Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360

3.4

1. Nov 15, 2011
    mw3 this game is just a copy of mw2 , how many time do we have to play the same game over and over , same gunfights . This is just ridiculous that some people still play this game. There is a complete building which is copied from the last game ie mw2 . Enemies just respawn over , they didnt cared for their lives in call of duty 1 and they still dont care if they live or die , what amw3 this game is just a copy of mw2 , how many time do we have to play the same game over and over , same gunfights . This is just ridiculous that some people still play this game. There is a complete building which is copied from the last game ie mw2 . Enemies just respawn over , they didnt cared for their lives in call of duty 1 and they still dont care if they live or die , what a terrible AI . Dont waste ur money on this game , its not worth trying. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Single campaign is a bit absurd but quite good. This is also too short. But the rael dissapointment for me is multiplayer. This is like DLC for MW2. I prefer M0H 2010 or Homefront. I didn't recommend MW3. Sorry ...
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    How anybody would rate this above a 3 is beyond me. It's recycled crap. I work hard for my money, I'm not going to buy the same thing over and over. Reward **** and you'll just keep getting **** The quality of our products, including our entertainment, has always been in the hands of the consumer. Seriously, being an intelligent consumer that rewards quality rewards us all.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    This games graphics haven't changed in like forever! I was looking forward to this after black ops because that game had a steller story and it supported 3d (to this day the best 3d game I have). The textures in the game actually look worse than black ops, you can tell it was rushed (some of the textures even look playstation 2 like). THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS GAME IS THE GAME PLAY.This games graphics haven't changed in like forever! I was looking forward to this after black ops because that game had a steller story and it supported 3d (to this day the best 3d game I have). The textures in the game actually look worse than black ops, you can tell it was rushed (some of the textures even look playstation 2 like). THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS GAME IS THE GAME PLAY. Its still fun even though you'll get bored with it fast because you get that djevue feling like you played this before. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Shocking game!
    A simple MW2 ripoff, pathetic attempt at an FPS which hasn't been innovated on since CoD2!
    Absolutely nothing new here, I really do hope this is the LAST Call of Duty game they make!
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    Same **** different day. I remember playing modern warfare for the first time in 2007 and being instantly hooked. 4 years on and all I am left with is a feeling of major disappointment and wanting a whole lot more from the series. Sure there is some awe inspiring visuals in this game but the whole process from start to finish is completely scripted where even though your in the game youSame **** different day. I remember playing modern warfare for the first time in 2007 and being instantly hooked. 4 years on and all I am left with is a feeling of major disappointment and wanting a whole lot more from the series. Sure there is some awe inspiring visuals in this game but the whole process from start to finish is completely scripted where even though your in the game you never feel like your doing anything, kinda like sitting in the passenger seat of your car while someone else drives it. This game is like some major deja vu mind **** to any one that's already played mw1/mw2. Mission by mission is just a replay of the original mw and although it was great then with a new game you expect something new or it quickly becomes tedious as is the case with mw3. In short i feel the developers of this game took the original layout of the game made a few slight changes and then relied on mw reputation to sell this game rather then risking doing anything innovate or ground breaking. I wont get started on the multi-player or the elite superscription as that is a bigger let down then the campaign I just really, really hope they pull something out of the bag for mw4 or just don't bother at all. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    this call of duty feels no different from the others. The graphics are no better than mw2 and the online play is nothing special. Of course they have a couple new guns and perks but over all its pretty much the same. Its almost like paying 60 bucks for a new multiplayer map pack for mw2. But there is one this about this game that i do find exceptionally fun and new which is the gamethis call of duty feels no different from the others. The graphics are no better than mw2 and the online play is nothing special. Of course they have a couple new guns and perks but over all its pretty much the same. Its almost like paying 60 bucks for a new multiplayer map pack for mw2. But there is one this about this game that i do find exceptionally fun and new which is the game survival mode. Again its nothing to blow the roof off with but it is challenging and is fun. but its one of those things after you play for a while youll get bored of it. so i wouldn't waster your money on buying this game. Just stick with black ops your not missing anything. Expand
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    The lag compensation is still a joke (there are documented ways of fudging it) and it doesn't feel like a new game worth $60. It's much more like a $30 upgrade/regrade of black ops. The single player was ok if you enjoy Quicktime events in your first person shooter. I can't speak for the spec ops part although I hear they're quite good, but lets face it people buy it for the multiplayer.The lag compensation is still a joke (there are documented ways of fudging it) and it doesn't feel like a new game worth $60. It's much more like a $30 upgrade/regrade of black ops. The single player was ok if you enjoy Quicktime events in your first person shooter. I can't speak for the spec ops part although I hear they're quite good, but lets face it people buy it for the multiplayer. The multiplayer is the reason I won't be adding this to my games library. Rent it if you want to play the single player, you can finish it in one long day. Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Huge COD fan since 1. This game is nothing but an expansion pack. They are milking the series to no end and is not worth the price tag it comes with. The series has gone downhill since World at War.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    i canot begin to explain the disapointed i felt when i finally came home just after 12 am took my black ops disc out of the tray and pop in mw3 the exitement was overwhelming and i could not stop smiling like the fool i am for buying this game i enjoyd black ops so much and think its the best cod to date this game called mw3 is terible and i know its been said before but its literally isi canot begin to explain the disapointed i felt when i finally came home just after 12 am took my black ops disc out of the tray and pop in mw3 the exitement was overwhelming and i could not stop smiling like the fool i am for buying this game i enjoyd black ops so much and think its the best cod to date this game called mw3 is terible and i know its been said before but its literally is just an expansion pack that could have released for mw2 there was no need for this game to be a new release i wil continue to play my black ops until they patch all the damn exploits,boosters,cheaters and damn hit detection lol same rehashed maps and a few new games not to mention the god damn graphics which is terrible even though im playing in 1080p and the lack of coulors omg cannot believe this has happened Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    How did this Game pass any sort of Quality control standard! infinity ward have used the whole online gaming community (especially the young) to promote and sell this unfinished rehash! Building graphics are the same as mw2, graphics are dated.respawning an instantly dying multiple times is a joke,the detection is dire .. the maps are tiny ,gameplay is unrealistic. this company earned 1How did this Game pass any sort of Quality control standard! infinity ward have used the whole online gaming community (especially the young) to promote and sell this unfinished rehash! Building graphics are the same as mw2, graphics are dated.respawning an instantly dying multiple times is a joke,the detection is dire .. the maps are tiny ,gameplay is unrealistic. this company earned 1 BILLION DOLLARS from us last time .. WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE MONEY?? Black ops is far superior in every which way, those who disagree are still caught up in the hype!
    Question for MW3 fanboys "would you still be playing it if it didnt have COD MW3 on the box"
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Disappointing single player campaign, how did IW think this was going to close off a great series is beyond comprehension, the multi-player is fun but feels exactly like MW2- actually I take that back MW2 rules over this rubbish. what a waste of money...I'm trading it in for BF3
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Call of Duty has become to Activision like Madden is to EA. I stopped supporting Madden last year because of lack of innovation, effort, and originality. This year after the disappointing show from MW3 it is clear CoD is heading the way of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, and I simply won't ride a dying franchise to its grave. Nothing innovative in this game at all, everything looks and feelsCall of Duty has become to Activision like Madden is to EA. I stopped supporting Madden last year because of lack of innovation, effort, and originality. This year after the disappointing show from MW3 it is clear CoD is heading the way of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, and I simply won't ride a dying franchise to its grave. Nothing innovative in this game at all, everything looks and feels like MW2. Worse yet, the maps in multiplayer are so small and cramped you are always getting spawned either behind someone or in front of someone. Black Ops was by far a much more entertaining game, I prestiged 10 times in black ops but I won't even get leveled enough to prestige once in this game for the simple fact that this is a rinse and repeat of a previous game.

Everything in the game LOOKS like MW2/MW1 from the maps, to the guns, the holo/red dot sights down to the menus used in the game. It all looks and feels so very familiar I feel like I paid $60 for a trip I have already taken before and I wasn't anticipating this at all.

Moving on to Elite, the new paid subscription for access to competition and early access to maps is a complete gimmick by Activision. The competition side of things mostly only yields "badges" and other nonsensical BS that is suppose to make re-playing this wash and repeat game bearable but fails at it miserably. Now what is suppose to be the selling point of the whole thing is early access to maps and having them "included" with your subscription. Now that sounds like a wonderful deal, but numbers don't lie. With each release of a map pack of CoD fewer of them are sold than the previous. This is simply Activisions way of getting their money for all of the map packs (some of which you may never play) up front before they are released, which will make quarterly statements look better to investors. So, if you buy CoD and subscribe to a years worth of Elite, Activision has made their money and even if you decide after 3 months the game is boring and you don't want to play it anymore you just lost all the "value" of your subscription and Activision walks away with money for a product that you will never use.

I have recommended to many of my friends who are on the fence about this game to rent before committing to buying because it is absolute trash and needs to be looked at with a very critical eye by anyone remotely interested in it.
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, despite the moniker "modern," manages to be archaic. If you are a fan of Call of Duty 4, then you will be delighted to find the some of the same building models in multiplayer. On the plus side, you can expect a future installment next year if you miss out on Modern Warfare 3. Joining the annual release of Madden, Call of Duty has become a yearly event. We can only hopeModern Warfare 3, despite the moniker "modern," manages to be archaic. If you are a fan of Call of Duty 4, then you will be delighted to find the some of the same building models in multiplayer. On the plus side, you can expect a future installment next year if you miss out on Modern Warfare 3. Joining the annual release of Madden, Call of Duty has become a yearly event. We can only hope for Call of Duty: Grenada in 2012. Expand
  15. Nov 17, 2011
    Gamers main objective in moving to new game is always better experience, its not only in weapons or in graphics but also goes into the tactics, environment control, machines, etc.. MWF3 lacks for all that upgrade, if its anything, its just a very expensive patch or upgrade to MWF2.

The only and great advantage of this game is mainly the server connection, so far its awesome comparing to CoD4, MWF2 & definitely its better than the crappy BlackOps servers, who lags & crash more than they work.

I know that the developers will be saying "its only an adaptation phase and everyone will like the game later on" i agree with them, we will adapt as we already a loyal clients for your games, however you should ask yourself do you want to end up like Batterfield ? if yes then say that and you will become another BF extension...
  16. Nov 17, 2011
    Gave it a 1 for the decent campaign and spec ops. Multiplayer is garbage and I see so many people blaming the publisher Activision which is dead wrong. Infinity Ward is to blame for this and I will never purchase another IW game. Spawns, maps, perks, killstreaks are just terrible, this crap was rushed out to line their pockets with cash. They don't care if it's good or not just as long asGave it a 1 for the decent campaign and spec ops. Multiplayer is garbage and I see so many people blaming the publisher Activision which is dead wrong. Infinity Ward is to blame for this and I will never purchase another IW game. Spawns, maps, perks, killstreaks are just terrible, this crap was rushed out to line their pockets with cash. They don't care if it's good or not just as long as they get that money. I'm gonna take a dump in the case and send it back to them because that is what i paid 60 bucks for. Expand
  17. Nov 17, 2011
    yikes. thank god I didn't end up spending any money on this. It was immediately obvious when I started a match at a friends what a horrible remake of MW2 this was. BF3 was a great investment.
  18. Nov 18, 2011
    Why are you going to pay for a game that is exactly the same as its predecesor? FAT CULO AMADEO plays this game. (gamertag - THE OCTOPUS 88). He is the freakiest guy you'll meet and has the biggest ass this planet will ever know about.
    Amadeo CULOCTOPUS, a.k.a. CULOofDuty, CuloField, FatCulo, the Culisher, LordCuler, Culo of the ring, Culo's creed, Gears of Fulo.
    FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO,
    FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO, FULO!!!
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    This. Game. Sucks. Balls. I especially love the fact that they re-used buildings and payed for good critic reviews. Seriously, if you're gonna even try to make a good game, make it original.
  20. Nov 19, 2011
    Hell of alot shorter 3 acts instead of usual 5. Much easier and no challenge even on Veteran. Maps aren't great on multi-player either. Not as much freedom as there was on earlier games. Buy Black Ops for yourself instead.
  21. Nov 19, 2011
    Pure, dire, absolute without a doubt no messing about, pure to the core, total and utter Sh!t . Full stop, Dont buy it !!!!!!! Get Battlefield 3 instead i took MW3 to Entertainement exchange and got about 90% of my money back and got BF3, i would if i was you :)
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    I am not big on multipalyer I'll admit that but for 60 dollars I expect more from the single player than this crap. Both other modern warfare games have better single players and black ops is even better and yes every call of duty ever released has a better single player so the how about graphics? Black ops last years call of duty has much better graphics I think this one is just on parI am not big on multipalyer I'll admit that but for 60 dollars I expect more from the single player than this crap. Both other modern warfare games have better single players and black ops is even better and yes every call of duty ever released has a better single player so the how about graphics? Black ops last years call of duty has much better graphics I think this one is just on par with mw2 so pretty dated for this one. So activision why is this not just dlc instead of a new game? Controls are fine but I gave this a 3 because it is not worth the money period. How about next activison insted of putting one out every year you give us a great release in two. People unless you are a die hard call of duty fan SKIP THIS TITLE there are better games out there to spend your money on. Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is pretty much the same game as MW2, and quite similar to MW1. The graphics are similar to MW2, the gameplay is essentially unchanged, and there's nothing else to speak of that is different. That doesn't mean the game is unplayable. To the contrary, its a smooth FPS, but entirely mechanistic: you might as well be shooting pop-up targets in between cutscenes. The graphicsModern Warfare 3 is pretty much the same game as MW2, and quite similar to MW1. The graphics are similar to MW2, the gameplay is essentially unchanged, and there's nothing else to speak of that is different. That doesn't mean the game is unplayable. To the contrary, its a smooth FPS, but entirely mechanistic: you might as well be shooting pop-up targets in between cutscenes. The graphics are pretty bad. I don't know why its so hard to simply produce high quality textures and graphic components and then downscale for the obsolete consoles, but it seems that this game takes the opposite approach: which is why a graphics card that you could buy for $50 four years ago (the Nvidia 8600) is still the required card. Despite what the "recommended" stats might suggest, there's no more eye candy for those with a better system- just higher framerates for those who see 60 frames per second and up. This wouldn't be such an issue if the gameplay or story was involving, but its not. Overall, a mediocre if competent clone.â Expand
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm disappointed with "professional" reviews of Call of Duty, they all seem to praise it as though it it actually contained an original thought or idea in the entire game. I really think that critics have been too soft on this game just because it's polished. I can appreciate a game that is solid and reliable, but that doesn't make it good or fun. (Remember, fun, the thing people used toI'm disappointed with "professional" reviews of Call of Duty, they all seem to praise it as though it it actually contained an original thought or idea in the entire game. I really think that critics have been too soft on this game just because it's polished. I can appreciate a game that is solid and reliable, but that doesn't make it good or fun. (Remember, fun, the thing people used to play games for, not just paying 60$ just to grind for prestige on a different set of maps.) To sum up my thoughts, Call of Duty represents everything I despise about gaming. Expand
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    Lets start off by complaining about hardcore search and destroy. Game starts and a 10 year old shoots a rpg at his own team killing them all. Does it kick this player. No!! What ever happened to ricochet in search. The maps are so small your running into the other team within 5 seconds. Deathmatch respawns are horrible. You must die at least 5 times a game from getting spawn killed.Lets start off by complaining about hardcore search and destroy. Game starts and a 10 year old shoots a rpg at his own team killing them all. Does it kick this player. No!! What ever happened to ricochet in search. The maps are so small your running into the other team within 5 seconds. Deathmatch respawns are horrible. You must die at least 5 times a game from getting spawn killed. How many times a day do you catch yourself saying "There's NO WAY i shot him first". But all of this complaining is worthless. It will never change when they are selling all of these copies. Expect to see the same ole **** next year from this game. Expand
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    Utter **** Feels like an arcade game from the 80s. No tactics. No strategy. No intelligent gameplay whatsoever. Feels like its been designed for 5 year olds. What an enormous disappointment to months of waiting.
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    I highly agree with all of the negative reviews. I have just played multiplayer. I have logged around 22 hours and have a K/D of 1.25. I am going out on the limb and saying this game is worse than MW2. Why? There's no improvement in game mechanics, weapons, graphics( which i feel are actually worse than MW2), the hit detection does not seem as smooth. Everything just feels like it's a stepI highly agree with all of the negative reviews. I have just played multiplayer. I have logged around 22 hours and have a K/D of 1.25. I am going out on the limb and saying this game is worse than MW2. Why? There's no improvement in game mechanics, weapons, graphics( which i feel are actually worse than MW2), the hit detection does not seem as smooth. Everything just feels like it's a step back. My biggest gripe is the map layouts. Most maps are way too small to get any time of rhythm/momentum. It reminds me of playing Rust nonstop. It's a joke. I would definitely hold off on buying this game and lean towards exploring BF3 or just continue playing MW2. I'm not happy about wasting 60 dollars on a downgraded game! Expand
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    Please make something that will make me have butterflies when I am waiting for another game release. Till then this game was not worth a penny. You lack originality and new content to keep me spending 60$ every year.
  29. Nov 23, 2011
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, sequels were new and fun to play. Now, however, it just means a "new" story, but nothing else. If you want to play MW3 but dont feel like spending 50-65 dollars, go to Gamestop and pick up a copy of CoD4, because you'll end up with the same results: bad, bad, bad. CoD4, MW, WaW, and BO are all tired, un-innovative games that after 20 minutes makeA long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, sequels were new and fun to play. Now, however, it just means a "new" story, but nothing else. If you want to play MW3 but dont feel like spending 50-65 dollars, go to Gamestop and pick up a copy of CoD4, because you'll end up with the same results: bad, bad, bad. CoD4, MW, WaW, and BO are all tired, un-innovative games that after 20 minutes make me want to pull my hair out. What I'm trying to say is, dont buy this game or else youre just wasting your money. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2011
    I can't play this game because Activision have allowed a broken product to leave the developers studios. We are just three weeks post-release and already we have had 4 update patches - this means that the programming was not correct when it started to ship, i.e - an unfinished game, rushed to get it out in time for Christmas cash-in.

The problem is that you must play with people from your

The problem is that you must play with people from your own country, but for smaller countries and States, nobody is online at all sometimes so you cannot play this game. I bought XBox Live to play people from around the world, not just my area code. There is no option to choose otherwise, so your chances on playing this game depends on whether or not someone else in your area code is online also which is a pain in the backside after 11pm to say the least as if it wasn't difficult already for smaller populated area's.
    For example, Europe is divided into individual countries instead of the E.U - all this makes matchmaking a total frustration. It's just definitely unplayable. Then we have the lag - the bouncing and jumping all over the place, the hitmarkers, the bullets that can turn corners, pointstreaks are overpowered (once a chopper is called in, you can't hide from it and SAM turrets take an age to take it down). There are glitches everywhere and the maps are not as good as previous installments yet, the talk about bringing them back such as Terminal, Favela, Crash, Shipment into MW3 doesn't make much sense to me because we've been asked to pay $100 for a NEW GAME, why bring back all the OLDER MAPS? Is this an acceptance that MW3 is not good enough? Or is it simply laziness on the developers part not to be creating new maps? It doesn't make any sense....

However, even if all these bugs were fixed tomorrow by IW, Sledgehammer and Raven - the main problem with the Call of Duty franchise is the type of players it tends to attract. The community are not focused on winning the game as a team, and tend to ignore their bomb that has been detonated, their flag that has been captured or even to capture the dog tags in Kill Confirmed (which is the whole point of that gametype), it honestly bewilders the mind with a complete lack of any kind of recognition regarding the team mates and the objective. Ultimately, it is the mainstream light that COD has moved into during these past number of years that is ultimately killing the series altogether. The franchise has gone so mainstream now that the developers are no longer producing a game they aimed for back in 2007 with the release of MW1. I don't know who their target demographic are anymore, but it sure as hell is not the same people that purchased the original Call of Duty back in 2003. I gave this game a rating of 2 because i did enjoy the campaign, albeit a very short over-the-top cheesy and korny HollyWood style at times. If you have COD: MW2 - stick with that.

I hope this helped.
  31. Nov 24, 2011
    What video game come down to is fun. I didn't have any fun with this game, the lack of innovation, graphics, and pretty much everything else not changing at all. This series is raking in billions , yet they refuse to update the graphics engine or do anything original. There is so much lag and so many host migrations that it makes me want to kill my self. The MOAB is just as game breakingWhat video game come down to is fun. I didn't have any fun with this game, the lack of innovation, graphics, and pretty much everything else not changing at all. This series is raking in billions , yet they refuse to update the graphics engine or do anything original. There is so much lag and so many host migrations that it makes me want to kill my self. The MOAB is just as game breaking as the nuke was in MW2. This claimed to be the FPS of the year, yet it fails to deliver on so many things that I've already traded it in. This game offers as much fun as watching grass grow while large piles of feces. Expand
  32. Nov 26, 2011
    Every year, my anticipation of the new COD title being released keeps getting smaller and smaller. MW2 was a great game and I put hours and hours into it. Black Ops was so so, but it was a little different. This game, although it is pretty much a rehash of MW2, would be pretty fun except for a few things. The clan tag mods are way out of hand and should have been crushed a long timeEvery year, my anticipation of the new COD title being released keeps getting smaller and smaller. MW2 was a great game and I put hours and hours into it. Black Ops was so so, but it was a little different. This game, although it is pretty much a rehash of MW2, would be pretty fun except for a few things. The clan tag mods are way out of hand and should have been crushed a long time ago. I would rather see the often offensive player cards of BlackOps than this. There seems to be several other ways of cheating which I have seen videos of (i.e. 10th prestige on the second day after release). I can sort of deal with this things because they don't appear to be in every game. What I can't deal with is the lag compensation that this game uses. To be hit by one bullet and die, only to see you were showered in bullets on the kill cam is silly. Being behind cover on your screen and getting killed, only to see you hadn't made it to cover yet is ridiculous. BlackOps had this in it as well, but it was not so invasive. It was a little frustrating. In MW3, it seems to be running at full blast making for an incredibly frustrating game. Hopefully the founders of IW that Activision screwed over can be a new and exciting and well developed franchise with Respawn Entertainment. We can only cross our fingers and see! Expand
  33. Nov 27, 2011
    Although I have tried CoD games in the past, this was the first one I was looking forward to playing. Since I didn't play MW2, my low rating isn't based on other players' complaints about rehashed content. My complaint is that the game is simply frustratingly unplayable in Multiplayer.

There seems to be no real reason why what happens on my screen, and what I see in people's kill cams are so different. Many times, I will spot a soldier first, put over half of my clip into him, then he will turn around and kill me. Then, when I watch his kill cam, it shows him firing on my before I have even turned to aim at him.

That is horribly unacceptable in a game that's been using the same engine for awhile now. This game should be water tight, but it is not. It is frustrating and I'm enraged that I wasted 60 USD on this.
  34. Nov 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game comes down to one word "garbage." I think Infinity Ward should give it time and launch games really well done. trying to share space with other companies in game releases and thus end up losing "too much" quality in these games, the main gameplay. Unfortunately I bought this game before knowing how it is, next time do not lose more time and money with a game of this size. Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is basically MW2 with some very minor changes. I only had to play this game twice online before I became bored of it. I'm very disappointed about the lack of innovation and wish I hadn't spent the money on the game. I'm rating it a zero because there was really nothing new/improved from the other Modern Warfare games. I cannot recommend this game to anyone who played theThis game is basically MW2 with some very minor changes. I only had to play this game twice online before I became bored of it. I'm very disappointed about the lack of innovation and wish I hadn't spent the money on the game. I'm rating it a zero because there was really nothing new/improved from the other Modern Warfare games. I cannot recommend this game to anyone who played the previous games, save your money and just play MW or MW2 Expand
  36. Dec 1, 2011
    I had to create a new account just to rate this game a 0 - i LOVED MW2 for its innovation, crisp gameplay - but MW3 is a COPY AND PASTE JOB. Its a DLC at best, at worst its a scam.

EA and Bobby Kotick should be ashamed and embarssed. Going to sell this game as soon as I can. Actually a big **** YOU to Bobby Kotick for killing Infinity Ward.
  37. Dec 1, 2011
    This game is uber trash. I'm glad critics gave this a 9.0 right off the bat and couldn't have hardly even played it. Critics want to knock other games for repeating the same recipe over and over, yet it's a unbelievably magnificent 10+ when CoD does it. I've lost hope in humanity.
  38. Dec 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't read into all the "Everyone who gives this game a zero is trolling!" crap. I only gave it a four because it still holds some semblance of a game. I've played Call of Duty since CoD 2 on the PC, and I have to say in comparison, MW3 has become Modern Warfail 2.5. The campaign is lackluster, the MP is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't feel anything when Price killed Makarov. And I was having more fun playing Cut the Rope on my phone than calling in boring and ridiculous kill streaks for the upteenth time. Expand
  39. Dec 2, 2011
    Didn't even know I was playing MW3 until 3 hours in. This is the absolute worst game I have played this console generation, as it should be judged on what is new. Nothing.
  40. Dec 3, 2011
    Too many critics praise this game when honestly it feels like a DLC. Graphics and gameplay are the same. Just some new maps and a few new guns. Tweaked the killstreaks which was a plus and the campaign was good, but everything else feels like a $60 DLC.
  41. Dec 8, 2011
    I have to say it is disappointing not only that this game really has no real innovation whatsoever from the previous MW2, but how much it steals from every other shooter out there. And what is up with this silly Elite thing. Man other shooters offer this for free. Talk about milking the cash cow. The game itself is not terrible, but the bad spawn system, bad maps, over powered weapons,I have to say it is disappointing not only that this game really has no real innovation whatsoever from the previous MW2, but how much it steals from every other shooter out there. And what is up with this silly Elite thing. Man other shooters offer this for free. Talk about milking the cash cow. The game itself is not terrible, but the bad spawn system, bad maps, over powered weapons, and lag don't present a good case for it. The game doesn't deserve a 0, but I'm giving it a 0 for a number of different reasons. 1) The franchise deserves better and trying to pass this off on the loyal fans just to dupe them out of their money is sad. 2) The fact that Glen Schofield tweeted to the fans to come on here and give it a 10 to counter balance the bad reviews is really sad. 3)The fact that it broke sales records not for it's quality, but on name alone is the saddest thing of all. The 0 is not for the game, it's for the lack of integrity both Activision and Infinity Ward possess. Pulling this kind of crap will kill the video game industry again, just like E.T. did in the early 80's. Charge people for hype induced crap. Expand
  42. Dec 12, 2011
    Awful, hardly different to the previous call of duty and the one before that, this is what is wrong with the industry, they just churn out the same rubbish game with very little difference and the public just eat it up and it sells, nobody wants to take risks anymore. It warms my heart to see this game get thrown down in the reviews.
  43. Dec 12, 2011
    First off, I am not a Battlefield fanboy, I don't own any BF's so take that out of the equation. I love Halo, I love COD. My main gripe about MW3 is the multiplayer. Seriously. WaW & Black ops are my favourite COD's because of the great map design, balanced weaponry (for the most part), intricate perk variants and customisation. Only Treyarch seemed to get it right.

MW2 was great, I admit

MW2 was great, I admit I spent weeks on the multiplayer. Good choice of weapons, fun maps, no camper/runner and gunner bias. But look out... Here comes MW3, the next installation to the MW franchise crapped out by the joint works of IW/SG. Of course the hype is going to be skyrocketing. People are going to buy it no matter what. The devs are just jerkin' off now.

What happened here? Where did the simplicity yet fun aspect of the previous COD's go? Overclustered menus, ridiculously small maps with way too many invisible barriers that don't even make sense, still havent fixed the broken perspective problem thats been in every single COD, pasted graphics and the list goes on. This isnt MW3. This is a MW2 DLC. Do yourself a favour and do not buy this game. I'm fed up with it.
  44. Dec 13, 2011
    Like many others, I was excited to get this game to play the online multiplayer. COD4 MW was the sole reason I got into FPS games for xbox 360. For the most part, the CoD series (minus World@War), is the main reason I renew my XBL subscription every year. Sure I played the MW3 campaign, which was ridiculously short, but it was still a semi good campaign. I like how they tied certain eventsLike many others, I was excited to get this game to play the online multiplayer. COD4 MW was the sole reason I got into FPS games for xbox 360. For the most part, the CoD series (minus World@War), is the main reason I renew my XBL subscription every year. Sure I played the MW3 campaign, which was ridiculously short, but it was still a semi good campaign. I like how they tied certain events from MW and MW2 into this one. But the main reason I got this game was for the online matchmaking. The very first night / morning (That tuesday around 01:00 Eastern time), I hopped online and stated playing. Something didn't feel quite right. I thought to myself that it was just because I had been playing Black Ops for so long, I had to just get used to it and give it a shot.

Well, as far as online play goes, I have invested 44+ hours of actual game time into this thing called a game and I can say I am very disappointed. I will list the reasons why:

*Maps are just a big cluster **c* with no real structure to them.
    *The audio seemed to take a huge step back from MW2.
    *Graphics are the same as MW2.
    *Not having an in game "combat record" like BlackOps did.(that was so nice)
    *Some obviously overpowered guns
    *Heartbeat sensor!.....really? picking up a heartbeat over explosions and gunfire...okay.

AND THE BIG ONE
    *"lag compensation". ------I too am infected with this disease called lag compensation. When hard wired, I see around 63-65Mb/D---9-15Mb/U. There have been so many instances in which I shoot right at a guy, just to die from him and watch the killcam to see no bullets come out from my gun. Hell; sometimes I do not even turn and look at the enemy. I have adjusted port settings, DMZ, QOS, and even running a wireless connection in attempts to fix this on my end to no avail. Running wireless seemed to help a bit, but it was still terrible.

Besides World at War, I have never played a CoD (and a modern warfare at that) game and rage quit as many times as this game. And this all revolves around this "lag compensation". I didn't like World at War online enough to rage quit. Just clearing that up.

Now when I go to my girlfriends house and play on her xbox and ISP (around 7Mb/D---1Mb/U), I run around on what appears to be god mode on speed. On my girlfriends XBOX, I never get killed in those WTF moments where I fire 2 shots from the MK14(2 shots will normally kill when shot in chest) at a guy who is 90 degrees perpendicular to me and completely static just to die from him and see I did not even fire the gun. Several people I know have the same issue.

)(((((()))))The game did have some things I liked, though none of them are the gameplay directly.
    *Not having to do stupid things for Pro Perks like BlackOps did
    *Killstreak tier system-and the new killstreaks.
    *Matchmaking itself. Seems to find lobbies much easier than MW2 did.
    ---Thats about it actually.lol

:::::I loved almost everything about MW2 minus the small matchmaking issues ( losing people in parties esp.) But as far as the gaming itself, I LOVED IT. I only played hardcore and I remember the times I could boot up MW2 and actually have fun whether I was playing solo, with a party, sniping, camping, run-and-gunning. For the most part, I liked all the maps unlike MW3 where I think the is 2 maps I like. In my opinion, they took something decent(MW2), created crap maps and horrible audio, and released this MW2 expansion patch dubbed Modern Warfare3.

I wonder so often how this would have turned out if Sledgehammer had not taken over(Yes I know 'Infinity Ward' still contributed), but this game does not have the Infinity Ward vibe I have become so used to.

Unfortunately, I am still going to play this game only because everyone I know IRL plays it. But unless they fix this "LAG COMPENSATION", I will be trading this game in for Skyrim and I will never buy a CoD game from these guys again. I guess I will convert to Treyarch.

So, just fix that and release a map pack with most of the maps from MW1&2. Because the layout of the maps you have created and most likely the ones coming out in the DLC suck and/or will suck.

I pay too much for a good/high bandwidth ISP, just for you to penalize me and reward those with 56K converter modems. Because that is basically what you have done. The idea sounds good, but does not work at all in pratice.
  45. Dec 13, 2011
    I picked up MW3 at midnight the day it came out, expecting something new and innovative. I was looking forward to the new Special Ops Survival Mode and a more rehashed multiplayer experience. The month of play that ensued was a colossal letdown.

First off, the campaign. Despite being an average joe when it comes to beating campaigns, I was able to effortlessly roll through veteran campaign within a matter of hours. Does the challenge even start? Also, the campaign overall just looks like a recycled version of MW2 campaign.

Secondly, Spec Ops. Survival Mode is fun and challenging at times, but it does get boring after a while and doesn't even come close to the excitement and challenge of Nazi Zombies. Mission Mode is basically MW2 Spec Ops Part II. I do like the ranking system; however, after you hit 50 you become bored with Spec Ops mode extremely quickly, as there basically is nothing left to do.

Finally, the part we've all been waiting for, multiplayer. Let's just say that multiplayer is a copy-and-paste of MW2 multiplayer, except with next to no new features added and a bunchload more problems. The only real things I like about the prestige shop are the opportunity for double xp whenever you want and the ability to unlock a weapon early. Everything else is garbage. I mean, who wants to work a whole prestige for a token that gets you nothing but a stupid title? And I liked being able to earn custom classes; however, since many people hardly ever use extra custom classes, having to spend a token on them seems like a waste.

