CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars Xbox 360

8.8

1. FredB.
    Jun 10, 2009
    I love this game! This is kind of like Unreal Tournament, except you can jump really high, run, and use psychokenetic powers- i.e. throwing objects or shooting balls of energy. My son and I play this against bots split screen and can't get enough of it. Unfortunately you can't do the same on line, where only one player can enter. The graphics run off the Unreal Engine and are I love this game! This is kind of like Unreal Tournament, except you can jump really high, run, and use psychokenetic powers- i.e. throwing objects or shooting balls of energy. My son and I play this against bots split screen and can't get enough of it. Unfortunately you can't do the same on line, where only one player can enter. The graphics run off the Unreal Engine and are really great for a downloaded game. The maps are varied and well thought out; some very open, others more claustrophobic like the ones found in other Unreal games. My favorite character is the one without powers-just guns- With him, you can use both triggers to wield two guns and quickly "pop some caps" into your enemies! To round out the package there is a one player challenge mode with ten challenges for each of the three characters, 30 challenges total. This is definitely worth checking out if you can spare 800 micro points. Expand

1. While CellFactor is more fun with real humans, it never feels like it'll lure you away from other shooters. [Apr 2009, p.75]
    A surprisingly enjoyable shooter. It doesn't do anything new for a retail game, but there are few great online shooters on XBLA. And for that reason alone, it may be worth $10.
  3. CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars is a uniquely fun multiplayer shooter than will satisfy old school fans and give them, and competition hungry new schoolers, a solid alternative to the bigger games on the market that require a larger online time investment or statistical paranoia.