERS are already a big problem. The PC version is completely broken. Top notch PCs are struggling to stay above 40 FPS. The charter customization is the only thing new to this game but it's been done before. IW needs to step up their game if they wan't to stay as the top FPS in the world. Another CoD like this one and I think it's over for this series. Expand
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    This games sucks in so many ways. Graphics look 5 years old, there is no challenge, there is nothing realistic about how characters move, shoot, fall, nothing. But most of all, gameplay is so brainless! This is the Pacific Rim of video games!
  41. Nov 8, 2013
    Let me say something about this game. first off this is a review so all the COD fanboys and haters Stop arguing over it, just stop. okay now to the review. This game is just like any other cod, NOTHING CHANGES people think it does but it doesn't, i mean look at BO2 they just now added a crawling animation!!! and once again it's a disappointment to a lot of people. The graphics!!!! Aw manLet me say something about this game. first off this is a review so all the COD fanboys and haters Stop arguing over it, just stop. okay now to the review. This game is just like any other cod, NOTHING CHANGES people think it does but it doesn't, i mean look at BO2 they just now added a crawling animation!!! and once again it's a disappointment to a lot of people. The graphics!!!! Aw man what can i say Complete even on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 Graphics card it still looks terrible, The atmosphere was really nothing special either.The games Campaign is not any better. The multiplayer is Bad too, its all the same, the Sliding animation is THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!! What and the Kinda animation is that, your gun stays still as and you hardly move your gun and you dont even see your feet when you do it, even when you jump over CANT SEE YOUR FEET!!! The Cod Creators don't put any effort in their games, i mean they ****in shoot out a game ever year, but Battlefield 4 Holy is that one good game, they have better running animations, better gun sounds, better graphics I'll tell you that the optical flares are amazing!!! Better animations you can even see your feet when you look down and jump over stuff, people don't like it because they think it's to realistic, no it's not, its just like any other FPS, but my point is COD is just a big disappointment now and i think if they waited a little long on releasing a game like spending 2 or 3 years on the game then maybe just maybe they will get a little more support on their game, but untill then BF4 has them beat. Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is the same as the other games! Exactly! Moving fish??? WHO GIVES A CRAP! Get this game when it's $20 or less... MW2 or COD4 are still the best games in the series. I can't believe they recycle everything in every game, and people still buy it! I rented it on Redbox, and played half the story and multiplayer for about 3 hours, so dumb!
  43. Nov 6, 2014
    I don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILLI don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILL **** BECAUSE ITS CALL OF DUTY. Just buy the COD 4 the last good one in the entire series. If you are some brain deficient child you may derive some entertainment but anyone more intelligent stay away. There are better games to be had for less that 60 dollars. Expand
  44. Nov 8, 2013
    This isn't a game, it's a straight copy paste of from one of the weakest FPS titles in the history of gaming. There's nothing good about it, seriously (maybe apart from dogs).
  45. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is horrible, I made an account on Metacritic to vocalize my opinion on what a piece of garbage this game is. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this game, pop in your copy of any of the older Call of Duty games.
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  47. Nov 9, 2013
    Never had a problem with the repetitive aspect of the CoD series before as you shouldn't change what isn't broken, however they tried to be too innovative on this one and ruined it. The campaign is good but too short which makes you rely on multi-player for longevity but that is possibly one of the worst online experiences i have ever had. A terrible game overall.
  48. Nov 9, 2013
    What's good in it isn't new, and what's new in it isn't good. Terrible maps clearly designed for more players than are available, strange design choices with regard to leveling up, many innovations from Black Ops 2 left on the table. The campaign game sets a new standard for terrible writing and game design.

The one step forward here is the Squads mode, I guess. Earn XP for killing

The one step forward here is the Squads mode, I guess. Earn XP for killing bots with your friends. Whatever.

Not happy with purchase. Wish I'd waited a day and read reviews on metacritic. *NEVER* buying another Infinity Ward-produced version of CoD. Ever. Again.
  49. Nov 9, 2013
    Graphics: One of the uglier COD's. Gameplay: about the same, the slide feature is neat. The spawn system is very much broken. Campaign: Didnt play, whats the point? Overall: Not worth 60 bucks.
  50. Nov 15, 2013
    Glitches,bugs,breaking the laws of gravity, and well, just plain bad. Only gun enthusiastic idiots enjoy like this.The fish swimming away didn't make this game seem anything different from something 5-10 years ago. Don't buy it!
  51. Nov 9, 2013
    Tis game is a combination of COD WORLD AT WAR, MORDERN WARFARE 3, and COD BLACK OPS this game is bad everything graphics and even the knifing to me is the worst and this is the worst COD ever!!!!
  52. Nov 9, 2013
    Call of Duty is dead, old engine never upgrade, a lots of DLC, and bad online multiplayer connection for Asia region players, waste money and boring game, COD R.I.P. 2003~2009
  53. Nov 10, 2013
    I don't want to say that it's the worst game that I've ever played, but I really think that it would be unfair to label any other game worse than this. On a serious note though, it's a horribly coded piece of software. I have no idea what they do with all the money they're given to make these games, but I assure you that it's not going toward making the game. I imagine that the entireI don't want to say that it's the worst game that I've ever played, but I really think that it would be unfair to label any other game worse than this. On a serious note though, it's a horribly coded piece of software. I have no idea what they do with all the money they're given to make these games, but I assure you that it's not going toward making the game. I imagine that the entire team just buys themselves houses and cars and then uses maybe 200k toward actually coding the game. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2013
    Being a long time cod player and taking a break because of things like camping, spawn camping, frustration with cheep play and inconsistent game play, I played my brothers copy of BO2 and looked toward to Ghost. What a let down!!
    The multi maps are horrific perfect for camping. I can't walk into a room with out getting shot from three places. Maps are so bad all I said ALL of my friends and family are talking fraud in after less of a week of game play. I miss cod 4 great game but that was the glory days.
    Campaign is just ok while visually stunning it lacks substance, guns are the only cool part as long as you use Assault and smgs or snips you will be out gunned.
    You have lost a fan infinity ward, and my money, we expected better.
    SAVE YOUR CASH DON'T BUY THIS JUNK!!!!!
  55. Nov 10, 2013
    At least the guns work, I suppose. I think BO 2 looks better than this, Indy games are higher definition which is a disgrace. Extinction mode is a joke, it's just zombie mode with dinosaurs instead, seriously.
  56. Nov 10, 2013
    One of the worst games ever. Recycling old cinematics. Even Zombies was bad. Please stop producing more CoD Games. Campaigns are atrocious, no story. The graphics look crappy in multiplayer. I always tell everyone, the only way its surviving is because of ZOMBIES. My brother and I are really bumbed out. With all their advertisements, it was all bullcrap
  57. Nov 10, 2013
    worst call of duty EVER multiplayer is terrible its lag ops all over again maps are way to big with a ton of debris and trash in the maps too many perks so you gain no distinct advantage gun are weak graphics suck big butt DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS GAME NOT WORTH THE PLASTIC ITS PRINTED ON
  58. Nov 10, 2013
    Honestly, this game isn't TOO bad. However, the main problem with it is the similarity. It feels like they copy pasted MW3. The campaign was generic and the same. The multi-player felt identical. Some of the game modes were not fun, (cracked being the best example), and extinction isn't nearly as fun as zombies. Many of the weapons feel overpowered, like the Remington, and many underHonestly, this game isn't TOO bad. However, the main problem with it is the similarity. It feels like they copy pasted MW3. The campaign was generic and the same. The multi-player felt identical. Some of the game modes were not fun, (cracked being the best example), and extinction isn't nearly as fun as zombies. Many of the weapons feel overpowered, like the Remington, and many under powered, like the Honey Badger. However, I did have a little fun playing the multiplayer, it still isn't good. CoD fanboys will probably enjoy it, but not the average gamer. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    A very frustrating game. I quickly returned to black ops 2, wow what a relieve. Ghost has to big maps, very hard to distinquish opponents, and you got shot all the time in the back. I hate the game, it was a waste of money.
  60. Nov 10, 2013
    COD continues to devolve from the standard set in COD4 MW and MW2. The graphics and soundtrack are great. Too bad the game mechanics, play options, and game modes didn't keep up to par; in fact they're a step backwards. Issues:

Lag Seems as bad as other versions. No change here. Snipers to Looks like the sniper exploit has been curtailed somewhat, but snipers are no longer

Lag Seems as bad as other versions. No change here.

Snipers to Looks like the sniper exploit has been curtailed somewhat, but snipers are no longer snipers like they were in MW1/2.

3D & Dual Play From what I see, completely unavailable. HUGE step backwards from COD Black Ops II.

Hardcore Mode Absolutely pathetic offering. Every mode available in standard should be available in hardcore. For those of us who have to suffer thru the covered up lag, hardcore is a lifesaver. FFA Hardcore: completely inexcusable this is not offered.

Maniacs What were you guys thinking? Amusing for 6 year olds...are they your core audience?

SATCOM In the military...that's "Satellite Communications", not some tracking system. Have yet to see any benefit to this kill streak reward.

The "Dog" Man's best friend seems more like a bullet magnet than a savior. A puppy compared to Black Ops 2.

Maps Some are OK but all are too big. I feel more like a marathon runner searching for Yeti than engaging any enemy players....when I can find them. But I sure can hear their footsteps across the map which brings us to....

Footsteps Footsteps, footsteps...everywhere. The sound does not match up and is overpowering. I swear the footsteps are louder than the bombs.

Options(-----): No ability to control separate sounds...ie FX, music, players. Trying to mute all...an exercise in frustration. Trying to setup player classes is really a chore. In Black Ops II could easily modify classes while waiting for match to start. Not here.

