7.4

1. Jan 15, 2012
    Excellent single player and the multiplayer WAS good in its time. No longer though. Every lobby has hackers running around with "god mode" enabled and Tryarch will not do anything about it.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    I don't think Activision have every had a History lesson at school in their lives. This game is unbelievably inaccurate (even though it is set in a real event) and the characters are so unloveable. They could all die in warfare and I would be happy, as the game would be over. Every gun feels the same. I don't know if it's my copy of the game, but it has no save feature. WHY DO THEY EXPECT ME TO WANT TO COMPLETE THIS WHOLE **** GAME IN ONE SITTING. It would be ok if the game was any good, but it isn't. Zombies is unlockable, which again isn't a big problem, but in this case it is because, again, THERES NO SAVE FEATURE! Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    "Call of Duty: World at War" has everything wrong. The textures are muddy and dirty as well as the sneaky, invincible AI. The story is good, but TOO linear. Especially after playing this game on Xbox for a brief period, I realized this game isn't for the Xbox; it's not meant to be. In my opinion the PC version was better with plenty of swag, so if you really want to play this piece of junk, at least buy it on PC or Playstation. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2010
    Without a doubt, the worst Call of Duty game made to date. This is where things in the COD franchise started to collapse. COD games since WaW have been horrible such as Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. While MW2 is not quite as horrible but still, same as Black Ops which is only a tab bit better than Waw. The Multiplayer is filled with campers. The multiplayer is also as unbalanced as you can expect from COD to date. The Campaign is as beyond retarded (which what you can except from Call of Duty). I've never played a game that's so bad, that I wanted to die. I'm dead serious. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible gameplay, terrible multiplayer, terrible interface. Nothing like Call of Duty 4. I shelved this game quickly and moved back to Call of Duty 4.
  6. Jan 19, 2014
    I didn't play this game very long, I shot one guy in the head then my screen was cluttered with a notice telling me what I had just done with points underneath, I don't want my immersion taken away by on screen numberwang. This game took a tired concept and made it worse with no efforts to do anything good with the franchise. This game was truly the final nail in the COD coffin.
  7. OshizL.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I can't believe treyarch have done it again. Have none of these people played it on veteran? It's unacceptable that when you are playing on the hardest level you die, not out of lack of taking cover or aiming skill etc. but from appalling clipping issues... too many times in cod3 and now 5, I've crouched at a sandbag / box / whatever, preparing to run to the next piece of cover, only to be caught out by the magic splinter of doom that even ants could climb over, let alone humans, let alone soldiers charged on adrenaline. cod2 and 4 don't suffer from these problems. After the tiny twig problem, there is the awful friendly AI. too often in 3, and now in 5, I would be crouched at the corner of some cover aiming out only to discover I had been pushed out into the open by my fellow soldiers, who are seemingly made of impregnable lead and steroids which no opportunity to push them out to take fire for you when hemmed in. cod2 and 4 don't suffer from these problems. Infinity ward must be holding out on treyarch or something, because I heard this was going to use the cod4 engine. I didn't imagine they just meant the graphics engine! whatever. they don't care anyway, they got my money... but I'll be selling this to some half-wit as soon as i've frustratingly dragged myself to the end of this labourious campaign. Treyarch, you have managed to compound the disgrace that was 3 with this latest effort, you can count on 1 less customer in future. Collapse

1. Call of Duty: World At War needs better character development and more "oh my God" moments. However, it's still a terrific first-person shooter. The combat is tight, the presentation shines and the multiplayer, particularly Nazi Zombie mode and co-op campaign, will keep you blasting enemy soldiers for weeks.
  2. Treyarch did a remarkable job of breathing new life into the WWII shooter. They followed the conventions outlined by Infinity Ward to a tee and, as a result, created a shooter that is every bit as good as last year's entry. Of course, there isn't a whole lot of innovation this time around, but the increased Multiplayer options, new settings, and great enemy A.I. should more than satisfy all but the most jaded Infinity Ward fanboys.
    Although the campaign storyline isn't nearly as engaging as the one seen in "CoD4," there should be enough memorable set pieces and intense sequences to keep you riveted throughout. The addition of a co-op mode brings a great deal of replay value to the proceedings, especially once you start throwing the death cards into the mix. Ultimately, it's the multiplayer and co-op action that will keep us coming back for more.