3.3

1. Nov 10, 2011
    I will be honest, Call of Duty has been nothing but rehashed since Call of Duty 4. Kotick has been capitalizing on map packs since then. It's the same content since 2009. It's a terrible game, while the graphics may be good, and music; it is is still just THE SAME EXACT GAME
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm about 30% into the campaign and I don't really want to keep playing it. The story is a mess and the regular progression of coming up to more spawning enemies is old and boring. The same old graphics leave nothing to be excited about. I've played 5 hours of multiplayer and so far I haven't been impressed with the maps. Many of them seem like rush jobs that just feel like mazes whereI'm about 30% into the campaign and I don't really want to keep playing it. The story is a mess and the regular progression of coming up to more spawning enemies is old and boring. The same old graphics leave nothing to be excited about. I've played 5 hours of multiplayer and so far I haven't been impressed with the maps. Many of them seem like rush jobs that just feel like mazes where you can flank any location multiple ways. The one positive I've noticed is the gun sounds and feel which have been improved. The kill confirm death match mode is also something new and enjoyable. I'll play this for a while with friends, but unless there are dramatic changes in next years release I'm going to have to pass on buying it for the first time in a long time. It's time for the franchise to give us something new and stop milking the hype they created from the first Modern Warfare. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    I'd like to kick off this review saying I'm not a BF fanboy, you can keep your bf's and your bff's for all I care.

Twelve months ago, the CEO of Activision, who was bred in a test tube with fertilisation donations from the risen ghost of hitler, called for another game to lengthen the turgid slick of mediocrity that is Call of Duty. Featuring another uninspired campaign of betrayal, shooting foreigners, on rails gunning, and controversy, (think car bombs in London and twelve year old girls) interspersed with witless dialogue and explosions that appeal to the lowest common denominator, this game can only be described as terrible.

It seems no effort was made to make a good game. The graphics are poor in comparison to well made recently released games that will cost you the same amount of money, the campaign is a recycled version of the last 4 years worth of call of duty's. The multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as every other game in the series, but with a collection of new, poorly concieved maps and ideas to create weapon imbalance. In short this game's only redeeming feature is that if you put it in the microwave on high, I believe it will crackle up in a small light show.

Don't get Modern warfare 3, you worked too hard for that money, and you don't want to encourage that lazy bunch of developers. It seems the most effort they made with this game was to beg for people to overlook the lack of quality and give the game a good review. This is a company that had a press release with one of their Modern Warfare 2 map packs, stating that a price rise from the usual 800 MSP per map pack, to 1200 MSP, is in the interests of consumers. Stay away from this game, I have it on good advice that it is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, gathering strength with every sale.

Important note: The game features a car bombing in London, and, while I'm all for poorly timed walks of the dangerous knife edge that is taste and decency, capitilising on devastating terrorist attacks to create the illusion of storyline and plot, and to generate anger out of teenage boys, it must be noted that the scene is handled with the sensitivity and delicacy of a drug mule's full cavity search at an Indonesian airport. Also PARIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THAT!! The furthest the developers must have gone in their 'research' was the McDonald's nearest to the 'development' 'studio' , while their MW2 disks had the 3's printed over.

The developers sank as low as to beg for good reviews (absolutely shameless) - originally the user score sat at less than 2.5 - now, sadly, it is rising because of the flock of sheep that follow the developer around blindly. It is not worth 3.
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty's next screwed up. The series sank in **** and noobs player. Multiplayer is disgusting. Graphics got sucked. I think i rather play Battlefield 3 getting **** in my toilet than play that with my girlfriend doing blowjob.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Score for re-selling Call of Duty 4 over and over again. Call of Duty will end up like Tony Hawk, Vigilante 8 or Guitar Hero series. Good work Activision!!! When games are made only just to earn as much money as possible they lose their charm.
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    This game has bad graphics compaired to other games first of all, second is the voice actors are horrible, third is the story is crap, the game looks dated, the only play is very laggy and sluggish for no reason, and it also freezes sometimes. Total waste of money.
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    Absolute garbage. The same bs rehashed and repackaged with new cover and marketed to 11 year old boys across the world. Why would anyone want to play a game where the primary demographic while online is squeaky voiced 11 year olds calling you a f@g?

I'd rather not play games with roomfulls of children tyvm.
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    Oh look! I just bought Modern Warfare 2 again! Silly me!
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    Uggghhhh, I picked up a copy of MW3 on released date and I'm regretting that decision right now!!! I was hopping for something a little new compared to previous COD titles but I was greatly disappointed, its just the same old MW2 with new maps and some added game modes. Other than the Survival mode (which is fun), there aren't really anything too exciting to look forward to in thisUggghhhh, I picked up a copy of MW3 on released date and I'm regretting that decision right now!!! I was hopping for something a little new compared to previous COD titles but I was greatly disappointed, its just the same old MW2 with new maps and some added game modes. Other than the Survival mode (which is fun), there aren't really anything too exciting to look forward to in this iteration of the series so don't waste your money. This might have been good as a DLC for MW2 but it doesn't cut it as a brand new game, which it definitely is not!! Everything is almost the same down to the menus, game play, and graphics (even had re-cycled building from COD4)!!!! As for all these rave reviews from all these so call critics passing off MW3 as the most exciting and innovative game yet, what a crock of BS! All the misleading reviews from these critics pushed me off the fence and I bought the game. Unfortunately, I fell off on the wrong side of the fence and re-purchased the same game I bought 2 years ago!! Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    Nothing new!

Nothing new!

That right there is probably the biggest problem for MW 3 there is NOTHING new about it. It has the same graphics, it uses the same engine, it has the same guns, most of the same perks and killstreaks. The only thing new are the maps. The maps are horrible. They are unbalanced and in general not very well made. We should have seen this coming though. Some people might remember that almost everyone at Infinity Ward up and quit after Activision didn't pay them their bonuses they they rightly earned by having one of the best selling FPS's of all time. The new teams that they brought in were Sledgehammer and Raven, neither of them had made an extremely successful FPS before and for being completely new developers to the franchise they did nothing new. They took MW 2 added some new maps a few new killstreaks and called it MW 3. This was just Activision's way to milk more money out of the COD franchise, IW had almost no part in this, the love that they put into MW 2 that made it fun is completely gone, MW 3 was stale before it even came out of the box.
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL SIXTY DOLLA MAP PACK! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Even the fake so-called infinity ward developer tries to boost up the metacritic score with their babbies fans. "hey man, boosting should only be on your rehashed mw2 game"
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 for story and MP, and Modern Warfare 2's MP and I never got along, but the story was great and action packed as usual and key features and gameplay additions were made. Spec Ops was a blast and provided hours of fun. MW3 doesn't feel updated at all. It feels like a zombie. The graphics are old, the facial animations stiff, the characters round turns like robots,I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 for story and MP, and Modern Warfare 2's MP and I never got along, but the story was great and action packed as usual and key features and gameplay additions were made. Spec Ops was a blast and provided hours of fun. MW3 doesn't feel updated at all. It feels like a zombie. The graphics are old, the facial animations stiff, the characters round turns like robots, the sounds are still terrible, and many of the environments still look like cardboard, which, in MW 1 and 2's case, I excused because of the exciting game play and story. MW3 is just a rehashed and uninventive copy of the first two. I played the whole campaign and never once felt the rush or compulsion I did in MW 1 and 2. Then I tried the MP, the three maps I played for mostly flat, mazes that were CQB and very, very bland. Everything looked exactly the same. I legitimately attempted to enjoy this. I did, but it's obvious that Activision is just grubbing for money. If Infinity Ward's original creators would've been at the helm, things might have been different. All and all, hugely disappointed. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2011
    This game sucks it is a recycled update from Call of Duty Modern **** 2, no innovation, jus Copy and Paste everything, there are even videos on You tube that prove how lazy ass infinnity ward has recycled buildings from COD 4 into this game.
    If you like to play the same **** over and over and forever again, this is the game for you
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    Congratulations on somehow milking more and more money out of each subsequent copy of CoD: Modern Warfare. This game would be more aptly titled "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ep 3," as it is essentially an expansion pack to the same game we've been playing for four years. Infinity Ward really phoned it on the single-player campaign, and the multiplayer is--yet again--another glorified mapCongratulations on somehow milking more and more money out of each subsequent copy of CoD: Modern Warfare. This game would be more aptly titled "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ep 3," as it is essentially an expansion pack to the same game we've been playing for four years. Infinity Ward really phoned it on the single-player campaign, and the multiplayer is--yet again--another glorified map expansion and balance tweak. Modern Warfare 3: you get 9 for quality gameplay, minus 2 points for leaving that gameplay unchanged for four years, and minus 3 more points for charging us 60 bucks for the exact same experience. And you know what? Minus one more point for selling us over-priced DLC which was probably finished weeks before the game released. Expand
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    Dissapointing rehash of MW2. Shame on you Activision. How could you let something like this get out the door? You have like 4 game development studios working on this game, and yet it looks as if someone made the multiplayer in 5 seconds
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a re hash of CoD:MW2, so embarrassed i spent money on it....Its like a big map pack for CoD:MW2. Everyone needs to stop buying these games from Activision because they are just taking our money and laughing at us. And when they come out with DLC, rest assured they price it $5 higher than every other DLC pack. O and did I mention that the story sucks...come on. Anyway, if youThis game is a re hash of CoD:MW2, so embarrassed i spent money on it....Its like a big map pack for CoD:MW2. Everyone needs to stop buying these games from Activision because they are just taking our money and laughing at us. And when they come out with DLC, rest assured they price it $5 higher than every other DLC pack. O and did I mention that the story sucks...come on. Anyway, if you read this, don't buy it. BF3 kids are not trolling you, this game is NOT worth your money. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2011
    Repacking the same game for the third time in a row. The SP is anemic, MP identical and the DLC gouging of customers remains the same. MW3 should have been sold as 15$ expansion to MW2. There is simply no excuse for the consistent lack of creativity and shady business practices revolving around this series.
  18. Nov 8, 2011
    The 2nd expansion pack to MW2 has arrived. More of the same- yawn. I'm not quite sure whether they are too scared of innovating and scaring off the occassional tatoo toting bogans who are cod fanboys, whether the release cycle is burning them, or they have just run out of steam. Either way this is dodgy.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    Run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot,Run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, GLITCH run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, MODDED CONTROLLER run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get run, shoot, get shot, respawn,shot, respawn, SAME GAME EVERYTIME run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO VIDEOGAMES SINCE THE ATARI JAGUAR run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, run, shoot, get shot, respawn, OH LOOK MW4 IS ABOUT TO COME OUT. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Have been playing MW3 online for a few hours now and it surprised me that a game I wasn't looking forward to, at all, still was able to... disappoint me.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    To be honest, I wasn't expecting good things at first. But... yeah I was about right. Same game engine since Call of Duty 4. However, this was made even worse when they added the glow effect in Modern Warfare 2 which made everything look like it was covered in an oddly rigid water. Do not buy. Let the poor guy die. He's had enough. Call of Duty had potential, but it was quickly sapped byTo be honest, I wasn't expecting good things at first. But... yeah I was about right. Same game engine since Call of Duty 4. However, this was made even worse when they added the glow effect in Modern Warfare 2 which made everything look like it was covered in an oddly rigid water. Do not buy. Let the poor guy die. He's had enough. Call of Duty had potential, but it was quickly sapped by the greedy publishers. Do not blame the devs. It's all on Activision. Expand
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    8th same Call of Duty game in 8 years, to milk even more money they decided to just downgrade the MP even more for a elite subscription which won't even include $15 old map packs every month! Avoid.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm sorely disappointed in the multiplayer. After playing both BF3 and MW3 multiplayer, BF3 is in my opinion the superior of the two.

Graphically MW3 hasn't changed much while BF3 adds a new level of realism. Sound wise, and this is the first thing I noticed as soon as I started playing MW3 multiplayer, MW3 is dull. Every time the weapon fired it just kinda sounded like thuds to me. BF3

Graphically MW3 hasn't changed much while BF3 adds a new level of realism.

Sound wise, and this is the first thing I noticed as soon as I started playing MW3 multiplayer, MW3 is dull. Every time the weapon fired it just kinda sounded like thuds to me. BF3 sound seems to have that special sharpness and crack when a weapon or explosion goes off.

The maps, oh the maps..., are the exact same thing I've seen in MW for a while now. Each one is just laid out different and with different textures. Actually trying to use knowledge of the map to your advantage fails horribly because by the time you try to circle around any enemy they are either gone or already killed by the fast paced nature of things.

The list of game modes available, while impressive, still lack ways to differentiate from each one, mostly due to the lack of map uniqueness.

The only thing that saves it for me is the single player campaign.
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Another year, another COD: and every new COD is worst than previous. MWF3 is repetitive, the 6 hour campaign is too short, and the multiplayer adds nothing new.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    Why would i continue to play this game? I played for like three hours, and realized...it was just the same thing as modern warfare 2 and black ops...which were bad too. When will they get an idea and actually change the game instead of just copying and pasting? I'm surprised so many people like it and don't see that it's copy and paste. The story was short, and very very very boring, iWhy would i continue to play this game? I played for like three hours, and realized...it was just the same thing as modern warfare 2 and black ops...which were bad too. When will they get an idea and actually change the game instead of just copying and pasting? I'm surprised so many people like it and don't see that it's copy and paste. The story was short, and very very very boring, i know people that say its "the best ever" but all they play is call of duty, they don't play other games. The story was very short, boring, and felt like it was trying to be good, but we all know it wasn't. Year after year, people want the next call of duty game to be better, but deep inside they know its not good at all. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3? A new videogame? I was thinking that was a DLC of 70$. You will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game as MW2, MW1 and black ops, nothing has changed! Just new maps, which they will release a few more for $20 every month. Why do people keep buying this?
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    same ole same ole! Nothing has changed... This game used to be about skill. The player with the most skill would win everytime... Now, a 10 yo can pick up a controller and go 30-2... sickening!
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    I've played COD since I got a demo for the first one long ago on a "Maximum CD". I've seen the series grow and change except for recently when It stopped. COD MW3 is just another rehash of an old game with a new skin/logo and they except everyone to buy it. It's effectively nothing more than one of their cash cows now.

The single player is okay but just like every game its over in one day

The single player is okay but just like every game its over in one day if you sit down to really play it. The online part of it is just the same as the previous except with what appears to be smaller sized maps. If you want just rent the game and beat the campaign. If your looking for online play just play any of the other copies that were released previously or just find another series.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a COD player ever since Call of Duty hit the shelves in 2003. I like the series very much, I played every single COD game across every platform. Unfortunately I also had a chance of playing MW3. I regret getting it both on PC and the 360. I had fun with this game for about 20 minutes in SP and an hour in MP. It's as much as I could take. The game is way too repetitive in every aspectI am a COD player ever since Call of Duty hit the shelves in 2003. I like the series very much, I played every single COD game across every platform. Unfortunately I also had a chance of playing MW3. I regret getting it both on PC and the 360. I had fun with this game for about 20 minutes in SP and an hour in MP. It's as much as I could take. The game is way too repetitive in every aspect of it. There is nothing new that is good going for it. The MP maps are a joke, campers on every corner, the SP is cliched and comes with all the cheap thrills we already saw dozens of times before. While it runs great on a greatly outdated engine on the 360 the PC graphics are crappy and are a complete mess. Some of the screen shots posted online were retouched without a doubt. If MW3 released in 2006 it would be good, but for today's standards it just shows the lack of effort on Activision's part. I am really disappointed. We as gamers need to ask more from the companies we support. With the release of MW3 I lost the respect I had for Activision. Begging gamers for support in raising a user score on here by a CoD developer is something I would never expect. I would never suggest getting this game to anyone. Let's hope MW4 will be better. Just an honest opinion. Expand
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a big Call of Duty fan and I have been playing CoD games since COD2. Overall, I think it is quite obvious by the number of bad reviews that this game is a disappointment. Its a real shame that with all the revenue generated by the CoD series, that no development has gone into any substantial updates.

MW3 did away with any innovation that Blackops brought to the table. It seems all they did was to take MW2 and throw a stupid amount of killstreaks/perks/unlockables at it. The maps are again very disappointing, too tight and maze like. There is a reason why CoD4 is hailed as the best in the series, its simplicity created good gameplay, which neglected the need for silly features. I don't understand how hard it is to look at the maps that people like the most and create more like them. I think that this poor reiteration of an ageing CoD formula is the icing on the cake, people are fed up and want change. In my opinion, take a step back, don't rush to release a new CoD game purely for revenue as it is only going to hurt you in the long run. Instead, look at the feedback from the user base and ask them what they want done differently. Another option would be show us the changes, and get feedback, instead of just pushing it out on release day and hoping for the best.
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game. Cut and paste of mw2. It is so bad, don't even try it out. Barely anything has changed and it sucks. It is just a $60 dollar expansion pack.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a disgrace. The graphics are the same as MW2 and the levels use recycled aspects. Most importantly the online play is absolutely horrendous. Hosting is a huge issue and I have played games where an entire team is goes positive while the other team is completely negative. There is no balance and is clearly the fault of the developers who made a crappy game that was clearlyThis game is a disgrace. The graphics are the same as MW2 and the levels use recycled aspects. Most importantly the online play is absolutely horrendous. Hosting is a huge issue and I have played games where an entire team is goes positive while the other team is completely negative. There is no balance and is clearly the fault of the developers who made a crappy game that was clearly a cash in on a franchise. For the amount of money that went into this game I expect much more. Activision and Infinity Ward should be ashamed for putting out such a half baked product Expand
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    This should have been sent to the recycle bin on the creators desktop. YES everyone it's that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is pure fail, graphics are old, if someone who loves cod go's and plays the game called two worlds they would comment n how bad the graphics are...there the same year engine! And them mp is boring with bad maps. Just a total fail game. At least now people are starting to realise. It's just a cash cow with nothing new. When a sexual comes out it HAS to be an improvement or thisThis game is pure fail, graphics are old, if someone who loves cod go's and plays the game called two worlds they would comment n how bad the graphics are...there the same year engine! And them mp is boring with bad maps. Just a total fail game. At least now people are starting to realise. It's just a cash cow with nothing new. When a sexual comes out it HAS to be an improvement or this kind of thing happens.... Or should I just get a marker pen and write the number 2 in my Beverly hills cop 3 DVD and just pretend that's it's an improvement from the 2nd. Call me a hater and your blind! Look at my other reviews, I used to like cod and I have also given bf3 a bad review. If a game company doesn't put serious work to update a game, not just single player and a game mode it should be worth the money that they get in profit. Or should be be paying the £40 for any old game and then when a "top title" comes out it should be £42.99 emm NO! Bad games that fall to a serious price drop should not be the £40 price anyway, and then high street stores rip you off even more. Shame though as my gamestation has stacks of mw3 left that you could build a child's fort out of. Anyway cod is nothing but a cash label now. It brings some serious hype everyyear with the name only. Some of the reasons why, it used to be really good, kids will hype there friends, teenagers want to seem cool, adults just want a shooting game. And when a company does well it wants to stay at that level for as long as it can. But think of it this way, if coca-cola want to try new flavours like cherry and lemon etc etc, when one of the flavours suck sooooo bad they cant just wack out coca-cola in a "strawberry" flavour can. It's the same ingredients as the last 4 cod games before it, when you take away the same graphics, the same story, the same mp experience, the same weapons with a new name, the same dated textures, the same easy 4 hour story, the same stupid ott missions, all that's left is a white picture with a man holding a gun on the display case. And if that's worth paying full price for then troll on this comment, because we both know that I'm right! Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new.Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new. Everything is just the same, they just make these games for money seriously... Expand
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    i gave this a 3.1 as its just a mash up of WaW levels and previous Modern Warfare, give that the facial graphics are better other then that its just a botch job to be honest, and the MP is just MW2 and MW1 maps rehashed and tweaked
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    I will never stop asking, is this a dlc of the previous game or not. Same engine, same graphics. Why even buy a game that never updates, always the same, a bunch of hackers and a bad system called VAC...
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    Same exact game just new maps!! I traded mine in already. Nothing
    New at All. BF is way better and I'm no fan boy but honestly
    I see activision doing the same thing they did with guitar hero trying to Put a new coat of paint on an old house !!!
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    As much as I hate to admit it cause of my love for COD but BF3 has won me over. MW3 is good but seems nothing more than new maps and few new features. It's a glorified expansion. It's a good game but compared to the competition it loses.
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    Well guys. This game is an overall disappointment... No surprise I guess. I haven't even touched the single player, I've made that habit with this series. The only thing I can praise this game on is that it uses the same multiplayer (literally...) that we've all come to play. Unfortunately there is nothing new there besides new items and perks.... I need something more than that toWell guys. This game is an overall disappointment... No surprise I guess. I haven't even touched the single player, I've made that habit with this series. The only thing I can praise this game on is that it uses the same multiplayer (literally...) that we've all come to play. Unfortunately there is nothing new there besides new items and perks.... I need something more than that to make this game feel new. If you have to choose between this and Battlefield 3 or any other game for that matter, go for the other game. You'll have plenty of time to pick this game up later on. It's just not worth it unless all you want is the next installment of Call of Duty multiplayer. This just has nothing new to bring to the table besides the continuation of complacency Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2011
    i'm really really disappointed! ugly! MW3 is a DLC of MW2 without DLC's price.
    how can they rate to 90! online mode, what's the new stuff?
    call of duty die to day.
    RIP, oh my god they killed COD!
  43. Nov 9, 2011
    I will confess up front: I'm a COD fanboy. I've liked every iteration of the game up until now. Sure, none of the previous titles were perfect. But one could nevertheless have a great deal of fun, playing with a variety of gametypes and playstyles. MW3 is not like that AT ALL. It's made exclusively for run-n-gun gameplay. The maps are all tiny and maze-like and you find yourself constantlyI will confess up front: I'm a COD fanboy. I've liked every iteration of the game up until now. Sure, none of the previous titles were perfect. But one could nevertheless have a great deal of fun, playing with a variety of gametypes and playstyles. MW3 is not like that AT ALL. It's made exclusively for run-n-gun gameplay. The maps are all tiny and maze-like and you find yourself constantly spawning behind the enemy or the enemy spawning behind you. This makes my favorite loadout, the sniper, completely useless. If you're not using an SMG or a shotgun and taking your chances at spawn/die/spawn/die suicide runs, then you're not going to get anywhere in this game. And who can play that way for more than 20 minutes without getting fatigued? Add in the poor framerate, poor support for dedicated servers, poor graphics, and so on, and this game fails mightily compared to the others. If you haven't purchased it yet, don't buy it. And if you do feel compelled to buy it, wait until it goes on sale. I hope single player is better because I feel like I wasted $60. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is just the same thing it has been for 5 years its disgusting and I cant believe I bought it again I keep falling for it and wont fall for it again. The games story is 3 hours and graphics are subpar. Its a game thats only for people who are addicted to it. there is no innovation.
  45. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is an insult to COD fans, how could they take in so much money and give so little back? They are projected to make over a billion dollars on this game and all they can or are willing to give us is this. What has this industry come too when a game like BF3 trail-blazes with new innovation and cutting edge technology, and receives the same and in some cases lower scores than a gameThis game is an insult to COD fans, how could they take in so much money and give so little back? They are projected to make over a billion dollars on this game and all they can or are willing to give us is this. What has this industry come too when a game like BF3 trail-blazes with new innovation and cutting edge technology, and receives the same and in some cases lower scores than a game that was sub par 3 years ago. I admit BF3 is too hard for me to get into it too much, but I don't feel blatantly disrespected and insulted as I do with MW3. Shame on you IGN and other reviewers... shame on you. We know what Activision is up to, we aren't all so blatantly and utterly stupid, and we know what is driving these high reviews. It sure isn't the quality of the game. This game is worth a 7, but I'm rating it a 0 in protest of this huge scandal, and because there is no reason why they couldn't/didn't make a game worthy of 9/10 scores. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is not very good at all. I played Call of Duty: World at War, and it is basically the exact same gameplay as that with little to no innovation...why does Activision have to keep publishing these terrible games, take A FEW YEARS to develop something good? What I say here won't matter though, activision knows people will buy bad games if they release them
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    I remember when a sequel creating something new and innovative. I remember when developers were judged based on innovation in addition to the quality of the game. Mw3 is a structurally solid game, and why shouldn't it be, it is the same formula since call of duty 4.graphically and strategically. I accepted MW2, because it added alot to the game. MW3 HOWEVER IS NOTHING MORE THAN MW2 WITH AI remember when a sequel creating something new and innovative. I remember when developers were judged based on innovation in addition to the quality of the game. Mw3 is a structurally solid game, and why shouldn't it be, it is the same formula since call of duty 4.graphically and strategically. I accepted MW2, because it added alot to the game. MW3 HOWEVER IS NOTHING MORE THAN MW2 WITH A SLIGHT MAKEOVER. I AM PISSED YOU CHARGED ME $60 FOR IT!!!!! There is nothing new here, If you are looking for a fresh experience then look somewhere else , maybe buy an indie game. If you are looking for the same familiar multiplayer you love from the series , than just save your money and go back to black ops. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Truly appalling. MW1 did something different with the Perk system, back in 2008. Since then this franchise has got lazy. Every other big franchise is innovating and upgrading (Battlefield, Assassins Creed, ME, the list goes on) however COD seems to be too afraid to stray from the formula. Gladly only borrowed the game and didn't give my money to the Money grabbers at Activision. If youTruly appalling. MW1 did something different with the Perk system, back in 2008. Since then this franchise has got lazy. Every other big franchise is innovating and upgrading (Battlefield, Assassins Creed, ME, the list goes on) however COD seems to be too afraid to stray from the formula. Gladly only borrowed the game and didn't give my money to the Money grabbers at Activision. If you want a truly unique MP experience. Spend your well earned cash on BF3. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    I decided to go to a midnight opening so I could get my hands on MW3, my friends thought I was stupid as they kept on saying that it will be exactly like previous versions, I kept on saying to them that it looked awesome and it would be different.
    After playing on multiplayer for a few minutes, I realised that it was a waste of money and a waste of queueing time, it shouldn't of been a full release, it should of been an expansion. Yes there are a few things that are different and interesting but a lot of it is just the same old stuff that is in previous versions. The only section that I slightly enjoy is the Spec Ops, the only downside on that though is you can only play with one other person. I'd like to be able to play with up to three other people.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    Extremely sad they would put out an expansion pack and charge full price for it. same exact game, new levels, slightly changed mechanics. when are they going to do the series justice?
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    I feel like activision is afraid of taking risks on making a good product so they just keep doing the same thing over and over again and that is the biggest risk of all. I would say save yourself the money, if you still own modern warfare 2 and weren't tired of playing it just pop that in and go to town.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    My first impression I seriously wanted to return the game. After putting in 20 hours I've warmed a little too it but there's still some lingering and troubling doubts.

I guess I could diagnose my discontent by saying my expectations were not met from the beginning. I feel robbed of my money. That is the point I think were my opinion of it starts to cascade. It is a polished MW2. Not a new game worthy of a new title. Everything in the game is stale and unoriginal and a let down for an enthusiast of all the COD titles and FPS shooters. MW3 is a good game. But not the great game that the new Infinity Ward could have produced. Now for some nit-picking on my part- Multiplayer level design resembles Nuke Town on every single map. It concentrates the players in choke points with very few vantage points. There is no strategy except for killstreaks and perks which eliminates any objective for playing a game type. The wide fluctuation of connectivity between players is also dismal and favors frustration. Half the time I have a killer connection. Half the time there is a 2 sec delay. I have a consistent
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    The FACTS are, that call of duty Modern warfare dissapoints massively online. I recommend this game if you are under 13. Anyone older will be able to remember much better games in the series, infact in almost any series. The single player is exciting and is worth playing as long as you know whats happened previously. MULTIPLAYER: I was truely shocked when I played multiplayer, by far, theThe FACTS are, that call of duty Modern warfare dissapoints massively online. I recommend this game if you are under 13. Anyone older will be able to remember much better games in the series, infact in almost any series. The single player is exciting and is worth playing as long as you know whats happened previously. MULTIPLAYER: I was truely shocked when I played multiplayer, by far, the most unbalanced Call of Duty I have ever played! Im skilled at call of duty, i can play all roles, use all weapons, but in this, If I move, I die, and not from rifle rounds or smg rounds, but because some idiot in a bush shot explosives at me, absoloute rubbish! Honestly save yourself the bother, just buy one of the good games this year, Dead Island, Arkham City and Battlefield have all been fantastic! Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing how a franchise is able to make so much money by releasing such horrid games. There story is awful and doesn't give you any sense of realism or emotions, But COD is about their online, that's what makes their games good and unique right? Nope, this is a 60 dollar DLC a complete rip off if you own any other COD then you own this one.
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    Video Game Industry needs creativity, innovations, surprises;
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 represents Fast Food Game served every year with the same sauce.

If we want to raise videogame to art, it's the time to think different : Stop just making money and explore unknown lands of gaming....
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    I have played both BF serie and COD, both have been impressed me, but the latest one: MW3, its just another MW2. Even the error code message says it's modern warfare 2... I liked MW2 single player, but I hated the arcade style pif piuf piuf multiplayer. So here's the story, I played MW3 and to be honest, they rob your hard earned 60$... its not a new game, its simply a new patch. anI have played both BF serie and COD, both have been impressed me, but the latest one: MW3, its just another MW2. Even the error code message says it's modern warfare 2... I liked MW2 single player, but I hated the arcade style pif piuf piuf multiplayer. So here's the story, I played MW3 and to be honest, they rob your hard earned 60$... its not a new game, its simply a new patch. an expansion pack... Would you justify to pay 60$ for a new patch instead of a new game? I rather not. Activision Devs did not make same effort compare to the Dice Devs. Dice created BF3 as a new game with brand new engine, everything is a refresh, so BF3 worth 60$ price tag, but not the MW3 which they had simply reskin the texture and rescript the single player. So here's my conclusion, my money is wasted on the COD:MW3. I'll stick with BF3 until the next MW4 vs BF4. Expand
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    If you're reading this, you're like me. You understand what so many people can not. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is the same old **** I'm not here to tell you about how much better Battlefield 3 is (it is) than MW3, but, take my advice as a warning. If you buy this, Skynet wins. Listen, We've all played CoD before. Be it, 4, MW2, Black Ops, what ever one, we've played them. If you haveIf you're reading this, you're like me. You understand what so many people can not. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is the same old **** I'm not here to tell you about how much better Battlefield 3 is (it is) than MW3, but, take my advice as a warning. If you buy this, Skynet wins. Listen, We've all played CoD before. Be it, 4, MW2, Black Ops, what ever one, we've played them. If you have ever spent $60 on one of these games, you will understand a few things. The singleplayer, is a short, albeit well done, action thrillride on steroide while having a herpes flare up. Its angry, its mean, it's "America." Besides all of the Achievements/trophies, the game has little replay value. Survival, although it may be fun at first, is the same "Horde" game mode, we've been playing since Gears of War 2. I swear to God, every game has it. Gears of War 2, 3, Uncharted 2, 3, Halo Reach Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Onslaught DLC), Left 4 Dead, 2, Counter Strike (Mods),Call of Duty: 4 (PC), World at War, Black Ops, THE LIST GOES ON. So, "Survival" mode, not getting any points for Creativity or Originality. Now, the Multiplayer, OH the multiplayer. I myself have played more Call of Duty multiplayer that any one person would need to. I have experience in this game, and other FPS's and I can honestly say, that this game has the same terrible mechanics, spawns, weapons and problems as all other call of duty games. Lastly, CoD Elite is behind the times. Bungie.net, Battlelog.battlefield.com, and other stat tracking services do the same or better things as Elite, but for free. All in all, if you've never played a CoD before, you might want to consider it, because there is some fun to be had. Everyone else, you're a fool if you buy this. Expand
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    I should start by saying that I don't like the Quake inspired twitch shooter multiplayer of MW3. The slower play of Call of Duty: Black Ops seemed to require much more skill. The difference between the 2 CoD games is something I can't seem to understand.

My issues are with the lobby system that seems like such a massive step backwards from Call of Duty: Black Ops it's criminal. The constant pauses while navigating the menus is terrible.

While I'm not the strongest player it's pretty hard to rack up a kill streak when the game constantly seems to spawn opponents directly behind you.

I also take issue with the sounds in the game. Audio options are anemic to those in CoD:BO. Game audio seems to be fine but I can't hear teammates chat unless we start a private party. I can't help but wonder if people shelling out for those Special Edition Turtle Beach headphones are experiencing similar issues.

Speaking of private parties. The fact that you can't join your friends (usually told the game is full) when they are in a lobby show the lack of effort on testing the lobby system.

The multiplayer just feels like a total mess. And since the multiplayer was the very reason for my purchase I can't help but feel terribly disappointed.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    Pourquoi ils m'ont mis MW2 dans ma boite de MW3 ? ah non c'est bien le 3 étrange qu'il n'y est donc aucune nouveauté et que les maps recycle les bâtiments , et leurs dispositions des anciens épisode on voit le travail bravo . Ce jeu nous prends sévèrement pour des pigeons il faut que les gens ouvre les yeux , ilPourquoi ils m'ont mis MW2 dans ma boite de MW3 ? ah non c'est bien le 3 étrange qu'il n'y est donc aucune nouveauté et que les maps recycle les bâtiments , et leurs dispositions des anciens épisode on voit le travail bravo . Ce jeu nous prends sévèrement pour des pigeons il faut que les gens ouvre les yeux , il n'y a aucune nouveauté le solo se torche en 5h et le multi est toujours aussi kikoolisant . Juste pathétique et le pire c'est que les ventes sont excellente et que a coter sort la merveille qu'est Skyrim , qui lui va passer inaperçu . Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Yeah... This is pretty much the exact same than the last 2, not much of an improvement at all and really dissappointing. I cant believe I actually WASTED my money on this. definately trading this in for a new game or just going to try get a refund. Not buying anymore of the series after this, im done. No where near worth the money, this game simply got promoted way too much and the hypeYeah... This is pretty much the exact same than the last 2, not much of an improvement at all and really dissappointing. I cant believe I actually WASTED my money on this. definately trading this in for a new game or just going to try get a refund. Not buying anymore of the series after this, im done. No where near worth the money, this game simply got promoted way too much and the hype got its player base, mainstream trash. Expand
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the worst game ever!!! It's basically a waste of money, and time!!! I don't now how anyone can write a positive review of this. I hade huge ecpectations, but it sucjed. Activision is just squeezing the lost drop of money out of this franchise. Don't help them do it!
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    mw2.5 ce une blague sens deconné il aurai pu faire mieux avec l'argent qui ce font ce du recyclage avec des mp de mw1 Ont joué MW3 ligne pendant quelques heures maintenant et il m'a surpris qu'un jeu que je n'étais pas impatient de, tout, était encore capable de ... me décevoir. Avons vu beaucoup de cartes et je n'ai pasmw2.5 ce une blague sens deconné il aurai pu faire mieux avec l'argent qui ce font ce du recyclage avec des mp de mw1 Ont joué MW3 ligne pendant quelques heures maintenant et il m'a surpris qu'un jeu que je n'étais pas impatient de, tout, était encore capable de ... me décevoir. Avons vu beaucoup de cartes et je n'ai pas senti une présence d'une carte classique. Exécution fait de vous tortiller comme un canard ivre, rechargement est beaucoup plus rapide que de passer des armes. La morue chose "avait pour plaire» a été un jeu rapide couramment hein? Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game as the previous couple. No real changes. No team needed just run around pointlessly. Never any tension in the games which is very disappointing cause the game mechanics are smooth.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    I remember a time when in order to get a score of 8 and up a game had to bring innovation from the past titles in the series. Nowadays all you need to do is slap a Call of Duty title on it and reuse as many resources as you can from the past games.

If you want to be out 80 dollars and left with a feeling of disappointment when you realize all you did was buy an MW2 expansion pack then go ahead and buy this game.
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    If you ever wanted an expansion pack for MW2 but really wanted to pay full price for it look no further than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. The single player is painfully short with another ho hum grey and brown world filled with chest high walls and if you've played any multiplayer FPS in recent years you've played this one. Activision recently announced that the CoD series is going toIf you ever wanted an expansion pack for MW2 but really wanted to pay full price for it look no further than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. The single player is painfully short with another ho hum grey and brown world filled with chest high walls and if you've played any multiplayer FPS in recent years you've played this one. Activision recently announced that the CoD series is going to a yearly release model so look forward to less and less new features as this once great series slides down the slope of overpriced mediocrity. Expand
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    Not what I was expecting at all, waste of money. For starters Elite has been nothing but a hassle and I regret talking my friends into getting it. I was told I'd receive exclusive content, that I have yet to see. Still wondering why I was not handed a field journal as promised. All in all, they took the same tired game, small maps, and PC like graphics and threw in a bunch of nonsenseNot what I was expecting at all, waste of money. For starters Elite has been nothing but a hassle and I regret talking my friends into getting it. I was told I'd receive exclusive content, that I have yet to see. Still wondering why I was not handed a field journal as promised. All in all, they took the same tired game, small maps, and PC like graphics and threw in a bunch of nonsense bells and whistles. I have no desire to fly a recon helicopter around the map as a kill streak. I will be trading the game in and requesting a refund for Elite. Then and only then will I return to playing Battlefield 3. Expand
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    Once again another cookie cutter sequel, this game has no shine to it, it is simply the same garbage that's churned out each year by activision. I urge you deeply not to buy this game!!!! Worst money I've spent in years! Buy skyrim though.... :D
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and firing ingame. Then, they try to sweeten us up with their "Elite" service, but only to find out it will cost you ANOTHER $50. Come on Sledgehammer, can we get a reach around when you're giving us the hammer??? I would say avoid this one... But we all bought it sight unseen already.... Oh well. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    This is nothing bus MW2 with a load of new maps; no new features, no new innovation and yet they think they can charge the best part of £45 for the pleasure. The original was a great game thus, you could argue, if this is so similar, it must be too!? But if you went to the cinema and watched a movie 3 times in a row, would you really enjoy it by the third time (especially whenThis is nothing bus MW2 with a load of new maps; no new features, no new innovation and yet they think they can charge the best part of £45 for the pleasure. The original was a great game thus, you could argue, if this is so similar, it must be too!? But if you went to the cinema and watched a movie 3 times in a row, would you really enjoy it by the third time (especially when you're paying more and more each time you watch it!). Expand
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    Absolutely disappointed in this game. It is nothing but a recycled game with the same stuff from mw2. Its amazing that activision continues to rob people of their money by creating the exact same crap and charging people 65 dollars. MW3 is basically mw2.5. It is so similar that it feels like your playing mw2. People continue to throw their money away because of the name call of duty.
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    It's just one big over priced map pack. Overhyped! No quality. Just gimmicks by Activision to get our money! The developers are obviously trying to duplicate Modern Warfare 2 sales by giving us more of the same. Where is the innovation?
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    its always the same no new concept. its like im play modern warfare one or modern warfare two. where are the new ideas? this is a copy and paste game
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    Massively disappointed with this game. To get straight to the point, I picked the game up on tuesday, and I am trading it in at Game today for Skyrim.

Although some of the features of the previous game have been "tweaked", I find that the overall multiplayer experience is nowhere near as good as black ops. The gameplay is still quite borked, and every map is the same "run and gun" style with very little variety between maps.

As for the single player aspect - a 3.5 hour campaign is a bit of a joke for a £40 game, don't you think?
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    This review is for you Sledgehammer. You ask to people to give a good mark, but Modern Warfare 3 is a poor game ! You should use your talent for another that Activision ;)
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    MW 2.5. This was not worth $60, rather, it felt like a DLC. I feel as though I wasted my money when I could have simply stuck with the older Modern Warfares, which were the EXACT. SAME. Small variances do not justify a new 60 dollar price tag.
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    The sentence of ACTIVISION:

"Normally I do not do that, but if you like MW3 go to Metacritic.com and support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. His note is suspiciously low. Be honest, but help us if you agree."

MW2.1 is a joke!
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    All maps are very small and similar, spawning is broken, guns are overpowered and sound like a 90's arcade shooter. No real reason to use one gun over another. Crap pure crap
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    Having been a loyal consumer of the COD franchise, im finally done with it all. the ONE rating is solely for the thought the game devs put into the campaign. The multiplayer is what made the new string of COD games such a hit. Unfortunately they failed to change the game mechanic wise (i.e. Instant knifing, inaccurate hitboxes, dropshots). What i would have expected after all of theHaving been a loyal consumer of the COD franchise, im finally done with it all. the ONE rating is solely for the thought the game devs put into the campaign. The multiplayer is what made the new string of COD games such a hit. Unfortunately they failed to change the game mechanic wise (i.e. Instant knifing, inaccurate hitboxes, dropshots). What i would have expected after all of the other games is improvement. What many get from this multiplayer are small unthoughtful maps, same grahpics as previous games, and a ball of frustration. Most of the maps are EXTREMELY small and after the first 3 or so minutes, people start spawning near each other and its all very confusing.. you kinda ask yourself , "wait, me and this guy cleared out this area, and then we both got taken out by some guy who just spawned in an area we cleared" This game is a major disappointment. I really do not know why all critics give this game such high review. These game critics do not have taste, because this game is not up to par. Other sequel games out there improve their game each time, but since cod4 the skins of the gun look the same, the map texture looks the same. Little has improved, but i've spent $60 for COD too many times. Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    Nothing has changed about this game since Cod4. Beat the campaign in one night. Played online for 5 hours then sent it back. This games graphics looks like **** compared to most other shooters. No matter how much you try to cover up the games **** bit-map shading by using dynamic light, it still looks like a game from 2005. If you want to play a good game for 60$ you can find it elsewhere.
  80. Nov 12, 2011
    The step up from World at War to Black Ops was immense; the entire game felt different, unique and innovative. MW2 to MW3 however does not; the HUD is almost identical so is the Visuals, even most of the most. Treyarch have done wonderful things with Call of Duty; Infinity Ward struck lucky with MW1 and have never really built a solid superior game to continue their momentum, this show in MW3.
  81. Nov 12, 2011
    I first want to say, that I liked Modern Warfare 2, it was al-right and addictive. I hated Blacks ops, really stinks as bad as BO (Hence the acronym?) Modern Warfare 3 is nothing new. Its the same cookie-cutter shape as the last 3 (or 4?) years now. The Call of Duty series just needs to be laid to rest before it loses all of what's left of its dignity as modern shooter.
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). Once again a failure of Activision/InfinityWard to produce anything but an overpriced spray-at-the-feet repeat; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and optDisappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). Once again a failure of Activision/InfinityWard to produce anything but an overpriced spray-at-the-feet repeat; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt for MW1/BO instead. Expand
  83. Nov 13, 2011
    I really used to enjoy the call of duty games, but unfortunately this one isn't any different from the previous ones. I purchased the game on the morning of the release and as I went online I noticed most of the players were at level 30 or higher. Some in fact at level 60! WHAT IS GOING ON, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN 10 HOURS FROM THE RELEASE! This is really annoying. Also this has theI really used to enjoy the call of duty games, but unfortunately this one isn't any different from the previous ones. I purchased the game on the morning of the release and as I went online I noticed most of the players were at level 30 or higher. Some in fact at level 60! WHAT IS GOING ON, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN 10 HOURS FROM THE RELEASE! This is really annoying. Also this has the same gameplay and even thou I did pretty well online I feel disappointed all and all. Expand
  84. Nov 13, 2011
    I loved Modern Warfare 2. I loved Black Ops and all the changes it brought. But, i HATE Modern Warfare 3. Its basically a map pack. Pros: large maps, great graphics, easier to kill people (i.e. doesn't take a full clip), new game modes like the tag game, nerfed snipers. Cons: too many sub menus. they aren't intuitive. Doesn't have dedicated server so I've been notice lag again.I loved Modern Warfare 2. I loved Black Ops and all the changes it brought. But, i HATE Modern Warfare 3. Its basically a map pack. Pros: large maps, great graphics, easier to kill people (i.e. doesn't take a full clip), new game modes like the tag game, nerfed snipers. Cons: too many sub menus. they aren't intuitive. Doesn't have dedicated server so I've been notice lag again. And if you're the host, you're at a disadvantage. the perk packages are confusing and aren't straight forward. I loved Black Ops and how you could create your own character in the manner you wanted. The purchase system rocked - as did the wager matches. The maps are too busy which makes it hard to pick up players. I hate the new system in non-hardcore that doesn't let you see what team someone is on unless they are close. That's what hardcore is for. They are allowing knifing across the room again. and finally, the environment isn't destructible. after playing BF3, that is one of the things I loved. it keeps the game changing and never stagnant. it also helps keep campers from staying in the same spot since you can blow the hell out of it.

overall, MW3 was a big disappointment. I usually LOVE call of duty games but this felt like nothing more than a map pack with a step backwards from Black Ops because of the confusing menus, undoing the purchasing system, lack of combat training to get to know the maps, and overall feel of the game.

after this, I'm moving to battlefield 3. it's a far superior game. Call of duty, you suck now. You could have come out with an amazing product and built on the success of black ops. but you struck out.

things they can do to improve: get dedicated servers, get destructible environment, bring back the the purchase system
  85. Nov 15, 2011
    Not what I was looking for. I found this to be the most dumbed down COD experience yet. The changes made to the perk and killstreak systems are cool at first but after the paint wears off, you realize it's the same old car underneath. Multiplayer just doesn't feel right and doesn't run as smooth at MW2.

I guess what can you expect with the core staff of IW leaving. They played it too safe this time and yes the casuals and mindless who just buy this game every year because they see a commercial on sunday will buy it, but the people realize what's going on are waking up.
  86. Nov 15, 2011
    Ctrl C + Ctrl V... Call of Duty 1.3... same old game, same old stuff. Developers begging for good ratings on Metacritic just shows how much they know it sucks. It's not even like the Multiplayer maps are any good, although they were made by Sledgehammer so no surprise! Stay away.
  87. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm mainly giving this bad review to piss off the elitist professional reviewers that are **** about the user score on here.

This score is indicative of gamers being tired of the same old thing.
  88. Nov 15, 2011
    The single player is fun, but the multiplayer is more or less the same stuff. No real innovation from MW2 (at least Black Ops added in some unique features). The multiplayer maps are dull and poorly designed.
  89. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is basically MW2 with a few added bells and whistles (that might I add are not worth $60, and then if you don't pay the extra $50 for the Elite service you are wasting even more money). The quick scoping on this game seems to have been made easier, which I personally find annoying. I would have liked it to be more challenging. The campaign is pretty good, but it's not worthThis game is basically MW2 with a few added bells and whistles (that might I add are not worth $60, and then if you don't pay the extra $50 for the Elite service you are wasting even more money). The quick scoping on this game seems to have been made easier, which I personally find annoying. I would have liked it to be more challenging. The campaign is pretty good, but it's not worth buying the game for it.
    I'm sticking to COD and returning both of my copies today, and trading them in for Skyrim. What a waste of our hard earned money!
  90. Nov 15, 2011
    This release would have been better served as DLC content. The IW/Treyarch engine is getting fairly long in the tooth. The series, like several others, should take a year off once in a while and not feel obligated to release a rehash just for the purpose of cashing in.
  91. Nov 15, 2011
    Wow, deja vu all over again. Can we get a story that doesn't involve Russians for a change? And how about getting rid of game breaking killstreak rewards and multiplayer that amounts to little more than laser tag? This is war, hanging out in a building until someone finishes emptying their clip at you so you can shoot back is boring. If someone is hiding in a building, you should be ableWow, deja vu all over again. Can we get a story that doesn't involve Russians for a change? And how about getting rid of game breaking killstreak rewards and multiplayer that amounts to little more than laser tag? This is war, hanging out in a building until someone finishes emptying their clip at you so you can shoot back is boring. If someone is hiding in a building, you should be able to blow the wall down with a rocket or tank round, or oh wait, you already can, and it's called BATTLEFIELD. I don't know why I bothered with this game, I barely played Black Ops. No more peer pressure, my true love is and always has been Battlefield. THOSE guys know war games. They do their homework on weapon sounds and handling. When you play that game, hearing the symphony of realtime gunfire and explosions is like being smack in the middle of Black Hawk Down. But you know what, let COD exist if only to keep the kiddies and noobs out of my Battlefield so us big boys can have our fun too. If I want an arcade shooter experience, I'll stick by the pioneer, HALO. Otherwise, when I want to play a real war game, BF3 is where it's at. Let's face it, Activision is going to bleed COD dry just like they did Guitar Hero. The franchise will die of overexposure, which is a shame, because a long time ago, it was a decent game, that is, until DICE let me blow down walls in an M1 Abrams tank! Expand
  92. Nov 18, 2011
    Love the series but hate hate hate this game. No innovation, just the same rehashed game we have seen every year for the last couple of years. The multiplayer is worse than ever thought.
  93. Nov 18, 2011
    Crap, Crap, Crap and Crap. This game is MW1.3. BF3 is a lot better, or even just get Skyrim. I thought this was going to be ok but i was worng..... It is stupid, same as CoD 4/MW2. Get a different shooter guys :)
  94. Nov 18, 2011
    MWF2 in a "new and improved" package. Give me a break. I didn't buy the game for the multiplayer as I prefer team based gaming you get from Battlefield. If you're going to cry about how large the maps are and how you can't get 20 kills in 5 seconds, then we don't want your lame ass playing anyway. I bought Black Ops and never finished it. Prolly won't finish MWF3 campaign either.MWF2 in a "new and improved" package. Give me a break. I didn't buy the game for the multiplayer as I prefer team based gaming you get from Battlefield. If you're going to cry about how large the maps are and how you can't get 20 kills in 5 seconds, then we don't want your lame ass playing anyway. I bought Black Ops and never finished it. Prolly won't finish MWF3 campaign either. MWF3..meh. I have more fun playing with my inflatable sheep. Expand
  95. Nov 18, 2011
    How do you spell Dialed In? = Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Save yourself some money and just keep playing Black Ops. It feels (and looks) exactly the same!
  96. Nov 19, 2011
    What do you get when you take a great thing, dilute the hell out of it over the series of about 3 more games, then charge for it the same price as the original great? MW3. I give this a four and not a zero because a zero is just kind of ridiculous. If a game starts up at all, it at least deserves a one. The main reason this gets a four is, it's not just kicking a dead horse, it's kickingWhat do you get when you take a great thing, dilute the hell out of it over the series of about 3 more games, then charge for it the same price as the original great? MW3. I give this a four and not a zero because a zero is just kind of ridiculous. If a game starts up at all, it at least deserves a one. The main reason this gets a four is, it's not just kicking a dead horse, it's kicking it's ashes at this point. Expand
  97. Nov 19, 2011
    MW3 shows evidence that Activision and IW have been severely impaired by the loss of Camp, Zampanella and the better half of IW's staff. It appears as though the rest of subsequent COD releases will suffer from "Treyarch Syndrome" which includes a lack of innovation and a franchise greed driven by the publisher, Activision. I would boycott Activision and EA, however, they own much of theMW3 shows evidence that Activision and IW have been severely impaired by the loss of Camp, Zampanella and the better half of IW's staff. It appears as though the rest of subsequent COD releases will suffer from "Treyarch Syndrome" which includes a lack of innovation and a franchise greed driven by the publisher, Activision. I would boycott Activision and EA, however, they own much of the gaming world so I would be left with few games to play. Kudos to Bethesda and Rockstar for keeping their integrity (so far) in publishing only reputable developers and for their active involvement in developing themselves.

R.I.P. Infinity Ward
    Shame on Activision
  98. Nov 19, 2011
    Have u seen how dated the graphics are. Everything is the exact same. Its a $60 map pack. Activison is just milking the Call of Duty series after all. People get ready for the next 6 map packs in a 2 months!
  99. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    Perhaps the most overrated video game of 2011. Activision and its companies associated with the development of the Call of Duty franchise reach a new low. For starters, this game has not offered any innovation like the its prequels. The last few Call of Duty games play and look the same. Each year, it is just a routine of including new weaponry, levels and maps within the developmentalPerhaps the most overrated video game of 2011. Activision and its companies associated with the development of the Call of Duty franchise reach a new low. For starters, this game has not offered any innovation like the its prequels. The last few Call of Duty games play and look the same. Each year, it is just a routine of including new weaponry, levels and maps within the developmental process. And content which has been introduced has usually been lame and unimaginative. This indeed the case for Modern Warfare 3. The storyline is generally rushed, unforgettable, ridiculous and generic. As for the characters, I simply could not find myself caring for any of them. This is intended to be a dramatic conclusion to word war 3. Yet it relies too much on action, characters dying, and scripted events to make it remotely interesting. There is no sense of 'humanity' or drama within this game. Instead, it is like playing a Michael Bay movie. No soul, originality or depth; but very eye-catching. But still, the gameplay and graphics are almost the exact same as Modern Warfare 2. I find that especially weak because I found Modern Warfare 2 to be mediocre at best. Neither of both fields received any substantial improvement within Modern Warfare 3. Just run, shoot, use grenade and camp. That practically summarizes the Modern Warfare 3 experience for both campaign and Multiplayer. What has been introduced is either sub-par or broken.

In conclusion, you can find far better games this year. I urge you consider buying Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3 and others instead of this rehashed garbage. By buying this game, you essentially doom the video game industry to an era of video games which sell millions based upon which franchise they belong to without even offering a shred of innovation. This game simply does not merit the amount of praise and sails which it has received.

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.