• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 7, 2007
  • Also On: PC
7.0

1. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game not afraid to take chances and have fun with itself. The atmosphere is excellent, thanks to a great cinematic score and a great variety of gameplay including horses, dueling, stealth and flat-out action. Expand
  2. FPSMaster
    Jun 18, 2007
    I don't really know if I should review this since I only played it for about 30 minutes, but that's all it took for me to see this game was crap. It had really nice lighting and graphics, the controls were OK if a little clunky, but the shooting just felt boring and the way the game is designed is you have to do very linear objectives or you die instantly. I started off moving I don't really know if I should review this since I only played it for about 30 minutes, but that's all it took for me to see this game was crap. It had really nice lighting and graphics, the controls were OK if a little clunky, but the shooting just felt boring and the way the game is designed is you have to do very linear objectives or you die instantly. I started off moving around in the first level, I went through the training course and after about 10 minutes of just walking around looking for the objective because the game tells you nothing remotely close to where the supposed objective is. I finally figured this out and finished it, walked into a town, went up to see a hooker, had to jump out a window, then another objective told me to sneak out of town as I was being chased. After about another 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to sneak out of town with 4 people standing in my line of sight, I figured it out. As a sneaked out, those 4 guys started chasing me and I had triggered a terribly long chase scene along the edge of a cliff that seemed to have spots you had to just fall down. I died at least 5 times during this linear objective and said to Hell with it. A note to developers: if you're gonna make your game as linear as a PS1 game, you need to give the player some kind of freaking idea what they are supposed to do and not make the only single way you can go hidden from the player. The fact that such a linear game can keep you looking for the next place to go for 10 minutes is mindboggling. In the end, this was a nice looking game marred by terribly linear and unforgiving, boring gameplay. It's up there with Vampire Rain and Bomberman for worst games on 360. Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    You may notice I am writing this review in 2013 when most are from 2007, this is when I played the game and I have to say it has not aged well, all I can say is it is a western romp if you are looking for that sort of thing and whilst I could go without having played it, completing it did make the storyline for it's sequel bound in blood more interesting.
  4. Argonaut74
    Sep 5, 2007
    All I have to say, is that for the ten minutes I tried playing this game: 1. I fell down a steep slope breaking my neck 3 times 2. Got caught and told off by a farmer about six times. This was the training level and it frustrated me to no end.
    Then when I couldn't kill any NPCs I got really pissed. So I started throwing bottles and mugs at them. The game explained that this was not allowed. So after throwing one more jug at a guy's head, it ended and told me that harming innocents or horses in this game is not allowed. R u Serious? I Quit and uninstalled it.
  5. Mar 28, 2017
    Over hyped game that get's real boring and repetitive real fast. It's still a decent game and worth a one time play through, not more here in terms of replay value though.

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Call of Juarez could've been a uniquely hard-boiled journey through the late 1800s, but it kicks up too much distracting dust to be worth the trip. [July 2007, p.78]
  3. If Call of Juarez skipped its forgettable multiplayer and adopted a sandbox world more like Oblivion with fleshed out areas to explore and side missions, it could have been the gunslinger I’ve been waiting for all these years. As it stands, it’s a respectable if unambitious title that should tide over Western fans until the holy grail of six shooters rides into town.