3.3

1. Nov 9, 2011
    The game is the same exact thing. It hasn't changed at all. It was fun 3 years ago, but its bland and aged now. This cow has been milked as much as it could possibly could.
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    Why pay $60 for the same thing every year it's just like Madden. People are just like sheep. It's time to move on to something else with more innovation. Call of Duty Elite is a copy of Halo Waypoint and Waypoint is free for all features. CoD is lacking because they know you will buy it just because it's called Modern Warfare.
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    Need I say more, for a purely recycled experiment turned into a global phenomenom all because of the people that buy this tripe, all to fulfill a fantasy of being an army Hero, seriously. The thing that makes me cringe about this, is the "Shock Value" which i call cheap exploitation, blowing up a little girl for no reason is not cool, and I don't think we need that in a video game. Tell aNeed I say more, for a purely recycled experiment turned into a global phenomenom all because of the people that buy this tripe, all to fulfill a fantasy of being an army Hero, seriously. The thing that makes me cringe about this, is the "Shock Value" which i call cheap exploitation, blowing up a little girl for no reason is not cool, and I don't think we need that in a video game. Tell a story right, or just don't tell one at all. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    I rented this game on release date and i am so glad i didn't go out and buy it, basically a title update of past CoD games, honestly don't see why this was so hyped.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    I gave the game a low score for a few reasons. I feel that because the damage is so beefed up that the game now doesn't rely on tactics and strategy as it is too strongly now based on reaction time and latency, this issue punishes those of us that don't have super low pings. Tied to the first issue, because the game is so fast my friends who havn't played as much CoD and don't reactI gave the game a low score for a few reasons. I feel that because the damage is so beefed up that the game now doesn't rely on tactics and strategy as it is too strongly now based on reaction time and latency, this issue punishes those of us that don't have super low pings. Tied to the first issue, because the game is so fast my friends who havn't played as much CoD and don't react completely on instinct (there isn't any time to consciously think about your actions) do not enjoy playing the game (so much for 'anyone can pick up and play") which makes it more difficult for me to enjoy. Another issue is team play. IW and SH keep coming up with ways to reward the individual for objective play under the guise that they are promoting "team play". If you want tips on how to promote team play you need only look at BF3. Because the game is so fast now there is no reason to call out to a friend about enemy locations because by the time they are able to react the same enemy has cleared out the room before you could finish the sentence. As far as map design an sniping is concerned... There are very few places you can legitimately snipe. The maps are so tiny that it only lends itself to quick scoping, by and large alienating people who want to kick back, take it a little slower and snipe from range. like normal snipers.

In my honest opinion. the game needs to be slowed down by reducing damage in general to be somewhere between black ops and MW2.

There is a reason the user score is so low IW/SH. These are only some of my concerns from my experience. I just hope they are listening.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    It's the same game everyone already bought with a new number in the title. You're paying the price for a full game when all you are really getting is an overpriced expansion pack.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    My problem with the game is that it is the same thing repeated over again. I was talking with a friend today and we discussed the fact that there no longer is a game with working multiplayer that is based on skill, rather then how much you have played. This game lacks serious functionality, and for all you noobs I beg you to watch your kill cam. On your screen you are behind the wall; onMy problem with the game is that it is the same thing repeated over again. I was talking with a friend today and we discussed the fact that there no longer is a game with working multiplayer that is based on skill, rather then how much you have played. This game lacks serious functionality, and for all you noobs I beg you to watch your kill cam. On your screen you are behind the wall; on your opponents you are not. Still p2p servers no dedicated where is the effort anymore.

Got bored with singleplayer turned it off quick. Spec ops missions are cut outs of singleplayer with a partner, and are mediocre at best.
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    same game ive been playing since mw2. controls feel clunky and slow. gameplay is the same and for me the games been lagging alot since release. cant even see the leaderboards...
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    simply boring. I would rather go to sleep at the steering wheel then to play another 5 minutes of this game, constant bugs and glitches, no innovative gameplay, at all, just a different way of accessing your killstreaks and perks and weapons, but overall the game feels cliched, and exactly like MW2 except more like an expansion pack. But the thing I hate the most, all these pro critics sitsimply boring. I would rather go to sleep at the steering wheel then to play another 5 minutes of this game, constant bugs and glitches, no innovative gameplay, at all, just a different way of accessing your killstreaks and perks and weapons, but overall the game feels cliched, and exactly like MW2 except more like an expansion pack. But the thing I hate the most, all these pro critics sit there and complain how other game series feel the same but what about the call of duty series, hasn't changed its gameplay formula since MW1 but critics still give the games top reviews. So it has to be obvious, the morons are being paid to give this game a good review so that Activision can get and 15 million copies sold. Its starting to become about money and not quality when it comes to Activision, Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Who ever buys this game and like it, is a very generic human being and has to be put down at once. Way to sad to see peoples lifes rot away as they play MW3
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Have been playing MW3 online for a few hours now and it surprised me that a game I wasn't looking forward to, at all, still was able to... disappoint me.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    To be honest, I wasn't expecting good things at first. But... yeah I was about right. Same game engine since Call of Duty 4. However, this was made even worse when they added the glow effect in Modern Warfare 2 which made everything look like it was covered in an oddly rigid water. Do not buy. Let the poor guy die. He's had enough. Call of Duty had potential, but it was quickly sapped byTo be honest, I wasn't expecting good things at first. But... yeah I was about right. Same game engine since Call of Duty 4. However, this was made even worse when they added the glow effect in Modern Warfare 2 which made everything look like it was covered in an oddly rigid water. Do not buy. Let the poor guy die. He's had enough. Call of Duty had potential, but it was quickly sapped by the greedy publishers. Do not blame the devs. It's all on Activision. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    8th same Call of Duty game in 8 years, to milk even more money they decided to just downgrade the MP even more for a elite subscription which won't even include $15 old map packs every month! Avoid.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm sorely disappointed in the multiplayer. After playing both BF3 and MW3 multiplayer, BF3 is in my opinion the superior of the two.

Graphically MW3 hasn't changed much while BF3 adds a new level of realism. Sound wise, and this is the first thing I noticed as soon as I started playing MW3 multiplayer, MW3 is dull. Every time the weapon fired it just kinda sounded like thuds to me. BF3

Graphically MW3 hasn't changed much while BF3 adds a new level of realism.

Sound wise, and this is the first thing I noticed as soon as I started playing MW3 multiplayer, MW3 is dull. Every time the weapon fired it just kinda sounded like thuds to me. BF3 sound seems to have that special sharpness and crack when a weapon or explosion goes off.

The maps, oh the maps..., are the exact same thing I've seen in MW for a while now. Each one is just laid out different and with different textures. Actually trying to use knowledge of the map to your advantage fails horribly because by the time you try to circle around any enemy they are either gone or already killed by the fast paced nature of things.

The list of game modes available, while impressive, still lack ways to differentiate from each one, mostly due to the lack of map uniqueness.