Matches: TOO SHORT! Bump up the points and/or the time. Feels like I'm waiting in the lobby as longer then playing the match. Matches should be +5 minutes. Up the points on team deathmatch.
  61. Nov 10, 2013
    Terrible game! especially the online aspect of it which i'm only going to cover as of right now. whether you like the game or not is your opinion, but the game is trash and that's a fact. overly big and complex maps make camping a must in this game. Lag lag lag! always a second behind whats actually happening on the screen, guns kill to fast making it a game of who sees who first. flinchTerrible game! especially the online aspect of it which i'm only going to cover as of right now. whether you like the game or not is your opinion, but the game is trash and that's a fact. overly big and complex maps make camping a must in this game. Lag lag lag! always a second behind whats actually happening on the screen, guns kill to fast making it a game of who sees who first. flinch is also crazy in this game. I don't understand what they where thinking, a game that only takes a second to kill someone running on P2P? The game also has some of the most random things that just suck any hope of having to use skill right out of the game, K.E.M strike in a care package? Like what is that? Anyway i'm done with COD. It's about time i found another fps to play exclusively. Hell i may even give battlefield a try. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2013
    This version is still garbage....nothing has changed in the mutliplayer...in fact we now have LESS kill streaks which separate COD from BF much like BF's use of vehicles and destructible maps separate it from COD...Also the dedicated servers are a joke...havent been on one yet.... lag is still there, p2p hosting sucks ass...... spawn points STILL havent been fixed even with much biggerThis version is still garbage....nothing has changed in the mutliplayer...in fact we now have LESS kill streaks which separate COD from BF much like BF's use of vehicles and destructible maps separate it from COD...Also the dedicated servers are a joke...havent been on one yet.... lag is still there, p2p hosting sucks ass...... spawn points STILL havent been fixed even with much bigger maps....we are still spawning right in front of enemies, planted explosives and other stuff that you shouldnt have to spawn in front of...these so called dogs are dumb as toast, and im pretty sure it shouldnt take 5-9 bullets to bring one of them down....there are WAY more things i could note whats wrong but I have addressed the main issues why this game sux....I came into playing this with an open mind after YEARS of disappointment and frustration with treyarch and IW putting out regurgitated BS.....rest assured there is NO real improvement in the multiplayer. This franchise certainly has no ambition or drive to deal with the flaws of its predecessors...while they claim to have made strides in diversity with its player customization...WOW bug whup.... most of us are concerned with the flaws that have plagued COD's in the past and NONE of them are addressed Expand
  63. Nov 11, 2013
    I am a CoD fan. I always have been and always will be. However, this game was an enormous disappointment. The campaign was terribly short and pretty much the same old wham bam and twist and you were done the level in 2 minutes. The characters were mediocre and cheesy. You couldn't connect with them like in the earlier installments. Multiplayer is what really hurt me the most. There isI am a CoD fan. I always have been and always will be. However, this game was an enormous disappointment. The campaign was terribly short and pretty much the same old wham bam and twist and you were done the level in 2 minutes. The characters were mediocre and cheesy. You couldn't connect with them like in the earlier installments. Multiplayer is what really hurt me the most. There is absolutely no structure to any map and it is just a complete free for all on every one. The respawning is horrible and just seems to get worse with every game. The class and squad system is way too in depth and it takes forever to rank up. The only thing you actually unlock are perks and squad points. The squads game mode is retarded and are a waste of time. The guns are terrible and apparently every gun that isn't yours is silent because all you hear is the whistle of the bullets by your head, not the actual sound of the gun. Some maps are enormous and way too big for six on six. I have never written a bad review about CoD before, but I am really fed up with this game. Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2013
    appointment, at least when it comes to multiplayer. To be clear from the outset I loathe campers with a passion bordering on the irrational. I know that in RL, soldiers don't run around like headless chickens, but darn it if this is supposed to be a game oh, and fun.

The scenery is so drab that it makes it ideal for campers to blend into the scenery, The access to all weaponry, attachments and perks from the outset was a massive error in my judgement as it doesn't encourage players to push themselves and level up for better weaponry. Instead what we see with the introduction of a sniper rifle, assault rifle and sub-machine gun with built in suppressors is that the game is played in total silence. To date I have come across only a handful of players that actually made a noise.

Gone is UAV and replaced with the fairly useless sat-com, so again a boon for the campers. Put a sat-com out and all you've done is hand the opposition an easy kill as they will pick up on it straight away.

Just in case the camper was struggling we have magical gun sights that allow you to see through walls (quite thick walls actually) so y'know... even less reason to move.

The maps themselves are relatively mundane, there's certainly no jaw-dropping, pant-wetting map that everyone just has to play. Instead what they have is lots of corners (for the camper) but very few nooks and crannies for you to jink in and out of.

They've re-introduced the assault and strike packages which is good, but have done away with the classic care package that allowed you to mix the game up in past iterations of the franchise. Instead what we have now is a somewhat limited and mostly redundant set of rewards, absolutely none of which is a game changer.

And what is most frustrating of all, is that if only the developers had put a little put of effort and creativity into the game it could have been so, so much better.

After a week of GHOSTS and 5 five years of commitment to the MW series, I cannot wait for Battlefield 4
  65. Nov 11, 2013
    When I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down toWhen I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down to hell with any potential it may have had. 4/10 and no more. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2013
    Absolutely horrible. The critics are obviously being payed to do there reviews. This game is the biggest pile of horrible crap you will ever play. Laggy multiplayer, Buggy dog (Oh the irony), broken NPCs and a HORRIBLE campaign. All they have done is added AI, a dog and 2 new guns. Call of Duty is a dead series now, and we can now prove that Activision is paying for reviews.
  67. Nov 11, 2013
    This is the worst game ever created all things considered. If a free Android game is bad, you don't really care because your expectations were so low to begin with. When a AAA game is this bad, it can be considered to be near the top of the list of worst games of all time. With the budget and the supposed good reviews this game received, Infinity Ward should be sued with a major classThis is the worst game ever created all things considered. If a free Android game is bad, you don't really care because your expectations were so low to begin with. When a AAA game is this bad, it can be considered to be near the top of the list of worst games of all time. With the budget and the supposed good reviews this game received, Infinity Ward should be sued with a major class action lawsuit of everyone conned into buying this game. The graphics are terrible, the campaign was mindless, and the multiplayer is idiotic. There is no strategy, the maps are way too open and large for 6 on 6 play. With the random spawn points you are dead within a few seconds of spawning half the time.

I don't think the campaign has any AI, not like you really care when you are playing it. Everything is so cheesy with set pieces trying so hard to be cool that the game feels like a joke. Like IW decided to make a game as bad as they possibly could and see how many pro reviewers would still give it an 8-10.

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any worse, it ended. The ending was so bad I almost wanted to throw my controller though my TV. Perhaps I should have since I have a Gorilla Glass screen. Maybe if it did break I could add something else Infinity Ward should pay for. Not only should they give me a refund, but they should have to pay me for my time to play the piece of crap to at least think I got my money's worth. I've played a lot of games but that ending was one of the worst in history.

