6.2

1. Oct 29, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 shatters the old standard of excellence and has raised the bar for what it means to be an epic shooter. With a mind-shattering campaign, superb co-op play, and the deepest multiplayer experience on Live, Modern Warfare 2 is one of the greatest shooters in gaming history, and a must-own for fans of the genre.
  2. Jan 6, 2012
    So fun with friends. Late night games back in '09. Those were the days. After Modern Warfare 3 came out, I really appreciated MW2 and even Black OPS and how much better they are than the new game. This deserves a 10 for sucking a lot of my hours .
  3. nickp
    Jan 12, 2010
    idk what some of you guys are smoking but this is one of the best fps of all time. after mw1 i was a little dissapointed with world at war, but this came and just blew me away. the graphics are just amazing, story mode yes is a little short but incredibly good, spec ops very fun, and to top it off the mulpyplayer is by far the best thing ever!
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    MW2 is a great game, the single player campaign is entertaining and the multiplayer is awesome. The single player campaign is great although with a tears in it but still worth 6 hours of your time and then the multiplayer is addicting, you can do so much that the fun never stops. Special Ops is a nice feature as well because it is thrilling to see how many stars you can earn and willMW2 is a great game, the single player campaign is entertaining and the multiplayer is awesome. The single player campaign is great although with a tears in it but still worth 6 hours of your time and then the multiplayer is addicting, you can do so much that the fun never stops. Special Ops is a nice feature as well because it is thrilling to see how many stars you can earn and will definately entertain. Overall, MW2 is a great game, it keeps the elements of MW 1 that made it so great but throws in its own elelments to make itself unique. Breakdown for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Presentation: 9.5, Graphics: 9.7, Sound: 9.6, Playability: 9.5, Entertainment Value: 9.8. Overall Score: 9.5 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  5. HenkR
    Nov 10, 2009
    The Call of Duty experience is well known for its linearity and inability to push the envelope on innovative game design. But what Modern Warfare 2 lacks in innovation it more then makes up for in polish. It is one of the most exciting games to come out in years and it is definitely a must-buy for people looking for a great shooter experience. The single-player game is short but very The Call of Duty experience is well known for its linearity and inability to push the envelope on innovative game design. But what Modern Warfare 2 lacks in innovation it more then makes up for in polish. It is one of the most exciting games to come out in years and it is definitely a must-buy for people looking for a great shooter experience. The single-player game is short but very engaging, and it is backed up by one of the best online shooter experiences to date. Expand
  6. Jul 17, 2012
    One of the best games on Xbox. A breathtaking campaign and a stunning multiplayer. Great graphics with good sound. A brilliant game for Xbox gamers and CoD fans.
  7. DaveL.
    Nov 10, 2009
    The single player is short but intense. I would rather have a good short single player with a robust multi-player. The MP aspect of the game is absolutely mind blowing. It takes everything that was good about the first one and adds to it. I'm sure there are balancing issues that people will complain about but I haven't found any at this point. Spec ops is a ton of fun with a The single player is short but intense. I would rather have a good short single player with a robust multi-player. The MP aspect of the game is absolutely mind blowing. It takes everything that was good about the first one and adds to it. I'm sure there are balancing issues that people will complain about but I haven't found any at this point. Spec ops is a ton of fun with a friend. Not too fun single player. This is easily a 10 just based on the value that I will get out of this. Anyone giving lower than an 8 is just a fanboy of Halo, KZ2, UC2, etc. This is a great game that will keep me playing for months and months. Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2011
    The most awesome game in every single aspect on the CoD series . The gameplay is very smooth,the story is a little hard to follow but Epic , the multiplayer is addictive as coca-cola,the special ops is great for offline users not the best iteration but nice. The maps on the multiplayer are very well designed.
  9. JohnL
    Nov 10, 2009
    Ignore the user rating...bunch of PC gamers mad that they took away dedicated servers. This game on the 360 or PS3 is just a beast. It's even better than all the hype.
  10. May 22, 2011
    I think that it's a little obvious that the first half of the beginning user critics page is nothing more than a bunch of raging kids who are upset because they cannot win by camping on this game's multiplayer. My only response is that I'm glad that you hate this game, because judging by the way that I guarantee you play, I hate you too. This review is obviously more than a year late and II think that it's a little obvious that the first half of the beginning user critics page is nothing more than a bunch of raging kids who are upset because they cannot win by camping on this game's multiplayer. My only response is that I'm glad that you hate this game, because judging by the way that I guarantee you play, I hate you too. This review is obviously more than a year late and I realized that I just had to write my piece on this phenomenal shooter. Call me a COD nuthugger or whatnot, but when you discard your flaming nerd rage and begin to see clearly, you realize that this really is the top notch pinnacle of military shooters in modern gaming. And yes, it far exceeds Battlefield in almost every aspect. To start, the single player is most definitely and undeniably short, ranging in the neighborhood of about 3 hours or so. But those 3 hours are so remarkably jaw-dropping that it somehow forces you after completion to return to the first level and do it all over again. The voice-acting is tremendously well done, and the graphics, even by today's standards, are simply fantastic. The storyline is extremely believable and the campaign contains some of the most exciting set pieces and action sequences that I have ever witnessed in a shooter. From the very beginning stage, all the way up until the final firefight, I was completely mesmerized at the attention to detail the developers gave this game. The intense gunfights that take place on U.S. soil left me completely wowed, and never once was there a stale moment on the campaign. The Spec Ops co-op mode is a great addition to play through with a friend, providing a host of exciting short missions to blast through. Moving on to what really amazes me is the multiplayer. Every time that I enter another match, it reminds me that this really is the king of all first person shooters. The hit markers are near flawless, aiming is extremely smooth and tight, and the arsenal of weaponry is about as close to completely balanced as you can get. Most of the maps are fantastic, save for a few camper-oriented ones that I veto on sight. The sheer amount of perks, upgrades, weapon attachments, and challenges to unlock is almost overwhelming, and never ceases to be addicting. There is literally always something to keep playing towards to unlock. The newly added unlockable titles from the first game always has me working towards something new, and the emblems as well are a pure blast to unlock. The game keeps track of a huge array of statistics, ranging from obvious headshots of a gun, all the way to the number of times you killed someone with a direct flashbang impact. However, there are still some things that should be tweaked, such as the Danger Close perk and Commando perk, which are both noob-friendly and overpowered. I am a LEGIT level 70 tenth prestige, so I believe I have enough experience to voice my opinion on this. Also, the UMP45 could use a little toning down in terms of damage, accuracy, recoil, or anything else associated with it. The killstreaks are absolutely revolutionary, since you have wannabes such as Medal of Honor and Black Ops that straight up copied the majority of them. The amount of noob campers that are crying about how trashy this game is have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and are simply there to hate because this game is so popular. And it's popular for good reason too: it's the best military shooter on the market without a doubt. Even though the game infuriates me to no end (at times), I just take a step back and tell myself that despite all of my irrational rage, it's still the best there is, and I know that I'll go back to playing it the next day. And since the game is at a much lower price at the present, you cannot go wrong with this purchase if you enjoy military shooters or shooters in general. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    My friend and I used to play spec ops and took turns playing the multiplayer...All I could say was EPIC. Diss me as much as you want, but this is my opinion. The multiplayer had some disgusting servers with several lags within them, but they worked out fine. Yes, the noobtubers and campers are the bed bugs in this case, but ignore them; either God or Karma's gonna kick their ass. TheMy friend and I used to play spec ops and took turns playing the multiplayer...All I could say was EPIC. Diss me as much as you want, but this is my opinion. The multiplayer had some disgusting servers with several lags within them, but they worked out fine. Yes, the noobtubers and campers are the bed bugs in this case, but ignore them; either God or Karma's gonna kick their ass. The controls are smooth and silky as well as the weapons and their sounds. The campaign is kinda out of the topic, but spec ops is very entertaining especially when aided by a friend. A lot of missions completed, a lot more to go. Overall a great must-play game that definitely deserves its title. Expand
  12. JimR
    Nov 10, 2009
    Fantastic game. It's a shame bitter PC players who are scared of change and unwilling to acknowledge progress (IW Net) are voting this game down. The story is short but every second of the campaign is filled with unique and intense action. To make up for this hundreds of hours can be spent in the extensive/amazing multiplayer mode and Spec-Ops.
  13. SteveM
    Nov 10, 2009
    As a veteran, this has been the most thrilling and accurate representation of military action to date. Granted, the story was filled with over-the-top Hollywood excitement, I found the lingo, sound and graphics filled with such amazing details that I was having immersive flash-backs in the first five minutes.
  14. Aug 28, 2010
    Oh dear, users below are so wrong. There's nothing wrong with the game. It's perfect. If the unparalleled online multiplayer experience wasn't enough, you have the awesome (but short) campaign, and a kick-ass co-op mode (Special Ops). There's no reason to not buy this game. I run multiplayer with the wireless adaptor and rarely experience lag.. There are obviously PS3 fanboys at work below.
  15. NoahS
    Nov 10, 2009
    Awesome! That is the first word that comes to mind when I think of this game. It is epic all out war and the funnest multiplayer experience I have ever had, the only reason it has such a low score is because the non-haters are still playing CoD online
  16. JonathanA
    Nov 10, 2009
    First off, as of now, with 185 user votes, the game only has a 5.4... What in the heck is up with that? Have you even played the game? It's incredible! No fan boy from me. Multiplayer is just amazing and the campaign, though short, is stunning. Spec Ops is more fun then any other co-op game I've ever played. Better then horde, L4D, Firefight, etc... Best FPS ever maybe.
  17. IMac
    Nov 10, 2009
    I dont understand all of the negative ratings. Although the came is extremely similar to COD4, it still expands on the formula perfectly. I think that if the game was any different, it would be worse. It is the perfect shooter.
  18. MichealS
    Nov 10, 2009
    Other than learning the maps the entire experience is unreal. I played the multiplayer and some of the campaign and I could not put it down and will not unless I risk losing my job.
  19. RedB
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game's spectacular. Picked it up last night. The production value especially makes the game worth buying, but the controls and gameplay are solid. I can't wait to jump into the multiplayer.
  20. SamG
    Nov 10, 2009
    Brilliant game and very enjoyable developing upon the great areas of the call of duty 4. The only disappointment for me is the length of single player, it took little over 6hours to complete which i don't feel is good enough for a game that charges an extra £10 over normal games rrp.
  21. Oct 23, 2010
    This is the most addictive game i have ever played. Campaign is great and after you have that finished the multiplayer NEVER gets old
  22. Feb 21, 2013
    Time and time again i say that this is the definitive CoD game that set the standard for all the future Call of Duties. Excellent campaign, great multiplayer with a variety of maps, and a very fun and addictive Special Ops mode which if played by the right people, can create hours upon hours of gameplay to get all the stars. If you were to buy and play only one Call of Duty, make it ModernTime and time again i say that this is the definitive CoD game that set the standard for all the future Call of Duties. Excellent campaign, great multiplayer with a variety of maps, and a very fun and addictive Special Ops mode which if played by the right people, can create hours upon hours of gameplay to get all the stars. If you were to buy and play only one Call of Duty, make it Modern Warfare 2. Expand
  23. FrankieT.
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game is great. I have been playing for 2 and a half hours and I haven't found a flaw yet. They really took the flaws of CoD4 and worked mad hard on them. They also added a ton of new features and weapons. Now this is a flawless game (so far) I haven't played much of the campaign but it seemed pretty interesting from the beginning. Highly recommended.
  24. DanJ
    Nov 10, 2009
    Best game I have played this year. I haven't been this addicted to any game since gears of war 2. The Spec Ops mode is amazing, the most fun I have had playing coop on the Xbox360. The multiplayer has been updated and works great. You get rewards for everything, and there are a ton of unlocks. It really feels fair and balanced this time around. The campaign is great, although short. Best game I have played this year. I haven't been this addicted to any game since gears of war 2. The Spec Ops mode is amazing, the most fun I have had playing coop on the Xbox360. The multiplayer has been updated and works great. You get rewards for everything, and there are a ton of unlocks. It really feels fair and balanced this time around. The campaign is great, although short. I have never had so much adrenaline pumping throughout the entirety the game until I played this one. If you own a 360, then you need to buy this game or sell your system to somebody that will buy this game. Expand
  25. Aug 29, 2010
    this game is good. the campaign was excellent with epic story and excellent plot twists and gameplay. as for the multiplayer, it is alot like the previous cod games, but with new killstreaks and perks, it keeps you hooked. There are still many bad things with this game like boosters, cheap perk combinations, stuff like that. but this is not game breaking as this is a truly excellent gmae.
  26. JamesT.
    Nov 10, 2009
    Firstly I'd just like to say that IW has truly outdone themselves with this title. The single player experience is completely over the top and riddled with action. Spec ops is an amazing addition to an already winning formula. But the true prize goes to the multiplayer. IW found a way to make it even more immersive and incredible adding more guns and weapon attachments than one could Firstly I'd just like to say that IW has truly outdone themselves with this title. The single player experience is completely over the top and riddled with action. Spec ops is an amazing addition to an already winning formula. But the true prize goes to the multiplayer. IW found a way to make it even more immersive and incredible adding more guns and weapon attachments than one could ever hope for. This game is a must buy for any gamer. Expand
  27. NickH
    Nov 10, 2009
    I really hate when critics no one's ever heard of bring down the score of a game. This is the case with idiots like Boomtown. The campaign is somewhat short, but the conclusion is brilliant. Think of Spec Ops as a co-op campaign and you add at least a couple of hours on to the play time, and as COD4's multiplayer has shown, there's endless replayability. In truth, this I really hate when critics no one's ever heard of bring down the score of a game. This is the case with idiots like Boomtown. The campaign is somewhat short, but the conclusion is brilliant. Think of Spec Ops as a co-op campaign and you add at least a couple of hours on to the play time, and as COD4's multiplayer has shown, there's endless replayability. In truth, this could not only be the game of the year, but the game of the DECADE, in the amount of content this extremely polished game has to offer. Expand
  28. RyanF
    Nov 10, 2009
    Amazing game! One of the best games of all time and I'm only talking about the multiplayer! Can't wait to start the campaign. U need to pick this up right now!
  29. DamienW
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game is terrible. The graphics are terrible and the gameplay is dull. If I would recommend a FPS I would defo. buy Halo 3. Or for an evan cheaper price I would buy GRAW 2. Nooby Game
  30. Aug 22, 2010
    I had great fun with that review below me, being a 10th prestige yet he/she gives it a 4 which clearly is laughable since he/she has clearly spendt a ridiculous amount of time playing the multiplayer. As for this game it is an absolute blast to play, the single player is short but soo sweet, spec ops is great playing with a friend especially in split screen, and multiplayer is even better.I had great fun with that review below me, being a 10th prestige yet he/she gives it a 4 which clearly is laughable since he/she has clearly spendt a ridiculous amount of time playing the multiplayer. As for this game it is an absolute blast to play, the single player is short but soo sweet, spec ops is great playing with a friend especially in split screen, and multiplayer is even better. Sure it's not completely balanced but if you get into a match without douchebags the game is probably the most fun you can have in gaming. Expand
  31. DustinH
    Apr 4, 2010
    Modern warfare 2 is easily one of the best games of the year great story, epic gameplay, great customization, everything you could and would expect from a call of duty game is in modern warfare 2,my only probem is that the campaign is a bit on the short side but I could play hours on end in the multiplayer, stimulus package is awesome, well done Infinity Ward!!!!
  32. MikeW.
    Jan 20, 2010
    Just had to give this a score of 10. Why? Simply to make up for the unfair lower scores that biased individual gives.
  33. BillC.
    Jan 27, 2010
    The game is perfect. Those who love it have a right to. Those who don't can't even spell words correctly in their hate comments against the game. Props to Infinity Ward for creating the best game I own.
  34. JakeP
    Mar 12, 2010
    *This is only rating multiplayer* This has to be the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Better than all of the other call of duty games in existence. The maps are awesome (except underpass and DeFAIL). The custom killstreaks are really great. Now I have something to actually try to get to, not everyday "UAv ready. Airstrike. Helicopter." (Repeat). Also, with the perks being *This is only rating multiplayer* This has to be the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Better than all of the other call of duty games in existence. The maps are awesome (except underpass and DeFAIL). The custom killstreaks are really great. Now I have something to actually try to get to, not everyday "UAv ready. Airstrike. Helicopter." (Repeat). Also, with the perks being upgradeable, I now use a variety of perk combinations on all my classes. In earlier CoD games, My perks were always stopping power and deep impact. Some negatives are the way that some of the maps cater to the campers, you can't walk anywhere without being blasted by some noob that just sits in a corner and wait. The only other complaint I have are the Patched 1887's. Really, who would complain that a gun has too much range and power, especially a gun that is unlocked at level 67? that's right, 67! So we have to work hard and play for a very long time to unlock a gun that is noiw one of the most useless. May as well put it in the default class and make the spas-12 be unlocked at 67. The spas is much better now. Anyway, other than that, this game was well thought out and is one of the must-buys of the year. Expand
  35. JustinS.
    Nov 10, 2009
    Basically it takes the highly-acclaimed and great game of Call of Duty 4 and vastly improves every aspect of it. Also adds Spec Ops mode, which adds a lot more value to the game. Fans of FPS' shouldn't pass this one up.
  36. SamS
    Nov 10, 2009
    I haven't been able to stop playing. It is great, mutliplayer and single player are phenomenal. The only reason I am not playing right now is because my power went out. Hooray for the Blackberry.
