2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2010 Ratings

1. Feb 13, 2015
    This game is so much fun. I miss it :) Look at all the butthurt anti COD nerds jelly their game doesn't sell as many copies. Great multiplayer and decent campaign. Second best COD behind MW2.
  2. Jan 19, 2015
    Call of duty ghosts is a really cool game, if you've read my previous review you'll know i'm all about the graphics and this has amazing graphics its a really interesting and fun game with a brilliant story mode that keeps you busy.
  3. Jan 14, 2015
    This game is ok. The story is really masculine, in a stupid way though. The plot was pretty dumb but enjoyable. The visuals were fine. Noted a couple of texture glitches. Gameplay is ok. Nothing great. The same stuff expected in a COD game. Definitely not as bad as people are saying, but compared to many other gaming experiences, it's just not worth it.
  4. Jan 13, 2015
    After hearing all of the mixed opinions related to this game, I was a bit unsure about whether I would like this game, however, I am ready to give an opinion.

Pros: EXCELLENT Controls Maintains 60fps at all times Interesting Setting Fun new multiplayer modes Squads mode Cons: Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes" Multiplayer maps are too big Extinction

Pros:
    EXCELLENT Controls
    Maintains 60fps at all times
    Interesting Setting
    Fun new multiplayer modes
    Squads mode

Cons:
    Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes"
    Multiplayer maps are too big
    Extinction was disappointing
    Graphics seem slightly dated

All in all, Ghosts has many problems, but it is only just good enough for a recommendation from me.

5. Jan 9, 2015
    Created this account SPECIFICALLY to write a review for THIS game. I have heard SO MUCH HATE and I honestly had to just know for myself what the hell everyone was so pissed off about.

This game, in my opinion, beats the hell out of Advanced Warfare, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, and MW3 by far.. Maybe all of your errors have been fixed by this TRUSTED RELIABLE SUCCESSFUL company or maybe I

Maybe all of your errors have been fixed by this TRUSTED RELIABLE SUCCESSFUL company or maybe I just can find fun in things I spend my money on better than you can.

This game had the best campaign I've ever played, VERY fun. Multiplayer gives several options to customize things and maps are very well designed. LOVE the game. HIGHLY suggest it.
  6. Jan 6, 2015
    The worst Call of Duty ever to be made. I am still wondering how this piece of **** got on the shelves of stores. Infinity Ward and Activision are obviously trying to suck the money out of people's wallets for a horrendously bad game that is not worth the $60 price tag at release! 0/10 (Horrendous)
  7. Jan 3, 2015
    Enjoyable, but fun multiplayer modes like gun game can't save this train reck. Let start with the story. It stars a 2 sons and some bald guy who go around shooting South Americans who are trying to dominate the world.. Blah blah blah typical call of duty crashing planes explosions, un relatable flat characters etc. Same old same old. The mission underwater feels clunky and horrendous, theEnjoyable, but fun multiplayer modes like gun game can't save this train reck. Let start with the story. It stars a 2 sons and some bald guy who go around shooting South Americans who are trying to dominate the world.. Blah blah blah typical call of duty crashing planes explosions, un relatable flat characters etc. Same old same old. The mission underwater feels clunky and horrendous, the space mission only allows you to use one gun that's a three round burst and there's no other weapons in space. I found the helicopter mission very enjoyable however and same with the stealth mission where you creep around with a knife and a motion censor on your arm. It has it's fun moments but the fun is generally out weighed by flat-un fun combat and a strong sense of been there done that. Multiplayer is more terrible than ever before aside from gun game. The maps are humongous and not a whole lot of fun to play on. Non really stick out. At least on the non dlc maps. I never bothered purchasing any of the dlc maps because it would be a total waist of money. The net code is also crappy. The game is less than decent and id consider it infinity words worst game. But it's def not the worst game I've ever played though and it has it's fun moments. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2015
    The multiplayer of this game was the most fun multiplayer I've ever played. Its campaign, was, honestly, not the best, but still good fun. This is the most underrated game I've ever seen. Admit it, whether it was a great game or not, you spent hours and hours on it knowing it was the "same thing again". The multiplayer will always be very similar, and the gameplay too. But it will haveThe multiplayer of this game was the most fun multiplayer I've ever played. Its campaign, was, honestly, not the best, but still good fun. This is the most underrated game I've ever seen. Admit it, whether it was a great game or not, you spent hours and hours on it knowing it was the "same thing again". The multiplayer will always be very similar, and the gameplay too. But it will have huge campaign differences and slight differences in the multiplayer each time good enough to be worth buying. full price. Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2014
    COD ghosts is great game (for multiplayer). I wasn't much interested with the story mode. but you probably know that the multiplayer the big thing about the series now.
  10. Dec 27, 2014
    FIRST this game was not made by treyacrh who made bo1 and bo2 so its different the multiplayer is awesome with sat coms the guard dog/wolf dlc's to expand the gameplay sniping/quickscoping is harder then bo2 which alot of snipers like me got mad but i was up for a challenge it took me a while but i learned to snipe fast you can be an astronaut so thats cool and you can customize yourFIRST this game was not made by treyacrh who made bo1 and bo2 so its different the multiplayer is awesome with sat coms the guard dog/wolf dlc's to expand the gameplay sniping/quickscoping is harder then bo2 which alot of snipers like me got mad but i was up for a challenge it took me a while but i learned to snipe fast you can be an astronaut so thats cool and you can customize your guy/girl i give this game 9 little sqeakers outta 10 Expand
  11. Dec 27, 2014
    WOW! I cant believe all the hate this game gets! the people who gave it a two or three only played it for two or three minutes! Now its not perfect but...its a great Call of duty game! i love the customization options although its a bit shallow. all in all not too bad!
  12. Dec 16, 2014
    Hmm WHY is it that the YOUTUBE PROMOTED VIDEO IS NOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS, SMASH OR HYRULE WARRIORS BUT this stupid game the ONLY thing its got going for it is the GRAPHICS THAT's IT the game is a SNOOZE to watch all you see is a guy just shooting stupid enemies that don't fight back the fighting is NOT EVEN DRAMATIC WHICH SUCKS the enemies are just as bad it does not look challenging at allHmm WHY is it that the YOUTUBE PROMOTED VIDEO IS NOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS, SMASH OR HYRULE WARRIORS BUT this stupid game the ONLY thing its got going for it is the GRAPHICS THAT's IT the game is a SNOOZE to watch all you see is a guy just shooting stupid enemies that don't fight back the fighting is NOT EVEN DRAMATIC WHICH SUCKS the enemies are just as bad it does not look challenging at all and EVEN THE GUY PLAYING IT HATES THE MAP. The game does not seem to have any puzzles in it WHATSOEVER and the minimap is terrible looking and I agree with other bad reviewers that the game is WAY TOO CAMP FRIENDLY.
    OVERALL TERRIBLE can't BELIEVE my COMPETITION pays attention to this COMPLETE GARBAGE Vs my videos.
    Do yourself a favor and get Smash, Twilight Princess and Windwaker great games I would recommend Hyrule Warriors over this game but is not very good recommend smash or a Zelda classic over Warriors any day of the week
  13. Dec 7, 2014
    This game sucks this game shouldn't get anything higher than a 3 or 4 it's just that bad, and this game isn't even broken just shows how bad this game is. I'd rather play a pre patched fall version ( The fall update that the game) of Battlefield 4. The single-player and extinction are what save this.
  14. Dec 3, 2014
    Another year, another map pack for the same game. Same formula, same result. Everyone uses the same guns, or sits back and snipes. Gets boring real fast. If you've already got a CoD game, just keep playing that, you'll be happier, and still have your money.
  15. Dec 1, 2014
    why make call of duty like halo, what soldier in his right mind would jump about in full view of enemies, the live play is the worst cod ever, and that's after blackops2 .the maps are awful and graphics hard to view for extended game play. the game itself is ok, some good levels but a bit too easy. think i'll go back to MW2 or MW3 for decent live play. The spawning in live play is reallywhy make call of duty like halo, what soldier in his right mind would jump about in full view of enemies, the live play is the worst cod ever, and that's after blackops2 .the maps are awful and graphics hard to view for extended game play. the game itself is ok, some good levels but a bit too easy. think i'll go back to MW2 or MW3 for decent live play. The spawning in live play is really puzzling, the amount of times I've been shot in the back immediately after spawn is really beyond frustrating. anyone for my copy on ebay. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2014
    Let me start by saying Ghosts is my least favourite Call of Duty. Yes I still am giving it an 8 and as I have mentioned in previous reviews, I am not a fanboy for COD or Battlefield. I like both series and simply believe that while Ghosts is not the most innovative entry in the series, it still provides plenty of fun and it certainly shows the strength of this series when my leastLet me start by saying Ghosts is my least favourite Call of Duty. Yes I still am giving it an 8 and as I have mentioned in previous reviews, I am not a fanboy for COD or Battlefield. I like both series and simply believe that while Ghosts is not the most innovative entry in the series, it still provides plenty of fun and it certainly shows the strength of this series when my least favourite entry gets a high score. The real reason that Ghosts doesn't impress me as much as other entries- it is the first COD to come to new gen systems and it completely messes up this opportunity. Rather than bringing revolutionary new innovation to the new platforms like the original MW did, we get the same old multiplayer, the same old campaign and the same old co-op modes. But that doesn't mean it sucks...

As per usual, I will start with the most important part of the game- the multiplayer. It retains the scorestreak systems of BLOPSII which is great, but the lack of the excellent Pick 10 system feels like a step back. That said, the Create A Class options are greatly expanded and now you can have multiple characters with each one having up to 6 loadouts. While it will take a lot of time to unlock all of these options, the progression has now been enhanced so that a new Squad Points system rewards you per game and per achievements. With the points you can unlock plenty of gear which is similar to the BLOPSII points system, but it all feels more accessible. Back to the customization and now you can finally pick the uniforms for your characters, their names, their tags and best of all... their genre. I had a great time creating my dream soldier and while the options still have room for improvement, the amount of content on display is even more enriching than per usual. What else is new? A companion app gives you even more options when it comes to creating and customizing your clan and the online features encourage eSports greatly. The maps are probably the most advanced part of the MP with the new dynamic events ranging from cool to gimmicky. There are plenty of good maps, but I am yet to find an instant classic after playing every one of them. The new modes are fun, but will hardly affect the great amount of TDM, FFA and CTF matches. Blitz and Cranked are fun, fast paced modes that take advantage of the mortality of the player, but I still prefer the standard modes. Along with this, Field Orders are now a part of the game and these challenges show up after the first kill. Obtain the blue, floating briefcase, complete the feat (headshots, 3 consecutive kills etc.) and you'll earn a care package. I like the idea of this, but it isn't a game changer. In the end, Ghosts is the same old COD MP and that is alright because it is some of the best multiplayer on the market, but it certainly leaves you feeling like the series is in need of a rethink... that's why we have Advanced Warfare I suppose, but anyway back to Ghosts and the mixed results of the campaign...

In the previews for it, this game seemed to display something COD rarely achieves- a good campaign. Apparently you would play as the same character for the whole game (not true), the dog Riley would be a big part of it (uh-uh) and the story would be a family drive drama (I'm gonna laugh at that!). Ghosts doesn't try to be something it's not, but I'm not sure if I support that. I would have liked to see a bit of depth in the characters, even if it did feel forced, but the hollow shell of a protagonist and the cliched story makes this feel like a compilation of every average shooter campaign across the course of the last five years. The locations and set pieces are still inspired and I like the idea of a crack military team called the "Ghosts", but the weak story and repetitive design make this a campaign that won't stand out as a COD favourite.

There are four modes in Ghosts instead of three, with the ambitious Squads a mix between multiplayer and co-op. I still don't get the entire premise. Basically you and your clan build a squad and spare spots are left to the AI. You take your squad online to fight others after that and level up. It's a nice premise but it isn't fleshed out enough to be a worthy diversion from MP. However, it is your gateway to playing the returning Survival mode which is always a great option.

The final mode is called Extinction and its a campaign that sees you fighting off waves of weird aliens to defend a drill that completes your objectives. It's a little Left 4 Dead, a little COD: Zombies and its can be fun with three other friends, but it isn't as accessible as the Zombies mode and the lack of a feeling progress when you die is annoying. Best of all however, you can rank up, unlock weapons and gadgets and also purchase skills for your select class. Nice!

Ghosts is fun. However, the lack of innovation and fleshed out ideas in every mode shows why this series was in desperate need of change before Advanced Warfare...
  17. Nov 19, 2014
    In all honesty, I have played cod since mw2. Ghosts however is the worst yet. Originally, I thought black ops 1 was the worst, however playing it again it's not as bad as I thought. I'm going off topic here but there are good and bad points about Ghosts.

Good Points 1. On multiplayer, the guns are fun and really good to use. 2. It's the first cod to customise your own soldiers which

Good Points

1. On multiplayer, the guns are fun and really good to use.
    2. It's the first cod to customise your own soldiers which is quite cool
    3. Some new original killstreaks are added onto this game including the maniac, guard dog etc.

Bad Points

1. As I said before about the killstreaks in one of my good points about the game, however these killstreaks are actually worthless they hardly kill anyone. Support killstreaks should have not been in the game to begin with,
    2. There are not enough maps in the game and most of them are too big, they suck and basically requires you to waste more money on dlc map packs which apparently are really good. If they sucked big time then playing multiplayer is basically pointless. The game has some of the worst maps in cod history including whiteout, siege, stormfront, free fall and chasm (which is the worst out of the lot)
    3. Infinity Ward added a new game mode called extinction, I only played it once I thought it was really bad and never played it since. This is basically a rip off version of black ops zombies. I find black ops zombie to be one of the best game modes in history it's so fun and addicting. It also saved black ops 1 from being a disappointing instalment in the cod series. In a cod game when would you be coming up against frickin' aliens, from the trailers it looked cool but playing the actual game mode it is one of the worst game modes I have ever played, but that's not the only game mode I find terrible which brings us to the next bad point.
    4. Search and Rescue, don't even get me started on that game mode. This is one of the main reasons I hate cod ghosts, they combined search and destroy and kill confirmed into one game mode it doesn't work that way. Many times when I play team tactical and when s&r pops up everyone votes for it, most of the time I would leave the lobby so I can avoid it and even when playing the game mode, when you kill an enemy Infinity Ward thought of the idea of having dog tags lying around and to confirm the kill you have to pick up the tag, however when trying to retrieve it about a second later you are dead because of some enemy decides to camp and makes me rage and spitting out "Stop camping you **** play the game properly" and stuff like that. If it's one ghosts 2 in the next couple of years, then that game can just go by the waste side.
    5. There are a couple of other game modes that were added into the game, Infinity Ward put Blitz and Cranked into this game. Why? them game modes are really boring and gamers would tend not to play on these game modes. The thing that annoys me a lot this that they replaced Demolition which in my opinion is the best game mode on cod multiplayer history.
    6. The graphics look really dull and depressing, where is the colour and texture? I find it really hard to see your enemies on the screen because they are basically camouflaged in the background, buildings, anything
    7. I said before the guns were really good, however they are the same guns from black ops 2 but with a few new guns featured.
    8. It's just the same as mw3 but a lot worse.

There is not much to say about campaign, in general I think it's ok could have been longer but nothing special just an ordinary campaign mode.

Overall, this game was a huge disappointment. Infinity Ward should have just stopped making more COD games because when they made mw3 it was not as good as mw2 but I could tell that Ghosts was going to be worse. For Ghosts 2 please do not make a copy of mw3, take out support killstreaks and in general just take killstreaks out overall and bring scorestreaks in, take out extinction because it is a waste of game data and design much better maps and have a couple of small maps to begin with.

If Infinity Ward fail to do that then it's bye bye to the cod games that Infinity Ward make. If you want a cod game that has good guns this might be the game for you. But if want a cod game that is copy of another cod game, STAY AWAY!!! save your money on a cod game that will actually be good.

Fingers crossed let's hope Advanced Warfare will be good.
  18. Nov 9, 2014
    This is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what gameThis is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what game mode your playing. The only time i'd recommend playing this game is if someone paid you. What is the 1 for you ask? It works. It's the first Call of Duty game that worked on launch and still works properly. Expand
  19. Nov 6, 2014
    I don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILLI don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILL **** BECAUSE ITS CALL OF DUTY. Just buy the COD 4 the last good one in the entire series. If you are some brain deficient child you may derive some entertainment but anyone more intelligent stay away. There are better games to be had for less that 60 dollars. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2014
    one of the worst games in the world .
  21. Oct 24, 2014
    this game is a great improvment from games like mw3 first off this game has the funnest campaign in a cod game ever the multiplayer is horrid but bots are fun and extinction mode is mediocre this game is a seven eight and i feel bad for infinity ward because so many people hate this game quickscoping is hard in this game
  22. Oct 24, 2014
    Great job, Infinity Ward. You just messed up this game. Here's why.

1. I read the back of the box, it says "Redefined Multiplayer." I don't see "redefined" changes. I'm getting lag issues even though my internet is completely compatible with other games. 2. The community. Every time I go into a lobby, there is always one camper and one little kid who can't shut up. 3. 500 Squad
    Great job, Infinity Ward. You just messed up this game. Here's why.

3. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? Why do you need 10 slots of Squad members when you only need one.

4. The game is too repetitive. All you do in Call of Duty is shoot, kill, curse, camp, get a kill streak, throw grenades, get killed, win, lose, scream, kill again, shoot again, knife and worst, camp again.

I hope AW is a lot better than this piece of junk.
  23. Oct 23, 2014
    Call Of Duty Ghosts is just another regurgitated uninventive game introduced in the COD series, the multiplayer gameplay is repetitive and felt cheated most of the time i was killed, Single player is just as bad with a boring and predictable storyline, the only real fun i actually got out of this game was versing bots but that became a bit repetitive as well and the AI are just as dumb asCall Of Duty Ghosts is just another regurgitated uninventive game introduced in the COD series, the multiplayer gameplay is repetitive and felt cheated most of the time i was killed, Single player is just as bad with a boring and predictable storyline, the only real fun i actually got out of this game was versing bots but that became a bit repetitive as well and the AI are just as dumb as the other Call of Duty's. The Graphics are great but gameplay is awful, unfortunately the Call Of Duty is slowly but surely Dieing off because they have not got any other ideas in which they can incorporate into there new releases. Activision needs to create a game in which is excellent in order to replenish my faith in the series. Expand
  24. Oct 21, 2014
    This game feels like a copy/paste of all of the past games in the series. I don't even consider new CoD games as new, just the past game with some tweaked maps and new guns. The big question is why are we shelling out all of this money when there are better FPS's that are free.
  25. Oct 19, 2014
    1st off I don't know how much they paid those critics but it has to be a bribe. This game is the WORST Call of Duty I've ever played. The Story was awful, and The Multiplayer was the same old un-innovative piece of garbage. Activision needs to shelf this series for about 5 to 10 years and try again then.
  26. Oct 18, 2014
    this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blowsthis game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass this game blows **** ass Expand
  27. Oct 16, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay isThis game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay is good. You know shoot, slide shot, all that **** LOL. The maps they're not so big, but since you're running on foot all the type I feel the map's are pretty normal size. They're not so small like BO2. The issue that I have with the maps are there isn't really anything to them. They feel to bland. The lack of realism, is my concern here, I don't want into detail, but when comes to physics it needs to be improved. The game's just too average, COD Black ops 2 out shines in nearly every aspect. Expand
  28. Oct 13, 2014
    The game is basically the same stuff as before except for a new mode that will last you around 2 hours max of fun. Single-player is just a 2-3 hour stinkfest full of over-climatic moments, boring and forgettable characters, and guns that all feel the same. The story is basically this: shoot people, shoot people, shoot people, annnnd SHOOT PEOPLE! It is THAT repetitive.
    Multiplayer is the
    Multiplayer is the same every year so i'll just skip that.
    Finally, the new mode exctitction. The entire mode is this: carry around a big drill to hives, buy guns on the ground (two of which you'll actually use), shoot aliens, and level up to get power-ups. Buuuuut! You'll never beat the mode or get all the power-ups because you will get really bored after 2 hours because you will either get stuck on a part and get to bored trying to beat it, or you will barely beat it and quit.
    2/10 is the score. The only way it wasn't WORSE (1/10 is MY worst rating) is because of those 2 hours of exctition.
  29. Oct 13, 2014
    Single player is garbage; the story is beyond implausible as to border on the absurd. Multiplayer doesn't fare much better, and seasoned COD and FPS players will certainly notice that skill no longer plays a part in the outcome of games, leaving Ghosts with nothing to offer to its fans.
  30. Oct 6, 2014
    This game is the best COD that have ever played the story has me on the edge of my gamer chair every second the characters are the best thing about it. Amazing graphics amazing characters . The multiplayer in this game is absolutely amazing with a fun and friendly place to go when you need to have some fun over all this game is 10/10 and amazing and all of you should go get it
  31. Oct 3, 2014
    Okay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. OkayOkay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. Okay that shows how careless and lazy you are infinity ward. Expand
  32. Sep 27, 2014
    Well as a CoD player for the past 4 to 5 years. I have to say this game has sunk low for me. But that CoD gun and run formula is still there and had plenty of fun getting to 10th prestige. But I have to say...... this is a bad CoD and definitely the worse one I've played. The story in Ghost is dull and uninteresting. I only played it for the easy achievements. The Ghost is just boring andWell as a CoD player for the past 4 to 5 years. I have to say this game has sunk low for me. But that CoD gun and run formula is still there and had plenty of fun getting to 10th prestige. But I have to say...... this is a bad CoD and definitely the worse one I've played. The story in Ghost is dull and uninteresting. I only played it for the easy achievements. The Ghost is just boring and the reason they called it that is because of the popular Modern Warfare 2 character named Ghost. Seemed like they couldn't come anything interesting and that is sad.

For multiplayer, the first thing you'll notice is poor color and details. All the color seemed to be suck and everyting is just bland. Making it harder for you spot anyone because they blend in with the background easily. To make it worse, when you aim down the sights there is too much crap all over the place. Like trees, bushes, rubble, building materials, etc. This has always been a problem for me in Infinty Ward games. Okay speed things up a bit in this review. The maps are to big and you're constantly running. The kill streaks are hardly any good as you don't see any amazing kill streaks being used online. Theres too many perks its just a mess. The Cod points ruined the leveling and reward experience as you can get the best gun at the moment you prestige.

Extinction mode is okay but never good as zombies but it is better spec ops or survival modes.
  33. Sep 25, 2014
    I literelly love this game! The campaing is full of exciting action and awesome visuals, I am not a big fan of COD but this game is outstading, I love the skill set menu and how your character communicates with you and your team in the multiplayer. Also I really enjoy the big maps, it really gives you the ability to take the match into a different way. Just wish it wasan't so easy to getI literelly love this game! The campaing is full of exciting action and awesome visuals, I am not a big fan of COD but this game is outstading, I love the skill set menu and how your character communicates with you and your team in the multiplayer. Also I really enjoy the big maps, it really gives you the ability to take the match into a different way. Just wish it wasan't so easy to get all the weapons and such. But the game is excellent Expand
  34. Sep 25, 2014
    I remember waiting for call of duty ghosts to be released back in 2013 and when being so impressed with black ops 2 i expected so much. Little would i know that i wasted 60 dollars and stayed home for nothing but complete **** garbage. They spit out a mix between mw3 and mw2 THERES NO **** DIFFERENCE!
  35. Sep 24, 2014
    Practically your average Call of Duty game, dry copied and pointless. Over powered and unrealistic weaponry with enough "Hackers" (By hackers I mean they just installed a virus USB) with enough little kids screaming calling you every racial slur you could imagine. And that's just the beginning, there are your little "Faze" and "Optic" players who think they are bad ass just because theyPractically your average Call of Duty game, dry copied and pointless. Over powered and unrealistic weaponry with enough "Hackers" (By hackers I mean they just installed a virus USB) with enough little kids screaming calling you every racial slur you could imagine. And that's just the beginning, there are your little "Faze" and "Optic" players who think they are bad ass just because they saw a video of people spending their days clicking away at some triggers. People will always make their Gamertag XxX_Pu$$y_$layer_MLGXxX or something like "Shadow Critical" or "Silent Runner" like some four year old out of a Comic Con Convention. Let's not forget how everyone's player card is either a girls ass or some Faze emblem or a 420 BLAZE IT **** one. People will just buy the Weed skin pack and Snoop Dogg pack so they seem "Hardcore". Anyway's the only people that play this are overreacting fan boys that can't stand criticism Do everyone a favor and go play either Dark souls or Battlefield and not this dried up copy **** Expand
  36. Sep 19, 2014
    I really like this game. I know people hate on this game because of it's lack of innovation but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. If you've never played a call of duty game before or if you're like me and not sick of this franchise, I suggest you check this game out. Judging by my name you would probably think that I'm a call of duty fanboy or whatever but I'm not. I've played up fromI really like this game. I know people hate on this game because of it's lack of innovation but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. If you've never played a call of duty game before or if you're like me and not sick of this franchise, I suggest you check this game out. Judging by my name you would probably think that I'm a call of duty fanboy or whatever but I'm not. I've played up from call of duty 4 to this and I'm honestly not tired of this series yet. Hope this helped. Expand
  37. Sep 11, 2014
    This is a standard CoD game with some useful updates and innovations. Better than both Black Ops games in my opinion. Perfect for people who like Call Of Duty the way it is with new weapons and more advanced maps. People giving this game a "zero" or "one" rating are out of there minds. If this game was a stand alone game without the reputation it has, it would be an 8,but with the Call OfThis is a standard CoD game with some useful updates and innovations. Better than both Black Ops games in my opinion. Perfect for people who like Call Of Duty the way it is with new weapons and more advanced maps. People giving this game a "zero" or "one" rating are out of there minds. If this game was a stand alone game without the reputation it has, it would be an 8,but with the Call Of Duty lineup in mind I give it a 5.

The campaign was forgettable.

