Cloning Clyde Xbox 360

• Also On: PC
7.9

1. KevinKubo
    Jul 20, 2006
    I'm very stingy with my spending when it comes to games available for the Arcade (Geometry Wars is the only other game I've actually purchased, though I've tried basically all of them) but I'm impressed by the quality of this game. What would have been sold alongside Barbie Fantastical Pony Adventures and cost $20 bucks for the last generation of consoles you can getI'm very stingy with my spending when it comes to games available for the Arcade (Geometry Wars is the only other game I've actually purchased, though I've tried basically all of them) but I'm impressed by the quality of this game. What would have been sold alongside Barbie Fantastical Pony Adventures and cost $20 bucks for the last generation of consoles you can get for about $5 on your 360, and it's totally worth it. The levels are quick and clever and there are a lot of them, so you can play for a few minutes or for a long haul. Gameplay is simple but the puzzles get trickier as the game progresses, keeping it interesting (but never frustrating). The production values are top-notch for an Arcade game and I have yet to run across any real problems. My only complaints are that using the bellyflop attack is basically useless (you just get beat up while Clyde gets back up, which is bad when you get swarmed) and sometimes when switching Clydes it doesn't go to the nearest one when you use the "go to the nearest Clyde" button.

If you feel your Arcade is lacking, this game will fill your need for quite some time.
  2. LunarDuality
    Jul 24, 2006
    Easily worth the $10. One of the few great original games out for XBLA. Once you've kicked your first chicken, you'll never want to put Clyde down.
  3. BruinsFan
    Jul 24, 2006
    The Oddworld clone ive been wating for. I have been waiting years for someone to make a rip off of the classic Oddworld 2D game, finally. This game is great. One of the best XBLA games to date. I cant put this one down.
  4. WillM.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Great game, excellent value for $10 considering it offers both single and multiplayer fun. You're getting a lot of gameplay for the 800 points and it offers something fresh and new to the XBLA lineup.
  5. AdamC.
    Jul 24, 2006
    This is a great game. The single player has very unique elements, and the multiplayer finds a new way to use puzzles in online games to help you win. THis is definently worth the 800 points.
  6. TwistedTenacity
    Jul 26, 2006
    Insultingly easy game. The poor level design (19 Clydes in the level when you really only need about 3 of them for completion) ensures that the game feels more like work than anything that would be worth your time.

One of the most extensive and enjoyable games available on the Xbox Live Arcade. While it's an unfamiliar title to most, it's worth the investment.
  2. An incomparably innovative combination of hilarity and diabolical puzzles, Cloning Clyde is also a total bargain at 800 Microsoft points ($5).
    Cloning Clyde is a great game. The action is smooth and fun, the puzzles are challenging but built on a nice learning curve, and there is more than enough variety to keep you busy while the game lasts.