College Hoops 2K8 Xbox 360

6.9

1. J.D.Payne
    Mar 21, 2008
    This game is not for beginners, this is only the second basketball game I have owned and it is incredibly difficult. The tutorial just kind of shows you the controls and doesn't really help much. The legacy mode is time consuming and confusing, and when you finally get to the part where you play a game, you get your ass kicked because you have to play hours of practice to get your This game is not for beginners, this is only the second basketball game I have owned and it is incredibly difficult. The tutorial just kind of shows you the controls and doesn't really help much. The legacy mode is time consuming and confusing, and when you finally get to the part where you play a game, you get your ass kicked because you have to play hours of practice to get your team good. So as a newcomer to college hoops I personally would not suggest this game. Expand
  2. NelsonS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    First off, let me say that this is the best basketball game that I have ever played to date. Graphics are solid, although maybe not great as far as the players go, but the arenas look sweet. One thing I think they really nailed here is the atmosphere of the college game. The crowds are ravenous and they really get into the game and respond to what's going on. Something any other First off, let me say that this is the best basketball game that I have ever played to date. Graphics are solid, although maybe not great as far as the players go, but the arenas look sweet. One thing I think they really nailed here is the atmosphere of the college game. The crowds are ravenous and they really get into the game and respond to what's going on. Something any other basketball game has lacked, at least the ones I've played. The menus seemed a little bit awkward for me to navigate through at times, but I'm getting used to it. But the one and only thing that REALLY bothers me about this game, and it's a major thing, is the fact that it's nearly impossible to stop the computer from scoring, even on freshman level, no matter which teams you choose to play with. For example, I was playing on freshman, and I chose to play as Kansas at home vs. STETSON, and I absolutely could NOT pull away. You just trade baskets most of the game, and if you go on a bit of a run and open up a double digit lead, the CPU is sure to go on a quick 9-0 run and be right with you again. Seemingly every time. Okay okay, maybe I'm not great at defense yet, but considering the I was playing on freshman, I should not have to work THAT hard to stop Stetson from scoring constantly when I'm playing at home as a Top 5 team. I can't imagine what it's like playing this game on harder levels of difficulty.. I plan to give this game more time and work more at defense, and maybe I'll get better. But defense is frustrating to say the least, and gameplay is so often the downfall of sports games. But still, I give this game a good rating because it still can be fun to play, and if I get good at defense, it'll be a blast. Collapse
  3. BarneyM.
    Feb 8, 2008
    I probably shouldn't give it a 10 b/c there is always room for improvement but this game has nailed the college experience like none other. I also have NBA 2k8 and I have only played it one time. The atmosphere in the arenas of the College Hoops game is enough to get your adrenaline flowing. Online play is sick. The only thing I don't like is that the home team gets too much of I probably shouldn't give it a 10 b/c there is always room for improvement but this game has nailed the college experience like none other. I also have NBA 2k8 and I have only played it one time. The atmosphere in the arenas of the College Hoops game is enough to get your adrenaline flowing. Online play is sick. The only thing I don't like is that the home team gets too much of advantage. I don't mind playing in a hostile arena, or shooting free throws with a shaky screen but make my opponent beat me rather than having the computer take over and allow the home team to start making ridiculous defensive plays etc. just b/c they are at home. Expand
  4. BrianP.
    Dec 6, 2007
    Great game all around. Its the little things that set this game apart from the rest.
  5. Slingblade
    Dec 2, 2007
    First off, I think the game should only be played from the Nosebleeds camera angle. This is the closest view to a TV broadcast IMHO. You can see more of the court which helps you find the right pass/alley-oop. The stick skills are better, you can really break down an opponents defense and free-up for an open shot. The low-post work is nice, lots of classic teams (93 Wolverines, 82 & 95 First off, I think the game should only be played from the Nosebleeds camera angle. This is the closest view to a TV broadcast IMHO. You can see more of the court which helps you find the right pass/alley-oop. The stick skills are better, you can really break down an opponents defense and free-up for an open shot. The low-post work is nice, lots of classic teams (93 Wolverines, 82 & 95 Tarheels). Fun to customize classic rosters faces/shoes. It plays tough and smart, especially in multiplayer. Slightly better than Madden 08, coming from a lifetime Madden gamer, says A LOT!! Expand
  6. JackS.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This game plays like their nba game. it doesn't feel like college hoops and their crowd stuff is lame...It's all sprint button and go. no strategy. save your money.
  7. JimA.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Best basketball game ever! Newfeatures like play vision, range meter, lock-on D, Maximum passing make this game way better than last year's. The action is exciting and fun!
  8. JohnR.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This game is top notch college hoops. This is the onl choice this year for College Hoops. Great depth and detail to the sport. March Madness will not touch this. I played the March Madness demo and it sucks. Why do you think they are bringing the price down 10 bucks. The clear choice is College Hoops 2k8.
  9. JimB.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Same slip sliding gameplay as always. Arenas look like they are lit by fluorescent lights, characters look cartoony. Zero gameplay improvements except for some new animations. Isomotion just does not feel natural. This game is ok, but if you have last years version you'll be dissapointed.
  10. BobS.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Best basketball game I've ever played. Gameplay is smooth, the crowd is crazy, and the graphics are great. New features like 2K Share and game modes like All-American Challenge just add on to the games already amazing experience.

For all the additions in this game, some sensible, some less so, there's one constant: The gameplay is sharp, and players move up and down the court with purpose and meaning.
    For the experienced basketball fan, you're going to pop in this game and say to yourself, 'It's about time.'
    Packed with atmosphere and lots of engaging features, such as the revamped Legacy mode and tutorials, College Hoops 2K8 is one of those games that really delivers on the college experience.