6.2

1. Jul 28, 2015
    TrueGamerOpinion here bringing you the truest opinion a man can count on! Aside from the aftermath of 10th prestige lobbies and hackers galore when the games population went down ... MW2 was a shooting game masterpiece, Almost borrowing everything from the original and implementing some exciting new changes, this is considered by many to be the best COD game to date. The story was dramaticTrueGamerOpinion here bringing you the truest opinion a man can count on! Aside from the aftermath of 10th prestige lobbies and hackers galore when the games population went down ... MW2 was a shooting game masterpiece, Almost borrowing everything from the original and implementing some exciting new changes, this is considered by many to be the best COD game to date. The story was dramatic and believable as well as the multiplayer being extremely addicting and having a very high replay value, this was the perfect recipe to creating a FPS masterpiece. As for balancing goes well that is the beauty of MW2 you're either good at the game or you're not! Plain and simple ... Complaining about high level weapons killing you? Well that's too bad for the skill gap in this game was present immaculately separating the bad from the good, thus the main reason why the online was so ingenious. Mix this with some amazing maps that had areas of outsmarting enemies as if it were real life and you got yourself a well made game indeed!
    Long gone are the days where skill mattered in COD for now we have recycled trash made by the dozen of garbage employees and money hungry corps. that make up the new generation of COD's. A toast to a slice of FPS gaming heaven! This ... Is Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2.
  2. May 24, 2015
    MW2 is what some claim to be the last good CoD game (even though Black Ops, the very next game, is better than it). The campaign is full of intense battles and cinematic moments (which weren't as impactful because I've never played CoD4MW). The multiplayer felt imbalanced or something but it's still fun to play. I've almost capped off leveling but haven't presitged (whereas I've presitgedMW2 is what some claim to be the last good CoD game (even though Black Ops, the very next game, is better than it). The campaign is full of intense battles and cinematic moments (which weren't as impactful because I've never played CoD4MW). The multiplayer felt imbalanced or something but it's still fun to play. I've almost capped off leveling but haven't presitged (whereas I've presitged 3 times in Black Ops and played enough to have done so five times). The co-op consists of numerous 1 or 2-player missions (some only 2-player) that range from stealth to massive shootouts (mostly the latter). It's a great shooter; it's not the masterpiece that some claim it is but it's much farther form the dog **** that others claim it is. Expand
  3. Mar 29, 2015
    Call of duty: Modern warfare 2 is actually one my favorite Call of duty games. The singleplayer campaign has some of the funnest missions in any Call of duty game, maybe not as fun as Call of duty 4: Modern warfare but still worth playing. The story continued very well from the last Modern warfare game. The multiplayer is the most addictive and fun out of the whole series, you will spendCall of duty: Modern warfare 2 is actually one my favorite Call of duty games. The singleplayer campaign has some of the funnest missions in any Call of duty game, maybe not as fun as Call of duty 4: Modern warfare but still worth playing. The story continued very well from the last Modern warfare game. The multiplayer is the most addictive and fun out of the whole series, you will spend hours playing this. The spec ops mode has some very fun missions you will play with your friends over and over trying to get the best score. If you are a fan of Call of duty, then buy this. Expand
  4. Feb 1, 2015
    This is - in my opinion - where the franchise peaked. The campaign was pretty solid, and although it may not have been as good as MW1 it was still executed well. I didn't even mind the ending was a QTE pretty much, it did what it needed to and it was satisfying. Then, we go to multiplayer. Oh wow. One of the best multiplayer experiences i've ever had. I enjoyed so many of these maps, thereThis is - in my opinion - where the franchise peaked. The campaign was pretty solid, and although it may not have been as good as MW1 it was still executed well. I didn't even mind the ending was a QTE pretty much, it did what it needed to and it was satisfying. Then, we go to multiplayer. Oh wow. One of the best multiplayer experiences i've ever had. I enjoyed so many of these maps, there were so many brilliant maps to play on, a few of my favourite being; Karachi, Favela, Rust, Underpass, afghan, skidrow, quarry, highrise, invasion, estate, scrapyard, sub base, terminal and fuel. Now how many games have the majority of their maps being brilliant. And to those who complain about the multiplayer beinf overpowered with its weapons and killstreaks, you guys speak so much rubbish. The multiplayer was addictively fun, the funnest multiplayer experience i've ever had. It didn't have to be balanced, it just had to be fun, that's what video games are made for. Then additionally there was spec ops which was a bit of extra fun but not too much could be said about that. Overall, easily one of the best fps's ever. It just beats MW1 (not story wise) due to it's extremely addictinf multiplayer that i lost months in playing. I wish cod could come back to making games like this. Every game after this i have not enjoyed. However, i have found advanced warfare going in the right direction, being a little bit more fresh. Great game this. Expand
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    While some people may say that this game was overrated and mostly used by children, this game is still my favorite.

This improved off of CoD4, and made gamers across the world fall in love.

9.8/10
  6. Dec 6, 2014
    Call of Duty continues to set the standard in the first person shooter genre. Modern Warfare 2 has a solid story but yet again it's all about the multiplayer which is just as addictive. Modern Warfare 2's failure to be ground breaking means it is just beaten by it's predecessor though.
  7. Nov 26, 2014
    Amazing game. The last game made by the old IW, before they were fired. Truly an excellent game. The best Call of Duty, bar none, and the last truly amazing game. Rediculous fun can be had. Noobtubes can be a problem, but they don't damper the experience enough. If it was released for next gen, I'd by it in a heartbeat.
  8. Nov 20, 2014
    I never once played single player. Multiplayer was amazing until everyone figured out that you can non stop noob tube and other unbalanced craziness that I cant quite remember. What I do remember is that the game was never patched, things were never fixed. They just waited for the next COD. 6/10
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10).

9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10).

When did Call of Duty become the ultimate cash cow franchise? Many claim it was with the original Modern Warfare, but the dud that came in the next year, World At War, proved that the series may have just been a one hit wonder. Then came MW2. This series wasn't going to hold back just because it hadn't made it as big on one entry. Modern Warfare 2 is the ideal sequel. It has better graphics, a better story, better set pieces, better gunplay and of course, better multiplayer. While it isn't a massive step forward for the series and is content to rest on its laurels in some spots, this is simply because it was so far ahead of any competition at the time.

The thing that makes Call of Duty so popular is its accessibility. At almost any time, you can just pick up a controller and start playing. The gunplay is easy to get the hang of, but incredibly difficult to master. No two guns feel the same and no matter if you're hip firing or looking through a sight, it just reacts quickly and plays smoothly. The movement handles in the right way and while there isn't a sticky cover system like in Gears of War, crouching and returning fire is just as satisfying. Melee an enemy and while the impact is unrealistic, the quick stab is perfect if you want to end things quickly. COD may be lacklustre nowadays, but its gameplay is still as smooth and polished as possible.

But while we can talk all we want about the controls and the shooting, what about the actual content? The campaign itself is no longer than that of the original and while it may not have the complexity or originality of the first game, it certainly ratchets up the tension with shocking twists, crazy set pieces and cool new characters. It continues directly on from the original game, except now a new enemy has arisen. Makarov is undoubtedly one of the scariest villains in all of gaming and the lengths he will go to to attain what he wants makes this as much a thriller as it is a shooter. One oof the first few levels in this game firmly makes that point stick in your mind, as you are forced to watch hundreds of innocent civilians get mowed down. The infamous "No Russian" level still holds up and is still difficult to get through. While you may have played GTA, that series is based around the point of going out and killing plenty of people in crazy ways. The realistic terrorism themes at the heart of COD make this more controversial than it needs to be. That level aside, the game is truly amazing and the story is blistering and action-packed. While no level may ever reach the heights of "All Ghillied Up", a certain few come close here and the set pieces range from an attack on the white house, to a stealth level in the snow to a final showdown on jet skis. This is action at its absolute best and not many series do explosions and shootouts better than Call of Duty.

There is certainly a large amount of replayability to the game, what with the multiple collectibles, the many difficulty levels and the Epilogue level in a Call of Duty museum, but one mode takes replayability to its extremes. Spec Ops consists of a series of mini objectives that have a score and ranking system. Every challenge can be completed in co-op and a select few make teaming up with a buddy essential. There are even a few Spec Ops missions that recall the original game's sniper level and this is even better when played with a buddy. You can easily put as much, if not more time, into this mode as you do in the single player campaign. It's a bonus that most of these are really fun and endlessly enjoyable.

But I can't put it off any longer- it's time to talk about multiplayer. The best part of COD gets even better in MW2, with a range of new modes, unlockables and maps, including some instant classics such as the rather large "Terminal". In all, the new features aren't a massive step forward, but the Create A Class system is a large enhancement and the range of perks and scorestreaks is impressive. Sniping is one of the strengths online and learning how to handle a scoped rifle may be key to your success. However, you really do have multiple options when it comes to fighting. You can run and gun, pick off enemies at long range or (if you're a really annoying player) camp. The options open are vast and while you may run into some fairly rage worthy situations, the game is consistently entertaining. The RPG like levelling system is still well handles and the offline levelling means that you can enjoy your split screen even more.

Modern Warfare 2 is fantastic and is easily the second best COD. It could be said that the series fell into a monotonous rut here, but back in 2009 it was incredibly impressive. In all fairness, it still is and deserves a large amount of recognition.
  10. Oct 18, 2014
    Great story, relatable characters, incredible voice acting feels like you are actually there it like cod 4 but with everything done better visually and smoother movement
  11. Sep 27, 2014
    A great single player campaign as well a great sequel to the modern warfare storyline. MW2's multiplayer has the most bulls**t of any CoD I've played. The most prominent problem I've with this game is the noobtubing that just makes me angry. Despite the flaws in this game, it's still a fun and great experience in multiplayer. The spec ops mode is dull and doesn't have much replay value.
  12. Sep 4, 2014
    The Campaign is good as always, but it has the worst Multiplayer ever. Tactical Nukes, a ton of hackers (on every platform) and tons of tryhards ruined this game.
  13. Jul 14, 2014
    THIS GAME IS EPIC AS BALLS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! The ONLY downside is its a short game... BUT BUY NOW BECAUSE THIS GAME IS THE REASON I PLAY SHOOTERS BUY NOWWWWWWWWW
  14. Jul 14, 2014
    Mw2 is better but not as good as the first mw. I liked the campaign alot better in the first mw. The multiplayer in mw2 is decent but I still loved the first one better. Spec Ops is a great addition to the game for it would keep players hooked on it.
  15. Jul 7, 2014
    This game is actually good compared to the cods that are out today. Maybe not as good as Cod4 or WAW but definitely in my top 3.. Quicking scoping was the best in this game, way better than BO and MW3, killstreaks where OP and lots of 12 yr old nuke boosters but still, if you think about it now it is better than BO2 and Ghosts which SUCK ASS
  16. Jun 21, 2014
    Suspense, action, nukes and EMPs. A recipe for complete chaos, and chaos plus FPS is amazing. Sometimes chaos cannot be controlled (much like the controls), and that's were the game falls; the ending... The lousy ending to a fantastic game. 8/10
  17. Jun 11, 2014
    A lot of people gave this a bad score, but they, ohh boy those people need to turn there Xbox back on and play it again. I know it wasn't futuristic but the gamplay was amazing (by far the best call of duty ever). I know most of these guys that hated on it were literally COD haters but still an amazing game. The newer call of duties look like absolute crap. Especially the new upcomingA lot of people gave this a bad score, but they, ohh boy those people need to turn there Xbox back on and play it again. I know it wasn't futuristic but the gamplay was amazing (by far the best call of duty ever). I know most of these guys that hated on it were literally COD haters but still an amazing game. The newer call of duties look like absolute crap. Especially the new upcoming advanced warfare. But MW2 was something special. Expand
  18. Jun 8, 2014
    With bland multiplayer, and a rather dull gameplay engine, Modern Warfare 2 is not only boring and unfun, but downright stupid. The story to it has got to be one of the worst I have very had the displeasure of viewing, but is so tasteless I cannot bear to type this anymore. This game is overrated and awful. What keeps this at a two is that it at least works. What is funny is that in a gameWith bland multiplayer, and a rather dull gameplay engine, Modern Warfare 2 is not only boring and unfun, but downright stupid. The story to it has got to be one of the worst I have very had the displeasure of viewing, but is so tasteless I cannot bear to type this anymore. This game is overrated and awful. What keeps this at a two is that it at least works. What is funny is that in a game about shooting generic foreign bad guy after generic foreign bad guy is that the guns feel lousy and the shooting is unfun. Expand
  19. May 30, 2014
    This is the last great Call of Duty before the game which nearly destroyed CoD, Black Ops, The campaign is actually fun, with some amazing missions and spec ops (which would've been nice if it was Online instead of friends only), it will keep you entertained for a while, then there is the multiplayer, i actually enjoyed it, it had reasonable sized maps and unique map designs.

Overall =

Overall = 9.6/10, it has a solid campaign, a superb Multiplayer and a great Spec Ops mode which would've been nice if it had Online for everyone, this stands as the strongest CoD ever.
  20. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.2 Fun/Story: 9.1

A awesome FPS, it´s good, fast, pretty and funny. I really enjoyed to play it through the end without stopping.
  21. Mar 30, 2014
    I just got this game and I will admit I am VERY impressed. but there are some bad things if you are a semi good gamer like me you should not play online the players there are EXCELLENT. unless you are an awesome gamer do not play Xbox live. But campaign is fantastic: snowmobile chases, ice climbing. turret manning. sniper missions. It will never get old I think MW 2 is the best COD gameI just got this game and I will admit I am VERY impressed. but there are some bad things if you are a semi good gamer like me you should not play online the players there are EXCELLENT. unless you are an awesome gamer do not play Xbox live. But campaign is fantastic: snowmobile chases, ice climbing. turret manning. sniper missions. It will never get old I think MW 2 is the best COD game ever beside BO2 Expand
  22. Mar 3, 2014
    This game had the potential of being the best cod ever, except for one crucial flaw; the balance in the game is HORRENDOUS. The ump45 can get a 3 shot kill from any range, stopping power makes some of the guns far too powerful, death streaks are unfair, shotguns should not be secondaries, quick scoping is rampant, and very annoying. Kill streaks should not stack one another. You can SNIPEThis game had the potential of being the best cod ever, except for one crucial flaw; the balance in the game is HORRENDOUS. The ump45 can get a 3 shot kill from any range, stopping power makes some of the guns far too powerful, death streaks are unfair, shotguns should not be secondaries, quick scoping is rampant, and very annoying. Kill streaks should not stack one another. You can SNIPE WITH A SHOTGUN. The model 1887 akimbo has unlimited range. And who could forget one man army NOOBTUBES.
    Aside from this though, the game really is one of the best titles in the cod franchise.
  23. Feb 21, 2014
    Nothing short of an FPS Wonder, MW2 Truely delivers a unique sense that only its predecessor (Modern Warfare) can match. With heart stopping, adrenaline pumping single player, A new and unique Co-Op Spec Ops mode, and an online mode fit for the king of modern FPS, with a wealth of ranks, unlockables and experiences. MW2 is a wonder of video games, and is sure to sit there for a long time.
  24. Feb 8, 2014
    Worst Call of duty to date. No rewardable material/content. Infinity Ward always made the worst CoD games, and this game is a major example of that.
  25. Jan 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good single player. A bit short but good. Despite the airport massacre mission. Spec Ops has lots of nice missions. Graphics are very good for 2009 but acceptable as of today. Multiplayer is as addictive as other games. Forget about the negative reviews and Ghosts! Go and buy this! Expand
  26. Jan 27, 2014
    Game is more visually gratifying than it's predecessor with special ops inclusion being a real plus, I am playing the game almost 5 years after release and still managed to rustle up multiplayer games with ease.
    I found the campaign more compelling than the first game probably simply for the fact that the story-line progresses on from there in a much more interesting and less cliche way blurring the lines between the heroes and the villains. Thoroughly enjoyed this game.
  27. Jan 20, 2014
    This was the last CoD worth playing in my opinion. The multiplayer was truly well done. Honestly, I can't even remember the campaign. Probably proving it sucked. Whatever. This was good back in it's time. No use going back to it now though.
  28. Jan 19, 2014
    This was the moment that this generation became obsessed with brown cover based shooting and it was a sad day, this game sold millions but did manage to separate casual gamers from real gamers with one question, do you play COD? Overall this is just a poor run of the mill generic title straight off the 360 conveyor belt of ****
  29. Jan 17, 2014
    Cannot criticise this game at all, completely enjoy all the game modes and guns. Really easy to understand how to customise classes and I enjoyed the campaign even though it was a bit short. The multiplayer is absolutely outstanding and I bloody love it. Best Call of Duty game so far!
  30. Dec 27, 2013
    MW2 continues the great story telling experience of CoD4, but greatly expands the multiplayer landscape, making Modern Warfare 2 perhaps the best FPS experience of its time. Levels are a bit bigger, more playlists are available, tons of cool killstreaks are available and the level designs are some of the best & most interesting to launch with a game. It's hard to imagine how good thisMW2 continues the great story telling experience of CoD4, but greatly expands the multiplayer landscape, making Modern Warfare 2 perhaps the best FPS experience of its time. Levels are a bit bigger, more playlists are available, tons of cool killstreaks are available and the level designs are some of the best & most interesting to launch with a game. It's hard to imagine how good this game would be if it were "perfect", but the good news is it doesn't have to be. I could warrant a "10" on this game if it carried dedicated servers and could push the graphics envelope a bit more, but in the end these would only push the experience a bit further. Sans dedicated servers, this game plays well online almost all of the time, and I can only think of Halo 2 when considering a game I've put this much online time in, ever. Like CoD4, MW2 is a must-play for fans of the series and fans of the FPS genre as a whole. Expand
  31. Dec 3, 2013
    MW2 is one of the most overrated games of all time. Campaign is short and cliche, multiplayer is nothing but campers, overpowered killstreaks, unbalanced perks, and awful maps. Spec Ops is fun, but it doesn't make up for the rest of MW2's shortcomings. The fact that this turd is being hailed as the best COD ever is absurd, when in fact MW2 is one of the worst. MW2 is a mediocre shooter at best.
  32. Nov 28, 2013
    this was the first call of duty that i have played,it is a good game but there is just a little difference between it and the first modern warfare,but after all it's good.
  33. Nov 13, 2013
    COD designers have said they think a lot of players didn't like the choke points of the map and it made it hard for players to adapt to the style of play they gave, however unlike previous installments of the series the maps followed a formula of choke points on most (not all) maps. The major downfall of the online experience was initially boosting where players boost their stats or forCOD designers have said they think a lot of players didn't like the choke points of the map and it made it hard for players to adapt to the style of play they gave, however unlike previous installments of the series the maps followed a formula of choke points on most (not all) maps. The major downfall of the online experience was initially boosting where players boost their stats or for titles, and not everyone was able to catch on to common hiding spots. However, the multiplayer experience gave players a wide range of unique ways to play the game through its perks and weapons. Campaign was on the edge of good but is still mediocre. The main focus of this game is its online play, the ability to have kill streaks count toward another and level up and complete challenges that gave you tags and boards that showed publicly between games in lobbies was fun. From a personal standpoint playing search and destroy on a map with choke points was very fun because you had to strategize with your team on how to capture/defend the objectives. This in combination with choosing different styles of playing the game (yes.. including noobtubes w/ D close) forced players to have to use a competitive mind set to be aware of their position while occasionally rewarded skilled players who could beat the enemy to the trigger made for hours of fresh play. Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    Looking back, this was most likely the most well thought out COD to date. It successfully built on an already great game, while expanding the series to its full potential. As it only the second of its kind, it's hard to categorize it as the "same old annual COD" that the franchise has become today.

This game provided countless hours of enjoyment, and since the series was far from its current popularity, it benefited from a lack of immature children and a-holes, at least during the earlier half of its life. As such, I am also reviewing this game by its audience at the time; it wouldn't matter if a better Call of Duty was released in this generation, as the infuriating, disrespectful and childish audience of today would strongly deteriorate the enjoyment for the old dogs (I mean OLD dogs, as in COD2 & COD3 old). A game is only as good as the experience it delivers, and if this means that a 10/10 games is thrown to the wolves due to the unpleasant experience delivered by whining, excessively aggressive and confrontational players, then that is the rating it will receive.

Frankly, the end of this game's life cycle marked the beginning of the end for COD in the eyes of many players, despite its gaining popularity, which mostly came from the younger generation.

The campaign was a masterpiece, this coming from a gamer who has quite honestly despised every COD installment following WaW. The addition of Hans Zimmer for the soundtrack brought the game up many notches, and the Hollywood-style cinematics was somewhat of a first for video games (one which has, at this point, worn out its welcome).

To wrap things up, this is one Call of Duty that certainly deserves higher than the 6.1 user rating, at least for its time. The 9/10 rating I give it is only contextual to the 2007-2008 time period, and if I were to review it as a new game today (one which follows the crank-out-another-every-year formula) it would snag closer to a 4/10.
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    Don't know how this game could get a 6.1 but Modern warfare 2 is easily the best call of duty game of all time. Til this day I still prefer playing MW2 than any other CoD game. CoD Ghosts has nothing on MW2. Infinity should have kept west and zampella. Titanfall will be CoD's downfall.
  36. Nov 2, 2013
    [8.2] Modern Warfare 2 is the last good game in a series that quickly ran out of ideas. Modern Warfare 2 might be nothing special to some, but it has everything a good shooter needs. It's campaign is wonderfully well-written, and while it may be linear, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself, whether it be playing on veteran (a very enjoyable challenge), searching for collectibles,[8.2] Modern Warfare 2 is the last good game in a series that quickly ran out of ideas. Modern Warfare 2 might be nothing special to some, but it has everything a good shooter needs. It's campaign is wonderfully well-written, and while it may be linear, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself, whether it be playing on veteran (a very enjoyable challenge), searching for collectibles, playing through speed runs, and even satisfying your sick blood lust in an airport massacre. The multiplayer is generally less impressive, but offers plenty of fun as well. The maps are clearly well laid out, the action is intense (and constant, which can prove annoying to those who demand variety), and although the community in the game isn't generally friendly, it can be quite fun to interact with them. Lastly, the Special Operations missions are an endlessly fun challenge. Just with one friend, it isn't hard to play for hours against waves of enemies that make you angry in the most rewarding way. As much as you might not like to say, the game really makes you think unlike its successors. While in retrospect all of that might not seem like much, four years ago, before Call of Duty had repeated itself several times, Modern Warfare 2 garnered appropriate, well-deserved respect. Expand
  37. Oct 31, 2013
    Everything about it sucks pretty badly, but I wish I could submit a review for the story separate from the multiplayer because under the globs of crap that is this game is a grade A action story that Michael Bay would be upset over not getting to adapt to film. Sadly the multiplayer is unbearable and filled with cheap ten year olds that would rather stay at home and develop either someEverything about it sucks pretty badly, but I wish I could submit a review for the story separate from the multiplayer because under the globs of crap that is this game is a grade A action story that Michael Bay would be upset over not getting to adapt to film. Sadly the multiplayer is unbearable and filled with cheap ten year olds that would rather stay at home and develop either some form of dementia from sitting too close to the television or autism; I can't tell which.

38. Sep 7, 2013
    Second best title in the franchise, and the last true CoD to date. I understand the complaints of most reviewers, they thing the game is a copy of CoD 4. Yes, the game looks outdated as it's the copy of MW1, but even some of these critics notice, that despite the game's flaws, it's incredibly addicting. The campaign was in original MW's best traditions: bad russians, sripts and everythingSecond best title in the franchise, and the last true CoD to date. I understand the complaints of most reviewers, they thing the game is a copy of CoD 4. Yes, the game looks outdated as it's the copy of MW1, but even some of these critics notice, that despite the game's flaws, it's incredibly addicting. The campaign was in original MW's best traditions: bad russians, sripts and everything else. And I didn't expect much from it. But the missions still looked diversified, there are some good scripted scenes, and the Zimmer's soundtrack is just a masterpiece. Spec Ops introduced some good and challenging missions for you and your friend. Multiplayer introduced even more variety in every way, but the mechanics (back then) worked great. Best way to discribe this game: it smells like CoD 4, but the MW1's expiration date was in the future (back then, again). And, unlike the old CoD, it's still playable and there are some good games on all the platforms. More than Expand
  39. Sep 2, 2013
    I simply have too many fond memories of this game to give it anything lower than an 8.4, even though the quality of the game is significantly lower than that.

The multiplayer was straight up standard FPS which was quite fun to play with friends, and I have fueled a ridiculous amount of hours into it. The single player also had a nice story, and the spec ops missions were a lot of fun to do with a friend. Overall, the multiplayer aspect of this game is what makes it good, but over the years, I have grown tired of its standard, strict FPS feel. As my friends got bored of it, I ran out of things to do and I eventually shelved it.
  40. Aug 31, 2013
    This game is simply world class. In my opinion it's the best call of duty game ever. The campaign may be short but is still great and the multiplayer is also fantastic, simply the best.
  41. Aug 22, 2013
    My personal favourite Call of Duty title. A step up from Call of Duty 4 in most ways, but that also means its relative simplicity is lost in the process. Singleplayer is short but full of action and set pieces, before everyone got bored to death of them. Special ops is a simple timesplitters esque challenge mode for coop play. Multiplayer is still buggy to this day, but my oh my, when itsMy personal favourite Call of Duty title. A step up from Call of Duty 4 in most ways, but that also means its relative simplicity is lost in the process. Singleplayer is short but full of action and set pieces, before everyone got bored to death of them. Special ops is a simple timesplitters esque challenge mode for coop play. Multiplayer is still buggy to this day, but my oh my, when its played as it should there will never be an experience as fun or action packed as this. Highly doubt that Ghosts will surpass the game Expand
  42. Aug 10, 2013
    The standard by which all other FPS games should be judged. Infinity Ward nails it as compared to the awful Treyarch COD games. The single player campaign is a little brief, but it's very, very good. The multi-player is awesome. Great maps, great weapons, great graphics, great shot recognition, etc... Awesome!
  43. Aug 7, 2013
    Almost as good as cod 4. The campaign was amazing and this was by far the best multiplayer. The maps were great and guns were great. No complaints about this game whatsoever. Idfk what this 6.1 bs is about
  44. Aug 5, 2013
    My review for the last good call of duty game.

SINGLE PLAYER: 9/10. carries on from COD 4, great moments with a lot of twists and turns. but it is short GRAPHICS: 8.5/10. improved graphics from COD 4, but no significant differences. still not bad looking, though SOUND: 8/10. good quality, but nothing outstanding MULTIPLAYER: 9.25/10. take COD 4, and improve it in every way.
    My review for the last good call of duty game.

SOUND: 8/10. good quality, but nothing outstanding
    MULTIPLAYER: 9.25/10. take COD 4, and improve it in every way. brilliant. didn't work so well for MW2-3
    GAMEPLAY: 9/10. 60 FPS, tight controls, few glitches, and good maps. what else could you ask for?
    FUN FACTOR: 8.75/10. fun game, but won't change haters minds
    TOTAL: 9/10
  45. Jul 29, 2013
    Expectations:
    In only a few words I have no expectations for 'Call Of Duty' games.
    Scores: Graphics: 5/10 Campaign: 1/10 Sound: 2/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Multiplayer: 0/10 Final Score: 3/10 Final Verdict: The graphics put simply are average, the campaign is essentially what battlefield 3 would have been like if it was directed by Michael Bay. The sounds of guns and explosions in
    Expectations:
    In only a few words I have no expectations for 'Call Of Duty' games.

Scores:
    Graphics: 5/10
    Campaign: 1/10
    Sound: 2/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Multiplayer: 0/10
    Final Score: 3/10

Final Verdict:
    The graphics put simply are average, the campaign is essentially what battlefield 3 would have been like if it was directed by Michael Bay. The sounds of guns and explosions in this game are awful, the gameplay is just above average because of the fast paced nature of it. Multiplayer in this game is terrible it requires no skill as all you have to do is choose the right weapon, attachments and perks, after that you're a near un-killable tank.
  46. Jul 26, 2013
    I know a lot of people hate this series. However, this was back when this series was actually enjoyable. Despite the hackers, annoying prepubescents, trolls, etc you will always have moments that you will always remember. This game wasn't made for the story it was made for the multiplayer experience. In fact, this is the only game in the entire series where I actually got to the max levelI know a lot of people hate this series. However, this was back when this series was actually enjoyable. Despite the hackers, annoying prepubescents, trolls, etc you will always have moments that you will always remember. This game wasn't made for the story it was made for the multiplayer experience. In fact, this is the only game in the entire series where I actually got to the max level without asking my sneaky friend to help me out a bit (hehehehe). Anyhow, go try it out and forget the new Call of Duty's. Expand
  47. Jul 25, 2013
    This game deserves that, but there are too many trolls in the comments giving this game zeroes that i have to give it a 10. the single player was short but sweet, as with spec ops. the multiplayer had the potential to be the best in the series, with great maps and guns, but the community ruined it by using cheap tactics. search and destroy was extremely fun though because of the other people and the crazy times you had.
  48. Jul 14, 2013
    While it didn't innovate that much it's still a great game the campaign it short but intense the spec ops mode is actually very well done the multiplayer is still very addictive and the new killstreaks add some more depth but they are a bit stupid. The graphics were updated and so was the engine. There are lots of new guns and equipment and some really good characters (Ghost) but it justWhile it didn't innovate that much it's still a great game the campaign it short but intense the spec ops mode is actually very well done the multiplayer is still very addictive and the new killstreaks add some more depth but they are a bit stupid. The graphics were updated and so was the engine. There are lots of new guns and equipment and some really good characters (Ghost) but it just wasn't suppoted after release the glitches and the hackers Expand
  49. Jul 10, 2013
    The singleplayer campaign is just a bit too over the top to be fully enjoyable and definitely belongs to the worse in the series. The multiplayer is of course fun, the maps are varied and well designed and the new killstreaks, perks and weapons are a major improvement over CoD4 (although its much less competitive now). However the multiplayer feels a bit unbalanced (Harrier strike, G18The singleplayer campaign is just a bit too over the top to be fully enjoyable and definitely belongs to the worse in the series. The multiplayer is of course fun, the maps are varied and well designed and the new killstreaks, perks and weapons are a major improvement over CoD4 (although its much less competitive now). However the multiplayer feels a bit unbalanced (Harrier strike, G18 akimbo, and that damage increasing perk in particular) which is odd considering the game is almost 4 years old now. Spec Ops missions are a nice distractions but are very repetitive and not exactly enjoyable. In my opinion, this is the worst that has ever come out of Infinity Ward (yes, including MW3) but for the price it bears today, its a recommended purchase people still play this a lot. Expand
  50. Jul 2, 2013
    Activision's Modern Warfare 2 sets the new standard for FPS multiplayer. Its looks great, sounds greats, and plays spectacularly. Reasonable balance and fascinating map design keep the multiplayer mode something players can come back to again and again and again to this day. Modern Warfare 2 also revolutionized killstreak design, just one of numerous gameplay mechanics it improved on fromActivision's Modern Warfare 2 sets the new standard for FPS multiplayer. Its looks great, sounds greats, and plays spectacularly. Reasonable balance and fascinating map design keep the multiplayer mode something players can come back to again and again and again to this day. Modern Warfare 2 also revolutionized killstreak design, just one of numerous gameplay mechanics it improved on from its predecessor.
    The campaign is, again, improved from Modern Warfare. It looks great, and some missions even attempt an open-world-esque aesthetic with large open environments that force you to traverse from building to building, defending objectives from enemies that attack from land and air. Again, the campaign has great visual and sound design, and gameplay is varied enough to keep the player entertained. Story is told fairly well, with the most intense climax of any military shooter to date.
    Special Ops, Infinity Ward's answer to the Zombie mode of Word at War, is a standard mission mode. It can only be played with 2 people, something that prevents it from being as silly and "rompy" as zombies. This mode is enjoyable, but nothing more,
  51. Jun 28, 2013
    This game has all the ingredients that a shooter-gamer wants. The single-player campaign is an experience which any gamer will enjoy, even though they're not fans of games like this. When campaign finish (and this will happen very soon) you can choose to play alone, with a friend or online the special ops and you will spent a lot of your time in this, I can promise. After this, however,This game has all the ingredients that a shooter-gamer wants. The single-player campaign is an experience which any gamer will enjoy, even though they're not fans of games like this. When campaign finish (and this will happen very soon) you can choose to play alone, with a friend or online the special ops and you will spent a lot of your time in this, I can promise. After this, however, the most interesting part of the game comes with a playing-time that overtake the one of campaign and special ops together and this is the multi-player. I hope that you can play online because this is the special reason that Call Of Duty is famous. Great graphics, sound and gameplay for you to enjoy and a beautiful way for new shooter gamers to love more games like this. Expand
  52. Jun 27, 2013
    The most important of aspect of a COD game is the gameplay. The gameplay in Modern Warfare 2 was a refinement of the original Modern Warfare's excellent system. The guns feel great, each varied and easy to customize. The shooting mechanics are spot on with no apparent issues.
    Admittedly, the story can be a little bland and the multiplayer can get annoying, however the best part of this game is neither of those. It's the Spec Ops mode. Spec Ops is awesome, plain and simple. I'd spend Saturday afternoons with my cousins just playing Breach and Clear over and over again, trying to lower our times. It's a blast.

It's a good game. However when compared to other FPS games, Modern Warfare 2 just doesn't stand out.
  53. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  54. Jun 12, 2013
    Admittedly very little has changed since the first Modern Warfare but at the time the Call of Duty formula still remained fresh. For me the heavily scripted campaign is not quite a match for the original but to this day I would argue that it contains the best selection of multiplayer maps of any game in the series. Add in an excellent selection of co-op missions and you have an excellentAdmittedly very little has changed since the first Modern Warfare but at the time the Call of Duty formula still remained fresh. For me the heavily scripted campaign is not quite a match for the original but to this day I would argue that it contains the best selection of multiplayer maps of any game in the series. Add in an excellent selection of co-op missions and you have an excellent overall package.

The series has come it for a lot of (somewhat justified) criticism but there is a reason it has become so popular.
  55. Jun 5, 2013
    The Singleplayer is unlogic and boring. Special Ops is only funny if you play with a good friend. And the Multiplayer is full of quickscoper, camper, noobtuber, rusher The extras like predators unbalance the multiplayer.
    The most overrated FPS I've ever seen!
    You can't told me that this "game" is a 10/10 game.
  56. Jun 2, 2013
    At first I hated this game with a passion. Like I literally only played it because my friends wouldn't shut up, but then I played the campaign. It was actually shocking on how decent it was. The multiplayer really irritated me at first, but then when I got the maps down and my load outs set, I was fine. I still play it occasionally. Not the best, but probably the 3rd best Call of Duty yet.At first I hated this game with a passion. Like I literally only played it because my friends wouldn't shut up, but then I played the campaign. It was actually shocking on how decent it was. The multiplayer really irritated me at first, but then when I got the maps down and my load outs set, I was fine. I still play it occasionally. Not the best, but probably the 3rd best Call of Duty yet. Thing that made me mad was that Ghost died, and I was forever upset. I was hoping to kill that betraying bastard Sheppard, and I was so pumped when I got to painfully take out that knife and throw it at the bastard. Throwing knife FTW! The more guns in multiplayer was a plus for me especially the ACR and the UMP45 love those two guns. The maps were good, some were iffy, but they weren't terrible. Good game as it is Expand
  57. May 30, 2013
    This game has to be the best new call of duty ever because do you remember all the new editing you could do with your class compared to WAW and Cod 4 this game is bomb the only problem with this game i would have to say is the famas, one man army danger close and maybe shotgun as a side arm but really in real life you could have a shotgun on your back so i think thats ok but mw2 has to beThis game has to be the best new call of duty ever because do you remember all the new editing you could do with your class compared to WAW and Cod 4 this game is bomb the only problem with this game i would have to say is the famas, one man army danger close and maybe shotgun as a side arm but really in real life you could have a shotgun on your back so i think thats ok but mw2 has to be the best COD ever escpecially the b2 airstrike i rembember getting on and holy it was awesome even if it doesn't kill anyone its still sick Expand
  58. May 29, 2013
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a fantastic campaign and added to it's replay value (without needing an internet connection) by adding Special Ops, or challenge missions that offer new levels of difficulty and entertainment. When it comes to the multiplayer it turns into a rocket fest as everyone uses grenade launchers and RPG's and blow your brains out your ass. I can't recommend thisCall of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a fantastic campaign and added to it's replay value (without needing an internet connection) by adding Special Ops, or challenge missions that offer new levels of difficulty and entertainment. When it comes to the multiplayer it turns into a rocket fest as everyone uses grenade launchers and RPG's and blow your brains out your ass. I can't recommend this game for its multiplayer, but I will recommend it for its very fun campaign and Spec Ops. Expand
  59. May 22, 2013
    This game is the best of all of the Call of Duty series. The campaign set the bar for all high-production value FPS games, and in my opinion is still yet to be surpassed. It has great set-piece moments, strong and likable characters that evolve over time, and scenes that stir up genuine emotions. On top of all that, it has the cleanest, most crisp and responsive multiplayer, with theThis game is the best of all of the Call of Duty series. The campaign set the bar for all high-production value FPS games, and in my opinion is still yet to be surpassed. It has great set-piece moments, strong and likable characters that evolve over time, and scenes that stir up genuine emotions. On top of all that, it has the cleanest, most crisp and responsive multiplayer, with the most straightforward and effective killstreak system in the series. The only thing that mars it from perfection is the ridiculously overpowered Danger Close perk, but that isn't as big of a problem with the community that is still playing the game. This one's in my top 10 games of all time (the only other COD in there is the original Modern Warfare). Expand
  60. May 7, 2013
    I consider myself a new gamer since I started playing video game not until 2010. this game is my first call of duty game, hell yeah, even my first online FPS game. So, as my first cod game I just love it unconditionally, I remembered how I wanted to improve my KDR and started to noobtubing for days, until I am pretty good at shooting...I like that phase, when I was a total noob and canI consider myself a new gamer since I started playing video game not until 2010. this game is my first call of duty game, hell yeah, even my first online FPS game. So, as my first cod game I just love it unconditionally, I remembered how I wanted to improve my KDR and started to noobtubing for days, until I am pretty good at shooting...I like that phase, when I was a total noob and can tolerant anything happened in this game since I have no idea how online game should like.... Anyway, I think the game is perfect new gamers, easy to start, fun to play. Expand
  61. Apr 28, 2013
    This was the first COD game I played.At first it was really fun,but then all the hackers and noobtubers have ruined the multiplayer.The campaign is the best in the COD series,the spec ops is great and the multiplayer used to be fun.
  62. Apr 26, 2013
    Ok yes I know there is one highly controversial mission but you can skip it if you want to so I'm not including it in my review
    Also yes I know you can call this game overrated but it it still a very solid game.
    So: call of duty MODERN WARFARE 2 or at least that's what my game-box says. Whilst the single player isn't quite as good as COD 4 it is still very well paced and intriguing with in my opinion the best Call of Duty villain in the whole series to be found in Vladimir Makarov. Also I like the way the ending of COD 4 causes severe problems for the protagonists in this game. Whilst the setpieces can get a little too IN YOUR FACE!!! it doesn't get as bad as later instalments. Also there are some great twists which I didn't see coming. This game also has a lot of commentary on wars and opposing philosophies as well as showing what effects the loss of soldiers can have of commanders. It's also a shame that the sequel really doesn't have much payoff for the ending of this game (But that's another review). However a couple of things don't really make sense in this game's campaign but I can suspend my disbelief.
    Finally multiplayer is really fun and balanced and Spec Ops adds an interesting couple of missions in.
    In conclusion whilst not reaching the perfection of COD 4 this game is still really good and definitely gets a recommendation.
  63. Mar 19, 2013
    I had fun while playing this game with friends, it is undoubtedly exciting and fun to play. I mean who doesn't want to get to the highest level to get the highest selection of guns and demolish your friends? However there were many many many many more downsides than upsides. The online multiplayer was full of prepubescent little boys claiming each one of them has f**ked my mom. They alsoI had fun while playing this game with friends, it is undoubtedly exciting and fun to play. I mean who doesn't want to get to the highest level to get the highest selection of guns and demolish your friends? However there were many many many many more downsides than upsides. The online multiplayer was full of prepubescent little boys claiming each one of them has f**ked my mom. They also threaten to hack your account and get you banned, because they all seem to be hacking geniuses...*sarcasm*. The campaign was not as bad as those little fecks but I can tell you it was close! You spend the whole campaign trying to chase after this makarov guy, and when you get close.... WOOPS INTERUPTING SHEPARD COMING BY! This guy comes out of nowhere and kills you! and why you may ask? oh yeah... so they can make another game! so in the end you throw a knife in this shepards eye, and you know what you achieve? nothing! the whole campaign was a complete setup for the next game! well done activision! Expand
  64. Mar 17, 2013
    Pretty decent game when it came out. Overall its still better than Mw3, Blops 1 and 2. I hate how comanys make something new and then make a Triplet called Mw3 with the same Engine and Graphic as Mw2 and we call it 2.5 not 3. I hate how they make this game Mw2, a awesome game and ruin it 2 years later.
  65. Mar 13, 2013
    MW2 is a great game! Campaign is actually really good, but not as good as BO. Spec ops is ok but isn't very fun. Multiplayer is awesome! Graphics are nice for the year it was made in. MW3 was better graphic wise but gameplay is 10x better in MW2. Really worth buying.
  66. Feb 21, 2013
    Time and time again i say that this is the definitive CoD game that set the standard for all the future Call of Duties. Excellent campaign, great multiplayer with a variety of maps, and a very fun and addictive Special Ops mode which if played by the right people, can create hours upon hours of gameplay to get all the stars. If you were to buy and play only one Call of Duty, make it ModernTime and time again i say that this is the definitive CoD game that set the standard for all the future Call of Duties. Excellent campaign, great multiplayer with a variety of maps, and a very fun and addictive Special Ops mode which if played by the right people, can create hours upon hours of gameplay to get all the stars. If you were to buy and play only one Call of Duty, make it Modern Warfare 2. Expand
  67. Feb 8, 2013
    CoD6 is abysmal in every way. The single player is garbage, like every other CoD. The multiplayer is unbelievably unbalanced as well as unfun. It's amazing that infinity ward botched this so thoroughly after making CoD4.
  68. Jan 24, 2013
    It's an alright game at best, the campaign is ridiculous and short, but has some nice locations. The guns are pretty cool maybe they could have included some more though. The multiplayer is very good, except its terrible: the multiplayer is ruined by grenade launchers, tactical knives, quickscopers and no system to boot players. Spec ops is tacked-on crap, recycled story objectives, thisIt's an alright game at best, the campaign is ridiculous and short, but has some nice locations. The guns are pretty cool maybe they could have included some more though. The multiplayer is very good, except its terrible: the multiplayer is ruined by grenade launchers, tactical knives, quickscopers and no system to boot players. Spec ops is tacked-on crap, recycled story objectives, this mode probably took them 30 minutes to finish. Overall don't buy it for the multiplayer (which most people do) its broken and players make it terrible the storyline is alright and spec ops is trash, only buy if you have some time and cash to waste. Expand
  69. Dec 28, 2012
    This was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and DangerThis was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and Danger Close. While the game can really make you rage like no other, this was still a highly addictive multiplayer that kept me engrossed and hooked into for more than a full year. Even though it signalled the downfall of CoD, it was still a great game in itself. Expand
  70. Dec 2, 2012
    The stupidest **** game ever. So many issues with it. You would think with all the money they were making they would have fixed these problems... seems like this game was created by a room full of monkeys.
  71. Nov 28, 2012
    This game wasnt that great you can run around the maps with knifes and ppl had superpowers and ppl camped for the nukes and there were plenty of glitches
  72. Nov 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 takes place 5 years after the events of Call of Duty 4. After a calm period the terrorist organisations in the middle east and Russia have a new leader by the name of Vladamir Makarov. Bent on avenging Imran Zakhaev, Makarov sets in motion a plan that will bring about WWIII and place the world in control of the ultranationalists. The game does little to change upon theModern Warfare 2 takes place 5 years after the events of Call of Duty 4. After a calm period the terrorist organisations in the middle east and Russia have a new leader by the name of Vladamir Makarov. Bent on avenging Imran Zakhaev, Makarov sets in motion a plan that will bring about WWIII and place the world in control of the ultranationalists. The game does little to change upon the well established Call of Duty gameplay and offers nothing new to the franchise as a whole, however the story narrative the campaign has gives this game a reason to still be bought. Expand
  73. Oct 29, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 shatters the old standard of excellence and has raised the bar for what it means to be an epic shooter. With a mind-shattering campaign, superb co-op play, and the deepest multiplayer experience on Live, Modern Warfare 2 is one of the greatest shooters in gaming history, and a must-own for fans of the genre.
  74. Oct 6, 2012
    *UPDATED REVIEW* Though it may be better than its predecessor (Modern Warfare) and provide more exciting and impressive action sequences. It is ruined by it's poor narrative stills and repetitive gameplay.
  75. Aug 18, 2012
    Man they just keep coming every year with new boring maps. Same freaking game, graphics, gameplay.. **** feels the same every year. They are just milking away the franchise, Modern Warfare was the best COD they have come up with.
  76. Aug 8, 2012
    I liked the single player, it carried on well from Call of duty 4, the multiplayer felt great at first, everyone was discovering perks and good map locations, and it definitely was a great game to play, but later on, people started using the overpowered 'Grenade launchers' as primary weapons and people found out the best guns, and how to beat anyone that uses anything else, not to mentionI liked the single player, it carried on well from Call of duty 4, the multiplayer felt great at first, everyone was discovering perks and good map locations, and it definitely was a great game to play, but later on, people started using the overpowered 'Grenade launchers' as primary weapons and people found out the best guns, and how to beat anyone that uses anything else, not to mention the people who hacked the game to get to max level prestige and whatnot. Even that being said, it gave a great adrenaline rush when playing solo, or with friends, was worth the purchase. Expand
  77. Jul 17, 2012
    One of the best games on Xbox. A breathtaking campaign and a stunning multiplayer. Great graphics with good sound. A brilliant game for Xbox gamers and CoD fans.
  78. Jun 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the successor to one of the best first person shooters out Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. But the question does Modern Warfare 2 live up to the Call of Duty franchise? Well you'll find out in this review.

-Single Player: The single player in Modern Warfare 2 is action-packed and a blast to play through and feels like a Michael Bay film. There are a variety of locations and each one of them looks fantastic, going from the favelas of Rio de Janeiro to the war torn streets of the United States. The story this time around happens several years after Call of Duty 4, and is about a Russian ultra nationalist named Vladimir Makarov who has sparked a Russian invasion into the United States, due to a massacre at a Russian airport., you being a undercover agent tried to stop him, but failed. The game itself does a poor job explaining the plot and is really focused on the action rather than the story, you'll also beat it in a heart beat.

-Multiplayer: The mutiplayer is the main highlight of Modern Warfare 2, and I strongly dislike it while it can be very addicting, the problem is there are too many game breaking problems for me to enjoy it, and I can create a laundry list of how many flaws it has but the number one thing that breaks it, is an s*** load of balance issues, from overpowered kill streaks to even game ending kill streaks that just break the action very often, dual wielding shot guns, explosive damage being too affective, places where players can sit all day and rack up kills, firing rates on weapons meaning that anyone can mod their controller to make their Barret 50. cal shoot like and M60, there are just soo many game breaking flaws that need to be fixed. There are also a handful of glitches in the mutilplayer that haven't been even patched years after release, the mutiplayer should've had a beta test period to iron out all of the flaws it has.

-Graphics: The graphics look decent, they definitely don't look as striking as World at War did, Ive seen better looking games than Modern Warfare 2, some places look awesome but there is just no enough to satisfy you due to the fact that in the multiplayer your always in small concealed areas. Besides that some textures look great on the surface while other look muddy, fortunately you see less of the poor textures.

-Sound: Hans Zimmer creates a striking sound track for the single player it's top notch and movie quality, and some of the best music I've heard in a video game. The weapons however just sound flat and sound like modified Call of Duty 4 weapons and the explosions are nothing special either they are ripped straight from Call of Duty 4 and are not changed.

-Extras: Modern Warfare 2 provides a fun spec-ops gamemode that you can play with a friend either split-screen or online, and all the missions have a good variety.

Overall Modern Warfare 2 falls flat on its main highlight, the multiplayer and is a real disappointment. In my opinion it's overrated and it's clear that the multiplayer is a rushed mess that should've been taken into consideration, it's a perfect example that sales don't make a excellent game. New comers may like it but for veterans of Call of Duty 4 and World at War will most likely not like the changes.
  79. cfh
    Jun 28, 2012
    I don't know why people are so down on this game. I mean, when the Call of Duty series first got popular when MW2 came out. I think it's a great game. Really good Campaign that was very suspenseful. The Spec Op Mission are great to, they have modified missions from the Campaign and other missions, too. Xbox Live is fun, with a variety of guns, maps, killstreaks, and modes. At the end ofI don't know why people are so down on this game. I mean, when the Call of Duty series first got popular when MW2 came out. I think it's a great game. Really good Campaign that was very suspenseful. The Spec Op Mission are great to, they have modified missions from the Campaign and other missions, too. Xbox Live is fun, with a variety of guns, maps, killstreaks, and modes. At the end of the Campaign they have a level called 'Museum' where there are a bunch of guns in glass cases and key levels from the campaign on display. If you push the button on the desk that says 'do not press' the figures will come alive and kill you. You can play co-op on Spec Ops and split screen where you kill the other person you are playing with. The co-op is not as good as Black Ops or MW3 but it is still fun. If you are thinking of buying MW3 and don't have MW2; buy MW2 first so you kind of know the storyline. I just think MW2 is a great game. Expand
  80. Jun 23, 2012
    From this game I can basically tell you how one makes a new Modern Warfare game: Simply take the previous game, bump up the graphics a little, add a few new guns, change the setting of the maps and tweak the storyline. and BAM, there you have it, a new, best selling game.
  81. Jun 4, 2012
    Wow, 131 Battlefield fan boys. The single player was pretty awesome. I great sequel to the first. Not as long as I wanted it, but it was very good and fun to play. They got rid of infinite spawning enemies. Spec Ops was pretty fun too. I had a blast playing with my friends, trying to beat the levels. Multiplayer, despite having many unbalancing things, was excellent. The gameplay and feelWow, 131 Battlefield fan boys. The single player was pretty awesome. I great sequel to the first. Not as long as I wanted it, but it was very good and fun to play. They got rid of infinite spawning enemies. Spec Ops was pretty fun too. I had a blast playing with my friends, trying to beat the levels. Multiplayer, despite having many unbalancing things, was excellent. The gameplay and feel of the controls were the best I've ever seen in a shooter. Pretty good graphics too. There are some pretty dumb perks that unbalance the game, as well as some killstreaks. A big problem is the stacking killstreaks. Thankfully they gave us a Barebones playlist, which strip killstreaks. Overall, this game was great, despite the annoying stuff. Expand
  82. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As the new Call of Duty is only a few months away; I have decided to do a review on one of the biggest games of 2009. Already the makers of the game have tried to make it into an epic game by having a excellent plot. The story begins at the end of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the Ultra-nationalists taking over Russia and making the villian of the first Modern Warfare game (Imran Zakhaev) a hero of Russia. The gamer starts of as Private First Class Allen who helps the Rangers kill some insurgents in Afghanistan were he later finds out that he will join an elite special force who are already on a mission behind enemy lines in Kazahkstan,. The problem I have with this is that he is only a private and that they should of given the role to a more suitable role. Also with the Russians already being in Kazahkstan (I'm guessing through invasion) that the other nations of the world (especially USA) would have declared war. Anyway back to the plot, instead of playing "Soap", the gamer now plays as "Roach" who is taken under the wing of "Soap". The gamer then switches back to play as Private Allen who is sent on an undercover mission to follow Makarov and learn what he is up to. Allen has to do this by helping Makarov slaughter the innocent on Russian land. However, Makarov somehow knew that Allen was not a Russian but an American so he shoots him there and then. This then leads to the Russians blaming the Americans for the deaths of hundreds and decides to go to war against the US. Going back to playing as "Roach", the special forces find out that Makarov was behind the attack so the team head to Brazil to find out more info on the whereabouts of Makarov. They do this by interrogating Makarov's weapon dealer who tells them that Makarov's worst enemy is being held captive in a Russian Gulag under the name of Prisoner 627. This then leads to the Americans and the special forces assaulting the Gulag to then find out that Prisoner 627 was in actual fact Captain Price. The special forces then go take on a Russian Naval Base and then Captain Price activates a nuclear warhead in a Russian Sub. During this time, the gamer becomes Private Ramirez who takes part in many spectacular battles in the game; such as the Battle for the White House in Washington D.C. At this point, the US Rangers who you play as are under heavy fire and looks like all is lost until the nuclear warhead that Captain Price fired blows up in space (killing an innocent Astronaut). "Roach" and "Ghost" then go to gather data on Makarov at his safe house which leads to there sad deaths at the hand of your ally Sheperd. The gamer then plays as Soap and tries to take down Sheperd with the help of Captain Price. The gamer finds out that Sheperd did this due to the amount of soldiers who died in the nuclear explosion in the 1st modern warfare game. At the end of the game, Sheperd is killed and the remainders of the special forces go on the hunt for Makarov. Positives The story was done very well Spec Ops was a different option for the gamers to play
    I like how it gives the gamer an option to play the Russian Massacre mission Negatives The online needs fixing as the good gamers will easily destroy the average or weaker gamers Rating Overall, I would have to give Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 the rating of 8 out of 10 -- Mr Hannigan
  83. May 27, 2012
    game is okay, nothing special, more of the same.
  84. May 14, 2012
    Just simple awesome the campaign is so so so so so good
  85. Apr 22, 2012
    Good game. very similar graphics to MW1 and same guns. Great maps though. Overall, a very mediocre performance by infinity ward. Buy with a lot of caution. For hardcore gamers, this may not be worth your money.
  86. Apr 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare 2 was honestly... Overrated... The campaign was fun, but if you use human logic, half of the things that they do to perform their job are impossible: such as waiting till an enemy isn't looking so you can shoot the other one standing three feet away from him. The only reason the campaign was any fun was the fact that I now know what happens after the first flunk in theModern Warfare 2 was honestly... Overrated... The campaign was fun, but if you use human logic, half of the things that they do to perform their job are impossible: such as waiting till an enemy isn't looking so you can shoot the other one standing three feet away from him. The only reason the campaign was any fun was the fact that I now know what happens after the first flunk in the Modern Warfare series. Spec Ops was a whole different issue... The producers apparently didn't know that two US Army Rangers cannot take down the whole Russian SWAT Force. (Me and friends laughed for days over their stupidity.) Most of the missions were overrated, but more than that: all of the missions were edited from the main story line and then put in like they were gonna be speechlessly better, a BIG fail on the producers part.

