2.4

1. Nov 6, 2013
    I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually... when I think about it is exactly the same as MW1 and even CoD1, just with a slightly different story and setting. OMG they've been selling me the same game for the past 10 years!!!! WTF?! i'm a complete sheep and dumb ass!!! What was I thinking? Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics. Avoid, even if you are a die hard COd fan. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    Ghosts is disappointing because it doesn’t fix the myriad of problems that have plagued COD for the last several games. Its predecessor, Black Ops 2, is a horribly imbalanced game that failed to accomplish the one thing Treyarch promised would be emphasized: teamwork. Low incentives to achieve goals inevitably led to lone wolf behavior. The waves of insanely overpowered scorestreaks brutalized average gamers. Snipers run around the maps quickscoping while people with smg’s camp and snipe. However, Black Ops 2 delivers fun and frantic gameplay that rewards players for sticking it out.
    Is Ghosts better than Blops 2? No. Infinity Ward addresses some of the balance issues. Score streaks have been nerfed (well partially). The improved hit detection is INSANE. On the downside, health is low. So players kill quick and die quicker. Average gamers and COD newbies will not have the reaction time necessary to respond to incoming fire. So if you don’t fire first, game over. Blops 2 was more forgiving. Blame it on lag, but I like having the opportunity to evade fire. Not here. Expect to see the kill cam without knowing bullets were coming.
    Weapons balance is still off. Shotguns are a joke. The range and spread damage is the worst and most inconsistent I’ve seen. C4 has virtually no splash damage and will not always detonate, so don’t rely on it in a crunch. SMG’s spit out rounds fast, but lose all their teeth at midrange shots. On the flipside, assault rifles possess extreme stopping power and range. Other than sniper rifles, assault rifles trump all other guns at any range. LMG’s have large clips, but they have no other advantages which renders them useless. Knifing lunging is back!! In close combat don’t shoot. KNIFE KNIFE KNIFE!! Players who knife lunge are invincible. So just accept it and die with dignity. Or rage because knife lunging is freaking ridiculous. Like Blops 2, map design and poor weapon balance has once again led to the emergence of only 2 preferred weapon classes. In this game its assault and sniper.
    The upgrade system is different, but not innovative. Players can unlock guns and perks as soon as they have the points to do so. No more waiting until level 55 to unlock a favorite weapon. Play a few rounds, earn “squad points”, and unlock it. I like this, but COD loyalists’ opinions are mixed because it reduces the need to rank up. Except for a handful of perks, most are superfluous and don’t provide enough tactical advantages.
    The large maps are another point of contention. Compared to Blops 2, these maps are huge. But they aren’t strategic and lack choke points. So expect to be shot or stabbed in the back—a lot. Spawn points aren't randomized, so spawn deaths are already ruining the fun. I’ve already spawned on IED’s and been sniped multiple times by the same players who’ve memorized spawn points. Oh yeah, people I’ve just shot spawning directly behind me isn’t fun either. The 6 on 6 matches are entirely too small. Games regularly timeout before all objectives are complete. Camping is rampant. At least 8 on 8 is necessary for the larger maps. Players can run around for several minutes without glimpsing a single baddie. Developers say that current gen systems simply can’t handle larger matches. Xbox One and PS4 will have larger lobbies which will hopefully speed up the tempo. PS3 and Xbox 360 are just SOL.
    The scorestreaks are more ground based and none seem insanely overpowered except the companion dog. It’s unlocked at low score levels and the benefit lasts too long. Dogs will not go away even if their masters are killed several times. So a dog can remain alive for an entire match. Also, the dogs seem to endure 4-6 times the damage of combatants before dying and they suffer no splash damage from lethals. Their high health and persistence is irritating. They kill instantly too. I don’t see how this is any different than a combat drone or VTOL warship.It adds nothing but frustration to the game because it’s merely a different overkill killstreak.
    My biggest complaint is Ghosts’ graphics. The game textures are washed out and game elements are hard to see. Gamers will be shot by someone standing directly in front of them or bump into enemies without noticing. Traps are also hard to discern. Some maps are worse than others. Infinity Ward wanted the environments to look “real”, but the limitations on the 360 and PS3 are just too obvious. Textures look bad, colors are muted, and aliasing is painfully noticeable. Blops 2 has an arcady look, but the visuals are crisp and sharp. Seeing cloaked players on Crysis multiplayer is easier than spotting a camped sniper on Ghosts.
    The campaign is typical COD fare. But I’ve seen it all before. Literally, some of the scenes have been ripped straight from previous COD installments. The squads mode is a confused attempt to "push" multiplayer someplace new. Extinction is OK, but brief.
    Ghosts is merely an obligation to meet a yearly deadline. Pass on this game.
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    It not amazing, but its not good either. Although it is the same thing game play wise, there are enough changes behind the scenes that let me have fun with it and try something new. But they made the maps bigger, and let you play with less people. 12 is now the max amount of players you can play with because modes like Ground War are gone along with S&D. The destruction isn't even noticeable in MP and it could have been taken out of the game because I haven't seen anything happen at all yet. The campaign is much less condeluded as previous installments and although it rips off Red Dawn and Modern Warfare 2, its a breath of freash are to go into a new story not held down by previous installments. Its stupid as hell, but i enjoyed it. I honestly havent played extinction and dont really plan on doing it soon so dont ask me about that. But over all I would give it a low 50/100. Nothing spectacular and will definitely giving something for fans to do, but you can tell CoD is at the end of its life. I'll be interested to see what finally knocks it off the top in the genre. (Hopefully Titanfall of Battlefront :D Expand
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    Ahh, the annual Call Of Duty. I was really hoping that somehow, the folks at Infinity Ward were telling the truth when they said they were doing something brave and not making Modern Warfare 4.
    I can safely inform you that that was a load of bollocks and in everything from the outdated graphics to the recycled themes and cutscenes, CoD: Ghost carries little to no merit as we enter an all
    new generation of games.

The story follows poor old America, who this time is not invading some third world country in an annual death squad hunt, but rather finds itself in ruins from a large scale attack from you guessed it the clearly resource rich South America. The premise of this near post apocalyptic future was one of the few redeeming factors of the game, but because the details of why it all took place in the first place are so vague, there is near to no driving force behind why you have to set out on this mission, and so it becomes yet another mindless shooter where you and your awfully programmed AI bros, face off against even dumber AI terrorists.
    Save for the Trophies/Achievements, the campaign warrants an hour of so of your time to decide for yourself whether you want to finish it or not. Of course story is not why hundreds of thousands of gamer-bros around the world buy CoD every year. Oh no, the reason to slap another sixty dollars down would be for the majority in the games multiplayer.

Despite disliking my experience of the most part, I cannot deny a smidgen of merit in this department. There is fun to be had, and I must commend Infinity Ward for their work in the map design department.
    That being said, this is still the same monotonous "spawn-die-spawn-kill-die" formula that has been present in the last few games.
    I fail to see the point of it even existing when the only hope you have of killing any opposing player is if you were to see them first, and even then, I was constantly outraged by how I would shoot first, and then randomly die. Upon viewing the returning "KillCam" if shows the person that killed me shoot first, thus proving the return of the infamous "Lag-Comp". Introduced in Black Ops 2, with the intention of giving players with varying internet connections similar experiences, it makes gameplay extremely bloody irritating.
    The "Redefined Multiplayer" that can be quoted from the back of the CoD: Ghosts packaging is merely a way of trying to make us believe that by adding a ton of perks, and slightly altering the "Pick 10" system in BO2, that they are truly changing the playing fields. But this does not alter the already dreadful experience, that offers zero accessibility to newcomers at all.

A gimmick of a wave mode has been implemented and is titled "Extinction". It sees you and your gallant force of bro American soldiers duke it out with, you guessed it, aliens. A L I E N S. Have we resorted to picking new modes out of a hat filled with ideas people at Infinity Ward came up with at drunken parties celebrating the incomprehensible success of their last game? I mean, ****
    And if you hadn't guessed, the mode itself is ****

I had hoped that we would have seen Call Of Duty thrive and die on this generation of consoles, but there is the worrying idea that that may not be the case.
    For fans of the series, what people with constructive views say does not matter, because you've already bought it. For others, stay away. In a sea of exciting new IP's, amazing re-imaginings of existing franchises, and all new consoles, CoD: Ghosts fits into the corner of games that will hopefully soon be swept under the rug and forgotten about, as the future of gaming is far to bright to be snuffed out by rubbish such as this.

Jack Valentine
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    You people giving the game tens and nines are ridiculous. Stop kidding yourselves. If you played the first COD, you played all of them. Nothing new to see here.
  7. Apr 8, 2014
    Es un CoD mas de lo mismo, algunas cosas novedosas, pero son muy pocas, un motor grafico que es ya algo desfasado, un ritmo un poco lento comparado con otro CoD, pese a todo es un buen shooter, pero que tarde o temprano aburre.
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    This review will be based off the multi player proportion of the game. Also, keep in mind I have played all the other games since Cod 4 on a daily basis.
    Negatives:
    To be honest, it is the same game as all the others ones. Many of the guns, map layouts, and ideas are exactly the same as its predecessor. A big portion of the problem is the creativity. The maps are all generic and boring.
    I never had a couple of maps I actually enjoyed. Only one or two actually appealed to me at least. I can only have small hours of game time cause of how bored and usual it got. It felt like I already played this... Luckily, I rented the game.

