• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 7, 2007
  • Also On: PC
6.8

1. May 17, 2012
    I heard about Call of Juarez soon after finishing a game called Gun, and I spent months looking for it. Then finally in the clearance section of a music store I found Call of Juarez for $20. I got home, played it for an hour, then never touched it again. The voice acting is so horrible I hope they're not professionals, Ubisoft must have rounded up a bunch of artists and programmers and made them read the lines. Expand

1. Call of Juarez could've been a uniquely hard-boiled journey through the late 1800s, but it kicks up too much distracting dust to be worth the trip. [July 2007, p.78]
    A game not afraid to take chances and have fun with itself. The atmosphere is excellent, thanks to a great cinematic score and a great variety of gameplay including horses, dueling, stealth and flat-out action.
  3. If Call of Juarez skipped its forgettable multiplayer and adopted a sandbox world more like Oblivion with fleshed out areas to explore and side missions, it could have been the gunslinger I’ve been waiting for all these years. As it stands, it’s a respectable if unambitious title that should tide over Western fans until the holy grail of six shooters rides into town.