The only thing that saves it for me is the single player campaign.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Over hyped game. This game feel more like modern warfare 2.5. Players don't need a new CoD every year. We want and uber new CoD every 2-3 years instead. Activision, learn from Battlefield!!!
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't believe I wasted $50 on another copy of Modern Warfare 2. SPOILER: It is exactly the same formula as has been seen in the last two games, and if anything isn't as good as them, as i thoroughly enjoyed those games, and this one is just pathetic. Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is terrible. I've been a cod fan for years now and this is the worst of the bunch. Maps are too compact, and at every turn there is an enemy. It takes out the tactical aspect of cod. There's isn't one, u basically just run around shooting. You no longer feel accomplished getting 20+ kills, now that that's the average. I feel that they made the game so the players can get matchesGame is terrible. I've been a cod fan for years now and this is the worst of the bunch. Maps are too compact, and at every turn there is an enemy. It takes out the tactical aspect of cod. There's isn't one, u basically just run around shooting. You no longer feel accomplished getting 20+ kills, now that that's the average. I feel that they made the game so the players can get matches done quickly, rack up as many kills as possible, rank up like crazy, and acquire kill streaks like its a job. Graphics are good. Only positive. I'm going to return the game and keep playing my BF3. Game needs to be challenging and require skill and tactic, not a massacre at every turn. Bad job!! Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    Another year, another COD: and every new COD is worst than previous. MWF3 is repetitive, the 6 hour campaign is too short, and the multiplayer adds nothing new.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Wow what a complete let down. I was expecting to get the best COD yet but instead its still less balanced than the first Modern Warfare. The weapons are even easier to fire. You can easily spray with any weapon and land most of the shots. This series is just losing its tactics and strategy behind it. It's gotten to the point where it feels like quake with modern assault rifles and weakWow what a complete let down. I was expecting to get the best COD yet but instead its still less balanced than the first Modern Warfare. The weapons are even easier to fire. You can easily spray with any weapon and land most of the shots. This series is just losing its tactics and strategy behind it. It's gotten to the point where it feels like quake with modern assault rifles and weak player characters instead. The only draw to this game comes from some new weapons, maps, and a new killstreak system. Which in a way is kind of better but that feature alone doesn't change enough...let alone sell the game. The new maps are also uninspired and don't give you many options flanking. Trust me, after a couple hours the game just starts to feel like the same old stuff. You might as well go back to the first Modern Warfare from '07 if you want a better experience. Remember more does not mean better. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Do yourself a favor and ignore what the flock of sheep are saying about this game. Same iteration, no matter the name change. Just go back to playing Blops or MW2 or even MW1. Its not like you'll find much of a difference anyway.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Sorry Activision, but its just a next title update. I'm very dissapointed, next time I will not buy "another" Call of Duty game. Really sad to say it but its true.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Maps are too maze-like close-combat maps. I really havent imagined yet how this differs from MW2 other than the couple odd new killstreaks. I actually paid 60â
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    As a long time COD player, I find myself disappointed by the latest installment. Although the campaign was the predictable fare it was fairly well done, but nothing truly new or innovating was to be seen there. Moving on to the MP side of things, I feel its a backward step compared to its Treyarch predecessor, something I would never thought I would say, poor map designs, even poorer spawnAs a long time COD player, I find myself disappointed by the latest installment. Although the campaign was the predictable fare it was fairly well done, but nothing truly new or innovating was to be seen there. Moving on to the MP side of things, I feel its a backward step compared to its Treyarch predecessor, something I would never thought I would say, poor map designs, even poorer spawn mechanics, the removal of the great gun customisations Combat Training, and the parred down theatre editing options so well implemented In COD:BO. With a bleak selection of weapons and perk choices It feels more and more like expansion pack territory in all but name. I would love to of been able to give this the usual score of 8+ out of 10 but with such a pedestrian franchise update and the many problems, lag, poor hit detection, no Elite Access, (Paid For Hardened Edition) no Founder content accessible and irredeemable avatar DLC, I feel giving a score of 5+ here is too generous for the problems faced, I had high hopes but low expectations coming in, but not this low. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Why would i continue to play this game? I played for like three hours, and realized...it was just the same thing as modern warfare 2 and black ops...which were bad too. When will they get an idea and actually change the game instead of just copying and pasting? I'm surprised so many people like it and don't see that it's copy and paste. The story was short, and very very very boring, iWhy would i continue to play this game? I played for like three hours, and realized...it was just the same thing as modern warfare 2 and black ops...which were bad too. When will they get an idea and actually change the game instead of just copying and pasting? I'm surprised so many people like it and don't see that it's copy and paste. The story was short, and very very very boring, i know people that say its "the best ever" but all they play is call of duty, they don't play other games. The story was very short, boring, and felt like it was trying to be good, but we all know it wasn't. Year after year, people want the next call of duty game to be better, but deep inside they know its not good at all. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    after being loyal to COD games for ages i had enough-- sure it can be fun. but its the same **** in a different package-- i will not pick up another COD before they change everythæng drasticly-- this just feels like a big DLC-- very dissapointing-- R.I.P COD--
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    It gets a 1 for Spec Ops only.

Money grabbing fools learn to look after your customers not fob them off. Same old crap diffrent year.
    The worst sound effects in any shooter seriously doom had better sounds.

If this is your very first COD game go ahead and enjoy it if it is not dont waste your money on this console ****
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3? A new videogame? I was thinking that was a DLC of 70$. You will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game as MW2, MW1 and black ops, nothing has changed! Just new maps, which they will release a few more for $20 every month. Why do people keep buying this?
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Im a gamer, its what I do. While the SP was good, the MP is horrible. It feels like you're running though quicksand, moving super slow and randomly spraying giant rice at people. None of the guns sound different, all sound "cool and edgy" Not like the way the guns should sound at all, and, worse of all, thousands of screaming screaming SCREAMING kids yelling about hard scoping.

What a

What a joooooooooooooooke
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    lame, sadly for the weak minded. lame, sadly for the weak minded. lame, sadly for the weak minded. lame, sadly for the weak minded.lame, sadly for the weak minded.lame, sadly for the weak minded
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    I was really looking forward to this but I've got to say I'm dissapointed. I dont know what game the reviewers have been playing but some of their scores beggars belief. It's the same old same old. Maybe I'm just growing up & out of this style of game & it's better suited for younger people. The campain was ok but the multiplayer is boring after a week. I'm selling it on ebay right nowI was really looking forward to this but I've got to say I'm dissapointed. I dont know what game the reviewers have been playing but some of their scores beggars belief. It's the same old same old. Maybe I'm just growing up & out of this style of game & it's better suited for younger people. The campain was ok but the multiplayer is boring after a week. I'm selling it on ebay right now while it's still worth something. BF3 is my new game & I've finally seen the light regards what it offers as an FPS. Which is about 10 times more & then some.. Expand
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    same ole same ole! Nothing has changed... This game used to be about skill. The player with the most skill would win everytime... Now, a 10 yo can pick up a controller and go 30-2... sickening!
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    First off, this game isn't actually a 0 "but YOU gave it a 0!" you say.....well ya, that's because Activision deserves it. The direction they have taken the CoD franchise is unacceptable to the future of innovative gaming. By direction I of course mean the fact that it has been standing still ever since CoD 4. I'm sorry but anyone who continually supports this company in producingFirst off, this game isn't actually a 0 "but YOU gave it a 0!" you say.....well ya, that's because Activision deserves it. The direction they have taken the CoD franchise is unacceptable to the future of innovative gaming. By direction I of course mean the fact that it has been standing still ever since CoD 4. I'm sorry but anyone who continually supports this company in producing glorified add-ons that get labeled as full releases is an absolute zombie. If we as consumers keep paying full price for games that do nothing to advance the medium or even simply the genre then what message does that send gaming developers? It's ok for you to just feed us the same crap over and over again? No need to be creative and try something new? Don't bother putting actual effort into new releases? How about all of the above

The CoD franchise has become an enigma, on the one hand it shows just how popular, and essential to entertainment gaming has become. On the other hand it also shows you everything that is wrong with the current state of the industry and their attitude towards consumers. An attitude that is born of our own fault of course. We have the power to change it, the question is, will we?
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    well after playing this game yess the campaign is action packed and fun to play thew multiplayer just plain sux I mean map design is horrible as well as the dated graphics I accidently swore that this was MW2 when I playing through a couple of lvls. any there is no excuse for this POS for a game I mean for crying out loud why couldnt they borrow the ID Tech 5 engine it would have donewell after playing this game yess the campaign is action packed and fun to play thew multiplayer just plain sux I mean map design is horrible as well as the dated graphics I accidently swore that this was MW2 when I playing through a couple of lvls. any there is no excuse for this POS for a game I mean for crying out loud why couldnt they borrow the ID Tech 5 engine it would have done wonders for this game. anyway I own both MW3 and BF3. and i can tell u this one of them I played for a couple of hours and got bored immediatly the other one for a whole day I didnt even go to sleep and played it straight I'll let you figure out
    which one is which.
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Where to start? I have been playing COD since the very first game on PC, and IMO Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best COD game in the entire franchise. What happened Infinity Ward? Modern Warfare 3 is the same as Black Ops / Modern Warfare 2....it's just more of the same. This game really could have been released as a $30 expansion (or something like that). I don't really understandWhere to start? I have been playing COD since the very first game on PC, and IMO Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best COD game in the entire franchise. What happened Infinity Ward? Modern Warfare 3 is the same as Black Ops / Modern Warfare 2....it's just more of the same. This game really could have been released as a $30 expansion (or something like that). I don't really understand what all the hype is surrounding this game (IMO there are much better ones just released and that are coming out).

The single player is poor, multiplayer is more of the same, and SpecOps feels like it was tacked on.....There is just not enough here to justify a $60 game. If it was going for $40, ok....that would change this review a bit. To give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games credit, they did do a remarkable job with the graphics (this is at least a four year old engine), and you can tell they worked extremely hard to deliver this.

Bottom line, buy this, yes or no?: No - Save your money and play COD: Modern Warfare if you need your "war" game fix.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    I've played COD since I got a demo for the first one long ago on a "Maximum CD". I've seen the series grow and change except for recently when It stopped. COD MW3 is just another rehash of an old game with a new skin/logo and they except everyone to buy it. It's effectively nothing more than one of their cash cows now.

The single player is okay but just like every game its over in one day

The single player is okay but just like every game its over in one day if you sit down to really play it. The online part of it is just the same as the previous except with what appears to be smaller sized maps. If you want just rent the game and beat the campaign. If your looking for online play just play any of the other copies that were released previously or just find another series.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    The only reason I'm giving this game a review is because a dev asked fans to give it a higher score on Twitter. Score manipulation isn't okay to do Schofield.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    This should have been COD MW 2.5...same graphics, terrible maps and the old problems with Infinity Ward games. Black Ops was the most balanced and best looking game to date and this takes a step backwards. The multiplayer maps all look the same and trying to identify a landmark on each maps is impossible. Try telling your friends where you are on a map..."Hey, I'm here at the broken, brownThis should have been COD MW 2.5...same graphics, terrible maps and the old problems with Infinity Ward games. Black Ops was the most balanced and best looking game to date and this takes a step backwards. The multiplayer maps all look the same and trying to identify a landmark on each maps is impossible. Try telling your friends where you are on a map..."Hey, I'm here at the broken, brown building. Oh wait, that's every building in every map." Domination has spawn issues where you get pinned at a location over and over. Treyarch is proving to be the superior of the two teams, so please Infinity Ward, go ask for some map building advice. Expand
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a COD player ever since Call of Duty hit the shelves in 2003. I like the series very much, I played every single COD game across every platform. Unfortunately I also had a chance of playing MW3. I regret getting it both on PC and the 360. I had fun with this game for about 20 minutes in SP and an hour in MP. It's as much as I could take. The game is way too repetitive in every aspectI am a COD player ever since Call of Duty hit the shelves in 2003. I like the series very much, I played every single COD game across every platform. Unfortunately I also had a chance of playing MW3. I regret getting it both on PC and the 360. I had fun with this game for about 20 minutes in SP and an hour in MP. It's as much as I could take. The game is way too repetitive in every aspect of it. There is nothing new that is good going for it. The MP maps are a joke, campers on every corner, the SP is cliched and comes with all the cheap thrills we already saw dozens of times before. While it runs great on a greatly outdated engine on the 360 the PC graphics are crappy and are a complete mess. Some of the screen shots posted online were retouched without a doubt. If MW3 released in 2006 it would be good, but for today's standards it just shows the lack of effort on Activision's part. I am really disappointed. We as gamers need to ask more from the companies we support. With the release of MW3 I lost the respect I had for Activision. Begging gamers for support in raising a user score on here by a CoD developer is something I would never expect. I would never suggest getting this game to anyone. Let's hope MW4 will be better. Just an honest opinion. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't be fooled by the professional reviews and don't give into the media hype. This is the game generic military shooter that comes out every year in an already saturated market. This game is another 6 hour campaign that hides behind multi player. Same generic crap you see in every game. Death match, coop, team death match etc. BOOOORING. Your money is better spent on other games thisDon't be fooled by the professional reviews and don't give into the media hype. This is the game generic military shooter that comes out every year in an already saturated market. This game is another 6 hour campaign that hides behind multi player. Same generic crap you see in every game. Death match, coop, team death match etc. BOOOORING. Your money is better spent on other games this year like Zelda Skyward Sword, Dark Souls, Rayman Origins, Uncharted 3 and Batman AC. Expand
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Same usual crappy game just like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Call of Duty needs to get some serious changes and fixes to it because I'm sick and tired of the same gameplay. A proper Call of Duty needs to be built ground up, with a proper non-over-the-top storyline and balanced, skill-requiring multiplayer.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Completely uninspired/unoriginal crap. Activision needs to stop this yearly release schedule and focus on making a good CoD game, not just a copy/paste of previous ones.
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    HEY i bought this game thinking it was the second coming... its NOT.. its exactly the same as the others... and quick scope is back making snipers have a Huge advantage over any other... im taking this game back today maybe get skyrim.. activition will never learn is it keeps selling like hot cakes... this is a sad day for all gamers.. =) sorry i gave it a ten its definetly not--.--
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    For all of those players excited to pay $60 for an expansion pack mash-up of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, you're sure to be pleased. Anyone else who's looking for innovation or, at the very least having long existing issues addressed should look elsewhere. From the trend established by the past few releases in the series, Modern Warfare 3 is pretty much what I expected - and that'sFor all of those players excited to pay $60 for an expansion pack mash-up of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, you're sure to be pleased. Anyone else who's looking for innovation or, at the very least having long existing issues addressed should look elsewhere. From the trend established by the past few releases in the series, Modern Warfare 3 is pretty much what I expected - and that's not a good thing.

The single player, briefly, is solid, but not spectacular. If you've played the previous Modern Warfare title's campaign's, you know what to expect - shoot infinite enemies emerging from invisible monster closets until you move to the right trigger point to make them come from another one. Eventually make it to large setpiece explosion/event and repeat. The multiplayer isn't even this good (if we can even use that word).

