2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2030 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is an absolute joke and a total rip off. Call of Duty has been the same exact game ever since Call of Duty 4 with an exception of World at War, welcome to Call of Duty 4.5. The game has used for the graphics engine for years now. The multiplayer has been dry and stale ever since black ops 1. Don`t even get me started on the 3 hour long campaign, its even worse than previousThis game is an absolute joke and a total rip off. Call of Duty has been the same exact game ever since Call of Duty 4 with an exception of World at War, welcome to Call of Duty 4.5. The game has used for the graphics engine for years now. The multiplayer has been dry and stale ever since black ops 1. Don`t even get me started on the 3 hour long campaign, its even worse than previous games. Call of Duty Ghosts should have just been a map pack for $20 and not a completely new release with a $60 price tag. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    They have removed search and destroy from the public lobbies and replaced it with some lame dog tag variant. Original search and destroy is now ONLY avaliable in private matches! I now have no reason to play this game.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is more or less the exact same thing as last year. The same boring, obvious campaign setting. The multiplayer being the online aspect of the game I used to enjoy has been lost, following the result there is no longer the gamemode "Search and Destroy" on the public lobbies list.

I'm sorry, but this time you really did screw things up. Paying the critics wasn't worth it this time Call Of Duty.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    My review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect of the game. I did not buy the game for the campaign. This is by far the worst in the series. Game has been getting progressively worse since the first black ops game. The dedicated servers they added do nothing to combat the over blown lag compensation the game has that severely punishes those with good connections and low ping. Having aMy review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect of the game. I did not buy the game for the campaign. This is by far the worst in the series. Game has been getting progressively worse since the first black ops game. The dedicated servers they added do nothing to combat the over blown lag compensation the game has that severely punishes those with good connections and low ping. Having a low ping puts you about a half second behind all players in the game. You also die in this game with absolutely no time to react which I credit 100% to the messed up lag compensation.
    I went into the call of duty community forums to discuss my displeasure with the game and within minutes my post was taken down by a moderator. The forums are being flushed of negative comments to help sell a few extra games which is completely disgusting to me.
    The textures, skins and graphics in the game are recycled from past COD games. It seems like a very lazy made game with tons of copy and paste stuff from previous COD games. This game will quite possibly go down in history as one of the worst games ever made.
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    I can't for the everliving understand why people continue to act like call of duty is this new game every time it comes out. It still has a Playstation 2 level graphics engine, the game play is terrible beyond human comprehension, it has absolutely NOTHING going for it and yet people act like it's a been a 6 year anticipated release. It looks exactly the same as the game you bought lastI can't for the everliving understand why people continue to act like call of duty is this new game every time it comes out. It still has a Playstation 2 level graphics engine, the game play is terrible beyond human comprehension, it has absolutely NOTHING going for it and yet people act like it's a been a 6 year anticipated release. It looks exactly the same as the game you bought last year it's literally like buying a new WWE game or NBA game NOTHING HAS CHANGED! It still looks like it did 4 years ago. not to mention from what I've seen looks like it has THE EXACT SAME STORY PLOT as it had since modern 2 "durr attack on the united states because we have encountered a terrorist hundreds of times and every single time he managed to outsmart us because we can't just shoot him on the spot so now he's destroying America" It's sincerely a ****ing heaping pile of steamy that gets bigger with every single brainless purchaser. I've no reason to purchase this game since I own all the others and I'll let you know why. Every 7 months down the road I have obtained these tier games from gamestop dumpsters or from my friends. All in which have been scratched up bad to make the game not work anymore and not able to be played. In which case, I rent the game from family video and install the working game on my harddrive. Child's play quite honestly. But as I was saying I don't need to purchase this game to give it a rating as I have seen it myself this game NEVER OFFERS that makes it a good game. Just new weapons and attachments THAT'S ALL YOU GET EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's ****ing BRAINLESS and the fact this tier video game series is still continuing is MIND BOGGLING. That's all I have to say you go and blow 60 dollars on what has quite honestly become the same as the WWE games. Expand
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    horrible game, still the same concept, the story is stupid, the script is cheesy, the gameplay is awkward and the multiplayer is all the same with all the kids...
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 theOk I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 the hottest game out tried vegas it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh guess I'll go back to battlefield of ghost recon Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible...Got it today was totally disappointed. It is an exact copy of Black ops 2.
    Graphics:Same (1)
    Gameplay: A little Different (1)
    Overall:1
    I should have expected this. COD is never different and probably never will change.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    It's basically a 60+$ DLC for COD 4. Same mass appealing, easy run and gun shooter as every year only with different guns and maps.

Stop supporting this joke of a franchise.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty is really bad these days. Rather than putting a new Call of Duty out every year, maybe spent some more time building them? Really have not got anything good to say about this one.
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    When will they finally let this series die? It's been the same game rehashed for the past 6-7 years now and people still keep buying it. Either Treyarch are geniuses or were all idiots. Probably both.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars. When will people ever learn?

When will people ever learn? Call of Duty is over-rated garbage.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player is worse than Blackops and multi player is the same old but with a few game modes nothing really new. It's a lot like transformers movies if you can turn your brain "off" you could have fun but for a full priced game I expect something better than the previous CoD.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    the maps being fking huge with no ground war, demolition, and SnD is what ultimately killed this game for me (ie: Removal of staple and popular game modes.) Not only that, but with the overly large size of the maps and only being able to play 6v6 blatantly demonstrates that stupid people do exist. The fact that the servers were crashing all day on lauch didn't help either.

tl;dr: don't

tl;dr: don't buy this game.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please.Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please. Buy battlefield 4 or something. Its atleast better than this trash Expand
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should haveCall of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should have learned my lesson before. Expand
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Como siempre Activision vuelve a dar por culo a los jugadores con una puta basura de mierda genérica y sin inspiración alguna. La campaña es aburrida, el multijugador tiene menos cosas que el del BO II y aun por encima esta minado con bugs hasta las trancas. Que le jodan a Activsion, Infinity Ward y toda esa chusma que no hacen más que joder la industria del videojuego.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    wasting money for the same crap? again? Don't do it. All of the "new" features are things that should have been implemented a long time ago, and that other games have had for ages. All these new things aren't inovations at all and the game feels like the same thing while at the same time trying hard to acompany others by stealing from them poorly
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    This franchise is literally destroying the gaming industry. It has alot to answer for. Its popularity amongst the mass of idiots out there (who cant see that it is the same game since 2006 rehashed) has led to games now trying to compete with it and an overall dumbing down in releases. Halo, Battlefield (and others) have all changed to appeal to the CoD casual idiots in an attempt to gainThis franchise is literally destroying the gaming industry. It has alot to answer for. Its popularity amongst the mass of idiots out there (who cant see that it is the same game since 2006 rehashed) has led to games now trying to compete with it and an overall dumbing down in releases. Halo, Battlefield (and others) have all changed to appeal to the CoD casual idiots in an attempt to gain revenue. Why am i wasting my time here, we all know it's happening. Half Life 3 will either never be released or it will have care packages too! Expand
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty gets a lot of flak for being too samey but this is a literal carbon copy of the last 2 games. Its hard to play this for 5 minutes without feeling like you are playing a previous title in the series. Shame on you infinity ward.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    It amazes me how the name "Call of Duty" can instantly earn billions of dollars. This franchise is going completely down the drain for the intelligent gamers. For the rest, its great for them because its the same old garbage. This game is called "Ghosts" for one reason: Its hiding from the fact that its the same game every single year!
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    same as the million other call of duty games. might as well start on with the Madden naming system...Call of Duty 13....Call of Duty 14....maybe next years will have some innovation
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    The same game rehashed year after year with bringing nothing new to the table. Gamers deserve better and with lazy developers unwilling to push their own boundary's of the game you will continue to see the same crap year after year.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    I finished single player in 3 hours and the story is really stupid.
    Please guys don't buy it if you don't want to spend 70$ in the toilete.Multiplayer it isn't funny and tired early.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    The campaign is boring and like 3 hours long.

They ruined multiplayer by making search n destroy a respawn game mode. The whole point of search n destroy is one life per round that's what made it intense and different. The new game modes they added are garbage in place of good modes like demolition, headquarters and ground war. This franchise keeps changing in all the wrong places,
    The campaign is boring and like 3 hours long.

This franchise keeps changing in all the wrong places, and its no wonder fans are turning elsewhere.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    Black Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spotsBlack Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spots than ever before. Absolute disappointment. Expand
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience,

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.