Positives:
    Gunplay feels simple
    Interesting new modes
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  10. Nov 26, 2013
    Fanboys,can you buy another game please?
    you are giving money to a stupid company of videogame
    OK,we are TALKING ABOUT A NEXT GEN VIDEOGAME
    can you have more imagination or more innovation CRAPTIVITION??!!!
    I HATE YOU!
    the same gameplay,the same campaign,the multiplayer
  11. Nov 14, 2013
    Essentially the same game as the last ~3 iterations. This is in itself not bad, but there are some things that do not make this game worthwhile:
    - the single player campaign is even shorter (and partly cut-n-pasted from the last games)
    - It requires a monster PC to run smootly, even though it looks worse than the last titles
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    There's no really much to say. The story is centered around "Regular war! Incident! Big threat to America! Bullet-time kill of enemy!" The gameplay has no innovative properties. The only thing that has seemed to improve was the graphics, and probably the only thing stopping me from giving this a hard 0 is the fact that I can't say I'm surprised. Seriously. I don't know how they keep getting away with this. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    Its a Call of Duty game... Somewhat compelling SP, same multi player with few good maps and game modes and a alien mode that (rips off aspects of other games and past COD ideas) brings me back to playing Payday:The Heist and Payday 2 with that pesky drill you always have to reset... It reminded me of MW3 instantly on the second story mission. I'm sad that a wasted money on this game and sad that i thought that this game could change Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm a hardcore CoD gamer that loves to compete to be the best, but with all these new "innovations" it has become impossible to get more than one kill without dying. Its an endless cycle; you run around, kill, get killed, then run around kill and get killed some more. The only way to get a +1,5 k/d is by camping, but I don't have time to waste my life hiding in a corner. This game just doesn't require skill anymore.
    I was also very disappointed with the "customize your soldier", I was expecting something along the lines of rainbow six ,but it was more like GTA 4's customization options; barely anything to choose from.
    My major complaint though is the removal of Search and Destroy from pub games, I used to love playing Search and Destroy with my team, now its been replaced by this stupid search and kill confirm game type.
    The series sure went down hill after they fired West and Zampella. MW2 was a masterpiece, after that, it was the same call of duty trash. The series has officially died for me. Time to move on. Looking forward to Titan fall, which IMO is the true successor to MW2.
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    For a game written by a Hollywood writer you could have fooled me into thinking it was written one from any other Call of Duty game. There is a sever lack of innovation for almost all aspects of this game. You can introduce as many new game modes as you want but in the end the basic CoD formula, the one that has been the same over the past 6 years still stays strong, problem is it got old only 2 games later. For a game that in the previews boasted new engine graphics this, new dynamic events that, they were minimal, pitiful and a little to late. It irritates me how much hype and "praise" this game gets year after year when it seriously is only a small deviation from the last installment. Expand
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    Why not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly the first and final missions but it's forgettable for the most part. The use of Riley, the dog, really was exclusive to just a couple of missions which was a disappointment due to how fun his parts are. My main gripe with the game is its multiplayer. Not sure why but Hardpoint, Headquarters, Theater Mode, and Search and Destroy are gone. The maps are also pretty big and a bit complicated... too many rooms, too much space for a 6v6 battle. Playing Ground War might have been a solution but even that is gone. Killstreaks has replaced scorestreaks as well which for me is a big step down. This game really just makes me want to play Black Ops 2 again. I'd recommend people to rent it before deciding to buy it or not. Expand
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks... and Infinity Ward didn't even try.

You either hate it or love it, there's no in-between with Call of Duty. First of is it a good game? No, but is it a bad game? Yeah, kinda. On it's own it's a decent game but when it's part of a franchise like Call of Duty it just feels lazy. The game is something it shouldn't be; a generic FPS.

There are
    three main components of COD: Ghosts is the story, the multiplayer and it's 'zombies' mode which this time is aliens...

In the single player story you get what'd you'd expect from it an eight hour story play through filled with clichés and Michael Bay moments. The story is set in an alternate timeline that follows the nuclear destruction of the Middle East. The oil-producing nations of South America form the Federation in response to the ensuing global economic crisis and quickly grow into a global superpower, swiftly invading and conquering Central America and the Caribbean. Now, North America has been destroyed and you are part of the Ghosts, the super heroic secret army of the North. That's it really and your mission is to hijack the ODIN to destroy the Federation, just a massive cliché really. Oh and you get a dog.

But people don't play COD for the single player right? They play for the 'amazing' multiplayer! Yet it all seems the same just different maps, guns and sounds... The newest feature is the squad mode which in all honesty isn't bad but not enough to make it the game good. The multiplayer hasn't changed much since MW2, you can change your class add killstreaks, deathstreaks etc etc if you've played any previous Call of Dutys then you know what to expect. The extension mode is zombies but with aliens, yeah that's about it. You defend the base against a wave of enemies and you buy new guns throughout, so yeah zombies but with Aliens. Revolutionary!

COD Ghosts is a let down and that's putting it lightly. As a fan of the original Call of Duty it's sad how far it's fell. If you've played previous Call of Duty's you know what to expect from Ghosts. This game barely deserves the 4 I give it.

Good Points:
    None.

Bad Points:
    Recycled material throughout the game
    Repetitive Gameplay
    Nothing new compared to previous Call of Dutys
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    Not good enough. Single Player was very bland, rushed and in some areas confusing. I noticed a good deal of the motion capture was reused from previous CoD games which most of the time is fine, but to use the ending of MW2 and paste it into Ghosts as it was is downright lazy. Extinction is a poor take on Zombies. I haven't played Multiplayer online as of yet but I don't think I'll be venturing onto it soon. Expand
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    Graphics: One of the uglier COD's. Gameplay: about the same, the slide feature is neat. The spawn system is very much broken. Campaign: Didnt play, whats the point? Overall: Not worth 60 bucks.
  20. Nov 10, 2013
    Honestly, this game isn't TOO bad. However, the main problem with it is the similarity. It feels like they copy pasted MW3. The campaign was generic and the same. The multi-player felt identical. Some of the game modes were not fun, (cracked being the best example), and extinction isn't nearly as fun as zombies. Many of the weapons feel overpowered, like the Remington, and many under powered, like the Honey Badger. However, I did have a little fun playing the multiplayer, it still isn't good. CoD fanboys will probably enjoy it, but not the average gamer. Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2013
    When I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down to hell with any potential it may have had. 4/10 and no more. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a game that you can have fun and play with your friends, but it gets old quickly. The campaign is one that actually keeps you on your seat with the fun interactive, stealth missions, and its entertaining although it gets dangerously similar to its predecessors.

But that is what Infinity Ward and Treyarch are good at... remaking each and every one of their games.
    Especially when it comes to Multiplayer. Every Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare has the same structure. Guns are extremely similar, killstreaks change but are still quite the same (How many times has a predator missile type killstreak been in the game?), the maps always consist of run down buildings, malls, villages, cities, etc. The clever, crafty thing they do is name the guns, killstreaks, maps, attachments, different! Clever, clever. Buying this game and any future Call of Duty game would be like buying a remake with a campaign with different people. I begin to wonder if they just copy and paste their code. Expand
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    Plz Infinity ward back to world war II, ur new titles of cod its so bad =T Srry moidroog no luck for ur... You should stop doing these repetitive multiplayer modes, and make a coop mode style cod 5, cod when I play, I like the way that the story mode is, an coop mode over worked would be a good thing in a new call of duty.
  24. Nov 17, 2013
    Game isnt good at all, I have been play CoD since modern warfare 4, its just not the same anymore they change the game to much because people cry about everything the respawns are just horrible I cant survive for more then 2 seconds without getting shot from behind
  25. Nov 18, 2013
    At this point, is anyone surprised this is just more of the same? I mean come on, they haven't done anything innovative in COD since at least COD4, maybe MW2...

The gameplay is what you would expect, the multiplayer feels like a tweaked DLC for MW3, and the immense extremely amazing graphics we were promised are lackluster at best, even on PS4. There are no real game breaking glitches
    or bugs, but that doesn't make up for the obvious lack of creativity seen in practically every aspect of this game. Even the Extinction mode is based off of the zombies idea Treyarch made famous 5 years ago...

Honestly, I don't even understand why people pay money for this anymore. Is it fun? Yes... for a while. Not the campaign, I wouldn't even recommend that. But the multiplayer is the same kind of fast paced, arcade-ish deal you all know and love/hate. Eventually, it just turns into the same game you paid $60 for the previous year.

Infinity Ward and Treyarch really need to either start thinking of different ideas, or fire their creative team, because this one-trick pony "if it ain't broke don't fix it" business plan may fool some of the more simple minded gamers, but its worn off with me...
  26. Nov 26, 2013
    Individually I think this game deserves a 6 but considering the fact that this is already the best selling title on both ps4 and xbox one it only deserves a 4. The main problem with this game (as with almost all other C.O.D titles) is lack of innovation. Look at what I consider a proper sequel like Borderlands 2 they added over twice as many guns, a much bigger gameworld, new classes and BADASS POINTS and that's just to name a few innovations. On the other hand call of duty ghosts gets rid of as much as it adds (no zombies) and makes 1/3 of its game squads mode a complete waste of time. Honestly I have never been a huge C.O.D fan but this is sad considering that this game is the start of the next generation of call of duty. From the previous paragraph this game deserves about a 5 considering it still delivers a passable amount of content. The reason I'm giving it a 4 is because they refuse to address previous C.O.D game's weapon balance issues which effectively makes multiplayer broken. Overall don't buy this game because friends have it and if you do wait for the price to drop 60$ is far to much to pay for this slightly tweaked remake of Call of duty black ops 2. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2013
    one day i was sitting down playing black ops and my brother had told me "why do you still play that game" i asked him why its and he" said don't u think it is still the same as the others"and i realized holy he is right they don't add a dynamic change in game play the engine is still the same the story in the games has been getting worse ever since modern warfare 3 and the dogs are broken as why in the hell would they be stronger than a juggernaut this company just keep's on spitting out dirt and only people who understand that this game has not changed a bit are the only ones that are not gonna regret their lives Expand
  28. Dec 7, 2013
    Call of Duty has had the entire First-Person Shooter genre in the palm of its hand for some time now, and with that power, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have been active in making sure the biggest FPS franchise stagnates the industry. The single player campaign is nothing but a string of toys that you use once and then is yanked away from the player. The multiplayer could be interchanged with any other CoD game and I wouldn't be able to tell, apart from the font of the U.I.. When font is the defining feature that makes your game 'stand out', we're in trouble. Was it entertaining? At times. But, there are many more fulfilling gaming experiences than staring at a bunch of xenophobic white dudes circle-jerk around a bunch of guns. Expand
  29. Dec 17, 2013
    Although recent CoD games have delivered the wonderful experience warfare to our own homes, this game failed to give the signature gameplay that Call of Duty creators have given us before. Of course, the game delivers an exhilarating campaign, but I was more interested with the multiplayer. Like always, they give us the old, same multiplayer that somehow gets players to get excited over it every time. You go bang bang, okay, he's dead, or, okay, captured that place. I want something new, something to reimagine the CoD experience. I want a different game. Expand
  30. Dec 28, 2013
    So i picked up the new "Call of Duty" title the other day expecting "A redesigned engine and multiplayer" just like IW promised. And what did I find that was new and actually good?

NOTHING

Seriously, the game is just a copy and paste of past IW Call of Duty games. Same backdrops on maps, same engine, and same everything. This makes the multiplayer boring after 5 minutes, as its the
    same freaking thing as last time!

Do yourself a favor and go buy Battlefield 4, its so much better than COD this year.
  31. Jan 2, 2014
    I felt very let down by this game. The build up for it was great and the marketing campaign phenomenal. However, the final product was incredibly sub-par. Yes, the improvement in graphics and minor aspects of gameplay are noticeable; however, besides an anticlimactic campaign with a frustrating ending, the multiplayer leaves much to be desired. It is a redo of previous COD games and it fails to deliver anything original. I compare it to going to watch the new Transformers movie knowing you are going to get 76% the same scenes and storyline. I played the game for 1 week and then took it to Gamestop for some in-store credit. Hopefully Activision can deliver something original next time. Expand
  32. Jan 2, 2014
    I'm not saying "COD: Ghosts" is the worst game out there, belive me there is worse. But COD is just the same game over and over and over again, every year. I have to give them credit on Graphics and some gameplay aspects. But if you got previous COD games, you do not need Ghosts
  33. Feb 10, 2014
    I had to change my review after playing it more. After a few months., they have finally added Gun Game and Search and Destroy. Storyline is mediocre at best. Graphics look like COD 4 which is outdated and had only put effort to the dog and fish. Extinction is just some half assed crap.. Welcome to COD 4.5
  34. Feb 2, 2014
    There was nothing new in the game. Its basically same old shoot, hide and run. No great cutscenes, no eye catching graphic views and even story is below par. Black ops 1 & 2 had much more gripping storyline and a variety in gameplay. the graphics made me think if we really are in 2014.
    Bottomline - Singleplayer campaign is just recycled ****
    Multiplayer - Have not tried it yet.
    In the
    end all I can say it wasnt worth the hype and the wait that I had to get my hands on the game!!! Expand
  35. Feb 7, 2014
    Pros: Extinction mode is a nice addition. New point based class system really allows you to customize your loadout to your playstyle. Graphics best so far in the series. It's still basically the same old COD.

Cons: Campaign is very short and unremarkable. In multiplayer, matchmaking, lag compensation and lack of dedicated servers (there's a few dedicated servers up but it's mostly
    still the same crappy player-hosted system) make your multiplayer experience vary from good to unplayable. The connection bars were removed so you can't tell how bad your connection is before the game starts (although once the shooting starts you find out pretty quickly what kind of connection you have if you start seeing people warping around and your shots don't register) Maps and spawn location are not very good, you often will get opponents spawning extremely close to you, I've seen many times where the enemy spawns and they are basically lined up right with you and just have to pull the trigger. Killstreaks are uninspiring. It's still basically the same old COD. Expand
  36. Mar 11, 2014
    what can i say COD is DANGER close to being forgotten in the gaming community. its the same content every time and people are starting to notice it is. there's not much to say about it really, but what i can say is this... worth a rental only, multiplayer in my opinion is best played offline, the story is rather disappointing maybe the story might get better towards the end. but what i got out of the story so far its a let down. Expand
  37. Jan 6, 2014
    Users write the worst things about this game, and its true. Multiplayer is the worst experience you can get out of 60 bucks. Spare your money!

Cod MW should get better with each release, but its only a money making thing of the companies behind it., in fact its getting more with each release. I really hope there is another company with better ideas to make fun out of this genre.

The
    "professional reviews" are great, but the user scores show the truth.... Expand
  38. Jan 4, 2014
    Laughably terrible. I find it funny how Infinity Ward started the franchise and now Treyarch is the top dog when it comes to the new COD games. Let Treyarch take over the Production of COD games. Infinity Ward is the laughing stock of the video game industry. Same game every year just with more BS in the multiplayer.
  39. Nov 13, 2013
    NOTE: This review is for the campaign ONLY. My LIVE subscription ran out.

I did not like the campaign because it committed one very big crime. It wasn't that the story had the tone of a B Movie plot. It wasn't that it painted the US as being victimized (really!? The US makes a WMD and it's only bad if the Latinos use it? Come on!) and it wasn't even because the game uses the same old
    'follow the leader linear path' formula that COD always uses (surprise, surprise).

No, its biggest, worst crime, is that it is BORING.

Say what you will about the previous games, but they knew how to make a campaign. They had great pacing and great action. Always kept me interested. This campaign has NONE of that.

For a start its storyline was REALLY bad. I mean, I was expecting a B-Grade Action Movie plot from Call of Duty, but this was terrible even by those standards. Firstly, I rarely had an idea of what was going, or even what anyone's motivations were. The Federation? Who were they why did they do what they do? I sure as hell didn't know! Secondly, is that I wasn't able to give two damns about ANYONE in the story. The Ghosts have the personality of robots, everyone had bored voice actors, and all this talk about them being of almost supernatural background comes off as really dull. Like a grandad trying to spook an adult with a kids story. As for Rorke, he comes off as being an unreasonable dick rather than as this badass Spec Ops version of Bane (You'll know which level I refer to). And thirdly, is that the story is disjointed. We jump from the Jungle to the arctic to Fricken SPACE with little to no explanation. For all the talk about the US being on the defensive, you're never given that impression from the amount of hardware the army always fields. While invading Chile.

The sound design is also just plain terrible. There's hardly ANY music ANYWHERE. I only realize it now, but the lack of music really drains any drama out of the scene. It's incredibly dull as a result (the helicopter level is a good example of this).

But surely the gameplay, while still unchanged, still makes it a fun experience? Wrong. It's just plain dull. There's no intensity, no hooks, no drama. You're given all these cool toys, but they only last as a one mission gimmick. There's two vehicle levels, but they're poorly designed. And to make matters worse, all of the cool stuff introduced in Black Ops 2, like branching storylines, the ability to pick loadouts and the more interesting level design is gone, with nothing new to replace them with.

And finally, even the big set piece moments suffer. I'll admit that there were two, maybe three levels that were pretty cool (including a mountain base raid involving disguises and a level with an arctic oil platform) but everything else is, well... ordinary. There's the level where you command drones, there's the level where you shoot from the back of a moving car, there's the one in which you push back an enemy army. It's all stuff we've done before, with little in the way to revive it.