  37. Kyleg
    Nov 10, 2009
    Average rating of 5.6 out of 10? Are you f***ing kidding me?! Which game are half of you idiots playing? I'm sorry, Britain, about the higher price....but if you're willing to pay it, why SHOULDN'T IW put a higher price on it? HAHAHAA. Sucks for you. Oh...half of you are from Britain. That explains it. Don't play the role of a victim if you willingly bought it. Bloody Average rating of 5.6 out of 10? Are you f***ing kidding me?! Which game are half of you idiots playing? I'm sorry, Britain, about the higher price....but if you're willing to pay it, why SHOULDN'T IW put a higher price on it? HAHAHAA. Sucks for you. Oh...half of you are from Britain. That explains it. Don't play the role of a victim if you willingly bought it. Bloody wankers. Anyway, although the campaign is short (which FPS campaign isn't these days?), it's far more involved than MW 1's. Larger environments, fully rendered 3d backdrops, TONS of enemies, and more awe-inspiring moments than MW 1. That's right, alex m., MORE, not less. The airport level was pretty enjoyable and disturbing. I like shooting unarmed virtual civilians. They aren't real, you thin-skinned whiners. Crazy events are thrown at the player left and right, but they all fit in with the story. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more intense and challenging FPS campaign. Multiplayer is just amazing. There are a lot more options when it comes to customizing your classes. The maps are interesting, and some are huge. More kill streak perks and the addition of death streak perks add even MORE fun. Thankfully, the death streak perks are nothing too big to be completely annoying. I was afraid they may be, but IW didn't do anything stupid. Great game, worth the price. Expand
  38. CW
    Nov 10, 2009
    First of all I'm just gonna say you know this a great game, compare to this to other FPS's on the 360 or consoles in general and its obvious this is far superior. It has the best controls of any console FPS ive played and it runs at a solid fps with no noticeable slowdown as of yet. The single player has improved over MW1. Yes its a bit short but what is there is excellent, dont First of all I'm just gonna say you know this a great game, compare to this to other FPS's on the 360 or consoles in general and its obvious this is far superior. It has the best controls of any console FPS ive played and it runs at a solid fps with no noticeable slowdown as of yet. The single player has improved over MW1. Yes its a bit short but what is there is excellent, dont be surprised to have the hairs on the back of your neck standing on many occasions. The campaign is much more varied this time through with the story taking place all over the world. The major gripe for me with the campaign is the AWFUL AI still hasnt been sorted since COD2. The enemy will only try and kill you, the second you emerge from cover almost every enemy in the area will instantly turn on you and your almost killed instantly on the harder difficulties. The other problem is the enemy always know where you are even if you've done nothing to blow your cover. Hide in a building away from your team and expect grenade spam galore through the window. This is and the length of the campaign are the only faults that come to mind and it is definately very enjoyable. The main attraction for most is the multiplayer. Think of it as MW1 only much more polished. You have so much to unlock such as awards, killstreaks, weapons, perks etc that is does get very addicting. The only negative that comes to mind is the fact there are more lame ways to be killed. Aswell as airstrikes and choppers there as missiles, stealth bombers and even a nuke. This is a good thing yeah, but it does become being killed AGAIN by a stealth bomber. Aswell the competetive multiplayer theres a special ops which you can do alone or with a friend. This is definately an excellent game, not the "B3ST G4M3 3V4!!!" but one definately worth a purchase if you have Xbox Live. Those without just rent it. Expand
  39. StephanE.
    Nov 10, 2009
    I don't know why this game only has a user rating of 5.5... All I know is that this game is awesome and a must buy for every shooter fan out there. I didn't give it a 10 because when playing multiplayer, you cannot use the Xbox Live Chat and must be in game chat, otherwise you cannot play online. I don't think this was neccesary. I believe the game could have done without.
  40. MikeL
    Mar 27, 2010
    COD:MW2 takes the Call of Duty franchise to a whole different level of the FPS experience. The graphics are spectacular. The sound will blow your mind, especially if you are using headphones or have surround sound. The most outstanding aspect of the game is the Multiplayer mode which welcomes a wide variety of FPS gamer personalities due to its in-depth weapon class perks and weapon COD:MW2 takes the Call of Duty franchise to a whole different level of the FPS experience. The graphics are spectacular. The sound will blow your mind, especially if you are using headphones or have surround sound. The most outstanding aspect of the game is the Multiplayer mode which welcomes a wide variety of FPS gamer personalities due to its in-depth weapon class perks and weapon customizations. May it be the quick and quiet silenced weapon stalker, the "invisible" knife expert, the stationary deadly sniper, or the well rounded assault and cover rifleman, any game-style can be represented with relative balance. In contrast to the one level, "arena" feel of the COD4 multiplayer maps; MW2 maps have a gritty, dimensional style with multiple flanking options and more story levels in buildings, above and below. Action is more fast pace and more intense then any previous Call of Duty title, or any FPS in general. The Achilles heal of the game is the single player modes, which is what prevents this reviewer from giving the game a 10. While entertaining, some aspects seemed boring and cliche'. If you enjoyed the COD4 campaign, you will enjoy this one, but don't expect to want to play it again, I was satisfied with one play-through. The Spec-Opps section of the game adds a little vinegar and flair to single player, maybe adding another hour of interest or two. All in all, If online FPS gaming is your passion, definitely buy this game; the BEST FPS out right now hands down. If you don't have internet or don't like playing games online, rent it. Expand
  41. MayorOfMantown
    Mar 29, 2010
    I can't believe all the people who are so butthurt over this game! It's more ridiculous than the people who hate Halo because it's popular. The fact is that this is an excellent game that deserves all the critical acclaim it's been getting. The single player is short, but the story is extremely compelling. However, the added Spec Ops (with the Co-op feature) easily I can't believe all the people who are so butthurt over this game! It's more ridiculous than the people who hate Halo because it's popular. The fact is that this is an excellent game that deserves all the critical acclaim it's been getting. The single player is short, but the story is extremely compelling. However, the added Spec Ops (with the Co-op feature) easily adds 15 hours to the single player experience. I found this to be just as fun as any co-op game I've played (including Gears of War, Halo, Left 4 Dead, and Borderlands). The online multiplayer, though, is where this game really shines. It's essentially the same as the original Modern Warfare with a TON of variety added. You can now customize virtually every aspect of the gameplay to suit your needs. This is one of the few games that allows you to be competitive, but still play using the style that you find to be the most fun. The only reason I give this game a 9 rather than a 10 is that if you are not connected to XBox Live or Playstation Network, then the gameplay is essentially cut in half. It's still a great game to enjoy on by yourself, but it's just not quite as much of a must buy for the single player alone. Expand
  42. JonathanE.
    Apr 7, 2010
    Maybe you guys should try reviewing the game next time, instead of writing entire reviews about the price tag or the length. Just a suggestion. Anyways, the game is great. The setpieces are mindblowing, the multiplayer is ecstasy and Spec Ops? Well, it's certainly not 'jus a divershun' unlike some kids down there. Sven Co-op has the quick exciting setpieces of single player Maybe you guys should try reviewing the game next time, instead of writing entire reviews about the price tag or the length. Just a suggestion. Anyways, the game is great. The setpieces are mindblowing, the multiplayer is ecstasy and Spec Ops? Well, it's certainly not 'jus a divershun' unlike some kids down there. Sven Co-op has the quick exciting setpieces of single player all tucked into one mini mission you can play with a friend. All kinds of levels to choose: Stealth, Rampage, Defense, and even Vehicle Rampage. Obviously it's not a 10 out of 10, but I guess you could say I did it to piss of the fanboys here :). Go ahead, be LEET and counter it. Just knowing that I pissed you off will be good enough for me! Expand
  43. ModernW
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game was amazing, the graphics, multiplayer, and single player are all just amazing. The single player could have been longer, but still is superb.
  44. JacobH
    Nov 10, 2009
    Wauw just wauw, have only played the single player.... but MAN that was amazing, think its even better then Modern warfare.... This is a must for anyone who loves first person shooter.
  45. EimaanM
    Nov 10, 2009
    By far the best FPS released this year. An engaging and action-packed first person campaign; a tactical adventurous special-ops game mode; and one of the best multiplayer modes in all of gaming. The definitive FPS across all gaming counsels. A must-have!
  46. TomL
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game is brilliant, I have spent five hours online so far, and love it. Customizable killstreaks and a MUCH better perks system; I would probably given it 9 had juggernaut remained in there. The only slight drawback is not being able to be in party chat for most game modes and having to change to game chat channel.
  47. RobM
    Nov 11, 2009
    Firstly, I can't understand for a second how anyone can give this a mark lower then... 8, lets say. It's fair to say that these people don't really know what they're on about. That comment may sting a little to some people, but it's the cold, hard truth. Anyway, about the game. Modern Warfare 2 is a masterpiece! Visually it's beautiful and full of rich Firstly, I can't understand for a second how anyone can give this a mark lower then... 8, lets say. It's fair to say that these people don't really know what they're on about. That comment may sting a little to some people, but it's the cold, hard truth. Anyway, about the game. Modern Warfare 2 is a masterpiece! Visually it's beautiful and full of rich detail. The single player campaign is the true meaning of "short but sweet". Besides, if your able to take the game online, the campaign is just a thing on the side. For me, personally, it's all about the multiplayer. And MW2's multiplayer has taken Halo 3's title as the best online multiplayer game around today. The maps (on the whole) are much better than Call of Duty 4's, the gun's also seem to be better. The M4A1 is an absolute beast! The new perks and killstreaks are amazing, the AC130 is seriously satisfying to use. This deserves the title for "Game of the Year 2009". Infact, it dosen't just deserve it, it's gunna get it! Buy this... buy this NOW! Expand
  48. AndrewT.
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's a really good game. Single-player is really similar to Call of Duty 4's. That's not a bad thing but I wish they could have made it a little better. The online multiplayer is extremely enjoyable. There's so many unlockables and the maps are fun to play.
  49. GetOverIt
    Nov 10, 2009
    I'm so tired of people voting this game down because it was hyped before it came out. COD4 was a damn good game and this game took everything that was good about it and made it better and everything poor about COD4 and either threw it out or fixed it. Did it get a ton of hype? Yes. Has it shown it deserved it? Yes. People did it to Halo, people did it to GTA, and now CoD has proved I'm so tired of people voting this game down because it was hyped before it came out. COD4 was a damn good game and this game took everything that was good about it and made it better and everything poor about COD4 and either threw it out or fixed it. Did it get a ton of hype? Yes. Has it shown it deserved it? Yes. People did it to Halo, people did it to GTA, and now CoD has proved itself, and people are trying to hurt it. A AAA deserves a AAA rating. If you don't like that then too bad. Sure there are better games out there and yes there are games that broke far more ground than the entire CoD franchise could dream of, but that doesn't make it a bad game. If it did then we might as well ignore any video game that isn't a completely new IP. Expand
  50. JevJ
    Nov 10, 2009
    As a PC gamer, i was sceptical about the quality of the experiance of Modern Warfare 2. These fears were mainly based on endless lists of PC users elaborating on the damage that all the changed features would do to the multiplayer component of the game, and how short the single player campaign would be. However, after giving in to my curiousity, and buying it, i can confidently say that As a PC gamer, i was sceptical about the quality of the experiance of Modern Warfare 2. These fears were mainly based on endless lists of PC users elaborating on the damage that all the changed features would do to the multiplayer component of the game, and how short the single player campaign would be. However, after giving in to my curiousity, and buying it, i can confidently say that NONE of the issues being trumpeted as the death of this game, and multiplayer in particular is true. The peer-to-peer multiplayer actually works a treat (and i live in australia, yes i have played 9v9, its really not a problem) the server browsing is fast, and every game i join was very resposive/lag free. What i found hard to believe is how increably FAST multiplayer feels, even with the reduced player count. All of the new multiplayer features, like the brilliant new killstreaks, the removal of grenade spamming (tubes and frag grenades) and martyrdom / last stand annoyances, the little name tags, match accolades, SO many weapon attachments.....there is just too much to see here, and its all fantastic. As for the single player experiance, the games feeling is increadable, especially once you get a few missions in. I dont want to ruin everything but the mission that they demoed (the ice-base level) is even more fun to play, and the missions after that continue to wow me (this is a bit vauge, but i dont want to spoil ANYTHING). I must mention i have not played the co-op mode as origincally intended, so no comment there. Overall, i was pretty much immediatly happy with the game, after a short stint in MP (belive me the speed has been upped, and not in the way that you got with too 32v32 on shipment). I have played the original Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare to death in multiplayer, and i cannot see myself doing anything different this time around. Fanstastic game, 10/10. Expand
  51. DavidB
    Nov 10, 2009
    All I want to ask some of these blathering idiots how complain about the price tag being $60, is wtf is wrong with you. Its a fucking next gen game and not to mention its a mainstream game unlike a crappy Disney game. Oh and don't forget many of the people who rated this game as a 0, which is just down right slander, play nothing but Halo, and suck at this type of realistic game All I want to ask some of these blathering idiots how complain about the price tag being $60, is wtf is wrong with you. Its a fucking next gen game and not to mention its a mainstream game unlike a crappy Disney game. Oh and don't forget many of the people who rated this game as a 0, which is just down right slander, play nothing but Halo, and suck at this type of realistic game where you cant run in the middle of 10 blazing guns and kill at least 4 of those firing those guns. Don't get me wrong, Halo is a good game series but people need to rate these games honestly and on their content and its ease of play. Now onto the actual game: though the campaign was short, it was 'complete', and by that i mean it contained a good storyline that picked up where it left off and didn't just blow off the old fanboys from the other cod game. Multiplayer: People need to quit complaining about it not having dedicated servers, because unless you have a crappy internet service, there's no need to bitch. Not to mention that L4D has taught us that dedicated servers aren't always the best thing for a game, an example of this is when you join a game (by yourself) and you have a horrible connection to the server that's supposed to be dedicated to YOU AND ONLY YOU at that time. So quit you annoying crying and rate the game honestly you spineless fools!!!!!!!!! Expand
  52. nickr
    Nov 10, 2009
    The games multiplayer is amazing and has a huge amount of depth.,absolutely awesome. The campaign os short but the time you have with it is action packed and satisfying. The game looks, sounds and feels great and it is a massive improvement to its predecessor call 4. Overall this game is AMAZING BUY IT NOW!
  53. DanL
    Nov 10, 2009
    With one or two minor tweaks, this could have been the best FPS ever made. Why was there a random space view-only section, for example, when we could have been thrown into some crazy AC130-like satellite targeting level? Also, why was there no explanation to the background behind some of the plot twists involving characters in the game? This game could have been my personal favorite game With one or two minor tweaks, this could have been the best FPS ever made. Why was there a random space view-only section, for example, when we could have been thrown into some crazy AC130-like satellite targeting level? Also, why was there no explanation to the background behind some of the plot twists involving characters in the game? This game could have been my personal favorite game of all time had it offered a little deeper plot and an extra 3-4 hours on the campaign mode to include some other levels that we just begging to be made. It is an amazing game and left me astounded at regular intervals throughout it - but once I finished it, it did not give me that "Wow, I just need to stare at the wall for 30 minutes now to think about what just happened!" moment you get after finishing a truly epic book or film. Infinity Ward has raised the bar in terms of game content - now let's have a true thriller of a story to go with it! Expand
  54. IanW
    Nov 10, 2009
    Brilliant, took all thats crap out of 4 looked at world at war and said nah, just did the airport level and wow, how was that...multiplayer is brilliant so far, no flaws, and those maps how big are they? the only gripe is in the snow levels...no footprints but hey I'm just picking...brilliant, stuff treyarch.
  55. DieuweB
    Nov 10, 2009
    just can't stop playing! wonderfull game. but there is one very annoying flaw, and that is the matchmaking system. I have to wait about an eternety to find a good game, and my NAT is open, verry annoying! The only way for me to join a game is to join session in progress...
  56. HumrajS
    Nov 10, 2009
    They enhanced graphics, took the the story to another level, and tweaked the multiplayer. In my opinion, abandon ODST and get Modern Warfare 2 along with Uncharted 2 (if you have a PS3). The best game of the decade!
  57. DanR.
    Nov 11, 2009
    First off, I gotta say that this game is really damn good. I've been hooked since the moment I put it in my xbox. Campaign - I'm not completely done with the campaign, but so far I thin it's really good. It is short for the more experienced players, but it has some great cinematics. All in all, the campaign is pretty good. Spec Ops - Now this mode really rocks. It's First off, I gotta say that this game is really damn good. I've been hooked since the moment I put it in my xbox. Campaign - I'm not completely done with the campaign, but so far I thin it's really good. It is short for the more experienced players, but it has some great cinematics. All in all, the campaign is pretty good. Spec Ops - Now this mode really rocks. It's way better than the campaign. There isn't much to say besides this mode really being one of the bigger and better selling points of the game. Multiplayer - This is the part of the game everyone wants to play. If you though single player was fun, multiplayer is even better, because most games are more fun with friends around. I haven't had any issues yet like many others have been having, so my online experience has been great! The new maps are are pretty fun, Favela being my favorite. All in all I give the game a 9/10 because it's not perfect, but it's got me hooked. Also, as a note to other reviewers, you need to stop. I see people posting bad reviews for the PS3 and PC versions of the game, but they have their own sections. Give the other versions of the game bad user scores, but don't do it here. This is the page for the xbox version of the game, so quit being little babies about the game here. Or haw about just not commenting at all? It's really pissing me off that so many internet users have to be pussies and whine about the fucking game all day. Really, it needs to stop. It's just getting way to ridiculous. Expand
  58. alexm
    Nov 10, 2009
    Here goes my honest opinion..who am i?...nobody important, but i think i speak for alot of gamers out there. I personally finished the single player campaign in under 5 hours...YES it was amazing. Not that many OMG moments as the first, but still amazing. I did however find the dialogue to be a little low during cutscenes,,,i dont know if thats bcuz of my audio setup, but it was kind of Here goes my honest opinion..who am i?...nobody important, but i think i speak for alot of gamers out there. I personally finished the single player campaign in under 5 hours...YES it was amazing. Not that many OMG moments as the first, but still amazing. I did however find the dialogue to be a little low during cutscenes,,,i dont know if thats bcuz of my audio setup, but it was kind of hard hearing all the dialogue. Now, i do have to rate the different parts of the game differently and not as a whole due to the campaign length. A 60$ title should be more than 5 hours long. YES, the multiplayer is 60$ by itself, but if u dont have online access, RENT THE GAME...do not purchase. IT will be over in 1 night. single player= 8- due to length multiplayer = 10. Expand
  59. AdamN
    Nov 10, 2009
    Yes this game was one of the most hyped games of the year and because of this even though i was looking forward to it i didn't expect too much. Let me now tell you that even with the hype this game deserves every bit of it and more. Each level is epic and absolutely fun and the story could compete with any big budget Hollywood blockbuster (and yes it is a little far fetched like so Yes this game was one of the most hyped games of the year and because of this even though i was looking forward to it i didn't expect too much. Let me now tell you that even with the hype this game deserves every bit of it and more. Each level is epic and absolutely fun and the story could compete with any big budget Hollywood blockbuster (and yes it is a little far fetched like so many Hollywood movies but then that's what makes it so fun). The graphics are about as good as the last game but i found that there seemed to be a lot more enemies on the screen at once and the A.I. also seemed to be better (not that they were bad in the last game) which in my book is a good thing. My only issue that i had and which i had with the last game was that the single player is just too short. I completed it in just over 7 hours which i felt was way to short especially as i was having so much fun. Thankfully they haven't completely abondened single players as we now have the Spec-Ops missions which are basically short-goal-based campains where the gamer has to complete each missions goals to gain a star and as the gain more stars they can open up further Spec-Op missions. This is a great idea and is really fun - i've spent almost as much time in the Spec-Ops missions as i have in the main mission so far. All in all Modern Warfare 2 deserves all the hype (luckilly for them) as its a fantastic and epic game with each and every level being hugely fun. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but i'm sure it will be great as the first MW was extremely fun online. A game every body should own and something other developers of games should look at - this is what we want something epic, with a grerat story line that is not watered down and with gameply that is so fun you never want it to end. Hopefully they keep on adding more single player missions and different campains (and a longer single player story please). This is a must buy game. Expand
  60. Aug 26, 2010
    I really enjoyed CODMW2. It has got great graphics and a nice gameplay. The shooting mechanics are awesome. it feels like you are totally immersed in the game and wished it had some more hours of fun, unfortunately, the game is quite short. All in all, it's a great game you'll probably enjoy
  61. Oct 2, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I expected this game to get a lot of negative user reviews. It's an amazing game. The problem is that Modern Warfare 2 is cleverly designed to be an addicting experience. It's like amphetamines. People try it, love it, but as they keep playing it they need more and more to satisfy themselves. People played an obscene amount of it. It's amazing that people played it so much before getting tired of it. The problem is that the people are too stupid to realize that they are just tired of it, and start turning hostile towards the game. If it weren't such an addicting experience, people would get tired of it faster and eventually come back to it and get tired of it again in a comfortable cycle. Instead, they have played it madly every free second of their lives for months on end until they absolutely hate it. Yet they still play it. With that said, I would like to say that it's only logical to acknowledge that the game is extremely well crafted. You can't really go wrong when you have two developers constantly improving and building on such an extensive series. The multiplayer is very fun, although gets a little too hectic and dynamic at times. A lot of things are packed together, jets and helicopters and bombers simultaneously at work. I still find this game to be one of the two best multiplayer experiences one can find in an fps game. As for the campaign, it was awesome. It was a little less believable and a little more hollywoodish than the previous games, but in that actually draws more emotion from the player. It's happy ending brings a certain fact to attention: This game is less a work of art and more a carefully crafted machine picking all the most efficient routes to please the gamer. It wouldn't take the chance of having a less happy ending, it answered to many demands from the cod4 players, and overall seems to be a more superficial game than others. Expand
  62. Sep 12, 2010
    Un juegazo. Ya estoy esperando modern warfare 3. Yle pongo el 10 por los gilipollas que le ponen un 0. A ver si empezais a aprender a puntuar que si no esto no es serio. Es un juego que envuelve grandes emociones, con una historia bien ligada AUNQUE PREVISIBLE. El online es brutal, ofrece mas de lo mismo pero aumentado. Espero que los zanganos que se dedican a poner ceros y unos se comanUn juegazo. Ya estoy esperando modern warfare 3. Yle pongo el 10 por los gilipollas que le ponen un 0. A ver si empezais a aprender a puntuar que si no esto no es serio. Es un juego que envuelve grandes emociones, con una historia bien ligada AUNQUE PREVISIBLE. El online es brutal, ofrece mas de lo mismo pero aumentado. Espero que los zanganos que se dedican a poner ceros y unos se coman una mierda. Expand
  63. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = A Game that actually has had a huge impact on me for once!! This game would be a ten if it didn't have it's noticable flaws, but nonetheless this game is one of the best games of all-time and one that I still play!!
  64. Mar 15, 2011
    awesome one of the best games ever the story is great but a little bit short i got to admit that i found cod 4 kind of bad but this is just awesome everything is perfect except by online which has some hackers but that is what makes it fun now that is one of the most addicting games of all time if you dislike this game you either a halo ,bad company or half life lover
  65. Apr 14, 2011
    i think that this is great and should at least give it a go. 10/10
  66. May 14, 2012
    Just simple awesome the campaign is so so so so so good
  67. Nov 15, 2011
    By far the most fun I've had on an FPS. This game hasn't been thought through properly like Black Ops- as evident by the extremely flawed multiplayer. But if you're playing with friends and can see through the imbalances, it is very fun, fast-paced action which is rewarding however you play it. Single player is not as good as CoD4, but Spec Ops makes up for it. In contrast to Black Ops,By far the most fun I've had on an FPS. This game hasn't been thought through properly like Black Ops- as evident by the extremely flawed multiplayer. But if you're playing with friends and can see through the imbalances, it is very fun, fast-paced action which is rewarding however you play it. Single player is not as good as CoD4, but Spec Ops makes up for it. In contrast to Black Ops, this is enjoyable when you do even slightly well. But when you join a laggy game and there's people with SPAS-12 and chopper gunner spawn trapping you on Scrapyard, feel free to dashboard and break the disc. As an experience this game beats all other shooters. But the enjoyment is short-lived. The only thing that kept me playing for 14 days online is playing with people I know rather than on my own. When you're in a team, it's fine. Otherwise it's just frustrating. The same goes for Spec Ops. While it is very well done, the experience is greatly enhanced when played co-operatively. The campaign is good but not one of my favourites. Spec Ops is a better rendition of the campaign. Overall, this is an extremely fun and immersive shooter, but it's not the one I'd happy to spend playing much on my own. Expand
  68. Oct 25, 2011
    There is something perfectly special when it comes to the Multiplayer of Moder Warfare 2. Something exotic. Simply fits my taste. The Singleplayer ist good though.
  69. Apr 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 was honestly... Overrated... The campaign was fun, but if you use human logic, half of the things that they do to perform their job are impossible: such as waiting till an enemy isn't looking so you can shoot the other one standing three feet away from him. The only reason the campaign was any fun was the fact that I now know what happens after the first flunk in theModern Warfare 2 was honestly... Overrated... The campaign was fun, but if you use human logic, half of the things that they do to perform their job are impossible: such as waiting till an enemy isn't looking so you can shoot the other one standing three feet away from him. The only reason the campaign was any fun was the fact that I now know what happens after the first flunk in the Modern Warfare series. Spec Ops was a whole different issue... The producers apparently didn't know that two US Army Rangers cannot take down the whole Russian SWAT Force. (Me and friends laughed for days over their stupidity.) Most of the missions were overrated, but more than that: all of the missions were edited from the main story line and then put in like they were gonna be speechlessly better, a BIG fail on the producers part.

Another reason I got this game was for the multiplayer. I tried to have fun with it, but when you find out just how bad the anti-cheat system is for Xbox LIVE you will go nuts. A casual, everyday multiplayer match goes as the following: Spawn, sprint, aim, shoot, sprint, aim, shoot, sprint, sprint, knife, knife, throw a grenade through a random window, knife, and so on. Activision didn't focus on making the multiplayer combat realistic, it's too fast, too confusing, and overall just plain annoying. Quick-scoping, no-scoping, random "noob-tubes" were very annoying, and didn't keep the multiplayer action enjoyable for me.

Overall, I think Activision got themselves a hobby of making sloppy games, only suitable for retards who want to cuss each other out on Xbox live day in and day out. (Not to mention all of the **** who like it too. LOL)
  70. Jul 14, 2013
    While it didn't innovate that much it's still a great game the campaign it short but intense the spec ops mode is actually very well done the multiplayer is still very addictive and the new killstreaks add some more depth but they are a bit stupid. The graphics were updated and so was the engine. There are lots of new guns and equipment and some really good characters (Ghost) but it justWhile it didn't innovate that much it's still a great game the campaign it short but intense the spec ops mode is actually very well done the multiplayer is still very addictive and the new killstreaks add some more depth but they are a bit stupid. The graphics were updated and so was the engine. There are lots of new guns and equipment and some really good characters (Ghost) but it just wasn't suppoted after release the glitches and the hackers Expand
  71. Apr 26, 2013
    Ok yes I know there is one highly controversial mission but you can skip it if you want to so I'm not including it in my review
    Also yes I know you can call this game overrated but it it still a very solid game.
    So: call of duty MODERN WARFARE 2 or at least that's what my game-box says. Whilst the single player isn't quite as good as COD 4 it is still very well paced and intriguing with in my opinion the best Call of Duty villain in the whole series to be found in Vladimir Makarov. Also I like the way the ending of COD 4 causes severe problems for the protagonists in this game. Whilst the setpieces can get a little too IN YOUR FACE!!! it doesn't get as bad as later instalments. Also there are some great twists which I didn't see coming. This game also has a lot of commentary on wars and opposing philosophies as well as showing what effects the loss of soldiers can have of commanders. It's also a shame that the sequel really doesn't have much payoff for the ending of this game (But that's another review). However a couple of things don't really make sense in this game's campaign but I can suspend my disbelief.
    Finally multiplayer is really fun and balanced and Spec Ops adds an interesting couple of missions in.
    In conclusion whilst not reaching the perfection of COD 4 this game is still really good and definitely gets a recommendation.
  72. Nov 26, 2014
    Amazing game. The last game made by the old IW, before they were fired. Truly an excellent game. The best Call of Duty, bar none, and the last truly amazing game. Rediculous fun can be had. Noobtubes can be a problem, but they don't damper the experience enough. If it was released for next gen, I'd by it in a heartbeat.
  73. FrankyF
    Jan 1, 2010
    Haters playing on PC get out of here please, this is the X360 version stop lowering the score!
  74. CraigJ
    Mar 2, 2010
    All of you guys giving this game such low ratings are crazy. If you dont like the noob tubing on multiplayer than do something about it. And seriously if someone is camping you get to see where they are with the kill cam.. How hard is it to kill them after seeing exactly where they are and how they killed you and which weapon was used. I think the multiplayer experience is awesome and All of you guys giving this game such low ratings are crazy. If you dont like the noob tubing on multiplayer than do something about it. And seriously if someone is camping you get to see where they are with the kill cam.. How hard is it to kill them after seeing exactly where they are and how they killed you and which weapon was used. I think the multiplayer experience is awesome and extremely addictive. As most players have experienced in games there are a few glitches and the maps need to be a little more random, im sick of the same map 2-3 times in row but hey nothings perfect. Expand
  75. CurtB
    Jan 10, 2010
    Look I understand that people are upset about the length of the campaign but that is not the whole game between replay value, spec ops which is amazing and the addicting multiplayer which they managed to make even better. People are giving the game a zero for the single player which is only a third of the game and no matter how short and rediculous it is still fun. Every moment is Look I understand that people are upset about the length of the campaign but that is not the whole game between replay value, spec ops which is amazing and the addicting multiplayer which they managed to make even better. People are giving the game a zero for the single player which is only a third of the game and no matter how short and rediculous it is still fun. Every moment is non-stop holy s*** moments and innovative new ways to spice up gameplay. If it was any longer than my time would be wasted on wandering through another small russian town or a wartorn middle eastern city and than you would be complaining about that. Now spec-ops which everyone seems to be overlooking is awesome bits of purified gameplay that you can beat in five minutes and are great to tackle with a friend and work on for hours trying to get that last star on veteran. The multiplayer will be played for years to come and has been innovated enough to make it seem fresh yet warmly familiar. When this game was announced I couldn't think of any ways they could possibly innovate the multiplayer and even though you will probably stick with the same three kill streaks once you find a winning combination through all of your prestiges thay are still a fun change of pace after two years of repetedly hearing UAV is online. There are still some balancing issues bet the ones from the first game have for the most part been fixed you will still find yourself rage quitting after your almost nuke 24 kill streak is ended by a predator missle or spam grenade. That dosn't stop this game from being incredibally awesome. Buy it. There will always be someone online to play with and you are missing out if you listen to the 0 scores. Expand
  76. RiFfD
    Jan 7, 2010
    Story-10 SpecialOps-10 Multiplayer-10. Looks like its an easy choice for me.
  77. DerkM
    Dec 9, 2009
    Some of these comments are stupid. People are giving this game a bad review because they suck at the game. This game is amazing. The campaign is terrific and multiplayer is awesome. Sure it lags a bit online but what do you expect, you're playing online. The campaign really sucks you in because it is so exciting. It looks very real. The spec-ops is great and challenging. The only Some of these comments are stupid. People are giving this game a bad review because they suck at the game. This game is amazing. The campaign is terrific and multiplayer is awesome. Sure it lags a bit online but what do you expect, you're playing online. The campaign really sucks you in because it is so exciting. It looks very real. The spec-ops is great and challenging. The only real problems with this game are the lagging (which will be a problem with in online multiplayer game so it doesn't bother me), and the fact that the campaign is short, which only sets up for more games. This is pretty much as close to perfect as you can get!!! Expand
  78. TonyM.
    Jan 16, 2010
    I dont know what you people have, this is a great game, i love the multiplayer part. If u dont like it, go play your BF:Bad company or Operation Flashpoint. Just dont be jealous cause these failgames dont have such a great and BIG multiplayer community, gameplay etc.
  79. DaveB
    Jan 23, 2010
    it's an amazing game, the only thing that keeps it from getting a 10 is the glitches in MP, Special OPS is a kool addition, and SP is action packed.
  80. christ
    Jan 5, 2010
    Best game i have played nice that you can go up in level more games like this for the people!!!
  81. Slimdwiz
    Feb 17, 2010
    The graphics are very well detailed with enviorments and soldiers looking very life-like.The music is very well put together for each level making you feel apart of the action.With the voice acting also begining very much acceptable.The gameplay has a much more tighter feel than the original Modern Warfare,but the short single-player campaign mode could have been a little The graphics are very well detailed with enviorments and soldiers looking very life-like.The music is very well put together for each level making you feel apart of the action.With the voice acting also begining very much acceptable.The gameplay has a much more tighter feel than the original Modern Warfare,but the short single-player campaign mode could have been a little longer.Multiplayer is where the game really shines.You get to level up,and perks,just like the original,but this time you have the ability to call in air strikes,from Stealth Bombers,AC-130's,and even Tactical Nuke,and much more.Even get care packages after a certain amount of kills.This game has a lot of replay value with one of the best multiplayer systems and a co-op spec ops mode that's separate from the main campaign. Expand
  82. BIGWILL
    Feb 19, 2010
    Ok this game is still the bomb all you kids out there with all the complaints about no long story mode go play fucking mass affect cod is a multyplayer game its called xbox live if you dont have it quit being poor get a job and work two weeks and get a 12 month card quit being cheap the single player isnt the game its just a piece of the creame pie multyplater is where its at sure theres Ok this game is still the bomb all you kids out there with all the complaints about no long story mode go play fucking mass affect cod is a multyplayer game its called xbox live if you dont have it quit being poor get a job and work two weeks and get a 12 month card quit being cheap the single player isnt the game its just a piece of the creame pie multyplater is where its at sure theres glitches and mods but they will be fixed till then take advantage of it to rank up cause it sure aint easy on this game the reason i gave it a 9 is because i wont some team tatical cause i play for competively on gamebattles so being able to practice without the non mlg varient maps and big teams would be nice other than that they will make it even better with the DLC cant wait. Expand
  83. ShaneB
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game delivers in every category that matters to me. Incredibly sharp graphics, amazingly realistic, the sound is thunderous coming out of my BOSE theatre system. I hear bullets zipping from left to right and snapping behind me. The lever design on the multiplayer cannot be rivaled. There is nothing to complain about in this game. It is fun, it is hard at times and I like that, the This game delivers in every category that matters to me. Incredibly sharp graphics, amazingly realistic, the sound is thunderous coming out of my BOSE theatre system. I hear bullets zipping from left to right and snapping behind me. The lever design on the multiplayer cannot be rivaled. There is nothing to complain about in this game. It is fun, it is hard at times and I like that, the challenges are limitless, the customization is has a huge impact on how you fare in multiplayer challenges, you don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight in this game. Hands down the best first person shooter I have ever played. Good story, great multiplayer, additional Spec Ops Missions are a fantastic treat. If I could pick one game to keep and play for the rest of my life this is it. Expand
  84. joet
    Nov 11, 2009
    MW2 has got an "arcadeish" overhall , from the HUD design to money sprouting from dead players (i guess in an attempt to be less bloody in multiplayer matches), it just all looks a liittle less serious...that being said the overall multiplayer experience is 100% I LOVE IT! The maps are welcomely verticle and huge, varied, yet simple. The customization is a bonus along with the MW2 has got an "arcadeish" overhall , from the HUD design to money sprouting from dead players (i guess in an attempt to be less bloody in multiplayer matches), it just all looks a liittle less serious...that being said the overall multiplayer experience is 100% I LOVE IT! The maps are welcomely verticle and huge, varied, yet simple. The customization is a bonus along with the interchangeable kill streaks. I think people are dropping low scores on this game as a "HA-HA, really? are you seriously believing this?" Granted a short campaign "5-6 hours generously" is a bit short, but from what i've seen my friend play, it looks awe-some! Graphics 10, Gameplay 9.5 (I haven't played it yet, but i got the gist), HUD...well i alredy said what I thought of that...So maybe knowing it's short, you may want to pace yourself between maybe a chapter of campaign and liberal online outings. I believe this to be one of the best interactive experiences on next gen consoles, with a few minor almost insignificant "complaints", a short campaign dropped the score a bit for me, although quality outshines quantity (imagine it was forty hours long and complete garbage) I give it a 9.6/9.7 overall (it's just a shame Assassin's Creed 2 drops in the same month, guess it'll ($) have to wait... Expand
  85. JustinE
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow! Is the only thing I can say about this game. It is absolutely polished in every way! Sure it runs the same engine, sure the core mechanics are still the same. But why fix something that is not broken. The engine has been extremely refined and the graphics themselves are outstanding. The textures are a little bland in multiplayer but that's the worst complaint you will get out of Wow! Is the only thing I can say about this game. It is absolutely polished in every way! Sure it runs the same engine, sure the core mechanics are still the same. But why fix something that is not broken. The engine has been extremely refined and the graphics themselves are outstanding. The textures are a little bland in multiplayer but that's the worst complaint you will get out of multi. The campaign is short, people are complaining about how short it is. Play it on Veteran! Then tell me its short! The pacing itself is absolutely brilliant. The fever pitch that hits during intense firefights are some of the most real I have seen. And the parts of which you are doing "recon" or has a great anticipation factor! The people that are downing this game more likely or not found it too difficult at the start of multiplayer, or expected a epically long campaign. The fact is that no game is for everyone, however to bring this game down simply because it did not fit your play style instead of giving it a honest rating is a tragedy. Expand
  86. BrianA.
    Nov 11, 2009
    How is this game still getting poor user reviews? Everything about this game deserves the acclaim it is receiving. It's that good. So I'd like to take a second to address some of the more popular objections to this game: 1) MW2 is an expansion to the original, and nothing more. FALSE. Have you played Halo 3: ODST? THAT is an expansion sold as a stand alone game. MW2 takes what How is this game still getting poor user reviews? Everything about this game deserves the acclaim it is receiving. It's that good. So I'd like to take a second to address some of the more popular objections to this game: 1) MW2 is an expansion to the original, and nothing more. FALSE. Have you played Halo 3: ODST? THAT is an expansion sold as a stand alone game. MW2 takes what was great about MW, and changed it to be more balanced, enriched, and captivating. Player controlled missile strikes/helicopters/care packages? Deathstreak bonuses to help balance handicaps? Silencers on sniper rifles? A perk allowing for two gun attachments (hello RDS/silencer)? Acheivements/attachments for sidearms? Yes please! In the past 24 hours I've been beaten to death with a riot shield and shot down a Hind helicopter with a Patriot missile. Does it get better than that? 2) MW2 multiplayer is unbalanced. FALSE. If you played the original then you would know that the Juggernaught, Martyrdom, and Last Stand perks were extremely powerful. In MW2 they have been downgraded for use with only death streaks. Thank you, IW! 3) The MW2 engine is old. TRUE! This game is built around consoles that are a few years old! If you were expecting another paradign shift like the original was, you would be better served once the next generation of consoles comes out. 4) "PC gamers can't set up dedicated servers anymore!!" Honestly, this one is a piss-off. But honestly ask yourself if this makes the game itself any worse in content. The answer is no. The game is still amazing, even though it does insult those who like a less micromanaged game. 5) Too much hype. REALLY? Please don't confuse marketing with gameplay. You're better than that (some of you). Expand
  87. HannesN
    Nov 12, 2009
    Why does this game have such a bad mark on user score? i bet its all those ppl saying like how much hype this game is getting that give it low points, they should first play the game online, and then they'll understand!
  88. ProperHardcore
    Nov 13, 2009
    Excellent game, although I'm not surprised. Infinity Ward has always made great titles in the Call of Duty franchise, and this is no exception. To be honest, the campaign and the Spec Ops mode did not interest me at all because it was recently that I really began getting into the intense multiplayer aspect of both CoD4 and (I know) CoD: WaW. So, for some hardcore fans who have been Excellent game, although I'm not surprised. Infinity Ward has always made great titles in the Call of Duty franchise, and this is no exception. To be honest, the campaign and the Spec Ops mode did not interest me at all because it was recently that I really began getting into the intense multiplayer aspect of both CoD4 and (I know) CoD: WaW. So, for some hardcore fans who have been playing for two years already I could see what you might dismiss about the game, but in my opinion it is great. I had a brief experience with the Single Player and Spec Ops mode and both are great as well, but my focus is on the MP, which is by far the best to ever be on the XBOX 360. One final thing I'd like to point out is that there are PC guys on here complaining that there are no dedicated servers. As a PC gamer I understand, but this is the review for the XBOX 360 version of the game, so please complain elsewhere, perhaps on the PC review. Expand
  89. TaimurS.
    Nov 14, 2009
    I'd like to make it very clear that I am NOT fanboying here. As much as I like CoD, I resent it for pushing so many good games into 2010, and taking online activity away from all other good XBL titles. But, seriously guys, please stop all the hate. True, the gameplay is almost identical as far as controls and movement go, but please take a look at...hmmm... everything else? I'd like to make it very clear that I am NOT fanboying here. As much as I like CoD, I resent it for pushing so many good games into 2010, and taking online activity away from all other good XBL titles. But, seriously guys, please stop all the hate. True, the gameplay is almost identical as far as controls and movement go, but please take a look at...hmmm... everything else? Set-pieces are SOOO much better this time round that it's ridicuous. True, MW had you on that epic Ghillie-style stealth mission. MW2 has you crawling through snow, trying to stay unseen while surrounded by enemies before blowing up a hangar gate and escaping on snowmobiles. A few levels later, you use a Predator to blow up two huge APCs, bring down two gunships and watch a Burger King get levelled in the middle of a firefight. No comparison between the two at all. The graphics are a little bit outdated, but the engine has been souped up in every way, and you're only going to comment on how "crap" the gfx are if you're a complete graphics whore. People are complaning about the new guns and attachments, but they're all so great, I can't see the sense in complaining. They all feel unique, from a sawn-off shotgun (you can control which barrel to fire from using the triggers), to the barrels-of-fun automatic Glock 18 pistol. The Akimbo perk takes this one step further: imagine your favourite light machine-pistol or handgun (Mini-Uzi, Glock 18, etc.), and then imagine holding TWO OF THEM. Most games screw up dual-wielding, but it's a complete joy in MW2. True, it does have its flaws. It's not the perfect game, and it doesn't do many new things, but any complaints are drowned out by massive explosions and seas of polish. If you're a shooter fan (and by that I don't mean a profanity-spouting 8-year-old kid who happens to like Halo), ignore all of the haters. Ignore the jaded fans who want CoD to do something new and become some kind of portal-based puzzle shooter. You want this game. Now. Expand
  90. skyj
    Nov 18, 2009
    This game was highly anticipated and for good reason. I've never played a level as cool as "all ghillied up" or a multiplayer mayhem as in 18 players on shipment. Call of duty 4 is the best FPS ever. However there were a few minor problems there, host migration issues and lag were pretty bothersome to me. However, Infinity ward have really shown that they really are a step par This game was highly anticipated and for good reason. I've never played a level as cool as "all ghillied up" or a multiplayer mayhem as in 18 players on shipment. Call of duty 4 is the best FPS ever. However there were a few minor problems there, host migration issues and lag were pretty bothersome to me. However, Infinity ward have really shown that they really are a step par excellence. Host migration is featured in game and real time, and lag has been pretty much taken care of, even on a red bar, you can enjoy the game to its full extent. This along with some new unlocks and callsigns, make this game the only game I need to own, and everyone else should too. Single player story could have been put together well, but here it is pretty hard to get a grip on the story, as there is flow in the storyline. But action packed moments that make you go WOW! are a plenty. Graphics and sound have to be experienced. Bullet ricochet, grenade explosions, AC-130 Bombings sound as real as they look. This is the benchmark for all shooters. What difference 60 fps makes in a game, you know after playing Modern Warfare. Controls are as smooth and responsive as they get. With no lag on them whatsoever. This is THE game to play until...well until the next modern warfare. Expand
  91. EliB
    Nov 23, 2009
    I really don't understand some of these comments -- looks like people are giving lower scores than they would just to "punish" the rating? Get a life guys. This game is not without flaws, bu they are very, very minor flaws. Yes the single player campaign is short, but this is nothing new. I personally don't mind at all, given that it is so rich in detail. This time around, I I really don't understand some of these comments -- looks like people are giving lower scores than they would just to "punish" the rating? Get a life guys. This game is not without flaws, bu they are very, very minor flaws. Yes the single player campaign is short, but this is nothing new. I personally don't mind at all, given that it is so rich in detail. This time around, I felt like the story took a bit to get going, and one of the celebrity voice actors as way to polished to sound real, but again, minor. The multiplayer is FANTASTIC!! the changes are great and keep the game fast and furious -- and enjoyable even if you are getting spanked. The best new addition is that of co-op "special ops". I can now work on getting my wife to play -- she has tried it out, and we have a couple of three-stars already! What is still lacking is the ability to go online with a friend in the same room. I want to have my friends over and trounce people in other places together. This feature is sorely needed for those who sill see their friends in person. That is the only way Halo has this beat. In spite of that, this game is hands down the best FPS on the market. Killing your friends just got more fun. Expand
  92. JoeH
    Nov 23, 2009
    First of all, all those whiners complaining about how Infinity Ward didn't "do a good job" or "didn't make their game better" or "made the same shitty game as before" need to go actually play the game. And not just get to the main screen and say "this looks the slightest bit stupid, imma rant about it on metacritic like a bitch." This game is amazing, keeping everything that First of all, all those whiners complaining about how Infinity Ward didn't "do a good job" or "didn't make their game better" or "made the same shitty game as before" need to go actually play the game. And not just get to the main screen and say "this looks the slightest bit stupid, imma rant about it on metacritic like a bitch." This game is amazing, keeping everything that made Call of Duty 4 such an amazing game, while adding many more great things. The singleplayer itself deserves a standing ovation, with nonstop action and an actual plot, unlike Halo (kill aliens, teabag, ride a Warthog, watch a cutscene, repeat). Yes, I know that the singleplayer gets a bit tedious after the first few missions like Halo too, but if you look beyond that, you can see that Infinity Ward painstakingly crafted the story, with amazing details and gives the player a very gritty realistic view of war. And that's just the top of the iceberg: then there's multiplayer. The juggernaut from Call of Duty 4 has been enhanced even further, if possible at all, to an almost perfect piece of art. The guns are evenly balanced (though some guns are pretty cheap), the atmosphere is (nearly) always cooperative and friendly, and Infinity Ward proves that they listen to the people by making grenades act more realistically (erratic bouncing, etc.). Add an ungodly amount of unlockable guns, upgraded perks, new kill/death streaks, and lots more, it's almost guaranteed that you'll never go back to another FPS ever again (yes, Halo counts). And then there's Spec Ops. In my opinion, this is probably the best addition of the game: the ability to play co-op online or offline with friends to complete daunting challenges. At first, missions like fending off a hill with only guns and each others' backs for 5 minutes seems pretty impossible, but you learn to adapt to the situation (and aim your Predator missiles later on) and ultimately prevail. And it's that feeling of accomplishment and dominance that fuels gamers. And that's just one mission: There are 5 tiers of Spec Ops, the next significantly harder than the previous. Add this with the epic singleplayer, and jaw-dropping multiplayer, and you've got basically 3 separate games in one package. Overall, I believe that Modern Warfare 2 is an unbelievably polished game. The amount of detail that is put into every particle and aspect of the game is clearly shown as you progress of singleplayer, frag in multiplayer, or team up in Spec Ops. The people have spoken, and Infinity Ward has listened: this game is a must buy, and unanimously deserves my 10/10. Expand
  93. [anonymous]
    Dec 20, 2009
    I hate it when people buy a good game just to pretend they are reviewers and nit-pick it to death. If the occasional pop-up in the graphics ruins the entire game for you than boo-hoo go cry about it. If the campeign is short, then stop playing it on easy mode and find the intel items, and while you're at it try out special ops and the infenetly replayable multiplayer. If you judged I hate it when people buy a good game just to pretend they are reviewers and nit-pick it to death. If the occasional pop-up in the graphics ruins the entire game for you than boo-hoo go cry about it. If the campeign is short, then stop playing it on easy mode and find the intel items, and while you're at it try out special ops and the infenetly replayable multiplayer. If you judged the game without even playing most of it (yes really just view all comments and you will see people like that) than you have absolutely no right to speak out against it. The story is good (yeah f*ck you people who think you can write something better) and the gameplay is perfect, except for waiting forever to get respawned in some game matches, no checkpoints in spec-ops, and the jungle escape level that everybody died a million times on. My pont is that people should not hate on it to death just because it's been hyped a lot, and by the way it deserved the hype, and I dare anyone to find or make a better, more polished fps. I can't believe Metacritic actually reviewed and aproved some of these comments. When Infinity Ward is shut down because their latest game got a low user-score on this site that isn't at all justified by its comments and when in the future we'll all be playing some sort of Sonic the Hedgehog and World of Warcraft mixed shooter because everyone hates popular things just for the sake of hating them, I will be the first to say "tolja so" Expand
  94. Joe
    Dec 2, 2009
    There are so many stupid people out there think this game is bad because either the single player campaign was too short or the game was too expensive. If they listened to any of the publicity for the game at all, they would have known that their money wasn't just for a 6 hour campaign, but for an intense co-op mode that as far as im concerned made up for no campaign co-op, and a There are so many stupid people out there think this game is bad because either the single player campaign was too short or the game was too expensive. If they listened to any of the publicity for the game at all, they would have known that their money wasn't just for a 6 hour campaign, but for an intense co-op mode that as far as im concerned made up for no campaign co-op, and a vastly improved multiplayer that addressed loads of complaints about the great multiplayer from Cod4. No one should have gotten this game without playing Cod4 anyway, and if they had played it, they would know what to expect from the single player and multiplayer. No one should have bought this game just for the single player. Multiplayer was the big thing in Cod4, and it's no different in MW2. No one ever claimed this game was going to be groundbreaking; it was supposed to be an IMPROVED sequel to the original, and improved it was. And i was looking at some of the undeserved negative reviews below, and one guy criticized the first person camera?!? and then said he liked halo? its the same freakin type of camera dude! Expand
  95. EC
    Dec 3, 2009
    Amazing multiplayer, deeper than any other on the consoles. This sets the bar nicely, ban Treyarch from making a sequel!
  96. JayB
    Dec 3, 2009
    Excellent game by all standards! Only complaint would be that I wish you could play the campaign portion with a friend. Other than that the Spec Ops, Multiplayer and story are worth every pennie. If you have not done so already, purchase this game as it will not sit in a pile; guaranteed to play in your xbox for months to come.
  97. ChrisR
    Dec 8, 2009
    This game is absolutely amazing. If you don't like first person shooters then you shouldn't even be rating this game because it's not your cup of tea. But if you like FPS games then this is incredible! The graphics are the best in the business, the play control is spot-on, the audio is amazing, and the re-play value is there for not only the single player campaign (without This game is absolutely amazing. If you don't like first person shooters then you shouldn't even be rating this game because it's not your cup of tea. But if you like FPS games then this is incredible! The graphics are the best in the business, the play control is spot-on, the audio is amazing, and the re-play value is there for not only the single player campaign (without being almost impossible to find the intel like the first game), but also for the new game mode Special Ops, and the multiplayer. Multiplayer has been expanded with customizable perks, additional equipment and weapon modifications. And the upgrades and goals to achieve in multiplayer come often enough that you always feel like you just succeeded in unlocking something cool, but are still urged on to your next objective without feeling like you're going to be grinding towards it forever. This game was created to make you feel like you're playing through an action movie on the campaign and they mastered it. While some might accuse the developers of a lack of depth in the characters the action takes place around you, the player, and it's your reactions to the graphics, sound, and exciting combat situations you are thrown in where this game shines. If you want a story, go read a book. If you want to be the main character in a playable action movie... This is your must-own game of the year! Expand
  98. TomF
    Jan 11, 2010
    First of all I don't understand why the user score is so low, I guess its a love-it or hate-it game but I loved it. If your getting this only for the single player (get xbox live already!) and have nobody to play spec-ops with then wait for the price to go down. For everyone else I completely recommended this 100%, the game looks absolutely amazing in HD, there were a few moments in First of all I don't understand why the user score is so low, I guess its a love-it or hate-it game but I loved it. If your getting this only for the single player (get xbox live already!) and have nobody to play spec-ops with then wait for the price to go down. For everyone else I completely recommended this 100%, the game looks absolutely amazing in HD, there were a few moments in the single player where I felt like a part of the game it was amazing, the final scene is bad-ass too. I liked their take on war torn Washington DC, an eerily real concept that makes you wonder if war will ever be fought on our soil. Also the character models are some of the most realistic I've seen to date and the effects are fantastic. The story may be a little short, I didn't notice this because I spaced it out into a period of a few weeks because of the multiplayer, but it is very well told and interesting. The co-op missions are a very fun and addicting feature that allow you to play with another person. Now for the real gameplay experience, online play. I cannot praise this enough, it retains the core style of the first one and adds massive depth and new weapons. I remember my friend and I discussing things they should add to the new one and they pretty much read my mind. You now get extra points for payback, long shot kills, double kills and many other things; there is nothing like popping someone from 150 yards and having 5 different things pop up on the screen awarding you. The challenges are one of my favorite additions, you can now get up to 1000 kills with a weapon and still earn points and also unlock attachments based on which attachments you get kills with. There are also perc based challenges which encourage the use of different ones. I remember in COD4 I had stopping power for all my classes, but now with things like hardline and cold blooded I'm using different ones all the time. The addition of new weapons also adds another element to the game as there are now many, many ways to overcome your foes. You can be a dual wielding psychopath with two bullet hoses in each hand or a sharpshooter with extremely accurate assault and sniper rifles or anywhere in between. This makes the online element more challenging and harder because you now have threats of all different kinds. like when your sitting behind a sandbag fortification and a javelin missile comes in out of nowhere and ruins your day or when you turn the corner and get blasted by someone with akimbo shotguns. You can also unlock many different titles and emblems to differentiate yourself from other online players. There are many many ways to go about playing this game online and it is one of the best online experiences to date. I highly recommend this game to anyone who was a fan of the last one or fans of first person shooters in general. Expand
  99. TheBestAroundAye
    Jan 15, 2010
    First off i'd like to say that if u didn't rate a 10 you need to tell me a better first person shooter that has good campaign and online multiplayer because nothing can beat this game. I'm sure some of you will say Halo but it just doesn't compare to Call of Duty. I will say the campaign is short but the multiplayer is AMAZING. Sure you may get mad at the campers and First off i'd like to say that if u didn't rate a 10 you need to tell me a better first person shooter that has good campaign and online multiplayer because nothing can beat this game. I'm sure some of you will say Halo but it just doesn't compare to Call of Duty. I will say the campaign is short but the multiplayer is AMAZING. Sure you may get mad at the campers and the kill streaks. But thats just the way it is. There will never be a perfect game. Expand
  100. JacobW
    Jan 19, 2010
    Although the singleplayer is short it has an amazing story and is also fun. It's a good example of where the graphics and gameplay is today. Multiplayer is amazing just like CoD4 but has added in many new weapons, perks and also deathstreaks. I don't understand why people are giving this game a low score because this generation of gaming is about Multiplayer. Why should games Although the singleplayer is short it has an amazing story and is also fun. It's a good example of where the graphics and gameplay is today. Multiplayer is amazing just like CoD4 but has added in many new weapons, perks and also deathstreaks. I don't understand why people are giving this game a low score because this generation of gaming is about Multiplayer. Why should games that have amazing multiplayer and a decent story deserve a low score when good singleplayer and no multiplayer games deserve a high score. Ask yourself this before voting, which lasts longer multiplayer or singleplayer? Expand
  101. Aug 2, 2011
    The Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with something half good and not a masterpiece. Call of Duty MW2 has its production values, its popular, it has high quality models, shooting animations and sounds which do provides players some immediate satisfying gameplay (for a short time). But theThe Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with something half good and not a masterpiece. Call of Duty MW2 has its production values, its popular, it has high quality models, shooting animations and sounds which do provides players some immediate satisfying gameplay (for a short time). But the overall 'game' of MW2 is a mixed bag and fails to be something really special, not just a 'fun' or 'popular' game. The single player story is a bad joke, the themes and meanings the story portrays are a contradictory muddled mess. The special Op missions do offer some well designed gameplay but why the story mode is not intertwined is confusing, I would have preferred the entire story dropped for more Special Ops. The multiplayer can be fun for short periods of time but does lack depth which is why it has not resonated as a competitive Esport title. I do recommend MW2 due its surface fun and value for money but it lacks to what should have been something much much more. Collapse

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer.