2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2076 Ratings

1. Jan 21, 2014
    Wow. I have really enjoyed call of duty from world at war up until this debacle. I bought it for the multiplayer and wow what a flop. My favorite game mode (headquarters) is gone apparently it's too much trouble to include in their yearly reatreaded release. Everything is so busy and overdone on the multiplayer it feels like being a senior citizen trying to play. There is dumb ****Wow. I have really enjoyed call of duty from world at war up until this debacle. I bought it for the multiplayer and wow what a flop. My favorite game mode (headquarters) is gone apparently it's too much trouble to include in their yearly reatreaded release. Everything is so busy and overdone on the multiplayer it feels like being a senior citizen trying to play. There is dumb **** flying around everywhere, along with tracking scopes and kill streaks where you don't need a kill streak. Everything is so busy the maps are stupid and confusing also way too big to play the game at any reasonable pace. Call of duty ghosts is not focused on the actual shooting more on the dumb busy nonsense. If they accepted returns on games mine would be going back, such a shame too because i enjoyed previous call of duties so much. vote with your dollar buy something else Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    I will say that the Campaign Story was very engaging, though predictable. But that does not save it from the wretch of a multiplayer it claims to have.

They took everything that was fun from COD: Black Ops 2 out, and polished up the graphics. That's all. I remember when this was announced, that one of the biggest claims they had was this was going to have little "camping" areas ,and

I remember when this was announced, that one of the biggest claims they had was this was going to have little "camping" areas ,and more assault style game play. This got me excited for the game. However after playing, this should be renamed: Call of Duty: Spawn Camper's Paradise.

I put off buying this game for a while because of the bad reviews I heard, but figured I would give it a try. I regret purchasing this, even on sale. I am absolutely beyond words about how much I regret buying this game.
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is nothing more than a rip-off.
    All they did was to pick the same engine (AGAIN), throw in a dog and some small maps and release it as if it were a whole new "revolutionary" game.
    Do not buy this game.
  4. Jan 24, 2014
    Let me start off by saying I am Very disappointed in myself for purchasing this crap again! This entire game could have been DLC for black ops 2. Same bull **** from all the other COD games. People, just because the trailer looks fantastic doesn't mean it's actual game play. All the maps are unimpressive there's still to much going on in the game for a new comer to quickly get discouragedLet me start off by saying I am Very disappointed in myself for purchasing this crap again! This entire game could have been DLC for black ops 2. Same bull **** from all the other COD games. People, just because the trailer looks fantastic doesn't mean it's actual game play. All the maps are unimpressive there's still to much going on in the game for a new comer to quickly get discouraged and frustrated, completely unbalanced monotonous regardless of the mode you playing. It's disturbing to me how these game developers are using Apples tactic in monopolizing DLC content. I thoroughly hate this game. It could never be compared to Battlefield 4. I'm not hating I'm despising! If you liked playing MW3 and Black ops then you will enjoy this because it's the same **** with different colors however standard and hardcore are the same **** You get killed with one shot in standard mode. Last but not least This game needs an enima. Expand
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    The multiplayer is worse than previous call of duty games. The spawns are terrible. For example, on strike zone domination, the teams spawn right next to each other. I can't move 10 feet without someone spawning behind me.
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    Usually, I like to praise a COD game when it first comes out, but for Ghosts, it was different. I've hated this game since day one. The campaign was garbage and was way to short. It had potential to be another fun COD campaign, but it didn't meet my expectations. For multiplayer, it's the same old garbage as every COD game. From the cheaters and the inconsistency in gameplay, it has provedUsually, I like to praise a COD game when it first comes out, but for Ghosts, it was different. I've hated this game since day one. The campaign was garbage and was way to short. It had potential to be another fun COD campaign, but it didn't meet my expectations. For multiplayer, it's the same old garbage as every COD game. From the cheaters and the inconsistency in gameplay, it has proved to bey least favorite multiplayer ever. IW could've really had a fun multiplayer, but once again, they failed to impress me. As for Extinction, I love the idea of aliens and I enjoy playing this mode, however, it becomes boring after a while due to the lack of variety within the mode itself. Overall, this is by far the worst COD game I've ever played and I would never recommend buying this game to anyone Expand
  7. Jan 26, 2014
    It would be an OK game, if you could ever get connected, and on the odd chance you do, the lag wasnt so bad, you can make it through a match without leaving in disgust. Ive shot people running at me across the map, emptying the mag and getting hit markers, only to have them kill me with one shot. I shoot more people and die, than I kill them.
  8. Jan 27, 2014
    The Multiplayer mode game server is always down. I get a error code stating the server is down. I can rarely connect. Its not my internet or connection. I have performed several standard steps for the best connectivity to my Xbox 360. The main reason I buy these types of games is for online gameplay. They need to step their game up. Otherwise risk losing a loyal buying customer. AT THISThe Multiplayer mode game server is always down. I get a error code stating the server is down. I can rarely connect. Its not my internet or connection. I have performed several standard steps for the best connectivity to my Xbox 360. The main reason I buy these types of games is for online gameplay. They need to step their game up. Otherwise risk losing a loyal buying customer. AT THIS MOMENT, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS GAME. Expand
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    boycott this franchise please! All COD has done is just recycle, recycle, recyle. If you compare the characters and maps etc from the previous titles in the franchise, they just take the same stuff and repackage it. I used to be a huge fan of MP of the series, but just got bored after they just repackage the same stuff repeatedly.
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they will actually put some energy into creating new titles instead of recycling old ones!
    don't buy this game if you played previous title/titles!
  10. Feb 4, 2014
    Ever since I first hit the cod scene, I found people complaining about issues that simply were not there, hating to sound cool more than anything. I'm not too hardcore a gamer myself, so I generally ignored them. Black ops 2 turned out to be my favorite title so far, taking every aspect we've come to love about call of duty and launch it to new hights along with a very balanced and nonEver since I first hit the cod scene, I found people complaining about issues that simply were not there, hating to sound cool more than anything. I'm not too hardcore a gamer myself, so I generally ignored them. Black ops 2 turned out to be my favorite title so far, taking every aspect we've come to love about call of duty and launch it to new hights along with a very balanced and non glitchy multiplayer, they even improved the now aged campaign and zombies. So, following this great game, I was ready for what I thought was going to be a great new title, especially with the new consoles... And boy was I WRONG. Ghosts ended up being the worst expierience I've ever had with call of duty. It's not even the same infinity ward team anymore. THEY went over. To respawn entertainment making titanfall.
    So, what exactly is wrong with this game?... What's NOT wrong with this game! That's the shorter question!

As opposed to black ops 2s excellent, multi range designed maps that disproved camping and kept the action moving, ghosts features some of the dullest, most poorly designed maps ever. The weapon balance in BO2 was PHENOMENAL, the best since cod 4. Ghosts; honey badger dominates, the end. Plus, noob tubing has returned!. What was infinity ward thinking!?

Aside from the boring as hell multiplayer and terrible balance, the campaign was pretty lackluster too. This was one of the biggest selling points for ghosts: a campaign full of characters you grew attached to and cared about with more depth. By the end of the game however, I had forgotten most of the people's names. It was probably the least bad feature of the game, and in some respects can be good, but with the lack of cinematic awesomeness from previous games, its just a generic cod campaign, not horrid, but not awesome either.

I'm not going to waste time with squads mode and extinction. Extinction is a somewhat lackluster ripoff of zombies, and the squads mode is just dumb. Why would you want to fight bots when you can play league play against other skilled players? You wouldn't, that's the answer.

Overall, this game just doesn't stand up well, even against the standards of Cod! The multiplayer is garbage, squads and extinction are really lame compared to zombies and even survival in MW3 (also a bad cod title). The campaign, ironically, is the best part of the game, and it isn't as good as many critics are claiming it to be. Maybe the game, with its insta killing weapons (also a bad factor), OP equipment, and camper friendly ugly maps could be liked by the noobiest of players, but for all you cod veterans out there, this is just sad. That's all the gam is really, it's just a weak, weak game

I give ghosts a 2/10 (and that's cupcaking it...)
  11. Feb 2, 2014
    There was nothing new in the game. Its basically same old shoot, hide and run. No great cutscenes, no eye catching graphic views and even story is below par. Black ops 1 & 2 had much more gripping storyline and a variety in gameplay. the graphics made me think if we really are in 2014.
    Bottomline - Singleplayer campaign is just recycled ****
    Multiplayer - Have not tried it yet. In the
    Bottomline - Singleplayer campaign is just recycled ****
    Multiplayer - Have not tried it yet.
    In the end all I can say it wasnt worth the hype and the wait that I had to get my hands on the game!!!
  12. Feb 6, 2014
    Call of Duty needs to take a break
    Pros:
    -It runs at 60 FPS ._.
    -Bigger Maps
    -A New mode (Extinction)
    -Well Voice Acted
    Cons:
    -Same old Gameplay
    -Graphics look even worse than BO2 or the previous games
    -Shotguns are weak
    -The Story is like MW2 in MANY ways
    -Same thing each year
    -The A.I. is stupid
    -Create-A-Class is a disappointment
    Recommendation: Hardcore Call of Duty Fans
  13. May 8, 2014
    Stereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you'reStereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you're going to listen to tweens, adults, and kids act immaturely simply because of a game. The maps aren't too dynamic, it's all "ooh, I knocked down a tree!" And the like. There isn't much difference between platforms, it's just a bit improved on the graphics side. Expand
  14. Fac
    Feb 6, 2014
    Well, let's see, the campaign has no redeeming factors. There is no amazing story, the Veteran Mode is a joke, and all the guns are the same. In the Multiplayer, all the maps are either too small or too large, the Snipers and Shotguns are broken, and all the high costing, "fancy" guns are useless. Squads is a joke, and Extinction is a discount Zombies. The only cool thing in this game isWell, let's see, the campaign has no redeeming factors. There is no amazing story, the Veteran Mode is a joke, and all the guns are the same. In the Multiplayer, all the maps are either too small or too large, the Snipers and Shotguns are broken, and all the high costing, "fancy" guns are useless. Squads is a joke, and Extinction is a discount Zombies. The only cool thing in this game is that you can customize your character!!! WOOOOOOOOOO.... no. Expand
  15. Feb 7, 2014
    Pros: Extinction mode is a nice addition. New point based class system really allows you to customize your loadout to your playstyle. Graphics best so far in the series. It's still basically the same old COD.

Cons: Campaign is very short and unremarkable. In multiplayer, matchmaking, lag compensation and lack of dedicated servers (there's a few dedicated servers up but it's mostly still the same crappy player-hosted system) make your multiplayer experience vary from good to unplayable. The connection bars were removed so you can't tell how bad your connection is before the game starts (although once the shooting starts you find out pretty quickly what kind of connection you have if you start seeing people warping around and your shots don't register) Maps and spawn location are not very good, you often will get opponents spawning extremely close to you, I've seen many times where the enemy spawns and they are basically lined up right with you and just have to pull the trigger. Killstreaks are uninspiring. It's still basically the same old COD.
  16. Feb 15, 2014
    It is the worst game i have ever played do not buy it the maps are freakin bigger than China the sniper aim is messed up and it is a complete failiure overall imregreting that i bought it so much that I cant sleep at night its totall ****
  17. Feb 15, 2014
    COD is getting worse every year. I find my self playing Black Ops 2 more but since I cannot stand Black ops 2 for another year, I decided to try Bf4 which is much beter and highly reccomended as superior to this game.

Singleplayer was fun, nothing we haven't seen before. Multiplayer was over complicated, they tried to introduce too much and failed to fix simple problems such as lag,

Singleplayer was fun, nothing we haven't seen before.

Multiplayer was over complicated, they tried to introduce too much and failed to fix simple problems such as lag, exploits etc. I find my self dieing to lag compensation 90% of the time. I was able to keep a 2.1-2.2 k/d through out Black ops, and in ghost I couldn't even go above 1.00 all because of bad design and lag.

The amount of hype that was built up over many months led to a piece of crap. Dissapointing and pathethic, this game officialy ruined Cod and i'm never going back.
  18. Feb 17, 2014
    This game sucks mw3 is 100 times more fun and is 5 times less money don't buy this game all guns and maps r bad and dark and getting camps now sucks to mw3 is the game game plain out sucks also my mode I only play was taking out demolition and infected I love but it sucks on ghost
  19. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is very slow paced because of the huge maps. They brought back one if the most annoying perk in the cod franchise, Danger Close. Theses Battlefield sized maps causes people to camp with snipers. The gamemode Cranked doesnt make the game any better because the maps are huge and it can take forever to find person to kill before you die.This game is a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is very slow paced because of the huge maps. They brought back one if the most annoying perk in the cod franchise, Danger Close. Theses Battlefield sized maps causes people to camp with snipers. The gamemode Cranked doesnt make the game any better because the maps are huge and it can take forever to find person to kill before you die. They left out many great gametypes in the past like CTF, drop zone, demolition, and headquarters. Whats really stupid is that they have 2 Seacrch and Destroy variants but no Demolition. Blitz is too simple and requires no skill since u just have to just run into the enemy portal to score. There is no theater mode which is VERY disappointing for me. Horrible game. You are better of playing Black Ops 2. Expand
  20. Feb 19, 2014
    No. Just no. This game was supposed to have all of this "Next Gen Gameplay." Well so far, I've seen none of that. This "Freefall bonus map" was supposed to have all of this levolution. The only levolution present is the occasional animation of the building falling, which in my opinion, isn't even levolution. Half of the guns in the game were taken from previous games and thrown in CoDNo. Just no. This game was supposed to have all of this "Next Gen Gameplay." Well so far, I've seen none of that. This "Freefall bonus map" was supposed to have all of this levolution. The only levolution present is the occasional animation of the building falling, which in my opinion, isn't even levolution. Half of the guns in the game were taken from previous games and thrown in CoD Ghosts with a new name. The Remington RS (ACR in MW3) is overpowered as usual. But! They've put in a new class of weapons, marksman rifles! Can you say overpowered much? These things are more overpowered than LMG's! No kick, two shot kill, huge ammo capacity. You can even put burst fire on it! LMG's are still very overpowered though, typical CoD. Riot shields are more overpowered than ever, using C4 and danger close. Now there are a few decent improvements, such as being able to customize your characters, but the levelution that was supposed to be very present, isn't anywhere to be found. You can get KEM Strikes (MOAB from MW3) in care packages now, making them less special. You can be a pro and go 25-0 while some other person is going 3-17, but he gets a KEM Strike too. The guard dog is insanely overpowered, as it takes three shots using a bolt-action sniper with increased damage to kill. There are also IED's, which are pretty much miniature IMS's that can be equipped as a lethal. You can no longer go prone to avoid IMS's as well, you here that sound and you go "Yup, I'm dead." The game feels exactly the same as MW3, even the sounds and animations. In a nutshell, this game isn't worth half of the money that they want for it. The campaign was honestly decent, and I'll give them props for that. That's really the only part of the game that doesn't make me want to rip someone's head off, along with extinction. Extinction is actually quite fun. It isn't like that promised "Zombie Campaign" that was promised in Black Ops 2. There is actually a strong storyline that you're forced to go through, unlike in Black Ops 2 where you just went through wave after wave and nobody really cared about the storyline. It's your typical CoD game, and that doesn't surprise me one bit. Not worth buying unless you're only in it for the campaign. The campaign doesn't make it worth $60, though. Expand
  21. Feb 22, 2014
    Look im not one of the ones that onky reviews this game bad cuz of the flow but literally this sucks if you are a camper or alia play this if not dont
  22. Feb 24, 2014
    Absolutely 0 realism as always; and they also added the invincible knifer as one of the kill-streaks. The same game over and over and over again except with addition of even worse crap. They need to learn something from battlefield, Knifing a soldier isn't easy especially if you're trying to stab them in the front, they HAVE tactics to avoid being stabbed. They don't just take it andAbsolutely 0 realism as always; and they also added the invincible knifer as one of the kill-streaks. The same game over and over and over again except with addition of even worse crap. They need to learn something from battlefield, Knifing a soldier isn't easy especially if you're trying to stab them in the front, they HAVE tactics to avoid being stabbed. They don't just take it and unless you knife someone in the skull it won't kill them instantly. Expand
  23. Mar 1, 2014
    I remember when COD was good. I remember pulling those all nighters playing MW2 and COD4. I miss those times. I just wish they could make something new, improved, and actually not so damn repetitive. The only fun thing in this game, which MW3 has it better, is infected. I guess really that's the only thing decent. I used to love COD. I have every single game and this... This just made me sad.
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    I'm 12 and have been waiting for my mum to buy it, and after crying she finally bought it! Yay!
    So like I was playing and I just run to everyone and knife them haha! And when I die I cry and swear at people because it justifies everything.

Nah but seriously this game is pretty **** Graphics are old and stale multiplayer is as bad as ever, story is uninspired, all the guns are just pointless, all u need is a good smg,
  25. Mar 5, 2014
    This game, oh goodness, I've never really like CoD the classics aren't bad at all, but this is probably the worst so far, my friends are large CoD fan, and the majority of the problems don't just stem from the game, but the fanbase, this series doesn't have an end in sight because of the large collection of 1st graders swearing at me and wanting to have sex with my mother.
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    what can i say COD is DANGER close to being forgotten in the gaming community. its the same content every time and people are starting to notice it is. there's not much to say about it really, but what i can say is this... worth a rental only, multiplayer in my opinion is best played offline, the story is rather disappointing maybe the story might get better towards the end. but what iwhat can i say COD is DANGER close to being forgotten in the gaming community. its the same content every time and people are starting to notice it is. there's not much to say about it really, but what i can say is this... worth a rental only, multiplayer in my opinion is best played offline, the story is rather disappointing maybe the story might get better towards the end. but what i got out of the story so far its a let down. Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    Playing Call of Duty Ghosts is kind of like pulling teeth. You start and you're like "Oh this is fine.. Nothing wrong with it." Then as it goes you realize how mistaken you are and it's as painful as hell.

Campaign you're supposed to be an elite group of marines called "Ghosts" experts in Gorilla warfare, and stealth. Not that you'd know playing this game. Rush an enemy base in a tank. Dogs flying out of front windows, no silencers, no stealth sections. Its "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: We didn't have Makarov and we wanted to rehash old stuff for you" It's as enjoyable as eating old mouldy leftovers.

Multiplayer is the Lag comped crap we know Ride to Hell Retri- I mean Call of Duty for. You have little variation in maps. Usually maps are small. Not in Ghosts. Nope. Ghosts lives up to it's name. All maps are LARGE empty maps that either shake a little, or have something that blows up if someone gets a Nuke- er I mean care package.

I go on call of duty weekly to see what 8 year olds my mom has been in bed with.

Overall I gotta say, compared to Ride to Hell Retribution call of duty is a sub par game at best. Compared to GTA 5, BF4, Portal, L4D, or any other game you see on the shelf. Call of Duty is a over priced piece of bargain bin crap.
  28. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't buy Call of Duty: Ghosts, I didn't have spare cash laying around and I was starting to itch to play a new iteration of the franchise. I am now very very glad I didn't spend money on this game. Multiplayer is a joke. You will spawn 5 feet from the man that previously killed you and he WILL kill you again. The weapons are so similar its really down to whether you like the look of your gun instead of its stats. I've never felt like I've had a good gun-fight with someone in Ghosts, it's usually a case of seeing someone, unloading an entire assault rifle magazine into them, and not being rewarded with a kill. Instead, he will kill you, because he is using an SMG and on the Killcam, he saw you first. You will have been around a corner. You will have been out of that mans line of sight in your point of view. But you were not. The maps are boring, with washed-out colors and ruined scenery that is completely uninspired; what's more, it doesn't help that the pieces of debris on that ground start to blend into the characters themselves crouching next to them, lending more to getting killed before you even know whats going on.