Another reason I got this game was for the multiplayer. I tried to have fun with it, but when you find out just how bad the anti-cheat system is for Xbox LIVE you will go nuts. A casual, everyday multiplayer match goes as the following: Spawn, sprint, aim, shoot, sprint, aim, shoot, sprint, sprint, knife, knife, throw a grenade through a random window, knife, and so on. Activision didn't focus on making the multiplayer combat realistic, it's too fast, too confusing, and overall just plain annoying. Quick-scoping, no-scoping, random "noob-tubes" were very annoying, and didn't keep the multiplayer action enjoyable for me.

Overall, I think Activision got themselves a hobby of making sloppy games, only suitable for retards who want to cuss each other out on Xbox live day in and day out. (Not to mention all of the **** who like it too. LOL)
  87. Apr 9, 2012
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is by far the worst Call of Duty ever made. The campaign is so bad and needs work and the story line is crap. The multiplayer is even worse than the campaign with campers, no scopers, quick scopers and people using cheats. Spec ops is easily innored and boring as hell. Campaign 3/10 Multiplayer 1/10 Spec ops 2/10 Mw2 2/10.
  88. Mar 31, 2012
    Great commerials and great marketing from Activision, and great anticipation for the greatness of Infinity Ward brought to us in cod4, but the greatness stops there. The game itself is poor for a call of duty. Its story is confusing and genereic. An invasion f America is unemotional and Shephard's betrayal is hard to understand. The game itself is like a Michael Bay film. Sure it looksGreat commerials and great marketing from Activision, and great anticipation for the greatness of Infinity Ward brought to us in cod4, but the greatness stops there. The game itself is poor for a call of duty. Its story is confusing and genereic. An invasion f America is unemotional and Shephard's betrayal is hard to understand. The game itself is like a Michael Bay film. Sure it looks good and has some exciting cinematic moments, but the story is told in a horrible way, and the characters are uninteresting. The multiplayer is a downgrade from 4 and waw. It puts in place two many over powerred kill streaks and makes the focus from getting kills to win the game to getting a chopper gunner ac130 or tacnuke. The secondary shotguns are completely unbalanced and the multiplayer grows more and more frustrating the more you play. One of the worst cods. A not so glorios end to infinity ward Expand
  89. Mar 18, 2012
    COD 4 was terrible, and this squeal is just as bad. Sure it looks nice, but beyond that, it is one of the worst game I have ever player. There is no part of this game that is fun. Total waste of money.
  90. Mar 17, 2012
    Oooooooooooooh this game.... Oh ho ho ho HO this game... Worst Call of Duty game ever made. Bar NONE. On the plus side, you get the very well done and very well executed Campaign, with some very intense Stealth Missions, and probably the most controversial mission in any game ever. And by God was it awesome. Also going for this is the climax of the final mission. I won't spoil it for theOooooooooooooh this game.... Oh ho ho ho HO this game... Worst Call of Duty game ever made. Bar NONE. On the plus side, you get the very well done and very well executed Campaign, with some very intense Stealth Missions, and probably the most controversial mission in any game ever. And by God was it awesome. Also going for this is the climax of the final mission. I won't spoil it for the seven people who haven't played it yet. Just go look it up or something. On the flip side... you get the annoyingly hard Spec Ops and the worst multiplayer experience I have ever had on a console. Let's start on the Spec Ops. There's nothing terribly wrong with this, but it's annoyingly hard, even on the easier missions. Having two people doesn't help either. So, it's not a very solid game mode. And then the multiplayer... god DAMN this game. It's has now set the bar so low for any online multiplayer experience after this that I can now find a game that is actually worse than MAG's online. And believe me, that was tough to find. Every aspect of the multiplayer was done HORRIBLY. The weapons are overpowered without stopping power, The maps are complete JOKES of themselves, and to top it all off in the proverbial **** of Call of Duty multiplayers, they capitalized on quickscoping even more. I'll say this right now, if you enjoy quickscoping, more power to ya. But quickscoping and trickshotting can die in a FIRE. I don't want to jump on a Search and Destroy match to see scrubs doing 360 YY temper fade shots off the crane on Highrise and **** themselves when they hit a lucky shot. And, I feel the need to harp on this even though so many people have before... NOOBTUBES. Noobtubing deserves all the hate that it gets, plain and simple. So, all in all, this game is a gigantic slap in the face to anyone and everyone who liked Call of Duty. While the campaign is very well done, the Spec Ops is lackluster, and the multiplayer is a devil spawn sent from hell. I do not recommend this game unless you are the most patient person in the entire world. Expand
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    One of the most dissapointing games of all time. An awful awful awful singleplayer with a stupid stupid ploat. (Seriously, Russia invades the US over a civilian terrorist attack, wat?). A hilariously unbalanced multiplayer that was incredibly frustrating. Bad DLC map packs. I'll admit Spec Ops was really fun, but that was such a small chunk of the game.
  92. Mar 1, 2012
    I absolutely love this game and i also love quick scoping. If you play PS3 or xbox add me on PS3 I am woodley423 and on xbox i am going to be also woodley423 some time in march 2012so see you when i get it. i will also post a comment saying that i have live.
  93. Feb 26, 2012
    The campaign was interesting yet unrealistic and sometimes incoherent. I liked the ideas it had, but its delivery of it was flawed. The online is great and highly enjoyable. Overall its a good game, but nothing to make it stand out other than the fact that it's highly addictive. Unremarkable, but fun.
  94. Feb 24, 2012
    The campaign and special ops were both passing decent, but the multi-player was a painfully large step back from the brilliance of the original Modern Warfare. The guns were poorly balanced, the spawning system was horribly flawed, and snipers can carry shotguns. Snipers. Can carry. Shotguns.
  95. Feb 23, 2012
    AWESOME game love everything that its about the story is great and the online like wow but it take long to lvl but its cool and i love quick scope and no scope when i was playing game but know Ive moved to BF3 its soooooo much better and funny and offers a lot more then any of the MW s
  96. Feb 17, 2012
    This is the best game I have ever played with a explosive single player and addictive multiplayer. You may hear that this game is all hype but there is a reason why it is so popular. After investing more time than I would like to mention into it and buying other shooters such as Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. I would still highly recommend this game.
  97. Feb 16, 2012
    this is where the series of call of duty starts to fall the campaign in this was fun but no where near as epic as call of duty 4 this also the time where the started adding unfair perks to the series because you can literally sit in a corner after you get a certain number killstreak and the game will kill things for you while you sit in the corner thinking you are good this game had badthis is where the series of call of duty starts to fall the campaign in this was fun but no where near as epic as call of duty 4 this also the time where the started adding unfair perks to the series because you can literally sit in a corner after you get a certain number killstreak and the game will kill things for you while you sit in the corner thinking you are good this game had bad maps the graphics feel worse then cod4 and the blood looks like red rain when it hits the screen (thats not a good thing) the spec ops mode is cool though they added in a mode where you have to go threw series of challenge levels but all in all this game is adequat at best Expand
  98. Jan 19, 2012
    This is mixed because The single player and spec ops were great but The Multiplayer was very very unbalanced. Grenade launchers aren't as real life grenade launchers, they are noobtubes and they are very overpowered.Theres this perk where you can knife very far and it's called commando and much more.
  99. Jan 6, 2012
    So fun with friends. Late night games back in '09. Those were the days. After Modern Warfare 3 came out, I really appreciated MW2 and even Black OPS and how much better they are than the new game. This deserves a 10 for sucking a lot of my hours .
  100. Jan 5, 2012
    i think this is the worst of the series first of all the campaign is way to short the multiplayer is decent but not great they good make it better by making it longer of a campaign

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer.