Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360

3.4

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Developers begging for help with community ratings, people raging on forums, Youtube, and gaming sites such as this one. All of this was very foreseeable and has simply made me happy that I got this game for free from a friend who can't play it anymore after his PS3 broke (little sister poured milk on it :P).

The main problem with Call of Duty is the constant use of the same exact

The main problem with Call of Duty is the constant use of the same exact gameplay with close to no changes in each sequel. Now, you might be saying, "Well if Call of Duty made a huge innovation many people wouldn't be happy!" and you would be right. However, there is a solution to this. Stop. Making. New. CODS. The series is already on its eight title, and has failed to make large changes since the fourth one. Even worse, the only good change since the first one is the graphics. The major change in call of duty 4 was the addition of class customization. However, it's safe to say this wasn't a good change. I'm not saying that Russians shouldn't be using M4A1s, and that Americans shouldn't use an AK-47, like how it is in Battlefield 3. Call of Duty isn't meant to be realistic. If it was realistic, no one should be running around with a 30 pound sniper rifle faster than with a 10 pound light machine gun. However, the problem with all of this customization is that due to the serious lack of limits, players are free to exploit a single imbalance with the correct customization kits, forcing everyone to use the exact same class if they want to play a fair game. In battlefield 3, with the exception of a certain scope (which is being fixed soon anyway), the limitations on our customizations balance the game quite a bit.
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    I was a BIG fan of cod4 and mw2 but the shine has definitely worn off for me with mw3. Pretty much everything felt the same as the previous COD games. The kill animations were still rag doll, the same sounds, the same non-destructable environments with the same measly amount of environmental bullet damage. How cool could it have been to pull out your light machine gun and totally shred theI was a BIG fan of cod4 and mw2 but the shine has definitely worn off for me with mw3. Pretty much everything felt the same as the previous COD games. The kill animations were still rag doll, the same sounds, the same non-destructable environments with the same measly amount of environmental bullet damage. How cool could it have been to pull out your light machine gun and totally shred the environment? Instead we have same same superficial bullet holes that guns made back in COD4. How cool would it have been to have dynamic environments? You air strike a building and then have 3 different types of rubbled building that would appear in its place for the remainder of the game. How cool would it have been to shoot somebody and have them fall off a ledge and come crashing down with a THUMP in a cloud of dust or nail them with a shotgun and have them fly backwards crashing into a table or wall? But no, we're stuck with the same old 1997 animations.

The maps were probably the biggest disappointment. There wasn't one pure sniper map in the game (nothing even close to wasteland, afghan, or derail). The maps didn't seem to cater to team games (having your team pinned down in a firefight with the other team); they were all just run around solo and get shot in the back. In cod4 especially, it seemed like there was a sense of friendly and enemy territory and I found myself respawning with my team who were engaged in battle a lot. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everyone got UAV so there was a better sense of where the enemy was. IDK, i'm starting to ramble...

In short, I just thought they needed to innovate more instead of relying on the same old engine.
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    The Modern Warfare games were once innovative and interesting, but this is simply a copy and paste of Modern Warfare 2, with absolutely no saving grace. The story is predictable, the graphics are unchanged, the gameplay is identical, and the story is boring. Unless something is done, this game could be one of the final nails in the first person shooter genre.
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    This year, even more so than last I have been extremely let down by COD. The maps are so poorly constructed that at you are open to attack from several angles AT ALL TIMEs due to the abundance of tight corners and back passages. This forces you to roll in a pack and or get gunned down as soon as you let off a round exposing your position. I realsie they did this to stop camping but itsThis year, even more so than last I have been extremely let down by COD. The maps are so poorly constructed that at you are open to attack from several angles AT ALL TIMEs due to the abundance of tight corners and back passages. This forces you to roll in a pack and or get gunned down as soon as you let off a round exposing your position. I realsie they did this to stop camping but its merely does this at the cost of playablity. You basically find yourself FORCED to roll with a pack of noobish amauters mindlesy avenging the death of d guy next to you while your enemy does the same. IT JUST ONE BIG CLUSTER **** like me you play alone this is doubly anoying as you want to go your own way but realsie this means at best getting one kill before being shot in the back. Infinity Ward have apparently suufered the loss of several key members of their team causing them to bring in Sledgehammer Games to compensate. They Failed! Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2011
    You would think that after six years they would at least have made a new graphics engine. The game is almost the same as Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, except for some maps, perks and a new killstreak system. How about some real originality, huh? Seriously, if you want a good shooter, buy Battlefield 3.
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    This was a Great game when it 1st came out, but sadly everything that was done in the last few year could have all been done in patches and really there is nothing new to keep me there i fill like i am paying money for MW1.3
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    almost no new innovation. Pathetic, clumsy, small maps full of wall hacks...ability to play this game with any sort of strategy has been reduced to running in organised running around in giant circles. Perks and customizations have been reduced to forced choices instead of full customization. The spawning is by far the worst I have seen yet...you can't ever clear an area because the gamealmost no new innovation. Pathetic, clumsy, small maps full of wall hacks...ability to play this game with any sort of strategy has been reduced to running in organised running around in giant circles. Perks and customizations have been reduced to forced choices instead of full customization. The spawning is by far the worst I have seen yet...you can't ever clear an area because the game will almost guarenteed spawn a bad guy behind you or you walk around the corner to shot one guy just as the game re-spawns 4 of his teammates on you. Rockets you have shot before you die still seem to vanish in mid air. You still get killed ten feet after making it around the corner when running from bullets...Server Snyching still is atroucious...Kill cams almost never resemble what you saw on your screen when you were killed...Shotguns still do ridiculous amounts of damage from 30 feet away, but assault rifles often can't take down a target with out using the full clip. Quick scoping the stupidest thing ever allowed to exist. Airsupport that you can't take down even when you are equipped to do so. Hit detection is weak at best. Being able to charge through bullets to knife or shoot....just an all around disappontment. More of the same. Most of my friends have already gone back to playing MW2, COD4, an even BF2. I have always held Infinity Ward in a much hirer regard than Trearch...and after Black Ops I said never again will I buy a trearch release...but I have to tell you, MW3 is about as bad as Black Ops...maybe you guys should do your homework better next time and actually go out and ask people what it is they really want and what they really don't want, because this pile of dung is a fail. Expand
  8. Dec 28, 2011
    wow, this game is... HORSE **** i mean its more like mw2.1. cod4=badass, still play, mw2=kinda good, mw3=wtf. EXACT same game engine and graphics as MW2, more like a goddamn expansion if you ask me, or the millions of dissapointed users. the only good thing i found was to find out what happened to all the main characters, and even for that i couldve watched a youtube video.
  9. Jan 25, 2012
    Oh how the gods have fallen. I remember back in the day when a game from Infinity Ward meant a game carefully crafted, and sure to keep even casual gamers at the edge of their seats. Well, this couldn't be further from reality with Infinity Ward's latest installment. From the get go, Modern Warfare 3 feels like a bad case of deja-vu - graphics and gameplay deviate little from what we'veOh how the gods have fallen. I remember back in the day when a game from Infinity Ward meant a game carefully crafted, and sure to keep even casual gamers at the edge of their seats. Well, this couldn't be further from reality with Infinity Ward's latest installment. From the get go, Modern Warfare 3 feels like a bad case of deja-vu - graphics and gameplay deviate little from what we've seen in previous installments, go from point a to point b, shoot what moves along the way. What's worse, the campaign is even more forgettable than ever. No innovation in terms of plot twists or gameplay mechanics, just a straight line from start to finish. Even what was meant to be the most emotional moment in the game seemed trivial and pointless, especially after the events of the previous game. The campaign is over in a flash, and thank goodness; The less time spent playing this garbage, the better.

What about the multiplayer, you ask? Just as boring and forgettable as the campaign. If you want good multiplayer, this is the last place you should look.
  10. Apr 7, 2012
    This game is horrible I think the multiplayer sucks just like the single player. Only thing I did like was survival mode it becomes boring about in one hour. I think its just like Modern Warfare 2 there is no difference except the weapons.
  11. Apr 8, 2012
    I've been playing COD since day one on the PC. MW 2 and MW 3 are the most disappointing games in the series. MW 3 even makes COD 3 look like and decent game. Leave it to Activision to ruin a great FPS franchise and a Developing company in the process.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    same graphics of call of duty modern warfare 2 . MW3 his real name MW2.5 ugly sound this game is a piece of sh*t online is horrible too bah don't wasted your money on this game
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    game is just **** It is a copy of the other 10,000 COD titles. It is the most poopy game in existence. If you bought this game you are a retard. What has changed on this cod? Why would you buy cod when battlefield is a million times better?
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    Worthless game. Honestly just a repackaged Modern Warfare 2 with a few different guns. What a waste of $60. Battlefield 3 might struggle on the campaign, but the multiplayer is so much more innovative and fair. The spawns aren't awful like this game either.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY MATCHES LAST 2 MINUTES? KILLSTREAKS FTW? THIS GAME SUCKS. seriosuly though. not anywhere near the expectations set for GOTY. I love CoD, but Battlefield 3 IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Packaging up the same game with different levels for the same price as the last 3 times, is ridiculous. SHAME for thinking the consumer will put up with this. They couldn't be spinning their wheels harder, if they tried.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    This game feels like they took out the bs of MW2, kept the bs from Black Ops, added more bs to the game. The hit detection is as bad as it was in Black Ops, I literally felt like from that point of view I was sold Black Ops again. The maps look like they took a bunch of random objects and put it in the design program and hit "build me a map", these by far are the worst maps in Call of DutyThis game feels like they took out the bs of MW2, kept the bs from Black Ops, added more bs to the game. The hit detection is as bad as it was in Black Ops, I literally felt like from that point of view I was sold Black Ops again. The maps look like they took a bunch of random objects and put it in the design program and hit "build me a map", these by far are the worst maps in Call of Duty history. Because the maps are generally smaller and not well thought out, I find myself constantly getting a kill and dying right after because of the numerous ways you can be flanked from almost any position of the map/. Also, the campers were in the game from Day 2 and it was worse than Black Ops because the maps are so poorly balanced that you can't fight your way back up the map if you don't have upper ground, all they do is camp you to the point in Domination where you can't even make a push to an uphill flag, and these players that did this to me had common sense and an ability to hold down LT and RT, which is all all you need to do to. Not to mention, it's easier to camp because of the cluster of random things put on every map that you can head glitch over and the guns are back to killing in 3 or 4 shots. Kill confirmed, a game that I thought would prevent camping, has already catered to people who don't even go for the tags and just sit and camp the dog tags to get a good k/d. By Day 2 I just had enough and returned it. Oh and I didn't even mention is basically a DLC pack, but to me that wasn't even biggest problem, i looked at what I saw in the "new game" presented in front of me. Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2011
    Very very disappointed. I expected Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games to innovate on what was once one of the greatest franchises of all time. Instead they decided to churn out the same junk from last year and the year before. I'm just in shock they would let this franchise die such a horrible death. The weapon sound effects are the same, rank up sounds same, kill streak menus the sameVery very disappointed. I expected Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games to innovate on what was once one of the greatest franchises of all time. Instead they decided to churn out the same junk from last year and the year before. I'm just in shock they would let this franchise die such a horrible death. The weapon sound effects are the same, rank up sounds same, kill streak menus the same and the main menu is also exactly the same as Modern Warfare 2. Graphics have barley had a tune up. Thing don't look better just more glossy. As if everything in the world of Call of Duty is colored with Candy paint. The Campaign was a let down as well, I expected an epic climax to the story instead i got lead down a straight path to at the end, push keys it told me to, and with such dated graphics it just looks so cheesy. Theres no variety to multiplayer either. Basically its every man for himself. Everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off. In my opinion this game also takes no skill to play. The weapons significantly lack recoil making it very, very easy to aim and by aim i mean spray rounds everywhere because you wont be bumped off target. Not worth 60 dollars, hell not worth 20 dollars. I'm no fanboy, just a very disappointed gamer. Expand
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    Same game different year, nothing really new on a franchise that Activision is running dry like they did with Guitar Hero. Seriously how can people keep playing something they played last year and the year before that.
  20. Nov 9, 2011
    okay sooo lets get started. MW3 i have played the multiplayer, but haven't completed the campaign. Starting the online experience, it was horrible i agree infinity ward did some changes, but they're all bad changes. sprinting is way slower, and leaves very little sprint capacity. PERKS is also terrible i understand stopping power because its an easy kill, but the rest is really worthless iokay sooo lets get started. MW3 i have played the multiplayer, but haven't completed the campaign. Starting the online experience, it was horrible i agree infinity ward did some changes, but they're all bad changes. sprinting is way slower, and leaves very little sprint capacity. PERKS is also terrible i understand stopping power because its an easy kill, but the rest is really worthless i really didnt care what kind of perk i get. also the weapons are EXTREMELY easy to handle even the LMG's are very easy to get kills.graphics in my opinion it really looked like they down graded alittle bit i comepare it to COD 4 its sorta the same. COD modern warefare 2 graphics was an emprovement. i'am ashamed to say i bought this game but it only costed me 16.00 out of my pocket. im very tired of COD making new ones every year its anoying next year new COD by treyarch!!! whoopeeee! -_- COD jst really dosent want to lose they're reputation but they already have one. COD are infamously known for they're noob tubing and camping. like i tell everyone COD WAS great but now its like a CANCER slowly but surely its gonna die. i will stick to my BATTLEFIELD 3 and gonna sell this game to get assassin's creed revelations. everyone stop promoting this dying game its over COD ur time has come up. let DICE take over as the KING OF FPS!!!!! you know im right. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2011
    This game should be DLC at best. Nothing special, but it does take some of the good things about its predecessors COD4 and MW2. Quick scoping is also back much to my chagrin. Main gripe is the maps, there is little to no open areas so legitimate snipers will be let down and controllable air killstreaks won't help out as much. The only great things about this game is the two player co-opThis game should be DLC at best. Nothing special, but it does take some of the good things about its predecessors COD4 and MW2. Quick scoping is also back much to my chagrin. Main gripe is the maps, there is little to no open areas so legitimate snipers will be let down and controllable air killstreaks won't help out as much. The only great things about this game is the two player co-op and its story (somewhat). This game is NOT worth $60 unless you're a die hard COD fan. Wait til the price drops or if necessary, just rent it. Expand
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    Extremely disappointing and lazy game development from the same graphical dated graphical engine to the HUDs, sounds and the gameplay formula. Multiplayer? Same over years. No strategy, only shoot ...
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    I really wanted to like this game. Despite all the hate it got pre-release, I enjoyed MW2 when it came out and I wanted to have that kind of fun again with this one. Unfortunately, I was met with the disappointment that is this game. The singleplayer story is part of what I loved about the first 2 games, but in this one, they just copy what seemed to be awesome in the other games and hopeI really wanted to like this game. Despite all the hate it got pre-release, I enjoyed MW2 when it came out and I wanted to have that kind of fun again with this one. Unfortunately, I was met with the disappointment that is this game. The singleplayer story is part of what I loved about the first 2 games, but in this one, they just copy what seemed to be awesome in the other games and hope that it's as effective here. What ends up happening is formulaic levels with absolutely no emotional involvement because you've seen it all before, not only in the previous games, but in the level you just played. The story is garbage and doesn't invest you in the characters like the previous games did. The multiplayer seems like an exact copy/paste except without good maps, class balancing, or meaningful gameplay. It seems as though no real thought was put into this game other than putting as much stuff in it as possible without thinking how it would affect the experience. The maps are small, unorganized, and frustrating to manoeuver compared to the maps in MW2 which had a good layout with strategic points that worked well with all gamemodes. Even after a few hours of playing online trying to force myself to get used to it and enjoy it, I still couldn't seem to like it. I bought this at the midnight launch hoping I would enjoy it as much as MW2 but I was frustrated by the mp right away and then was later disappointed by the sp. I'm trading this in within a week of buying it. Severely disappointed. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Anyone who says they're not disappointed with this game is either unfamiliar with previous call of duty games and unaware of the level of expectations they command, or is a COD fanboy who will never admit their game is flawed. You already know what everyone is saying (outdated engine, mp levels are boring and repetitive, etc.) and they're saying it because it's true. By far the mostAnyone who says they're not disappointed with this game is either unfamiliar with previous call of duty games and unaware of the level of expectations they command, or is a COD fanboy who will never admit their game is flawed. You already know what everyone is saying (outdated engine, mp levels are boring and repetitive, etc.) and they're saying it because it's true. By far the most disappointed I've ever been with a video game purchase. Maybe it's because the expectations were so high, but they knew that going in.akes you wish Activision hadn't gutted IW. SLedgehammer should be ashamed of this product. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    So once again we have that familiar feeling of same you know what, different name. Well, slightly different name anyway. I think it's reasonable to say that this franchise is the main reason a large portion of the gaming community dreads reading the word "sequel". There is, however, a silver lining here. A decent number of multiplayer games are once again safe from annoying little moronsSo once again we have that familiar feeling of same you know what, different name. Well, slightly different name anyway. I think it's reasonable to say that this franchise is the main reason a large portion of the gaming community dreads reading the word "sequel". There is, however, a silver lining here. A decent number of multiplayer games are once again safe from annoying little morons with no taste in games and only a desperate need to be seen as making the "popular" choice. Anyway, don't buy it, it's rubbish. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    All I can say is WOW. I have never been as disappointed with a game release as I am with MW3. It's same thing we've seen over and over. Little to no innovation at all! Infinity Ward is just milking the series for as much money as they can. It's sad. The maps are horrendous. The game play is subbpar. Campaign mode is a joke. It's Modern Warfare 2.5 is what it is. This game feels like itAll I can say is WOW. I have never been as disappointed with a game release as I am with MW3. It's same thing we've seen over and over. Little to no innovation at all! Infinity Ward is just milking the series for as much money as they can. It's sad. The maps are horrendous. The game play is subbpar. Campaign mode is a joke. It's Modern Warfare 2.5 is what it is. This game feels like it should a map pack instead of its own video game. You would think that Infinity Ward would step their game up and make some major upgrades to game play, graphics, game mechanics, MP etc.. ever since BF3 was announced. BUT NOPE. Not in this game. Taking it back to the store for a full refund today. Thanks for nothing Infinity Wart. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    Seriously disappointed with this game. It shows that "too much of the same is not always a good thing." The engine is really showing its age, the chaos that went on with Infinity Ward has defiantly scared the creativity. The story was very muddled by repetitious combat and uninspired level design, MP was ok but the maps were too small and felt like a giant **** zone.

It is time for an

It is time for an upgrade! I used to love the series lots, but now I am indifferent.
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    Awful game. They did nothing from MW2. At least MW2 had better maps, these maps are awful. There are no choke points so people spawn all over the place and you get killed by someone that spawned right behind you! HAD THEY HAD A BETA MAYBE SOME OF THESE BUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED! AWFUL GAME. The only people that are liking it are casual gamers that do not play often! FIX THE SPAWNS!Awful game. They did nothing from MW2. At least MW2 had better maps, these maps are awful. There are no choke points so people spawn all over the place and you get killed by someone that spawned right behind you! HAD THEY HAD A BETA MAYBE SOME OF THESE BUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED! AWFUL GAME. The only people that are liking it are casual gamers that do not play often! FIX THE SPAWNS! I had a KDR of 2.5 in CoD 4, MW2, Black Ops and now its at a 1.5 because of all the spawn killing. Absolute garbage. Did anyone even test the game? Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is total crap....if you want a real game without having to deal with pubescent a-hole lag cheaters - BF3 is it!!!!!!!!The graphics are the same old same old ...dated and looking like crap. With the run of the newer games like Gears 3, BF3, Skyrim and Batman that have amazing and polished graphics, MW3 doesn't hold a light to any of these. The marketing machine has worked for theThis game is total crap....if you want a real game without having to deal with pubescent a-hole lag cheaters - BF3 is it!!!!!!!!The graphics are the same old same old ...dated and looking like crap. With the run of the newer games like Gears 3, BF3, Skyrim and Batman that have amazing and polished graphics, MW3 doesn't hold a light to any of these. The marketing machine has worked for the hype and sales - but it also shows how stupid we as gamers can be manipulated into thinking that something is "great" when in actuality it is sub-par when compared to the previous list. Stop buying into the hype people...and start thinking for yourself. This franchise has run its course with the way it has been doing things since MW2 - it is time that we -as gamers - stand up and demand better for our money. MW3 is recycled garbage and if you like recycled garbage then certainly buy it - but if you want fresh and amazing go with Battlefield 3 - you won't be disappointed. Expand
  30. Nov 9, 2011
    I hate it just because there are so many great games out this year and people throw there money awy for an expansion pack. Yes I have played it and yes it feels like a new mappack
  31. Wow
    Nov 10, 2011
    What the hell is this? I brought this game for $90 AUD and all i get is a horrible single player experience with a unoriginal plot and it only lasted 3 - 4 hours. But the worst aspect is the multiplayer experience. Its a joke, Almost nothing has changed. Gameplay is extremely similar to Modern Warfare 2 many of the old killstreaks remain in the game. Animations have literally beenWhat the hell is this? I brought this game for $90 AUD and all i get is a horrible single player experience with a unoriginal plot and it only lasted 3 - 4 hours. But the worst aspect is the multiplayer experience. Its a joke, Almost nothing has changed. Gameplay is extremely similar to Modern Warfare 2 many of the old killstreaks remain in the game. Animations have literally been copy and pasted. Gun sounds are extremely similar also. The game engine has not changed what so ever. Graphics are a carbon copy of the previous installment. Maps aren't exactly amazing also. This is a classic money grab. Do not buy this game you WILL regret it.

Graphics - 3 (Compared to many games on the market this fairs poorly what would you expect with a lack of innovation)

Gameplay - 3 (Exactly the same as Modern warfare 2. While that gameplay was alright for a period it already feels old)

Sound - 1 ( Almost all the sound is the same from Modern warfare 2. Gun sounds, Ambient noise and the various explosions sound exactly the same. They weren't great to begin with.)

Overall - 2 - A game like this HAS to get slammed for this type of behavior. This is clearly a money grab by Activision. We all knew it would be a copy from Modern warfare 2 but i don't think anyone thought it would be even this bad. This game deserves a 2 for its complete lack of Innovation.
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    The game feels like an expansion, with a hefty price tag. There are a couple minor tweaks here and there but nothing revolutionary. The single player was way to short. I will probably trade this game in within a month.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 is boring, I am sooo glad I paid $60 for MW2.5. The campaign is horribly boring, I quit half way through because I have better games to play. This season has too many good games to waste your time on this one.
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? THE SAME GAME?? **** this **** I've already played this kinds of game before, I'm not playing a COD game until they offer some NEW mechanics...
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    VERY disappointed. I didn't think this game was worth the price of a new game. There is really not much new about it. Same crap as MW2. I'm done with CoD
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    I've played this for a few hours. Nothing new, no chances taken. It feels just the same as MW2 and not in a good way. I don't want to pay for the same game twice just to have a 3 instead of a 2 on the logo.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game, different title. While I'm actually embarassed I bought this, i'm even more embarassed I put faith in it that it would be even remotely good and bought the $300 Turtle Beach MW3 "Delta" headset along with the game. Oh well, at least I got a badass headset out of all this.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    I was looking forward to this so much, and it was greatly disappointing. The single player, although predictable, is good. There are lots of explosions and stuff going on all around, but its still the same old thing. go here, breech this and run into this alley. The worst part is that its just a re skin of MW2. If I wanted to play MW2 I would play MW2. Even the multiplayer menu isI was looking forward to this so much, and it was greatly disappointing. The single player, although predictable, is good. There are lots of explosions and stuff going on all around, but its still the same old thing. go here, breech this and run into this alley. The worst part is that its just a re skin of MW2. If I wanted to play MW2 I would play MW2. Even the multiplayer menu is the same. People camp harder in these small bland maps, the aiming sucks and most of all, there are no changes from MW2. The kill streaks are different, but not better. They are just different. I find my self getting bored of the repetitiveness of the game in about 5 min. Spawn, get s pawn killed. Respawn and go find the guy who spawn killed you in a corner, kill him and die again. Repeat. I know its a continuation of the story and they can not create a whole new setting and all, but it really feels like they didn't even try. And now i hear that there will be at least 9 DLC map packs, this only goes to show that they only care about our money and not our gaming experience. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    Activisions new goal, do less and bank on it. Charge 59$ for hardly any changes on their engine, then 40$ a year for Elite? A year? Wow, its sad the gaming industry is turing into a "lets make the shareholders super happy by ripping off gamers" Same old game. Ill stick with Battlefield 3. Squads, vehicles, and blowing stuff up!
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    I borrowed this from a friend for about a good 30 minutes before realizing that I may as well have been playing MW2. Nothing. Has. Changed.The fact that they can get away with this is appalling, but it pisses me off. I played the multiplayer and about 5 minutes of the survival and you know what? It sucks. Don't get it!
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    wow ive never wasted my money so stupidly since I bought a 100$ hooker. seriously guys if your going to get this game wait till the next REAL one... not some recycled piece of ****
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    ¿89 de 100? Es una copia de MW 2 y, apurando un poco, MW1. Como mucho se merece un aprobado. Juego al COD desde los inicios y soy seguidor de la serie, pero no puedo darle más de un 1 porque me esperaba algo más por los 70 euros que hemos pagado. Igual a cambio de 30 euros le hubiese dado dicho 5, pero vamos, esto es un pitorreo. Solo hay que jugar¿89 de 100? Es una copia de MW 2 y, apurando un poco, MW1. Como mucho se merece un aprobado. Juego al COD desde los inicios y soy seguidor de la serie, pero no puedo darle más de un 1 porque me esperaba algo más por los 70 euros que hemos pagado. Igual a cambio de 30 euros le hubiese dado dicho 5, pero vamos, esto es un pitorreo. Solo hay que jugar un rato al multijugador para ver cómo se repiten objetos y edificios de entregas anteriores sin rubor y sin apenas mejora. ¿Ah sí? Pues no se merecen más nota por mi parte. Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    MW2 and Black Ops add on map pack at best. Hit detection poor along with bad respawn locations. Close quarter combat feels like everyone is just running circles around the map. Clunky menus and poor layout of perks and leveling system......Horrible game unless you have never played a COD game ever before.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 Dev Begs for Help With Low Metacritic User Score, So i decided to sign up and write this. you have ruined what could have been great, lets list what's wrong, Not like you could not read the forums and see everyone complaining. 1. Small maps, 2. messed up spawn system 3. net code is crap I have a fibre optic connection and I get slammed by 2 bar 3 bar people, 4. replay theatre is 1000MW3 Dev Begs for Help With Low Metacritic User Score, So i decided to sign up and write this. you have ruined what could have been great, lets list what's wrong, Not like you could not read the forums and see everyone complaining. 1. Small maps, 2. messed up spawn system 3. net code is crap I have a fibre optic connection and I get slammed by 2 bar 3 bar people, 4. replay theatre is 1000 times better in Black Ops, the list keeps going. You said that you made this game better I beg to argue Treyarch made it better don't let them tell you to write a ten for a game that's not worth it, i'm sorry but your now begging for people to write a ten Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    wow....if you like MW2 then you will hate this game they changed all the weapon looks from MW2 and this is the worst campaign ever black ops was better my god what is going on its like they tried to crap on modern warfare so that they had a reason to move on or its cause they had a bunch of inexperienced teams working on it and plz the graphics make me sick it looks like cardboard give mewow....if you like MW2 then you will hate this game they changed all the weapon looks from MW2 and this is the worst campaign ever black ops was better my god what is going on its like they tried to crap on modern warfare so that they had a reason to move on or its cause they had a bunch of inexperienced teams working on it and plz the graphics make me sick it looks like cardboard give me my money back!! Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Yawn. It's like paying $60 for a map pack. Don't get me wrong, the story is great, but you can only run in circles shooting other players for so long. MW3 has done nothing more than repackage the same game and provide new maps. I am happy to continue the single player story line, but even there, the same same. This is truly the first time I haven't been fired up over a COD title. IYawn. It's like paying $60 for a map pack. Don't get me wrong, the story is great, but you can only run in circles shooting other players for so long. MW3 has done nothing more than repackage the same game and provide new maps. I am happy to continue the single player story line, but even there, the same same. This is truly the first time I haven't been fired up over a COD title. I don't think I am being overly to critical as I have bought every single title, map pack, and spent countless hours playing the games. I still bought the game, its just that it gets... old. IW needs to take it to the next level and take the MW game engine up a notch. you can reskin a game for only so long before its just gets old. Expand
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Played this game for an hour and realized it was just Modern Warfare 2.5. If you are under the age of 12 and looking for a ADD twitch shooter this is the game for. This game has no learning curve and is not a competitive shooter by any means.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    WTF is this? Could of just released this as DLC ! Actvision have proven they are just money hungry. Cant wait for the real INfinity Ward (now called respawn entertainment) to kick your ass !
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    Not sure why I thought this would be not just be the same recycled engine from the last 2 years... Activision must be taking notes from Apple and just releasing products that are "slight" improvements over the previous and charging full price for it.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible game, lackluster multi-player that doesn't feel fresh or fun, short single player campaign and very dated graphics. Not worth the money. Steer clear. Also why must everyone compare this to bf3?
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    Overpriced map pack. You are better off saving you money and passing on this one. The price of this game + Xbl + elite just to gain a "complete experience" of the game is just too ridiculous.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    I have MW2 and MW3 put to comparison nothing doesn't change if not the maps!!! be ashamed! even the menu is equal, the only meaningful addition they are the challenges to accept as in black ops
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing New! When i buy a NEW game, i expect a NEW experience! The campaign is good (too short), but the multiplayer, Jeez! At least change the menus, they've gone back to MW1 on everything and specs ops with two players!!! They need innovation! I might just go back to playing uncharted 3 now... a game that innovates!
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    if this is what cods all about now, i wont be playing them anymore, same **** new package, aboslute crap! the fact its built upon camping out now just plain sucks 2 :/ very disapointed i was at the midnight release :(
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 its the same than 2006 MW, nothing new. Same engine, online. And the problems online, patches will come out in two years. Yeah as Activision cares for its customers.
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    If there is a good reason why it is only a 1, it is clear. This game shows how much a company can recycle and hopes for a good sale. No innovation, 3 hours single player. it's a game that lived upon the success of CoD4, except that it has already been done once, MW2.
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2, for all its faults, was a great game. A slightly newer, repackaged version of Modern Warfare 2 that arrives several years after its predecessor is, however, not a great game. I've never been quite so disappointed with a game whose arrival I anticipated so greatly. Campaign is linear and repetitive; the plot is murky, absurd, and seems as if it was crafted by Michael Bay'sModern Warfare 2, for all its faults, was a great game. A slightly newer, repackaged version of Modern Warfare 2 that arrives several years after its predecessor is, however, not a great game. I've never been quite so disappointed with a game whose arrival I anticipated so greatly. Campaign is linear and repetitive; the plot is murky, absurd, and seems as if it was crafted by Michael Bay's evil, slightly less competent twin. Devices that were innovative one-offs in the previous game, like door breaching or crash/explosion cinematics, are overused to the point that it becomes obvious the team that made the game is content with maintaining the status quo. On top of that, the campaign clocked in at less than 4 hours on the regular setting. That wouldn't bother me too much if the multiplayer was rock-solid, though, because that's been the main attraction for the series. That's simply not the case, however. Bullet lag is the worst of any recent game I've played. Weapon balance seems to have been thrown out and replaced with the strategy of "let's make everything as powerful as possible." Maps are amorphous and prohibitive to actual team strategy. Menus are identical, and perhaps even murkier than the previous iteration in the series. New killstreak packages are a nice touch, and perk balancing was an absolute necessity that they thankfully worked out. But when seen as a whole, the greatest new addition is Elite, a glorified stat tracker that costs sixty dollars on top of your existing Live subscription. Given my level of frustration and disappointment with this game, I feel a four is generous. I won't be buying back into the series again, or at least until they give it the inevitable reboot. It's sad to see a company like Activision run a once-proud brand into the ground like this for profits. Expand
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is not an improvement (barely so, if even) in the series. It instead gives you a worse overall package of last years game. There is no customizable reticles, no customizable emblems, no theater, and no zombie mode, instead just a two player endless enemy mode, with no real innovation that we've seen in other games, just a pathetic attempt to just have it in the game. The storyThis game is not an improvement (barely so, if even) in the series. It instead gives you a worse overall package of last years game. There is no customizable reticles, no customizable emblems, no theater, and no zombie mode, instead just a two player endless enemy mode, with no real innovation that we've seen in other games, just a pathetic attempt to just have it in the game. The story is not boring, but incredibly predictable. There was no real attachment to characters. I didn't really care if "character X" died, just shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. The characters portrayed a poor reaction as well. Forgetting what happened seconds ago, as if nothing happened. Overall, I would say if you are really contemplating on buying this or not, I would say pass. Maybe wait for next years game because there is nothing new we haven't seen here before. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been a COD fan since the beginning but since playing both BF3 & MW3, I have a greater appreciation for what BF3 has done with their game. Spawning is terrible with MW3 and snipers are so overpowered. I'm more time that I have spent with MW3 has caused me to see how innovative BF3 is has a military shooter. Maybe next year MW3!!! I won't be buying though..
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Can't tell you how upset I was with this game. With games like Skyrim and Arkham City adding new stories, innovation and something new. COD sticks to the same overused formula. I've already traded it in.
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    Perhaps the most overrated video game of 2011. Activision and its companies associated with the development of the Call of Duty franchise reach a new low. For starters, this game has not offered any innovation like the its prequels. The last few Call of Duty games play and look the same. Each year, it is just a routine of including new weaponry, levels and maps within the developmentalPerhaps the most overrated video game of 2011. Activision and its companies associated with the development of the Call of Duty franchise reach a new low. For starters, this game has not offered any innovation like the its prequels. The last few Call of Duty games play and look the same. Each year, it is just a routine of including new weaponry, levels and maps within the developmental process. And content which has been introduced has usually been lame and unimaginative. This indeed the case for Modern Warfare 3. The storyline is generally rushed, unforgettable, ridiculous and generic. As for the characters, I simply could not find myself caring for any of them. This is intended to be a dramatic conclusion to word war 3. Yet it relies too much on action, characters dying, and scripted events to make it remotely interesting. There is no sense of 'humanity' or drama within this game. Instead, it is like playing a Michael Bay movie. No soul, originality or depth; but very eye-catching. But still, the gameplay and graphics are almost the exact same as Modern Warfare 2. I find that especially weak because I found Modern Warfare 2 to be mediocre at best. Neither of both fields received any substantial improvement within Modern Warfare 3. Just run, shoot, use grenade and camp. That practically summarizes the Modern Warfare 3 experience for both campaign and Multiplayer. What has been introduced is either sub-par or broken.

In conclusion, you can find far better games this year. I urge you consider buying Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3 and others instead of this rehashed garbage. By buying this game, you essentially doom the video game industry to an era of video games which sell millions based upon which franchise they belong to without even offering a shred of innovation. This game simply does not merit the amount of praise and sails which it has received.
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Well I had already had low expectations of this game. However, it managed to shatter those by being worse of a game than I thought possible. I am very happy that I only rented this game overnight from Redbox for 2 dollars rather than buying it, because this game is basically new Modern Warfare 2 maps. It's pathetic that any company would release this game knowing full well that peopleWell I had already had low expectations of this game. However, it managed to shatter those by being worse of a game than I thought possible. I am very happy that I only rented this game overnight from Redbox for 2 dollars rather than buying it, because this game is basically new Modern Warfare 2 maps. It's pathetic that any company would release this game knowing full well that people would have to pay for it, especially considering how little work was put into it (i.e. they recycled the graphics engine for the 4th time since CoD4). I'm sad for anyone who buys this game. Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    just the same old cod we have had for 4 years runing, NOTHING has changed NOTHING is new NOTHING is unique. if you have played a previous cod game and are looking for something new, fresh and difrent then you will be highly dissapointed.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    First off, IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED COD MODERN WARFARE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER YET, this is deffinitely worth your money... THE ONLY REASON I AM GIVING THIS A 3 IS BECAUSE as a sequel, it is deffinitely a rinse lather repeat for the devs (you wonder why they didnt just release it a month after Black Ops because it doesnt even seem like they did much work...)

THE GOOD... there are a few nice

THE GOOD... there are a few nice adjustments since the last installment of the series. MUCH MUCH MUCH better hit detection. It no longer takes an entire magazine of ammunition to kill your enemies. No more instantkill nube-tubing (the 'nube tube' or grenade launcher is still in, just fixed so it almost never gets an instant kill). Much less lag from any other of the COD installments (I have been playing up to level 30 and have not seen a bit of lag yet. Occasionally, but nothing gamebreaking). The graphics have been polished a decent bit (You can see the sunlight reflect off of the dark gun metal in front of you, and the nice simple details of the environment around you are almost nice enough to make you stop and smell the roses once in awhile). They now offer a wider ability of items and killstreaks SPECIFIC to helping your team-mates and playing the obective rather than just being a lone wolf. What is also pretty cool is they have a whole other killstreak set for those who are really good at lone-wolfing. Instead of killstreaks, you get more and more perks, giving you six perks and a major advantage for one on one combat.

Thats a lot of cool stuff, but thats about it. Heres where the game loses its luster...

THE BAD... For those that have already experienced the COD series, you'll be a little disappointed. Not a lot has changed. In fact, its almost like playing a new map pack on MW2. Not even an exaggeration. If I were to put MW2 in your console and right as a match were about to start, tell you it was MW3, it might actually take you a few minutes to realize it was just MW2. It takes forever to unlock anything decent (I was using the pre-set classes they give you up until level 30 because nothing else I had could compare). Not only that, but you dont even look forward to unlocking anything (except perks of course) because the weapon selection is just so bland. There is little to no customization (hardcore Black Ops players, sorry) and I've tried to log on to ELITE only to get booted off or rerouted back to the game.
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Its is just a 60 doller expansion pack. It fills like a bunch of newbs made it. It has ton of lags, there is more chetters in this game then ever before. The controls are clunky. Elit doesn't work at all, and it is a scam for your money. I hate qick scoping people with lag swichs get old. The game code is just old, getting knifeing 20 feet away piss me off. This game is for little kids,Its is just a 60 doller expansion pack. It fills like a bunch of newbs made it. It has ton of lags, there is more chetters in this game then ever before. The controls are clunky. Elit doesn't work at all, and it is a scam for your money. I hate qick scoping people with lag swichs get old. The game code is just old, getting knifeing 20 feet away piss me off. This game is for little kids, chetters, and casual gamer. Expand
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been playing FPS for a decade now and have loved the CoD series but have now lost my patienc. I felt let down by Modern Warfare 2 then the cash in Black Ops but all MW3 is is jus MW2 in a new skin but no real new innovation. Guess it's now the new guitar hero and madden.
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible game. Feels exactly like MW2. Activision only cares about money and releases sequel after squeal without giving and consideration to their actual games.
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    alright the maps are really bad. a couple like CTown and Dome should not have even made the game. It feels like clostrophobic version of Black Ops and MW2 skins. game is not as advertised. the only thing that the game has brought back is Quickscoping. So my montages will be good, but I barely have had fun playing this for the 15 hours I've played it. It's just a huge disappointment.alright the maps are really bad. a couple like CTown and Dome should not have even made the game. It feels like clostrophobic version of Black Ops and MW2 skins. game is not as advertised. the only thing that the game has brought back is Quickscoping. So my montages will be good, but I barely have had fun playing this for the 15 hours I've played it. It's just a huge disappointment. Get Black Ops, MW2. They are cheaper and better. Expand
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It's Modern Warfare 2 in a new package and obviously for a full price. It's nothing new or special; just another dull war fps game. The single player is too short, the multiplayer is same **** as it was before. Not recommended in any way.
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    WTF...This game is a POS. Same stuff all over again. They did nothing to improve the graphics or story. Weapon selection is horrible. What a waste of money. Wish I knew before I bought it. I feel cheated.
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    Wow!!!!! Same game with different maps!! Lets keep the original Call of Duty 4 and then sell the maps as DLC. I want to see an improvement over the last.
    No more MW for me!
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    This game has horrible graphics for whats out there at the market. You could probably run this on a 3dfx card. Everything is still the same from mw2/bo. There is nothing new... I feel scammed. Im glad I bought bf3 and skyrim... that will keep me busy.
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    New games used to be an improvement upon each subsequent title, bringing fresh ideas, better graphics, and, improvement. Sadly MW3 is non of these. Some say it's a copy and paste game, and I disagree as each subsequent copy loses something - originality and functionality. The maps feel similar in multiplayer, the layouts are the same with a few extras thrown in. Non of the dislikedNew games used to be an improvement upon each subsequent title, bringing fresh ideas, better graphics, and, improvement. Sadly MW3 is non of these. Some say it's a copy and paste game, and I disagree as each subsequent copy loses something - originality and functionality. The maps feel similar in multiplayer, the layouts are the same with a few extras thrown in. Non of the disliked features were removed (hosting system, finding servers, last stand). The single player is also pretty formulaic and in this case that's a negative. Some may say the game is not complete, 'wait for the DLC', but I'd rather not have to spend 1/4th the game on a few maps. If I have to wait for downloadable content then it is clearly not complete and thus a shamble of a product. Expand
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been playing FPS games since Tom Clancy,s Rainbow Six on msn gaming zone this blows monkey chunks. It seems like this was just made for little kids on consoles not for the hard core gaming community. Wake up and give us a good game
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm not going to be so harsh to give it a 0 because it doesn't deserve that - as a game it ticks a lot of boxes and is very playable.
    However, like so many people on here, I cannot help but feel cheated and disappointed. True, the hype has been immense but I do not think I felt over-hyped...I was still enjoying BLOPS right up to the point of MW3's release and just saw this as an update to an already great series of games.
    I'm disappointed because it feels like a step backwards, and I'm cheated because it feels like i've just paid £40 for a MW2 map pack....I'm speaking purely from a multiplayer point of view because I havent given the single player a go yet....but from a multiplayer point of view my opinion is not good. The things I actually really enjoyed about BLOPS have gone, the wager match, the in-depth stats, the credits to buy your own choice of weapons, the mix of simulation and arcade which meant that you felt like you could really chose your own style of play (camping/creeping vs run around like a mentalist), the avatar personailsation which added that bit of humerous creativity and gave people a chance to personalise their tags (yes, with naked ladies and c*cks n b*lls if they wanted to!). None of these are present in this game...even down to the fact you cant do a running dive...taking away a simple action which just added a little bit of fun to the game. The spawning detection is terrible, you can end up spawning repeatedly in front of your enemy - BLOPS wasnt perfect but it outshines MW3 by a mile - maybe they will fix this with an update? The hit detection is terrible, hitting people in the feet seems to kill them just as quickly as hitting them in the chest (I might be wrong but I'm SURE that is not the case in BLOPS, it seemed harder to kill or be killed) - again this could be fixed with an update, but will they bother? I don't mind the maps too much but they dont seem to have the imagination of BLOPS and most seem to be quite "basic" in their design...not much creativity. There also doesnt seem to be much variety to the maps in terms of suitability for different styles, I like having some maps which are better for camping, some for mental attacking (Nuketown in BLOPS), sniper-friendly maps, and general end-to-end attack/defend maps. Quickscoping is back with a vengeance! I HATE quickscoping...to me it is basically cheating...you may as well have typed in "godmode" at the console (showing my age now)...it is ridiculous that someone can run round with a long-range rifle, let alone pop it up to their eye and one-shot kill without actually being able to see the target! This is by any other name a "hack" (and a well known one at that) so i'm baffled as to why it has been re-introduced...i suspect lazy coding or pressure from the quickscoping community (you know who you are). I am not disappointed by the graphics, I think people can be too quick to forget that the 360 is an OLD platform - there is only so much you can do with the hardware while keeping everything smooth. I LIKE the addition of the strike packges, so you can mix your style and get killstreaks for different reasons and even if you die...I don't however like the killstreaks themselves - I think they are just old and outdated and again, lack creativity. They also seem to be too easy to achieve and there are killstreaks popping off all over the place...you may as well have a permanent UAV. I like the co-op mode and i'm glad to see it back.
    In conclusion, I feel like the publishers of this game have let the community down. It seems like a rushed effort with more things wrong than right and certainly does not meet the standard of its predecessors let alone surpass them. I hope it is not the last CoD because they can make up for this, but maybe they should take a little more time over the next one and pay more attention to their customers.
    Thanks for reading.
    Dave
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    So i've been playing this game all week and I swear to f*cking god I've never been more pissed off at a game. This game is like having a digital c*ck shoved into you and every single aspect of it is a mindf*ck waste of time that should be avoided at all costs. Let me articulately elaborate:

First, (unbeknownst to me), my wallet got raped. It was a hard rape right out of the gate. I paid 60 whatever dollars for it and its this game isnt worth the plastic the dvd is printed with. For 60 dollars I couldve bought about a billion things better than this game. I couldve bought a hardback collection of Cathy comic books. I couldve bought 60 punches to my d*ck with an S&M dominatrix. I couldve even bought about 150 Wii games from that discount bin at Best Buy and collectively, they wouldve been a better purchase than this damn game. Second, I got home and my eyes began to get raped next. This game is hideous. It looks like a digital elephant man or those kids with hairlips you seen in those gross commercials. Who ok'ed the graphics on this thing? Look, its 2011 and games are looking like real life already. This looks like a popped cauliflower ear on a UFC fighters head. WTF

Next, the full body raping continued in that MW3's story began **** my mind after I started to grasp what this retarded, convoluted, spaghetti noodle story is about. If a sea urchin learned to type, the first thing it would type would probably be "sodij WEIao oaidfja;pio so os oiwjeom". The second thing it would type would be MW3's plot. I cant fathom how a group of adult men and women came up with this bs story. This is the worst plot for a game since the Xbox 360 game "Jerry Sandusky: The Penn State Story" got cancelled just last week. What a MESS. Right before I logged into my Amazon account to sell this waste of time back for some money, I figured Id give multiplayer a chance. I knew this was the wrong idea. But whatever. Heads up: If you haven't played MW mp before, heres the basic gist: 1. Map loads - sh*t talking begins in full
    2. Players spawn - retarded running animation takes place as you attempt to go your hot spot in the map in a rush
    3. You aim - you see some fool who doesnt see you and you get hyped bc you're about to kill his ass. 4. You shoot - You hit him!! YESSSS KD IS 1.0 NOW what? wait. He's turning at me
    5. You keep shooting - The guy youre shooting at starts running towards you
    6. OMFG Glitch - Yep he was glitching and just kill't your ass with a knife throw to your face. Kill cam shows no damage on him.

I'm happy to report that if you enjoyed this scenario in its various forms from MW, WAW, MW2 AND BO's well, guess what? Its still there. Rad! No wait. This isn't rad and definitely get classified as mind violating rape again. I threw my controller at the 2nd instance of this glitchy bs happening and causing me an undue death. Why cant they fix this **** Hello Beta? I mean even GOW 3 had a beta. And Epic is f*cking retarded! Even they learned!! Good grief. Anyways, the story ends with this POS going to Amazon who thankfully give you the majority of your $ back on new games that you return. Wtf. Rating is 0, this game is a 0 and the creators of the games are **** rapists who just stole money from me and need to get locked in a Siberian Hostel to actually get raped. F*ck this goddamn game.
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    There really is little to no change this time around. I can see that myself and many others want something that is quite groundbreaking. This review gets a 1 since the multiplayer can be fun at times
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Same look and gameplay. Same terrible MUDDY graphics. But.. Different Maps and kinda different single player makes this game worth $15 not freakin $60 coz if yo pay for this $hit: You kiddin me bruh?!? Go buy skyrim, uncharted 3 or bf3 instead you won't be disappointed on buying those games.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    I do not care if you love the cod series or hate it, I want you to read this and do what I am asking you. I'm not asking for you to stop buying the game, or start buying the game, I am only asking you to do a simple comparison of two call of duty games (not mw3 and mw2.) Look at COD 3, look at COD4. Do the same thing with COD4 and MW3. Compare the differences between both pairs of games.I do not care if you love the cod series or hate it, I want you to read this and do what I am asking you. I'm not asking for you to stop buying the game, or start buying the game, I am only asking you to do a simple comparison of two call of duty games (not mw3 and mw2.) Look at COD 3, look at COD4. Do the same thing with COD4 and MW3. Compare the differences between both pairs of games. There is a HUGE AMOUNT of difference between cod3 and cod4, but barely any difference between cod4 and mw3. They have 4 games worth of changes and it still didn't amount to the huge amount of changes between cod3 and cod4. Do something like that, Infinity Ward, or Treyarch. This game is only good if you have never played any of the Call of Duty games before, otherwise IT IS THE SAME EXACT THING with about 6 changes. They even took buildings straight out of Call of Duty 4 instead of making new ones. It is an absolutely awful and cheap game that the developers probably spent about 1 week of their time on in the whole 2 years that they had to work on the game. The worst part about the game though, is the super crazy cod community who thinks that there is nothing better than cod, and they have no variety. It isn't just in video games either, these people are never trying anything new, they are the ones who complain about everyday things like food because they never try anything new. The worst part about these people is that they actually try to argue that this game is better than BF3. In some areas, yes, but overall BF3 is indefinitely and quite obviously the SUPERIOR game. I have played cod for a long time, but recently it has just been boring playing the same game over and over again, so I switched to Battlefield, and even BFBC2 is better than MW3. Don't waste your money, and don't pay attention to critic reviews, the good ones are all bought and paid for. This game is the same crud rehashed over and over again. I bet the developers didn't spend one week on this, maybe on the maps and re-skinning guns that they have probably had since MW2 but didn't put them in that because they decided they could make another game with it. Whether you like it or not, this game is going to get SUPER boring SUPER fast. I hope that this is the call of duty game where developers realize they can't be lazy, I hope the next cod game is as exciting as COD4, but... unfortunately, it probably won't. Hopefully this is the end of lazy work or the end of the Call of Duty series because as far as I'm concerned different people are getting credit for something done 4 years ago. Expand
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    After playing Battlefield 3 for the last two weeks, I was anxious to get this game into my console...what a let down. Battlefield has so many more tactical aspects, not to mention ACTION! The buildings blow up, the sound effects are INCREDIBLE! MW3 just ported over old, boring sounds from MW2. Don't waste the money. The game play feels like Halo. I had no idea how great Battlefield wasAfter playing Battlefield 3 for the last two weeks, I was anxious to get this game into my console...what a let down. Battlefield has so many more tactical aspects, not to mention ACTION! The buildings blow up, the sound effects are INCREDIBLE! MW3 just ported over old, boring sounds from MW2. Don't waste the money. The game play feels like Halo. I had no idea how great Battlefield was until I played this game for 2 hours. Oh well, up to ebay goes my Hardened edition copy. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    i dont want to talk about it. i do want to hear about it. my game that i choose to play already came out and have been spending a lot of time playing it.
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    The same game all over again. What a rip-off. I just wasted 60.00 for a what seems to me to be DLC. The graphics look the same, the story is corny, the multiplayer is the same. I'll stick to Battlefield 3.
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is same game as Modern Warfare 2. It should have been DLC rather than a full release and is incredibly overpriced. Single player is repetitive and the multiplayer is nothing more than a map pack. Glad I rented it, at full price it's a ripoff.if you really want it wait a couple years when they have 4 more games in the series released and pick it up in the bargain bin.

To top it

To top it off today there is news that maps from the first two games are already on disc just waiting for you to pay that $10 "unlock" fee. Ridiculous.
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    What can i say. Over a year to produce this. Almost an exact duplicate of the others. I'm sorry activision but i can just play modern warfare 1 if i feel like brain numbing shooting. It does deserve a 1 however because it is not treyarch.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    It's not 'new'. It's just rehashed Modern Warfare 2, with new maps. There's nothing new about it. Complete disappointment. I returned the game after 2 days, I'm done with Activisions garbage for good after this game.
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Alas. The game that I have waited for turned out to be another milking cow for Activision. Believe me. I love COD as much as any other COD fanboys out there but after playing this abomination I started to thing, "What if this series is following the footsteps of Tony Hawk Pro Skaters?". Sadly it is running that path. Modern Warfare 3 is by far the most disappointing game of the year forAlas. The game that I have waited for turned out to be another milking cow for Activision. Believe me. I love COD as much as any other COD fanboys out there but after playing this abomination I started to thing, "What if this series is following the footsteps of Tony Hawk Pro Skaters?". Sadly it is running that path. Modern Warfare 3 is by far the most disappointing game of the year for me. It didn't live up to what the "real" fans of the Modern Warfare wanted, instead, this game destroyed everything we loved about Modern Warfare. Here's to Schofield, ever wonder why a lot of people hate this game right now? It's not about fanboyism... people just genuinely hate your game coz it's "Copied" and "Pasted"!! I wish the "Real" infinty Ward made this game, you know, the ones at Respawn Entertainment?? Coz they could have made the story BETTER!! And probably innovate it a LITTLE!! If you've played Mdern Warfare 1 & 2, keep your memories pure and stay away from this garbage. I tell you, you will regret the ending. Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Due to the flood of "hot" games coming this season, i decided to rent the new MW to check it out first - despite having previously bought every other entry since MW1. In retrospect this was personally a very wise decision after my experience the last few days. Note i like both the BF series and MW, there justt games and whichever is more fun takes the cake.

The Good - When i first popped

The Good - When i first popped this game in and started the campaign i was quite blown away by the visual quality. Lets face it, this game LOOKS good. Just bought my first HDTV at the start of the year and there are few games that really pop with the 120hz.

The Bad - This is where things get tricky. Like 25% into the campaign im completely lost as to whats really going on, i have a good idea of plot but the whole "being pulled into the story" isnt happening one bit. Its been awhile since i played mw2 but i also felt each gun had a little more characteristic. Several times in the campaign i had to check the name of my gun because they look and sound so similar i couldnt tell, if that was just a knob i didnt notice or a completely new AR. This carries into multi as i really cant feel a difference in many AR's as i did before. The M16's 3-round burst speed is atrocious compared to the other titles. And why does the barrett 50 cal semi-auto do just as much damage as a bolt action?? For some reason multiplayer just doesn't have the hook for me like before. It feels very much like the game "Homefront" only modded a little to match MW's style. I have no idea why they choose to put your challenges/ranks in tiny letters up in the top of the screen, it really takes the fun of progressing while playing away. As another reviewer said, they shouldn't have spent wayy to much time putting on the bells and whistles (or new killstreaks and weapon leveling) and focused on improving core gameplay. Everything they added has been an innovation in someone elses game. From the fore mentioned to the new gamemodes (btw enjoy playing kill confirmed WAY to much on ground war since they are trying to get people into it) And last but not least are the hit boxes/lag. Ive never seen as bad of lag on a few of the games i played in any other of there titles. And its just no fun when you run behind a wall and die when you know your safe. Or shoot 5 feet in front of a guy running and kill him. Its just cheesy.

The Spec ops and survival is fun i guess, but many missions are rehashes of the other games and when you just want to get a quick game in, playing with just one other random person can get pretty boring awkward at times.

I dont know how elite is doing, but i cant imagine paying for what essentially should be a "thank you for your support" service and be free or at least muchhh cheaper. The DLC is nice but 1% of the "elite" are going to take all the prizes you can win in tournys and stat tracking is free in other games. Really couldnt be more obvious in showing there intention of milking the cash cow.

In conclusion for me this was and will be a rental game. I just dont see myself investing as much time as in previous titles. Gameplay may look better, but beauty is only skin deep.
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm glad to see people stepping up and expressing how tired they are of a high quality but tired game! COD needs to evolve or die and because death isn't an option for this $1Billion+ giant at least we came express our disgust. The review sites are giving it incredibly high scores and part of me understands that because they are to review the game as a whole an it is a incredibly strongI'm glad to see people stepping up and expressing how tired they are of a high quality but tired game! COD needs to evolve or die and because death isn't an option for this $1Billion+ giant at least we came express our disgust. The review sites are giving it incredibly high scores and part of me understands that because they are to review the game as a whole an it is a incredibly strong title, I just wish they would have taken into consideration how redundant COD is and knock it down a point or two. Look at Battlefield 3, it pushed what everything as far as they could for our consoles and although buggy it has some of the most incredible moments in console multiplayer......ever and it's less than a month old! I wish that it wasn't a double standard. If the single player is great and the multiplayer is bad a game can still get a 100/95 or 90/9. Yet, if the single player is bad and the multiplayer is incredible a game gets a 8? I don't understand. I'll probably play Battlefield 3 for 200+ hours and because it's great at what it's suppose to be. Now, COD release an almost complete rehash of what it was two years ago and 100's and 90's by the handfuls!!! Boo, I say Boo!!! We need to start voting with our wallets and not our words on sites like this and maybe we'll see real change but as long as millions of sheep get in line to by COD we'll be plagued with its repeat non-innovative game play. Expand
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    Good storyline, gameplay and graphics!! Wait is this mw3? Thought it was mw2.... The graphics, engine, gameplay and everything are the same! This is an to expensive exapansion pack. What's the point of making it a "own" game? Oh of course, money.
  91. Nov 11, 2011
    What happened to my Dolphin Dive?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (it's okay to take from Treyarch, IW) Sorry, this i just something I dearly miss from Black Ops, I know they're different developers, but it was such a cool move! Overall, MW3 feels a bit looser than Black Ops or MW2, and I know that's striving to be more realistic, but I don't really care. Also, I miss having a strong, tangible challengeWhat happened to my Dolphin Dive?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (it's okay to take from Treyarch, IW) Sorry, this i just something I dearly miss from Black Ops, I know they're different developers, but it was such a cool move! Overall, MW3 feels a bit looser than Black Ops or MW2, and I know that's striving to be more realistic, but I don't really care. Also, I miss having a strong, tangible challenge system. I really didn't have to do much to get the Pro Perks in MW3, all of them can be collected just by running around the map with the perk engaged. In Black Ops, I had to make an effort and kill 150 enemies from the hip to finally get Steady Aim Pro, it took FOREVER, but when I got it, it gave me that awesome feeling of accomplishment. MW3 could do so much better. Expand
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    this games is an insult to all gamers. it's just a bad joke, a 52 box joke honestly i can't imagine how they dare to sell a such deja-vu game with no effort, i'm disppointed and very angry
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    Even though I prefer BF3 over CoD I decided to rent MW3 the other night and give it a chance since my fiance likes CoD a lot more than BF. But to my surprise I didn't see anything new and special about the game. In fact I would say Black ops and MW2 are by far much better games. The graphics looked terrible, the skill required for game play really was taken down a few notches, possibly forEven though I prefer BF3 over CoD I decided to rent MW3 the other night and give it a chance since my fiance likes CoD a lot more than BF. But to my surprise I didn't see anything new and special about the game. In fact I would say Black ops and MW2 are by far much better games. The graphics looked terrible, the skill required for game play really was taken down a few notches, possibly for all the younger kids getting into these games? I'm not sure. But I tried to give it a chance. Hell I was planning on purchasing it but I'm very glad I rented first. Sorry but this was a major fail... Expand
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    Every Call of Duty since CoD4 has tried so hard to out-do its predecessor to the point where its made me look upon some of the greatest FPS games ever made, and think they are obselete. It has made me look at games in new ways, and think, "what is this game doing new, and if its not doing anything new, why play it?"

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like Counter Strike, CoD 4, and Halo 3, and now I dont even want to think about them.
  95. Nov 11, 2011
    Activision has clearly lost any integrity it once had. Rehash the same game every year, make boatloads of money. Thats the Call of Duty philosophy. At least until the consumer wises up.
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    I got this as a gift, and was thoroughly disappointed. It simply feels like you are playing different maps in Black ops, a game I had burned out on long ago. The single player campaign is forgettable at best, and is over very quickly. The worst part is the sense of feeling ripped off because it feels like a clone of a previous COD, no graphics improvements..the only saving grace is theI got this as a gift, and was thoroughly disappointed. It simply feels like you are playing different maps in Black ops, a game I had burned out on long ago. The single player campaign is forgettable at best, and is over very quickly. The worst part is the sense of feeling ripped off because it feels like a clone of a previous COD, no graphics improvements..the only saving grace is the co-op modes, which I did have fun with. Pass on this one. Expand
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    There's so much with this game that's flat out wrong I don't know where to begin.

First off, there's the normal copy/paste aspect, but that's been said so many times before, I think most people get it. But it gets worse. Several things that were once exploits, such as quick scoping, were not only intentionally put back into the game, but buffed to a ludicrous level. Back during XP, they boasted that commando pro was being removed..well, they removed the perk, and built it in as a default (not to mention the blink-of-an-eye insta knifing just is wrong on so many levels.)

Then there's the maps themselves. Back during previous games, they at least had some balance between open-ish maps and tight city maps. Well, this time, it's exclusively cramped city maps where multiplayer is pretty much reduced to running laps around the map. Very tiresome, very quickly. Combine this with poor sound design and a campaign that is completely laughable as it is short (I admit, that IS a good thing with how horrid the story is), and you get a game that is not worth a $60 price tag, nor is it worth the title 'The Most Anticipated Game in History'.
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    Terrible, please innovate next time Activision, same old game again, tired story, boring cramped multiplayer and nothing new. I feel ripped off. Battlefield 3 at least feels fresh and expansive, this just feels like a poor map pack.
  99. Nov 11, 2011
    worst game ever. should just be called mw2 expansion pack. all the developers did was copy and paste all the bad ideas they had in mw2. do not make the same mistake i did and buy this game
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    First let me say I have enjoyed several of the COD games but this game is terrible. It's just a re packaging of the second game with no new features worth noting and now they are charging for features that were free in the last entry in their series. I ended up returning my copy and replacing it with battle field 3 Wich I am enjoying much more. Save your money or buy any othe FPS this gameFirst let me say I have enjoyed several of the COD games but this game is terrible. It's just a re packaging of the second game with no new features worth noting and now they are charging for features that were free in the last entry in their series. I ended up returning my copy and replacing it with battle field 3 Wich I am enjoying much more. Save your money or buy any othe FPS this game just is not worth it Expand

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.