Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360

3.4

1. Nov 14, 2011
    A bit disappointed by the moment. The campaign is ok but the visuals look outdated and recycled from previous COD games. The multi is more similar to Black Ops than MW2, especially the clustered maze-like maps with horrible spawns. I recommend to try it before buying.
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is just your average COD. If you ever played a Modern Warfare title you should know what to expect online. Spec ops is more challenging than zombies, but once you get your strategy down its pretty boring. The only thing I enjoyed was the campaign just don't go in hoping for an epic story. The game was really only made for die hard fans of COD because if you factor in the 20This game is just your average COD. If you ever played a Modern Warfare title you should know what to expect online. Spec ops is more challenging than zombies, but once you get your strategy down its pretty boring. The only thing I enjoyed was the campaign just don't go in hoping for an epic story. The game was really only made for die hard fans of COD because if you factor in the 20 downloads that are coming at $10-15 a pop you'll be spending over $250 and that screws you over in more ways than one. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a good game, but itâ
  4. Nov 19, 2011
    CoD4 was a game I really liked playing besides Halo 3 when it came out, but since MW2 and now MW3, I've realized that I never really liked the games as much as other FPS's like Halo or Battlefield.
    The campaign in MW3 is at some points epic, but overall it's stale and pointlessly kills every interesting characters except Price.
    The online multiplayer in this series has always been really
    The online multiplayer in this series has always been really fun, or so I thought, I've become a bit older since this series started and not every friend I used to play with is available all the time to play this game with me. What I found out is that I can't stand playing this game alone without another friend with me, when I run around and kill the other players, I get no satisfaction, even if I get a killstreak. I need one of my friends to talk to, about anything that pops up in our minds, I love it when we trashtalk the other players, and get them frustrated, or just trashtalking eachother. It gives me a thrill, but when I play alone, I hate it like the pest itself.
    Which I find wierd, since I got no problem playing Halo Reach or BF3 online all alone, of course these games also becomes better when played with friends, but I can still play them alone.
    MW3 is a great game to play with friends because of its fast paced action and killstreaks, but is overall a really bad game. I give it a 5 because it's actually fun to play with friends, but no good game should require me playing with friends to make it a fun experience, playing with friends should be an extra fun bonus.
    If Halo and Battlefield can do it, so should MW3 be able to do it.
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that since cod4 I have been playing every call of duty title. Cod4 was an amazing and realistic shooter game. But the modern warfare series has steadily grown stagnant. I for one am sick of playing these games online because they reward people for not moving at all (camping). At least Black Ops got their killstreaks right. And another thing that bugs me: for allLet me start off by saying that since cod4 I have been playing every call of duty title. Cod4 was an amazing and realistic shooter game. But the modern warfare series has steadily grown stagnant. I for one am sick of playing these games online because they reward people for not moving at all (camping). At least Black Ops got their killstreaks right. And another thing that bugs me: for all of the money that infinity ward rakes in on these games, they still have not implemented dedicated servers. It is darn near impossible to take an enemy out when you have three bars. Don't get me wrong. This game still gets some things right. For instance, the control scheme is still as good as ever and I rarely realize I have a controller in my hands. The online leveling system is really addictive, although I would have liked a currency and contract system a lot more than the standard "wait til you unlock it" of previous mw games.While the campaign is at times thrilling, I believe IW could have done better in the enemy spawn system they have implemented in the game than have enemies come flooding in to the map every time you turn the corner.Why couldn't the enemies just be there waiting for you?( in some instances). Finally, I wish that IW would listen to their fans more instead of resting on their past success. We the consumer do know a thing or two about what we would like in future games. Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok, so everybody keeps saying that this game is terrible. i understand why they would say this. however i don't hate the game. first off the campaign is great. obviously campaign isnt the same thing as multiplayer, but it was fun, had a lot of variety, and had a good ending. second off, spec ops is better then ever. in my opinion survival mode is better than zombies. others may not agreeOk, so everybody keeps saying that this game is terrible. i understand why they would say this. however i don't hate the game. first off the campaign is great. obviously campaign isnt the same thing as multiplayer, but it was fun, had a lot of variety, and had a good ending. second off, spec ops is better then ever. in my opinion survival mode is better than zombies. others may not agree with me but this is my opinion. a lot of people dont like survival because it is only a 2 person game, but to tell you the truth it wouldn't be fun with 3-4 people. also it would be extremely easy on low waves, and then extremely difficult on high waves(because of how chaotic it would be).also the mission modes are good. if you like them in mw2 then you'll like them now. Finally, online is good but not great (but certainly not terrible either). i do have to admit it is a lot like mw2. but is that really a bad thing? mw2 was amazing. i still play it 3 years later. this game has most of the things that were great from cod4 and the things that were great from mw2, then put them into another game and added some better features. i dont see anything wrong with that. so, overall this game is good. and is definitely deserves more credit than it deserves. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    First of all, all of the people in here that are giving this game a 0 out of 10, get out. I don't think I've ever run across a game that's truly that bad. You people say that the singleplayer is ok, yet you give it a 0? STOP SKEWING THE REVIEWS!! With that out of the way, I can get to the review. No this game isn't the best CoD game ever, nor is it the worst. The Singleplayer campaign isFirst of all, all of the people in here that are giving this game a 0 out of 10, get out. I don't think I've ever run across a game that's truly that bad. You people say that the singleplayer is ok, yet you give it a 0? STOP SKEWING THE REVIEWS!! With that out of the way, I can get to the review. No this game isn't the best CoD game ever, nor is it the worst. The Singleplayer campaign is what you would come to expect from a Call of Duty game. A game with moments that make you feel like you are watching an intense action movie. Yes it is a bit short, but I don't want to play 15 hours of Shoot em'up in the desert. So SP gets a 7 out of 10. Special Ops is the same as MW2 and different at the same time. Survival mode is an interesting new game mode, but nothing we haven't seen in Horde or Firefight in GOW or Halo respectively. It isn't something you'll be playing for hours on end trying to get to the next wave, it just doesn't have that appeal. The missions in Spec Ops are the same that you would see in MW2, a few on the ground, a few in the air, and a few collecting data or what not. Fun but once again, not something you'll be playing for more than a few hours or coming back to again and again. So Spec Ops gets a 6/10 from me. Now let's tackle the real reason millions of people buy Call of Duty games, the multiplayer. First off, the people that are saying it's an expansion pack to MW2 are just plain wrong. There are at least 15 new weapons and 16 NEW MAPS!! A total new killstreak system and some new gametypes totally render that argument obsolete. With that said, why fix a core multiplayer when millions of people loved MW2? I guarantee you if they totally revamped the MP the same people would be complaining that it was too different, so there really is no pleasing you guys. That said, if you didn't look at the title you would have a hard time telling the difference between MW2 and MW3 graphics. Activision might have cut some corners in that respect. A few things I've noticed about the MP is that there aren't enough complex and wide open maps, too many CQB maps. A few too many overpowered dominating weapons (Type 95, MP7). And grenades are a little too underpowered. That being said there are plenty of changes to LOVE from MW2. First, the idea of pointstreaks is brilliant, it encourages team play and lets players who arent going to get 10 kills in a row still able to help the team in some way. Second the idea of adding weapon XP in addition to regular XP is also smart, and not those ridiculous challenges for 1000 headshots with every gun. (Honestly who does that?) Third, the fact that they made grenade launchers "noobtubes" as ineffective as they are might be one of the smartest and series saving moves a developer has ever made. SOOOO many people were turned off at MW2 because all 12 people were using them. All in all the MP is in a way the same but also in a way a totally new and refreshing experience. If you didn't like Cod multiplayer before you're not going to like it now, and if you were one of the many that did, I think you will really enjoy this new take on killstreaks. MP gets an 8/10. So contrary to all of the people saying it's not worth 60 dollars, it is definitely worth 60 dollars. Modern Warfare 3 won't blow you away like MW2 did, but it makes enough subtle changes to earn the right to be called MW3 and not MW2.5. Overall this game would get a 7 out of 10 from me. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    7.5 at an absolute push, MW3 to me was a disappointment, and unless Activision allow the developers to take some innovative new directions, will be sign posted as the beginning of the once great COD franchise's decline.

Allow me to backup ever so slightly and elaborate on why I believe this was such a let down. I will start by saying this review applies to about 87% of the total content of the game, which is the multiplayer portion. I did not touch the campaign, as i suspect the majority of players buying the game will not either.

Graphically the game is just fine. Users on this site claiming it looks poor or outdated are over exaggerating, as the game looks perfectly current (in terms of console comparisons) whilst not as impressive as i found in BF3 or Crysis 2. It's smooth and runs at the staple 60fps although does feel a incy wincy little bit like a MW2 re-skin, however this is not a bad thing as that game looked great too.

The overall game play is your standard COD fare, which is great if your a hardcore COD fan, that is to say guns kill quick (faster than BLOPs and appears slightly quicker than MW2), customised classes, kill-streaks (slightly revises and coming in 3 flavours essentially offense, defense, show off) and cluttered maps that allow your usual run and gunners or your "tactical" campers.

What i found lacking was only a couple of new game modes; kill confirmed is a variation on team death match and involves picking up a dog tag to score a point after killing someone. The maps were all mediocre and not nearly appealing to play the first time around as was the case in MW2. Having perks that remove recoil also reduces the competitiveness when using that weapon as you essentially have a weapon that is easier to aim with than a low level player new to the game.

In summary, i will say that the majority of you guys interested in supplying yourself with another COD fix will be satisfied and will find loads to keep you busy. If your after something different and more competitive, then get battlefield 3.
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is fun, but more of the same from the explosive formula that came from the first Modern Warfare. If you enjoyed every Call of Duty up to this point, and you get psyched up for the new kill streaks, new perks, new weapons and load outs, then by all means give MW3 a go. I'd personally wait for a price drop to the $40 range, as I feel the price of $60 USD forCall of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is fun, but more of the same from the explosive formula that came from the first Modern Warfare. If you enjoyed every Call of Duty up to this point, and you get psyched up for the new kill streaks, new perks, new weapons and load outs, then by all means give MW3 a go. I'd personally wait for a price drop to the $40 range, as I feel the price of $60 USD for what appears to be a slightly more than expansion-level offering is a tad high. By no means a bad game, but you played this game last year, the year before, the year before that and the year before that. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    this game is a disappointment, we all know is more of the same but sometimes this is a good thing if you can refresh the formula. the story its ok and the multiplayer is what i dislike. 90% of the Cod player buy this game for the multiplayer, my friends call themselves hardcore player but when you ask them about the main story they are like ????? i think paying 50$-60$ for somethis game is a disappointment, we all know is more of the same but sometimes this is a good thing if you can refresh the formula. the story its ok and the multiplayer is what i dislike. 90% of the Cod player buy this game for the multiplayer, my friends call themselves hardcore player but when you ask them about the main story they are like ????? i think paying 50$-60$ for some maps-perk-guns is ridiculous. i would rather pay 30$ for an ultimate DLC with all the new multiplayer things Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    I bought MW3 and a damn xbox just to play with friends. I played Black Ops on PS3 and I was really into it but I can't tell if xbox graphics are just bad or if MW3 looks bad. Overall I am having fun playing multiplayer and Special Op scenarios with friends, but graphics and progression since previous games are blah.
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    alright, lets just start out sayin this, its not a "bad" game, but it definetly is not worth 60 dollars. i like cod, but i feel that this is just a brand name game.. people just buy it cause its cod. mw3 is just the same thing as all of them, the first one was great, the second was pretty good, black ops, ehhh, and now mw3...... wait didnt i just play this game 3 times before i bought it?alright, lets just start out sayin this, its not a "bad" game, but it definetly is not worth 60 dollars. i like cod, but i feel that this is just a brand name game.. people just buy it cause its cod. mw3 is just the same thing as all of them, the first one was great, the second was pretty good, black ops, ehhh, and now mw3...... wait didnt i just play this game 3 times before i bought it? thats exactly what this game is, a rehash of the previous installments. its like a big map pack with a new campaign.. id say its worth 25, not 60. theyve only added a couple new features, besides 16 new maps, but they all feel lie mw2 maps.
    if you really like the cod series, go for this total waste of money. cause all your getting is some new maps..
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    The campaign in MW3 was a lot of fun to me, while the writing could have maybe used a little improvement, the gameplay was top notch. A ton of action and varying gameplay features kept it quite fresh, to me anyway. The Special Ops aren't anything ground breaking, and survival is a welcomed addition, but after a few games of both you'll grow tired of them quickly. That leaves the us withThe campaign in MW3 was a lot of fun to me, while the writing could have maybe used a little improvement, the gameplay was top notch. A ton of action and varying gameplay features kept it quite fresh, to me anyway. The Special Ops aren't anything ground breaking, and survival is a welcomed addition, but after a few games of both you'll grow tired of them quickly. That leaves the us with the multiplayer, this is the bread and butter of CoD games. This is where you will spend countless hours fragging friends, and foes alike. The only problem is that MW3's multiplayer is arguably worse then previous installments overall. Sure, some things they do tight, such as the perk rebalancing, and gun leveling, but gameplay-wise it is a step backwards. Spawns are bad at best, maps aren't memorable, after 3 installments they still have failed to give us a proper system link option and private game options, which are vital to competitive CoD, they did away with the dive from Black Ops. I feel that if you really are a fan of what CoD is all about, the multiplayer, then you might-as-well stick with Black Ops, as it already has quality maps, very polished gameplay, and an overall better multiplayer experience. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2011
    Disappointing sums MW3 up nicely. The trailers made it look like it was shaping up to be one of 2011's best games. Instead we got MW2 with a couple of add-ons. Multiplayer, is well MW2, it's the exact same, plays the same, looks the same but it does have some different kill streaks which is a positive. I gave MW3 a 6 purely for the story, it was compelling and it was just a really good story.
  15. Nov 24, 2011
    I bought Modern Warfare 3 because I felt like an online shooter and it seemed like my best bet. I didn't like Bad Company 2 so Battlefield 3 was out of the question, and nothing else really appealed... I'm not really a Halo fan but I played Reach until I got bored, which was fairly quickly. And personally I thought Gears 3 was less than amazing, But I have had some fun on Call Of DutyI bought Modern Warfare 3 because I felt like an online shooter and it seemed like my best bet. I didn't like Bad Company 2 so Battlefield 3 was out of the question, and nothing else really appealed... I'm not really a Halo fan but I played Reach until I got bored, which was fairly quickly. And personally I thought Gears 3 was less than amazing, But I have had some fun on Call Of Duty games, for all the inevitable frustration that goes with them. I'll admit, my favourite was World At War, but I played COD 4 enough and spent some time on Modern Warfare 2 before I got distracted by something else and never came back. I will say I wasn't really interested in the campaign. Despite completing COD 4 and MW2 I can't really remember much at all and I'm not a big fan of this kind of on rails campaign anyway. I doubt I'll ever complete this one with Skyrim and even Saints Row: The Third still to be played. The new Spec Ops modes are entertaining enough, though. At least it wasn't zombies again, right? And even if you liked the zombies, at least they're not charging you money for the same old zombies mode (at least for now,) right? Anyway, multiplayer is exactly what I expected; Modern Warfare 2, more or less. As a casual COD player I can't really tell the difference. And by reading this, I'm guessing you kind of fit into the same crowd. Don't get me wrong, it plays well enough and it's still worth some fun but it's nothing new and it still has the same set of problems, especially with not using dedicated servers... I know people have ranted about that fact since it was released, but it is annoying. The weapons roster consists of exactly the guns you could have guessed... AK, M16, etc. They're 'customised' in the same ways. But as mediocre an offering as Black Ops was, at least it had a crossbow and a **** axe to mix things up a bit. The maps aren't great either. They mostly look cool but they're not a lot of fun. I can understand the phrase 'if it ain't broke don't fix it,' but I would have used something more along the lines of 'not bad, not perfect' to describe the last few games, and that's definitely true this time around as well. I'll give it a 6, because while it's still good enough to exceed mediocrity, it's nothing amazing or even new. I'll still play it until I get bored, but sadly I can already feel it'll be collecting dust on a shelf in my local CeX soon enough. Expand
  16. Nov 24, 2011
    As a game MW3 isn't bad. I enjoyed the campaign a good bit. It was fun to play and even though it had all sorts of cheesy Michael Bay explosions and action I really enjoyed it. It's what you expect from the last of this story arc. As for multiplayer, it's still the same game. The game is solid and plays like all the previous CoDs up to Call of Duty 4. With that being said the gameAs a game MW3 isn't bad. I enjoyed the campaign a good bit. It was fun to play and even though it had all sorts of cheesy Michael Bay explosions and action I really enjoyed it. It's what you expect from the last of this story arc. As for multiplayer, it's still the same game. The game is solid and plays like all the previous CoDs up to Call of Duty 4. With that being said the game has nothing for innovation. Strike packages? Big deal. Weapon levels? Who cares. Sounds like IW's version of the Madden hit stick. And as for being the most balanced CoD yet, I say boo. Ever hear of the Type 95 IW? Someone dropped the ball on balancing that thing out. Essentially MW3 is nothing more then a really big expansion pack for Modern Warfare 2. I mean if you really really liked MW2 then this is the game for you, but after awhile don't you get tired of the same old thing? Everything is more or less the same. I hate to break it to you Activision but Battlefield has for sure set up shop in your town. And they mean to get bigger and better. I suggest you stop milking this cow and start with some major effin overhaul of your flagship game or you're going to have another Guitar hero on your hands. Yes, a lot of people will still be playing MW3 and they will buy and play the next CoD but rest assured the movement has begun. The world is catching on to you and it will only get worse from here on out unless you do something about it. As for Call of Duty Elite: what a waste of money. Go online and do your research and you'll learn even more then what that damn thing has to offer. P.S. Spec ops is actually pretty fun but it's one of those thing once you finish it you'll probably never go back to it. Expand
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    They say change is good and also that fortune favors the bold. Tell that to Activision because they need help if this franchise is going to survive among 'real' gamers and not the mindless masses who buy games out of trends. So the Modern Warfare single player story finally came to a close and it's basically what anyone would expect out of a Modern Warfare game. It's not bad, I actuallyThey say change is good and also that fortune favors the bold. Tell that to Activision because they need help if this franchise is going to survive among 'real' gamers and not the mindless masses who buy games out of trends. So the Modern Warfare single player story finally came to a close and it's basically what anyone would expect out of a Modern Warfare game. It's not bad, I actually enjoyed it. Even if it was a walk in the park on Veteran. The multiplayer is what is considered the full CoD experience and this is where this game remains bent on making bad idea after bad move. Less is more. The maps are SMALL. Ground War which was my favorite mode is not meant for ANY map they have so far. Oh and the Elite service which means shelling out 50 bucks for stat tracking and bad contests. Spec Ops is fine but it's 2 players only. Cater to the masses and make a bland experience should be Activisions new slogan for the Modern Warfare franchise from now on. Expand
  18. Nov 26, 2011
    While the single-player and spec ops modes are fine the multiplayer in this game feels like a step backwards. Map design is lacking and the lag issues online are horrendous. Stopped playing multiplayer on it after only a short-time as it was just not fun. hate to say it but I felt black ops was a superior multiplayer experience to this. This game should have been a much tighter multiplayerWhile the single-player and spec ops modes are fine the multiplayer in this game feels like a step backwards. Map design is lacking and the lag issues online are horrendous. Stopped playing multiplayer on it after only a short-time as it was just not fun. hate to say it but I felt black ops was a superior multiplayer experience to this. This game should have been a much tighter multiplayer experience than it is and just feels like a laggy run-and-gun test of reflexes. Expand
  19. Dec 2, 2011
    Great Game but the formula is getting really old fast. In Multiplayer the level design is great for stopping camping and overpowered sniper points but fails at have any since of character in the maps. I really feel the "Paintball" simulator effect in the maps. They have lots of cover but are basicly big ovals with multipul paths. In Black Ops there was envirmental stuff that made the mapGreat Game but the formula is getting really old fast. In Multiplayer the level design is great for stopping camping and overpowered sniper points but fails at have any since of character in the maps. I really feel the "Paintball" simulator effect in the maps. They have lots of cover but are basicly big ovals with multipul paths. In Black Ops there was envirmental stuff that made the map feel alive; and each map had a different character. MW3 sometimes confusess me as to what map I'm playing.

I like the changes made to the Killstreaks but why not keep the Black Ops improvments?! What the Hell are you thinking of?

Ths Single Player is just a joke now and is worthless other then to take a break from the multiplayer. Basicly, this is a good game that could of been great if you just tried to think more outside the box.
  20. Dec 2, 2011
    The game so far has been quite fun. Definitely what MW2 should've been. Still rage inducing at times, especially with stupid and unnecessary noob tools, like the Heartbeat Sensor, and deathstreaks, such as Final Stand and Dead Man's Hand. Btw, Bowling if you're reading this, you are such a troll (e.g. the "ecstatic" announcement of Last Stand being removed, then leaving Final Stand in).The game so far has been quite fun. Definitely what MW2 should've been. Still rage inducing at times, especially with stupid and unnecessary noob tools, like the Heartbeat Sensor, and deathstreaks, such as Final Stand and Dead Man's Hand. Btw, Bowling if you're reading this, you are such a troll (e.g. the "ecstatic" announcement of Last Stand being removed, then leaving Final Stand in). There are still weapon imbalances, but at least the support for the game by the devs is much better compared to MW2, though that's not saying much considering the debacle that occurred during MW2's post release. Speaking of support, the support strike package is absolutely devastating in the hands of good players. Killstreaks are pretty much nullified in this game due to map design, great team players with Stingers, and the ability to scroll through your killstreaks so you'll save that EMP for when you really need it.

Aesthetically, the game is pretty much a copy+paste. If, by any chance, this is your first time playing CoD since MW1, you won't get lost. At all. If you jump from MW2 to MW3, the only difference you'll notice is that the backdrop of the menus is a darker shade of grey. Graphically, there is little to no difference, which is inevitable since they're still using the same engine since MW1.

The campaign was rather forgettable. Then again, it was pretty hard to top the MW1 campaign, but more action-packed set pieces after action packed set pieces kind of nullifies the player to such spectacles since the saying "you've seen them once, you've seen them all" applies here. Only exemption is the collapsing of the Eiffel Tower, nothing against the French. Spec Ops is pretty fun, as the missions offer a different take on the scenarios players experienced in the campaign. Survival's leveling up system is a welcome addition, as it gives players incentive to play on as the unlocks really help to survive the later stages. Overall, is the game deserving of the hate? That's arguable, as I'm sure considerable efforts could've been made to really move the game forward. The budget shouldn't be a concern, for obvious reasons. It's really a love it, hate it kind of deal, but more incorporation of community feedback would be welcome. After all, consumers purchase their games, and they're the ones to please. Complaining about metacritic scores is one thing, failing to act upon constructive criticism is another. While the latter is evident, it is still sufficiently lacking.
  21. Dec 3, 2011
    how is this game rated so low?
    its a great game. personally i hated blops
    the net code was **** the lag was terrible the maps were garbage what i dont understand is HOW ON EARTH did you not expect this to be MW 2.5 did no one watch the video trailers did no one read the blogs they stated over and over they were using the exact same engine what was it you were all expecting . . . i knew
    how is this game rated so low?
    its a great game. personally i hated blops
    the net code was **** the lag was terrible
    the maps were garbage

what i dont understand is HOW ON EARTH
    did you not expect this to be MW 2.5
    did no one watch the video trailers
    did no one read the blogs
    they stated over and over they were using the exact same engine
    what was it you were all expecting . . . i knew what i was buying and i didnt mind spending the money
    i got an expansion pack for mw2 that contained a bunch of new maps
    [just like mw2 - some **** - some great]
    a lot of re-balancing and tweaking
    and few new gadgets and streaks

im not disappointed or let down from the game
    but thats because im a realist who actually looked in to it
    i didn't just think to myself "ohh new call of duty!"
    this game is the Michael bay of FPS war shooters
    and i hate that douche, the campaign means nothing to me
    spec ops is fun for one run through them but its all about the MP and on that front they made ALOT of improvements
    if this was the first CoD it'd be a 9/10
    but IW gets only a 6/10 for the minimal work done
  22. Dec 6, 2011
    Reasons I gave MW3 a 5.
    1) Why can i jump up on one dumpster but not a different one in the same map? Zero continuity, this problem has bugged me from mw2 and BO.
    2) I can run up over a ledge or something but a small object on the ground stops me dead in my tracks? Really! 3) Can I please just have a playlist that connects me to the fastest (lowest ping) game what ever that game is. > 125
    Reasons I gave MW3 a 5.
    3) Can I please just have a playlist that connects me to the fastest (lowest ping) game what ever that game is. > 125 MS games suck!
    4) Putting me in a game that is so lopsided and ready to end? HQ 380 - 0 why bother put me in this?
    5) My biggest complaint. You do not let me turn off that horrible music? Come on I play for hours and I don't want to hear it.
  23. Dec 11, 2011
    Call of Duty: MW3 is not what it seems. This game refines rather than innovates, and slight tweaks make it the "definitive" COD experience. But I can make a definitive loaf of bread simply by slicing it. Point is, marginal differences can make something definitive. Does this make the game bad? No. The formula holds up, it is still fun, but certainly not a deserving recipient of ign's andCall of Duty: MW3 is not what it seems. This game refines rather than innovates, and slight tweaks make it the "definitive" COD experience. But I can make a definitive loaf of bread simply by slicing it. Point is, marginal differences can make something definitive. Does this make the game bad? No. The formula holds up, it is still fun, but certainly not a deserving recipient of ign's and other professional reviewer's perfect scores (who by the way are being paid to score the game that high). These reviews focus on the new (and pathetic) "kill confirmed" mode as if it's redefined world history. Wow, guttoral noises that sound like "kill confirmed" are made when you run into floating dog tags. If you enjoyed the past CODs, and recognize that there is LITTLE TO NO CHANGE between this game and previous ones, then buy it. Otherwise, steer clear. Expand
  24. Jan 1, 2012
    I'll give this game a 5/10. The smooth and fun feel is still there, the exact same feel you got from playing call of duty 4 four years ago. There just aren't any major changes from previous call of duty titles. I'm done paying 60 dollars for a game i bought last year. Hopefully the rest of the world will do the same and rid us of this horrible blemish on the gaming industry.
  25. Feb 5, 2012
    This game reminds me a lot of MW2 but i still had a lot of fun playing it. Some of the new content for multiplayer and the maps are pretty sweet. Plus i like how the campaign picks up right where it left off in MW2.
  26. Feb 7, 2012
    I wouldn't believe the reviews other people give this game, they are simply mad at it's mainstream popularity. With that said, Modern Warfare 3 provides many hours of gameplay to the average FPS player. With an immerse story that is 'the finishing touch' to the series, it is sure to keep you on the edge of your chair the entire time. While I won't get into spoilers, it basically wrapsI wouldn't believe the reviews other people give this game, they are simply mad at it's mainstream popularity. With that said, Modern Warfare 3 provides many hours of gameplay to the average FPS player. With an immerse story that is 'the finishing touch' to the series, it is sure to keep you on the edge of your chair the entire time. While I won't get into spoilers, it basically wraps up the story fans of the other Modern Warfare titles are sure to enjoy. The multiplayer adds some new features, but all in all it is still the same old game. I honestly got bored with it faster than previous Call of Duty's simply because I've already had the experience with it in the past. While it is fun and easy to lose some hours into, it's easy to say that the FPS genre popularity (at least for me) is slowly declining. The Spec Ops is definitely a step up from Modern Warfare 2's. With missions to do, and survival it is sure to keep you entertained for a while with one other friend. By yourself, however, it may be a little bit easier to get bored quicker. The unlock and ranking system is unique and very different from the previous title. But looking deeply into it, it does get repetitive. Go kill some hostiles and collect something of importance, or defend an area. The survival mode on the other hand has different difficulties which adds to the pizazz of the overall game. Once again it is much better and I highly recommend playing with one friend (2 player co-op) so you have more fun with it. Overall, Modern Warfare 3 is a good game and could have been a lot better, minus all the repetitive and perhaps an enhanced multiplayer with even more changes. Expand
  27. Feb 7, 2012
    It's actually funny scrolling down the comments, reading the reviews. In no way is modern warfare 3 a bad game, it is simply a rehash of what we had before. The only reason I give it a six is because it does have tight controls, and it is fun to mess around with friends on, but this $60 DLC is now becoming a norm in gaming, and without innovation the gaming community has nothing. It seemsIt's actually funny scrolling down the comments, reading the reviews. In no way is modern warfare 3 a bad game, it is simply a rehash of what we had before. The only reason I give it a six is because it does have tight controls, and it is fun to mess around with friends on, but this $60 DLC is now becoming a norm in gaming, and without innovation the gaming community has nothing. It seems these overpriced DLC's are also becoming the norm now rather than an exception, which is alarming and it is up to us to stop it. Expand
  28. Feb 20, 2012
    Not a lot to say about this one. If you've played any of the previous games in the series you've pretty much played this. I did enjoy the single player quite a bit, and they did a good job of ending the story line of the previous games. The multiplayer is solid, but unmemorable. Most of the maps feel the same, Not a waste of time, but is showing its age. CoD needs a change, or people willNot a lot to say about this one. If you've played any of the previous games in the series you've pretty much played this. I did enjoy the single player quite a bit, and they did a good job of ending the story line of the previous games. The multiplayer is solid, but unmemorable. Most of the maps feel the same, Not a waste of time, but is showing its age. CoD needs a change, or people will be quickly losing interest. Expand
  29. Apr 6, 2012
    My first COD game and I will not be buying another one. I was expecting an intriguing campaign, great effects and graphics etc. and an outstanding multiplayer experience that would have me hooked for hours. Instead I got an average campaign that I have yet to complete, mediocre graphics and a multiplayer experience that left me feeling abused by 'sweats' and I didn't enjoy it one bit. TheMy first COD game and I will not be buying another one. I was expecting an intriguing campaign, great effects and graphics etc. and an outstanding multiplayer experience that would have me hooked for hours. Instead I got an average campaign that I have yet to complete, mediocre graphics and a multiplayer experience that left me feeling abused by 'sweats' and I didn't enjoy it one bit. The success of this franchise is built on past games. Incredibly disappointed. Expand
  30. Apr 9, 2012
    I don't dislike the Call of Duty series, but this game was a major disappointment. It's pretty much the same thing as MW2 with a few new tweaks. I borrowed the game from a friend and after playing for 2 hours, it became very dull and felt like I was playing MW2. Sure they revamped the killstreak system, added "perks" for the guns, and new games modes (Kill Confirmed, etc.) but it's notI don't dislike the Call of Duty series, but this game was a major disappointment. It's pretty much the same thing as MW2 with a few new tweaks. I borrowed the game from a friend and after playing for 2 hours, it became very dull and felt like I was playing MW2. Sure they revamped the killstreak system, added "perks" for the guns, and new games modes (Kill Confirmed, etc.) but it's not enough innovation to justify the $60 price tag. The aim assist is very strong, there's barely any recoil in guns, deathstreaks are still in the game, killstreaks still do all the work for you, and the community has not changed one bit. I hate that the developers are catering to the casual players and making the game easier for bad players and anyone to get in and do good. It is truly the most disappointing COD title and for all of 2011. Call of Duty was a very great series, but once Activision started to see that green coming in, it all changed. It's now a cash cow and nothing else. Expand
  31. May 10, 2012
    This game is little different from MW2. As soon as you turn it on and see the menu you'll know what im talking about. You get campaign multiplayer and spec ops. The campaign is very good but short. The multiplayer is'nt very good however because all you get is basically maps you most likely wont enjoy and people online that you'll want to kill, because all they want to do is HACK HACKThis game is little different from MW2. As soon as you turn it on and see the menu you'll know what im talking about. You get campaign multiplayer and spec ops. The campaign is very good but short. The multiplayer is'nt very good however because all you get is basically maps you most likely wont enjoy and people online that you'll want to kill, because all they want to do is HACK HACK HACK. The spec ops is back with the standard co-op missions from the past with a new Survival mode. Survival mode is really good and could almost stand toe to toe with Zombies, ALMOST. Its pretty cool you get your own ranking within the survival mode where you level up and are granted accsess to new guns within the mode. All together this game feels like more of the same which is what it seems they've been doing with all the new COD'S. If you havent bought this game yet then dont. I would personally spend 60$ on the upcoming Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 which is comin out in November. Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm not into multiplayer gaming these days, so when I buy a shooter I expect a single player game on the quality bar of something Irrational Games might put out. And while I did enjoy the first and second instalment of CoD on PC, I have become pretty jaded at this point with the the Modern Warfare SP campaigns, which is really nothing more than the same game with a different paint job.I'm not into multiplayer gaming these days, so when I buy a shooter I expect a single player game on the quality bar of something Irrational Games might put out. And while I did enjoy the first and second instalment of CoD on PC, I have become pretty jaded at this point with the the Modern Warfare SP campaigns, which is really nothing more than the same game with a different paint job. Spec-Ops mode is fun for what it is, but other than that I cant in good conscience inflate my score any higher than a yellow mark. So sorry to Glen Schofield, I hear your appeal on twitter and I think it sucks that BF fans are being a-holes with the scores because I think that game suffers from the same lack of innovation and quality in the single player department too... But as far as this MW3 is concerned, imo its a mediocre game simply due to the fact I am so jaded on this franchise now. It just doesn't interest me any more... Doesn't mean any dev who worked on this title shouldn't be proud of their work, as usual their is a good level of polish, but even the most addictive innovative game can get boring after a while, especially if its milked so heavily. The tipping point was at MW2 I think, so we've already started on the gradual decline in gamer support for this IP. Anyone in the industry or who has been gaming since the Atari 2600 has seen this happen many times before. Its a slow undignified death. Expand
  33. Nov 18, 2011
    An excellent sequel to MW2 and expands and improves on the addictive and chaotic multiplayer that makes the franchise such a Juggernaut. While the single player is relatively generic, similar to MW2, the original MW remains the best singleplayer experience. One can only wonder if there will be MW4 or if Infinity Ward will go beyond 'Modern' and take the series to a much need change ofAn excellent sequel to MW2 and expands and improves on the addictive and chaotic multiplayer that makes the franchise such a Juggernaut. While the single player is relatively generic, similar to MW2, the original MW remains the best singleplayer experience. One can only wonder if there will be MW4 or if Infinity Ward will go beyond 'Modern' and take the series to a much need change of setting before the series becomes far too repetitive and begin loosing interest, similar to what happened to Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk's constant releases Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2012
    Despite what good reviews this game got from Ign & the big names and all the hate its got from haters this games falls into average to good. I played the campaign & the online to far detail, the story is still hard to follow but the missions are incredibly fun, by itself the campaign is amazing exhilarating at times. It seems like they had limited support from previous voice actors as youDespite what good reviews this game got from Ign & the big names and all the hate its got from haters this games falls into average to good. I played the campaign & the online to far detail, the story is still hard to follow but the missions are incredibly fun, by itself the campaign is amazing exhilarating at times. It seems like they had limited support from previous voice actors as you don't see too much of "soap" in the game, and when you do, it doesn't sound like the same voice actor as MW2 and overload sounds completely different also. The spec ops is more of the same, but i enjoyed it in mw2 and here as well, some really good co-op, in small speedy bursts unfortunately the multiplayer is terrible, the main problem is the lag compensation system that makes it so bad connections have a chance (in defense of it though, it tries to make the game fair because in previous cods you may have thought you were the better shot but you probably had the better connection) the gun and attachment selection is ok, some weapons are obviously superior to others and the games end fast, the maps don't flow like previous games but the do try to eliminate camping Expand
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    Unlike many people, I had a lot of excitement going into Modern Warfare 3. I greatly enjoyed the campaigns of CoD 4 and MW2, and could not wait to see how Captain Price and Soap's journey ends. Unfortunately while I believe the campaign was still good, I walked away feeling unfulfilled and disappointed. In Modern Warfare 2's campaign when the Russians invaded the United States and youUnlike many people, I had a lot of excitement going into Modern Warfare 3. I greatly enjoyed the campaigns of CoD 4 and MW2, and could not wait to see how Captain Price and Soap's journey ends. Unfortunately while I believe the campaign was still good, I walked away feeling unfulfilled and disappointed. In Modern Warfare 2's campaign when the Russians invaded the United States and you fought through the backyards of rural Virginia, that gave me the feeling of "Woah... holy **** this is kind of awesome!" just because it was so different than your traditional military shooter missions. Modern Warfare 3's campaign just didn't deliver any of those moments for me. It felt as though the campaign just went through the motions, and hit on way too many of the cliche shooter moments. I have always been someone who has greatly enjoyed the Call of Duty multiplayer experience, and committed hours of my life to it. I was excited to see some of the changes they were making, such as strike packages and weapon leveling because I felt it would mix up the flow. However, after playing eight hours so far of multiplayer, I feel it is more broken than ever. Perhaps it is just me, but it feels like weapons are far too overpowered now, and matches have turned into killstreak fests. For instance I remember in MW2 and Black Ops when getting kill streaks such as a stealth bomber and EMP were difficult and rare. However with the support strike package, these are frequent events in games such as domination. Overall Modern Warfare 3 still a good game in my eyes, but the campaign and changes to MW3 just do not live up to the hype they received. While many people may be complaining about the lack of innovation /change or that it's MW2.5, I am complaining because of the unbalanced feel to multiplayer and the campaign that is such a major let down after what I feel was an absolutely terrific MW2 campaign. As much as I love Captain Price and Soap, this game just wasn't able to do them justice. Expand
  36. Nov 19, 2011
    As most Launch titles are these days they always require a bit of patching. A lot of the Imbalance in MW2 was eliminated by Nerfing and Removing certain elements, but compensated by the extra perks, point streaks and Unorthodox Maps. Gameplay still retains it's tradition with a few new extras.

In my Opinion Activision Should Follow the Paths of Blizzard and Valve Alike, Make only a few games and patch them on a regular basis. But when Money is involved i dnt think thats going to happen Overall An Ok game at that, might wait till it's ben patched a bit better.
  37. Feb 6, 2012
    WOW great story loved the campaign were this game fails epic fail is multi player all the modders and hackers ruin the experience and infinity ward has let us down they need to put a permanent ban on violators oh well the maps have a lot to be desired not near as good black ops another let down was no 3d black ops supported 3d and my kill death ratio was better if infinity ward dont fixWOW great story loved the campaign were this game fails epic fail is multi player all the modders and hackers ruin the experience and infinity ward has let us down they need to put a permanent ban on violators oh well the maps have a lot to be desired not near as good black ops another let down was no 3d black ops supported 3d and my kill death ratio was better if infinity ward dont fix the issues ill pass on there next game the visuals are nice slight improvement over mw2 Expand
  38. Dec 6, 2011
    I have always been a fan of the Call of Duty franchise and I believe that, through the years, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have done a great job creating and developing the Call of Duty universe for us all to enjoy. Being an avid fan of the Modern Warfare trilogy (I dedicated many hours to Modern Warfare 2 over the past two years), I decided to pick up the Hardened Edition of Modern WarfareI have always been a fan of the Call of Duty franchise and I believe that, through the years, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have done a great job creating and developing the Call of Duty universe for us all to enjoy. Being an avid fan of the Modern Warfare trilogy (I dedicated many hours to Modern Warfare 2 over the past two years), I decided to pick up the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3. I did this for a number of reasons, and I have to say the content that came with the game did not disappoint. On to my review of the actual game: Gameplay (8/10): The singleplayer does a great job of tying up the loose ends of the story and ensuring that everybody gets a good ending, from those such as myself who have been following the franchise since CoD4, to people who have picked up Modern Warfare 3 as their first title. I won't spoil it for anybody, but I'm a big appreciator of the CoD storylines and the ending of this even took me by surprise. The story is well-built for the game, even though it still includes some of the 'typical' things you'd expect in a Call of Duty game. Survival and Spec Ops add a fresh feel to the CoD franchise however, and will add lasting value for those not interested in multiplayer. Graphics (6/10): The graphics of this game are by no means BAD. They are crisp and enjoyable and the moments where you need to see the action are full of colour and easy to see. At the same time, with games such as Skyrim and Battlefield 3 raising the bar this year graphically, the Modern Warfare 3 graphics are nothing to write home about. They won't hurt your eyes, but at the same time, they won't knock you out of your seat. Sound (7/10): It has become tradition for me to play Call of Duty singleplayer AND multiplayer with Turtlebeaches, and the only game previous to this deserving of a 5 or higher would be Black Ops, which was very ambient and made you genuinely feel like you were reliving the experience. So we come to Modern Warfare 3, and I must admit, they haven't done a terrible job of the sound in this game. It's crisp, clear and if you listen carefully during the quiet bits, you can hear the background noises. Dogs barking in favelas, people chatting in cities. But therein lies the issue: There are very few moments in this game where things can be classed as 'quiet'. Multiplayer (9/10): This will be the main point of argument for most people. While I don't believe a game should be judged purely off it's multiplayer, let us all be frank for a moment - 90% of people buying Call of Duty will very rarely do so for the singleplayer. The Call of Duty multiplayer is the marmite of the multiplayer world - You either love it, or you hate it. I, personally, have been a long standing fan of the multiplayer in Call of Duty, and I'm currently 3rd Prestige in Modern Warfare 3. Let me state something as of now: If you preferred the long-sighted maps on MW2, where you could take your time, then don't count on MW3 to do much for you. Currently (In the foreseeable future with maps, this may change.) the MW3 multiplayer caters to the sugar-rush, ADHD 13 year old, who enjoys running everywhere with an SMG/Shotgun, gunning 4 people down, and running off. Assault rifles and LMGs are useable, but if you can't quickscope you won't find much in the way of sniping here. Lasting value (5/10 w/o multiplayer, 8/10 w/): Call of Duty has never been known for it's singleplayer. For most people it's all about the multiplayer, and without it the game is a good 30/40 hour grind before you can see the back of it. Multiplayer is where this game's lasting ability comes into it's own. A singleplayer adventure, this is not. Final comments: Call of Duty is what it is. With the seventh installment comes very little in the way of new ground. If you've been a fan for a long time, you know what to expect and you're likely to already be enjoying it. If you're not interested in the multiplayer and only want a singleplayer experience, you're probably better looking to Skyrim or some other singleplayer build. For those who enjoy a fast-paced FPS however, do not let the hundreds of negative comments (that clearly haven't been thought out) put you off. Call of Duty is a great game in it's own right, you just have to give it a chance. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    ***HONEST REVIEW***

***HONEST REVIEW***

Alot of people are trolling websites for hatred towards this game even though 80% of them are playing it and enjoying it and the other 20% haven't played it yet. With that being said the game is great. Everything is polished and although the engine is the same they have pulled the max amount of detail they can out of it with this entry to the series. With consoles being on there last legs it was a smart move to work with a familiar system that works to prevent people from complaining about glithes. If you have been a fan of the series you will definately enjoy it for what it is...a game for entertainment purposes. It's not just another big map pack, everything is refined and lets face it as a competition (almost sports like) game you need a refresher as far as stats go. The inclusion of Call of Duty Elite just adds to the overall experience. Giving this game a 0 is uncalled for and unless fans that did give it that want to see one of their favorite franchises go under I suggest they give them the support they need as people putting their hard work into a product. Have fun, go play it and be fair.
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    With stale online, a short campaign, and dated visuals, Modern Warfare 3 does not stand the test of time, and has brought Call of Duty down on the path of death. However, multiplayer has been improved a bit, the ending to the campaign is good enough, and Spec Ops provides a few thrills. However, this game's stale design and gameplay make Black Ops seem like a completely different game inWith stale online, a short campaign, and dated visuals, Modern Warfare 3 does not stand the test of time, and has brought Call of Duty down on the path of death. However, multiplayer has been improved a bit, the ending to the campaign is good enough, and Spec Ops provides a few thrills. However, this game's stale design and gameplay make Black Ops seem like a completely different game in terms of the changes. Modern Warfare 3 is a rental at best. Expand
  41. Nov 12, 2011
    In no way shape or form does this game deserve a 1. Thats crazy. This is a honest review . I will start with the campaign 1st. The campaign is right up there with the 1st modern warfare. Its great and filled with non stop action. Every second something crazy is happening. Campaign is very good. To me the campaign gets a 9 out of 10. GRAPHICS. NOW this is an area where the game does have aIn no way shape or form does this game deserve a 1. Thats crazy. This is a honest review . I will start with the campaign 1st. The campaign is right up there with the 1st modern warfare. Its great and filled with non stop action. Every second something crazy is happening. Campaign is very good. To me the campaign gets a 9 out of 10. GRAPHICS. NOW this is an area where the game does have a huge SET BACK. The Graphics in the campaign are OK but the MULTIPLAYER graphics are awful . This ENGINE is now showing its age BIG TIME and it shows. They are making BILLIONS of dollars and they dont invest in the engine. Its time to OVERHAUL IT. I dont want the excuse of well it runs60 frames per second. Well so does RAGE and look what that looks like . Graphics the game gets a 4 out of 10 cause its not passable anymore. Off to sound. SOund is something else that needs to be overhauled. Although the guns sound a little better everything ELSE from EXPLOSIONS to the same RECYCLED sound effects sound awful in this day and age. SOUND to me gets a 3 out of 10. FUn FACTOR does get a 8 out of 10 for the simple fact that the formula does work as far a multiplayer . Its addictive and fun. IF this game overhauled the sound and engine and took a huge leap forward in those departments this game would of gotten a 9.5 out of 10 but BF3 is doing too much that with this engine COD cant compete with it. OVER ALL the average is a 6 out of 10. IF they were to over haul everything its would of gotten higher but thats what holds it back. Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    MW3 Is a good multiplayer IF YOUR LIKE ME!, i unlike other fools buy a game which comes out evrey year like once evrey 2 installments my last one was World At War so i am being fair here, i like the multiplayer but i wasted my trades to gamestop and should of not bought it and got Skyrim (got 100 dollars so 40 went to skryim anyway but). My other reson is i got a xbox recently (ps3 guy forMW3 Is a good multiplayer IF YOUR LIKE ME!, i unlike other fools buy a game which comes out evrey year like once evrey 2 installments my last one was World At War so i am being fair here, i like the multiplayer but i wasted my trades to gamestop and should of not bought it and got Skyrim (got 100 dollars so 40 went to skryim anyway but). My other reson is i got a xbox recently (ps3 guy for a while) and i needed a military shooter so i picked MW3, campaign wise this game sucks but the multiplayer is addicting but everything else sucks so unless your me who buys Cod evrey 2 0r 3 years and madden evrey 3 then think about it, but i had a reason (microsoft had a server glitch with GoW3 and pissed me off and i traded that in with Fear 3 and WKCII to get 100 dollars and well with that and skyrim i am set till Mass Effect 3 so i give it a 7 because even with the glitches i can still have a social expirience which is why i bought it this game is for trolls like me, trolling 12 year olds is a hobby of mine since they piss me off, if your a troll buy this game the ragers, racists, squeakers its a buffet for trolls, but i am also a uptight gamer and basically should of got skyrim instead (i am anyway) but no more games for me until ME3 i got 4 games in November sheesh (8 games in the past few months even more oh **** Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    I give MW3 "only" 7 because there is no renews in genre, but this high score is for absolute amazing drive and good hollywood story. Graphics are ok I guess, but there is a space for do it better, but I don't look on graphics size of game, but on gameplay. Campaign give me what I want. Fast, action walkthrough without glitches and ending emotion of satisfaction for completing it was there.I give MW3 "only" 7 because there is no renews in genre, but this high score is for absolute amazing drive and good hollywood story. Graphics are ok I guess, but there is a space for do it better, but I don't look on graphics size of game, but on gameplay. Campaign give me what I want. Fast, action walkthrough without glitches and ending emotion of satisfaction for completing it was there. COD4 gives new look and way to play fps with driving story so I thing its now to innovate this storytelling again to masterpiece of this generation. Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    New call of duty. Well everyone expects a new game. It's more like a revised edition. It isn't bad at times. My biggest downfalls are lack of dedicated servers. Poor connections that lead to terrible hit detection. I played all these games heavily. And it seems all the problems of the past plague this. Maps are small too small at times. Guns at the beginning of the games are pretty lameNew call of duty. Well everyone expects a new game. It's more like a revised edition. It isn't bad at times. My biggest downfalls are lack of dedicated servers. Poor connections that lead to terrible hit detection. I played all these games heavily. And it seems all the problems of the past plague this. Maps are small too small at times. Guns at the beginning of the games are pretty lame same old junk. Until level 42. Otherwise though it's still a fun game. A little upset 3rd person is gone. I'm satisfied with the kills streaks very balanced. It all just comes down to pumping a guy with 10-20 bullets for him to stand still a take a Barrett quick scope and I die in one shot. Never cares for quick scoping it doesn't take skill like some say. It's a game breaker for sure. I love drop shots but there seems to be a lag when actually goin prone. I'm very competitive online. I play with the same 6 man crew search and destroy since black ops. And we are good players good stats but we will lose to a bunch of randoms at time people the game chose a shoddy host with poor connection enemies start sponging bullet damage and just turn n spray n I'll die. It's a little frustrating to run up on a guy for him to turn and blind fire and I die in what seems like 2 bullets and the kill cam shows I didnt even shoot. That is unacceptable for a competitive online game. Battlefield hit detection is pretty spot on when the servers run smoothly. There's no choice to not play the same map every time u join a new lobby and can't filter searches by connection. These are major things that need to be addresses. Matchmaking is a thing of the past for new players but for vets it must be taking into consideration. And not in 2 years from now when cod 9 comes. I play to win and the game doesn't allow it at times. And with a connection of 35/35 I think that I would be host more often and actually have smooth gameplay. Bf3 doesn't have these problems only thing I dislike is they only have Respawn modes. Idk the game is on track just needs major updates. Expand
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    CoD4 was an eye-opener dragging me away from the Halo universe in terms of console FPS's. MW2 improved upon the already innovative game. However, MW3 is the exact same as MW2. I feel like my intelligence has been insulted....which I guess is my own fault.
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    There is a quote from modern warfare 2: "Same **** different day."

There is a quote from modern warfare 2: "Same **** different day."

Basically what this game boils down to. It is the same basic layout as MW2, with a few different improvements. Nothing major, but the story was interesting. Honestly, one of the major points for me was just to see the progression of the campaign, which was honestly way to short. Multiplayer is alright, however lag is making it difficult to enjoy. Still not a bad game, just not exactly a new one.
  47. Nov 9, 2011
    Its funny, because we all know who gave this game bad reviews; Battlefield fans. I don't know why they find the need to down another game and somehow boost their own. If you are a fan of Call of Duty then this is a game you will LOVE. The campaign takes about 8-10 hours on veteran and is full of heart stopping spectacular action. The multiplayer is better than ever with all that greatIts funny, because we all know who gave this game bad reviews; Battlefield fans. I don't know why they find the need to down another game and somehow boost their own. If you are a fan of Call of Duty then this is a game you will LOVE. The campaign takes about 8-10 hours on veteran and is full of heart stopping spectacular action. The multiplayer is better than ever with all that great action infinity ward has always given us. This IS the game Call of Duty fans want, don't listen to these reviews if you are debating wheter to but the game. This website's user reviews are full of troll and low lifes. Expand
  48. Nov 9, 2011
    This game rides on the same roller-coaster as the others in the series. Fun and exhilarating for some, frightful and scary for others, and for others still... boring. As video game standards go, it is a good game with a good campaign and good multiplayer.
  49. Nov 18, 2011
    I think its only fair to compare this to other Call of Duty games. I began playing COD4 Modern Warfare years ago and thought it was a good game but it wasn't enough to get me away from Halo 3 at the time. Modern Warfare 2 came along and blew me away. I was really excited about Black Ops but in comparison to MW2 it was a horrible game. Black Ops took away many of the things that madeI think its only fair to compare this to other Call of Duty games. I began playing COD4 Modern Warfare years ago and thought it was a good game but it wasn't enough to get me away from Halo 3 at the time. Modern Warfare 2 came along and blew me away. I was really excited about Black Ops but in comparison to MW2 it was a horrible game. Black Ops took away many of the things that made MW2 great. All the weapons seemed to be vastly under powered and it felt like it took 10 rounds or more to get a kill with an assault rifle. On to MW3. If you enjoyed MW2 you will be annoyed by a number of things that they either took away or split up so you have to decide to have parts of what you would have had. For example, I used to use Slight of Hand Pro as my first perk in MW2. It gave you faster reload, faster swapping weapons and faster ADS (aiming down sights). In MW3 you can have Slight of Hand as your first perk but you only get faster reload and faster swapping weapons. If you want faster ADS you have to choose Quick Draw as your second perk. We'll come back to this in a minute....

In MW2 I used to have a shotgun as my secondary. MW3 followed Black Ops lead in not allowing a shotgun as a secondary. The only way that I can have a shotgun along with my assault rifle is if I choose Overkill as my second perk which allows me to carry a second primary weapon. So, do I choose Quickdraw for the faster ADS or Overkill for my secondary shotgun? Other aspects include some things I miss and others I don't. -In MW3 they added a lot of sway to your gun when looking down the sights, more than what you would experience in real life. In MW2 if you aimed at something it wouldn't sway even a pixel (which I loved).

-I don't miss Commando (as I never used it and would always get frustrated that someone would lunge 15 feet to stab me).

-I do miss Stopping Power because I feel like it takes too many rounds to kill someone. -I do miss the fact that Scavenger won't allow you to pick up more Claymores. -I have mixed feelings about not having OMA (One Man Army) because of all the people that used it to keep reloading the grenade launcher. I would use it on occasion to replenish ammo on a Scar-H that didn't have much ammo to start with or to replenish Claymores. -Explosives are WEAK! (especially the grenade launcher)

-Maps are horrible! MW2 had so many multiple level buildings and maps with open spaces. MW3 just uses corridors with multiple entrances and it makes it feel claustrophobic.

-Spawning placement is horrible. It seems like every time I kill someone I immediately get shot in the back. Every time I spawn I feel like I get to shoot an enemy in the back. I thought I was crazy at first but my friends mentioned the same thing and then I read other reviews on here mentioning the same issue.

This game feels more like Black Ops than another Modern Warfare although its no where close to as bad as Black Ops. I told myself I would level up and give this game a shot. I just hit level 80 and I'm going to continue to level up a few more weapons but I feel myself wanting to return to MW2. Hope this helps!
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    This game though it may be another COD it is still fresh, the multiplayer is refined special ops survival is amazing and the campaign is a festival of explosions and action, it is without a doubt the best Call Of Duty yet. The new features such as weapon exp and survival fit perfectly into the franchise. It has gotten a ton of hate because people refuse to give it a chance. If you love FpsThis game though it may be another COD it is still fresh, the multiplayer is refined special ops survival is amazing and the campaign is a festival of explosions and action, it is without a doubt the best Call Of Duty yet. The new features such as weapon exp and survival fit perfectly into the franchise. It has gotten a ton of hate because people refuse to give it a chance. If you love Fps then you will love MW3! Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    Alright, let's look at this as a game on it's own, and not as part of a series. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's single player campaign plays like a movie, with little emphasis on exploration or tackling objectives in your own fashion. Behind all of the explosions and mayhem is a glorified set of corridors in which you do exactly as you're told, or else you cannot progress. Shoot theAlright, let's look at this as a game on it's own, and not as part of a series. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's single player campaign plays like a movie, with little emphasis on exploration or tackling objectives in your own fashion. Behind all of the explosions and mayhem is a glorified set of corridors in which you do exactly as you're told, or else you cannot progress. Shoot the helicopter with this conveniently placed RPG, jump here, bomb these red squares here, follow this guy, and so forth. One part of the game attempted to make me feel something, but it didn't. Anyone else who played through the campaign knows what I'm talking about (it involves a van). The gunplay in the singleplayer seems to be a lot like whack a mole, with you trying to shoot the bad guys before they pop into cover, without much variation.

For a lot of people, the main meat of the game is in it's multiplayer. This mode contains your standard modes of play such as deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, and so on. You get perks, which are like attributes that improve your abilities in certain areas, like sleight of hand which makes you reload faster. You also get certain "streaks" which are rewards for doing well. An example would be killing three people in a row and receiving a "UAV", and this UAV grants you the ability to check a minimap for the location of your foes. You can also get "streaks" for doing various teamwork related actions.

A third mode is the "Spec Ops" mode where you can attempt a few challenges either alone or with one friend. There is survival mode within this mode, where you fight wave after wave of enemies for as long as you can, while being able to buy upgrades and other weapons between and during waves to heighten your chances of survival. It's basically like the game Killing Floor with some more running. The other chunk of spec ops is a bunch of varied challenges, like "kill these targets within a certain time to receive stars" or "collect these samples". The stars you receive allow you to unlock more challenges, and playing the challenges on higher difficulties rewards you with even more stars.

Now, I can't give this game two ratings, but I'd like to. If this is your first time playing a game in the Call of Duty series, I'd give it an 8. If you have played games in this series before, 6, because it is very similar to the earlier ones.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    Ok SO I knew what I was getting into with this game. OLD ass engine and Same controls for the last 4 years... Mehhh. But i wanted to give it a chance on the PC. Graphics are ABYSMAL at best.I know that want to have a game run at 60fps all the time. But in todays day and age with the amount of $ this wil and has made THIS IS NO EXCUSE TO HAVE A GAME RUN ON THIS TIRED ASS ENGINE! Come onOk SO I knew what I was getting into with this game. OLD ass engine and Same controls for the last 4 years... Mehhh. But i wanted to give it a chance on the PC. Graphics are ABYSMAL at best.I know that want to have a game run at 60fps all the time. But in todays day and age with the amount of $ this wil and has made THIS IS NO EXCUSE TO HAVE A GAME RUN ON THIS TIRED ASS ENGINE! Come on Glen They i am sure Shoveled $ at you guys AT least Use a New Engine. I mean I think the Higher end PC u have the worse the game looks. Why bother haveing a Chrushing System if its ALL BLURRY!. That being said Yep Its Tried and True COD. Spwan Points are Busted to hell and ALL PEOPLE DO IS CAMP THEM FOR CHEAP KILLS. Ok So My point is Fix The Spawn points the Quick Scoping and I will give it another chance.. BUT UNTILL THEN I WONT BE PLAYING THIS.SICK OF EVERY 10 YEAR OLD KID JUST CAMPING TO GET KILLS Ill BE PLAYING BF3 And WAITING FOR SKYRIM SO I DONT HAVE TO PLAY WITH ANYONE AND WORRY ABOUT **** My Honest review of this is 5 and I CANT give it any Higher untill those Issues are fixed.Sorry man. Aint gonna happen.Lesson Learned Build a New engine.PLEASE....... Expand
  53. Nov 11, 2011
    I will start off by saying i enjoy call of duty and battlefield. i ALWAYS buy both to fill the voids that the other game creates. my review is based equally off online and campaign. call of duty clearly has the dominant campaign, but the online play goes to battlefield. That aside, the main reason that this game got a 5 is the story mode. if the online play was better, i would have noI will start off by saying i enjoy call of duty and battlefield. i ALWAYS buy both to fill the voids that the other game creates. my review is based equally off online and campaign. call of duty clearly has the dominant campaign, but the online play goes to battlefield. That aside, the main reason that this game got a 5 is the story mode. if the online play was better, i would have no issues giving this game a higher rating; the fact is that the online is unacceptable. the re-spawn algorithm/coding is quite possibly the worst that i have ever seen, in any FPS. the graphics are poor, the game engine is recycled, and the audio is garbage. I have enjoyed CoD since the beginning, but this game feels stale. The movement animations are still fluid and crisp, but the entire game platform is simply a rinse and repeat. This series peaked at the original modern warfare and has been slowly declining since. the campaign has the feel of last-nights-leftovers, but in this day and age, originality and creativity are gone. As for the online play, there is always a xbox error, host migration, glitch, etc, that is hindering the online. if you want a better campaign, buy this. if you want better online. buy battlefield. Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    Overall good game but the multiplayer level design is garbage. Rehashed core design of mw2 maps only they aren't fun this time around. They claimed to have fixed spawning but it is worse than ever. I'd rather having the old COD2 or COD4 maps over this crap. What happened to inventive maps like "Carnival"?
  55. Nov 15, 2011
    The single most awaited game this year for most.. A good amount of pre-orders.. Lines around the corner at your local gamestop.. But was it worth it is the question? Now true enough it does provide some fun hours online with a decent multiplayer progression system we all know and love. And even provides an ok campaign which sadly is extremely short. But in my opinion MW3 was nothing moreThe single most awaited game this year for most.. A good amount of pre-orders.. Lines around the corner at your local gamestop.. But was it worth it is the question? Now true enough it does provide some fun hours online with a decent multiplayer progression system we all know and love. And even provides an ok campaign which sadly is extremely short. But in my opinion MW3 was nothing more than a modern warfare 2 expansion pack that at best should have been sold at no more than $39.99 if that. The graphics, while decent, were slightly up from MW2 and of course for the battlefield 3 faithful they will say its no where close which is absolutely true.But of course graphics is not the main draw for any game... what good is graphics if the game just sucks? MW3 does provide a decent balanced multiplayer which to me is the most balanced to date. The lag is minimal and the net code seems to be great with awesome hit detection.. BUT there are some weapon balance issues that need to be work on with a patch.The campaign is very predictable but does keep the pace decent to keep you entertain but dont expect any OMG moments. The campaign is also short which if you are a average player expect to breeze through with about 4-5 hours of gameplay.. longer on harder difficultites maybe of course. Bugs were minimal throughout my playthrough so it was a tightly knit experience with maybe some AI issues here and there but nothing out the ordinary. Speaking on AI in MW3.. nothing has really changed.. constant spawn until you move up or clear an objective but this is not a tactical game.. its basically an extreme rail shooter.. and it does it well. So with that being said.. if you go into this game just expecting a decent fun time with great multiplayer moments with friends you may be pleased.. IF you fell for the marketing hype and the "biggest launch in video game history" you will most likely be disappointed when you pop in the game and have a play-through. Its not a bad game at all.. but its nothing innovative. It is a modern warfare 2 expansion pack for 59.99. Kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I say it deserves a decent.. good.. old.. average.. run of the mill.. 5. Expand
  56. Nov 29, 2011
    What's with all the hate??? You guys are pretty much criticizing it for it's lack of originality and innovation instead of the overall gameplay experience and only a few too little comments mentions it. MW3 is an okay game and though the same as previous COD games, what the hell did you expect? The gameplay is of course, the same and offer no new gameplay mechanics but why fix what's notWhat's with all the hate??? You guys are pretty much criticizing it for it's lack of originality and innovation instead of the overall gameplay experience and only a few too little comments mentions it. MW3 is an okay game and though the same as previous COD games, what the hell did you expect? The gameplay is of course, the same and offer no new gameplay mechanics but why fix what's not broken and the graphical style has age quite well since MW2. Single player: I thought the single player was much better than Battlefield 3 because I was already emotionally invested on the main characters from COD4 and the set pieces and overall pacing was just better (though the "shock moment" was completely unnecessary and out of context). Multi-player: Same old yet still intense and fun to play and I do like the dog tag collecting after you kill someone, which actually ruins a camper's day and makes the matches more fair. To be honest, it's still the same as the other COD games but it's kind of pointless to bash it for its lack of originality because its not the only game franchise that has used their formula over and over again . MW3 is fun to play overall. The single player is fun but it does not have a good replay value like COD4 had and the multi-player is still as intense and mindlessly fun since the previous games. Expand
  57. Nov 30, 2011
    In short, if you liked mw2, your going to like mw3. There's nothing drastically new here. IW claim to have balanced the multiplayer but it seems only partially. Yes they have removed OMA, commando etc. But things like martyrdom, final stand and quickscoping remain and spawning is dodgy. Still the multiplayer can be very fun and survival is great. But next year, there has to be somethingIn short, if you liked mw2, your going to like mw3. There's nothing drastically new here. IW claim to have balanced the multiplayer but it seems only partially. Yes they have removed OMA, commando etc. But things like martyrdom, final stand and quickscoping remain and spawning is dodgy. Still the multiplayer can be very fun and survival is great. But next year, there has to be something new, IW barely got away with it this time but they cannot recycle again what is essentially the same game as mw2 Expand
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    The fact is, this game is just a huge disappointment. Why? It's boring, that's why. Nothing new, except for a few "new" guns, and some fancy new killstreaks to play on the incredibly tedious multiplayer. Don't get this game, you'll only be fueling the beast that is Call of Duty.
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty MW3 is fun. I like the multiplayer but it just feels like a overpriced expansion pack.
    And at 55 pounds it is not doing itself any favours.
    If you are a die hard fan get it.
    If not don't because its a thrill ride for the first month i bet.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not going to be one of these idiots who rates the game zero. I intend to applaud this game for it's good stuff.

The campaign was by and large pretty decent, and it made for a nice wrap up of the series, but the advertisements said "WW3", the combat is not to that scale, we're talking small scale skirmishes. I do like the new weapons. The multiplayer has shown some improvement, but

The multiplayer has shown some improvement, but while actually playing the game you can't help but feel like you've played this game last year. The Spec Ops Survival mode is fantastic! Unlike Zombies, MW3's survival mode doesn't see you getting completely swarmed in 5 minutes. I managed to get to Wave 25 on my own, which with Zombies was impossible to even get past round 5 on my own.

Also before the game's release they were boasting about how balanced the game is, when now we have rank 1's facing off against rank 80's on the first day.

They said they were going to ban cheaters .... no bans have took place as people are still using Lag switches, and glitches.

CoD Elite premium has not added any extra content to the game so far, and after the 9 month DLC season, I can't see anyone getting Elite premium any more, as there wouldn't be any point in getting it.

There are no "big" maps.

Overall they tried, but we got another Copy-paste-edit of last years game. Granted MW3 is better than Black ops is every way.
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    The third installment into the Modern Warfare series is somewhat disappointing. While the game is a really good game nonetheless, do not expect any thing drastically new. You can expect everything from the mechanics to the perks to nearly identical to Modern Warfare 2. There are some new additives, including survival, supportive kill streaks, and the assortment of weapons and levels. TheThe third installment into the Modern Warfare series is somewhat disappointing. While the game is a really good game nonetheless, do not expect any thing drastically new. You can expect everything from the mechanics to the perks to nearly identical to Modern Warfare 2. There are some new additives, including survival, supportive kill streaks, and the assortment of weapons and levels. The game is good. It is what you have come to expect of Call of Duty. Nothing more, and nothing less. Expand
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    Anyone who's played a recent Call of Duty doesn't need a review to know exactly what they will be getting with this game.
    It's simple: If you enjoy the past games, you will probably enjoy this.
    If you don't, you won't. If you used to enjoy them, but were getting burned out, this probably won't change your mind. You only need to figure out which of those categories is you, to decide
    It's simple: If you enjoy the past games, you will probably enjoy this.
    If you don't, you won't.
    You only need to figure out which of those categories is you, to decide whether this game will satisfy.
    Easy.
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Finished the campaign like in 7 hours, it was kind of fun to see the Word War 3, played the online for 2 days it's just about a 10-15 seconds secuence in 3 steps over and over: run, shot, die. It gets so boring after some matches. The graphics are not so good, the sound is normal.

Gameplay = 8 Graphics = 6 Sound = 7 Online = 7 Campaign Duration = 6 Conclusion = Rent It just to play the

Gameplay = 8
    Graphics = 6
    Sound = 7
    Online = 7
    Campaign Duration = 6

Conclusion = Rent It just to play the campaign, it was kind of fun.
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    Same game five years ago....New Guns, New Maps....no innovation at all since Call Of Duty 4......For all the retard who gave this a 10 please wake up, buy the entire series play one after another and then give a review before you buy your first Call of Duty and give a 10/10 review on how psyched you were the night before.....Time to rest the series to bed....has really gone downhill and iSame game five years ago....New Guns, New Maps....no innovation at all since Call Of Duty 4......For all the retard who gave this a 10 please wake up, buy the entire series play one after another and then give a review before you buy your first Call of Duty and give a 10/10 review on how psyched you were the night before.....Time to rest the series to bed....has really gone downhill and i see Metacrictic is another biest review website, every website has given it 9/10, 10/10, 5/5, etc etc but C'MON! Every Year this game comes out and they add some extra features such as a couple of cool useless killstreaks maybe a customisable red dot sight, A UAV DRONE! (GASP)! ....frankly no...would rather spend my money on Skyrim, Saints Row 3, BF3, Batman or anything else such as a 100 pairs of socks....I have played this game for 5 years now and become more and more dissappointed every year.....Some review i saw said the Spec Ops is worth the full price alone...NO ITS NOT! you could easily complete it within a couple of hours........Single is over the top as usual....Multiplayer is as good as the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer...oh wait! It is the COD4 MULTIPLAYER!.....the only reason i have this game is because most of my friends (the biest fanboy community) all play the game for some reason, but even they are agreeing with me....So its back to Fifa or BF3 for me til Skyrim or Saints Row the Third Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    People seem to continue raging about how the game isn't original enough in it's gameplay/graphics etc. Sure this game could be thought of as "MW2.5" but is that really such a bad thing? If they had changed things about the game, you would just get people raging about how it has changed too much! They kept the game similar because the older games WORKED. They had a huge fanbase and the multiplayer was good because there were always plenty of players to play games with. Sure, Activision are basically a bunch of money grabbing ****** who just want games pumped out as fast as possible but that doesn't necessarily mean that the game is bad. I found the game to have very fun multiplayer that seemed to be a touched up version of MW1/MW2. Another view that people should be taking on this is that there are many people who don't own MW2 or MW1. These people may want to purchase this game and your negative "It's no different" attitude is putting these people off purchasing it, all because you are under the impression that a game that is very well done must be completely changed just because it is a new title. Look at Halo for example. Halo 3 was a huge success with a large fanbase. With the release of Halo Reach, many people disliked it due to it's huge changes in gameplay. This could have easily happened to Modern Warfare and i can see why they kept it similar. Also, there were many people complaining that the campaign was too short or not good enough. I found it hard to believe that there were people who seemed to buy a Call of Duty game for the campaign. Military FPS campaigns tend to always be well below average in my opinion and if you want a FPS singleplayer game i would recomend playing something like Bioshock and to stop ripping on a game that is almost entirely focused on multiplayer for its campaign.
  66. Nov 9, 2011
    User reviews for MW3 and BF3 are really just another virtual battlefield for fans of both games to fight over. Seems like more than a quarter of the user reviews were created by users who registered on metacritic only in order to give one game a 0 and the other a 10. Also a significant portion of well intentioned users forget to move the bar from 10, so often their words don't match theirUser reviews for MW3 and BF3 are really just another virtual battlefield for fans of both games to fight over. Seems like more than a quarter of the user reviews were created by users who registered on metacritic only in order to give one game a 0 and the other a 10. Also a significant portion of well intentioned users forget to move the bar from 10, so often their words don't match their score..

Meanwhile, both companies give many critics early access to the game with the unspoken agreement that the critic will overlook some of the games' flaws. Nevertheless, critic reviews are somewhat reliable compared to the garbage user reviews.
  67. Nov 9, 2011
    The innovation, the spark, it just isn't there. Call of Duty 4 revolutionized the franchise and was the first step in the right direction. Modern Warfare 2 was the ascension to the peak of an impressive summit. Unfortunately, though, this game is kind of like climbing the same summit with a helicopter. The developers did not challenge themselves. Innovation is what attracted everyone toThe innovation, the spark, it just isn't there. Call of Duty 4 revolutionized the franchise and was the first step in the right direction. Modern Warfare 2 was the ascension to the peak of an impressive summit. Unfortunately, though, this game is kind of like climbing the same summit with a helicopter. The developers did not challenge themselves. Innovation is what attracted everyone to call of duty only a few years ago. Activision is fortunate to have such a massive, casual fanbase that will buy their games no matter the quality of the product. They need to use this to their advantage! Take some risks! The people that blindly buy a company's every installment aren't the people writing lackluster reviews for the product. The developers need to realize that it is okay to take a year off to recalculate and mess around with the unknown once again. Call of Duty does not need to continue as the Madden of shooter games. I have trouble reviewing the game on a strictly standalone basis because of the painful familiarity. The positive aspects of the game were emphasized in my glorifying review of MW2. This time around I just have more complaints. 6/10 Expand
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    Single player is very short (beat it in 5 hours 40mins on hardened) and totally throw away. There are too many turret/on-rails sequences and the stealth sections allow for very little improvisation. However no other game can rival its coop and multiplayer modes.
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    Ok well first off let me say that I love cod,and still have all of them.I've spent umpteen hours on multiplayer and am seriously addicted to it.
    When I started mw3's multiplayer it all looked familiar and was like slipping into a compfy pair of trainers.
    The first 4 hours of play I just didn't feel the excitement I usually get when I start a new cod game. The graphics are pleasing to look
    The graphics are pleasing to look at but you can tell we are now reaching the limits of the current consoles capabilities.there are a lot of blocky textures and most Walls for example look very plain and not unweathered.Close ups of vehicles reveal things like door lines looking like they were drawn by hand with a felt tip pen and no ruler.
    The disappointing part for me was checking out all the maps.On the plus side we have sixteen of them which is quite generous,but I found it hard to remember them by name as most of them look very similar to each other.
    The only map that stood out for me is village.It is a medium size map that looks vibrant and is laid out in a way that would keep most types of class happy.The rest however are small and with nothing but lots of close quarters combat.This suits my style of play but the days of kicking back for a relaxing sniper session are gone.
    A nice small addition is the prestige shop.if you prestiged in other cod's you receive a token for each game.there are some genuinely useful things here like receiving double xp for 2 hours,buy an extra class and even a total stat reset.
    Connection wise it's business as usual,with a lot of laggy lobbies.You will often fire at someone only for them to kill you,then on their screen you won't have fired a single shot.But when in a good lobby it flows well.You shouldn't however expect the lag to improve as time goes by as it is what it is,and if we were going to get a lag free cod it would have happened by now.It's not worse than the last 2 games though.In my opinion world at war worked the best for me as I found keeping the search set to local gave me a good connection most of the time.
    I can't comment on the single player as I haven't played through it yet but going on what most people have said it looks pretty good and I look forward to playing it.
    I honestly think most of us,me included have been expecting to much to come from mw3 and therefore feel disappointed,and in some ways rightly so.I also understand why the reviews were held back until launch day.
    Another thing worth thinking about is had they changed the game dramatically to try and make the game different they could have ruined it and it's probably too much of a risk.
    What we have here then is just another shooter and they have just played it safe.Die hard fans like me with still hammer the game through multiplayer but it's no secret that most are a bit disappointed with it.

I decided to write this review because one of the developers have asked us,the public on ign to come on here as they feel the overall user score is very low and they want people to be honest.So here it is,my personal opinion,a 7 out of 10.
  70. Nov 16, 2011
    I am highly disappointed in this installment of the series. I am mainly interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game, so that is where I will focus: The maps are a jumbled mess. Every map feels like the same maze with different paint. From an objective-based perspective, you spend more time navigating the maze to reach an objective than you do assaulting or defending it.

Much hate

Much hate for bringing back Quickscoping. I know the fanbois love it, and they can feel like "real men" by pwning somebody with a sniper rifle, but it ruins a multiplayer game for me. In 3 hours of gameplay, I was quickscoped from across the map 9 times. A sniper rifle should be made to function as a sniper rifle, plain and simple. And don't get me started on the wannabes running around with the sniper rifle like an assault rifle. It should be nigh impossible to charge an objective with a scoped rifle and take out 4 defenders using submachine guns. But, in their infinite wisdom, the developers have catered to the fanbois again, and made qs even easier than before.

The graphics are... eh. Nothing eye-catching, but nothing horrible, either. It's just standard, run-of-the-mill scenery. Can't say I hate it, but wouldn't say I like it, either.

The lack of realism is offensive. Landing 9 shots from ANY gun should drop anyone but the Juggernaut, but this isn't the case. I can't count the number of times I've emptied a clip from the MP5 into someone, only to have them spin 180 degrees and drop me with one or two shots from their assault rifle.

The number of killstreak rewards bombarding the playing field is incredibly stupid. Running the Support class, you continue gaining your killstreaks THROUGH YOUR DEATHS. While this seems great in the beginning, it gets old quite quickly. You are constantly on someone's radar, and when you aren't, you are being hammered by Reaper rockets or other high-explosives.

The sound is horrible. Even running turtlebeaches, 9 times out of 10 you can't hear someone sprinting up behind you for a knife kill.

Anyway, there is much more I could complain about, including lag issues, matchmaking, and lack of originality, but I won't. Suffice to say, I'll probably make this my LAST Call of Duty purchase.
  71. Nov 20, 2011
    Great multiplayer game when it isn't being hacked. The graphics are nothing new but good nonetheless. I do dislike how there is respawning enemies in single player. You have to run through the campaign or else the enemies just keep coming and coming. The Special Ops mode is fun but can be to hard on Veteran. Overall it is not as good as Black Ops but it is a way to have some fun and wasteGreat multiplayer game when it isn't being hacked. The graphics are nothing new but good nonetheless. I do dislike how there is respawning enemies in single player. You have to run through the campaign or else the enemies just keep coming and coming. The Special Ops mode is fun but can be to hard on Veteran. Overall it is not as good as Black Ops but it is a way to have some fun and waste some time with friends. Expand
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    Don't completely blow this off. I call this the 60$ expansion pack to MW2. The single player campaign is worth playing and picks off where left off for MW2, however the multiplayer is what you come to expect from the ever so popular franchise. Kill confirm is something a little different than other games on the market but instead of inspiring players to work together, it feels like theDon't completely blow this off. I call this the 60$ expansion pack to MW2. The single player campaign is worth playing and picks off where left off for MW2, however the multiplayer is what you come to expect from the ever so popular franchise. Kill confirm is something a little different than other games on the market but instead of inspiring players to work together, it feels like the exact opposite. This being the case that on multiple maps feel like there is a small standstill at times due to the camping and collecting these tags. The pace of multiplayer speeds up with team defender which doubles points of kills while holding a flag. In all honesty, these two ideas felt like a call for help with the multiplayer hitting its limit of capabilities. Graphics are exactly what to expect for a console FPS, perhaps equal to that of BF3 for consoles. After looking at reviews for this game from USA today and other news sources, I almost felt like there was something that IW/BA forgot to put in my game due to the way I feel about the actual performance of the game. The game also renamed functions such as killstreaks to pointstreaks, which can be earned multiple ways such as completing the objective or killing someone. This leads me to the coop player/unlock system of purchasing, instead of leveling, of weapons, ammo, etc... It's hard for me to go more in depth as the multiplayer is nothing special and is in need of a PC like platform to support more than the seemingly tiny amount already in place. It's competitor, Battlefield 3, has kicked it up a notch for multiplayer for PC with absolutely stunning graphics, 64 players, tons of vehicles and weapons kicks Modern Warfare 3 in the teeth and it feels evident with the gameplay that IW tried last minute add-in's that didn't quite work out to draw fans away from EA's BattleFields 3.

I was a huge fan of Modern Warfare 2 and came in with standard that surpassed in a few areas but still was let down in others. I don't blame the developers as much as the technology that Xbox & ps3 uses is a little more than just a few years old. To me the game feels more like a culture statement than an actual game due to the constant advertisements rolling on the TV, billboard, and shopping mall advertisements that hype up the game for non to occasional gamers category yet is the "same game, different name" category for me. It is worth 60% of the 60$...So 36$.

Bottom Line: A good game, however the phrase I use "same game, different name" applies. That being said, still worth a crack at it but not as addictive as MW2/BF3 felt to me.
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    MW3 is not a bad game, and to those new to the series it'll probably be something new and exciting. For those that have been following CoD for a while now though it's one step forward, two steps back. Gone is the customization, money system, and emblem creation from Black Ops that helped move the series forward. Instead those are replaced by the same systems that already existed in MW2. IMW3 is not a bad game, and to those new to the series it'll probably be something new and exciting. For those that have been following CoD for a while now though it's one step forward, two steps back. Gone is the customization, money system, and emblem creation from Black Ops that helped move the series forward. Instead those are replaced by the same systems that already existed in MW2. I personally took a break and didn't buy Black Ops as I had burnt out on MW2. I had thought that with new blood at Infinity Ward they would continue to move the series forward, but instead they moved a bunch of stuff around, renamed some other stuff and added very little that's actually "new". I feel like this is an alternate reality in which Black Ops didn't exist, instead of building off the improvements that game made they used MW2 as a base and built off of that. That's all fine and well, but the problem is that Black Ops DID exist and already made improvements to some of the systems MW2 and 3 use. So while MW3 isn't a bad game by any means, it isn't particularly innovative or exciting either. Expand
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    This game gets a 5 for being mediocre. If you are playing this series for the first time then its a fine game but for the millions of gamers who have played the earlier versions, this seems more like an expensive update than a new game. Multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks. The campaign's story is as convoluted as it always been. I still do not care about characters like CaptainThis game gets a 5 for being mediocre. If you are playing this series for the first time then its a fine game but for the millions of gamers who have played the earlier versions, this seems more like an expensive update than a new game. Multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks. The campaign's story is as convoluted as it always been. I still do not care about characters like Captain Price who is just a tough guy who smokes cigars. There isn't personality in any of the characters, the campaign is just a series of cool set pieces. If Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer wants to make the best Call of Duty, they really needed to make major changes because this series became stale a long time ago. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    I brought both this and BF3, I loved Black Ops and totally expecting the time I was spending on BF3 to be replaced by this. Well, thats not going to happen, I cant believe the utter mess they made of this game. It plays alright, some of the new stuff is ok such as the support kill streaks, I even like some of the changes they made here and there.

However, they need to seriously find some

However, they need to seriously find some new programmers to make maps as they are HORRENDOUS, and for all the good points the game has, they are rendered quite irrelevant when the maps you play the game on are the worst I have seen. Small, cluttered, they are just a cluster f*** of garbage. All that happens now is your playing Quake with machine guns. I have tried and tried to get into this, but I just cant get past how bad the maps are. Now im considering trading this in Friday for Skyrim, and I will go back to BF3 for my multiplayer fix. On the good side, it did remind me of how much fun the playstyle of CoD games is, and im quite tempted to go back to Black Ops (which I played alot of till about last March). But this game, nope, sorry Activision you messed it up.

I do enjoy the CoD playstyle, remembering how fun it is getting killstreaks, little perks. But I couldnt recommend this game to anyone. IF you love these military type of multiplayer games, try Battlefield 3. Or if you prefer the Call of Duty type of game play pick up Black Ops for probably half the price of this, as its much more enjoyable.

Though there is some kind of conspiracy to give this game as low as score as possible, its not a 3.0 game (as of posting this), but its also not a 90 score game either. I'll give it a 5 as its a good game in a bad enviroment (the maps let it down so much). One last thing to mention, if you enjoy only the single player of these games it ight be worth a look and I'd give that a 6 or 7 out of 10. Where as BF3's is rubbish. But dont expect to get your £40/$60 worth from this if your only interested in buying it for the single player, its short and doesnt do anything new.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    I find myself torn with this title. On one hand, the game plays fantastic, both the campaign and multiplayer are exactly what you would expect from a COD game. On the other hand, everything about this game is exactly what you would expect from a COD game. The story is engaging. Set pieces are big, loud, and fun. Everything is smooth and polished. But, every time I play, I cannot help butI find myself torn with this title. On one hand, the game plays fantastic, both the campaign and multiplayer are exactly what you would expect from a COD game. On the other hand, everything about this game is exactly what you would expect from a COD game. The story is engaging. Set pieces are big, loud, and fun. Everything is smooth and polished. But, every time I play, I cannot help but feel like this is all just more of the same. Kill Confirm is a great addition and use of the new support mode for kill streaks is great if one has a hard time stacking kills. I am certain I will get a ton of hours out of this title, but I am worried this is pushing the boundaries of becoming the shooter version of Madden. While not a bad game in any sense, it is just too recycled to be considered a great game at this point. Expand
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    An improvement over MW2 (and Black Ops) but nothing more. The single player story that began with the first Modern Warfare game is concluded, but (IMO) leaves you empty. The multiplayer is exactly what you'd come to expect from a Call of Duty game, with the addition of one new game mode that is actually kind of fun. That said do not expect much of anything else new here. The game engineAn improvement over MW2 (and Black Ops) but nothing more. The single player story that began with the first Modern Warfare game is concluded, but (IMO) leaves you empty. The multiplayer is exactly what you'd come to expect from a Call of Duty game, with the addition of one new game mode that is actually kind of fun. That said do not expect much of anything else new here. The game engine more or less looks the same as MW2 and thus also plays the same. If you didn't like any of the previous Modern Warfare titles or Black Ops then this game will not convert you. Overall, this is a good game, though it could have been better. Expand
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    Ive played all the games, not happy with the lack of true innovation but still playing and enjoying it. I am sure that unless the next version contains large innovative changes this will be the last COD i buy.
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    On the 7th November I did what many people did and queued up for my copy of Modern Warfare 3 with great expectations. A lot of excitement was in the air and once I received the game I couldn't wait to stick in my xbox and give it a go. The first thing I tried when I started the game was multiplayer. In the multiplayer physics had been improved slightly and things looked a lot moreOn the 7th November I did what many people did and queued up for my copy of Modern Warfare 3 with great expectations. A lot of excitement was in the air and once I received the game I couldn't wait to stick in my xbox and give it a go. The first thing I tried when I started the game was multiplayer. In the multiplayer physics had been improved slightly and things looked a lot more polished. Maps have also been made larger than previous titles which is a welcome change. However, after playing the multiplayer for quite a while now I find myself frustrated and disappointed by the maps. They seem to have made an effort to stop campers and snipers more on this game but with that they have made the matches very frustrating. even when you think you are in a relatively safe area, there are actually 3 or 4 angles where you can be shot from. In addition there are not really any maps that I can call my favorite on this Call of Duty. On Black Ops I had a few (Firing Range, Jungle and Summit) but these maps provide nothing special.

On the other hand, there are some great weapons in the multiplayer and the new perks and weapons upgrades make it very easy to tailor the multiplayer to your style. The campaign has also disappointed me this time. The storyline is very predictable and the last mission just turns into button mashing for to end the story. I could rant forever about my disappointment about this game but I will summarize. There was a lot that could have been done with the game and in the end it has let me down. Despite this I cannot stop playing. Maybe its down to the £90 I spent on it...
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is getting a lot of flak from the community (though some might be because of a fanboy war between MW3 players and Battlefield 3 players) but the game itself is not all that bad. Taken by itself, it actually is a pretty good game. The campaign, given the track record for "modern age" military shooters is passable, albeit short, but isn't likely the main reason people buy the gameThis game is getting a lot of flak from the community (though some might be because of a fanboy war between MW3 players and Battlefield 3 players) but the game itself is not all that bad. Taken by itself, it actually is a pretty good game. The campaign, given the track record for "modern age" military shooters is passable, albeit short, but isn't likely the main reason people buy the game anyway. The multiplayer, being the core reason most people will buy the game, is very similar to MW2, and took out a lot of the things Black Ops had (credit system, the way the killstreaks work), which makes sense given the transition in developers between games. My biggest complaint regarding the maps is many of them are flat, yet have so many corners that it is almost impossible to not just spray and pray around every corner just to protect yourself. I'm assuming that means IW is taking the DLC route to address this with better maps. Still, it doesn't deserve the score it is getting from many, its a competent shooter and deserves a play through if you want some quick action in your FPS games. Expand
  81. Nov 16, 2011
    For a game that most people know and love, you will still love this game. If you had fun with the mulitplayer in past cod games you will sure enjoy this; yes the maps are uninspiring and rather small in scale but the action is as fast paced as normal. But For me that is where it stops, it just feels far to much like the same old same, an before people say well what did you expect, IFor a game that most people know and love, you will still love this game. If you had fun with the mulitplayer in past cod games you will sure enjoy this; yes the maps are uninspiring and rather small in scale but the action is as fast paced as normal. But For me that is where it stops, it just feels far to much like the same old same, an before people say well what did you expect, I excepted more; I just excepted it to be worth the 45 pound that people parted with, i'm glad I rented this game because in the end of the day it is a 4 year old game. On the campaign The story is very predictable and the explosions that happen every 5mins are far to over the top and just don't look very good on a engine that is far to dated. The spec ops is far the best part of the game in my eyes. Expand
  82. Nov 16, 2011
    Ok, there are just too many fanboys. Yes the graphics are barely changed, Guns still sound like toys, racist campaign, the multiplayer is unchanged, achievements are only for story and spec ops and survival mode is worse than zombies, but the game can still be fun in online multiplayer when you just want an arcade shooter, I personnaly never enjoyed Spec ops, but some people are findingOk, there are just too many fanboys. Yes the graphics are barely changed, Guns still sound like toys, racist campaign, the multiplayer is unchanged, achievements are only for story and spec ops and survival mode is worse than zombies, but the game can still be fun in online multiplayer when you just want an arcade shooter, I personnaly never enjoyed Spec ops, but some people are finding it to be the best thing about CoD franchise. This game is for a certain type of players, it may also be a good starting game if you are new to gaming, but in the end there are games much better than this one. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    At this point, the formula is: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you enjoy speed and run-and-gun gameplay, this is for you.

The campaign has a Michael Bay feel to it: Explosions everywhere, set piece moments, and a solid ending. Of course, everyone is getting the game for multiplayer. The multiplayer is still great for the consoles. There isn't much incentives to work as a team, but at

Of course, everyone is getting the game for multiplayer. The multiplayer is still great for the consoles. There isn't much incentives to work as a team, but at least there are options for those who want teamwork in COD matches. Kill Confirmed, the Prestige Shop, and the free version of COD Elite are good additions to the series.

Overall, the gameplay wins over graphics.
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    I plan to give an honest review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, I have seen very in the middle reviews, most are in the extremes of either 10s or 0s, 0 being the more prevalent. My review will be broken down in three branches, one for each of the three main sections of the game. As everyone else giving a review has pointed out, MW3 was built using the same engine was MW2, and because ofI plan to give an honest review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, I have seen very in the middle reviews, most are in the extremes of either 10s or 0s, 0 being the more prevalent. My review will be broken down in three branches, one for each of the three main sections of the game. As everyone else giving a review has pointed out, MW3 was built using the same engine was MW2, and because of that, the visuals aren't what you'd expect from the third game in series (I'm talking Modern Warfare series, not the Call of Duty series in general) . The graphics do look a bit more polished, but that is most likely do to the artists, then the engine drawing them. Campaign: I just finished the campaign on Veteran difficulty. The campaign in terms of story is by far one of the best I have ever played in the Call of Duty franchise, but that is not to say I couldn't predict it either. On the final missions, the music is so perfectly made for the scene that it boosts up what would otherwise be a lackluster finale to the series. All together though, the campaign took me for a ride that I will never forget, at the end of it, I did actually feel very entertained and amazed. However, the atrocities that has plagued every Modern Warfare game still exists in MW3, by which I mean, enemies will disregard their own safety to rush past your A.I teammates and charge for you, and only you. The enemies know where you are, and if in view will shoot only for you and not at your other A.I teammates. Your A.I teammates aren't intelligent by any means, even on Veteran difficulty they are terrible accuracy. Perhaps the most annoying thing though is the fact that the enemies will infinitely spawn from doors and behind buildings unless you continue to move up, if you sit back you eventually will die from running low on ammo. Special Ops:Special Ops was a new feature to MW2, and it was a brilliant innovation to the series, Infinity Ward and Sledge Hammer Games didn't break the imagine barrier here, they added their own version of Zombies, a Treyarch signature. MW3 has taken that idea and brought it into the Modern Warfare perspective by instead of zombies, it's wave after wave of increasingly difficult soldiers. They added a couple new features like being able to buy perks and artillery, but it isn't anything new to the franchise, it's a mix from Treyarch's zombies and GOW's Horde 2.0 fortifications in my personal opinion. The rest of Spec Ops allows you to either go in alone, or team up with a buddy to do a variety of missions taken from the campaign or specially created for Spec Ops and try and beat them for, both to earn stars (get all stars to get an achievement) and beat times set by your friends. Multiplayer: Obviously if you're buying a CoD game, you aren't just buying it for the story line, you are buying it to play some good old competitive multiplayer. As one reviewer put it, it looks and feels like MW 2.5, and I'd agree, I do feel like I dropped 60 dollars for new maps, that's about it. Sure you do have some new guns and perks, but that doesn't constitute the money I put down for it. They tried to do too much with the maps this time around, their are about five different ways to go to any one spot, or in any one alleyway you may be running down and the the chances that someone isn't waiting for you, or will spot you is low, and it gets aggravating very quickly. Two of my personal problems with the game are, they split up the Sleight of Hand Pro ability from Modern Warfare 2, and put it's base ability and pro ability into two separate perks. They also took out Stopping Power, my personal favorite perk, why I don't know, perhaps to balance the game, but even still the game is very very much unbalanced. There are definitively certain guns that are better than others, and without Stopping Power if it's a bad gun, unfortunately it's a bad gun now, because without extra damage you won't kill anyone. Lag is a problem this time around, I've shot at a guy with the same gun as me, only to hit him first, but still die because my other bullets didn't register. The Strike Packages are terrible and not thought through at all, the Support Package where your kill streaks don't reset on death is a nice idea, but bad implementation. UAV's are CONSTANTLY being called in a match, it's very aggravating, also stealth bombers are apart of the Support Package, I don't understand that implementation either. If the Support Package actually did only Support it'd be nice, but with stealth bombers and advanced UAVs, not using it when you know you can get at least 9 kills a game is stupidity. When you think about it, a new CoD has come out yearly with the same fast paced action formula, so the fact that the latest in the series didn't change much shouldn't be that big of a surprise to anyone. I'm giving it a 7 out of 10, for being what MW2 should have been. Expand
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    O.K. I really,really wanted to like this game. And concerning the campaign I did. A little short, but man o man what a thrill ride! It's worth a rental for sure. Now on to the multi-player. I'm not gonna go on and rip this part of the game. I mean it works. But for me it's just too much of the same old stuff. I had the game turned up to hear the surround sound and I honestly think many ofO.K. I really,really wanted to like this game. And concerning the campaign I did. A little short, but man o man what a thrill ride! It's worth a rental for sure. Now on to the multi-player. I'm not gonna go on and rip this part of the game. I mean it works. But for me it's just too much of the same old stuff. I had the game turned up to hear the surround sound and I honestly think many of the weapons sound alike. I can have fun with, but I'm just wishing the series would show a little more for the money. It almost seems to me that I paid $60 bucks for a expansion map pack. Expand
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is nothing special, but its exactly what i expected for a yearly release. Graphics could have been updated but i understand why they were not. I have quit looking for inovation in graphics and processing because i feel we have really reached the limit of the current generation of consols. Its completly unfair to grade a game just on graphics. The game play was everything that iThis game is nothing special, but its exactly what i expected for a yearly release. Graphics could have been updated but i understand why they were not. I have quit looking for inovation in graphics and processing because i feel we have really reached the limit of the current generation of consols. Its completly unfair to grade a game just on graphics. The game play was everything that i look for in a CoD game. The story was solid and ended the trillogy well.
    Live is also always great!
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    While it bugs me that this game is just more of the same, it bugs me more than it just feels worse than its predecessors. I was also quite upset to set that the Assassin perk that has an incarnation on just about every call of duty, doesn't work like the Black Ops equivalent. At least on Black Ops, if you had an entire enemy team of ghosts, if you were able to get a Blackbird you wouldWhile it bugs me that this game is just more of the same, it bugs me more than it just feels worse than its predecessors. I was also quite upset to set that the Assassin perk that has an incarnation on just about every call of duty, doesn't work like the Black Ops equivalent. At least on Black Ops, if you had an entire enemy team of ghosts, if you were able to get a Blackbird you would completely obliterate them. I can see now downfall whatsoever to using Assassin on this game, and it just seems like a way too overused perk especially for someone like me who likes to use the support kill-streaks to help out my team. Part of my resentment may also be for the fact I do worse at this Call of Duty than all the others, but I'm sure that's just because I haven't gotten used to it. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    I was expecting a decent game, I liked the first two and was ready for more of the same. Sadly, I got just that. More of the same. Spec ops shouldn't even be there. They ruined the missions to a point where it adds very little to the game. Survival is fun but a bit repetitive. Singleplayer is passable but nothing special and the multiplayer is a copy and paste from the last one. If thisI was expecting a decent game, I liked the first two and was ready for more of the same. Sadly, I got just that. More of the same. Spec ops shouldn't even be there. They ruined the missions to a point where it adds very little to the game. Survival is fun but a bit repetitive. Singleplayer is passable but nothing special and the multiplayer is a copy and paste from the last one. If this game came out two years ago it would be an 8. But it didn't, so it's not. Expand
  89. Nov 22, 2011
    CoD is a good game and this is coming from someone who was not blown away by the series but was interested in the games and I overall had a good time. Yes I admit that MW3 does not change that much nor does it bring many new things to the table but honestly the people who hate it now would hate the game if it changed completely anyways. Now how many of you would play Uncharted 3 if itCoD is a good game and this is coming from someone who was not blown away by the series but was interested in the games and I overall had a good time. Yes I admit that MW3 does not change that much nor does it bring many new things to the table but honestly the people who hate it now would hate the game if it changed completely anyways. Now how many of you would play Uncharted 3 if it changed the whole single player or BF3 if its MP was completely different and no Im not saying that their should be no improvements but look at Dragon Age 2 fans DESPISED that game in every single way and with such a large fanbase as CoD reinventing it's image would make fans hate it and it would sell no copies. Yes MW3 had a few problems like the graphics should have been updated and it could have changed a few things but who cares about graphics anyways!! If you don't like CoD then just don't post a review and play the games you like instead of wasting the time of people who just want a honest Truthful review about the game. To anyone confused if you are interested in the game but are not sure if it is good here are a few tips. If you don't have ONLINE don't get this game, you will get bored of it quickly and to people who are more of a singleplayer kind of person you most likely will also be disappointed by the game. MP fans of the FPS genre will like this game most likely and once you get into the MP it is very fun. Graphics are a bit of a disappointment but honestly for ANY gamer they should not be that big of a deal. In the end it is all up to you if you like the game. Expand
  90. Nov 22, 2011
    To say that MW3 is more of the same is correct to an extent, the main thing is that it goes both ways. Why fix what isn't broken and conversely why are the same mistakes being made? MW3 is an easy to pick up game that encourages fast game play and gives a positive reinforcement to continue playing with the way the leveling system works. However the idea of rewarding players who get killsTo say that MW3 is more of the same is correct to an extent, the main thing is that it goes both ways. Why fix what isn't broken and conversely why are the same mistakes being made? MW3 is an easy to pick up game that encourages fast game play and gives a positive reinforcement to continue playing with the way the leveling system works. However the idea of rewarding players who get kills is ludicrous outside of adding points to the score board. IW and Sledgehammer openly admitted that their reward system was designed around the high kills low death players for previous games, so why is that system still implemented into the game? Even if someone is running a Support package the other team is spammed Stealth Bombers and EMPs giving negative reinforcement to even bother continuing the game. Initially I liked the idea of the new game modes Kill Confirmed and Team Defender but I quickly noticed that Kill Confirmed still has too many campers and Team Defender seems to suffer from people spamming the Riot Shield Juggernaut making getting the flag near impossible. How is it that the original issues still exist and new ones are made? It's become obvious that the CoD series is nothing more than a cash grab to Activision, no real advancements were made and only one or two things were added to the overall experience. But it's not enough to keep the series alive for any longer. Hopefully the creators of Black Ops (Treyarch) can take what they did with Black Ops (simply adding total player customization) and add to the CoD series instead of rehashing the same thing, because it's clear IW and Sledgehammer have no clue where to take Call of Duty. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    call of duty Modern Warfare 3 is easily the most anticipated game of this year. However the fact that there are little changes makes me wonder why it is so expensive. The multiplayer is just the same as modern warfare 2, but is even faster paced. It is to fast paced, you never truly know what is going on and you have only time to run around the map and shoot first. Also, the assault riflescall of duty Modern Warfare 3 is easily the most anticipated game of this year. However the fact that there are little changes makes me wonder why it is so expensive. The multiplayer is just the same as modern warfare 2, but is even faster paced. It is to fast paced, you never truly know what is going on and you have only time to run around the map and shoot first. Also, the assault rifles are very overpowered and you will get raped if you dont use them. The maps are average- none of them are amazing. the one bright spot to the game is the special ops mode, where you survive as long as you can against waves of enemies. It was a blast to play with my sister, but i doubt it will stay fun for long to to the repitive nature of the mode. i would recomend to ll people who are thinking about buying the game to rent it first, because the multiplayer is very hit and miss. As i did not play the campaign i am only basing this review over the multiplayer and spec-ops. Overall this game is average, but not terrible. If you liked modern warfare 2, you will most likely like the game. however if you are looking for a groundbreaking expierience full of new things then you should go play another game(SKYRIM!!!!!) Expand
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    Well its what you except the graphics are the same the mulitiplayer is way better than modern warfare 2 its probably the best cod mulitiplayer! And the campaign was dumb and super short as usual but what ever spec ops is boring again except survival mode that's pretty fun but doesn't come close to black ops zombies or world at war zombies. buts pretty much modern warfare 2.5 with someWell its what you except the graphics are the same the mulitiplayer is way better than modern warfare 2 its probably the best cod mulitiplayer! And the campaign was dumb and super short as usual but what ever spec ops is boring again except survival mode that's pretty fun but doesn't come close to black ops zombies or world at war zombies. buts pretty much modern warfare 2.5 with some patches so its not worth a buy unless your a die hard fan. but i got it any way! because its a new cod! lol Expand
  93. Nov 24, 2011
    I have played every CoD video game since the first. Once call of duty 4 came out it was a complete game changer, but since then, not much else has changed. Modern Warfare 3 promised so much and barley lived up to it at all. Starting off with the Single player, it felt extremely lacking of a solid story or even relevance to the game, some may disagree with me on that point but in my opinionI have played every CoD video game since the first. Once call of duty 4 came out it was a complete game changer, but since then, not much else has changed. Modern Warfare 3 promised so much and barley lived up to it at all. Starting off with the Single player, it felt extremely lacking of a solid story or even relevance to the game, some may disagree with me on that point but in my opinion it didn't live up to the current day first person shooter campaigns. If you take a game like Modern warfare 3 and compare it to other first person shooters like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Battlefield 3, Rage and Resistance 3 the campaign just doest do the game justice. Now on to the Spec Ops. Yes it is a great addition to the game, it is basically the game mode that makes up for no cooperative campaign. I find some of these fun but on the other hand i feel that they were something that activation just threw in due to lack of creativity. It was new and innovative in MW2 but i found it rather old in MW3. They were just boring and didn't really add much to the game unless your trying to get all of the achievements/trophies in the game. Now onto the point that most people get the game for, multiplayer. Yes the multiplayer is fun and addicting but theres nothing really new to the multiplayer. The multiplayer feels rather lacking of the main point, but people will keep buying this game no matter how much they change or add to the game. Its just the same every year, just like the Madden series, i just can't justify people buying a new Call of Duty game every November. Maybe if they just took a break and released a game every 2 or so years they would actually have time to make it a fun and worthwhile game. With modern warfare 3 i felt that you were just buying a new map pack and some new guns. Overall i think this game really disappointed and didn't live up to the hype just as its predecessors have done. But it is another game and fun to a certain point, I am not bashing this game in any way shape or form, just giving my honest review. This game is just rather simple and bland. I can't see it living up to other modern games released this winter. Hope this review helped!! Expand
  94. Nov 25, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. This years addition to the Call of Duty franchise. Is this the Call of Duty game that will re-invent the franchise? The short answer is, no. While it is still the frantically fast paced, good fun online, little is done to move the series forward. CAMPAIGN: Compared to the mess of a campaign that MW2 was, his campaign is great! Lot's of intense action scenesCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. This years addition to the Call of Duty franchise. Is this the Call of Duty game that will re-invent the franchise? The short answer is, no. While it is still the frantically fast paced, good fun online, little is done to move the series forward. CAMPAIGN: Compared to the mess of a campaign that MW2 was, his campaign is great! Lot's of intense action scenes that will stay in your mind long after playing. In terms of the story it's decent, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer presented the story in a less than desired way but they still make it worth your time to play. ONLINE: Probably don't need to say tom much here, If you love Call of Duty. You will love multi-player. If you hate Call of Duty, not so much. This is practically the same online experience you have enjoyed all these years, but improved upon. New weapons, strike packages, pointstreaks, new game modes (like Kill Confirmed) and more make this the best online Call of Duty yet.However in terms of customization, it is much less custimmizable than last years Black Ops, you can no longer create your very own custom Emblem and place it on your gun, there is less camo choices and the cool 3-D class creation screen is gone. There is also no "Dive" move in multi-player. CO-OP: MW3 brings back the beloved Spec-Ops mode where you and 1 other player can play through pre-made missions, trying to earn the best time on each. They also brought in a new mode called Survival, this is kind of like Modern Warfare's version of Nazi Zombies, you and another player can try to survive wave after wave of different types of personnel and attack helicopters, oh....and Juggernauts! FINAL COMMENTS: All in all this years Call of Duty isa good one, if your a fan of the series pick it up. If you have never played a Call of Duty before (hard to believe) then this is a good one to get. Expand
  95. Nov 26, 2011
    This game really doesn't deserve as much hate as it receives. Most people who submitted scores probably were Battlefield fanboys who have nothing better to do with their lives, but I'll give my opinion. Despite a few new additions to the formula, this is generally the same game that we've been playing since Call of Duty 4. This in itself can be a good and a bad thing. It is bad becauseThis game really doesn't deserve as much hate as it receives. Most people who submitted scores probably were Battlefield fanboys who have nothing better to do with their lives, but I'll give my opinion. Despite a few new additions to the formula, this is generally the same game that we've been playing since Call of Duty 4. This in itself can be a good and a bad thing. It is bad because it's not really anything unique or different, but then again, it doesn't really need to be. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, and sports games have been doing the same thing for years, and still put out fun and great titles. The same goes for Call of Duty; while not being anything original, it's still damn fun and addictive. Also, look at it a bit more realistically. It's obviously more financially reasonable for Infinity Ward to release an addition to the series that doesn't take much work to make. It may not seem "just" or "right," but it's smart. These are business executives, and they're all about the dollar, and hey, I'm not complaining too much, the games still amazingly fun. Sure there are still those frustrating moments when nothing is going right, you can't get a kill, and the game lags up on you and you get killed behind the corner, but these little shortcomings are far outweighed by the fantastic structure and addictive gameplay, and now with the addition of the strike packages, everyone can succeed. Support Packages are perfect for beginning players that need a bit of aid in their early efforts at becoming an expert. Assault Packages are the same awesome killstreaks from previous games, with some new editions, like the Assault Drone, Reaper, and Osprey Gunner. And last, my personal favorite, is the Specialist Package, which is for the expert players that can go on long steaks without dying. Getting the All Perks Bonus is one of the best feelings you can get when playing a game, given that you become a near invincible beast until you die. To me, most of the new maps are awesome, being headlined by Dome, Village, and Mission; however, maps like Bakaara, Seatown, and Fallen just strike me as uninspired, boring, and most of all frustrating. Last of all, the guns in the game are pretty great; however, I feel as if they added too many shotguns, where they should have focused a bit more on Submachine Guns, given that most of the maps seem more geared toward them. The PP90M1 and the Type 95 are beastly weapons that I never get tired of using. Unfortunately, sniping from Modern Warfare 3 has stayed with MW2 style rather than the more balanced and difficult Black Ops sniping. I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more people quick-scoping within the next few months. The final big addition to the game is how you can level up weapons. I think this was a marvelous addition to the game, and helped to improve your game with weapon proficiencies. Overall, the proficiencies were a nice addition, but I never found myself straying away from Kick, Range, or Attachments seeing that those were the most useful. Modern Warfare 3 is a great game, and will probably keep me and others playing for many months to come. Sure it's strikingly similar to previous titles, but as the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Expand
  96. Dec 20, 2011
    Activison, Infinity Ward and sledgehammer were just money hungry and created a game with its ups and downs. It has its flaws and the graphics look the same as mw2 but on the positive side at least they killed of makarov
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    Disappointing in its resemblance to the previous installment, but stellar due to its impressive frame rate and eventful plot. You will immediately recognize that little went into transitioning to Modern Warfare
    3, but also stand (or sit, rather) in awe of its delightful conclusion.
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    I think its hilarious how people say "BF3 Fan boys" are knocking the score down.....So your telling me that out of 539 bad reviews not one of these is a honest opinion? That is ridiculous to assume that. people are not mad because it's "the same game" it's more of IW and Activision hyped this game up so much to just release a almost identical experience to MW2. By no means is this gameI think its hilarious how people say "BF3 Fan boys" are knocking the score down.....So your telling me that out of 539 bad reviews not one of these is a honest opinion? That is ridiculous to assume that. people are not mad because it's "the same game" it's more of IW and Activision hyped this game up so much to just release a almost identical experience to MW2. By no means is this game bad, but at the same time it's not good. This is for most games that dev's release these days. They copy paste and add a few things and expect that to be alright. We as gamers need to be more blunt and harsh on games because we know that the so called "journalist" will not. If Activision and other companies would stop releasing the same thing every year and come up with new stuff gaming would be so much more exciting.

Now to my opinion on MW3. It is a average game with average graphics.It is fun online but is basically what we all have already seen. The SP is about 5hours long tops and the multiplayer has nothing renovating.I will say the one good thing about MP is the Kill confirmed.

I will give this a 5 because this game is average at best.

Also I have not played BF3 so therefore I am no fanboy.
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    Let me start off with, I love Modern Warfare ( COD4), and i thought nothing was better in the FPS realm at the time, then Modern Warfare 2 came out and i couldnt get enough of that game, it was full of action, suspense, great set pieces and memorable characters. Now Modern Warfare 3 to me just seems incomplete. The story is shorter, and much of the same, run here, shoot that, blow this up,Let me start off with, I love Modern Warfare ( COD4), and i thought nothing was better in the FPS realm at the time, then Modern Warfare 2 came out and i couldnt get enough of that game, it was full of action, suspense, great set pieces and memorable characters. Now Modern Warfare 3 to me just seems incomplete. The story is shorter, and much of the same, run here, shoot that, blow this up, get in this vehicle, rinse and repeat, which im fine with, dont get me wrong its mindless fun, no need to think just shoot. But i just cant get into Modern Warfare 3. The multiplayer is stale, it doesn't improve anything, or fix and issues that where big issues through out the series. It feels as if they have taken a step backwards. I understand if your good at something, really good at something, you keep it going but after a certain point what your good at becomes subpar and you weaknesses are exposed, and that weakness is change. In a marked flooded with similar FPS experiences you would think to break the mold, switch it up, change how we play and FPS. Modern Warfare 3 plays it safe and gives you a reboot of what was successful in Modern Warfare 2. Which to me is a shame because there is so much potential in this series and it is sad that a group as talented as Infinity Ward can only give you what they have already given you years ago. People are going to buy this game because it has Call of Duty written on it, critics are going to review this game with high remarks because it has Call of Duty written on it. Take away the call of duty label and what do you have? a sub par shooter that fails to give you anything more then what is predecessors gave you, a story that leaves a bad taste in your mouth, a spec ops mode that was thrown together on a whim, and a multiplayer that is too scared to try something new and get old very fast, faster then any mutliplayer before it. Finally, in the huge debate between Battlefield, and Cod. Each game does what they do best, cod is frantic gunplay in close quarters that forces you to stay on you toes, Battlefield is a large play area that focuses more on staying alive and strategy and vehicle play. Each game draws a different crowd. But dont rate Modern Warfare 3 because its not battlefield or its not as good, its not ment to be battlefield, its not ment to play like battlefield, its ment to be an FPS that is unique and delivers a large amount of action, but falls short of that goal by giving you the same shooter, the same story and the same everything. its not worth a 10 and its certainly not worth a 1. its a 7 at best. If your unsure Gamefly it, Red Box it, or wait til its black friday to grab it at the price its worth, 30$. Expand

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.