The multiplayer actually feels like a step backward. The menus are clunky and feel thrown together, but this is just the first hint of crappiness to come. The maps feel like thrown-together paintball arenas rather than locations that would exist in real life. The developers forced obstacles, alleyways and staircases where they don't make sense, just to create more chaos - and not the good kind. Maps feel maze-like, and combined with the random spawn system there is little room for any kind of cohesive, team-oriented strategy. The best case scenerio still ends up being some strange hybrid of free for all and team deathmatch. All too often you find yourself shot in the back by someone who just spawned behind you mere seconds ago, often from an area you though that you'd just cleared. But perhaps the most infuriating aspect of multiplayer is the over performance of the gameplay. In spite of the billions of dollars made on this franchise, Activision refuses to invest in dedicated servers on consoles. This leaves players at the mercy of whatever local host is chosen, and more often than not, it's not pleasant. Lag and shoddy hit detection are not only common, but present the vast majority of the time. There's always at least a few players (if not the entire opposing team) that can survive multiple headshots, 8-12 chest shots or sometimes even have the ability to allow bullets to pass right through them from 2 feet away. On the other hand, enemies kill you around corners, knife you even though the slashed it with their back to you and 3 feet away, or in spite of their near invincibility, you'll find yourself shooting first, hitting (multiple times) first, yet still end up dead via 2 shots to the leg (after yourself registering multiple shots to the body and/or head). The multiplayer is broken, and given that this is the primary reason for purchase for most players, I feel not only disappointed, but ripped off.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Hands down the best COD remake YET! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare HD HD is so good, because instead of going outside the box and making a new game, they REMADE the same game! Who could ask for anything more?! The way they reuse buildings and character textures is almost STUNNING! And the extra maps they added?? Brilliant. I just wish they would add more stereotypical plot settings! I LOVEHands down the best COD remake YET! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare HD HD is so good, because instead of going outside the box and making a new game, they REMADE the same game! Who could ask for anything more?! The way they reuse buildings and character textures is almost STUNNING! And the extra maps they added?? Brilliant. I just wish they would add more stereotypical plot settings! I LOVE when I have to replay the same game over and over again, because it NEVER gets stale, or boring. I must say... the whole, "Evil russian" bit is hilarious, and so innovative. I'd recommend this game to anyone who loves repetitive, dull games, or being yelled at y 8-year-old british children.

If you feel your family jewels are a bit too small, THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU! Show everyone how huge your boomstick is by shooting children and grown men alike in the face in a virtual world where, "everything's made up, and the points don't matter."
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    I had no expectations for this game and yet I still find myself hating it. The campaign is terrible, it's just a series of explosions w/ no narrative comprehension, the maps are the worst the series has seen yet and the multiplayer is still the same camp fest that MW2 and BO were, the only thing different about it is that kill streaks are now in categories, but it doesn't matter becauseI had no expectations for this game and yet I still find myself hating it. The campaign is terrible, it's just a series of explosions w/ no narrative comprehension, the maps are the worst the series has seen yet and the multiplayer is still the same camp fest that MW2 and BO were, the only thing different about it is that kill streaks are now in categories, but it doesn't matter because all the same kill streaks are there, all you have to do is get your 7 kills and let the attack helicopter get you another 20. Survival mode is the only "new" thing in this game but anyone should be able to tell that it's just a cheap combination of horde from GoW and zombies plus is doesn't even have matchmaking so it's pretty useless. The thing that pisses me off the most about this game is that the devs made no attempt to make any thing different, it feels, plays, looks and sounds exactly like the past 2 MW games even the menus look exactly like the MW2 menus. The last time this series had any innovation was in 2007, it's been running off the same engine and gameplay ideas ever since but yet for some reason the critics still go and give it 9s and even worse the same people go out and help it break sales records (at what point do you people realize you just paid $60 for the same game you bought 5 years ago?). To call this game MW2.5 is generous it is MW1 w/ a different cover, a 3 in the title, a couple of re-skinned guns and some new modes that don't even have matchmaking. I'm glad I had the sense to only rent it, too bad the same couldn't be said for the 9 million people who blindly handed their money over to the devs on day one, you people just bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare...AGAIN. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    A miserable game like none other. Worst fps game I've ever seen in my entire life! Green oxidized copper all over the screen. Everything is green with the miserable post fx! The previous games in the series were miserable but this one is reaching new lows. Bf3 is 10000 times better than mw3! Do NOT BUY. I repeat DO NOT EVEN GET CLOSE TO IT !
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    This game shows how Activision runs every title it can into the ground for money. By the by, if you're looking forward to the DLC map packs in the future, they're already on the disc but they're just going to make you pay to activate them. Squeezing every last ounce of profit from a good franchise, what a disgrace.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    You know what? Why wont they just admit this crap is just a rehash of Blops and MW2? I swear to god, I wanna enjoy this game, but I'm sick and freaking tired of it to no end. From the obvious rehashing of past ports to the horrible online it has become. Bad hit detection, kill-cams that show the true connection between two people, it's ridicules. This will never be CoD4 no matter how hardYou know what? Why wont they just admit this crap is just a rehash of Blops and MW2? I swear to god, I wanna enjoy this game, but I'm sick and freaking tired of it to no end. From the obvious rehashing of past ports to the horrible online it has become. Bad hit detection, kill-cams that show the true connection between two people, it's ridicules. This will never be CoD4 no matter how hard they try. They just need to get over it. IW is done since the real guys left, SledgeHammer sucks and Treyarch had it's day in the light with WaW which was awesome IMO. Activision will me milking this till the day the world ends. I've been a fan of CoD for along time and it kills me to see this franchise turn into some laughing stock of the gaming world. Believe it or not Schofield people actually hate this game. And the only reason you all make a killing like you do is because of the millions of 11 year olds who wanna LULxXxquickscopeXX420. I used to be a CoDrone like them, but you all can keep your ridicules 15$ map packs and rehashing for the kiddies. I gave this a 3 like I did because deep down I want CoD to return to it's amazingness that was CoD4, hell, even WaW to an extent. But in the end, CoD needs to stop BSing the video game world. I'm done, people who aren't 11 know what needs to be done with this game. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    In general it is a good quality game - though basically the same as the previous ones. The biggest problem continues to be the XBOX live play. It suffers from individual connection speed. If you have a top notch internet provider you reign supreme. But for the rest of us it is rather dissatisfying since you are killed even before you see your opponent!
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    Honestly, if it wasn't for the title I would think that I was playing MW2 all over again. Obviously this game is not not worth $60. COD is slowing killing any originality in the gaming industry and this game continues to prove that.
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    I was super excited for this game, but utterly disappointed when I finally got it. This should have been released as DLC and not as a full game. This is a money grab by Activision plain and simple. Without IW this franchise turned to garbage in a hurry. The fact that Activision is begging people on twitter to come give this crap a better score on here forced me to come help rate it downI was super excited for this game, but utterly disappointed when I finally got it. This should have been released as DLC and not as a full game. This is a money grab by Activision plain and simple. Without IW this franchise turned to garbage in a hurry. The fact that Activision is begging people on twitter to come give this crap a better score on here forced me to come help rate it down even more. Dont buy this garbage unless you like to throw money away, and if you do, send it to me instead! Go buy a good game like Skyrim, BF3, or Arkham City. MW3 is a joke... Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is pure crap