As for the Single Player campaign, boy oh boy, that was a **** train-wreck (literally, in the end, SURPRISE). At first the story is interesting, you witness San Diego getting shelled from orbit, and then you're on the satellite SHELLING Earth from orbit as a large coalition of South American nations attack the USA, it's crazy action you expect from a Call of Duty campaign. What I don't expect, at least, is the 4 hours of boring **** that comes AFTER that 15 minutes of action. Yes, 4 hours, the game is exceptionally short. None of the characters are interesting or likeable. The Ghosts are all dicks, your father is a pretty rigid "I'm so proud of you boys" stereotype, and the main antagonist is just a **** smug **** He's not such a bad villian that you want him to die. You just want him to die. You just want to kill him and end the whole game because he's that stupid of an antagonist. You no longer want to suffer this horrible boring uninspired nightmare. At one point you capture him, unable to shoot him. "Just kill him," you tell yourself "Kill him and end this farce." Instead you capture him, bring him aboard an airplane, and then he pulls a Bain, his comrades yanking the plane in half and shaking your ass out like the last peanut in a jar of salty bland **** nuts. Great, so you establish you cannot capture him, and you didn't kill him when you had the chance. You suffer through a bunch of missions, only ONE of which uses their highly-touted dog companion. In later levels he does come back; as an escort mission. You have to carry him to a helicopter while a bunch of heavily armored South Americans shoot at you in Las Vegas. It's annoying, the dog as a character was pointless, and I felt nothing for him. In the final mission, you hop on the villains train, going on top of the train, car to car, dodging the improbable aiming skills of 30 Brazilians as they shoot tracking bullets at you on top of a train going at breakneck speeds around a 90 degree bend. You get to the lead train car where Rourke is waiting and there's a scuffle, you fire your death-missiles from orbit and knock his train into the ocean where you, your brother and the big bad fight. Your brother holds the big bad and, wait... doesn't this seem familiar? Isn't this the ending to Modern Warfare 2? You grab the some way to kill the big bad, a convenient .44 Revolver that the big bad drops, sacrificing your brother and piercing them both with the absolutely incredible stopping power of the weapon. It busts a window behind them, flooding the train-car. You swim out, carrying your very injured (probably at this point should be DEAD) brother out of the train car. You swim ashore, propping your bodies against a rock as you watch the Federation troops get their asses smashed by your orbital bombardment. You think it's over. You pray it's over. The big bad, who has been pierced by a .44 MAGNUM, who should have a GIANT HOLE IN HIS CHEST, kicks you in the face, dragging you away so he can turn you into what he was turned into. It is the most obvious sequel hook ever, it practically screams "We know you'll buy our game every year, so you'll have to wait for the next to finish this!" It spits in the face of anyone who is even remotely a fan of the series, and does not stand up to previous installments in any way. I am so glad I did not spend my money on this played-out ****. I wish I could get my time back.
  29. Mar 17, 2014
    Pro: Nothing
    Con:
    Kill streak sucks and no variety. Same old kill streaks. Snipers are so **** easy to use. There is still quickscoping Maps **** suck. Siege you cant **** see **** Chasm the ****tiest map in the call of duty series Guard Dog that thing is the most annoying thing You cant dodge an IED There are flank routes to flank routes Some many head glitches and camping spots
    Pro: Nothing
    Con:
    Kill streak sucks and no variety. Same old kill streaks.
    Snipers are so **** easy to use. There is still quickscoping
    Guard Dog that thing is the most annoying thing
    You cant dodge an IED
    There are flank routes to flank routes
    Some many head glitches and camping spots
    Spawns are **** up
    Get knifed from a mile away because of lunging in the game
    Lag, no dedicated servers as they promise
  30. Mar 24, 2014
    Ok there's a little upgrade in the graphics, it has 3 new movements, and finaly dedicated server for next gen. But that's it. It's still being the same game.
  31. Apr 29, 2014
    Same game play mechanics, overrated dynamics, and barely any immersion. Traded it in and bought battlefield. No regrets.

The newest DLC is pay-to-win garbage which include overpowered weapons at a £12 price tag. I swear I shall never buy a Call of Duty game again.
  32. Mar 31, 2014
    (NOTE: I am reviewing the base game and will not be referring to any of the DLC.) After thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 2 I was hoping this would be an improvement, or at least just as good. But this is a huge step backwards. I'll start with Single Player: It's a cliche story with uninteresting characters and extremely linear boring missions that give the player little to no choice. Now on(NOTE: I am reviewing the base game and will not be referring to any of the DLC.) After thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 2 I was hoping this would be an improvement, or at least just as good. But this is a huge step backwards. I'll start with Single Player: It's a cliche story with uninteresting characters and extremely linear boring missions that give the player little to no choice. Now on to Multiplayer: The maps in this game were larger than normal for the CoD series, which they obviously did to compete with Battlefield. However, the large maps just don't fit the gameplay style of Call of Duty and the multiplayer suffers. You'll end up using either rifles or submachine guns as they will be the most effective. This gets very boring though because you'll end up doing the same thing every match instead of trying something new and interesting. Like most CoD games, there were also "perks" to choose from. They were done in a different fashion where each perk was worth points, the better ones being more expensive and vice versa. You had a limited number of points to choose perks from. This sounds balanced in theory though sometimes perks were to expensive and were bad, or too cheap and were extremely powerful. There were also killstreaks in this game, though you'll probably only stick to a few of them as most of them are not very useful. One thing I did like about the multiplayer was the customization that you could do on your character. You could change your characters outfit, gender, etc. This was purely cosmetic but was still a nice way to make a unique character. Now, there is one more mode to talk about. The mode is called "Extinction" and is very similar to Treyarch's "Zombies" mode. In Extinction you and up to three other people fight aliens and try to destroy every hive the aliens are coming from. You also earn points along the way to buy new guns and upgrades. This was by far the most fun mode in the game, though it didn't feel as fun or polished as Zombies. The one level you get with the base game get's old very fast and isn't that interesting to begin with. Extinction also lacks the interesting weapons that Zombies has and you'll just be using the same weapons from multiplayer and singleplayer. Overall I can't recommend Call of Duty: Ghosts to fans of the series or new players, as I feel both will most likely be disappointed. The game is a huge step backwards from previous titles and doesn't offer the same enjoyment. Expand
  33. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is bad , the campaign is OK the multiplayer is **** and extinction is very fun, not as good as zombies,but still very good. The multiplayer suck mainly due to the maps and how well people blend in and the fact that all guns, except 3 or 4 are terrible no I dont' hate COD I just hate this one
  34. Apr 9, 2014
    I'm just going to flat out say this is one of the most boring game I have ever played. It's the same game, but with larger maps and less players. I borrowed this game from a friend who was borrowing it from his cousin and both me and him are thankful we didn't waste our money on this. In a match I spent the entire time just running around looking for something to shoot. I didn't like theI'm just going to flat out say this is one of the most boring game I have ever played. It's the same game, but with larger maps and less players. I borrowed this game from a friend who was borrowing it from his cousin and both me and him are thankful we didn't waste our money on this. In a match I spent the entire time just running around looking for something to shoot. I didn't like the other Cod games for their generic and unappealing gameplay, but at least in those games there was frequent action. If you want a good shooter for the 360 than I'd recommend Halo or Battlefield. Expand
  35. Apr 13, 2014
    Call of Duty ghost is the worst game infinity wards ever came out with I am never going to play that game ever. If infinity wards is seeing this than smd you dirty basters
  36. Apr 14, 2014
    infinity ward went backwards, how can you mess up the formula so bad that you go backwards with your game? All assault rifles (which are less than the prequel) do kind of the same damage, have the same recoil, the same freaking everything. if that wasn't enough, you die so freaking fast that it is just a game of stealth now. and to top it all off you have to pay extra money to buy some newinfinity ward went backwards, how can you mess up the formula so bad that you go backwards with your game? All assault rifles (which are less than the prequel) do kind of the same damage, have the same recoil, the same freaking everything. if that wasn't enough, you die so freaking fast that it is just a game of stealth now. and to top it all off you have to pay extra money to buy some new weapons that are more powerfull than the other ones. The single player is worthless, i got bored after an hour of gameplay. There is a cutscene that have the same motion of a previous game. I feel violated by infinity ward for buying such a horrible game. Modern warfare 1, 2 and 3 were amazing, but ghosts... lets just say I rather use it as a frisbee than play the game again. Expand
  37. Apr 21, 2014
    Outright terrible,anyone looking for a FPS for their console should look the other way,the horrible hit detection and frustratingly awful amount of lag compensation make this game painful to play,the story itself is very interesting but ruins the premise with a horrible cliffhanger that just irritates you more at the fact that yes,there will be a Ghosts 2.Bad experience.
  38. Apr 23, 2014
    You want honesty? Ill be the one to give it to you. Call of Duty Ghosts is COD 4 with yet another new paintjob. The same core concepts and features as featured prevoiusly are here, but they're just dressed up to look new and exciting. Dont get me wrong, the concepts were revolutionary and reinvigorated the FPS genre. But after 7 years of constant recycling, its time for this to end. FinalYou want honesty? Ill be the one to give it to you. Call of Duty Ghosts is COD 4 with yet another new paintjob. The same core concepts and features as featured prevoiusly are here, but they're just dressed up to look new and exciting. Dont get me wrong, the concepts were revolutionary and reinvigorated the FPS genre. But after 7 years of constant recycling, its time for this to end. Final verdict: if you've played COD 4 or any game after, than you've played this one too. Save youre money for something more worthwhile. Expand
  39. Apr 29, 2014
    Time for a review that actually bases complaints within some logical bounds. Here we go.
    I'll be reviewing the most important part of any CoD game: The Multiplayer
    I'm going to split this up into progression (unlocks and challenges) and gameplay (spawning, the weapons, the maps, etc.) MULTIPLAYER PROGRESSION: Unlocking equipment in this game is, to be blunt, a joke. It uses a token
    I'll be reviewing the most important part of any CoD game: The Multiplayer

MULTIPLAYER PROGRESSION:
    Unlocking equipment in this game is, to be blunt, a joke. It uses a token system much like Black Ops II did, where you earn tokens and spend them unlocking weapons, grenades, and attachments. The problem however comes when you learn that you earn these tokens incredibly slowly. Unless you want to spend your entire time playing the game trying to complete various challenges that you've already done five times before, you will be constantly stuck using one weapon. You're constantly slapped with the choice of playing the game in some irritating way to unlock your new equipment, or actually enjoying the game and unlocking nothing. This actually wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the game's "prestige" system, which works nothing like previous CoD games did. In order to advance to the later prestiges, you must save up hundreds of tokens at a time...EACH.

You can't have cons without the pros though, so what did the game's progression system do correctly? Well...not much. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that you get to choose the order in which you unlock your items, which is both a blessing and a curse. Curse, in that all of the irritating overpowered weapons (and this game has several) are not something you will ever be able to avoid in a match, because everyone has unlocked them. I suppose the perk system earns itself an honorable mention as well, it is actually very cool, however you should be able to have more perks than you currently can, as most of the inexpensive perks are worthless, and the useful ones cost FAR too much.

The game's challenge system is easily it's worst point, it's just an absolute nightmare. You can have at most several 'active' challenges at a time, and you can only earn credit towards those challenges. In order to get new challenges, you must reset all progress on current challenges to be given a new and completely random list.

Prestige challenges are gone. Yeah, you heard that correctly. No more are the days of showing off your gorgeous 1000 lifetime AC-130 kills title.

Which brings me to my next point: Previous Infinity Ward titles always let you show off 2 cool things at once in the form of a title and an emblem. For example, if I had 1000 Barrett .50 Cal headshots, and 500 Intervention headshots, I could display the title and emblem showing off my mastery of the game's sniper rifles. It was epic. That feeling of accomplishment was unparalleled. It's gone too.

In place of these awesome accomplishments are stale and sometimes downright bad looking 'patches' that reuse the same icons and change the border colors as you advance from bronze to silver to gold. The vast majority of these challenges aren't difficult to complete with any effort. While I am a skilled CoD player, consistently ranking in the top 15,000 on global accuracy charts, there are many better than me. The sense of accomplishment is entirely gone in this game, as any unlocks can be easily equated to "Time spent playing the game." It's hollow, it's frustrating, and it's enjoyment-ruining. I was able to get 4 of what I deemed were the game's 5 most difficult to earn patches in my first 8 hours of play.

THE GAMEPLAY:

The first few times you play it, it feels great. I'll give it that. You die frequently due to not knowing the maps, and often times you still manage to have fun because you can attribute your suckage to simply being new to the game.

However, as you become more familiar with the game, one thing becomes strikingly apparent: Everyone is camping. Did the run-and-gun players leave?

In a short manner of answering: yeah, they did.

This game is tremendously balanced toward favoring a style of play where one sits and waits for unsuspecting players walking by your field of view. Personally, I've always been a run-and-gun player. I want the action, and I get frequently irritated when my gameplay is ruined by people who, for whatever reason, chose not to use their left joystick.

After about a dozen games, I too found myself camping. It's all you can do.

The spawn system is outright broken on many maps, with enemies spawning, in many situations, 20 feet behind you and with their gun pointed to your back.

If you don't camp, you'll often find yourself instantaneously dead because this game's assault rifles are 3-hit-kill laserbeams that scarcely kick, if at all, when fired. This allows the campers to kill fast moving targets with blinding speed that allows them no time to escape.

The maps themselves are actually rather well done. If the engine in which they were played wasn't terrible, they would be good, and I dare say even great.