The only good part is that I didn't encounter any bugs and the framerate was pretty smooth. Yes the campaign stages were varied, but just because a level is set in outer space or under water doesn't make it good.

It's like IW tried to make Domination so unplayable that it would force people to play the new multiplayer modes that aren't even fun. Black Ops maps were laid out well, but I skipped BOII. Both Modern Warfare games were a blast in multiplayer. I've tried to play Ghosts multiplayer for a week and have given up. It is about as fun as getting your teeth drilled. Wow I ran around the massive castle map and didn't see a single player, then I died without seeing who shot me, then spawned and was immediately shot again. You can practically take flags at will in domination because there are not enough players to populate the map and the maps are so open.

I am not being harsh enough. The game is that bad. If you rated this game higher than a 0, there is something wrong with you. Last year's Medal of Honor was a perfect 10 compared to Ghosts. The multiplayer had its problems at launch but the first patch really turned that game around. There was strategy and skill required, the game was genuinely fun.

When you play a masterpiece like The Last of Us and then play this game, it makes you want to quit gaming forever. Thanks Infinity Ward you made me question ever buying a video game again.
  68. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Listen, I'm not some BF4 or CoD fan girl. This review is my truly honest opinion... This game is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the Call of Duty title, the critics (and more of the community) would've agreed.

I usually look forward to Infinity Ward's games because MW and MW2 offered so much in terms of advancement and progression in the series (and in gaming at large). I think many can agree that while MW3 was a reasonable game, it was just a MW2 reshell...and I fear that while Ghosts is essentially a MW3 rehash...the things they DID change completely ruined the game.

- Campaign was only 4-5 hours long, and it was boring...honestly, I can't even remember the names of the characters. Campaign mode is supposed to be a great story that compels you to care about the characters and to hope to GOSH that they survive (Soap!?!?!). But alas, I couldn't have cared less.

- Multiplayer essentially encourages camping even more than previous CoDs, but increases the map size. Now IF you manage to find someone you're lucky. I just LOVE having to check every single effin' corner for a surprise.

- Lag issues.. We were promised dedicated servers AT LAUNCH which would greatly reduce the lag. They lied. They can't even tell us the expected date which means I doubt they'll happen. False advertising much?

- Spawns. Okay, I know it's a big difficult to not have players occasionally spawn near each other...causing one to inevitably curse. However, I thought the huge map size was to compensate for this especially in TDM, FFA, and KC? Wrong. Apparently the spawns are still non-sensical and I end up spawning directly in front of a camping little biyatch.

-Glitches... They happen, I understand...but I don't want to fall THROUGH the map into the black abyss.

-Graphics. Now I'm not sure how it'll look on the next gen (from what I hear they focused on those versions)...HOWEVER, on the 360 I feel like I'm playing MW2 which was released in 2009. I mean, seriously? Play Assassin's Creed or Bioshock at Infinity Ward, see how it's done. Freaking BEAUTIFUL games.

-Leveling up: Okay, I know it's not the most important feature...but I like to feel like I'm making progress when I'm putting 6,7,8,9...hours into the game. I'm a decent player and it took FOREVER to break level 20! Dafuq is with the leveling system, eh? Making me take longer to level isn't going to increase my desire to play this game.

-Squad points.... Eh. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? WTF do I need that squad member for exactly? Is this what you spent millions on? =)

I'm completely disappointed and in fact a bit angry that Infinity Ward has decided to trick us into shelling out the cash. They promised big and provided nothing but broken promises. Honestly, next time I will be waiting for the reviews from GAMERS, NOT the big names like IGN who give out 9s and 10s to piece of crap games like this.

I hope this honest review gives you some insight on whether to buy this game
  69. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is one big insult to true cod fans, which loved the game also for its campaign AND its multiplayer. Big Epic F***ing Fail Infinity Ward. I refuse to play and support you any further. You lazy
  70. Nov 12, 2013
    Call of duty ghost is honestly the worst game ever... It's just garbage, it's just flat out terrible. It's like MW3, trash. DO NOT GET THIS GAME!! I have wasted 60 good ass dollars on this trash game
  71. Nov 12, 2013
    If you've never played a call of duty game it's definitely worth checking out. IT'S NOT WORTH $60!!! If you've played call of duty before you're probably aware of the scheme used in which a new game is added to the series, they change the guns and a couple mechanics/gamemodes and suck the money out of every living 10 year old. Don't get it. If you insist on getting a call of duty game getIf you've never played a call of duty game it's definitely worth checking out. IT'S NOT WORTH $60!!! If you've played call of duty before you're probably aware of the scheme used in which a new game is added to the series, they change the guns and a couple mechanics/gamemodes and suck the money out of every living 10 year old. Don't get it. If you insist on getting a call of duty game get Black Ops 2. (or get overgrowth for PC it's really good happy gaming) Expand
  72. Nov 13, 2013
    Let's get this out the way, I am not one who blatantly hates Call of Duty. I can tolerate more of the same as long as it's generally fun to play. However Call of Duty:Ghosts is boring and uninspired.

I know this just sounds like camper rage but as far as multilayer goes; it embraces a 'Aim and Wait' style of game play. Hell they've even advertised adding corner camping to the A.I bots. It's far too advantageous for it's own good especially in COD:Ghosts. Gone is the fun factor of classic Call of Duty, here is a AAA game of patience.

People may argue that it's the community's fault rather than the developer. Listen, If you gain that much of an advantage just by deciding to wait and aim; it's a balance problem plain and simple. It's gotten worse with each installment. being able to rush effectively in past games and now it's to the point where you cannot walk 2 meters without stumbling into a field of 20 snipers. Let's take a look at what the developer has changed this year.