Overall, I hate Call of Duty Ghosts not because it's the same old crap. I hate Call of Duty Ghosts because it is WORSE than the same old crap. It feels like a massive step backwards, a sign that Infinity Ward is bankrupt of ideas, and is now rehashing old crap in an effort to make a yearly release for the franchise (seriously, they ripped off a scene from the Dark Knight Rises. And although the series has always taken scenes from old action movies, to take a scene from something released so recently feels different). The Call of Duty series may have always had the same tired formula, but it has always had the same solid level of quality propping that up. Now even that is gone.
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player is worse than Blackops and multi player is the same old but with a few game modes nothing really new. It's a lot like transformers movies if you can turn your brain "off" you could have fun but for a full priced game I expect something better than the previous CoD.
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  42. Nov 17, 2013
    I wouldn't say this game deserves a 0 but i can't give it more than 3 because, as many people said, this franchise just seems to try to do worst on each new episode, but though i liked black ops 2 thanks to its zombie mode (until the last scene in Origins that was a low blow, thanks Treyarch), here there's nothing to bring hide behind or to lure people into. The game (though being the most beautiful of the franchise) isn't at the expected level, and when you think of how much money the game brings to Activision, it shows how thoughtful they are towards their consumers. But above all the game just remixes previous scenes (from call of but even other franchises such as Uncharted or Battlefield...) and does it worse than the originals; and that's not the dog or the alien mode that will bring interest in the bad game. The online is so conventional when you've played previous episodes that i don't see anything of value with this exhausted franchise anymore. But they are right to act like this, the game still sells so why would they bother try to make something good when not needed. Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2013
    I've enjoyed every single CoD game I've played, from Cod 4 all the way to black ops two. This however is the sole exception to those feelings. The map designs are decent but the graphics actually make them worse. The class system is overcomplicated for absolutely no benefit to it and so is the ranking system. There's no real revolutionary guns, theres no crazy setting for any of the maps, theres absolutely nothing special about this game. At all. As one reviewer put it: I'd rather play black ops 2. By far the worst of the series. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2013
    I am sick of Game reviewers such as IGN Rating this game High scores. This piece of is just a recycled version of MW3. Graphics look bad even on PC! Ultra 1080p still makes it look bad. the multiplayer is still garbage The guns still sound like plastic BB guns. lag, The campaign is stupid and boring and there's a brand new Extinction mode which lets you play against Aliens! how stupid is that! this comes down to a Milking of a dead Cow. Its like they only focused on making the dog look good in missions than working on the pile of crap! this Goddamn game better be the last "Call of Dogs" game Infinity Ward ever makes. Expand
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Cod needs to die. I havent bought the last 3 but ive still played them stop buying and maybe they'll change the game until then Just do yourself a big favor and get battlefield 4
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    The same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. Hearing gunshots, explosions and just hearing things like metal clanking is all but a annoyance. The multiplier is the same old, People think the MP is new and improved when really it is just an attempt to cover up an old style that worked in the past, but now they have the new game modes that are a "new" innovation to the MP when really people just prefer the old classics such as SnD, that's right they took out SnD and replaced it with Dog-tags. When you die you leave a Dog-tag on the spot you died, if a teammate picks it up you respawn, if an enemy pick it up you will repsawn next round. If you hated the Black Ops purchasing system, well then, Welcome to you worst nightmare. You purchase everything with Squad Points (SP) When you have enough SP to purchase a Create-a-Class you have to go grind away again to get the things you want. So now people can buy their superman class without using skill to get it. Multiplier still has the bad and unpredictable respawn issues, Rubber Banding which means there is still P2P and no Dedicated Servers. Seems to me that SMG's have been nerfed down to do the same power as a $2 water gun while Snipers are like the Tsar bomb hitting you in the face. People like to see bad reviews and assume these people just hate CoD. Some of that is true but in this CoD you really start to see the final downfall and see that the series has been well long over due. They think they are still the kings when in reality, their just sinking into the big black hole they created years ago. If you like CoD then you will buy it but let me warn you buy saying if your not a major CoD fanboy then you will be disappointed. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    **Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year feel. because it is the same as last year. it's recycled and uninnovative. Give this game a pass. it's not really worth the hype due to it being the same game every year but rebranded as a different title and being a DLC-feel of campaign. If you want a good multiplayer experience.. anything but this game. Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    IGN, "Old Dog, New tricks".
    This game is fantastic with solid writing, fantastic new features and, oh wait a minuet sorry.

This game is a pathetic example of how mindless consumerism has damaged the fps gaming industry. This game doesn't have a single original idea in it.
    Although The people rating it 0's and 1's are just as bad because chances are that they haven't even played the
    game. A 0 or 1 game is day 1 Garry's incident or ride to hell not this pile of mediocrity.

To conclude, this game is so astoundingly mediocre that it really raises the bar for how to make a game that is designed for people with little of there own thoughts left after years of conformism. The reviewers who rate it highly have all been payed to give such high scores if my point at the start didn't make that clear. To quote Yahtzee Crawshore This game is nothing more than "Spunk gargle wee wee", Zero punctuation will no redoubtably make a review make the same point so this isn't just me raging.
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked Ghosts up this morning and had high hopes that this would be the one that stepped forward with an new awesome touch to the old "COD formula". After about 8 hours of gameplay I feel extremely disappointed... Same old outdated stuff, that has been milked for YEARS now.

COD:Ghosts is nothing more than a glorified MW2 reskin sadly...
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    Just reviewing the multiplayer(mostly compared to previous ones) + Moved the scoreboard to the side so it’s not in the way. + Dynamic levels are interesting. + Character patches replacing custom emblems are cool. + Looking down the scope of a sniper looks wayyy better. + Less sway when looking down scopes I’ve noticed. - Maps are too big. There’s only 12 people in a match and a huge level, you spend more time looking for people than actually shooting. As a result.. you get shot in the back… a lot.. Only way to prevent this is with camping..
    - Guard dog’s AI is… extremely low. Leaving it to be a useless new killstreak perk.
    - Huge lag between when you press right trigger and when a grenade is actually thrown I’ve noticed.
    - IED (lethal item that has replaced bouncing bettys/claymores) and motion sensores(non-lethal weapon) have yet to… do what they claim to do for me.
    - Apparently they arn’t having dedicated servers for Xbox360..
    - Took away the ping thing when you look at scores.
    - ‘Sat Coms’ (replaced UAVs)… are sortof useless. The whole point of it is to have a UAV that’s placed on the map, instead of plying in the air.. however.. I found that they don’t do much in showing people on the map. And… they self destruct wayyy to quickly. What’s the purpose in putting in effort into hiding it well when they just blow up shortly after placing it?
    - Characters and models… blend in wayy too much. Both just look like a grey blob. Makes camping soo much easier cause it’s too tough to notice people sitting still.
    - I don’t know if it’s just me… but, there’s something off about how fast and easy it is to get killed.. For example, you seem to just die instantly, but then you watch the kill cam and see he pumped 6 or 7 shots into you and makes you wonder why it only felt like one.
    Conclusion: Skip this one. While trying to the make the game more ‘teamwork’ focused, Infinity Ward broke the simple fun COD game play I’ve come to love. Only way you’ll do alright and not get shot in the back is if you camp… yeah.
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    Being a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the main protagonist, his brother or his father for that matter.As a whole this story line is the weakest in the COD universe, in my honest opinion.

Now on to the good stuff, Multiplayer!!!! They totally scrubbed it!!!! Search and destroy with respawn???? OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYY? Squads is total Bullsh*t. I don't know but whatever they were shooting for they missed the mark. It looks like I'm stuck with Black ops II and Battlefield 4. Could be worse.
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    I am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition and more. The maps really killed it though, they are overly large having some large maps is cool but they are all huge considering only 12 players are in a game at once... Which makes me question why no ground war? (teams of 9, included in the previous COD)... Also the maps traffic flows are just crazy and make no sense, people come from everywhere all the time... and the lack of guns is unreal, I would say there are half as many guns in this game as in BO2.... The guns noises are really just bad too, just doesn't sound good at all. LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! Expand
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different art styles used. The game-play is exactly the same as the game-play from the Modern Warfare series, so don't expect any surprises. This game was a huge letdown with the only pluses being the inclusion of some new game-modes. However, I cannot deny that the Modern Warfare series used to have really fun multi-player, but they have not done a single thing to make this game worth buying over some of the other shooters such as Battlefield, Titanfall, and the others. Expand
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

It was a simple impulse buy. 30 minutes after buying it, I regretted supporting this horrible trash company. The servers lag constantly, the graphics are trash thrown in your face, and all fan favorites were removed.

The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features
    included, and I feel offended. CoD will not be getting my business ever again.

I'm considering buying two copies of Battlefield 4 just so I can REALLY support a great game.
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed ok but nothing too drastic. the gameplay actually feels slowing than black ops 2 and honestly it doesnt help much with the appeal. most of the weapons dont feel like they suit the class type they are in. the 3 round burst assault rifle had horrible recoil for being a "mid-long range weapon." it was more life a mid range weapon period. I was Really excited for the marksman rifles but they arent as good as i predicted them to be. if you fire off more than 3 shots off quickly, the recoil makes it impossible to take out your target from that "mid-long range distance." they added dedicated servers in this game which i was really excited about but when you take somebody out they actually have a 0.25 second delay before registering. dedicated servers really dont seem to help the game all that much. I was raging when I know i put shots into somebody and i dont know if i should stop shooting until that delay ends. The maps are terrible mostly. only 2 of them are really nice but the others are just chaos. the map design is completely random and i feel that this game as more random in it then actually skill unless you camp. the levels are just a mess and they have very few lines on sight in comparison to even that of MW3. on the last note, the spawn system in the game is the worst i've ever experienced (or remember). an example of this was me playing free for all. i was just spawning the match and the system spawned me side by side with an enemy at the start of the match. Another time im playing cranked (because i enjoy the fasted paced action) and i spawn feet away from the enemy to get gunned down. in black ops 2 i felt some sort of life security when i respawned because i would never get spawned killed. now i spawn and get shot instantly. some features seem cool but getting customizable gear is very difficult for the average person to get. I was riding on this one being so good but it disappointed me to no end. I bought the season pass for the first time and everything. I'm done with infinity ward. they really screwed this up. Expand
  56. Nov 11, 2013
    appointment, at least when it comes to multiplayer. To be clear from the outset I loathe campers with a passion bordering on the irrational. I know that in RL, soldiers don't run around like headless chickens, but darn it if this is supposed to be a game oh, and fun.

The scenery is so drab that it makes it ideal for campers to blend into the scenery, The access to all weaponry,
    attachments and perks from the outset was a massive error in my judgement as it doesn't encourage players to push themselves and level up for better weaponry. Instead what we see with the introduction of a sniper rifle, assault rifle and sub-machine gun with built in suppressors is that the game is played in total silence. To date I have come across only a handful of players that actually made a noise.

Gone is UAV and replaced with the fairly useless sat-com, so again a boon for the campers. Put a sat-com out and all you've done is hand the opposition an easy kill as they will pick up on it straight away.

Just in case the camper was struggling we have magical gun sights that allow you to see through walls (quite thick walls actually) so y'know... even less reason to move.

The maps themselves are relatively mundane, there's certainly no jaw-dropping, pant-wetting map that everyone just has to play. Instead what they have is lots of corners (for the camper) but very few nooks and crannies for you to jink in and out of.

They've re-introduced the assault and strike packages which is good, but have done away with the classic care package that allowed you to mix the game up in past iterations of the franchise. Instead what we have now is a somewhat limited and mostly redundant set of rewards, absolutely none of which is a game changer.

And what is most frustrating of all, is that if only the developers had put a little put of effort and creativity into the game it could have been so, so much better.

After a week of GHOSTS and 5 five years of commitment to the MW series, I cannot wait for Battlefield 4
  57. Nov 13, 2013
    Let's get this out the way, I am not one who blatantly hates Call of Duty. I can tolerate more of the same as long as it's generally fun to play. However Call of Duty:Ghosts is boring and uninspired.

I know this just sounds like camper rage but as far as multilayer goes; it embraces a 'Aim and Wait' style of game play. Hell they've even advertised adding corner camping to the A.I bots.
    It's far too advantageous for it's own good especially in COD:Ghosts. Gone is the fun factor of classic Call of Duty, here is a AAA game of patience.

People may argue that it's the community's fault rather than the developer. Listen, If you gain that much of an advantage just by deciding to wait and aim; it's a balance problem plain and simple. It's gotten worse with each installment. being able to rush effectively in past games and now it's to the point where you cannot walk 2 meters without stumbling into a field of 20 snipers. Let's take a look at what the developer has changed this year.

-Maps are cluttered with more corners and vantage points
    -Shotguns still hasn't been viable since MW2
    -Marksman perk is now gone
    -Louder footsteps
    -Dog that protects and doesn't seek
    -IED and new equipment alike
    -More peripheral vision for Snipers
    -Ballistic vests bumped to an 8 Killstreak

These seem like small issues but it all adds up, It's just baffling to me that every change gives advantage towards that BORING Aim and Wait style of gameplay; and everything against it gets nerfed. I mean MW2 was a game that got the logistics of shotguns correct. Sure they kill instantly, but that's the advantage of actually flanking and getting up close. Was that too cheap of a gameplay tactic? I guess the campers didn't like it and that's who they listen to, now the only way to play effectively is to hide behind a barrel and hold the aim button (which is about as fun as watching flies f***)

Call of Duty has lost it's spark, not by franchise fatigue, but by constant design choices that help encourage boring gameplay.
  58. Nov 17, 2013
    I own every copy of CoD and feel compelled to pan this version. In my estimation, MW4 and UO on the PC/Mac is still tops, The graphics for this version are cartoony; the typography—oh, my eyes. Gameplay feels a tad blurry with a strange sense of over-contrast. I've been playing BF4 more and more, having never been a big fan (also have the income to compare that series, albeit stale in a different way.) I'm feeling drawn away from this franchise,

Personally I'd still ignore all the extremist viewpoints: 0? 10? You're kidding. Try it, but you've been warned.
  59. Dec 1, 2013
    Just a useless game, all I can say.
    Will appeal to COD fans (people who've been swept up by the crowd and played the last 7 or so COD games). So yeah, it's a recycled game that the same old crowd will play and praise.
  60. Nov 19, 2013
    Waste of a game. What where they thinking!! It is more like battlefield, so if you like battlefield then you may like this. They should remove the call of duty name and just call it ghosts so they do not ruin the name. Maybe they should call it "call of duty: sniper" Rent or borrower before buying this crap. Main issues: 1) Sniper and marksman just sit everywhere. There are innumerable sniper spots with their thermal scopes you just get picked off. And why the hell are the maps so big? Add in motorcycles and tanks so we do not get tired.....
    2) Not only are the maps big but they are a complete maze. The designers are probably a bunch of campers themselves.
    3) Why do all the guns seem the same. I don't know if it's just me but all the assault rifles feel the same.
    4) Kill streaks are stupid and boring. Especially the dog. How can the dog kill you when its 10 feet away?
    5) 4 and One will not make this game any better.
  61. Nov 19, 2013
    Como DLC no estaría mal, como juego completo es demasiado caro y corto... nuevamente es el multiplayer el que ofrece "mayor" entretenimiento y no es diferente a lo ya visto cada 6 meses
  62. Nov 19, 2013
    Pros: Good Graphics, Extinction is fun, and not as bad as Black ops 2.
    Cons: The maps are awful, they are to big which causes many issues. A lot of guns are overpowered! Sniping is way to overpowered and with the big maps it makes the game very annoying.

Overall: I have always been a Cod fan, but I believe cod is coming to a end. Black ops 2 was a god awful, and Ghost is just
    disappointing. I recommend the developers to actually sit down next time and think of better ideas because it's sad on what they've came up with. Expand
  63. Nov 22, 2013
    i will give this game a fair score of 3, first of, i absolutely enjoyed the past cod titles, specially the best one in my opinion, black ops 2, thiz review will focus on multiplayer only i will tell you,,,, i hate the gameplay, of it, it is so confusing, Sound:guns sound like crap and unrealistically loud,voice overs souds like overly repeated, i expect more! as in more from the voice overs in multiplayer. jezzz but heck, same voice for all i expected vAriation, but no there is none! same voice overs for all. not even the accent change. which is a big turn off.. 3/10

Graphics,, meh..... if youve seen cod mw 1 nothing big change,... you expect more? from different engine and all those hype? sorry but no.. nothing special, nothing new. nothing spectacular.. what a let down 3/10
    same explosion, same shading, same all, its like slapping a label of "brand new" to your old shirts just to sell out for yArd sale. 3/10

Gameplay: nothing sums it all like SSDD, "same sht different day," this cod is SSDN .same sht different name, besides that,, it sucks more because it got slightly confusing than ever. And mP suck because it is so enormous, you cant almost find someone to kill, and that mKes it boring,.. soldier customization should have been here aince black ops,, over all its 3/10

i should have buy battle field 4 instead of this. sorry but thats my honest opinion
  64. Nov 24, 2013
    Whilst this game opposes my game-play type it may perfect others', with the single player being a mostly stealth-based campaign it is well-detailed, the multiplayer's spawn system is appalling, the maps were made to suit bigger games on the XboxOne and with these smaller games I see that becoming a disaster!
    On the other hand the all-new 'Extinction Mode' was a big hit with me as even
    with it being a new feature it is amazing... If you played Treyarch's Call of Duty's for the Side Games (Zombies) then this will be a big hit for you too! And with the Extinction Mode i give Ghosts a 3/10. Expand
  65. Nov 24, 2013
    This game was poorly designed in true Infinity Ward style. The spawning feature is absolutely awful, I can't tell you how many times I've been spawned directly in another players sights to die with seconds of spawning. In addition, the player matching feature is incredibly slow, I'll often wait for 30 to 60 seconds with the same number of players in the room and the servers can't seem to put players in the room with millions of players online. With the numerous large maps, the game play really favors snipers and campers. Just doesn't have the same fun game play the black ops series did. Not happy with it. Expand
  66. Nov 29, 2013
    Its kinda funny how many people thought ghosts would be such a good game. Well you know what? I'm smart enough to know by common sense that this game was a recycled version of MW3 with a new side game. And kill me now, it's an alien mode. WHEN WAS THERE ALIENS IN COD? And don't get me started with the multiplayer. People say BF4 was a buggy and glitchy game... Well COD ghosts took the cake. A game so pathetic that I wouldn't even bother to play it, and I've seen gameplay. Please help me out you users and agree, this was another way for Activision to make money, and another way to put COD fans in depression. Soon I will see all my friends play BF4 or other games. Expand
  67. Dec 4, 2013
    It's bad. It's really bad. There are a number of serious issues in MP that ruins the game. The maps are the worst they've ever been in the CoD series, for starters. They're huge and has no flow to them what-so-ever. On top that you have the horribly balanced spawns which somehow makes you spawn on top of your enemy even though the maps are about the size of the Earth.

One of the devs,
    Mark Rubin, confirmed pre-release that quickscoping was taken out of the game. Well, I have no clue what he meant by that because sniping is more overpowered than ever. If a sniper spots you, you're dead. No skill involved you just die.

Then you have the MSBS which is a 55-20 damage burst AR, and it's lethal to say the least. It consistently one bursts enemies from short range to mid range. It's a joke of a gun. Almost as overpowered as snipers and that says a lot!

IEDs, a combination between C4 and Claymore and almost impossible to spot unless you're using SitRep. You're lucky if you're getting from an IED with your life in hand. Ridiculous piece of gamebreaking equipment right there.

Support streaks. What were they thinking bringing Support streaks back and even buffing them further?! Everyone runs Satcom, Ballistic Vests and Oracles with IEDs. To counter that you need to run 7 points worth of perks and use the FMJ attachment on your gun. The Oracle is basically a wallhack and quite possibly the stupidest thing IW has ever come up with. Seriously, what in the world were they thinking?!

They brought the panic knife back. Need I say more...

On the upside, the connection seems to be really good, so does the hit detection, but I'm struggling to see what they were trying to do with this game. With CoD4 they revolutionise the FPS genre, with MW2 they did it again, with MW3 they focused solely on gun-on-gun gameplay, and then you have the Treyarch games which focused more on the competitive aspect of the game, but with Ghosts there seems to be no clear idea of what they were trying to do. I find myself saying "What am I playing right now? What is this?" a lot. I don't get it. I don't get this game or why it was made for campers and slow players. It's honestly a joke of a game, and that's sad, because this could have been the best CoD ever. We finally have good online connections again, but at what cost? This game is definitely not worth your hard earned money.

Fail of the year goes to Infinity Ward with this sorry excuse for an online MP game.
  68. Dec 11, 2013
    Having been playing CoD since the very first one, I'd like to say I know a bit about this series. Originally, the games where offline, story driven games. Now It's all about the online play.

With that said, The story is rushed through by being just a few hours long. It starts out great, but dissolves into a series of missions with a thin plot behind it pretty quickly, that are
    predictable and forgettable. This, however, isn't really an issue sense it is the industry standard for most online shooters(Halo seems to have evolved out of that). The story mode serves more as a long tutorial than a story.

If an original online experience is what you're buying it for, don't. This marks the 6th straight time they released a variant of the first MW's online game play.

Paying $60 a year for a slight change in weapons, perks and graphics and a bland story isn't worth it. There is no way to innovate in the confines of the Call Of Duty franchise and I say it's time to stop beating the dead horse. I don't care how great the critics think of the next one, I'm not buying another CoD game.
  69. Dec 15, 2013
    Every year since COD 3 I will usually pre-order my game and pick it up at the midnight launch or get it the very next day. This year I didn't, not because I had low expectations of it but because I had other things going on that took priority. I should have taken this as a sign, I really should have.

Generally when I get a new COD I spend the first 24 hours learning the maps, exploring
    whatever new features or game modes they have included and I generally end up getting killed a lot. 48 hours in and I'm usually beginning to get annoyed at the game and I have been known to send the developers to odd strongly worded email telling them what a rubbish job they've done.
    Usually after about 2 weeks of perserverence I am well into the game and am usually really enjoying it (with the odd rant and rave when stupid things happen).

It is now 5 weeks down the line since this abomination was released and I find myself growing to hate it more and more as the weeks go by, to the point where I've now actually packed it away and have been researching what trade in value I am going to get for it.
    I can't speak for the campaign as I never play them but the multiplayer is the biggest pile of steaming dog faeces that I've ever had the misfortune of spending £40 on. It's a laggy, unresponsive mess of a game and the developers should be ashamed of themselves. they have take out so much and put nothing worthwhile in and I am truely gtted that a franchise that has brought me so much enjoyment over the years has subnk this low. It is the epitome of what a FPS game should not be. They have pandered to the under 15's (don't let the rating fool you) and I, along with several members of the team have played with since MW2, are switching to Battlefield...you should too
  70. Dec 16, 2013
    Worst online game plae of call of duty yet. The online game play is horrible. Team death match is joke. Spawn points are horrendous. Maps are stupid. Weapons are just silly. Pissed I spent 60 dollars on it. I will now stay away from infinity ward. I created this account simply for the fact that I am so disappointed with the game I hope it stops people from buying the game.
  71. BHR
    Dec 29, 2013
    I'll give IW props for trying to create an entirely new physics setup, but clearly there is an issue with how they thought this through. When every map in multiplayer is the same "all-is-medium-ranged" layout where assault rifles dominate all, along with every other weapon class watered down in the area of being unique. The ability to create a soldier is just spectacular, but the modified Pick-10 System is slightly off. Breaking up all abilities from perks into seperate perks makes selection difficult when you never feel like you have all that you need. The system was moderately confusing as well. I won't fully detail the aspects of the gameplay mechanics due to how complicated it is, but I will say that gameplay is frustrating with the poor lag compensation, mediocre kill-cams, and the lighting system (light seen through walls). I see potential in this game, if I absolutely wanted to play on the same kinds of maps all day long. DLC, which will have to be payed for, will probably be entirely a rip-off considering that every COD game's map type remains the same throughout the game, DLC or not, generating little variety.

The campaign was worthwhile, however. The storyline was somewhat unique, even if unexplained in some areas, such as why South America has capabilities beyond the U.S. Military's, how did South American combatants get into space when currently there are enough problems as is, even if in the future, and other areas. On a better note, there is an interesting ending to the campaign, and there is that tactical feel to the whole gameplay within campaign.

I've not played enough of Extinction mode to know where it could go to better itself, that is if there is much to be bettered othere than the lack of map availability. Perhaps it's just me being used to Black Ops 2, but I prefer having interesting weapons and different ways to go in a map, not being forced to play a certain way. I also thought IW was just trying to replicate Treyarch's Zombies idea, but with their own twist, causing distortions in design, like the modified Pick-10 System. In general, I believe Extinction is respectable, but not exactly superb in any way whatsoever.

In summary, this game has some good ideas to present, but you simply can't polish a blemish and expect it to win hearts. There are plenty of problems to iron out, and I hope they do iron them out, but the issues are simply unbearable to play on, so I will give this game a lower score for now.
  72. Jan 5, 2014
    Its so bad I had to leave a review.
    I have reached top prestige in multiplayer on all COD games since COD 3, I am not a hater. I do, however, hate this game, it is awful. The gameplay is slow, guns OP, and even a novice is able to obliterate your killstreak with ease. Do yourself a favour and skip this one. There is no imagination gone into the creation of the game whatsoever, which
    considering their budget, is quite frankly shocking. I didn't even bother wasting my time by prestiging once before reselling it. Expand
  73. Jan 11, 2014
    This game is just like every other in its series- a copy/paste game with different textures. The only thing different was the storyline. which made absolutely no sense in it's own write.
  74. Jan 19, 2014
    The Call of duty series is ruined because it got to popular, now these companies use less people, time, and money to make these games cause they have way to many fans, for some reason, to buy them. Put it like this- you buy cod mw1for $65 then a month later you buy a $10 add on and so one. Then another sequel that is half finished then you pay extra for the crap not put in the game already. I'm never giving them a dime of my money again. Cod ghost sucks balls Expand
  75. Feb 19, 2014
    No. Just no. This game was supposed to have all of this "Next Gen Gameplay." Well so far, I've seen none of that. This "Freefall bonus map" was supposed to have all of this levolution. The only levolution present is the occasional animation of the building falling, which in my opinion, isn't even levolution. Half of the guns in the game were taken from previous games and thrown in CoD Ghosts with a new name. The Remington RS (ACR in MW3) is overpowered as usual. But! They've put in a new class of weapons, marksman rifles! Can you say overpowered much? These things are more overpowered than LMG's! No kick, two shot kill, huge ammo capacity. You can even put burst fire on it! LMG's are still very overpowered though, typical CoD. Riot shields are more overpowered than ever, using C4 and danger close. Now there are a few decent improvements, such as being able to customize your characters, but the levelution that was supposed to be very present, isn't anywhere to be found. You can get KEM Strikes (MOAB from MW3) in care packages now, making them less special. You can be a pro and go 25-0 while some other person is going 3-17, but he gets a KEM Strike too. The guard dog is insanely overpowered, as it takes three shots using a bolt-action sniper with increased damage to kill. There are also IED's, which are pretty much miniature IMS's that can be equipped as a lethal. You can no longer go prone to avoid IMS's as well, you here that sound and you go "Yup, I'm dead." The game feels exactly the same as MW3, even the sounds and animations. In a nutshell, this game isn't worth half of the money that they want for it. The campaign was honestly decent, and I'll give them props for that. That's really the only part of the game that doesn't make me want to rip someone's head off, along with extinction. Extinction is actually quite fun. It isn't like that promised "Zombie Campaign" that was promised in Black Ops 2. There is actually a strong storyline that you're forced to go through, unlike in Black Ops 2 where you just went through wave after wave and nobody really cared about the storyline. It's your typical CoD game, and that doesn't surprise me one bit. Not worth buying unless you're only in it for the campaign. The campaign doesn't make it worth $60, though. Expand
  76. Mar 11, 2014
    Playing Call of Duty Ghosts is kind of like pulling teeth. You start and you're like "Oh this is fine.. Nothing wrong with it." Then as it goes you realize how mistaken you are and it's as painful as hell.

Campaign you're supposed to be an elite group of marines called "Ghosts" experts in Gorilla warfare, and stealth. Not that you'd know playing this game. Rush an enemy base in a tank.
    Dogs flying out of front windows, no silencers, no stealth sections. Its "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: We didn't have Makarov and we wanted to rehash old stuff for you" It's as enjoyable as eating old mouldy leftovers.

Multiplayer is the Lag comped crap we know Ride to Hell Retri- I mean Call of Duty for. You have little variation in maps. Usually maps are small. Not in Ghosts. Nope. Ghosts lives up to it's name. All maps are LARGE empty maps that either shake a little, or have something that blows up if someone gets a Nuke- er I mean care package.

I go on call of duty weekly to see what 8 year olds my mom has been in bed with.

Overall I gotta say, compared to Ride to Hell Retribution call of duty is a sub par game at best. Compared to GTA 5, BF4, Portal, L4D, or any other game you see on the shelf. Call of Duty is a over priced piece of bargain bin crap.
  77. Mar 31, 2014
    (NOTE: I am reviewing the base game and will not be referring to any of the DLC.) After thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 2 I was hoping this would be an improvement, or at least just as good. But this is a huge step backwards. I'll start with Single Player: It's a cliche story with uninteresting characters and extremely linear boring missions that give the player little to no choice. Now on to Multiplayer: The maps in this game were larger than normal for the CoD series, which they obviously did to compete with Battlefield. However, the large maps just don't fit the gameplay style of Call of Duty and the multiplayer suffers. You'll end up using either rifles or submachine guns as they will be the most effective. This gets very boring though because you'll end up doing the same thing every match instead of trying something new and interesting. Like most CoD games, there were also "perks" to choose from. They were done in a different fashion where each perk was worth points, the better ones being more expensive and vice versa. You had a limited number of points to choose perks from. This sounds balanced in theory though sometimes perks were to expensive and were bad, or too cheap and were extremely powerful. There were also killstreaks in this game, though you'll probably only stick to a few of them as most of them are not very useful. One thing I did like about the multiplayer was the customization that you could do on your character. You could change your characters outfit, gender, etc. This was purely cosmetic but was still a nice way to make a unique character. Now, there is one more mode to talk about. The mode is called "Extinction" and is very similar to Treyarch's "Zombies" mode. In Extinction you and up to three other people fight aliens and try to destroy every hive the aliens are coming from. You also earn points along the way to buy new guns and upgrades. This was by far the most fun mode in the game, though it didn't feel as fun or polished as Zombies. The one level you get with the base game get's old very fast and isn't that interesting to begin with. Extinction also lacks the interesting weapons that Zombies has and you'll just be using the same weapons from multiplayer and singleplayer. Overall I can't recommend Call of Duty: Ghosts to fans of the series or new players, as I feel both will most likely be disappointed. The game is a huge step backwards from previous titles and doesn't offer the same enjoyment. Expand
  78. Dec 13, 2013
    Another bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fire them as fast as an assault rifle, it takes 5-6 bullets to kill someone, despite the higher caliber round inside a pistol. Might as well not carry the damn things if you are handicapped for using a pistol. Players still have that crackhead level of speed, meaning that due to the horrendous latency, you'll get killed by someone storming a staircase before you can fire a round off. The hitboxes are also garbage: you'll hit someone 6 times with an assault rifle dead on and they'll still turn around and drop you in 2 rifle shots to the chest. The spawn system is absolute garbage, literally throwing you to the wolves as cannon fodder to the opposing team. Other times, an area you just checked and cleared will suddenly have an opponent warp in and kill you from behind. Killstreaks are pretty bland, and the devs managed to mess up iron sights of all things. The graphics are nice level wise, but the character models sometimes look like they were modeled on a gamecube. The single player is low quality drek and should be avoided. In fact, avoid this game all together. Rent it if you must but save yourself some agony and stress--don't buy this piece of crap. Expand
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    Didn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way too much time roaming these corridors and kills just seem to be one player stumbling up behind another. Also, why are there no merc matches anymore? COD has never compensated for parties in their matchmaking algorithm, so for those of us who can't wrangle up a full squad you'll get dominated. Expand
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    I was so excited to play this game after waiting months! I am deeply disappointed. There are several things that need to be improved.

First, either the bullet damage, multipliers, or the health needs to be adjusted. When I watch the kill cam after dying it shows the guy pumping 4-5 bullets into me then I die. On my screen, however, i take about 1-2 shots then I'm down. Not sure
    what the reason for this is but it is a HUGE flaw.

Second, spawn systems. I don't know what infinity ward does to the spawns but it's like they gave the 'spawning' division over to a group of disabled monkeys. Playing in a FFA match (although applicable to all game modes) I decided to stay put for about 15 seconds before running around to see if someone ran into my field of view. Well, I didn't have to take ONE step (not ONE STEP) before turning my head to my left, and seeing a player who had just been killed SPAWN WITHIN ARMS REACH of where I stood. This is a HUGE flaw.

Thirdly, I thought I bought Call of Duty: Ghosts. Not some cheap wal-mart rip-off attempt at a franchise behemoth. It is FAR too different from the past CoDs that there have been. I mean, sure, I get it. Make it different, that's fine. But keep the staples in the game. The game modes, and kill/reward streaks that we've all come to love (or put up with). They've changed far too much for this to be called Call of Duty. The squad point system is a HUGE flaw. First off, getting so few squad points, and the finding out that you don't even have any default classes so you're stuck spending your precious squad points on attachments/perks/guns/kill streaks/equipment/lethals?! GOOD GRIEF! Instead of having a point system that basically says, "Just pick what you want to play with because you ain't getting it all" they should have just left it a simple unlock system...I digress.

Why did so much have to change? Change is not good, at least not in this context. Why can't both companies brainstorm on what the BEST parts of the game are? Or better yet, ASK THE COMMUNITY!!!!!!! We're the ones paying your bills, the least you could do is build us a game that we want. (I know nothing is unanimous but majority rules here).

To sum up. Shame on you Infinity Ward. You turned an annual tradition into a disappointment.

I will wait for the patch to come out before playing this game and before giving two thoughts as to whether or not I'll buy it for my Xbox One on the 22nd. There will be a patch. It will fix these issues. Or they're going to lose a LOT of their supportive, loyal, fan base.

If not, I'll buy BF4.
  81. Dec 21, 2013
    This only for the single player. I gave up on multiplayer back when they decided knife trumps all. Is not a complete loss but only rent. Game looks great. A.I. is absolutely terrible. Occasionally kills you for strange events ("Avoid getting hit by car" is my favorite.) they paid for a big Hollywood screenwriting to make the story; they deserve a refund. Parts are lifted from different movies that did it better. I don't expect much from a cod story, but please don't let every line be cheesy as possible. And don't let the villain devolve into Friday the 13th style schlock. We know you're planning to sell dlc centered around it, you're not being clever. Dog is cool but under utilized and is used as an obvious pull-the-heart-strings. I've was around a military dog once and have talked with guys how've worked with them; they are not friendly creatures like the one in this game is.

I think I would've given this a higher score if it was a midway decent game by a new company. Instead of a midway decent game from the leftovers of infinity ward. Don't pretend you're the same company as before in an effort to sell games and then claim it was a decent first effort at the same time. From what I saw, 10% was brilliant and the rest was either tired or substandard. I think the ten percent was from work done by infinity ward before they dissolved.

Kudos for getting a game out under such difficult circumstances. Hopefully next year's will be better.
  82. Jan 11, 2014
    By far, the worst CoD of all time. Do not waste your time with this game. Here are the issues:
    1- Maps suck, meaning they have no flow and are a clusterf***, with sometimes as many as 3 different levels with 50 different entrances and windows.
    2- Spawns are chaotic. They are the worst out of all CoDs and it's impossible to control them. For example: you're playing Domination with a
    party, nobody is rushing spawns, and you have A and B locked down. Too bad. Enemies start spawning behind you.
    1 and 2- 1 combined with 2 gives me a headache when playing.
    3- There's no demolition, headquarters, CTF, ground war, hardpoint, and I think a few more. The only thing worth playing is Domination, and that gets old reeeaaaal fast.
    4. Most of the weapons in the multi-player are the same re-skinned guns.
    5. Limited 8vs8 games online.
    6. It feels like MW3 part 2, and that's pretty bad considering MW3 was MW2 part 2. Seriously, there's nothing new.
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  84. Nov 25, 2013
    Complete trash. The single player campaign is dry and sporadic. I never felt engaged and was often just mindlessly shooting drones. The Multiplayer is by far the worst COD experience I've ever had. The maps are too big and are just confusing mazes. 90% of my kills/deaths are just coming from behind. I've owned MWF 1/2/3 and BO 2 and this is by far the worst COD experience I've ever encountered.
  85. Nov 6, 2013
    I was hoping for some kind of advancement in the series, but really this was just another installment of what we're all used to. I can't say I enjoy it any more than my old Call of Duty games back from 4-5 years ago, less so because my expectations have evolved even though this franchise has not. I'd give it a miss this year, and hope they try harder next year.
  86. Nov 9, 2013
    The only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of Duty game: A poorly written and over dramatized story that doesn't focus on any form of character development or memorable plotpoints or moments, and only serves to fuel Ebert's claim on video games not being an art. The gameplay is exactly the same: an unbalanced mess of an FPS, in which its skill gap is practically nonexistent, due to a variety of cheap and unpredictable "strategies" that wrongfully reward the opponent for getting a lucky break. There's practically no such thing as a "Call of Duty pro", since the skill gap is so tight, that investment in becoming better is nonexistent. This is why the prestige system is in place: to give the player the deluded thought that his senseless grinding is actually going somewhere, when it really isn't. It's the perfect indicator to the fact that the developers are not confident that their game alone is immersive enough. Variety in playstyles is practically nonexistant in Call of Duty. In a game as immersive as Street Fighter IV, each individual playstyle holds an incredibly intricate number of strategies, and each takes significant investment to master. However, Call of Duty has a total of 5 playstyles, which barely even count as variations. Some have you shoot close, some have you shoot from far away, etc.; it's still all shooting, with no difference other than distance. Multiple guns don't add any depth either, as there's always 1 most powerful gun for each class, as the weapons don't provide unique advantages and disadvantages. This is another reason the prestige system exists: to compensate for the developer's laziness to create a balanced system of weapons.

With every Call of Duty update/patch, the graphics and sound effects are pleasing enough, but lack any form of distinctive variety or aesthetic that make them memorable. Still, they get the job done. It's a good thing that I could do a quick review on Call of Duty Ghosts without ever actually having to play the game. Since I know it's the same thing, my review still applies. If you already own any other Call of Duty game, you should definitely pass on buying this update/patch, as you don't need another copy of the exact same game to enjoy it.

(The two is for acceptable graphics and sound, but for nothing else).
  87. Nov 5, 2013
    My advice would to not spend your hard earned cash on this rubbish there is no evidence of any innovation same linear campaign with a copy paste plot line from previous games the "new" game-mode offers no re-playability at all and to top it off an under delivering multi-player.
  88. Nov 5, 2013
    I have been playing COD since World at War. And I mean ALOT. I have to say Ghosts is the most disappointing. The multiplayer is horrible. Maps too big. No fun. Guns are stupid. Cheaters in it already. Hard to read menu screen. AVOID
  89. Nov 20, 2013
    Honeymoon phase has worn off, so I'm back to update my review. This game of course has the tight controls COD is known for and feels good, but for some reason after the first few days of the game playing good, connections got worse and worse, now it's back to the issues that ruined MW3 and BO2 for me. 1 shot insta-kills, being constantly behind people. Then the spawns! I believe they know exactly what they are doing with connections, spawns, etc. and it's a conscious business decision to try and level the playing field and give inferior casual players an advantage to gain that "customer for life." The only reason I bought the game was because of supposed dedicated servers, but I've only played a few games that would lead me to believe they are there. Oh, well I was fooled again. This series has gotten so far away from what it used to be, and is destined for failure with it's current formula of a half finished game once a year, and deservedly so. If they would only release one ever 3 or so years and actually support it, it would be good, but they won't Oh well Titanfall can't come quick enough and I hope it buries COD at this point. Expand
  90. Nov 5, 2013
    Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't! I give it a generous 2! CANT WAIT FOR BLACK OPS 3! Expand
  91. Nov 5, 2013
    Campaign reminds me of homeland,online same as usual,re spawn problems,sniper heaven! Original search and destroy has gone.maps feel samey,freight looks familiar
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Overall a big waste of time. Call of Duty Ghosts falls flat on its face, the multiplayer is pretty much the same formula with some minute changes including: Bad graphics Boring guns and hateful players. The campaign is worse than Black Ops 2, they introduced a dog then forgot about him then brought him back later on. Its a train wreck of bad decision and a lack of innovation.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    Once again, no difference to the last game. I've played both battlefield 4 and CoD ghosts multiplayer and I have to say that not only did I enjoy battlefield more I also think its better quality. Yet another disappointment. I don't recommend buying itl
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    You should buy this game only if you have money to blow. There are so many truly amazing games that offer a real gaming experience that CoD: Ghosts fails to deliver.

The campaign is just your typical "last hope for humanity" type story that relies heavily on action packed sequences. But since this has been done so many times in the previous CoD titles, it's easy to simply overlook any
    otherwise exciting moment as a "I feel like I've seen this before" deja vu.

The multiplayer is what most people look for in a CoD game. And if you're buying this for the multiplayer, you're better off not buying it at all. Basically, if you've played one CoD multiplayer, you've played them all. And CoD: Ghosts stays true to this. It is your typical CoD run and gun style shooter with little to no innovation whatsoever.
    Why play this when Battlefield 4 does everything Ghosts does, and does it 10x better, not to mention it does way more.

Visually, CoD: Ghosts looks like any other CoD game developed by Infinity Ward. Hell, it might even look worst than MW2. Atleast MW2 had vibrant colors, Ghosts has a greyish gloomy look to it, justified by being a post-apocalyptic setting, but is is visually dull and boring.

I'm going to wrap this up and give it a 2, because I'm feeling generous.

Oh! And it has a dog and aliens, because... INNOVATION!
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    Huge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's fun to play as and you genuinely care about him. Other than that, boring.

Multiplayer. Oh dear God. Awful. Where do I even begin?

It takes forever to level up and in order to upgrade your guns, you have to level up and spend your squad points. I spent about four hours straight playing and I got to level six. Level. Six. Yeah.

There is no more Search and Destroy.

I primarily play Hardcore games in COD games, and they had to go and change that. When you die in HC TDM, you have to wait anywhere from 10-15 seconds before you can respawn. Absolutely unnecessary.

Inbetween multiplayer matches, you have about 10 seconds before the next match begins, which does not give you time to change your loadouts, perks, or scorestreaks.

When the match begins, there is a 15-second countdown before the match actually starts.

The maps are ENORMOUS. They obviously did this for the next-gen consoles which will be 9v9, but for now 6v6 matches are awful. It takes forever to find anyone and gain XP. No XP no weapon upgrades.

Quite a few of the MP modes involve AI bots in the Squads mode. The bots are extremely overpowered and basically headshot you 9/10 times. The bots have more health and one-shot you almost instantly. They need to be nerfed immediately.

The best part of MP is the Safeguard mode, which is basically a Horde mode. This is a lot of fun and is quite challenging.

Overall, this game is a huge disappointment and the Battlefield players are yukking it up. Do yourself a favor and skip this entry. Stick with Black Ops II.
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    First time im review a game. Iv only played MultyPlayer yet, thats why i bought it in first place. Let me tell you the first thing, avoid buying this game !
    Im a player since the first ages, playing COD feels like returning to the first Wolfenstein with better graphics. Soldiers seem to be fluctuating, they dont seem realistic not even close and the gameplay suffers with that.
    Iv seen
    alot of games, played a few, if you want to use multiplayer in the PC version, avoid buying. I dont know if BF4 is better, i played the Beta and it felt the same.
    COD Ghost is a Beta game that will be forever beta im sure, even correcting some things i dont think they will be correcting the big picture of the problem.
    Another thing, i felt nausea's playing COD Ghosts, its because of the FOV being to low, its ridiculous never had this problem with a game.
    I would love to have my money back
  98. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is just a GIANT step back. It doesn't feel like a CoD. It feels like a free2play CoD clone. Graphics look slightly better ,but nothing can be shown of it due to the fact the game is all one color. GREY! The single player is decent, but multilayer is nothing to wright home about. You die way to fast and the maps are to big for this game. Lag, glitches, FPS problems, and HACKERS are already a big problem. The PC version is completely broken. Top notch PCs are struggling to stay above 40 FPS. The charter customization is the only thing new to this game but it's been done before. IW needs to step up their game if they wan't to stay as the top FPS in the world. Another CoD like this one and I think it's over for this series. Expand
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    This games sucks in so many ways. Graphics look 5 years old, there is no challenge, there is nothing realistic about how characters move, shoot, fall, nothing. But most of all, gameplay is so brainless! This is the Pacific Rim of video games!
  100. Nov 8, 2013
    Let me say something about this game. first off this is a review so all the COD fanboys and haters Stop arguing over it, just stop. okay now to the review. This game is just like any other cod, NOTHING CHANGES people think it does but it doesn't, i mean look at BO2 they just now added a crawling animation!!! and once again it's a disappointment to a lot of people. The graphics!!!! Aw man what can i say Complete even on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 Graphics card it still looks terrible, The atmosphere was really nothing special either.The games Campaign is not any better. The multiplayer is Bad too, its all the same, the Sliding animation is THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!! What and the Kinda animation is that, your gun stays still as and you hardly move your gun and you dont even see your feet when you do it, even when you jump over CANT SEE YOUR FEET!!! The Cod Creators don't put any effort in their games, i mean they ****in shoot out a game ever year, but Battlefield 4 Holy is that one good game, they have better running animations, better gun sounds, better graphics I'll tell you that the optical flares are amazing!!! Better animations you can even see your feet when you look down and jump over stuff, people don't like it because they think it's to realistic, no it's not, its just like any other FPS, but my point is COD is just a big disappointment now and i think if they waited a little long on releasing a game like spending 2 or 3 years on the game then maybe just maybe they will get a little more support on their game, but untill then BF4 has them beat. Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.