Then we have the gameplay. And boy, does it suck ass. The first and most obvious problem: the lag. I'm usually rocking 4 bars; this does nothing to account for the tremendous difference between what I see in game and what I see on the killcam. Much more often than before, I'm emptying half my clip into enemies that eventually kill me, yet when I look at the killcam, I just stood there without even taking a shot. Next is the spawning. There are many instances where I will spawn near a battle (or even in the line of fire sometimes) and will be dead within 3 seconds of spawning. Also, I have never before been killed so many times by enemies spawning behind me. The hit detection system is also garbage. There have been many times where I've been shot in the chest (killcam for proof) and the game counts it as a headshot on me. Also, knifing the air behind an enemy or sniping/quickscoping the airspace where I was 2 seconds ago shouldn't still be counted as a kill. Finally, the weapons and killstreaks (and also the maps). The weapons are almost exactly the same as they were in MW2, except for the Type 95 and PP90M1. These weapons give me fits, as both of them kill in basically 1 shot, making them an excellent choice for campers/spawn campers/corner campers. Shotguns, especially the Striker, are way overpowered too. Also, if you trigger the IMS but you manage to run 50 feet away or behind a wall, you shouldn't still have to die. The support killstreaks are a joke, now any scrub who plays the game can get an EMP or juggernaut armor in a flash (even while going negative...which reminds me, this game places way too much emphasis on kdr as compared to other cod titles...). The maps and graphics are basically just a copy-paste of MW2 maps, except that there's more corners to camp in and more cheap flanking routes *facepalm*.

Overall, unless you're a really die hard cod fanboy (and I mean 10th/15th prestige every game die hard), then don't waste your money, especially on Elite. Your hard-earned cash is better spent on more remarkable games such as BF3 and Skyrim.
  46. Dec 14, 2011
    I give this game a zero. Why you ask? Because any company that makes billions and doesn't have the talent to fix re-occurring issues shouldn't be able to create. I bought this game hoping they would fix the LAG LAG LAG, hit detection, and graphics. How can other companies make games with little or no lag but they can't? I swore that I wouldn't buy this game but ALL my friends did so II give this game a zero. Why you ask? Because any company that makes billions and doesn't have the talent to fix re-occurring issues shouldn't be able to create. I bought this game hoping they would fix the LAG LAG LAG, hit detection, and graphics. How can other companies make games with little or no lag but they can't? I swore that I wouldn't buy this game but ALL my friends did so I went out on gameday launch and bought it like a lemming as well. I played it maybe a week and then the lag started to frustrate me beyond belief. And DO NOT get me started about Elite. I cannot believe i paid for that piece of garbage. The only way i'll buy another COD game is when the next gen consoles come out because then they will be FORCED to make a change to this mess. I bought BF3 the week before and It's soooo great. I am into more realistic shooters though and not arcade games. To each their own. If we all stand together and hold onto our money and say "MAKE A CHANGE TO YOUR POS GAME"...they will listen. But if we all buy it like idiots they'll just keep counting our money and laughing at our stupidity. Rant over. Expand
  47. Dec 28, 2011
    Call of Duty 4 was a landmark in the shooter genre, as was Modern Warfare 2 - each game brought new things to the table, building upon the ideas the previous game offered. MW3, however, is simply a rehashed MW2 with different guns, an even faster and more frustratingly-paced multiplayer with a less interesting kill streak system, and a mildly entertaining and predictable campaign. JustCall of Duty 4 was a landmark in the shooter genre, as was Modern Warfare 2 - each game brought new things to the table, building upon the ideas the previous game offered. MW3, however, is simply a rehashed MW2 with different guns, an even faster and more frustratingly-paced multiplayer with a less interesting kill streak system, and a mildly entertaining and predictable campaign. Just looking at the emblem and call sign page, we can see that half of the emblems and title backgrounds were either COPY/PASTED FROM MW2 or an edited version of a previous graphic. It's as if Infinity Ward knew that just by slapping the COD title on the front of the box meant that they didn't even have to try or do anything new, because it would still sell - and it did sell. A lot. As a big Call of Duty fan, I can say I'm effectively disappointed beyond words. Do yourself a favor and trade this in for Battlefield 3 - the far superior FPS - and tell all of your friends to not buy it. Infinity Ward needs to know that their fans will not stand for playing the same rehashed games every two years. Expand
  48. Jun 10, 2012
    The single player game is fun for 6 hours. Then it went back to the rental people. I'm glad I didn't buy it, it's like when I buy junk food once a year. OK for a short time, but then leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    The multiplayer is knackered. Bad hit detection, too easy on noobs, no innovation. This has turned into a cash cow and the devs don't care about the consumers. Simple as that
  49. Feb 27, 2012
    Trash. That's what this game is. Call of Duty: A franchise that has set the standard for all FPS games to live up to. Unfortunately that metaphorical bar has been set so low by this game that it's a mockery to even call it a title when in actuality, it's a $60 add-on to an already sub-par game. MW3 continues it's already bland story by spicing things up with an old threat with a new planTrash. That's what this game is. Call of Duty: A franchise that has set the standard for all FPS games to live up to. Unfortunately that metaphorical bar has been set so low by this game that it's a mockery to even call it a title when in actuality, it's a $60 add-on to an already sub-par game. MW3 continues it's already bland story by spicing things up with an old threat with a new plan to destroy the world. With that said, let's look at the campaign. 'This game delivered no shocks, no surprises that I haven't seen before or anticipated. At least in MW2 'No Russian' was a shocking thing to play through. And of course CoD4 had the nuke explosion. The campaign was lackluster and under prepared. It felt rushed and like with all CoD campaigns now, you have no earthly clue what's going on. Single player gets a 1/10 because it did bring everything full circle and now maybe Infinity Ward can get back on track to making a great single player experience. Multiplayer was just as awful as MW2. It's become an arcade game with horribly overpowered guns and people that make use of the ability to camp 24/7. The maps aren't all that enjoyable to play on and they don't feel like new environments that I enjoy from video games. I get that it's hard to build on past success but Infinity Ward has really let itself go by appeasing to the masses with their multiplayer experience. Multiplayer gets a 0/10. I'm glad people are finally realizing that this series has gone down the hole from it's glory days, but as long as it has a Call of Duty title, it will make MILLIONS of dollars. An Expand
  50. Mar 6, 2012
    Game's been the same and never ever changed, do yourself a favor and do not buy this game. It's filled with children, rehashed content, the only thing that changes from game to game are the perk, maps, and killstreak. Even the weapons are just re-skins because they never introduce something new.
  51. Mar 18, 2012
    What a load of ****, when will people realize that it is the same crap every year, yet they make more money than great developers who actually spend time on their games, it isn't fair.
  52. Mar 18, 2012
    I have played every Call of Duty Game and I'd have to say I have enjoyed them but this game is just terrible, I mean sure Black Ops was an alright game and so was MW2, but this one is just terrible. The guns don't have the correct names, the models for the guns are even suiting the name of the gun. For god sake's the gun model for the AK-47 is the model of a AK-200... Why couldn't theyI have played every Call of Duty Game and I'd have to say I have enjoyed them but this game is just terrible, I mean sure Black Ops was an alright game and so was MW2, but this one is just terrible. The guns don't have the correct names, the models for the guns are even suiting the name of the gun. For god sake's the gun model for the AK-47 is the model of a AK-200... Why couldn't they have given it it's correct name? Also the gun sounds are unrealistic as usual. The story line is even worse! The guns in the game are overpowered or under-powered which makes for unbalanced terrible gameplay. Then you got online maps which are just even worse! I've never seen so many maps built for just camping! What ever happen to just gun on gun? Then the perks and killstreaks are just pure stupid! The game is getting worse everytime I play it. Also I bet somone is going to say that hell this guy is probably a noob writing this, well actually no. I qualify as a top player. Beside that this game is just terrible and not worth the 60 dollars I payed. I wish I could take this back. So save yourself and don't buy it. Expand
  53. Jun 2, 2012
    I only gave this game a zero because I can't go into the negatives. HEY lets c & p the exact same engine graphics and gameplay from 4mw and add different guns and rerelease it over and over again. This makes me ashamed to call myself a gamer! Truly the Nickelback of the video gaming industry. The same game being released every single year... Absolutely no innovation whatsoever betweenI only gave this game a zero because I can't go into the negatives. HEY lets c & p the exact same engine graphics and gameplay from 4mw and add different guns and rerelease it over and over again. This makes me ashamed to call myself a gamer! Truly the Nickelback of the video gaming industry. The same game being released every single year... Absolutely no innovation whatsoever between games. If you want a good first person shooter, play Far Cry 2 or Halo CE Anniversary. This series is **** Expand
  54. Jan 5, 2013
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 isn't anything special. Multi-player hasn't changed at all... its the same thing with all the new Call of Duty titles: Add/replace a few guns, add some perks, maybe even rip off a game mode from Counter Strike, and sell it for $50. The campaign was the only thing I enjoyed, the players will pick up where Modern Warfare 2 left off and go on a series of epicCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 isn't anything special. Multi-player hasn't changed at all... its the same thing with all the new Call of Duty titles: Add/replace a few guns, add some perks, maybe even rip off a game mode from Counter Strike, and sell it for $50. The campaign was the only thing I enjoyed, the players will pick up where Modern Warfare 2 left off and go on a series of epic battles to stop world devastation that lays in the hands of Makarov. If you are looking for something new.... Modern Warfare 3 isn't the game you are looking for. Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    hmmm, a game by Activision, the company that fired the CEO's of Infinity Ward. Also the company that re-staffed Infinity Ward to make it's next installment of the Call of Duty franchise, which is what it is for Activision, a way to make money. Don't waste your money on this remake game, go spend it on a game made by a real company that deserves your support.
  56. Nov 8, 2011
    How can console gamers put up with this ****
    2 hour campaign, Same engine as the last 4 COD games, Will probably be another $200 worth of DLC, Gets a point for boosting my ATVI stocks.
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the same game! Nothing new? Really? COD needs to retire they've beaten the dead horse! Still small maps. Nothing exciting about this game anymore and the Killstreaks are even more ridiculous than before!
    Graphics look the same!! COME ON!
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    What you're really buying for $60 is the promise of DLC and more formulaic games in the future. The skill cap on this game is nil, and running from point A to point B to complete some non sequential objective while utilizing the auto-aim to shoot down generic soldier isn't all too exciting either. Skip this and pick up something more interesting, you might find something like Red OrchestraWhat you're really buying for $60 is the promise of DLC and more formulaic games in the future. The skill cap on this game is nil, and running from point A to point B to complete some non sequential objective while utilizing the auto-aim to shoot down generic soldier isn't all too exciting either. Skip this and pick up something more interesting, you might find something like Red Orchestra a bit more interesting! Expand
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    3 hour campaing = insult
    engine = outdated
    multiplayer = copy-pasta of MW2 Map's = poorly designed Overall this Expansion Pack is not worth 70.00, I would wait until its on sale for 9.99
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    Time for a non biased review, from a shooter fan. The game looks and plays like the past 10 games, so it's not original and I detracted points for that. The storyline is generic and predictable so I subtracted points for that. The box art is plain and ugly so I subtracted points for that. It's being published by Bobby Kotick, AKA "the devil from Activision-Blizzard who eats gameTime for a non biased review, from a shooter fan. The game looks and plays like the past 10 games, so it's not original and I detracted points for that. The storyline is generic and predictable so I subtracted points for that. The box art is plain and ugly so I subtracted points for that. It's being published by Bobby Kotick, AKA "the devil from Activision-Blizzard who eats game developers for breakfast", so I subtracted points for that. The CoD series is singlehandedly responsible for the dumbing down and destruction of the FPS genre so I detracted points for that. The series is also responsible for giving consumers the most expensive DLC the world has ever known so that'll cost some review points. I wanted to give it one point for having awesome graphics, but then I remembered 90% of the buildings and textures are recycled from previous games so there is nothing original there and I ended up subtracting points for that.

I understand Activision-Blizzard plays harball with popular review companies, so you made the right choice by coming to the user section to get the honest truth!
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    Awful game.

All they have done is reskinned blackops and added a few gimmicks. Blackops was a reskin of mw2. They publish half arsed games every year just to capitalise on sales. Only sheep would buy such a game. Awful campaign, again. All they have done is port the game over to the pc from console. No console, lean, configs, etc.
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree." I am being honest. This gaming series has had almost 0 changes to it over the past 4 years and yet they still release the same game every year for $60. The fact that people still buy these games every year is an embarrassment to the gaming industry. The critics give these games the same score every single year. Its time the gaming"It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree." I am being honest. This gaming series has had almost 0 changes to it over the past 4 years and yet they still release the same game every year for $60. The fact that people still buy these games every year is an embarrassment to the gaming industry. The critics give these games the same score every single year. Its time the gaming community stands up and demands innovation in the games they buy. Stop spending your hard earned money on a game that you already have multiple copies of with a 3 next to it insead of a 2. Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    I will keep this short, simple, and to the point.
    Build a new engine for your product. Stop using the same ol engine for every Call of Duty game. Make new animations, stop using the same recycled ones from 3 years ago. Do real work.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been playing this game all day now and I just can't seem to enjoy it, it just feels like the same thing over and over again with nothing new. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who already owns black ops or mw2.
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely nothing new introduced. Bland storyline, and multiplayer is like playing MW2. If people want the same thing each time, then stick to the same game.
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 is a quick scoping, drop shooting noob fest, with some noob tubing in between. The games are riddled with passage ways in an out making any attempt for strategy and area control worthless. In short order the game becomes a spawn, run, kill one guy get shot from behind, press X and do it all again. The weapons are worthless till you get into the 40 levels leaving you at the other end ofMW3 is a quick scoping, drop shooting noob fest, with some noob tubing in between. The games are riddled with passage ways in an out making any attempt for strategy and area control worthless. In short order the game becomes a spawn, run, kill one guy get shot from behind, press X and do it all again. The weapons are worthless till you get into the 40 levels leaving you at the other end of a better gun till then. In short WTF is the word that will most likely come out of your mouth over and over again while playing this game. I didn't touch on the graphics they speak for themselves. This game was not worth the buy and will not be in my wish list of games come next year. Expand
  67. Nov 23, 2011
    Glen asked me to rate this game. And I did. It deserves 0/10 for giving me MW2 for full price. Thank you Glen, won't make any mistake like this again.
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    I wen't against what everyone said that its going to be the same game as the last, but it really feels like an expensive map pack. I't is a refresher compared to the cluster called black ops.
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    Modern warfare 3 is absolutely horrible, it managed to push the limits of my imagination BACKWARDS. The elite system is a horrible idea, max level'd players are capable of ruining games for players just starting.. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, save it for something worth your time like skyrim
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    Story didn't make sense
    Game play felt overused and dated
    Engine is again out of date
    No new on-line mechanics
    Where are the advances in technology as shown in Battlefield such as new lighting effects techniques!

The main changes are the new perks and new guns thats all.
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    What a bunch of monkey spunk..............

A complete and utter let down, the game has made no games it physics, AI, game play, weoponry, maps anything. My god of all sequels this has got to be up there with the ones that blows the most. I loved.....and i do say loved the COD MW series, and now they have completely turned me off as they produced this crap that did nothing for the
    What a bunch of monkey spunk..............

I loved.....and i do say loved the COD MW series, and now they have completely turned me off as they produced this crap that did nothing for the genre of games in general.

Infinity ward just another money grabbing bunch of stokers, hmmmm they have become another EA sports.
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    There's only one way to say this: it's a pile of rehashed crap.

The 'changes' to multiplayer amount to a small title update, consisting of features other games have done before and done better. None of the maps are notable and, were there to be a "10 greatest MW maps of all time" list, I can't see any of them being on it. The overall feel is that this once-great series has come and gone.
    There's only one way to say this: it's a pile of rehashed crap.

The campaign is also more of the same, only while this was reasonably impressive back when CoD 4 was released, now it simply feels dated and boring, with the ending two missions being especially underwhelming.

To summarise, it's plain bad, with no redeeming features. My advice is to save your money.
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    It's the same thing as MW2 although MW2 was better because it actually brought something new.
    P.S. The game mode Kill Confirmed does NOT get rid of campers.
  74. Nov 8, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 brings nothing new to the table. This game should be a $15 map pack, end of story. It's quite sad that the gaming industry has brought us to this point, right here.
  75. Nov 8, 2011
    Possibly the least a sequel has ever done to improve over its predecessor, this installment of the Call of Duty franchise once again shows the effectiveness of a brand name when it comes to selling a rehash. Doing absolutely nothing to improve over the previous installments, Modern Warfare 3 once again allows gameplay to be dominated by about three different weapons, which is poor gamePossibly the least a sequel has ever done to improve over its predecessor, this installment of the Call of Duty franchise once again shows the effectiveness of a brand name when it comes to selling a rehash. Doing absolutely nothing to improve over the previous installments, Modern Warfare 3 once again allows gameplay to be dominated by about three different weapons, which is poor game design at its finest. It has also reused the same graphics engine without bothering to make improvements for the fourth time in a row.
    Of course, that's not to say a developer should focus on fixing what isn't broken. However, fixing nothing and only focusing on adding new gun skins doesn't do anything to help a series evolve, much less improve. And that is something Modern Warfare 3 failed to do: improve. A complete rehash of a series of rehashes, all with stagnant, random gameplay. So I urge you, the consumer: do not buy this game. Do not support the corporate greed of the developer if they are not willing to provide a worthwhile product.
  76. Nov 9, 2011
    I could go on quite a rant explaining Activision's greed, Infinity Ward's lack of creativity, etc etc. But the game speaks for itself. Plays like Modern Warfare and Black Ops, looks like a cartoon, the character animations are a joke, you aim down the sight like you're covered in mud, and try running around with a shotgun. The death streak perk unlocked at first is strange and awkward, asI could go on quite a rant explaining Activision's greed, Infinity Ward's lack of creativity, etc etc. But the game speaks for itself. Plays like Modern Warfare and Black Ops, looks like a cartoon, the character animations are a joke, you aim down the sight like you're covered in mud, and try running around with a shotgun. The death streak perk unlocked at first is strange and awkward, as your screen bobbles uncontrollably... and mixed with the shotgun, it's something to laugh at. Ah, yes, when I heard the sound of the guns and saw most of the guns (M4), I laughed out loud. Unintentional, but I laughed. I expected this gameplay to be decent, like most other Call of Duty's, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. It's a terrible mess. No innovation whatsoever. You can change the perks and killstreaks, but it doesn't change the fact the game feels exactly the same, except for the slow, quicksand feeling when you run, but looks worse. Activision bragged about fast-paced gameplay at 60fps, huh? Not nearly as fast-paced as before, and the dedicated servers lag worse than most servers. Singleplayer was garbage. The only thing I found was tons of fun was the new Juggernaut gametype, Infection, and Survival. But that's something they stole from another game. *ahem* Kind of like theater mode. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2011
    Same old, same old. Expected nothing special and that is exactly what I got. This is pretty much a map pack for MW2. I guess I can see that fanbois don't like their cheese moved but for me its an amazing ripoff by Activision.
  78. Nov 9, 2011
    It's a blatant cash in with zero innovation, in my opinion it deserves every negative review on this site.
    The fact that they reused sound/animations/models and even forgot to change the error messages (they still refer to itself as MW2) is plain atrocious.
  79. Nov 9, 2011
    i played the MP for a few hours on ps3 last night and i gotta say its the same exact game as MW2. atleast though similar. MW2 was a TRUE sequal to cod 4 there is nothing different about this game from MW2. The sound effects, The menu's, the animations are the same. The only thing i can say that looks different is the enviornment seems to look a little smoother when you run. but this is thei played the MP for a few hours on ps3 last night and i gotta say its the same exact game as MW2. atleast though similar. MW2 was a TRUE sequal to cod 4 there is nothing different about this game from MW2. The sound effects, The menu's, the animations are the same. The only thing i can say that looks different is the enviornment seems to look a little smoother when you run. but this is the same game i played 4 years ago. and with all the money they make. You would think they could of made some more apparent changes by now. And its funny to me how people think that all the negative user reviews are a conspiracy! how about all the over rated reviews from the corporate critics are a conspiracy! they over rated this game hardcore! if other games pulled this rehash **** critics would of shot it down in an instant! but since It is COD! They sugar coat their words on how its the same **** and say its okay because thats just cod! **** that! and its just sickening to me as a gamer that people would just keep eating this **** up like hot cakes! and on top of all the recycling IW has done they add and extra 50 dollar elite service to double their profit. Which will no doubt just contain maps from MW2 and cod 4! I dread the day in one year from now when the next cod comes out! It will be the same game just new skins and maps and everyone will go ape **** for it! AGAIN!!!!!!!! Expand
  80. Nov 9, 2011
    look i'm not going to sit here and tell you guys this game is not without its fun elements. but that does not excuse the fact that the developers didn't even try to improve on the game and that is unacceptable. so if i have to give this game a low score just to nail this idea into their heads then i sure will. i loved black ops, so when i picked this game up i was expecting it to at leastlook i'm not going to sit here and tell you guys this game is not without its fun elements. but that does not excuse the fact that the developers didn't even try to improve on the game and that is unacceptable. so if i have to give this game a low score just to nail this idea into their heads then i sure will. i loved black ops, so when i picked this game up i was expecting it to at least run on the same engine. i was sadly mistaken because this game is ugly, and when i say ugly i mean UGLY! i have no doubt that infinity ward will pick up on this and the many other reviews being posted here and try to make there next game better, but as of now i'm just going to beat this sh***y campaign so i can trade this puppy right back to gamestop. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    it gets one point because the single player is actually ok but the multiplayer sucks balls,, Bad maps, broken respawn, sniping with no skill required. everybody is sniping because u dont even have to aim to get a kill. the autoaim for snipers is **** ridiculous. if they dont patch this im going back to blackops
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    I'd like to kick off this review saying I'm not a BF fanboy, you can keep your bf's and your bff's for all I care.

Twelve months ago, the CEO of Activision, who was bred in a test tube with fertilisation donations from the risen ghost of hitler, called for another game to lengthen the turgid slick of mediocrity that is Call of Duty. Featuring another uninspired campaign of betrayal, shooting foreigners, on rails gunning, and controversy, (think car bombs in London and twelve year old girls) interspersed with witless dialogue and explosions that appeal to the lowest common denominator, this game can only be described as terrible.

It seems no effort was made to make a good game. The graphics are poor in comparison to well made recently released games that will cost you the same amount of money, the campaign is a recycled version of the last 4 years worth of call of duty's. The multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as every other game in the series, but with a collection of new, poorly concieved maps and ideas to create weapon imbalance. In short this game's only redeeming feature is that if you put it in the microwave on high, I believe it will crackle up in a small light show.

Don't get Modern warfare 3, you worked too hard for that money, and you don't want to encourage that lazy bunch of developers. It seems the most effort they made with this game was to beg for people to overlook the lack of quality and give the game a good review. This is a company that had a press release with one of their Modern Warfare 2 map packs, stating that a price rise from the usual 800 MSP per map pack, to 1200 MSP, is in the interests of consumers. Stay away from this game, I have it on good advice that it is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, gathering strength with every sale.

Important note: The game features a car bombing in London, and, while I'm all for poorly timed walks of the dangerous knife edge that is taste and decency, capitilising on devastating terrorist attacks to create the illusion of storyline and plot, and to generate anger out of teenage boys, it must be noted that the scene is handled with the sensitivity and delicacy of a drug mule's full cavity search at an Indonesian airport. Also PARIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THAT!! The furthest the developers must have gone in their 'research' was the McDonald's nearest to the 'development' 'studio' , while their leftover MW2 disks had the 3's printed over them.

The developers sank as low as to beg for good reviews (absolutely shamless) - originally the user score sat at less than 2.5 - now, sadly, it is rising because of the flock of sheep that follow the developer around blindly. It is not worth 3.
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is uglier then games 3 years old on the Xbox. Call of Duty is really starting to show it's age. They also reused a lot of models from Modern Warefare 2 for buildings and titles. Disappointing effort.
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    Did they even try? they just added new maps , mw2 was good but come on don't make me pay 60 for the same-thing all over again.
    they just should of put out a new map pack.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    I honestly gave this game a chance.this is one of the worst Call of Duty titles to date. I am judging strictly from my multiplayer experience because that is really all the game is supposed to be. It is absolutely unoriginal garbage. There is no innovation, no improvement or any real changes to differentiate this game from past Call of Duty titles. Yes there's a new game mode and some newI honestly gave this game a chance.this is one of the worst Call of Duty titles to date. I am judging strictly from my multiplayer experience because that is really all the game is supposed to be. It is absolutely unoriginal garbage. There is no innovation, no improvement or any real changes to differentiate this game from past Call of Duty titles. Yes there's a new game mode and some new guns to bring in the COD whores, but this game is stale. The first game I played I felt no sense of playing a new game. Save your money this year, do not get this game. It's unbelievable how lazy these developers are becoming! Expand
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    I have already wrotten this review for the PS3 version, but because it is my birthday next week, I got the Xbox 360 version given to me early by brother, not realising I had already bought the PS3 version. Thankfully we managed to return it but not after I had a try because FPS have a reputation of being better on the 360 format. Did it change my mind? Maybe the graphics looked betterI have already wrotten this review for the PS3 version, but because it is my birthday next week, I got the Xbox 360 version given to me early by brother, not realising I had already bought the PS3 version. Thankfully we managed to return it but not after I had a try because FPS have a reputation of being better on the 360 format. Did it change my mind? Maybe the graphics looked better without the odd tearing. Nope :(.

I already own MW2, got Black Ops and was expecting something more from MW3 I guess. What I got was MW2 with BLOPs Zombie mode minus the zombies. All the maps are so vertical and have the same dirty look. There are so many corners that now getting caught in a good firefight is a thing of the past. None of these maps are memorable and can't even come close to classics such as Cliffside, Eder Dam, Terminal, Crash and Backlot.
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    same old same old... it it seems like its just a $60 map pack... Game play is the same as before, just expected MUCH MUCH more. The idea of rehashing and doing the same thing as the three prior titles is disappointing. With all the hype and promotion around it, perhaps they could have spent less on marketing and more on development... JMHO
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    I am very loyal to the CoD franchise but... for me MW3 is just looks like an expansion pack for Modern Warfare 2 it doesn't bring too much innovation to the franchise... It could be merchandised as a DLC
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Call of Duty but MW3 didn't do anything for me, i felt that the game was a copy and paste MW2.5. So i decided to give Battlefield 3 ago, i really didn't like the previous Battlefield but i have to say Battlefield 3 is awesome, it is far superior to MW3 with out a doubt. Activison you let me down this time.
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    a polished turd is still only a turd. Completely average game IMO. Nothing different than MW2. They could have just added this for DLC.
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    The game is the same game it has been since 4. I mean don't' get me wrong- I will continue to play with my friends and have fun, but I am so pissed that the developers don't respect the consumers enough to add new features...this game should have been a DLC for MW2.
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    Really, videogames industry has become a greedy beatch! How can "official" videogame sites give high scores to a very expensive expansión pack of MW2 is beyond my understaning or should I consider the fact they are being paid for writing positive things on a package that is the very same stuff we played five years ago? It is obvios that sledgehammer took the safe route andReally, videogames industry has become a greedy beatch! How can "official" videogame sites give high scores to a very expensive expansión pack of MW2 is beyond my understaning or should I consider the fact they are being paid for writing positive things on a package that is the very same stuff we played five years ago? It is obvios that sledgehammer took the safe route and didn´t want to risk losing sales nor being smashed by EA but they just failed compensate so mucha anticpated hype.

Buy this thing at your own risk having in mind that it should be DLC priced as much as $20. I feel really sorry for the bunch of poor guys who paid for the "elite" content, they will be receiving the same labyrinthic lame maps in the months to come, but I seriously dobut that will be enough to keep this expansion ailve. Activision should kill the franchise as they did with Guitar Hero, but as long as there are people paying overprice and with the con$ent of "reviewers" they won´t stop, at least not for this generation.
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    Simple cut-and-paste job. Fourzerotwo's lies about no nuke, no last stand, no commando; they are all in the game with different names. It really is mw2.5, most of the additions could have been a $25 expansion for mw2. Wait, nevermind, they added facebook integration, HOORAY!!! They are selling a brand and not a game. Buy used for co-op. Don't give them your money because they obviouslySimple cut-and-paste job. Fourzerotwo's lies about no nuke, no last stand, no commando; they are all in the game with different names. It really is mw2.5, most of the additions could have been a $25 expansion for mw2. Wait, nevermind, they added facebook integration, HOORAY!!! They are selling a brand and not a game. Buy used for co-op. Don't give them your money because they obviously think that gamers are mindless and will buy any crap with the words "Call of Duty" on it. Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, same game, different box, with a few new modes thrown in... This is an outrage, then you have the nerve to charge for elite "service" WHAT A JOKE! BF3 offers all that for free, with a better game. Only tools and little kids keep wasting their money on this garbage...
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the same thing as the last 2 games. It might as well have been a extension of black ops, which was a extension of MW2. The muliplayer is the same, the single player is weak, I honestly don't know why I even got it after I played black ops, which I asked myself the same thing after playing MW2. I would save my money for BBC 3 if I wanted to play a good fps.
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    Several issues still plague this series. Lag due to lack of dedicated servers basically makes CoD unplayable (Confirmed btw). Once again the game will be based on who has the best connection and everyone will use the same gun until it's nerfed by the dev team. Activision is taking all your money for CoD Elite and not giving you anything for it you wouldn't pay for it anyways.Several issues still plague this series. Lag due to lack of dedicated servers basically makes CoD unplayable (Confirmed btw). Once again the game will be based on who has the best connection and everyone will use the same gun until it's nerfed by the dev team. Activision is taking all your money for CoD Elite and not giving you anything for it you wouldn't pay for it anyways. Stat-tracking? Battlelog is free, clans? Battlelog is free, Facebook style communication? Again Battlelog is free. CoD sells more copies than Battlefield so why can't Activision use that money to fix their broken game. Any other game that is using an engine that is 5 years old would be blasted by reviewers. Until you fix these issues, I won't be playing another CoD! Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    This game, although feels like a slight return to COD 4 (which I favour as the last good title that came from this franchise), is extremely disapointing. Multi-player is the same, with a vast amount of the features from Modern Warfare 2 being re-dressed to make them seem new (for instance, guns "levelling up" is just the same as doing the challenges to earn attachments). Story feels like aThis game, although feels like a slight return to COD 4 (which I favour as the last good title that came from this franchise), is extremely disapointing. Multi-player is the same, with a vast amount of the features from Modern Warfare 2 being re-dressed to make them seem new (for instance, guns "levelling up" is just the same as doing the challenges to earn attachments). Story feels like a copy/paste, same old scripted events with unimaginative level designs and challenges set. Spec Ops is boring, though I will light a match for survival mode as this is where the bulk of my play has been since launch. Despite this, other games have just accomplished this better, such as Gears of War 3. The Call of Duty franchise is just a dying old man in the care-home of the gaming world. Its about time it was put out of its misery, and stopped entertaining chavs and bringing them into our gaming communities. I solely blame Infinity Ward and Treyarch for sealing the FPS genre in a fun-proof coffin. We can only hope that the guys at Valve can use a crowbar to pry it the genre out with Half-Life 3. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    E' praticamente uguale al secondo capitolo della serie e spendere 70 euro per un clone mi fa incazzare come un matto. Basta non fare uscire un cod all'anno e vediamo un pò cosa cambia
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Cash-Cow- Modern Rip-off 3 is out, and I must say I was looking forward to playing this game, however after the fiasco with the last 2 COD games, at launch, I decided not to pre-order this time around. I rented the game for a week and that in itself was a waste of money, I should have only rented it for a single night, because thats about how long it took me to become bored withCall of Cash-Cow- Modern Rip-off 3 is out, and I must say I was looking forward to playing this game, however after the fiasco with the last 2 COD games, at launch, I decided not to pre-order this time around. I rented the game for a week and that in itself was a waste of money, I should have only rented it for a single night, because thats about how long it took me to become bored with this same old, same old.

If you have played any COD game, you will know exactly what to expect with MW3 (if it ain't broke don't fix it), and some might think thats a good thing, but it isn't. If you're like me and have put countless hours into COD, you're probably looking for some cool new stuff for MP, some innovative game mode or KSR or something....ANYTHING, but no, basically nothing has changed since the last instalment.

If you have been living in a cave and never played a COD game, then you'll probably enjoy MW3, however if you have played COD before, I can almost guarantee, that the novelty of a few new KSR and guns will ware off pretty quick.

Multi-player lags constantly. Map design is terrible. The guns sound like someone threw a box of cutlery down some stairs, (peeew pheeew rattle rattle pheew) COD Elite, cost the same as the full game, and doesn't work.
    Hit detection is so bad its actually funny.
    Bullets can turn corners apparently.
    Health seems to be 75% of what it was in every other COD game.
    Shotguns are a two shot kill from point blank range.

IW's answer to zombies, is survival mode, and its not a patch on zombies.

I honestly wanted this to be a great game. COD4 was excellent, MW2 was frustrating at best, so I was hoping they would have learned something from that and make MW3 as close to COD4 as possible with improved graphics and a different engine. Nope

I didn't think COD could get any worse than BlackOp's, and sadly I was wrong.

If you have played COD before, then this game is not even worth renting, If you have never played COD before, rent it, you might enjoy it for a few hours.

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.