6.8

1. Oct 16, 2010
    It seems they spent so much time trying to make a funny game that they forgot about the game bit. I wouldn't even mind - but it's not even that funny...
  2. Oct 21, 2011
    After giving us 'Splosion Man', developers Twisted Pixel began talking about "the game we've always wanted to make". Sounded like a sure thing to me. I was dead wrong. The pitch: a failing comic book super hero and his trusty side kick, rebuild their rep by blasting their way through a multitude of popular comic style worlds (manga, silver age, fantasy etc) cracking jokes and parodyingAfter giving us 'Splosion Man', developers Twisted Pixel began talking about "the game we've always wanted to make". Sounded like a sure thing to me. I was dead wrong. The pitch: a failing comic book super hero and his trusty side kick, rebuild their rep by blasting their way through a multitude of popular comic style worlds (manga, silver age, fantasy etc) cracking jokes and parodying comic book culture as they do it. The reality: The worst twin stick shooter you will ever play. The enemies are over powered and take forever to die, your character is too big on screen to dodge the insane barrage of enemy projectiles. You never get a single weapon change or upgrade, you have the same two pea shooters for the entire 5 hour run. The difference between the comic worlds makes no impact on the dull never changeing run and gun and yawn gameplay. There are some beat 'em up sections in the first few minutes of the game, but they are inconsistently scarce, as if Twist Pixel got board of writing them in. As for the jokes, the humour rarley reaches beyond pop culture reference riddled, self satisfied internet cartoon grade dross. It's borring, frustrating, and well, just not fun. Collapse

1. Jan 18, 2011
    Once again Twistel Pixel has made a game with a good sense of humor. The game is repetitive, sure, but because of the appropriate level of difficulty you keep playing it anyway. Comic Jumper offers a good experience, but it just isn't worth 1200 Microsoft Points.
  2. Jan 5, 2011
    Comic Jumper: The Adventure of Captain Smiley switches between different styles of gameplay and graphics, which keeps things varied. But it fails to stay interesting and fun. The humor isn't meant for everyone which can result in irritation irritated by.
  3. Dec 28, 2010
    Comic Jumper is an incrediblt well crafted game, which has too many design issues. Frustration may overwhelm the sheer amount of irony and good graphics.