8.0

1. Mar 16, 2012
    I'm still at a loss as to why anyone suggests this game. It's classified action adventure, but I saw neither in the amount of time I could stomach playing it. I'm more a fan of playing games than reading them. If you like reading simulators, and you like Japanese style games, and you don't believe "fun" needs to be included, boy is this the game for you. If you treasure a good time, and playing more than reading, you'll want to skip this one. It has generated a cult following, and that makes sense. You should join a cult if you enjoy this game. The "puzzles" are less interesting than a game of Tetris, and the conversations are more ridiculous than a mediocre JRPG. It was painful to play through the little bit I did. Expand

1. Mar 10, 2012
    A fresh and unique game, but with a steep challenge that some will find frustrating. But it does feature a giant arse monster. [Issue#82, p.92]
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    Catherine will mean different things to different people, a game that runs far deeper than its titillating surface might suggest. And the journey to finding out what it means to you is certainly one worth taking.
    If you hate puzzle games, this certainly isn't for you. But if you decide to throw your time and money at Catherine, you're in for a dream of a game within the genre.