Conclusion: 3/10
    5000 CHARACTER LIMIT
    (I wasn't done) :(
  40. May 3, 2014
    Campaign I give a solid 9. Extinction i give a seven. It had a good playout but if you had it set up like zombies it would've been better. People like zombies better than this. Multiplayer, straight terrible. It is like you have to play for a year nonstop to get to a level where you can actually get some fun. Nobody wants to prestige because the low levels have no chance. Overall I thinkCampaign I give a solid 9. Extinction i give a seven. It had a good playout but if you had it set up like zombies it would've been better. People like zombies better than this. Multiplayer, straight terrible. It is like you have to play for a year nonstop to get to a level where you can actually get some fun. Nobody wants to prestige because the low levels have no chance. Overall I think this was the worst Call of Duty Game of all time. I can't wait to see treyarc's new game. All the people I know never by infinity ward games so they wait till treyarc makes another. Expand
  41. May 5, 2014
    what is up with the critics these days, seriously ign and gamespot in particular have to think about who they hire. WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS: it is pretty much the same as all the cods before it, they could at least try to innovate by putting a longer campaign and they didnt, stupid waste of money dont buypls
  42. Aug 8, 2014
    If you want to know what this is. Its copy paste repeat again and again. Remember when cod was good until they started making one per year? Thats why this is bad. 8 months is not enough to make a game which is why call of duty ghosts sucks so much. 007 Legends is a better game than this crap. To sum it up COD sucks TF2 and Halo ftw
  43. May 21, 2014
    They need a major update 1. It just feels so wrong the story is good but the multyplayer is just trash. 2. Why are these maps so big 3. Why is it that you left out one of the best game modes for example (all or nothing, and MITD. Last 4. ITS JUST A GAME TO BE EXPLOITED WITH WORTHLESS DLC 3 DOLLARS FOR A TRASH CAMO ITS MUST MONEY W******G
  44. Jul 21, 2014
    Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these ****Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these **** fanboys, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same **** thing, over and over and over and over and over again, Thinking "This time it's going to be different, no no no please, this time it's going to be different. Expand
  45. Jun 28, 2014
    this game was thought to be good but i knew it was bad from the start and guess what it was bad this game sucks becuase ghost as a character sucks and so does infanty ward who almost killed call of duty with this **** piece of a game.
  46. Jun 29, 2014
    at first this game was decent at best. unfortuneantly things like an abismal amount of lag, campers, and the most annoying thing i have ever seen in a call of duty, IED's, have made this game go spiraling downhill. There is no sense in gun balance. i only see about 4 or 5 guns being used at any time. I will say that the graphics are very good on the xbox one but more or less the same asat first this game was decent at best. unfortuneantly things like an abismal amount of lag, campers, and the most annoying thing i have ever seen in a call of duty, IED's, have made this game go spiraling downhill. There is no sense in gun balance. i only see about 4 or 5 guns being used at any time. I will say that the graphics are very good on the xbox one but more or less the same as cod 4 on the 360. There is nothing innovative about this game it is just recycled ideas from previous titles. Black ops 2 is by far the best call of duty i have played and is far superior to this. I will also say that because of how dissapointing this game is i will not be getting any call of duty games made by infinty ward anytime soon. At least we have Treyarch... Expand
  47. Jul 5, 2014
    This Game is pure trash…. I love COD, but this is definitely NOT COD. The Story is pure trash.
    The multiplayer is the most boring thing since… I don't know to remember such a boring thing.
    The game probably was made for 6 year olds?
  48. Jul 7, 2014
    Oh my god this game sucks.. Cod started downgrading after MW2 and led to this.. campaign sucks..Multiplayer maps are huge and designed for camping making this game impossible to enjoy.
  49. Jul 11, 2014
    This is not in my opinion ,"The Worst Call Of Duty". This is a another Call of Duty for 60 dollars that everyone hates but this is maybe one of the cheapest excuse from a company that has allot of talent. The Campian is a sad excuse the ending is a cheap cut from a bad movie like Far Cry or Max Payne. The Muitiplayer is god awful no the maps are too big I can see that it's for "Next Gen"This is not in my opinion ,"The Worst Call Of Duty". This is a another Call of Duty for 60 dollars that everyone hates but this is maybe one of the cheapest excuse from a company that has allot of talent. The Campian is a sad excuse the ending is a cheap cut from a bad movie like Far Cry or Max Payne. The Muitiplayer is god awful no the maps are too big I can see that it's for "Next Gen" but at least make an point saying that it would be difficult but that's a poor excuse. The Graphics are terrible World at War had better graphics then this. It I would Rate this it would be really a D because I had fun for the first two days at least but it made laugh allot . Expand
  50. Jul 26, 2014
    As usual, online spoiled by hackers. Ban these knob heads for life and it would be an ok game. Not a scratch on Battlefield though. Loved Modern warfare 1&2, but the glitchers have ruined it for most people nowadays
  51. Aug 6, 2014
    This game is the worst $15 I have spent.

This game is the worst $15 I have spent.

In the expansion pack for the wildly popular game Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, all too much has changed, they have ruined the core mechanics of multiplayer, encouraging quick scoping, drop shotting and the ever popular camping. The multiplayer requires absolutely no skill, however if your parents checkbook is brimming with cash, you are in luck! if you buy all the dlc guns and add ons, you instantly because a machine at this game! the multiplayer is atrocious, way too much air support in the air at once, making moving impossible, let alone respawning which is another cluster of crap. BF4 may be a broken game but it is much better than this overpolished garbage. save your money
  52. Aug 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible who would make a game like this this must be a poorly developed game.Poor quality,poor weapon damage.This is the 2nd worst i ever played i got it for my birthday and i thought it would be a good game but nope.I get owned every time and i will never play this game ever again! Expand
  53. Sep 24, 2014
    Practically your average Call of Duty game, dry copied and pointless. Over powered and unrealistic weaponry with enough "Hackers" (By hackers I mean they just installed a virus USB) with enough little kids screaming calling you every racial slur you could imagine. And that's just the beginning, there are your little "Faze" and "Optic" players who think they are bad ass just because theyPractically your average Call of Duty game, dry copied and pointless. Over powered and unrealistic weaponry with enough "Hackers" (By hackers I mean they just installed a virus USB) with enough little kids screaming calling you every racial slur you could imagine. And that's just the beginning, there are your little "Faze" and "Optic" players who think they are bad ass just because they saw a video of people spending their days clicking away at some triggers. People will always make their Gamertag XxX_Pu$$y_$layer_MLGXxX or something like "Shadow Critical" or "Silent Runner" like some four year old out of a Comic Con Convention. Let's not forget how everyone's player card is either a girls ass or some Faze emblem or a 420 BLAZE IT **** one. People will just buy the Weed skin pack and Snoop Dogg pack so they seem "Hardcore". Anyway's the only people that play this are overreacting fan boys that can't stand criticism Do everyone a favor and go play either Dark souls or Battlefield and not this dried up copy **** Expand
  54. Sep 25, 2014
    I remember waiting for call of duty ghosts to be released back in 2013 and when being so impressed with black ops 2 i expected so much. Little would i know that i wasted 60 dollars and stayed home for nothing but complete **** garbage. They spit out a mix between mw3 and mw2 THERES NO **** DIFFERENCE!
  55. Oct 3, 2014
    Okay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. OkayOkay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. Okay that shows how careless and lazy you are infinity ward. Expand
  56. Oct 23, 2014
    Call Of Duty Ghosts is just another regurgitated uninventive game introduced in the COD series, the multiplayer gameplay is repetitive and felt cheated most of the time i was killed, Single player is just as bad with a boring and predictable storyline, the only real fun i actually got out of this game was versing bots but that became a bit repetitive as well and the AI are just as dumb asCall Of Duty Ghosts is just another regurgitated uninventive game introduced in the COD series, the multiplayer gameplay is repetitive and felt cheated most of the time i was killed, Single player is just as bad with a boring and predictable storyline, the only real fun i actually got out of this game was versing bots but that became a bit repetitive as well and the AI are just as dumb as the other Call of Duty's. The Graphics are great but gameplay is awful, unfortunately the Call Of Duty is slowly but surely Dieing off because they have not got any other ideas in which they can incorporate into there new releases. Activision needs to create a game in which is excellent in order to replenish my faith in the series. Expand
  57. Nov 5, 2014
    one of the worst games in the world .
  58. Oct 13, 2014
    The game is basically the same stuff as before except for a new mode that will last you around 2 hours max of fun. Single-player is just a 2-3 hour stinkfest full of over-climatic moments, boring and forgettable characters, and guns that all feel the same. The story is basically this: shoot people, shoot people, shoot people, annnnd SHOOT PEOPLE! It is THAT repetitive.
    Multiplayer is the
    Multiplayer is the same every year so i'll just skip that.
    Finally, the new mode exctitction. The entire mode is this: carry around a big drill to hives, buy guns on the ground (two of which you'll actually use), shoot aliens, and level up to get power-ups. Buuuuut! You'll never beat the mode or get all the power-ups because you will get really bored after 2 hours because you will either get stuck on a part and get to bored trying to beat it, or you will barely beat it and quit.
    2/10 is the score. The only way it wasn't WORSE (1/10 is MY worst rating) is because of those 2 hours of exctition.
  59. Oct 18, 2014
    this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blowsthis game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass Expand
  60. Oct 21, 2014
    This game feels like a copy/paste of all of the past games in the series. I don't even consider new CoD games as new, just the past game with some tweaked maps and new guns. The big question is why are we shelling out all of this money when there are better FPS's that are free.
  61. Oct 24, 2014
    Great job, Infinity Ward. You just messed up this game. Here's why.

1. I read the back of the box, it says "Redefined Multiplayer." I don't see "redefined" changes. I'm getting lag issues even though my internet is completely compatible with other games. 2. The community. Every time I go into a lobby, there is always one camper and one little kid who can't shut up. 3. 500 Squad
    Great job, Infinity Ward. You just messed up this game. Here's why.

3. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? Why do you need 10 slots of Squad members when you only need one.

4. The game is too repetitive. All you do in Call of Duty is shoot, kill, curse, camp, get a kill streak, throw grenades, get killed, win, lose, scream, kill again, shoot again, knife and worst, camp again.

I hope AW is a lot better than this piece of junk.
  62. Dec 7, 2014
    This game sucks this game shouldn't get anything higher than a 3 or 4 it's just that bad, and this game isn't even broken just shows how bad this game is. I'd rather play a pre patched fall version ( The fall update that the game) of Battlefield 4. The single-player and extinction are what save this.
  63. Nov 9, 2014
    This is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what gameThis is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what game mode your playing. The only time i'd recommend playing this game is if someone paid you. What is the 1 for you ask? It works. It's the first Call of Duty game that worked on launch and still works properly. Expand
  64. Dec 16, 2014
    Hmm WHY is it that the YOUTUBE PROMOTED VIDEO IS NOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS, SMASH OR HYRULE WARRIORS BUT this stupid game the ONLY thing its got going for it is the GRAPHICS THAT's IT the game is a SNOOZE to watch all you see is a guy just shooting stupid enemies that don't fight back the fighting is NOT EVEN DRAMATIC WHICH SUCKS the enemies are just as bad it does not look challenging at allHmm WHY is it that the YOUTUBE PROMOTED VIDEO IS NOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS, SMASH OR HYRULE WARRIORS BUT this stupid game the ONLY thing its got going for it is the GRAPHICS THAT's IT the game is a SNOOZE to watch all you see is a guy just shooting stupid enemies that don't fight back the fighting is NOT EVEN DRAMATIC WHICH SUCKS the enemies are just as bad it does not look challenging at all and EVEN THE GUY PLAYING IT HATES THE MAP. The game does not seem to have any puzzles in it WHATSOEVER and the minimap is terrible looking and I agree with other bad reviewers that the game is WAY TOO CAMP FRIENDLY.
    OVERALL TERRIBLE can't BELIEVE my COMPETITION pays attention to this COMPLETE GARBAGE Vs my videos.
    Do yourself a favor and get Smash, Twilight Princess and Windwaker great games I would recommend Hyrule Warriors over this game but is not very good recommend smash or a Zelda classic over Warriors any day of the week
  65. Dec 1, 2014
    why make call of duty like halo, what soldier in his right mind would jump about in full view of enemies, the live play is the worst cod ever, and that's after blackops2 .the maps are awful and graphics hard to view for extended game play. the game itself is ok, some good levels but a bit too easy. think i'll go back to MW2 or MW3 for decent live play. The spawning in live play is reallywhy make call of duty like halo, what soldier in his right mind would jump about in full view of enemies, the live play is the worst cod ever, and that's after blackops2 .the maps are awful and graphics hard to view for extended game play. the game itself is ok, some good levels but a bit too easy. think i'll go back to MW2 or MW3 for decent live play. The spawning in live play is really puzzling, the amount of times I've been shot in the back immediately after spawn is really beyond frustrating. anyone for my copy on ebay. Expand
  66. Jan 6, 2015
    The worst Call of Duty ever to be made. I am still wondering how this piece of **** got on the shelves of stores. Infinity Ward and Activision are obviously trying to suck the money out of people's wallets for a horrendously bad game that is not worth the $60 price tag at release! 0/10 (Horrendous)
  67. Jan 3, 2015
    Enjoyable, but fun multiplayer modes like gun game can't save this train reck. Let start with the story. It stars a 2 sons and some bald guy who go around shooting South Americans who are trying to dominate the world.. Blah blah blah typical call of duty crashing planes explosions, un relatable flat characters etc. Same old same old. The mission underwater feels clunky and horrendous, theEnjoyable, but fun multiplayer modes like gun game can't save this train reck. Let start with the story. It stars a 2 sons and some bald guy who go around shooting South Americans who are trying to dominate the world.. Blah blah blah typical call of duty crashing planes explosions, un relatable flat characters etc. Same old same old. The mission underwater feels clunky and horrendous, the space mission only allows you to use one gun that's a three round burst and there's no other weapons in space. I found the helicopter mission very enjoyable however and same with the stealth mission where you creep around with a knife and a motion censor on your arm. It has it's fun moments but the fun is generally out weighed by flat-un fun combat and a strong sense of been there done that. Multiplayer is more terrible than ever before aside from gun game. The maps are humongous and not a whole lot of fun to play on. Non really stick out. At least on the non dlc maps. I never bothered purchasing any of the dlc maps because it would be a total waist of money. The net code is also crappy. The game is less than decent and id consider it infinity words worst game. But it's def not the worst game I've ever played though and it has it's fun moments. Expand
  68. Mar 5, 2015
    If you actually bought the game for a full $60 bucks, you REALLY need to get your money back. Thank you JESUS one of my friends let mr borrow it for the weekend. I only played it for about 3 hours before I got so bored of this piece of **** This whole game is recycled from other COD's and it took out all the bad things about them and put them in COD Ghost. The last amazing COD game isIf you actually bought the game for a full $60 bucks, you REALLY need to get your money back. Thank you JESUS one of my friends let mr borrow it for the weekend. I only played it for about 3 hours before I got so bored of this piece of **** This whole game is recycled from other COD's and it took out all the bad things about them and put them in COD Ghost. The last amazing COD game is Black Ops 2.... Advanced Warfare is alright and is by far much better than this abomination of a game. Seriously guys trade this thing in for a MARIO game trust me it'll be way more fun. Treyarch.... JUST **** STOP YOU"VE ALREADY **** UP AWHAT USED TO BE A GREAT GAME SERIES Expand
  69. Mar 9, 2015
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! It is seriously the worst Call of Duty next to MW3. Its graphics looks like someone wiped Vaseline all over my screen. The story is God awful. It solely relies on slow motion and explosions to even keep me somewhat awake through this horrible game. And the voice acting is terrible. Everyone sounds like they had Stephen Hawking doing the work. Now, lets get to theDO NOT BUY THIS GAME! It is seriously the worst Call of Duty next to MW3. Its graphics looks like someone wiped Vaseline all over my screen. The story is God awful. It solely relies on slow motion and explosions to even keep me somewhat awake through this horrible game. And the voice acting is terrible. Everyone sounds like they had Stephen Hawking doing the work. Now, lets get to the multi player. It tries so desperately to be a Battlefield/ MW2 mix, which it miserably fails at. They're so called "destructible environments" is a joke! And the maps are way too big for 6v6. The only thing i give it credit for is there perk system and there character creator. Besides that they bring nothing new to the series. A serious waste of $60. I wouldn't even recommend renting the game like I did. Seriously, stay away from this dreadful game. I would rather stick a toothpick under every one of my toe nails and kick a wall than play this game again. Expand
  70. Jul 2, 2015
    If you want to play this game for it's multi-player, you shouldn't, it's repetitive and boring, graphics look bland and old, it doesn't look like a "next-gen" game as they claimed it to be, the time to kill is too fast for the game itself, the standard maps are too big and look awful, the guns have barely any variety, there is no incentive to "run & gun" due to the time to kill being tooIf you want to play this game for it's multi-player, you shouldn't, it's repetitive and boring, graphics look bland and old, it doesn't look like a "next-gen" game as they claimed it to be, the time to kill is too fast for the game itself, the standard maps are too big and look awful, the guns have barely any variety, there is no incentive to "run & gun" due to the time to kill being too fast, encouraging alot of players to take a stationary position (usually with a LMG) and wait for other enemy players to pass by, getting killed by these kinds of players may cause a lot of frustration and can lead to "rage-quitting".

Single-player isn't anything new either, it tells a boring story with only a few levels that stand out from one-another and doesn't make much use of it's specialties, even if you want to play this game for the trophies/achievements only, I suggest you don't, even that isn't worth playing it for.

Extinction is literally the only good thing about this game, it's fun, challenging and actually has a good story unlike the standard campaign, but is it worth buying and/or playing this game just for this game-mode? No.
  71. Jul 1, 2015
    Então comprei na estreia bom , achando que ia ser bom , mais depois desse nunca mais vou gostar de cod como antes , podre demais , Infinity Ward podia vender o cod .-.
  72. Aug 12, 2015
    call of duty ghosts is yet another unwanted fetus that sledge hammer games has ripped out of its vagina and put inside of the game case and then you take it home and put in the disk trey. As you can expect call of duty ghosts has not even tried to improve on anything in the call of duty franchise and is just quick cash grab by sledge hammer. The story is short, boring, and a pain tocall of duty ghosts is yet another unwanted fetus that sledge hammer games has ripped out of its vagina and put inside of the game case and then you take it home and put in the disk trey. As you can expect call of duty ghosts has not even tried to improve on anything in the call of duty franchise and is just quick cash grab by sledge hammer. The story is short, boring, and a pain to play through and instead of focusing on making the game interesting they just wanted to focus on the dog character model cause the dog is the only interesting thing in the game. Multiplayer is the same so don't worry you can still listen to people call others **** or listen to little kids talk about how they had s e x with your mom and how they go positive in every game of team death match. Like i said the campaign is short and boring which i am glad because if i had to play through that any longer i would have went brain dead with its predictable story and its god awful dialogue that was most likely written by a the developers son who had down syndrome. Call of duty is like a cancer we have done nothing about it so it has spread and grown throughout gaming. I hope the call of duty fan boys are happy Expand
  73. Aug 25, 2015
    MY GOD Infinity Ward, what happened?! Have you given up?? I'm going to start with the single player campaign. The campaign is awful, the story is decent, but the delivery is awful, it feels like MW 2 because IT IS! They literally took cutscenes and changed voice clips and models. And the game's gameplay and story tie ins are bad, your literally spongebob or a living sheet of metal becauseMY GOD Infinity Ward, what happened?! Have you given up?? I'm going to start with the single player campaign. The campaign is awful, the story is decent, but the delivery is awful, it feels like MW 2 because IT IS! They literally took cutscenes and changed voice clips and models. And the game's gameplay and story tie ins are bad, your literally spongebob or a living sheet of metal because you take lots of damage, but you can be stopped by a revolver or explosion. And the ending is **** The main antagonist apparently can last a gun shoot to the heart and survive five minutes deep underwater, because that happens, and then he takes you hostage. Next is multiplayer... I hate multiplayer in Ghosts, there are too many over powered guns and the multiplayer feels the same besides character customization. And extinction mode feels like search and destroy with aliens and TF2's Man Vs Machines. Also the grafics are bad, they look like grafics from CoD World at War, and this is FIVE years after it, I'd have a better time playing Doom on SNES if I only cared about grafics. Your better off waiting for CoD Black Ops 3 or buying CoD Advanced Warfare than playing this broken down mess. Expand
  74. Oct 12, 2015
    Cod ghosts is best gahame best game best game!. It's my favour the Coll of duty game ever tso YouT shouldn get to it's really hood thanks bye bye haha
  75. Apr 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game fails... Campaign **** itself sideways, Multiplayer died, Story doesn't work & Gameplay is something so crap it disappoints me more than disappointment, this game angers me, I wish I was kidding, apart from that, nothing to say, it's the same boring **** again, GOODBYE! Expand
  76. Dec 4, 2016
    I played this game back when it first came out, during that time I was slowly moving towards PC gaming and away from the franchise, after this game came out that slow movement turned into a hard shove as this game completely destroyed my faith in the franchise, boring, unoriginal and terribly balanced, the best thing about this game is the campaign which even that is pretty terrible.
  77. Aug 1, 2017
    bueno,personalmente ya tengo un desprecio a la franquicia en si el unico motivo por el que tengo el juego es porque me vino con la consola y bueno es jodidamente aburrido y predecible graficos malos jugabilidad que parece calcada de los demas (cosa que no puedo confirmar porque solo juge a este pero he visto como son las mecanicas de los anteriores cod) una historia pesima un multijugadorbueno,personalmente ya tengo un desprecio a la franquicia en si el unico motivo por el que tengo el juego es porque me vino con la consola y bueno es jodidamente aburrido y predecible graficos malos jugabilidad que parece calcada de los demas (cosa que no puedo confirmar porque solo juge a este pero he visto como son las mecanicas de los anteriores cod) una historia pesima un multijugador que la verdad no puedo profundizar mucho en el pero que es entretenido hasta que simplemente me aburro todo esto ya es suficiente para que mi respeto que se gano con modern warfare pero decidi perdonarlo un poco y ver el modo zombies y me lleve la sorpresa de que fue sustituido con algo llamado "extincion" al principio pense que seria como el modo zombie pero con los modelos cambiados pero no es muy muy tedioso he jugado al modo zombis con unos amigos y era divertido pero aqui lograron arruinarlo con una mecanica terrible de mantener el taladro funcionando para avanzar y es necesario avanzar porque hay mas y mejores armas adelante y me tengo que aguantar la parte de proteger el taladro si quiero sobrevivir
    sobre la campaña es simplemente pobre es algo que los cod despues de black ops tienen casi por defecto no voy a dar spoiler por mala que sea la historia pero el final me parece terrible despues de terminarlo te dejan con un final abierto que tranquilamente pudieron poner un cartel que diga "secuela" y no importaría
    conclucion
    si te lo regalan vendelo y amergalé el dia a alguien mas

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.