The graphics are outdated The Multiplayer is broken and designed for Casuals The Weapons sound like Paperguns The maps are smaller than my bathroom The Campaign is 3 Hours long and boring They did copy+paste in a lot of places > 1:1 copy of buildings from CoD4 This game is pure crap and the Justin Bieber of Gaming.No Quality and a bunch of 5 year old casuals behind
    This game is pure crap

The graphics are outdated
    The Multiplayer is broken and designed for Casuals
    The Weapons sound like Paperguns
    The maps are smaller than my bathroom
    The Campaign is 3 Hours long and boring
    They did copy+paste in a lot of places > 1:1 copy of buildings from CoD4

This game is pure crap and the Justin Bieber of Gaming.No Quality and a bunch of 5 year old casuals behind them who don't know it better.
    For people who want to play a real good FPS there are a lot of alternatives.
    People rather spend their money on good games for example Skyrim,Uncharted 3,Battlefield 3,Saints Row 3,AssaCreed,Zelda,Import NiNoKuni from Japan or hell even Rayman.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Same ol thing, nothing new here. Sounds, maps, guns and a bunch of people riding for the brand. Time to fire IW and get some new talent. At least Treyarc thought out of the box and actually developed a decent Co-Op game! IW nice try, better luck next time.
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    This tittle is disappointing in all aspects. To start of the multiplayer which is supposed to be at its best according to them is more of a failure not only because gameplay is sluggish and their so called balance just made the game a lot worst and unplayable. Since when can a hand gun one shot you in the hand....since mw3 got here. Leveling system is waaaay to easy, you can reach 1This tittle is disappointing in all aspects. To start of the multiplayer which is supposed to be at its best according to them is more of a failure not only because gameplay is sluggish and their so called balance just made the game a lot worst and unplayable. Since when can a hand gun one shot you in the hand....since mw3 got here. Leveling system is waaaay to easy, you can reach 1 prestige in just 5 hours. Oh and don't feel proud of your first prestige because as soon as you leave the Game for the day, they will reset everything and give a lame excuse that they were unable to receive data of your level. Also don't get me started on the $50 "SCAM" that is cod elite. No double exp. ( so much for the so called 2xexp week debut) no clans, no founder status or anything they said we would receive and to top it off after there HUGE mistake and UNTESTED NON WORKING product they want YOU to give them a 48 hour wait time for this to be fix for when after the 48hrs are over they would have made your $50 in interest in their bank account so they won't give a s*** about you the consumer. So I hope that after this review you invest it in a better company, game and product. Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    There are serious problems with this game. Forget that it looks like MW2 for a second because everyone's saying that. I rather point out strictly the multiplayer. I consider myself a very good COD player with a black ops k/d of 1.5. Not amazing but decent. This game I'm going 7-26 every match. I've gone positive twice out of hundreds of matches. My skills haven't changed but this gameThere are serious problems with this game. Forget that it looks like MW2 for a second because everyone's saying that. I rather point out strictly the multiplayer. I consider myself a very good COD player with a black ops k/d of 1.5. Not amazing but decent. This game I'm going 7-26 every match. I've gone positive twice out of hundreds of matches. My skills haven't changed but this game has. Being killed in THREE bullets no matter the gun means that as soon as you take damage it's a death sentence. And with a mess of kill streaks there seems to be no balance as your pummeled by a million random things making it impossible to keep a "point streak" going in anything other than a support class. (doesn't reset after death.) Your movement speed is awkward as hell. The garbage all over every level makes it difficult to pick people out. And I die a lot. Not because I'm a noob but cuz I feel this game is broken. MW2 was broken with one man army noobtube but did they fix it? Nope. Will they fix this game? Probably not. The way this game is set up is to reward the camper. Because running and gunning isn't possible as you'll lose almost all one on one fights trying to run around. I can't camp. I'm just not that type of player and see no fun in it.

With all my friends who converted to BF3 I held out my judgement and said c'mon guys give this game a chance. COD is fun arcade like fast paced action game. How could they have gone wrong? Well they did. I will be trading this game in next week and I will be waiting for treyarch's black ops 2 hoping that the series that I love isn't completely gone and that a decent about of balance and regular updating that made the game fair, balanced, and fun will return.
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a big Call of Duty fan and I have been playing CoD games since COD2. Overall, I think it is quite obvious by the number of bad reviews that this game is a disappointment. Its a real shame that with all the revenue generated by the CoD series, that no development has gone into any substantial updates.

MW3 did away with any innovation that Blackops brought to the table. It seems all they did was to take MW2 and throw a stupid amount of killstreaks/perks/unlockables at it. The maps are again very disappointing, too tight and maze like. There is a reason why CoD4 is hailed as the best in the series, its simplicity created good gameplay, which neglected the need for silly features. I don't understand how hard it is to look at the maps that people like the most and create more like them. I think that this poor reiteration of an ageing CoD formula is the icing on the cake, people are fed up and want change. In my opinion, take a step back, don't rush to release a new CoD game purely for revenue as it is only going to hurt you in the long run. Instead, look at the feedback from the user base and ask them what they want done differently. Another option would be show us the changes, and get feedback, instead of just pushing it out on release day and hoping for the best.
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    More re-hashed crap, it's sad and very disheartening when companies such as this are so blatently obvious in their scramble to make cash. The game is just about identical to MW2 and Black Ops, hell it even uses the same game engine!
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    I could have sworn that the cover of the box said "MW3", so you can imagine my surprise when I found out it was actually MW2.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game. Cut and paste of mw2. It is so bad, don't even try it out. Barely anything has changed and it sucks. It is just a $60 dollar expansion pack.
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same **** game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehical's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain expirence. The visuals are still comparable to my Playstation 2, voice acting and soundMordern Warfare 3 is the exact same **** game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehical's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain expirence. The visuals are still comparable to my Playstation 2, voice acting and sound of weaponary lack any realness in the game. There really is nothing new that this Game does that makes it worth the plastic it uses Expand
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    After cod4 i think they just gave up. little has been done to make us feel like this game is worth 60$ more like a mini-mod or a dlc for 20$ max. maby if they spent more money on the game it self and not wasting 1mill on **** pr stunts and videos.
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Very much dissatisfied with this game thus far. The MP graphics look identical to MW2 which was a surprise for me. The multiplayer offerings are the usual fare. It seems as though they did not want to risk changing much or adding anything new, and wanted to play it safe. The game plays as well as any of the other COD's out there. My score is indicative not of the content, but the lackVery much dissatisfied with this game thus far. The MP graphics look identical to MW2 which was a surprise for me. The multiplayer offerings are the usual fare. It seems as though they did not want to risk changing much or adding anything new, and wanted to play it safe. The game plays as well as any of the other COD's out there. My score is indicative not of the content, but the lack of ingenuity and impactfulness of this game. It is much more MW2.5 than an actual sequel. I was very bored playing this game the 2nd day and am not sure how much more I will be playing. I have prestiged 7 times in the last 2 COD's, and doubtful I will get close to that this go round. The game is just getting stale.

The end.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    The Call of duty series as a whole has been disgustingly bad since modern warfare one, but this game takes the cake. This isn't a game, this is a movie with 2 minutes of gameplay between every scripted sequence. Honestly, the world would be a better place if the entire FPS genre was dead. There hasn't been a single FPS since Halo one that had any legitimate innovation. Call of Duty modernThe Call of duty series as a whole has been disgustingly bad since modern warfare one, but this game takes the cake. This isn't a game, this is a movie with 2 minutes of gameplay between every scripted sequence. Honestly, the world would be a better place if the entire FPS genre was dead. There hasn't been a single FPS since Halo one that had any legitimate innovation. Call of Duty modern warfare 3 is a prime example of corporate greed overtaking the gaming industry. The fact that this was even released boggles the mind. This game is a clone of every other modern call of duty, with some new textures, different maps, and a different yet equally terrible campaign. The online mode is exactly the same, why would anybody even buy this if they can get the exact same experience in that pile of unimaginative bland shooters that they already own?

Call of Duty tries it best to be something it's not, a good game, but unfortunately falls short in almost every way imaginable. Skip this one at all costs. And before you think about Battle Field 3, that's the EXACT same thing with even more automation.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    One of the worst games I have every played this game brings nothing new to the table its the same game over and over again every year i have no idea how the masses find this game entertaining. And the story how does Russia leap frog over Europe to get from Russia to Germany to France to The UK this is an idiotic story for idiotic people.
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Please do yourself and favor and save your money for a more innovated game or play other cods that have down in price. Gamers sorry to say....its the same game, dont be fooled!!!
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    Same formula, different title. This new edition to the Call of Duty franchise is forgettable and abhorrent. Do not buy this if you have played Black Ops or MW2 as it will give you little to no satisfaction in its entirety.
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a disgrace. The graphics are the same as MW2 and the levels use recycled aspects. Most importantly the online play is absolutely horrendous. Hosting is a huge issue and I have played games where an entire team is goes positive while the other team is completely negative. There is no balance and is clearly the fault of the developers who made a crappy game that was clearlyThis game is a disgrace. The graphics are the same as MW2 and the levels use recycled aspects. Most importantly the online play is absolutely horrendous. Hosting is a huge issue and I have played games where an entire team is goes positive while the other team is completely negative. There is no balance and is clearly the fault of the developers who made a crappy game that was clearly a cash in on a franchise. For the amount of money that went into this game I expect much more. Activision and Infinity Ward should be ashamed for putting out such a half baked product Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    This should have been sent to the recycle bin on the creators desktop. YES everyone it's that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    Sadly, this game is the same old stuff, with some enchancements. Solo campaign is short and lackluster, and the multiplayer mode brings nothing new in general...

Should have been an expansion.... The price asked isn't justified! Poor gamers, they're getting ripped off
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    This engine has been used since Call of Duty 4, with minor graphical tweaks here and there. This is pathetic. No significant improvement since MW2 has happened. Besides for Single player, this is the same game.
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was the BIGGEST piece of **** that I have ever had the misfortune to pay for. It was honestly NOTHING that I haven't seen done bigger, better and more entertaining. Soap dies, and so does Yuri, the main character, all for Mr. Mustache (who is undeniably awesome) to come sailing in to save the **** day. I hope the creators of this game, and all who enjoy it will get eaten andThis game was the BIGGEST piece of **** that I have ever had the misfortune to pay for. It was honestly NOTHING that I haven't seen done bigger, better and more entertaining. Soap dies, and so does Yuri, the main character, all for Mr. Mustache (who is undeniably awesome) to come sailing in to save the **** day. I hope the creators of this game, and all who enjoy it will get eaten and digested alive by a succubus for 10,000 years. Nuff said. Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    First, I want to say I was previously a die- hard cod fan; would buy NO other game. But this, this is just frustrating. The one point I gave is only for the campaign. The multiplayer is trash. EVERY SINGLE MAP is close quarters. You die so quickly, most of the time you can't even see the killer before you are dead. Honestly, one corner after the next. Its whoever sees who first... And ifFirst, I want to say I was previously a die- hard cod fan; would buy NO other game. But this, this is just frustrating. The one point I gave is only for the campaign. The multiplayer is trash. EVERY SINGLE MAP is close quarters. You die so quickly, most of the time you can't even see the killer before you are dead. Honestly, one corner after the next. Its whoever sees who first... And if you thought the spawns in MW2 were bad, you are going to be downright infuriated with this game. You can literally watch a person spawn in front of you, and one second you are facing the enemy spawn and the next they are quiet literally ten feet behind you. Call of Duty was the only game I ever played. I loved Modern Warfare 2. However for this game, I'm getting pretty close to saying I hate it.

Besides maps and spawns, this game is more Like a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 1.8, not even two. If you hadnt ever played number 2 or 3 before, you would have thought mw2 was newer. They were too lazy to even keep Black Ops' changes. They didn't even keep the fact that the amount of points you get off assists depends on the damage you inflict. Its back to a set 20 points again!!! And as for last stand, If you put a person in last stand, and then a teammate kills them from there, that teammate gets the kill! The were soooo dependent on the mw2 format that the didn't even bother going back to make the changes that black ops made for the better.

I always thought Treyarch made the trash call of duties, but Activision, I want them back. Badly.
    ...At least they tried, and I appreciate that... I just feel betrayed on this game...
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrid game. Series has been going backwards since MW1. Only lowbirds still play this **** If you want a real game get bf3 on pc or red orchestra. Might be the worst game in the series period.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    It's using the same engine as the previous titles. Pumping COD games out every year is not the way to go. It may as well be called Modern Warfare 2k11.
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible. same old same old garbage. wake up players. I bought this title with the intention of getting a game that was worth $60. Turns out that it was just a waste of money.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    Hey look a 60 dollar map pack.... returning this crap for skyrim A.S.A.P. you guys killed guitar hero... your killing world of warcraft and now you are running COD into the ground.. typical activision. the difference between this and the last modern warfare 2 is about the same as the difference between madden 2010 and madden 2011... barf..
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    This so called "Best game ever" is nothing more than some whipped up copy and past monstrosity. I can tell just by writing this, I'm going to be labeled a BF3 fanboy by all of the CoD zombies. I'm not. I'm fine with any game unless I play it and it's garbage. This is, and I'm glad I didn't wast 60 dollars and had someone give it to me FOR FREE because of how bad it was. This game might asThis so called "Best game ever" is nothing more than some whipped up copy and past monstrosity. I can tell just by writing this, I'm going to be labeled a BF3 fanboy by all of the CoD zombies. I'm not. I'm fine with any game unless I play it and it's garbage. This is, and I'm glad I didn't wast 60 dollars and had someone give it to me FOR FREE because of how bad it was. This game might as well be some **** DLC pack. The storymode feels like a convoluted, slapped together, rushed out failure that just tries to continue the story when the whole thing will keep you interested if you have the attention span of a microorganism, which is probably equal to the average CoD fanboy. This is what you get when you spend a year to make a game. Sure, they kept it the same because it works. Look at **** Valve though. They took 6 long years AND suffered being hacked, but they gave us Half Life 2, which is only good in the eyes of true gamers whereas CoD fanboys say that it sucks because it doesn't have HD graphics or Iron Sights. Moving right along, it's visibly clear that they just took models and textures from MW1 since they have LOADS of the same building models and textures from MW1. There's little kids who make original models, maps and textures for Garry's Mod, but developers for some big name company are so frigging lazy that they have to reuse the same models from a game they did 4 **** YEARS AGO?! Now, let's move on to the part I dreaded most; the multiplayer.I don't know about you, but I grew up with games like Half Life, Quake, and Counterstrike so I attempt to use that skill that I've accumulated in other games. Well, that's all in vain when it comes down to this asstastrophe, because it's just a mindless **** Example: I start up, and 1 second after spawning, I get pegged in the **** face with a throwing knife. How is that fair? That's cheap **** right there. That's only the beginning when you have people getting frigging choppers raining in a hellstorm of bullets with no way to stop it, people camping and getting continuous kills at your team's spawn, and the most overpowered perks that people got by wasting hours and braincells playing multiplayer. Even worse, when you try to use a sniper the right way by picking a spot and hiding, waiting for a target and a good shot, you get a thousand, prepubescent kids yelling over the mic saying, "YOU HARDSCOPING CAMPER NOOB!" and get the story about how they could quickscope better than me. They even award you for dying multiple times with deathstreaks- ooh yeah. Cheap **** like the ability to Kamikaze people with C4 to the ability to see where the guy murdering you is on the map are only some of them. Why the **** are you rewarding deaths? Dying should encourage you to better yourself, not just get **** kills with explosives. I've even seen little kids who purposely get killed just to get the C4 and get a 6 person kill later on. Speaking of little kids, there's thousands of them in this game, swearing every word in the **** book at everyone. And whatever you do, don't mention ANY OTHER GAMES otherwise you'll get bombarded with rage from everyone else. I just mentioned that I spent more time playing Counter Strike than CoD and the little kids and even some adults were saying "COUNTER STRIKE IS A NOOB GAME, IT SUCKS AND IT'S OLD AND COD IS BETTER, THE GRAPHICS SUCK!". It's almost insulting that they just rage at every other game. And on the topic of CS, the wager matches, A.K.A. Gun Game, was a total rip from CS. But oh "It's an original Idea" says the ****all developer. Thanks **** now whenever gungame and CS are mentioned in the same sentence, CoD fanboys will be the first to say Cs ripped it off when it was made before CoD even existed. So that's my thought on the multiplayer. Just a bunch of ripped off, cheap **** kid infested, garbage fest game modes. The only things left are the spec ops mode and survival, which are just as ****. Spec ops is more like Spec Ass because it's the same **** thing from MW2, which was as equally overrated and overhyped. Survival is fun for about a good hour or so before you lose your interest. It's sad to think that this series went from being pretty fun to being an outright attention whoring game that blinds so many people into thinking it's the best. There's so much more out there to choose from, but instead games are bashed for looking anything like CoD. So my final verdict is that it's a poorly made game and to all of the CoD worshippers out there, I just want to say that it's the same game and that you shouldn't just jump straight to blaming BF3 for everyone's rage and that graphics and Iron sights don't make a better shooter. Expand
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just a revamp of Modern Warfare 2 gone horribly wrong. They took all the good things about Modern Warfare 2 and tossed it into the garbage. However, they kept the terrible components (ie. grotesque hit detection, terrible explosion radius, quick scoping, etc.). They spent so much time working on the graphics that they forgot that mechanics and game-play mattered... Sure, it'sThis game is just a revamp of Modern Warfare 2 gone horribly wrong. They took all the good things about Modern Warfare 2 and tossed it into the garbage. However, they kept the terrible components (ie. grotesque hit detection, terrible explosion radius, quick scoping, etc.). They spent so much time working on the graphics that they forgot that mechanics and game-play mattered... Sure, it's fun to play, when you're 8 years old and have never experienced the true gaming the rest of us are used too. Go and buy a good First-Person Shooter like Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, or one of the other plethora of games that aren't produced by Activision. Expand
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    I already played this game, it was called Modern Warfare 2, and that was a pile of **** too. They really just need to stop with this series and get creative, now I'm not just a CoD hater, I love CoD4 and World at War, and can't forget CoD2.
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolute **** 0/10. Do Not Buy. The developers as bad as the publishers on this one, they're all just bad. The developers also tweeted asking for higher scores, **** them, this piece of crap needs to die, it really does. the entire franchise has been terrible, especially Modern Warfare and up.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    The biggest P.O.S ive ever payed $100 for. (australian) It feel's bad it doesnt look good. its so similar to mw2 it is just wrong. how did this even take a whole year to release its the same game that was made in what 2009? I wouldn't call this a sequel.
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    Same old garbage. Another year, another sub-standard, over-priced corridor shooter from Activision. If you have MW2, then theres no need to buy MW3, as its the same game. Avoid at all costs.
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    Call of Duty Weak Warfare, same mutton dressed up as lamb, like going to Thailand, finding the girl of your dreams and waking up with a lady boy and finding you're the one who has been screwed
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game. It seems more like an addon to MW2 than a brand new game. This is a game that's probably better rented than bought. Took less than 12 hours to finish the single player on the hardest difficulty. Multiplayer is pretty much more of the same action as before. The game basically equates to an xp wipe for multiplayer with a few minor changes. Of course nowI'm very disappointed with this game. It seems more like an addon to MW2 than a brand new game. This is a game that's probably better rented than bought. Took less than 12 hours to finish the single player on the hardest difficulty. Multiplayer is pretty much more of the same action as before. The game basically equates to an xp wipe for multiplayer with a few minor changes. Of course now you have the ability to spend another 50 dollars for some additional multiplayer perks and maps. Expand
  85. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is pure fail, graphics are old, if someone who loves cod go's and plays the game called two worlds they would comment n how bad the graphics are...there the same year engine! And them mp is boring with bad maps. Just a total fail game. At least now people are starting to realise. It's just a cash cow with nothing new. When a sexual comes out it HAS to be an improvement or thisThis game is pure fail, graphics are old, if someone who loves cod go's and plays the game called two worlds they would comment n how bad the graphics are...there the same year engine! And them mp is boring with bad maps. Just a total fail game. At least now people are starting to realise. It's just a cash cow with nothing new. When a sexual comes out it HAS to be an improvement or this kind of thing happens.... Or should I just get a marker pen and write the number 2 in my Beverly hills cop 3 DVD and just pretend that's it's an improvement from the 2nd. Call me a hater and your blind! Look at my other reviews, I used to like cod and I have also given bf3 a bad review. If a game company doesn't put serious work to update a game, not just single player and a game mode it should be worth the money that they get in profit. Or should be be paying the £40 for any old game and then when a "top title" comes out it should be £42.99 emm NO! Bad games that fall to a serious price drop should not be the £40 price anyway, and then high street stores rip you off even more. Shame though as my gamestation has stacks of mw3 left that you could build a child's fort out of. Anyway cod is nothing but a cash label now. It brings some serious hype everyyear with the name only. Some of the reasons why, it used to be really good, kids will hype there friends, teenagers want to seem cool, adults just want a shooting game. And when a company does well it wants to stay at that level for as long as it can. But think of it this way, if coca-cola want to try new flavours like cherry and lemon etc etc, when one of the flavours suck sooooo bad they cant just wack out coca-cola in a "strawberry" flavour can. It's the same ingredients as the last 4 cod games before it, when you take away the same graphics, the same story, the same mp experience, the same weapons with a new name, the same dated textures, the same easy 4 hour story, the same stupid ott missions, all that's left is a white picture with a man holding a gun on the display case. And if that's worth paying full price for then troll on this comment, because we both know that I'm right! Expand
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    Its like Deju vu all over again. its basically the same as MW2 which was the same as MW. Try something new Infinity ward!! or whoever developed this game...
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    The single player is awesome!!! The multiplayer sucks!!! I purchased this game for multiplayer. I look at the kill cam and none of my rounds are hitting, yet I was dead aim on my screen. Spawn camping is back! I put a 150+ hrs into Blk Ops. . . I was praying that this crap would have been fixed. WTF!!!!!
    Pro-reviewers have a mental problem! It took freaking 3 hours to adjust my internet settings because of stop p2p , not dedicated servers, crap. Crap that allows hackers to destroy the experience!
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    Critics will rave about the game like they do every year. Gamers will buy it and rave about the game like they do every year. Bobby Kotick laugh while stroking his cat in front of a fireplace like he does every year. Infinity Ward will get back to brainstorming up a storyline that is even more nonsensical than the last one and copying and pasting code from COD4. But how long must thisCritics will rave about the game like they do every year. Gamers will buy it and rave about the game like they do every year. Bobby Kotick laugh while stroking his cat in front of a fireplace like he does every year. Infinity Ward will get back to brainstorming up a storyline that is even more nonsensical than the last one and copying and pasting code from COD4. But how long must this go on? If someone critizises the game for being the same old thing, fanboys will shout about how the game is perfect and how it doesnt need to be changed, but honestly, if the game is perfect already, why even bother making a new one? I feel dirty for wasting my money on this franchise again. Expand
  89. Nov 12, 2011
    When you put this against Battlefield 3 ....battlefield will take it every time bc they had the guts to innovate and come up with some of the best graphics and best multiplayer ever! But modern warfares campaign was amazing and kept me interested and on the edge of my seat. If you compare MW3 by its self it is a solid game but it feels like an expansion of mw2. Very disappointed infinityWhen you put this against Battlefield 3 ....battlefield will take it every time bc they had the guts to innovate and come up with some of the best graphics and best multiplayer ever! But modern warfares campaign was amazing and kept me interested and on the edge of my seat. If you compare MW3 by its self it is a solid game but it feels like an expansion of mw2. Very disappointed infinity ward. Very disappointed! Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    I can`t believe that Activision can make record breaking sales on a game that has next to no innovation since Modern Warfare 2. The part that really baffles me is that IW claims to have started working on this game within a couple weeks after the release of MW2, yet after 2 years they have accomplished barely anything. The running animations make me LOL too, so glad I picked BF3 up insteadI can`t believe that Activision can make record breaking sales on a game that has next to no innovation since Modern Warfare 2. The part that really baffles me is that IW claims to have started working on this game within a couple weeks after the release of MW2, yet after 2 years they have accomplished barely anything. The running animations make me LOL too, so glad I picked BF3 up instead of this game. Good buy COD, hopefully this will end the genre Expand
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new.Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new. Everything is just the same, they just make these games for money seriously... Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2011
    i gave this a 3.1 as its just a mash up of WaW levels and previous Modern Warfare, give that the facial graphics are better other then that its just a botch job to be honest, and the MP is just MW2 and MW1 maps rehashed and tweaked
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    Despite being a long time fan of call of duty I couldn't take this any more. modern warfare 3 has degraded into an overrated cash cow and a copy and paste of previous titles. Save your precious money by not buying this worthless game.
  94. Nov 13, 2011
    I will never stop asking, is this a dlc of the previous game or not. Same engine, same graphics. Why even buy a game that never updates, always the same, a bunch of hackers and a bad system called VAC...
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    All the negative user reviews really speak for the quality of this game. I have been an avid follower of CoD games like many others and MW franchise really impressed me the first time around and even MW2 was an improvement in terms of storytelling and epic scale battles. I guess everything has its peak and MW2 was definitely the peak of this franchise. MW3 felt bland with no innovationsAll the negative user reviews really speak for the quality of this game. I have been an avid follower of CoD games like many others and MW franchise really impressed me the first time around and even MW2 was an improvement in terms of storytelling and epic scale battles. I guess everything has its peak and MW2 was definitely the peak of this franchise. MW3 felt bland with no innovations compared to its predecssors and the plot couldn't be more linear and straight forward. There are no choices that will change the gaming experience the second time around. The original guys who quit from Infinity Ward must be laughing at the quality of this game. I would highly recommend skipping this if you haven't bought it yet. I wish I could ge a refund. Expand
  96. Nov 13, 2011
    mw3 is a fun game to play, don't get me wrong; but it feels more like an expansion pack than a new game. I feel as if the creators of the game really half assed this one. Most, if not all of the callsign titles and emblems are recycled from mw2. Most of the guns are the same, or slight variants on those from mw2. The only good thing I can say about this game that is new is the survivalmw3 is a fun game to play, don't get me wrong; but it feels more like an expansion pack than a new game. I feel as if the creators of the game really half assed this one. Most, if not all of the callsign titles and emblems are recycled from mw2. Most of the guns are the same, or slight variants on those from mw2. The only good thing I can say about this game that is new is the survival mode. Someone called this game mw2.5, and I couldnt agree more.Same game. Bought the hardened edition and I feel like I was ripped off. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2011
    Felt Like I played the original Modern warfare from the start. Minimum effort was put into creating this game. I will trading this in for ANYTHING else. Waste of money.
  98. Nov 13, 2011
    This is literally a cut and paste with new maps. It's overpriced dlc and that's about it. Save yourself the time and money and dust off your old copy of MW:2 or COD4. DO NOT SUPPORT this rushed, uninspired garbage!
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the same old COD! There is nothing new, other then few modification and a rubbish story. Why they don't sale these as DLCs (oh! wait it's money I forget). I loved COD 4. It had something new, something refreshing and now MW2, MW3 is nothing but just a Copy and Paste. If this is the future of FPS then this is very sad..
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    This game, while it is essentially another CoD game, sucks. Yes, they used old elements in the game. Yes, they changed very minor details. However, they didn't change anything for the better. The Campaign and Special Ops portions of the game are great. They are really nice, with good delivery and challenge. The multiplayer, arguably the biggest part of the game, is what I have a problemThis game, while it is essentially another CoD game, sucks. Yes, they used old elements in the game. Yes, they changed very minor details. However, they didn't change anything for the better. The Campaign and Special Ops portions of the game are great. They are really nice, with good delivery and challenge. The multiplayer, arguably the biggest part of the game, is what I have a problem with. They brought in new guns and perks, gun levels, and gun perks. Those are all very good. But, some of the new guns are extremely over-powered. The game has been sped up to make it better for people who like to rush in. There is very little strategy involved, especially in the modes of Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed. The only strategy there is "look here, look there, try not to get shot, and kill enemies as fast as possible". This game is really built for the types of players who want to race to see who can get the best score, the fastest. The last part is what I have a problem with. It also seems like the maps have been made more compact, with shorter ranges of sight requiring faster reactions and higher sensitivities. In addition with the fact that players move more quickly, this makes the game frustratingly fast-paced. It's so sped up, in fact, that the fire-rate on most of the automatic weapons makes it seem like someone hit you once and killed you. This is a step down from the level of Black Ops. It's probably even worse than MW2. I suggest to anyone considering getting this game to take little stock in the "critics" who gave this game high scores, and instead listen to the actual players. Instead of this game, get Skyrim, Saints the Third, Battlefield 3, or something else that you find interesting, because this game is not worth a $60 investment. Expand

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.