-Maps are cluttered with more corners and vantage points
    -Shotguns still hasn't been viable since MW2
    -Marksman perk is now gone
    -Louder footsteps
    -Dog that protects and doesn't seek
    -IED and new equipment alike
    -More peripheral vision for Snipers
    -Ballistic vests bumped to an 8 Killstreak

These seem like small issues but it all adds up, It's just baffling to me that every change gives advantage towards that BORING Aim and Wait style of gameplay; and everything against it gets nerfed. I mean MW2 was a game that got the logistics of shotguns correct. Sure they kill instantly, but that's the advantage of actually flanking and getting up close. Was that too cheap of a gameplay tactic? I guess the campers didn't like it and that's who they listen to, now the only way to play effectively is to hide behind a barrel and hold the aim button (which is about as fun as watching flies f***)

Call of Duty has lost it's spark, not by franchise fatigue, but by constant design choices that help encourage boring gameplay.
  73. Nov 13, 2013
    As a PC player, this game has failed in every aspect. 6GB RAM requirements are bloated an unnecessary. There is terrible stuttering and framerate drops on high-end systems. Textures and overall quality is poor and not "next-gen" at all. Don't be fooled, these developers lied about this being next-gen.

Multiplayer gameplay is awful. You'll die and spawn right in front of someone else OR even the same person that just killed you. Team Deathmatch is a campfest because running and gunning won't work. You'll die in 3 hits or less from pretty much every gun in the game.

The only redeeming factor is single player. It crashes very very often but it is somewhat enjoyable when it works. Other than that, there's nothing to do here, folks
  74. Nov 13, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a game that you can have fun and play with your friends, but it gets old quickly. The campaign is one that actually keeps you on your seat with the fun interactive, stealth missions, and its entertaining although it gets dangerously similar to its predecessors.

But that is what Infinity Ward and Treyarch are good at... remaking each and every one of their games. Especially when it comes to Multiplayer. Every Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare has the same structure. Guns are extremely similar, killstreaks change but are still quite the same (How many times has a predator missile type killstreak been in the game?), the maps always consist of run down buildings, malls, villages, cities, etc. The clever, crafty thing they do is name the guns, killstreaks, maps, attachments, different! Clever, clever. Buying this game and any future Call of Duty game would be like buying a remake with a campaign with different people. I begin to wonder if they just copy and paste their code.
  75. Nov 13, 2013
    Note: I have not played the campaign. This is my take on the rest of the game.

The good/decent: Extinction mode The mediocre: Hit detection/lag, Squads mode, the new slide feature The bad: Everything else. Allow me to explain. Extinction mode takes place of the typical Spec Ops mode, which for me was a huge disappointment, as I had always enjoyed Spec Ops more than Zombies or
    Note: I have not played the campaign. This is my take on the rest of the game.

The good/decent: Extinction mode
    The mediocre: Hit detection/lag, Squads mode, the new slide feature
    The bad: Everything else.

Allow me to explain. Extinction mode takes place of the typical Spec Ops mode, which for me was a huge disappointment, as I had always enjoyed Spec Ops more than Zombies or anything else. Either way, it's a decent alternative with aliens. I would give it a 7/10. Worth playing some, but probably won't be remembered much in a year.

As for the online...yikes.

The Connection:

Overall decent. However, you will still experience lag, and may have trouble if you don't get a head start on the enemy by using perks that help you out-maneuver the enemy (becoming quicker, aim faster, flinch less). However I must say...where are these so-called "dedicated servers"? Grade: B

The Maps:

Unfortunately, this may very well be the biggest heart breaker of them all. 90% of the maps are MASSIVE. I mean massive as in, map sizes CoD has barely ever seen. And they're forgettable and terrible. The overall designs are poor. The thing is, there are no main hot spots for action. There are tons of windows, doors, bridges, etc. to keep out for. There aren't the typical three pathways, there's many pathways.

Before this game, I believed MW3 had the worst maps by far. But this game takes the cake. The maps are downright forgettable and laughable. Grade: F

The Spawns:

You might be thinking to yourself that the spawns would be good because of the map size. I wish. Believe it or not, the spawns are pretty bad. There are times where you will spawn directly in someone's line of sight and you'll be gunned down instantaneously. Grade: D

The Gameplay:

I'll be frank. The gameplay sucks. Because of the large maps, everything happens at a snail's pace. There are tons of campers thanks to the massive maps and multiple areas to be ambushed from, as well as lots of soundwhoring, due to the Amplify perk that basically allows headphones users to hear just about everyone around the map. Quickscoping IS NOT gone, by the way. They lied about that.

The support streak system is back with the assault streaks, along with specialist. They're relatively balanced, however the dog streak is ridiculous for a 5 kill streak. Otherwise the streak system is good. Also, if you liked rushing in the past games, forget about it here. The maps do not encourage fast gameplay. Sad, I know. Killstreak system grade: B Overall gameplay grade: D-

The Modes:

So they took out some popular modes like Search and Destroy, Demolition, and Capture the Flag, though they are apparently bringing SnD and possibly others back. There is Kill Confirmed, TDM like normal, a new mode called Cranked that plays SLIGHTLY quicker (but still at a snail's pace for the most part), and modes like Infected and Hunted, which are more BareBones like. They're OK, nothing special here.

There is also the new Squads Mode, where you can team up against someone else's Squad, many times you are playing another real person, but your teammates and his teammates are just computerized bots. Taking on waves of bots brings back the Survival Mode of MW3 in a way, though it's not as finely executed.

However, just about every mode plays too slow, thanks to the awful maps. Domination and Kill Confirmed use to play somewhat fast, but they play slow now. How lame. Mode grade: C-

Leveling Up/Unlocking System:

This system sucks in my eyes. The highest level is level 60. Once you reach this level, you may now start your first prestige on a second soldier, who may be male or female like your first, and may be customized to a degree, which is decent. You get a total of 10 soldiers, each of which can have multiple classes. The thing is, you have to re-unlock the stuff on your second, third, etc. soldier that you have unlocked for the first one, which makes for an annoyance. So if you have all the perks unlocked for soldier one, you have to re-unlock them for all the other soldiers, separately.

Additionally, there is the Squads Points system. Basically, a weapon, perk, or otherwise will unlock automatically once you level up to a certain level, OR you can unlock it prior with Squad Points. The thing is, SP's take a long time to accumulate, and you level up V E R Y slowly in this game. When you first choose a soldier, you have to choose a class. You will be stuck with this weapon until you get more SP's, which is very annoying. So for those of you that liked the Black Ops 1 unlock system where you could pay for items, you will hate this. It will take FOREVER to unlock everything and experiment with all the weapons and perks.

Unlock System Grade: F

The Weapons/Equipment:

The weapons are relatively balanced. The grenades are HORRIBLE though, even with Danger Close. They completely ruined those. Equipment include campy items again, and there are also campy killstreak rewards. Grade: C

OVERALL GAME GRADE: F
  76. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I deeply regret sinking what? $100 into this.. all to never see my money again. Ugh I think even die hard fans of this series are getting fed up with this.. We are into the next generation of gaming and there dumping this dried out turd down our throats. I was infuriated to see that this game had a better score than KZ:SF. which I think is down
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I was infuriated to see that this game had a better score than KZ:SF. which I think is down right insulting to the dev's of that series as they have taken a massive step up since KZ3 in terms of the effort they put into their game, and it looks good for them. Despite some shady reviews and scores due to biases certain reviewers have..

This game has the exact same mechanics of the old games the graphics are tired, lame and as old as the series itself, nothing new has been brought here its just the same old re-packaged, rehashed scam as it always has been, look forward to seeing you all next year same time same channel off to sell this trash now hopefully some turkey will be foolish enough to buy it off me..
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    I consider myself to be a true COD enthusiast and own all COD games whit pride. But COD Ghosts made me really sad. Its the worst COD game in my opinion. It started to go downhills whit Black Ops 1+2 and now this crap.
    Its like they not bothered to try to create something new for us fans. My feeling when I play Ghosts is like they have plagiarized heavily from the two crappiest games in the COD series: Black Ops 1+2.
    The storyline is crap and I have seen it before! Except for Riley the dog.
    The system to earn points for equipment, clothes and weapons for your various soldiers in multiplayer mode is idiotic and confusing. Its like they took the worst parts of Black Ops 1+2, mixed them together.
    I really regret this purchase.
  78. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm starting to think that they're called Infinity Ward because they are infinitely terrible at doing good things. Call of Duty has been a huge embarrassment to the entire gaming industry for years now, but this just takes the cake. Please, for everyone's sake, including your own, stop making games.
  79. Nov 17, 2013
    Biggest load of I've ever seen or played, please everyone do the world a favour don't buy another COD game they only get worse and worse, activison is just stealing everyones money and putting out the biggest crap this world has ever seen since the destruction of dinsours... Infact if T-rex where alive they would fukin eat this company for been so They are the true thieves of this gerneration
  80. Nov 15, 2013
    This is arguably the worst call of duty ever made, the only time its any fun is if you are camping with a sniper rifle other wise you die before you can even blink. The new game modes suck and squad VS squad is complete BS. A bot did a perfect 180 and shot me through a air vent in the building he was in, outside across a 10 foot gap, through another wall into my leg and i died with theThis is arguably the worst call of duty ever made, the only time its any fun is if you are camping with a sniper rifle other wise you die before you can even blink. The new game modes suck and squad VS squad is complete BS. A bot did a perfect 180 and shot me through a air vent in the building he was in, outside across a 10 foot gap, through another wall into my leg and i died with the worst assault rifle in the game. Screw this game I'll rather play Bf4 and black ops 2 Expand
  81. Nov 16, 2013
    Just to be clear, I generally love CoD games. I've owned them all since World at War, and I've watched them improve in graphics and gameplay over the years.

Not only does Ghosts not improve, it literally takes a step backwards. Make that 4 steps backwards. I had the accidental fortune (or misfortune) to have two Xboxes and 2 flat screens side-by-side when my friend and I loaded in Ghosts to play for the first time.

Literally within 30 seconds we turned to each other with alternately confused and sour looks on our faces. Within 5 minutes our sense of unease had blossomed into full-on aggravated bewilderment.

Bewilderment turned to shock and rage when we finally decided to run Ghosts side-by-side next to Black Ops II. The graphics in Ghost are much, much worse. We were scientific about it we compared specific things: headlight to headlight, grass to grass, gun to gun. Ghosts is drab, pixelated, flat and grating to look at.

So we pulled Black Ops II, and put in Black Ops I. Guess what? Even Black Ops was superior. Ok so surely, if we put in Modern Warfare II, Ghosts would beat it. Can you see where this is going?

In order to find worse graphics than Ghost in the CoD lexicon, we literally had to stare down the barrel of a crappy circa 2008 World at War bolt action rifle. But at least Ghosts was demonstrably better than this dated pixelfest right? Sure...until we looked at the grass on the ground. World at War grass made Ghosts grass look like an 8-bit Nintendo acid flashback.

If Activision is actively trying to murder the CoD franchise, they are really nailing it. This game is a corpse; unless you're a necrophiliac, or have a nostalgia for being nauseated by dated pixelated eye vomit, I would save the $60.
  82. Nov 16, 2013
    lol everyone pleaaaaase do themselves a favor and stay waaaaaay the away from this aids infected piece of stick with black ops 2 and mw3. absolutely no originality and maps are 100x worse than previous COD's
  83. Nov 16, 2013
    It is extremely too easy to die has already been hacked and has a horrible multiplayer experience. I thought it was supposed to be the best cod yet that was a load of this is by far the worst call of duty ever oh and the pre order bonus for the classic ghost character is a mask and not to mention free fall doesn't move once it is a normal map with glass shards constantly falling iIt is extremely too easy to die has already been hacked and has a horrible multiplayer experience. I thought it was supposed to be the best cod yet that was a load of this is by far the worst call of duty ever oh and the pre order bonus for the classic ghost character is a mask and not to mention free fall doesn't move once it is a normal map with glass shards constantly falling i regret buying this game Expand
  84. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing call of duty ghosts i am glad to say its the exact same thing as call of duty black ops 2 except with some stupid annoying other stuff. the graphics still look like mw3 and it's supposed to be coming to next-gen. also wtf is squad points they are basically useless once you get the gun you want and add all the attachments. also all the weapons are pathetic same thing instaAfter playing call of duty ghosts i am glad to say its the exact same thing as call of duty black ops 2 except with some stupid annoying other stuff. the graphics still look like mw3 and it's supposed to be coming to next-gen. also wtf is squad points they are basically useless once you get the gun you want and add all the attachments. also all the weapons are pathetic same thing insta kill snipers OP sub-machine guns dont get me started on the marksman rifles that basically what everyone uses,the assault rifles are improved but not by much you will not go 100-1 kd wise. the maps are so large i dont know what activison was thinking making the maps so needlessly big. also the destructibility we were promised is not battlefield level of destructibility you can blow up a wall thats basically it. in other words dont buy it go buy bf4 or wait save your money go buy you and your girlfriend a nice dinner. just please dont buy this game. unless you dont have a life buy it. it will make you forget how pathetic you are. Expand
  85. Nov 16, 2013
    Plz Infinity ward back to world war II, ur new titles of cod its so bad =T Srry moidroog no luck for ur... You should stop doing these repetitive multiplayer modes, and make a coop mode style cod 5, cod when I play, I like the way that the story mode is, an coop mode over worked would be a good thing in a new call of duty.
  86. Dec 7, 2013
    Wow, COD really needs to look at all these reviews. My review is the Campaign, when you get to the end you realize you've wasted your time. And the Multiplayer sucks balls with Spawning. I think Imma go back to COD Black Ops 2.
  87. Nov 17, 2013
    I own every copy of CoD and feel compelled to pan this version. In my estimation, MW4 and UO on the PC/Mac is still tops, The graphics for this version are cartoony; the typography—oh, my eyes. Gameplay feels a tad blurry with a strange sense of over-contrast. I've been playing BF4 more and more, having never been a big fan (also have the income to compare that series, albeit stale in aI own every copy of CoD and feel compelled to pan this version. In my estimation, MW4 and UO on the PC/Mac is still tops, The graphics for this version are cartoony; the typography—oh, my eyes. Gameplay feels a tad blurry with a strange sense of over-contrast. I've been playing BF4 more and more, having never been a big fan (also have the income to compare that series, albeit stale in a different way.) I'm feeling drawn away from this franchise,

Personally I'd still ignore all the extremist viewpoints: 0? 10? You're kidding. Try it, but you've been warned.
  88. Dec 1, 2013
    Just a useless game, all I can say.
    Will appeal to COD fans (people who've been swept up by the crowd and played the last 7 or so COD games). So yeah, it's a recycled game that the same old crowd will play and praise.
  89. Nov 17, 2013
    Game isnt good at all, I have been play CoD since modern warfare 4, its just not the same anymore they change the game to much because people cry about everything the respawns are just horrible I cant survive for more then 2 seconds without getting shot from behind
  90. Nov 18, 2013
    At this point, is anyone surprised this is just more of the same? I mean come on, they haven't done anything innovative in COD since at least COD4, maybe MW2...

The gameplay is what you would expect, the multiplayer feels like a tweaked DLC for MW3, and the immense extremely amazing graphics we were promised are lackluster at best, even on PS4. There are no real game breaking glitches or bugs, but that doesn't make up for the obvious lack of creativity seen in practically every aspect of this game. Even the Extinction mode is based off of the zombies idea Treyarch made famous 5 years ago...

Honestly, I don't even understand why people pay money for this anymore. Is it fun? Yes... for a while. Not the campaign, I wouldn't even recommend that. But the multiplayer is the same kind of fast paced, arcade-ish deal you all know and love/hate. Eventually, it just turns into the same game you paid $60 for the previous year.

Infinity Ward and Treyarch really need to either start thinking of different ideas, or fire their creative team, because this one-trick pony "if it ain't broke don't fix it" business plan may fool some of the more simple minded gamers, but its worn off with me...
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    I've played COD all since my life. My favourite being COD 4 and MW2 but with ghost I feel they just "copied and paste" over new graphics and new "redesigned mechanics" the game is just awfully horrible. You get killed in matter of seconds and the maps are just plain and create more campers. MW2 had that amazing edgy gameplay where you just get feeling of rush and excitement. Ghost justI've played COD all since my life. My favourite being COD 4 and MW2 but with ghost I feel they just "copied and paste" over new graphics and new "redesigned mechanics" the game is just awfully horrible. You get killed in matter of seconds and the maps are just plain and create more campers. MW2 had that amazing edgy gameplay where you just get feeling of rush and excitement. Ghost just lacks in all sorts of gameplay from just the mechanics and overall feeling of it. It's garbage and makes me not wanna buy these games, their just draining your money with complete garbage. Battlefield 4 is more fun but its doesn't might not that huge wow factor but its does have better mechanics and the companies do something to make the game actually feel new and a lot more fun. COD is just ruined and they should just stop making and take big gaps or breaks and come back with a better game. This was just complete utter garbage, I rather play runescape than this. Expand
  92. Nov 19, 2013
    Waste of a game. What where they thinking!! It is more like battlefield, so if you like battlefield then you may like this. They should remove the call of duty name and just call it ghosts so they do not ruin the name. Maybe they should call it "call of duty: sniper"

Rent or borrower before buying this crap. Main issues: 1) Sniper and marksman just sit everywhere. There are

Rent or borrower before buying this crap.

Main issues:
    1) Sniper and marksman just sit everywhere. There are innumerable sniper spots with their thermal scopes you just get picked off. And why the hell are the maps so big? Add in motorcycles and tanks so we do not get tired.....
    2) Not only are the maps big but they are a complete maze. The designers are probably a bunch of campers themselves.
    3) Why do all the guns seem the same. I don't know if it's just me but all the assault rifles feel the same.
    4) Kill streaks are stupid and boring. Especially the dog. How can the dog kill you when its 10 feet away?
    5) 4 and One will not make this game any better.
  93. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is the worst of all in the franchise, the multiplayer is very dull and not innovative as they said it would be, killstreaks are boring as hell, lag is at its worst with no dedicated servers like they said we were going to get, my review completely tackles the multiplayer aspects of this game because they are in fact enraging to deal with, single player is ok and Extinction getsThis game is the worst of all in the franchise, the multiplayer is very dull and not innovative as they said it would be, killstreaks are boring as hell, lag is at its worst with no dedicated servers like they said we were going to get, my review completely tackles the multiplayer aspects of this game because they are in fact enraging to deal with, single player is ok and Extinction gets boring to fast, definitely should of had more maps for it, and squads is boring, very disappointed Expand
  94. Nov 29, 2013
    It started with the Nazis witch is ok, them the Terrorists Fine) Then they followed BF and put Russians as enemys then the Russians again and then more Russians and now that Russia is have been pretty used (Poor Russia) they need to find more enemys and what would be more racism than the Latin People getting super OP (Cause everyone know that Brasil,Mexico,Argentina ETC) Have access toIt started with the Nazis witch is ok, them the Terrorists Fine) Then they followed BF and put Russians as enemys then the Russians again and then more Russians and now that Russia is have been pretty used (Poor Russia) they need to find more enemys and what would be more racism than the Latin People getting super OP (Cause everyone know that Brasil,Mexico,Argentina ETC) Have access to Gigantic Army robots, MILITARY SPACE SHIPS CAPABLE OF STEALING A US NUCLEAR MISSILE SPACE STATIONS (cause that makes sence) and destroy the US with no reason oh and we need to remenber that most of the battlegrounds have something like TacoBell or a Latin Embassy were most of the blood hunt happens Expand
  95. Nov 19, 2013
    Como DLC no estaría mal, como juego completo es demasiado caro y corto... nuevamente es el multiplayer el que ofrece "mayor" entretenimiento y no es diferente a lo ya visto cada 6 meses
  96. Nov 19, 2013
    Pros: Good Graphics, Extinction is fun, and not as bad as Black ops 2.
    Cons: The maps are awful, they are to big which causes many issues. A lot of guns are overpowered! Sniping is way to overpowered and with the big maps it makes the game very annoying.
    Pros: Good Graphics, Extinction is fun, and not as bad as Black ops 2.

Overall: I have always been a Cod fan, but I believe cod is coming to a end. Black ops 2 was a god awful, and Ghost is just disappointing. I recommend the developers to actually sit down next time and think of better ideas because it's sad on what they've came up with.
  97. Nov 19, 2013
    i would give this a -5 if i could.... COD GHOSTS IS FULL OF SH*T, honestly i loved blops 2, 1, and mw3/2. BUT GHOSTS IS LITERAL SH*T MERGED INTO DISC FORM! @%#$@##@%#$@#$$##$#$%#$%^&*^%$#$%^&
  98. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is absolute garbage. Infinity ward doesn't know what the their doing anymore. Their games have been ever since they made MW2. MW3 was a rehash piece of and ghosts is even more terrible. I can't stand it. The gameplay is choppy and practically all the guns are overpowered. It's impossible to have a good time playing this game. Even the campaign, which was amazing even inThis game is absolute garbage. Infinity ward doesn't know what the their doing anymore. Their games have been ever since they made MW2. MW3 was a rehash piece of and ghosts is even more terrible. I can't stand it. The gameplay is choppy and practically all the guns are overpowered. It's impossible to have a good time playing this game. Even the campaign, which was amazing even in MW3, is complete The story is TERRIBLE. The only thing I can stand in this game is extinction, but that's not enough. The multiplayer is what matters the most and I can't stand it. I can't even except the fact I have to deal with this of a game for 1 year until trey arch releases a REAL call of duty. Seriously IW get your game back...trey arch is trampling you in every shape way and form. Expand
  99. Nov 21, 2013
    i bout this game at midnight when it came out at first it felt really fun but after awhile it got really boring everyone camps and its no fun after a week just traded it back in for Need For Speed Rivals
  100. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't know why they made a game designed for campers and the aggressive players are being shot down by ppl who jus sit and hide in corners and bushes.this call of duty ghosts is a waste of time n money waiting in line for it so be released.black ops 2 is way better than ghosts although i was a believer in the modern warfare franchise. Poor staff you guys had in developing ghosts.failure

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.