In my opinion, CoD has diluted the experience that used to be so fun back in the MW2 days when killstreaks were actually worth getting, your skill with the sniper was unlimited, and map design was at an all time best. Everybody may have been "overpowered" in that game, but it made it so much more enjoyable. I had some fun with my friends playing this game but ultimately the way the game played was not fun enough to keep me coming back.
  38. Sep 4, 2014
    A ton of People hated it, and to be honest, I don't like it aswell. The Campaign is...meh. it's okay, not the best though. The Multiplayer COULD be good, but the players ruined it.
  39. Aug 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible who would make a game like this this must be a poorly developed game.Poor quality,poor weapon damage.This is the 2nd worst i ever played i got it for my birthday and i thought it would be a good game but nope.I get owned every time and i will never play this game ever again! Expand
  40. Aug 21, 2014
    This game brain-washed 6-14 year olds
    These people that were infected can not stop raging or can't stop playing.
    The only way save them is to PUT THIS F**KING GAME DOWN I MEAN WTF!!
    Someone needs kill this franchise BECAUSE IT HAS DIE AT BLACK OPS.
    So please don't buy the next cod :D
  41. Aug 18, 2014
    COD Ghosts trailers prior to launch showed a graphically superior experience, which the led me to believe that they have improved from Black Ops II. Wrong! COD Ghosts has only graphics to rely on. I only play COD for the multiplayer due to the fact that I am a husband and father and I have to sneak late at night to play a session or two of multiplayer. My biggest complaint in Ghosts isCOD Ghosts trailers prior to launch showed a graphically superior experience, which the led me to believe that they have improved from Black Ops II. Wrong! COD Ghosts has only graphics to rely on. I only play COD for the multiplayer due to the fact that I am a husband and father and I have to sneak late at night to play a session or two of multiplayer. My biggest complaint in Ghosts is how the class setup system works. I can’t even setup a pistol only class; it won’t let me setup a class without a primary weapon. This system is a huge step back from Black Ops II and should be overhauled be a massive update that fixes the issue. In addition to the inferior class setup; squad points are completely bull crap. Infinity ward should have kept the progression of weapons dependent on use because I suck at COD and it takes ions to earn squad points. I have gone three or more games straight going positive without earning a single squad point. If you haven’t purchased COD Ghosts already, don’t. Unless you really want to play a different COD story, if not wait until Advance Warfare comes out. Until then Enjoy Black Ops II. Expand
  42. Aug 9, 2014
    Very fun game. Only problem is the constant lag, and the bad side of the community. By that I mean, the people who judge others skill by KD, take the game so seriously, completely bully anyone they can that is worse than them on the game. But overall, its a decent call of duty title. Not better than MW3 or BO2, but it is still good
  43. Aug 8, 2014
    If you want to know what this is. Its copy paste repeat again and again. Remember when cod was good until they started making one per year? Thats why this is bad. 8 months is not enough to make a game which is why call of duty ghosts sucks so much. 007 Legends is a better game than this crap. To sum it up COD sucks TF2 and Halo ftw
  44. Aug 6, 2014
    This game is the worst $15 I have spent.

This game is the worst $15 I have spent.

In the expansion pack for the wildly popular game Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, all too much has changed, they have ruined the core mechanics of multiplayer, encouraging quick scoping, drop shotting and the ever popular camping. The multiplayer requires absolutely no skill, however if your parents checkbook is brimming with cash, you are in luck! if you buy all the dlc guns and add ons, you instantly because a machine at this game! the multiplayer is atrocious, way too much air support in the air at once, making moving impossible, let alone respawning which is another cluster of crap. BF4 may be a broken game but it is much better than this overpolished garbage. save your money
  45. Aug 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Who would've thought, this game is actually good. Finally infinity ward tried to make the franchise better, I mean, not being a fanboy, but this game is really fresh, not mentioning the "same old" multiplayer.
    But the story, the gameplay was so interesting. I wasnt so hyped for this game, and I dont know why, because this is the best COD game since Black Ops.
  46. Jul 26, 2014
    As usual, online spoiled by hackers. Ban these knob heads for life and it would be an ok game. Not a scratch on Battlefield though. Loved Modern warfare 1&2, but the glitchers have ruined it for most people nowadays
  47. Jul 21, 2014
    Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these ****Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these **** fanboys, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same **** thing, over and over and over and over and over again, Thinking "This time it's going to be different, no no no please, this time it's going to be different. Expand
  48. Jul 19, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a small disappointment to most people.
    Ghost is a Black Ops 2 clone to most people and some think it as a new and fine addition to the franchise.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a small disappointment to most people.
    Ghost was okay by my standers and I played the entire Modern Warfare and Black Ops series, Ghost fells like a rushed game but has a small selection of entertainment hidden in it. If you watch Rooster Teeth's let's play videos there a fun game type they created called sensitivity training where you and some friends have to set the sensitivity to the highest or the lowest. There's two way you could do it a Free-For-All match or in a Team-death match make one team have the highest sensitivity and the other team the lowest.
    However Ghosts can get boring if you play it like an other Call of Duty, some games require a small amount of creativity to enjoy it.
    In the end it get a reasonable score of 6 or a 5.
  49. Jul 17, 2014
    got this game for 10 bucks off ebay and ill say it, i over paid. its a tired, regurgitated game thats just plane boring. poor game play, poor extras, poor multiplayer. over all its not worth a buy. borrow from a friend if have to play it but DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!!
  50. Jul 16, 2014
    this game sucks. activision infinity ward trearch wants your money that is about it. open your eyes to the bs you fan boy pricks. just because call of duty was good doesnt mean every single one actually is dum as bichs
  51. Jul 16, 2014
    for all you people out there rating it two and zero you are right and wrong. the single player is average but not as bad as say cod 3 but that is not saying much. the multi player is the same friggin thing again extinction is intresting enough and i found myself ingnoring squads after a while. and the game has some outdated visuals sometimes ghosts a 2013 release looks worse than mw3 afor all you people out there rating it two and zero you are right and wrong. the single player is average but not as bad as say cod 3 but that is not saying much. the multi player is the same friggin thing again extinction is intresting enough and i found myself ingnoring squads after a while. and the game has some outdated visuals sometimes ghosts a 2013 release looks worse than mw3 a 2011 release. all in all ghosts is average it is not the worst cod ever but it is not the best one either. and the facial animations are awful. and the multiplayer learning curve is way too high. if you want a good cod game from IW get cod 4 or mw2 those are better games and are worth more of your time than ghosts Expand
  52. Jul 11, 2014
    This is not in my opinion ,"The Worst Call Of Duty". This is a another Call of Duty for 60 dollars that everyone hates but this is maybe one of the cheapest excuse from a company that has allot of talent. The Campian is a sad excuse the ending is a cheap cut from a bad movie like Far Cry or Max Payne. The Muitiplayer is god awful no the maps are too big I can see that it's for "Next Gen"This is not in my opinion ,"The Worst Call Of Duty". This is a another Call of Duty for 60 dollars that everyone hates but this is maybe one of the cheapest excuse from a company that has allot of talent. The Campian is a sad excuse the ending is a cheap cut from a bad movie like Far Cry or Max Payne. The Muitiplayer is god awful no the maps are too big I can see that it's for "Next Gen" but at least make an point saying that it would be difficult but that's a poor excuse. The Graphics are terrible World at War had better graphics then this. It I would Rate this it would be really a D because I had fun for the first two days at least but it made laugh allot . Expand
  53. Jul 7, 2014
    Oh my god this game sucks.. Cod started downgrading after MW2 and led to this.. campaign sucks..Multiplayer maps are huge and designed for camping making this game impossible to enjoy.
  54. Jul 5, 2014
    Let's be honest, this is not the best Call of Duty, but it is better than most people will say it is. The campaign is good, the multiplayer is good, extinction is good, but not many things are truly great about ghosts.

In multiplayer the guns kill fast simply because the hit detection is nearly perfect, something that was not existent in other games in this franchise. The maps are bigger, which was a risk that didn't necessarily work. There are also lots of flank routes. Another risk that is helpful and yet annoying at the same time. Cranked is a fun anti camp tdm variant and blitz is a ctf variant, each of these bring a new element to the previous game modes. The DLC has some re-skinned maps, which is fine with me. There are plenty of gun camos that you can buy and some are worth the money. There are new voice packs, new customizable player models, new game modes and smooth online matches with little lag. The multiplayer is up to par in this game.

Extinction is not my favorite, just a zombies spin of, but it can be fun to play on occasion.

The campaign is one to play through that you will enjoy, but it is not worth replaying.

Squads is something I personally love. Yes, playing bots is boring, but there is one game mode hidden away in the squads menu I will recommend to anyone. This is safeguard. There have been survival modes in cod before, but something about this one is better. Putting it in words will not do safeguard justice, just play the mode with three or friends and you will see how fun it can be.

Ghosts is a under rated game, but some of the hate it gets is for good reason. Some textures are below average, extinction is below expectations, but the multiplayer modes are definitely good enough to last until the next game of this franchise
  55. Jul 5, 2014
    I have been a long time Call of Duty fan, all the way from the beginning. With that being said, I will have to say that the current game, Call of Duty Ghosts, has made an enormous plummet in the series. While the graphics are amazing as always, and the campaign is great, the multiplayer aspect of the game has lost its edge. I feel that the developers have attempted too hard to add featuresI have been a long time Call of Duty fan, all the way from the beginning. With that being said, I will have to say that the current game, Call of Duty Ghosts, has made an enormous plummet in the series. While the graphics are amazing as always, and the campaign is great, the multiplayer aspect of the game has lost its edge. I feel that the developers have attempted too hard to add features (in hopes to prevent people from crying that this game is only an expansion pack), and focused less on game play.

I am all about "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach. While it is definitely important to update the game to keep it from feeling repetitive, it's also important to make sure to not steer too far away from what makes a game to be part of the franchise. While playing Ghosts, I feel that I am not playing Call of Duty anymore, but a knockoff wannabe.

The developers need to revisit the core aspects of CoD 4: Modern Warfare, and go from there.
  56. Jul 5, 2014
    This Game is pure trash…. I love COD, but this is definitely NOT COD. The Story is pure trash.
    The multiplayer is the most boring thing since… I don't know to remember such a boring thing.
    The game probably was made for 6 year olds?
  57. Jun 29, 2014
    at first this game was decent at best. unfortuneantly things like an abismal amount of lag, campers, and the most annoying thing i have ever seen in a call of duty, IED's, have made this game go spiraling downhill. There is no sense in gun balance. i only see about 4 or 5 guns being used at any time. I will say that the graphics are very good on the xbox one but more or less the same asat first this game was decent at best. unfortuneantly things like an abismal amount of lag, campers, and the most annoying thing i have ever seen in a call of duty, IED's, have made this game go spiraling downhill. There is no sense in gun balance. i only see about 4 or 5 guns being used at any time. I will say that the graphics are very good on the xbox one but more or less the same as cod 4 on the 360. There is nothing innovative about this game it is just recycled ideas from previous titles. Black ops 2 is by far the best call of duty i have played and is far superior to this. I will also say that because of how dissapointing this game is i will not be getting any call of duty games made by infinty ward anytime soon. At least we have Treyarch... Expand
  58. Jun 28, 2014
    this game was thought to be good but i knew it was bad from the start and guess what it was bad this game sucks becuase ghost as a character sucks and so does infanty ward who almost killed call of duty with this **** piece of a game.
  59. Jun 21, 2014
    This game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have muchThis game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have much depth but it is fun for the shortness that it is. If you want this game just for the Campaign DO NOT GET IT. If you want it for online, okay get it just don't expect it to be like Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets a 6/10
  60. Jun 13, 2014
    Call of Duty Ghosts was great fun but I think the Ghosts Hacks like these caused an issue with the game. If the new game isn't any better I'm not sure what I'll do.
  61. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My PROS and CONS list about how I feel about Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Pros:
    - 60 FPS Goodness on Current Gen Platforms
    - Soldier Customization
    - Next Gen COD Engine
    - Squads mode behave like real COD players
    - Extinction Mode
    - The Graphics brings back that MW2 feeling on Current Gen only
    Cons:
    - The Campaign is dull and did a lazy job on creating a narrative on COD Ghosts
    - That copy and paste scene pissed me off
    - Multiplayer makes you rage a lot when a dude shoots you out of nowhere
    - Too much large maps makes this game very slow, I prefer fast paced maps as MW2 or BO2 please!
    - The same devs of COD from MW3 shows up and f#cks up the Infinity Ward COD Franchise again...
    - Infinity Ward doesn't feel like Infinity Ward to me no more.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the best casual shooter on the Current Generation consoles but it doesn't suit very well on Next Gen when it comes to the lack of Story, the repetitive multiplayer and the quality of the game. Still the graphics and the 60fps in this game is a surprise though..!
  62. Jun 11, 2014
    When I first got the game out and started playing I enjoyed it. About a week later it was boring as explict. The game just became boring after a while. Not only was it getting boring people started to use the same gun. Over and over after I got killed they were all using the same gun. Now im not gonna say the specific gun name but, all I know is that it was OP and everyone used it.
  63. Jun 7, 2014
    The game itself isn't too bad, but the people who play online are the problem. You go into a room and most of the time you would get sprayed down by someone sitting in the corner. People generally only use the over powered guns. You rarely encounter any snipers in the game.

I like extinction though and it I think they should look at adding more stuff to that. In my opinion, it is an

In my opinion, it is an improvement on black ops 1 and 2 and mw3
  64. Jun 4, 2014
    Eh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you doEh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you do you ARE going to get shot. And your health in the game is pretty dang pathetic, not to mention the QUICKSCOPERS. My gosh, just stop making snipers seriously just stop, and then you won't have to worry about that. Extinction was a nicely done job, that's probably why this game isn't in the negatives, the story is pretty well set out, but the game play is just to dang impossible, I mean who's idea was it to make it so hard it is unbeatable to most people. Would recommend this? No not really, it was good, but not worth the 120$ that I paid for it. I really liked call of duty 4 modern warfare, I liked the whole modern warfare series. This just kind of made me lose everything I liked in call of duty, I mean seriously, make something new, don't just make the same thing YEAR after YEAR. It get's really boring playing the same thing again and again, just paying more money for it. Seriously, do something creative, I've about had it with this crap. And I am pretty sure that "Advanced Warfare" is going to have the same thing in it. Expand
  65. Jun 3, 2014
    before people come and hate on my score i want to make something clear, i am not a cod "fanboy" i rarely play cod games. so ghosts starts as a usual war game there is a war between usa and the federation which actually got me picked in because i aint fighting rusia or middle east people (looking at you mw3)
    i am fighting south-american people (im half brazilian so i got kinda mad but not that much) the story is (by the first time in cod history (since mw1-mw2) pretty good, i liked the characters and the way of the performance each of one did and i kinda played the story in a spree (lastly did on mw2) because it is good and actually makes me feel good/bad about the characters, let me tell you that the villain is a super a$$h0L and makes me wanna kill him so dam bad but careful because i do not want my squad killed (riley too he is a dam good dog) but at the end i just felt a bit unsatisfied (*SPOLIER* well not actually because the end is a f0k!ng cliffhanger)
    multiplayer: oh boy here is the hard part i will just sum it up
    the multiplayer brings something fresh but bad at the same time, big maps ? horrible, bad and a FaZe wannabe battleground, weapons are kinda balanced but you need to play OptIC style to figure it out
    extinction: not bad but not the best boring 50% and good 50% so its a 5/10 for me
    overall dont trust the battlefield fanboys that hate this game, gta zombies hatin and overall the usual trolls
    if you are looking for a decent/good story then buy it and if you are looking for aliens hard to beat and working together then buy it anything else it is up to you
  66. May 21, 2014
    They need a major update 1. It just feels so wrong the story is good but the multyplayer is just trash. 2. Why are these maps so big 3. Why is it that you left out one of the best game modes for example (all or nothing, and MITD. Last 4. ITS JUST A GAME TO BE EXPLOITED WITH WORTHLESS DLC 3 DOLLARS FOR A TRASH CAMO ITS MUST MONEY W******G
  67. May 17, 2014
    Underated game.
    very good looking
    excellent shooting
    nice story and missions
    fun and entertaining

come on... that user score.. really? COME ON
    if you're getting bored with fps games, try something different !
  68. May 14, 2014
    The campaign sucked so I won't even mention it. Extinction was refreshing at first compared to zombies but it quickly lost enjoyment. The multiplayer I at first didn't like but after accepting that it wasn't taking any huge leaps forward and playing the game for what it was I found to have a much better time with it. The gloss, graphics, sound, controls were all top notch in my opinion.The campaign sucked so I won't even mention it. Extinction was refreshing at first compared to zombies but it quickly lost enjoyment. The multiplayer I at first didn't like but after accepting that it wasn't taking any huge leaps forward and playing the game for what it was I found to have a much better time with it. The gloss, graphics, sound, controls were all top notch in my opinion. The spawns were a little funky but I think it helps get rid of campers and makes the game much more fluent. The maps were hard to get to know but once I became familiar with them I enjoyed it much more. Also the shootouts I'd find myself in in multiplayer were always intense and found myself using tactics and out maneuvering the other players for an advantage. The create a soldier was alright, nothing special but I liked the uniform customization. Overall, extinction and the campaign could have not existed for all I care because the multiplayer is obviously the center piece but don't expect any giant changes but just a refined, enjoyable experience. Expand
  69. May 8, 2014
    Stereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you'reStereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you're going to listen to tweens, adults, and kids act immaturely simply because of a game. The maps aren't too dynamic, it's all "ooh, I knocked down a tree!" And the like. There isn't much difference between platforms, it's just a bit improved on the graphics side. Expand
  70. May 7, 2014
    COD: Ghosts is a fun and involving game, in this installment they just try to throw you into the action from start to bottom without changing the mood, though it maybe means excellent but the quality of the story sometimes lacks and sometimes seems childish, Overall game is good enough
  71. May 5, 2014
    what is up with the critics these days, seriously ign and gamespot in particular have to think about who they hire. WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS: it is pretty much the same as all the cods before it, they could at least try to innovate by putting a longer campaign and they didnt, stupid waste of money dont buypls
  72. May 4, 2014
    Not really much to say about it. Never played it. But I know it's terrible. I'm giving it a 0 to counteract all the hooligans giving it a 10. Apparently this needs to be 150 characters long so... there.
  73. May 3, 2014
    Campaign I give a solid 9. Extinction i give a seven. It had a good playout but if you had it set up like zombies it would've been better. People like zombies better than this. Multiplayer, straight terrible. It is like you have to play for a year nonstop to get to a level where you can actually get some fun. Nobody wants to prestige because the low levels have no chance. Overall I thinkCampaign I give a solid 9. Extinction i give a seven. It had a good playout but if you had it set up like zombies it would've been better. People like zombies better than this. Multiplayer, straight terrible. It is like you have to play for a year nonstop to get to a level where you can actually get some fun. Nobody wants to prestige because the low levels have no chance. Overall I think this was the worst Call of Duty Game of all time. I can't wait to see treyarc's new game. All the people I know never by infinity ward games so they wait till treyarc makes another. Expand
  74. May 1, 2014
    Its a good game not a great. I like the campaign and the only really fun the is that they brought back infected and safeguard. The weapon and attachments are really cool and has very good graphics.
  75. Apr 29, 2014
    Same game play mechanics, overrated dynamics, and barely any immersion. Traded it in and bought battlefield. No regrets.

The newest DLC is pay-to-win garbage which include overpowered weapons at a £12 price tag. I swear I shall never buy a Call of Duty game again.
  76. Apr 29, 2014
    Time for a review that actually bases complaints within some logical bounds. Here we go.
    I'll be reviewing the most important part of any CoD game: The Multiplayer
    I'm going to split this up into progression (unlocks and challenges) and gameplay (spawning, the weapons, the maps, etc.) MULTIPLAYER PROGRESSION: Unlocking equipment in this game is, to be blunt, a joke. It uses a token
    I'll be reviewing the most important part of any CoD game: The Multiplayer

MULTIPLAYER PROGRESSION:
    Unlocking equipment in this game is, to be blunt, a joke. It uses a token system much like Black Ops II did, where you earn tokens and spend them unlocking weapons, grenades, and attachments. The problem however comes when you learn that you earn these tokens incredibly slowly. Unless you want to spend your entire time playing the game trying to complete various challenges that you've already done five times before, you will be constantly stuck using one weapon. You're constantly slapped with the choice of playing the game in some irritating way to unlock your new equipment, or actually enjoying the game and unlocking nothing. This actually wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the game's "prestige" system, which works nothing like previous CoD games did. In order to advance to the later prestiges, you must save up hundreds of tokens at a time...EACH.

You can't have cons without the pros though, so what did the game's progression system do correctly? Well...not much. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that you get to choose the order in which you unlock your items, which is both a blessing and a curse. Curse, in that all of the irritating overpowered weapons (and this game has several) are not something you will ever be able to avoid in a match, because everyone has unlocked them. I suppose the perk system earns itself an honorable mention as well, it is actually very cool, however you should be able to have more perks than you currently can, as most of the inexpensive perks are worthless, and the useful ones cost FAR too much.

The game's challenge system is easily it's worst point, it's just an absolute nightmare. You can have at most several 'active' challenges at a time, and you can only earn credit towards those challenges. In order to get new challenges, you must reset all progress on current challenges to be given a new and completely random list.

Prestige challenges are gone. Yeah, you heard that correctly. No more are the days of showing off your gorgeous 1000 lifetime AC-130 kills title.

Which brings me to my next point: Previous Infinity Ward titles always let you show off 2 cool things at once in the form of a title and an emblem. For example, if I had 1000 Barrett .50 Cal headshots, and 500 Intervention headshots, I could display the title and emblem showing off my mastery of the game's sniper rifles. It was epic. That feeling of accomplishment was unparalleled. It's gone too.

In place of these awesome accomplishments are stale and sometimes downright bad looking 'patches' that reuse the same icons and change the border colors as you advance from bronze to silver to gold. The vast majority of these challenges aren't difficult to complete with any effort. While I am a skilled CoD player, consistently ranking in the top 15,000 on global accuracy charts, there are many better than me. The sense of accomplishment is entirely gone in this game, as any unlocks can be easily equated to "Time spent playing the game." It's hollow, it's frustrating, and it's enjoyment-ruining. I was able to get 4 of what I deemed were the game's 5 most difficult to earn patches in my first 8 hours of play.

THE GAMEPLAY:

The first few times you play it, it feels great. I'll give it that. You die frequently due to not knowing the maps, and often times you still manage to have fun because you can attribute your suckage to simply being new to the game.

However, as you become more familiar with the game, one thing becomes strikingly apparent: Everyone is camping. Did the run-and-gun players leave?

In a short manner of answering: yeah, they did.

This game is tremendously balanced toward favoring a style of play where one sits and waits for unsuspecting players walking by your field of view. Personally, I've always been a run-and-gun player. I want the action, and I get frequently irritated when my gameplay is ruined by people who, for whatever reason, chose not to use their left joystick.

After about a dozen games, I too found myself camping. It's all you can do.

The spawn system is outright broken on many maps, with enemies spawning, in many situations, 20 feet behind you and with their gun pointed to your back.

If you don't camp, you'll often find yourself instantaneously dead because this game's assault rifles are 3-hit-kill laserbeams that scarcely kick, if at all, when fired. This allows the campers to kill fast moving targets with blinding speed that allows them no time to escape.

The maps themselves are actually rather well done. If the engine in which they were played wasn't terrible, they would be good, and I dare say even great.

Conclusion: 3/10
    5000 CHARACTER LIMIT
    (I wasn't done) :(
  77. Apr 23, 2014
    You want honesty? Ill be the one to give it to you. Call of Duty Ghosts is COD 4 with yet another new paintjob. The same core concepts and features as featured prevoiusly are here, but they're just dressed up to look new and exciting. Dont get me wrong, the concepts were revolutionary and reinvigorated the FPS genre. But after 7 years of constant recycling, its time for this to end. FinalYou want honesty? Ill be the one to give it to you. Call of Duty Ghosts is COD 4 with yet another new paintjob. The same core concepts and features as featured prevoiusly are here, but they're just dressed up to look new and exciting. Dont get me wrong, the concepts were revolutionary and reinvigorated the FPS genre. But after 7 years of constant recycling, its time for this to end. Final verdict: if you've played COD 4 or any game after, than you've played this one too. Save youre money for something more worthwhile. Expand
  78. Apr 22, 2014
    I've played COD since cod4 and I'm sorry to say but I feel like the developers are trying to hard these days.. Making it way to easy for the average person or ( Noob ) to get into a game lobby and be able to enjoy it. Less recoil with all guns, able to unlock late game guns, attachments, and perks just with a few squad points.. Cod4 and mw2 are the best in the series because of the factI've played COD since cod4 and I'm sorry to say but I feel like the developers are trying to hard these days.. Making it way to easy for the average person or ( Noob ) to get into a game lobby and be able to enjoy it. Less recoil with all guns, able to unlock late game guns, attachments, and perks just with a few squad points.. Cod4 and mw2 are the best in the series because of the fact that you had to earn everything. I love cod but it definitely needs more touch on gameplay and less on cosmetics Expand
  79. Apr 21, 2014
    Outright terrible,anyone looking for a FPS for their console should look the other way,the horrible hit detection and frustratingly awful amount of lag compensation make this game painful to play,the story itself is very interesting but ruins the premise with a horrible cliffhanger that just irritates you more at the fact that yes,there will be a Ghosts 2.Bad experience.
  80. ECU
    Apr 18, 2014
    Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes",Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes", "one bullet-one kill" moments every damn level, like every five minutes, it WILL NOT excite the players. I have to say again the story feels like it has been written by a 15 year old who's seen 5 or 6 war movies in it's entire life. The graphics looks worse than Black Ops 2 and I think it's meant so to make the next-gen version look way more better. Sound design also lacks the quality of the CoD series. IW, Neversoft and Raven are all respectable and talented studios but they wasn't ready to work together it seems. Activision should cancel the "one CoD every year" policy and start thinking about a fresh start with a lot more time and creativity. Expand
  81. Apr 14, 2014
    infinity ward went backwards, how can you mess up the formula so bad that you go backwards with your game? All assault rifles (which are less than the prequel) do kind of the same damage, have the same recoil, the same freaking everything. if that wasn't enough, you die so freaking fast that it is just a game of stealth now. and to top it all off you have to pay extra money to buy some newinfinity ward went backwards, how can you mess up the formula so bad that you go backwards with your game? All assault rifles (which are less than the prequel) do kind of the same damage, have the same recoil, the same freaking everything. if that wasn't enough, you die so freaking fast that it is just a game of stealth now. and to top it all off you have to pay extra money to buy some new weapons that are more powerfull than the other ones. The single player is worthless, i got bored after an hour of gameplay. There is a cutscene that have the same motion of a previous game. I feel violated by infinity ward for buying such a horrible game. Modern warfare 1, 2 and 3 were amazing, but ghosts... lets just say I rather use it as a frisbee than play the game again. Expand
  82. Apr 13, 2014
    Call of Duty ghost is the worst game infinity wards ever came out with I am never going to play that game ever. If infinity wards is seeing this than smd you dirty basters
  83. Apr 12, 2014
    COD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games from different developers. However Ghost has readjusted the levels forcing player to pretty much relearn how to play the game. The biggest being damage levels. Regular mode multiplayer feels almost like Hardcore on previous CODs and Hardcore mode might asCOD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games from different developers. However Ghost has readjusted the levels forcing player to pretty much relearn how to play the game. The biggest being damage levels. Regular mode multiplayer feels almost like Hardcore on previous CODs and Hardcore mode might as well be insta-kill. That along with large difference on how to play different classes of weapons to even the weapons themselves calls for a decent amount of learning, practice, and proper class setups to make them work. Single player mode retains most of it previous CODs theatrics, cinematic moments, and just plain gimmicks to make it as interesting as always. The create a player for multiplayer ended up as just another gimmick rather than an engaging, personal touch. The lack of selection, customization and sheer work to get even somewhat interesting options completely take away from the worthwhile aspect of this feature. ( Why is it that you have to unlock some of even the regular character heads not to mention 1 or 2 versions of each head with paint on them.) This is an aspect I have had for a FPS game for a while now and was excited that it was finally being done. However even before it came out I knew it would be poorly executed and not executed correctly to give the players the true customize, personalized feel. (There is no pride in the characters I have created. They are just another random soldier that doesn't stick out and looks like a dozen others) Finally however there are a few cool gimmicks that Ghost has offered that do bring an element of interest to the game and salvage a part of its reputation. First off the Micheal Myers and Predator field orders. These two are really cool and highly sought after additions to the game. They add a whole different feel, twist, and exhilaration to the game. ( Your blood pumps just a little faster when you hear the music change and know that Micheal Myers or Predator is out there on the prowl.) Finally there is the addition of some of the classic levels from previous COD series being brought back in map packs. While this is one that I have always wondered why they didn't do in previous COD titles I have to say that now I may know why. It is good to see some of these return however they seem to fall short and not feel as interesting as before. Also some of these have come back under the wrong pretenses. While it is advertised as a new map pack your are really getting an old map and then a few new maps. Also the names for these maps should stay the same as the old maps. (Ultimately they probably should just be bundled together in a old school map pack.) The final enhancements of new dog/wolf skin and villains map pack have been interesting and a small step in the right direction to giving the game a slight bit of a custom feel. COD: Ghost overall however has been a let down. Now we will just have to wait and see if next will continue the downward slide or if Activision will be able to redeem itself. Expand
  84. Apr 11, 2014
    Call of Duty is back (again) but once again, it disappoints to reach the level of awesomeness as both CoD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2

Campaign The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you

Campaign
    The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you kill Russians (why Russian's, why not Chinese, Japanese, or Germans again) but the second mission has a bit of stealth, the game overall has a bit of stealth (like most games have now) but you can control a dog, which may seem awesome for a bit, but there is a problem with it, is there any point of stealth (and how did you get pass so easily?) answer is no, whatever you do, is shoot, there going to find you one way or another
    Campaign = 7/10 It gets 7 because its ending makes you wish for more, and ends with a cliffhanger, which nearly confirms a sequel

Multiplayer
    Now im going to get some hate i guess for this, but the multiplayer is the bad thing in CoD, and has been since Black Ops (Black Ops was the game that destroyed CoD) but it tries to be good, it just is the same as all of the other CoD's
    Multiplayer = 2/10, gets 2 for being the same, only above 0 because it has some new stuff which can be entertaining, for about 30 seconds

Extinction
    So i had no interest with this mode, but i gave it a go, and this is a ok mode, but it won't be replacing Zombies with its fun, its a story based mode, which is very annoying to do, it even has strategy (IT HAS!... for once), thing is, it feels boring quick, feels like Zombies mode with Aliens and no Zombies, with taking away the windows.
    Extinction = 5/10, Could have got a higher score if it wasn't for it being boring easily

Overall = 6/10, Call of Duty Ghosts buries Multiplayer dead, Campaign misses the trick and a game mode which has fun, but only for a short while, would've given 4/10 if it wasn't for the new tricks
  85. Apr 9, 2014
    I'm just going to flat out say this is one of the most boring game I have ever played. It's the same game, but with larger maps and less players. I borrowed this game from a friend who was borrowing it from his cousin and both me and him are thankful we didn't waste our money on this. In a match I spent the entire time just running around looking for something to shoot. I didn't like theI'm just going to flat out say this is one of the most boring game I have ever played. It's the same game, but with larger maps and less players. I borrowed this game from a friend who was borrowing it from his cousin and both me and him are thankful we didn't waste our money on this. In a match I spent the entire time just running around looking for something to shoot. I didn't like the other Cod games for their generic and unappealing gameplay, but at least in those games there was frequent action. If you want a good shooter for the 360 than I'd recommend Halo or Battlefield. Expand
  86. Apr 8, 2014
    Es un CoD mas de lo mismo, algunas cosas novedosas, pero son muy pocas, un motor grafico que es ya algo desfasado, un ritmo un poco lento comparado con otro CoD, pese a todo es un buen shooter, pero que tarde o temprano aburre.
  87. Apr 7, 2014
    Another great entry into the COD series. New multiplayer really makes building a soldier much more strategic. Campaign kept moving and was not bogged down by tons of dialogue. I loved Black Ops 1 but Black Ops 2 just had too much talking I couldn't finish it. This campaign I finished however. Graphics don't take a great step forward but I'm sure when they design a game specifically for theAnother great entry into the COD series. New multiplayer really makes building a soldier much more strategic. Campaign kept moving and was not bogged down by tons of dialogue. I loved Black Ops 1 but Black Ops 2 just had too much talking I couldn't finish it. This campaign I finished however. Graphics don't take a great step forward but I'm sure when they design a game specifically for the next gen systems it will. Played Extinction some and seems like great fun so far. No one ever points out that COD basically gives you 3-4 games in one its one of the best values around for $60, and I got this one for 360 for $29.99 brand new, presumably because of the Xbox One being out. For the crybabies who complain that is looks just like all the other COD games: if you dont want a game that looks and plays like a Call of Duty game, don't buy a Call of Duty game! Duh Expand
  88. Apr 2, 2014
    AWFUL! I liked any other CoD game, but this is a complete garbage, "Oh, new game, it is really awesome" NO Graphics are HORRIBLE, gameplay is Ok, history not at all, but about all: Graphics, maybe a CoD fan boy liked MW 1 and 2, but this... is horrible. I was playing and after 2 minutes i was vomiting in my Xbox. It is the same than other CoD game, but with a dog.
  89. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is bad , the campaign is OK the multiplayer is **** and extinction is very fun, not as good as zombies,but still very good. The multiplayer suck mainly due to the maps and how well people blend in and the fact that all guns, except 3 or 4 are terrible no I dont' hate COD I just hate this one
  90. Mar 31, 2014
    (NOTE: I am reviewing the base game and will not be referring to any of the DLC.) After thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 2 I was hoping this would be an improvement, or at least just as good. But this is a huge step backwards. I'll start with Single Player: It's a cliche story with uninteresting characters and extremely linear boring missions that give the player little to no choice. Now on(NOTE: I am reviewing the base game and will not be referring to any of the DLC.) After thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 2 I was hoping this would be an improvement, or at least just as good. But this is a huge step backwards. I'll start with Single Player: It's a cliche story with uninteresting characters and extremely linear boring missions that give the player little to no choice. Now on to Multiplayer: The maps in this game were larger than normal for the CoD series, which they obviously did to compete with Battlefield. However, the large maps just don't fit the gameplay style of Call of Duty and the multiplayer suffers. You'll end up using either rifles or submachine guns as they will be the most effective. This gets very boring though because you'll end up doing the same thing every match instead of trying something new and interesting. Like most CoD games, there were also "perks" to choose from. They were done in a different fashion where each perk was worth points, the better ones being more expensive and vice versa. You had a limited number of points to choose perks from. This sounds balanced in theory though sometimes perks were to expensive and were bad, or too cheap and were extremely powerful. There were also killstreaks in this game, though you'll probably only stick to a few of them as most of them are not very useful. One thing I did like about the multiplayer was the customization that you could do on your character. You could change your characters outfit, gender, etc. This was purely cosmetic but was still a nice way to make a unique character. Now, there is one more mode to talk about. The mode is called "Extinction" and is very similar to Treyarch's "Zombies" mode. In Extinction you and up to three other people fight aliens and try to destroy every hive the aliens are coming from. You also earn points along the way to buy new guns and upgrades. This was by far the most fun mode in the game, though it didn't feel as fun or polished as Zombies. The one level you get with the base game get's old very fast and isn't that interesting to begin with. Extinction also lacks the interesting weapons that Zombies has and you'll just be using the same weapons from multiplayer and singleplayer. Overall I can't recommend Call of Duty: Ghosts to fans of the series or new players, as I feel both will most likely be disappointed. The game is a huge step backwards from previous titles and doesn't offer the same enjoyment. Expand
  91. Mar 27, 2014
    Sorry Acitvision, this game wasn't the best. It had a good enough storyline and multiplayer, but the maps that come with the game are just bad. Nothing unique about these maps, they make one play one certain map over and over. (In a bad way.) I might say this game doesn't deserve even a low 5..
  92. Mar 26, 2014
    alright it's basically the same **** just a different title. Campaign brings a bit of fun shooting gallery arcade style gameplay as always that has a very unique story. The new Squads mode adds more to the AI in game and let's you attack other squads on set maps. Extinction mode brings new strategic fun to the "survival modes" the games have started. My main gripe is the multiplayer. Fewalright it's basically the same **** just a different title. Campaign brings a bit of fun shooting gallery arcade style gameplay as always that has a very unique story. The new Squads mode adds more to the AI in game and let's you attack other squads on set maps. Extinction mode brings new strategic fun to the "survival modes" the games have started. My main gripe is the multiplayer. Few maps and Weapons makes it feel sort of useless and the unlock system is annoying as you can purchase the best weapon at any level and make it pointless to grind for xp like other games. The multiplayer is also just filled with campers and people who exploit to win the games causing it to be annoying to play (back to BF3 or any old cod or even GTA for that matter). This game was a waste of the full 60 bucks (i payed 40 on xbox for on demand at christmas) recommend you play anything else or just wait for the price to drop. This is a good game don't get me wrong it is just annoying to play sometimes Expand
  93. Mar 24, 2014
    Atleast this game works right, I'm having a much more pleasant experience playing this than Bf4.

Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 demonstrates that there are pros and cons to everything, but when a game is worse than the other but works right, it's a better game and has a big advantage. Three months ago I went to play Ghosts, still playing it now and I'm done with Bf4, sorry EA.

However I judge COD and other franchises in their own rights, I'm just making a point the people at EA needs to see.
  94. Mar 24, 2014
    Ok there's a little upgrade in the graphics, it has 3 new movements, and finaly dedicated server for next gen. But that's it. It's still being the same game.
  95. Mar 17, 2014
    Pro: Nothing
    Con:
    Kill streak sucks and no variety. Same old kill streaks. Snipers are so **** easy to use. There is still quickscoping Maps **** suck. Siege you cant **** see **** Chasm the ****tiest map in the call of duty series Guard Dog that thing is the most annoying thing You cant dodge an IED There are flank routes to flank routes Some many head glitches and camping spots
    Pro: Nothing
    Con:
    Kill streak sucks and no variety. Same old kill streaks.
    Snipers are so **** easy to use. There is still quickscoping
    Guard Dog that thing is the most annoying thing
    You cant dodge an IED
    There are flank routes to flank routes
    Some many head glitches and camping spots
    Spawns are **** up
    Get knifed from a mile away because of lunging in the game
    Lag, no dedicated servers as they promise
  96. Mar 17, 2014
    As a call of duty player who has played call of duty for almost 3-4 years I've had high expectations for this game. And overall I think they did a good job here is how I see it.

Graphics: 10 Campaign:9 Multiplayer:8 Replay value(How long the game keeps you hooked):9 (Varies on how good you are on the multiplayer.) Overall:9 Personally, I think this game is only suitable for

Graphics: 10
    Campaign:9
    Multiplayer:8
    Replay value(How long the game keeps you hooked):9
    (Varies on how good you are on the multiplayer.)
    Overall:9

Personally, I think this game is only suitable for hardcore FPS shooter fans. Ones that play competitively and live for killing and stomping people in multiplayer. That being said a lot of people who hate this game aren't very good at it... As it's not a very easy game to master. So I recommend this game to either people who like to challenge themselves who people who like to put there skills to the test. No I have found two things that I didn't like about the game that I felt brought it down to a 9 over a 10. The story dialog is very poor, it's not at all dramatic and for a war game like this I think it's crucial. And the last thing is the multiplayer kill streak awards should be buffed.
  97. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't buy Call of Duty: Ghosts, I didn't have spare cash laying around and I was starting to itch to play a new iteration of the franchise. I am now very very glad I didn't spend money on this game. Multiplayer is a joke. You will spawn 5 feet from the man that previously killed you and he WILL kill you again. The weapons are so similar its really down to whether you like the look of your gun instead of its stats. I've never felt like I've had a good gun-fight with someone in Ghosts, it's usually a case of seeing someone, unloading an entire assault rifle magazine into them, and not being rewarded with a kill. Instead, he will kill you, because he is using an SMG and on the Killcam, he saw you first. You will have been around a corner. You will have been out of that mans line of sight in your point of view. But you were not. The maps are boring, with washed-out colors and ruined scenery that is completely uninspired; what's more, it doesn't help that the pieces of debris on that ground start to blend into the characters themselves crouching next to them, lending more to getting killed before you even know whats going on.

As for the Single Player campaign, boy oh boy, that was a **** train-wreck (literally, in the end, SURPRISE). At first the story is interesting, you witness San Diego getting shelled from orbit, and then you're on the satellite SHELLING Earth from orbit as a large coalition of South American nations attack the USA, it's crazy action you expect from a Call of Duty campaign. What I don't expect, at least, is the 4 hours of boring **** that comes AFTER that 15 minutes of action. Yes, 4 hours, the game is exceptionally short. None of the characters are interesting or likeable. The Ghosts are all dicks, your father is a pretty rigid "I'm so proud of you boys" stereotype, and the main antagonist is just a **** smug **** He's not such a bad villian that you want him to die. You just want him to die. You just want to kill him and end the whole game because he's that stupid of an antagonist. You no longer want to suffer this horrible boring uninspired nightmare. At one point you capture him, unable to shoot him. "Just kill him," you tell yourself "Kill him and end this farce." Instead you capture him, bring him aboard an airplane, and then he pulls a Bain, his comrades yanking the plane in half and shaking your ass out like the last peanut in a jar of salty bland **** nuts. Great, so you establish you cannot capture him, and you didn't kill him when you had the chance. You suffer through a bunch of missions, only ONE of which uses their highly-touted dog companion. In later levels he does come back; as an escort mission. You have to carry him to a helicopter while a bunch of heavily armored South Americans shoot at you in Las Vegas. It's annoying, the dog as a character was pointless, and I felt nothing for him. In the final mission, you hop on the villains train, going on top of the train, car to car, dodging the improbable aiming skills of 30 Brazilians as they shoot tracking bullets at you on top of a train going at breakneck speeds around a 90 degree bend. You get to the lead train car where Rourke is waiting and there's a scuffle, you fire your death-missiles from orbit and knock his train into the ocean where you, your brother and the big bad fight. Your brother holds the big bad and, wait... doesn't this seem familiar? Isn't this the ending to Modern Warfare 2? You grab the some way to kill the big bad, a convenient .44 Revolver that the big bad drops, sacrificing your brother and piercing them both with the absolutely incredible stopping power of the weapon. It busts a window behind them, flooding the train-car. You swim out, carrying your very injured (probably at this point should be DEAD) brother out of the train car. You swim ashore, propping your bodies against a rock as you watch the Federation troops get their asses smashed by your orbital bombardment. You think it's over. You pray it's over. The big bad, who has been pierced by a .44 MAGNUM, who should have a GIANT HOLE IN HIS CHEST, kicks you in the face, dragging you away so he can turn you into what he was turned into. It is the most obvious sequel hook ever, it practically screams "We know you'll buy our game every year, so you'll have to wait for the next to finish this!" It spits in the face of anyone who is even remotely a fan of the series, and does not stand up to previous installments in any way. I am so glad I did not spend my money on this played-out ****. I wish I could get my time back.
  98. Mar 13, 2014
    this game is the best cod game I have ever played I bet those other reviews haven't even played the campaign or extinction this is the best game I have ever played
  99. Mar 12, 2014
    What is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it'sWhat is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it's the same thing.... opps forgot they added a dog that you can play as for a couple missions, oh and those fish physics......that has never been done before right>?? You idiots complain every year but you are the first one to put money in the pockets of the one of the worst companies (Activision) Ohhhh Activision, I remember the days where you use to work for Atari back in the 70s and got sick of working for a sweat shop and were sick of bad business practices... Now Activision is a company that became the thing they once hated..... Greed.... You keep dising out the money like that, they will keep making the same stale POS game, and anyone who gives this game a positive review.......please try and play other games other than COD because if you give this game a good score it is evident that you do not play many games... I think the reason why people do like this game is because it's a casual shooter that everyone can play and takes no skill... 10 year olds play this game..... I'm not saying Battelfield is the holy grail of shooters either, Battlefield use to be good but now it is following a grim path aswell.....Now you guys can buy titanfall and have an orgasm for 2 months because it's just like cod but the bots are worse and its only multiplayer online..... CoD should be buried, this game is popular for no reason, it's the most generic shooter ever and has not brought anything but BS to the gaming industry since coD 4 Expand
  100. Mar 11, 2014
    Playing Call of Duty Ghosts is kind of like pulling teeth. You start and you're like "Oh this is fine.. Nothing wrong with it." Then as it goes you realize how mistaken you are and it's as painful as hell.

Campaign you're supposed to be an elite group of marines called "Ghosts" experts in Gorilla warfare, and stealth. Not that you'd know playing this game. Rush an enemy base in a tank. Dogs flying out of front windows, no silencers, no stealth sections. Its "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: We didn't have Makarov and we wanted to rehash old stuff for you" It's as enjoyable as eating old mouldy leftovers.

Multiplayer is the Lag comped crap we know Ride to Hell Retri- I mean Call of Duty for. You have little variation in maps. Usually maps are small. Not in Ghosts. Nope. Ghosts lives up to it's name. All maps are LARGE empty maps that either shake a little, or have something that blows up if someone gets a Nuke- er I mean care package.

I go on call of duty weekly to see what 8 year olds my mom has been in bed with.

Overall I gotta say, compared to Ride to Hell Retribution call of duty is a sub par game at best. Compared to GTA 5, BF4, Portal, L4D, or any other game you see on the shelf. Call of Duty is a over priced piece of bargain bin crap.
  101. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.