6.3

1. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is pretty good for what it was created, some vehicles with various upgrades. The Artificial Intelligence is not dumb when it is commanded by good players. A strategy game with multiple control elements own vehicle, very good fun style that Bohemia Interactive knows how to create games.

The campaign is good at what it purports to be, something strange to note are several
    professional sites do reviews so low for such a good game. Watch videos, check reviews of many players, not just professional websites.

The game is totally different from the styles known to consoles to play RTS games and first-personal, is a game that requires planning, a level of calm and patience. Funny how the games of old, very old players maybe will enjoy more than the current COD players.
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    Maybe I'm getting to old. I just don't understand the "professional" reviewers anymore. I've played the original Carrier Command and have very fond memories of that game. You hear all the "professional reviewers"say how great that game was. Sure it was a great game in its time. Here we have the new carrier command and it improves in my opinion everything that was great in the original and it gets burned down. I must say that the pathfinding isn't really a problem for me but maybe that is because of my playstyle. I don't know. Just treat them as the unmanned drones that they are and you'll be fine. I just love the game. Expand
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    The cool thing about this game is the different perspectives you get. You can easily and smoothly jump between a tactical map view to a first person vehicle view. There is also an FPS component to the game. Another cool thing is the different combat maps you travel through, the different environments, as well as the dynamic weather effects. The AI are dumb but you are meant to control them, that is the core of ANY tactical and strategic game. The campaign is rather lengthy and you have a huge number of maps to choose from in the individual combat mode. You need to be able to reason and think logically to play this game successfully, to have an analytical mind, because at the heart this game is like chess. Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is not aimed at everyone, at the mass of gamers out there who play whatever is trending on youtube. People who only care about graphics. This game is old-school tactics and strategy, it does not hold your hand. Often very difficult but challenging and fun. Expand

1. Dec 17, 2012
    An easily forgettable game, plagued by too many problems: bad unit management, dumb AI, extreme repetitiveness and troublesome user interface.
  2. Dec 10, 2012
    Disappointingly then, the original game created in the '80s on inferior and far less powerful hardware trumps the remake, which should be a little embarrassing for a game developed this late in to the console lifecycles.
    An impossible sell when you repress the action, screw the controls and forget to include AI. [Issue#91, p.88]