Captain America: Super Soldier Xbox 360

6.4

1. Jun 2, 2012
    If you liked Batman: Arkham City, you will like this. An excellent world war 2 adventure which has sets the bar for any other upcoming superhero games. Even if you don't like Captain America in general, the game is still good. With a good plot, okay graphics, and epic boss battles, you will never forget this game.
  2. Mar 15, 2012
    Anyone who doesn't like this game obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. Ok its not going to win any game of the year awards and the amount of collectibles is laughable. However, if u have any video game skills at all and know how to use combat systems for individual games properly than this game is very fun. Throwing the shield couldn't be more fun and the platforming andAnyone who doesn't like this game obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. Ok its not going to win any game of the year awards and the amount of collectibles is laughable. However, if u have any video game skills at all and know how to use combat systems for individual games properly than this game is very fun. Throwing the shield couldn't be more fun and the platforming and swinging parts are some of the best I've seen ( I dare you to find a third person game I havent played, try me!). This game is the building blocks of something great. Other than the Arkham series, this is the best superhero game I've played. Enemies can get slightly repetitive but there are some many animations, beating them up never gets old. I just wanna know of there will be a sequel. I hope no one pays these critics bc they're opinions are terrible and I would never go by what they say !&$& spoiler alert -- no red skull battle? Better be a sequel Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    Movie related games are almost always dismal. This is often due to the developers not bothering to make an effor, as they assume the hype around the movie eill propel the game Fortunately, Captain America does not fall into that trap. This is a really decent effort. It's not game of the year by any means, but it's a genuinely fun game. Solid mechanics and high production values to beMovie related games are almost always dismal. This is often due to the developers not bothering to make an effor, as they assume the hype around the movie eill propel the game Fortunately, Captain America does not fall into that trap. This is a really decent effort. It's not game of the year by any means, but it's a genuinely fun game. Solid mechanics and high production values to be found in abundance Expand
  4. Jul 26, 2011
    I always seem hesitant to buy a comic book to movie to game tie in game. This one was no different. But I was drawn in by the similarities to Batman: Arkham Asylum. The combat feels fluid. The platforming is more about timing than anything else but the plot is engaging especially some of the little extras you find by hunting down the collectibles. The game itself may be a touch to easy inI always seem hesitant to buy a comic book to movie to game tie in game. This one was no different. But I was drawn in by the similarities to Batman: Arkham Asylum. The combat feels fluid. The platforming is more about timing than anything else but the plot is engaging especially some of the little extras you find by hunting down the collectibles. The game itself may be a touch to easy in parts and the boss battles are easy to figure out after a couple of tries on normal difficulty. It is however still very engaging and makes you feel like a superhero beating down hoards of minions to get to the "supervillain". If you liked Batman then I can recommend this game to you. Expand
  5. Jul 24, 2011
    Well I for one don't hate all movie games as many do, I do however think most of them are rushed and not very polished in terms of story or game play. To me if you're going to play a movie game then you must like the character enough to put up with those things. That is not the case with Captain America: Super Soldier, though the camera can be a little funky the rest of the game seemsWell I for one don't hate all movie games as many do, I do however think most of them are rushed and not very polished in terms of story or game play. To me if you're going to play a movie game then you must like the character enough to put up with those things. That is not the case with Captain America: Super Soldier, though the camera can be a little funky the rest of the game seems polished and ready to entertain, and that it does. The combat is quick and fun and the shield turns out to be a very fun way to take out enemies. The platforming is a little boring and too easy but it still works quite well. The only real problem is the pacing of the game, there are lulls in certain areas that you have to push through until you get to more great action but its still worth it. The short campaign makes it great for a weekend rental and finding stuff in every nook and cranny of the level warrants a second play through if your a trophy hog. All in all Cap translates very well into a game that everyone can enjoy. Expand
  6. Jul 22, 2011
    I just want to say... this game is NOT a 59. 1up gave the game a C- which somehow equates to a MetaCritic score of 42%... odd. This game is good clean fun and by no means is it a 59... 64, sure. Anyone who plays it knows this. And if you're unsatisfied by the duration of the game then go to your end game save file and back track through the castle and see if you can whoop those battles.I just want to say... this game is NOT a 59. 1up gave the game a C- which somehow equates to a MetaCritic score of 42%... odd. This game is good clean fun and by no means is it a 59... 64, sure. Anyone who plays it knows this. And if you're unsatisfied by the duration of the game then go to your end game save file and back track through the castle and see if you can whoop those battles. It's beefed up brawling action!

Anyone who rated this in the negative is a jaded, crusty old fool who hated the game before it even hit the shelves just because it was branded with the Sega logo.
  7. Jan 7, 2016
    Video games that are intended as tie-ins to major Hollywood films have a deserved reputation for being shoddy. They're produced with limited budgets under tight deadlines by people ultimately more concerned with having the maximum possible publicity for their film than with creating a worthwhile game.

Captain America: Super Soldier is the rare case where the end result somehow manages to rise above this. It is not a great game but it is a damn good one: A fun, exciting chance to play Cap pummeling Nazis during behind enemy lines World War II mission.

The game design and storyline both do a really good job of evoking both the film and the comics. Actor Chris Evans lends his voice as Cap and for true nerds there are some nice callbacks to the comics. A section where you escape from an underground prison is especially well done.

Where it really shines is in the combat system. The designers gave Cap an acrobatic melee fighting style that is easy to learn and a blast to watch on screen. After playing a while, you'll be stringing together elaborate combos that allow Cap to take out entire rooms full of Nazis -- often with crushing finishing blows. Trust me, this *never* gets old. The game has a nicely balanced difficulty curve to keep it challenging too. As many others have noted, the combat system, ahem, "borrows" heavily from the Batman Arkham games, but, hey, if you're gonna steal...

The game does have its flaws. It can be repetitive at times and the designers stocked it with a ridiculous amount of items to scavenge for. It just seems out of character for Cap to take a break from trying to sabotage Nazi plans so he can root around looking for golden eggs. But these are minor quibbles.

Give the designers credit: They clearly put some serious effort into doing right by Captain America and producing a game they could actually be proud of.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    The combat's fun, the plot's well executed and the multimedia's solid. If you don't mind a heavy dose of platforming with your non-gun combat, you won't be disappointed by Captain America.
  2. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Sep 19, 2011
    A competent knock-off of Arkham Asylum which stands head and shoulders above Sega's other Marvel tie-ins. [Nov 2011, p.107]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK